时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | The most powerful woman in New York is not Tina Brown, | 纽约最有权势的女人 不是蒂娜布朗 |
[00:51] | or Diane Sawyer or even Rosie o’Donnell. | 或黛安索耶 也不是萝西欧唐纳 |
[00:54] | It’s the hostess at Balzac, | 而是巴尔札克餐厅 负责带位的接待员 |
[00:57] | which had become the only restaurant that mattered. | 那儿已成为唯一有分量的餐厅 |
[01:00] | We were there to celebrate the moment. | 我们也赶上了这股热潮 |
[01:02] | This is humiliating. We’ve been waiting for 45 minutes. | 这真是太侮辱人了 我们已经等了45分钟了 |
[01:06] | – I think I’m gonna faint. – Doesn’t she know who we are? | -我快要昏倒了 -难道她不知道我们是谁? |
[01:09] | Who are we? | 我们是谁? |
[01:10] | I own my own PR firm, you write a newspaper column. | 我有自己的公关公司 而你是报纸的专栏作家 |
[01:13] | This should not be happening. | 这种事不该发生的 |
[01:16] | I’m going back up there. | 我要过去找她 |
[01:19] | Hello, excuse me. Hello! We’ve been waiting 45 minutes. | 不好意思…借过 我们已等了45分钟了 |
[01:26] | Look, I’m not sure you understand, but I’m kind of somebody, | 听着,我想你不明白我的意思 我算是小有名气 |
[01:31] | and she’s definitely kind of somebody and we really need to eat now. | 她更是有头有脸的人物 我们真的很想立即用餐 |
[01:36] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[01:43] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[01:47] | – Give me a 20. – You must be joking. | -给我20块 -你开什么玩笑? |
[01:49] | Do you think I should make it a 50? | 你觉得需要50块吗? |
[01:51] | If I had $50 on me, do you think I’d give it to her? | 如果我有50块 你认为我会给她吗? |
[01:54] | She can’t do this to us. We’re leaving. | 她不能这么对我们,我们走 |
[02:01] | Let me tell you something, I was that woman ten years ago. | 我告诉你,十年前我跟她一样 |
[02:04] | But I wielded my power in a benevolent manner. | 但我不会这样趾高气扬 |
[02:07] | Can we please talk about this over lunch somewhere else? | 可以等我们找到地方 吃午餐时再谈吗? |
[02:10] | Somewhere like New Jersey, where we might actually get seated? | 譬如说像新泽西那种 一定有位子的地方吗? |
[02:12] | Do you realize if she were a man, | 你搞清楚,如果她是个男人 |
[02:15] | not only would we be eating right now, but they’d be sending over free drinks. | 我们现在不止有东西吃 他们还会自动送上免费饮料 |
[02:19] | Listen, I know a great Thai place around the corner | 听着,我知道转角有一家 很棒的泰国菜 |
[02:22] | where the owner’s son always sends over a complimentary mee krob. | 老板的儿子每次都会 附赠泰式炒面 |
[02:25] | How sad. Do you think we can get it to go? | 真可悲 你想我们可以外带吗? |
[02:27] | A short time later, Samantha headed back to her office, | 不久,莎曼珊回她的办公室 |
[02:31] | while I decided to investigate this theory I had about shopping | 而我决定去验证一个关于购物 |
[02:35] | as a way to unleash the creative subconscious. | 能激发写作灵感的理论 |
[02:39] | All right, I’m gonna take them. | 好,我就要这双 |
[02:41] | I was already planning on returning them when… | 当我心中正盘算将鞋子退还… |
[02:44] | Miss? | 小姐? |
[02:48] | They told me to do that, and now they want to talk to you. | 他们叫我这么做 麻烦你听一下电话 |
[02:51] | – Scusa. That won’t be necessary. – God! I don’t believe it! | -借过,没这个必要 -天啊,我真不敢相信 |
[02:58] | – When did you get to town? – Just yesterday. | -你什么时候到的? -昨天才到 |
[03:02] | – Darling, you look fantastic! – I can’t let you do this. | -亲爱的,你美极了 -我不能接受你的好意 |
[03:06] | of course you can, and you can pay me back never. | 你当然可以,别客气 |
