时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | I had been dating politician bill kelley | 我已经跟从政的比尔凯利 |
[00:49] | for three weeks. | 约会了三个礼拜 |
[00:51] | SinCe most of our time was spent campaigning, I dressed the part. | 既然大半时间都用在竞选活动 我的穿着也配合场合 |
[00:56] | I found some vintage halston | 我挖出一些赫斯顿名牌服饰 |
[00:58] | and did a spin on jackie kennedy. | 打扮得像早期的贾姬甘迪 |
[01:00] | The early years. | |
[01:09] | Who here knows | 谁知道市审计官做些什么事? |
[01:11] | what a city comptroller does? | |
[01:14] | You do? | 你们都知道? |
[01:16] | We made a good match. | 我们配合得天衣无缝 |
[01:18] | I was adept at fashion, he at politics. | 我擅长时尚,他专攻政治 |
[01:21] | This city’s populace’s passion, | 各位市民,你们对家园的 |
[01:24] | Iove and devotion to their home… | 热情、挚爱和奉献… |
[01:26] | Really, they’re both about recycling ideas | 两者都是关于重新回收旧观念 |
[01:29] | and making them seem fresh and inspiring. | 并让它们显得新鲜且鼓舞人心 |
[01:33] | It is this love affair, this symbiotic relationship between citizens and city, | 这种市民和都市间 独特、共生的关系 |
[01:39] | that I promise to cherish and protect. | 就是我承诺要珍惜和保护的 |
[01:42] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:45] | Great guy! | 他很棒 |
[01:46] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[01:58] | Can we talk about proposition 114? | 我们可以谈谈114号提案吗? |
[02:00] | – what is that? – you and me in the bedroom. | -是什么? -你和我一起进房间 |
[02:04] | – is that on the ballot? – it ought to be. i’d back it. | -选票上有这一条吗? -应该有,我会支持的 |
[02:09] | And that’s whatever position you want. | 你想要什么姿势都行 |
[02:13] | WhiCh way is the bedroom? | 卧室往哪个方向? |
[02:17] | Put me down. | 放我下来 |
[02:26] | That was the night I had my political ConsCiousness raised. | 当晚我的政治意识被唤起了 |
[02:32] | How about a movie wednesday night? | 礼拜三晚上看电影怎么样? |
[02:34] | Wednesday? i’m not sure. I might be working. | 礼拜三?我不确定 我可能要工作 |
[02:37] | Thursday, then. | 那就礼拜四 |
[02:39] | ok, maybe thursday. i’ll see. | 好吧,或许礼拜四 我再看情况 |
[02:42] | Do you have plans? | 你有计划吗? |
[02:45] | Steve, you can’t just assume i’m gonna be free every night. | 史蒂夫,你不能假设 我每天晚上都有空 |
[02:50] | Is it a date? | 是约会吗? |
[02:53] | It could be a date, so I wouldn’t necessarily share that with you. | 有可能,我不一定要跟你说 |
[02:58] | – i’d like to know. who are you dating? – nobody in particular. | -我想知道,你跟谁约会? -没有特定的对象 |
[03:03] | – anybody specific? – is this the third degree? | -有具体人选吗? -这是逼供吗? |
[03:06] | I’m trying to figure out when I get to see you again. | 我想知道什么时候能再见到你 |
[03:10] | I’m not dating anyone else. | 我没有跟其他人约会 |
[03:12] | I’m not planning on dating anyone else. | 也不打算跟其他人约会 |
[03:17] | – I just want to see you. – I see. | -我只想见你 -我懂了 |
[03:22] | ExClusively. | 独占你一人 |
[03:27] | I got it. | 我明白了 |
[03:29] | That’s very sweet. I just hadn’t thought about things that way. | 你这么说很窝心 只是我还没考虑这一点 |
[03:34] | – so, think about it. – ok. | -那么,考虑一下 -好的 |
[03:38] | BeCause I think if we really want to see if it can work between us, | 我认为如果我们真的想看看 彼此适不适合 |
[03:42] | this time we got to make the commitment to be exclusive. | 这次我们一定要承诺 专心和对方交往 |
[03:48] | ok. I hear you. | 好,我听见了 |
[03:53] | ok. | 好 |
[04:00] | The truth was, there were no other candidates in sight. | 事实上,目前并没有其他人选 |
[04:04] | But miranda wasn’t ready to let steve win by default. | 但米兰达不确定 她是否愿意让史蒂夫不战而胜 |
[04:09] | You’re dating a politician and you’re not even registered to vote. | 你和一个政治人物约会 但你甚至没去登记投票 |
[04:13] | – it’s the undecideds they’re after. – he’s good-looking, he’s got power… | -他们争取的正是游离选民 -他长得帅又有权力 |
[04:18] | It’s got to be a turn-on. | 这一定让人心神荡漾 |
[04:20] | Yeah, i’m dating a potential comptroller. it’s hot. | 是,我正和一个可能当选的 审计官约会,真令人兴奋 |
