时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | Two weeks ago I had my picture taken… | 两周前我去拍沙龙照 |
[00:50] | Look up. Good, good. | 看上面,很好… |
[00:59] | It was a promotional photo for my column | 这是为了替我的专栏做宣传 |
[01:01] | scheduled to run on the side of a bus. | 打算刊登在公车车身 |
[01:05] | I had misgivings. | 我相当紧张 |
[01:10] | Which were mollified when they said I could keep the dress. | 但他们安慰我 说我可以把宣传服带回家 |
[01:18] | Friday night. | 星期五晚上 |
[01:20] | In lieu of any actual social life of their own, | 莎曼珊、米兰达、夏绿蒂 为了帮我打点 |
[01:23] | Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte had all stopped by to live vicariously | 和大人物的首次正式约会 |
[01:27] | through my first official date with Mr Big. | 都牺牲了自己的社交活动 |
[01:30] | Carrie! | 凯莉 |
[01:34] | Honey it’s fabulous. Bravo! | 真是太美了 |
[01:37] | It’s tits on toast, baby. | 这件衣服很暴露 |
[01:39] | But you make it work. | 但是穿在你身上很好看 |
[01:41] | It’s the ”naked dress”. | 这件衣服若隐若现 |
[01:43] | You’re obviously gonna have sex with him tonight. | 你显然打算今晚和他上床 |
[01:45] | – It’s our first date! – She’s just gonna look like sex. | -我们才第一次约会 -她的穿着完全透露了渴望 |
[01:49] | – That’s right, I’m just the trailer. – Please, if it happens, it happens. | -没错,今天只是预告 -拜托,会发生的事就会发生 |
[01:54] | – Bottoms up. – Wait a second! | -加油 -等一下 |
[01:56] | If you’re serious about this guy, you can’t sleep on the first date. | 如果你在乎对方 就不会第一次约会就跟他上床 |
[01:59] | oh, God. Here she goes again with The Rules. | 老天,又是“约会守则” |
[02:02] | The women who wrote that book, couldn’t get laid. | 写那种书的女人 就是因为找不到上床的对象 |
[02:05] | They constructed this whole bullshit theory | 所以才发明这种狗屁理论 |
[02:07] | to make women who can get laid feel bad. | 好让找到上床对象的女人难过 |
[02:09] | If you’re serious about a guy, | 如果你在乎对方 |
[02:11] | keep him waiting for at least five dates. | 就要让他等到五次约会之后 |
[02:14] | – oh, you’ve gone up. – Yes. | -你已经约会五次了 -对 |
[02:16] | The number of dates that you wait to have sex is proportional to your age. | 等做爱的约会数目 应该和年纪成正比 |
[02:22] | Forget the math, don’t fuck on a first date, you’re fine. | 别管数目字 反正首次约会不要做 |
[02:25] | – Third date. – Too soon! | -第三次约会 -太快了 |
[02:27] | A guy can just as easily dump you if you fuck him on the first date | 要是第一次约会和对方上床 他会甩了你 |
[02:31] | – as he can on the 10th. – When have you been on a 10th? | 那第十次同样有可能 等到第十次会如何? |
[02:35] | – By then you’re emotionally involved. – Exactly! | -到时你早就付出真情了 -没错 |
[02:38] | Isn’t it better to find out if the sex is good | 心碎之前先看性趣合不合 |
[02:41] | before anybody’s feelings get hurt? | 不是比较好吗? |
[02:43] | – It’s ok to feel hurt. – And you handle that so well! | -心碎无所谓 -你一向擅长控制情绪 |
[02:46] | – There is a case for restraint. – When did you become a Victorian? | 她就是懂得自我克制的人 你何时变成维多利亚时代的人? |
[02:50] | The Victorians valued romance. | 维多利亚时代注重浪漫的感觉 |
[02:53] | True romance cannot exist without good sex. | 没有鱼水之欢 就不算真正的浪漫 |
[02:56] | And yet you can have good sex with someone you don’t respect. | 和自己不在意的人 也可以有鱼水之欢 |