[03:09] | Besides, it’s on Carlo. | 再说,是卡罗付的钱 |
[03:13] | – When did you two…? – About two months. | -你们两个什么时候… -大约两个月了 |
[03:16] | His family own this gigantic ranch in Argentina. | 他的家族在阿根廷 |
[03:18] | Very, very wealthy. He has a tiny little penis, | 拥有一座大农场,非常有钱 虽然他那话儿小得不得了 |
[03:22] | but he knows exactly how to use it. Wave, darling, wave. | 但他掌握了绝妙的使用方法 挥挥手,亲爱的 |
[03:29] | It’s very nice of you, but I can’t accept these. | 你真好,但我不能接受 |
[03:31] | of course you can! | 当然可以 |
[03:33] | When have I ever given you a birthday or Christmas present? | 我几时送过你生日或圣诞礼物 |
[03:37] | You’re like a sister to me, yet I never see you. | 你就像是我的姐妹 虽然我们并不常见面 |
[03:43] | Truth was, we’d only met a few times. | 事实上我们只见过几次面 |
[03:45] | Most people would classify Amalita as Euro-trash, I thought she was fun. | 大多数人将艾玛莉塔归类为 欧洲享乐派,我觉得她很风趣 |
[03:50] | Call me. I’m staying at The Four Seasons with Carlo. | 跟我联络 我和卡罗住在四季饭店 |
[03:53] | Don’t you live in the city? I’m a citizen of the world. | -你在这里没有置产吗? -我四海为家 |
[03:57] | A citizen of the world, darling. Now take the shoes, we’ll talk soon. | 亲爱的,我四海为家 鞋子拿着,我们再找时间聊聊 |
[04:01] | – I can’t do this. – of course you can! | -我不能收 -你当然可以 |
[04:05] | Go, go, amore. | 快走吧,亲爱的 |
[04:11] | I couldn’t understand a word she was saying, | 她说的话我一个字也听不懂 |
[04:13] | but I had in my possession | 但我了解的意大利文已经足够 |
[04:15] | all the ltalian I’d ever need to know. | |
[04:17] | Dolce, Dolce, Dolce. | 那就是杜嘉班纳… |
[04:19] | While at home, all the English I seemed to encounter | 回到家里,映入眼帘的英文字 |
[04:23] | was bills, bills, bills. | 全是“帐单” |
[04:25] | I envied Amalita. | 我羡慕艾玛莉塔 |
[04:26] | Her life was a blur of rich men, | 她的生活由有钱人、名牌服饰 |
[04:28] | designer clothes and glamorous resorts. | 以及迷人的度假胜地交织而成 |
[04:31] | She didn’t actually work for a living, yet possessed a dazzling sexual power | 她不需要工作赚钱 却靠着自身魅力 |
[04:34] | that she exploited to her full advantage, | 发挥得淋漓尽致 |
[04:37] | which presented a certain conundrum. | 这便浮现了一个问题 |
[04:40] | Where’s the line between professional girlfriend | 究竟称职的女友 和以当女伴为专职 |
[04:42] | and just plain professional? | 两者之间的界线是什么? |
[04:45] | Women have the right to use every means to achieve power. | 女人有权不择手段获得权力 |
[04:49] | – Short of sleeping their way to the top. – Not if that’s what it takes to compete. | -除了上床之外 -如果必要又有何不可 |
[04:53] | – But that’s exploitation! – of men, which is perfectly legal. | -那是一种剥削 -对男人,这完全合法 |
[04:57] | Saturday night, in an effort to save money, | 周末夜,为了节省开支 |
[05:00] | and maybe even pick up a few extra bucks, | 也许还可以赚点小钱 |
[05:02] | – I invited the girls over for poker. – I’ll buy two. | 我邀请她们到家里打牌 |
[05:05] | I’m in for three. | -我出二张 -我三张 |
[05:07] | So you advocate a double standard. | 你根本是双重标准 |
[05:09] | Women can use their sexuality to get ahead whenever possible, | 女人可以随时用性往上爬 |
[05:13] | but men should not be allowed to take advantage of it? | 男人却不该被允许这么做? |
[05:15] | I’m just saying that men and women are equal opportunity exploiters. | 我只是说男人和女人 均享有同等的机会 |
[05:19] | What if you sense that someone is giving you a professional advantage | 如果你发现 有人因觉得你很迷人 |
