时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | They say that New Yorkers will attend the opening of an envelope… | |
[00:51] | …as long as the champagne doesn’t run dry. | |
[00:53] | But tonight’s opening at Charlotte’s gallery for Yael… | 但今晚夏绿蒂画廊为女同志 |
[00:56] | …a lesbian painter from Brooklyn Heights… | 画家耶尔举行的展览开幕酒会 |
[00:59] | …actually transcended the bad wine, stale cheese routine. | 却超越了传统劣酒 |
[01:03] | It was lesbian chic meets art-world cool. | 腐败乳酪的固定模式 潇洒的女同志进入艺术殿堂 |
[01:06] | A surprisingly fabulous combustion that no one saw coming. | 悄悄地延烧出惊人的火花 |
[01:10] | Charlotte was there with her latest fling, Gareth Davis. | 夏绿蒂和新男友盖瑞戴维斯 |
[01:13] | A toxic bachelor and the owner of Thorn, a downtown restaurant… | 一起出席 |
[01:16] | …frequented by second-tier models and the men who buy them salad. | 他是“荆棘”的老板 那是一家二流模特儿 |
[01:22] | Miranda brought Ethan Watson… | 和包养她们的金主 时常光顾的餐厅 |
[01:24] | …a documentary filmmaker she had met the week before… | 米兰达的男伴是伊森华生 一个纪录片导演 |
[01:27] | …at a sparsely attended Harvard Alumnl mixer. | 一周前她在很少人参加的 哈佛校友会上认识的 |
[01:32] | And my date for the evening was Samantha. | 而我今晚的伴是莎曼珊 |
[01:35] | Not entirely inappropriate given the circumstances. | 在这种场合还算恰当 |
[01:38] | Here. | -没人告诉我要自备男伴 |
[01:38] | Nobody told me it was B.Y.o. Man. | -这是女同志画展 |
[01:40] | What did you expect? It’s a lesbian art show. | 难道正常的男人 |
[01:43] | But don’t straight guys follow them around to see what they’re going to do? | 不会好奇地围着她们打转吗? |
[01:48] | Wait a second. You see that guy? | 慢着,你看那个男的 |
[01:51] | -Who? -I know him. | 我认识他 |
[01:53] | -Who is he? -He’s a trainer at my gym. | -他是谁? -我健身房的教练 |
[01:56] | And you should see his squat thrusts. I’m just gonna say hello. | 你应该看他示范动作 |
[02:00] | You know what, honey? I think I’m gonna go home. | 我要去打个招呼 -我想回家了 |
[02:03] | -Relax, I’ll be right back. -I don’t feel very well. | -我马上就回来 |
[02:06] | -What’s wrong? -I have a headache. It just hit me. | -我不太舒服 -怎么了? |
[02:08] | -You want a Percodan? -I’m fine. I just need some sleep. | -我头痛 -需要止痛药吗? |
[02:12] | Go on, make new friends. | 不用,我睡一觉就行了 你去吧,去交新朋友 |
[02:13] | -I’ll call you. -okay. | -我再打给你 -好 |
[02:19] | With Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte all suitably occupied… | 既然莎曼珊、米兰达 以及夏绿蒂都各有男伴了 |
[02:23] | …I figured there was no better time to make my escape. | 没有比现在更适合逃走的时机 |
[02:28] | The truth was, I had another engagement. | 事实上我另有约会 |
[02:32] | But I didn’t dare tell any of my friends where I was going… | 但我没告诉她们 |
[02:35] | …or who I was planning to meet. | 我要去哪里或跟谁见面 |
[02:44] | -You look sensational. -You don’t look so bad yourself. | -你看起来真是艳光四射 -你也不赖 |
[02:48] | This old thing? I’ve had it for years. | 这件旧衬衫?我穿好几年了 |
[02:53] | I knew It was wrong. | 我知道这是不对的 |
[02:54] | Seeing an emotionally unavailable man I had sworn off months earlier. | 和几个月前因无法付出感情 |
[02:59] | But the guilt worked like an aphrodisiac. | 我发誓要脱离的男人见面 但罪恶感就像催情剂 |
[03:02] | I had never felt sexier or more alive in my entire life. | 我这辈子从未觉得如此性感 |
[03:08] | By midnight, Charlotte discovered Manhattan’s latest group… | 充满活力 |
[03:11] | …to flaunt their disposable income.: | 午夜前,夏绿蒂发现了一群 |
[03:15] | The power lesbian. | 炫耀财富的新集团 |
[03:17] | They seem to have everything. | 权力女同志 她们似乎拥有一切 |
[03:19] | Great shoes, killer eyewear and the secrets to invisible makeup. | 脚踩名贵的鞋子 脸上画着自然到看不出的裸妆 |
[03:23] | -I want that one. I’m gonna take it. -Didn’t I say I was buying it? | 那幅画我要了 |