[04:25] | – I want to help out. – you’re not interested in politics? | -我想帮忙竞选 -你对政治又不感兴趣 |
[04:31] | It’s a great way to meet men. | 这是认识男人的好方法 |
[04:33] | With carrie, we can meet the inner CirCle and the interesting donors. | 有了凯莉,我们可以认识 核心人士以及有兴趣的捐款者 |
[04:37] | By interesting men she means single and rich. | 她指的是单身有钱的男人 |
[04:40] | – guys, he’s not running for president. – i’d vote for him. he’s cute. | -各位,他不是要竞选总统 -他该选,我会投他,他很帅 |
[04:45] | – so? – I always vote according to looks. | -所以呢? -我投票一向都是看外表 |
[04:50] | I base my decision on the swimsuit competition. | 我是根据泳装比赛而下决定 |
[04:53] | The country runs better with a good-looking man in charge | 白宫里有个英俊的男人当家 国家会运作得比较顺利 |
[04:57] | Look at nixon. no one wanted to fuck him, so he fucked everyone. | 拿尼克森来说,没人想搞他 所以他就搞大家 |
[05:02] | – I had a crush on dan quayle. – we need a president in a hat. | -我迷恋丹奎尔 -我们需要戴帽子的总统 |
[05:05] | No one wears a hat anymore. FDR, good president, wore a hat. | 现在没人戴帽子了 罗斯福是个戴帽子的好总统 |
[05:11] | So busy picking a hat, he forgot to get in the war. | 因为忙着挑选帽子 他忘了参战 |
[05:15] | – I had a crush on dan quayle. – we tried to ignore that the first time. | -我迷恋丹奎尔 -刚才我们试图忽略这句话 |
[05:20] | It was his crisp, white shirts. | 他干净俐落的白衬衫 |
[05:22] | – reminded me of my father. – so, you were voting for your father. | -让我想起我爸 -所以基本上你是投票给你爸 |
[05:26] | There was something homoerotic about quayle and bush. | 传说奎尔和布希有同性恋关系 |
[05:30] | – very batman and robin. – based strictly on looks, | -就像蝙蝠侠和罗宾的翻版 -根据书上所言 |
[05:34] | – no one was cuter than JFK. – or quicker to jump in the sack. | -没人比约翰甘迪更英俊 -或是更快下台 |
[05:39] | I’m glad you three weren’t around during the original 13 colonies. | 我很高兴最初13州的时期 你们不在场 |
[05:42] | I don’t think our founding fathers were very fuckable. | 我认为我们的开国元老 没什么吸引力 |
[05:46] | I heard that thomas jefferson was a real fox. | 我听说汤玛斯杰佛逊很有魅力 |
[05:50] | There we were. just four girls talking politics. | 这就是四个女人 谈论政治的情况 |
[05:54] | Meanwhile, miranda was facing a day at the polls earlier than she expected. | 同时,做决定的日子 比米兰达预期得要早来临 |
[05:58] | Last night as we were walking home, steve asked me to go steady. | 昨晚我们散步回家时 史蒂夫要求我和他稳定交往 |
[06:02] | How sweet. they still call it that? | 真甜蜜,仍是这么说的吗? |
[06:05] | I don’t know if I can make that commitment. | 我不知道自己能否做出那承诺 |
[06:07] | How many other guys are you dating? | 你现在和几个男人约会? |
[06:09] | That’s not the point. i’m so ambivalent about steve and moving forward. | 这不是重点,我对和史蒂夫 进一步交往非常矛盾 |
[06:13] | You did let him back in your life. there must be something there. | 你确实让他重返你的生活 一定有什么原因 |
[06:18] | There’s plenty there. flaws that make me not want to stick my neck out. | 有很多原因 那些让我不想答应的缺点 |
[06:22] | But there’s great stuff too. | 但是也有很多优点 |
[06:24] | Maybe I should be honest and tell him what I really feel which is: | 或许我该诚实告诉他 我真正的想法 |
[06:28] | what if somebody better comes along? | 万一更好的对象出现怎么办? |
[06:30] | You gotta put a better spin on it than that. | 你最好肯定这一点 |
[06:33] | You see…that’s my problem. | 瞧…这就是我的问题 |
[06:35] | I don’t know how to be political in relationships. | 我不懂如何在感情中 耍政治手腕 |
[06:39] | It’s time for the list. things you like about him. things you don’t like. | 该搬出老套的列表法了 写出你喜欢和不喜欢他的地方 |
[06:44] | – see which is longer. – that’s so judgmental. | -看哪一个比较长 -那太武断了 |
[06:47] | You are judgmental. put it to good use. | 你本来就很武断 把它用在好的方面 |
[06:51] | ok, fine. i’ll make a list. | 好吧,我会列一张表 |
[06:56] | PolitiCs were always as relevant to me as a new EriCa jong novel. | 政治似乎和艾瑞卡张的 新小说一样,向来与我无关 |
[07:00] | But I did find it interesting that a discussion about politics | 但我发现一个有趣的现象 关于政治的讨论 |
