时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | There are few things I love as much as sunday brunch. | 很少有事物能超过 我喜欢星期天早午餐的程度 |
[00:50] | You can sleep till noon | 你可以睡到中午 |
[00:51] | and still get eggs anywhere in the city. | 而且到处都还吃得到蛋 |
[00:54] | AlCohol is often included. | 通常会喝点酒 |
[00:56] | And it’s the one day | 此外,只有这一天才有 |
[00:58] | you get the single woman’s sports’ pages – | 单身女子的体育版 |
[01:01] | ”the new york times” wedding section. | 就是纽约时报的结婚栏 |
[01:03] | This is so depressing. | 这真是让人沮丧 |
[01:04] | The oldest woman on this page is 27. | 这一页年纪最大的女人 才27岁 |
[01:07] | Now i’m depressed | 我也很沮丧 |
[01:09] | and I haven’t had coffee yet. | 我连咖啡都还没喝到 |
[01:11] | At least you have a boyfriend. | 至少你有男朋友 |
[01:13] | That only means i’m getting laid. | 那不代表我会结婚 那只代表有人跟我上床 |
[01:15] | on a regular basis. | -定期的性生活 |
[01:17] | I’ll drink to that. | -我为这句话干杯 |
[01:19] | Until recently, the bride, 24, | “直到最近,这位24岁的新娘 |
[01:21] | worked as a supervisor | 曾任奥美广告公司总监” |
[01:23] | at ogilvy & mather. 24! | -24岁 |
[01:25] | No more reading aloud. | -不要再念了 |
[01:26] | I love how they say ”until recently”. | 我喜欢他们用“直到最近” |
[01:29] | Meaning she quit her job | 表示当她一找到灵魂伴侣 |
[01:31] | once she found her soul mate linvestment banker. | 亦即那位银行家,她就辞职了 |
[01:34] | It’s so retro. i’ve got a rock on my finger. | 真是有够复古 “我手上带着钻戒” |
[01:38] | Now I can stop pretending to care about my career. | “现在我可以停止假装 在乎我的事业” |
[01:40] | Until recently, the bride had a life of her own. | “直到最近 这位新娘才拥有自己的人生” |
[01:44] | You know who they marry? the roman numeral guys. | 你知道她们嫁给什么人吗? 名字里有罗马数字的男人 |
[01:48] | – charles duffy anderson lv. – ding, ding, ding. | -查尔斯杜菲安德森四世 -我就说吧 |
[01:51] | The higher the number, the worse the sex. | 数字越大,性能力越差 |
[01:54] | – I dated a ill. he couldn’t get it up. – how bad must henry vill have been! | 我跟一个某某三世约会过 结果他不举 想像一下亨利八世有多糟糕 |
[02:00] | You give him head, he cuts yours off! | 你帮他口交 他却把你的头咬下来 |
[02:03] | This couple met on a bike tour. | 这对夫妻 在一趟自行车旅行中相识 |
[02:05] | I just make it through spinning. all the men are gay. | 我勉强骑完全程 那儿的男人都是同性恋 |
[02:08] | It’s amazing how upset women get over the marital status of strangers. | 陌生人的婚姻状态竟能让女人 如此心烦,真是令人惊奇 |
[02:15] | – what was that? – nothing. | -那是什么? -没什么 |
[02:18] | – let me see. – nothing to see. | -让我看看 -没什么好看的 |
[02:21] | You’re such a bad liar. | 你说谎的技巧真差 |
[02:31] | Then there’s the occasional familiar face. | 映入眼帘的是那张 偶尔熟悉的脸孔 |
[02:33] | Well, it’s official. he’s married. where are my fries? | 只是正式宣布他结婚了 我的薯条怎么还没来? |
[02:44] | It’s fine, all right? I was prepared for this. | 没关系,好吗?无所谓 |
[02:50] | They had an engagement party at the plaza. | 我已经有心理准备了 他们在饭店举行过订婚派对 |
[02:53] | – sometimes they break off. – this one didn’t. let’s move on. | -有时候订婚也会变卦 -这次没有,我们聊别的吧 |
[02:57] | Why is their wedding like a short story? what’s next, a movie? | 但为何它像个短篇故事? 接着会如何?拍成电影版? |
[03:03] | It’s fluff, it’s PR. anybody could be this story. | 这很无聊,不值一看 这种故事任何人都能当主角 |
[03:06] | Anybody who’s getting married. | 任何要结婚的人 |
[03:08] | This is what I hate about ”the sunday times”. | 这就是我讨厌周日时报的地方 |
