时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:08] | Here are some things I love about New York.: | 我喜爱纽约的几件事如下 |
[01:11] | That week in spring when It’s warm, but not hot… | 春季的暖和天气,不冷也不热 |
[01:14] | …and the trees are just beginning to bloom. | 正要萌芽开花的树 |
[01:17] | Men in suits. | 穿西装的男人 |
[01:19] | Three papers and 12 gossip columns. | 三份报纸以及12个八卦专栏 |
[01:22] | It’s easy for me to say, ”I love you, New York.” | “我爱你,纽约” 这句话很容易说出口 |
[01:24] | It’s not so easy to say, ”I love you, Mr. Big.” | “我爱你,大人物” 这句话却很难 |
[01:29] | The first time I realized I actually loved Big… | 我第一次发现 自己真的爱大人物 |
[01:32] | …was over toast and coffee one morning. | 是在某个早上 吃面包、喝咖啡的时候 |
[01:35] | What? | 怎么了? |
[01:40] | Thanks, honey. | 谢了,亲爱的 |
[01:46] | What? | -怎么了? |
[01:47] | Nothing. | -没事 |
[01:49] | The first time I felt like saying It was the night he took me to the ballet. | 我第一次想对他说“我爱你” 是他带我去看芭蕾舞时 |
[01:53] | And he hates the ballet. | 而他讨厌芭蕾舞 |
[01:55] | I don’t want to disappoint you. | 我不想扫你的兴 |
[01:57] | A couple of those dancers were on wires. | 但是有几个舞者吊钢丝 |
[02:01] | They were not. | 他们没有吊钢丝 |
[02:02] | on a couple of those big leaps I saw the wires. | 在做一些跳跃动作时我看见了 |
[02:06] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[02:08] | What? | |
[02:11] | I love…your hair like that. | 我爱…你乱七八糟的头发 |
[02:14] | Cut it out. | 别闹了 |
[02:19] | And then there was the time I never expected to say lt. | 然而我从未预期说出口的时机 却突然来临 |
[02:24] | Last Friday night at approximately 7.:20 p.m… | 上周五晚上,大约七点二十分 |
[02:29] | …Big was picking me up to take me out to dinner. | 大人物来接我出去晚餐 |
[02:32] | I just have to change my shoes. | -我只要换双鞋就好了 |
[02:34] | Hurry, we don’t want to be late. | -动作快,迟到可不好 |
[02:36] | If we grab a cab on Madison, we can be there in five minutes. | 如果搭计程车 五分钟之内就可以到 |
[02:47] | Here. | 送给你的 |
[02:50] | What’s this for? | -为什么? |
[02:52] | I just saw it and thought of you. | -我看到它便想起了你 |
[03:06] | It was just wrong. | 这…就是不对劲 |
[03:09] | It was wrong. | |
[03:11] | I didn’t know what to say except.: | 我不知该说什么,只好说… |
[03:16] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[03:18] | You told Big, ”I love you”, because he gave you that? | 你因为这玩意儿 对他说你爱他? |
[03:20] | What did you think it was, a large diamond duck ring? | 你以为这是个钻石鸭戒指吗? |
[03:23] | I think my mother has one in the shape of a squirrel. | 我妈有一个松鼠形状的 |
[03:26] | Note that I did not say, ”I love the purse.” | -我不是说“我爱钱包” |
[03:29] | What did he say? | -他说什么? |
[03:31] | He just… | 他只是反应有点吃惊 |
[03:32] | …sort of reacted stunned for a moment and then he said.: | 然后说… |
[03:38] | You’re welcome. I’ll just wait for you outside. | 不客气,我在外面等你 |
[03:43] | Maybe he thought you said, ”I love it.” | 也许他以为你说的是 “我爱钱包” |
[03:46] | It was a very deliberate and distinct ”you.” | 不,我刻意说清楚是“你” |
[03:49] | He just pretended you didn’t say it? | 所以他假装你没说? |
[03:52] | Yeah, but we both know I did. | 但我们都知道我说了 |
[03:54] | I’ve laid down the gauntlet. | 现在我已经摊牌 |
[03:56] | He has to say ”I love you” back or I have to break up with him. | 如果他不回应“我爱你” 我就得跟他分手 |
[04:00] | How long are you giving him? | -你要给他多久时间? |
