时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | life Is all about making choices. | 人生总是不停在做选择 |
[00:49] | Some choices, like who you marry, are big… | 有些选择很重大 好比说跟谁结婚 |
[00:52] | …while others are even bigger. | 但有些则更加重大 |
[00:54] | What do you think? | 买五块钱维持三天的 |
[00:56] | The $5 ones that last three days, or the $10 ones that last five? | 还是十块钱维持五天的? |
[00:59] | Either one. | -都好 |
[01:02] | Three days. | -买三天的 |
[01:04] | $5. | 五块钱 |
[01:05] | Another choice Is how to deal with an ex-boyfriend. | 另一个选择是如何面对前男友 |
[01:08] | Some women handle It coolly, calmly, while others…. | 有些女人很冷静,而有些则… |
[01:11] | Fuck! | 妈的,是史蒂夫 |
[01:13] | Steve. | |
[01:16] | Go! | 快走… |
[01:18] | $5! Come back here! | 赔我五块钱,回来 |
[01:30] | He looked so hurt. | 他看起来很受伤 |
[01:31] | Like a kid in one of those big-eyed velvet paintings. | 像那些画中的孩子 |
[01:34] | Poor Steve. | -可怜的史蒂夫 |
[01:35] | I’m sorry, I panicked. | -对不起,我一时慌了 |
[01:37] | What was I to do, chat about the weather? | 我不想跟他聊天气之类的话题 |
[01:39] | -The man’s been inside me. -Could I have more Sweet ‘N Low? | 我跟那男人上过床 |
[01:43] | I’ve never been able to be friends with an ex. | -再给我一包低糖好吗? -我没办法跟旧情人做朋友 |
[01:46] | I meet those couples who stay friends and I think, ”How do they do that?” | 我碰到和前男友维持友谊的人 就会想“她们怎么做到的?” |
[01:49] | I’ve never been friends with men. Women are for friendships, men are for fucking. | 我从来不跟男人做朋友 要友谊找女人就好 男人是用来上床的 |
[01:54] | You must learn to form an opinion. | -你得学着有自己的主张 -友谊是额外的好处 |
[01:56] | Friendship is the bonus of a relationship. No relationship, no friendship. | 如果他们不想谈感情 那就做不成朋友了 |
[02:00] | If your couple doesn’t work, you withhold friendship as a punishment? | -你收回友谊作为惩罚? |
[02:04] | You make it sound so bad. | -你干嘛讲那么难听 |
[02:06] | Black widow spiders bite their mate’s heads off when it’s over. | 黑寡妇蜘蛛办完事后 |
[02:09] | Withholding friendship is letting them off easy. | 便把伴侣的头咬下来 |
[02:11] | Imagine, instead of the awful break-up scene… | 收回友谊可以让他们自在离开 |
[02:14] | …you say, ”Come here”… | 免了分手那幕,你说“过来” |
[02:16] | …and chomp their head off. | 然后大口把他们的头咬下来 |
[02:18] | I would love to be one of those people who’s all: | 我很欣赏那种 |
[02:22] | ”We loved, thank you. You enriched my life. Now, go, prosper.” | “我们相爱过,谢谢你丰富 我的生命,现在各奔前程吧” |
[02:26] | I’m much more: ”We didn’t work out, you need to not exist.” | 但我比较像是 “我们合不来,你最好消失” |
[02:31] | What? | -怎么了? |
[02:33] | It’s just so childish. | -真的好幼稚 |
[02:35] | Not you, the whole situation. | 不是说你,是整个情况 |
[02:38] | We keep dresses we’ll never wear but throw away our ex-boyfriends. | 我们留着再也不穿的衣服 却把前男友像垃圾一样扔掉 |
[02:44] | I’m not saying that I’m any better. | 我不是说我自己处理得多好 |
[02:46] | I haven’t been able to be friends with Big, but…. | 我还无法跟大人物做朋友 |
[02:50] | If you loved someone and you break up… | 但若你爱过一个人然后分手了 |
[02:53] | …where does the love go? | 那份爱到哪儿去了? |
[02:55] | To their next girlfriend. | -移情到下一个女友身上 |
[02:57] | No. That is a different love. | -不…那是不一样的爱 |
[03:00] | The love that Big and I had cannot be same thing he has with Natasha. | 我跟大人物之间的感情 绝对和他与娜塔莎之间不同 |
[03:04] | Natasha? When’d you stop calling her the idiot Stick Figure With No Soul? | 你什么时候开始不再叫她 “缺少灵魂的空洞白痴”? |
[03:09] | About three weeks ago when I saw them at Cafe M. | 大约三周前我在餐厅见到他们 |
[03:12] | He was holding her hand and smiling and… | 他握着她的手微笑 |
[03:17] | …I finally got it. | 我终于明白了 |
[03:19] | They’re happy, slash, we’re over. | 他们很快乐,我们结束了 |
[03:23] | It was okay. | 而我觉得没关系 |