[03:11] | This and the country houses I can’t afford. | 我又买不起乡村别墅 |
[03:19] | – you want to rent a movie? – it’s ok. i’m not gonna slit my wrists. | -你想租录影带吗? -我没事,我不会割腕自杀 |
[03:24] | I just thought you might want some company. | 我只是觉得你可能需要人陪 |
[03:26] | You know what? I think I want to be alone. | 你知道吗?我想一个人静一静 |
[03:29] | – ok, i’m just gonna take the paper. – would you stop? | -好,那我把报纸带走 -别这样好吗? |
[03:33] | I know what you’re gonna do. you can’t not read it. | 我知道你要做什么 你不可能不看它 |
[03:36] | You’ll cry and it’ll be awful. let’s read it now and get it over with. | 你会哭得很惨,心情恶劣 不如现在就看,把这件事解决 |
[03:43] | The couple met in paris, on the lle St-Louis. | “这对夫妻 在巴黎的圣路易岛相识” |
[03:46] | How original, they fell in love in paris. | 真有创意 他们在巴黎坠入爱河 |
[03:49] | brought over a bottle of pinot noir | “‘我独自在餐馆 侍者送来一瓶比诺瓦红酒’” |
[03:53] | ”from a handsome man at the bar”, the bride said, her eyes sparkling. | “‘是吧台的英俊男子所赠’ 新娘说,她的棕眼闪耀光芒” |
[03:59] | ”when we’d finished the wine, I knew I wanted to marry him.” | “‘当我们喝完那瓶酒 我知道我想要嫁给他’” |
[04:03] | You were drunk and he was rich. this is just bad journalism. | 拜托,你喝醉了而他又有钱 这篇报导写得真烂 |
[04:08] | Marry they did, in southampton at the bride’s parents’ estate. | “他们在新娘父母位于 南安普敦的庄园完婚” |
[04:12] | There were only 50 guests. | “只邀请了50名宾客” |
[04:14] | ”we wanted it intimate. just family and close friends.” | “我们希望气氛亲密融洽 只有家人和挚友在场” |
[04:17] | – and ”the new york times”. – how intimate is that? | -以及纽约时报 -还真亲密呢 |
[04:20] | I don’t hear big anywhere in this article. | 这篇文章从头到尾 都没提到大人物的名字 |
[04:24] | She’s calling the shots and he’s just along for the ride. | 娜塔莎主导一切 而他只是奉陪下场 |
[04:28] | The bride carried calla lilies, tied with a red ribbon. | “新娘手捧马蹄莲 系着红丝带” |
[04:31] | That’s nice. | 那倒不错 |
[04:33] | As she walked down the aisle | “当她缓缓步上红毯” |
[04:35] | a saxophone played ”when A man loves A woman”. | “萨克斯风开始演奏 ‘当男人爱上女人’” |
[04:39] | Well, that’s tacky. | 真是俗气 |
[04:41] | No, that’s big. | 不,这就是大人物的风格 天啊… |
[04:56] | What I wouldn’t give for a working fireplace. | 真想丢进壁炉烧个精光 |
[05:00] | – he wasn’t the right man for you. – I know that. | -他不适合你 -我知道 |
[05:02] | I know, it’s not him. it’s the whole wedding. | 我知道,不是因为他 是整个婚礼 |
[05:07] | And it’s her…her! | 还有她…她 |
[05:11] | You know, she’s just… | 你知道,她实在… |
[05:14] | you know, shiny hair, style seCtion… vera wang. | 她有一头闪亮的秀发 穿着有品味…薇拉王的礼服 |
[05:20] | And i’m the sex column they run next to ads for penile implants. | 而我是跟阴茎植入手术广告 放在一起的性爱专栏 |
[05:41] | Big wasn’t the only one taking the plunge. | 大人物不是唯一毅然投入 新生活方式的人 |
[05:43] | After more than a decade of domestic independence, | 在家中独当一面超过十年之后 |
[05:46] | Miranda had opened up to a relationship… | 米兰达展开一段新关系… |
[05:49] | Good morning. | -早安 |
[05:51] | …with a cleaning lady. | -她请了一位清洁女工 |
[05:53] | Good morning, magda. | 早,梅格 |
[05:56] | Do you know where the coffee mugs are? | 你知道咖啡杯在哪里吗? |
[05:59] | I moved them here. | 我把它们移到这里了 |
[06:01] | – now all glasses are together. – I guess that makes more sense. | -现在所有杯子都放在一起了 -我想那样比较有条理 |
[06:09] | You know what? I always drink coffee out of my law school class of ’90 mug, | 你知道吗?我总习惯用以前 法学院的马克杯喝咖啡 |
