时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:49] | I ran into my friend Skipper on the street the other day. | 前几天我遇见一位朋友史奇普 |
[00:52] | He was brulsed and frantic. He’d just broken up with another girl. | 他刚跟一位女生分手 |
[00:55] | I thought everything was going fine. | 就在我以为我们之间很顺利时 |
[00:57] | That’s when they tiptoe up and clobber you. | 她们突然间提出分手 |
[01:00] | What did she say she thought was wrong? | 她认为是哪里出了错? |
[01:03] | Skipper, you’re a very sweet guy. This isn’t about anything you did. | 你很贴心 |
[01:07] | It’s just that we’re in very different places right now. | 这不是因为你做错什么 我们在不同的处境 |
[01:11] | We want different things from life. | 我们对生活的追求不同 |
[01:13] | I need to spend more time alone. | 我需要多一点独处的时间 |
[01:15] | So, actually, we want the same thing. | 我们有着相同的需要: |
[01:18] | We both want to spend more time with you. | 花多一点时间跟你在一起 |
[01:20] | Three months before that, It was a dental hyglenlst named Tlffany. | 三个月前,一位名叫蒂芙妮的 牙医保健员也这么说 |
[01:23] | The timing is wrong, that’s all. | 现在的时机不对 |
[01:26] | You’re one of the nicest guys I’ve ever known. | 你是我认识最好的人之一 |
[01:29] | I feel like I’ve reached a time in my life when I need to focus on my career. | 我觉得现阶段我需要 将重心放在事业上 |
[01:34] | I don’t want to feel guilty about that. | 我不想有罪恶感 |
[01:36] | I don’t want you to give up your career. | 我不希望你放弃你的事业 |
[01:38] | I know. | 我知道,你一向很好 |
[01:39] | You’ve been great. | |
[01:41] | You really deserve someone who will appreciate you. | 你值得与更珍惜你的人交往 |
[01:45] | I don’t feel like I have anything to give at the moment. | 我目前不能给你任何承诺 |
[01:48] | And last year, It was Miranda. | 去年,米兰达说过同样的话 |
[01:51] | I feel like I need to spend more time alone. | 我需要多一点时间独处 |
[01:55] | I’ve just reached a point in my life where I need to focus on my career. | 我觉得现阶段我需要 将重心放在事业上 |
[02:00] | I don’t think that I have anything to give at the moment. | 我目前不能给你任何承诺 |
[02:03] | Skipper, what else can I say? | 我还能说什么? |
[02:06] | I have such horrible luck with women. | 我真是没有女人缘 |
[02:08] | I should’ve seen this coming, but I didn’t… | 我应该料到结果会这样 |
[02:11] | …because they wait for you to get relaxed and get comfortable… | 女人总是等到我觉得 一切都安定了 |
[02:15] | …before they bring the ice pick down between your eyes. | 却又一刀刺进我双眼间 |
[02:18] | Not all women… | 你总是被这样的女人吸引 |
[02:19] | …just the types of women you seem to be attracted to. | |
[02:22] | over and over and over again. | 一而再,再而三 |
[02:24] | Those ladies don’t know what they’re missing and missing and missing. | 她们不知道自己错过了什么 |
[02:29] | Skipper’s pattern was clear to both of us. | 史奇普的遭遇有一个模式: |
[02:31] | He was a sweet guy who was perpetually attracted to women… | 他是好人,却总是为 |
[02:34] | …who were looking for jerks. | 喜欢坏男人的女人吸引 |
[02:36] | Later that night, on a date across town… | 在城中的一次约会中 |
[02:38] | …Miranda was repeating a pattern of her own. | 米兰达重复她自己的模式 |
[02:40] | She had been dating a lawyer she met when they fought in court. | 她和法庭上遇见的律师约会 |
[02:44] | A frequent guest on MSBNC, Kevin was not just argumentative… | 全国广播公司的常客 |
[02:48] | …he was an anger professional. | 凯文不只好辩,也很擅长生气 |
[02:50] | I think I gotta revise my opinion… | 我得修正对于看电影 |
[02:52] | …that only an idiot would want to go out to a movie these days. | 是白痴的看法 |
[02:55] | It was worth the $19, plus $10 in snacks and water… | 花二十九块看电影 外加点心饮料是值得的 |
[02:59] | …just to hear that bus driver behind us explain filmmaking to his wife. | 听后座的公车司机批评电影 |
