时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:59] | “My dear friend Gaius, | 我的挚友 |
[02:01] | 盖乌斯 | |
[02:03] | how are we come | 我们之间怎么会出现 |
[02:06] | to this absurd position? | 这么荒谬的情况呢? |
[02:09] | In the interests of peace and equity, | 为了和平与公道 |
[02:15] | I accept–” The Senate and People of Rome | 我接受 元老院和罗马的人民 |
[02:18] | have authorized me to accept. | 授权我接受 |
[02:21] | “…the Senate and People of Rome | 元老院和罗马的人民 |
[02:23] | have authorized me to accept a truce–“ | 已经授权我接受休战… |
[02:26] | No, not truce. That would imply | 不,不能说休战,那会暗示 |
[02:28] | that he is a sovereign rather than a criminal entity. | 他是君主而不是罪人 |
[02:31] | Quite right. A criminal. | 对啊 |
[02:32] | 罪人 | |
[02:34] | “…have authorized me to accept | 已经授权我接受 |
[02:37] | a cessation of hostilities… | 停止敌对状态的建议 |
[02:40] | on the terms offered in your last letter. | 在你上一封信所提出的条件之下 |
[02:45] | I await your answer.” | 我会等待你的回复 |
[02:47] | Good enough. Good enough? | 够好了吧 够好了? |
[02:49] | This abject humiliation is good enough? | 这种卑鄙的羞辱也能说好吗? |
[02:52] | We are not men. We are worms. | 我们不能称为人,我们简直就是虫子 |
[02:56] | Worms is harsh. | 虫子太难听了 |
[02:58] | Worms cannot run away as speedily as we do. | 虫子可没有我们跑得快 |
[03:01] | Caesar has not even left Rome, | 恺撒甚至还没有离开罗马 |
[03:04] | Gods know why not, | 老天才知道为什么 |
[03:05] | yet his legions chase us | 可是他的军团追击我们 |
[03:08] | from town to town with great ease. | 毫不费力的从这个城镇追到那个城镇 |
[03:11] | We’re more like sheep than worms. | 与其说是虫子不如说我们是一群绵羊 |
[03:14] | If our levies had not failed, if we had money to pay troops– | 要是我们还有税收,要是我们还有钱供养军队 |
[03:17] | Yes, but they have and we don’t. | 是啊,他们有,我们却没有 |
[03:20] | Let us cleave to the matter at hand. Pompey, you must give | 让我们坚守现在仅存的硕果吧,庞贝, |
[03:22] | some notion of when you will agree to meet him in person. | 你应该找个时间单独和他会晤 |
[03:26] | Never. There is no reason for them to meet. | 不可能 |
[03:26] | 他们没有理由会晤 | |
[03:28] | The dispute is between Caesar and the Senate. | 纷争是在恺撒和元老院之间 |
[03:30] | It is the proper form. I’ll not meet the man. | 这才是正式的途径 |
[03:32] | Never. Like a son, he was to me. | 我不会去见他的,决不, |
[03:34] | 他对我来说就像是我的儿子 | |
[03:36] | What he was like to you is immaterial. | 他像你什么毫不重要 |
[03:38] | It is only by Jupiter’s mercy | 出于朱庇特神的怜悯 |
[03:41] | that he has not already put our heads on pikes. | 他才没有把我们的头串在长矛上面 |
[03:44] | Mercy? Jupiter has no mercy for cowards. | 怜悯? |
[03:45] | 朱庇特神可不会怜悯懦夫 | |
[03:47] | Cato, be careful. You’ll accept abject surrender– | 你说话小心点 你要讨论接受或者反对投降? |
[03:50] | This is not surrender! | 这不是投降! |
[03:54] | Pompey Magnus does not surrender. | 庞贝·马格纳斯不会投降 |
[04:00] | I need time. | 我需要时间 |
[04:03] | A truce gains us that time. | 休战会为我们争取那些时间 |
[04:22] | verrus Horta sends three jars of amber | 法拉斯·霍塔送来三罐琥珀 |
[04:25] | and informs us he has left the standard of Pompey. | 还告诉我们他已经脱离了庞贝的阵营 |
[04:28] | He entrusts his living to your abundant mercy. | 并且请求在您的庇护下继续生活 |
[04:31] | Horta? Pederast, waxy skin, red hair, | 霍塔? 就是那个白白的皮肤,红红的头发… |
[04:34] | estates in Tusculum. I have him, the wretch. | 住在塔斯库勒姆,我认识他,是个可怜虫 |
[04:37] | Send a small bag of money with a fulsome letter | 给他送去一小袋钱 |
[04:40] | and make him a Quaestor or something. | 让他当个财务官什么的好了 |
[04:42] | Show such mercy to every man that deserts Pompey, | 要是对每个遗弃庞贝的人都给这种恩惠的话 |
[04:44] | you will pauperize yourself. There’s dozens of them coming every day. | 你会变成穷光蛋的,这种人每天都来上好几打 |
[04:47] | Judicious use of mercy is worth 10,000 men. | 善用恩惠能给你换来1万兵力 |
[04:50] | And if my last coin buys me a throne, it’s a fair price. | 要是花光我口袋里面的钱能给我买个王位的话,那也值得 |
[04:54] | A throne? Poetic license. What else? | 王位? 这是诗的破格,还能是什么呢? |
[04:57] | Atia invites you to dinner tonight. | 阿提娅邀请您用晚餐 |
[04:59] | Again? Bona Dea. | 又来了?老天 |
[05:02] | Not tonight in any case. What excuse shall I give? | 今天晚上不行 我得给个什么理由呢? |
[05:06] | None. This is the second time | 什么都不用解释 |
[05:07] | you have refused an invitation from her. | 这可是您第二次拒绝她的邀请了 |
[05:09] | I need not account for myself to Atia. | 我不需要向阿提娅说明什么 |
[05:11] | As you say. Not a sapient choice, perhaps; but brave, sure. | 如您所说,也许这不是一个聪明的选择,不过的确很勇敢 |
[05:16] | They say slaves talk of bravery as fish talk of flying. | 人们说奴隶谈勇敢就如鱼想飞翔一样不切实际 |
[05:19] | They say that, do they? How very witty of them. | 他们这么说吗?真够幽默的 |
[05:23] | “Seeking only justice and peace | 为了寻求正义与和平 |
[05:26] | and to avoid the unnecessary shedding of Roman blood, | 避免无谓的流血事件在罗马发生 |
[05:31] | Gaius Julius Caesar has publicly implored | 盖乌斯·朱利叶斯·恺撒公开恳求 |
[05:35] | the renegade Gnaius Pompey Magnus | 背叛者庞贝·马格纳斯 |
[05:37] | to accept truce and lay down his arms.” | 接受休战并且放下武器 |
[05:43] | What are you doing? | 你们在干什么? |
[05:45] | It’s rather fun, and there’s quite an art to it. | 这个挺有意思的,就像是艺术 |
[05:48] | Strange boy. | 这个古怪的孩子 |
[05:52] | I have just heard a very strange tale | 我刚刚听到奇怪事情 |
[05:54] | about you from the kitchen staff. | 从厨房工人那里听来关于你的 |
[05:56] | For what possible reason I wonder, | 我真是很想知道 |
[05:58] | would you and Caesar be skulking about in a cupboard? | 你和恺撒偷偷躲在厨房里面干什么 |