[03:27] | -I thought you were taking the large one. -I want both. | -我已经说我要买了 -你是要放大的 |
[03:30] | For God’s sakes. | -我两幅都要 -看在老天份上 |
[03:32] | Charlotte had never sold out a show before in her life. | 夏绿蒂从未在展览中售完画作 |
[03:35] | She was pleasantly surprised. | 她感到十分惊喜 |
[03:37] | Unfortunately, there was a not so pleasant surprise in store for her. | 可惜,有个不太愉快的 意外等着她 |
[03:41] | We’re out of champagne. | -香槟喝完了 |
[03:43] | I’m sure I have an extra case or two in the back storeroom. | -储藏室还有一箱 |
[04:00] | Excuse me. | 抱歉打扰 |
[04:03] | Relax, we’re just kissing. | 别激动,我们只是接吻而已 |
[04:08] | I’ll see you in there. | 我们里头见 |
[04:13] | I can’t believe he had the nerve to kiss her and still pretend he wasn’t cheating. | 他和那个女人正在接吻 还装得一副没偷腥的样子 |
[04:17] | Maybe he doesn’t consider kissing cheating. | 或许他认为接吻不算偷腥 |
[04:19] | Come on. It was only your second date. | 你们才第二次约会 |
[04:22] | So? Doesn’t that guarantee me fidelity until the end of the evening? | 直到那夜结束之前 他都应该对我忠实 |
[04:26] | Remember Ron, the married guy with kids on Park Avenue? | 记得朗吗,那个有妇之夫? |
[04:29] | He didn’t consider fucking below 23rd Street cheating. | 他认为在23街以下 |
[04:31] | That’s insane. | 跟别的女人上床都不算偷腥 |
[04:33] | Men cheat for the same reason that dogs lick their balls: | 男人偷腥的原因跟狗舔自己的 |
[04:36] | Because they can. It’s part of their biology. | 睾丸一样:因为他们办得到 这是生物本能 |
[04:38] | Instead of wasting all this energy condemning it… | 我们不但不该责备他们 |
[04:41] | …maybe it’s time we all got in line with the reality of the situation. | 反而要欣然接受现实 |
[04:45] | That sounds very empowering, but you’re forgetting one detail. | -你忘了一个重要的细节 |
[04:48] | I hope so. | -希望如此 |
[04:50] | -Women cheat. -But it’s different. | -女人也会偷腥 |
[04:52] | How? | -这不一样 我们不会随便 |
[04:53] | We don’t go around randomly attacking any man we’re attracted to. | 勾搭看上眼的男人 |
[04:57] | -Speak for yourself. -We’re not driven by testosterone. | -别一概而论 -我们又不受睾丸酮控制 |
[05:00] | Then what does drive us according to you? | -不然我们受什么控制 |
[05:02] | -Emotions. -You mean hormones. | -感情 你是说荷尔蒙 |
[05:04] | No. I mean that little voice inside of me that says, ”Mate for life.” | 我内心深处有个小声音不停说 “找寻终生伴侣” |
[05:09] | You can’t listen to every fucking little voice that runs through your head. | 你不能听信脑海中每个声音 |
[05:12] | It’ll drive you nuts. | 那会把你逼疯 |
[05:15] | The problem is that you two have very different definitions of cheating. | 问题在于你们两个 |
[05:20] | I don’t tolerate it. | 对偷情的定义不同 |
[05:21] | And I’m more forgiving and realistic about human nature. | -我绝不能容忍 -我则对人性抱持现实的态度 |
[05:24] | That’s because you cheat. | 那是因为你会偷情 |
[05:26] | I just don’t think that you can define cheating in absolute terms. | 偷情无法用绝对的措辞来定义 |
[05:30] | You think it’s okay to cheat? | -你的意思是偷情无罪? |
[05:32] | I think maybe there’s a cheating curve. | -也许有所谓的偷情曲线 |
[05:35] | Someone’s definition of what constitutes cheating… | 一个人对于偷情的定义 |
[05:38] | …is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat. | 和他渴望出轨的程度恰成正比 |
[05:42] | That’s moral relativism. | -那是道德相对论 |
[05:43] | I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating. | -我认为是量子偷情论 |
[05:46] | The fact is, the act of cheating is defined by the act of getting caught. | 偷情的行为 要看有没有被抓到而定 |
[05:50] | one doesn’t exist without the other. | 两者不能独立存在 |
[05:52] | I wondered, was Samantha right? | 我不禁纳闷莎曼珊说对了吗? |
[05:55] | Is cheating like the proverbial tree in the forest? | 偷情已经变得稀松平常 |