[05:23] | – because they find you charming? – Charming? | 而让你在工作上占到便宜呢? |
[05:28] | This I got to hear. | -迷人? -这我倒要听听了 |
[05:30] | A few days ago, Neville Morgan, the notoriously reclusive painter, | 几天前,声名狼藉的隐居画家 纳维耶摩根 |
[05:35] | paid a visit to the gallery. | 来画廊参观 |
[05:38] | Neville was making his yearly pilgrimage to Manhattan | 纳维耶正在曼哈顿 进行他的年度观摩 |
[05:40] | to check out what was new and hot on the art scene. | 看看艺术界有何新的热门作品 |
[05:43] | And he found it… | 而他发现了…夏绿蒂 |
[05:45] | Charlotte. | |
[05:46] | It was only a matter of moments before he invited her | 他邀请她去郊区的农场 参观其最新力作 |
[05:49] | to his farm upstate to view his latest work. | 不过是时间早晚的问题 |
[05:51] | So, if I could get him to show at the gallery, | 如果我能让他答应 在画廊举办展览 |
[05:54] | it would be an incredible coup, but what if he wants me to… | 这将是个了不起的成就 但若他要我… |
[05:57] | – You know – Hold his brush? | -你知道的 -帮他口交? |
[06:01] | If he so much as suggests what she’s suggesting, | 若他真如她所暗示 对你提出这种要求 |
[06:04] | you give me a call and we’ll sue the hell out of him. | 你给我一通电话 我们绝对告到他身败名裂 |
[06:06] | That’s the only proper way to trade sex for power. | 那是唯一用性来交换权力的 合理方法 |
[06:08] | I can’t believe what I’m hearing. | 真不敢相信我所听到的 |
[06:10] | You’re like the Harvard Law Lorena Bobbit. | 你的语气就像是萝瑞娜巴比特 |
[06:14] | It’s Skipper, I told him I was here and he insisted on picking me up. | 是史奇普,我跟他说我在这里 他坚持要来接我 |
[06:18] | But he’s not supposed to be here ’til 1 1 . | 但他应该11点才到 |
[06:21] | – He’s like a sweet little seal pup. – That you sometimes want to club. | -他真像个体贴的小男人 -但有时候欠揍 |
[06:29] | – You’re an hour early. – I can wait in the hall. | -你早到一小时 -我可以在大厅等 |
[06:33] | – Skipper, come in. – It’s all right. I’m leaving anyway. | -史奇普,进来吧 -没关系,反正我也要走了 |
[06:38] | You guys have cleaned me out. Goodnight, ladies. | 你们这些家伙把我给榨干了 再见 |
[06:43] | Charlotte, keep me posted. | 夏绿蒂,随时让我知道情况 |
[06:51] | A couple of hours later, I was looking forward to an early night, when… | 几个小时后 我正打算早点睡,却… |
[07:00] | – Hello? – Carrie, you bitch, what are you doing? | -谁啊? -凯莉,你在干嘛? |
[07:04] | Actually, I’m getting ready to go to sleep. | 老实说我正准备上床睡觉 |
[07:06] | Why don’t you come and join us? We’re at Balzac, | 你何不来找我们? 我们在巴尔札克餐厅 |
[07:09] | and there is someone here I’m dying for you to meet. | 我迫不及待想介绍你 认识一个人 |
[07:13] | I’d love to, but I’m really trying to cut back. You know, pinch a few pennies. | 我很想去,但我要省着点花 你知道,得开始节衣缩食了 |
[07:17] | You are crazy, you know that? | 你疯了,你知道吗? |
[07:20] | Why don’t you just come down here and be your fabulous self? | 你何不来找我们 开心地快活一番? |
[07:23] | The truth was, I could barely afford that either. | 问题是,我连那也负担不起 |
[07:26] | I rationalized that my new shoes | 但我为自己找了藉口 |
[07:28] | shouldn’t be punished because I can’t budget. | 我的新鞋不该因为我入不敷出 而受惩罚 |
[07:31] | – Hi. – Sorry, you’re not on the list. | -你好 -抱歉,你不在名单上 |
[07:34] | I don’t need a list. My friends are already in. | 我不需要登记 我朋友已经在里面了 |
[07:37] | Darling, what took you so long? | 亲爱的,怎么这么久? |
[07:43] | You won’t believe what Carlo bought me | 你一定不相信今天下午卡罗 |
[07:46] | this afternoon at Van Cleef and Arpel. | 在梵克雅宝买了什么给我 |
[07:51] | – That’s gorgeous. – $1 2000. | -好美 -价值一万两千块 |
