时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | In a city of perfect people, | 在这个充满理想人物的城市里 |
[00:49] | no one was more perfect than Brooke. | 不会有人过得比布鲁克更完美 |
[00:54] | She was an interior designer | 她是个室内设计师 |
[00:56] | who only dated A-Iist guys. | 约会通常只有固定的阶层 |
[01:00] | For Brooke, every Saturday night | 对她而言周六的夜晚 |
[01:02] | was like the senior prom. | 就像是高中舞会 |
[01:08] | When she got married, we were dying | 因此当她结婚时我们都急着 |
[01:10] | to see which one had made the cut. | 看看是谁有这个能耐 |
[01:15] | Was I the only one who remembered that Brooke | 难道只有我记得她曾说过 |
[01:17] | once described this man as more boring than exposed brick? | 这个男人 无聊得像块砖头吗 |
[01:28] | It was your average $100,000 wedding. | 这是个花费约十万美金的 普通婚礼 |
[01:34] | Investment bankers and the women who hate them, | 来的有女人讨厌的银行投资客 |
[01:38] | classmates from Steiner, Dalton and Brown. | 还有斯坦纳高中的同学 戴尔顿和布朗 |
[01:42] | And us. | 再来是我们 |
[01:44] | We looked like The Witches of Eastwick. | 我们看起来真像四个老巫婆 |
[01:58] | A wedding this size always has two singles tables. | 这种规模的婚礼都会留两桌 给单身者认识的机会 |
[02:04] | We were at the other one. | 我们坐的是另外一桌 |
[02:09] | Hello. | 你好 |
[02:13] | Hi, I’m Bernie Turtletaub, friend of the groom. | 你好,我叫柏尼托德陶 是新郎的朋友 |
[02:19] | It was the turtle. A Manhattan legend, known for two things – | 那只乌龟也来了 他是曼哈顿的传奇 |
[02:22] | good investments and bad breath. | 以精准的投资和口臭闻名 |
[02:24] | My feet are killing me. | 我的脚快痛死了 |
[02:26] | – Here, sit down. – This outfit only works if I’m standing. | -快来坐下吧 -不,这衣服只有站着还能看 |
[02:31] | I think it works either way. | 我倒觉得换个方式看也不错 |
[02:34] | You know, I think I’m at that table over there. | 我的桌子在那边 |
[02:41] | Your friend is gorgeous. | 你的朋友真美 |
[02:44] | What do I have to do to get to know her better? | 我要怎么做 才能进一步认识她? |
[02:54] | Do you think the pears in this tart are Bosc or Bartlett? | 你想这个水果蛋糕里放的 是波斯克梨还是巴特利梨? |
[02:58] | Who cares? | 谁会管这些啊? |
[02:59] | Two hours later, we were bored. Supplies were dwindling, | 两小时后我们都觉得无聊透顶 |
[03:05] | and one of our passengers had jumped ship. | -菜也越上越少 -我们的一位船友甚至跳船了 |
[03:07] | Are we going to stick around and catch the bouquet? | 我们要不要过去抢捧花? |
[03:11] | That is so not going to happen. | 我们不可能结婚的 |
[03:13] | Bosc, they’ve got to be Bosc. | 这一定是波斯克梨 |
[03:22] | Can you believe I finally did it? | 你们相信我还是结婚了吗 |
[03:27] | You’re next! Bill’s got some great single friends. | 你是下一个 比尔有几个单身的朋友很不错 |
[03:35] | It’s better to marry someone who loves you more than you love them. | 嫁个爱你的人 比嫁个你爱的人要好多了 |
[03:45] | People are always telling me things I don’t want to hear. | 大家总爱说些我不想听的话 |
[03:48] | But this one crossed the line. | 但这次也实在太过分了 |
[03:52] | – Hey, did I wake you? – Not at all. | -我把你吵醒了吗 -没有 |
[03:55] | Question – why do people get married if they’re not in love? | 我问你,两个人既然不相爱 为何要结婚? |
