时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | This Is a story about a lovely couple, Rob and Elaine… | 这是关于一对爱侣 罗伯与伊莲的故事 |
[00:50] | …who rented a house one especially hot and sticky summer in the Hamptons. | 在一个特别炎热的夏季 他们在汉普顿租了一栋别墅 |
[00:55] | Elaine invited her best single friends, Cindy and Janet… | 伊莲邀请她最好的单身朋友 辛蒂和珍娜 |
[00:58] | …while Rob invited his single friends, lra and Matthew… | 而罗伯也邀了单身友人 艾拉和马修 |
[01:01] | …to share the good times and exorbitant rent. | 一起共度美好时光 以及分摊过高的房租 |
[01:04] | Until one day, this lovely couple had a terrible fight… | 直到有一天 这对爱侣起了激烈的争执 |
[01:07] | …when Elaine went for a run and twisted her ankle… | 伊莲因慢跑时不慎扭伤脚踝 |
[01:10] | …and came back early to find Rob canoodling with Janet. | 提早返家 发现罗伯和珍娜一起泛舟 |
[01:14] | And Cindy got tired of Matthew’s idiotic jokes and incessant market chatter. | 辛蒂厌烦马修的白痴笑话 以及没完没了的市场经 |
[01:19] | Ira tried to be there for Elaine and confessed his true feelings for her… | 艾拉则对伊莲示爱 |
[01:23] | …which she tried to laugh off as a joke. | 她却试图一笑置之 |
[01:25] | By August, It got to the point where everything was so awkward… | 到了八月,情况变得很尴尬 |
[01:28] | …that nobody wanted to come back. | 没人想再回到那个地方 |
[01:30] | And that’s when Janet called her friend Charlotte. | 珍娜便在此时打给夏绿蒂… |
[01:33] | It’s a really cute three-bedroom cottage. | 那是栋小巧的三房别墅 |
[01:35] | They’re giving us a fantastic deal for the month of August. | 正适合八月去度假 |
[01:39] | Because it’s haunted with cheating boyfriends and sexual rejection. | -那屋里充斥求欢被拒的阴影 |
[01:43] | We can always burn sage. | -我们可以烧鼠尾草 |
[01:44] | Sharing a house with your girlfriends is fine in your 20s… | 二十多岁时和女性友人 分租房子还说得过去 |
[01:48] | …but in your 30s, isn’t it a bit pathetic, like being the oldest kid at summer camp? | 但到了三十几岁仍如此 不会有点可悲吗? |
[01:53] | She has a point. | 她说得有理,我25岁的助理 |
[01:54] | My 25-year-old assistant, Nina Grabowski… | |
[01:56] | …has a summer share in Bridgehampton with 18 other girls. | 夏天在布里治汉普顿 和18个女孩一起分租房子 |
[02:00] | They sleep in shifts. | -她们得轮班睡觉 |
[02:01] | -What if they meet someone? -They fuck in shifts, too. | -要是有艳遇怎么办? |
[02:04] | Hold it. | -连做爱也要排班 -慢着 |
[02:06] | I can’t believe you guys would pass up a chance to get out of this heat. | 我不敢相信 你们要放弃避暑的大好机会 |
[02:10] | Besides, the city’s completely dead during August. | 再说,八月时 整个纽约就像死城 |
[02:13] | -Because everyone’s in the Hamptons. -or stuck in traffic trying to get there. | 因为人人都去了汉普顿 或者正塞在去那里的途中 |
[02:17] | This could be the last summer we can all get together and do something like this. | 这或许是最后一个 我们能自在出游的夏天 |
[02:22] | I mean, next year, who knows? one of us could be married or have kids. | 明年,谁知道呢? 我们其中一人可能已结婚生子 |
[02:26] | And we’ll always regret that last summer we didn’t spend together in the Hamptons. | 我们会终生遗憾最后一个夏天 未能一起在汉普顿共度 |
[02:31] | Charlotte’s sweet hopefulness touched something in all of us. | 夏绿蒂充满希望的甜蜜语气 打动了我们 |
[02:37] | -okay, I’m in. -Me, too. | -好吧,我加入 -我也是 |
[02:39] | Fine, but I get the late shift. | 好吧… 但我要排晚班 |
[02:43] | Samantha always felt like she was in her 20s… | 莎曼珊永远觉得 自己还是二十几岁 |
[02:46] | …until seeing an actual twenty-something brought her down to earth. | 直到她看见 |
[02:50] | No, I’m getting you on the VlP list. You have to try it for one night. | 真正二十几岁的女人 你得尝试一次 |
[02:53] | My best friend Jerry owns it. He also owns the one in South Beach. | 屋主是我最好的朋友杰瑞 |
[02:57] | Yes, the same one. | 他在南滩也有一栋房子 |
[02:58] | Proof and confirm the guest list for the Hetrick-Martin benefit. | 确认宾客名单 |
[03:01] | And get me Richard Johnson, ASAP. | 然后尽快帮我联络理查强森 |
