时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | There Is nothing more humiliating for a woman than a visit to the gynecologist… | 任何事都比不上去看妇产科 |
[00:53] | Do you need more orthoNovum? | 更叫人难堪 你还需要避孕药吗? |
[00:55] | …unless It’s having to tell your gynecologist… | 除非结果显示你不需要 |
[00:58] | …you don’t need the pill anymore. | 再服药了 |
[01:00] | Actually, I’m going off it. | -我暂时不想吃 |
[01:02] | -Are you trying to have a baby? -No! | -你想怀孕吗? |
[01:07] | I sort of jumped the gun going on it in the first place because Steve… | 不,其实是我太操之过急了 我的史蒂夫…他是我的前男友 |
[01:12] | …the guy that I went on it for, the first real relationship I’ve had in years, is over… | 我们结束了长达几年的恋情 |
[01:17] | …and I don’t need a daily reminder that I’m not having sex. | 我不需要每天找个东西 |
[01:21] | So that’s the story with the pill. | 来提醒我没有做爱 |
[01:24] | okay, I’m quiet now. | 所以我不用吃药了 好了,我闭嘴总行了吧 |
[01:26] | Just when Miranda thought she’d hIt rock bottom… | 正当米兰达处在谷底时 |
[01:29] | …she discovered a new geological layer of humiliation. | 才发现她要面临另一个难堪 |
[01:34] | We got your tests back and everything looks fine. | -你的测试显示一切都很好 |
[01:36] | Great! | -好极了 |
[01:37] | Just one small thing. It appears you have a lazy ovary. | 只是有件小事 |
[01:42] | A lazy ovary? | 你的排卵有点迟缓 排卵迟缓? |
[01:44] | Your right ovary has stopped producing eggs. | 你的右卵巢停止制造卵子了 |
[01:47] | Is it possible it’s just on strike? | 它有没有可能是在闹罢工? |
[01:51] | I know what this is. | 我的右卵巢已经放弃了希望 |
[01:53] | My right ovary has given up hope that I will ever get married and have kids. | 认为我不可能结婚生子 |
[01:57] | It’s like a case you know will settle out of court. Why bother? | 就像庭外和解一样 何须多此一举? |
[02:00] | -The left one still believes. -I’m a biological underachiever. | -你的左卵巢至少还相信你 -我的生物一向不及格 |
[02:04] | It’s ironic because that ovary went to Harvard. | 我的右卵巢上了哈佛大学 真是讽刺 |
[02:07] | I have a tilted uterus. | -我的子宫易位 |
[02:11] | The sperm have to jump over that hurdle to get to my egg. | -那又怎样? 所以精虫得跳过障碍 |
[02:15] | But once they get there, there will be an egg. | 才能会合我的卵子 那里至少还有一颗卵子 |
[02:17] | I need a new gynecologist. Do you like yours? | 我想另外找一家妇产科 你喜欢你的医生吗? |
[02:20] | Not right now. No. | -现在不喜欢 |
[02:21] | At least she’s a woman. | -至少她是个女人 |
[02:22] | I tried to go to a man, but it was too strange… | 我试着去看过男医生 |
[02:25] | …him spending all that time down there and leaving without an orgasm, and a bill. | 他却把时间全花在下面 结果连高潮和帐单都没给我 |
[02:30] | Here. I’m going to get this. | 今天我请客 |
[02:32] | I don’t think these are accepted here. | -我想餐厅大概不会收这个 |
[02:37] | I’m spending the night at Big’s. | -我今晚要在大人物家过夜 |
[02:39] | After all this time, you don’t have so much as a drawer there? | 我的天,你们交往了这么久 你还没有抽屉可放东西吗? |
[02:43] | Big is weird about stuff. | -大人物对私人物品很在意 |
[02:44] | All men are. That’s why you have to just stake out some territory. | -男人都一样 所以你更应该声张你的地盘 |
[02:48] | -It’s not a land run, it’s a relationship. -Exactly! Talk to him about it! | 这又不是争购土地 我们只是朋友 没错,你应该和他谈谈 |
[02:52] | With Big, I think it’s best to walk softly and carry a big purse. | 对大人物而言还是提着包袱 安静的离开为妙 |
[02:56] | Yes, she shouldn’t leave anything there to remain a creature of mystery. | 没错,她不应该留下私人物品 保持神秘感很重要 |
[03:00] | What’s the big mystery? He knows she wears underwear. | 他都知道她穿内裤了 还有什么神秘可言? |
[03:03] | I never leave underwear because I never see it again. | 我绝不会留内裤在男人家里 我绝不会再看到它 |
[03:06] | -What happens to it? -Nothing. I never go back. | -你的内裤怎么了? -没什么,我从来不吃回头草 |
