时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | In life, certain events come along so rarely… | 人生有某些事难得一见 |
[00:54] | …that when they do, special attention must be paid. | 一旦发生了便得特别注意 |
[00:58] | Events like Halley’s comet, solar eclipses… | 像是哈雷慧星、日蚀 |
[01:01] | …getting that second latte for free. | 免费拿铁续杯 |
[01:05] | one night at a salsa club in very downtown Manhattan… | 有一晚,在曼哈顿下城 一家具拉丁风格的夜总会 |
[01:08] | …four single girlfriends found themselves without a relationship… | 四名单身女子发现她们 |
[01:12] | …at the exact same time. She’s not bad. | 同时都没有男友 |
[01:43] | -Here’s to us without men. -Hear, hear. | -敬没有男人的我们 |
[01:46] | I’m not toasting to that. It’s bad luck. | -我才不干杯,这是厄运 |
[01:52] | If I end up old and alone, it’s all your fault. | 若我最后孤独终老 |
[01:54] | Sweetie, we’re all alone, even when we’re with men. | 便是你的错 就算有男友我们也一样孤独 |
[01:58] | You tell her, Mr. Sister. | 你跟她说吧 |
[02:00] | My advice to you, is to embrace that fact… | 我给你一个忠告 欣然接受现实 |
[02:03] | …slap on some armor and go through life like I do. | 学学我的人生观:享受男人 |
[02:05] | Enjoying men but not expecting them to fill you up. | 但别指望他们填补你的空虚 |
[02:09] | -Except when, well, you know…. -We know, we know. | -除了…你知道的 -我们知道 |
[02:12] | Excuse me, I was wondering if you’d like to dance. | 你想跳支舞吗? |
[02:17] | Thanks, but tonight it’s just us girls. | 谢了 但今晚是我们姐妹的聚会 |
[02:21] | I’m William, one of the club owners. | -我是威廉,本店的老板之一 |
[02:23] | Samantha. | -我是莎曼珊 |
[02:25] | If you ever feel like a dance, we could have some fun. | 如果你想跳舞 我们可以一起玩 |
[02:29] | I’m impressed, not dumping us for a guy. | 我好感动 你竟然没有见色忘友 |
[02:32] | Is that the kind of girl you think I am? | -你以为我是那种人吗? |
[02:34] | I’m going. I’m getting my picture taken for the magazine article in the morning. | -我得走了 明天早上杂志要帮我拍照 |
[02:38] | What magazine article? | 什么杂志?要得我通过才行 |
[02:39] | All press needs to be cleared through me. | |
[02:41] | New York Magazine. | 纽约杂志要制作20位 |
[02:42] | They’re doing a profile of 20 Manhattan singles… | 曼哈顿单身者的专题报导 |
[02:45] | …and it’s called ”Single and Fabulous.” | -名为“单身贵族” |
[02:48] | Why wasn’t I picked? I’m single and I’m definitely fabulous. | -为什么不选我? |
[02:51] | I was picked because Stanford’s new boyfriend is the assistant photo editor. | 史丹佛的新男友是助理编辑 |
[02:55] | You can’t leave. We never go dancing. | 你不能走,我们很少一起跳舞 |
[02:58] | -Come on, one more drink. -All right, one drink. | -好吧,再喝一杯 |
[03:00] | To hot men. | -敬…热情的男人 |
[03:03] | one drink turned into many, and before I knew lt… | 一杯变成了许多杯 在我意识到这事实前… |
[03:07] | …I was dragging my tired, yet single and fabulous ass home at dawn. | 我在黎明时份 拖着疲累的身体回家 |
[03:13] | I decided my best bet to avoid looking like I’d been up all night… | 为了避免看起来 像整晚没睡的样子 |
[03:17] | …was to stay up all morning. | 我决定保持清醒 |
[03:24] | It’s Stanford. You’re 40 minutes late. | 我是史丹佛,你已迟到 |
[03:27] | I’m at the photo shoot and everyone’s freaking out! | 40分钟,大家都快抓狂了 |
[03:29] | -I’m there, 20 minutes. -20 minutes! | 我20分钟内赶到,我说20分钟 |
[03:31] | I said 20 minutes! | |
[03:40] | I could not get a cab. | -我叫不到计程车 |
[03:42] | What did you do, let one drag you here? | -所以你才这么慢吞吞? |
[03:45] | Stop, I was up all night. I need a coffee the size of my head. | 我整晚没睡 我需要喝一大杯咖啡 |
[03:50] | -Carrie, this is Nevin. -Gosh, hi. | 凯莉,这是奈文 |
[03:52] | Stanford has told me so much about you. It’s really nice to finally meet you. | 史丹佛跟我说了好多你的事 |
[03:56] | Hello, you’re about a fucking month late! | 你好,你他妈的真会迟到 |
