时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | Let’s be honest. | 我们打开天窗说亮话 |
[00:48] | Sometimes there’s nothing harder, | 有时候要为别人感到高兴 |
[00:50] | than being happy for somebody else. | 真不是件容易的事 |
[00:53] | Like lottery winners | 比如说,乐透彩得主 |
[00:54] | or extremely successful people who are 27. | 或某个27岁的成功人士 |
[00:59] | And then there’s that hell | 而最痛苦的就是 |
[01:01] | that only your friends can inflict on you… | 连朋友的鸡毛蒜皮小事 都要麻烦你… |
[01:06] | …the baby shower. | 新生儿的送礼会 |
[01:08] | You couldn’t drag me there with a grappling hook. | 你不能把我五花大绑拖去参加 |
[01:12] | Frankly, I think it’s sad. She’s using a child to validate her existence. | 老实说,蛮可悲的 她得用孩子来证明自己的价值 |
[01:16] | Exactly. Why can’t she just use sex and cocktails, like us? | 没错,她为何不学学我们 利用性和酒来证明自己 |
[01:20] | I’m happy for her. | 我为她感到高兴 |
[01:22] | If I see another paper stork, I’m gonna rip its beak off. | 如果我再看到罐鸟 肯定撕烂它的嘴 |
[01:26] | Would any baby shower bother you or is this one worse because it’s Laney’s? | 你是讨厌送礼会? 还是讨厌兰妮办的? |
[01:39] | Laney Berlin. You can’t describe her. You just had to know her. | 你无法用言语形容兰妮柏林 只能亲身体会 |
[01:45] | Chances are eight years ago, you probably did. | 那是八年前的事 你可能也在场 |
[01:49] | So help me. She fucks on my couch. She buys it. | 饶了我吧 若她在我沙发上搞,就得买下 |
[01:54] | That’s how you got the couch from me. | 你就是用这招买下我的沙发 |
[01:56] | – Laney, show us your tits! – No. Give it a rest. | -兰妮,让我们看一下咪咪 -拜托,少来了 |
[01:59] | You guys have seen enough of my tits. | 你们还没看够吗? |
[02:03] | Tits! Tits! Tits! | 咪咪… |
[02:06] | Laney did A and R for a record label | 兰妮的记录辉煌 |
[02:09] | or as she used to call it – sex with an expense account. | 可能就像她自己说的 为了性,而付出惨重代价 |
[02:12] | Every time she went on a scouting trip, | 她只要一从童子军营回来 |
[02:14] | she came back with some hot new group | 就会带些新东西回家 |
[02:17] | and a rare gynecological condition. | 像是不常见的妇女病 |
[02:20] | Those things make so many public appearances, | 现场这么多人围观 |
[02:22] | they need a booking agent. | 她应该请个经纪人才对 |
[02:28] | Look at her! The poster girl for low self-esteem. | 看看她 自信心不足的海报女郎 |
[02:31] | I have low self-esteem but I express it the healthy way | 我自信心也不足 但我用健康的方式来满足自己 |
[02:35] | – by eating a box of double stuff oreos. – She’s so sad. | 吃一大盒的欧瑞尔饼干 她真可悲 |
[02:40] | Take it off! | 脱… |
[02:44] | Samantha and Laney had a long-standing rivalry. | 莎曼珊和兰妮 是长久以来的死对头 |
[02:47] | Both wild, both sexy. Both incredibly insecure. | 两人都性感狂野 也都缺乏安全感 |
[02:52] | Two years ago, Laney did the most shocking thing of all. | 两年前兰妮做了一件 惊天动地的事 |
[02:57] | She met a Wall Street investment banker, married him, | 她遇到华尔街的投顾专家 闪电结婚 |
[03:00] | and moved to Connecticut. | 搬到康涅狄格州 |
[03:02] | That wasn’t supposed to happen. | 事情怎么会这样? |
[03:04] | She was supposed to have sex with Sid Vicious and move to heroin. | 她应该和席得维休斯上床 而染上毒瘾 |
[03:09] | Come on, it’ll be fun. We’ve never visited her in Connecticut. | 应该很有趣 反正我们没去过康涅狄格州 |
