时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | There are only two times when It’s appropriate… | 只有两种情形适合在 |
[00:49] | …to wear the little black dress in daylight. | 白天穿黑色礼服 |
[00:51] | one involves leaving a party way too late. | 一种是太晚离开派对 |
[00:54] | The other involves leaving the party way too early. | 另一种是太早离开纽约的葬礼 |
[00:57] | The New York funeral. | |
[00:59] | Javier was a hot Cuban designer… | 哈维是个热情的古巴设计师 |
[01:01] | …and the toast of the New York fashion elite. | |
[01:03] | He was also a good friend. | 也是我的好朋友 |
[01:05] | I had known him since he was Harvey. | 我认识他很久了 |
[01:07] | Javier loved clothes. | 哈维热爱服饰 |
[01:09] | Unfortunately, he loved heroin more. | 不幸地,他更爱海洛因 |
[01:12] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[01:16] | okay. | 好 |
[01:18] | Wow, look at you! | -看看你 |
[01:20] | You like? | -你喜欢吗? |
[01:22] | Isn’t it a little wrong to wear a dead man’s design to his own funeral? | 穿一位死去设计师设计的衣服 去参加他的葬礼不妥吧? |
[01:26] | It’s wrong not to. | 不穿才不妥,我花了两千块 |
[01:27] | Besides, at $2,000, I better get some wear out of it. | 不利用机会穿怎么行 |
[01:30] | $2,000? You’re kidding. | -这么贵? |
[01:32] | Marked up 30 percent since yesterday. | -从昨天开始加价三成 |
[01:34] | That’s the thing about New York. You’re always more popular dead. | 在纽约,死了比活着受欢迎 |
[01:37] | I have to look fabulous. | 我得精心打扮,很多人会到场 |
[01:39] | Everyone is gonna be there. | 这是葬礼 |
[01:40] | Reminder, honey: this is a funeral, not Friday night at Bond Street. | 不是周五夜晚的派对 |
[01:44] | That’s your grief talking. Get your purse, let’s go. | 你听起来太悲伤,走吧 |
[01:48] | Sorry I’m late. | -抱歉,我迟到了 |
[01:50] | -Is everyone in town invited to this? -Carrie invited me. | -是不是全曼哈顿都到了? |
[01:53] | You got invited with a guest? | -凯莉邀我来的 |
[01:55] | We were supposed to see a show together. | -你是客人邀请来的? |
[01:58] | That dress is really inappropriate. | -我们去看马格里特的展览 -你的服装很不合宜 |
[02:01] | Apparently, Charlotte and I were the inappropriate ones. | 显然地 夏绿蒂和我的服装才不合宜 |
[02:05] | There It was, Javier’s entire new spring line. | 就在那里:哈维的春装全系列 |
[02:08] | It was his best show ever. | 那是他有过最好的服装秀 |
[02:10] | Everyone’s wearing a Javier. | -每个人都穿哈维的设计 |
[02:12] | Told you. | -我就说吧 |
[02:13] | Lend me your hat, please? | -把帽子借我 |
[02:16] | Fine. | -好 |
[02:18] | But if anyone asks, it was a gift from the designer. | 要是有人问起 就说是设计师送的礼物 |
[02:21] | Christ, my heels keep getting stuck. | 我的脚跟困在鞋子里 |
[02:24] | So much for death with dignity. | 我为了这场葬礼也够牺牲了 |
[02:36] | Hello. | (大家好,欢迎各位) |
[02:37] | Buenos dias. | |
[02:38] | Look at the number they did on Josephina. | 看他们怎么作弄乔瑟芬娜 |
[02:41] | She is beautiful. | -她好漂亮 |
[02:43] | She wasn’t a week ago. | -一周前她不是长这样 |
[02:44] | Josephina was Javier’s sister and heir apparent to the Javier industry. | 乔瑟芬娜是哈维的妹妹 继承他整个服饰企业 |
[02:48] | In a day she had gone from ugly duckling to Donatella Versace. | 百分百的丑小鸭变天鹅 |
[02:52] | Death definitely became her. | 彻彻底底地改头换面 |
[02:55] | You’re smoking at a funeral? | -在葬礼上抽烟? |
[02:56] | Javier would have wanted it that way. | -哈维会喜欢的 |
[03:00] | We are asking today… | 我们今天将公开要求 |
[03:02] | …that in Javier’s memory… | 为了纪念哈维 |
[03:04] | …all donations be made to Javier House… | 所有的捐款将汇到 “哈维之屋”名下 |
[03:07] | …a home we are building to house those in the fashion industry… | 这个机构是为了在时尚界 |
[03:10] | …who suffer from… | 患有物质滥用症的朋友设立的 |
[03:12] | …substance abuse. | |
[03:16] | No, don’t. | -不需要 |
[03:17] | -No? -No. | -不需要? |
[03:20] | I’m gonna help them raise money. | -我会帮忙募款 |