[03:28] | -Natasha, what a bullshit name. -Totally. | -娜塔莎?什么烂名字 -一点也没错 |
[03:30] | -Stupid. -Complete bullshit. | -愚蠢 -烂到极点 |
[03:33] | Later that night, I got to thinking about the ex factor. | 当晚,我思考着“X”因子 |
[03:36] | In mathematics, we learned that ”x” stands for the unknown. | 在数学中,X代表未知数 |
[03:40] | ”a” plus ”b” equals ”x.” | A加B等于X |
[03:42] | But what’s really unknown ls.: what plus what equals friendship with an ex? | 但未知的是什么加什么 会等于和前男友的友谊? |
[03:48] | Is this an unsolvable equation? | 这是个无解的方程式吗? |
[03:50] | or Is It possible to transform a once-passionate love… | 或者有没有可能 将昔日热烈的感情 |
[03:54] | …into something that fits nice and easlly onto the friendship shelf? | 转化成一份恰好的友谊? |
[03:58] | I couldn’t help but wonder… | 我不禁纳闷 |
[04:00] | …can you be friends with an ex? | 和旧情人可以做朋友吗? |
[04:03] | That Sunday afternoon, Miranda was enjoying a blscottl and the paper when…. | 星期天下午当米兰达坐在家中 享受着饼干和报纸… |
[04:13] | There It was… | 她前男友就站在外面 |
[04:14] | …her ex’s head. | |
[04:17] | I hear you breathing. | 我听见你的呼吸声 |
[04:22] | Yeah. Hi! | 嗨 |
[04:25] | That was a shitty thing you did, running away from me on the street. | 你从我面前跑开真是恶劣 |
[04:29] | I didn’t run. | -我没有跑 |
[04:30] | You ran. | -你有 |
[04:32] | I wasn’t expecting to see you– | -我没想到会看见你,而且… |
[04:35] | It really hurt my feelings. | -那真的伤了我的心 |
[04:39] | I don’t do very well with ex-boyfriends and…. | 我不知道该怎么和前男友相处 |
[04:44] | This is me. Steve. | 米兰达,是我…史蒂夫 |
[04:54] | I held your head while you were sleeping. | 你入睡时是我抱着你的头 |
[05:02] | I’m sorry. | 对不起,我很抱歉 |
[05:04] | I’m so sorry. | |
[05:06] | It’s okay. | 没关系… |
[05:08] | I hadn’t seen you in so long and I missed you… | 我们好久没见面,我很想你 |
[05:12] | …and then I did that shitty thing. | 但我却做了这么恶劣的事 |
[05:14] | -It wasn’t that shitty. -It was. | -没那么恶劣,真的 |
[05:16] | It was a shitty thing. I’m a shitty person. | -有,我是个恶劣的人 |
[05:18] | -You are not a shitty person. -I am! I am shitty! | -你不是个恶劣的人 -我很恶劣 |
[05:21] | You’d never do anything that shitty. | 你绝不会做出这么恶劣的事 |
[05:23] | How about showing up at your apartment and calling you shitty? | 那我跑来你家骂你恶劣 又怎么说? |
[05:28] | Yeah, that was pretty shitty. | -没错,那挺恶劣的 |
[05:31] | You’ve got a ”bat in the cave.” | -你鼻涕快流出来了 |
[05:39] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[05:42] | Whenever something funny happens, I always want to tell you about it. | 每当有好笑的事发生 我总是想告诉你 |
[05:46] | So tell me. | 那就告诉我,我们当不成情人 |
[05:49] | Just ’cause we broke up doesn’t mean we can’t have a friendly meal, does it? | 不表示不能像朋友 偶尔一起吃个饭,对吧? |
[05:56] | I guess not. | -是 |
[05:58] | What are you doing Friday? | -你星期五要做什么? |
[06:01] | I have a date. | -我有约会了 |
[06:04] | Looking forward to it, are you? | -你很期待吧? |
[06:07] | As Miranda made plans to have dinner with her last love… | 正当米兰达计划和前男友 一起吃晚餐 |
[06:12] | …Charlotte came face to face with the memory of her first… | 夏绿蒂面对记忆中的初恋… |
[06:17] | …her horse, Taddy. | 她的爱马,泰迪 |
[06:20] | Charlotte’s relationship with Taddy ended… | 夏绿蒂和泰迪的关系 |
[06:23] | …when he threw her during a teen equestrian competition… | 悲伤地结束 它在一场比赛中将她摔下马 |
[06:26] | …causing her to break her collarbone and lose the blue ribbon. | 害她摔断锁骨,并且输掉冠军 |
[06:31] | Her father promptly sold Taddy and she hadn’t been on a horse since. | 她父亲把泰迪卖给别人 从那时起她再也没骑过马 |
[06:40] | Charlotte wondered lf It was time to get back in the saddle. | 夏绿蒂考虑 是否到了该重回马鞍的时候 |
[06:45] | Meanwhile, across town… | 同时,在城的另一头 |