[03:13] | – There’s a reason for that. – Lyme disease? | -但这不是理由 -怕得到莱姆关节炎? |
[03:15] | – That’s another good one. – It’s a baby shower. | -这理由不错 -是怕送礼会 |
[03:18] | No, it’s a cult. | -不是,是怕仪式 |
[03:19] | It’s a cult? What are you talking about? | -仪式?你说什么? |
[03:22] | They all think and dress the same | 出席的人都穿得一成不变 |
[03:25] | and sacrifice themselves to the same cause : babies. | 而她们的共同目标 就是将一生奉献给…孩子 |
[03:28] | – She’s insane. – I’ve lost two sisters | 她哪根筋不对? |
[03:31] | to ”The Motherhood”. I know what I’m talking about. | 我有两位姐姐已变成妈妈辈 我知道那种情况 |
[03:34] | We should go, it’s the right thing to do. | 我们应该去,这样才对 |
[03:36] | – Give me one good reason. – ok. | -说个好理由 -好 |
[03:39] | You’re driving down the road, you see a sign, it says two-headed snake. | 你不能把车开到路中间时 看到标示写着“前有两头蛇” |
[03:43] | You pull over. Wild Laney is having a baby shower, you pull over. | 就打退堂鼓 就像兰妮要办送礼会一样 |
[03:48] | She’s got a point. It’s the right thing to do. Just imagine how fat she must be. | 她说得没错,我们应该去 去看看她臃肿肥胖的模样 |
[03:54] | As I penciled in the date, I noticed something missing. | 当我写行事历时 我发觉到有件事不对劲 |
[03:58] | In between the Versace show and dinner at Moomba, | 在凡赛斯服装秀 和到蒙巴餐厅用餐之间 |
[04:02] | there it wasn’t – my period – four days late! | 有件事漏了 我的月事晚了四天 |
[04:08] | That Saturday, also known as seven days late, | 到了星期六就足足晚了一星期 |
[04:11] | four city girls set off to visit the country mice. | 四个时髦入时的女人 要去看位乡巴佬了 |
[04:14] | Are we there yet? | 到了没有? |
[04:18] | I’ve already had two of these, so we’re gonna be stopping a lot. | 我已经喝了两杯 我们停太久了 |
[04:22] | Hey, nice outfit. Is there gonna be belly dancing at the shower? | 真漂亮 要在送礼会上跳肚皮舞? |
[04:25] | Yeah, right after the gifts. | 对,送完礼物后 |
[04:28] | Shit! I totally spaced. I forgot to buy her a present. | 可恶,我完全昏头了 忘了买礼物 |
[04:32] | How tacky is it to give the mother-to-be a fistful of cash? | 送大把现金给准妈妈 会不会太奇怪? |
[04:35] | Don’t worry you can go in on mine. | 别担心,你可以和我一起送 |
[04:38] | You bought a pregnant woman a bottle of Scotch? | 你送瓶威士忌给孕妇? |
[04:41] | – The invitation said BYoB. – That meant bring your own baby. | -我是照她说的 -就是带自己的宝贝一起参加 |
[04:45] | – What did you get her? – Condoms. | -你送什么? -保险套 |
[04:48] | – Seriously, what’d you get her? – Seriously. They’re pastel. | -说真的,送什么? -蜡笔 |
[04:53] | Guys, wait, wait. | 各位,等我 |
[04:55] | Hey, guys, wait for me. | 等一下 |
[04:57] | oh, my God. Look at the size of that thing. | 天啊,看她拿那么大的婴儿篮 |
[05:00] | – We can drive that to Connecticut. – I’m putting my name on that card. | -这样能开到康涅狄格州? |
[05:04] | All right. | -也算我一份 出发了 |
[05:12] | Does anybody know how to drive? | 有人会开车吗? |
[05:19] | As I turned the mid-sized coupè on to Hollyhock Lane, | 当我把中型跑车开进蜀葵巷时 |
[05:23] | I was struck by how a place so filled with nature could look so unnatural. | 对周遭满是自然美景的房子 却感到很不真实 |
[05:36] | oh, Toto. I don’t think we’re in Manhattan anymore. | 真不是盖的 这里可不是曼哈顿了 |