[03:59] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[04:01] | Don’t look at me, you’re the one who’s about a fucking month late. | 别看我,谁叫你要迟到 |
[04:05] | My poncho! | 帮我拿披风 |
[04:07] | Hi, I’m so sorry. | -我真的很抱歉 |
[04:09] | -Could you sit? -Sure. | -你可以坐着吗? |
[04:14] | There’s gonna be time for makeup, right? | 有时间让我化妆吧? |
[04:19] | Thank God! | -谢天谢地 |
[04:20] | I wanna do a few test shots before I check the lighting. | -我先拍几张照片作测试 |
[04:23] | Coffee. | 我要咖啡 |
[04:26] | -Do you mind if I smoke? -I don’t care if you shoot up. | -你介意我抽烟吗? -就算你开枪我也不介意 |
[04:31] | I never keep people waiting. I got to bed really late last night. | 我从不让人枯等 我太晚上床了 |
[04:34] | And it’s my personal belief, I lapsed into a coma. | 我想我陷入了昏睡状态 |
[04:40] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[04:41] | They only had decaf. | -只有卖低咖啡因的 |
[04:44] | Being single and fabulous also frees up one’s weekends. | 身为单身贵族,周末便有空闲 |
[04:48] | Saturdays usually spent browsing with him in Soho are left for practical things… | 往常和男友打发时间的星期六 |
[04:53] | …like power walking with your single and fabulous girlfriends. | 变成跟同样是单身贵族的朋友 做快走运动 |
[04:56] | We’re walking too slow. We’re not burning off anything. | 我们走得太慢了 |
[04:59] | Let’s gossip to get our heart rates up. | 来讲八卦让心跳加速一下吧 |
[05:03] | Miranda. | -米兰达 |
[05:04] | Josh, hi. How are you? | -乔许,你好吗? |
[05:06] | Good, great. Training for the Marathon. | 很好 我正为马拉松比赛做训练 |
[05:09] | Right, I forgot you do that. | -对,我都忘了 |
[05:11] | Five years in a row. | -连续五年了 |
[05:15] | You’ve got my number, give me a call. | 打电话给我 |
[05:20] | Cute. Who’s that? | 他是谁? |
[05:21] | An ophthalmologist I once faked orgasms with. | 一个曾让我 假装高潮的眼科医生 |
[05:25] | We’re officially stopping. | 暂停一下 |
[05:26] | The idea that Miranda would fake anything stopped me cold. | 米兰达会假装任何事 |
[05:30] | I only slept with him twice. | 真是出乎我意料 我只跟他上过床两次 |
[05:31] | The first time I faked it because it was never gonna happen. | 我第一次假装是因没达到高潮 |
[05:34] | The second time I faked it because I did the first time. Naturally. | 而第二次便得继续假装 |
[05:38] | I didn’t wanna fake it again, so I just forgot to return his call. | 我不想再装下去 所以没回他电话 |
[05:41] | You broke up with an ophthalmologist over that? | 你们就为了这原因分手? |
[05:44] | -orgasm, major thing in a relationship? -But not the only thing. | 高潮在一段感情中十分重要 |
[05:47] | orgasms don’t send you Valentine’s cards and don’t hold your hand in a sad movie. | 是没错,但高潮不会送你卡片 或在看悲剧电影时握着你的手 |
[05:51] | Mine do. | 你真的主张伪装? |
[05:53] | You’re seriously advocating faking? | |
[05:55] | No, but if you really like the guy, what’s one little moment of…. | 如果你喜欢他,叫个一分钟 |
[05:58] | …versus spending the whole night in bed alone? | 和孤枕难眠要选哪个? |
[06:01] | These are my options? | 只有这两个选择吗? |
[06:02] | Who’s to say that one moment is any more important than when he gets up… | 难道高潮比他在早上 |
[06:06] | …and pours you a cup of coffee in the morning? Let’s go! | 为你冲一杯咖啡还重要? |
[06:09] | I’ll take an orgasm over a cup of French drip Colombian any day. | 我宁愿要高潮 而放弃一杯法式滴滤咖啡 |
[06:13] | For me, it’s a toss-up. | 对我来说,这很难决定 |
[06:16] | The usual, please. | 老牌子 |
[06:17] | Having smoked all my cigarettes during our workout… | 由于烟都抽完了 |
[06:20] | …I stopped for fresh supplies when…. | 我停下来补货,却发现… |
[06:28] | There I was… | 我就在那里… |
[06:32] | …hanging right next to Martha Stewart Living… | 挂在“玛莎史都华生活”旁边 |
[06:35] | …Carrie Bradshaw, dying of embarrassment. | 凯莉布雷萧,死于极度困窘 |
[06:40] | ”Single and Fabulous?” | “单身贵族加问号?” |