[04:01] | I didn’t put an expiration date on it. | -我没有设定有效期限 |
[04:04] | It’s got the shelf life of a dairy product, it’ll curdle in a week. | 不过我想感情将会在一周内 开始凝结 |
[04:08] | It’s so interesting. | 跟男人说“我恨你” |
[04:09] | Tell a man, ”I hate you”, you’ll have the best sex of your life. | 你将会享受这辈子最棒的性爱 |
[04:12] | But tell him, ”I love you”, you’ll probably never see him again. | 跟他说“我爱你” 却很可能再也见不到他 |
[04:16] | That’s very comforting right now. | -现在说这话还真令人欣慰 |
[04:19] | Wait a minute. Time out. | -等等 |
[04:21] | Did you ever think that at this very moment… | 你们有没有想过也许这男人 |
[04:24] | …the man might be trying to find his way to tell Carrie that he loves her? | 正试着用自己的方式 告诉凯莉他爱她? |
[04:28] | listening to Miranda wax optimistic about love… | 米兰达对于爱情的乐观态度 |
[04:31] | …was more disorienting than a heat wave in February. | 比二月的热浪更令人困惑 |
[04:36] | It seemed that Miranda, love’s greatest skeptic… | 但从前最大的 爱情怀疑论者米兰达 |
[04:40] | …had recently experienced a romantic epiphany. | 已亲身体验浪漫的美妙 |
[04:43] | Grab us a seat outside and I’ll meet you out there. | 去外面找位子 |
[04:45] | -Will you let me pay this time? -Your money’s no good here. | -这次让我付帐好吗? |
[04:48] | Grab us a bench. All right. | -你的钱在这儿不管用 |
[04:54] | -How much? -$5.90. | -多少钱? -五块九 |
[04:56] | She was dating a bartender who worshiped her. | 她正和一个崇拜她的酒保交往 |
[04:59] | Miranda was so crazy about him in return… | 米兰达为他疯狂 |
[05:02] | …she let him take her out to dinner. | 她让他带她出去吃晚餐 |
[05:04] | But only to places she knew he could afford. | 但只去她知道 他负担得起的地方 |
[05:07] | Best slices in the city, don’t you think? | 这是纽约最好吃的披萨 |
[05:13] | Saturday, my firm is having its annual dinner thing. | 我的事务所 星期六要举办年度餐会 |
[05:17] | I was wondering–if you think the bar could spare you, you could be my date. | 不知道酒吧能不能放你一天假 |
[05:22] | I warn you, it’ll be totally boring. | 让你当我的男伴 先警告你,那场合非常无聊 |
[05:25] | It’s not gonna be boring if I’m there with you. | 有我陪你就不无聊 |
[05:34] | You probably should wear a suit. | 你可能得穿西装 |
[05:38] | It’s gonna be a big fancy affair. | 这是一场盛大豪华的宴会? |
[05:42] | -You do have a suit, right? -Sure, I do. | -你有西装吧? |
[05:45] | It’s really nice. It’s gold. | -当然有,很漂亮,是金色的 |
[05:49] | It’s gold? | -金色的? |
[05:50] | Yeah, corduroy. | -对,而且还是灯芯绒的料子 |
[05:56] | What’s wrong with corduroy? | 灯芯绒有什么不好? |
[05:58] | I don’t have enough time to tell you what’s wrong with corduroy. | 说都说不完 |
[06:06] | For the first time, Steve took Miranda back to his place. | 史蒂夫第一次带米兰达回家 |
[06:13] | This is your apartment. | 这就是你的公寓? |
[06:15] | You like? | -你喜欢吗? |
[06:18] | It’s sweet. | -很别致 |
[06:20] | I modeled it after DeNiro’s place in Taxi Driver. | 我模仿罗伯特迪理路在 “计程车司机”中的房子布置 |
[06:25] | I’m kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[06:29] | It’s cheap and it’s near the bar. | 这里租金便宜,离酒吧又近… |
[06:32] | You never have to come here again. | 而且你可以永远不必再来 |
[06:48] | That evening Miranda experienced her first pangs of yuppie guilt. | 当晚,米兰达第一次感到 雅痞的罪恶感 |
[06:54] | A lot of wonderful artists worked as bartenders for years. | 许多很棒的艺术家 都当过好几年酒保 |
[06:57] | It doesn’t mean he won’t make money some day. | 也许有一天他会赚大钱 |