[04:00] | I don’t know. Companionship, guilt… | 不知道 也许是需要伴侣、内疚 |
[04:04] | political asylum? | 或想寻求政治庇护吧 |
[04:06] | Why did you get married? | 那你为何结婚? |
[04:08] | – I was a fool in love. – That’s so sweet. | -我以前是恋爱中的傻子 -说得真好听 |
[04:12] | – Then I was a fool in divorce court. – And now you’re just a fool. | -后来成了离婚法庭里的傻子 -现在只是个傻子 |
[04:16] | Exactly. Which is why I’m never getting married again. | 完全正确 所以我绝对不会再婚 |
[04:21] | Suddenly, I had to concentrate on breathing. | 忽然间我开始全神贯注 听他的呼吸 |
[04:25] | – Are you in bed with someone? – No, are you? | -你的床上还有人吗 -没有,你有吗 |
[04:29] | Just three slices of wedding cake. Are you jealous? | 只有三块结婚蛋糕 你会吃醋吗 |
[04:32] | That depends. What are your plans for the frosting? | 视情况决定 你打算怎么处理那些糖霜? |
[04:35] | – Goodnight. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[04:40] | I hung up the phone, wondering, could I date a man who would never marry? | 挂上电话之后我就想… 我要和一个不婚的男人交往吗 |
[04:48] | Wow! A guy who doesn’t want to get married! Film at 1 1 ! | 一个不婚的男人 这简直是午夜级的电影嘛 |
[04:52] | – Don’t tell me you’re surprised. – You know who wants to get married? | -别告诉我你听了很惊讶 -你认识想结婚的男人吗 |
[04:55] | – Men who miss their mommies. – Maybe this wasn’t my target audience. | -我只认识会想老妈的男人 -看来她们不是我倾吐的对象 |
[04:59] | Am I the only one who thinks this is a major bummer? | 也许只有我讨厌结婚这件事吧 |
[05:02] | What if you spend five years with him, and have nothing to show for it? | 要是你和他在一起五年 了无新意了怎么办? |
[05:05] | I wasn’t thinking about marriage till he said I couldn’t. | 在他说这话之前我没想过婚姻 |
[05:08] | – Now it’s all I think about! – Just be cool, you don’t care. | -现在却满脑子都是这件事 -冷静点,你根本不在乎婚姻 |
[05:11] | Then he’ll wonder why you don’t and realize he does. | 他以后会纳闷你怎么不在乎 而他竟然比你还在乎 |
[05:15] | Then it’s another ball game. | 你们就可以重新比过了 |
[05:17] | So in your world, it’s always sixth grade? | 你一直搞这种六年级的把戏吗 |
[05:20] | I think that a relationship has to be based on honesty and communication | 我认为婚姻关系必须建立在 |
[05:24] | if it has any chance of succeeding. | 互信和沟通上 |
[05:26] | If you were 25, that would be adorable, but you’re 32, so that’s just stupid. | 若你还25岁这个想法是很可爱 但32岁还这么想就太蠢了 |
[05:32] | I can’t just ignore it, can l? | 我总不能对男人视而不见吧? |
[05:34] | What’s the big deal? in 50 years, men will be obsolete anyway. | 这有什么大不了的? 50年后男人就过时了 |
[05:38] | Already you can’t talk to them, you don’t need them to have kids, | 你不能跟他们聊天 也不需要他们来生孩子 |
[05:42] | you don’t even need them for sex, as I’ve just very pleasantly discovered. | 甚至不需要找他们燕好 这是我的最新发现 |
[05:46] | Sounds like somebody just got their first vibrator? | 看来有人买了第一支按摩棒 |
[05:49] | Not first, ultimate. And I think I’m in love. | 不是第一支,是最后一支 我觉得我爱上它了 |
[05:54] | Please, stop! This is so sad. | 别说了,这也太悲哀了吧 |
[05:56] | I’m not going to replace a man with some battery-operated device. | 我才不会用装了电池的器材 来取代男人 |
[06:00] | But you haven’t met ”the rabbit”. | 那是因为你没看过“兔子” |