[06:15] | because it’s bigger, and… it’s just what I always use. | 因为它比较大,而且… 我一向如此 |
[06:19] | I bring you nice herbal teas. tea is better for you. | 我带了一些草本茶来 茶对你的身体比较好 |
[06:23] | oh, thank you very much, but I prefer coffee. | 非常谢谢你 但我比较喜欢喝咖啡 |
[06:28] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:30] | – why do I have a rolling pin? – it’s for you to make pies. | -我怎么会有一根面棍? -这是给你用来烤派的 |
[06:36] | It’s good for women to make pies. | 女人烤派是一件好事 |
[06:41] | – do you have a rolling pin? – on me? | -你有一根面棍吗? -我身上? |
[06:43] | – in your KitChen? – I use my oven for storage. | -在你厨房? -我把烤箱当成储藏室 |
[06:47] | My cleaning lady brought me one. she couldn’t believe I didn’t have one. | 我的清洁女工带了一根给我 她不敢相信我竟然没有 |
[06:52] | I can’t believe you have a cleaning lady. | 我不敢相信你竟然有清洁女工 |
[06:54] | Don’t even start. I feel guilty enough. | 别再说下去 我已经够有罪恶感了 |
[06:57] | I hate being home when she is. I feel like if i’m home, | 她在家时我不想回去 我觉得如果我在家 |
[07:01] | I should be cleaning or making pies. she says that’s what women do. | 我就应该打扫或烤派 据她所说,女人就该做这些 |
[07:05] | Where did you find her, in a time capsule? | 你从哪里把她找来的? 时光锦囊? |
[07:08] | I know. I don’t need to make pies. | 我知道,我不需要自己烤派 |
[07:11] | I’m practically a partner in a major law firm. lf I want pie, I can buy it. | 我是一家律师事务所的合伙人 如果我想吃派,我可以用买的 |
[07:16] | I think I need this in a smaller size. | 我要小一号的尺寸 |
[07:19] | I’ll get it for you, just hand it out, there’s no need… | 我帮你拿,衣服递给我就行了 你不必… |
[07:24] | Carrie? | 凯莉? |
[07:27] | And there she was, mrs. big, all five foot ten of her. | 她就站在我面前 身高五尺十英寸的大人物太太 |
[07:32] | Hey… hi, natasha. | 嗨…娜塔莎 |
[07:36] | I heard…I read… | 我听说…我看到… |
[07:41] | Congratulations on the thing, on the wedding. | 恭喜你…结婚 |
[07:44] | This is miranda, we’re shopping. | 这是米兰达,我们在逛街 |
[07:46] | – hi. – NiCe to meet you. | -你好 -很高兴认识你 |
[07:48] | That looks nice, what you have on there. | 你身上那件衣服很漂亮 |
[07:51] | You think? | 你这么认为? |
[07:53] | I need something for this ”women in the arts” luncheon I helped organize. | 我得为我筹办的女性艺术 工作者的午餐会买一件礼服 |
[07:58] | – i’m on the steering committee. – really? i’m a member. | -我是执行委员会主席 -真的吗?我是会员 |
[08:02] | You know, I write, so I am a woman in the arts. | 你知道,我写作 所以我也算是女性艺术工作者 |
[08:07] | I go to that lunch every year… | 每年我都会去参加午餐会… |
[08:10] | …in clothes. | 穿着衣服去 |
[08:13] | – so, you’re going then? – yeah, i’m going. | -这么说你会去了? -是的,我会去 |
[08:18] | – great, i’ll see you there. – all right. | -太好了,我们到时候见 -好 |
[08:26] | oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[08:28] | – now, I can’t find the invitation. – why did you say you’d go? | -我找不到邀请卡 -你干嘛说你会去? |
[08:32] | I’ve talked to her twice, once in a cowboy hat, and once in my bra. | 我跟她见过两次面,一次头戴 牛仔帽,一次只穿着内衣 |
[08:38] | LiKe freakin’ Annie-get-your-Clothes-on. | 我简直像个该死的暴露狂 |
[08:40] | I would just like her to see me looking normal. | 我只想让她看看我正常的模样 |
[08:44] | – just normal? – I would prefer to look amazing. | -只有正常吗? -最好是艳光四射 |
[08:47] | Not like i’m trying, just effortlessly striking. | 但不是刻意打扮 而是毫不费劲地散发魅力 |
[08:51] | I see. and will big be at this event? | 我懂了,大人物也会去吗? |
[08:54] | It’s a ”women in the arts” luncheon. it’s not about big, it’s about natasha. | 不,这是女性艺术工作者餐会 跟大人物无关,是因为娜塔莎 |