[03:03] | He is not a fag, because I happen to have three friends he’s personally fucked. | 他不是同性恋 |
[03:08] | You are nasty. You are. | 我三个朋友跟他上过床 你真下流 |
[03:10] | I’m sending you a car, to and fro, and if you hate it, I’m gonna let you blow me. I am. | 我已经把邀请卡寄给你了 如果你不喜欢,尽管找我算帐 |
[03:16] | I am serious. off, now. | 我是说真的,马上去办 |
[03:20] | Alec, I’ve gotta go. I’ll keep you posted, okay? | 艾力克,我得挂了 |
[03:24] | Bye, honey. | 有最新消息我再通知你 |
[03:27] | I have personal relationships of my own, you know. | 我有自己私人的人际关系 |
[03:30] | -Not with my clients, you don’t. -I have my career to worry about. | -不准勾搭我的客户 -我也要烦脑我的前途 |
[03:33] | Your career is being my assistant. | 你的前途就是担任我的助理 |
[03:36] | You’re so deluded. You wouldn’t even know what’s hot if it wasn’t for me. | 要不是我 你哪懂什么东西才热门 |
[03:41] | Unfortunately you don’t seem to grasp the vast difference between us. | 妮娜,你似乎不明白 我们之间有着天壤之别 |
[03:45] | Yes, I do. | 我当然明白 |
[03:46] | You stood in line at Studio 54… | 你站在夜总会门口排队 |
[03:49] | …I stood in line at Studio 54, the movie. | 而我站在电影院门口排队 |
[03:55] | I gave that bitch her first job out of college. She didn’t know a fucking thing! | 那臭丫头大学毕业第一份工作 是我给她的 |
[03:59] | Girls in their 20s, they’re spoiled and ungrateful. They think they’re it. | 二十几岁的女孩真是不知好歹 她们以为自己多了不起 |
[04:03] | Don’t they realize, we’re still it? | -她们不懂我们仍是主流吗? |
[04:05] | No, because the world validates their delusion. | -这世界支持她们的错觉 |
[04:08] | And she took a copy of my Rolodex. Do you think I can sue? | 她还拿走我通讯录的副本 我能告她吗? |
[04:11] | -Do you remember us in our 20s? -Dimly. | -记得我们二十几岁那时吗? -没什么印象 |
[04:13] | Have some compassion. | 唯一比三十几岁单身还惨的事 |
[04:15] | The only thing worse than being single in your 30s is being single in your 20s. | 就是二十几岁时孤零零一个人 |
[04:20] | Where’ve you been? I was worried you’d miss the jitney. | 你们差点赶不上巴士 |
[04:23] | The Hamptons Jitney Is like the bus to summer camp… | 它就像开往夏令营的游览车 |
[04:26] | …only instead of singing everyone ignores each other and talks on their cell. | 只不过谁也不理谁 自顾自地讲电话 |
[04:30] | Everyone, this is Greg. | 各位,这是葛瑞格 |
[04:31] | This is Samantha, Carrie and Miranda. Hi! | 她们是莎曼珊、凯莉和米兰达 |
[04:35] | Greg’s been going to the Hamptons every summer for 20 years. | 二十年来 葛瑞格每年夏天都去汉普顿 |
[04:38] | -Since I was six. -You do the math. | -从我六岁起 -你来算年龄吧 |
[04:40] | I have. | -我算过了 |
[04:41] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[04:47] | Easy, sister, no need to push. | 别急,小姐,没必要推挤 |
[04:50] | Four bumper-to-bumper hours later, we arrived at our new digs. | 在车阵中缓慢前进四小时后 我们抵达了新住处 |
[04:58] | They said this place was shabby chic, I’m thinking it’s much more shitty chic. | 他们说这房子有点简陋 我认为是糟透了 |
[05:02] | These towels are mildewed. | 这些毛巾发霉了 |
[05:04] | Actually, this whole house smells like mildew. | 整个房子都有霉味 |
[05:07] | It’s not mildew, it’s beachy. | 那不是发霉,是砂砾 |
[05:09] | Would you all stop being so cynical? We’re lucky to be here. | 你们别再冷嘲热讽了好吗? 我们能来这里就很幸运了 |
[05:13] | Cynicism. Now there’s one advantage we have over girls in their 20s. | 愤世嫉俗,这是我们胜过 二十几岁女孩的优势 |
[05:17] | I was cynical in high school. | -我高中时就很会挖苦人 |
[05:19] | Who’s that? | -是谁来了? |
[05:21] | It’s Greg, that cute guy I met on the jitney. I told him to drop by. | 是葛瑞格 我在巴士上认识的那个帅哥 |
[05:25] | And if he asks, he thinks I’m 27. | 我叫他过来坐一下 如果他问起,就说我27岁 |
[05:28] | Evidently, while we had taken the Midtown Tunnel… | 当我们穿越城中隧道来到此地 |
[05:30] | …Charlotte had taken the time tunnel. -Hi! -Hey. | 夏绿蒂已穿越了时光隧道 |
[05:34] | Come on in. You guys remember Greg. | 快进来 你们还记得葛瑞格吧? |