[05:58] | That It doesn’t exist lf there’s no one around to catch you? | 如果没被发现就不算吗? |
[06:01] | In a gravity-free world of anything goes, what constitutes cheating? | 在一个无奇不有的世界 |
[06:06] | Everybody cheats. | 到底何谓偷情? |
[06:08] | That’s the great thing about having a trainer. | 人人都会偷懒 |
[06:10] | Seven, keep your neck back. | 这就是有教练的好处 |
[06:12] | Eight. | 七…脖子不要动 |
[06:14] | Pisses me off seeing people train improperly. | 看到有人姿势不正确 我就火冒三丈 |
[06:17] | I guess I better behave then. | 那我最好照规矩来 |
[06:19] | I’m all about form and discipline. | 我最讲究标准动作和严格把关 |
[06:22] | Do it right or don’t bother doing it at all. | 姿势要正确,否则根本别做 |
[06:25] | Yes. | 是 |
[06:26] | Samantha realized that while purity of form exacted a price… | 莎曼珊体会到完美的身材 |
[06:30] | …It also had lts own rewards. | 虽然需要付出代价 它也有回报 |
[06:32] | So how do you feel? | -你觉得怎么样? |
[06:34] | You got me all wet. I mean sweaty. | -你让我全湿了…满身是汗 |
[06:38] | Same time on Wednesday? | -下周三同一时间? |
[06:39] | It’s a date. | -就这么说定 |
[06:41] | Later that day, Charlotte realized she was tired of listening… | 夏绿蒂听腻了男人 |
[06:45] | …to another man’s weak justifications. | 毫无说服力的藉口 |
[06:47] | You don’t understand. She’s a friend of my sister’s from college. | 她是我妹妹的一个老朋友 |
[06:51] | She just moved to the city and her uncle died last month. | 上个月她叔叔过世 |
[06:53] | I was just trying to be supportive. | 我只是想安慰她 |
[06:56] | Besides… | 再说,你才是我想上床的对象 |
[06:57] | …you’re the one I want to sleep with. | |
[06:59] | When she felt her life take a fortuitous turn. | 她感觉她的人生 |
[07:03] | Gareth, I’ve got to go. | 偶然地转了个弯 |
[07:05] | Walt. What– | 盖瑞,我得挂了 |
[07:10] | Hi! Nice to see you. | -幸会 |
[07:12] | I just came in to pay for my painting. | -我来付画款 |
[07:14] | It’s her painting for six months and then she’s selling it back to me. | 她先保管六个月 然后再卖回给我 |
[07:18] | Excuse me. | 我家才有宽敞的阁楼 |
[07:19] | I’m the one with the big loft and all the empty white walls. | 和整面空旷的白墙壁 |
[07:23] | Look at it. I am so excited. | 你瞧那幅画,我好兴奋 |
[07:27] | Excuse me. By the way, I love the Prada loafers. | 不好意思 对了,你的普拉达鞋很好看 |
[07:30] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:32] | Power lesbians and their shoes are like Wall Street brokers and their cigars. | 权力女同志和她们穿的鞋 好比股票经纪和他们抽的雪茄 |
[07:36] | Alice told me so many nice things about you. | 爱丽丝对你夸赞不已 |
[07:38] | How long have you been doing the art thing? | 你从事艺术品买卖多久了? |
[07:41] | Ten years. No, 12 years. I’m losing track. | 十年…不,十二年了 |
[07:44] | Almost five years at this gallery. What do you do? | 在这家画廊待了快五年 |
[07:47] | I’m a V.P. at Warner Music. Eileen works on Wall Street. | -你在哪儿工作? -我是华纳唱片的副总裁 |
[07:50] | How long have you been together? | -你们在一起多久了? |
[07:52] | Used to be together. Five years. We’re just friends now. | -以前的事了,现在只是朋友 |
[07:55] | That is so cool. | 真酷 |
[07:57] | Want to join Melissa and Drew in about an hour for a drink? | 要不要和玛莉莎 及珠儿喝一杯? |
[08:00] | Sure. Would you like to join us for a drink? | 好,你要不要跟我们一起去? |
[08:05] | I wish I could, but– | -我很想去,可是… |
[08:07] | But what? | -可是什么? |
[08:08] | The truth Is Charlotte couldn’t think of one really good reason not to go. | 夏绿蒂想不出 一个拒绝的好理由 |
[08:13] | I’d love to. | 我很乐意去 |
[08:16] | one drink at G-Spot, the hottest new girl bar in town… | 在纽约最热门的女同志酒吧 “G点”喝一杯之后 |
[08:20] | …followed by dinner and scintillating conversation at Luke’s… | 她们又去“路克”吃晚饭 席间妙语如珠 |
