时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Last night Miranda got invited to a dinner party | 一位跟米兰达不是很熟的男人 |
[00:48] | by a man she hardly knew. | 昨晚邀她参加一个晚餐派对 |
[00:51] | She was the date of Nick Waxler, | 她当时跟尼克瓦克勒约会 |
[00:53] | a successful sports agent | 他是个成功的运动经纪人 |
[00:55] | who once said she had nice legs. | 还曾说过她有双漂亮的腿 |
[01:00] | Movie stars you’d have liked to fuck when they were young. | 在他们还年轻时 你想跟他们上床的电影明星 |
[01:04] | Alive or dead? | 在不在世都可以吗? |
[01:06] | It doesn’t matter. I’ll start. | 可以,从我先开始 |
[01:08] | Veronica Lake | 维洛妮卡拉克 |
[01:10] | when she made Sullivan’s Travels. | 她拍“苏利文游记”时 |
[01:12] | Dave? | 大维 |
[01:13] | I’d have to say Sophia Loren. | 苏菲亚萝兰 |
[01:16] | My dad had this thing for her. | 我爸一直很喜欢她 |
[01:19] | – We won’t go there. Montgomery Clift. – He was gay. | -别做梦,蒙哥马利克里夫 -他是同性恋 |
[01:24] | Marilyn Monroe, before the Kennedys got to her. | 玛丽莲梦露 |
[01:28] | Bing Crosby. | 在甘迪兄弟上了她之前 平克劳斯贝 |
[01:30] | I stand by my choice. | 我想好了 |
[01:33] | Sean Connery, yesterday, today and tomorrow. | 史恩康纳莱 不论是过去、现在还是未来 |
[01:38] | For a first date, Miranda felt like she was hitting it out of the ballpark. | 第一次约会时米兰达觉得 自己像是击出了全垒打 |
[01:43] | – Thanks. – So how long have you known Nick? | -谢谢 -你认识尼克多久了? |
[01:48] | We’ve been riding the same elevator line for years. | 我们多年来一直搭同一部电梯 |
[01:51] | We had lunch a few weeks ago, and then he invited me here to dinner. | 几星期前开始共进午餐 然后他邀请我来吃晚餐 |
[01:56] | – Well, we adore him. – He’s very smart. | -我们都很喜欢他 -他很聪明 |
[01:59] | – He took our ultimatum seriously. – Deanne. | -他听进我们最后的通牒了 -迪妮 |
[02:04] | What are you talking about? | 你是什么意思? |
[02:06] | They told Miranda that Nick had this thing for models. | 她们告诉米兰达 尼克偏好模特儿 |
[02:10] | old movie stars you’d have liked to fuck when they were young. I’ll start. | 在他们年轻时你想跟他们 上床的老电影明星,我先来 |
[02:14] | Veronica Lake, the year she made Sullivan’s Travels. | 维洛妮卡拉克 拍“苏利文游记”时 |
[02:18] | – Dave? – I’d have to go with Sophia Loren. | -大维 -苏菲亚萝兰 |
[02:21] | Probably, my dad had a thing for her. | 我爸一直很喜欢她 |
[02:23] | – Montgomery Clift. – Marilyn Monroe. | -蒙哥马利克里夫 -玛丽莲梦露 |
[02:26] | Bing Crosby. | 平克劳斯贝 |
[02:29] | – Yvette? – I don’t know, Charlie Sheen? | -伊薇 -我不知道,查理辛 |
[02:35] | They’d come to dinner, push their food around, and pout. | 她们来吃晚餐 玩弄食物,嘴巴噘得高高地 |
[02:40] | – Veronica Lake. – Sophia Loren. | -维洛妮卡拉克 -苏菲亚萝兰 |
[02:42] | – Montgomery Clift. – Marilyn Monroe. | -蒙哥马利克里夫 -玛丽莲梦露 |
[02:45] | – Bing Crosby. – Marissa? | -平克劳斯贝 -玛丽莎 |
[03:00] | She… had to make a phone call. | 她得去打电话 |
[03:04] | It got to be a problem. They decided to take action. | 他一定有问题 于是他们决定采取行动 |
[03:08] | Can’t you find a woman who can carry on a decent conversation? | 你难道找不到 谈吐合宜的女人吗? |
[03:12] | – Yeah, Nick, and eat without purging. – What are you saying? | -对,且吃完东西不必吃泻药 -你在说什么? |
[03:17] | You can’t bring around any more models. | 你不能再带模特儿来 |
[03:20] | It’s too depressing. | 你们太严厉了吧 |
[03:22] | ok, ok, I’ll see what I can do. | 好吧,我会想办法的 |
[03:26] | – And then he brought you. – So obviously not a model. | -于是他带你来 -很明显地你不是模特儿 |
[03:30] | – in a good way! – Nick dates models? | -一点都没错 -尼克都跟模特儿约会? |