[03:22] | That’s unusually nice of you. | -你真是异常好心 |
[03:24] | Forget nice, the mailing list will be priceless. | 邮寄名单可是无价之宝 |
[03:26] | And I’ll have every unlisted 212 number in Manhattan. | 有全曼哈顿未登记的电话 |
[03:31] | You had to give Samantha credit. She always saw the positive. | 你不得不赞扬她这一点: 她总是看到光明的那一面 |
[03:34] | one man’s death was another woman’s p.r. opportunity. | 一个男人的死亡是另一个女人 |
[03:37] | Josephina, I’m Samantha Jones from Samantha Jones Public Relations. | 公关事业的良机 我是莎曼珊琼斯,从事公关 |
[03:41] | I was so touched by your speech, that I wanted to…. | 你的演讲让我很感动 |
[04:01] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:03] | It’s nothing to lose your hat over. | 你不需要脱帽致敬吧 |
[04:06] | She loved hats. | 她热爱帽子,这很合适 |
[04:09] | It’s… | |
[04:10] | …fitting really. | |
[04:12] | Your mother? | -这位是令堂? |
[04:15] | My wife. | -我妻子 |
[04:17] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[04:20] | It’s okay. | 没关系,谢谢 |
[04:22] | Thanks. | |
[04:27] | Kids? | -你们有小孩吗? |
[04:28] | Nope. | -没有 |
[04:34] | It’s just a drink. | 只不过是喝杯酒 |
[04:35] | He works on the same block as my gallery. | 他工作地点跟我的很近 |
[04:37] | You picked up a man at a cemetery? | 你在公墓钓凯子? |
[04:40] | He’s handsome and he went to Princeton. | 他很英俊,普林斯顿大学毕业 |
[04:42] | -The widower thing is a definite no-no. -Why? | -绝对不要跟鳏夫约会 |
[04:44] | The dead wife factor. | -因为亡妻的缘故 |
[04:46] | No matter how bitchy she was alive, now she’s dead… | 不管她生前是不是个讨厌鬼 |
[04:48] | …and you’re the bitch who can’t live up to her. | 她死了,你永远比不上她 |
[04:51] | -Don’t talk about his wife like that. -See? Happening already. | -不要这样说他的妻子 -已经开始了 |
[04:54] | It’s not his fauIt she died. | 老婆死了又不是老公的错 |
[04:56] | And besides, going through something like that makes him more sensitive. | 经历丧妻之痛会让他 更善解人意 |
[05:00] | He’s felt really deeply. He’s in touch with his emotions. | 他很有感情 |
[05:04] | It’s kind of romantic. | 这不是很浪漫吗? |
[05:05] | Think about it. He’s been married. | 而且他结过婚 |
[05:08] | It shows he can commit. | 这表示他愿意承诺 |
[05:09] | Then date a divorced guy. | 那就跟离过婚的人约会 |
[05:11] | They’ve committed and everyone’s still alive. | 只要对方还活着 |
[05:13] | It didn’t work for Big. All marriage did was convince him he hated committing. | 婚姻让大人物领悟他讨厌承诺 |
[05:17] | You broke up with him. | -是你跟他分手 |
[05:18] | So I’m the one with the commitment problem? I’m just saying…. | -所以我有承诺恐惧? |
[05:23] | While we were watching them break ground on Javier’s last location… | 当我们看着哈维安息地的 破土仪式 |
[05:26] | …Miranda was breaking new ground of her own. | 米兰达正在开辟她的新天地 |
[05:29] | So, it’s just you? | -你一个人住? |
[05:31] | Yep. Just me. | -是的,我一个人 |
[05:34] | Such a big apartment to buy for just you. | 这么大的公寓只有你一个人住 |
[05:37] | I have a lot of shoes. | 我有很多鞋子 |
[05:42] | Maybe the boyfriend will move in? | -或许男朋友会搬进去? |
[05:44] | No boyfriend. Just me. | -没有男朋友,只有我 |
[05:47] | I have a son who owns his own business. | -我有个自己创业的儿子 |
[05:51] | No, thanks. | -不用了,谢谢 |
[05:56] | I’ll take it. | 我来就好 |
[05:58] | With that, Ms. Miranda Hobbes Esquire, a.k.a. ”just me”… | 就这样,米兰达“先生” 又叫做“只有我” |
[06:03] | …bought herself her first apartment and promptly took herself out for a drink. | 买给自己生平第一层公寓 并带自己出去喝酒 |
[06:09] | While Miranda was out celebrating her future… | 在当米兰达庆祝她的未来 |
[06:12] | …I was in contemplating my own. | 我正在苦思我自己的 |
[06:15] | In a city that moves so fast, you get the Sunday paper on Saturday… | 在一个步调飞快的城市 周六就可以拿到周日的报纸 |
[06:19] | …how did any of us know how much time we had left? | 我们如何能知道 |