[08:58] | It seems to be a lot of trouble for a woman. | 为了一个女人 这似乎太大费周章了 |
[09:01] | Can you help me find out when and where it is? | 你能帮我查到时间和地点吗? |
[09:04] | I can do better than that, i’m coming too. | 当然可以,不只如此 我还会陪你一起去 |
[09:07] | So, you support women in the arts? | 这么说你支持 女性艺术工作者了? |
[09:09] | I support you, and these bitches need to be put in their places. | 我支持你,亲爱的 该给那些臭娘们一点颜色瞧瞧 |
[09:16] | That night I modeled my wardrobe in my head and vetoed everything. | 当晚我翻遍衣橱 却否决了每一件衣服 |
[09:21] | Why did I care so much? | 我为什么这么在意? |
[09:23] | What was it about natasha that made me feel like the charity case? | 娜塔莎有什么魔力 让我每次都觉得自己矮一截? |
[09:27] | Was it just that she had big, or was this bigger than big? | 只因为她拥有大人物 还是有其他原因? |
[09:31] | I started to wonder. are there women in new york | 我开始思考 在纽约,某些女人的存在 |
[09:34] | just there to make us feel bad about ourselves? | 是否只为了让我们自惭形秽? |
[09:37] | For miranda, that woman was a certain ukrainian housekeeper. | 对米兰达而言 那女人是她请来的乌克兰管家 |
[09:41] | – you’re early. – yes, good morning. | -你提早到了 -是的,早安 |
[09:46] | Did you bring me this? | 这是你带来的吗? |
[09:48] | It’s gift, to make your bathroom nicer. | 这是礼物,让你的浴室更齐全 |
[09:52] | ThanKs. did you move my hairdryer? it used to be under the sink. | 谢谢,你有移动吹风机吗? 它本来放在洗脸槽下方的 |
[09:57] | In the middle drawer. last week I organize for you. | 在中间的抽屉 上个礼拜我帮你整理过了 |
[10:00] | No, that drawer doesn’t need organizing. | 不,那个抽屉不需要整理 |
[10:02] | Magda had discovered miranda’s ”goodie-drawer”. | 梅格发现了米兰达的秘密抽屉 |
[10:08] | I have a boyfriend, so it’s not like i’m sleeping with lots of different men. | 我有男朋友,所以我不是 夜夜跟不同的男人上床 |
[10:13] | For a long time there was no guy and that’s why I have the other thing. | 我有很长一段时间没有男友 因此我需要那玩意儿 |
[10:18] | – ok. – you like this boyfriend? | -好 -你喜欢这个男朋友吗? |
[10:23] | – yes. – you want to marry this man? | -是的 -你想嫁给他吗? |
[10:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:29] | Everybody wants to get married. I am married 28 years. | 每个人都想结婚 我已经结婚28年了 |
[10:34] | Well, we’ll see. I don’t know if I want to get married. | 再看情况吧 我不知道自己是否想结婚 |
[10:42] | God bless you. | 上帝祝福你 |
[10:49] | I don’t need you to bless me. | 我不需要你的祝福 |
[10:52] | I don’t need god to bless me. i’m fine with my life as it is. | 我也不需要上帝的祝福 我很满意现在的生活 |
[11:01] | It’s like I hired my mother. | 这就像我雇用了我老妈 |
[11:04] | Manhattan has spas, where a woman can pay to feel good about herself. | 幸好有三温暖 女人可以付钱享受一下 |
[11:09] | I can’t believe she opened your goodie-drawer. | 我不敢相信 她打开你的秘密抽屉 |
[11:12] | Everybody knows the night-stand is private. | 每个人都知道床头柜很私密 |
[11:14] | – what do you have in there? – the usual, condoms, vibrator… | -那里面放了些什么? -很平常,保险套、按摩棒… |
[11:19] | – massage oil, cigarettes. – nipple clamps. | -按摩油、香烟 -乳头夹 |
[11:21] | – really? – not for me, for them. | -真的? -不是我用的,是她们 |
[11:24] | That’s freakish. | 好怪 |
[11:26] | What’s in your goodie-drawer, robert’s ”rules of order”? | 你的秘密抽屉里面有什么? 罗伯氏规则? |
[11:29] | – I don’t have a goodie-drawer. – everybody has one. | -我没有秘密抽屉 -每个人都有 |
[11:33] | – i’ve got a goodie-Closet. – I don’t need to know what’s in it. | -我有秘密衣橱 -我不需要知道里面有什么 |
