时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | one of the best things about living in a city like New York | 住在纽约这种城市 大家最喜欢做的事情之一… |
[00:51] | is leaving it. | 就是逃离它 |
[00:57] | My friend, Patience and her husband | 我的朋友佩萱丝和她先生 |
[00:59] | invited me to the Hamptons for the weekend. | 邀请我到汉普顿度周末 |
[01:02] | Patience and Peter were the perfect married couple. | 佩萱丝和彼得是完美的一对 |
[01:05] | They were fun, smart and looked like they fell out of a J. Crew catalogue. | 他们风趣、聪明,而且像 杰克鲁服饰目录上的模特儿 |
[01:09] | If their house wasn’t on the beach, I would’ve hated them. | 若他们不是住在海边的别墅 我一定会讨厌他们 |
[01:13] | So, he gets in the cab and slides up next to me. | 他进了计程车 然后靠过来坐在我身边 |
[01:20] | Yes? | 然后呢? |
[01:22] | And it is hot. | 我们打得火热 |
[01:24] | It is hot from Houston and West Broadway to 72nd and Madison. | 从汉普顿和西百老汇街口 一直到七十二街和麦迪逊大道 |
[01:28] | Hampton houseguests have to sing for their supper. | 来汉普顿做客的人 晚餐前得和主人闲话家常 |
[01:32] | Brokers give investment advice, architects, design advice, | 股票经济人提供理财方案 建筑师则给与设计的意见 |
[01:36] | single people give married friends tidbits from their sexual escapades. | 单身朋友则将艳遇之类的事 告诉已婚友人 |
[01:43] | The next morning I woke up feeling rested and fabulous. | 次日早晨我醒来时 觉得神清气爽 |
[01:46] | I wanted to go out and take in the spectacular view. | 等不及到户外欣赏美丽风景 |
[01:51] | Morning. | 早安 |
[01:53] | Patience went out to get juice and muffins. | 佩萱丝去买果汁和松饼 |
[01:56] | She’ll be right back. | 马上就回来 |
[01:58] | There he was, full frontal… friend. | 他下半身一丝不挂站在那里 |
[02:03] | Good! | 太好了 |
[02:04] | He just stood there, casual, happy, hanging out. | 他就那样神情自若地站着 |
[02:08] | I didn’t know what to say. | 我不知所措 |
[02:10] | I only knew that was too much Peter before coffee. | 只觉得他异常兴奋 |
[02:15] | – Good morning. – Hey. | -早安 -早 |
[02:17] | I’ve got some fresh juice and the good muffins. | 我买了新鲜果汁和可口的松饼 |
[02:22] | So, what’s happening? | 你怎么了? |
[02:25] | Well, I ran into Peter in the hallway, without his underwear on. | 我在走廊上碰到彼得 他没穿内裤 |
[02:33] | PS Congratulations. | 你真有眼光 |
[02:37] | Sunny day. | 天气很好 |
[02:38] | Honey, did Carrie see your dick in the hall? | 甜心,凯莉真的在走廊 看到你的小弟弟吗? |
[02:42] | Yeah, she caught me on the way to the bathroom. | 当时我正要去厕所 |
[02:45] | – on the way to the bathroom. – Yeah! The good muffins. | -正要去厕所 -太好了,有好吃的松饼 |
[02:53] | So what are we doing today? | 我们今天有何安排? |
[02:56] | I barely had time for a muffin before returning to New York. | 最后我只带了一个松饼 就匆匆启程回纽约 |
[03:01] | Why would he do that? Did he want to have sex with you? | 他到底居心何在? 他想勾引你吗? |
[03:04] | I don’t know, it didn’t feel sexual. | 不知道,感觉不像这么回事 |
[03:06] | Maybe he wanted to show it off, like a monkey. | 可能他只是想献宝 猴子也会这样 |
[03:10] | – So, how big was it? – Fresh pepper? | -他的尺寸如何? -来点新鲜的胡椒吗? |
[03:15] | Yes, please. | 好,谢谢 |
[03:19] | That’ll do. | 够了 |
[03:20] | – Would you like some fresh pepper? – Honey, I’d love some fresh pepper. | -你要来点新鲜的胡椒吗? -宝贝,我求之不得 |
[03:24] | Everyone at this table could use a lot of fresh pepper. | 其实我想 这桌每个人都要加很多胡椒 |