[06:22] | There was so much I hadn’t done. I’d never been to Greece. | 生命还剩多少时间? 我有好多事还没做过 |
[06:25] | I hadn’t finished painting my bathroom My Visa bill still wasn’t paid in full. | 我还没去过希腊 我的信用卡帐单还没付清 |
[06:30] | Hell, sometimes I felt like I was barely living. | 有时候我根本不觉得我活着 |
[06:34] | Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[06:39] | It’s just me. | -你好 -是我 |
[06:42] | So, how are you? | 你好吗? |
[06:45] | Just got back from a funeral. | -刚从一场葬礼回来 |
[06:47] | And you thought of me? I’m flattered. | -所以想到我?真荣幸 |
[06:50] | Listen… | 听着…你想吃晚餐吗? |
[06:53] | …do you want to have dinner some time? | |
[06:55] | I’d like to have dinner any old time. Who am I having dinner with? | 我每天都吃晚餐,跟谁? |
[06:59] | Me. | -跟我 |
[07:00] | In that case, I better check my book. | -那我得查一下行程 |
[07:03] | -I’m hanging up now. -Fine. | -我要挂电话了 -好 |
[07:05] | Saturday, 8:00, Roberto’s. Be there or be square. | 星期六八点,罗贝多餐厅 一定要到 |
[07:09] | God, you’re old. | 天,你老了 |
[07:11] | It was so easy. | 就这么简单 |
[07:12] | Just like that, I had made a Saturday night date with Big. | 我和大人物周六晚上有约 |
[07:16] | In under 30 seconds, we had resuscitated a relationship… | 三十秒内,我们的关系复苏了 |
[07:19] | …that had taken slx months to dle. | 那花了我六个月才结束 |
[07:23] | The next day, Samantha set out to break some records of her own. | 莎曼珊正准备破自己的纪录 |
[07:27] | You know, I rarely make personal contributions. | 我很少做什么贡献 |
[07:29] | We’d love to have you on the Javier House board. | 我们希望你能加入董事会 |
[07:32] | Maybe in this case you can make an exception? | 你能破例一次吗? |
[07:36] | I’ll tell you what’s exceptional. | 被你这样的美女恳求 |
[07:38] | Getting solicited by a woman as beautiful as you. | 就是史无前例的 |
[07:41] | Rlchard Cranwell, senior partner at Bear Sterns… | 理查康威尔,贝尔史登 |
[07:43] | …philanthropist, playboy. Hls specialty was hostile takeovers. | 资深合伙人,慈善家 |
[07:47] | Flattery will get you everywhere, Mr. Cranwell. | 他的专长是恶意接手他人企业 康威尔先生,奉承能成就大事 |
[07:51] | Please, call me Dick. | -叫我小弟弟就行 |
[07:54] | Dick. | -小弟弟(与阳具同音) |
[07:55] | In Samantha’s case, It was more like a friendly merger. | 对莎曼珊来说 这比较像是友善的合并案 |
[07:58] | Perhaps we could discuss Javier House over dinner sometime. | 或许我们可以在 哈维之屋晚宴上讨论? |
[08:02] | I believe that could be arranged. | 我可以安排 |
[08:05] | Samantha groped Cranwell for the good of all strung-out designers everywhere. | 莎曼珊抚摸过小弟弟康威尔 身上所有名牌服饰 |
[08:11] | Unfortunately, she was not expecting Sandy Cranwell… | 不幸地,她没料到珊蒂康威尔 |
[08:15] | …back early from groping a sweater set at Bendels. | 会提早回家 |
[08:19] | Get out. | -滚出去 |
[08:20] | I’ll just leave the proposal. | -我把提案留在这里 |
[08:29] | Apparently, Sandy was not feeling as charitable as her husband. | 显然地 珊蒂没有她丈夫来得慈善 |
[08:34] | Meanwhile, at her mortgage company across town… | 在抵押借款公司 |
[08:36] | …Miranda was having her own troubles closing the deal. | 米兰达在交易时遇到困难 |
[08:39] | So, it’s just you. | -只有你一个人? |
[08:41] | Yeah, just me. | -对,只有我 |
[08:47] | Check the ”single woman” box. | 勾选单身妇女那一栏 |
[08:50] | Initial. | 并签上你的姓 |
[08:53] | And the down payment’s coming from your father? | 头期款是你父亲支付吗? |
[08:58] | No. | 不,是我 |
[09:00] | Just me. | |
[09:07] | Check the ”single woman” box. | 勾选单身妇女栏 |
[09:13] | In the course of one hour… | 米兰达勾选了无数个 |
[09:14] | …Miranda had checked more single women’s boxes than her gynecologist. | 单身妇女栏 |
[09:20] | I’m telling you, if I was a single man, none of this would be happening. | 如果我是单身男子 他们就不会这样了 |
[09:23] | If you were a single man, I’d date you. | 如果你是单身男子 我就跟你约会 |