[11:36] | Ditto. nipple clamps will suffice for today. | 我也是 乳头夹的话题今天到此为止 |
[12:20] | I’m not in the mood for steam, it’s too hot. | 我不想蒸了,太热了 |
[12:22] | Then take off your towel, relax. | 把毛巾脱掉,放轻松 |
[12:25] | I don’t feel like being relaxed in here. | 我在这里没办法放轻松 |
[12:29] | There goes a woman who desperately needs a goodie-drawer. | 她就是一个极需要 秘密抽屉的女人 |
[12:38] | Charlotte? | 夏绿蒂? |
[12:41] | – what’s wrong? – I was just hot. | -怎么了? -我只是觉得热 |
[12:43] | ok, and… | 好…还有呢? |
[12:47] | And…I’m just not comfortable being naked in public. | 还有…我觉得在公共场所裸体 很不自在 |
[12:54] | This isn’t really public, it’s a ladies’ locker-room. | 这不算真正的公共场所 这里是女更衣室 |
[12:57] | – I didn’t grow up in a naked house. – I didn’t either. | -我不是从小一丝不挂长大的 -我也不是 |
[13:01] | I bet she grew up in a naked house. | 我敢说她是从小一丝不挂长大 |
[13:09] | She might still live in a naked house. | 现在她可能依然如此 |
[13:13] | Sweetie, who cares how you look to other women. | 甜心,谁在乎别人的眼光? |
[13:17] | You have a perfect body. | 那是因为你的身材很完美 |
[13:19] | You’re deluded. | 你被骗了 |
[13:22] | Charlotte, you have a beautiful figure. | 夏绿蒂,你的体态很美 |
[13:26] | – really? – yes! | -真的吗? -真的 |
[13:28] | Why was that women looking at me like my thighs were too big? | 那为什么那个女人盯着我看 好像我的大腿太粗? |
[13:35] | Samantha always felt good about herself. | 莎曼珊一向对自己很满意 |
[13:38] | But after her 80-minute massage, she felt even better. | 但经过80分钟的按摩后 她觉得更有自信了 |
[13:43] | I just had the most intense massage. kevin goes down on you. | 我刚做完最激烈的按摩 凯文有替你口交吗? |
[13:49] | Samantha’s was good, but not that good. | 莎曼珊的按摩也很舒服 但没那么舒服 |
[13:52] | – are you serious? – he’s incredible. you should try him. | -你是认真的吗? -是,他棒呆了,你应该试试 |
[13:57] | Samantha smiled, | 莎曼珊微笑着 |
[13:59] | but a woman with a goodie-Closet doesn’t need to pay for head. | 不过一个有秘密衣橱的女人 |
[14:03] | Celia! | 不需要付费享受这种服务 席莉亚 |
[14:06] | – forgot your key. – ThanKs, kevin. | -你忘了钥匙 -谢谢,凯文 |
[14:11] | Then again, you can never have too many massages. | 然而,按摩永远不嫌多 |
[14:15] | Samantha immediately got on the wait list | 莎曼珊立刻预约 |
[14:17] | for kevin’s next available appointment. | 凯文下一个空档 |
[14:22] | That night, steve wasn’t available. miranda chose the next best thing. | 当晚,史蒂夫不在 米兰达只好退而求其次 |
[14:36] | Magda was not only cleaning, she was performing an exorcism. | 梅格不只打扫房子 还帮她驱邪 |
[14:43] | Later that week, I had a religious experience at manolo blahnik. | 几天后,我去名牌鞋店 曼诺罗布雷尼克朝圣 |
[14:50] | I need your opinion. | -我需要你的意见 |
[14:52] | You can’t afford them? | -你付不起? |
[14:54] | Can I get you something? | 需要点些什么吗? |
[14:56] | I’ll have that incredibly riCh-looking, flourless ChoColate thing. | 我要一份非常丰盛华丽 不含面粉的巧克力蛋糕 |
[15:02] | – i’ll have a fruit cup. | -和一杯牛奶咖啡 -我只要一份水果盘 |
[15:06] | – now you’re making me feel bad. – no, get what you want. | -你让我觉得很有罪恶感 -不,尽管叫你想吃的东西 |
[15:13] | This place has the best desserts. the point of coming is to splurge. | 这家店有最棒的甜点 来这里就是要挥霍的 |
[15:17] | That was a splurge. fruit has a lot of carbs. | 那就是挥霍 水果的卡路里也很高 |
[15:20] | Is there a new ”zone” book out? | 新出了一本营养书吗? |
[15:22] | I hate my thighs. | 我讨厌我的大腿 |