[03:03] | He had some wonderful insights. | 他有极佳的洞察力 |
[03:05] | on the bright side, it was an interesting movie, right? | 再说,那是一部有趣的电影 |
[03:08] | It was a real Cltlzen Kane. | 一部真正的“大国民” |
[03:10] | The actor who played Carlo was charming. | 饰演卡罗的演员很迷人 |
[03:12] | He looked like he walked into work before the anesthesia wore off… | 看来脑白质切断术 |
[03:16] | …from his lobotomy. | 没有彻底改善他的迟钝 |
[03:17] | All right, I’ll just get us a cab, okay? | 我来拦计程车 |
[03:20] | Taxi! | 你得面朝住宅区才拦得到 |
[03:21] | You gotta face uptown to get a cab around here. I’ve caught plenty of cabs this way. | 我这样拦过很多计程车 |
[03:26] | In never-never land where people confuse a lack of talent with charm. | 在梦幻国,人们总是误把 没有天分当作迷人 |
[03:32] | Come on, Gene Shalit, get in the damn cab. | 快一点进这辆该死的计程车 |
[03:35] | Come on. | 快 |
[03:38] | Get in, sore loser. | 快一点,输不起的人,快进去 |
[03:39] | Come on, in. | |
[03:42] | In, come on. | -进去 |
[03:44] | Miranda hated how he ordered her around and told her what do… | -老天 |
[03:48] | …every place except one. | 米兰达讨厌他爱发号司令 除了在一个地方 |
[03:51] | Put your hands up over your head. | 把手举到头上 |
[03:57] | Spread your legs. | 把腿张开 |
[04:09] | The weird thing is when he tells me what to do in life it drives me crazy. | 奇怪的是我讨厌他 平时告诉我该怎么做 |
[04:15] | But when he does it during sex it really drives me crazy. | 但要是在做爱的过程中 |
[04:19] | It’s totally hot! | 真令我神魂颠倒 |
[04:21] | That looks like a good spot. | -那里似乎不错 |
[04:22] | Everybody, check for park poo. | -小心公园里的大便 |
[04:24] | Isn’t that funny? | 这岂不是很可笑? |
[04:26] | That what I hate in life, I love in sex? | 我日常生活中讨厌的 居然在性生活令我愉快 |
[04:29] | So, how about if you limit your contact with him to just sex? | 你干脆只把他当作性爱的对象 |
[04:33] | That’s a nice, healthy relationship. | 这样的关系真健康呢 |
[04:35] | I’m not ready yet to throw in the towel. | -我还没准备放弃 |
[04:38] | You’re just ready to wrap it around his neck. | -干脆勒死他算了 |
[04:41] | He’s going through a very stressful time waiting to make partner at his firm. | 他因为等着当公司合伙人 所以压力很大 |
[04:45] | When that finally works out, I think he’ll lighten up. | 当事情解决了,他会变好的 |
[04:48] | or maybe you should face the fact that you’re attracted to angry men. | 或是干脆承认你喜欢 脾气暴躁的家伙 |
[04:51] | -Deviled eggs? -Wait a second, hold the eggs! | 吃蛋吗? |
[04:54] | What about Skipper? He never got angry. | 不要管蛋了,史奇普怎么办? 他从来不生气 |
[04:56] | -And you dumped him. Fits a pattern. -I don’t have a pattern. | -你把他甩了,符合这个模式 -我没有什么模式 |
[04:59] | In math, randomness is considered a pattern. | -数学里,乱数也是一种模式 |
[05:01] | And I’m what they call a prime number. | -我就是所谓的质数 |
[05:05] | She’s got a very obvious pattern. | -她有一个明显的模式 |
[05:07] | I do? What? Tell me! | -是吗?是什么? |
[05:09] | You wait for a perfect guy to ask you on a perfect date– | 你在等待一个 完美的男人和约会 |
[05:12] | And when he does, you project this huge fantasy on him… | 然后你把这样的幻想 |
[05:16] | …setting up these enormous expectations– | 投射在他身上,对他有所期待 |
[05:18] | Which promptly blow up in your pretty face. | -接着就在你美丽的脸前爆炸幻灭 |
[05:21] | You put all your deviled eggs in one basket. | -蛋要放在不同篮子里 |
[05:23] | That’s a horrible pattern. | -真是个糟糕的模式 |
[05:25] | Well, spread it around a little more. | -分散风险 |
[05:27] | Date a few guys at once and then you won’t feel so disappointed. | 一次多跟几个男士约会 比较不会感到失望 |
[05:31] | -Are you asking Charlotte to juggle? -It’s all about multi-tasking. | -你要夏绿蒂踏船? -这是执行多重任务 |
[05:35] | None of us can afford to fall into this ”one man at a time” pattern. | 我们不能接受 “一次一个男人”的模式 |
