时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:49] | Dear me, | 天哪 |
[01:52] | I’ve never seen so many long faces. | 我从来没看过这么多张拉长的脸聚在一起 |
[01:54] | It is customary to be sad at a funeral. | 出席葬礼的传统就是要表现出悲哀 |
[01:57] | Well, the Republic is old and infirm. | 是啊,共和国已经腐朽老化 |
[02:00] | Death can be a merciful release in such cases. | 在这种时候,死亡反而是种解脱 |
[02:03] | You do not mean that. | 这不是你的本意 |
[02:05] | You don’t believe that. | 你不是这么想的 |
[02:08] | You of all people shouldn’t lay jokes | 你们不应该开有关独裁的玩笑 |
[02:11] | about tyranny. Oh, I am deadly serious. | 我可是认真的 |
[02:13] | It is in all our interests | 归顺于恺撒 |
[02:14] | to be reconciled with Caesar now, | 既符合我们的利益 |
[02:17] | for the good of Rome. | 也是为了罗马好 |
[02:19] | The good of Rome indeed. | 真正的为罗马好 |
[02:22] | As soon as this… farce is done, | 一旦这场闹剧结束 |
[02:25] | I shall retire to the country | 我就隐退到乡下 |
[02:27] | and wait for the city to come to its senses. | 看着这座城市慢慢的恢复过来 |
[02:29] | It is the only honorable thing to do. | 这是保留尊严的唯一办法了 |
[02:32] | My dear friend, | 得了,我的朋友 |
[02:34] | we have no honor. | 我们早就没有尊严 |
[02:36] | If we had honor, we would be | 如果我们还有尊严 |
[02:38] | with Cato and Scipio in the afterlife. | 早就和卡托,西比乌一起死了 |
[03:10] | First, Senate will hear Marcus Tullius Cicero. | 首先,元老院将听取马库斯·图里亚斯·西赛罗的发言 |
[03:22] | On this eve of his most glorious triumph, | 在这个荣耀的凯旋庆典日之前 |
[03:26] | I move that Gaius Julius Caesar | 我推举盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒 |
[03:29] | be made lmperator | 未来十年内 |
[03:31] | and granted absolute power over Rome | 作为拥有无上权力的 |
[03:34] | for a period of 10 years. | 罗马元首 |
[04:03] | As some of you know, | 正如大家所知道的 |
[04:06] | Caesar and I have had our disagreements. | 恺撒和我也有过意见不合的时候 |
[04:17] | However that may be, | 尽管如此 |
[04:19] | he has shown himself | 他还是在 |
[04:21] | to be as wise and merciful in victory | 胜利之后体现了他的明智和大度 |
[04:24] | as he was invincible in battle. | 正如他在战场上无往不胜一般 |
[04:29] | Let this be an end | 让这场内部的矛盾 |
[04:31] | to division and civil strife. | 早日结束吧 |
[04:35] | I willingly pledge my loyalty to him, | 我将向恺撒献出我的忠诚 |
[04:39] | and I urge you all to do the same. | 也希望所有人都如此 |
[04:43] | I heartily commend | 我由衷的赞成 |
[04:45] | the motion proposed | 马库斯·图里亚斯·西赛罗 |
[04:47] | by Marcus Tullius Cicero. | 提出的建议 |
[05:04] | The motion is carried unanimously. | 提议得到全票通过 |
[05:18] | Many of you here today | 在座的很多人 |
[05:20] | fought against me. | 都曾经和我对立 |
[05:24] | Many of you wished me dead. | 很多人希望看到我死 |
[05:26] | Many of you perhaps still do. | 也许很多现在仍然如此 |
[05:29] | But I hold no grudges | 但我并不介意 |
[05:32] | and seek no revenge. | 也不打算报复 |
[05:36] | I demand only this– | 我只要求你们 |
[05:40] | that you join with me | 和我站在一起 |
[05:43] | in building a new Rome, | 建立一个新的罗马 |
[05:47] | a Rome that offers | 一个新的罗马 |
[05:49] | justice, peace and land | 能让他所有的公民们都 |
[05:51] | to all its citizens, | 生活在公平,和平和富饶的土地上 |
[05:53] | not just the privileged few. | 而不只是那些特权阶级 |
[05:56] | Support me in this task, | 帮助我完成这项使命 |
[05:59] | and old divisions will be forgotten. | 过去的分歧都既往不咎 |
[06:03] | Oppose me… | 如果你反对我… |
[06:06] | and Rome will not forgive you a second time. | 罗马将不会给你第二次机会 |
[06:12] | Senators… | 元老们… |
[06:19] | the war is over. | 战争已经结束 |
[07:03] | Domina. | 女主人 |
[07:06] | Mmm? | |
[07:08] | Atia of the Julii is here. | 朱莉娅·阿提娅来了 |
[07:14] | Atia? | 阿提娅? |
[07:16] | Here, now. | 是的,已经到了 |
[07:18] | She wishes to see you. | 她想见见你 |
[07:21] | Atia… | 阿提娅… |
[07:24] | in my house? | 在我的房子里? |
[07:36] | My dear Atia. | 亲爱的阿提娅 |
[07:40] | How lovely to see you. | 见到你实在太好了 |
[07:44] | Bona dea. | 亲爱的 |
[07:48] | My poor friend. | 我可怜的朋友 |
[07:58] | What have they done to you? | 他们都对你做了些什么? |
[08:00] | You’re so sweet. | 你太客气了 |
[08:02] | Come sit down. | 坐下吧 |
[08:06] | I’m very sorry I haven’t visited sooner, | 抱歉我没有早点来看你 |
[08:07] | but to be honest, I was far too upset to face seeing you. | 说实话,我是因为心情太差而没早来见你的 |
[08:11] | The very idea, it’s- it’s too sinister. | 一个贵妇被扒光了衣服在大街上被羞辱 |
[08:14] | A noblewoman stripped naked and beaten on the streets– | 这个画面一直在我脑海中挥之不去,实在是太邪恶了 |
[08:17] | horrible. Horrible. | 太可怕了,太可怕了 |
[08:20] | Tell me truly, how are you now? | 告诉我,你现在怎么样了? |
[08:21] | I’m recovering very well. | 我恢复的很好 |
[08:24] | Have they found the culprits yet? | 他们找到动手的人了吗? |
[08:27] | They have not, but justice will find them eventually. | 还没有,不过因果报应总有时 |
[08:30] | I’m quite sure of that. | 我相信这点 |
[08:34] | Would you have some lemon water? | 要来点柠檬水么? |
[08:38] | That would be lovely. | 好的 |