[05:37] | Hi, Greg. | 你好,葛瑞格 |
[05:38] | Hey! | |
[05:40] | Me and my housemates are having a big bonfire tonight at the beach… | 我和我室友今晚要在沙滩 办一个盛大的营火派对 |
[05:44] | …and I just wanted to tell you that you’re all invited. | -你们都被邀请了 |
[05:47] | Excellent! | -太棒了 |
[06:05] | Here you go, ladies. | 各位,拿去吧 |
[06:07] | There’s so much foam you could ski on the head! | 泡沫好多 简直可以在上面滑雪了 |
[06:10] | Sorry, it’s been awhile since I pumped a keg. | 我已经很久没用唧筒了 |
[06:13] | I love young men, but come on. The guys here don’t even have chest hair yet! | 我爱年轻小伙子 但这里的男人连胸毛都没有 |
[06:19] | That’s good news for their backs. | 这对他们的背部是好消息 |
[06:22] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[06:24] | okay, this is really fun. How long do we have to stay? | 真是有趣极了 |
[06:30] | God! | 我们还要待多久? 天啊 |
[06:32] | I’m gonna go tell Charlotte we’re leaving. | 我去跟夏绿蒂说我们要走了 |
[06:35] | Another thing about twenty-something girls Is they’re very considerate. | 二十几岁的女孩非常体贴 |
[06:38] | You can always count on one of them to hold your hair when you vomit. | 当你呕吐时 她们会帮你把头发撩起来 |
[06:43] | Excuse me! | 不好意思 |
[06:46] | My God, Carrie Bradshaw! | 我的天,你是凯莉布雷萧? |
[06:47] | -Yeah? -Laurel Harris. | 我叫萝拉哈里斯 |
[06:49] | May I just tell you that I worship you? | 我一定要告诉你我有多崇拜你 |
[06:52] | I read your column every week, it’s like my religion. | -我每个礼拜都读你的专栏 |
[06:55] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[06:56] | I work in a publishing house, but I’m really a writer. | 我在一家出版社当助理 |
[07:00] | -Great. -We’ll see. | 但我其实是个作家 |
[07:02] | Maybe I could send you something to read sometime? | 也许改天我能把我的文章 寄给你看看吗? |
[07:04] | -Sure. -That would mean so much to me. | 当然可以 |
[07:07] | To have someone like you as my mentor. | 你不知道能有像你这样的人 |
[07:10] | Well, mentor. | 做我的良师意义多么重大 |
[07:13] | Could I call you sometime in the city? | -良师… -回城里我能打电话给你吗? |
[07:15] | If I could spend some time with you, that would be so cool. | 我能跟你见面吗? |
[07:19] | of course. I’ll be looking at a very busy summer. | 当然,不过这个夏天我会很忙 |
[07:22] | I can help. I’ll run errands, I’ll do your wash. | 我可以帮你跑腿、洗衣服 |
[07:25] | No menial labor necessary. I’ll just give you my phone number. | 不需要干仆人的活儿 我把电话号码给你 |
[07:30] | My God, this is so cool. | -我的天,真是太酷了 |
[07:32] | Thank you. -It’s okay. -Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[07:41] | The next day, Miranda woke up early to enjoy the cool morning breeze… | 隔天,米兰达一早起床 享受清晨的微风 |
[07:45] | …and a much-needed moment of solitude. | 以及更为必要的独处时光 |
[07:53] | All right, somebody puked on the deck. | -有人在门口呕吐 |
[07:55] | Sorry… | -抱歉 |
[07:57] | …Stacey and Holly did too many Jell-o shots. | 史黛西和荷莉喝太多酒了 |
[08:00] | What are you, 25 now? | 你以为你现在几岁,25吗? |
[08:04] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[08:07] | No, 27! | -不,27岁 |
[08:10] | Whatever. | -随便 |
[08:12] | That week, back in the city, I wondered what was the allure of the 20s? | 回到城里 我纳闷二十多岁的魅力是什么 |
[08:16] | on one hand, there’s great skin tone, the thrill of fresh experience… | 气色很好 对新奇的体验感到兴奋 |
[08:20] | …and the sense of a consequence-free life full of endless possibilities. | 不计后果 充满无限可能的人生 |
[08:24] | While on the other, there are horrible apartments, sexually inexperienced men… | 同时住很糟糕的公寓 交往没有性经验的男友 |
[08:28] | …and embarrassing errors in fashion judgment. | 以及穿没有品味的衣服 |
[08:33] | Should we fear these freshly minted, single women as a threat to our very survival… | 我们是否该担心 这些年轻的单身女子 对我们的生存造成威胁? |
[08:38] | …or pity them as clueless half-wits about to get their dreams dashed… | 或者同情她们 |