[03:42] | Miranda confronted him, and it didn’t take him long to fold. | 米兰达跟他杠上了 没多久他就弃械投降 |
[03:45] | No, it’s true, it’s true, ok? | 那是真的,好吗? |
[03:48] | – I’m obsessed. – obsessed with models. | -我的确有病 -你迷恋模特儿 |
[03:50] | – Correct. – So am I your intellectual beard? | -没错 -而我是个聪明的丑八怪? |
[03:54] | Don’t be pissed. You got to admit, you met some nice people. | 别生气,你必须承认 你认识了一些好人 |
[03:59] | You had a good time. | 而且玩得很开心 |
[04:03] | You were on a date with a modelizer and you didn’t even know it? | 你跟一个模特儿狂约会 而你根本不知道这一点? |
[04:07] | If men like Nick are dating models, what chance do ordinary women have? | 如果尼克那种人能约到模特儿 一般女人还有什么机会? |
[04:11] | only supermodels can get a date in New York? | 在纽约只有超级模特儿 才有约会的机会吗? |
[04:15] | Modelizers are a particular breed. | 模特儿狂是很特别的族群 |
[04:17] | They’re a step beyond womanizers, | 他们排名仅次于女人狂之后 |
[04:20] | who will sleep with just about anything in a skirt. | 女人狂 跟所有穿裙子的东西上床 |
[04:22] | Modelizers are obsessed, not with women, but with models, | 模特儿狂是种迷恋 他们迷恋模特儿,而非女人 |
[04:26] | who in most cities are safely confined to billboards and magazines, | 在大部分的城市模特儿 只能在看板及杂志上看到 |
[04:31] | but in Manhattan run wild on the streets, | 在曼哈顿她们到处都是 |
[04:34] | turning the city into a model safari, | 把纽约变成 充满模特儿的原始大地 |
[04:36] | where men can pet the creatures in their natural habitat. | 男人能将她们 豢养在原本的栖息地 |
[04:40] | As if we didn’t have enough problems. | 我们的问题已经更多了 |
[04:44] | They’re stupid and lazy and they should be shot on sight. | 她们又蠢又懒 一看到她们就该格杀勿论 |
[04:47] | Many guys say I’m as beautiful as a model, but I work for a living. | 很多男人说我有模特儿的美貌 但我自食其力 |
[04:52] | I’m like… a model who’s taken the high road. | 我像是攀上巅峰的模特儿 |
[04:55] | The advantages given to models and beautiful women | 模特儿跟美女拥有的优势 |
[04:58] | are so unfair, it makes me wanna puke. | 是那么地不公平 这让我觉得想吐 |
[05:01] | – But you are so cute. – Cute doesn’t cut it in this town. | -但你很可爱啊 -可爱在纽约不吃香 |
[05:04] | What’s cute compared to supermodel? | 可爱哪比得上超级模特儿 |
[05:07] | There’s nothing like raising the subject of models among four single women | 四个单身女子 一谈起模特儿莫不咬牙切齿 |
[05:11] | to spice up an otherwise dull Tuesday night. | 这让沉闷的星期二夜晚 增添几分趣味 |
[05:13] | – They have this distant sexy look. – That’s not sexy. It’s starvation. | -她们长得既冷冷漠又性感 -那不是性感,是饥饿才对 |
[05:18] | That’s starvation in the best restaurants. | 那些饥饿的女人 能在最高级的餐厅用餐 |
[05:21] | I want to know when did men get together and decide | 我想知道男人何时一致决定 |
[05:25] | that they would only get it up for giraffes with big breasts? | 只在看到大波霸时 长颈鹿才会勃起? |
[05:28] | In some cultures, heavy women with moustaches are considered beautiful. | 在某些文化中长胡子的胖女人 被认为是大美人 |
[05:33] | And you’re looking at me while you’re saying that? | 你说那句话时 眼睛是在盯着我看吗? |
[05:35] | our culture promotes impossible standards of beauty. | 我们的文化 为美丽树立了不可能的标准 |
[05:39] | – Except men think they’re possible! – Yeah. | -但男人觉得那是可能的 -是啊 |
[05:42] | No matter how good I feel, if I see Christy Turlington, I want to give up. | 不管我觉得多自在 看到克里斯蒂特林顿我就输了 |
[05:47] | I just want to force-feed her lard. That’s the difference between us. | 我想强迫她吃猪油 那就是我们之间的不同 |
[05:51] | What are you talking about? Look at you two. You’re beautiful. | 你在胡说什么? 看看你们两个,你们很漂亮的 |