[08:43] | Brutus is well, I hope. He is. | 布鲁图斯还好吧? 他很好 |
[08:46] | It’s so wise of him to choose submission to my dear uncle. | 他向我的叔叔屈服实在是太明智了 |
[08:50] | I was very afraid he might try | 我很怕他会为了所谓的勇猛 |
[08:52] | some foolish act of bravery. | 干出一些鲁莽的事情来 |
[08:56] | Men are so silly about their honor. No? | 男人总是会为了尊严干点蠢事 |
[09:03] | I’ve come to ask you | 我来是想问你 |
[09:05] | if you will sit with me at the triumph. | 你愿意在凯旋庆典时和我坐在一起吗? |
[09:07] | Even though I’m being besieged by sycophants | 很多吹嘘拍马之徒都在我身边 |
[09:10] | asking for space, I thought, “No, | 乞求我给他们一个位子,但我不这么想 |
[09:12] | if someone were to have first choice, | 我第一想到的人 |
[09:14] | it should be my dear friend Servilia | 就是我的好朋友赛维莉娅 |
[09:16] | who’s been through so much pain.” | 她经历了这么多的痛苦 |
[09:20] | That is very thoughtful of you… | 你想的真是周到… |
[09:24] | but I think I shall not be well enough. | 但我认为我不够资格 |
[09:27] | Well, that’s a pity. | 真遗憾… |
[09:29] | Are you sure? I am. | 你真的这么想吗? 是的 |
[09:31] | Well, if you change your mind- I will let you know. | 好吧,如果你回心转意的话… 我会告诉你的 |
[09:37] | People tell me that Octavia’s left the city, | 有人告诉我奥克塔维娅离开了城里 |
[09:39] | but no one knows where. | 但没人知道她去了哪 |
[09:42] | I hope there’s nothing amiss. | 希望别出什么事了 |
[09:45] | Not at all. | 别担心 |
[09:47] | She’s staying at my cousin’s villa in Paestum, | 她呆在我表兄在帕斯图的一幢别墅里 |
[09:49] | mooning over some young fool of a poet she’s met there. | 和一个她遇到的愚蠢的年轻诗人在一起呆着 |
[09:53] | She’ll be back in time for the triumph. | 凯旋庆典之时她就会回来 |
[10:17] | Brother. | 弟弟 |
[10:19] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么? |
[10:21] | I’ve come to take you home. | 我是来带你回家的 |
[10:23] | This is my home. This? This is not your home. | 这里就是我的家 这里? |
[10:25] | I’m happy here. | 这不是你的家 |
[10:26] | 我在这很愉快 | |
[10:30] | I don’t believe you. | 我可不相信 |
[10:33] | In any case, your place is with your family. | 无论如何,和家人在一起的地方才是你的家 |
[10:35] | Bad enough to run away, | 离开家庭是愚蠢的 |
[10:37] | but to these people? This isn’t the healthy way of life. | 和这些人一起生活? |
[10:39] | 这样的生活方式是不健康的 | |
[10:41] | You call our family healthy? | 你认为我们家很健康吗? |
[10:43] | Our corruption stinks in the nostrils of Mother Earth. | 从大地上都能嗅出我们家的腐败 |
[10:47] | This is your foreign priests talking. | 这都是那些愚蠢祭司的说法 |
[10:51] | They are frauds. They only want your money. | 他们都是骗子,只是想要你的钱 |
[10:54] | Priests are nobody. They are just servants here. | 祭司在这里不是别的,都是仆人而已 |
[10:57] | This is the Great Mother’s house. | 这是圣母的领地 |
[10:59] | The Great Mother wants nothing from me. | 圣母对我没有他求 |
[11:02] | I’m a worm in her sight. You are not a worm. | 我在她眼中只是渺小的虫子罢了 你可不是什么虫子 |
[11:05] | You are a daughter of the Julii. | 你是朱利亚家的女儿 |
[11:08] | It looks very ill, you running away like this. | 你变成这样实在让人看的心疼 |
[11:11] | Reflects badly on the whole family | 如果让大众知道的话 |
[11:13] | if it were known publicly. | 会给我们家造成极大的不良影响 |
[11:17] | For a moment I thought you wanted me back | 我还以为你是期盼我回去 |
[11:19] | because you missed me. Don’t be silly. | 是因为你很想我 别傻了 |
[11:22] | We’ve missed you terribly. | 我们都很想你 |
[11:24] | Your mother has missed you. | 母亲也很想你 |
[11:26] | I believe even the servants and animals | 我相信仆人和那些小动物们也期盼着你回去 |
[11:29] | have missed you. And you? | 还有你? |
[11:33] | And I. | 当然还有我 |
[11:41] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想你 |
[11:46] | I can’t go back. | 我不能回去 |
[11:48] | What’s done is done. | 已发生的事情是无法挽回的了 |
[11:50] | I forgive you. Your mother forgives you. | 我原谅你了,还有母亲也原谅你 |
[11:55] | You forgive me? | 你原谅我? |
[11:57] | Mother forgives me? | 母亲原谅我? |
[11:59] | What if I don’t forgive? | 如果我并不原谅你们呢? |
[12:02] | Whatever you think she may have done, | 不论你认为她做了什么 |
[12:03] | consider the possibility she did it out of love for you. | 想一下这都是她出于对你的爱 |
[12:09] | I’ll never forgive her. | 我永远不会原谅她 |
[12:10] | Be that as it may, your forgiveness is irrelevant. | 就算是那样,你的宽恕也无关紧要 |
[12:14] | You must come home. | 你必须回家 |
[12:17] | I’m sorry, | 对不起 |
[12:19] | I will not. | 我不回去 |
[12:21] | I don’t want to use force. | 我不想使用武力 |
[12:24] | The priests will protect me. | 祭司们会保护我的 |
[12:28] | They won’t. | 他们不会的 |
[12:30] | I’ve bought them. | 我已经收买了他们 |
[12:32] | Quite cheaply. | 很便宜的价格 |
[12:35] | I beg you, | 求你了 |
[12:37] | Iet me stay here. | 让我留在这里吧 |
[12:43] | What have you done? | 你都干了些什么? |
[12:53] | Fellow citizens of the Aventine! | 艾文泰的居民们 |
[12:58] | Fellow citizens! | 居民们 |
[13:03] | Fellow citizens of the Aventine! | 艾文泰的居民们 |
[13:08] | My name is Lucius vorenus, | 我的名字是卢西尔斯·乌瑞纳斯 |
[13:11] | tribe of Stellatina, veteran of the 1 3th Legion. | 斯特拉提纳族人,第13军团的退伍军人 |