[07:03] | ultimately became a discussion about sex. | 最后会变成性的讨论 |
[07:06] | And a discussion about sex became a question of politics. | 而性的讨论 最后会变成政治的问题 |
[07:11] | WhiCh led me to wonder, if the two were inextricably linked, and if so… | 这让我纳闷,如果两个人 真的难分难舍,若是如此… |
[07:17] | Can there be sex without politics? | 有不含政治的性吗? |
[07:21] | That night, samantha discovered her own hot, new candidate. | 当晚莎曼珊发现性感的新对象 |
[07:24] | Hey, pink lady. can I buy that for you? | 红粉佳人,这一杯我请客好吗 |
[07:27] | Maybe, if you promise never to use a lame line like that again. | 也许,如果你答应 再也不用那种拙劣的台词 |
[07:31] | It worked didn’t it? jeff fenton. | 它成功了不是吗? 我叫杰夫芬顿 |
[07:34] | Samantha jones. | 我叫莎曼珊琼斯 |
[07:35] | You are damn attractive. and that is not a line. | 你真是妩媚动人 这可不是台词 |
[07:38] | How long have you been sitting here? | 你坐在这里多久了? |
[07:41] | – my first drink. – so, you’re just naturally forward? | -我才喝第一杯 -所以你是天生放肆? |
[07:43] | I’m aggressive. I run a successful hedge fund. | 我很积极 我经营一个成功的投资集团 |
[07:46] | My life is about CalCulating risks. | 每天都在计算风险 |
[07:49] | Telling a beautiful lady she’s attractive is the safest bet i’ve made all day. | 告诉一个美女她很迷人 是我一整天最安全的赌注 |
[07:54] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:56] | – you like to ski? – I love it. | -你喜欢滑雪吗? -我爱死了 |
[07:58] | We have a house in sun valley. how long have you been skiing? | 我们公司在太阳谷有间别墅 你滑雪多久了? |
[08:02] | – on and off for years. – I can tell. you’ve got the legs for it. | -断断续续地滑了好几年 |
[08:08] | Got to run back to the office. | -看得出来,你的美腿很适合 该死,我得回办公室了 |
[08:10] | How about dinner this week? | 这礼拜一起吃顿饭如何? |
[08:12] | I told you all about me but I didn’t hear about you. | 我跟你说了很多关于我的事 但却没听到你谈自己 |
[08:16] | Samantha never felt better. there were gorgeous women | 莎曼珊从没这么得意过 |
[08:19] | sitting on either side and jeff had elected her. | 附近坐着那么多漂亮女人 而杰夫看上了她 |
[08:22] | Fenton partners. | 芬顿企业 |
[08:23] | That’s right. we’re up 320 % for the year. | 没错 我们今年业绩成长了320% |
[08:28] | Samantha jones. public relations. very nice. | 莎曼珊琼斯,公关公司 很不错 |
[08:31] | You must do well. who’s gonna say no to you? | 你的工作表现一定很出色 谁会拒绝你? |
[08:35] | – what about dinner? friday night? – I think that might work. | -礼拜五晚上一起吃晚餐? -我想应该可以 |
[08:39] | Just as her self-esteem was soaring right off the Charts… | 正当她的自负高涨到极点时… |
[08:43] | NiCe to meet you, pink lady. i’ll give you a call. | 很高兴认识你,红粉佳人 我会跟你联络 |
[08:48] | Bye. | 再见 |
[08:55] | Later that week, | 几天之后 |
[08:56] | I brought ”the single ladies coalition to elect bill kelley” to a fundraiser. | 我带着“支持比尔凯利的单身 女子联盟”去参加募款餐会 |
[09:00] | What is the height difference between a short person and a little person? | 矮个子和小个子的 身高差距是多少? |
[09:04] | – A little person? – A midget. | -小个子? -侏儒 |
[09:06] | – A midget or a dwarf? – what’s the difference? | -侏儒还是矮子? -有何不同? |
[09:09] | Little person is the proper way to refer to an aduit under 5 feet. | 五英尺以下的成人 用小个子来形容比较适当 |
[09:14] | I agreed to go on a date with a very short person. | 我答应跟一个非常矮的人约会 |
[09:17] | I didn’t realize he was so short. | 我不知道他那么矮 |
[09:19] | Sitting down he was proportional. standing, he barely clears my nipples. | 坐着时他的比例匀称 但站起来时勉强到我胸部 |
[09:24] | That may be the perfect height. | 那也许是完美的身高 |
[09:26] | I can’t CanCel just because he’s a munchkin. | 我不能因为他个子矮 就取消约会 |
[09:29] | This is a politically incorrect conversation for a political fundraiser. | 就政治募款餐会而言 这是个政治不正确的谈话 |
[09:32] | Less than five feet is unacceptable. | 任何低于五英尺的事物 都令人难以接受 |
[09:35] | I have to go mingle. there are a lot of cute guys here | 我得去交际一下 这里有很多帅哥 |