[05:55] | – I hate my thighs. – oh, come on! | -我讨厌我的大腿 -少来了 |
[05:59] | I can’t even open a magazine without thinking, ”Thighs, thighs, thighs.” | 我看杂志时 会不由自主地想着“大腿” |
[06:03] | Well, I’ll take your thighs and raise you a chin. | 我要你的大腿 把我的下巴给你 |
[06:06] | I’ll take your chin and raise you a… | 我要你的下巴,给你… |
[06:13] | – What? – oh, come on. | -什么? -少来了 |
[06:15] | – I happen to love the way I look. – You should. You paid enough for it. | -我喜欢自己的长相 -没错,为了它你花大把银子 |
[06:20] | I resent that! I do not believe in plastic surgery. | 我不喜欢那样子 我不相信整型手术 |
[06:23] | Well, not yet. | 是时间未到 |
[06:25] | I find it fascinating that four beautiful, flesh-and-blood women | 我觉得很有趣 四个如假包换的大美女 |
[06:30] | could be intimidated by unreal fantasies. I mean… | 被不真实的幻想所恐吓 我是说… |
[06:33] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[06:34] | Is this really intimidating to any of you? | 这真的吓到你们了吗? |
[06:37] | – I hate my thighs. – Pass the chicken. | -我讨厌我的大腿 -把鸡肉递过来 |
[06:40] | I have that dress. | 那件洋装我也有 |
[06:42] | Suddenly I was interested. | 突然间我感到有兴趣 |
[06:44] | If models could cause rational people to crumble in their presence, | 如果模特儿能让理性的人 对自己毫无信心 |
[06:48] | how powerful was beauty? | 美丽的力量有多大呢? |
[06:51] | Two types of guys fall for beautiful women – | 两种男人会爱上美女 |
[06:54] | slimeballs that are out to get laid, | 失业的可怜虫 |
[06:56] | or guys who fall in love instantly. It’s pathetic. | 以及会立刻陷入爱河的男人 那真是太可悲了 |
[06:59] | Why fuck the girl in the skirt, if you can fuck the girl in the ad for the skirt? | 如果你能上穿裙子广告模特儿 干嘛跟穿裙子的女孩上床 |
[07:05] | Being beautiful is such a power. You can get whatever you want. | 长得漂亮是一种力量 你要什么就有什么 |
[07:08] | You can get anything. I’ve been offered trips to Aspen, | 什么东西都能够得到 曾有人请我到阿斯彭度假 |
[07:12] | weekends in Paris, Christmas in St Barts. | 到巴黎度周末 到圣巴尔斯岛过圣诞节 |
[07:15] | A motorcycle, a juicer… | 摩托车,美酒… |
[07:18] | It’s not like models don’t have brains, they have them. | 模特儿并非没有脑袋 她们真的有 |
[07:22] | They just don’t need to use them. | 只不过她们从来不用脑袋 |
[07:25] | Most guys think you’re dumb, but I’m very literary. I read. | 大部分男人觉得模特儿很笨 但我很有文学素养,我会看书 |
[07:29] | I’ll sit down and read a magazine from cover to cover. | 我会坐下来一页页地看杂志 |
[07:32] | Some scuba gear. | 还有潜水装 |
[07:36] | A Herb Ritt’s photo. | 帮赫伯瑞兹拍照 |
[07:38] | A Bulgari necklace, a breast job. | 为宝格丽的项练作广告 靠我的胸部来赚钱 |
[07:41] | My friends think I’m shallow. Sometimes I think they’re right. | 我朋友觉得我很肤浅 有时我认为他们说得对 |
[07:45] | other times I think, ”Hey, I’m fucking a model.” | 但在其他的时候我会想 “我可是在跟模特儿胡搞” |
[07:50] | Models are a lot looser than you think. | 模特儿没你想像中 那么高不可攀 |
[07:53] | It’s easier to screw a model than a regular girl | 跟模特儿胡搞 要比跟普通女孩胡搞容易 |
[07:57] | ’cause they do it all the time. | 因为对她们来说是家常便饭 |
[07:59] | It’s how regular people are when they’re on vacation. | 一般人只会在度假时胡搞 |
[08:01] | Barkley, a notorious modelizer, was one of those SoHo wonders | 巴克利是声名狼藉的模特儿狂 也是苏活族的传奇人物之一 |
[08:06] | who had a fabulous lifestyle, | 他过着舒服的生活 |
[08:08] | despite never having sold a single painting. | 但连一幅画都没卖掉 |
[08:11] | – So, it’s easy to meet them? – No, it’s not so easy. | -很容易就能认识她们吗? -没那么容易 |
[08:15] | The trick is to treat them like regular girls. | 重点是 要把她们当成一般女孩看待 |