[06:43] | There was no question mark implied. | 我绝不会同意出现在标题是 |
[06:44] | I would never agree to be in an article, ”Single and Fabulous?” | “单身贵族加问号”的文章内 |
[06:49] | I was set up. | -我被设计了 |
[06:51] | I agree. You’re single, fabulous and fucked. | -你确实是迷人的单身贵族 |
[06:54] | Not after that picture I won’t be. | 那张照片登了之后就不是了 |
[06:56] | They said, ”Single and Fabulous!” | 他们说是单身贵族加惊叹号 |
[06:58] | They did not say, ”Single and Fabulous?” | 而非单身贵族加问号 |
[07:02] | That question mark is hostile. | 那个问号充满敌意 |
[07:03] | Can’t we sue them or something? | -不能告他们吗? |
[07:05] | -For what, mis-punctuation? -It’s too late. | -什么罪名?打错标点符号? |
[07:08] | I’m all over the city looking like something that got caught in a drain. | 我看起来像是 从排水管捞起来的模样 |
[07:12] | You know what? I just quit smoking. | 我要戒烟了 |
[07:14] | ”Single was fun at 20. But you wanna ask these women: | “20岁单身很棒,但40岁时 |
[07:17] | ”’How fun will all night club hopping be at 40?”’ | 整晚在夜总会狂欢有趣吗?” |
[07:20] | -Who’s out all night? -Who’s 40? | -谁整晚在外面玩? -谁40岁? |
[07:22] | Do you know what I say, ”Fuck them, exclamation point!” | 去他们的,惊叹号 |
[07:25] | -Fuck them! | -去他们的 -没错,去他们的 |
[07:28] | Charlotte said, ”Fuck.” | -夏绿蒂说脏话 |
[07:29] | Every couple of years, an article like this surfaces… | -每隔几年 |
[07:32] | …as a cautionary tale to scare young women into marriage. | 就会有个警世故事 来惊吓年轻女孩走入婚姻 |
[07:35] | I’m a cautionary tale? Shoot me. | 我成了警世故事?杀了我吧 |
[07:37] | ”Filling their lives with an endless parade of decoys and distractions… | “她们以无止尽的娱乐 填满生活” |
[07:40] | ”…to avoid the painful fact that they’re completely alone.” | “藉此逃避她们孤独的事实” |
[07:44] | How is that helping? | 念那个有什么用? |
[07:46] | This piece of trash has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with us. | 这篇垃圾跟我们没关系 |
[07:49] | -Exactly, we are single and fabulous. -Absolutely. | -没错,我们是单身贵族 |
[07:54] | But I had a sneaking suspicion they didn’t quite believe lt. | -完全正确 我怀疑她们并不相信这句话 |
[07:58] | Somehow, the question mark had leapt off my cover and on to each of them. | 封面的问号已潜入她们心中 |
[08:02] | Because, within a week… | 在一周之内… |
[08:06] | …Miranda met Josh for old time’s sake. | 看在往日旧情的份上 米兰达又和乔许见面了… |
[08:11] | Samantha met William for a dance. | 莎曼珊和威廉共舞… |
[08:15] | And Charlotte met a deadline head-on. | 而夏绿蒂面临了感情的临界点 |
[08:17] | So, I’m moving to SaIt Lake City. | -我要搬去盐湖城 |
[08:21] | What? Why? | -什么?为什么? |
[08:22] | The acting thing in New York is definitely not happening. | 我在纽约无戏可拍 |
[08:26] | I’ve a chance to get on a Christian soap opera if I move out West. | 如果搬去西部,便有机会演出 一部基督教肥皂剧 |
[08:30] | A Christian soap opera? | 基督教肥皂剧 |
[08:33] | The Days of our Mormon Lives or some shit. | “摩门教徒的时代” |
[08:36] | Hand me that receiver cable. | 把接收器的电线给我 |
[08:39] | The…. | |
[08:43] | What’ll you do around here without me? | 少了我你该怎么办? |
[08:45] | Tom was an out of work actor friend Charlotte had come to depend on… | 汤姆是个失业的演员 夏绿蒂依赖他 |
[08:49] | …to do the occasional male things she needed done around her apartment. | 为她的公寓 做一切需要男人干的活 |
[08:53] | Because he was an out of work actor, he had a lot of time. | 因为失业,所以他时间很多 |
[08:56] | And because he had a lot of time, he had a lot of tools. | 因为他时间很多 于是他的工具也多 |
[09:00] | okay. | 录影机装好了 |
[09:02] | That is the VCR. | |
[09:04] | After I rewire your lamp, I’m out of here. | 我帮你换好灯之后就走 |
[09:08] | Unless you have something else you need done. | 除非还有什么需要做的事 |
[09:15] | Charlotte made a decision. | 夏绿蒂决定 |