[06:59] | He’s not an artist, slash, bartender. | 他不是艺术家型的酒保 |
[07:02] | He’s just happy being a bartender, period. | 他对当酒保乐在其中 |
[07:05] | No aspirations beyond shaking cocktails and refilling peanut bowls. | 除了调制鸡尾酒 和装满花生碗之外胸无大志 |
[07:09] | How’s he in bed? | -他的床上功夫如何? |
[07:11] | There are no words. | -无可挑剔 |
[07:13] | Sounds like a dream relationship to me. | 在我听来像是一段理想的恋情 |
[07:15] | He can make you cum, then make you a Cosmopolitan. | 他可以让你达到高潮 接着调一杯四海为家给你 |
[07:19] | How can you get serious with a guy whose entire future is based on tips? | 你怎能对一个未来靠小费 过活的男人认真? |
[07:24] | Wait a minute. | 慢着,多金的男人 |
[07:26] | Rich men date not-so-rich women all the time. | 总是跟不怎么有钱的女人交往 |
[07:29] | Look at me and Big. | 看看我和大人物 |
[07:31] | It’s not about money, it’s about compatibility. | 这与金钱无关 是因为我们合得来 |
[07:34] | It’s normal for the guy to have more money. | 但男人比较有钱才正常 拜托 |
[07:38] | I know lots of women who make more money than their husbands. | 很多女人比老公会赚钱 |
[07:42] | You’re all missing my point. | 你们没听懂我的重点 |
[07:43] | None of this matters to me. | 这对我一点也不重要 |
[07:45] | I don’t want it to matter to him. | 我不希望他受影响 |
[07:47] | When single men have money, it’s to their advantage. | 如果单身的男人有钱 这是他们的优势 |
[07:50] | If a single woman has money, it’s a problem to be deaIt with. | 但若是单身的女人有钱 就会出问题 |
[07:54] | It’s ridiculous. I want to enjoy my success, not apologize for it. | 这真是太可笑了,我想要享受 事业的成功,而非为此歉疚 |
[07:58] | Bravo, honey. | 亲爱的,说得好 |
[08:01] | You’re talking about more than a difference in income. | 你说的不只是收入的差异 |
[08:04] | You’re talking about a difference in background and education. | 还有出身背景和教育程度 |
[08:07] | This guy is working class. | -这个男人是劳动阶级 |
[08:09] | Working class? | -劳动阶级? |
[08:11] | It’s the Millennium. We don’t say ”working class” anymore. | 现在是千禧年 没有人说“劳动阶级”了 |
[08:14] | You’re trying to pretend we live in a classless society… | 你们正假装 我们活在一个无阶级的社会中 |
[08:18] | …and we don’t. | 但并非如此 |
[08:24] | Marie-Antoinette, we get the picture. | 好吧,玛丽皇后 |
[08:27] | Thank you. | 我们明白了,谢谢 |
[08:28] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[08:30] | I’m dating a guy right now and he’s got an actual servant. | 我现在交往的对象 事实上就有一个仆人 -什么? -真的吗? |
[08:36] | It seems that Samantha was dating Harvey Terkel… | 莎曼珊正和哈维泰凯尔交往 |
[08:39] | …a real estate investor who had just made a killing in the market… | 他是个刚从不动产市场 大捞一票的投资者 |
[08:43] | …turning Chelsea sweatshops into luxury co-ops for the upwardly trendy. | 为上流社会赶时髦的人 |
[08:47] | Sum is a fantastic cook. | 将工业区变成精品街 |
[08:49] | You won’t eat better Thai food in Bangkok. | 桑姆是个很棒的厨子,在曼谷 也吃不到这么棒的泰国菜 |
[08:51] | More, Mr. Harvey? | -还要面吗,哈维先生? |
[08:54] | Yes, please. | -好的 |
[08:57] | You like spicy like Mr. Harvey, miss? | 你跟哈维先生一样爱吃辣吗? |
[08:59] | I love spicy. | 我最爱吃辣了 |
[09:01] | Enjoy. | 慢用 |
[09:04] | Isn’t she the best? | 她很棒吧?我不能没有她 |
[09:06] | I could not live without her. | |
[09:10] | I wondered, was New York really any different from New Delhl? | 我纳闷着 纽约和新德里真的有差别吗? |
[09:14] | Had our class system been replaced by a caste system? | 社会的阶级制度 是否已被种姓制度取代? |
[09:17] | And lf so, can we date outside our caste? | 若真如此,我们可以 和不同阶级的人交往吗? |