[03:00] | or even remember. | 或过后就忘的人 |
[03:03] | All right, well, ladies I’m just going to dinner. | 好了,各位,我要去吃晚餐了 |
[03:06] | – Goodnight. – Goodbye, have fun. | -晚安 -晚安,好好玩 |
[03:10] | Bye! | 再见 |
[03:15] | Truth is I was dying to sleep with him. | 其实我想上他想疯了 |
[03:18] | But isn’t delayed gratification the definition of maturity? | 但成熟的定义 不是克制欲望吗? |
[03:31] | – interesting dress. – Meaning? | -真有趣的衣服 -什么意思? |
[03:34] | Interesting dress. | 真有趣的衣服 |
[03:54] | – Don’t worry. I can restrain myself. – So can I. | -别担心,我会克制自己 -我也是 |
[04:08] | I can’t be hemmed in by rules. I go with my emotions. | 我无法墨守规则 我一向照感觉行事 |
[04:11] | Some of the greatest romances of all time began with sex on the first date… | 有些伟大的爱情故事 也开始于头一次约会就上床 |
[04:16] | …I bet. | 我敢打赌 |
[04:19] | I will not be the first one to speak. | 一定不是我先开口 |
[04:21] | And if he never calls me again, I’ll always think of him fondly… | 要是他不打给我 我就把他想成… |
[04:25] | as an asshole. | 一个大混蛋 |
[04:27] | That was really… | 这真是… |
[04:30] | Can you believe we… on the first date? | 你相信吗? 我们第一次约会就… |
[04:35] | I mean, I didn’t plan that, you know. | 我没想到会这样 |
[04:41] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何? |
[04:49] | I thought it was pretty fucking great. But what do I know? | 我觉得棒呆了,我也不知道 |
[04:57] | You feel like getting some Szechwan? | 你想吃四川菜吗? |
[05:06] | Had Mr Big discovered my weakness for great sex and greasy Chinese? | 难道大人物发现我 喜欢做爱和中国菜? |
[05:11] | or was going out to dinner a diversionary tactic | 或者出去吃饭是调虎离山之计 |
[05:14] | to keep me from spending the night? | 以免我留下来过夜 |
[05:16] | Before I was able to completely indulge my paranoia… | 我还来不及思考就… |
[05:19] | It was my pal, Mike Singer. We’ve known each other for ten years, | 那是我的朋友麦可辛格 我们认识十年了 |
[05:23] | but never had sex, because we want to know each other for another ten. | 不过从没上过床 因为我们还想再维持十年友谊 |
[05:27] | – Hey! – Carrie, what are you doing here? | -你好 -凯莉,你在这里做什么? |
[05:32] | I’m with… I’ll tell you all about it later. | 我和…以后再告诉你 |
[05:36] | – You look great. – Not too naked? | -穿得真美 -不会太暴露吗? |
[05:40] | Just naked enough. | 刚刚好 |
[05:47] | Hi, I’m Carrie Bradshaw. I’m an old friend of Mike’s. | 我是凯莉布雷萧 是麦可的老朋友 |
[05:49] | I’m Libby Biyalick. It’s so nice to finally meet a friend. | 我是莉比碧亚利 总算遇到熟人了 |
[05:52] | – So, I’ll call you. – ok, great. | -我再打给你 -好 |
[05:56] | Well, have a good dinner. Nice to meet you. | -用餐愉快 -很高兴认识你 |
[06:00] | I left wondering why Mike didn’t want to introduce me to his date. | 不知麦可为何 不介绍我给他的女伴 |
[06:09] | That very same night, something absolutely amazing | 同一天晚上,有一件奇妙的事 |
[06:11] | happened to Miranda. | 发生在米兰达身上 |
[06:17] | oh, my God! I’m so sorry. | 老天,对不起 |
[06:20] | She met someone in gym class. | 她在体育课认识一个人 |
[06:24] | – Are you sure you’re ok? – I’m fine. | -你真的没事吗? -没事 |
[06:28] | So, what exactly about my head pissed you off? | 我的头哪里惹到你了 |
[06:31] | I wish there was something I could do. | 希望我能帮你做点事 |
[06:35] | You could buy me dinner sometime. | 你可以请我吃饭 |