[09:17] | She decided she wasn’t gonna let her Mr. Flx-It get away. | 不让她的修理先生离开 |
[09:22] | While women are certainly no strangers to faking lt… | 女人对于伪装毫不陌生 |
[09:25] | …we faked our hair color, cup-size. Hell, we’ve even faked fur. | 我们戴假发、改变肤色 谎称罩杯尺寸,连毛皮都作假 |
[09:28] | I couldn’t help but wonder, has fear of being alone… | 对于孤单的恐惧是否 |
[09:31] | …suddenly raised the bar on faking? | 已突然提高伪装的标准? |
[09:34] | Are we faking more than orgasms? | 我们不只是伪装高潮吗? |
[09:36] | Are we faking entire relationships? | 我们是否整段恋情都在伪装? |
[09:39] | Is It better to fake It than be alone? | 伪装比孤单好吗? |
[09:43] | My boyfriend and I were really compatible except for one thing: | 我男友和我很合得来 除了一件事 |
[09:46] | He liked thin, blond, Waspy types. So… | 他喜欢纤细的金发女子 |
[09:49] | …now I am. | 所以…现在我成了这模样 |
[09:50] | I think my wife’s an idiot. | 我太太是个白痴 |
[09:52] | Every day with her is like a trip to idiot island. | 每天都像是去白痴岛一日游 |
[09:55] | I don’t tell her how I really feel. I’m pretty sure she’d leave me. | 我没告诉她我真正的感觉 我肯定她会离开我 |
[10:03] | I don’t understand sign language. | 我看不懂手语 |
[10:08] | A glamorous city like New York offers a sea of single and fabulous things… | 像纽约这样的城市 |
[10:11] | …for the fabulous and single to do. | 为单身贵族提供许多消遣 |
[10:14] | As long as the magazine’s on newsstands, I’m not going out in public… | 只要那本杂志还在市面上贩售 |
[10:17] | …for fear of being scorned and chased with sticks. | 我就不去公共场合 |
[10:20] | one, one! I’m not smoking. | 我不抽烟 |
[10:22] | Look. | 他才刚趴到她身上 |
[10:24] | He climbs on top of her, next thing you know, she’s coming. | 下一秒她就达到高潮了 |
[10:28] | No wonder they’re lost, they’ve no idea there’s more work involved. | 男人不知道这还得下许多工夫 |
[10:31] | Still faking it? | -你还在假装 |
[10:33] | -Is he that bad in bed? -No, he’s just…. | -他有那么差劲吗? |
[10:36] | He’s a guy. | 不,他只是…他是个男人 |
[10:37] | They can rebuild a jet engine, but when it comes to a woman…. | 他们会改造喷射引擎 但一面对女人… |
[10:41] | What’s the big mystery? It’s my clitoris, not the Sphinx! | 有这么难以理解吗? 只不过是我的阴蒂,不是猜谜 |
[10:44] | You just found the title for your autobiography. | 听来像是你的自传 |
[10:46] | It’s really not their fault. They don’t come with a manual. | 这不是他们的错 他们并非生来带着一本说明书 |
[10:50] | If I had a son, I’d teach him all about the vagina. | 如果我有儿子 我会教他认识阴道所有的构造 |
[10:52] | If you had a son, we’d call social services. | 如果你有儿子 我们会通知社福单位 |
[10:54] | The other night, he told me… | 他告诉我他真的很喜欢 |
[10:56] | …he really likes that I can come while he’s fucking me. | 我跟他做爱时达到高潮 |
[10:59] | How can he believe that that’s all it takes? | 他怎能相信 只要这么一点努力就能完成? |
[11:02] | Because you’re faking it! | -因为你在假装 |
[11:04] | I’m really hating myself right now. | -现在我恨死自己了 |
[11:07] | Could you please just tell me why? | 告诉我你为何这么做 |
[11:09] | He’s a nice guy. He means well. | -他是个好人,他很善良 |
[11:12] | It’s codependent coming. | -所以这算是礼尚往来? |
[11:14] | Well, I have to go. I got a date. | 我得走了,我和威廉约好见面 |
[11:17] | I’m meeting William after work, and then, who knows? | 接下来,谁知道? |
[11:21] | From the way he dances, I’m fairly certain I won’t have to fake anything. | 从他的舞姿看来 我不必伪装任何事 |
[11:27] | This is a great club. | 这是个很棒的夜总会 |
[11:30] | Wait until you see my club in the Hamptons. | 等你看过 |
[11:32] | Salsa East. | 我在汉普顿的夜总会再说 |
[11:34] | -Do you like the Hamptons? -No, love… | -你喜欢汉普顿吗? |
[11:37] | …love the Hamptons. | -不,我爱死汉普顿了 |
[11:39] | I’m renting a great house in East Hampton. | 我在那里租了一栋别墅 |
[11:41] | We can go out on the weekends. | 周末时我们可以去玩玩 |
[11:44] | We can go sailing… | 我们可以乘船出海 |