[05:38] | Look at how much time you wasted with Big. | 你看你在大人物身上 浪费多少时间 |
[05:41] | But Big was an aberration. | 大人物是个错误 |
[05:42] | Next time I meet a handsome, rich, emotionally unavailable 43-year-old man… | 下次我会找一个英俊 |
[05:46] | …I’ll know what to expect. | 可谈感情的四十三岁男子 我知道我该期待什么 |
[05:47] | Will you? | 或者你又会犯相同错误? |
[05:49] | or will you make the same mistake all over again? | 我在想,我们是不是 |
[05:51] | I wondered… …were we all just victims of conditioned responses? | 条件反射的受害者 |
[05:55] | Doomed to repeat the same unconscious relationship patterns? | 注定要无意识地重复 某种感情模式? |
[05:59] | Were we all, in fact, just dating… | 重复与某种特定 |
[06:02] | …the same person over and over again? | 类型的人交往? |
[06:05] | I guess I have dated quite a few artists. | 我跟很多艺术家交往过 |
[06:08] | But I don’t think they were all the same person. | 他们都不尽相同 |
[06:10] | okay, yes. They were all narcissists with commitment phobias… | 好吧,他们都是有 承诺恐惧症的自恋鬼 |
[06:15] | …and substance abuse issues. | 而且滥用物质 |
[06:16] | But, in my opinion, the painters were very different from the sculptors. | 但是画家跟雕刻家很不一样 |
[06:21] | Handsome waspy assholes who treat me like shit. | 英俊,但不懂善待女人 |
[06:24] | I only date girls with Sony Playstations… | 我只跟有游戏机 |
[06:26] | …or breasts. | 和大胸脯的女人交往 |
[06:30] | That night, Samantha became acquainted with the new neighbors next door. | 那一晚 莎曼珊认识了她的新邻居 |
[06:35] | Though she had never met them… | 虽然她没见过他们 |
[06:38] | …she already knew them intimately. | 却已经对他们了若指掌 |
[06:42] | The idea that someone else was having great sex and flaunting lt… | 但她不能忍受别人享受性爱 |
[06:45] | …was more than she could bear. | 却没她的份 |
[06:47] | So she decided, lf you can’t join ’em… | 所以她当下决定 |
[06:51] | …beat lt. | 如果不能加入,就打败他们 |
[06:55] | It all fIt Samantha’s pattern to a T… | 这是典型的莎曼珊模式 |
[06:59] | …having a wall between her and the person she was having sex with. | 与她的性对象保持一墙之隔 |
[07:04] | After a few weeks of not seeing Big… | 跟大人物分手后几个礼拜 |
[07:06] | …I was beginning to fall into some familiar patterns of my own. | 我掉进我自己的模式 |
[07:10] | Staying out till 3.:00 and sleeping till noon. | 在外面玩到三更半夜 然后一觉到中午 |
[07:12] | ordering takeout from the same greasy Chinese… | 在同一家中国餐馆叫外卖 |
[07:15] | …and calling old friends who would always be there for me when I felt… | 在我感到不安的时候 |
[07:20] | …restless. | 打电话给会支持我的老朋友 |
[07:23] | McFadden. | 麦法登 |
[07:24] | Hey John, it’s Carrie. | -约翰,我是凯莉 |
[07:26] | Carrie, hey, how are you? Long time. | -凯莉,你还好吗?好久不见 |
[07:29] | I know. Listen, I thought if you weren’t doing anything… | 我知道 |
[07:33] | …you might want to meet for a drink after work. | 下班后想不想出来喝杯酒? |
[07:36] | Sure, that would be great. | -当然,好提议 |
[07:37] | How about sixish? | -到“六”酒吧怎么样? |
[07:39] | I could be there at 6:30. | -我六点半可以到那里 |
[07:41] | Perfect, I’ll see you then. | -到时候见 |
[07:47] | That evening, at 6.:30 sharp…. | 那一晚,准时六点半… |
[07:53] | -Wow, it’s great to see you. -You, too. | -很高兴见到你 |
[07:56] | Come on in. I was just gonna open a bottle of red. | -我也是,请进 |
[07:59] | Red, yeah, beautiful. | -我开了一瓶红酒 |
[08:01] | I just gotta be somewhere by 8:30. | -红酒,很棒 |
[08:05] | -That’s okay, I’ve got dinner plans at 8:00. -okay. | 我八点半要离开 好,我八点也有晚餐邀约 |
[08:20] | John was as dependable a pal as a gal could ever hope for. | 约翰是所有女人理想中的朋友 |
[08:25] | Fun, comfortable and easy to be with. | 有趣,令人舒服,好相处 |