[08:23] | …a hot new French-fusion restaurant with an even hotter chef… | 那是一家法式餐厅 主厨也是热情的女同志 |
[08:27] | …followed by late-night dancing at Love Tunnel… | 之后的深夜热舞 |
[08:29] | …left Charlotte exhilarated and happy as she’d been in ages. | 让夏绿蒂重温往日的快乐 |
[08:33] | There was something relaxing and liberating… | 这是一趟解放之旅 |
[08:35] | …in traveling in an alternate universe that contained no thought of men. | 来到一个不同的世界 可以彻底把男人抛在脑后 |
[08:39] | By the end of the night, Charlotte had truly made… | 那晚 |
[08:42] | …some wonderful new friends. | 她结识了一些很棒的新朋友 |
[08:53] | That night, Miranda was exhausted from her own night on the town. | 米兰达这一夜筋疲力尽 |
[08:57] | She had spent the last four hours in the dark with Ethan… | 她和伊森花了四个小时 |
[09:00] | …watching the classic holocaust documentary Shoah. | 观赏经典纪录片“大屠杀” |
[09:03] | Shoah is so much better than that faky, stagy Schindler’s list. | “大屠杀”比那部虚伪做作的 “辛德勒的名单”好多了 |
[09:08] | Narrative film can’t begin to touch the horror of experience. | 叙事电影根本别想碰触 |
[09:13] | only documentaries can really begin to capture the truth. | 历史的惨痛 只有纪录片才能捕捉真实 |
[09:19] | In fact, the entire concept of narrative film… | 叙事电影的整个概念 |
[09:23] | …is just bogus. You know– | 不过是狗屁… |
[09:32] | Want to come back to my place? | 要不要去我家? |
[09:35] | Miranda was pleased to discover that Ethan was as passionate in bed… | 米兰达发现伊森在床上 |
[09:39] | …as he was on the subject of non-narrative film. | 与他对非叙事电影一样热情 |
[09:42] | But just as they were getting down to business… | 当他们正要办事时 |
[09:45] | …Miranda realized they were not alone. | 她意识到他们并不孤单 |
[09:53] | What’s that for? | -那是干嘛? |
[09:54] | Just something to get us in the mood. | -可以助兴 |
[09:57] | I think it’s kind of sexy, don’t you? | 我觉得挺性感的 你不觉得吗? |
[10:00] | Yeah, I guess it could be. | 也许吧 |
[10:04] | Miranda realized that Ethan’s passion for film… | 伊森对电影的狂热 |
[10:07] | …had taken on a new and interesting twlst. | 呈现出一个很有意思的癖好 |
[10:12] | A few nights later, after a late show of Gimme Shelter at the Waverly… | 半夜看完了纪录片 “变调摇滚乐” |
[10:16] | …Miranda discovered that Ethan’s new friends were hard to shake. | 米兰达发现 伊森的新朋友实在难以摆脱 |
[10:25] | -Does that really need to be on? -No. | 需要开着吗? |
[10:28] | It just really turns me on. | -那真的让我性致勃勃 |
[10:31] | -Aren’t I enough? -You’re great. | -有了我还不够吗? |
[10:34] | I can turn off the sound if it bugs you. | 你很棒,若你觉得受到干扰 我可以关掉声音 |
[10:41] | Could you move your head a bit to the right? | 你能把头往右移吗? |
[10:45] | Yeah. That’s great. | |
[10:49] | That night, in Mr. Big’s kitchen, I performed an unnatural act of my own. | 那晚在大人物的厨房 |
[10:54] | I cooked. | 我展现了难得一见的技艺 我下厨做菜 |
[10:56] | Volla. Fondue. | 来了,火锅上桌 |
[11:00] | You didn’t cook. You just heated up cheese. | -你只是加热起司 |
[11:03] | And tore up little pieces of bread. | -还有把面包撕成一小块 |
[11:05] | -I’m touched by your effort. -okay. | 你的努力真让我感动 |
[11:08] | It’s the only recipe I could ever master. | 这是我唯一擅长的菜 |
[11:14] | All rightly. | 好了,现在… |
[11:16] | Now… | |
[11:18] | …tell me you love it. | 告诉我你喜欢吃 |
[11:24] | Tasty. | 美味极了 |
[11:29] | Now you tell me. | 换你了 |
[11:35] | It’s horrible. | -好难吃 |
[11:37] | Can we go to a restaurant now? | -现在可以去餐厅吃饭了吗? |
[11:42] | I take it back. You’re an excellent cook. | 我收回那句话 你是个很棒的厨子 |
[11:47] | I haven’t told my friends we’re seeing each other. | 我还没跟我朋友说 |
[11:52] | Neither have I. | 我们又开始约会 |
[11:54] | -That doesn’t count. You have no friends. -I have interested parties. | -我也没说 -你根本没朋友 |