[11:47] | …and cook big lobsters. | 我们可以烹调大龙虾 |
[11:50] | We can walk on the beach…. | 我们可以在沙滩漫步 |
[11:51] | At first Samantha listened, fascinated, detached. | 一开始,莎曼珊听得入神 |
[11:55] | It was rare to hear a man use the ”we” word, so comfortably so early on. | 很少听到男人 这么快就把“我们”挂在嘴边 |
[11:59] | or, we could just lay around and do this. | 或者我们可以一直做这件事 |
[12:06] | Whatever we want. | 什么都行 |
[12:10] | Pretty soon she gave in. | 不久她便投降 |
[12:12] | She lay back, opened up and let the ”we” wash over her. | 躺下来,奉献自己 |
[12:23] | Hello. | 让“我们”在她身上漫游 |
[12:24] | Guess where I’m spending the summer? | 你猜我要去哪里过夏天? |
[12:27] | -I don’t know, Gucci? -East Hampton. | -古驰名店? -东汉普顿 |
[12:29] | William’s renting a house and he’s inviting me for the summer. | 威廉邀我和他一起去过夏天 |
[12:32] | -Isn’t it a little early? -Honey, no. | 这不会太早吗? |
[12:35] | All the great places are taken by January. | 所有好房子在一月就被订光了 |
[12:38] | I mean, early in the relationship. | 我是说以你们交往的程度 |
[12:40] | You should have heard him last night. ”We” can cook, ”we” can swim. | 你应该听听他昨晚说的话 我们可以下厨、我们可以游泳 |
[12:45] | He’s a ”we” guy. | -他是“我们”一族的男人? |
[12:46] | So he’s a ”we” guy, who cares? | -谁在乎? |
[12:49] | ”We” are going to spend the summer in East Hampton. | 我们将去东汉普顿过夏天 |
[12:52] | And the ”we” I’m referring to right now… | 而这里的“我们”是指你和我 |
[12:55] | …is you and me. | 所有好演员都知道 |
[12:58] | They say that every great actor knows when to stop performing. | 何时该停止表演 |
[13:02] | I’m getting close. Come with me. | 我快到达高潮了 |
[13:04] | Come with me. | 跟我一起来吧 |
[13:06] | For Miranda, It was that Saturday night at exactly 10.:40. | 对米兰达而言,星期六晚上 10点40分便是时候 |
[13:11] | Come with…. | 跟我一起… |
[13:21] | God. | |
[13:25] | Is everything all right? | 一切都还好吗? |
[13:29] | Are you sure? You didn’t come. | 你确定?因为你没达到高潮 |
[13:32] | Did you? | -你有吗? |
[13:34] | No. | -没有 |
[13:37] | Did I do something wrong tonight, because you came every other time. | 今晚我做错什么了吗? 以前你每次都达到高潮 |
[13:45] | What? Tell me. | 怎么了?告诉我 |
[13:48] | I didn’t exactly come all those other times. | 我并非每次都达到高潮 |
[13:52] | You faked it? | 你是装出来的?有几次? |
[13:54] | How many of the other times? | |
[13:57] | All of the other times? | 每一次 |
[14:01] | Do you have a physical problem or something? | 你身体有毛病吗? |
[14:04] | What makes you assume it’s me? | 你凭什么认为是我的问题? |
[14:07] | No offense, it’s just…. | 无意冒犯,只是以前 |
[14:09] | Nobody I’ve ever slept with has had to fake it. | 跟我上过床的女人都不必假装 |
[14:12] | A lot of women fake it and until five minutes ago… | 很多女人都会假装高潮 |
[14:15] | …you didn’t know I was faking it, so…. | 我不说你根本不知道我在假装 |
[14:18] | What are you saying? | 你的意思是 |
[14:19] | All the women I’ve slept with have been faking it? | 跟我上过床的女人都是装的? |
[14:27] | What are you looking at? | 你在看什么? |
[14:30] | Nothing, I was just running a list in my head. | 没有,我只是在脑中浏览名单 |
[14:33] | Look, Josh. | 女人身体的构造比较复杂 |
[14:35] | A woman’s anatomy is a little more complicated– | |
[14:37] | I know all about a woman’s anatomy. I’m a doctor. | 我知道,我是个医生 |
[14:40] | You’re an eye doctor. | 你是眼科医生 |
[14:47] | Give me some tips. | -给我一点诀窍 |
[14:49] | -Pardon me? -Tips to get you off. | -你说什么? |
[14:51] | I am nobody’s charity case. I run the Marathon for Christ’s sake. | 让你达到高潮的诀窍,我不要 别人同情,我可是马拉松好手 |
[14:55] | Do you know how the clitoris works? | 你知道阴蒂有何作用吗? |
[14:57] | Yes. | |
[14:58] | -Do you know where it is? -Yes. | 你知道它在哪里吗? |
[15:00] | It’s about two inches from where you think it is. | 它的位置比你所想的 |