[06:37] | And a CAT scan. | 还有断层扫描 |
[06:40] | His name was Ted Baker. 32, a sports medicine doctor | 他叫泰德贝克,32岁 是运动疗法医生 |
[06:44] | with an apartment overlooking the Natural History Museum. | 他的公寓可以看到 自然历史博物馆 |
[06:47] | Three prior serious relationships, none resulting in marriage. | 之前谈过三次恋爱 都没有结果 |
[06:53] | A kiss to make it better. | 亲一下会好一点 |
[06:56] | So, really, can I call you sometime? | 我可以打电话给你吗? |
[07:01] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:05] | He left a message on my machine when I got home. | 我回家时发现 他留了一通电话录音 |
[07:08] | – He wants to go out this week. – That’s fantastic! | -他约我本周出去 -真不错 |
[07:11] | No, it’s too quick. Maybe that kick in his head scrambled his brains. | 不,这样太快了 也许我把他脑袋踢糊涂了 |
[07:15] | No, too quick is sleeping with him on the first date. That’s too quick. | 不,第一次约会就上床才算快 |
[07:19] | You both got excited and you went for it. Stop blaming yourself. | 你们俩太兴奋,才会那么大胆 别责怪自己 |
[07:22] | No, I don’t blame myself, I blame the dress. | 我没责怪自己,都是那件衣服 |
[07:26] | The dress led me on, it had a life of its own. | 那件衣服唆使我 好像自己有生命似的 |
[07:29] | We went to this restaurant afterwards, you’ll never guess who I ran into. | 之后我们去那家餐厅 你绝对想不到我碰到了谁 |
[07:32] | – Who? – Mike Singer, on a date. | -谁? -麦可辛格,他在约会 |
[07:34] | – The whole world’s in love. – I’m not sure, I don’t know. | -全世界的人都恋爱了 -我也不确定 |
[07:37] | He was acting very weird. | 他的举止很奇怪 |
[07:39] | Like he didn’t want me to meet her or something. | 好像不希望我 看见他的女伴似的 |
[07:43] | What’s her name? | 她叫什么名字? |
[07:44] | Her name was Libby Biyalick. | 她叫莉比碧亚利 |
[07:46] | Mike told me everything | 我帮麦可在床具沐浴精品店 |
[07:48] | while I helped him pick sheets at Bed Bath And Beyond. | 挑选床单时,他告诉了我实情 |
[07:51] | – How long have you been seeing her? – A while. | -你认识她多久了? -一阵子 |
[07:55] | Is this a painful topic? | 你们有什么苦衷吗? |
[07:57] | It’s just, she’s not someone I date openly. | 我只是不和她公开约会 |
[08:00] | – Why, is she married? – No. | -为什么?她结婚了? -没有 |
[08:03] | – Is she a cousin? – No. | -是你的亲戚吗? -不是 |
[08:07] | The thing is, she’s smart, incredibly sweet, and the sex is great. | 她很聪明、非常温柔 技巧也很高超 |
[08:14] | She’s just not the one I see myself with. | 只是她不是我理想中的对象 |
[08:16] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[08:18] | It was about three months ago. | 那是三个月前的事 |
[08:21] | Mike had been dumped by Fiona Brooks, a cellist, | 麦可被大提琴家 |
[08:24] | who he was trying to forget as quickly as possible. | 费欧娜布鲁克甩了 他想尽快忘记她 |
[08:28] | They had both loved to cook, | 他们都喜欢烹饪 |
[08:30] | shopping for the week was a Saturday morning ritual. | 他如常在周六早晨 购买一周日用品 |
[08:33] | So he was feeling particularly vulnerable when… | 正当他伤心欲绝时… |
[08:37] | Care to try some aged sheep’s milk cheese from the Tyrolean Alps? | 想尝尝提洛尔羊乳酪吗? |
[08:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[08:48] | – It’s good. – It’s made by monks. | -真好吃 -是僧侣制作的 |
[08:51] | – Really? – Trappist monks. | -真的? -特拉普僧侣 |