[09:38] | and these things never last beyond two martinis. | 他们不超过两杯马丁尼 就会被人抢走了 |
[09:41] | Charlotte was running her own campaign. | 夏绿蒂忙着推销自己 |
[09:43] | She wanted to be elected wife before the year was out. | 她决定在年底之前 把自己嫁出去 |
[09:48] | – there’s miranda. – give me that. | -米兰达来了 -给我 |
[09:51] | Hey, you made it. | 你赶来了 |
[09:54] | Tell me, why are we voting for this guy? | 告诉我 为何我们要选这家伙? |
[09:56] | He wants an investigation into the board of EduCation for waste, | 他想调查教育委员会 滥用和诈骗的情形 |
[10:02] | and he’s against large corporations wasting your tax dollars. | 而且他反对大型企业 浪费纳税人的钱 |
[10:06] | – i’m sleeping with him. – good enough for me. | -我跟他上床 -这样就够了 |
[10:09] | Come on, i’ll introduce you. | 来吧,我为你们介绍 |
[10:14] | Jesus christ, he talks more than I do. | 老天爷,他的话比我还多 |
[10:17] | This is the lovely miranda hobbes. and her friend steve brady. | 这位是可爱的米兰达霍布斯 以及她朋友史蒂夫布莱迪 |
[10:21] | – hi. – i’ve heard great things about you. | -你们好 -我已经久仰大名 |
[10:24] | You must be reading my clippings. I pay people a lot to say nice things. | 你一定是读了我的剪报 我付不少钱让人们说我好话 |
[10:29] | If you win, maybe you can fix a couple of parking tickets. | 如果你当选,或许可以帮我 解决几张违规停车罚单 |
[10:32] | I owe new york city $500. I figured I need the money more than they do. | 我欠纽约市五百元 我认为我比政府更需要钱 |
[10:37] | It’s a joke! come on, he knows i’m kidding. | 这是玩笑话 拜托,他知道我是开玩笑的 |
[10:43] | – i’ll get us a drink. NiCe meeting you. – NiCe meeting you. | -我去拿饮料,很高兴认识你 -幸会 |
[10:48] | ExCuse me. | 失陪了 |
[10:50] | The dumb jokes. con. | 蠢笑话,扣一分 |
[10:54] | Cute butt…pro. | 漂亮的屁股…加一分 |
[10:57] | I don’t believe in the RepubliCan party or DemoCratiC party. | 我不相信共和党或民主党 |
[11:01] | I just believe in parties. | 我只相信派对 |
[11:03] | Charlotte was stumping for her cause, and making new friends. | 穿过房间夏绿蒂正为她的理想 进行游说,顺便结交新朋友 |
[11:08] | I love LieChtenstein. but I loved comic books as a kid. | 我热爱普普艺术家李奇登斯坦 不过小时候我喜欢漫画书 |
[11:12] | But that’s great. his work is accessible on so many levels. | 那很棒,他的作品老少咸宜 |
[11:17] | Sweetheart, this is charlotte. she runs a gallery downtown. | 甜心,这位是夏绿蒂 她经营一家画廊 |
[11:21] | Charlotte, this is | 夏绿蒂,这是我未婚妻凯瑟琳 |
[11:24] | – hi. – NiCe to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[11:30] | – stanford! – hi. | -史丹佛 -嗨 |
[11:34] | I can only stay a few minutes, I have tickets to the ”vagina monologues”. | 我只能停留几分钟 我有舞台剧“阴道独语”的票 |
[11:37] | Why? | 怎么会? |
[11:38] | I don’t eat at the restaurant, but I can still hear the specials. | 我不爱女人 不代表我不能去看这类型的戏 |
[11:42] | – carrie, give me a sip of your drink. – this is my friend, stanford BlatCh. | -凯莉,你的酒借我喝一口 -这是我朋友史丹佛巴勒奇 |
[11:47] | – bill kelley. – I represent the queer vote. | -我是比尔凯利 -我代表男同性恋选票 |
[11:50] | If you can carry chelsea, you’ve got the city locked up. | 如果你可以获得切尔西区支持 那你就赢定了 |
[11:53] | I’m not worried about chelsea. have you seen my ass? | 我不担心切尔西区 你看到我的屁股了吗? |
[11:57] | Got my vote. | 我投你一票 |
[11:59] | – 12 o’clock. – ExCuse me. | -12点钟方向 -什么? |
[12:05] | – who’s that guy? – that’s his campaign manager. | -那个人是谁? -那是他的竞选干事 |
[12:09] | – fix me up. – how do you even know he’s gay? | -为我介绍 -你怎么知道他是同志? |
[12:13] | I’ve seen him rollerblading on 8th avenue. | 我在第八大道上 看过他溜直排轮 |
[12:16] | That’s enough. | 这就够了 |
[12:19] | Please? | 拜托? |
[12:21] | Great, now i’m a first lady and a pimp. | 好极了 现在我身兼第一夫人和皮条客 |
[12:29] | Hey, excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[12:32] | This is awkward, so feel free to stop me at any time, but… | 这很尴尬 所以尽管放心随时打断我… |
[12:37] | there’s a person here who would like to meet you. | 这里有一个人想要认识你 |
[12:40] | – ok. – A guy. | -好的 -一个男人 |
[12:45] | Keep going. | 说下去 |
[12:49] | It’s the guy right over there. | 是后面那个男人 |