[08:19] | You gotta walk up to the hottest thing in a place; otherwise, you’re finished. | 一看到她们就得发动攻击 然后就没搞头了 |
[08:23] | It’s kind of like being around dogs – you gotta show no fear. | 那就跟溜狗一样 你得拿出勇气来 |
[08:27] | – Things? You call them things? – Yeah. | -你把她们当成东西看待? -对 |
[08:31] | Well, they are things – they’re beautiful things, | 她们是东西 她们是美丽的东西 |
[08:34] | and that’s what my life’s about, you know? | 那就是我的生活,你懂吗? |
[08:37] | Beauty. | 我追逐美丽 |
[08:40] | I want to show you something. | 我有样东西要给你看看 |
[08:46] | This is my real art, only I can’t really show it to the public. | 这是我真正的艺术创作 但无法将它们公诸于世 |
[08:54] | Not yet, at least. Sit down. | 至少现在还不行,坐吧 |
[09:05] | That’s Vanessa… That’s Tanya, | 她是凡妮莎,还有谭雅 |
[09:09] | Elana and Katrina. | 伊拉娜跟克芮蒂娜 |
[09:13] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[09:14] | The man had slept with half the perfume ads in September’s Vogue. | 这家伙跟九月“时尚杂志” 一半的香水广告模特儿上过床 |
[09:22] | Do they… do they know about this? | 她们知道吗? |
[09:25] | Maybe. oh, look at that one. | 或许知道吧,你看那个 |
[09:30] | She does runway now, but she’s gonna be huge someday. | 她才刚当上模特儿 但有一天她会成为超级名模 |
[09:34] | I didn’t know what to say. There wasn’t anything to say except… | 我不知道该说什么 只能说… |
[09:40] | – Do you have a light? – Yeah, sure. | -有火吗? -有啊 |
[09:50] | Later that day I was relieved to discover | 那天稍后我很高兴地发现了 |
[09:53] | that at least one eligible bachelor got his kicks off the runway. | 至少有个黄金王老五 不屑跟模特儿往来 |
[09:57] | – I totally dig your friend, Miranda. – You’re kidding, that’s great. | -我真的爱上你朋友米兰达 -你是在开玩笑吧,太棒了 |
[10:00] | She is so sexy and smart. | 她既性感又聪明 |
[10:04] | Did she tell you that we made out? | 她有告诉你 我们上床了吗? |
[10:07] | Yeah, it was totally hot. | 有啊,真是热情如火 |
[10:11] | Why don’t you call her? She would love that. | 你为什么不打电话给她? 她一定会很高兴的 |
[10:14] | I did, a hundred times. She won’t return my calls. | 我打过一百次了 但她没回我电话 |
[10:17] | I don’t know. Did she say anything about me? | 我不知道,她有提起我吗? |
[10:19] | – No. – Maybe she’s just busy. | -没有 -或许她很忙 |
[10:23] | – Am I not cute enough for her? – of course you are. You’re adorable. | -她觉得我不够可爱吗? -当然不是,你很可爱 |
[10:27] | Well, I don’t know, find out for me. I want to see if I still have a chance. | 我不知道,帮我问问看 我想知道还有没有机会 |
[10:32] | – Right now, in front of you? – Go ahead, I can handle it. | -在你面前打? -打吧,我承受得了 |
[10:38] | Hi, this is Miranda, please leave me a message. | 我是米兰达,请留言 |
[10:41] | oh, it’s her machine. | 是答录机 |
[10:43] | Hey, this is Skipper. I’m with Carrie. I told her how you won’t call me back. | 我是史奇普,我跟凯莉在一起 我跟她说你不会回我电话 |
[10:48] | So now you have to call me back. You better call me back! | 你现在得回我电话 你最好快打电话给我 |
[10:52] | No, I’m kidding. I’m joking. | 我是在开玩笑的 |
[10:55] | But seriously, I hope you call me back. | 说真的,我希望你回我电话 |
[10:58] | Did I mention this was Skipper? | 我提醒过我是史奇普吗? |
[11:02] | I believe there is a curse put on who tries to fix up their friends. | 我相信帮朋友拉红线 一定会被诅咒 |
[11:10] | Where better to find modelizers in their natural habitat than a fashion show? | 有什么地方比服装秀会场 更容易找到模特儿狂呢? |
[11:15] | Luckily, my friend Stanford Blatch had a client in the hottest show in town. | 还好我朋友史丹佛巴勒奇 有客户参加了最热门的服装秀 |