[08:55] | Fresh goat cheese from the Napa Valley. | 纳帕谷的新鲜羊乳酪 |
[09:01] | It’s delicious. | 好好吃 |
[09:04] | L’Explorateur. It’s a triple cream from France. | 这是“探险家” 一种法国三层奶酪 |
[09:20] | Mike found himself very uninhibited. | 麦可发现自己忽然轻松起来 |
[09:25] | Since he didn’t think Libby was that gorgeous, there wasn’t any pressure. | 他觉得莉比不是绝色美人 因此自己毫无压力 |
[09:34] | Next morning, he woke up and felt at ease, very relaxed. | 次日早晨他醒来时 觉得很舒适自在 |
[09:39] | I’m a creative director of an ad agency but… | 我是广告公司的企划部经理 |
[09:43] | eventually I’d love to have my own shop. | 我希望以后能自己开店 |
[09:46] | I’d love to have my own shop, too. Well, cheese shop, I mean. | 我也希望以后自己开店 我是说乳酪店 |
[09:52] | She was one of the only women he’d ever met | 她是麦可所遇见的女人中 |
[09:54] | who he felt he could just be with. | 唯一让他觉得轻松自在的 |
[09:57] | – So what’s the problem? – Look, she’s not beautiful, | 究竟问题何在? 她长得不漂亮 |
[10:03] | we don’t have a lot in common. Most of her friends are in dairy. | 我们没有什么共通点 她大部分朋友都是同业人士 |
[10:08] | But she’s warm, and unpretentious and… | 但她很温暖、真诚,而且… |
[10:13] | it is the best sex I’ve ever had in my life. | 是我这辈子做过最美好的一次 |
[10:16] | What are you afraid of? What other people are going to think? | 那你怕什么? 其他人会怎么想? |
[10:19] | She’s not the right woman for me in the larger sense. | 按照一般的想法,她不适合我 |
[10:22] | So I keep her a secret. | 所以我不告诉其他人 |
[10:26] | I couldn’t decide whether Mike was being shallow or honest. | 我不知道麦可是 目光浅薄还是诚实 |
[10:31] | But the question nagged me for days. | 但我一直在思考这个问题 |
[10:34] | How many of us out there are having great sex | 有多少伴侣性关系美好 |
[10:37] | with people we’re ashamed to introduce to our friends? | 但却羞于向朋友介绍另一半? |
[10:41] | Have I ever had fabulous sex with someone I didn’t want to admit to? | 我有没有和自己不认可的人 享受过美好的性爱? |
[10:48] | Did I tell you about that jazz musician who lived with his mother in Queens? | 我是否告诉过你和妈一起住 皇后区的爵士乐手? |
[10:52] | – Yeah, Alex. – What about the window washer? | -有,叫亚历斯 -还有那个洗窗工人? |
[10:54] | The one who doesn’t wear any underwear? | 不穿内裤的那个? |
[10:57] | I met this gorgeous kid in Spy Bar last year. | 去年在间谍酒吧遇到的帅哥 |
[11:00] | He turned out to be in high school. | 结果他才读高中 |
[11:03] | Evidently, Samantha had had lots of sex, | 莎曼珊显然经验丰富 |
[11:06] | none of which was secret. | 每一次她都开诚布公 |
[11:08] | Fine, it just proves I’m not ashamed of anyone I’ve slept with. | 那只证明了 我不以这些上床对象为耻 |
[11:12] | ok, here it is. | 就是这张 |
[11:22] | oh, you look… | 你看来… |
[11:24] | Naked. | 很暴露 |
[11:25] | There it was, the dress that led me down the garden path with Mr Big. | 就是这件衣服诱使我 和大人物上床 |
[11:30] | – I shouldn’t be embarrassed? – No, you look fabulous! | -我不用感到尴尬? -不,你看来很美 |
[11:34] | There’s no such thing as bad publicity. | 恶名远播是最糟糕的事 |
[11:36] | You would say that, you’re a publicist. | 说得对,你是公关经理 |
[11:38] | We must go someplace fabulous | 我们应该找个适当的地方 |
[11:41] | where we can toast you, where the bus goes by. | 等公车经过,好好庆祝一番 |