[07:57] | Listen, I want you to come and meet the world’s most fabulous man! | 我想介绍你认识 全世界最帅的男人 |
[08:01] | – Sounds like a trendy sideshow act. – You’re crazy! | -听来像时下流行的余兴节目 -你真疯狂 |
[08:08] | I’d like you to meet my boyfriend, Carlo, and his friend Gilles. | 你来见见我男朋友卡罗 以及他朋友吉尔 |
[08:16] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你们 |
[08:19] | Gilles is an architect from Paris. | 吉尔是一位巴黎的建筑师 |
[08:22] | – How long are you here? – Just a couple of days on business. | -你要在这里待多久? -只来这里出差几天 |
[08:27] | I’ve told Gilles all about you. | 我跟吉尔谈了很多你的事 |
[08:30] | I told him you’re the most beautiful, | 我跟他说你是全纽约 |
[08:32] | talented, fascinating woman in New York. | 最漂亮、最有才华的美女 |
[08:35] | And single. How is this possible? | 而且还是单身贵族 这怎么可能? |
[08:39] | I get it. You’re an architect and a comedian. | 我知道了 你是建筑师兼喜剧演员 |
[08:43] | – I don’t understand. – I’m just being un peu stupide. | -我不明白 -我只是说傻话 |
[08:51] | You? Never. | 你?绝不可能 |
[08:53] | I suddenly recalled my weakness for gorgeous French architects. | 我突然意识到自己对于迷人的 法国建筑师毫无招架之力 |
[08:57] | Can I get anyone something else? | 还需要什么吗? |
[09:02] | – Would you like another bottle of wine? – Wonderful. | -要不要再开一瓶酒? -好极了 |
[09:07] | And what will the rest of you be having? | 那其他人还想来点什么? |
[09:12] | During the next couple of hours, I put my journalistic skills to good use. | 接下来的几个小时 我拿出新闻工作者的看家本领 |
[09:16] | I discovered that Gilles was recently divorced with a daughter, | 我打听到吉尔最近刚离婚 |
[09:20] | who lived with her mother in Paris. | 他的女儿和前妻住在巴黎 |
[09:22] | He was passing through New York on his way to Brazil | 纽约之行后他还要前往巴西 |
[09:25] | to supervise construction of a new hotel. | 为一家新旅馆监工 |
[09:27] | I think you’re too beautiful to be a writer. | 你太漂亮了,不可能是个作家 |
[09:30] | I think you’re too charming to be an architect. | 你太迷人了,不可能是建筑师 |
[09:33] | I think you should give up your life and move with me to Paris immediately. | 我认为你应该抛下一切 马上跟我一起搬到巴黎去住 |
[09:37] | I thought you were spending the next six months in Brazil? | 你不是要在巴西停留六个月? |
[09:39] | – You can join me there first. – Don’t tempt me. | -你可以先陪我一起去 -别诱惑我 |
[09:43] | I’m so broke, I might take you up on that just to save in rent. | 我现在手头很紧 很可能会为了省租金而答应你 |
[09:48] | – Writing does not pay well? – No, it does it’s just… | -写作酬劳不好吗? -不,很不错,只是… |
[09:54] | I have this little substance abuse problem. | 我对某个东西上了瘾 |
[09:58] | Expensive footwear. | 昂贵的鞋子 |
[10:05] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[10:06] | I’m only here for the weekend, but I’d love to see you tomorrow, | 我在这里仅这个周末 而我明天很想见你 |
[10:12] | maybe you could show me the town. | 也许你可以带我游览这个城市 |
[10:15] | – You’ve never been to New York? – About 1 2 times. | -你以前没来过纽约? -来过12次了 |
[10:18] | But I’ve never seen it with someone like you. | 但从没和一个 像你这样的可人儿一起观光 |
[10:23] | You really have that certain je ne sais quoi, don’t you? | 你的确有某种 难以言喻的魔力对吧? |
[10:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:32] | And so do you. | 你也是 |
[10:37] | So… | 那么… |
[10:39] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – Goodnight. | -明天见 -晚安 |
[10:43] | Bonsoir. | 晚安 |