[08:42] | …and illusions shattered? | 幻想即将破灭却一无所知? |
[08:44] | Twenty-something girls… | 二十多岁的女孩 |
[08:47] | …friend or foe? | 是朋友…还是敌人? |
[08:50] | And that evening, in my first act as a mentor… | 那晚,身为良师的第一件事 |
[08:53] | …I took my young acolyte to a book party. | 我带着我年轻的门徒 参加一个新书派对 |
[08:59] | My God. | 我的天 |
[09:01] | I can’t believe I’m out with Carrie Bradshaw. This is too cool. | 我真不敢相信 我和凯莉布雷萧一起出现 |
[09:05] | Stop, I can feel my head swelling. | 够了,若我的头继续变大 |
[09:07] | If it gets any bigger, I’ll have to say goodbye to my hats. | 我就必须和我的帽子道别 |
[09:10] | I have a question. | 我有个问题,25岁写回忆录 |
[09:11] | Do you think that 25 is too young to write a personal memoir? | 会不会太年轻? |
[09:15] | As long as it doesn’t deal with incest, Prozac, or partying, no. | 只要里面没提到乱伦 百忧解或狂欢就不会 |
[09:19] | It does deal with sex, or rather not having sex. | 它探讨性 或者应该说是没做爱 |
[09:22] | It’s about how girls my age are saving themselves for marriage. | 它是关于我这年纪的女孩 为了婚姻保有处女之身 |
[09:28] | -Saving what for marriage? -our virginity. | -为了婚姻保有什么? -贞操 |
[09:32] | Are you telling me that you’ve never had sex with a man? | 你的意思是 你从没和男人上过床? |
[09:35] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[09:37] | okay, what do you consider sex? | 你认为性是什么? |
[09:42] | Are you implying I’m some kind of Lewinsky? | 你在暗示我跟莒恩丝基一样? |
[09:44] | I’m not! I’m talking no blowjobs, no hand jobs. | 不,我是指口交、手淫都不算 |
[09:47] | All right, I get it, no jobs of any kind. | 我懂了,任何费力的事都不算 |
[09:51] | You know what? I think I need to get a drink. | 你知道吗? 我想我需要喝杯饮料 |
[09:54] | -I’ll get it. Cosmopolitan, right? -Yeah. | 我去拿,四海为家,对吗? |
[09:57] | I remember from your column. | 我记得…你专栏中写过 |
[10:02] | A 25-year-old virgin was getting me a Cosmopolitan. | 一个25岁的处女 正帮我去拿四海为家 |
[10:06] | The generation gap had never seemed so wide. | 世代鸿沟从未显得如此深远 |
[10:10] | Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[10:13] | -Have you actually read the book? -No, have you? | -你读过这本书了吗? |
[10:16] | Not yet. | -还没 |
[10:17] | Know anything about the author? | 你呢?你对作者有何认识? |
[10:18] | His family has a history of diabetes and he has a steel splint in his left femur. | 他的家族有糖尿病遗传 而他左股骨上了夹板 |
[10:23] | -I’m his doctor, Bradley Meego. -Carrie Bradshaw. | -我是他的医生,布莱德米哥 -我是凯莉布雷萧 |
[10:27] | My doctor won’t even make house calls, let alone attend a book party. | 我的医生平常连电话都不打 更别说是来参加新书派对 |
[10:31] | I’ve never been to one. I thought it might be interesting. | 我想这可能会很有趣 |
[10:34] | It’s exceeded all my expectations. | 现在已经超出我的期望了 |
[10:36] | Generally, it’s cheese and crackers. You never see an actual shrimp. | 通常,连只真正的虾子也没有 |
[10:39] | No, I meant you. | 不,我是指你 |
[10:42] | I’d ask you for a drink after but I’m driving to the Hamptons. | 等会我很想约你一起喝东西 |
[10:46] | I’m going out to the Hamptons tomorrow. | 但我要开车去汉普顿 事实上,我明天也要去汉普顿 |
[10:48] | Great, can I call you there? | 太好了,我可以打电话给你吗 |
[10:52] | All right, you know what? | 星期六我跟我朋友 |
[10:54] | I’ll be with my friends Saturday at Townline Beach. | 会去唐莱海滩 |
[10:56] | A big yellow umbrella. You can come by and say hello. | 寻找很大的黄色遮阳伞 你可以来打个招呼 |
[10:59] | Is this a ploy to see me in my bathing suit? | 这是为了看我穿泳衣的计谋吗 |
[11:02] | -Here’s your Cosmo. -Thank you. | 这是你的酒,小姐 |
[11:05] | Dr. Bradley Meego, this is Laurel. | 他是布莱德米哥医生 |
[11:08] | -Hi. -Hey. | 她是萝拉 |
[11:11] | What if it rains? Do we pick another date? | 万一下雨怎么办? 要另外定约会吗? |
[11:13] | Doctor, you are persistent. | 医生,你还真是不屈不挠 |
[11:16] | All right. in case of emergency, only. | 好吧,除非有急事才打 |