[08:27] | The kind of guy who you could shed all inhibitions and really be yourself around. | 跟他在一起,可以做自己 |
[08:32] | No muss, no fuss. | 不会吵架,没有忧愁 |
[08:39] | So how’s the… | 你最近还好吗? |
[08:42] | …going? | |
[08:43] | Great. | -很好,你的工作呢? |
[08:44] | It’s great. | -从不无聊 |
[08:46] | -How’s work with you? -Never dull. | -你妹妹怎么样? |
[08:50] | How’s your younger sister doing? Brother. | -是弟弟 |
[08:56] | The one that moved to Phoenix? | -搬到凤凰城那一个? |
[09:00] | -Tallahassee. -Right. | -是塔拉哈西 |
[09:03] | So how’s he doing down there? | -在那边怎么样? |
[09:05] | -He’s doing great, thanks for asking. -Sure. | -他很好,谢谢你关心 |
[09:12] | And then I realized lt. | 当时我明白了一件事 |
[09:14] | I didn’t have a relationship pattern, I had a between-relationship pattern. | 我没有感情的模式 我只有感情空白期模式 |
[09:19] | I always went back to John after every devastating… | 每次当我历经分手的创伤后 |
[09:22] | …soul-shattering, gut-wrenching break up. | 我总会找约翰 |
[09:24] | He was sweet, handsome, uncomplicated. | 他很贴心,英俊,不复杂 |
[09:27] | A real shot in the arm for my sexual self esteem. | 对我的女性自尊是个抬举 |
[09:29] | Thanks for the call, gorgeous. | 谢谢你打给我,美女 |
[09:34] | Sure put a cherry on my sundae. | 你令我的生命锦上添花 |
[09:37] | Why had I been keeping him on the bench all these years? | 这么多年来我为什么 |
[09:40] | Dld I really believe a relationship had to be difficult in order to work? | 还把他当候补? 经营一段感情有这么难吗? |
[09:46] | Do you want to have dinner Friday night? | 你星期五想共进晚餐吗? |
[09:50] | Dinner? | 晚餐,好,我看一下行程 |
[09:52] | I should check my schedule, but I think I can make it. | 我想没问题 |
[09:55] | Great. You want to say… | -很好,八点钟怎么样? |
[09:58] | …8:00? How about 8:15? | -八点十五分 |
[10:01] | And just like that, I broke my pattern. | 就这样,我打破我的模式 |
[10:05] | Carrie, you can’t date your fuck buddy. | 你不能跟做爱伙伴约会 |
[10:08] | Say it a little louder. The lady in the last row didn’t hear you. | 再大声一点 后面那位女士没听到 |
[10:11] | You wanna take the only person in your life that’s there purely for sex… | 把纯粹用来享受性爱的人 |
[10:15] | …and make him a human being? | 当个人一样对待,何必呢? |
[10:17] | Why? | “做爱伙伴”? |
[10:18] | Excuse me, ”fuck buddy”? What is a ”fuck buddy”? | 什么是做爱伙伴? |
[10:23] | Come on. | 少来了 |
[10:26] | A fuck buddy is a guy you dated once or twice and it didn’t go anywhere… | 做爱伙伴就是约过几次会的人 |
[10:30] | …but the sex is so great, you sort of keep him on call. | 你们之间的性太美好了 |
[10:33] | He’s like ”dial-a-dick.” | 所以一直留着他 -就像随传随到的小弟弟 |
[10:35] | You mean you just call this guy up when you’re, you know, horny? | -你只是… 在性欲来时打给他? |
[10:40] | Yes. | -没错 |
[10:41] | And he just comes right over? | -他真的会到? |
[10:43] | Well, he’s not a slave, sweetheart. He does have a life. | -他有自己的人生 |
[10:46] | But you don’t have to know about it. | -这你不需要知道 |
[10:48] | And you’re guaranteed delivery within Manhattan in six hours or less. | 在曼哈顿六小时内一定送达 |
[10:52] | And you guys all have one? | 你们都有? |
[10:53] | Mine moved to Chicago but now we have phone sex. | 我的搬到芝加哥了 现在只隔着电话做爱 |
[10:57] | What’s he doing in Chicago? | -他在芝加哥做什么? |
[10:59] | I have absolutely no idea. | -我不知道 |
[11:01] | A few moments later, emboldened by our conversation… | 不久后,受到我们对话的鼓舞 |
[11:04] | …and high from too many tantrlc headstands… | |
[11:07] | …Charlotte asked a man out for the first time. | 夏绿蒂第一次邀男士出去 |
[11:10] | Man, that class was tough. | 课程好难 |
[11:12] | I never sweated so much in my entire life. | 我从没流过这么多汗 |
[11:15] | Would you like to go out to dinner Friday night? | 你星期五想不想跟我吃晚餐? |
[11:18] | Sure. | 好 |