[06:02] | If you’re going to get a vibrator, at least get one called ”the horse”. | 拜托,你既然要买个按摩棒 至少挑个叫“种马”的牌子吧 |
[06:05] | A vibrator does not call you on your birthday. | 按摩棒不会在生日上门找你 |
[06:08] | A vibrator doesn’t send you flowers. You can’t take it to meet your mother. | 也不会送你花 你总不能带它回家见你妈吧? |
[06:13] | I know where my next orgasm is coming from. | 我知道我的高潮点在哪里 |
[06:16] | Who here can say as much? | 你们有谁知道吗 |
[06:23] | That night, Samantha went on a date with a flesh and blood man, | 那天晚上莎曼珊与一个 活生生的男人出去约会 |
[06:27] | while the three of us sought furrier companionship. | 我们三个却跑去找另一种 伴侣关系 |
[06:30] | Ladies, I’d like you to meet the rabbit. | 两位,这就是“兔子” |
[06:35] | $92? | 美金92元? |
[06:37] | Please, think about the money we spend on shoes. | 拜托 我们都花多少钱买鞋子啊 |
[06:40] | I have no intention of using that. I’m saving sex for someone I love. | 我才不用这种东西 我要把性爱留给我爱的男人 |
[06:43] | Fantastic, is there a man in the picture? | 好极了,你有这号人物吗 |
[06:47] | Look. It’s so cute. | 你们看,它好可爱 |
[06:51] | I thought it’d be scary and weird, but it isn’t, it’s pink for girls! | 我还以为它一定会很古怪吓人 这是专为女人设计的粉红色 |
[06:56] | And, look, the little bunny has a face like Peter Rabbit. | 这只兔子还有张彼得兔的脸 |
[07:00] | Yeah, and it’s even got a remote. How lazy do you have to be? | 这里还有个遥控器 你想多懒就可以多懒 |
[07:05] | Later that night back at the briar patch… | 那天晚上当我回到家后… |
[07:09] | Wow. | 喔 |
[07:14] | Hello. | 哪位? |
[07:16] | You’re not going to believe the evening I’ve had. | 你绝对不信我今晚的遭遇 |
[07:24] | – Are you listening to me? – Yeah. | -你有听我说话吗 -有啊 |
[07:28] | Jerry, who Samantha met at Brooke’s wedding, | 莎曼珊在布鲁克的婚礼上 认识了杰瑞 |
[07:30] | took her to Lava, New York’s restaurant du jour. | 他带她到纽约的熔岩法国餐厅 |
[07:40] | From the moment I saw you at that wedding, | 当我在婚礼看到你时 |
[07:43] | I knew we’d be having dinner together. | 我就知道我们会一起晚餐 |
[07:45] | Well, aren’t you cocky? | 你也太自信了吧? |
[07:47] | I’m the kind of guy, I see something, | 我对这种事的直觉向来很准 |
[07:50] | I like it, I go after it. | 只要我喜欢就会急起直追 |
[07:54] | You sound like my kind of guy. | 我喜欢你这种人 |
[07:57] | Hold that thought, I’ll be right back. | -保持这种想法,我马上回来 -好 |
[08:08] | 10 minutes and a couple of cocktails later… | 十分钟后莎曼珊已喝了 |
[08:13] | Where the hell is he? | 几杯鸡尾酒 他上哪儿去了? |
[08:20] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[08:29] | He obviously had seen something else he liked and gone after it. | 他显然找到了急起直追的对象 |
[08:42] | Then, just when she thought her evening couldn’t get any worse… | 正当她认为这个晚上的情况 不可能再糟的时候 |
[08:46] | Samantha? Hey, Samantha! | 莎曼珊 |
[08:48] | It’s me, Bernie Turtletaub from the wedding. | 是我,柏尼托德陶 我们在婚礼上见过 |
[08:54] | – oh, right. – Are you here all by yourself? | -没错 -你是自己来的吗 |
[08:58] | – Well, sort of, I’m… – Sit down, join me! | -可以这么说,我是… -快来陪我坐吧 |
[09:06] | God, you look great! | 天啊,你真美 |