[06:00] | What? We were- it was nothing. | 什么? |
[06:02] | 我们…没什么 | |
[06:04] | Nothing? It doesn’t sound like nothing. | 没什么?听起来不像嘛 |
[06:06] | You seduced him, you sly little fox. | 你在勾引他?你个狡猾的小狐狸 |
[06:09] | I did not. I am not clear it is decent, | 我没有 |
[06:10] | him being your great uncle, but who’s to say what’s | 我不知道这正不正当 |
[06:12] | decent in times like these? In any case, well done. | 他可是你的舅公哦,谁能说呢? |
[06:13] | 这年头,什么东西才是正当? | |
[06:14] | 不管怎么样,干得好 | |
[06:17] | Let’s see Servilia compete with a soft young boy like you. | 让我们看看赛维莉亚和你这个小男孩竞争 |
[06:21] | What power we shall wield. You have it wrong. | 我们真是能干啊 |
[06:23] | A good lover is a discreet lover. | 你想错了 |
[06:24] | 好的情人一定是个谨慎的情人 | |
[06:27] | He was taken ill. I was helping him to recover, that’s all. | 他那时候不舒服,我只不过在照料他,仅此而已 |
[06:29] | Of course he was, my dove. Now in the future you must not appear too eager. | 当然是了,我的小可爱, |
[06:30] | 不过日后你不能表现得太饥渴 | |
[06:32] | A man likes it if you play hard to get. | 男人们就是喜欢难弄到手的东西 |
[06:35] | Why don’t you leave him alone, mother? Now, I have invited | 你不要烦他了,妈妈 |
[06:36] | Caesar and Mark Antony for dinner tonight. | 我已经邀请了恺撒和马克·安东尼过来吃晚餐 |
[06:39] | We’ll be sure you look especially handsome– | 我们会保证你看起来 |
[06:40] | I am not his lover! | 特别帅气 我不是他的情人! |
[06:42] | Do not lie to me. | 别对我撒谎 |
[06:44] | You know I detest it. I am not lying. | 你知道你撒谎我会看出来的 我没有 |
[06:47] | He has an affliction. A terrible affliction. | 他有时候会很痛苦,非常痛苦 |
[06:49] | Affliction? What affliction? By whom? | 痛苦?什么痛苦?谁弄的? |
[06:53] | I- I will speak no more of it. I swore an oath. | 我…我不会再说了,我立过誓 |
[06:55] | Oath be damned! I am your mother. Tell me. | 去他的誓言,我可是你妈妈,告诉我 |
[06:57] | Excuse me. I will not. | 原谅我,我不能说 |
[07:04] | Well, that’s very disappointing. | 真是让人失望 |
[07:13] | Caesar sends to say he cannot come this evening. | 恺撒派人来说他不会来赴宴了 |
[07:16] | No matter. | 无所谓了 |
[07:19] | Why not? He doesn’t say. | 为什么不来? |
[07:21] | 他没说 | |
[07:42] | Titus Pullo is sleeping on the stairs again. | 泰特斯·波罗又睡在楼梯上了 |
[07:45] | Has he nowhere else to go? He won’t be in Rome much longer. | 他就不能去别的地方? 他不会在罗马呆太长时间的 |
[07:48] | Tell me, when is the youth returning? Your husband. | 告诉我,那个年轻人什么时候回来?你的丈夫 |
[07:53] | Crito. When does he return from his droving? | 克理图 克理图, |
[07:54] | 他什么时候能卖完牲口回来? | |
[07:56] | November. Why? I’m selling my slaves today. | 十一月,为什么? 我今天要把奴隶卖了 |
[07:59] | There’ll be money enough spare for your dowry. | 那就会有钱给你买嫁妆了 |
[08:01] | So when Crito comes home, you and Lucius can go to him | 他一回来,你和卢休斯就可以到他那里 |
[08:04] | and start your married life proper. Thank you, Father! | 好好的过你们小日子 |
[08:05] | Thank you. We’ll be sorry to see you go. | 谢谢你,爸爸 谢谢, |
[08:07] | November? It’s so soon. | 我们看到你要走真是不舍得 |
[08:08] | They have to go at some time. Of course, of course, | 十一月?太快了 |
[08:10] | -他们没过一段时间就得走了 | |
[08:11] | but November. It’s hard, but it has to be done. | -是的,没错 可是十一月 -我知道这很难, |
[08:14] | They’ll be so far away. You know how these drovers live. | 但是早晚总得这么做 |
[08:15] | 他们要去很远,你知道这种牲畜贩子怎么生活 | |
[08:18] | But Mama, I want to go. I want to be with my husband. | 但是妈妈,我要去,我要和我的丈夫在一起 |
[08:20] | I know. I know. Of course. | 我知道,我知道,当然了 |
[08:22] | You must go. | 你必须得走 |
[08:24] | It’s just hard. | 就是太难了 |
[08:28] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[08:30] | Trouble you for some water? | 麻烦讨口水喝? |
[08:32] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[08:36] | You should be in camp. Nothing to do there. | 你应该呆在军营里 |
[08:37] | It’s boring. Take some bread. | 在那里无所事事 -真是无聊 |
[08:41] | I’ll not, thanks. | 吃点面包 |
[08:42] | 不用了,谢谢 | |
[08:44] | I’m not feeling too well. | 我觉得不是很舒服 |
[08:46] | You’re drinking too much. | 你喝太多了 |
[08:49] | No, it’s not that. | 没有,不是那样的 |
[08:51] | I ate some depraved oysters. | 我吃了腐烂的牡蛎 |
[08:55] | Where’s your girl? Girl? | 你的女人呢? |
[08:56] | 女人? | |
[09:01] | Cac! | 糟了! |
[09:08] | I know it’s one of these. I know it! | 我知道就在这里面,我知道的 |
[09:11] | Stop worrying. | 别担心了 |
[09:12] | Even if we can’t find her, you can get another. | 就算找不到了,你还可以在找另一个嘛 |
[09:15] | I don’t want another. I want Eirene. | 我不要另一个 |
[09:17] | You’ll be off south after Pompey before long. | 我要爱琳妮 |
[09:18] | 你不用多久就得南征去打庞贝了 | |
[09:20] | You can’t take her soldiering. | 不可能带着她上路的 |
[09:22] | Maybe I won’t go back to camp. | 可能我就不归队了 |
[09:24] | My time is nearly done anyway. | 反正我的服役时间也差不多了 |
[09:26] | Leave the 13th? Why? | 离开第13军团?为什么? |
[09:29] | You did. You are not me. | 你不就走了吗? 你又不是我 |
[09:32] | You have no talent for peace. | 你没有和平的天分 |
[09:33] | I can’t just leave her. | 我不能扔下她不管 |
[09:36] | You think with your penis. It’s not like that. | 你就只会用老二思考 |
[09:37] | I’ve not touched her. Then what purpose does she serve? | 不是那样的 |
[09:39] | 我碰都没碰过她 那你要她干嘛? | |
[09:41] | I just like to look at her. Makes me calm. | 我喜欢看着她,能让我感到平静 |
[09:49] | Here she is. | 她在那里呢 |
[09:52] | Thank you, Apollo. | 感谢你,阿波罗神 |
[09:55] | The girl is his. | 那个女孩儿是他的 |
[09:58] | No trouble. Pay what’s owed, | 别找麻烦,欠债还钱 |