[03:09] | Isn’t it a little expensive disposing of lingerie every time you sleep with a guy? | 每和男人上床就得丢一件内裤 是不是太浪费了? |
[03:13] | That’s why I stopped wearing underwear on dates. | 所以我现在约会都不穿了 |
[03:16] | That’s why I’m never borrowing a dress from you again. | 这也是我为什么不再向你 借衣服的原因 |
[03:19] | I once found another woman’s underwear in a man’s bed. | 有一次我在一个男人家里 发现别的女人的内裤 |
[03:22] | Maybe it was Samantha’s! | 那也许是莎曼珊的 |
[03:26] | once in Steve’s bathroom, I found one of those hair scrunchies from the ’80s. | 有一次我在史蒂夫的浴室 发现一根卷曲的毛发 |
[03:31] | I’m not sure what was more disturbing: the fact that he had a girlfriend before… | 我就一直在想他是在我之前 和女友亲热过 |
[03:35] | …or the fact that he dated someone who wore a scrunchie. | 还是和他约会的女人 穿了一件毛衣 |
[03:38] | Half my music collection was left behind by past boyfriends. | -我有半数唱盘都是前男友的 |
[03:41] | -I always give that stuff back. -I don’t. | -我会把那种东西还回去 |
[03:44] | I consider it a parting gift. | 我不认为那是分手的礼物 |
[03:45] | ”Thanks for playing. Here’s Hootie and the Blowfish.” | 我是“混混与自大狂合唱团” 的忠实听众 |
[03:49] | They’re sexual souvenirs. | -那是两性关系的纪念品 |
[03:51] | okay, then I want a T-shirt that says: | -我就向他要了一件T恤 |
[03:53] | ”I dated a bartender and all I got was this lousy ovary.” | 上面印有“我与酒保约会 却搞得卵巢脏兮兮”的字样 |
[04:00] | The next morning at Big’s, I started to think. | 第二天一早在大人物家里 我便开始思索 |
[04:03] | If the things we leave behind… | 要是我们留下的东西 |
[04:05] | …become the archeological relics of our sexual history… | 会成为交往过的纪念 |
[04:08] | …I should be able to leave something. | 我是该留下点东西 |
[04:17] | Ancient man left cave drawings to prove they existed. | 古人用壁画证明他们曾经存在 |
[04:21] | I left a Hair Pro 1200. | 我则留下了吹风机 |
[04:28] | And I didn’t stop at that. | 还乐此不疲 |
[04:36] | Man may have discovered fire… | 男人或许发现了火 |
[04:38] | …but women discovered how to play with lt. | 女人却学会了玩火 |
[04:43] | Charlotte was making history as well. | 夏绿蒂也在创造历史 |
[04:45] | Tired of the Neanderthals she’d been dating… | 她受够了和她交往的 那个原始人 |
[04:48] | …she spent her night with a gay friend who catered parties for the gallery.: | 竟然和一个承办酒席的同性恋 共度周六夜晚 |
[04:53] | Dessert chef, Stephan Bodean. | 而她当晚的点心就是主厨 史蒂芬鲍丁 |
[04:55] | I had no idea that Betty Buckley was so talented! | 真没想到蓓蒂布克鲁 这么多才多艺 |
[04:58] | Please! She is the cat’s pajamas. | 拜托,她可是猫的睡衣 |
[05:01] | Why do people say that? | -大家为什么都这么说她? |
[05:02] | I have no idea. Maybe because she was in Cats. | -不知道 或许是因为她演出过“猫”吧 |
[05:06] | Let’s start another one. Like, ”She’s the dog’s tuxedo.” | 我们也来自创一句 好比“她是狗的晚礼服” |
[05:12] | -Thank you so much for inviting me. -No, please. | 谢谢你今晚邀请我去 |
[05:14] | Thank you for accepting my last minute invite. | 别这么说 谢谢你接受我临时的邀约 |
[05:17] | My friend Don canceled and we had had tickets forever. | 我的朋友唐今早取消了约会 这张门票又退不掉 |
[05:20] | Call me anytime. | 你随时都可以找我 |
[05:21] | It’s refreshing to go out with a man I can talk to. | 能和男人这样畅谈非常难得 |
[05:24] | -You want to grab a cappuccino? -No, I’ve just got to get on home. | -你想喝杯咖啡吗? -不了,我得回家了 |
[05:28] | -You’re uptown? -Yeah, and you’re…. | -你住在住宅区? -对,那你… |
[05:30] | Chelsea. I’ll hail you a cab. | 我住在切尔西区 我帮你叫一辆计程车 |
[05:42] | -or you could get one yourself. -It helps to show a little leg. | -你也可以自己叫辆车 -露出大腿会有点帮助 |
[05:46] | You know, I tried that and nothing. | 我试过,可惜一无所获 |
[05:50] | Thank you. Goodnight. | 谢谢,晚安 |
[06:02] | Goodnight. | |
[06:09] | What happened? What do you think? | 那出了什么问题? |