[11:58] | -Why haven’t you told them? -I sensed you didn’t want me to. | -我有生意上的伙伴 -你为何不告诉他们? |
[12:01] | Bullshit. | -我觉得你不希望我说 -才怪 |
[12:02] | What do you want me to tell people? | 你要我说什么? |
[12:07] | -Nothing. -Good idea. Let’s keep it quiet. | -没什么 -很好,那就保密吧 |
[12:09] | -Why do you want to keep it quiet? -I just want to be agreeable. | -你为什么想保密? -我只是迎合你 |
[12:18] | The truth ls, I wasn’t sure why I wanted to keep the fact… | 我不知道为什么想把和大人物 |
[12:21] | …that I was seeing Big again so under wraps. | 重新交往的事瞒得那么紧 |
[12:23] | All I knew Is that It felt somehow illicit. | 那似乎是不正当的 |
[12:26] | I didn’t even want to be caught waking up there. | 我甚至不想在他家过夜 |
[12:30] | That morning at 7.:00 a.m… | 那天早上七点 |
[12:32] | …as I walked the Walk of Shame back to my apartment…. | 当我慢慢走回公寓时… |
[12:37] | My god! | -凯莉? -米兰达,天啊… |
[12:39] | -What are you doing up here? -Teeth cleaning. | 你怎么会在这里? -我去洗牙 |
[12:42] | -At 7:00 a.m.? -I like to get it over with. How’s Ethan? | -在早上七点? 我想赶快解决这件事 |
[12:46] | -Aside from his porn addiction? -Still? | 伊森还好吗? 除了他沉溺于色情片之外? |
[12:49] | It was kind of sexy at first, but it’s getting borderline humiliating. | 起初是很吸引人,但他越来越 过分,老说把头移开… |
[12:53] | ”Move your head here. Move your head there.” | 你不觉得真枪实弹 |
[12:55] | Isn’t the real thing more exciting than a tape? | 比看录影带刺激多了 |
[12:59] | Maybe it’s a force of habit. | 也许这只是习惯使然 |
[13:01] | I get the feeling he’s more interested in the video than me. | 我觉得他对影片中的 女主角更有兴趣 |
[13:04] | Like he’s cheating on me with them while we’re having sex. I don’t know. | 那感觉就好像 他在我们做爱时对我不忠 |
[13:08] | Am I expecting too much? | -是我要求太多吗? |
[13:10] | No, you deserve his undivided attention. | -你值得他全心全意的对待 |
[13:13] | Thank you. I have to go. I have a breakfast meeting. | 谢谢,我得走了 八点要开早餐会 |
[13:16] | -You’re dressed up for the dentist! -Laundry day. | -你看牙医穿得太隆重了吧 -衣服送洗了 |
[13:20] | -Got it. -Bye, sweetie. | -明白 -再见,亲爱的 |
[13:22] | I felt horrible. I had never lied to Miranda before. | 我觉得自己很恶劣 我从未向米兰达撒谎 |
[13:26] | But I was embarrassed to admit that I was seeing Big again. | 但我不好意思承认 和大人物见面的事 |
[13:28] | The truth was, I was cheating on her and all my friends with Mr. Big. | 我跟大人物 一起欺骗了她和所有朋友 |
[13:33] | That afternoon, Samantha got very personal with her new trainer, Thor. | 当天下午,莎曼珊和她新的 健身教练索尔关系更加密切 |
[13:38] | I bet you sleep with all your clients. | 我敢说你一定跟每个学员上床 |
[13:41] | I really don’t, but it’s always been kind of a fantasy for me. | 我没有 |
[13:45] | -Maybe I could train you. -Why don’t we take a shower first? | 但这一直都是我的幻想 -也许我可以训练你 |
[13:49] | You got great legs. | -我们先去淋浴吧 |
[13:51] | If I knew we were going to be doing this, I’d have shaved them. | -你的腿好美 |
[13:54] | That’s all right. I’ll shave them for you. | -早知道我就会刮毛 |
[14:10] | Are you a dirty girl? | 我帮你刮 你是个坏女孩吗? |
[14:12] | I guess that depends on your definition of dirty. | 那要看你对坏的定义为何 |
[14:18] | And then to Samantha’s surprise and delight… | 接着,让莎曼珊又惊又喜的是 |
[14:22] | …Thor kept right on shaving. | 索尔的手并没有停下来 |
[14:32] | What is this thing guys have these days about wanting to shave your pubic hair? | 男人为什么会想帮你刮阴毛? |
[14:37] | It’s obvious. They want a little girl. | 他们对小女孩有憧憬 |
[14:39] | Actually, in Thor’s case, it was more like being branded. | 索尔这么做 比较像是在我身上烙印 |
[14:44] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思? |
[14:46] | He shaved me in a shape: a lightning bolt. | 他把那里修剪成闪电状 |
[14:50] | Where do you find these guys? Carrie, are you listening to this? | 你从哪里认识这些男人? 凯莉,你有没有听到? |