[10:00] | and the girl is all yours. What’s owed? | 女孩儿你就可以带走了 欠债? |
[10:03] | You should be paying me to drink the pond filth you serve here. | 给我吃了那些垃圾你该给我钱才对 |
[10:08] | Pullo! | 波罗! |
[10:11] | How much? | 多少钱? |
[10:16] | I’ll pay you back soon as I can. | 我一有钱就马上还你 |
[10:18] | Do that. | 好吧, |
[10:21] | So what will you do with her? | 不过你要拿她怎么办? |
[10:29] | I don’t want her. Say again? | 我不要她呆在这里 |
[10:30] | I don’t want her. It’s nice of you to think of it– | 再说一次? |
[10:31] | 我不要她,你们想得倒是好… | |
[10:33] | But you want a slave. You keep asking for one, | 你不是要个奴隶吗?一直都想要的 |
[10:35] | and here she is. Pullo can’t keep her, and it costs us nothing. | 这就给你带了一个来,波罗没法安置她,我们又不用花钱 |
[10:38] | Can’t I have one of your Gaulish slaves? | 我就不能要一个你的高卢奴隶? |
[10:39] | I’ve told you, my Gauls are unseasoned. | 我跟你说过,我的高卢奴隶还没驯化呢 |
[10:41] | Cut your throat as soon as sweep your floor. | 擦完地板就会把你的喉咙给割了 |
[10:43] | This one’s trained up nice and docile. | 这个受过训练,又干净又听话 |
[10:45] | What is wrong with her? | 她有什么不好的? |
[10:49] | She has strange eyes. You drive me insane! | 她的眼神很奇怪 |
[10:51] | 你快让我疯了 | |
[10:54] | The girl stays. | 女孩儿留下来 |
[11:04] | Keep calm, sweetie. Keep calm. | 冷静点,宝贝,冷静点 |
[11:07] | How can I be calm when Pullo’s put that little witch to spy on me? | 我怎么能冷静,波罗 |
[11:09] | 把那个小贱人留下来监视我 | |
[11:10] | He knows, Rissa, he knows. | 他知道了,莉莎,他知道了 |
[11:13] | Big simple brute like that? | 就他那样的傻大个儿? |
[11:14] | If he even suspected anything, | 就算他怀疑什么事情 |
[11:16] | he’d go straight to vorenus and tell him, wouldn’t he? | 他肯定会马上告诉乌瑞纳斯的,不是吗? |
[11:19] | Course he would. You really think? | 你真的这么想? |
[11:21] | He doesn’t know nothing. Really? | 他什么都不知道 真的? |
[11:23] | Sure of it. So he saw Evander round your house. | 当然了。他看到伊万达在你的房子里 |
[11:27] | So what? He’s family. He’s allowed. | 那又怎么样?他是你的家人,当然可以进来 |
[11:29] | That’s true. You’re getting worried over nothing. | 那倒是 你不用担心的 |
[11:34] | Gods, let it be so. | 上帝,希望如此吧 |
[11:36] | Poor sad wretch gives everything you asked for. | 那个可怜虫把你要的都给你了 |
[11:39] | The Senate will ratify your status, | 元老院认可你的地位 |
[11:42] | you get your triumph, stand for consul, | 你得到胜利,成为执政官 |
[11:44] | and Pompey shall withdraw to Spain. | 而庞贝就撤退到西班牙 |
[11:47] | He’ll suck Posca’s cock if asked nicely. | 要是我们要求的话估计他还会答应亲波斯卡的小鸡鸡呢 |
[11:49] | Too generous by far. I never thought for an instant | 这也太慷慨了吧 |
[11:51] | Pompey would accept such terms. You think it’s a stratagem? | 我从未想过要接受这样的条款 |
[11:54] | I doubt it. | 你认为这是他的诡计? |
[11:55] | 我怀疑 | |
[11:58] | He and what few forces he has are trapped. | 他和他的军队都已经被困了 |
[12:00] | He’s weak and growing weaker every day. | 他已经弱下来了,而且每天都在败落 |
[12:03] | We might crush him at will. | 我们随时都可以让他完蛋 |
[12:05] | But now that he has offered truce, | 不过既然他答应了休战 |
[12:08] | I will look like the worst kind of tyrant if I attack him. | 如果我再去攻打他,那我就显得是个暴君了 |
[12:12] | Posca here thinks I should accept the truce. | 波斯卡认为我应该接受休战 |
[12:16] | Make peace. In exchange for what? | 缔造和平 那能够换来什么? |
[12:18] | Peace is it’s own reward. Snivelry. | 和平本身就是回报 |
[12:20] | The ram has touched the wall. No mercy. | 妇人之仁 |
[12:22] | 撞锤已经贴在城墙外面了,不能仁慈 | |
[12:24] | Pompey has no great army, but he has the Senate with him. | 庞贝身边没有军队,但是有元老院 |
[12:27] | He has legitimacy. In Rome they are the Senate. | 他带有合法性 |
[12:29] | 他们在罗马才是元老院 | |
[12:31] | Beyond the walls they are just 300 old men. | 走出了城墙他们不过是300个没有用的老头儿 |
[12:33] | As you say, Antony, but others will agree with Posca. | 你说的有道理,安东尼,但是别人会认同波斯卡的看法, |
[12:36] | They have made this shameful surrender public. | 不过他们已经公开向我投降了 |
[12:38] | It will be read all over ltaly. | 整个意大利都会知道 |
[12:40] | If I am not a tyrant, | 如果我不是暴君 |
[12:43] | if I merely seek legitimacy, | 如果我要的只是合法性 |
[12:45] | why would I not accept such favorable terms? | 为什么不能接受他们的条款呢? |
[12:49] | He refuses to meet us… | 他拒绝与我们会晤 |
[12:53] | in person? | 单独的会晤? |
[12:59] | very good. Simple. | 很好,这个简单 |
[13:02] | Hoi polloi can understand a reason like that. | 民众会明白这么一个理由 |
[13:04] | He refuses to meet me face to face. | 他拒绝见我 |
[13:07] | Man to man. | 拒绝面对面地见我 |
[13:09] | He refuses to meet me. | 拒绝会晤 |
[13:11] | Right, that’s it. | 对,就是这个了 |
[13:14] | No truce. Let’s be after them. | 决不休战, |
[13:15] | Patience. | 我们这就追他 |
[13:17] | 耐心点 | |
[13:19] | He’s well caught. | 他跑不了的 |
[13:22] | We’ll leave when the time is right. | 等时机成熟了我们再出发 |
[13:28] | When? | 什么时候? |
[13:30] | When the time is right. | 时机成熟之时 |
[13:33] | But we should have left Rome long ago. | 我们早就应该离开罗马了 |
[13:35] | The apple is ripe for the plucking, | 苹果熟了早该摘了 |
[13:37] | and we just sit here doing nothing? | 而我们却呆坐着什么都不干? |
[13:41] | Pompey is not an apple | 庞贝不是苹果 |
[13:44] | and I am not a farmer. | 我也不是农夫 |
[13:47] | Call for my guard. | 传守卫 |
[14:09] | First Spear Centurion Lucius Vorenus. | 百夫长卢休斯·乌瑞纳斯 |
[14:11] | I have been looking for your return. | 等你回来等了好久 |
[14:13] | I’m no longer in the army, citizen. | 我退役了,公民 |
[14:15] | I’ve come to sell my stock. | 我来把存货给卖了 |