[09:22] | That night, Big took me out for a romantic dinner. | 当晚,大人物带我出去 享用一顿浪漫的晚餐 |
[09:25] | I could smell It coming the way you can smell a thunderstorm coming. | 我可以感觉到就是今晚了 如同在暴风雨前察觉得到一样 |
[09:30] | A mere two days after I had said, ”I love you”… | 在我说“我爱你”仅仅两天后 |
[09:32] | …Big had found his own way to say ”I love you” to me. | 大人物已找到自己的方式 |
[09:36] | You’re gonna love this. | /对我说“我爱你” |
[09:38] | It’s from a small winery in the heart of Tuscany. | 你一定会喜欢这个 它出自多斯加尼一家小酿酒厂 |
[09:44] | Delicious. | 真好喝 |
[09:48] | I rented a villa there one summer with the ex. | 我曾在那里租了一栋别墅 |
[09:51] | It was incredible. | 风景漂亮极了 |
[09:55] | I’ve always wanted to go back with someone I actually liked. | 我一直想跟真正心仪的对象 来个旧地重游 |
[10:02] | There’s something I’ve been meaning to tell you ever since… | 自从送你那个钱包 |
[10:06] | …the night I gave you the purse: | 我就一直想跟你说一件事 |
[10:13] | You can take it back, if you don’t like it. | 如果你不喜欢可以拿去退 |
[10:16] | That became the first night I wanted to tell Big… | 那是我第一次想对大人物说… |
[10:19] | …”I hate you”. | “我恨你” |
[10:25] | The next afternoon, Charlotte made the acquaintance… | 隔天下午 |
[10:28] | …of a member of the very highest caste. | 夏绿蒂认识了最高阶级的成员 |
[10:30] | A caste that from coast to coast, rich and poor… | 从东岸到西岸,不分富贵贫穷 |
[10:33] | …everyone deferred to and honored without question… | 人人都听从尊敬的阶级就是… |
[10:37] | …the movie star. | 电影明星 |
[10:42] | I’m Charlotte York. I’m the director of the gallery. | 你好,我是夏绿蒂约克 画廊的经纪人 |
[10:45] | Wiley Ford. | -我是韦利福特 |
[10:47] | I know. | -我知道 |
[10:51] | How much for this piece? | 这幅画多少钱? |
[10:53] | The fire extinguisher? | 灭火器? |
[10:59] | That’s a real fire extinguisher. | 不…这真的是灭火器 |
[11:02] | For the gallery, in case there’s a fire. | 画廊用的,以防发生火灾 |
[11:08] | I guess I’m a total idiot. | -我想我真是个大白痴 |
[11:09] | No, it happens all the time. | -常有这种事 |
[11:13] | You can have it. Take it. | 你要的话可以拿去 |
[11:15] | You can say you got it at the gallery. | 说你在画廊买的 |
[11:18] | People will probably think it’s a Jeff Koons. | 别人搞不好会以为 那是杰夫孔斯的作品 |
[11:23] | You are adorable. | 你真可爱 |
[11:26] | What do you think about closing up for the rest of the afternoon? | 你认为提早打烊怎么样? |
[11:34] | Chariene, you are so hot. | 夏琳,你好性感 |
[11:36] | Can’t wait to get you to bed. | 我等不及跟你上床 |
[11:39] | Charlotte. My name is Charlotte. | 是夏绿蒂,我的名字叫夏绿蒂 |
[11:43] | I prefer Chariene. | -我比较喜欢叫你夏琳 -好吧 |
[11:50] | This champagne is running through me. Yo, bud, pull over, I need to take a leak. | 我喝太多香槟了 靠边停,我要尿尿 |
[12:01] | Sit tight, beautiful. | 坐好,美人 |
[12:15] | You’ll never believe where I am. | 你绝不会相信我在哪里 |
[12:17] | I’m in the back of a limo about to go have sex with Wiley Ford. | 在一部豪华轿车的后座 即将和韦利福特上床 |
[12:21] | Where is he now? | -他现在人呢? |
[12:22] | He’s taking a leak out in the alley, isn’t that cute? | -在小巷子里尿尿 |
[12:25] | It’s adorable. Charlotte, listen to me, get out of there immediately. | 听我说,马上离开 |
[12:29] | All my rules just went right out the window. | 我所有的原则都飞出窗外了 |
[12:31] | It’s like, he wants me and I have to obey. | 仿佛他想要我而我便得服从 |
[12:36] | He’s zipping up, gotta go. | 他在拉拉练了,我得挂了 |