[03:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:35] | She said I couldn’t understand why she was so upset because I’m single. | 她说我还是单身 所以无法了解她的心情 |
[03:41] | And what? Single women | 怎么说? |
[03:43] | prowl houses hoping to glimpse their friends’ husbands’ dicks? | 单身女郎处心积虑 一窥朋友“丈夫”的小弟弟吗 |
[03:47] | – How good of a friend was she? – What’s the difference? | -她和你的关系很好吗? -这有什么差别? |
[03:50] | When someone gets married, all bets are off. We become the enemy. | 结了婚,失去身价后 我们就成了她们的敌人 |
[03:54] | As the only single lawyer at her law firm, | 米兰达是律师事务所里 唯一的单身贵族 |
[03:57] | Miranda had given this topic some thought. | 她仔细思考过这个问题 |
[03:59] | Married women know we can have sex any time, with anyone. | 已婚女子都知道 我们可能和任何人发生关系 |
[04:04] | We can? | 是这样吗? |
[04:05] | And they’re afraid we’re gonna have it with their husbands. | 所以怕我们和她们丈夫有染 |
[04:09] | – I’d never sleep with a married man. – Are you sure you haven’t? | -我绝不接受已婚的男人 -你确定吗? |
[04:12] | Wedding rings come off, you know. lf you’re single, you can’t be trusted. | 结婚戒指还是能拿下来 她们认为未婚者全都不可靠 |
[04:18] | Not all married women feel that way. | 已婚女性并非全都这么想 |
[04:21] | Charlotte treated marriage as a sorority she was hoping to pledge. | 夏绿蒂将婚姻视为妇女联谊会 且迫不及待想加入 |
[04:24] | You’re right, not all. The ones who don’t fear you, pity you. | 你说得没错 但那些不担心的人会可怜你 |
[04:29] | That’s not true. | 才没有这种事 |
[04:31] | Are you telling me you haven’t gotten those ‘poor single you’ looks? | 你真的没见过那种 “单身真可怜”表情吗? |
[04:34] | – I hate those. – ok, yes, I have. | -我很讨厌那种表情 -坦白说,我见过 |
[04:37] | When you’re the only single person at a party, they look at you like you’re | 若在派对中你是唯一单身的人 他们的表情就像在说你… |
[04:41] | – A loser? – Leper. | -没人要? -异类 |
[04:42] | – Whore. – Exactly. | -荡妇 -完全正确 |
[04:44] | Married people are the enemy! | 已婚者真是我们的大敌 |
[04:47] | Was Miranda right? Were we enemies? | 米兰达说对了吗? 已婚与未婚者真的势不两立? |
[04:51] | Is there a secret cold war between marrieds and singles? | 两者之间正上演一场 秘密的冷战吗? |
[04:55] | I love my single friends, | 我很喜欢单身的女性朋友 |
[04:57] | but now that I’m married, I don’t see them as much as I used to. | 但因为我结婚了 无法像从前时常见面 |
[05:01] | It’s too painful. They remind me of how desperate I used to be. | 我觉得非常痛苦 她们让我想起从前绝望的日子 |
[05:06] | When women get married, they forget who they are. ”I” becomes ”we”. | 女性婚后会忘记自我 由“我”变成“我们” |
[05:11] | ”We loved the movie.” ”We hate that restaurant.” | “我们喜欢这部电影 我们讨厌那间餐厅” |
[05:14] | We, we, we, we, we. | 我们… |
[05:16] | My best buddy and I did everything together. | 本来我和拍档什么事都一起做 |
[05:19] | Then he married this girl who doesn’t like me. | 结果他却娶了一个 和我合不来的女孩 |
[05:21] | Now I only see him on Super Bowl Sunday. | 现在我只有在 超级杯比赛时才见得到他 |
[05:24] | It’s all about what you want. Some people, like me, choose to grow up, | 这件事取决于 自己想过何种生活 |
[05:28] | face reality and get married, | 有些人像我一样,选择长大 面对现实乖乖结婚 |
[05:30] | and others choose to, what? | 至于其他人…怎么说? |
[05:33] | Live an empty, haunted life of stunted adolescence. | 像长不大的孩子般 过着空虚、脑人的生活 |