[11:25] | Now I’m gonna have to buy the book. | 现在我得买下这本书了 |
[11:28] | Nice meeting you. You, too. | 很高兴认识你,你也是 |
[11:31] | Drive safe. | 小心开车 |
[11:33] | My God, he is such a fox. | 他真迷人,你是在我去吧台时 |
[11:36] | Did you meet him when I was at the bar? | 认识他的吗? |
[11:38] | Lady, you’ve got it going on! | 小姐,真有你的 |
[11:43] | That Saturday turned out to be hot and sunny. | 那个星期六炎热又晴朗 |
[11:46] | While we sat under our umbrella… | 当我们坐在遮阳伞下时 |
[11:48] | …twenty-something girls sizzled on the sand like rotisserie chickens. | 二十多岁的女孩 像烤肉般发出嘶嘶声 |
[11:52] | Excuse me, when did tanning come back in style? | 请问古铜色皮肤 何时又开始流行了? |
[11:55] | Hand me the 45! | -把防晒系数45的拿给我 |
[11:56] | Forty-five, I didn’t know it went up that high. | -我不知道有出到这么高系数 |
[12:00] | You could sit in a microwave and not burn. | 你可以待在微波炉中而不灼伤 |
[12:03] | It’s Charlotte’s, but I don’t think she’ll be using it. | 这是夏绿蒂的 但我不认为她会用 |
[12:05] | It’s not good for her 27-year-old image. | 这不符合她27岁的形象 |
[12:09] | She actually put on oil. | 她竟然还抹了油 |
[12:12] | Just let her have her fun now. | 到时候,她看起来 |
[12:14] | Come Labor Day, she’s gonna look like a 27-year-old handbag. | 便会像个27岁的手提包 |
[12:17] | I’d risk a few precancerous freckles for a summer romance. | 我愿意为了夏日恋情 甘冒长癌症雀斑之险 |
[12:21] | And right then, my summer romance made his appearance, right on schedule. | 就在此时 我夏日恋情的男主角 准时出现了 |
[12:26] | Yellow umbrellas seem to be very popular this year. | 黄色遮阳伞今年似乎非常流行 嗨 |
[12:30] | This is Dr. Bradley Meego. | 莎曼珊、米兰达 |
[12:33] | Hello. | 这位是布莱德米哥医生 |
[12:34] | What kind of a doctor are you, Doctor? | 你是哪一科的医生,大夫? |
[12:36] | Internal medicine. General, all-purpose kind of thing. | 什么都看,可以说是万事通 |
[12:39] | Fabulous, so you can prescribe medication? | 太棒了,那么你能开药方? |
[12:42] | -What’d you have in mind? -Feel free to ignore her. | -你有什么意见? |
[12:45] | I’m sure that’s impossible. I’m gonna go take a quick dip. | -别理她 我要去冲个澡 |
[12:49] | -You promise not to ditch me, now. -I promise. | 你保证不丢下我? 我保证 |
[12:56] | -Is that the guy from the book party? -Yeah. | 他是你在新书派对上认识的? |
[12:58] | I’ve got to start reading. | 我得开始阅读了 |
[13:00] | He’s cute. I’m just not really sure I’m interested. | 他很可爱 我只是不太确定有没有兴趣 |
[13:05] | Good-looking, polite, house in the Hamptons. | 人长得帅、又有礼貌 在汉普顿有房子 |
[13:09] | -It’s good on paper. -You know the rule. | 擅长理论 |
[13:12] | Good on paper, bad in bed. | 你知道那定律 擅长理论的人床上功夫很差劲 |
[13:15] | A ”good on paper guy” Is a guy with great credentials… | 擅长理论的男人 拥有出色的背景资历 |
[13:18] | …who you always end up leaving for some hot guy… | 最后你却永远会为了一个 |
[13:20] | …who rides a motorcycle and doesn’t have a checking account. My God! | 骑摩托车的浪子离他而去 |
[13:27] | The water feels so awesome. You guys should really go in. | 海水真是棒呆了 你们应该下去玩一玩 |
[13:30] | You better put on some sunscreen, Georgette Hamilton. | 你最好擦一点防晒油 |
[13:34] | That’s okay, I never burn. | -没关系,我从来不会晒伤 |
[13:35] | Well, I do. in fact, I’ve had enough for today. | -我会 |
[13:39] | I’m gonna go grocery shopping. You guys want anything? | 我要去买点东西 你们想要什么吗? |
[13:42] | We should get some rum. We can make Long island iced Teas. | 兰姆酒,我们可以做长岛冰茶 |
[13:45] | Yes, I love Long island iced Teas. | 好,我爱死长岛冰茶了 |
[13:48] | Excellent! | 太棒了 |
[13:57] | I took a leap of faith and made reservations… | 我在一家很热门的餐厅订位了 |
[13:59] | …at one of those impossible-to-get-into restaurants for tonight. | 我很想去 |
[14:03] | I’d love to… …I just can’t abandon my friends. | 但我不能就这样丢下我的朋友 |
[14:08] | Actually, that wasn’t an invitation. It was just restaurant chitchat. | 其实这并不是邀请 我只是随口提起 |