[14:16] | Ah,well… | 啊,嗯… |
[14:38] | Black blood flux. Nothing to be done. | 脱水腹泻,我无能为力 |
[14:42] | Flux? I kept ’em here despite the stink | 腹泻? |
[14:43] | so you’d know I’d done you nothing dodgy. | 虽然臭不可当,但是我可是还把他们留着 |
[14:45] | 所以我没有耍什么花招 | |
[14:48] | Nobody to blame. | 也不是谁的错 |
[14:50] | Fortune left you one at least. | 还好你还剩下一个 |
[14:52] | Auspicious boy that is. How much will he fetch? | 就是那个幸运的孩子 |
[14:54] | 那能换多少钱? | |
[14:57] | Oh, a respectable price. | 哦,一大笔钱 |
[15:00] | More than enough to pay the feed bill. | 足够把喂养费还了还有剩下的 |
[15:03] | Feed bill? They didn’t starve to death. | 喂养费? |
[15:04] | 他们可没有饿死 | |
[15:13] | Move! | 快走! |
[15:23] | Nothing? Not nothing. The boy will fetch | 什么都没了? |
[15:24] | a good price when he’s healthy. What’s that? | 不是一无所有, |
[15:25] | Your father brought him back from Gaul. What will we do till then? | 这小孩子健康起来后能卖个好价钱 |
[15:27] | 那是什么? 你爸爸把他从高卢带回来的, | |
[15:29] | To keep? | 在那之前我们能怎么样? |
[15:30] | We’re selling him as soon as he gets some color. | 养着他? 等他有点血色我们就把他卖了 |
[15:33] | What will we do after that? What’s his name? | 那卖了之后呢? |
[15:34] | He hasn’t got one! | 他叫什么名字? 没有名字 |
[15:36] | We’ll call him Rubio after my pigeon that died. | 我把他叫做卢比奥,那是我死去的鸽子的名字 |
[15:38] | We’ve nothing saved. | 我们什么都没了 |
[15:40] | Don’t worry. I will think of something. | 别担心,我们会想到有的 |
[16:14] | And again. | 又是这样 |
[16:16] | This is a rout. | 又输了 |
[16:19] | Shall I be merciful? | 我要不要仁慈点呢? |
[16:27] | I think not. | 还是不要 |
[16:36] | How will you pay your debt? | 你该怎么还我的债呢? |
[16:43] | All that I have is already yours. | 我的就是你的 |
[16:46] | What else can I give you? | 还能给你什么呢? |
[16:48] | Don’t leave me again. | 别再离开我 |
[16:50] | I never left you. | 我从没有离开过你 |
[17:15] | The men are going mad from boredom. | 人们都无聊疯了 |
[17:17] | Just today I had to cut the hands off a perfectly good Legionary | 今天我不得不割下一个骁勇的战士的双手因为他 |
[17:20] | for murdering a civilian. | 杀害了一个平民 |
[17:23] | Then I had to listen to a jumped up freedman | 接着 又得听一个不知道哪里来的自由民 |
[17:28] | raving for hours | 胡说八道了半天 |
[17:29] | about one of my centurions seducing his daughters. | 说有个百夫长在勾引他的女儿 |
[17:36] | It all sounds very tedious. It is your uncle’s fault. | 听起来无聊死了 |
[17:38] | He should’ve taken the legions south after Pompey. | 都是你舅舅的错 |
[17:40] | 他应该领兵南下 | |
[17:42] | The men know it, and it makes them restless. | 追击庞贝 |
[17:43] | 他知道的,那就可以让他们不得安宁 | |
[17:49] | Of course… | 当然了 |
[17:54] | he pretends it is a stratagem. | 可他却装作是胸有成竹 |
[17:59] | But every dog in camp | 但是军营里连每只狗都知道 |
[18:01] | knows that Servilia has unmanned him. | 是赛维莉亚让他失去了男子气概 |
[18:05] | He will not be parted from her. | 他现在不会离开她了 |
[18:09] | I… | 我… |
[18:12] | as you can tell, | 你也看的出来 |
[18:14] | am not unmanned. | 依然勇猛如昔 |
[18:34] | Intolerable. Intolerable! | 简直是无法忍受 |
[18:36] | Calm yourself, Mother, please. You’ve become unbalanced. | 无法忍受! |
[18:36] | 冷静点,妈妈,你都快神经错乱了 | |
[18:39] | Why care so much who he beds? It is trivium. | 为什么要管谁和他上床呢? |
[18:40] | How you take after your father- simple as milk. | 这都是小事 |
[18:42] | 你怎么跟你爸爸一样,单纯 | |
[18:44] | If he were not mewling in bed with that witch he would be chasing down Pompey. | 要不是他在床上 |
[18:46] | 跟那个婊子缠绵,他早就追杀庞贝去了 | |
[18:48] | It is not trivium. The Republic is at stake. | 这可不是小事, |
[18:49] | Since when do you care about the Republic? | 共和国现在很危险 |
[18:51] | 你什么时候开始关心共和国的? | |
[18:54] | I care deeply about the Republic. | 我一直关心共和国 |
[18:56] | It would be very unwise to cause trouble about this. | 很不明智 |
[18:57] | 为了这个生事 | |
[18:59] | Of course. I wouldn’t lower myself. | 当然了, |
[19:00] | 我不会自降身价的 | |
[19:04] | Such sordid couplings have a way of turning out badly anyhow… | 这对肮脏的狗男女自然会被曝光的 |
[19:08] | by no one’s special doing. | 不需要任何人干什么 |
[19:11] | Tutor has arrived. Oh good. | 家庭教师来了 |
[19:13] | 哦,好 | |
[19:16] | Your tutor has arrived and waits in the rear yard. | 你的老师来了,在后院等呢 |
[19:19] | Tutor? What tutor? | 老师?什么老师? |
[19:21] | It’s high time you learned the masculine arts. | 你早就该学学男人的技艺了 |
[19:24] | How to fight and copulate and skin animals and so forth. | 如何格斗 |
[19:25] | 如何交媾,还有如何给动物剥皮 | |
[19:27] | There’s plenty of time yet for all that. | 一切类似的东西 |
[19:27] | 要学那些还有很长时间呢 | |
[19:29] | Plenty of time for you to bury yourself in worthless scribbles. | 你还有很多时间去看那些没用的书 |
[19:33] | You may read those old Greek fools | 你可以看这些希腊破书 |
[19:35] | until blood runs from your eyes, you’ll be none the wiser. | 看到眼睛流血,但是你还是成不了智者 |
[19:37] | I cannot agree. The Greek philosophers have much to teach us. | 才不是呢, |
[19:38] | 希腊的智者教会了我们很多东西 | |
[19:41] | Well, here’s a Greek philosopher for you. | 那么,这就是一个希腊智者 |
[19:45] | I’ve engaged that soldier of yours. | 我把你的那个士兵叫来了 |
[19:47] | vorenus? Was that it? | 乌瑞纳斯? |
[19:48] | Not the sullen Catonian one, I don’t like him. | 是他吗? |
[19:50] | 不是那个一脸严肃的, | |
[19:51] | The cheerful brutish one. Pullo. | 我不喜欢他 |
[19:53] | 是那个长得像野兽的 | |
[19:55] | That’s it. What extraordinary names these plebs have. | 波罗,不错,就是他, |
[19:57] | 他们的名字真够怪的 | |