[05:37] | No, it’s not a cold war. It’s an out and out battle. | 这不是一场冷战 而是激烈的大战 |
[05:41] | And it isn’t just straight people. | 而且参战者不只是一般人 |
[05:43] | Every gay guy I know is running off to Hawaii, | 我认识的同性恋者 都跑到夏威夷 |
[05:46] | putting on a caftan, reciting vows, and feeling superior to me. | 穿长袖花衬衫,宣誓结婚 心中想着我比不上他们 |
[05:50] | – Caftans? – Yes, with orchid leis. | -穿长袖花衬衫 -没错,还戴兰花做的花环 |
[05:53] | Aloha. | “欢迎” |
[05:55] | I miss the old times when everyone was alone. | 我怀念过去 大家都还是单身的时光 |
[05:57] | I’m starting to feel like I’m an outcast in the… | 我开始觉得自己像是被放逐… |
[06:00] | Carrie? | 凯莉? |
[06:03] | oh, my God! Joe! Hi! Wow! | 天啊,乔,是你… |
[06:07] | Jeez, it’s been years. I haven’t seen you since you were… | 好多年没见了 我一直没遇到你,自从… |
[06:10] | Straight? | -还不是同性恋时? |
[06:11] | – I was gonna say in Miss Saigon. – Still am. | -我是说“西贡小姐”演出后 |
[06:15] | I love Miss Saigon. | -我还在表演 -我很喜欢这部音乐剧 |
[06:17] | This is my friend, Stanford. | 这位是我的朋友,史丹佛 |
[06:19] | – This is my life partner, Lou. – Look at that. Congratulations. | -这是我的亲蜜爱人,卢 -看,是结婚戒指,恭喜你们 |
[06:26] | – Where are you registered? – Barney’s. | -在哪里公证的? -巴尼百货 |
[06:28] | I was kidding. | 我只是在开玩笑 |
[06:31] | So, how about you? Are you married? | 你呢?结婚了吗? |
[06:33] | Not really, I mean, no! | 也不算是…我的意思是还没有 |
[06:35] | – Are you thinking what I’m thinking? – Perfect! | -我们想的是同一件事吗? -好极了 |
[06:40] | – What? – Lou and I want to have a child. | -什么事? -我们想要一个孩子 |
[06:44] | We already have a surrogate, but we need a top-notch egg. | 我们已经找到人代产了 但还需要一颗健康的蛋 |
[06:48] | What are your feelings about donating one? | 你愿意捐赠吗? |
[06:53] | Listen, here’s our card. Think about it and give us a call. | 这是我们的名片 考虑一下再联络我们 |
[06:57] | – We’ll pay. – Great seeing you. | -若你愿意,我们会付钱 -真高兴见到你 |
[07:02] | I had just experienced single bashing for the new millennium. | 我刚遭受千禧年的第一个打击 |
[07:06] | I was no longer considered a person. I was now an egg farm. | 朋友已经不把我当人看了 我成了蛋繁殖场 |
[07:11] | Meanwhile, downtown, another single woman was about to be humiliated. | 此时,在市中心 另一名单身女子也将遭到羞辱 |
[07:15] | Miranda had to attend her firm’s annual softball game. | 米兰达被迫参加 公司的年度垒球比赛 |
[07:19] | A law firm softball game is like any other, | 律师事务所办的垒球比赛 和一般比赛没什么两样 |
[07:22] | but when a lawyer steals a base, he gets promoted. | 但若律师盗垒成功 便能获得升迁 |
[07:25] | Miranda! | -米兰达,我还以为你不会来 |
[07:26] | – I thought you wouldn’t come. – Alright, let’s get it over with. | -好了,走吧 |
[07:31] | Panicked at the idea of spending another firm function as a leper, | 由于担心被公司同事视为异类 |
[07:36] | Miranda had agreed to be fixed up on a blind date. | 米兰达和刻意安排的对象约会 |
[07:39] | Miranda, this is Syd. Syd, Miranda. | 米兰达,见过席德 席德,这位是米兰达 |
[07:43] | Look at you two, perfect match. | 你们简直是天生一对 |
[07:46] | Well, I’m gonna excuse myself. | 我要先走一步 |
[07:52] | – Nice to meet you. – You too. | -幸会 -幸会 |
[07:54] | I’m gonna get a soda. You want a soda? | 我要去买杯汽水,你要喝吗? |
[07:58] | I’m gonna get us a soda. | 我现在就去买 |
[08:01] | Jeff! | 杰夫 |
[08:03] | Pretty great, huh? Can I pick ’em or what? | 还不错,对吗? 我很会看人不是吗? |