[10:49] | Sure, I saw some red flags – | 我当然看到了一些警讯 |
[10:51] | divorced, French, and almost uncomfortably handsome. | 离过婚的法国人 而且英俊得令人无法抗拒 |
[10:56] | But I felt like I was floating on air. | 但我感觉浑身飘飘然 仿佛在云端上 |
[11:07] | The next morning, I was brought back down to earth | 翌晨,我回到现实 |
[11:09] | as I confronted that eternal puzzle – | 面对着永恒无解的难题 |
[11:12] | a closet full of clothes, nothing to wear. | 满柜子衣服却不知该穿哪一件 |
[11:17] | Just a minute! | 等一下 |
[11:20] | – Who is it? – It’s Skipper. | -是谁? -我是史奇普 |
[11:24] | Hey! | 是你 |
[11:26] | – I’m sorry, I should go. – No Skipper, come on in. | -对不起,我还是走好了 -不,史奇普,快进来 |
[11:30] | What is it? | 什么事? |
[11:32] | It’s Miranda, she’s got me totally whacked. It’s like I’m obsessed. | 米兰达把我弄得筋疲力尽 我好像迷恋上她了 |
[11:37] | And I know that I shouldn’t be, | 我知道这样让她胃口尽失 |
[11:39] | because I sense it’s totally turning her off. | |
[11:41] | But I can’t control it, I can’t. | 但是我控制不了自己 |
[11:45] | It’s like she’s got this power over me and I’m helpless. | 仿佛我被她吃定了似的 我却无计可施 |
[11:50] | Keep going, I have to get dressed, all right? | 继续说,我得换衣服,好吗? |
[11:53] | Is it possible to be addicted to a person? | 有可能对一个人着迷吗? |
[11:56] | The sex is so awesome, that it’s like all I can think about. | 我们的性生活棒呆了 我满脑子都是那档事 |
[12:01] | I’ve never considered myself… | 以前我从不认为自己… |
[12:04] | You know, a horn-dog before, | 你知道,这么性致勃勃 |
[12:06] | I’m worried I might be starting to scare her off. | 我担心这样下去会把她吓跑 |
[12:09] | Well, is that what she said? | 她这么说吗? |
[12:10] | We just have sex in the afternoon. She never lets me spend the night. | 我们只在下午做爱 她从不让我过夜 |
[12:17] | Well, I have an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[12:20] | Why don’t the two of you just spend a night together and not have sex? | 你们两个何不试试 一起过夜却不做爱? |
[12:27] | That would be hard. Really hard. | 那太困难了 |
[12:30] | I think it’s important that you try. | 我觉得去尝试一下很重要 |
[12:34] | I don’t even shower afterwards. I like to spend the whole day | 我办完事后甚至不洗澡 |
[12:38] | smelling like Miranda. | 我喜欢一整天身上都有 米兰达的味道 |
[12:50] | I began to fear that Miranda’s sexuality | 我开始担心米兰达的魅力 |
[12:52] | was overpowering poor Skipper. | 对可怜的史奇普而言 太过强势了 |
[13:02] | Later, I spent the most incredibly romantic afternoon with Gilles. | 稍后,我和吉尔共度了一个 最浪漫的午后时光 |
[13:16] | I felt like I had landed in a Claude Lelouch film – | 我感觉仿佛坠入 克劳德雷路许的电影中 |
[13:21] | a man and a slightly neurotic woman. | 一个男人 和一个有点神经质的女人 |
[13:33] | Wait, wait. I kind of have this rule. | 慢着…我有个规矩 |
[13:38] | I don’t sleep with men I’ve only known a day. | 我不跟只认识一天的男人上床 |
[13:41] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[13:47] | I gave in. After all, it was already tomorrow in Paris. | 我投降了 毕竟在巴黎,这已经是明天了 |
[14:05] | You look so beautiful when you sleep. I didn’t want to disturb you. | 你睡梦中的样子好美 我不想吵醒你 |
[14:10] | – Are you leaving so early? – I’ve got a plane. | -你这么早就要走了吗? -我得赶飞机 |
[14:14] | – I’ll get up. – No, no. Stay in bed. | -我起来 -不,你躺着 |
[14:17] | order room service. Enjoy yourself. | 叫客房服务,好好享受 |
[14:25] | – I can just get dressed. – Relax… | -我可以起来穿衣服 -放轻松… |
[14:30] | – I’ll call you. – ok. | -我再打电话给你 -好 |