[09:08] | What Samantha needed now was a compliment from anyone. | 莎曼珊现在正需要 任何一个人的恭维 |
[09:19] | I can’t believe the synchronicity. I was just thinking about you! | 怎么会这么巧?我正在想你 |
[09:25] | So, do you like this shirt? My ex-girlfriend picked it for me. | 你喜欢这件衬衫吗 这是我的前女友帮我选的 |
[09:32] | Honey, no offence, but your breath… | 我无意冒犯,但是你的口气… |
[09:37] | I know. It’s these Chinese herbs I’m taking. For longer life. | 我知道,我有吃一种中药 吃了可以长寿 |
[09:42] | Well, with breath like that you’re gonna live a very long life, alone. | 有你这种口气绝对可以 孤独地活得很久 |
[09:49] | I killed the last woman who talked to me like that. | 上一个对我说这种话的女人 已经被我杀了 |
[09:54] | Samantha was impressed. The turtle had attempted a joke. | 莎曼珊大感意外 这只乌龟竟然还懂得幽默 |
[10:04] | once we get the breath under control, I’m taking him shopping. | 等我习惯他的口臭之后 我就带他一起去逛街 |
[10:08] | He’s a cute little fixer-upper. | 他还挺有可塑性的 |
[10:11] | Sweetheart, he’s a man, not a brownstone. | 拜托,他是个男人 不是建筑砂石 |
[10:13] | Honey, when I’m through with him, he’ll be Gracie Mansion! | 等我和他交往之后 他就会变成格雷西大厦 |
[10:19] | Samantha and the turtle? | 莎曼珊和乌龟交往? |
[10:21] | But then again, I’m dating a man who will never get married, | 我在跟一个不婚的男人来往 |
[10:24] | and Miranda is having a relationship with something that comes in a box. | 米兰达则是和一个 来自日本的机器难分难舍 |
[10:30] | In a city of great expectations, is it time to settle for what you can get? | 在这个充满期待的城市里 是否该厘清自己能掌握什么呢 |
[10:35] | I needed some answers. Later that week I met Brooke. | 我需要答案 几天后我遇到了布鲁克 |
[10:39] | Just back from her honeymoon, | 她刚度完蜜月回来 |
[10:41] | she was pre-occupied with marriage business. | 但这场蜜月却有如一笔生意 |
[10:44] | I’d like to return these. | 我想退还这些东西 |
[10:46] | Is there any way you can meIt them down into one decent gift? | 能不能用它们换个 好一点的礼物? |
[10:50] | His friends. | 是他的朋友送的 |
[10:52] | So, how is it being married? | 你的婚后生活如何? |
[10:55] | It’s fabulous, like an enormous weight has been lifted. | 好极了 就好像重了好几公斤 |
[10:59] | – And that’s a good thing? – What’s that supposed to mean? | -这是好事吗 -你这话是什么意思? |
[11:02] | It just means, you’re happy, with Allen, right? | 我只是想问你和艾伦快乐吗 |
[11:07] | – Yes, I’m happy. – Well, then I’m happy for you. | -我很快乐 -那我也为你高兴 |
[11:14] | Listen, I hope I didn’t give you the wrong idea. | 我希望这话不会误导你 |
[11:17] | I think Allen’s great. I just… I mean, he’s incredibly successful… | 我认为艾伦很不错,只是… 他的事业非常成功 |
[11:21] | We all think we’re Carolyn Bessette. | 我们都认为我们是卡洛琳巴塞 |
[11:24] | Then one day we’re happy just to have some guy who can play Frisbee. | 哪天我们却会很高兴遇到一个 会丢飞盘的人 |
[11:29] | – Look who’s here. Hey, you two! – What a small world! | -你看那是谁?你们好 -这个世界真小 |
[11:33] | I couldn’t believe it. It was the turtle, wearing Helmut Lang. | 我真不敢相信 乌龟竟然穿起了苏格兰裙 |
[11:38] | – Wow, he looks great. – Doesn’t he? | -他这身行头真帅 -是吗 |
[11:43] | – He twirls. – What do you think? | -他竟然在秀他的衣服 -还不错吧? |