[15:03] | -My God. -Relax, I’ll show you. | 还要深两英寸左右 放轻松,我让你瞧瞧 |
[15:08] | Later that week, I went over to Charlotte’s to see some of Tom’s handiwork. | 那一周,我去夏绿蒂家 看汤姆精湛的手工艺 |
[15:12] | After we finish with the lighting, we’ll move to the kitchen. | 我们把灯装好之后 |
[15:15] | We’re retiling everything. | 我们要在厨房重新铺瓷砖 |
[15:17] | First Samantha and now Charlotte went ”we,” ”we,” all about her home. | 现在夏绿蒂谈到她的房子 也满口都是“我们” |
[15:20] | That’s amazing! How will you get all that done before you leave? | 你走之前怎么做得完? |
[15:24] | I’m not leaving. | 我不走了,我决定留下来 |
[15:25] | I’ve decided to stay. | |
[15:28] | I have to go to my place and get a voltmeter. | 我得去拿电压计 |
[15:30] | okay. | |
[15:32] | -I’ll be right back, okay? -Bye, honey. | -我马上回来 -再见,亲爱的 |
[15:38] | ”Bye, honey?” | “再见,亲爱的”? |
[15:40] | When he told me he was leaving, I suddenly had feelings… | 当他说要离开时 |
[15:43] | …what if he was the one? | 我突然对他有了感觉 |
[15:46] | He’d been under my nose the entire time and I’d never even seen him. | 他一直在我身边 我却没发现他的存在 |
[15:50] | I let the ”almost-40-out-of-work-actor” thing get in the way. | 我让“失业演员”的阴影 妨碍了我们的发展 |
[15:54] | He is strong and masculine… | 他强壮又有男子气概 |
[15:57] | …and he can fix things around the house. | 他会修这屋里的东西 |
[16:00] | You can’t create a relationship with a guy just because he can caulk your tub. | 你不能因为一个男人 会修你的浴缸就跟他交往 |
[16:04] | Yes, you can. | 可以 |
[16:08] | As I walked home, I couldn’t help but wonder… | 我忍不住纳闷 |
[16:10] | …when did being alone become the modern day equivalent of being a leper? | 何时孤单一人 变成了现代受排斥的对象? |
[16:14] | Will Manhattan restaurants soon be dlvlded up into sections? | 以后餐厅会不会区分成 |
[16:17] | Smoking, non-smoking, single, non-single? | 吸烟和非吸烟区 单身和非单身区? |
[16:21] | The usual, please. | 老牌子,麻烦你 |
[16:26] | Then I had a frightening thought. | 我脑中浮现一个可怕的想法 |
[16:28] | Maybe I was the one who was faking lt. | 或许是我在假装 |
[16:31] | All these years faking to myself that I was happy being single. | 我假装单身是一件快乐的事 |
[16:39] | Yes, it’s me. | 对,那就是我 |
[16:42] | And there It was, pity. | 卖香烟的小贩 |
[16:44] | Plty from the man who sells me my Marlboro Lights. | 竟对我投射同情的目光 |
[16:47] | It was the final straw. | 那真是最后一击 |
[16:49] | I decided I wasn’t gonna let a magazine or my friends or the Surgeon General… | 我不要让一本杂志 或我的朋友们 |
[16:53] | …stop me from being who I was.: | 阻止我做自己 |
[16:55] | Single and fabulous, exclamation point. | 我是单身贵族,惊叹号 |
[16:59] | -Tartini? -Excuse me? | -你说什么? |
[17:01] | Tartini: cranberry flavored vodka. | -蔓越莓口味的伏特加 |
[17:04] | I’ve been out of commission for four days and there’s a new drink? | 我才四天没来就有新饮料了? |
[17:07] | I invited Stanford to join me at a fabulous party downtown… | 我邀请史丹佛参加下城一个 |
[17:10] | …to honor the fabulous conceptual photographer Ellen von Unwerth. | 向知名摄影师艾伦朗恩文 致敬的派对 |
[17:14] | Unfortunately, he invited his new boyfriend, Nevin ”von Bitchy.” | 不幸的是 他也邀请了他的新男友 |
[17:18] | -Hi, I hate you. -Join the club, I hate me, too. | -你好,我恨你 -玩得愉快,我也很恨我自己 |
[17:21] | I’m so sorry about the cover. I had nothing to do with it. | 封面的事我很抱歉 这与我无关 |
[17:24] | Who cares? | 下个礼拜会有新的封面人物 |
[17:25] | Next week you’ll have a coke-dealing slumlord on the cover. | 我便成了历史 |
[17:28] | You are fabulous. | 你真棒,失陪了 |
[17:30] | Excuse me. | |
[17:33] | You realize you’ll have to dump him. | 你得甩了他 |
[17:35] | I can’t. We’re getting a summer share in Sagaponack. | 不行,我们夏天要一起 |
[17:41] | Tartini! | 分租房子 |
[17:42] | While Stanford and I did downtown… | 当我们在下城狂欢时… |