[12:48] | While Charlotte began to enjoy the perks of celebrity… | 当夏绿蒂享受著名人的殷勤 |
[12:51] | …Samantha discovered Harvey Terkel came with some nice perks of his own. | 莎曼珊发现 哈维也提供完善的服务 |
[12:56] | Stay in bed as long as you want. | 你想在床上待多久都可以 |
[12:59] | Sum will make you breakfast. | 桑姆会为你做早餐 |
[13:00] | That’s really not necessary. | 真的没有必要 |
[13:02] | Please, she loves it. | 拜托,她很乐意 |
[13:06] | Do you like fresh orange or grapefruit? | -新鲜的柳橙还是葡萄柚? -柳橙 -蛋要如何料理呢? -半生不熟 |
[13:09] | -orange. | -orange. |
[13:11] | -Eggs? -Coddied. | |
[13:14] | Coming right up. | 马上来 |
[13:19] | I’ll call you. | 我再打电话给你 |
[13:22] | While Samantha didn’t believe in having servants… | 她从不考虑请奴仆 |
[13:24] | …she had no problem dating a man who did. | 但跟有奴仆的男人交往 却不成问题 |
[13:27] | She knew It might take some adjusting, but she could get used to lt. | 经过一番调适,她已经习惯了 |
[13:33] | Bye, Sum. | 再见,桑姆,好好照顾莎曼珊 |
[13:35] | Take good care of Samantha. | |
[13:38] | Bye, Mr. Harvey. | 再见,哈维先生 |
[13:47] | okay, lazy bones, out of bed. | 好了,懒骨头,快起床 |
[13:51] | -Excuse me? -Up, must wash sheets. | -什么? -起来…我得洗床单 |
[13:54] | Should I have my breakfast in the dining room– | 我应该在饭厅用早餐吗? |
[13:56] | Breakfast? I got no time to make breakfast. | 早餐?我才没空做早餐 |
[14:00] | Got a lot of work to do around here. | 我有一大堆事要做 |
[14:06] | It was then Samantha realized that Sum was not so servile after all. | 那时莎曼珊才了解 桑姆并非如此温顺 |
[14:11] | That afternoon during her lunch break, Miranda took Steve shopping. | 当天下午米兰达利用午餐空档 |
[14:15] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | 带史蒂夫去买衣服 |
[14:17] | What do you think? | -你觉得怎么样? |
[14:18] | I think it’s frightening how good I look. | -我真是好看得吓人 |
[14:21] | It’s a beautiful suit. I think we should take it. | 这套西装很漂亮 我认为应该买下来 |
[14:25] | Could you do a cuff with a nice break? | 裤管可以翻个边吗? |
[14:27] | -Will these be the shoes? -I think we should take the shoes. | -要配这双鞋吗? -我想鞋子也应该买下来 |
[14:31] | Don’t you think so? | -应该买这双鞋吗? |
[14:33] | I guess we’re taking the shoes. | -我们要买这双鞋 |
[14:39] | Just like that. | 就是那样 |
[14:41] | Jesus, $1,800. | 老天,一千八百块 |
[14:45] | I guess I better not spill anything. | 我想我最好别打翻任何东西 |
[14:49] | Don’t worry. It’s my treat. | -别担心,我来付帐 |
[14:52] | What? | -什么? |
[14:53] | I invited you, I want to pay for the suit. | -是我邀请你,所以由我出钱 |
[14:55] | No way, you’re not buying me a suit. | -不,你不能买西装给我 |
[15:04] | I wanted to do this for you. | 但我想买给你 |
[15:07] | Then I start to think of you like my mother and that can get a little weird for me. | 这样我会开始觉得你像我妈 那感觉很怪 |
[15:12] | Sorry, sir, it was declined. | 抱歉,先生,这张卡被拒绝了 |
[15:14] | -Would you like to try another one? -Why don’t you try mine? | 你还想试另一张吗? 何不试试我的卡? |
[15:18] | How about this? | 这样好了,这张卡刷八百块 |
[15:20] | Let’s try $800 on the card, I’ll write a check for $1,000 and the rest in cash. | 我再开一张一千块的支票 剩下的用现金付 |
[15:24] | Forget it. It’s too expensive. | -史蒂夫,算了,太贵了 |
[15:26] | Would you just let me buy the fucking suit? | -你就让我买这该死的西装吧 |
[15:35] | That Saturday, Big took me to a cocktail party… | 星期六大人物带我去参加 在莎莲娜布希家中 |
[15:38] | …at the home of Sarina Bush… | 举行的鸡尾酒派对… |
[15:41] | Great purse, fabulous. | 很美的钱包 |