[11:19] | ”The Bone” is like the human equivalent of the sable coat. | “骨头”就像是 人类中的貂皮大衣 |
[11:23] | He’s so beautiful that I find that sometimes I have to look away. | 他真的是太美了 有时我发现自己得把眼光移开 |
[11:27] | Do you see him? | 你看到他了吗? |
[11:28] | – Right there. – Where? | -就在那边 -在哪里? |
[11:30] | oh, my God, look at him. He travels with his own personal lighting director. | 天啊,你看看他 他带着私人打光师巡回走秀 |
[11:35] | Derek, AKA ”The Bone”, | 德瑞克别名“骨头” |
[11:38] | was the biggest underwear model and Stanford’s most important client, | 他是最红的内衣模特儿 史丹佛最重要的客户 |
[11:42] | as well as the subject of his single-minded obsession. | 也是他单相思的对象 |
[11:46] | Hey, Stanny. | 你来了,史丹佛 |
[11:48] | Derek, I would like you to meet a very dear friend, Carrie Bradshaw. | 德瑞克 这位是我的好友凯莉布雷萧 |
[11:51] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[11:53] | Carrie writes the column ”Sex And The City”. | 凯莉是“欲望城市”专栏作家 |
[11:56] | – Have you read it? – No. | -你看过这个专栏吗? -没有 |
[11:58] | The other day, Derek and I were walking past his billboard | 有天德瑞克跟我 走过他的广告看板下方 |
[12:02] | and he told me he wanted a piece of it for his apartment, like maybe his nose. | 他告诉我他想把一片看板 譬如说鼻子的部分拿回家去 |
[12:07] | I said, ”Get the bulge in your pants, so when women ask how big you are, | 我说“拿内裤凸出那一块 当女人问你有多大时” |
[12:12] | ”you can say, ‘Fourteen feet!”’ | “你可以告诉她 我有十四英寸大” |
[12:14] | It would be funny, wouldn’t it? | 那真的很好笑,对吧? |
[12:16] | Everybody’s talking about you. You are so great. | 大家都在谈论你 你真的是太棒了 |
[12:20] | You’re gonna be a star, have I told you that enough? You’re a star! | 你会是个大明星的 我告诉过你多少次了 |
[12:24] | Well, we better let you get dressed. | 我们最好让你去换衣服 |
[12:27] | – I am dressed. – oh. | 我已经换好了 |
[12:30] | – We’ll see you after the show. – Right. | -结束后见 -没问题 |
[12:33] | Bye. | 再见 |
[12:34] | Can you believe anyone that beautiful can be that nice? | 你能相信那么帅的男人 会那么有礼貌吗? |
[12:38] | I keep dreaming that someday he’s gonna say, ”Stanford, I love you.” | 我一直梦想有一天他会说 “史丹佛,我爱你” |
[12:42] | – Is he gay? – He denies it. | -他是同性恋吗? -他否认 |
[12:44] | How could anyone that gorgeous be straight? | 那么帅的男人 怎么可能是异性恋? |
[12:48] | Sweetie, over here! | 亲爱的,快过来 |
[12:50] | Samantha never missed a major fashion show. | 莎曼珊从未错过大型服装秀 |
[12:53] | She was one of the only people who thought that proximity to beauty | 她认为接近俊男美女 |
[12:56] | made her feel more attractive. | 能让自己更有吸引力 |
[12:59] | Sweetie. What happened, you couldn’t find seats right on the runway? | 发生了什么事? 你在展示台边找不到位置吗? |
[13:03] | You can see all the flaws from this angle. | 从这个角度 你能看到所有的缺点 |
[13:14] | – Hey, Carrie. – Hi, Barkley. How are you? | -你好,凯莉 -巴克利,你好吗? |
[13:17] | – You going to the party afterwards? – I don’t know. | -你要参加庆功派对吗? -我不知道 |
[13:20] | of course we are. Hi, I’m Samantha. | 我们当然要参加 你好,我是莎曼珊 |
[13:24] | Barkley. | 我是巴克利 |
[13:29] | Martini straight up or with a twist? | 他是不是同志? |
[13:32] | Straight up. | 不是 |
[13:34] | Really? He’s very cute. You’re not dating him, are you? | 真的吗?他好可爱 你们没在约会吧? |
[13:38] | God, no. He’s a total modelizer. | 天啊,没有,他只爱模特儿 |
[13:45] | Is he dating any one model in particular? | 他现在跟某位模特儿约会吗? |
[13:48] | Actually, he’s sleeping with all of them in general. | 事实上他跟她们都睡过 |