[06:47] | …Samantha was about to see a stallion of her own. | 莎曼珊即将棋逢对手 |
[07:14] | I gotta say, you look amazing. | 我非告诉你不可,你好漂亮 |
[07:16] | Excuse me, but do I know you? | -不好意思,我们认识吗? |
[07:18] | Not yet. | -还没有 |
[07:19] | I was thinking maybe you’d have dinner with me sometime. | 但改天或许你愿意 跟我共进晚餐? |
[07:23] | What makes you think that? | -你凭什么认为我会答应? |
[07:25] | The way you were just checking me out. | -从你注视我的眼神 |
[07:30] | You get 10 points for directness. | 你的率直可以得十分 |
[07:32] | Do I also get your phone number? | -我也得到你的电话了吗? |
[07:34] | I’m not sure yet. | -我还不确定 |
[07:37] | I’ll tell you what…. | 这样吧 |
[07:40] | Here’s my business card. You call me. | 这是我的名片,你跟我联络 |
[07:44] | Blatantly picking a woman up on the street. | 公然在大街上和女人搭讪 |
[07:47] | How’d you get to be so cocky? | -你怎么会这么自大? |
[07:49] | I was born that way, I guess. | -我想是天生的吧 |
[07:52] | At least consider meeting me for a friendly little drink. | 至少考虑出来跟我喝一杯 交个朋友 |
[07:56] | I’ll think about it, Mr. Cocky. | 我会的,自大先生 |
[08:01] | Please do. | 请尽管这么做 |
[08:12] | Later that week, when I spotted a Laura Ashley dress, circa 1988… | 当我发现衣柜里还挂着一件 |
[08:17] | …still hanging in my closet… | 大约1988年的旧洋装时 |
[08:19] | …I decided It was time to give my ex a friendly phone call. | 我决定是时候打电话给前男友 伸出友谊之手 |
[08:31] | I hadn’t planned on the idiot Stick Figure With No Soul answering. | 我没料到会是那个缺少灵魂的 空洞白痴接的电话 |
[08:36] | Then, I remembered Big had caller lD. | 接着我想起 大人物家有来电显示 |
[08:39] | Shit! | 该死 |
[08:51] | Hello yourself. | -你好 |
[08:56] | -Did you just call? -No– | -刚才是你打的吗? |
[08:58] | Yes, but I didn’t get to talk because… | 不…对,但我还没来得及讲话 |
[09:01] | …I accidentally hit the thing… | 因为…我不小心撞到…东西 |
[09:05] | …so, you know, it hung up. So, yes. | 所以挂断了,没错,是我打的 |
[09:11] | And I… | 我听到娜塔莎的声音 |
[09:12] | …I heard Natasha, so, apologize to her. | 替我向她道个歉 |
[09:18] | How is Natasha? | 娜塔莎好吗? |
[09:23] | Great. She’s great. | 她很好 |
[09:28] | How are you? | -你好吗 |
[09:30] | I’m A-ok. | -我一切顺利 |
[09:33] | You sound a little nuts. | -你的语气听起来傻呼呼的 |
[09:35] | Can’t you let one go by? | -拜托,你不能放过我一次吗 |
[09:38] | This is weird. | -这很怪,分手后第一次联络 |
[09:40] | The first call. Right. | -没错 |
[09:43] | Maybe I’d… | 也许我照着准备的讲稿念 |
[09:44] | …do better if I went with my little prepared speech. | 会好一点 |
[09:48] | You have a speech? | 你有讲稿? |
[09:52] | I was wondering what you thought of… | 我在想… |
[09:56] | …instead of pretending each other doesn’t exist… | 不知道你觉得… 别再假装彼此不存在 |
[09:59] | …we try to be friends or something? | 我们试着做朋友如何? |
[10:05] | I’d like that. | 我很乐意 |
[10:08] | I’ve been meaning to call, but I didn’t know lf you wanted to hear from me– | 我本来要打给你 但我不知道你想不想接我电话 |
[10:12] | -Want to have a lunch or something? -Let’s. | -你愿意一起吃午餐吗? |
[10:20] | Thank you. | -我们一起吃午餐吧 |
[10:22] | I have a 1:00 reservation. Bradshaw. | 我订了一点的位子,布雷萧 |
[10:25] | I used to make our lunch reservations in Big’s name. | 以前我习惯报大人物的名字 |
[10:27] | But today, I put It in mine, because that’s what friends do. | 但今天我用自己的名字订位 |
[10:31] | The other party is already here. | 这是朋友的做法 |
[10:34] | Thank you. | 另一位已经到了 |
[10:45] | Are you hungry? Because I am. | 你饿了吗?我很饿 |
[10:47] | I got up at 6:00, worked out, hardly had any breakfast. | 我六点就起床,几乎没吃早餐 |
[10:51] | They have a great Cobb salad here. | 这里的玉米沙拉很棒 |
[10:53] | Shall we eat? | -你说呢?可以吃饭了吗? |
[10:55] | -Let’s eat. -We’ll eat. | -我们吃饭吧 |
[10:57] | And that’s when I realized, Big was nervous. | 我那时发现到:大人物很紧张 |