[15:42] | Careful! | 小心点,这可是白地毯 |
[15:44] | White rugs. | |
[15:46] | …an Upper East Slde hostess famous for her husband’s money… | 她以丈夫的财富闻名 |
[15:49] | …and a close friendship with Tina Brown. | 并且和蒂娜布朗交情匪浅 |
[15:51] | I knew her 10 years ago when she was famous for… | 十年前我便认识她 |
[15:54] | …her father’s money and a close friendship with her drug dealer. | 当时她因父亲有钱 以及和毒贩往来密切而出名 |
[15:58] | God, I hate Park Avenue. | 我讨厌公园大道 |
[16:00] | It’s like being in a foreign country. | 好像到了陌生国度 |
[16:03] | Just think of me as your passport, baby. | 把我当成你的护照吧,宝贝 |
[16:05] | As we walked through the room… | 当我们穿过房间 |
[16:07] | …of women clutching their bejeweled swan, kitten and asparagus purses… | 满屋都是拿着珠宝包的女人 |
[16:11] | …I realized to my horror that not only did Big not love me… | 我惊恐地发现 大人物不但不爱我 |
[16:16] | …he had absolutely no idea who I was. | 他根本不知道我是谁 |
[16:19] | -Can I get you a drink? -Tanqueray and tonic. | -需要什么饮料吗? |
[16:22] | Carrie, a drink? | -坦奎利加奎宁水,你呢? |
[16:25] | Red wine, please. | 请给我红酒 |
[16:27] | I’m sorry, Ms. Bush doesn’t serve any brown food or drink. | 很抱歉,布希女士不供应 任何有颜色的食物或饮料 |
[16:31] | Can I get you something clear? | 可以换一种透明的饮料吗? |
[16:37] | Vodka on the rocks. | 那…伏特加酒加冰块 |
[16:40] | No brown food? | 不供应有颜色的食物? |
[16:43] | I think we’ve encountered a mutant strain of Upper East Side anal. | 我们遇到上东城区的突变体了 |
[16:47] | She’s a little strange. I’ve known her for years, she’s okay. | 她是有点怪,我认识她 好几年了,她人还不错 |
[16:50] | I’m sure she’s fabulous until you spill something. | 直到你打翻东西 |
[16:53] | It’s like she’s trying to cultivate an eccentricity… | 她似乎刻意培养一种怪癖 |
[16:56] | …so people won’t notice she’s completely devoid of personality. | 别人才不会注意到她毫无个性 |
[17:00] | -Don’t be a bitch. -I’m not, I’m being myself. | -嘴巴别这么坏 -我没有,我只是说出真心话 |
[17:03] | You’re being a bit of a bitch. | 你嘴巴有点坏 |
[17:04] | Sweetheart! | 亲爱的,你好吗?好久不见 |
[17:06] | How are you? It’s been forever. | |
[17:11] | Thank you for having us. | 谢谢你邀请我们 莎莲娜,你认识凯莉的 |
[17:13] | Sarina, you know Carrie. | -是的 -你好 |
[17:18] | Darling, you can’t smoke in here. | 亲爱的…这里不能抽烟 |
[17:22] | Terrace. | -阳台可以 |
[17:24] | That’s where I’ll be. | -那我过去了 |
[17:27] | Just like that, I was cast out of the fancy party. | 就这样,我被逐出豪华派对了 |
[17:32] | Charlotte found herself the newest member of Wlley Ford’s entourage. | 夏绿蒂发现自己成了 韦利福特身边的新成员 |
[17:37] | When did marijuana become legal in restaurants? | 大麻什么时候在餐厅合法了? |
[17:42] | It didn’t. | 并没有 |
[17:46] | -Here. -No, thank you. | -来,吸一口 |
[17:48] | I don’t smoke pot. | -不,谢了,我不抽大麻 |
[17:55] | You do now. | 你现在抽了 |
[18:10] | Sum was very rude to me the other morning. | 桑姆那天早上对我很不礼貌 |
[18:13] | She practically threw me out of bed. | 她几乎把我赶下床 |
[18:17] | You must’ve misunderstood. | 你一定是误会了 |
[18:19] | Her English isn’t really that good. | 她的英文不太好 |
[18:25] | More asparagus, Miss? | 还要来一点芦笋吗? |
[18:27] | It was then Samantha realized… | 莎曼珊这才意识到… |
[18:30] | …she wasn’t so dlm, that Sum. | 桑姆心机有多重 |
[18:34] | That night, I realized that relationships had a caste system of their own. | 我发现感情中的确有阶级制度 |
[18:37] | There’s the person who says, ”I love you.” | 有人说“我爱你” |