[13:15] | Some of you may know me. | 你们中的某些人也许认识我 |
[13:18] | I bring you good news. | 我给你们带来了好消息 |
[13:21] | Caesar has put an end to patrician tyranny, | 恺撒已经结束了贵族们的苛政 |
[13:24] | and will ensure that the common people | 他确定民众们的声音 |
[13:27] | be heard once more. Go back to Gaul, ginger knob. | 将会再次得到尊重 滚回高卢去吧 |
[13:29] | 生姜头 | |
[13:32] | I’ll not deny it, friend, I have a Gallic look about me, | 我不会否认,我的朋友我的外表看起来的确是高卢人 |
[13:35] | but I’m as solid Roman as you are. | 但我确实是个罗马人 |
[13:37] | I’ve shed blood for Rome. | 我为罗马抛头颅撒热血 |
[13:40] | My father shed blood for Rome, | 我的父亲也为罗马浴血奋战 |
[13:42] | as did his father and his father before him. | 我的祖父和曾祖父同样如此 |
[13:45] | My wife- my wife was born here in the Aventine! | 我的妻子,是在这里出生的,在艾文泰 |
[13:48] | I am as solid a Roman as any man here! | 我和这里的所有其它人一样,是一个罗马人 |
[13:55] | If I am elected as your local magistrate, | 如果我被选为你们的地区长官 |
[13:59] | I promise on Jupiter’s stone | 我以朱庇特石的名义起誓 |
[14:01] | to strive to make this an era of peace, | 努力创造出一个和平 |
[14:03] | prosperity and justice | 繁荣,公正的时期 |
[14:05] | for all Aventine. | 为所有的艾文泰居民 |
[14:08] | Tomorrow | 明天 |
[14:09] | Caesar holds a triumph, | 恺撒将会举办一个凯旋庆典 |
[14:12] | a symbol of his love for the people of Rome. | 作为他对于罗马人民爱的见证 |
[14:15] | Cac! Why don’t you shut up, you– | 笑话! |
[14:16] | 你为什么不闭上你的嘴,你… | |
[14:17] | Ladylike, madam, ladylike. | 保持风度,夫人,保持风度 |
[14:19] | Five days of feasting and games | 五天的盛会和娱乐 |
[14:22] | as appreciation for the trust and support | 是对罗马人民给予 |
[14:25] | the people of Rome have given Caesar. | 恺撒的理解和支持的回报 |
[14:27] | Freedom, more like! We’ve given him our freedom | 自由,准确的说,我们把自由都给了他 |
[14:30] | and our honor! | 还有尊严 |
[14:33] | I would not be standing here on Caesar’s slate | 如果我不相信和了解恺撒 |
[14:35] | if I did not believe, if I did not know | 才是这个国家的救星 |
[14:38] | that he has only the Republic’s best interests at heart. | 我也就不会站在这里为他说话了 |
[14:46] | “A new era.” | “一个新的时代” |
[14:48] | “Tomorrow’s triumph, a new era.” | “明天的凯旋庆典,是一个新的时代的开始” |
[14:50] | With tomorrow’s triumph, a new era begins. | 明天的凯旋庆典,是一个新的时代的开始 |
[14:54] | For all Aventine. For all Rome. | 对于所有艾文泰的人以及所有的罗马人 |
[15:06] | It was good. You did well. Thank you. | 很好,你做的很不错 谢谢 |
[15:26] | King of all the Gauls. | 高卢人的王 |
[15:30] | Makes you think, doesn’t it? | 让你有些想法,不是吗? |
[15:34] | It does. | 确实如此 |
[15:45] | Goodbye, old friend. | 再见了,老朋友 |
[15:49] | Do your best to tidy him up. He looks dead already. | 尽量把他收拾的干净些,他看上去已经是个死人了 |
[16:46] | Found you at last, you bastards. | 总算找到你们了,混蛋 |
[16:49] | I’ve been through the whole damned army. The famous Titus Pullo. | 我找遍了整个军队 赫赫有名的泰特斯·波罗 |
[16:52] | To what do we owe this honor, citizen? | 是什么让我们有这种荣幸呢,公民? |
[16:53] | Do you come to wish us luck? | 是来祝福我们好运的吗? |
[16:55] | Listen, I’ve got most of my kit, but I’ve lost my crest. | 听着,我大部分的装备都还在,就是头盔找不到了 |
[16:58] | Surely someone’s got a spare, you think? | 肯定有人有多余的吧,你们说那? |
[17:03] | It’s only a crest. It’s not like I lost my sword. | 只是个头盔罢了,又不是失去了剑 |
[17:06] | Well, you can’t march with us. | 你不能跟参与我们的阅兵式 |
[17:08] | You’ve left the Legion. You signed yourself out. | 你已经离开了军团,你自己要离开的 |
[17:10] | I know, but… 13th forever, eh? | 我知道,但是永远是13军的人,不是吗? |
[17:12] | It’s enlisted men only in the triumph. You’re a civilian. | 只有军人可以参加凯旋庆典,你只是个公民 |
[17:15] | Civilian? | 公民? |
[17:18] | I’m the hero of the whole mumping Legion, I am. | 我是军团的英雄 |
[17:20] | I saved your skin more than once. Shouldn’t have to remind you of that. | 我不止一次的救了你 |
[17:22] | 我想这不用我来提醒你 | |
[17:23] | If you want to sign up for a few more years, | 如果你想要再当几年兵的话,那就另当别论 |
[17:26] | that’s a different story. You can march with us till your feet are nubs. | 你可以加入阅兵式,直到你走到脚肿 |
[17:28] | Haven’t I spilled enough blood for the 13th? | 我为13军流的血难道还不够吗? |
[17:30] | Don’t be like that. | 别那样 |
[17:32] | I don’t fucking make the rules, do l? I follow them. | 不是我他妈定的规矩,对吗 |
[17:34] | It’s enlisted men only. Don’t push it. | 我只是执行罢了 |
[17:36] | 只有军人可以参加,别推到我头上来 | |
[17:39] | If you come by after, I’ll stand you some drinks, eh? | 如果宴会结束之后你想过来,我可以请你点喝的,嗯? |
[17:42] | Stand me some drinks? | 请我喝点? |
[17:45] | I’ve got better things to do than go drinking | 我可不想和你这样的人一起喝什么酒 |
[17:47] | with the likes of you. Well, walk on then, citizen. | 好啊,走吧,公民 |
[17:51] | Walk on! | 走! |
[17:54] | Right, ladies, on your feet! | 好了,伙计们,精神点 |
[17:56] | Time to look like soldiers! | 是时候拿出点军人的样子来了! |
[18:10] | Is this too much? | 这会不会太繁琐了一些? |
[18:13] | Just enough, I’d say. I don’t know. | 在我看来,正好 我不这么看… |