[06:11] | I am so confused. Is he gay or is he straight? | 我也搞不清了 他到底是不是同性恋? |
[06:14] | It’s not that simple anymore. | 问题没这么简单,问题在于… |
[06:16] | The real question is: | |
[06:18] | Is he a straight gay man, or is he a gay straight man? | 他是个纯粹的男同性恋? 还是个双性恋? |
[06:21] | The gay straight man was a new strain of heterosexual male… | 男同性恋是个新兴的族群 |
[06:24] | …spawned in Manhattan as the resuIt of overexposure to fashion… | 目前大量出现在 曼哈顿的时尚圈 |
[06:28] | …exotic cuisine, musical theater and antique furniture. | 外国餐厅、音乐会 和古董家具界中 |
[06:31] | Hopefully, he’s a gay straight man… | 他最好是个双性恋的男同性恋 |
[06:33] | …meaning he’s straight with great gay qualities. | 这表示他拥有男同性恋的特质 |
[06:36] | Whereas a straight gay guy… | 如果他是纯粹的男同性恋 |
[06:37] | …is just a gay guy who plays sports and won’t fuck you. | 表示他根本不可能碰你 |
[06:41] | He must be a gay straight man because he asked Charlotte out for a second date. | 那他一定是双性恋 因为他又约夏绿蒂出去了 |
[06:45] | Unless he’s a straight gay man in denial. | 除非他拒绝承认自己 是个百分之百的男同性恋 |
[06:47] | But Saturday night wasn’t even a date. | 但那根本不叫约会 |
[06:50] | I didn’t wash my hair and I wore my glasses! | 我没洗头,也戴着眼镜 |
[06:52] | Are those recreational, because this drink isn’t doing it for me. | 那是消遣用药吗? 这杯酒对我根本没作用 |
[06:56] | They’re hormones. I’m trying to jump-start my ovary. | 这是促进卵巢排卵的荷尔蒙 |
[06:59] | -My mother’s taking those for menopause. -Does she have a tilted uterus, too? | 我妈停经之后才吃那种药 |
[07:04] | Isn’t anybody going to notice my purse? | 她的子宫也易位吗? 你们都没注意到我的皮包吗? |
[07:07] | Cute! Is it new? | -真可爱,这是新款的吗? |
[07:10] | No, but it is quite small and panty-free. | -不,但它小得放不下内裤 |
[07:13] | You left your underwear at Big’s. | -你将内裤留在大人物家了? |
[07:15] | No, but I did leave a hair brush, a hair dryer, razors… | -没有,但我留了梳子 |
[07:19] | …tampons and eye-makeup remover. | 吹风机、除毛刀、月经棉条 还有眼部卸妆液 |
[07:22] | Good for you! | 有进步 |
[07:25] | And something else. | 还有别的东西 |
[07:27] | What? | -什么? -你快说 |
[07:32] | For the first time at Big’s, I did a number two. | 我第一次在大人物家里上大号 |
[07:38] | I think it’s a good sign… | 我觉得在他家上大号很自在 |
[07:41] | …that I feel comfortable enough with Big to do a number two. | 这是好现象 |
[07:44] | It is not a good sign! It’s the end of romance. | 才怪 |
[07:47] | This is a big deal! | -这是恋爱的终结 -这真的很了不起 |
[07:49] | I went through a relationship never doing that at the guy’s place… | 我在上一段感情 都没做过这种事 |
[07:52] | …including a weekend in Bermuda… | 我们周末出去度假 |
[07:54] | …where I spent the whole time running to the lobby. | 我还一直跑大厅的洗手间 |
[07:57] | It’s tough in New York. | 这在纽约真的很不容易 |
[07:58] | Small apartments, one bathroom. You can hear everything. | 在小公寓里做什么都听得到 |
[08:01] | That’s why I only date rich men. | 所以我只和有钱人约会 |
[08:03] | Money means that there’s enough space to distance yourself from the number two. | 钱能买到足够的空间 让你上大号 |
[08:07] | I have never done a number two at a boyfriend’s place. | 我就从未在男友家上过大号 |
[08:11] | Honey, you’re so uptight, you need to do a number seven. | 你太紧张了,你应该上七号 |
[08:15] | Excuse me, it’s from that guy at the end of the bar. | 抱歉 |
[08:19] | Really? | 这是吧台的那位先生请的 是吗? |
[08:25] | My God, it’s Dominic. | 我的天,那是多明尼克 |
[08:27] | Dominic Delmonico was a publishing magnate… | 多明尼克德墨纳哥 是个出版业巨子 |
[08:30] | …and the first and only man Samantha really loved. | 他是莎曼珊第一个 也是唯一爱过的男人 |
[08:34] | He wined and dined her, set the bar for hot sex… | 他曾与她有过一段炽烈的恋情 |
[08:37] | …then dumped her for an icelandic supermodel named Anka. | 却为了冰岛一个叫安卡的名模 抛弃了她 |