[14:14] | I’m kidding. | 开玩笑的 |
[14:17] | How about after dinner? | 那晚餐之后呢? |
[14:18] | I’ve got a great little house, cute porch we could sit on. | 我们可以在阳台上坐坐 |
[14:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:23] | okay, how about I just call your… | 好吧,这个周末 |
[14:26] | …in-case-of-emergency number this weekend. | 我打你的紧急电话如何? |
[14:29] | The emergency being, I think I’m gonna miss you. | 紧急状况是 我猜我会开始想你 |
[14:32] | Yes, you could definitely do that. | 好,你当然可以这么做 |
[14:35] | Good. | |
[14:36] | Romantic, polite, and his very own house south of the highway. | 浪漫、殷勤 加上他在公路南方拥有的房子 |
[14:41] | My good-on-paper guy was jumping right off the page. | 这个擅长理论的男人 正从纸上一跃而出 |
[14:44] | Later that afternoon, we came back from the beach rested, rejuvenated… | 我们从海滩返回别墅时 |
[14:48] | …feeling almost 29 again. | 感觉仿佛又是29岁般年轻 |
[14:50] | Even Miranda was in good spirits. | 连米兰达心情都很好 |
[14:52] | Guys, I just got back from the market. Fresh corn and seafood for dinner. | 我刚从市场回来 晚餐有新鲜的玉米和海产 |
[14:57] | Except, your groupie can’t stay. I only got enough for the four of us. | 你的崇拜者不能留下来,凯莉 我只准备了四人份 |
[15:01] | She’s here? | 她在这里? |
[15:03] | Yeah, she was asking too many inane questions. I sent her up to your room. | 她问太多问题了 我让她去你房间 |
[15:07] | -Thanks. -Sorry. | -谢了 -对不起 |
[15:09] | I’ve got to shower, the sand is itchy in my bathing suit, and then I’ll help you. | 我得把身上的沙冲干净 然后就去帮你 |
[15:13] | Take your time. That came for you. | 慢慢来 莎曼珊,那封信是你的 |
[15:18] | My God! | -我的天 |
[15:20] | What’s wrong? | -怎么了? |
[15:21] | It’s for the Hamptons Hoedown tomorrow night… | 明晚是汉普顿的土风舞晚会 |
[15:23] | …and the event is being run by Nina G. Public Relations. Nina G.! | 由妮娜G公关公司举办 |
[15:27] | overnight, Samantha’s ex-assistant, Nina Grabowskl… | 一夜之间,莎曼珊的前助理 |
[15:30] | …had reinvented herself as Nina G. | 便将自己重新塑造成为妮娜G |
[15:32] | I was up for that job and now she’s using my Rolodex to put together the guest list. | 她用我的通讯录制作宾客名单 |
[15:37] | While Samantha was getting | 当莎曼珊被她的手下 狠狠摆了一道 |
[15:40] | …mine was giving me the royal treatment. | 我的门徒正给我女王般的待遇 |
[15:43] | It’s not that I don’t wanna have sex with men… | 不是我不想跟男人上床 |
[15:45] | …I feel like these previous generations of women have… | 但以前的女人贬低了性的价值 |
[15:48] | …devalued sex to the point where it’s not even special anymore. | 因此它甚至不再特别了 |
[15:52] | one summer, when I was 15, I read everything Jackie Collins ever wrote. | 我15岁时 我读每本杰姬柯林斯的作品 |
[15:55] | I thought to myself, who cares? | 当时我在想 |
[15:57] | Is it supposed to be shocking… | “这应该是惊人的吗?” |
[15:59] | …wagging one’s pussy at every good-looking stud who walks by? | “对每个经过的性感男人 |
[16:02] | -Please. -And what is it you like about my column? | 搔首弄姿?” 你到底喜欢我专栏哪一点? |
[16:07] | I have a tiny tick on my stomach, and I can’t get it off. | 我肚子上有个虱子,我弄不掉 |
[16:10] | -Does it hurt? -No, but it itches. | -会痛吗? -不,但会痒 |
[16:13] | My God, that is not a tick. | -我的天,那不是虱子 |
[16:15] | What is it? | -那是什么? |
[16:20] | There go our shitty sheets. | -都是可恶的床单害的 |
[16:22] | My God, it’s so disgusting. | -好恶心 |
[16:25] | -Where’s she going? -To the drugstore. | -她要去哪里? -去药房 |
[16:28] | Charlotte really is in her 20s. She’s got crabs. | 夏绿蒂真的回到二十几岁了 |
[16:32] | My God! | 她身上有阴虱 |
[16:35] | That night, I called Dr. Meego. | 当晚,我打给米哥医生 |
[16:37] | I figured It was an emergency. | 我想这算是紧急情况 |
[16:41] | I have this thing about crabs. | 我大学时长过一次阴虱 |
[16:43] | I had them in college and it scarred me for life. | 害我一辈子留下疤痕 |