[11:00] | It was odd. The new ”friend” part of me felt incredibly compassionate… | 奇怪的是,身为新朋友 这部分的我觉得非常同情 |
[11:03] | …while the old ”girlfriend” part of me felt incredibly smug. | 但过去当女朋友那部分的我 却觉得沾沾自喜 |
[11:08] | -You okay? -Fine. | -你还好吧? -没事 |
[11:20] | You look good. | -你看起来气色很好 |
[11:21] | Thank you, so do you. | -谢谢,你也是 |
[11:23] | Good afternoon. | 午安 |
[11:26] | The Cobb salad is very good here. | -这儿的玉米沙拉很好吃 |
[11:29] | Can I get you something to drink? | -请问需要什么饮料? |
[11:31] | Iced tea. | -冰茶 |
[11:33] | A mineral water. | -矿泉水 |
[11:36] | -Scotch. -Cosmopolitan. | -威士忌 -柯梦波丹 |
[11:42] | An hour later, I had solved the unsolvable friendship equation. | 一小时后 我已解开了无解的友谊方程式 |
[11:46] | It seems the answer Is this.: | 答案似乎是… |
[11:48] | Cosmopolitans plus scotch equals friendship with an ex. | 柯梦波丹加上威士忌 等于和前男友的友谊 |
[11:55] | And what about your music? | -老天 -还有你的音乐 |
[11:57] | If I had to listen to freakin’ Blood, Sweat & Tears one more time…. | 我终于不必再听 |
[12:02] | -Blood, Sweat & Tears is great stuff. -10 minutes after we’re awake? | “血汗泪合唱团”了 -他们的音乐很棒 |
[12:12] | Tell me about the girl. | -起床后十分钟听那种东西? 好了…跟我说说你女朋友的事 |
[12:17] | -Really? -Friends talk about their relationships. | -真的? |
[12:20] | Go ahead, friend, tell me about the girl. | -朋友之间会谈论感情生活 说吧,朋友 |
[12:30] | -She’s very sweet– -okay, enough! | 谈谈你女朋友的事 她很温柔… |
[12:32] | Don’t tell me about the girl. No can do. | 够了,别跟我说她的事 我听不下去 |
[12:36] | Maybe we should make a pact: | 我们订个协议吧 |
[12:38] | We don’t talk about our relationships until they get really serious. | 除非是很认真的感情 否则我们不跟对方说 凯莉… |
[12:51] | It is serious. | 这次是认真的 |
[12:57] | We’re engaged. | 我们订婚了 |
[13:00] | I wanted you to hear it from me. | 我希望由我亲口告诉你 |
[13:05] | I just got a splitting headache. | -我现在头痛欲裂 |
[13:08] | I didn’t know how to tell you…. | -我不知道该怎么告诉你 |
[13:12] | -When you called for lunch– -Engaged? | -当你打来时… -订婚? |
[13:15] | How can you be engaged? You have a problem with commitment, remember? | 你怎么可能订婚? 你这个人恐惧承诺,记得吗? |
[13:20] | In fact, you told me you never wanted to get married again, ever. | 事实上 |
[13:26] | Things change. | 你跟我说你再也不想结婚了 |
[13:27] | You just didn’t want to marry me. | -事情会改变 -你只是不想娶我? |
[13:29] | -Natasha and l– -Don’t say her name! | -听着,娜塔莎和我… |
[13:31] | Don’t you dare say her name to me! | -别在我面前提她的名字 |
[13:34] | You string me along for two years… | 你玩弄了我两年 |
[13:36] | …then you marry some 25-year-old girl after only five months? | 然后才过五个月 你就要娶一个25岁的女人 |
[13:41] | -I did not string you along. -Fine, you didn’t. | -我没有玩弄你 |
[13:44] | You know what? I have to go. I have a headache. | -随便,好,你没有 我要走了,我头很痛 |
[13:48] | -Are you okay? -I’m fine. | -你没事吧? -我很好 |
[13:50] | Don’t help me! Don’t you help me! | 别碰我,不要你帮忙 |
[13:55] | Carrie, hold on, wait. | -凯莉,等一下,别走 |
[13:56] | What is it? | -你还想干嘛? |
[13:59] | -Don’t end it like this– -You did it like this. I was being friendly. | -别这样离去 -是你造成的 |
[14:03] | This seems like a much better way to end things. | 我想保持友谊 但这种结束方式似乎好得多 |
[14:06] | Go. Be engaged, get married to… | 去吧,尽管订婚,跟那个叫… |
[14:09] | …Nijinsky or whatever her name is. Have a nice life. | 娜金斯基还是什么的女人结婚 |
[14:12] | Don’t worry about me, I’m fine. | 不用管我,我好得很 |
[14:17] | These steps are very dangerous. | 这些阶梯很危险 |
[14:25] | The next day, I had promised to hold Charlotte’s hand while she tried rlding. | 隔天,我答应夏绿蒂 在她尝试骑马时要陪着她 |
[14:29] | It turned out, she needed to hold mine as well. | -我也需要她的支持 |
[14:32] | How are you doing? | -你还好吗? |