[08:40] | once, on the cover of Fortune, he’d fallen to tabloid level… | 后来又因为离婚 |
[08:44] | …due to a messy public divorce. | 上“财富”杂志封面 |
[08:47] | I’m just gonna say hello. | -我去跟他打招呼 |
[08:49] | After what he did to you? | -你不在意他抛弃了你? |
[08:50] | -What did he do? -He broke her heart. | -他做了什么? -让她心碎 |
[08:53] | Imagining Samantha with a broken heart… | 你能想像莎曼珊心碎吗? |
[08:55] | …was more confusing to Charlotte than a French kiss from a gay man. | 对夏绿蒂而言这比 和男同性恋舌吻更难以想像 |
[08:59] | Ancient history. I’m the one with the power now. | 那都过去了 我现在拥有绝对的优势 |
[09:02] | I’ve evolved past him. | 我早就超越他了 |
[09:17] | -Hey, beautiful. -Hiya, handsome. | -小美人 -帅哥 |
[09:26] | -What’s this? -Just a few things you left at my place. | 这是什么? 你留在我家的几样东西 |
[09:34] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:40] | It’s like I had one too many items… | 这种感觉就像… |
[09:42] | …and I was being kicked out of the relationship express lane. | 我被踢出了我们之间的关系 |
[09:45] | What Is It about Big’s apartment? | 大人物的家是怎么回事? |
[09:48] | Nothing ever sticks. It’s like Teflon for women. | 那里就像个所有女人的不沾锅 |
[09:59] | I meant to leave that stuff at your apartment. | 我是故意把东西留在你那里的 |
[10:03] | Why? | -为什么? -因为… |
[10:06] | For one thing, I don’t wake up looking like this. | 我不是一起床就画好妆的 |
[10:10] | I actually need stuff to look like this and it would be nice… | 我梳妆打扮需要一点东西 |
[10:14] | …not to have to carry it around all day with me like a nomad. | 我不想整天像个游民一样 带着那些东西到处跑 |
[10:18] | It’s just a few things. And you can leave stuff here. | 那只是几样小东西 你也可以把东西留在这里 |
[10:22] | -I don’t want to leave stuff here. -Not a lot of stuff. | -我不想把东西放在这里 -你也不用放很多 |
[10:25] | Just like, you know, if you want to shave in the morning. | 你早上也许会需要刮胡子 |
[10:29] | I shave at the gym. | -我都在健身房刮 |
[10:31] | I don’t know, socks. | -我一时也举不出例子 |
[10:34] | You want me to leave socks here? | -好比袜子 |
[10:36] | Never mind what I want. What do you want? | -你要我把袜子放在这里? 别管我怎么说,你想放什么? |
[10:39] | I don’t know. Let’s save an hour. Why don’t you just tell me what I want? | 我们别兜圈子 你直接说你要我怎样好了 |
[10:43] | No, really, in your mind… | 就你认为 |
[10:45] | …what is the ideal living situation for two people in a relationship? | 什么是在交往的男女 最佳的状态? |
[10:55] | Exactly what we have. | -就是现在这样 |
[10:57] | -And what is that? -I have my place, you have yours. | -那是怎样? 我们各自有自己的住处 |
[11:02] | We’re together when we want to be, we’re apart when we want to be. | 想在一起时便在一起 想独处的时候就独处 |
[11:06] | -Like Woody and Mia. -Before Soon-Yi. | -就像伍迪艾伦和米亚? -在顺宜出现之前 |
[11:09] | Ever since Woody Allen descrlbed waving to Mla Farrow across the Park… | 自从伍迪艾伦搬到顺宜家之后 |
[11:13] | …single men in Manhattan had yearned for that kind of separate togetherness. | 一群单身汉就期待得到 这种同居的独居生活 |
[11:18] | I felt like the last dinosaur. Was I the one who needed to adapt? | 我觉得我好像快绝种的恐龙 难道只有我需要适应环境吗? |
[11:22] | Was my view of a relationship extinct? | 我对两性关系不抱希望了吗? |
[11:27] | I couldn’t stop thinking about lt. | 在这个城市里的男同性恋 |
[11:28] | This Is a city where gay men are so out, they’re in… | 不但大张旗鼓又讲究时尚 |
[11:31] | …where women are so chronically single, ovaries may be the next vestigial organ. | 单身女子的卵巢 却正濒临退化的边缘 |
[11:36] | We can have anything delivered anytime. | 我们随时可以请人代劳 |
[11:38] | We can have our dogs walked, our clothes cleaned, our food cooked. | 请人带狗散步、洗衣服、煮菜 |
[11:41] | Who needs a husband when you have a doorman? | 既然有了看门的人 谁还需要老公? |