[16:46] | I can’t go back to that house until the mattresses are sanitized… | 我得等床单和毛巾都烧掉 |
[16:49] | …and the sheets and towels are burned. | 才能回去 |
[16:52] | I’m flattered you thought of me. | 我很高兴你想到了我 |
[16:54] | I’d be happy to prescribe your friend some industrial-strength pubicide. | 我很乐意为你朋友 开一点杀菌药 |
[16:58] | She can take care of herself. | 我想她能照顾自己 |
[17:01] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[17:10] | You might have to spend the night here. | 你可能得在这里过夜 |
[17:13] | I might have to, but only to sleep. | -可能,不过只是睡觉而已 |
[17:16] | Women always say that and as soon as the lights go out… | -女人总是这么说 |
[17:19] | …boom, they’re going for my pajamas. | 灯一关掉 |
[17:23] | All right. I promise, no funny stuff. | 她们就来脱我的睡衣 我保证没有滑稽的玩意儿 |
[17:31] | That night we slept together, but we didn’t sleep together. | 我们同床,但并未上床 |
[17:34] | It was really nice. | 那感觉好极了 |
[17:36] | I believe It was the first instance of a case of crabs moving a relationship forward. | 这是第一件 |
[17:48] | Every year, one of the local Hamptons billionaires got down and dirty… | 阴虱让感情有所进展的案例 每年,本地的有钱人 |
[17:51] | …and threw a big hoedown full of cowboys and caviar. | 都会办一个挤满牛仔 和鱼子酱的盛大土风舞会 |
[17:55] | It was the event of the season. | 这是社交季的大事 |
[17:58] | We joined Samantha to lend our moral support. | 我们陪莎曼珊出席 给予她精神支持 |
[18:01] | I can’t believe it. | 有人不参加我办的派对 |
[18:03] | There’re people here who don’t even come to my parties and they came to Nina’s. | 却参加妮娜办的 |
[18:09] | Look at her over there. | 你看看她 |
[18:12] | Beef jerky carpaccio? | 来点生腌牛肉干? |
[18:13] | I am just so depressed right now. Excuse me. | 我现在真的非常沮丧,失陪 |
[18:18] | Where are you going? | -你要去哪里 -去恭喜妮娜 |
[18:19] | To congratulate Nina. I may need her to hire me someday. | 有一天我可能得靠她 赏我一口饭吃 |
[18:25] | While Samantha set out to negotiate | 当莎曼珊出发去向 二十多岁的女孩低头 |
[18:28] | …Charlotte prepared to launch a full-out war. | 夏绿蒂则准备发动战争 |
[18:31] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[18:46] | Do you know that you gave me crabs? | 你知道你把阴虱传染给我吗? |
[18:51] | -What? -You heard me. | -什么? -你听到了 |
[18:53] | -What makes you think it was me? -That is so tacky. | -你凭什么认为是我? -那真是太低级了 |
[18:57] | So is lying about your age. | 你谎报年龄还不是一样 |
[18:59] | I saw your license when you bought the beer. | 昨晚我看到你的驾照了 |
[19:01] | I didn’t lie. You made an assumption, I didn’t contradict it. | 我没有说谎 |
[19:04] | Whatever. | 是你这么假设,我没反驳而已 |
[19:07] | I may have given you crabs, but you deceived me. | 也许阴虱是我传染给你的 但你欺骗我 |
[19:10] | -That is so much worse. -Grow up. | -这严重多了 -成熟点吧 |
[19:20] | You are a waitperson. That doesn’t mean wait, it means go! | 你是个接待员 没做好份内事就滚吧 |
[19:25] | My God, you actually came. | 我的天,你真的来了 |
[19:29] | I just stopped by to wish you good luck. It’s a fabulous party. | 我只是来祝福你好运 |
[19:33] | That is very cool of you. | -这是个很棒的派对 -你真好 |
[19:35] | I told you not to seat Martha near the hayride. She’s allergic. | 我不希望玛莎乘干草卡车 她会过敏 |
[19:39] | Please try to keep the young people out until after 11:00. | 你能让年轻人一直到11点 都待在外头吗? |
[19:44] | We’re all out of country-fried goat cheese, somebody got stuck with a cactus needle… | 羊酪已经没了 还有人被仙人掌刺到 |
[19:48] | …and there are people outside who aren’t on the list. | 外面有不在 宾客名单上的人要进来 |
[19:51] | Jesus fucking Christ. You are totally coked out. | -你办事能力真差 |
[19:53] | You are totally jealous. | -你太小心眼了 |
[19:56] | My God, what is that? | 那是什么?我的天啊 |
[19:58] | What is that sound? My God! | 那是什么? |
[20:01] | That’s not supposed to happen until 12:00. | 那应该等到午夜才放的 |