[14:34] | Aside from the fact that my ex is engaged to a teenager… | 除了我前男友 跟一个年轻小妞订婚 |
[14:37] | …and I’ve got horseshit on my goddamn $300 shoes… | 而我价值三百块的鞋子 沾到马粪? |
[14:42] | …I’m doing okay. | 我很好 |
[14:44] | I think you’re amazing. | 我觉得你很坚强 |
[14:45] | I would be in a hospital or something. | 换做是我可能已进了医院 |
[14:48] | What the fuck is his problem? | -它到底有什么毛病? |
[14:50] | He’s got a stubborn streak. | -它只是性情倔强 |
[14:53] | Some horses never really like to be ridden. | 有些马不喜欢被骑 |
[14:55] | Taddy was like that when I first got him, but once I broke him in, he loved it. | 泰迪一开始也是这样 但它一旦被我驯服就很温驯 |
[15:00] | You know what? | 你知道吗?我驯服了大人物 |
[15:01] | I broke in Big. | |
[15:03] | I broke him in and the idiot Stick Figure With No Soul gets to ride him. | 现在那缺少灵魂的空洞白痴 |
[15:10] | I’m really sorry. | 却坐享其成 凯莉,我真的很难过 |
[15:11] | I know you are. Thanks. | 我知道,亲爱的,谢了 |
[15:16] | Damn! | 该死,现实就是如此 |
[15:18] | You see, this is what happens. | 你试着跟前男友做朋友 |
[15:20] | You try to be friendly with an ex and you wind up knee-deep in shit! | 最后却弄得自己一身屎 |
[15:26] | Perfect. | 太好了 |
[15:37] | This is Pal. He’s a good boy. | 这是派尔,它很乖 |
[15:39] | He’s brown. | 它是棕色的,泰迪也是 |
[15:41] | Taddy was brown, but he had white spots on his flank. | 但它腹部有白色的斑点 |
[15:45] | Just stay till I’m on the horse, then you can go, okay? | 等我上马之后你就可以走了 好吗? |
[15:48] | I’m here, it’s all lovely. Go have fun. | 我会等你,在这里很愉快 去玩吧 |
[15:53] | Hey, Pal. | -派尔 |
[15:54] | Foot in and up you go. | -脚踩着马蹬然后上去 |
[15:56] | As Charlotte put her boot in the stirrup… | 当夏绿蒂把脚套进马蹬时 所有关于泰迪 |
[15:58] | …all her bad memories of Taddy, broken bones and ribbons flooded over her. | 摔断骨头以及痛失冠军的 可怕记忆全涌上心头 |
[16:05] | No! | 不行 |
[16:07] | Can’t. | 我做不到 |
[16:09] | -No, I can’t. Let’s go. -You just paid. | 不,我没办法,我们走吧 |
[16:12] | -I said, I can’t! -He’s all saddied up. | -我说我没办法 -它已经套上马鞍了 |
[16:18] | After a few ”get to know each other” phone calls… | 几通电话之后 |
[16:20] | …Samantha took up Mr. Cocky on his offer of a friendly drink. | 莎曼珊答应自大先生的邀约 出去喝一杯 |
[16:24] | Turns out, It was a very friendly drink. | 到最后已经超越朋友的界线 |
[16:28] | I want you to know, I never pick up guys on the street… | 我从来不在街上钓凯子 |
[16:32] | …unless they’re very cute. | 除非他们非常迷人 |
[16:34] | Get over here, you cutie. | 过来吧,你这迷人的家伙 |
[16:38] | Before we go any further… | 在我们更进一步之前 |
[16:40] | …I gotta warn you about something. | 我得警告你一件事 |
[16:43] | Warn me about what? | 什么事? |
[16:46] | I’m very well-endowed. | -我本钱很雄厚 |
[16:49] | Jackpot. | -中头奖了 |
[16:51] | No. I’m serious. | 我是说真的 |
[16:55] | It’s huge. | 它很大 |
[16:59] | Most women can’t handle it. | 大多数的女人无法接受 |
[17:01] | I’m not most women. | 我不是大多数的女人 |
[17:05] | Unzip and get over here. | 拉下拉练…过来吧 |
[17:12] | Samantha suddenly understood what made Mr. Cocky so cocky. | 莎曼珊突然明白 为什么自大先生会如此骄傲了 |
[17:25] | I’m telling you, it was like a wall of flesh coming at me. | 那仿佛整面肉墙向我直扑而来 |
[17:28] | Nothing is scarier than a really big one coming at you. | 没什么比一根大棒子 冲向你更可怕 |
[17:31] | I didn’t even want my mouth near it, I was afraid I’d get lockjaw. | 我的嘴巴根本不想靠近它 我怕会肌肉痉挛 |
[17:35] | It was quite a shock. His hands are relatively tiny. | 我真的很吃惊,他的手算小的 |
[17:38] | -Don’t tell me you believe that. -Not anymore. | -别告诉我你信那一套? -现在不信了 |
[17:42] | I’m going to have to psych myself up before I try it again. | 再试一次前我得为自己打打气 |
[17:45] | You’re going to try it again? Why? | -你还要再试一次?为什么? |
[17:48] | -Because it’s there. -It’s a penis, not Mount Everest. | -因为它就在那里 |