[14:35] | Bon voyage! | 一路顺风 |
[14:40] | As he walked away, it dawned on me | 他离去之后我才发现 |
[14:42] | that he didn’t have my phone number, and I didn’t have his phone number. | 他根本没有我的电话 而我也没有他的电话 |
[14:51] | But he had left me a note… | 但他留了张纸条给我… |
[14:58] | With a thousand dollars in cash! | 还附上一千元现金 |
[15:02] | ”Thanks for the beautiful day.” Must’ve been a helluva beautiful day! | “谢谢你给我美好的一天” 肯定美好到极点了 |
[15:06] | Well, it was. | 的确是 |
[15:07] | We had such a fantastic connection, then he leaves me money. | 我们相处非常愉快,性情相投 但他却留钱给我 |
[15:12] | I don’t understand. What about me screams whore? | 我不明白,他当我是妓女吗? |
[15:15] | – Besides the $1000 on the end table? – I can’t believe you dined at Balzac. | -除了桌上的一千块? -你竟然在巴尔札克用餐 |
[15:20] | I thought I ordered two eggs Benedict and one spinach omelet. | 我点的是两份松饼夹蛋 和一份菠菜蛋卷 |
[15:23] | – I’ll take the omelet. – We’ll pay for this ourselves, all right? | -蛋卷给我 -这些我们要自己付钱对吧? |
[15:28] | He said order anything. | 他说尽管点 |
[15:29] | Room service is one thing, but money… | 客房服务是一回事 但钱…万万不可 |
[15:32] | What are you getting so uptight about? | 你紧张什么? |
[15:35] | Money is power, sex is power, | 金钱就是权力,性就是权力 |
[15:37] | money for sex is an exchange of power. | 用钱换性只是一种权力的交换 |
[15:41] | Don’t listen to the dime store Camille Paglia. | 别听卡蜜尔佩格莉亚胡说八道 |
[15:43] | Should I take it as a compliment or an insult? | 我该把这当作无上的恭维 还是莫大的侮辱? |
[15:47] | Just take it, period. | 收下就对了 |
[15:49] | I can’t return it because he didn’t leave his phone number. | 我无法将钱退还给他 因为他没留下电话号码 |
[15:52] | He paid in full, what more is there to say? | 他已经全部付清了 |
[15:55] | Who is Amalita Amalfi anyway? | 还有什么话好说? 艾玛莉塔阿玛菲到底是谁? |
[15:58] | I’m concerned you’ve been drafted into a ring of high-class hookers. | 我担心你陷入 一伙高级妓女的圈套了 |
[16:01] | She isn’t a hooker. She’s like an international party girl. | 她不是妓女 她像是个国际玩伴女郎 |
[16:06] | She’s a hooker with a passport. Did you ever talk about money? | 那她是个持有护照的妓女 你们曾经谈过钱的事吗? |
[16:10] | No, I did allude to the fact that I was a bit cash poor these days. | 没有,不过我倒是提过 最近我手头比较紧 |
[16:15] | So maybe it’s supposed to be a loan? | 那么也许这是一笔借款? |
[16:17] | I don’t remember filling out an application. | 我不记得曾提出申请 |
[16:20] | Men give, women receive. It’s destiny. | 男人给,女人收 这是与生俱来的定律 |
[16:23] | Hello! Do you really mean that? | 你真的这么认为吗? |
[16:25] | That’s the argument men have been using | 那是自从盘古开天以来 |
[16:27] | since the dawn of time to exploit women! | 男人一直用来剥削女人的藉口 |
[16:30] | Guys! I’m gonna write the whole thing off as a bad date with a cash bonus. | 就让这件事到此为止,当作是 一次有现金红利的失败约会 |
[16:35] | You know, that salmon is really good. I think we should order another one. | 这鲑鱼美味极了 我觉得应该再多点一份 |
[16:39] | As I struggled with the dilemma of how to manage my new-found money… | 正当我烦脑该如何处理 那笔新发现的钱时 |
[16:44] | Charlotte arrived at the secluded Connecticut home | 夏绿蒂抵达画家纳维耶摩根 位于康乃迪克州的僻静住宅 |
[16:47] | of the painter Neville Morgan, in an attempt to secure his latest work. | 为的是获得他最新力作 独家展览的机会 |
[16:53] | Hi, welcome. | 你好,欢迎 |
[16:55] | Hi, I feel so privileged. Meeting you is the high point of my career. | 我觉得好幸运 和你会面是我事业中的高峰 |
