时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | It happened two days ago. | 事情发生在两天前 |
[00:50] | Aidan and I had been seeing each other for three weeks when… | 艾登和我已经大约交往了 三个礼拜… |
[00:55] | – what is it? bad dream? – i’m not sure. | -怎么了?做噩梦? -我不确定 |
[01:01] | – what’s wrong? – I don’t know. | -怎么回事? -我不知道 |
[01:07] | The truth was I really didn’t. | 事实上我真的不知道 |
[01:11] | The next day I searched for unpaid bills, | 隔天我寻找未付的帐单 |
[01:13] | unanswered calls, unmet deadlines. | 没回的电话、没交的稿子 |
[01:16] | But I hadn’t so much as missed a teeth cleaning. | 但我连洗牙的约诊都没错过 |
[01:19] | My life appeared to be in order. | 我的生活似乎井然有序 |
[01:23] | But the next night, like ClockworK… | 但隔天晚上…非常规律地… |
[01:29] | I realized I was in an existential crisis. | 我发现自己陷入了存在危机 |
[01:33] | one that not even the sight of this season’s DolCe & gabbana sandals | 连当季的杜嘉班纳凉鞋 |
[01:37] | Could lift me out of. | 都无法将我解救出来 |
[01:46] | Do you wanna spend the night? | 你想留下来过夜吗? |
[01:49] | – i’m gonna get some water. – relax. i’ll get it. | -我去倒杯水 -放轻松,我去倒 |
[02:04] | Then I realized it. | 那一刻我明白了 |
[02:06] | What was wrong was, for the first time in my life, | 问题出在这是我生平第一次 |
[02:10] | I was in a relationship where absolutely nothing was wrong. | 毫无困扰的感情 |
[02:18] | It’s smooth sailing. | 一帆风顺 |
[02:20] | Nothing but calm seas, blue horizons. | 只有平静的海和蔚蓝的地平线 |
[02:23] | See what i’m saying? | 你们明白我的意思吗? |
[02:25] | Absolutely. not a cloud in sight. | 当然明白,万里无云 |
[02:27] | We adore each other. | 我们崇拜对方、相处愉快 |
[02:29] | We have fun. we mesh. | 我们很契合 |
[02:31] | And this is a problem? | 这是问题吗? |
[02:33] | It feels odd. i’m used to the hunt. | 感觉很奇怪 我习惯经过一番辛苦 |
[02:39] | This is…effortless. it’s freaking me out. | 这次却…不费吹灰之力 简直快把我逼疯了 |
[02:44] | I totally understand. you’re not getting the stomach flip. | 我完全了解 你的胃没有翻搅的感觉 |
[02:48] | WhiCh is just a fear of losing the guy. | 这只是害怕失去他的恐惧 |
[02:51] | Maybe i’m not used to being with someone | 或许我不习惯 |
[02:53] | who doesn’t do the seductive withholding dance. | 坦率、毫不保留的男人 |
[02:56] | But there is an upside to being with a guy with no surprises. | 不过跟一个缺乏惊喜的男人 在一起也有好处 |
[03:01] | Steve is completely predictable, but that’s what I love about him. | 史蒂夫完全可以预测 这就是我喜欢他的地方 |
[03:05] | He’s so comfortable and safe. | -他让人觉得舒服、有安全感 |
[03:08] | Are you dating a man or a mini-van? | -你交往的是男人或迷你货车 |
[03:10] | My new favorite thing to do on a saturday night is steve’s laundry | 星期六晚上我最爱做的事 |
[03:14] | and i’ve never been happier. | 就是帮史蒂夫洗衣服 我从来没有这么快乐过 |
[03:16] | Your relationship is my greatest fear realized. | 你的感情生活是 我最大恐惧的实现 |
[03:20] | I understand your dilemma and from my experience, | 我明白你的困境 就我的经验看来 |
[03:23] | if he seems too good to be true, he probably is. | 如果他好得令人难以置信 很可能不是真的 |
[03:26] | I don’t believe this. now we’re dumping guys for being too available. | 我真不敢相信,现在我们因为 男人太殷勤而甩了他们 |
[03:31] | This is all solid proof of what i’ve read in this great new book. | 最近我读的这本很棒的新书 说得果然没错 |