[05:42] | Her house is beautiful! And look at her dog! | 房子美呆了,还有小狗 |
[05:47] | Hey, boy, come here, boy. | 过来,乖 |
[05:50] | Come here, boy. | 过来 |
[05:56] | – Why didn’t he come? – invisible electric fencing. | -它怎么不过来? -隐形的电墙 |
[06:00] | It’s the latest thing. My sister has it. | 新发明,我姐也有 |
[06:03] | ok. Ready girls? | 上场了 |
[06:06] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[06:13] | Charlotte, sweetie, don’t forget our gift. Come on. | 夏绿蒂,别忘了你的礼物,快 |
[06:29] | Look at you, you’re huge. | 看看你,真是庞大 |
[06:32] | Isn’t it great? I can eat anything I want. Jealous? | 很棒吧?现在我可以尽情大吃 嫉妒吧? |
[06:35] | Come on in. Come in. | 快进来 |
[06:39] | Brigid, Roxanne, these are my friends from the city. | 布里姬,萝克珊 她们是城里来的朋友 |
[06:42] | – Hi. – We didn’t think you’d make it. | -你们好 -还以为你们到不了 |
[06:44] | We got lost. We took the wrong bridge. | 我们迷路了,走错桥 |
[06:46] | Remember that feeling like if you left Manhattan even for a second, | 还记得住在曼哈顿时的感觉吗 |
[06:50] | – you’d fall off the edge of the earth? – God, don’t remind me. | 只要一离开曼哈顿 就好像完全迷路了 天啊,没错 |
[06:53] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[06:54] | oh my God, it’s the Bellini baby basket. | 天啊,是贝里尼的婴儿篮 |
[06:59] | Everybody it’s the Bellini baby basket. | 各位,是贝里尼的婴儿篮 |
[07:03] | Speaking of Bellini’s, I’m gonna have a big drink. | 说到这个 我可打算要狂欢畅饮一番 |
[07:08] | Jealous? | 嫉妒吧? |
[07:11] | Is she still bar hopping and bed hopping? | 她还是到处夜夜笙歌 和人上床? |
[07:15] | It’s so sad, isn’t it? When that’s all you have. | 真可悲,她也只能那样 |
[07:18] | – This is Rebecca. – Hi. | -这是瑞贝嘉 -你好 |
[07:21] | – Susan. – Hello. | -苏珊 -你好 |
[07:23] | Mindy, don’t get up, sweetheart. | 明蒂,别站起来 |
[07:25] | She’s doing this in vitro thing. She’s not supposed to move at all. | 她快生了,不适合乱动 |
[07:30] | And that’s Betsy and her boy, Harry. They’re inseparable. | 这是贝茜和哈利 母子俩形影不离 |
[07:33] | They do everything together. We call them our old married couple. | 任何事都一起做 我们戏称他们就像对老夫老妻 |
[07:36] | It’s not really that funny now that Betsy and her husband are getting divorced. | 但令人难过的是 贝茜和先生正在办离婚 |
[07:40] | Laney, we need you. | 兰妮,来一下 |
[07:43] | So, all I have to do to meet the ideal man is give birth to him. | 现在我们只须等这个完美小子 赶快出生就好 |
[07:48] | I love my son. Andy’s 1 1 months old. | 我好爱我儿子,安迪11个月大 |
[07:52] | He is a god and I tell him so every day. | 他就像上帝一样 |
[07:57] | 30 years from now, what do you think the chances are | 我每天对着他说话 活到三十而立的年纪 |
[08:00] | that a woman’s gonna be able to make Andy happy? | 你觉得有哪个女人 能令安迪觉得快乐? |
[08:03] | I’m gonna go with zero. | 答案是“没有” |
[08:09] | It’s adorable. | 好可爱 |
[08:12] | – Look at that Charlotte. – I wish they made this in my size. | -看夏绿蒂的模样 -真希望也有我的尺寸 |
[08:16] | I told you it’s a cult. We can’t separate. | 我就说这是个无聊的仪式 我们绝不能分开 |
[08:19] | once they isolate you from the herd, it’s over. | 如果她们让你落单 下场就很惨 |