[11:44] | Are New Yorkers evolving past relationships? | 纽约人的男女关系 正在进化当中吗? |
[11:46] | Relationships have declined since women left the cave… | 自从女人离开了洞窟 |
[11:49] | …looked around and said, ”This isn’t hard.” | 男女关系就开始疏离 |
[11:52] | So you don’t need a man, but do you still want one? | 这么说你不需要男人 但你却想拥有一个男人? |
[11:54] | I want more than one. | 我想要的可不只一个 |
[11:56] | I can’t decide whether you represent our future or our demise. | 真不知道你该代表女人的 未来还是灭亡? |
[12:00] | I am the future! | 当然是未来 |
[12:01] | Seeing Dominic reminded me of how needy I was and how far I’ve come. | 多明尼克让我了解到 过去的我有多么贫瘠 |
[12:05] | -We’re going out Friday night. -Sweetie! | -我们星期五晚上要出去 |
[12:08] | It took you a year to get over him. He treated you like shit. | -你花了一年时间才平复伤痛 |
[12:12] | -Why do you go out with him again? -Because he treated me like shit. | 他当年视你如蔽屣 你怎么还想和他出去? |
[12:16] | -I’m leaning toward demise. -It’s called revenge. | -就因为他以前视我如蔽屣 -你这是在自掘坟墓 |
[12:18] | I’m gonna make him want me and right before we do it… | 我这是在报复 我要先让他欲火焚身 |
[12:21] | …I’m gonna drop him like he dropped me. | 在我们办事之前 再像他抛弃我一样丢弃他 |
[12:23] | -As long as you’ve got a plan. -Not only a plan, I have a dress. | -你有分寸就好 -我连礼服都买好了 |
[12:28] | Samantha’s revenge fantasy, like all her fantasies, was even better live. | 莎曼珊的复仇计划 可谓曲折离奇 |
[12:33] | You’re more beautiful than ever. | 你比过去还要美艳 |
[12:35] | So successful and I’m getting gray hair… | 事业有成,我却已徒增白发 |
[12:38] | …and Anka is taking me for everything I’ve got. | 安卡把我的一切全抢走了 |
[12:42] | I read that she got the sailboat. | 我看报上说她得到了那艘帆船 |
[12:45] | We had good times in that boat. | 我们曾在船上共度过美妙时光 |
[12:47] | -You and Anka? -You and I. | -你和安卡吗? -我是说我们 |
[12:52] | Have I mentioned how unbelievable you look in that dress? | 我有说过你穿这件衣服 美得不可方物吗? |
[13:01] | Since Stephan hadn’t come out… | 因为史蒂芬始终没有行动 |
[13:03] | …Charlotte accepted his invitation to stay in. | 夏绿蒂决定接受他的邀请 到他家用餐 |
[13:14] | That’s delicious. | -真好吃 -这是番茄披萨 |
[13:15] | Grilled Portobello pizzas topped with fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. | 撒上新鲜的罗勒叶 和巴马干酪起司 |
[13:21] | It’s Martha’s recipe. | -这是玛莎的食谱 |
[13:24] | -I love Martha Stewart. -She’s the dog’s tuxedo! | -我喜欢玛莎史都华 她就是个“狗的晚礼服” |
[13:28] | Look, you have the silk placemats I’ve been eyeing at Bergdorf’s. | 我在柏格朵夫家饰用品店 看过这些丝质的桌布 |
[13:33] | -You have good taste. -This is my fantasy kitchen. | 你很有品味 |
[13:38] | This is my fantasy. | -这是我最想要的厨房 -这也是我的梦想 |
[13:51] | Is that dress Cynthia Rowley? | 这是辛西雅罗莉的服饰吗? |
[13:56] | Charlotte wanted to be open-minded… | 夏绿蒂希望自己能抛弃成见 |
[13:58] | …but Stephan seemed to be making It as hard as possible. | 但史蒂芬却让情势每下愈况 |
[14:03] | Meanwhile, Samantha was making Dominic as hard as possible. | 这时候莎曼珊已经 让多明尼克心痒难耐 |
[14:10] | So do you want me? | 你想要我吗? |
[14:15] | Do I want you? | 我当然要你 |
[14:22] | This was the moment Samantha had waited years and years for. | 莎曼珊多年来就等待这一刻 |
[14:26] | What was another couple hours? | 何须再费心等待? |
[14:40] | I tried to call you. Were you at Big’s? | -你去大人物家了吗? |
[14:42] | No, I was out shopping. | -不,我出去逛街了 |
[14:44] | My relationship is at a standstill, so instead, I’m evolving my look. | 我和他的关系正面临僵局 |
[14:47] | How did it go with Dominic? | 我就想打扮自己,你还好吗? |
[14:49] | I slept with him. | -我和他上床了 |
[14:51] | That wasn’t part of the plan. | -这不在你的计划之内吧? |
[14:52] | It’s the new plan. I wanted to remind him what he was missing. | 我改变主意了 我要让他知道他错过了什么 |