[09:26] | I’ve got the money, I’ve got a great job, and I still get, ”it’s just you?” | 我有钱,有好工作 |
[09:30] | They’re threatened. Buying a place alone means you don’t need a man. | 人们却老爱问我:只有你吗? |
[09:33] | I don’t. | 靠自己买一栋公寓 意味着你不需要男人 |
[09:34] | Everyone needs a man. That’s why I rent. | 每个人都需要男人 |
[09:36] | If you own and he still rents, then the power structure is all off. | 所以我只租房子 |
[09:40] | It’s emasculating. | 要不然权力结构就垮了 |
[09:41] | Men don’t want a woman who’s too self-sufficient. | 男人不需要自给自足的女人 |
[09:44] | I’m sorry, did someone just order a Victorian straight up? | 你真是来自旧时代的人 |
[09:48] | I’m sorry, Miss Jones, your card’s not accepted. | 琼斯小姐,你的卡不被接受 |
[09:51] | That’s not possible. Try it again. | -不可能,再试一次 |
[09:53] | Maybe I’m not making myself clear. | -我可能没说清楚 |
[09:55] | Your card and you are not accepted here. | 我们这里不欢迎你和你的卡 |
[09:59] | Samantha had messed with the wrong woman. | 莎曼珊招惹到不该惹的女人 |
[10:02] | Sandy Cranwell practically owned Manhattan and wanted Samantha off lt. | 珊蒂几乎拥有整个曼哈顿 她要莎曼珊在此消失 |
[10:07] | Come on, let’s go. | 走吧,我们走 |
[10:09] | Sandy Cranwell had done what any well-heeled sociallte would do. | 珊蒂做了任何富有的名流 都会做的事 |
[10:13] | She took out a social hIt on Samantha. | 她让莎曼珊在社交圈混不下去 |
[10:15] | In 12 hours, Sam had gone from ”a” list to blacklist. | 在半天内 莎曼珊从贵宾名单变成黑名单 |
[10:22] | The next night, Charlotte met Ned the widower for drinks. | 隔一晚 夏绿蒂和鳏夫耐德见面 |
[10:25] | This was fun. | -下一次我们好好吃顿饭 |
[10:26] | Maybe we could meet for a real meal next time. I’d like that. | -我很乐意 |
[10:30] | They talked about architecture, art, the lvy League. | 他们谈论建筑,艺术 和长春藤联盟 |
[10:33] | The ex-wife wasn’t even in the picture… | -他的前妻从来不是话题… |
[10:35] | Is this her? | -这是她吗? |
[10:37] | …until the ex-wife’s picture showed up. | 直到前妻的照片出现… |
[10:40] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:43] | She’s so pretty. | 她好漂亮 |
[10:48] | Let’s get out of here, okay? | 我们走吧 |
[10:51] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉,我真粗心 |
[10:52] | That was really thoughtless of me. I know this must be hard for you. | 你一定很难过 |
[10:56] | It’s just a little weird talking about her on a date. | 在约会时谈到她很奇怪 |
[10:59] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[11:08] | It’s a beautiful night. | 美丽的夜晚 |
[11:12] | Are you okay? | 耐德,你还好吗? |
[11:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉,我只是… |
[11:17] | It’s just– | |
[11:20] | Seeing Liz’s picture and thinking about her…. | 看到丽兹的照片,想到她… |
[11:26] | oh, God! I’m sorry. | -天,我很抱歉 |
[11:31] | Here. | -这给你 |
[11:32] | ordinarily, Charlotte hated when men cried. | 夏绿蒂讨厌男人哭 |
[11:34] | But on Ned, It only made him more romantic. | 但耐德的眼泪让他显得更浪漫 |
[11:45] | Wow. | 这真是太糗了 |
[11:46] | So embarrassing. | |
[11:49] | I’m just… | 我现在…感触很多 |
[11:51] | …feeling so much right now. Those were magic words to Charlotte’s ears. | 这些话在夏绿蒂耳中具有魔力 |
[11:57] | It’s okay. | 没关系,你慢慢平复情绪 |
[11:58] | You just take as much time as you need. | |
[12:00] | okay? It’s okay. | |
[12:22] | Apparently, all the time Ned needed was 45 minutes. | 显然地 耐德只需要四十五分钟 |
[12:27] | That night, under the watchful eyes of a dead woman… | 那晚,就在他亡妻的凝视下 |
[12:30] | …Ned came back to life… | 耐德“重振雄风”…两次 |
[12:33] | …twice. | |
[12:45] | one word.: | -我劝你再想想 |
[12:47] | -Rebound. -Not when the other person’s dead. | -他老婆去世了 |
[12:50] | She has a point. | -她说得有理 |
[12:51] | He’s moving on. I’m helping him to get over his wife. | -我在帮他走过丧妻之痛 |
[12:54] | This guy has ”project” written all over him. | 他根本就是事先策划好了 |