[11:43] | – You can invite Mr Big. – No, I don’t think so. | -还可以请大人物来 -我觉得不好 |
[11:46] | I haven’t heard from him since we spent the night together. | 那天晚上过后我们就没联络了 |
[11:48] | Sweetie, forget about him. You’re going to be on the side of a bus. | 亲爱的,忘了他 你要上公车车身看板 |
[11:51] | Ten million men will be drooling over you | 每天早上上班时间 |
[11:54] | every morning on their way to work. | 会有一大票男人垂涎你 |
[11:56] | It’s the best personal ad I’ve ever seen in my life. | 这是我这辈子看过 |
[11:59] | Samantha had a particular knack | 最棒的个人广告 莎曼珊非常擅于 |
[12:01] | for turning a desperate situation into a hopeless one. | 将无助的情势变成绝望 |
[12:05] | Speaking of secret sex, did Charlotte ever tell you about the rabbi? | 谈到秘密性关系,夏绿蒂 |
[12:10] | The rabbi? | 有没有告诉你那个犹太教士? |
[12:11] | – Excuse me? – You know who I’m talking about. | -什么? -你知道我说谁 |
[12:13] | I cannot believe you’re interrogating me at work! | 你们居然打扰我工作 |
[12:17] | I’m sorry, it’s my fault. | 抱歉,是我的错 |
[12:19] | Anyway, he wasn’t a rabbi. He was a Hasidic folk artist from Brooklyn. | 他不是犹太教士 是布鲁克林哈什教传统艺术家 |
[12:24] | Close enough. | 差不多 |
[12:28] | Charlotte had seen Shmuel’s work, | 夏绿蒂欣赏过希谬的作品 |
[12:31] | and arranged to meet him at his studio. | 打算参观他的画室 |
[12:35] | These are outstanding, so much life. | 真特别的画,充满生命力 |
[12:39] | – You have a beautiful way with light. – Thank you. | -你把光影处理得很美 -谢谢 |
[12:51] | – Now this one is really special. – That’s my yeshiva. | -这一幅最特别 -是我读过的小学 |
[12:57] | I wanted to capture the exuberance of youth. | 我想捕捉青春的活力 |
[13:00] | Charlotte was intoxicated by his talent, strangeness, | 夏绿蒂为他的才华 异国风情以及 |
[13:05] | and the smell of his wool. | 身上羊毛织品的味道所吸引 |
[13:07] | Magical. | 真神奇 |
[13:15] | It was so sexy, so forbidden. | 真是激情禁忌的爱 |
[13:18] | Daddy’s little Episcopalian princess | 一位天主教派的公主 |
[13:21] | in the arms of one of God’s chosen people. | 躺在上帝选民的臂膀中 |
[13:25] | We would talk about art, sex and the Torah. | 我们谈论艺术 性爱和摩西五书 |
[13:29] | Why didn’t you introduce him to anybody? | 你为何不把他介绍给我们? |
[13:31] | I was embarrassed. | 我觉得好尴尬 |
[13:33] | I couldn’t really date him. And he couldn’t date me. | 我不会和他约会 他也不会和我约会 |
[13:37] | – What would people think? – lf the sex is good, who cares? | -别人会怎么想? -如果性趣相合,管别人怎么想 |
[13:41] | You can’t put this in your column. Promise! | 别把这事写在专栏里,你发誓 |
[13:44] | I promise. | 我发誓 |
[13:45] | Was secret sex the ultimate form of intimacy, | 秘密性爱是否因与世隔绝 保持纯洁的状态 |
[13:49] | since it existed in a pure state, exempt from the judgment of the world? | 而能成为 亲密关系的最终形式? |
[13:53] | or is it just another way to deny our feelings | 或者这只是否定 自己感情的一种方式 |
[13:56] | and emotionally compartmentalize our lives? | 好让这种感情 和真实生活区隔开来? |
[14:04] | – Hello? – Do you miss me yet? | -谁? -开始想我了吗? |
[14:06] | – Who is this? – How have you been? | -你是谁? -过得如何? |
[14:10] | Great. | 很好 |
[14:12] | Fabulous. Fantastic, actually, and you? | 太好了,那你呢? |
[14:15] | Well, at the risk of sounding trite, | 这样说可能太老套 |
[14:20] | – I can’t stop thinking about you. – I adore trite. | 我一直在想你 我喜欢老套 |