[20:04] | -I know. -This is your problem. Get them to stop! | -我知道 -这是你的问题 |
[20:07] | I can’t, they’re on a fucking barge! | -叫他们停下来 -不行,他们在该死的游艇上 |
[20:10] | Could you help me? I need to get everybody outside. | 莎曼珊,你能帮我吗? 我需要让大家到外面去 |
[20:14] | I’m totally fucked right now. | 我现在把一切都搞砸了 |
[20:17] | okay, people, fiesta fireworks, outside! | 各位,外面在放烟火 |
[20:22] | Let’s go! | 我们往外移动吧 |
[20:26] | This is Greg. | 妮娜,这是葛瑞格 |
[20:28] | I think the two of you would really hit it off. Hi. | 我想你们两个将会一见如故 |
[20:37] | I began to realize, that the biggest threat twenty-something girls posed… | 我发现二十多岁的女孩 |
[20:41] | …was to themselves. | 所造成的最大威胁 是对她们自己 |
[20:42] | I’ve been looking all over for you. | 我到处找你 |
[20:45] | -Look, I got one just like yours. -That’s great. | 你看,我有条跟你一样的项练 |
[20:48] | You want me to get you a Cosmopolitan? | -那很好 -你要来杯四海为家吗? |
[20:50] | No. I’m gonna go find my date. But I’ll see you later, okay? | 我要去找我的男伴了,待会见 |
[20:53] | That guy from the bookstore? My God, he was so cute. | 那个在书店认识的男人? 他好帅 |
[20:56] | Annoying, yes. Dangerous, no. | 她们的确烦人,却不危险 |
[20:59] | They were simply our youthful doppelganger… | 只不过是我们年轻时的翻版 |
[21:01] | …who needed our compassion more than anything. | 需要我们的同情甚过一切 |
[21:05] | And then everything I so firmly believed was promptly blown to pieces. | 接着我所坚信的一切马上瓦解 |
[21:20] | Is it you? | -是你吗? |
[21:23] | Hey. What are you doing here? | -你怎么会在这里? |
[21:27] | What am I doing here? What are you doing here? | 我怎么会在这里? 那你又怎么会在这里? |
[21:32] | I just got back this week from Paris. | 我刚从巴黎回来 |
[21:36] | This is Natasha. | 凯莉,这是娜塔莎 |
[21:38] | Hi. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’ve heard so much about you. | 很高兴认识你 我听说许多有关你的事 |
[21:41] | Really? | 是吗? |
[21:44] | Natasha’s parents have a house in East Hampton. We came up for the weekend. | 娜塔莎的父母在这里有栋别墅 我们只是周末来度假 |
[21:48] | Excuse me. It’s nice to meet you. | 抱歉失陪,幸会,凯莉 |
[22:00] | I’m sorry, I’m just a little stunned here. | 对不起,我只是…有点震惊 |
[22:04] | And confused. | 还有困惑,她是谁? |
[22:06] | Who is she? | |
[22:08] | I meant to call you. | 我本来想打给你 |
[22:14] | She’s this girl that I met in Paris. | 她是… |
[22:17] | She works for Ralph Lauren in Europe. | 她是我在巴黎认识的女孩 她在欧洲替劳夫罗伦工作 |
[22:22] | You’re in from Paris for the weekends? | 所以你只是 从巴黎回来度周末? |
[22:25] | No. The Paris deal fell through. | 不是 |
[22:32] | I planned on calling you. | 巴黎的计划已经告吹 我…我有打算跟你联络 |
[22:34] | I certainly didn’t want to run into you like this. | 我真的不想 在这种情况下遇见你 |
[22:37] | You can’t plan everything. Life can be pretty random. | 世事难料 |
[22:40] | I’m here on a date, too, somewhere. | 我的男伴也在这里…某个地方 |
[22:44] | He’s a doctor, Bradley Meego. | 他是布莱德米哥医生 |
[22:46] | He’s good on paper, probably like Natasha. Good-looking, sweet, blah-blah-blah. | 他擅长理论,或许跟 娜塔莎一样,好看、温柔… |
[22:53] | How old is she, anyway? | 她到底几岁? |
[22:57] | I don’t know, 26, 27. | 我不知道,26、27 |
[23:01] | Something like that. | 大概吧 |
[23:07] | I’ll see you in the Hamptons or back in the city. | 我们在汉普顿或回纽约时再见 |
[23:10] | I promise to call when I get back into town. | 我保证回城里一定打电话给你 |
[23:27] | Are you okay? | 凯莉,你还好吧? |
[23:29] | No, I just ran into Big. | 不好,我刚碰到大人物了 |
[23:33] | He’s back from Paris. | 他从巴黎回来 |
[23:35] | He has a new girlfriend. | 交了新的女朋友 |
[23:38] | She’s 26. | 她26岁 |
[23:40] | -Where is he? I didn’t see– -God. | 他在哪里?我没看见他 |
[23:58] | And then I realized… | 我这才明白 |
[24:00] | …twenty-something girls are just fabulous… | 二十多岁的女孩确实很迷人 |
[24:03] | …until you see one with the man who broke your heart. | 直到你看到她身边 有个曾令你心碎的男人 |