[15:25] | The problem is not your thighs. the problem is your head. | 问题不是你的大腿 而是你的脑袋 |
[15:29] | Now… about the shoes. | 现在…关于鞋子 |
[15:33] | Hold on… | 等等… |
[15:36] | I need these for the wlta luncheon. | 我要穿这双鞋去参加 女性艺术工作者的午餐会 |
[15:38] | The heels are almost high enough to put me face to face with natasha, | 它的高跟几乎足以让我 和娜塔莎面对面 |
[15:43] | if natasha wears flats. but why would she wear flats? | 如果她穿平底鞋的话 但她为什么要穿平底鞋? |
[15:47] | Do they make the right statement? | 这些行头表明得够清楚吗? |
[15:49] | What statement do you want to make? | 你想表明什么? |
[15:52] | I am beautiful, powerful and don’t care you’re only 25, and married my ex. | 我美丽、有地位,而且不在乎 你只有25岁,还嫁给我前男友 |
[15:57] | I thought you didn’t have a complex about your looks. | 我以为你对你的外表没有情结 |
[16:00] | It’s not a complex. it’s a natasha specific obsession, | 这不是情结 而是针对娜塔莎的执着 |
[16:04] | which will be over when she sees me, at the benefit, looking fabulous, | 等她看到我穿着这身 购自柏格朵夫精品店 |
[16:09] | in these shoes and a dress from bergdorf’s that’ll cost a month’s rent. | 花我一个月房租的衣服和鞋子 漂漂亮亮地出现后就会结束 |
[16:13] | Listen to you. you don’t have to prove anything. | 听听你的口气 你不必证明什么 |
[16:17] | You are stunning, intelligent and funny. and what is she? | 你漂亮、聪明又风趣 而她呢? |
[16:23] | Married, that’s all. | 结了婚,如此而已 |
[16:26] | You could go to that luncheon, wearing that, | 就算你现在这身打扮去餐会 |
[16:29] | and still be the most incredible woman in the room. | 也依然是全场最漂亮的女人 |
[16:32] | Wow! why can’t you do that for yourself? | 为何你不能这样告诉自己? |
[16:37] | That afternoon, charlotte faced her fear. | 当天下午 夏绿蒂面对她的恐惧 |
[17:44] | I’d kill for your breasts. | 我真羡慕你的胸部 |
[17:55] | Meanwhile, samantha had spent the last half hour faCe-down, | 同时,莎曼珊已经趴了半小时 |
[17:59] | picturing kevin’s face down on her. | 想像在她身上的是凯文的脸 |
[18:02] | – is this pressure ok? – oh, yes. that is just fine. | -这种力道可以吗? -可以,刚刚好 |
[18:08] | Ready to turn over now?. | 准备翻面了吗? |
[18:11] | I most certainly am. | 当然 |
[18:25] | – is this ok? – yes. | -这样可以吗? -可以 |
[18:30] | – is this ok? – yes. | -这样可以吗? -可以 |
[18:35] | Is this ok? | 这样可以吗? |
[18:37] | Yes. | 可以 |
[18:46] | SinCe they were running out of time, she took the matter in her own hands. | 既然时间快到了 她决定先发制人 |
[18:54] | Is this ok? | 这样可以吗? |
[18:57] | Apparently, it wasn’t. | 显然不可以 |
[18:59] | What kind of person does such a thing? | 什么样的人会做出这种事? |
[19:02] | To moiest a trained professional while he is trying to do his job. | 骚扰一个谨守本分 而且受过专业训练的按摩师 |
[19:08] | Helena rubinstein is a civilized place, for civilized people. | 赫莲娜美容中心 是给文明人光顾的文明地方 |
[19:13] | I’m sorry, I can’t allow you to come back here. | 很抱歉,我不能让你再回来 |
[19:17] | I have to protect my staff. | 我必须保护我的员工 |
[19:19] | Clearly, she meant kevin’s staff. | 显然,她指的是凯文 |
[19:22] | This isn’t my fault. | 这不是我的错 |
[19:24] | I know that kevin went down on another customer, | 我知道凯文为另一位顾客口交 |
[19:26] | and that’s why I booked the appointment. | 所以我才预约 |
[19:34] | The following monday, samantha and I were the definition of civilized. | 次周的礼拜一 莎曼珊和我为文明下了定义 |
[19:39] | We officially became ladies who luncheon. | 我们正式变成高贵淑女 前去参加午餐会 |
[19:42] | It was entrapment, false advertising and blatant discrimination. | 这是个圈套,不实的广告 以及公然歧视 |