[17:51] | If it was Mount Everest… | -只是命根子不是埃佛勒斯峰 -如果它是埃佛勒斯峰 |
[17:53] | …Last night I could only make it to Base Camp one. | 昨晚我才刚登上基地营呢 |
[17:57] | You dated Mr. Big, I’m dating Mr. Too Big. | 之前你和大人物交往 现在我和“超大人物”约会 |
[18:01] | You’re unbelievable. | 真是难以置信 |
[18:03] | You broke up with James because he was too small, this guy is too big. | 你因詹姆斯尺寸太小和他分手 |
[18:07] | Who are you, Goldicocks? | 现在这个又太大 你是谁?性爱女神吗? |
[18:09] | Yep. | 我理想中的对象要刚刚好 |
[18:10] | I’m looking for one that’s just right. | |
[18:14] | That night, after a friendly dinner… | 当晚,一顿友好的晚餐后 |
[18:16] | …Steve and Miranda began to explore their newfound friendship. | 史蒂夫和米兰达 开始探索他们的新友谊 |
[18:19] | If you were a real friend, you’d let me keep it. | 如果你真的是朋友 你会让我留着它 |
[18:22] | Sorry, it’s part of a break-up. You gotta return my fire department shirt. | 你得把我消防队的T恤还给我 |
[18:26] | -It fits me perfectly. -Tell it to the judge. | -我穿非常合身 -去跟法官说吧 |
[18:29] | -Please? -Nope. | -拜托? -不行 |
[18:35] | Thanks for coming out for dinner. | -谢谢你答应出来吃晚餐 |
[18:37] | Thanks for letting me pay, finally. | -谢谢你…终于肯让我付钱 |
[18:39] | That’s what friends do, isn’t it? | 朋友是这样的,不是吗? |
[18:45] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[18:49] | That’s what friends do, isn’t it? | 对,朋友是这样的,不是吗? |
[18:55] | I got another question for you. | 我还有一个问题要问你 |
[19:00] | Do friends kiss… | 朋友会亲… |
[19:04] | …here? | 这里吗? |
[19:07] | No. | 不会 |
[19:12] | Do friends kiss here? | 朋友会亲这里吗? |
[19:19] | No. | 不会 |
[19:25] | Do friends kiss…. | 那朋友会亲… |
[19:29] | Yeah. | 会 |
[19:58] | We had good reasons for breaking up, right? | 我们分手有很好的理由对吧? |
[20:00] | Yeah. | 没错,金钱、未来计划、目标 |
[20:02] | Money, schedules, goals. | |
[20:06] | Good reasons. | 好理由 |
[20:11] | What now? | 那现在呢? |
[20:14] | Are we still just friends? | -我们仍只是朋友吗? |
[20:16] | Yeah, we’re still just friends. | -对,我们仍只是朋友 |
[20:20] | Friends who have sex. | 会上床的朋友 |
[20:41] | And in a bed across town…. | 在这城市的另一头… |
[20:43] | Ready? | -准备好了吗? |
[20:45] | Wait. | -等等 |
[20:48] | Wait. | 等等 |
[20:49] | After two yoga classes and a hIt of the best Hawalian gold she could find… | 上完两堂进阶瑜珈课 以及抽了她所能找到最棒的烟 |
[20:54] | …Samantha was ready to take another run at Mount Everest. | 莎曼珊准备好 |
[20:58] | okay, here we go. | 再次挑战埃佛勒斯峰 来吧 |
[21:03] | Nice and easy. | 慢慢来 |
[21:14] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[21:18] | Easy– | 慢慢来… |
[21:20] | Easy. | 轻一点 |
[21:26] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:30] | Good. | 太棒了 |
[21:32] | okay, here we go. | 要开始了 |
[21:36] | Here we go? | 要开始了? |
[21:38] | Yeah. We’re not there yet? | 你是说你还没进去? |
[21:41] | -No. -okay, stop. | -还没 -停下来 |
[21:44] | Whoa, boy. | 老天 |
[21:50] | Can we just be friends? | 我们能不能只当朋友就好? |
[21:56] | And just like that, Samantha made her very first male friend. | 就这样,莎曼珊交了生平 第一个男性朋友 |
[22:03] | The next day in Central Park, Charlotte was making a new friend as well. | 隔天在中央公园 |
[22:09] | Good, Pal. | 夏绿蒂也在交朋友 |
[22:10] | She had decided she and Pal were moving too fast. | 她觉得她和派尔进展太快了 |
[22:13] | Before going any further, they needed to get to know each other better. | 他们应该把步调放慢 多认识彼此 |
[22:19] | You’re a good boy, Pal. | 你很乖,派尔,那样舒服吗? |
[22:22] | Does that feel good? | |
[22:24] | You like that? My Taddy liked that, too. | 你喜欢吗?我的泰迪也很喜欢 |
[22:28] | I loved my Taddy so much. | 我好爱我的泰迪,好马儿 |
[22:32] | oh, good boy. | |
[22:33] | And with that gentle nudge from her new pal… | 她的新伙伴轻轻推了她一下 |