[12:55] | You mean the blonde guy with the great arms. | 你是指手臂强壮的金发男子? |
[13:04] | ACtually, no. it’s the baid guy, with the great sense of humor. | 其实,不是的 是很有幽默感的秃头男子 |
[13:11] | – do you know the blonde guy? – no. | -你认识那个金发男子吗? -不认识 |
[13:14] | – he’s really much more my type. – ok. | -我比较喜欢他那一型的 -好 |
[13:18] | Well… go kelley. | 那…加油了 |
[13:23] | I wondered how to handle this political hot potato. | 我思考该怎么处理 这个政治烫手山芋 |
[13:28] | – he’s not gay. – I could have sworn he was. | -他不是同志 -我发誓他是 |
[13:33] | I realized I was getting good at politics. | 我发现我的政治手腕 越来越高明了 |
[13:36] | I’m just so at the place where i’m ready to settle down. | 我真的很想安顿下来 |
[13:40] | It seems like a miracle when two nice people like you can find each other. | 像你们两个这么好的人 能找到彼此似乎是个奇迹 |
[13:45] | We met in the most unusual way. | 我们相识的过程极不寻常 |
[13:48] | one of my girlfriends threw a party | 我一个朋友举办派对 |
[13:50] | where all the women brought a man they weren’t interested in. | 每个人都要带一个 她们不感兴趣的男人来参加 |
[13:54] | – somebody brought bob. – the rest is history. | -有人带鲍伯来 -其他的事都过去了 |
[13:58] | I love that! | 我喜欢这故事 |
[14:01] | one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure. | 一个女人的垃圾 却是另一个女人的珍宝 |
[14:06] | Bill raised $6,000 that night. | 当晚比尔募到六千元 |
[14:09] | It really got him in the mood. | 这让他心情大好 |
[14:11] | You know, you’re the first woman in ages i’ve felt this intimate with. | 你是长久以来第一个 和我这么亲密的女人 |
[14:16] | You’re so beautiful. so funny…you’re great. | 你非常漂亮、风趣…你棒呆了 |
[14:20] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | I love making love to you. | 我喜欢跟你做爱 |
[14:24] | The feeling is mutual. | 我也是 |
[14:27] | Is there anything you want or need that i’m not doing? | 有任何你想要 而我没做到的事吗? |
[14:30] | – no, it’s great. – ’cause I want to know. | -没有,一切都很棒 -因为我想知道 |
[14:32] | – I want to make you happy. – I am happy. | -我想让你快乐 -我很快乐 |
[14:36] | What about you? is there anything you want or need that i’m not doing? | 那你呢?有任何你想要 而我没做到的事吗? |
[14:40] | No. | 没有 |
[14:44] | – Well…maybe one thing. – what? | -也许有一件事 -什么? |
[14:47] | Well, I would love to get you in the shower. | 我想跟你一起淋浴 |
[14:53] | Get each other all fresh and clean. | 让彼此变得清新干净 |
[14:56] | That sounds nice. | 听起来不错 |
[14:58] | And then… i’d like you to pee on me. | 然后…我想要你在我身上撒尿 |
[15:07] | I would be worried. the pee could be foreplay. | 我要是你就会担心 小便可能是前戏 |
[15:11] | – my god! – where there’s smoke. | -我的天 -别那么紧张,我只是说说 |
[15:14] | It’s typical of men in power. they love to be dominated. humiliated. | 这是有权力的男人的典型 他们喜欢被支配和受屈辱 |
[15:18] | What did you say? | 你怎么回答他? |
[15:20] | I told him i’d just gone, maybe another time. | 我告诉他我刚上过厕所 也许下次吧 |
[15:23] | I can’t keep saying that forever. | 我不能一直用这个藉口 |
[15:26] | I peed on a guy once during sex, but it was an accident. | 我有一次尿在一个男人身上 但那是意外 |
[15:30] | – what did he say? – I don’t think he noticed. | -他怎么说? -我想他没注意到 |
[15:33] | I once had to stop eating meat for six months. | 有一次我还得半年不吃肉 |
[15:36] | So this is what it’s come down to… ready, set, pee? | 难道步骤就是… 准备、就位、尿? |
[15:41] | Sometimes with the right guy you have to make ConCessions. | 有时候遇到适合的男人 你必须做些让步 |
[15:45] | – there’s always gonna be something. – are you advocating that I do this? | -总是会有意想不到的发现 -你们赞成我这么做? |
[15:49] | Why not? he’s a great-looking political prince. | 有何不可? 他是个英俊的政治贵族 |
[15:51] | Sure, it’s practically a fairytale: ”the PrinCess and the pee”. | 没错,这几乎是个童话 “公主和撒尿王子” |
[15:57] | If you can’t work it out with bill, bring him to my party on friday. | 如果你觉得和比尔合不来 礼拜五带他来我的派对 |
[16:02] | Everyone is bringing a guy they’re no longer interested in. | 每个人都要带一个 她们不再感兴趣的男人 |