[18:16] | I think it’s too purple. I want to suggest purple | 我认为这紫色太刺眼了,我想让人感到紫色(王权) |
[18:19] | without actually wearing it. | 但不想穿着紫色 |
[18:21] | It will look less loud in direct light. | 在光线照射下,不会看上去太刺眼 |
[18:23] | What do you think? Jupiter in life. | 你怎么看? 朱庇特再世 |
[18:26] | Resemblance is uncanny. | 毫无二致 |
[18:31] | What do you find amusing? | 有什么东西让你感到好笑吗? |
[18:36] | It’s absurd, isn’t it? | 很荒缪,不是吗? |
[18:39] | Dressing up, playing at being God? | 盛装打扮,扮演成神的样子 |
[18:42] | Playing? | 扮演? |
[18:44] | I’m not playing. | 我可不是在扮演 |
[18:46] | This is not a game. | 这可不是什么游戏 |
[18:50] | As you wish. | 如你所想 |
[18:52] | It is not a game. | 这不是游戏 |
[18:56] | Something more red. | 来点红色的 |
[19:00] | Is the canal around the circus filled? It is. | 斗技场周围的水沟都灌满了吗? 是的 |
[19:03] | It was not last night. | 昨天晚上还没好呢 |
[19:04] | I saw to it at first light. very good. | 今天早上就已经好了 很好 |
[19:07] | Make sure the elephants are given their emetics in good time. | 要保证大象们在合适的时候吃药 |
[19:09] | I don’t want my chariot slowed by giant turds. | 我可不想因为这些巨大的蠢东西让我的战车放慢脚步 |
[19:20] | You are looking much better. | 你看起来好多了 |
[19:23] | I am not better, however. | 我自己倒没那个感觉 |
[19:27] | Well, I must get you out to the country, perhaps. | 也许我必须送你到乡下去 |
[19:29] | Some fresh air and sunshine would do you good. | 一点… |
[19:31] | 新鲜的空气和阳光对你有好处 | |
[19:35] | This lying abed is not healthy. | 总在床上躺着可不是办法 |
[19:39] | I rise when I have reason to do so. | 有事情做的时候我才起床 |
[19:45] | Don’t loiter here pretending to be solicitous. | 别在这虚情假意了 |
[19:49] | Go to your friend’s obscene display. | 到你朋友那种污秽的聚会上去吧 |
[19:52] | Mother… | 母亲… |
[19:58] | Go. | 走! |
[20:07] | Go. | 走! |
[20:53] | Do you want some color on your cheeks? | 脸颊上需要再上点颜色吗? |
[21:10] | Please, darling, | 求你了,亲爱的 |
[21:12] | say something. | 说话吧 |
[21:16] | This horrid silent business, | 这种可怕的沉默 |
[21:18] | it’s most upsetting. | 真是让人不安 |
[21:22] | What did they do to you? They did nothing. | 他们对你做了点什么? 他们什么都没做 |
[21:27] | She speaks. There’s a start. | 她终于说话了,这是个好的开始 |
[21:31] | They were very kind to me. | 他们对我很好 |
[21:33] | Kind enough to let you hack away at yourself | 好到让你像对待猪肋肉一样 |
[21:35] | Iike a side of pork. | 伤害自己 |
[21:41] | My poor little grump. | 我可怜的小脾气鬼 |
[21:46] | Oh, I didn’t realize until now how much I missed | 我直到现在才发现我是多么的想念 |
[21:48] | your gloomy presence around the place. | 你着这里忧郁的存在 |
[22:19] | Domina… | 女主人… |
[22:21] | there’s a beggar at the door who says he is Quintus, | 有个乞丐在门口,自称是昆特斯 |
[22:24] | natural son of Pompey. | 庞贝的儿子 |
[22:25] | He asks for your son’s protection. | 来寻求您儿子的保护 |
[22:28] | Send him away. | 把他赶走 |
[22:32] | Take your hands off me! Get out! | 放开! 滚出去! |
[22:34] | Brutus! | 布鲁图斯 |
[22:36] | Scared to talk to me, eh, coward? | 不敢跟我见面吗?懦夫? |
[22:39] | You’re a coward, Brutus! | 你是个懦夫,布鲁图斯 |
[22:41] | I swear by Janus, | 我以门神的名义起誓 |
[22:43] | Jupiter and Juno, | 朱庇特还有朱诺(朱庇特之妻) |
[22:46] | I swear on the grave of my father, | 我在我父亲的墓碑前发誓 |
[22:49] | I, Quintus valerius Pompey, | 我,昆特斯·维拉里斯·庞贝 |
[22:54] | I’m going to kill that son of a whore tyrant! | 我要杀了那个暴君 |
[22:57] | I’ll get Ajax to deal with him | 我让阿贾克斯去打发他走 |
[23:00] | He’s a bastard traitor to Rome… Wait. | 他是罗马的叛国贼 等等 |
[23:03] | and you’re a traitor too, Brutus! | 你也是叛徒,布鲁图斯 |
[23:21] | Pompey’s natural son, eh? | 庞贝的儿子,对吗? |
[23:23] | I am. | 我就是 |
[23:25] | I gather at least you’re still no friend to Caesar. | 我想你肯定不是恺撒的朋友 |
[23:29] | I’ll burn him alive. | 我要把他活活烧死 |
[23:32] | I will pluck out his eyes, l- Shh shh. | 我要把他的眼睛挖出来 |
[23:35] | Be calm. | 冷静些 |
[23:38] | You’re among friends. | 这里的人都是你的朋友 |
[23:45] | Allwill bewell. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[24:16] | Have him washed and fed. | 带他沐浴,给他弄点吃的 |
[26:40] | Caesar! Caesar! | 恺撒!恺撒! |
[27:20] | Glorious Caesar! | 伟大的恺撒! |
[27:44] | The gods favor you, Caesar! | 神眷顾你,恺撒! |
[29:35] | Caesar! Caesar! | 恺撒!恺撒! |
[30:16] | “Tables for 5000 men | 能够容纳5000个人的桌子 |
[30:18] | will be set up in the cattle forum. | 会放在广场上 |
[30:22] | Slaves and freedmen are not eligible. | 奴隶和自由身的人没有资格加入 |
[30:27] | Those citizens that cannot find a proper seating place must leave | 那些没有位子坐的平民必须在 |
[30:32] | when ordered by the civic officers. | 市政长官要求的时候离开 |
[30:34] | Gaius Julius Caesar has decreed | 盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒已宣布 |
[30:38] | in tribute to their virtue, | 为了感谢大家的崇高美德 |
[30:42] | each and every citizen of Rome | 每一个罗马的臣民 |
[30:45] | will be issued from the public treasury | 都将从国库得到 |