[11:24] | I wondered… | 我在想,要是夏绿蒂都能 |
[11:25] | …If Charlotte can break her pattern and ask out every man in Manhattan… | 打破模式主动邀约男生 |
[11:29] | …why couldn’t I have a deeper relationship… | 我为什么不能和做爱伙伴 |
[11:31] | …with a man I have shallow sex with? | 展开一段较深刻的关系? |
[11:38] | Wow. You’re all dressy. | 你穿得好漂亮 |
[11:43] | I guess. | 我也这么想,谢谢 |
[11:46] | Thanks. | |
[11:47] | I wanted to tell him that he’d never actually seen me in clothes. | 其实我本来想说 他从没看过我打扮 |
[11:50] | Do you want a glass of wine first, or…. | -想不想先喝杯酒? |
[11:53] | No, I’m fine, thanks. | -不用了,谢谢 |
[11:58] | Hey, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[12:02] | -I made reservations. -Huh? | 我在寿司店订了位 |
[12:04] | At a sushi restaurant. Cool. I see. | 那很棒 |
[12:10] | No! I mean, God! | 不是,我是说… |
[12:13] | I mean sushi… | 寿司,日本料理 |
[12:16] | …Japanese food! | 你说“吃晚餐”是 |
[12:18] | When you said dinner, you meant dinner. | 真的吃晚餐? |
[12:21] | Yeah. It’s just that, whenever we’ve had dinner, we’ve always, you know. | 每次我们说吃晚餐,总是… |
[12:25] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[12:27] | I’m just gonna get my purse. | 我去拿钱包 |
[12:31] | Llke most first dates, we were off to an awkward start. | 就像第一次约会 我们一开始很尴尬 |
[12:44] | The yellow tail sashimi, two pieces of salmon sushi… | 黄尾鲽鱼,两份鲑鱼寿司 |
[12:49] | …and a spicy tuna hand roll. | 再一份辣的鲔鱼手卷 |
[12:52] | Do you like eel? | 你喜欢鳗鱼吗? |
[12:53] | No way. | 不喜欢,我要烤鸡,全熟 |
[12:55] | I’ll have the chicken teriyaki, well done. | |
[12:58] | No, the sushi’s so amazing here. | -这里的寿司很好吃 |
[13:01] | I can’t deal with the raw stuff. | -我不吃生的东西 |
[13:03] | Why didn’t you say? We could’ve gone someplace else. | 你怎么不告诉我? |
[13:06] | Don’t worry about it. lf I’m hungry, I’ll grab a burger after. | 没关系,我等一下买个汉堡 |
[13:09] | okay. | 好 |
[13:11] | Hey, listen, before I forget… | 在我忘记之前… |
[13:14] | …this is for you. | -这是给你的 |
[13:17] | Thanks. What is it? | -谢谢,是什么? |
[13:19] | Forty minutes free long distance, continental U.S., no strings attached. | 可以在美国境内 打长途四十分钟 |
[13:24] | It’s to promote our new 7-7-3 service: | 这是为了促销我们新的方案 |
[13:26] | Seven days, seven hours, $3 a day. | 一周七天,七小时,一天三块 |
[13:30] | Thank you. | -谢谢,你… |
[13:31] | So you– | -你看这些小玩意 |
[13:33] | Think these gimmicks up? Sort of. officially, I sell time. | 我是卖时间的 |
[13:36] | I get incentive minutes which I can distribute at my own discretion. | 但我有时可以得到这些 |
[13:40] | So, if I’m lucky, I might get a whole hour next time? | 幸运的话 |
[13:43] | I don’t think so. | 我下次可以免费拿到一小时 |
[13:44] | But if you’re currently with MCl and switch… | 你如果是MCl网路公司的顾客 |
[13:46] | …then you get two free hours. | 可以免费得到两小时 |
[13:48] | I was kidding. | -开玩笑的 |
[13:50] | Right, gotcha. | -这样… |
[13:56] | Maybe we should just order some sake? | 我们点清酒吧 |
[13:59] | Yeah, sure. Hey, sake to me! | 好,把清酒给我 |
[14:05] | We went back to my place for a quickie. | 我们回到我家速战速决 |
[14:09] | I needed to erase the stagnant memory of the past two hours. | 我得将前两个小时的记忆销毁 |
[14:12] | Was It really possible that someone so stlmulating in bed… | 一个在床上这么厉害的人 |
[14:15] | …could be so tedious in life? | 平时怎么会这么无聊? |
[14:28] | Meanwhile, Samantha was actually beginning to look forward… | 莎曼珊很期待与新邻居见面 |
[14:31] | …to the company of her new neighbors. | |
[14:34] | Every night, like clockwork, right after the end of the 1 1.:00 news… | 每一晚,在十一点新闻过后 |
[14:46] | …Samantha relished her role as the invisible guest vocalist… | 莎曼珊就像隐形乐团里 |