[12:56] | That’s not fair. | |
[12:58] | So how was the sex? | -他床上表现如何? |
[12:59] | Amazing. | -太棒了 |
[13:00] | It was like Liz was looking over us, giving us her blessing. | 感觉就像丽兹看着我们 祝福我们 |
[13:04] | A threesome in absentia. | 一人缺席的三人行 |
[13:05] | I mean, my hat blew right into her headstone. | 我的帽子被吹到她的墓前 |
[13:08] | She was clearly sending a message. | 她在传递某种讯息 |
[13:10] | Yeah, ”don’t fuck my husband, you hat-Ioving bitch.” | “不要搞上我老公 你这个爱帽子的贱人” |
[13:13] | He invited me to a memorial service at her grave next week. | 他邀请我参加下周 |
[13:16] | That is huge. | 她的追悼仪式 |
[13:18] | Excuse me, but when did cemeteries get so happening? | 什么时候这种事变成喜事? |
[13:20] | It’s a sign that he’s ready to move on. And he’s ready to do it with me. | 这表示他愿意跟我更进一步 |
[13:24] | You’re saying you fucked him back to life? | -所以你用性让他起死回生? |
[13:26] | In a way, yes. | -可以这么说 |
[13:28] | Man, you’re good. | 你真棒 |
[13:30] | That night I had my date with Big. | 那一晚,我跟大人物约会 |
[13:33] | I was feeling everything… | 我心中五味杂陈: |
[13:35] | …fear, happiness, dread. | 恐惧,幸福,担心 |
[13:38] | Was I ready to jump back into a life with Big in it? | 我准备好回到大人物 身边了吗? |
[13:40] | Was seeing him again a huge mistake? | 跟他再次见面是错误吗? |
[13:43] | And lf It was… | 如果是,我为什么这么兴奋? |
[13:45] | …why was I so excited? I had never felt so confused. | 我没有这么困惑过 |
[13:49] | Was Charlotte right? | 夏绿蒂是对了吗? |
[13:51] | In a world where everyone’s dying to make a connection… | 在这个人人急于攀关系的世界 |
[13:54] | …can a relationship bring you back to life? | 一段关系能让你起死回生吗? |
[13:57] | I never really thought about it. | -我想都没想过 |
[13:58] | Come on, everybody wonders what happens after you die. | -你死了以后会怎样? |
[14:01] | I’m too busy wondering who’s dinging my car in the garage. | 我忙得没时间想这种问题 |
[14:05] | I think we reincarnate. | -我想我们有轮回 |
[14:08] | That’s the easy way out. | -这是一个解脱的方法 |
[14:10] | What are you gonna come back as? | 你来世会变成什么? |
[14:14] | Someone who knows better. | 一个懂得更多的人 |
[14:17] | You smell nice. | -你闻起来好香 |
[14:19] | I’m serious. | -我是认真的 |
[14:21] | -Do you believe in heaven? -Yeah. | -你相信天堂吗? |
[14:24] | Really? | -相信 |
[14:25] | What’s your idea of heaven? | -你心中的天堂是什么样子? |
[14:28] | A big bed. | -一张大大的床 |
[14:29] | And they’re just saying, ”Come on in.” | 天堂的人对着我说:请进 |
[14:35] | You’re idea of heaven is a bed? | -你心目中的天堂是张床? |
[14:37] | It depends on who’s in it. | -那要看谁躺在上面 |
[14:39] | I’m not sleeping with you tonight. | -我今天不跟你上床 |
[14:41] | I thought we were just having dinner. | -我们不是只吃晚餐吗? |
[14:43] | We are. | 没错 |
[14:48] | A half hour later, and I was back at Big’s, the site of so many past little deaths. | 半小时后,我回到大人物家中 我过去记忆埋葬的地方 |
[14:53] | It felt great and weird and… | 感觉很棒,很怪…很不妥 |
[14:57] | …wrong. | |
[14:58] | -We can’t do this. -Yes, we can. | -不可以 -可以 |
[15:00] | Not like this. | -不要这样 |
[15:01] | You’re right, let’s go inside. | -好,我们进去 |
[15:03] | No. | 不行,我要走了 |
[15:05] | I have to go. | |
[15:09] | I didn’t know what had happened… | 突然间,我觉得跟大人物复合 |
[15:10] | …but suddenly, getting back together with Big seemed like a very bad idea. | 不是件好事 |
[15:14] | I was scared to death. The first time we got involved, I got out just in time. | 第一次跟大人物交往 我离开的正是时候 |
[15:19] | Would I be as lucky the second? | 我第二次会一样幸运吗? |
[15:21] | Across town, Samantha was facing her own uncertain future. | 莎曼珊正面对自己不定的未来 |
[15:24] | -Check it again: Samantha Jones. -Sorry. | -再查一次 -抱歉 |
[15:27] | The first time, she thought It was an unfortunate oversight. | 她第一次觉得这是 一个不幸的错误 |