[14:54] | That very personal trainer of Samantha’s… | 莎曼珊的教练 |
[14:56] | …shaved her crotch in the shape of a lightening bolt. | 帮她把阴毛修成闪电状 |
[15:00] | Really. It’s very creative. Sort of like X marks the spot. | 很有创意 |
[15:04] | You know, it’s a very neglected area. | 有点像是用X做记号 |
[15:06] | But people are really starting to pay attention. | 那地方常常被忽略 但现在人们开始注意它了 |
[15:09] | You can’t just let it grow wild. | 你再也不能任由那里杂草丛生 |
[15:11] | There’s an entire business… | 修整阴毛的生意商机无限 |
[15:13] | …devoted to the upkeep and management of pubic hair. | 这跟你穿什么鞋子一样 |
[15:16] | It says as much about you as shoes. | 代表着个人风格 |
[15:18] | Congratulations, it sounds like you found yourself a very talented stylist. | 恭喜 你找到一个很有天分的设计师 |
[15:23] | What are you doing in there? | 凯莉,你在里面干嘛? |
[15:25] | You know what? Can somebody get that? I’ll be out in a sec. | 帮我开一下门好吗? |
[15:29] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉,我迟到了 |
[15:31] | You didn’t have to get all dressed up for us. | 跟我们出去不用这么盛装吧 |
[15:34] | Why not? You did your hair. | 有何不可?你也除毛了 |
[15:38] | It’s not for you guys. I’m meeting Lydia and her friends tonight. | 这不是为了你们 我要和莉蒂亚还有她朋友见面 |
[15:41] | -Who’s Lydia? -Haven’t you heard? Charlotte’s a lesbian. | -谁是莉蒂亚? -夏绿蒂是同性恋 |
[15:45] | I am not a lesbian. I just have some new lesbian friends. | 我才不是 我只是交了一些女同志朋友 |
[15:49] | She’s been out with them three times this past week. | 这礼拜她已经和她们 |
[15:51] | So? | 出去三次了 |
[15:53] | They’re cool and they buy art and their lives aren’t complicated by men. | 她们都很酷,而且生活 |
[15:57] | I was a major lesbian in the fourth grade. | 不会被男人搞得那么复杂 我四年级时是同性恋 |
[16:00] | Wendy Kirsten. We kissed. It was nice. | 和温蒂克斯顿 我们接吻,感觉很好 |
[16:02] | They know you’re straight, right? | 她们知道你爱的是男人吗? |
[16:05] | I’m sure they do, but we don’t even talk about sex. It’s a non-issue. | 我肯定她们知道,我们甚至 不谈论性爱,这不是问题 |
[16:11] | You have to tell them, otherwise you’re just leading them on. | 你得跟她们说清楚 否则就是在误导她们 |
[16:14] | You’re nothing but a big clit tease. | 你只是心血来潮客串一下 |
[16:16] | Are you saying that a straight woman and a gay woman can’t be friends? | 难道异性恋者 不能和女同志做朋友吗? |
[16:20] | of course, but you can’t expect to move to Wonder Woman’s island and not go native. | 当然可以,但你不能到了 |
[16:27] | Where’s Carrie? | 神力女超人世界却不入境随俗 |
[16:28] | If she doesn’t get out of the bathroom, we’ll miss the movie. | -凯莉呢? -我们快赶不上电影了 |
[16:31] | Is everything okay in there? | 你在厕所里还好吗? |
[16:37] | Actually, no. | 老实说,不好,我需要帮忙 |
[16:39] | I need help. | 我新装的避孕器卡住了 |
[16:42] | This is embarrassing. I got a new diaphragm and it’s stuck. | -卡在里面多久了? |
[16:46] | How long has it been in there? Since last night. | -自从昨天晚上 |
[16:50] | While you were getting your teeth cleaned– | 早上你说去洗牙… |
[16:54] | I’m either gonna have to make an emergency visit to my gynecologist… | 现在我不是去妇产科挂急诊 |
[16:58] | …or someone’s gonna have to help me. | -就是你们其中一个进来帮我 |
[17:00] | I’d help you, but I’m not very dexterous. | -我的手不怎么灵巧 |
[17:03] | You’re the lesbian, go in there. | 你是同性恋,你去 |
[17:06] | No. | 不要 |
[17:09] | Go. | 我来 |
[17:13] | And I just had my nails done. | 我才刚做完指甲 |
[17:18] | You are so buying me dinner. | 你非请我吃晚餐不可 |
[17:21] | Wait. Aren’t we skipping a beat here? | 等等,你跟谁上床? |
[17:23] | Who are you sleeping with? | |
[17:26] | It’s something that started again a few weeks ago. | 是从几个星期前开始的 |