[14:49] | …to an unseen band. | 隐形的歌手 |
[14:56] | Until one night, she wasn’t so invisible. | 直到某一晚,她不再是隐形人 |
[15:17] | That Saturday, Miranda planned for us all to meet her latest fling for brunch. | 星期六,米兰达邀我们 |
[15:21] | Apparently, he had flung himself elsewhere. | 跟她的对象见面 |
[15:24] | He should be here any minute. | 很显然地,他迟到了 |
[15:25] | Don’t worry about it. lf it’s just us, fine. | -他应该快到了 -没关系 |
[15:28] | It’s not like we’ve got anywhere else to go. | -我们也不知道去哪里 |
[15:30] | I have a date tonight. | -我今晚有约会 |
[15:31] | -With whom? -That yoga guy. | -我约一个瑜珈课的男生出去 |
[15:34] | I asked him out. | -我很惊讶 |
[15:35] | Wow, I’m impressed. once I broke the ice with him, it was just like riding a bike. | 僵局一打破,接下来就不难了 |
[15:41] | I have so many dates this week, that I just scheduled two tonight. | 我有很多约会,今晚就有两个 |
[15:44] | -You double-booked? -I had to. | 你一次约两个人? |
[15:46] | one guy is leaving town and I couldn’t cancel the other. | 我不得不,有一个就要出城了 另一个我推不掉 |
[15:50] | How do you conceive pulling this one off? | 你要怎么应付? |
[15:52] | Early dinner with bachelor one, late supper with bachelor two. | 早一点跟一号吃晚餐 之后再跟二号吃 |
[15:55] | My God, you’re turning into a man. | 你快变成男人了 |
[15:58] | Charlotte had done more than break a pattern. | 夏绿蒂不只打破了模式 |
[16:01] | She had actually changed genders. | 她还变了性 |
[16:03] | I just don’t know how I’m ever gonna eat two dinners in a row. | 我怎么可能连吃两顿晚餐? |
[16:06] | And then, just like that, she was a woman again. | 就这样,她又变回女人了 |
[16:09] | Sorry, babe. | 抱歉,那个白痴司机 |
[16:10] | The idiot who drove me here apparently passed his driving test in Bangladesh. | 把我载到孟加拉了 |
[16:14] | I’m just happy to get off that fuckin’ rickshaw alive. | 很高兴我还能完整无损的到达 |
[16:17] | Kevin, this is Carrie, and Samantha, and Charlotte. | 凯莉,莎曼珊,夏绿蒂 这是凯文 |
[16:21] | -This is Kevin. -Nice to meet you. | 我得打通电话 |
[16:23] | I have to go make a call, I’ll be back. Waitress! A draft beer here. | 服务生,生啤酒 |
[16:28] | He’s cute. | -他很可爱 |
[16:30] | In a tightly wound sort of way. | -紧绷得很可爱 |
[16:32] | He’s finding out on Tuesday whether he made partner. | 他星期二就会知道 能不能成为合伙人 |
[16:35] | I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he’ll unwind some after that. | 我希望之后他能放松一些 |
[16:43] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[16:44] | I just don’t want him going off on the waitress. | 我不希望他骂服务生 |
[16:48] | That evening, Charlotte set out to break her pattern. | 夏绿蒂正在打破她的模式 |
[16:51] | A casual meal with Eric from yoga… | 先和瑜珈课的艾力克吃饭 |
[16:53] | …discovering a mutual love for long drives up Maine coasts… …and reruns of Nanny and the Professor. | 发现他们都喜欢同一部影集 |
[16:59] | She was psychic, wasn’t she? Absolutely. | 她是个灵媒,对吧? |
[17:02] | But it was very subtle, very sophisticated. | 那真的很难以捉摸 |
[17:04] | I don’t think that kids today would understand it. | 今日的孩子不会懂的 |
[17:08] | When I have kids, I’m gonna be a total nazi with the remote. | 要是我有小孩,我一定要 |
[17:11] | I want them to read. | 很专制地强迫他们阅读 |
[17:13] | How many kids do you want to have? | -你想要几个小孩? |
[17:15] | Two: one of each. | -两个,一男一女 |
[17:17] | Sounds perfect. | 听起来很棒 |
[17:18] | As Charlotte began to swlm in visions of family summers in Kennebunkport… | 当夏绿蒂开始沉入 自己的幻想时 |
[17:23] | …she realized she was late for the second shlft. | 她发现自己快迟到了 |
[17:25] | oh my God. | -我的天 |
[17:27] | What’s wrong? | -怎么了? |
[17:31] | My throat is so sore. | 我的喉咙好痛 |