[30:48] | the sum of 100 denarii.” | 100便士 |
[30:54] | “Further, | 除此之外 |
[30:55] | 20,000 deserving families | 20,000户应受奖励的家庭 |
[30:59] | will be given farms | 将得到在卡普阿 |
[31:01] | on the public lands around Capua.” | 附近的农田 |
[31:06] | “Further, for the coming year, | 除此之外,来年 |
[31:08] | all rents- all rents | 所有的租金 |
[31:11] | on low dwellings in the city | 城里底层人们的所有的租金 |
[31:13] | will be paid in full | 都将由 |
[31:16] | by Gaius Julius Caesar.” | 盖乌斯·优利乌斯·恺撒支付 |
[31:20] | very noble | 高贵极了 |
[31:22] | and very nicely expressed, if I may say so. | 我想这实在是太完美的表述了 |
[31:25] | Might I have a quiet word? | 我们能私下聊聊吗? |
[31:27] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:30] | A quiet word. | 私下聊 |
[31:33] | Oh, you may speak in front of Quintus. | 你可以当着昆特斯的面说 |
[31:35] | As you wish. It is of Quintus I speak. | 好吧,我要说的就是昆特斯 |
[31:37] | The good man has been here several days now. | 这家伙来这也有几天了吧 |
[31:40] | Perhaps he grows weary of entertaining us with his happy presence. | 也是时候可以走人了吧 |
[31:45] | Do not mind him, Quintus. He has no manners. | 别介意,昆特斯,他就是这么缺乏礼貌 |
[31:49] | He shall stay as long as it pleases me. | 只要他还能让我高兴,他就可以住在这里 |
[31:52] | Well, that’s the thing, Mother. | 问题就在这里,母亲 |
[31:55] | I do not see in what way he could | 我没有发现他有任何 |
[31:57] | possibly please you. | 可以让您高兴的地方 |
[32:00] | What is his purpose? | 他的目的是什么? |
[32:02] | Does he help you to write poetry? | 他能说明您写诗吗? |
[32:05] | He has a good ear. lndeed? Hmm. | 他是一个好的聆听者 是吗? |
[32:08] | You surprise me. He has fire in him. | 真让我意外 他有着火热的内心 |
[32:12] | It warms me. | 让我感到温暖 |
[32:14] | Light more lamps if you are cold! | 如果觉得冷就多点灯 |
[32:17] | It looks very ill to keep a son of Pompey in our house. | 让庞贝的儿子呆在我们家里很不舒服 |
[32:20] | And we should strike such fine figures otherwise! | 我们应该以此为傲! |
[32:35] | So you see, the fourth clause | 你瞧 |
[32:36] | of the previous statute only applies in cases of fire and flood, | 这上级法令的第四个条款 |
[32:38] | 只在火灾和洪水时候 | |
[32:40] | unless otherwise stipulated in the appendix. | 或者是符合附录中的规定的时候才适用 |
[32:43] | Do you see? Not clearly. | 明白了吗? 不是很清楚 |
[32:45] | I’m not sure I can explain it in simpler terms. | 我没有办法解释的更简单了 |
[32:49] | Surely this can wait until after the election. | 这些可以等选举结束后再讨论 |
[32:51] | There’s no point learning all this if I lose. | 如果我输了,学这些有什么用? |
[32:54] | You will not lose. | 你不会输的 |
[32:55] | You’re very sure of that. There are other candidates. | 为什么你这么肯定?还有其它候选人 |
[33:01] | I believe I warned you about mocking me. | 我想我警告过你嘲笑我是什么后果 |
[33:03] | Forgive me, sir. I had thought you understood the system. | 请原谅,先生,但我以为你已经了解了这个制度 |
[33:06] | The other candidates are straw men. | 其它候选人都只是凑数的 |
[33:10] | Straw men? | 凑数的? |
[33:11] | It saves a great deal of useless strife | 但是如果没有反对者 |
[33:14] | if there’s no opposition, but it would look ill | 当然能够避免无意义的竞争,但只有恺撒的人 |
[33:17] | if Caesar’s man was the only one standing. | 站出来又会显得太突兀 |
[33:22] | These facts disturb you somehow? | 这些事实让你困扰吗? |
[33:24] | The elections are sanctioned by Jupiter Capitolinus. | 选举是由神圣的朱庇特神监督的 |
[33:27] | They are sacred. | 选举可是庄严的事情啊 |
[33:29] | Caesar also is sanctioned by Jupiter, is he not? | 恺撒也是由朱庇特神指派的,不是吗? |
[33:32] | By augury, by triumph, | 有预兆,有胜利的凯旋 |
[33:35] | by acclaim of the people. | 也有人民的拥护 |
[33:38] | Anything he does is sacred. | 他所作的一切,都是由神庇护的 |
[33:41] | In a way, he is a demigod. | 某种程度上,他就是神本身 |
[33:43] | For one day only. | 仅仅在那一天而已 |
[33:46] | For the rest, he is a mortal man like you and me. | 其它日子里,他和你我一样,都是凡人 |
[33:49] | Mortal or not, he is trying to save the Republic. | 不管他是不是凡人,他在试图拯救共和国 |
[33:51] | By corrupting the elections? | 通过贿赂选举? |
[33:53] | The Roman people are not crying out for clean elections. | 罗马人民可没有期盼干净的选举 |
[33:56] | They are crying out for jobs. | 他们期盼的是工作 |
[33:58] | They are crying out for clean water, for food, | 他们期盼的是甘甜的水和食物 |
[34:01] | for stability and peace. | 和平稳定的生活 |
[34:03] | You can do great things for your people. | 你可以为人们做到这些 |
[34:06] | You can help | 你可以帮助恺撒 |
[34:08] | save the Republic. | 拯救共和国 |
[34:14] | Or you can go back to your shop and resume selling mutton and pig, | 或者你可以回到你的小店铺去继续卖你的羊肉跟猪肉 |
[34:17] | have dirty hands but a clean conscience. | 满手污泥却保持一颗高尚的心 |
[34:30] | So what do you say? | 你怎么想? |
[34:34] | Say to what? | 什么? |
[34:35] | You haven’t heard a word I’ve been saying. | 你根本没在听我说什么 |
[34:38] | Is everything all right? | 没事吧? |
[34:39] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[34:44] | So what was it you needed? | 那…你需要什么? |