[22:36] | …all Charlotte’s bad feelings about Taddy lifted… | 使夏绿蒂对泰迪的反感消失了 |
[22:39] | …and she remembered just how much she had loved his cute white spots. | 她回想起过去 她曾经多爱它漂亮的白色斑点 |
[22:44] | Easy. | 放轻松… |
[22:47] | okay. Go, boy, go! | 走吧 |
[23:10] | Hey, It’s Carrie, I’m shoe shopping. | -我是凯莉,我出门买鞋了 |
[23:12] | It’s me, are you there? | -是我,你在家吗? |
[23:16] | Pick up if you’re there. | 如果你在家就接电话 |
[23:21] | You’re not there. | 你不在家 |
[23:27] | I’m calling to say I feel bad about last week. | 我打来是想说 上星期的事我觉得很抱歉 |
[23:36] | I didn’t mean for it to happen like that… | 我不是有意造成那种局面 |
[23:41] | …I thought you needed to know. | 你必须知道这件事 |
[23:44] | I hated to think someone else might tell you. | 而我不想让别人告诉你 |
[23:47] | Chrlst. | 老天,我觉得自己很混帐 |
[23:49] | I feel like a real shit. I’m sorry. | 对不起,我真的很抱歉 |
[23:52] | I’m really sorry… …I would never hurt you deliberately– | 你知道我绝不会故意伤害你 |
[23:59] | I know you wouldn’t. | 我知道你不会 |
[24:02] | -You’re there? -I’m here. | -原来你在家? |
[24:12] | Like I was saying, I’m sorry. | -对,我在家 |
[24:14] | I’m sorry, too. | -那…就像我说的,我很抱歉 -我也很抱歉 |
[24:17] | I shouldn’t have reacted like that. | 我不该有那么大反应 我只是… |
[24:21] | It was such a shock. | 这消息让我很震惊 |
[24:26] | I guess it was a shock I needed to hear to move on. | 我想这是必要的打击 好让我继续往前走 |
[24:33] | Yeah. | 是 |
[24:38] | I wish you all the best. I do. | 我衷心祝福你,真的 |
[24:41] | I hope you and Natasha will be very happy. | 我希望你和娜塔莎过得很幸福 |
[24:45] | Do you mean that? | -那是真心话吗? |
[24:46] | No. | -不是 |
[24:49] | But I will. | 但我会的,真的,我希望… |
[24:51] | Really. I hope… | |
[24:55] | …some day very soon… | 将来有一天,很快… |
[24:57] | …we can all meet for a drink and be great friends. | 我们大家能一起出来喝东西 当好朋友 |
[25:03] | Llke they do in the movies. | 就像电影里演的那样 那么… |
[25:09] | Bye. | 再见了 |
[25:13] | Bye. | 再见 |
[25:27] | And I actually managed to hold onto those friendly feelings, until…. | 事实上,我真的打算 维持那份友好的感觉,直到… (我们订婚了) |
[25:52] | I can’t believe my ex-boyfriend is at the Plaza… | 我不敢相信我的前男友 现在正在六条街外的饭店 |
[25:56] | …having an engagement brunch. | 举行订婚宴 |
[25:58] | And he had the nerve to invite you. | 我不敢相信他竟然有脸邀请你 |
[26:00] | It’s my own fault. | 那是我的错,是我自己 |
[26:02] | I had to make the big ”Iet’s be friends” speech. | 要对他发表“友好宣言” |
[26:06] | Who am I kidding? Big and I were never friends, we were… | 我在开什么玩笑?我们从来 |
[26:09] | …something else. | 都不是朋友,我们是其他关系 |
[26:11] | Something that did not end with an engagement party at the Plaza. | 显然是那种最后不会在饭店 举行订婚派对的关系 |
[26:15] | -Do we want another round? -What do you think? | 还要再一轮饮料吗? |
[26:17] | Four more, please. | 麻烦再来四杯 |
[26:19] | I think I can actually feel them over there eating shrimp. | 我想我可以感觉到 他们正在那边吃虾子 |
[26:24] | It’s just–why her? | 只是…为什么是她? |
[26:27] | I mean really…. | 说真的,为什么是她? |
[26:29] | Why her? | |
[26:31] | one word: Hubbell. | -一句话:赫伯 |
[26:33] | Hubbell. | -赫伯 |
[26:35] | oh, my god. Hubbell. | 我的天,赫伯 |
[26:38] | It is so Hubbell. | 没错,真的好赫伯 |
[26:40] | Who’s Hubbell? | -谁是赫伯? |
[26:41] | Hubbell! | -赫伯 |
[26:43] | Robert ”Hubbell” Redford in The Way We Were. | 劳勃瑞福在“往日情怀”中 饰演的赫伯 |
[26:45] | I love that movie. | -我好爱那部电影 |
[26:47] | I love, love, love, that movie. | -我超…超爱那部电影 |
[26:50] | -Never saw it. -oh, my god! | -没看过 -我的天 |
[26:53] | What are you, an alien? How could you have not seen it? | 你怎么可能没看过 “往日情怀”? |
[26:55] | Chick film. | 少女看的片子 |
[26:57] | Robert Redford is madly in love with Barbara Streisand. | 劳勃瑞福疯狂地爱着 芭芭拉史翠珊 |