[17:28] | I don’t know if it’s real so I didn’t want to say anything. | 我没有告诉你们 |
[17:33] | It’s Big. | 不过…是大人物 |
[17:34] | You’re sleeping with Big? He was such an asshole to you. | -你跟大人物上床? -他对你那么差劲 |
[17:37] | Not really. Maybe sometimes. | 不尽然如此 |
[17:41] | Why do you think it’ll be different this time? | -也许有时候… |
[17:43] | I don’t know. I’m not sure they are, but it kind of feels okay. | -你凭什么认为这次会不同? |
[17:48] | If it feels okay, why are you sneaking around? | 我不知道,但情况似乎有改善 那你何必瞒着我们? |
[17:51] | We’ve got this physical, chemical… | 我们在肉体和心灵上 |
[17:54] | …kind of connection that’s hard to shake. | 都很有默契 |
[17:57] | So lay off, okay? | 这是很难说断就断的 你们饶了我吧 |
[17:58] | -Now it’s gonna be a casual sex thing? -Maybe. | -所以这只是偶然的性关系? |
[18:01] | -That’s gonna work. -Even I am not that naive. | -也许 就连我都没这么天真 |
[18:04] | I’m really not in the mood to see a movie anymore. | 我没心情看电影了 |
[18:10] | Come on! | -凯莉 -别这样… |
[18:12] | I couldn’t sleep at all that night. | 那晚我彻夜未眠 |
[18:16] | The problem was, my friends were right. | 我的朋友说得对 |
[18:18] | Falling into this casual thing with Big, without a sense of what happened… | 和大人物陷入这种 |
[18:22] | …or where It was going, suddenly felt like a huge mistake. | 前途茫茫的关系中 我突然觉得大错特错 |
[18:30] | The next morning, Charlotte attended brunch at the home of Patty Aston… | 夏绿蒂去派蒂艾斯顿的家 参加早午餐聚会 |
[18:33] | …the ex-wife of a Hollywood television producer. | 她的前夫是一位电视制作人 |
[18:36] | If power lesbians represented Manhattan’s chicest new social hlve… | 如果权力女同志是曼哈顿 最时髦的社交族群 |
[18:40] | …Charlotte was about to meet their queen bee. | 夏绿蒂即将和她们的女王见面 |
[18:43] | Patty is an amazing lady. | 派蒂棒呆了,她是一百个慈善 |
[18:44] | She’s on the board of 100 charities and now she’s taking flying lessons. | 团体的董事,还去上飞行课程 |
[18:48] | She’s got a house in Telluride. We’re all going there for Easter. | 我们复活节要去她泰莱德的 别墅玩,你也应该一起来 |
[18:51] | -You should come. -I’d love to. | 我很乐意 |
[18:54] | She also has some very interesting art. | 她的收藏也很不同凡响 |
[18:59] | Dlana the Huntress. | 狩猎女神黛安娜 |
[19:01] | I got her on sale. | 我在拍卖会上买的 |
[19:03] | This is Charlotte. | 派蒂,她就是夏绿蒂 |
[19:05] | A pleasure. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about you. | 我已经久仰大名 |
[19:09] | Likewise. | 我刚和夏绿蒂 |
[19:10] | I was telling Charlotte about your amazing house in Telluride. | 聊到你在泰莱德的别墅 |
[19:14] | Sounds wonderful. | -听起来很棒 |
[19:15] | I’m gonna get us some drinks. | -我去拿饮料,香槟好吗? |
[19:17] | -Champagne? -Sure. | -你会滑雪吗? |
[19:19] | Do you ski? | -会,但滑得不好 |
[19:20] | Yes, but not well. I guess I’m what you’d call a snow bunny. | 我就像所谓的小雪兔 |
[19:24] | I just kind of hop down the bunny trail. | 老是蹦蹦跳跳摔个四脚朝天 |
[19:27] | It’s not a prerequisite, believe me. | 这不是最重要的 |
[19:30] | It’s wonderful to leave the city and be in the mountains. | 置身山林的感觉非常舒服 |
[19:33] | Absolutely. | 一点也没错 |
[19:35] | You should plan to join us the next time. I know Lydia would love it if you could. | 下次你应该加入我们 莉蒂亚一定会很高兴 |
[19:39] | That’s very generous of you. | 你真慷慨 |
[19:41] | But before we get on a plane together, there’s something we all want to know. | 不过首先大家都很想知道 |
[19:45] | Are you gay? | 你是同志吗? |
[19:48] | No, I’m not. | 我不是,但我非常享受 |
[19:50] | But I do so enjoy the company of all these women. | 跟你们相处的时光 |
[19:54] | Everyone’s so smart and funny. | 每个人都既聪明又风趣 |
[19:57] | After spending too much time and attention on men… | 在男人身上花太多注意力之后 |
[19:59] | …it feels like such a safe, warm environment. | 这里是一个安全、温馨的环境 |