[18:40] | And there’s the person who never responds. | 有人却从不回应 |
[18:47] | What are you doing here? | -凯莉 -嗨 |
[18:49] | Purveying the beverages. | 杰瑞米,你在这里做什么? |
[18:52] | -Just snuck out here to smoke. -Good. | 负责送饮料 我只是溜出来抽根烟 |
[18:54] | Are you friends with these people? | -你认识这些人吗? |
[18:57] | God, no. | -老天,才不呢 |
[18:58] | A little uptight. | 有点神经质,不供应 |
[19:00] | -What’s with the no brown food deal? -Whatever. | 有颜色的食物,什么烂规矩 |
[19:03] | Jeremlah was a famous downtown performance artist… | 杰瑞米是下城著名的 表演艺术家 |
[19:05] | …who was best known uptown as.: ”Kld, give me another scotch and soda.” | 在上城以“再来一杯 威士忌和汽水”最为人知晓 |
[19:09] | We had engaged in a mild flirtation for years. | 几年前我们曾有过一段情 |
[19:12] | Who’re you here with? | -你跟谁一起来? |
[19:15] | Some guy. | -某人 |
[19:18] | I got a new tattoo, want to see it? | 我有一个新的刺青,你想看吗 |
[19:25] | -Is that real? -Yeah, it’s real. | -那是真的吗? -没错 |
[19:28] | How far down does that go? | 那有多下面? |
[19:32] | Pretty far. | 很下面,你看 |
[19:33] | Check it out. | 好棒 |
[19:43] | Shit. | 糟了 |
[19:45] | Excuse me. | 抱歉打扰 |
[19:49] | Shit. | 该死 |
[20:10] | Were you really giving the caterer a blow job? | 你真的在外面 帮那个小弟口交吗? |
[20:13] | First of all, he’s not a caterer. | 首先,他不是小弟 |
[20:15] | He’s a well-known performance artist. | 他是个很有名的表演艺术家 |
[20:18] | That didn’t answer my question. | -你没回答我的问题 |
[20:20] | Because it was offensive. | -因为那太侮辱人 |
[20:23] | Whatever you were doing, please stop. | 不管你在做什么,请你停止 |
[20:27] | You’re embarrassing me. | -你会丢我的脸 |
[20:28] | I’m embarrassing you? | -我会丢你的脸? |
[20:30] | If you’d joined me on the terrace like a gentleman… | 如果你像个绅士一样 陪我到阳台 |
[20:33] | …we wouldn’t be having this conversation. | 我们就不必站在这里说这些话 |
[20:36] | Let’s just go. | -我们走吧 |
[20:37] | You go, I’m having a good time. | -要走你走,我玩得正开心呢 |
[20:45] | And across town, Miranda was late for the firm dinner. | 而在城市的另一头 米兰达参加晚宴要迟到了 |
[20:58] | Why are you dressed like that? | 你为什么穿这样? |
[21:00] | I returned the suit. | 我把西装退回去了 |
[21:03] | Frankly, I couldn’t afford it. | 老实说,我根本买不起 |
[21:06] | Then why didn’t you let me pay for it? | 那你为什么不让我付钱? |
[21:08] | Miranda, you need to be with a guy who’s more on your level. | 米兰达 |
[21:14] | Being in that store with you… | 你得跟和你比较匹配的人交往 和你一起在那间店里… |
[21:17] | …I didn’t feel good about myself. | 我觉得不太自在 |
[21:21] | I think you’re an incredible lady. | -你是个很棒的人 |
[21:24] | You want to break up with me over a suit? | -你为了一套西装跟我分手? |
[21:28] | Fuck the suit. | 去他的西装 |
[21:31] | It’s not just the suit. | 不只是西装,总会不停有 |
[21:34] | There’s always gonna be things out of my reach. | 超出我能力所及的东西出现 |
[21:38] | I’m being punished for being successful. | 我因为事业成功而受惩罚 |
[21:42] | That’s not how I mean it. | 我不是这个意思 |
[21:46] | Got it. | 我懂了 |
[21:49] | Thanks for the info and for standing me up. | 谢谢你通知我,放我鸽子 |
[21:52] | It’s been nice knowing you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[21:55] | An hour later, adrift in a sea of Italian wool crepe… | 一个小时后,在穿着意大利 羊毛西装的人海中载浮载沉 |
[21:59] | …Miranda wondered what was really so wrong with corduroy, anyway. | 米兰达思考灯芯绒布料 到底有什么不好 |