[17:46] | …Samantha was uptown waiting for William at her favorite romantic restaurant. | 莎曼珊在她最爱的浪漫餐厅 等待威廉 |
[17:52] | Alone? | -一个人吗? |
[17:53] | No, I’m waiting for someone. | -不,我在等人 |
[17:58] | At first she thought she had the wrong time. | 她以为她记错时间 |
[18:01] | When he still wasn’t there 20 minutes later, she called her machine. | 但当他迟迟没出现 |
[18:04] | No message. | 她打到他的答录机,没有留言 |
[18:06] | I don’t know what’s keeping him. | 不知道他被什么事耽搁了 |
[18:10] | Could you ask the waiter to bring me a red wine? | 你能叫侍者送一杯红酒来吗? |
[18:13] | She hadn’t expected to be caught out in public alone… | 她没料到会在公共场合落单 |
[18:16] | …without a book, project, or any of her ”dining-out-alone-armor.” | 手边没有一本书 或她单独外出用餐的盔甲 |
[18:20] | She had nothing to do but sIt and wait for him. | 她无计可施 只好继续坐着等他 |
[18:25] | By now she knew that ”we” William wasn’t ever gonna show up. | 她知道威廉不会来了 |
[18:28] | He was one of those men who faked a future… | 为了得到现在想要的东西 |
[18:31] | …to get what he wanted in the present. | 他编织美好的未来 |
[18:34] | More water? | -还要水吗? |
[18:35] | No. No more water. | -不用了 |
[18:38] | She felt exposed, vulnerable, like a fool. My God, people are looking. | 她觉得暴露而脆弱,像个傻瓜 |
[18:46] | -I’m so embarrassed. -It’s okay. -Where’s the ladies’ room? -This way. | 大家都在看,我觉得好丢脸 |
[18:53] | Show me the way. | 洗手间在哪里? |
[18:59] | You okay? | -你还好吗? |
[19:01] | Thank you. You’re very sweet. | -谢谢,你真体贴 |
[19:04] | I’m not usually like this. | 平常我不是这样子的 |
[19:06] | I can’t believe I fell for some guy’s line. | 我不敢相信我竟会被 一个男人的花言巧语迷惑 |
[19:10] | But sometimes you just need to hear ”we.” | 有时女人就是想听听“我们” |
[19:15] | You know? | |
[19:18] | Samantha let the Pakistanl busboy kiss her. | 莎曼珊让那个侍者亲吻她 |
[19:21] | After all, he’d been so sweet and attentive with the bread. | 他处理面包时非常温柔且用心 |
[19:24] | You take me home, you’re not alone. | 带我回家,你便不寂寞 |
[19:27] | As Samantha looked into his sweet and hopeful eyes, she realized something. | 莎曼珊注视他充满希望的眼神 她体会到一件事 |
[19:31] | No matter how much It hurts… | 即使很难受 |
[19:33] | …sometimes It’s better to be alone than fake lt. | 有时孤单比伪装好 |
[19:53] | Meanwhile, downtown, I heard the funniest thing… | 我从刚认识的男人口中 |
[19:56] | …I’d ever heard from a man I just met. | 听到这辈子最好笑的事 |
[19:58] | My God. I’m sorry, your pants. | 对不起,你的裤子… |
[20:02] | -I’m sorry. -It’s fine. | 没关系 |
[20:06] | Well, fuck you. | 去你的,惊叹号 |
[20:08] | Exclamation point. | |
[20:10] | okay, you little Tartini. Time to go home. You’ve had enough. | 该回家了,你喝够了 |
[20:14] | -C’mon, it’s early. -It’s 2:00 a.m. on a Tuesday. | -还早 -已经凌晨两点了 |
[20:17] | Just go. Go, go, go home. | 你走吧,回家去吧,史丹佛 |
[20:20] | Take your tired, fabulous ass home. | 带你疲惫、漂亮的屁股回家 |
[20:23] | I want to meet cute guys. | -我想认识帅哥 |
[20:25] | Everyone here is gay, gay, gay. | -这里每个人都是同性恋 |
[20:29] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[20:44] | Need a light? | 需要火吗? |
[20:46] | Hls name was Jake. | 杰克是当晚最符合我需求的人 |
[20:47] | He was everything I was looking for that night. | |
[20:50] | Single, straight and a smoker. | 单身、异性恋、会抽烟 |
[20:54] | There wasn’t quite as much smoke uptown. | 上城没这么多烟 |
[20:57] | How’s that? Is that better now? | 怎么样?好多了吗? |
[20:59] | How about now? | 现在如何? |
[21:01] | Miranda’s two-day tutorial with her ophthalmologist… | 米兰达对眼科医生的个别指导 |
[21:03] | …had turned lovemaking into a kind of naked eye exam. | 使做爱成了视力检查 |
[21:07] | Maybe we should just try and let it happen for a second. | 也许我们该尝试让它发生 |
[21:10] | I wanna do it right. | 我希望能做对,这样如何? |