[14:27] | Listen, we should have a real first date. | 听我说 我们应该要真正约一次会 |
[14:30] | You know? The traditional American type. | 典型的美式约会 |
[14:33] | Dinner and a movie? | 吃晚餐,然后看电影? |
[14:34] | of course, knowing us, we’ll skip the movie. | 我们可以跳过电影 |
[14:37] | As long as we don’t skip dinner. | 只要不跳过晚餐 |
[14:41] | What a relief. I had just escaped the sex on the first date curse. | 真好,总算逃过 首次约会就上床的诅咒 |
[14:45] | That weekend, I was with a man | 那个周末我和他一起出去 |
[14:48] | whose name I wanted to shout from the rooftops. | 我真想把他的姓名公诸于世 |
[14:50] | Let me get this straight… | 我们把事情弄清楚 |
[14:52] | – Your picture is going to be on a bus. – That’s right. | -你的照片要刊登在公车上 -对 |
[14:57] | A cross town bus, or a downtown bus? | 是走城外的公车 还是走市内线的? |
[15:00] | The M2. It goes right down 5th. | -是M2线,走第五街那一班 |
[15:03] | That’s a good line. | -这条路线不错 |
[15:05] | I’m getting together a group of friends tomorrow afternoon to watch it go by. | 明天下午我要和朋友 一起看公车经过 |
[15:08] | I thought, maybe if you weren’t doing anything… | 如果你没事的话… |
[15:11] | Hey, how are you? | 你好吗? |
[15:13] | Hey, how are you? It’s good to see you. | 你好,真高兴见到你 |
[15:16] | – You remember Phyllis. – of course, Phyllis, how are you? | -你应该记得菲莉丝 -当然,你好,菲莉丝 |
[15:19] | – Everything good? – Yeah, everything’s dandy. | -一切都好吗? -都很好 |
[15:22] | Well, that’s what I hear. | 别人也这么说 |
[15:27] | – So, good to see you. – Good to see you again. | -很高兴见到你 -我也很高兴 |
[15:30] | Bye-bye, cheers. | 再见 |
[15:35] | – Who was that? – Some guy I skied with in Aspen. | -那是谁? -在亚斯本滑雪认识的 |
[15:38] | I didn’t understand. Had I become the invisible woman? | 我不懂 我突然成了隐形人吗? |
[15:43] | I tried not to let it bother me. | 我努力说服自己别烦脑这件事 |
[15:46] | I also tried not to let it bother me that he took me back to Fung Wa, | 他又带我去风华餐厅 我们第一次约会的餐厅时 |
[15:49] | scene of our post-coital dinner. | 我也努力说服自己别担心 |
[15:52] | I can’t make your party tomorrow. | 我明天无法陪你去 |
[15:54] | I wanted to introduce you to my friends. | 我想把你介绍给我朋友 |
[15:58] | Well, I’ll be home later if you miss me. | 如果你想我,我晚一点会在家 |
[16:01] | As I surveyed the room, | 我看着餐厅里面 |
[16:03] | I realized it smelled like a cheap date you don’t want anyone to meet. | 忽然觉得在这里约会很没尊严 大家都不想遇见熟人 |
[16:08] | I told Mr Big I was on a deadline and had to get home. | 我告诉大人物我要赶稿 必须回家了 |
[16:14] | – Hello? – Listen, I have a question. | -谁? -我有问题要问你 |
[16:16] | of all the restaurants in Manhattan, why take Libby to Fung Wa? | 曼哈顿那么多餐厅 你为何要带莉比去风华餐厅? |
[16:20] | It’s pretty obscure. Not much chance of seeing anybody I know. | 那里很幽暗,不容易遇到熟人 |
[16:24] | You mean, it’s a place men take women they don’t want to be seen with. | 你是说男人带不想介绍 给别人的女友去那家餐厅? |
[16:28] | Yes, it is perfect for that. oh, sorry. | 对,那是最适合的地方,抱歉 |
[16:32] | The evidence was mounting. | 证据越来越明显 |
[16:34] | Was it possible that I had become Mr Big’s secret sex girl? | 我是否变成大人物的 秘密性伴侣? |
[16:38] | The next morning, Miranda discovered a shocking sex secret of her own. | 次日早晨 米兰达发现了惊人的情色秘密 |