[08:05] | – Yeah, I’m not gay. – Seriously? | -没错,但我不是同性恋 -真的吗? |
[08:09] | In eight months, I’ve never seen you with a guy. | 我已经八个月 没见过你交男朋友了 |
[08:12] | Circumstantial, Jeff, I’m single. | 那只是巧合,杰夫 我是单身女郎 |
[08:14] | Christ, when did being single translate into being gay? | 天啊 单身怎么会被视为同性恋? |
[08:18] | Shit. Do you want me to go over there and… | 难不成你要我过去… |
[08:23] | No, I’ll do it. | 算了,我自己解决 |
[08:27] | Brave Miranda marched right over and told Syd she wasn’t. | 勇敢的米兰达大步走过去 告诉席德她不是同性恋 |
[08:31] | They had a good laugh and decided to stay and play ball. | 她们相觑大笑并决定一起打球 |
[08:45] | Miranda and Syd’s last inning double play got the attention of everyone, | 米兰达和席德最后一局 演出双杀成为场中的焦点 |
[08:49] | – even the firm’s senior partner. – Quite a play, ladies. | -连公司的资深股东都… -真精彩,女士们 |
[08:52] | – It’s all about teamwork, Charles. – Chip. | -全靠团队合作,查尔斯 -叫我契普 |
[08:56] | Chip. | 契普 |
[08:57] | My wife and I are having a dinner party on the 1 2th, | 我们夫妻十二号要办一个派对 |
[09:00] | just some couples, nothing fancy. | 只邀请了几对夫妻 是个普通的派对 |
[09:03] | – We’d love it if you both came. – We’d love to. | -希望你们也能来 -乐意之至 |
[09:11] | That night, Miranda gave me the low-down on her day. | 那天晚上 米兰达对我大吐苦水 |
[09:14] | You think it’s because they think that you’re in a couple? | 你想这是因为 他们以为你们是一对吗? |
[09:18] | In two years he’s barely spoken to me, all of a sudden, it’s ”Chip”. | 两年来我们鲜少交谈 他却突然要我叫他“契普” |
[09:23] | A lawyer named Chip, gotta love that. | 一个名叫契普的律师 令人不由得喜欢他 |
[09:25] | They seemed relieved to have finally figured me out. | 他们好不容易了解我以后 好像松了一口气 |
[09:29] | – You’re actually going to dinner? – Yup. | -你真会赴宴吗? -没错 |
[09:32] | I want to make partner in this firm, even if I have to be a lesbian. | 在公司里我需要战友 就算得当同性恋也再所不惜 |
[09:36] | After Miranda left, I had a thought. | 米兰达离去后,我想了一想 |
[09:39] | Maybe the cold war isn’t about hate, maybe it’s about fear, | 或许冷战的起因不是恨 而是恐惧 |
[09:43] | fear of the unknown. | 对于未知的恐惧 |
[09:45] | Married people don’t hate singles, they just want us ”figured out”. | 已婚者并不恨单身贵族 只是想“弄清楚”我们的想法 |
[09:51] | It was time to stop all this speculation and infiltrate the enemy camp. | 该是停止猜忌 渗透敌方阵营的时候了 |
[09:56] | Lunch with my favorite couple, David and Lisa. | 于是我和我最喜爱的夫妻档 大卫和莉莎共进午餐 |
[10:00] | I don’t think of us as married so much as together. | 与其说婚姻生活 我比较倾向说共同生活 |
[10:03] | Are we married? | 我们结婚了吗? |
[10:04] | Remember when you wore the white dress and we got all the flatware? | 记得当时你披上白纱 我们还收到很多餐具吗? |
[10:08] | Yeah. I guess I should stop seeing other men. | 记得 或许我不该再和其他男人约会 |
[10:12] | – And you? You like being single? – Most of the time, yeah. | -你呢?喜欢单身生活吗? -我觉得还不错 |
[10:17] | Then there are the other times, | 有时候则不然 |
[10:19] | like family functions when they sit you at the kid’s table. | 像家庭聚会时得和小孩坐一桌 |
[10:25] | or when you two eat off the same fork, I just… | 或看你们用同一支叉子 吃东西,我… |
[10:29] | – Man, that’s so sweet. – Don’t start crying. | -那真是太甜蜜了 -别哭出来 |
[10:33] | He’s such a pussy. | 他很多愁善感 |