[11:45] | – Fabulous! – He’s like a whole new person. | -太棒了 -他就像脱胎换骨了一样 |
[11:50] | – Don’t I have a three o’clock? – I’m taking him to Bliss for a facial. | -我三点是不是还有事? -对了,我要带他做脸部按摩 |
[11:54] | – See you later. – Bye. | -回头见 -再见 |
[11:56] | oh, I have to run, too. I’ll call you. | -我也得走了,我再打给你 -好 |
[12:00] | Smart girl. She seems happy. | 她很聪明,她看起来很快乐 |
[12:04] | Samantha left with the turtle. Brooke left with a better gift, | 莎曼珊和乌龟一起离开 布鲁克也带着新的礼物走了 |
[12:08] | and I left wondering if everyone in Manhattan was settling. | 我却在想曼哈顿的人 是否都定下来了 |
[12:13] | My Zen teacher told me that there was nothing like yoga to quiet a busy mind. | 我坐禅的师父告诉我瑜珈 最能平静骚动的心 |
[12:18] | Just as I had reached the moment of no thought… | 正当我到达放空的境界时… |
[12:20] | – I think I broke my vagina. – Am I pulling too hard? | -我的阴道破了 -我拉得太用力了吗 |
[12:23] | No, metaphorically I mean, with the rabbit. | 我只是打个比方 我指的是“兔子” |
[12:26] | You’ve been using it? | 你已经开始用了? |
[12:28] | Yes. I’m scared if I keep using it, I won’t enjoy sex with a man again. | 没错,我怕要是继续用下去 以后就无法和男人燕好 |
[12:32] | Why? | 为什么? |
[12:33] | Well, have you ever been with a man, and he’s doing everything | 你是否曾遇过一个 对你体贴入微的男人 |
[12:38] | and it feels good but somehow you just can’t manage to… | 你和他在一起感觉很棒 但你却没办法… |
[12:42] | – Come? – Yeah! | -高潮? -对 |
[12:45] | Well, it’s weird ’cause with the rabbit, it’s like every time, boom! | 可是我和兔子就不同 我每次都能高潮 |
[12:49] | And one time, I came for five minutes. | 有一次我还来了五分钟 |
[12:53] | Charlotte honey, it’s not illegal. | 夏绿蒂,这又不犯法 |
[12:54] | No man ever did that. I mean I’m scared, what am I gonna do? | 没有男人做得到 我好怕,我该怎么办? |
[12:58] | Well, you could still enjoy sex with a man and the rabbit. | 你还是可以找男人和兔子 享受鱼水之欢 |
[13:02] | No, I’m done with it. That’s it. I’m never going to touch that thing again. | 没办法,我已经用过了 以后我绝不再碰那玩意 |
[13:11] | oh, I’ve got to cancel on the ballet tonight. | 我今晚不能去看芭蕾舞剧了 |
[13:15] | – Why? – I’m, expecting a… | -为什么? -因为我在等… |
[13:20] | a phone call. A long distance phone call. Transatlantic. | 一通大西洋彼岸的长途电话 |
[13:23] | Charlotte could never tell a decent lie. I knew an addict when I saw one. | 夏绿蒂永远不擅长说谎 有人上瘾绝逃不过我的法眼 |
[13:28] | God I love Sleeping Beauty! The music, the sets, the costumes! | 天啊,我好爱睡美人 它的音乐、场景、服装… |
[13:33] | It’s so romantic! | 都浪漫极了 |
[13:35] | You like it cos she sleeps for 100 years and she doesn’t age. | 这是因为她睡了100年 却一点也不老 |
[13:38] | I invited Stanford to the ballet. I knew he was available. | 当晚我请史丹佛去看芭蕾舞剧 因为我知道他有空 |
[13:42] | Hey, Stanford, cute, huh? | 史丹佛,他们很可爱对吧? |
[13:45] | I’ve had it with the whole gay scene. It’s so competitive. | 我真不想看到别的男同志 |
[13:50] | You won’t believe what happened to me last week… | 太竞争了 你绝不相信我上星期的遭遇 |
[13:52] | Evidently Stanford, tired of bars and blind dates, | 他显然厌倦了酒吧和盲目约会 |