[14:56] | I can’t believe I thought he was such a great lover. | 我以前竟然当他是个完美情人 |
[14:59] | I’m better than him now. | 我现在比他更胜一筹,再见 |
[15:01] | Bye. | |
[15:04] | In order to survive two decades of dating in New York… | 为了在纽约的男女关系中 生存二十年 |
[15:07] | …Samantha had become a powerful hybrid.: | 莎曼珊变成了一种混种人 |
[15:10] | The ego of a man trapped in the body of a woman. | 她那纯女性的躯体底下 包裹的是大男人的心态 |
[15:14] | Charlotte feared the opposite was true of Stephan. | 夏绿蒂深怕史蒂芬是个 百分之百的男同性恋 |
[15:17] | She still needed help classlfying her find, so she brought in a team of experts. | 她需要找人为她鉴定 便带来了两个专家 |
[15:22] | Carrie, Stanford, this is Stephan. | -凯莉、史丹佛,这是史蒂芬 |
[15:25] | -Hi. -Ciao! | -你好 |
[15:27] | -You changed your hair. -It’s just straightened. Have we met? | -你换了发型 -对,我把头发烫直了 |
[15:31] | No, I’ve seen your column. | -我们见过吗? -没有,我读过你的专栏 |
[15:33] | In that photo, your hair is free flowing and Botticelli-esque. | 你在照片上是一头卷发 |
[15:38] | It’s fabulous either way. | 你两种发型都很好看 |
[15:41] | Cannolis and cream puffs and tarts, oh my! | 奶油泡芙和水果蛋糕,太棒了 |
[15:46] | I put a little bit of everything. | 里面有各种材料 |
[15:49] | This one’s an experiment. It’s a date tart with pumpkin custard. | 这是我试做的成品 |
[15:53] | This is all for us? | -这是水果蛋糕和南瓜冻 -这是你为我们做的? |
[15:55] | -Sweets for my sweet. -And her freeloading friends. | -是我做给我的甜心的 -还有两个白吃的朋友 |
[15:58] | My nutritionist will kill me, but somebody hand me a fork. | 我的营养师一定会宰了我 |
[16:01] | -Can you join us? -I’d love to. | 快把叉子给我 |
[16:03] | I have got to glaze my wedding cake. | -你也一起吃吧? -但是我得去盯着结婚蛋糕 |
[16:08] | Get back to me on the tart. | 我稍后再回来吃水果蛋糕 |
[16:15] | I find him very attractive. Which, of course, means he’s straight. | 他的确很吸引人 |
[16:19] | He’s obviously choosing to be straight… | 但他绝对不是同性恋 |
[16:21] | …because he seems to be head over heels about her. | 因为他一直在讨好夏绿蒂 |
[16:25] | What if he’s gay and he doesn’t know it yet? | 他会不会是同性恋? |
[16:27] | Honey, we are aware. | 只是他还不知道? 我们对这种事很清楚 |
[16:30] | When I was a boy, my father gave me a book about the female body… | 我小的时候 |
[16:34] | …to teach me about sex. | 我爸给我一本两性书籍 要教我男女之事 |
[16:36] | I took one look at it and said, ”No.” | 我只看了一眼就说:我不看 |
[16:40] | -How is he in bed? -I don’t know. I haven’t slept with him yet. | -他在床上的表现如何? -我还没和他上过床 |
[16:44] | -Really? -But he wants to. | -是吗? -但是他很想 |
[16:47] | It’s so not fair. All the good ones are straight, even the gay ones. | 真不公平,好男人都这么君子 |
[16:52] | Give me a cannoli. | 连男同性恋也是 |
[17:06] | -Are you looking at my forehead? -No! | -你是不是在看我的额头? -不是 |
[17:09] | That night, Miranda went out with Joseph Adler… | 米兰达那天晚上 和约瑟夫艾勒出去吃饭 |
[17:12] | …a labor-relations lawyer who’d been after her since the firm retreat. | 这个律师自从结案之后 就一直在追她 |
[17:15] | The lamb is delicious. | -这个小羊肉很好吃 |
[17:17] | You can look if you want. I’ve got nothing to hide. | -你大可放心的看 |
[17:20] | It’s actually starting to fill in. | 我打算在这里植发 |
[17:25] | She’d refused him twice before, but since she was down to her last ovary… | 她拒绝过他两次 但在知道卵巢排卵延迟后 |
[17:28] | …Miranda decided she was in no position to ellminate men on the basis of hair plugs. | 她认为不能因为秃发的问题 就宣判一个男人死刑 |
[17:33] | -I’m telling you, I was practically baid. -I remember. | -我以前跟你说过我是个秃头 -我记得 |
[17:37] | Now I have hair. This is a miracle. | 现在能有头发真是个奇迹 |
[17:40] | -Some more bistee? -Sure. | 再吃点蛋糕吧 |
[17:45] | You probably think I’m crazy. | 你一定觉得我很蠢 |