[10:34] | But you do want to get married, right? | 你将来打算结婚,对吗? |
[10:37] | I don’t know. I’m beginning to think I may not be the marrying kind. | 不知道 我觉得自己可能不适合结婚 |
[10:41] | – Really? – As soon as the words came out, | -真的吗? -话才刚说完… |
[10:45] | I wondered if they were true. | 我自己已经开始怀疑了 |
[10:46] | – Hey! – Hey, Sean! | -你们好 -你好,西恩 |
[10:49] | – What a surprise. This is Carrie. – Hi. | -好一个惊喜,见过凯莉 -幸会 |
[10:53] | We’re about to have dessert, wanna join us? | 我们正要吃甜点 要不要一起享用? |
[10:56] | Sure. This is such a surprise. | 好,我真是太意外了 |
[11:00] | Another time I hate being single | 另一个让我讨厌单身的场合… |
[11:02] | is when married friends ”surprise” fix you up. | 就是已婚的朋友 “意外”帮你介绍对象 |
[11:06] | Two espressos and a tiramisu later, | 喝了两杯浓咖啡 吃了一个提拉米苏后 |
[11:08] | I had learned that Sean was the youngest of three brothers, | 我得知西恩是三兄弟中最小的 |
[11:11] | had his own investment firm | 他有自己的投资公司 |
[11:12] | and was about to move into an apartment he had just purchased. | 而且即将迁入新购置的公寓 |
[11:16] | -You know this was a fix-up, right? – Please, | 你知道这全是安排好的 |
[11:18] | I could smell it before you walked in the door. | 对吗? 其实你进门前我就闻出来了 |
[11:21] | My parents met on a fix-up, and they’ll be married 41 years next month. | 我父母是相亲结婚的 下个月是他们结婚41周年纪念 |
[11:26] | That’s great. | 真是美满 |
[11:28] | It was then I realized, I was having coffee with the marrying guy. | 这时我才了解,他很期待结婚 |
[11:31] | That illusive and rare Manhattan man whose sights were set on marriage. | 结婚是这个魅力十足 曼哈顿男子的最终目标 |
[11:37] | – Can I see you again? – Sure. | -我可以再约你出来吗? -当然可以 |
[11:46] | over the next week and a half, I met Sean for a movie… | 接下来一周半的时间… 我和西恩一起看了场电影… |
[11:51] | I met him for another movie. | 又看了另一部电影 |
[11:56] | I helped him pick out a top of the line cheese grater at Williams-Sonoma. | 我在威廉斯索诺玛 帮他挑了一个高级起司磨碎器 |
[12:00] | My house-warming is on the 1 2th. Come, and bring your friends. | 十二号我要办乔迁派对 请你参加,带朋友一起来 |
[12:04] | Sounds like fun. | 听起来好像很有意思 |
[12:08] | Thanks for a great day. | 谢谢你陪我共度美好时光 |
[12:11] | He was like the flesh and blood equivalent of a DKNY dress. | 他就像DKNY服饰活生生的翻版 |
[12:15] | You know it’s not you’re style, but it’s there, so you try it on anyway. | 虽然明知和自己的风格不合 但顺便试穿也无妨 |
[12:21] | It was the night of the 1 2th. | 十二号当天晚上… |
[12:23] | on the East Side, a pseudo lesbian couple went to a Republican dinner. | 一对假的女同性恋到纽约东区 出席一名共和党员的晚宴 |
[12:32] | Hey! | 你们来了 |
[12:34] | on the West Side, a trio of single gals went to a single guy’s house-warming. | 西区则有三个单身女郎 参加一个单身汉的乔迁派对 |
[12:39] | – Are his friends cute? – I don’t know, I haven’t met them. | -他的朋友帅吗? -不知道,我从没见过他们 |
[12:43] | How did you get a new boyfriend in a week? | 你是怎么在一周内 交上新男朋友? |
[12:46] | He’s not my boyfriend. I’m just trying him on. | 他不是我的男朋友 我只是在试试而已 |
[12:49] | All right, ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[12:57] | Everywhere people were standing in twos. | 所有宾客都成双成对 |
[13:00] | It was like Noah’s Upper West Side rent controlled ark. | 这里简直像有房租限制的 诺亚方舟 |
[13:03] | It’s all married couples. | 他们全是夫妻档 |