[19:46] | You can’t go down on one and not the other. | 你不能选择性地帮客人口交 |
[19:48] | I paid good money, expecting to be eaten out. | 我付了钱 期望得到应有的服务 |
[19:53] | This is not the conversation I wish to have as my most amazing self. | 我费尽心思打扮 这不是我所希望的谈话内容 |
[19:57] | – do you see her? – No… | -你看到她了吗? -没有 |
[19:59] | But I do see wendy wasserstein and gloria steinem. | 但我倒看到了温蒂瓦瑟斯坦 和葛洛莉亚史泰南 |
[20:01] | – believe me, you look stunning. – you know what? I believe you. | -相信我,你美呆了 -你知道吗?我相信你 |
[20:08] | Hello mimi, ms carrie bradshaw, and ms samantha jones. | 嗨…米妮,凯莉布雷萧小姐 和莎曼珊琼斯小姐 |
[20:15] | I’m a member, I just haven’t been to an event, ever. | 我是会员 只是很少参加活动…从来没有 |
[20:19] | It’s bradshaw. | 是布雷萧 |
[20:23] | Here you are. wear your name tags. | 找到了,请戴上名牌 |
[20:26] | Last year we had an incident with JoyCe carol oates. | 去年我们和乔伊丝卡罗欧提 发生了一个不太愉快的插曲 |
[20:31] | I’m not sure the ”hello, my name is” goes with the ensemble. | 我不确定直接了当的措辞 跟我这套服装是否相配 |
[20:34] | Hello, my name is fabulous. | 你好,我的名字叫美女 |
[20:37] | oh, natasha’s not here yet. | 娜塔莎还没来 |
[20:40] | – natasha’s not coming. – what? | -娜塔莎不来了 -什么? |
[20:43] | She’s got a cold, and didn’t want to get everybody sick. | 她感冒了,不想传染给大家 |
[20:46] | Here are your drink tickets. | 这是你们的饮料券 |
[20:52] | I can’t believe that bitch is a no-show. | 我不敢相信那贱人 竟然临阵脱逃 |
[20:55] | I’m the one who’s sick. charged another ouftit I can’t afford. | 生病的是我才对 我根本买不起这身行头 |
[20:58] | Maybe bounced a cheque to charity, just to prove i’m amazing. | 支票说不定会跳票 只为了证明我很漂亮 |
[21:01] | I’ve never felt less so. let’s just go. | 我从未觉得这么蠢 我们快走吧 |
[21:05] | I’ve paid $85, we’re having our drinks. what do you feel like? | 我付了85块,非喝到饮料不可 你想喝什么? |
[21:09] | – loser on the rocks? – give me those tickets. | -失败者加冰块? -饮料券给我 |
[21:18] | Who is this and what’s she doing in my bedroom? | 这是谁?她在我房里做什么? |
[21:21] | Virgin mary. | 圣母玛莉亚 |
[21:24] | – and where’s my other thing? – what thing? | -我其他的东西呢? -什么东西? |
[21:27] | You know, the thing. don’t make me say it. | 你知道的,那些东西 别逼我说出口 |
[21:30] | The thing you replaced with this lady. | 你用这名女士替换掉的东西 |
[21:33] | Bathroom, middle drawer. next to hairdryer. | 浴室,中间抽屉,吹风机旁边 |
[21:37] | No man will marry you if that is by your bed. it says you don’t need him. | 你把那些放在床边,没有男人 会娶你,那表示你不需要他 |
[21:43] | What I don’t need is another mother. | 我不需要的是另外一个母亲 |
[21:47] | I have one in philadelphia, and that’s close enough. | 我有一个住在费城 那样的距离已经够近了 |
[21:50] | I need a housekeeper, who will clean my apartment | 我需要一个管家帮我打扫房子 |
[21:53] | and stop judging because i’m a 34 year old, single woman in new york. | 而且不因为我是独居在纽约的 34岁单身女子批判我 |
[21:57] | I drink coffee, have sex, buy pies and enjoy battery-operated devices. | 我喝咖啡、有性生活、买派 而且享受电动按摩棒 |
[22:04] | If you can’t deal with that, I will find a housekeeper who can. | 如果你无法接受这些 我会另外找可以接受的管家 |
[22:13] | I also head the committee to match mentors with underprivileged children. | 我也负责一个为贫困儿童 寻找良师的委员会 |
[22:17] | It’d be wonderful if you’d be willing to work with kids who want to write. | 若你愿意指导有心写作的孩子 那就太好了 |
[22:22] | I write about sex. | 我写的是性爱 |
[22:24] | Is that something they’d like to learn? writing about blow jobs? | 他们想学这些吗?描写口交? |