[17:48] | Actually, I was thinking you seem very happy. | 我看你似乎很快乐 |
[17:51] | The funny thing is, I never thought that I’d be the kind of guy to get plugs. | 我从来没想过我会去植发 |
[17:55] | But I’ve learned that you should never say never. | -天下没有不可能的事情 |
[17:58] | I know what you mean. | -我懂你的意思 |
[18:00] | There are things that I’ve considered lately that I never thought I would consider. | 最近我也碰到了 我从来没想过的问题 |
[18:05] | Like what? | 什么事? |
[18:07] | -Do you really want to know? -Sure. | -你真的想知道吗? -当然 |
[18:11] | I recently found out that I have a lazy ovary. | 我最近发现我有 排卵迟缓的问题 |
[18:15] | Which is no big deal. It just means that I only produce an egg every other month. | 这表示我每隔几个月 只会排一次卵 |
[18:20] | I’m not even sure that I want kids, but all of a sudden it hit me… | 我甚至不确定我想要小孩 |
[18:24] | …that if the other ovary shuts down, I’m out of business. | 但我担心左边卵巢也罢工了 我就没本钱了 |
[18:28] | I’ve started taking hormones and now I’m actually considering freezing my eggs. | 所以我就开始服用荷尔蒙 |
[18:34] | Freezing your eggs? | 甚至考虑冷冻卵子 -冷冻卵子? |
[18:37] | Like a fertility savings account. I think it would take the pressure off. | -就是给卵子开一个帐户 这样压力就会小一点 |
[18:41] | It removes the whole biological clock issue. | 这样就能免除生理时钟的问题 |
[18:44] | -Yeah, but it raises a lot of other issues. -Such as? | -但这却会增加其他的问题 -好比什么? |
[18:48] | Such as, what is all this reproductive technology doing for us? | 好比这种生殖科技 能为我们做什么? |
[18:52] | Do we want desperate women having babies at 50? | 我们要让年届五十的女人 勉强生儿育女吗? |
[18:57] | Maybe some people aren’t supposed to procreate. | 也许有些人本来就不该生孩子 |
[19:00] | Maybe this is the world’s way of weeding out the weak. | 也许这就是世界淘汰的方式 |
[19:04] | If you ask me, this is a ridiculous abuse of science. | 我认为这是在滥用科学 |
[19:07] | You have now designer sperm and these simulated wombs. | 现在有基因改造的精子 人造子宫 |
[19:11] | Here’s a good idea. | 其实我们可以集体来进行淘汰 |
[19:13] | Why don’t we just eliminate men altogether? | |
[19:16] | I don’t need to be lectured about science… | 我不需要一个正在植发的人… |
[19:18] | …by a man who’s doing crop rotation on his forehead. | 教我什么科学才是正确的 |
[19:22] | Miranda went off the hormones. | 米兰达的荷尔蒙会产生作用 |
[19:23] | Not because of what Joseph said, but because she was only 33… | 不是因为约瑟夫 |
[19:27] | …she still had her left ovary and she wasn’t ready to settle out of court. | 是因为她年仅33还有左卵巢 还不想就此放弃希望 |
[19:33] | Maybe someday there would be eggs in her freezer. But not yet. | 也许哪天 她会去把她的卵子冷冻 |
[19:41] | Meanwhile… | 夏绿蒂不想再费神探究 |
[19:42] | …Charlotte decided to stop trying to figure out her creature of mystery and just enjoy. | 这位神秘郎君 她要纵情享受 |
[19:48] | -Cher? -I love her! | -雪儿? -我喜欢她 |
[19:51] | She’s such a survivor. | 她真的很耐磨 |
[20:00] | Wait. | 慢着,我得问你几件事情 |
[20:02] | I have to ask you something. | |
[20:08] | Have you ever been with a man? | 你和男人在一起过吗? |
[20:13] | No. Have you ever been with a woman? | 没有,你和女人在一起过吗? |
[20:16] | I’m sorry, it’s just…. | 对不起,我是想到… |
[20:20] | Betty Buckley and Martha Stewart and Cynthia Rowley! | 蓓蒂布克鲁、玛莎史都华 和辛西雅罗莉… |
[20:27] | Are you gay? | 你是男同性恋吗? |
[20:33] | I’m a 35-year-old pastry chef who lives in Chelsea. | 夏绿蒂,我是个35岁 住在切尔西区的西点师父 |
[20:38] | If I were gay, I would be gay. | 我如果是个同性恋 早就是同性恋了 |
[20:44] | You’re the one who doesn’t want to make love. | 一直不想做爱的是你 |
[20:48] | I wouldn’t be so sure about that. | 现在我就不确定了 |
[21:01] | Charlotte was relieved and delighted to discover… | 知道史蒂芬不是同性恋之后 |