[08:22] | As I watched Laney tear open a terry cloth baby bib | 当我看着兰妮撕开棉织围兜时 |
[08:25] | with the same enthusiasm she once reserved | 脸上兴奋的表情 就像她扯开摇滚巨星裤子一样 |
[08:27] | for tearing off rock stars’ pants, I couldn’t help but wonder… | 我不禁要问 |
[08:32] | was I next? | 下一个会是我? |
[08:36] | You know what, I have to pee. | 我要去洗手间 |
[08:38] | If you’re not back in five minutes, I’m coming after you. | 如果你五分钟内不回来 |
[08:45] | The truth is I needed to escape. | 我就去找你 事实是,我必需逃离现场 |
[08:48] | The party had turned into a preview, | 送礼会已变成展示会 |
[08:50] | a preview of a life I didn’t know if I was ready for. | 人生成果的展示会 我不知道自己做好准备没有 |
[09:00] | Even seven months pregnant. Laney couldn’t keep her clothes on. | 就算怀了七个月的身孕 兰妮还是不喜欢穿上衣服 |
[09:04] | Clearly a part of the old Laney had survived. | 显然过去的兰妮还是存在的 |
[09:07] | But I wondered, what was still buried deep inside the mommies downstairs? | 我不禁感到好奇 这些妈咪内心究竟有何秘密? |
[09:13] | Before I married my husband, I slept around with everybody. | 结婚前,我到处和人上床 |
[09:16] | Now I have an internet lover. No one knows. | 现在我有个网路情人 但没人知道这秘密 |
[09:23] | When I was senior vice-president, 21 2 people reported to me on a daily basis. | 我还是资深副总裁时 每天有212位员工要向我报告 |
[09:27] | Now I just yell at the gardener who doesn’t understand a single word. | 现在我只能对着园丁大吼 |
[09:33] | I’m exactly the same. I love my life, | 而他却一个字也听不懂 我还是一样,热爱我的生活 |
[09:37] | but every now and then I can’t help but think about Lisa. | 现在无时无刻我都只想到莉莎 |
[09:43] | Sometimes I climb into the kids’ tree house, with my Walkman, | 有时我会带着随身听 |
[09:48] | Iight up a joint and listen to Peter Frampton. | 爬到孩子们的树屋 点根大麻,听彼得费普顿的歌 |
[10:08] | There’s a woman in there breast feeding a child who can chew steak. | 喂乳的孕妇能大吃牛排 |
[10:12] | You know how I feel about that? | 你知道我是什么感觉? |
[10:14] | If you can ask for it you’re probably too old to have it. | 如果你想这么做 那可能也过了年纪了 |
[10:17] | Jeremy, no! | 杰瑞米,不可以 |
[10:20] | I just realized, maybe it’s maturity or the wisdom that comes with age but | 我刚恍然大悟 或许成长该伴随着成熟与智慧 |
[10:26] | the witch in Hansel and Gretel, she’s very misunderstood. | 但“韩森和葛莉特”童话中的 巫婆弄错了 |
[10:30] | I mean the woman builds her dream house | 女人建造了自己的梦幻之屋 |
[10:33] | and these brats come along and start eating it. | 但爱捣蛋的小鬼们 却纷纷来破坏 |
[10:40] | – I have to say your home is beautiful. – Thank you. | -你家真是漂亮 -谢谢 |
[10:44] | I know it’s a big change. | 这是人生的重大改变 |
[10:46] | But at some point you have to get serious and settle down. | 但到了某个时刻 就得认真看待人生,安定下来 |
[10:49] | Life is not a Jacqueline Suzanne novel | 生活可不是像贾桂琳苏珊小说 |
[10:51] | – four friends looking for love in the city. | 四个好友在城市中寻找真爱 |
[10:57] | Stop it. You’re not gonna clean up at your own shower. | 住手 这是你的送礼会,不用自己清 |
[11:01] | Yeah, relax. once little Todd or Shayla comes around, | 对,放轻松 一旦陶德或夏拉出生后 |
[11:04] | – you’ll never stop cleaning up. – Did you say Shayla? | -你就有得忙了 -你刚说“夏拉”? |