[16:05] | That’s a great idea, I can bring my short guy. | 那是个好点子 我可以带我的小矮人去 |
[16:09] | You’re dating a munchkin and i’m following the yellow brick road. | 你和一个小矮人约会 而我得沿着黄砖道前进了 |
[16:13] | A couple of nights later, and no closer to a solution, I had a date with bill. | 几天后,问题仍然悬而未决 我跟比尔约好一起吃晚饭 |
[16:17] | We went to his favorite indian restaurant, | 在一家他最爱的印度餐厅 |
[16:20] | that boasted the hottest curry in the city. | 号称有全市最辣的咖哩 |
[16:23] | So I just got some new polls. | 我收到新的民调结果 |
[16:25] | I’m ahead in manhattan and brooklyn but i’m lagging in the bronx. | 我在曼哈顿和布鲁克林领先 但我在布朗克斯区落后 |
[16:29] | I may have to spend another $15,000 to buy myself some voter turnout. | 我可能得再花五万块 提高投票率 |
[16:33] | Pretty hot, isn’t it? have some water. | 很辣吧?喝点水 |
[16:35] | No, i’m fine. | 不用了,我很好 |
[16:38] | ExCuse me, can I get another one? you want a beer? | 抱歉,再给我一瓶好吗? 你想喝啤酒吗? |
[16:43] | So, I read your column yesterday. | 昨天我读了你的专栏 |
[16:45] | – you did? – it’s great. very funny. | -是吗? -写得很棒,非常有趣 |
[16:48] | Just one question. who’s the handsome politico you refer to? | 只有一个问题 你指的英俊政客是谁? |
[16:52] | He’s just some other fellow i’m seeing in washington. | 他只是我在华盛顿 交往过的一个家伙 |
[16:57] | – you don’t mind, do you? – my life is an open book. it has to be. | -你不介意吧? -我的生活是一本翻开的书 |
[17:05] | What I love about the column is the way you feel about it. | 我喜欢这个专栏的地方 是你对它的感觉 |
[17:09] | It’s mutual. even if I can’t put it in print like you. | 这是互相的 即使我不能像你一样将它出版 |
[17:14] | I am so crazy about you. | 我真是为你疯狂 |
[17:19] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[17:21] | I was hoping we could spend the night together | 我希望能跟你一起过夜 |
[17:24] | but I have an early meeting with the Brooklyn… | 但我一早得开会讨论 布鲁克林的… |
[17:26] | That’s no problem. | 没关系 |
[17:29] | Rain check? | 改天好吗? |
[17:35] | That friday night, charlotte threw her ”used date party”. | 礼拜五晚上,夏绿蒂举办她的 “二手情人派对” |
[17:41] | Hi, you made it! | 你来了 |
[17:44] | There are so many eligible men here. | 这里有许多条件很好的男人 |
[17:47] | Hi charlotte, nice apartment. can I get you something to drink? | 夏绿蒂,很棒的公寓 我帮你拿饮料好吗? |
[17:50] | Yes, immediately, if not sooner. | 好的,尽快 |
[17:53] | You brought stanford? | 你带史丹佛来? |
[17:55] | You said to bring a man you’re not interested in. | 你说带自己不感兴趣的男人来 |
[17:59] | You’re making a mockery of this party. | 你在嘲弄这个派对 |
[18:00] | – carrie, charlotte! – hi! | -凯莉、夏绿蒂 -嗨 |
[18:03] | – this is jeff fenton. – ladies. | -这位是杰夫芬顿 -你们好 |
[18:06] | – how do you do? – it’s a pleasure. | -你好 -幸会 |
[18:10] | – i’ll take your coat. – TaKe your time. | -我帮你拿外套 -慢慢来 |
[18:14] | Mingle. | 去交朋友吧 |
[18:15] | Is he the smaliest man you’ve ever seen? | 他是你们见过最矮的男人吗? |
[18:18] | If you’ll excuse me I have to meet my eligible guests. | 容我失陪 我必须去招呼我合适的客人了 |
[18:21] | I’ve got to get busy too. | 我也要去忙了 (请勿抽烟,感激不尽) |
[18:32] | – carrie! – hey, what are you doing here? | -凯莉 -你怎么来了? |
[18:36] | I figured, before I finalize the list, I should see what’s out there. | 我想在我列完表之前 应该看看有没有其他人选 |
[18:44] | – how’s that list going? – great, fine. | -进展得如何? -很好 |
[18:47] | I’m guessing that’s samantha’s little friend. | 我猜那就是莎曼珊的小朋友了 |
[18:51] | You gotta go to cuba now. another year will be too late. | 要去古巴必须趁现在 明年就太晚了 |
[18:55] | Can’t you get arrested for going? | 不会因此被逮捕吗? |
[18:57] | Fly through canada. they love AmeriCans. | 那就飞去加拿大 他们喜欢美国人 |
[18:59] | – i’ll e-mail you some of my pictures. – i’d love to see them. | -我用电子邮件寄些照片给你 -我很想看看 |
[19:03] | – charlotte, right? – right, and… | -你叫夏绿蒂,对吗? -是的,而你… |
[19:06] | – greg miller. – very nice to meet you, greg miller. | -葛瑞格米勒 -很高兴认识你,葛瑞格米勒 |