[13:53] | – only models? – only models. | -他只跟模特儿上床? -没错 |
[14:14] | Later that night we all went downtown for a party. | 稍后我们都参加了庆功派对 |
[14:18] | I was beginning to float away on a sea of sweet potato puffs | 我陷在甜马铃薯泡芙堆里 |
[14:22] | with smoked salmon and sour cream when… | 还有腌鲑鱼跟酸奶酪 就是那么巧… |
[14:26] | It was Mr. Big – | 大人物出现了 |
[14:28] | major tycoon, major dreamboat… and majorly out of my league. | 他是商业大亨,也是个万人迷 他跟我不是同一个世界的人 |
[14:33] | I thought I saw you on the runway. | 我就知道我看到的人是你 |
[14:36] | Hi. | 你好 |
[14:38] | I started reading your column after we met. | 在我们认识后 我开始看你的专栏 |
[14:41] | – You did? – Yeah, cute. | -是吗? -没错,挺可爱的 |
[14:45] | – ”Cute.” – Well… | “挺可爱的”? |
[14:48] | Yeah, cute. What are you writing about this week? | 没错,挺可爱的 你这星期要写什么? |
[14:51] | Well, I’m working on a story about… | 我正在写 |
[14:54] | Men who date models. Any thoughts? | 跟模特儿约会的男人 你有什么想法吗? |
[14:57] | only that they’re very lucky. | 他们的运气很好 |
[15:00] | So what have you discovered about men who are dating models? | 跟模特儿约会的男人 你有什么了解? |
[15:05] | Well, I’m discovering that some of them treat it as a competitive sport, | 我发现他们之中有些人 把这样的行为当成体育竞赛 |
[15:11] | and others, I think, just need the validation. | 其他人则只是需要被认可 |
[15:15] | And probably others have a thing for exceptionally beautiful women. | 或许其他人是迷恋超级美女 |
[15:19] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[15:21] | – There’s something wrong with that? – No, there’s nothing wrong. | -那有什么不对吗? -不会啊 |
[15:25] | I just think it might become a bit monotonous. | 我只是觉得有点单调 |
[15:29] | Puff? | 要吃泡芙吗? |
[15:31] | – No, thanks. – Excuse me, baby. | -不,谢谢你 -对不起 |
[15:34] | So where do you write these stories? | 你都在哪里写作? |
[15:38] | – My ”cute” stories? – Have you got an office or anything? | -你是指“可爱的”文章吗? -你有办公室吗? |
[15:41] | No, half the time I’m at my apartment, | 没有 有一半的时间我待在家里 |
[15:44] | and the other half I’m at a coffee shop on 73rd and Madison. | 其他时间我都在七十三街 |
[15:48] | oh, Carrie, I’d like you to meet Misha. | 跟麦迪逊街口的咖啡馆 凯莉,这位是米夏 |
[15:53] | – oh, hi. You were great in the show. – Thank you. | -你在伸展台上很漂亮 -谢谢你的夸奖 |
[15:56] | Suddenly I felt like I was wearing patchouli in a room full of Chanel. | 突然间我觉得 自己像是天鹅堆里的丑小鸭 |
[16:01] | It was nice talking to you. | 很高兴能跟你聊天 |
[16:03] | See you around. | 再见 |
[16:05] | I hope. | 希望能再见 |
[16:08] | I thought I had come to terms with my looks when I turned 30, | 我以为过了三十岁 我可以不在乎自己的长相 |
[16:12] | when I realized that I no longer had the energy to be superficial. | 我了解 我不再有力气去做肤浅的事 |
[16:16] | Your friend Barkley has been coming on to me. | 你朋友巴克利来约我 |
[16:19] | Do you think he believes I’m a model? | 他认为我是模特儿吗? |
[16:22] | – Whatever it is, don’t go there. – Why not? | -不论原因为何,别去 -为什么? |
[16:25] | He has this thing for secretly taping his conquests. | 他会偷偷录下交欢的过程 |
[16:29] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[16:31] | What a pervert. | 真是个变态 |
[16:35] | As Samantha got ready for her close-up, | 当莎曼珊准备好上镜头时 |
[16:38] | I felt it was time to call it a night. | 我觉得我该回家了 |
[16:42] | I’d never felt so invisible. | 我从未觉得如此渺小过 |
[16:45] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[16:51] | – Carrie. – Hey, hi! Did Stanford leave? | -凯莉 -你好,史丹佛离开了吗? |