[13:56] | decided to place a personal ad. | 才决定刊登广告 |
[13:59] | He scheduled a rendezvous with the only respondent | 他和唯一回覆的人约好 |
[14:02] | on a cold, Sunday afternoon. | 在寒冷的周日午后见面 |
[14:06] | 20 minutes and three false alarms later, | 20分钟内他表错了三次情 |
[14:09] | Stanford was ready to call it quits. | 于是他便宣告放弃 |
[14:12] | – Stanford? – Yes. | -史丹佛? -我是 |
[14:17] | Sorry, this is not gonna happen. | 抱歉,我们不可能有发展的 |
[14:24] | It’s so brutal out there. | 外面的世界太残酷了 |
[14:26] | Even guys like me don’t want guys like me. I don’t have that gay look. | 连长相和我相当的都看不上我 我的样子根本不适合当同性恋 |
[14:31] | I don’t know, you look pretty gay to me. | 这倒不尽然 我就觉得你挺帅的 |
[14:34] | – Come on, maybe it’s just a phase. – Puberty is a phase. | -也许你只是时运不济 -青春期只有一个阶段 |
[14:38] | 15 years of rejection is a lifestyle. | 15年饱受拒绝 会成为一种行为模式 |
[14:41] | Sometimes I think I should just marry a woman and get all the money. | 我有时会想干脆娶个女人 拿了钱就算了 |
[14:46] | Is there a cash prize? | 有人用钱奖励你结婚吗 |
[14:48] | My grandmother gives everyone in the family their inheritance | 没错,我奶奶会在每个子孙 |
[14:51] | when they get married. | 婚后分他一份遗产 |
[14:53] | – She doesn’t know you’re gay? – She doesn’t believe in gay. | -她不知道你是同性恋? -她不相信有同性恋 |
[14:56] | Really? Big doesn’t believe in marriage. | 是吗?大人物也不相信婚姻 |
[14:59] | Maybe you should propose to me and we’ll all live happily ever after. | 也许你应该向我求婚 我们就能快乐的过日子了 |
[15:02] | You really do want it all. | 你还真是贪心 |
[15:04] | I don’t know. Maybe nobody gets it all. | 也许没有人能样样兼得吧 |
[15:06] | Though, you do have a point. | 不过你说的有道理 |
[15:10] | We’re best friends, we make each other laugh… | 我们是好朋友 又能逗彼此开心 |
[15:13] | – We both sleep with men! – You know, this is not a bad idea at all. | -我们都和男人睡觉 -这个主意真的不赖 |
[15:18] | – Well, actually, I was kidding. – I’m not, think about it. | -我是开玩笑的 -我可不是,你想想看 |
[15:22] | Who else would keep you in expensive shoes and encourage you to cheat? | 谁能供你买昂贵的皮鞋 又鼓励你欺骗他? |
[15:27] | Now you’re talking! | 有道理 |
[15:28] | Friday at the ballet with a man who shared my passion for men in tights. | 周五晚上我和一个男人分享 我的情欲和紧身裤的芭蕾舞者 |
[15:34] | Saturday afternoon in bed with a man who shared my passion for passion. | 周末下午却与一个男人 分享我的热情 |
[15:38] | Maybe there was such a thing as having it all. | 也许世上真有样样兼得的好事 |
[15:42] | What’s that smile about? | 你在笑什么? |
[15:47] | I got a marriage proposal last night. | 昨晚有人向我求婚 |
[15:51] | Really? From whom? | 真的?是谁? |
[15:55] | A very handsome, witty, young man about to come into his inheritance. | 一个英俊诙谐 又将继承一笔遗产的年轻人 |
[16:01] | oh, I see. Anyone I know? | 原来如此,我认识他吗 |
[16:05] | Actually his name is Stanford, Stanford Blatch. | 他叫史丹佛,史丹佛巴勒奇 |
[16:10] | – I thought he was gay. – He is. | -他不是男同性恋吗 -没错 |
[16:18] | Should make for an interesting column. | 这下你的专栏又有主题可写了 |
[16:22] | What are you going to do about sex? | 你打算怎么解决性的问题? |
[16:24] | I have you. | 我有你啊 |