[13:06] | Samantha gave me a look like I had sold her to the enemy | 莎曼珊瞪了我一眼 好像我将她出卖给敌人 |
[13:09] | for chocolate bars and nylons. | 只是为了巧克力棒和尼龙袜 |
[13:13] | This is for you. Hi. | 这是给你的,恭喜 |
[13:16] | – You must be Charlotte. – Hi. | -你想必就是夏绿蒂 -幸会 |
[13:17] | – You must be Samantha. – Yeah, where’s the bar? | -你一定是莎曼珊 -没错,请问吧台在哪里? |
[13:21] | Kitchen, you can’t miss it, room with the stove. | 在厨房,你一定找得到 就是有瓦斯炉的那一间 |
[13:23] | – This place is amazing. – I’ve been planning it for years. | -这里真漂亮 -我花了很多年规划 |
[13:26] | I’ll give you guys the grand tour. | 我带你参观 |
[13:28] | Moving through the married couples, I noticed something was different… | 我们从已婚夫妻旁走过时 我发现一件事… |
[13:33] | No fear, no pity, no pointing. | 她们眼中没有恐惧、怜悯 也不会对我品头论足 |
[13:35] | Were Sean’s friends cold war conscientious objectors? | 难不成西恩的朋友 都是善良的反战者吗? |
[13:39] | or was it just that I was ”figured out”? | 还是因为我已经 被她们“摸清楚了”? |
[13:43] | My accountant says it’s best to go with low risk stocks. | 会计师告诉我 最好买低风险的股票 |
[13:47] | It depends. What are your expectations? | 这要视清况而定 你对投资持何种心态? |
[13:50] | I’m not sure. | 我也不太确定 |
[13:52] | – Honey, I need you to meet someone. – Sure. | -甜心,我要介绍朋友给你 -好 |
[13:56] | – This is Samantha, Samantha, Elaine. – His wife. | -莎曼珊,莎曼珊,见过伊莲 -我是他太太 |
[14:00] | – Honey, I need you in the other room. – Sure. Nice talking to you Samantha. | -甜心,我们去别的房间 -好,很高兴和你聊,莎曼珊 |
[14:10] | – This is the den. – A leather club chair! I love them. | -这里是书房 -是高级皮椅,我爱死它们了 |
[14:15] | Thanks. I’m using this room as an office now, but someday… | 谢谢,目前我把这里当办公室 但有一天… |
[14:18] | this is gonna be the kid’s room. Look. | 这里会变成小孩的房间,看 |
[14:23] | I got this three years ago in Aspen. What do you think? | 三年前我在阿斯彭买的 喜欢吗? |
[14:34] | I owe you. I didn’t know all his buddies were married. | 这是我的错 我不知道他的朋友全都结婚了 |
[14:38] | – My God, you’re doing tequila shots? – See that buddy over there? | -天啊,你在喝龙舌兰? -你看那边那个男的 |
[14:45] | – I fucked him. – See that buddy over there? | -我上过他 -再看那边那一个 |
[14:49] | I fucked him too. | 我也上过他 |
[14:52] | I never thought I’d see them again. | 我没想到还会见到他们 |
[14:54] | We should tag your married men so you can keep track of them. | 你已婚的前男友都该贴上标签 这样你才能追踪他们的动向 |
[14:59] | – He’s gonna ask you to marry him. – He’s not. We’ve been dating a week. | -他会向你求婚 -不可能,我们才约会一周 |
[15:04] | No guy buys a classic six on the Upper West Side | 除非慎重考虑结婚的事 |
[15:07] | unless they’re seriously thinking about marriage. | 否则没人会在上西城区 买这么好的房子 |
[15:10] | Some people read palms, Charlotte read real estate. | 有人会看手相 夏绿蒂却会观察不动产 |
[15:14] | If you turn into one of those married assholes, | 若你成为那些已婚白痴的一员 |
[15:17] | I’ll kill you. | 我会毙了你 |
[15:20] | Sean is the greatest guy and he loves kids. | 西恩好得没话说 而且又喜欢小孩 |
[15:25] | Plus, he owns his own business, and he’s got 300,000 in the bank. | 他不但有自己的事业 银行里还有三十万元存款 |
[15:30] | We both slept with him and he’s great in bed. | 我们都和他有过一腿 他的床上功夫好极了 |
[15:33] | An hour and a half into this house-warming, | 我在这场乔迁派对 待了一个半小时 |