[16:55] | No, he’s giving a neck massage to a Versace model. Where you going? | 他在帮凡赛斯模特儿按摩脖子 你要去哪里? |
[17:00] | – oh, I’m going home. – Can I come? | -我要回家 -我能跟你去吗? |
[17:03] | You want to come home with me? | 你要跟我回家? |
[17:05] | Sure, if it’s quiet. I can’t take these crowds. | 对,只要你家很安静 我受不了人很多的地方 |
[17:13] | The things you gotta do in the name of research. | 我是为了研究才这么做 |
[17:22] | Shouldn’t you be spending the night with some girl from the show? | 你不跟女模特儿共度春宵吗? |
[17:26] | No, I never date models. I think they’re stupid. | 不,我从不跟模特儿约会 我觉得她们很笨 |
[17:30] | I wondered if there wasn’t some kind of physics for beauty. | 我纳闷着 是否有美丽的物理学法则 |
[17:33] | Maybe two models repelled. | 或许两个模特儿会互相排斥 |
[17:35] | Maybe models could only be attracted to ordinary humans. | 或许模特儿只能吸引一般人 |
[17:41] | – I think it’s so cool that you write. – Thanks. | -我觉得能写作很酷 -谢谢 |
[17:46] | I wish I could write. I got all these intense thoughts, | 真希望我也能写作 我有很多不错的想法 |
[17:49] | but I can’t remember them long enough to write them. | 但还来不及把它们写下前 便忘得精光 |
[17:53] | – That’s the big trick. – I’m totally neurotic. | -这是有窍门的 -我有神经过敏的毛病 |
[17:57] | one minute I’m walking down the street, totally cool, | 前一分钟我还很酷地走在街上 |
[18:01] | and the next minute I’m depressed for no reason. | 下一分钟 我毫无理由地感到沮丧 |
[18:04] | I’m totally self-conscious. Before I say something, | 我总是羞于启口 |
[18:07] | I say it in my head first so it doesn’t come out wrong. | 我会先想一想再说话 免得说错了话 |
[18:12] | – Isn’t that a waste of time? – It only takes a second. | -那不会很浪费时间吗? -只要几秒就能搞定 |
[18:20] | – Sometimes I get so distracted. – What’s distracting you now? | -有时我会分心 -现在什么东西让你分心? |
[18:24] | – Your nose. – Thanks a lot. I hate my nose. | -你的鼻子 -谢了,我讨厌我的鼻子 |
[18:28] | No, it’s just so cute. I hate my nose, too. | 不,你的鼻子很可爱 我也讨厌我的鼻子 |
[18:31] | It’s too big, but I think it depends on my hair. | 我的鼻子太大了 但那要视我的头发而定 |
[18:34] | Yeah… | 没错 |
[18:37] | I see what you mean. | 我了解你的意思 |
[18:39] | What do you want to be when you grow up? | 你希望长大后做什么? |
[18:42] | Well, I think this might be it. | 我已完成了梦想,就是写作 |
[18:46] | What do you want to be? | 你长大想做什么 |
[18:48] | I’d like to move back to lowa and have kids, and be a cop. | 我想搬回爱荷华州 生儿育女,当个警察 |
[18:55] | I felt like when I was 16 and used to date a guy who was really beautiful | 这就像我十六岁时跟帅哥鬼混 |
[19:00] | while my parents thought I was helping him with his homework. | 我父母以为我在教他功课一样 |
[19:04] | Do you mind if we just lie here? I get so lonely in the city. | 我们能躺一下吗? 在纽约我觉得很寂寞 |
[19:09] | Sometimes it’s just nice to lie with someone. | 有时能跟某人躺在一起 就是一种幸福 |
[19:12] | Sure. We could do that. | 没问题 |
[19:17] | It was hard to imagine that anyone so beautiful could ever be lonely. | 很难想像 那么帅的人会觉得寂寞 |
[19:24] | Meanwhile, two ordinary Joes were doing their own lonely late night thing. | 同时两个凡夫俗子 寂寞地过着他们的夜晚 |
[19:31] | – Anything else, miss? – No, that’s it. | -还要别的东西吗?小姐 -不必了 |
[19:33] | – Just cat food? – Yes, just cat food. | -你只买猫食? -没错 |
[19:36] | – Hey. – Hi, Skipper. | -你好 -史奇普 |
[19:40] | Why haven’t you returned my calls? | 你为什么不回我电话? |
[19:43] | I’m sorry, it’s been a busy week. | 抱歉,这星期我很忙 |