[22:06] | In the space of one evening, Charlotte had gone from girlfriend… | 同一个晚上 夏绿蒂的地位从女朋友… |
[22:11] | …to grouple. | 变成了跟班 |
[22:13] | Who had the rum and coke? | 谁点兰姆酒和可乐? |
[22:27] | Listen, Chariene. | 听着,夏琳 |
[22:29] | I want you to do something for me. | 我要你帮我做一件事 |
[22:32] | I want you to go to the ladies’ room… | 你去厕所 |
[22:34] | …stick your finger in your pussy… | 把手指伸进阴道 |
[22:37] | …come back and let me smell it. | 然后回来让我闻一闻 |
[22:48] | I don’t think so. | 我想这样不太好 -借过 -夏琳? |
[22:56] | Charlotte realized, another moment at the top… | 若在顶端多待一分钟 |
[22:59] | …and she would have become an Untouchable. | 她恐怕将沦为贱民 |
[23:02] | ”Jeremiah was a bullfrog | (杰瑞米是只牛蛙) |
[23:06] | ”Was a good friend of mine | (也是我的好友) |
[23:10] | ”I never understood a single word he said | (他说的话 |
[23:13] | ”But I helped him drink his wine” | 我一句都听不懂…) |
[23:15] | After Jeremlah got fired, we celebrated downtown… | 杰瑞米被开除之后 |
[23:18] | …with a couple of pitchers of Margarltas. | 我们到下城 灌了好几壶玛格丽特以兹庆祝 |
[23:20] | ”Joy to the world | (普世欢腾…所有男女…) |
[23:24] | ”All the boys and girls | |
[23:27] | ”Joy to the– | |
[23:36] | ”Joy to the fishes in the deep blue–” | |
[23:39] | I don’t live here. ”Joy to you and me” | 我不住这里 |
[23:43] | That was the last thing I remembered that night. ”If I were the king of the world” | 那是我当晚记得的最后一件事 |
[23:52] | -You just relax. -I will. | 你只管休息,我去淋个浴 |
[23:54] | I’m gonna go grab a shower. | |
[24:04] | Excuse me. | 你要干嘛? |
[24:06] | Nasty. | 下流的女人 |
[24:08] | Nasty girl. | |
[24:10] | You dirty cock-sucking whore. | 你这肮脏、无耻的淫妇 |
[24:14] | Must wash sheets right away. | 得马上洗床单 |
[24:17] | Stop it! Let go. You’re crazy. | 住手,放开,你疯了 |
[24:21] | What’s going on out here? | 这里发生什么事了? |
[24:26] | I’m so sorry. | 哈维先生,我很抱歉 我只是想洗床单 |
[24:28] | I just tried to wash the sheets, but that lady hit me. | -但小姐却打我 -有没有搞错? |
[24:34] | How dare you treat Sum that way. | 你竟敢如此对待桑姆 |
[24:36] | -Let me explain. -No! | -听我解释 |
[24:39] | There’s no explanation. | -不必了,没什么好说的 |
[24:41] | Just get out of here. | 给我滚出去 |
[24:44] | Samantha realized there was only room for one woman in Harvey’s life. | 莎曼珊终于明白 在哈维的生命中 |
[24:54] | Jesus. | 只容得下一个女人 老天 |
[25:00] | listen… | 听着…我知道你在气什么 |
[25:01] | …I know what you’re really pissed off about. | |
[25:04] | It’s just something I gotta do in my own time. | 只不过我必须照着我的步调来 |
[25:10] | okay? I fucking love you. | 该死,我爱你 |
[25:15] | All right? You know I do. | 行了吗?你心知肚明 |
[25:18] | Good morning. | |
[25:20] | It’s just a tough thing for me to say… | 只是我很难说出口 |
[25:23] | …because it always seems to get me in trouble when I say it. | 因为每次说了之后 似乎总是惹来麻烦 |
[25:28] | okay? | -好吗? |
[25:30] | okay. | -好 |
[25:32] | Are we okay? | 我们没事吧? |
[25:36] | We’re great. | 我们很好 |
[25:38] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你,我晚一点再打给你 |
[25:41] | I’ll call you later, okay? | |
[25:52] | Did we? | 我们有没有… |
[25:55] | Definitely not. | -绝对没有 |
[25:58] | I didn’t think so. | -我想也是 |
[26:06] | I felt like I was the lowest of the low. | 我觉得自己卑劣到极点 |
[26:09] | I never told Mr. Big. | 但我从未告诉大人物 |
[26:11] | I figured everything before ”I love you”just doesn’t count. | 我想在说“我爱你”之前 一切都不算数 |