[11:08] | – It’s so unique, isn’t it? – It’s so my name. | -这名字很特殊吧? -那是我的名字 |
[11:12] | – I thought your name was Charlotte. – No, it’s not my name. | -你应该是夏绿蒂吧? |
[11:15] | It’s my secret baby name that I made up when I was 1 1 , | -不,是我取的名字 那是我11岁时 |
[11:19] | for my daughter when I had her. I told you. | 为以后的女儿所取的名字 我告诉过你 |
[11:22] | – Don’t tell me you don’t remember. – I’m sorry. I really don’t. | 你没告诉过我,我不记得了 抱歉,真的没有 |
[11:26] | A complete lie. She remembered. We all remembered. | 简直是在说谎,她记得的 我们全都记得 |
[11:30] | Charlotte had made us all swear never to use it. | 夏绿蒂还要我们大家发誓 绝不能用这个名字 |
[11:33] | I think my husband heard it somewhere. | 可能是我先生在哪儿听到的 |
[11:35] | Really, where? Because I didn’t tell him. | 是吗?在哪? 我可没告诉他 |
[11:38] | – You’re freaking out over a name! – You’re not even pregnant. | -你居然会为个名字这么激动 -你根本都还没怀孕 |
[11:43] | – That’s not the point! – What’s going on? | -这不是重点 -怎么了? |
[11:46] | – She stole my baby name. – You bitch! | -她偷了我女儿的名字 -贱货 |
[11:50] | Let’s go! | 走吧 |
[11:58] | Beers and bar nuts at Flanagan’s off Route Five | 坐在第五大道的弗兰格酒吧里 开怀畅饮 |
[12:01] | were the perfect antidote to Laney’s house of humiliation. | 是消除在兰妮家所受屈辱的 最佳疗伤法 |
[12:05] | If I hadn’t waited this long to have a baby, that name would be mine. | 假如我早点生 那名字就是我的 |
[12:09] | Charlotte, come on. You’re still young. | 夏绿蒂,你还年轻 |
[12:11] | You have plenty of time to have children. | 要生孩子,时间多得是 |
[12:13] | No, I don’t. I don’t want to be one of those 40-year-old moms. | 才不是 我才不要当个40岁的妈妈 |
[12:19] | – No, offence. – I don’t want to be one of them either. | -没有冒犯之意 -我也不想当高龄产妇 |
[12:22] | There are no frozen eggs in my freezer. | 我可能也很难怀孕 |
[12:26] | – Was the bathroom clean? – What do you think? | -化妆室干净吗? -你觉得呢? |
[12:30] | This is why I hate baby showers. I always leave feeling depressed. | 所以我才这么讨厌送礼会 参加后总是心情沮丧 |
[12:34] | Patty, another round. | 派提,再来一巡 |
[12:37] | I for one love my life | 我可是热爱我的生活 |
[12:39] | and I won’t be made to feel inadequate by all this baby talk. | 我才不会因为这种无聊事 就觉得自己不如人 |
[12:43] | I spoke to a woman with a Masters in finance. | 我和位财经女强人谈话时 |
[12:46] | All she wanted to talk about diapers. | 她的话题都绕着尿布打转 |
[12:49] | It doesn’t have to be like that. | 根本没必要这样 |
[12:51] | You don’t have to lose yourself to have a kid. | 不用为孩子而牺牲掉自己 |
[12:53] | I know plenty of cool, hip mothers who live in the city | 我知道城里有很多时髦的辣妈 |
[12:57] | and who still have great careers and stuff. | 而且成功事业 |
[13:00] | Who? | 谁? |
[13:03] | – I’m late. I missed my period. – Patty honey, where are those beers? | -我的月事晚了 -派提,酒怎么还没来? |
[13:08] | How late? | 晚了多久? |
[13:11] | – Just a few, seven days. – oh honey, gray area. | -几天而已,一星期 -亲爱的,灰色地带 |
[13:16] | True you’re in front of the firing squad but you haven’t been shot. | 没错,你只是准备行刑 还没被枪决 |
[13:20] | – I was once ten days late. – Really? Were you having sex? | -我有次晚了十天 -是吗?你有做爱? |
[13:26] | No. | 没有 |