[15:35] | I had gone from party guest to prisoner of war. | 从座的贵宾变成了战俘 |
[15:39] | Samantha is totally drunk. I’ve got to get her out of here. | 莎曼珊醉得一蹋糊涂 我得送她回去休息 |
[15:42] | – You’re not going without me. – Carrie! | -我和你们一起走 -凯莉 |
[15:45] | oh God, more friends. | 天啊,又有朋友来了 |
[15:48] | – Surprise! – It certainly was. | -惊喜吧 -我的确感到讶异 |
[15:52] | Last time I saw Patience she was shoving me on a bus. | 上回我见到佩萱丝时 她在公车上推我 |
[15:54] | When Sean told us you two were dating, we were thrilled. | 西恩告诉我们你们在约会 |
[15:59] | About what happened at your house the other day… | 我们也非常高兴 上次在你们家发生的事… |
[16:02] | – Don’t mention it. – I’m not sure… | -别提那件事 -我不知道… |
[16:05] | I said don’t mention it. | 别再说下去了 |
[16:07] | This party is terrible. Who are you? | 这场派对糟得不像话 你是哪位? |
[16:10] | This is my friend Patience and her husband Peter. | 我的朋友佩萱丝 和她的丈夫彼得 |
[16:15] | I heard about you. | 久仰大名 |
[16:20] | – Big pepper mill dick! – We gotta go! | -像胡椒碾磨器般的大弟弟 -我们得走了 |
[16:24] | And suddenly our little cease-fire was over. | 我们的停火协议刹那间破灭 |
[16:29] | Meanwhile, across town, things were winding down. | 同时,在纽约的另一端 形势渐趋和缓 |
[16:32] | Thank you so much, we really had a great time. | 非常感谢你的招待 我们都玩得很尽兴 |
[16:34] | As did we all. | 我也一样 |
[16:37] | She is a real find. We’ll do it again soon. | 她真是个好伴侣 不久后我们会再办一次 |
[16:41] | I’ll meet you at the elevator, ok? | 先去按电梯,我稍后就来 |
[16:47] | We can’t do it again soon. Syd and I aren’t really a couple. | 恐怕我们办不到 席德和我并不是一对 |
[16:51] | We’re not even really lesbians. Well, Syd is, I’m not. | 其实我们根本不是同性恋 她是,但我不是 |
[16:56] | I just wanted to bend your ear about my work at the firm. | 我只是想藉机和你谈 我在公司的工作 |
[17:01] | Shrewd move, counselor. No harm done. | 很聪明的做法,别放在心上 |
[17:06] | – Thank you, sir. – My wife will be disappointed. | -谢谢 -我太太会大失所望 |
[17:08] | She wanted to add a lesbian couple to our circle. | 她希望为我们的社交圈 增加一对女同性恋 |
[17:16] | As they rode between floors, | 搭电梯时,米兰达心中想着 |
[17:18] | Miranda considered how much easier life would be if she were in a couple, | 若她有伴侣,生活会多自在… |
[17:22] | any couple. | 姑且不论对方是男是女 |
[17:30] | Yup, definitely straight. | 我真的不是同性恋 |
[17:34] | Yeah, you are. | 完全正确 |
[17:38] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:41] | While she cursed her heterosexuality | 米兰达为自己 不是同性恋而懊脑 |
[17:43] | wondering how much longer she could fight the war, | 想着这场战争里 自己能撑多久的同时 |
[17:47] | Charlotte cursed tequila and forced Samantha into a cab. | 夏绿蒂把错怪在龙舌兰酒上 硬逼莎曼珊搭上计程车 |
[17:51] | She thought Samantha was too drunk | 她认为莎曼珊太醉不能回家 |
[17:54] | and insisted she slept on her couch. | 坚持让她睡在沙发上 |
[17:58] | – We’re home. | -到家了 -终于到家了 |
[18:06] | Let me get that door for you. | 我帮你开门 |
[18:12] | – Hi. – Alright. | -你好 -够了… |
[18:13] | – I like him! – Bye. | -我喜欢他 -再见 |
[18:16] | She got Samantha upstairs and safely to bed, or so she thought. | 她扶莎曼珊上楼,上床睡觉 但事情还没告一段落 |
[18:22] | A few hours later, Samantha woke up still drunk and single. | 几小时后,莎曼珊醒了 依然是酒醉的单身女郎 |
[18:26] | And single to Samantha meant one thing. | 对她而言 单身代表一个意义 |