[27:01] | -Katie. -K-k-k-katie. | -凯蒂 -凯…凯蒂 |
[27:03] | K-k-k-katie, right! | 凯…凯蒂,没错 |
[27:04] | But he can’t be with her because she’s too complicated… | 但他不能跟她在一起 因为她太复杂了 |
[27:08] | …and she has wild, curly hair. | 而且还有一头狂野的卷发 |
[27:10] | Hello? C-c-c-curly. | 卷…卷发 |
[27:12] | He leaves her and marries this… | 所以他离开她 |
[27:15] | …simple girl with straight hair. | 娶了一个直发的单纯女孩 |
[27:17] | Ladies, I am having an epiphany. | 我突然有所领悟 |
[27:19] | The world is made of two types of women: | 这世界只有两种类型的女人 |
[27:22] | The ”simple” girls and the ”Katie” girls. | 单纯型和凯蒂型 |
[27:25] | I’m a ”Katie” girl and where are our drinks? | 我就是凯蒂型 饮料到底送来了没? |
[27:28] | I always cry at the last scene in that movie… | 我每次看那部电影的 最后一幕都会哭 |
[27:32] | -…when she sees him with his new wife– -The simple girl. | 当她在旅馆前 看见他和他新婚妻子 |
[27:36] | -And she reaches up– -And smoothes his hair away. | 那单纯女孩 -她抬起手… -拨开他的头发 |
[27:39] | She says to him: | 对他说 |
[27:41] | ”Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.” | “你太太很漂亮,赫伯” |
[27:43] | Then the music comes in. | 然后音乐进来了 |
[27:46] | ”Memories” | -(回忆…) |
[27:47] | oh my, God, it’s so good. | -我的天,真好听 |
[27:48] | ”Light the corners of my mind | (像是我遥远心境的一角) |
[27:51] | ”Misty water-colored memories | (往日情怀的…) |
[27:55] | ”of the way we were” | (模糊记忆) |
[27:57] | Let me do my favorite part. | 我最爱的部分让我来 |
[27:59] | -”Can it be” -Yes! | (是否…) |
[28:02] | ”Can it be that it was all so simple then | (是否当时一切都太单纯?) |
[28:06] | ”or has time re-written every line? | (或者时光改写了每行诗?) |
[28:10] | ”If we had the chance to do it all again | (如果我们有机会重来) |
[28:15] | ”Tell me | (告诉我,会有结果吗?) |
[28:16] | ”Would we? | |
[28:18] | ”Could we? | (可能吗?) |
[28:20] | ”Memories” | |
[28:23] | I miss James. | 我想念詹姆斯 |
[28:26] | Excuse me? | 你说什么? |
[28:29] | After I left my friends, I found myself pulled to the site of the engagement party. | 和朋友们散会后,我发现自己 不由自主往订婚派对的 地点走去 |
[28:34] | I had no intention of going in, but It was on my way home. | 我并不想进去 但那在我回家的路上 |
[28:49] | one second. | 等我一会 |
[28:52] | I had a choice. | 我有个选择 |
[28:54] | I could run or I could stand and ask him the question… | 我可以跑走,或问他一个… |
[28:57] | …that lf I didn’t ask, would haunt me the rest of my life. | 如果不问 会困扰我一辈子的问题 |
[29:01] | I thought by the time I got here, I’d know what to say. | 我以为在我到达之前 我就会知道该说什么 |
[29:05] | And? | 然后呢? |
[29:08] | You’re late. The party’s over. | 你迟到了,派对结束了 |
[29:12] | I’ll say it is. | 我想是吧 |
[29:16] | Funny. | 有意思 |
[29:18] | I was just on my way home and…. | 我只是回家时顺路经过 |
[29:24] | I have a question for you. | 我有个问题要问你 |
[29:27] | Why wasn’t it me? | 为什么不是我? |
[29:29] | -Carrie– -No, seriously. | 不,我是认真的 |
[29:31] | I really need to hear you say it. | 我真的需要听你亲口说 |
[29:35] | Come on, be a friend. | 拜托,我们是朋友 |
[29:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:43] | It just got so hard… | 就是很难 |
[29:46] | …and she’s…. | -而她… |
[29:49] | Yeah. | -是 |
[30:03] | ”Your girl is lovely, Hubbell.” | 你太太很漂亮,赫伯 |
[30:07] | I don’t get it. | -我不明白 |
[30:10] | And you never did. | -你永远也不会明白 |
[30:19] | Easy, girl. | 别激动 |
[30:31] | Then I had a thought, maybe I didn’t break Big. | 那时我想到 也许我并未驯服大人物 |
[30:35] | Maybe the problem was he couldn’t break me. | 也许问题在于他无法驯服我 |
[30:39] | Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. | 也许有些女人注定不该被驾驭 |
[30:42] | Maybe they need to run free until they find someone… | 也许她们需要自由奔驰 直到她们找到… |
[30:46] | …just as wild to run with. | 性情相投的伴侣一起同行 |