[34:48] | I want to free Eirene, take her off to the country, | 我想让艾瑞纳脱离奴籍,带她去乡下过日子 |
[34:51] | if you’ll lend me some money. Of course. | 如果你能借我点钱 当然可以 |
[34:53] | And I’ll need you to come with me to the slave registry, | 我还想让你陪我一起去奴役登记处 |
[34:55] | to vouch your name for my ownership. Slow down. Why are you freeing Eirene? | 用你的名字做我的担保人 |
[34:57] | 等一下,你为什么要让艾瑞纳脱离奴籍? | |
[34:59] | Can’t marry her otherwise. Marry her? | 如果她是奴隶我就不能娶她 |
[35:00] | 娶她? | |
[35:04] | Look, I’ve– | 听着…我… |
[35:06] | I’ve been feeling strange and low | 我最近…很消沉… |
[35:09] | and empty these last months, and… | 这几个月来一直是这个样子 |
[35:14] | anyway, I’ve puzzled it out, and I realized what it was. | 不管怎么样,我现在是想通了,我明白我为什么会这样了 |
[35:19] | I love Eirene. | 我爱艾瑞纳 |
[35:21] | I love her, and I want her to bear my children | 我爱她,我想和她一起拥有我们的孩子 |
[35:24] | and be my wife, and… | 让她做我的妻子… |
[35:31] | Congratulations, I suppose. | 我想我只能说恭喜了… |
[35:36] | So you’ll be going to the country, you say? | 那么…你说你要去乡下? |
[35:41] | Leaving Rome? | 要离开罗马? |
[35:43] | Rome’s no place for me. | 罗马不是我应该呆的地方 |
[35:44] | I need clean air, room to move. | 我需要新鲜的空气,自由的空间 |
[35:47] | And what will you do when you get there? | 那么你到了乡下打算靠什么谋生? |
[35:50] | There’s always work for a good man with a sword. | 一个强壮的男人到哪都能有口饭吃 |
[35:53] | Well, as long as you’re sure. | 好吧,既然你已经打定主意了… |
[35:58] | Oh, I’ve thought it through. | 我都考虑清楚了 |
[36:01] | I’ve never been so sure of anything in my life. | 我这辈子从来没有这么肯定过 |
[36:05] | I’m happy for you. | 我为你高兴 |
[36:08] | I hope you find your path. | 希望你找到自己生活的路 |
[36:15] | Still here? I thought you were | 怎么还呆在这里? |
[36:17] | retiring to the country as a point of honor. | 我还以为你已经为了你的尊严隐居乡下了呢 |
[36:20] | You do right to mock me. | 你尽可以嘲笑我 |
[36:22] | You make me feel small. | 你让我感到渺小 |
[36:24] | A joke, old man, a joke. I’m always happy for your company. | 开个玩笑,老人家,只是个玩笑 |
[36:26] | 有你在我总是感到快乐 | |
[36:28] | So, why didn’t you tell me beforehand? | 那么…你为什么不事先告诉我 |
[36:31] | I could have been of assistance perhaps. | 我至少可以给你提供一点帮助 |
[36:33] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[36:35] | Everyone is reading it! | 所有人都在看这个 |
[36:38] | I saw some temple prostitutes with a copy. | 我从神殿里的女奴那拿到的抄本 |
[36:42] | “A call to virtue.” | “觉醒吧!道德” |
[36:44] | The writing is… adequate, which is something | 文章本身是没有什么问题 |
[36:46] | we should talk about, but the sentiments are | 只是有些地方我们得讨论一下,但是观点却是十分 |
[36:49] | full of grace and bravery. | 高贵和勇敢的 |
[36:50] | “Sons of the Republic, the blood of our forefathers | 共和国的子民,先辈的血液 |
[36:53] | calls you to honor the memory and emulate the deeds | 呼唤着你们不要遗忘过去,行动起来… |
[36:57] | of Porcius Cato, the last true Roman.” | 波卡斯·卡托,最后一个真正的罗马人 |
[36:59] | Who wrote this? | 谁写的这个? |
[37:01] | You did. | 你写的 |
[37:09] | Gods beneath us! | 神灵保佑我们! |
[37:12] | Mother! | 母亲!! |
[37:15] | Mother, have you seen this? | 母亲…你读过这个了吗? |
[37:17] | This lunacy? | 这篇疯狂的东西? |
[37:20] | Of course I’ve seen it. | 我当然看过了 |
[37:21] | It’s not lunacy. | 这不是什么疯狂 |
[37:23] | It is a cogent defense of Republican principles | 这是在暴政的统治下 |
[37:26] | against the forces of tyranny. | 对共和国原则的扞卫 |
[37:30] | I am rather proud of it. | 我为此感到骄傲 |
[37:32] | You wrote this? | 是你写的? |
[37:34] | In my name? | 用我的名义? |
[37:36] | Cassius contributed | 卡西亚斯 |
[37:37] | several nice turns of phrase. | 给文章修饰了一下 |
[37:40] | You know Cassius, of course. | 你肯定认得卡西亚斯 |
[37:42] | Of course. Delighted. | 很高兴见到你,当然 |
[37:45] | Quintus. | 昆特斯 |
[37:48] | It’s lovely to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[37:49] | It’s been too long. lndeed. | 好久不见了 是啊… |
[37:51] | You will excuse me | 请原谅… |
[37:54] | if I speak with my mother privately? | 我想和我妈妈私下谈谈 |
[38:04] | I’m deeply sorry you feel I have failed you, | 我很抱歉让你失望了… |
[38:06] | but this- this is going too far. | 但是这也做的太过分了 |
[38:08] | My name is not yours to be used– | 你不能就这样用我的名义… |
[38:11] | You haven’t failed me. | 你没有让我失望 |
[38:12] | You can’t fail me, I’m your mother. | 你永远不会让我失望,因为我是你的母亲 |
[38:15] | You have failed the Republic. Dear gods! | 你只是让共和国失望了 我的老天啊! |
[38:19] | Bring me a pen and paper. It’s bad enough | 把笔和纸给我拿来 |
[38:21] | 让那个疯子腔昆特斯 | |
[38:22] | that you keep that little madman Quintus in this house, | 留在这里已经够糟糕的了 |
[38:25] | but this- this! | 但是这个! |
[38:30] | I don’t know what to tell him. Why don’t you | 我不知道我该如何向他解释 你为什么不跪下来 |
[38:33] | fall on your knees and kiss his feet and beg for mercy? | 亲吻他的脚,请求他的宽恕? |
[38:36] | It served you in the past. But not you. | 你过去曾经这样成功过 但你呢? |