[21:04] | …Stephan was definitely straight, or at least a gay straight man. | 夏绿蒂总算放心了 至少他不是百分之百的同性恋 |
[21:08] | Frankly, after two orgasms, who the hell cares? | 在到达两次高潮之后 谁还会在乎那些? |
[21:17] | The next morning, It dawned on Samantha that her desire for revenge… | 隔天早上莎曼珊终于明白 |
[21:21] | …was not as strong as her desire for Dominic. | 她对多明尼克复仇的决心 并不如她的欲望来得强烈 |
[21:25] | You’re awake. | -你醒了 |
[21:28] | Yes. | -没错 |
[21:32] | You’re so incredibly beautiful. | 你真是美极了 |
[21:40] | -I’m gonna miss you. -What do you mean? | -我会想你的 |
[21:44] | Anka and I are giving it another shot. | -什么意思? 我和安卡决定再试一次 |
[21:48] | It’s mostly financial. | 完全是为了经济的考量 |
[21:51] | You can’t do this to me. | -你不能这么对我 |
[21:53] | -I know. I’m sorry. -No! | -我很抱歉 |
[21:58] | I’m supposed to do this to you! I had a plan! This is all wrong! | 不…应该是我对你说抱歉 |
[22:02] | I should go. | -这一切不是我的计划 -我该走了 |
[22:04] | -Get out! -I said I was going. | -你滚 -我说过我要走了 |
[22:09] | Stop beating me to the punch! | 你休想再击垮我 |
[22:11] | As she watched history repeat itself… | 当历史重演的时候 |
[22:14] | …Samantha realized she couldn’t do what Dominic did… | 莎曼珊才知道她无法 像多明尼克一样无情 |
[22:17] | …because she hadn’t evolved past having feelings. | 因为她还没有完全的进化 |
[22:20] | In a way, that was nice to know. | 但这也算是个好消息 |
[22:30] | -Good morning. -Good morning, sleepy. | -早安 |
[22:34] | Something smells amazing! | -早安,睡美人 什么味道这么香? |
[22:36] | It’s warm cranberry buttermilk scones and lemon curd. | 蔓越莓脱脂奶烤饼和柠檬酱 |
[22:40] | If I continue dating you, I’m gonna gain 10 pounds. | 我要再和你约会下去 准会胖个十磅 |
[22:43] | You’ll still be gorgeous. | 那你还是会很美丽 |
[22:50] | -You want some tea? -Yes, please. | -想不想喝茶? -好,谢谢 |
[22:54] | -What is that noise? -What noise? | -这是什么声音? -什么声音? |
[22:56] | It’s kind of like a squeaking. | 有点像老鼠的叫声 |
[23:03] | My God! It’s a mouse! | 我的天,真的是老鼠 |
[23:06] | -Are you sure? -It’s in that glue trap. | -你确定吗? -在灭鼠毡上 |
[23:08] | -Where? -There. | -哪里? |
[23:11] | -My God! -His legs are stuck! | -那里 它的腿粘住了 |
[23:15] | -Do something! Don’t kick it to me! -Get it out! | -你快想想办法,别踢给我 |
[23:24] | Get it away! | -拿走 |
[23:30] | My God! | 我的天 |
[23:33] | At that moment… | 这时候夏绿蒂了解到 |
[23:34] | …Charlotte realized her masculine side wasn’t evolved enough… | 她男性的一面还没进化成形 |
[23:37] | …for a man whose feminine side was as highly evolved as Stephan’s. | 而史蒂芬的女性特质 却得到了高度的发展 |
[23:44] | I spent the night at Big’s for the first time since my stuff was kicked out of the nest. | 自从我的东西被赶走之后 这是我第一晚在大人物家过夜 |
[24:03] | -Where you going? -Home. | -你要去哪里? -回家 |
[24:10] | It’s where my hair dryer is. | -不要… -我的吹风机在我家 |
[24:16] | I may have to dry my hair. | 我要吹头发 |
[24:18] | I’m wearing it straight, in case you didn’t notice. | 我现在留的是一头直发 |
[24:21] | I noticed. | 我注意到了 |
[24:24] | But I think it looks pretty amazing right now. | 我觉得你现在这样很好 |
[24:35] | Bring that gorgeous ass back into bed. | 你那可爱的小屁股快回到床上 |
[24:39] | I just have to make sure I didn’t leave anything else. | 我得确定没有东西留下 |
[24:53] | Suddenly, I realized I didn’t have to worry about leaving something behind… | 我突然间觉得根本无须在意 要不要留下东西 |
[24:58] | …because I was there. | 因为我就在那里 |
[25:08] | okay. | 我可以待久一点 |
[25:10] | I’ll stay a little longer. But I’m leaving this underwear here. | 但我要把内裤留在这里 |
[25:15] | Is it clean? | 它干净吗? |
[25:28] | okay… | 这是人类的一小步 |
[25:29] | …It was a small step for mankind, but It was a really big step for Big. | 却是大人物的一大步 |