[15:31] | The second time was just unfortunate. | -来的真不是时候 |
[15:33] | -I’m sorry, we’re all full. -I’ll wait for a table. | -我们客满了 -我再等别桌 |
[15:36] | Don’t bother. | -不用麻烦了 |
[15:38] | By the third time she was turned away, It had all become clear. | 当莎曼珊第三次被拒 一切就很明显了 |
[15:43] | She was deader in this town than Javier. | 她在这里死得比哈维还彻底 |
[15:46] | Teddy, take her out of here. | 把她请出去 |
[15:49] | The next day, Miranda met her new neighbor. | 隔天,米兰达遇见她的新邻居 |
[15:52] | Hello! | |
[15:54] | Are you my new neighbor? | 你们是我的新邻居吗? |
[15:56] | Yeah. Hi, I’m Miranda Hobbes. | 我是米兰达霍布斯 |
[15:58] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[16:00] | I haven’t actually moved in yet. I’m just taking some measurements. | 我还没搬进来 我只是来测量尺寸 |
[16:03] | I’m so glad to have a young person moving in. | 我很高兴有年轻人搬进来 |
[16:07] | Brings a little life to the place. | 为这个地方带来生气 |
[16:10] | Ruthie kept pretty much to herself. Never married. | 璐西很封闭,从未结婚 |
[16:14] | She died in there, you know. | -她就死在里面 |
[16:18] | She did? | -真的吗? |
[16:19] | oh, yes. | 一个礼拜后才被人发现 |
[16:21] | It was a week before anyone realized she passed. Rumor has it, the cat ate half her face. | 听说她的猫吃掉她半边脸 |
[16:30] | So, just you? | 只有你一个人? |
[16:35] | That night, Miranda had another disconcerting experience. | 那一晚,米兰达遇到一个窘境 |
[16:42] | Halfway through her Three Delicacy Delight… | 就在她穿越美丽的厨房时 |
[16:45] | …a delicacy got stuck. | 她被食物噎住了 |
[17:12] | After Miranda was done saving her own life… | 自己救回一条命后 |
[17:15] | …she called someone who could commiserate. | 她打电话找人诉苦 |
[17:18] | Unfortunately, I was deep into screening mode. | 不幸地,我正在过滤电话 |
[17:20] | Big had called twice and I didn’t know what I wanted to say to him. | 大人物打来两次 我不知道要说什么 |
[17:24] | oh my God, I just choked | 我噎到了,快死了你却不接… |
[17:26] | I just almost died and you are not– | |
[17:28] | Hey, sweetie, you all right? | -你还好吗? |
[17:30] | I was watching Hard Copy, and I kept thinking when they found me… | -我在看影集 |
[17:33] | …I would forever be the dead girl who watched bad TV. | 我想当我被发现时 我会变成看烂节目的死人 |
[17:36] | Why didn’t you call me? | -你为什么不打电话给我? |
[17:38] | I couldn’t breathe. I’m gonna die alone, Carrie. | -我没办法呼吸 |
[17:41] | No, you are not. Do you want me to come over? | -我将孤老到死 -你要我过去吗? |
[17:44] | No, I’m okay. | 我很好,明天再打给你 |
[17:46] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | |
[17:49] | The fact was, Miranda was not okay. | 米兰达一点都不好 |
[17:52] | She went to bed hungry and locked the cat in the kitchen for two days. | 她饿着肚子上床睡觉 还把猫关在厨房两天 |
[17:56] | After a week of being a social pariah… | 当了一星期的社交贱民后 |
[17:59] | …Samantha realized lf she ever wanted to get her life back, she’d have to beg for lt. | 莎曼珊领悟到她不得不求人 才能回到以前 |
[18:03] | She went to the top, the Godfather. | 她去求助最上层的教父级人物 |
[18:06] | Samantha Jones. | 莎曼珊琼斯,听起来很熟 |
[18:08] | The name sounds familiar. Shippy Shipman was the queen of the ladles who lunch. | 希琵西普曼是社交皇后 |
[18:13] | And was personally responsible for the demise of at least 70 social lives. | 她曾让至少七十个 |
[18:17] | You might know me from the Javier House Foundation? | 社交人士消失 |
[18:20] | No, that’s not it. | -因为我负责筹募哈维之屋? |
[18:22] | No? | -不是的 |
[18:23] | I believe you were the whore who once groped my husband at a Whitney benefit. | 你就是在一场慈善会中 勾引我丈夫的狐狸精 |
[18:28] | It was bad. Not only was Samantha dying… | 不只莎曼珊完蛋了 |
[18:30] | …but her entire sex life was flashing before her. | 她的性生活也从她眼前闪过 |
[18:33] | Maybe. I don’t really remember. | -或许吧,我不记得了 |
[18:36] | I do. | -我记得 |