[13:28] | What are you gonna do? Are you gonna tell Mr. Big? | 你打算怎么做?告诉大人物? |
[13:31] | No, I’m not going to tell him until I know… | 不,我不打算告诉他 除非我知道… |
[13:35] | Until I know how I… | 我知道该怎么… |
[13:39] | No, I’m not going to tell him until I know how to finish this sentence. | 除非我知道该怎么说完这句话 |
[13:48] | – What did I miss? – Nothing. | -我错过了什么? -没有 |
[13:52] | That night Charlotte got out her wish box | 当晚夏绿蒂拿出她的愿望箱 |
[13:55] | where she kept reminders of all the things she hoped for in life. | 她把这一生所许过的愿望 都放在里面 |
[13:59] | A gift for Shayla. | 给夏拉的礼物 |
[14:04] | A town house in the city. A beach house in East Hampton. | 在城里拥有一间大宅邸 在东汉普顿有间海滨别墅 |
[14:12] | Her dream man. | 白马王子 |
[14:17] | Her back up dream man. | 后补的白马王子 |
[14:21] | It’s very strange when the life you never had flashes before your eyes. | 令人奇怪的是 脑中居然没有你这一生的画面 |
[14:27] | Carrie held hostage. Day eight. Miranda and I went shopping. | 于是早上八点时 我抓了个人质米兰达去逛街 |
[14:31] | I’m on total ovary overload. Which kind do I get? | 子宫好像觉得快爆掉了 我该买哪一种? |
[14:35] | Here, this one’s on sale. Half off. | 这个,拍卖品,只要半价 |
[14:38] | Sweetie, I just spent $395 on a pair of open-toed Gucci’s last week. | 我上星期刚花395美元 买了双古奇的开趾凉鞋 |
[14:42] | – This is not the place to be frugal. – All right. | -现在不是省钱的时刻 -好吧 |
[14:45] | What about this one? | 这个呢? |
[14:46] | First Response! | 一试就灵 |
[14:48] | I remember I had a reassuring moment with First Response. | 我记得以前用过这牌子来覆验 |
[14:53] | Here’s hoping. | 以防万一 |
[14:58] | – What if I am? – lf you am, you am. | -如果我怀孕怎么办? -就接受现实 |
[15:02] | I don’t think I’d be very good at this. I mean, am I maternal? | 我对这种事根本不在行 我像是具有母爱的人? |
[15:10] | When I was little I left my doll out in the rain for four days. Her face peeled off. | 小时候我连续四天把洋娃娃 放在外面淋雨,弄得面目全非 |
[15:14] | – That can’t be good. – Yeah, but… | -这可不是好征兆 -对,但… |
[15:16] | I shaved Barbie’s head when I was mad at her. | 有次我很生气 还把它的头发剃光 |
[15:19] | When I was little I took a rubber band | 小时候我把橡皮筋 |
[15:21] | and put it around my dog Pepper’s snout. | 绕在我的狗“胡椒”的 鼻子上 |
[15:24] | – What! – oh, God. | -怎么了? -天啊 |
[15:30] | – Can you picture it? Us with… – Kids? | -你能想像那画面,我们有… -孩子 |
[15:35] | – Babies. – I’ll probably end up with five. | -怀孕 -我可能办不到 |
[15:38] | Five hours and two packs of gum later. | 经过五个钟头 吃了两包口香糖后 |
[15:41] | I decided I couldn’t take the test till I knew how I felt about the results… | 我决定除非自己已作好准备 否则就不看检查结果 |
[15:46] | either way. | 绝对不看 |
[15:53] | Hello. | -你好 -我是兰妮 |
[15:54] | It’s Laney. It was great seeing you guys. | 只是想告诉你 很高兴见到你们 |
[15:58] | I know I was a big bitch but you gotta know my hormones are going wild. | 我知道自己不对 可能是荷尔蒙作崇 |
[16:04] | Truth is Laney’s hormones have been going wild since she was ten. | 事实上兰妮的贺尔蒙 从十岁起就开始作崇了 |
[16:08] | Seeing you made me remember how much fun we used to have. | 看到你们让我想起 以前快乐的时光 |
[16:11] | Yeah, we did. It’s amazing how much time has gone by. | 对,以前狂欢作乐的日子 |