[21:12] | How’s that? | |
[21:14] | Even with all Josh’s good intentions, Miranda found herself no closer. | 即使他有心学习 米兰达仍感觉不出差别 |
[21:18] | She realized she was not a jet engine. | 她不是喷射引擎 |
[21:21] | She was a lot more complicated. It would never work between them. | 她的身体复杂多了 永远不会成功的 |
[21:24] | I’m close, are you close? I’m close. | 我快到了…你呢? |
[21:27] | She wanted to give him something for learning so much and trying so hard. | 她想奖励他如此努力 |
[21:31] | So, Miranda came. | 于是米兰达也到达高潮了 |
[21:36] | She came out of retirement for one final performance. | 这是她最后一次演出的告别秀 |
[21:42] | I’m the man. | 我是男子汉 |
[21:53] | -Wanna go for a ride in my Porsche? -Fabulous. | -想不想坐我的跑车去兜风? -太好了 |
[22:02] | I need some smokes. | 我得去买烟,你需要什么吗? |
[22:04] | Do you want anything? | |
[22:21] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快就回来 |
[22:27] | How you doing? I want a pack of Marlboro Lights. | |
[22:31] | I looked at myself in the mirror. | 我看着镜中的自己 |
[22:33] | What had I been so afraid of all week? | 我到底在怕什么? |
[22:36] | I was still young, still desirable. | 我仍然年轻有魅力 |
[22:38] | I would never wind up alone. | 我绝不会孤独终老 |
[22:42] | Is this you? | -这是你吗? |
[22:43] | And there It was. | -又来了 |
[22:45] | My question mark staring me right in the face. | 那问号在我面前瞪着我 |
[22:49] | Was that me? | 那是我吗? 我意识到若我跟他回家 |
[22:51] | If I went home with him, lt’d be the only time I’d ever had sex to validate my life. | 那将是我唯一一次为了证明 自己的价值而和男人上床 |
[22:56] | The question mark would no longer be a question, It would be a fact. | 那问号便会成为事实 |
[23:00] | -I gotta go home. -No way, I’m not letting you out. | -我要走了 -不行,我不让你下车 |
[23:04] | Fine. | 好 |
[23:17] | I think I should go to SaIt Lake City. Give it a try. | 我想我应该去盐湖城试试看 |
[23:21] | No, really? | -真的吗? |
[23:23] | Charlotte was faking lt. | -夏绿蒂正在伪装 |
[23:24] | She’d realized two days ago, while she had no problem faking orgasms… | 虽然她对伪装高潮没有异议 |
[23:29] | …she could never fake intimacy. | 她却无法伪装亲密关系 |
[23:31] | My heart’s still in acting. I’m not ready to let it go. | 我还是热爱演戏 我不打算放弃 |
[23:35] | Tom was faking, too. | 汤姆也在伪装 |
[23:36] | He was mostly just sick of New York and needed an excuse to leave. | 他对纽约感到厌烦 |
[23:41] | I’ll miss you. | -需要一个藉口离开 -我会想你的 |
[23:44] | I’ll miss you, too. | 我也是 |
[23:46] | It was a perfectly timed double fake. | 这是个双重伪装的绝佳时机 |
[23:49] | Under other circumstances, they could’ve shared a long life together. | 在其他情况下 他们原本可以携手共度人生 |
[23:53] | over the next week, things returned to normal. | 一切回归正常 |
[24:00] | Miranda, babe, It’s Josh. I’m home. Give me a call. | 米兰达,我是乔许 打电话给我 |
[24:03] | Miranda forgot to return Josh’s last call. | 米兰达忘记回乔许电话 |
[24:07] | Samantha made peace with her feelings about ”we” William. | 莎曼珊向威廉讨回了公道 |
[24:10] | And Charlotte learned you don’t have to rely on men’s affections… | 夏绿蒂发现不必为了修东西 |
[24:14] | …to get things fixed around the house. | 而和男人有感情瓜葛 |
[24:16] | You can pay them. | 你可以付钱请工人来做 |
[24:17] | As for me, after I was recycled… | 在我被回收之后 |
[24:20] | …I decided instead of running away from the idea of a life alone… | 我决定不再逃避孤独生活 |
[24:24] | …I’d better sIt down and take that fear to lunch. | 反而要怀抱那份恐惧去吃午餐 |
[24:27] | -Waiting for someone? -No, it’s just me. | -在等人吗? |
[24:30] | Thanks. | -没有 |
[24:32] | So, I sat there and had a glass of wine… | 我就坐在那里 |
[24:36] | …alone. | 独自喝着一杯酒 |
[24:37] | No books, no man, no friends, no armor… | 没有书、没有男人、没有朋友 |
[24:42] | …no faking. | 没有盔甲、没有伪装 |