[19:17] | – having any luck? – ExCuse me? | -你的运气如何? -你说什么? |
[19:20] | – meeting someone. – i’m already here with somebody. | -认识新对象 -我是跟女友一起来的 |
[19:26] | Yeah, an ex girlfriend, right? | 是,前女友对吧? |
[19:29] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[19:32] | Get a clue. | 自己找答案吧 |
[19:39] | – you brought me here to dump me? – not exactly. | -你带我来这里是想甩了我? -不尽然如此 |
[19:42] | I thought, maybe you could meet someone your own size. | 我认为或许你可以认识 跟你一样身材的对象 |
[19:47] | Sweetheart, give me an hour in bed, you’ll swear i’m the jolly green giant. | 甜心,给我在床上一个钟头 你会发誓说我是快乐绿巨人 |
[19:51] | – really? – i’m the best you’ve ever had. | -真的吗? -我是你有史以来最棒的选择 |
[19:55] | She felt so politically incorrect about dumping a man for his height. | 她觉得为了一个男人的身高 而抛弃他实在太不合时宜 |
[19:58] | She felt she had to sleep with him. | 她觉得别无选择 而必须跟他上床 |
[20:01] | Fine. let’s go. | 好,我们走 |
[20:09] | ok, i’m ready to go. there’s nobody here for us. | 我要走了 这里没有适合我们的人 |
[20:12] | speak for yourself. | 那可不一定 |
[20:13] | If these guys are in their thirties and these women don’t want them, | 如果那些女人不想要 这些三十好几的男人 |
[20:17] | there might just be a little something for me. | 可能有我发展的空间 |
[20:20] | talk to you tomorrow. | 明天再跟你联络 |
[20:29] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[20:30] | I’m an adventure travel junkie. I took the year off after business school. | 我是个热爱冒险旅行的人 我商学院毕业后整整休息一年 |
[20:35] | TreKKed the old spice trail in asia. | 沿着古代亚洲的香料路线 徒步跋涉 |
[20:37] | TalKing to greg, charlotte felt like she had unearthed a rare coin | 跟葛瑞格谈话 夏绿蒂感觉仿佛挖掘到一枚 |
[20:41] | that some other woman had discarded. | 别的女人丢弃的珍贵钱币 |
[20:44] | This is my ex, belinda peters, she hooked me up on this thing. | 这是我前女友梅琳达彼特 我算是被她骗来这里的 |
[20:48] | You must be a friend of karen’s. ThanKs for bringing this great man. | 你一定是凯伦的朋友 谢谢你带这么棒的男人来 |
[20:54] | You’re welcome. can I talk to you for a minute? | 不客气,可以跟你说句话吗? |
[20:58] | Sure. ExCuse me. | 好的,失陪了 |
[21:01] | Bye. ThanKs for coming. | 再见,谢谢你们来 |
[21:09] | once melinda saw greg talking to another woman, | 一旦梅琳达看见 葛瑞格和别的女人说话 |
[21:12] | he suddenly looked all shiny and new again. | 他突然整个人看起来 又闪亮如新了 |
[21:25] | That night, jeff proved to samantha | 当晚,杰夫向莎曼珊证明 |
[21:28] | that he more than made up for his shortcomings. | 他不只弥补了自己的短处 |
[21:37] | Samantha told us later it was like having sex with a horny smurf. | 莎曼珊说这就像跟一个 好色的蓝色小精灵发生关系 |
[21:44] | Meanwhile, across town, steve was busy stuffing miranda’s ballot box. | 同时在城的另一头,史蒂夫 忙着填满米兰达的投票箱 |
[21:57] | You know, i’m not looking for a quick answer in the monogamy thing. | 我不是要你很快回覆 和我定下来的事 |
[22:04] | It’s probably something that’s got to happen on its own. | 这种事是急不来的 |
[22:14] | It’s just that I wanted you to know how I feel. | 只不过我想让你知道我的感受 |
[22:17] | You’re the best woman i’ve ever met. | 你是我认识过最好的女人 |
[22:22] | I want you to Know…to know that. | 我希望你知道…知道这一点 |
[22:29] | I love you, miranda. I really do. | 我爱你,米兰达,真的 |
[22:36] | Steve had just said the one big pro that outweighed all the cons. | 史蒂夫刚说出一句 足以磨灭所有缺点的话 |
[22:43] | Later that week, samantha put her heels away and gave jeff a ChanCe. | 莎曼珊决定丢开高跟鞋 给杰夫一个机会 |
[22:48] | Little boy’s room. i’ll be right back. | 我去儿童洗手间,马上回来 (布鲁明戴尔百货公司 男童装部) |
[23:05] | Samantha was stunned. | 莎曼珊目瞪口呆 |
[23:08] | It was one thing to date a man who went to the little boy’s room. | 跟一个上儿童洗手间的 男人约会是一回事 |
[23:11] | Another to date one who still shopped at the little boy’s department. | 但和一个仍在童装部买衣服的 男人约会又是另一回事 |
[23:16] | Samantha! | 莎曼珊 |
[23:17] | I’m not feeling very well. i’ve got to go. goodnight. | 我身体不太舒服 我得走了,再见 |