[16:33] | I guess you’ve got it all figured out, Mrs. Blatch. | 看来你都计划好了 巴勒奇太太 |
[16:39] | The more he mocked me, the more convinced I became | 他越是嘲笑我 |
[16:42] | that this idea was genius. | 就越让我觉得这方法可行 |
[16:47] | Miranda and I planned to join Charlotte for a gallery opening when… | 当晚我和米兰达决定和夏绿蒂 参加一个画廊的开幕酒会 |
[16:57] | – Hello. – Carrie, it’s Charlotte. | -哪位? -凯莉,是我夏绿蒂 |
[17:00] | I’m really sorry but I’m going to have to cancel. | 抱歉,我得取消今晚的约会 |
[17:03] | Yeah, I’m totally wiped out. | 我被彻底摧毁了 |
[17:07] | Wiped out? That was Charlotte speak for, | 摧毁?这是夏绿蒂的说法 |
[17:10] | ”I’m spending the night with my vibrator.” | 意思就是 “我要和我的按摩棒共度今晚” |
[17:13] | But you guys have fun, though. | 祝你们玩得愉快 |
[17:15] | There was only one thing to do – a rabbit intervention. | 现在只有一个办法 就是阻止那只兔子 |
[17:19] | Come on, let’s go. | 该出发了 |
[17:22] | ok, where is it? | 它在哪里? |
[17:23] | – What are you talking about? – The rabbit, give us the rabbit. | -你在说什么? -把兔子交出来,夏绿蒂 |
[17:27] | Hey, it’s a vibrator, it’s not like it’s crack. | 拜托,那只是个按摩棒 又不是古柯碱 |
[17:33] | Charlotte, you hid the rabbit behind a stuffed rabbit! | 夏绿蒂 你竟然把它藏在兔娃娃后面 |
[17:38] | That is so you. | 你太夸张了 |
[17:39] | You have a lot of nerve coming in here. You made me get it. | 你们竟然还敢闯进来 这可是你劝我买的 |
[17:42] | I thought you could handle it. | 我以为你能处理得很好啊 |
[17:44] | It’s no big deal. I’d rather stay home with the rabbit than go out with men. | 这又没什么,我只是想留在家 省得出去应付男人嘛 |
[17:51] | All right, you’re right. I’ll go get dressed. | 好吧,你们说得对 |
[17:56] | With a little help from her friends, | 我去换衣服 藉由我们这帮好友的帮助 |
[17:58] | Charlotte decided that she wasn’t going to settle for herself. | 她终于决定不自己解决需要 |
[18:03] | While Samantha was doing everything in her power to remake the turtle | 莎曼珊用尽一切方法 |
[18:06] | into a man she could fall in love with. | 将乌龟改造成她会喜欢的典型 |
[18:09] | – How’s your dinner? – Questionable. | -晚餐还可口吗 -好奇怪 |
[18:12] | I can’t figure out whether the mushrooms are shiitake or chanterelle. | 我吃不出这是松菇 还是酒杯蘑菇 |
[18:17] | Definitely not porcini. | 绝对不是猪菇 |
[18:20] | Maybe they’re wood ear. | 或许是木耳 |
[18:24] | Maybe it doesn’t matter. | 或许没那么重要吧 |
[18:28] | My God, they’re trompettes! | 天啊,这是喇叭菇 |
[18:31] | It was then that Samantha realized that even with all her effort, | 这时候莎曼珊才了解到 即使她费尽心机 |
[18:35] | he was still just the turtle in black. | 他仍然是个无可救药的乌龟 |
[18:38] | You know, I’m not feeling very well. I think I’ll have to send myself home. | 我突然觉得不太舒服 我还是先回家好了 |
[18:47] | I’ll call you. | 我再打电话给你 |
[18:55] | Excuse me. Do you like this shirt? | 小姐,你喜欢这件衬衫吗 |
[18:58] | My ex-girlfriend picked it. | 是我的前女友为我挑选的 |
[19:03] | After 1 2 phone calls and three emails, | 在通过12通电话 和三封电子邮件之后 |
[19:06] | Stanford badgered me into at least meeting his grandmother. | 史丹佛缠着我一定要 见他的奶奶 |