[22:29] | We can always use help in fundraising. | 我们一向需要人帮忙筹款 |
[22:33] | Carrie, this is jenna. | 凯莉,这位是珍纳 |
[22:36] | – hi, jenna. – NiCe to meet you. | -嗨,珍纳 -很高兴认识你 |
[22:38] | Jenna went to college with natasha. go ahead, tell her what you told me. | 珍纳是娜塔莎的大学同学 来,告诉她你刚才跟我说的事 |
[22:43] | ok, well, natasha lived in my dorm, freshmen year at tulane. | 娜塔莎念图兰大学一年级时 跟我住同一间宿舍 |
[22:48] | once, she showered with a guy in the community bathroom. | 有一次她和一个男孩子 在公共浴室内一起洗澡 |
[22:54] | And… | 而且… |
[22:57] | And she gained like ten pounds, sophomore year. | 而且她大二时胖了十磅左右 |
[23:02] | Wow. | 哇 |
[23:03] | Ten pounds. ThanKs, jenna. | 十磅,谢谢,珍纳 |
[23:09] | Merry christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[23:10] | That’s supposed to make me feel better? | 我应该觉得好过一点? |
[23:13] | Six years ago she had a weight problem? | 就因为六年前她有体重困扰? |
[23:15] | It’s something. | 这样就不错了 |
[23:17] | You had to love her for trying. | 你不得不为她的努力而爱她 |
[23:19] | Samantha tried to make me feel good by making natasha sound bad, | 莎曼珊以为说娜塔莎坏话 可以让我开心 |
[23:23] | but it only made me feel worse. | 但那只让我觉得更难受 |
[23:26] | – another drink? – another one and i’ll lose my lunch. | -再喝一杯? -不,再喝午餐就要吐出来了 |
[23:30] | When you get home you’ll smile because she was a porker in college. | 等你回到家,你会因她大学时 是只肥猪而欣喜 |
[23:34] | Ten pounds does not a porker make. | 十磅不会让一个人变成肥猪 |
[23:40] | – you’re samantha jones. – yes. we met at helena rubinstein. | -你就是莎曼珊琼斯 -是的,我们在赫莲娜见过 |
[23:46] | Katy, leisle, look who’s here. the woman who got kevin fired. | 凯蒂、莱丝莉,看看这是谁 害凯文被开除的女人 |
[23:52] | ThanKs a lot! | 谢谢了 |
[23:53] | – yeah, thanks. – who’s gonna fuck me now?. | -是啊,谢了 -现在谁来跟我做爱? |
[23:55] | Kevin fucked you? | 凯文跟你做爱? |
[23:58] | Turns out I wasn’t the kind of member those women in the arts needed. | 看来我不是那些从事艺术 工作者的女性所需要的会员 |
[24:03] | That night, in her spotless apartment, miranda knew she’d been right | 当晚,在她一尘不染的公寓 米兰达知道她做对了 |
[24:07] | to take a stand because of her night-stand. | 为了她的床头柜力争到底 |
[24:12] | Magda realized that single women in new york never make pies, | 梅格意识到 虽然纽约的单身女子从不烤派 |
[24:16] | but they sometimes make guys. | 有时候她们会“做人” |
[24:19] | A few weeks later, I got something in the mail from women in the arts. | 几周后,我收到女性艺术 工作者协会寄来的一封信 |
[24:22] | It was a ”thank you for attending”, signed by natasha. | 是娜塔莎亲笔写的感谢函 |
[24:27] | Game over. I had to accept that in life, some women are simply better. | 游戏结束了,我必须接受事实 人生中有些女人就是比较出色 |
[24:32] | No amount of shoes, or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. | 买再多鞋或不吃甜食 或自己烤派都改变不了 |
[24:36] | I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, | 我永远当不成拥有一头秀发 |
[24:39] | who can wear white and not spill on it. | 可以穿白色衣服而不沾上污渍 |
[24:41] | And chair committees, and write thank you notes. | 担任委员会主席 写感谢函的女人 |
[24:44] | And I can’t feel bad about that. | 我不能因此不开心 |
[24:46] | ”sorry I couldn’t be their.” | “抱歉我无法出席” |
[24:49] | T-H-E-I-R. | (拼字错误:我不属于他们的) |
[24:55] | But I could feel good about this. | 但这点却让我乐不可支 |
[25:03] | Miranda, it’s good she got married. the woman’s an idiot. | 米兰达,她结婚是件好事 那女人是白痴 |