[17:01] | Thank you. I’m surprised someone so young is familiar with my work. | 谢谢你,很惊讶像你这么年轻 竟然熟悉我的作品 |
[17:07] | Are you serious? I studied you in college! | 别开玩笑了 我大学时便研究你的画风 |
[17:10] | My God! | -我的天,真的很抱歉 |
[17:11] | – I apologize, I really do. – You’re much too modest. | -你太客气了 |
[17:15] | Here we are. Excuse me. | 就是这里,不好意思 |
[17:24] | The canvases you’re about to see are what I consider to be the apotheosis | 你将看到的油画是我心目中 |
[17:29] | of every great idea I’ve ever had. | 所有绝妙灵感的完美呈现 |
[17:32] | It’s the closest I’ve ever come to pure universal God force. | 此刻是我最接近 纯粹的全能上帝的力量 |
[17:40] | The cunt. | 女性的阴部 |
[17:44] | oh, my! | 我的天 |
[17:48] | – They’re very powerful. – Exactly! | -它们非常惊心动魄 -没错 |
[17:51] | The most powerful force in the universe. | 宇宙间最强大的力量 |
[17:57] | The source of all life, pleasure, and beauty. | 所有生命、欢愉和美的源头 |
[18:04] | That’s true. | 是的 |
[18:05] | I used to paint full nudes, but as I got older, I realized | 以前我画裸体画像 但随着年龄增长 |
[18:11] | that the truth was to be found only in the cunt. | 我发现只有在阴部 才能寻到真理 |
[18:15] | Charlotte hated the ”C” word, | 夏绿蒂不喜欢听到那个字 |
[18:18] | but Neville Morgan was not a man to be corrected. | 但纳维耶摩根是不容纠正的 |
[18:21] | Hi. I thought you might like something to drink. | 你好,我想你可能想喝点东西 |
[18:25] | – Charlotte, this is my wife, Gertrude. – It’s a pleasure. | -夏绿蒂,这是我太太姬楚 -幸会 |
[18:30] | – Lemonade and cookies? – Thank you. | -来点柠檬水和饼干? -谢谢你 |
[18:32] | Each of these portraits is of a woman who has touched my life. | 每一幅画都是曾经 走入我生命的女人 |
[18:39] | Incredible. | 真是大开眼界 |
[18:41] | I wonder, would you consider posing for me some time? | 我在想,不知你是否愿意 当我的模特儿? |
[18:46] | Me? I… | 我?这… |
[18:49] | Well… | 这… |
[18:51] | I’m very flattered. | 我受宠若惊 |
[18:55] | Excellent. So long as you’re here, I can sketch you this afternoon. | 太好了,既然你来了 今天下午我可以先画草图 |
[19:00] | I bet you have a beautiful cunt, dear. | 亲爱的 我敢说你的阴部一定很美 |
[19:04] | As Charlotte pondered how far she’d go for her love of art and the gallery… | 当夏绿蒂思量她对艺术的热爱 究竟能让她牺牲到什么地步… |
[19:11] | Another Saturday night, | 另一个周末夜 |
[19:13] | with my hooker money still burning a hole in my pocket, | 口袋里带着那笔 蠢蠢欲动的“夜度资” |
[19:16] | Samantha and I showed up at Balzac. | 我和莎曼珊 出现在巴尔札克餐厅 |
[19:18] | She reasoned that since I was there once, I was as good as in. | 她认为既然我曾进去过一次 从此便能通行无阻 |
[19:22] | I don’t understand. I made this reservation weeks ago, | 我真不明白 我几个星期前就订位了 |
[19:26] | and she’s already been here. | 而且她还曾经在这里用餐 |
[19:28] | – I’m sorry. – Is there a host that I might talk to? | -很抱歉 -找你们主管,我跟他说 |
[19:37] | I will snap her. | 我要把她劈成两半 |
[19:38] | I will put her over my knee and I will snap her like a twig. | 让她跪在我膝下 像折树枝般将她折成两半 |
[19:42] | I’m sorry. I’m hungry. | 对不起,我好饿 |
[19:45] | I’m going to go to the bathroom, and then we’re leaving, all right? | 等我去完洗手间 我们就离开这里好吗? |
[19:54] | Carrie! Ciao! | 凯莉 |
[19:57] | Come here! | 过来这里 |
[20:00] | They all looked so chic and glamorous, | 他们看起来全都既潇洒又迷人 |
[20:03] | part of me wanted to grab Samantha and make a run for it, | 一部分的我 想拉着莎曼珊转身就走 |
[20:06] | while another part… | 然而另一部分的我… |
[20:07] | Hi, how are ya? | 你好吗? |