[16:43] | She had just spent a wonderful night with Ted, | 她刚和泰德度过愉快的夜晚 |
[16:45] | who had to leave early to catch a flight to DC for a spinal conference. | 他一早就得搭机到华盛顿特区 参加脊髓研讨会 |
[16:49] | – I can go home, it’s no big deal. – No, stay, it’s 6:00am. | -我可以回家,没关系 -不,留下,现在才六点 |
[16:56] | I’ll be back tonight. Want to do something? | 我今晚就回来,要约碰面吗? |
[17:00] | – I’d love to. – All right, I’ll call you at work. | -好 -我会打给你 |
[17:02] | Have a good flight. | 一路顺风 |
[17:11] | Miranda waited for the dead boIt to drop, | 米兰达一等到门关上 |
[17:13] | and then ransacked Ted’s apartment for pictures of old girlfriends. | 就搜查泰德的公寓 找前女友的相片 |
[17:23] | She was not at all prepared for what she found. | 她没想到会搜出这些东西 打屁股 |
[17:31] | Yeah? You feel your cock where it wants to be every night? | 是吗? 你的老二每晚都跑到别处去? |
[17:37] | Every night when you come home and everything’s done in the house… | 每天晚上你回到家 |
[17:42] | I don’t know what to do. | 家里都整理得干干净净… 我不知道怎么办 |
[17:45] | I can’t admit to finding this, but now I don’t know if I want to see him again. | 真不敢相信找到这种东西 现在我不想再看到他 |
[17:48] | How can you judge him until you spank him? | 你没打他屁股怎能妄加批评? |
[17:52] | – I’m only kidding. – But obviously this is what he’s into. | -开玩笑的 |
[17:57] | Maybe it’s just his fantasy life. | -他显然热衷此道 也许只是性幻想 |
[18:02] | Later, the cream of New York gathered to toast the maiden voyage of my bus. | 待会儿纽约的精英 就要向我的公车敬酒 |
[18:07] | – Where’s Mr Big? – He couldn’t make it. | -大人物呢? -他不能来 |
[18:10] | What do you mean he couldn’t make it? | 为何不能来? |
[18:12] | I don’t know, it’s a work thing. | 不知道,工作的事 |
[18:14] | – But this is your bus party! – I told you, you shouldn’t have… | -但这是你的公车宴会 -我说过你不该… |
[18:18] | No, never mind. | 算了 |
[18:19] | What? He’s not here because I slept with him on the first date? | 什么?我第一次约会跟他上床 所以他就不来了? |
[18:22] | Basically, yes. lf you sleep with a man on the first date, | 基本上没错 第一次约会就和对方上床 |
[18:26] | the relationship can’t be more than sex. | 双方的关系就仅止于性 |
[18:30] | I didn’t want to admit she was right. Here it comes! | -我不想承认,但她说得对 -公车来了 |
[18:34] | I just wanted to see my bus and get the hell out of there. | 我只想看看我的公车 然后马上离开这里 |
[18:38] | oh, shit. | 可恶 |
[18:40] | – Carrie, hi, did I miss it? – Hi, not yet, no. | -凯莉,我错过了吗? -没有 |
[18:44] | – I thought you were bringing Libby… – oh, yeah. | -我以为你会带莉比… -对了 |
[18:46] | I finally asked her to join me in public and she turns me down. | 最后我邀她和我公开露面 |
[18:49] | Why? | 但她拒绝我 为什么? |
[18:50] | She’s met somebody else, who doesn’t have my problems with intimacy. | 她认识了别人 对方没有像我一样的问题 |
[18:54] | – I’m sorry. – Quiet, here you come! | -真遗憾 -安静,车子来了 |
[19:09] | Don’t worry sweetie, don’t worry. | 别难过,亲爱的… |
[19:12] | Nobody in New York notices a bus until it’s about to hit them. | 纽约人不会注意公车 除非快被车撞 |
[19:16] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:19] | Meanwhile, Miranda spent another wonderful evening with Ted | 同时米兰达又和泰德 度过愉快的夜晚 |