[18:40] | You’re good friends with Sandy Cranwell? | 你跟珊蒂康威尔是好朋友? |
[18:43] | Yes, we go back to Chapin. | -没错,我跟她是旧识了 |
[18:45] | Could you maybe talk to her for me? | -你能帮我跟她讲讲话? |
[18:48] | I think you made your own bed and you need to lie in it. | 自己铺的床,自己睡 |
[18:51] | And you’re good at that, aren’t you, Samantha? | 你很擅长的不是吗? |
[18:55] | What do you want me to say, Shippy? | 希琵,你希望我说什么? |
[18:58] | That I’m a whore? | 我是个荡妇? |
[19:00] | That I’ve slept with every man in New York and some in Brooklyn? | 我跟全纽约的男人睡过 或许还有布鲁克林的? |
[19:04] | All right, maybe I have. | 好,或许是真的 |
[19:07] | Is that what it’s gonna take? | 但我需要承受这么多吗? |
[19:09] | okay, I’m a big whore. | 好,我是个大荡妇 |
[19:12] | Now, will you help me? | 你愿意帮我吗? |
[19:19] | I don’t think so. | -不愿意 |
[19:22] | Fine. | -好吧 |
[19:26] | And I only groped your husband’s flat preppy ass at that benefit… | 我是因为喝醉才会抚摸 |
[19:30] | …because I was drunk. | 你丈夫又平又垮的屁股 |
[19:32] | I’ll see myself out. | 不用送了 |
[19:38] | The next day, Miranda decided to check out her new neighborhood. | 隔天,米兰达决定 观察周遭环境 |
[19:44] | But suddenly, she was the one checking out. | 突然间,她萌生退意 |
[20:06] | That was the pecullar thing about New York… | 这就是纽约的诡异之处 |
[20:08] | …you never knew lf a cab was going to save you or kill you… | 你永远不知道计程车 |
[20:12] | Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, please. …or both. | 会救你还是害你 |
[20:17] | That was freaky. | 真的是很奇怪 |
[20:19] | I felt like I was drowning and dying at the same time. | 我觉得自己就快淹死了 |
[20:22] | They said you had a panic attack. | 你这是惊吓过度 |
[20:24] | Yeah, and I had to pay $500 of my single person’s salary to find that out. | 我得花五百块给医生诊断 |
[20:31] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[20:34] | Take a good look at my face, because at my funeral… | 好好看看我的脸 |
[20:38] | …there’ll only be half of it. | 葬礼上我的脸会只剩一半 |
[20:39] | I’ll be dead and my cat will be happy. | 我死了,我的猫会很高兴 |
[20:42] | Charlotte will be picking up men at the next grave site over. | 夏绿蒂又会藉机在墓园钓凯子 |
[20:45] | Breathe, sweetie, breathe. | 深呼吸,亲爱的 |
[20:49] | I’m all alone, Carrie. | 我一个人,凯莉 |
[20:51] | The first people on my ”call in case of emergency” list are my parents. | 我的紧急联络人是我的父母 |
[20:55] | And I don’t like them. And they live in Pennsylvania. | 我不喜欢他们 |
[20:57] | Sweetie, you can put me on there. | 而且他们住在宾州 |
[21:00] | I can’t! You screen! | -你可以写我 -不行,你不接电话 |
[21:03] | I’ll pick up. | 我保证我会接的 |
[21:05] | I promise. | |
[21:08] | Listen… | 听好,你买公寓是正确的 |
[21:10] | …you did the right thing buying that apartment. | |
[21:13] | -You love it, right? -Yeah. | -你很喜欢,不是吗? -是 |
[21:16] | And you won’t be alone forever. | 你不会一辈子孤单的 |
[21:19] | The truth was, I didn’t know lf any of us would end up alone. | 我不知道我们之中 有没有人会孤身到老 |
[21:22] | But I did know Miranda couldn’t afford another panic attack. | 我只知道米兰达禁不起 再一次的打击 |
[21:30] | Meanwhile, over in Queens… | 在皇后区 |
[21:32] | …Charlotte was about to get a surprise of her own. | 夏绿蒂正准备接受惊喜 |
[21:37] | You brought lilies. | -你带了百合花 |
[21:39] | You said they were her favorite. | -你说这是她最爱的花 |
[21:51] | Please tell me those are your sisters. | -他们是你妹妹吧? |
[21:54] | I don’t have any sisters. | -我没有妹妹 |
[21:56] | Charlotte realized she wasn’t the only woman resuscitating Ned. | 夏绿蒂不是唯一 让耐德重振雄风的人 |
[22:05] | Charlotte’s relationship died right where It started. | 夏绿蒂的感情才刚开始就结束 |
[22:08] | She was prepared to live in the shadow of a dead woman. | 她可以活在一个 死去女人的阴影下 |
[22:11] | She wasn’t prepared to live in the shadow of three live ones. | 却不能接受三个活着的女人 |