[16:14] | Tell me about it. But I miss us. I really do. | 还用你说 但我真的很想念大家 |
[16:19] | We should get together more often. | 我们应该常聚聚 |
[16:23] | But I mean we should get together. | 我说的是在一起聚聚 |
[16:25] | Not just say we’re going to, but really do it. | 不是说说而已 而是真的找时间聚聚 |
[16:29] | – Absolutely. I’ve got to go. I’m late. – Where you off to? | -好,但我得走了,要迟到了 -你要去哪里? |
[16:32] | – Actually Samantha’s having a party. – She is? | -莎曼珊办了个派对 -是吗? |
[16:36] | – Yeah. – oh, man. | -对 -真好 |
[16:38] | That’s the kind of thing! I love Samantha’s parties. | 这就是我怀念的地方 我喜欢莎曼珊的派对 |
[16:40] | – Why didn’t you tell me? – Next time, I promise, all right? | -你怎么不通知我? |
[16:43] | ok, bye. | -下次好吗?我保证 好吧,再见 |
[16:48] | Faced with her own inadequacy, | 面对自己不如人之处 |
[16:50] | Samantha did something only she could do. | 莎曼珊决定有所行动 做些她最擅长的事 |
[16:53] | She threw an ”I don’t have a baby” shower | 她办了个 “我没有小孩”的送礼会 |
[16:55] | to let everyone know she was fabulous. | 让大家知道她的迷人之处 |
[16:57] | Great to see you. I don’t have a baby. Everybody drink! | 很高兴见到你 我没有小孩,大家尽量喝 |
[17:04] | – Are you having fun? – Not quite as much as Miranda. | -好玩吧? -对,但没米兰达那么好玩 |
[17:09] | Still convinced that marriage plus baby equals death, | 米兰达仍然相信 有了婚姻小孩生活就无望了 |
[17:12] | Miranda chose life. | 她选择即时享乐 |
[17:14] | Also known as Ed, Samantha’s accountant. | 他是莎曼珊的会计师艾德 |
[17:16] | If she fucks on that couch, she buys it. | 若她在沙发上搞,就得买下来 |
[17:26] | Hey, you guys. The entertainment has arrived. | 大家好,好戏上场了 |
[17:31] | – What are you doing here? – What I do best, partying! | -你来做什么? -做我最擅长的事,狂欢 |
[17:35] | – Maybe we better sit down. – Where’s the bar? | -我们还是坐下吧 -吧台在哪儿? |
[17:38] | – Somebody get me a drink! – I don’t know. Is that a good idea? | -给我杯饮料 -这样好吗? |
[17:41] | I’m due any day. What’s one little drink gonna matter? | 反正我随时都会生 喝杯酒有什么关系? |
[17:45] | Maybe it’ll help me go into labor. | 说不定还有助于生产 |
[17:49] | She gives birth on that couch, she buys it. | 她敢在沙发上生,就得买 |
[17:52] | What are you doing here? What is she doing here? | 你在这里做什么? 她来这里做什么? |
[17:55] | – I missed you guys. – Us? | -我想念大家 -想念我们? |
[17:57] | The pathetic single girls who think life is a Jacqueline Suzanne novel? | 是谁说活在贾桂琳苏珊小说中 四个可悲单身女郎? |
[18:01] | I’m sure you get asked this all the time, but what is your problem? | 你一定常在想这个问题 但你到底哪里有问题? |
[18:05] | My problem? | 我的问题? |
[18:07] | Just that I had a dream and you killed it in a nutshell. | 简单说,就是你毁了我的梦想 |
[18:10] | Really? Then you’re lucky. At least you know what happened to your dream. | 是吗?那么你们可真幸运 还知道梦想的结果 |
[18:14] | I have no idea what happened to mine. | 我却连自己在做什么都不知道 |
[18:16] | Hi, Laney. | 兰妮 |
[18:18] | I was keeping Charlotte away from Laney… | 接下来的一个小时 我忙着把她们两个分开 |
[18:21] | and Laney away from the vodka. | 也忙着帮不让兰妮 喝太多伏特加酒 |
[18:23] | Well, look who came up for air. | 看谁出现了? |
[18:26] | He’s a good kisser and he’s gonna do my taxes for free. | 他是个亲吻高手 还免费帮我报税 |