[17:34] | I’ve just been fighting this cold all week. | 我感冒一个礼拜了 |
[17:39] | Let me get the check. | 我来付钱 |
[17:40] | I’m so sorry. | 抱歉,我过得很愉快 |
[17:42] | I had a really great time. Me, too. | 我也是 |
[17:49] | While Charlotte was off to her next engagement… | 当夏绿蒂赶到下一个约会 |
[17:51] | …Samantha was imagining an engagement of her own. | 莎曼珊正在幻想她自己的约会 (莎曼珊,过来打声招呼) (希望我们能打破心墙) |
[18:02] | Excuse me, Jesus! | 抱歉,请问一下 |
[18:06] | Hi, I was just wondering… | 你知道是谁住在里面吗? |
[18:08] | …do you know who lives in that apartment? | |
[18:11] | Yes, very nice. | 知道,他们人很好 |
[18:16] | Musician. His wife, a dancer. | 他是音乐家,老婆是舞蹈家 |
[18:19] | Really? And are they nice looking? | 真的?长得好看吗? |
[18:24] | Yes, very nice. | 是的,很好,非常好 |
[18:27] | Very good. | |
[18:29] | okay, then. Carry on. | 好,继续 |
[18:34] | Later that night, Charlotte was returning from a second dinner of steamed mussels… | 夏绿蒂刚与热爱艺术的 |
[18:39] | …and fries with bachelor number two, an art loving commodities broker. | 单身汉二号 吃完第二顿晚餐 |
[18:43] | -I had a really great time. -Me, too. | -我今晚很愉快 -我也是 |
[18:47] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[18:49] | So, can I call you? | -我可以打电话给你吗? |
[18:51] | Definitely. | -当然可以 |
[18:53] | okay. | 好 |
[19:01] | Charlotte? | 夏绿蒂? |
[19:03] | Eric, what are you doing here? | 艾力克,你在这里做什么? |
[19:06] | I was just leaving you some chicken soup… | 我帮你带了点鸡汤 |
[19:08] | …for your throat. | 治你的喉咙 |
[19:10] | But I see you’ve healed. | -但我看你好像痊愈了 |
[19:12] | Who is this guy? | -他是谁? |
[19:13] | I’m the guy she had dinner with before you. | -我在你之前跟她吃过晚餐 |
[19:17] | You double-booked us? | -你同时跟我们约会? |
[19:18] | Hey, don’t feel bad. | 不要觉得难过 |
[19:20] | You got the late shift. You get to take her upstairs. | 你应该带她上楼 |
[19:23] | I don’t think so. | -我不要 |
[19:24] | You know what? Enjoy the soup. | -你好好享用鸡汤吧 |
[19:28] | Hey, you going uptown? | -你要到上城区吗? |
[19:30] | -Yeah, West Side. -Wanna share a cab? | -对,西边 |
[19:32] | Sure. | -要不要一起坐计程车? -好 |
[19:35] | From that moment on, Charlotte developed a new pattern. | 夏绿蒂发展出一套新模式 |
[19:37] | She made It a rule never to take advice from her friends again. | 她决定再也不采信朋友的意见 |
[19:44] | Very late that night… | 当天晚上 |
[19:46] | …Samantha decided to roll out the welcome mat for her new neighbors. | 莎曼珊决定要给邻居 |
[19:57] | The musician and the dancer turned out to be a middle-aged… | 一个热烈的欢迎 |
[20:00] | …Eastern European couple. | 他们是中年的东欧夫妇 |
[20:01] | He played in a polka band. She was a dancer… | 他弹奏波尔卡舞曲 |
[20:04] | …once upon a time. | 她是个舞者…很久以前是 |
[20:06] | Samantha? | 莎曼珊? |
[20:09] | Would you mind keeping it down? | 麻烦你们小声一点 |
[20:12] | I’m trying to get some sleep. | 我想要睡个觉 |
[20:16] | Samantha broke a pattern after all. | 莎曼珊终于打破她的模式 |
[20:21] | She decided to move her bed to the opposite wall. | 她决定将床搬到另一面墙 |
[20:25] | Later that week, Kevin experienced a dream come true. | 那个星期,凯文的梦想成真了 |
[20:28] | He was made a full partner of the law firm where he worked. | 他终于成为公司的合伙人 |
[20:31] | He took Miranda out to celebrate. | 他带着米兰达去庆祝 |
[20:35] | A toast. -To a very happy occasion. -Yeah. | 为一个快乐的场合举杯庆祝 |
[20:39] | I’m falling all over myself with glee. | 我现在一个星期得工作 |
[20:41] | I get to work 60 hours a week for the same salary. | 六十小时,没加薪 |
[20:43] | I’m walking on air. | 我们不能享受你的成功吗? |
[20:45] | Can’t we enjoy your success for one second? | 你不知道我身处的压力 |
[20:47] | You don’t get how stressful my life is. | 你真的是住在幻想国 |