[20:00] | Pullo. | 波罗 |
[20:02] | Defend! Shield. | 防守! |
[20:04] | Shield. | 盾牌,盾牌 |
[20:06] | Don’t wave it about. | 别乱挥 |
[20:10] | Shield. | 盾牌 |
[20:13] | Enough! | 够了!! |
[20:18] | Water. | 水 |
[20:31] | This is absurd. | 真是荒谬 |
[20:34] | I have no soldiery stuff in me. | 我没有搏击的天分 |
[20:36] | And this exertion brings on a fever. | 这么强行去打只会让我发烧 |
[20:38] | I feel it in my spleen. You’re just not used to it. | 我的脾脏都有感觉了 |
[20:39] | It takes time. I’ve seen you kill. | 你只是没习惯罢了 |
[20:40] | 这是需要时间的, | |
[20:42] | There’s plenty of soldier in you. It’s not the killing. | 我见过你杀人 |
[20:44] | 你可是很有天分的 | |
[20:46] | It’s the waving about of swords I find tedious. | 不是杀人的问题, |
[20:47] | 我只是觉得舞剑很没意思 | |
[20:50] | I dare say I can kill people readily enough, | 我敢说我能够很容易地杀人 |
[20:51] | as long as they’re not fighting back. | 只要他们不还手 |
[20:53] | Never fear, young Dominus. We’ll make a regular terror of you. | 别怕,小主人, |
[20:54] | At best I will be a middling swordsman. | 我们会把你变得让人胆寒 |
[20:56] | It’s better than nothing. There you are wrong. | 我只能成为庸手 |
[20:58] | The graveyards are full of middling swordsmen. | 总比什么不会的强 那你就错了, |
[21:00] | 死的都是那些庸手 | |
[21:02] | Best to be no swordsman at all than a middling swordsman. | 与其当庸手还不如什么都不会好 |
[21:08] | Don’t do that. | 不准那样 |
[21:10] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[21:19] | Young Dominus… | 小主人 |
[21:20] | I need your advice on a delicate matter, | 我要请教一下你的意见 |
[21:22] | if you’d be willing? I am. | 关于一件复杂的事情,如果你乐意的话, 没问题 |
[21:25] | Suppose you saw something which made you suspect something– | 假设你看到了一件事情,让你怀疑另一件事情… |
[21:28] | something terrible. | 一件可怕的事情 |
[21:30] | Would you tell the husband of the suspicious article? | 你会告诉被怀疑那个人的丈夫吗? |
[21:32] | Suppose suspicion of what? | 怀疑她什么? |
[21:37] | Another man. Ah. | 另一个男人 |
[21:40] | We are speaking of vorenus and his wife, I presume. | 我猜你说的是乌瑞纳斯和他的妻子 |
[21:42] | I never said that. | 我没有那么说过 |
[21:46] | It seems to me that suspicion alone is not enough to speak. | 在我看来光是怀疑还是不够的 |
[21:50] | Once spoken out, the suspicion of such depravity | 一旦怀疑到这种事情 |
[21:53] | is real enough to do the work of truth. | 找到实在的证据才是正确的 |
[21:55] | And what if you are mistaken? | 要是你弄错了呢? |
[21:57] | Then vorenus is dishonored by error. | 那么乌瑞纳斯就会因为你的错误蒙羞 |
[22:00] | Facts are necessary. Without facts, you must remain silent. | 事实最重要,没有事实你什么都不能说 |
[22:06] | I knew you’d hit the jugular. | 我知道你会说的那么透彻的 |
[22:31] | Refuses truce. | 拒绝休战 |
[22:34] | What now? | 现在怎么办? |
[22:37] | What now? | 怎么办? |
[22:42] | How happy, eh? | 多开心啊,嗯? |
[22:45] | To be a slave. | 身为奴隶 |
[22:47] | To have no will. | 没有自己的意志 |
[22:49] | To make no decisions. | 不用做任何决定 |
[22:51] | Driftwood. | 像段漂流的朽木 |
[22:53] | How very restful it must be. | 那会是多么宁静的事啊 |
[23:08] | Erastes Fulmen. Centurion. | 伊拉斯提斯·富罗门 百夫长 |
[23:15] | I have come to seek your counsel. | 我来是想问一下你的建议 |
[23:17] | Always happy to help a friend. | 非常乐意 |
[23:19] | I need to borrow some money | 我想问你借点钱 |
[23:21] | and I am told you have friends in the lending trade. | 听人说你有朋友从事贷款这个行业 |
[23:24] | I do. | 不错 |
[23:26] | I do. I only hesitate because I’m surprised. | 不错,我犹豫 |
[23:28] | You was well found. | 是因为我有点惊讶 |
[23:30] | My slaves were taken by the black flux. | 你手头应该不缺钱吧 |
[23:32] | 我的奴隶都患了病 | |
[23:35] | But once I raise capital, I’ll go up North and buy some more. | 但是我一但有了资金我就会 |
[23:37] | I have good contacts in Narbo. | 北上买更多奴隶 |
[23:38] | Be needing a big chunk then? I will. | 我在纳尔波有很多关系 |
[23:40] | 那就是要很大一笔了,对吧 | |
[23:42] | 不错 | |
[23:45] | I cannot. | 不行 |
[23:47] | Wrong to lead a citizen like yourself down that path. | 把你引到这条路上来是不对的 |
[23:52] | Rough business, moneylending. | 这是个很粗暴的行业,放贷 |
[23:54] | Man can’t pay, he may have to suffer. | 还不起钱就得受罪的 |
[23:56] | Was I to introduce you to a lender, | 我要是把你介绍给放贷的 |
[23:59] | I would be putting two wolves into one cage. | 就像是把两头狼放到一个笼子里 |
[24:02] | To neither’s benefit. | 没有一方会得到好处 |
[24:05] | You’re right. You’re right. | 不错, |
[24:06] | Thank you for your time. | 你是对的, 谢谢你抽时间 |
[24:08] | Centurion, there are other ways to make money. | 百夫长,还有一条路可以赚钱 |
[24:11] | Man like you, there’s situations | 像你这样的人, |
[24:13] | his simple presence would be valuable. | 只需要露个脸就可以值很多钱 |
[24:16] | A man like me. A hard man. | 像我这样的人? 铁汉 |
[24:18] | First Spear Centurion in Caesar’s mighty 13th. | 恺撒第13军团的百夫长 |
[24:21] | I’m no longer in the army. No matter. | 我已经退役了 没关系 |
[24:23] | Your bearing is enough. | 就你的样子已经足够了 |
[24:26] | You would lend dignity and strength to business transactions. | 你可以把你的荣耀和力量借给做生意的人 |
[24:30] | If you like, I could use you myself. | 如果你愿意的话,我就想雇用你 |
[24:32] | Show you the onions. | 让你看看那些羡慕的眼光 |
[24:34] | That’s good of you, | 谢谢你的好意,不过 |
[24:36] | but I still don’t see what I would do exactly. | 我还不清楚你要我作甚么? |
[24:41] | You would come with me to discourage trouble. | 你来和我一起解决一些麻烦 |
[24:45] | No one’s going to mess with a First Spear Centurion. | 没有人会跟百夫长找麻烦的 |
[24:48] | I’d be a bodyguard. | 做保镖? |