[20:03] | And while sexually, I feel that I am straight… | 虽然性向上我爱的是男人 |
[20:06] | …there’s a very powerful part of me that connects to the female spirit. | 但有一部分的我 |
[20:11] | Sweetheart, that’s all very nice… | 和女性精神是紧密连结的 这些都很好 |
[20:14] | …but if you’re not going to eat pussy, you’re not a dyke. | 但若你不和女人上床 |
[20:21] | Later that afternoon, following a particularly grueling workout with Thor… | 你便不是同志 |
[20:25] | …Samantha decided to take a relaxing steam. | 经过索尔的魔鬼训练之后 |
[20:40] | That asshole! | 莎曼珊决定来个放松的蒸气浴 那个混帐 |
[20:43] | That day at the gym… | 莎曼珊发现 |
[20:44] | …Samantha discovered that lightning does indeed strike twice. | 闪电的确会出现两次 |
[20:52] | That evening, Miranda was treated to a double bill. | 米兰达则得欣赏两出戏码 |
[20:55] | Nanook of the North at Alice Tully Hall… | 在艾莉丝杜利厅看完 “北方的南努克” |
[20:57] | …and Steady as She Blows at Ethan Watson’s Porn Palace. | 然后是伊森色情片皇宫放映的 |
[21:01] | Hold it right there. | “高潮迭起” 停在那儿别动 |
[21:08] | All right, that’s enough! | 够了,这可不是同步转播 |
[21:10] | This is not a synchronized event. | 听着,我喜欢你 |
[21:14] | Look, I like you. | 但这越来越荒谬了 |
[21:16] | But this is ridiculous. It’s either the women in the video or me. | 不是A片女郎就是我 |
[21:20] | Your choice, but you can’t have both. | 你只能选一个 |
[21:23] | It’s not that simple. | 米兰达,这没那么简单 |
[21:25] | I’ve only known you for a few weeks. | 我只认识你几星期 |
[21:28] | But I’ve been involved with these women for years. | 而她们已经陪伴我好几年了 |
[21:31] | I am so out of here. | 我真的要走了 |
[21:41] | That night, for the first time ever, Big took me out dancing. | 当晚,大人物第一次 带我去跳舞 |
[21:45] | It was like he knew I needed to talk to him… | 仿佛他想让谈话 |
[21:48] | …and decided to make It as difficult as possible. | 尽可能变得困难 |
[21:51] | our attraction, or addiction, or whatever, was strong. | 我们互相强烈地吸引 |
[21:54] | But I knew I had to be stronger. | 但我知道我得更进一步 |
[21:56] | Does this mean we’re seeing each other again? officially? | 这表示我们正式复合了吗? |
[22:00] | If you say so. | -如果你要这么说的话 |
[22:02] | That is an infuriating response. | -这种回答令人很火大 |
[22:06] | I don’t know what ”officially” means. | 我不知道何谓正式 |
[22:08] | ”officially” means officially. | 正式就是…正式 |
[22:15] | You know, for real. | 你知道,就是来真的 |
[22:17] | Every moment of my life is for real, baby. | 我生命中每一刻 |
[22:23] | Just answer me this: Why did we break up? | 都是来真的,宝贝 |
[22:29] | You tell me. | 只要回答我这个问题 我们为什么分手? |
[22:30] | You’re the one who left me high and dry with two tickets to St. Barts. | 应该你告诉我 是你把我一个人丢在街上不管 |
[22:34] | You didn’t say what I wanted to hear. | 你不肯说我想听的话 |
[22:41] | Is that it? | -是吗? |
[22:43] | No, not just that. | -不只如此 |
[22:45] | I wanted to tell him I was afraid he could never love me… | 我想告诉他我害怕他永远不会 |
[22:48] | …the way I wanted to be loved. | 如我希望的那样爱我 |
[22:50] | I was afraid that he didn’t really have the capacity… | 我害怕他除了自己谁也不爱 |
[22:52] | …to love anyone but himself. | |
[22:54] | I was afraid that, given the chance, he’d break my heart again. | 我害怕他会再次伤我的心 |
[22:57] | But I cheated and just said…. | 但我只轻描淡写地说了一句… |
[22:59] | I guess I was afraid. | 我害怕 |
[23:07] | I can tell you one thing. | 我可以告诉你一件事 |
[23:10] | I sure did miss you officially. | 我真的很想你 |
[23:18] | Did you cry? | 正式地想你 你有没有哭? |
[23:22] | No. | 没有,不过我倒是听了一堆 |
[23:25] | But I did listen to a hell of a lot of Sinatra. | 法兰克辛纳屈的歌 |
[23:29] | And there It was. I guess we were back together officially. | 就这样,我想我们正式复合了 |
[23:34] | Whatever that means. | 不管那是什么意思 |