[22:24] | That Saturday, Samantha hIt rock bottom… | 那个星期六,莎曼珊跌到谷底 |
[22:27] | …also known as Javier House. | |
[22:29] | No one would return her phone calls. She hadn’t raised any money. | 没有人回她的电话 她一毛钱也没有募到 |
[22:33] | All she could do for Javier House was construct lt. | 她能为哈维之屋做的 就是帮忙盖 |
[22:36] | But slx hours of hard labor later, Samantha experienced her own rebirth. | 在辛苦工作六小时后 她获得重生 |
[22:41] | It was Leonardo DlCaprio, ex machina. | 那是李奥纳多狄卡皮欧 解围之神 |
[22:45] | That day, Leonardo and Samantha became fast friends. | 他们很快地变成朋友 |
[22:49] | The nightmare was over. | 噩梦就此结束 |
[22:51] | Leonardo DlCaprio had brought Sam back to social life. | 李奥纳多将莎曼珊带回社交圈 |
[22:58] | To add insult to panic attack… | 在惊吓过度之后 |
[23:00] | …Miranda had just gotten some unsettling news. | 米兰达接到脑人的消息 |
[23:03] | The mortgage officer had messed up Miranda’s application. | 贷款经办人窜改她的申请 |
[23:06] | They had inadvertently labeled her as ”separated.” | 他们将她贴上分居的标签 |
[23:09] | And to clear up the confusion… | 为了澄清 |
[23:10] | …Miranda had to write a rather humiliating letter. | 米兰达写了一封蒙羞的信 |
[23:20] | Miranda had a choice. She could panic or she could just type. | 米兰达有一个选择 她可以惊慌或是打字 |
[23:28] | Miranda killed her panic attacks right then and there. | 米兰达当下即克服了她的恐惧 |
[23:42] | She realized she probably wouldn’t dle alone. | 她知道她或许不会孤单地死去 |
[23:48] | But she kept overfeeding her cat just in case. | 但她一直过量地喂她的猫 |
[23:54] | Meanwhile, four unreturned calls later, my number was up. | 在四通未接电话后 我的把戏被揭穿了 |
[24:00] | Good, you’re alive. | -很好,你还活着 |
[24:02] | Wait, where are you going? | -等一下,你要去哪里? |
[24:04] | Home. | -回家,我老了,该睡觉了 -我很抱歉 应该的,我有洋基队的门票 -该死,你带谁去? -回我电话的人 |
[24:05] | I’m old. It’s past my bedtime. | |
[24:08] | -I’m sorry. -You should be. | |
[24:10] | I had box seats to a Yankee double header. | |
[24:12] | Damn! | |
[24:14] | Who’d you take? | |
[24:15] | Someone who returned my calls. | |
[24:18] | 旧事重演 | |
[24:21] | Me, Big, a doorway… | 我,大人物,在楼梯间 |
[24:24] | …and mixed emotions. | 交杂的情绪 |
[24:26] | Wait, not here. | -等一下,不要在这里 |
[24:27] | Don’t do this, Carrie. | -不要这样,凯莉 |
[24:31] | Come on. | 走吧,我们出去 |
[24:34] | We’re going out. | |
[24:37] | I took him to the most non-sexual place I could think of. | 我带他到最不会引起 |
[24:41] | ”Just you ”Just me” | 性欲的地方 |
[24:52] | I’m good! | -我真棒,你有看到吗? |
[24:54] | -Did you see that? -Wow, I sure did. | -当然有 |
[24:57] | Two pitchers of cheap beer later, Big and I were having a great time. | 喝了两壶啤酒 我们玩得很愉快 |
[25:07] | You know what my version of hell is? Wearing rented two-tone shoes. | 你知道地狱长什么样子吗? |
[25:12] | ”Just us ”Just we” Hey, batter batter! | 穿着租来的两色鞋 |
[25:20] | No heckling the bowler. | 不要刁难打保龄球的人 |
[25:32] | Did you see that? | -你有看到吗? |
[25:33] | Yeah. That was nice. | -有,很棒 |
[25:36] | Look at that. | 你看 |
[25:38] | I won. | -我赢了 |
[25:41] | okay, two out of three. | -三战两胜 |
[25:43] | You want to play a second game? | -要再玩一局吗? |
[25:46] | Maybe. | -或许吧 |
[25:48] | Are you sure you’re ready to get killed all over again? | 你准备好再一次被痛宰? |
[25:51] | I didn’t know what we were talking about anymore. | 我不确定我们在谈什么 |
[25:53] | But either way, I knew the answer. | 但我知道答案 |
[25:56] | Yep, let’s do it. | 来吧 |
[26:00] | We never made It to the second game. | 我们没有再打第二局 |
[26:05] | I didn’t know lf It was suicide or not. | 我不知道这样算不算自杀 |
[26:08] | All I knew was Big and I had been reincarnated… | 我只知道大人物跟我再生了 |
[26:13] | …and I’d never felt more alive. | 我从来没有这么有活力 |