[24:56] | Good money. | 会有很多钱 |
[25:00] | I told you! I told you! | 我告诉过你的,我告诉过你的! |
[25:02] | I’m sorry, I couldn’t help it. I can’t– | 对不起,我情不自禁,我没法… |
[25:04] | Damn you! Damn her! I am your wife. | 去你的, |
[25:06] | Me. I am your wife. | 我可是你的妻子! |
[25:07] | 我,你的妻子 | |
[25:10] | Lyde! | 莱蒂! |
[25:32] | That’s lovely. | 真好看 |
[25:35] | It’s not too army-like? | 看起来不像军人吧? |
[25:37] | Like a man of deep business. | 像个做生意的 |
[25:39] | I’m no business man. I’m just a bodyguard. | 我不是生意人,只是个保镖 |
[25:42] | It’s a start. | 刚开始嘛 |
[25:58] | Please please, just for me. | 赛维莉亚是恺撒的情妇 |
[26:16] | What is the matter with everybody? | 大家都怎么了? |
[26:23] | Lock him up, girls! Lock him up! | 恺撒的御用吹萧 |
[26:26] | Ohh! Oy, Calpurnia! | |
[26:28] | Ooh, yes! | |
[26:35] | 恺撒是赛维莉亚的性奴 | |
[26:40] | Calpurnia- Do not trouble yourself with denial. | 卡普尼娅… 不要管那些风言风语 |
[26:42] | I did not intend to. Be rid of her and we’ll say no more. | 我不是故意的 离开她,我不会再说了 |
[26:45] | Let us not- Or divorce will follow. | 我们别… 否则就离婚 |
[26:49] | Perhaps that is not enough to deter you. | 或许那不足以阻拦你 |
[26:52] | Be that as it may, I am indifferent. | 那就那样吧,反正我是不会关心的 |
[26:57] | We cannot divorce now. | 现在可不能离婚啊 |
[26:59] | Her family’s influence will be critical– | 她家族的支持很关键 |
[27:01] | I know it. | 我知道 |
[27:04] | Bring me out the smaller scales. | 恺撒狂操赛维莉亚 |
[27:06] | Centurion, you’re right on time. Citizen. | 百夫长,你来的正好 公民 |
[27:11] | Why do we not meet in the Forum? | 我们为什么不在市场上见面? |
[27:13] | Forum’s only for closing deals, putting a hand on it public-like. | 市场只是给那些快完成的交易,是公开的 |
[27:23] | Enough of that Teuton droning! | 别吹了! |
[27:26] | If you want to whistle like someone’s bum boy, | 要是你真想学那些无业游民那样吹口哨 |
[27:28] | whistle a good Roman song at least. | 吹点好听的罗马小调 |
[27:34] | And she complained I was like an elephant. | 她老是抱怨我像头大象 |
[27:36] | Tanjit, my honey duck, | 塔基特,我的小鸭子 |
[27:38] | you’re looking well. Erastes Fulmen. | 你看起来很好嘛 伊拉特斯·富罗门 |
[27:40] | I kiss your mother’s feet. | 向你妈妈问好 |
[27:43] | Please, sit. | 请坐吧 |
[27:45] | Would you like something to eat, drink? | 要什么东西吃喝? |
[27:47] | Wine will do. We do not have wine. Milk, perhaps? | 来点葡萄酒吧 我们没有酒,牛奶如何? |
[27:52] | Milk?! Run out of piss, did you? | 牛奶?你的尿喝完了吧? |
[27:57] | Humor. very good. | 真会开玩笑,呵呵 |
[27:59] | I’m sad to have to come here, Tanjit. | 非得要我到这里来我觉得很不高兴,塔基特 |
[28:01] | I’m very depressed. | 非常不高兴 |
[28:03] | I thought we were businessmen. | 我原以为我们都是生意人 |
[28:05] | I thought we understood each other, yet here we are. | 还以为我们可以互相理解,但是我们却 |
[28:08] | Here we are. | 来到这种地步 |
[28:09] | I’m only going to ask once. | 我只会问你一次 |
[28:12] | Where’s my money? | 我的钱呢? |
[28:15] | Where’s my truffle pigs? | 我要买的猪呢? |
[28:16] | 50 pigs you have as ordered. | 你不就叫我订了50只猪嘛 |
[28:18] | 50 diseased and scrofulous pigs. | 你给了我50只病猪 |
[28:21] | And one knows how to find truffles. Tricky beasts. | 其中有一只知道怎么去找蘑菇吃的 狡猾的畜生 |
[28:24] | Haven’t been eating acorns, have they? | 他们没吃橡树果吗? |
[28:26] | Fucks them for truffling, too much acorns. | 去他妈的蘑菇,太多的橡树果了 |
[28:28] | I will give you one quarter price. Out of friendship. | 我可以还你1/4的钱,出于我们的友谊 |
[28:31] | You’ll give me every mumping denarius | 你一个子儿都别想少,你这个胡子拉扎的奸贼 |
[28:35] | you cac-faced cunny! Really, | 真的 |
[28:35] | there is no call for rudeness. | 让我们不要用野蛮来解决问题 |
[28:37] | I’m told Hindus live on after death. Is that true? | 我听说印度人死了以后生命不灭?真的吗? |
[28:40] | Our bodies die and decay as yours will. | 我们死了也会腐化,跟你们一样 |
[28:43] | But our souls live on eternally. | 但是我们的灵魂永生 |
[28:46] | Well, that’s nice arrangements. | 嗯,那样的安排不错 |
[28:47] | You’re not afraid to die then? Not at all. | 那么你就是不怕死咯? 一点都不怕 |
[29:02] | Break his arm. | 敲断他的手 |
[29:05] | Break his arm. | 敲断他的手 |
[29:31] | Give me my money, you monkey’s cunt. | 还我钱,你这个猴崽子 |
[29:35] | Kiss my ass. | 去死吧 |
[29:38] | Cut his throat. | 割了他的喉咙 |
[29:46] | Cut it! | 快割! |
[30:11] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么? |
[30:28] | What happened? | 发生什么事了? |
[30:31] | What’s wrong? Tell me. | 怎么了?告诉我 |
[30:35] | Erastes Fulmen asked me to kill a man. | 伊拉特斯·富罗门要我杀人 |
[30:39] | You refused him? | 你不答应? |
[30:41] | What else was I to do? | 我还能怎么样? |
[30:44] | I am no bandit. Of course you’re not. | 我又不是强盗 你当然不是了 |
[30:46] | You couldn’t do other than you did. | 你不能像从前那样杀人了 |
[30:48] | But how are we to pay the rent? | 不过我们怎么给租金啊? |
[30:51] | How are we to feed the children? | 怎么养活孩子们? |
[31:02] | He’s here! | 他来了! |
[31:06] | I’m so glad! I thought you might not– | 我真高兴!我还以为你不会… |
[31:08] | I regret I cannot stay. | 抱歉我不能呆下去了 |
[31:12] | I’ve come to say goodbye. | 我是来道别的 |
[31:16] | Goodbye? | 道别? |
[31:17] | I’m going south in pursuit of Pompey, | 我要南下追击庞贝 |
[31:20] | and we shall not see each other again. | 我们不会再见面了 |
[31:24] | What, never? Never. | 什么?永不? 永不 |
[31:29] | Don’t joke so. | 别这么开玩笑 |
[31:30] | I am not joking. | 我没有开玩笑 |
[31:33] | Is this because of some foolish graffi– | 是不是因为那些愚蠢的画 |
[31:35] | Servilia, we are done. | 赛维莉亚,我们结束了 |