[19:46] | – I thought we had a connection. – oh, I don’t know. | -我还以为我们算是在交往 -我不知道 |
[19:50] | Can I get my change? | 麻烦把零钱找给我 |
[19:51] | You get that way with every guy? | 你跟每个男人都这样吗? |
[19:54] | No, it’s just… | 不,我只是… |
[19:58] | Don’t you wanna date a girl your own age? | 你不想 跟同年龄的女孩约会吗? |
[20:01] | It’s got nothing to do with age. I… I think you’re luminous. | 这跟年龄无关 我觉得你很聪明 |
[20:08] | – You think I’m luminous? – Totally. | -你觉得我很聪明 -没错 |
[20:11] | Miranda couldn’t resist her own reflection in his smudged lenses. | 米兰达抗拒不了 自己在模糊镜片上的倒影 |
[20:19] | – All right, let’s get out of here. – I’ll just pay for my Captain Crunch. | -好了,我们快走了 -我得付玉米片的钱 |
[20:24] | There’s cereal at my place. | 我家有玉米片 |
[20:33] | And Samantha found the ultimate validation… | 莎曼珊找到了最有力的证据 |
[20:37] | Sex, with Barkley. | 她跟巴克利上床了 |
[20:39] | So… | 好了 |
[20:42] | – Where is it? – What? | -在哪里呢? -什么东西啊? |
[20:46] | The camera. | 摄影机 |
[20:49] | Did your friend Carrie tell you about that? | 凯莉跟你提过那玩意? |
[20:52] | Don’t worry, I only tape models. | 别担心,我只拍模特儿 |
[20:57] | – I won’t mind. – Fine. I’ll make an exception. | -我不会介意的 -好吧,我可以破例一次 |
[21:13] | Samantha demended the same consideration given to every model. | 莎曼珊要求 跟每个模特儿一样的待遇 |
[21:26] | – Hello. – Carrie, it’s Stanford. | -你好 -凯莉,我是史丹佛 |
[21:29] | Do you know what happened to Derek last night? | 你知道德瑞克昨晚去哪里吗? |
[21:33] | – Actually, you’ll never believe it, but… – Yes? | -事实上你不会相信的,但… -什么事? |
[21:38] | It’s Stanford. | 是史丹佛打来的 |
[21:44] | Hi, Stanford. | 你好,史丹佛 |
[21:46] | Derek, could you put Carrie back on the phone? | 德瑞克 麻烦你请凯莉来听电话 |
[21:51] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[21:55] | – Hello. – How could you! | 你怎么能这么做? |
[21:58] | – I didn’t. We just talked. – oh, I knew he was gay. | -我没有,我们只是在聊天 -我就知道他是同性恋 |
[22:10] | It’s amazing what you’ll do to be with these models. | 跟模特儿在一起真的很辛苦 |
[22:13] | I’ve got to retire soon. They keep me from getting work done. | 我很快就得退休 她们害得我工作做不完 |
[22:16] | They make me fuck up my life. Look at me! | 她们害得我搞砸了我的人生 看看我这个鬼样子 |
[22:20] | I’m an old man at 34! | 我是个三十四岁的老头 |
[22:26] | I began to realize that being beautiful | 我开始了解当帅哥美女 |
[22:28] | is like having a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park, | 就像是租下 一间俯视公园美景的出租公寓 |
[22:32] | completely unfair and bestowed upon those who deserve it least. | 那根本就不公平 该把它送给那些有资格的人 |
[22:37] | – I’m not interrupting your work, am l? – Hey, what a surprise. | -我没打扰你工作吧? -真是个大惊喜 |
[22:42] | I can’t stay, I’m late. But I’ve been thinking about men who date models. | 我已经迟到了,没办法久留 但我在想跟模特儿约会的男人 |
[22:47] | – Yeah, what about them? – First of all, | -他们怎么了? -首先 |
[22:50] | there are so many gorgeous women out there in this city. | 纽约有许多美女 |
[22:54] | What an amazing observation. | 你真是好眼力 |
[22:58] | But the thing is this, | 但事实上 |
[23:00] | after a while, you just want to be with the one that makes you laugh. | 过了一阵子后 你只想跟能逗你笑的人在一起 |
[23:06] | Know what I mean? | 了解我的意思了吗? |
[23:15] | ok. See ya. | 再见 |
[23:28] | I take that back… Beauty is fleeting, | 我收回那句话,美丽是短暂的 |
[23:32] | but a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park is forever. | 一间俯视公园美景的出租公寓 却是永远 |