[19:22] | and began to re-evaluate her options. | 并且重新考虑她的选择 |
[19:24] | That was one of the most amazing meals I’ve ever had. Thank you. | 这是我吃过最棒的一餐 谢谢你 |
[19:29] | My pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[19:32] | You know, I missed you today. | 我今天很想念你 |
[19:36] | You did? | 真的? |
[19:39] | I guess I’ve just been waiting all this time for a good kick in the head. | 我想我等人踢我的头等很久了 |
[19:43] | And I thought all you really wanted was a good spanking. | 我想你需要的是有人打你屁股 |
[19:47] | – Excuse me? – You heard me. | -什么? -你心知肚明 |
[20:01] | Ted didn’t take Miranda home that night. | 泰德那晚没带米兰达回家 |
[20:04] | He never took her calls or returned her messages. | 不再接她电话,也不回她留言 |
[20:08] | And she never saw him at the gym again. | 她再也没在健身房见过他 |
[20:13] | Very late that night, fuelled by a massive quantity of champagne, | 那天深夜我喝了很多香槟 |
[20:18] | I decided to say goodbye to Mr Big. | 决定去向大人物告别 |
[20:26] | I just came here to tell you that if you’re embarrassed or ashamed | 我来告诉你 如果你对我俩的关系 |
[20:30] | to be involved with me in any way, that we can no longer see each other. | 觉得尴尬或羞耻 那我们就不必再见面了 |
[20:34] | The truth is, I blamed myself. | 其实我责怪的是自己 |
[20:37] | I wore the naked dress on our first date, I slept with him too fast, | 我第一次约会就穿那么暴露 又太快和他上床 |
[20:41] | and now I’m on a 5th Avenue bus with a penis on my head. | 我挂在第五街公车的海报 还有个老二在头旁边 |
[20:47] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[20:49] | You won’t introduce me to your friends. | 你不介绍我给你朋友认识 |
[20:51] | You take me to that restaurant men use | 带我去那家专门让男人 |
[20:54] | for women they don’t want to be seen with. | 和不肯承认的女友吃饭的餐厅 |
[20:56] | You won’t meet my friends. | 不跟我朋友见面 |
[20:58] | You have me in a niche. Certain events, restaurants, certain people. | 把我藏起来,做特定的事 去特定的餐厅、见特定的人 |
[21:02] | Like I’m only a particular fragment | 好像我的条件不配当 |
[21:06] | of the kind of person you think that you should be dating. | 你应该约会的那种人 |
[21:11] | But I’ve only gotten to know a particular fragment. | 但我只看见事情的一面 |
[21:14] | Although, I’m beginning to know more. | 不过后来我知道了实情 |
[21:16] | No, this is not me. This is me reacting to your perception of me. | 不,这不是我 这是你对我的误解 |
[21:22] | oh, ok. | 好吧 |
[21:26] | Well… | 这个… |
[21:29] | I think Fung Wa’s is the best Chinese food in the city, | 我觉得风华是 市内最好的中国餐厅 |
[21:32] | so that’s why we went there. | 所以我们才去那里 |
[21:38] | The guy we met in the street, | 我们在街上碰到的人 |
[21:40] | I couldn’t remember his name, which possibly means I have Alzheimer’s. | 我忘了他的名字 我大概有老人痴呆症 |
[21:44] | So that’s what that was about. | 所以我才那样表现 |
[21:45] | And this afternoon I had courtside tickets to the Knicks, | 至于今天下午 我去看尼克队比赛 |
[21:51] | and that’s all folks! | 就是这样 |
[21:56] | I should have been jumping for joy, | 我本来应该高兴 |
[21:59] | but I only felt a hard knot of fear. | 但我只感到害怕 |
[22:03] | So you and me… | 我们之间… |
[22:07] | Maybe this is for real? | 你是真心的? |
[22:13] | Could be… | 有可能… |