[31:47] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说? |
[31:54] | We love each other. | 我们彼此爱着对方 |
[31:57] | Be assured, | 是的 |
[31:57] | it is not that l do not love you. | 并不是我不爱你 |
[32:00] | I do this against my own inclination. | 我这么做是与我的意愿相背的 |
[32:02] | There are, however, larger issues at stake, | 不过,有更危急的事情要我去处理 |
[32:05] | and I must do what is right for the Republic. | 而我必须做出对共和国有利的事 |
[32:09] | The Republic?! | 共和国?! |
[32:46] | Why so happy, Mother? | 为什么这么高兴?妈妈? |
[32:49] | No reason. | 没事 |
[32:51] | None at all? | 一点事情都没有? |
[32:52] | No clever little plan bearing fruit? | 没有什么聪明的计划得逞了? |
[32:55] | None at all, my poppet. | 没有,我的宝贝 |
[32:57] | Nor should you suggest otherwise… | 没有其他的暗示 |
[33:00] | to anyone. | 对任何人 |
[33:07] | What’s all the fuss? | 这么慌慌张张的干什么? |
[33:09] | We go south tomorrow. Excellent. | 我们明天南下 太好了 |
[33:11] | If we move fast, Pompey will be eating dust by the Kalends. | 要是我们动作快的话,不到初一庞贝就会遭殃了 |
[33:14] | You’ll remain here with the 13th to keep the peace. | 你和第13军团留在这里,维持秩序 |
[33:17] | Keep the peace? | 维持秩序? |
[33:19] | The city will be in your charge. I’ll leave Posca to assist you. | 罗马城由你来接管。我会把波斯卡留下来帮你 |
[33:22] | That’s ridiculous! I’m a soldier, not a peacekeeper. | 太荒谬了,我是军人,又不是维持秩序的 |
[33:25] | You will follow orders, damn you. | 你要服从命令,妈的 |
[33:45] | I was considering… | 我在考虑… |
[33:48] | I’m sick and tired– | |
[33:52] | …I have a farm near here. | 我在附近有个农庄 |
[33:56] | Lovely at this time of year. | 一年里这个时候景色漂亮极了 |
[33:59] | I was considering that I might go there. | 我想我可能去那里 |
[34:05] | Stay for the harvest. | 呆在那里过收获期 |
[34:09] | Perhaps you’d like to join me? | 要么你和我一起去? |
[34:11] | That is very kind, | 谢谢了 |
[34:14] | but I think I will stay here. | 不过我还是留在这里 |
[34:21] | No good will come of staying. | 留下来没有好处的 |
[34:24] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[34:26] | The sea air is bracing at least. | 至少大海让人觉得鼓舞 |
[34:28] | If you do not go then I cannot go, I suppose. | 你若是不走,我也走不了 |
[34:32] | It would look cowardly. | 那样我就显得太懦夫了 |
[34:33] | What matter? You would know it were not so. | 有关系吗?即使不是如此你也早就知道了 |
[34:37] | Oh, I would know, certainly. | 是啊,我当然早就知道 |
[34:40] | But I do not have | 但是我不像你 |
[34:42] | a grand shining old name like you. | 有一个光芒显赫的姓氏 |
[34:46] | I must keep my name well-polished, | 我得把我的族姓好好保留下去 |
[34:49] | else it looks very dull. | 否则就会永远抬不起头来 |
[34:55] | I must stay then I’m sorry, old man. | 那我就得留下来了 对不起了,老家伙 |
[35:56] | Soldier! | 士兵! |
[35:59] | You’re on duty. | 你在当值 |
[36:02] | The general will see you now. | 将军可以见你了 |
[36:21] | Copy this. | 把这份抄录了 |
[36:39] | What do you want, citizen? | 公民,你想干什么? |
[36:43] | I’ve reconsidered my position, sir. | 我重新考虑了我的情况,长官 |
[36:46] | I wish to accept your offer. | 我想接受你的提议 |
[36:49] | My offer? | 我的提议? |
[36:53] | Of entry into Evocati. | 成为留用士官 |
[36:55] | If same terms still apply. | 要是条件都没有过时的话 |
[36:57] | I said you could join Evocati? | 我说过你可以当留用士官吗? |
[37:01] | With respect, sir, you did. | 是的,长官,你说过 |
[37:12] | What terms did I offer? | 我开出什么条件? |
[37:15] | Evocati Prefect first grade, 10,000 sesterces. | 一级留用士官,1万赛斯特斯 |
[37:21] | That’s a generous offer. One which you declined. | 那个条件真够慷慨的,不过你却拒绝了 |
[37:30] | Normally, I would never make the same offer twice, | 一般我从不会两次给出同一个提议 |
[37:34] | but you’re lucky. | 不过你很走运 |
[37:36] | Cesar is away, | 恺撒走了 |
[37:38] | and I am here alone. | 我只有一个人 |
[37:41] | And I shall need good men. | 我会很需要能人 |
[37:45] | So I give it you, | 所以我给你 |
[37:47] | promotion to Prefect | 升到士官 |
[37:49] | and 9,000 sesterces. | 9千赛斯特斯 |
[37:56] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你,长官 |
[37:59] | In return for my generosity, | 为了回报我的慷慨 |
[38:01] | Lucius vorenus, | 卢休斯·乌瑞纳斯 |
[38:04] | I expect loyalty. | 我要你的忠诚 |
[38:06] | Loyalty unto death. | 至死的忠诚 |
[38:10] | Unto death, sir. | 至死的忠诚 |
[38:20] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回来 |
[38:30] | Dismissed. | 解散 |
[38:36] | Put him here. Domina… | 带他进来,主人 |
[38:39] | this is one of them that drew the filthy pictures. | 他是其中一个,画那些淫画的人 |
[38:42] | Didn’t take long to make him speak. | 让他开口没花多长时间 |
[38:44] | Eh? Creature! | 嗯?你这个禽兽! |
[38:47] | Who hired him? | 谁雇他的? |
[38:49] | Timon, the Horse Jew. | 蒂门,那个犹太人 |
[38:52] | Atia’s man. | 阿提娅的人 |
[38:54] | Dress me. | 给我穿衣服 |
[39:09] | It’s done. They’ll have you back? | 搞定了 他们让你回去了? |
[39:12] | They will. | 是的 |
[39:40] | Evocati Prefect first grade, 9,000 sesterces. | 一级留用士官,9千赛斯特斯 |
[39:46] | I’ve sold myself to a tyrant. | 我把自己卖给了暴君 |
[39:55] | It had to be done. | 只能这样了 |
[39:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:17] | Gods of the Junii, | 朱利埃的众神 |
[41:19] | with this offering I ask you to summon | 以此祭品我请求您召集 |
[41:22] | Tyche, Maegara and Nemesis, | 堤喀,美格拉和复仇女神 |
[41:26] | so that they witness this curse. | 让他们见证这个诅咒 |
[41:31] | By the spirits of my ancestors, | 以我先人灵魂的名义 |
[41:34] | I curse Gaius Julius Caesar. | 我诅咒盖乌斯·朱利叶斯·恺撒 |
[41:40] | Let his penis wither. | 让他的阳具枯萎 |