[38:38] | Eh? Perhaps you did not beg hard enough. | 也许你恳求的不够中肯 |
[38:55] | You… | 你… |
[38:57] | you do understand… | 你明白吗… |
[39:02] | he might have me killed for this? | 他也许会为了这个而杀了我? |
[39:08] | Rome has fallen into the hands of a corrupt monster. | 罗马已经沦落到了一个恶魔的手里 |
[39:12] | You, direct descendant | 你 |
[39:14] | 作为共和国建立者 | |
[39:16] | of the father of the Republic, | 的直系后代 |
[39:19] | what do you do? | 应该做点什么 |
[39:28] | What would you have me do? | 你想让我怎么做? |
[39:30] | What would your father have done? | 想想你父亲会怎么做吧? |
[39:32] | What would his father have done? Would they bend their knees | 你的祖父会怎么做? |
[39:34] | to a tyrant? They would take account | 他们会向一个暴君下跪吗? |
[39:36] | of the specific circumstan– | 他们至少会 |
[39:37] | 审时度势… | |
[39:39] | They would chase him out of the city like any mad dog. | 他们会象疯狗一样赶走这个暴君! |
[39:43] | Chased him out? | 赶走他? |
[39:46] | And how am l to do that exactly? | 那么我应该如何做呢? |
[39:49] | You would not be alone. | 你不是孤单一人 |
[39:51] | Ah, these fine men in the house | 啊,对,这个屋子里的这些人 |
[39:53] | are very very good. I am reassured. | 都非常优秀,这点我相信 |
[39:55] | They are good men. And there are many others, | 他们是很棒,还有其它许多人也很棒 |
[39:58] | men of rank and wisdom. | 有头脑,有智慧的那些人 |
[40:01] | It is not a dog gone mad. | 那可不是什么疯狗 |
[40:03] | I would rather be mad than disgrace our name. | 我宁愿疯狂也不愿玷污我们的名声 |
[40:08] | No more! | 别说了 |
[40:10] | You send your fool henchmen away… | 把你的那些追随者赶走 |
[40:15] | and forget this insanity. | 忘了这件愚蠢的事情 |
[40:23] | Brutus. Ah, Cassius, it’s lovely to see you, | 布鲁图斯 卡西亚斯,再见到你真的很高兴 |
[40:26] | but, as you can see– | 但是…如你所见… |
[40:28] | Of course, forgive the intrusion. | 当然,请原谅我们擅自拜访 |
[40:30] | Perhaps I may visit another time. | 也许我们应该改天拜访 |
[40:33] | Good. Certainly. | 很好,当然 |
[40:37] | On Jupiter’s stone, you’re a full Roman citizen, | 在朱庇特石的名义下,你是一个罗马公民 |
[40:39] | and you attest to this man’s ownership of listed property? | 你愿意为这个男人列出这些他拥有的财产做担保吗? |
[40:42] | I am. I do. | 当然,我愿意 |
[40:45] | Sign here. | 在这里签字 |
[40:51] | Any kind of mark will do. | 任何记号都可以了 |
[40:53] | I can write my name as good as the next man. | 我会写我自己的名字! |
[41:04] | Done. | 好了 |
[41:08] | 42. 42 up. | 42,42号过来 |
[41:19] | Eirene. | 艾瑞纳 |
[41:22] | Come over here. I want to talk to you. | 过来,我想和你谈谈 |
[41:25] | I’ll leave you to it. | 我让你们单独聊聊 |
[41:32] | I’ve been to the registrar of slaves. You’re no longer my slave. | 我刚去了奴隶登记处,你已经不在是我的奴隶了 |
[41:35] | You’ve sold me? Oh, please don’t sell me. | 你把我卖了? |
[41:35] | 请别把我卖掉 | |
[41:37] | Don’t send me away. I beg you. | 别把我送走,我求你了 |
[41:39] | I’m setting you free. | 我让你自由了 |
[41:42] | You’re free. It says so here. | 你自由了,你可以看看这里 |
[41:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:51] | Thank you. You’re the kindest man alive. | 太谢谢你了,你是这个世界上最好的人 |
[41:55] | I love you, sir. I love you, sir. | 我爱你,先生 我爱你,先生 |
[41:57] | Here. Here. It’s a dress. | 这里有件衣服 |
[42:01] | Um, go try it on. | 拿去试试吧 |
[42:02] | Let’s see how it looks. | 让我们看看合不合适 |
[42:26] | Titus Pullo, sir. I cannot thank you enough. | 泰特斯·波罗先生我简直不知道应该如何感谢你 |
[42:29] | Thank me? What are you thanking me for, boy? | 谢我?为什么? |
[42:32] | For freeing her. We have been saving to buy our freedom, | 你让她自由了 |
[42:33] | 我们一直在存钱打算为自己赎身 | |
[42:35] | but we never- to happen so soon. | 但我们没想过一切来的是那么快 |
[42:38] | I cannot tell you what a gift it is. | 这简直是上天赐给我们的礼物 |
[42:40] | You’ve both been saving? You and Eirene? | 你们一起存钱?你和艾瑞纳? |
[42:42] | We thought to take the vorenus name as ours | 我们想过要用乌瑞纳斯 |
[42:44] | when we became freedmen, | 作为我们自由后的姓氏 |
[42:46] | but Eirene says it must be under your name | 但是艾瑞纳说必须以你的名义 |
[42:49] | she becomes my wife. | 她才做我的妻子 |
[42:54] | Wife? | 妻子? |
[42:56] | Legal wife, I mean. | 我是说,法定的妻子 |
[42:57] | We are already married in our hearts. | 我们早就在心中结为夫妻了 |
[43:00] | Eirene? My Eirene? | 艾瑞纳?我的艾瑞纳? |
[43:03] | Sir? | 先生? |
[43:05] | Sir! | 先生? |
[43:35] | Dead? Looks like. | 死了? |
[43:36] | What happened? I killed him. I did it. | 看起来是… |
[43:37] | 怎么了? | |
[43:39] | 我杀了他,是我干的 | |
[43:41] | I can see that, but why? Why did you do this? | 我知道,但是为什么,为什么要这么做? |
[43:44] | It doesn’t matter. It does matter, though. | 没所谓了 |
[43:45] | It matters to me. This boy was my property. | 怎么会无所谓 |
[43:46] | 这关系到我 | |
[43:47] | 这家伙是我的财产 | |
[43:50] | He angered me. He angered you? | 他激怒了我 他激怒了你? |
[43:52] | He- he and Eirene, they were– | 他…他和艾瑞纳,他们是… |
[43:56] | So what does that matter? Did you think she was a virgin? | 那又有关系?难道你以为她是处女吗? |
[43:58] | She’s still yours to use as you wish. | 她依然是你的,你可以拥有她 |