[18:29] | – Excuse me. Sorry. Hey, Carrie. – Hey, Jonathan. | -对不起,凯莉 -你好,强纳森 |
[18:32] | Listen, I’ve just been talking to your friend, Charlotte. She’s really great. | 我刚和你朋友夏绿蒂谈了很久 她真的很迷人 |
[18:36] | – Is she seeing anybody? – Wide open. | -她有和谁约会? -待字闺中 |
[18:38] | – Just don’t mention the name Shayla. – Sorry? | -只要别提夏拉这名字就好 -对不起? |
[18:42] | Nothing. Private joke. Go forth and date. | 没什么,私人笑话 放手去追吧 |
[18:46] | His name was Jonathan Bix, | 他是强纳森比克斯 |
[18:48] | a trader who was buying a house in the Hamptons. | 是位房地产商 刚成交了一笔汉普顿的房子 |
[18:54] | Charlotte suddenly realized all was not lost. | 夏绿蒂突然觉得 她并非失去一切 |
[18:57] | As she sipped her beer, | 当她啜饮啤酒时 |
[18:59] | she mentally stuck her dream house back together again. | 脑子里已开始策划 她的梦幻之屋 |
[19:04] | This party sucks. | 这派对烂透了 |
[19:07] | Laney. Maybe you should be getting home, all right? | 兰妮,我送你回去吧? |
[19:10] | No, I don’t want to go back there. | 不,我不要回去 |
[19:15] | Hey, you fuckers! Who wants to see my tits? | 各位,谁想看我的咪咪? |
[19:20] | – I’ll take a look. – Laney come back. Don’t do this. | -我 |
[19:23] | Relax. It’s gonna be fun. | -兰妮,回来,别这样 放轻松,会很好玩的 |
[19:26] | All right, look. Now we’re gonna have a party. | 好,开始狂欢了 |
[19:29] | Pregnant lady showing her tits! | 孕妇要秀她的咪咪了 |
[19:35] | oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[19:36] | This is at once so sad, | 我本来还以为自己很可悲 |
[19:39] | and the most fabulous validation I’ve gotten in my life. | 但这让我再次确认 我的生活是美好的 |
[19:53] | This is weird. | 有点怪 |
[19:58] | I don’t think I can do this. | 我办不到 |
[20:01] | No biggie. | 算了吧 |
[20:06] | Despite her best efforts to run free, | 兰妮除了想重获自由生活外 |
[20:09] | it appeared Laney’s invisible electric fence | 显然她的隐形电墙 |
[20:12] | stretched all the way to Manhattan. | 也蔓延到曼哈顿了 |
[20:17] | I know I can do it. Just give me one more chance. | 我知道自己办得到 只要再给我次机会 |
[20:19] | It’s not who you are anymore. It’s all right. | 你已经不是以前的你了 没关系的 |
[20:24] | But I didn’t know that was gonna happen. | 但我不知道事情怎会变成这样 |
[20:27] | Nobody told me that was gonna happen. | 没人告诉会变成这样 |
[20:29] | – I mean somebody should warn you. – All right. | -应该有人要警告我 |
[20:36] | one day you’re gonna wake up and you’re not gonna recognize yourself. | -没关系 有一天当你醒来时 |
[20:48] | Can you take her to Connecticut? | 却再也认不出自己 麻烦载她到康涅狄格州 |
[21:00] | I spent the next day on a park bench watching children play. | 隔天我花了一整天 坐在公园里看着小孩玩耍 |
[21:08] | If I had to, could I do this? | 如果我有孩子 |
[21:13] | Would I be any good? | 我能应付得来吗? 当个称职的妈妈? |
[21:16] | Would I somehow manage to stay me? | 我该如何保住自我? |
[21:28] | Hello. oh, my! | 你好,天啊 |
[21:33] | – Sorry. – That’s ok. She’s adorable. | -抱歉 -没关系,她好可爱 |
[21:37] | Yeah, most of the time. You want to go home? | 对,大部分时间是 你要回家吗? |
[21:40] | – Yeah. Bye. – Bye, bye. | -好,再见 -再见 |
[21:50] | on the way home, I got my period. | 再见 在回家路上,我的月事来了 |