[20:50] | You really do live in never-never land, don’t you? | 这香槟根本不值100元 |
[20:54] | By the way… | 29元的平价酒 |
[20:55] | …if there’s a difference between this $100 champagne and the crap for $29… …it takes a more delicate palate than mine to detect it. | 都比它多了些香气 |
[21:02] | Well, I like the champagne, and the bread is fabulous. | 我喜欢香槟,面包也很棒 |
[21:05] | oh my God, look at those flowers. | -你看这些花 |
[21:08] | Don’t piss me off. | -不要惹我生气 |
[21:13] | Where are you going? | -你要去哪里? |
[21:14] | Back to never-never land. | -回到幻想国 |
[21:16] | And by the way, never-never call me again. | 还有,不要再打电话给我了 |
[21:20] | Have a nice day. | 祝你愉快 |
[21:21] | What? | 什么? |
[21:22] | Miranda broke her pattern in a way that she had never expected. | 米兰达从没想过结果会是这样 |
[21:26] | The angry guy had turned her into a cock-eyed optimist. | 易怒的家伙 把她变成自大的乐观主义者 |
[21:30] | There couldn’t have been a more perfect moment… | 再没有比这个更巧的事了 |
[21:32] | …to see Skipper for the first time since she dumped him. | 在甩掉史奇普后第一次遇见他 |
[21:35] | Hey, Skipper! | 史奇普 |
[21:39] | Slow down a minute. | -等一下 |
[21:40] | Don’t tell me what to do, okay? | -不要告诉我该怎么做 |
[21:43] | I just wanted to say hello. How’ve you been? | 我只想打声招呼,你还好吗? |
[21:46] | How’ve I been? | 在你把我像发酸的牛奶 |
[21:47] | You got a lot of nerve talking to me like nothing happened… | 扔掉之后 |
[21:51] | …ever since you tossed me out like bad milk. | 你居然还敢跟我说话 |
[21:53] | I’ve been friggin’ great. | 你离开后我过得很好 |
[21:55] | Now that I’ve got you out of my system. | |
[21:57] | Can’t I just talk to you for a minute? | 我能不能跟你聊一会儿? |
[22:00] | Could I buy you a beer or something? | 请你喝杯啤酒? |
[22:02] | Miranda had never seen him as angry as this before. | 米兰达没有看他这么生气过 |
[22:04] | Much to her horror, she was attracted. | 令她恐慌的,她被他吸引了 |
[22:07] | That’s the thing about patterns. | 模式不会随你所欲而打破 |
[22:09] | They don’t break because you tell them to. | |
[22:11] | Have you been working out? | 你最近有健身吗? |
[22:13] | And a few nights later, John and I went out for a movie. | 几天后的晚上 约翰跟我去看电影 |
[22:17] | I refused to believe that a passionate sexual connection… | 我拒绝相信性关系 |
[22:20] | …could not be translated into a meaningful friendship, at the very least. | 不能转化成真正的友谊 |
[22:25] | Did you like the movie? | -你喜欢这部电影吗? |
[22:26] | -Was it a comedy? -No. | -那是喜剧吗? |
[22:28] | I didn’t think so. | -不是 -我不这么认为 |
[22:31] | Isn’t this the most amazing block? | 这个街区真是太棒了 |
[22:34] | All these brownstones are over 100 years old. | 这些赤褐砂石已经一百年了 |
[22:37] | It’s like being in the New York of Edith Wharton and Henry James. | 就像根艾迪丝华顿 和亨利詹姆斯同处纽约 |
[22:42] | Sometimes, I can’t believe how lucky I am to live right here. | 有时候我觉得住在这里 真是太幸运了 |
[22:51] | What? | -什么? |
[22:53] | Your tits look great in that thing. | -你的奶头看起来好美 |
[22:55] | At that moment, I knew we only had two things in common. | 就在那时候 |
[22:59] | Listen, I’d invite you in, but– | 我知道我们只有两个共同点 我想邀请你进来,不过… |
[23:01] | No, that’s okay. | 没关系,我明天得早起 |
[23:03] | I got to be up really early tomorrow. | |
[23:05] | okay. | 好 |
[23:13] | I’ll call you. | -我再打给你 |
[23:14] | Goodnight. | -晚安 |
[23:18] | I knew It was the last time we’d ever see each other. | 我知道这是我们最后一次见面 |
[23:24] | Just like that… | 就这样我又回到我之前的模式 |
[23:26] | …I was thrown right back into my old pattern.: | |
[23:29] | Greasy Chinese, sleeping till noon… | 油腻的中国菜,睡到中午 |
[23:32] | …and feeling restless. | 感到不安… |