[18:35] | – Can I have a cigarette? – Sure. | -可以给我一根烟吗? -没问题 |
[18:43] | Can I have a kiss? | 可以给我一个吻吗? |
[18:56] | Jesus… | 天啊… |
[18:59] | I really shouldn’t, somebody might see. | 我真的不该这么做 或许会被人撞见 |
[19:03] | Why don’t you come upstairs for a minute? | 你何不到楼上来一下? 一下就好 |
[19:18] | Samantha? | 莎曼珊? |
[19:23] | Don’t be scared, miss. It’s me, Tommy, I’m just leaving. | 别害怕,小姐 是我,汤米,我正要离开 |
[19:26] | Your friend invited me up. I know it was wrong, | 是你的朋友请我来的 我知道不该这么做 |
[19:29] | but I’ve just been so lonely since I left home. | 但是离开家后 我一直觉得很孤独 |
[19:32] | I wanted the feel of a woman’s touch on me. | 我渴望得到女人的抚摸慰藉 |
[19:38] | I’m going into the bathroom now and when I come out you won’t be here. | 我要进洗手间 出来时别让我再看到你 |
[19:44] | I never want this mentioned again. | 这件事就当没发生过 |
[19:47] | Let me get the door for you, miss. | 我帮你开门,小姐 |
[19:59] | I was hoping you’d stay over. | 我原本希望你留下过夜 |
[20:05] | Look, Sean, I don’t think this is gonna work. | 听我说,西恩 我认为我们不适合在一起 |
[20:09] | We want different things. You want to get married and… | 我们追求的是不同的生活 你想结婚… |
[20:13] | I don’t know what I want. | 而我不知道自己要什么 |
[20:17] | – You can smell my desperation, right? – No, it’s just… | -你感觉得出我的心急迫切 -不,只是… |
[20:26] | I was trying you on, you know? To see if it fits. | 我在尝试与你相处,懂吗? 看看我们合不合适 |
[20:31] | It doesn’t. | 结果合不来 |
[20:34] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[20:43] | I don’t understand you women. | 我真搞不懂你们女人 |
[20:45] | All I hear is, ”I want to get married, I want to get married”, | 我总听你们说“我想结婚”… |
[20:51] | and none of you says yes. What the fuck? | 但却没有一个人答应我 到底是怎么回事? |
[21:03] | I’m so tired of going through women. | 我再也受不了一个一个试了 |
[21:06] | I just want to get married. | 我只是想结婚 |
[21:11] | I may know someone who’s perfect for you. | 我或许认识和你一拍即合的人 |
[21:15] | Who? | 是谁? |
[21:16] | They started out casual, a brunch here, a concert there. | 开始时他们很随性 只是吃个早午餐,听场音乐会 |
[21:21] | But pretty soon they were visiting china. | 但很快他们就开始选购瓷器 |
[21:23] | I always wanted this pattern for formal dining. | 正式场合我一直想用这种餐具 |
[21:28] | Are you serious? | 真的吗? |
[21:34] | Charlotte broke it off then and there. It would never work. | 夏绿蒂当场决定分手 他们绝不可能在一起 |
[21:37] | He was American classic, she was French country. | 他的风格是美式上流社会 她则属于法式乡村 |
[21:42] | Your friend never called like she promised. Why? | 为何你朋友从没打过电话? |
[21:47] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[21:53] | As I sifted through the rubble of my marriage skirmish, I had a thought. | 在婚姻战争的枪林弹雨中 我产生了一个想法 |
[21:57] | The war between marrieds and singles is like the war in Northern lreland. | 或许已婚与未婚者的冲突 就像北爱尔兰的战争一样 |
[22:02] | We’re basically the same, but we wound up on different sides. | 基本上我们是一样的 只是立场截然不同 |
[22:06] | It’d be great to have that one special person to walk home with, | 有另一半陪着走回家是很好 |
[22:10] | but sometimes there’s nothing better | 但有时候… |
[22:12] | than meeting your single girlfriends for a night at the movies. | 什么也比不过和单身女性朋友 一同看电影享受夜晚时光 |