[44:01] | I love her. | 我爱她 |
[44:03] | This is how you prove it? | 你这就是爱的证明? |
[44:04] | This is no charnel house to kill people as you want. | 这可不是停尸房,随便让你杀人的地方 |
[44:08] | This is my home. My home! | 这是我的房子,我的家! |
[44:12] | Shh. | |
[44:14] | You do this violence before my children?! | 你在我的孩子面前干出这样的事情?! |
[44:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起… |
[44:25] | I’ll pay you back. | 我会赔偿你的 |
[44:27] | Pay me back with what, you damn fool? | 你用什么来赔偿,你这个傻瓜 |
[44:30] | You’ve got no money but what I’ve given you. | 除了我给你的钱,你一无所有 |
[44:33] | But please… | 但是请你… |
[44:36] | do not call me a fool. | 别叫我傻瓜 |
[44:38] | I’ll call you what I like. You’re a damn fool. | 我就是要这么叫你,你这个傻瓜 |
[44:40] | I don’t care about the money. | 我不在乎钱… |
[44:42] | It’s the disrespect. | 但你这么做太失礼了 |
[44:44] | Look at what you did! Look at him! | 看看你都干了些什么,看看他! |
[44:48] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[44:50] | Probably am a fool. | 也许我是个傻瓜 |
[44:54] | Never was a clever one like you. | 永远都没有办法像你那么聪明 |
[44:56] | Never demoted, you, never flogged, never locked up. | 从来没有降过职,从来没有受过处罚,从来没有被关过禁闭 |
[44:59] | Straight to the top. | 一直在往上爬 |
[45:01] | And here you are, | 看看现在的你 |
[45:03] | with your nice, clean, white toga. | 穿着干净,漂亮的官袍 |
[45:06] | Lovely cloth, that. | 不管你内在是多么的肮脏 |
[45:08] | Stays clean no matter how much you wade in the filth. | 外表始终是那么的光鲜亮丽 |
[45:13] | Speak your mind. As you will. | 想说什么就直说 |
[45:15] | Time was, you said Caesar was a rebel and a traitor. | 好吧,你曾经说过恺撒是个叛徒 |
[45:20] | And now, today, he tosses you some coin and some farmland, | 他给了你钱和土地,但是现在呢? |
[45:23] | and he’s savior of the Republic, and you’re kissing his royal ass. | 他变成了共和国的救世主 |
[45:24] | 你在他面前极尽阿谀奉承之能事 | |
[45:28] | You stand up. | 你给我站起来! |
[45:30] | Stand up! Stand up! | 站起来!站起来! |
[45:34] | I’ll not fight you. | 我不想和你打 |
[45:38] | Then go. | 那就滚! |
[45:40] | Go and do not come back here. | 离开这里,永远别回来! |
[45:52] | Go. Go! And do not come back here. | 走,走,别回到这里来! |
[45:55] | Eirene, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 艾瑞纳,我很抱歉,我很抱歉… |
[46:02] | Stay away from her. | 离她远点… |
[46:04] | Right. | 好吧 |
[46:08] | Sorry. | 对不起… |
[46:15] | I had no idea. | 我完全不知情 |
[46:17] | I must go now. | 我要走了 |
[46:19] | You- you do believe me? | 你… |
[46:20] | 你相信我? | |
[46:22] | My dear friend, of course I believe you. | 我亲爱的朋友,我当然相信你 |
[46:24] | You have never lied to me. | 你从来不会对我撒谎 |
[46:26] | Besides, why would you put your name to a thing | 除此之外,为什么你要把你的名字签上去 |
[46:28] | and then deny it? Well, exactly. | 然后又否认呢? 是的,正是如此 |
[46:30] | And anyone- anyone may forge my name to a thing | 但是任何人都可以利用我的名字 |
[46:33] | to give it weight. | 来使某些东西招人耳目 |
[46:36] | We shall just have to become used to it, no doubt. | 我想我们必须开始习惯 |
[46:38] | I wonder who it was that wrote it. | 我很想知道是谁写的 |
[46:42] | I wish I knew. | 我也是 |
[46:46] | Someone of talent. Anyhow, I’ve seldom seen | 一定是个有天赋的人 我还真是很少见到 |
[46:48] | a bad case so well put. | 能够把一件坏事表述得如此好的人呢 |
[46:50] | I shall have to write a reply. | 也许我该回击他 |
[46:52] | Well, as long as you and I know where we stand. | 其实,只要你跟我能够明白我们的立场 |
[46:56] | Where do we stand? | 我们的立场? |
[47:00] | I hope we are the best of friends. Are we? | 我希望我们还是最好的朋友? |
[47:02] | We are, we are. | 当然,我们当然是 |
[47:04] | Brutus, I have never doubted your friendship or fidelity. | 布鲁图斯,我从来没有质疑过你的友谊和忠诚 |
[47:11] | Even when we were enemies. | 即便是我们互相对立的时候 |
[49:56] | Titus Pullo. | 泰特斯·波罗 |
[49:59] | You look tired, my friend. | 你看起来疲惫极了 |
[50:01] | I’m drunk. These are hard times for war veterans. | 我喝醉了 |
[50:02] | 现在,战场上的老兵不吃香了 | |
[50:05] | You’re right there. | 你说得对 |
[50:07] | Too many soldiers back in Rome. | 太多的士兵回到罗马 |
[50:09] | Not enough work to go round. It’s a sad situation. | 却没有那么多的工作,世道真是不行了 |
[50:12] | But it’s a crime | 有你这样的好身手 |
[50:14] | to see a man of your ability unemployed. | 却流离失所,简直是罪过 |
[50:20] | I’m doing fine. | 我很好 |
[50:23] | I have plenty of irons in the fire. | 我有一身的本领 |
[50:26] | Well, if your prospects don’t work out, | 如果你的抱负没有办法实现 |
[50:28] | you can ask on any street in the Aventine | 你可以去艾文泰大街上找一下 |
[50:30] | for Erastes Fulman. | 易拉斯泰斯·福曼 |
[50:34] | I will always have a job for you. | 我这有适合你的工作 |
[50:37] | I’m a soldier, not a murderer. | 我是个士兵,不是杀手 |
[50:41] | These days, Pullo, is there really any difference? | 在这个时代,这两种人,有区别么? |
[50:47] | Have a drink on me. | 这杯算我的 |
[50:50] | When you’ve sobered up, come and see me. | 等你清醒了以后,可以来找我 |
[50:52] | We’ll talk a little business. | 我们可以谈点生意 |