[41:43] | Let his bones crack. | 让他的骨头折断 |
[41:47] | Let him see his legions drown in their own blood. | 让他看到自己的军团被鲜血淹没 |
[41:51] | Gods of the inferno, | 地狱的众神 |
[41:53] | I offer to you his limbs, | 我向您供上他的四肢 |
[41:56] | his head, | 他的头颅 |
[41:58] | his mouth, | 他的嘴 |
[42:00] | his breath, | 他的呼吸 |
[42:02] | his speech, | 他的话语 |
[42:05] | his hands, | 他的双手 |
[42:06] | his liver, | 他的肝脏 |
[42:09] | his heart, his stomach. | 他的心脏还有胃 |
[42:13] | Gods of the inferno, Iet me see him suffer deeply | 地狱的众神,请让我看到他饱受痛苦 |
[42:17] | and I will rejoice | 我将欣喜地 |
[42:19] | and sacrifice to you. | 把自己奉献给您 |
[42:57] | By the spirits of my ancestors, | 以我先人灵魂的名义 |
[43:00] | I curse Atia of the Julii. | 我诅咒阿提娅 |
[43:01] | Let dogs rape her. | 让她被野狗强暴 |
[43:04] | Let her children die | 让他的儿女死去 |
[43:07] | and her houses burn. | 让她的家园被焚毁 |
[43:09] | Let her live a long life of bitter misery and shame. | 让她怀着痛苦羞耻度过漫长的一生 |
[43:16] | Gods of the inferno, | 地狱的众神 |
[43:18] | I offer to you her limbs, | 我将供上她的四肢 |
[43:21] | her head, | 她的头颅 |
[43:23] | her mouth, her breath, | 她的嘴,她的呼吸 |
[43:26] | her speech, her heart, | 她的话语,她的心脏 |
[43:29] | her liver, her stomach. | 她的肝脏,她的胃 |
[43:34] | Gods of the inferno, | 地狱的众神 |
[43:37] | Iet me see her suffer deeply, | 让我看到她备受痛苦 |
[43:39] | and I will rejoice | 我将会欣喜地 |
[43:40] | and sacrifice to you. | 把自己奉献给您 |
[44:25] | Here we are then, friend. What do you want? | 好了,我的朋友 你们想干什么? |
[44:28] | Tell us what’s between you and Niobe. Eh? | 告诉我们你和尼奥比之间发生了什么事情 |
[44:30] | Niobe? Nothing. Never. | 尼奥比?没有,从来没有 |
[44:34] | I swear by Jupiter, never! | 我向朱庇特神起誓,绝对没有! |
[44:36] | Furies tear my eyes out if I lie! | 若是我撒谎,让复仇女神把我的眼睛挖出来! |
[44:39] | What were you doing when I saw you with her? | 我见到你们在一起的时候在干什么? |
[44:42] | My wife- we were fighting. | 我和我妻子吵架了 |
[44:45] | I went to Niobe for advice, that’s all. | 我去问问尼奥比应该怎么办,仅此而已 |
[44:48] | I was crying, if you want to know the truth, | 我哭了,要是你非得知道真相的话 |
[44:51] | and Niobe commiserated with me. | 尼奥比很同情我 |
[44:52] | I would never- I would never– | 我决不…决不会… |
[44:59] | Maybe he’s telling the truth. Lying. | 可能他说的是真的 撒谎 |
[45:02] | I’m not! I’m not! Lying. | 没有!没有撒谎! 撒谎! |
[45:06] | If he says you’re lying, then I believe him. | 如果他说你是撒谎,我信他 |
[45:10] | This boy is clever like you don’t know what. | 这个小孩子比你想象的还要聪明 |
[45:13] | No, please, I beg you! Hush. | 不,不要,求你了 别吵! |
[45:15] | Don’t embarrass yourself. | 不要让自己难堪 |
[45:27] | We know you’re lying. We know it, you understand? | 我们知道你撒谎,知道的,懂吗? |
[45:29] | We have to kill you. | 我们得杀了你 |
[45:31] | I never touched her. Evander, move forward. | 我从来没有碰过她 伊万达,往前一点 |
[45:34] | Your life is over. The only question is, | 你的小命快没了 |
[45:36] | how do you want to die? | 唯一的问题是,你想怎么个死法? |
[45:40] | We need to hear the truth. | 我们要知道真相 |
[45:41] | If you persist in lying to us, we’ll torture you. | 要是你坚持不说真话,我们会折磨你 |
[45:44] | You’ll die only after many hours of agony and horror. | 你再备受几小时的痛苦煎熬和恐怖之后才会慢慢死去 |
[45:47] | But give us honesty now, and you’ll go swiftly, painlessly. | 不过要是老老实实,你会死的很快,毫无痛苦 |
[45:50] | Please. Evander, tell the truth. | 求你们了 伊万达,说真话 |
[45:58] | Torture him. Juno’s cunt, but you’re salty. | 折磨他 说的好听,真有你的 |
[46:02] | And I was worried about bringing you. | 我开始还还怕把你带来呢 |
[46:04] | Go on then. | 那就开始吧 |
[46:06] | I’ve never actually tortured anyone. | 其实我没有折磨过人 |
[46:10] | I don’t know how. You don’t know how? | 不知道该怎么折磨 不知道? |
[46:12] | They have specialists! Why not cut off his thumbs? | 他们都有专家的 割了他的拇指 |
[46:15] | That’s good enough. It’s a start. | 很好的开始 |
[46:18] | Niobe and I were lovers. I confess it. | 尼奥比和我是情人,我招了 |
[46:24] | Kill me if you must. | 杀了我吧 |
[46:28] | Hold. | 等等 |
[46:32] | What else? | 还有呢? |
[46:34] | Nothing else. Kill me. | 没有了,杀了我吧 |
[46:38] | You’re lying again. | 你又撒谎! |
[46:41] | You stand at Pluto’s door. Will you sully his threshold with lies? | 站在你面前的是波罗 |
[46:43] | I am done talking. Cut off his thumbs. | 你想用谎言挑战他忍耐的极限吗? |
[46:44] | 我说完了 再割一个拇指 | |
[47:32] | The child! | 那个孩子! |
[47:33] | The child is mine! Child? What child? | 孩子是我的 孩子?什么孩子? |
[47:39] | Lucius. | 卢休斯 |
[47:40] | The baby. | 那个婴儿 |
[47:42] | Please, kill me now. Please. | 快杀了我吧 |
[47:44] | Lucius, vorenus’ son? Niobe’s son. | 卢休斯,沃里娜的儿子? 尼奥比的儿子 |
[47:50] | My son. | 我的儿子 |
[47:58] | It’s mine. | 是我的 |
[48:56] | We have buried this evil now. | 我们已经把这个禽兽给埋了 |
[48:58] | You must never speak of it again. | 以后你再也不许提起这件事 |
[49:01] | vorenus must never know. | 千万不能让乌瑞纳斯知道 |
[49:04] | Never. | 决不可以 |
[49:06] | Never. | 决不可以 |
[49:11] | Father Mars Strider, | 战神啊 |
[49:14] | this man has done faithful vigil for you. | 这个人已经忠诚地为你守夜 |
[49:17] | We therefore ask you to take him under your protection. | 我们请求您赐他予庇护 |
[49:21] | May his enemies flee from him. | 让他的敌人望风而逃 |
[49:24] | May their city walls crumble. | 让敌人的城墙颤抖 |
[49:27] | May their cattle and women be taken. | 让他们的牧群和女人为我们捕获 |
[49:30] | This man… | 这个人… |
[49:32] | is now Evocati. | 现在是留用士官了 |
[50:00] | Sir, they’ve sailed for Greece. | 大人,他们坐船去希腊了 |