[23:22] | Wait, i’ll take you. | 等等,我送你回去 |
[23:25] | I’m not really sick. look, Jeff… | 我不是真的生病 听着,杰夫… |
[23:28] | I can’t do this. it’s not a good idea. I don’t want to lead you on. | 我没办法接受,这不是好主意 我不想让你误会 |
[23:32] | Lead me on? you came five times the other night. | 让我误会? 那晚你经历了五次高潮 |
[23:36] | – it’s not really that… – then, what? | -不是那原因… -不然是什么? |
[23:39] | What happened in the past five minutes? | 刚才五分钟发生了什么事? |
[23:43] | – you shop at the boy’s department. – so, what? | -你在童装部买衣服 -那又怎么样? |
[23:46] | The clothes fit me better, plus they’re cheaper. | 那里的衣服比较合身 而且也比较便宜 |
[23:49] | Where do you shop, the big and tall whore store? | 你在哪里买衣服? 高挑的荡妇商店? |
[23:53] | You’re nothing but a big dick with a little man attached. | 你只不过是一个 拥有大老二的小矮人 |
[23:58] | You’re nothing but a big pair of tits, with too much extra leg room. | 而你也不过是一个 有对大奶头和过长双腿的女人 |
[24:04] | Surprisingly, samantha had found what she was really looking for. | 出乎意料地 莎曼珊找到了她真正寻找的人 |
[24:08] | And it had nothing to do with size. | 这跟尺寸大小毫无关系 |
[24:10] | Somebody get me a booster chair. | 拿一张儿童座椅来 |
[24:13] | She’d found a man who made her laugh. they dated for two weeks. | 她找到一个会逗她开心的男人 他们约会了两周 |
[24:17] | Though he was short, it was a long relationship for samantha. | 虽然他很矮,对莎曼珊来说 这样的关系已经算维持很长了 |
[24:22] | That night, parched and nervous, I spent another night with bill. | 当晚,怀抱着忐忑不安的心情 我又和比尔过夜 |
[24:27] | – man, that was great. – yes, it was. | -老天,太棒了 -是的 |
[24:31] | Come on, let’s take a shower. | 来吧,我们去洗个澡 |
[25:04] | Come on, get in while it’s hot. | 快来,趁水还热着 |
[25:10] | – can I talk to you about something? – ok. | -比尔,我能跟你谈一谈吗? -好 |
[25:21] | I’ve been giving this peeing thing a lot of thought, | 关于撒尿的事,我想了很久 |
[25:24] | and while I think it’s totally fine that that’s what you’re into, I just… | 你热中此道我完全没有意见 只是… |
[25:29] | It’s just never really been my thing. | 我真的不喜欢 |
[25:32] | oh, yeah? | 是吗? |
[25:34] | Yeah, so I thought instead, maybe you could close your eyes | 对,所以我想 也许你可以闭上眼睛 |
[25:39] | and I could dribble warm tea on you. that might feel good. | 我可以在你身上滴温茶 那感觉可能会很舒服 |
[25:44] | or…maybe… | 或者…也许… |
[25:47] | …you might think it’s fun | 我们做爱的时候 你可以听流水声 |
[25:49] | to hear the sound of running water when we have sex. | 说不定会很有趣 |
[25:56] | And, if things got really serious between us, I Could… | 若我们之间的关系更进一步 我可以… |
[26:01] | maybe, even, leave the bathroom door open sometime. | 偶尔上厕所甚至不关门 |
[26:06] | Although, i’m really not sure how comfortable i’d be with that either. | 虽然我也不确定自己 是否会感到自在 |
[26:13] | You know, there’s something I want to tell you too. | 我也有事想告诉你 |
[26:17] | Some people ConneCted with the campaign read your Column… | 竞选团队的成员读了你的专栏 |
[26:20] | and they had a different take on it. | 他们有不同的反应 |
[26:25] | – what does that mean? – they said it was funny and clever, | -那是什么意思? -他们认为你的观点幽默敏锐 |
[26:30] | but that it was a lot about sex. | 但大部分跟性爱有关 |
[26:33] | They don’t think I should date a sex columnist before the election. | 他们认为大选将近 我不该和性爱专栏作家约会 |
[26:40] | They thought it was kind of seamy. | 他们认为这有损我的名声 |
[26:45] | Wait a second, I may write about sex, but you like people to pee on you. | 等等,我是写性爱之事没错 但你喜欢别人在你身上撒尿 |
[26:53] | Yeah, but nobody knows about that. | 对,但没人知道这件事 |
[27:06] | I realized that politics had entered my bedroom as well as my bathroom. | 我这才发现政治不但进了 我的卧房,还潜入我的浴室 |
[27:12] | I decided that my bravest political act would be to tell the truth. | 我当下决定我最勇敢的 政治行动就是说实话 (尿还是不尿 这才是问题所在) |
[27:22] | I didn’t use his real name. it was much more political not to. | 我没有用他的真实姓名 这是比较政治的处理方式 |