[19:09] | – I love that suit you’re wearing. – Designed by Coco Chanel herself. | -我好喜欢你这身套装 -这是香奈儿亲手设计的 |
[19:15] | Seriously? | -真的吗 |
[19:17] | Grandmother’s had that suit for 40 years. | -奶奶这件套装买了40年了 |
[19:19] | It still fits. It never goes out of style. | 现在还是很合时宜 从来没过时 |
[19:22] | I have it in blue, black, pink… | 我有蓝、黑、粉红… |
[19:26] | – And eggshell! – Exactly. | -还有乳白色的 -没错 |
[19:29] | – Stanford tells me you’re a writer. – Yes, I have a column in The Star. | -史丹佛说你是个作家 -对,我为星辰日报写专栏 |
[19:35] | I was a career woman many, many years ago. | 多年前我也是个职业妇女 |
[19:37] | But I gave it up to have children. | 后来为了生孩子放弃了 |
[19:42] | oh, wow! Is this you? | 这是你吗 |
[19:46] | Not a bad looking girl. Don’t you think? | -长得还不错吧? -当然 |
[19:49] | Doesn’t she look exactly like Deborah Kerr in An Affair To Remember? | 她是不是很像北非谍影里的 黛博拉卡尔? |
[19:54] | She does. | 没错 |
[19:56] | oh, my God! This has to be Stanford. You’re the same person. | 我的天,这一定是史丹佛吧 |
[20:01] | ok, that’s enough. oh, come on, this is fun. | 你一点都没变 -够了 |
[20:03] | I had no idea you had such a big family. | -有什么关系嘛 |
[20:06] | And how about you, honey? Do you want a family? | 我从不知道你有个大家族 你呢?你想要一个家庭吗 |
[20:09] | As I looked around at all the memorabilia and family photographs, | 当我看着那些家族的纪念照 |
[20:14] | the faces of brides and grooms, children and grandchildren, | 新郎、新娘、子子孙孙时 |
[20:18] | I realized… | 我突然了解到… |
[20:20] | Yes, I do. | 我愿意 |
[20:22] | Stanny, be a dear. Go in the kitchen and get me some matches. | 史丹佛,乖孙子 |
[20:26] | of course. | 到厨房去帮我拿几根火柴来 好 |
[20:33] | I love my Stanford. He’s a very sweet boy, but you know, he is a fruit. | 我很爱史丹佛,他是个好孩子 |
[20:39] | I realized that the only thing Stanford would inherit from his grandmother | 但他却是个男同性恋者 这时我才了解到史丹佛 |
[20:44] | was her collection of Chanel suits. | 能从他奶奶那里继承的… 是她的香奈儿套装 |
[20:49] | Salt… Yeah. | 盐巴 |
[20:52] | That night at dinner, I knew I would have to break the news to Mr. Big. | 那天晚餐时 我知道我得向大人物坦白 |
[21:04] | – What do you think? – I do want to get married someday. | -怎么样? -我总有一天要结婚的 |
[21:09] | Maybe not today but… | 或许不是今天,但是… |
[21:11] | I can’t date somebody that won’t. You know, what’s the point? | 我不能和一个不婚的男人交往 |
[21:16] | Definitely too much salt. | 盐加得太多了 |
[21:21] | I mean, it’s all in the timing. | 时间的拿捏很重要 |
[21:24] | You gotta brown the garlic before you put in the onions, | 大蒜得煮烂再把洋葱丢下去 |
[21:29] | know what I mean? | 你懂我的意思吗 |
[21:31] | I thought we were having fun. | 我觉得我们处得很愉快 |
[21:46] | It’s bitter, but it definitely has possibilities. | 好多了 不过还有改善的空间 |
[21:51] | You got a little bit of sauce on your… | 你的嘴唇上沾了点酱汁 |
[21:56] | My Zen teacher also said the only way to true happiness | 我坐禅的师父曾经说过 想得到真正的幸福 |
[22:00] | is to live in the moment and not worry about the future. | 只有活在当下,别去想未来 |
[22:06] | of course, he died penniless and single. | 后来他死的时候既未结婚 又身无分文 |