[20:11] | I want you to meet Mario, Alan, Justine, and Peter. | 我希望你见见 马利欧、亚伦、贾斯汀和彼得 |
[20:16] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[20:18] | Mario’s family has a gorgeous palazzo on the Grand Canal in Venezia. | 马利欧的家族在威尼斯的 大运河边有幢豪宅 |
[20:23] | We’re all going there next week for the film festival. | 下星期我们都要去那里 参加电影节 |
[20:26] | – You should join us. – Absolutely. | -你应该跟我们一起去 -一点也没错 |
[20:29] | Bring your little laptop, write about it. | 带着你的手提电脑 把你的所见所闻写下来 |
[20:32] | You’d be mad not to go! | 你若不去一定是疯了 |
[20:35] | Carrie is one of the most fascinating, | 凯莉是全纽约最漂亮 |
[20:39] | talented and beautiful women in New York. | 最有才华的美女之一 |
[20:41] | – I have no doubt. – I’ve never been to Venice. | -这点无庸置疑 -我从没去过威尼斯 |
[20:44] | No! | 不会吧 |
[20:47] | Venice is the most beautiful, the most romantic city in the world. | 威尼斯是世界上 最美丽、浪漫的城市 |
[20:51] | Really? I heard it was sinking. | 真的吗?我听说它正在下沉 |
[20:57] | That’s why you must come immediately. | 那你就更应该去了 |
[21:00] | Before it’s all gone. | 在它完全消失以前 |
[21:03] | I couldn’t say I wasn’t tempted. | 我不能说我有没动心 |
[21:05] | I realized that I could leverage myself | 我发现我可以利用 杠杆原理举债经营 |
[21:08] | like the human equivalent of a sexy junk bond. | 就像投资一项性感的垃圾债券 |
[21:11] | I’d pariay that $1000 into a trip to Venice, | 我可以把那一千块拿来下注在 威尼斯之旅 |
[21:14] | into a nice piece of jewellery, a rich husband, followed by a richer divorce. | 精美的珠宝、有钱的丈夫 和离婚后的优越生活 |
[21:22] | Sorry, I have to say goodbye. I’m with a friend. She’s waiting for me. | 抱歉,我得道别了 我跟朋友一起来,她正在等我 |
[21:27] | What a pity. | 真可惜 |
[21:30] | Call me, I’m staying at the Carlyle with Peter. | 打电话给我 我和彼得住在卡莱尔饭店 |
[21:33] | – ok, ciao. – Ciao. | -好的,再见 -再见 |
[21:38] | Just because Venice was sinking | 威尼斯正在下沉 |
[21:40] | didn’t mean my morals had to go down with it. | 不代表我的人格也要跟着沦陷 |
[21:45] | And as for Gilles and the $1000, I figured there was nothing to be done. | 至于吉尔和那一千块钱 我想没什么好在意的 |
[21:49] | For better or worse, | 不管怎样 |
[21:51] | I had just established my rate for a one night stand. | 我已经为一夜情定好了价码 |
[21:56] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:57] | Then the most powerful woman in Manhattan asked me for a favor. | 曼哈顿最有权势的女人 |
[22:02] | Do you have a tampon? | 请我帮她一个忙 请问你有没有卫生棉? |
[22:05] | Sure! of course. | 当然有 |
[22:11] | Thanks a lot. | 谢谢 |
[22:18] | I never told Samantha the source of my new-found power. | 我没告诉莎曼珊 我新权力的来源为何 |
[22:22] | But from that moment on, | 不过从那时起 |
[22:23] | we never had a problem getting a table at Balzac again. | 我们再也不曾被挡在 巴尔札克餐厅门外了 |
[22:32] | A couple of weeks later, we were all there to celebrate Charlotte’s coup. | 几个星期后,我们聚在一起 庆祝夏绿蒂的成功 |
[22:36] | Hi. Excuse me, just a second. | 你好,不好意思,我们先走 |
[22:42] | – Are you number nine? – oh, my God, | -你是第九号吗? -我的天啊 |
[22:45] | – I am so not number nine. – Five. | -我才不是第九号 -第五 |
[22:50] | Yeah, right. | 才怪 |
[22:58] | It’s this, right? No? | 是这个吧?不是? |
[23:03] | Well…? | 那么是… |
[23:09] | Really? | 真的? |
[23:21] | They say a picture is worth a thousand words… | 有人说一幅画千言万语说不尽 |
[23:24] | But in this case… | 但面对这一幅… |
[23:26] | I was speechless. | 我哑口无言 |