[03:35] | It says if you really wanna get married, | 它说如果你真的想结婚 |
[03:38] | you shouldn’t spend so much time around dysfunctional single women. | 便不该花那么多时间 和不正常的单身女子打交道 |
[03:42] | ”marriage inCorporated: | “婚姻有限公司” |
[03:44] | ”how to apply successful business strategies to finding a husband”. | “如何将成功的商业策略 运用在寻找丈夫上” |
[03:49] | Chapter one: ”how to get ahead by giving head”. | 第一章 “如何靠口交取得先机” |
[03:54] | Fine! MaKe fun. it’s a very smart book. | 算了,尽管嘲笑吧 这是一本很有见地的书 |
[03:58] | It encourages professional women to approach finding a mate | 它鼓励事业有成的女性 以她们投注在工作上 |
[04:01] | with the dedication and organization they bring to their careers. | 那份相同的专注和组织能力 来寻找另一半 |
[04:06] | I’m more a student of chaos theory. | 我比较信奉混乱理论 |
[04:08] | If you don’t see as much of me, i’m with my married friends. | 如果你们往后不常看到我 那是因为我跟已婚朋友在一起 |
[04:12] | And how will this help you meet your mate? | 这怎么帮你找到另一半? |
[04:16] | BaChelor friends of married men are the city’s greatest untapped resource. | 已婚男人的单身朋友是 这个城市中最棒的未开发资源 |
[04:21] | The way to meet them is through the husbands. | 要认识他们就得透过丈夫介绍 |
[04:24] | So my first assignment is to befriend the husbands. it’s my new job. | 所以我的首要任务就是和丈夫 交朋友,这是我新的全职工作 |
[04:28] | That evening, as charlotte began her new career as a husband-hunter, | 当晚,夏绿蒂成为一名猎夫者 |
[04:33] | Miranda returned home to feather her stress-free love nest. | 米兰达则回家用羽毛装饰 她无压力的爱巢 |
[04:37] | – I heated up some leftover lasagne. – great. i’m starving. | -我热了一些没吃完的千层面 -太棒了,我好饿 |
[04:43] | – wanna get some plates? – what for? it’s just us. | -要拿盘子装吗? -有何必要?只有我们而已 |
[04:47] | An hour later it was on to dessert. | 一个小时后上甜点 |
[04:51] | Followed by exactly eight minutes of no-frills sex. | 之后是正好八分钟的 简单性爱 |
[04:56] | And 12 minutes of ”front line”. | 以及十二分钟的“夜线新闻” |
[05:04] | Theirs was the kind of closeness that only came from true intimacy. | 他们之间的相处模式 只有真正的亲密才能营造出来 |
[05:15] | Samantha was experiencing intimacy that only came from anonymity. | 同时,莎曼珊正经历 只有陌生人才能提供的亲密 |
[05:21] | His name was dr. mark RasKin. | 他是马克拉斯金医生 |
[05:23] | An ear, nose and throat man that samantha met… | 专长耳鼻喉科,是莎曼珊在… |
[05:25] | actually we’re not sure where. SuffiCe to say it happened quickly. | 老实说我们不确定在哪里认识 |
[05:29] | Will you get me some water, please? | 但他们的关系进展神速 -帮我倒杯水好吗? |
[05:32] | – what for? – I want to take a hit of viagra. | -为什么? 我想吃一颗威而钢 |
[05:38] | Number one – that’s very presumptuous of you. | 第一,你真是太放肆了 |
[05:41] | And number two – | 第二,就我所知 |
[05:42] | from what I can tell, you don’t need any help in that area whatsoever. | 你不需要任何药物的帮助 |
[05:46] | I don’t need it. I just take it recreationally. | 我的确不需要 我只是把它当作消遣 |
[05:51] | What does it do for you? | 它有什么作用? |
[05:53] | Sends me on a rocket trip right through your solar system. | 让我在一趟火箭之旅中 直冲你的太阳系 |
[06:01] | I’ll be right back with that… | 我马上拿水… |
[06:03] | …water. | 回来 |
[06:15] | While samantha enjoyed the thrill of the new | 当莎曼珊享受新男友的刺激 |
[06:18] | and miranda’s relationship happily floated on a placid sea | 而米兰达的感情生活 幸福地漂浮在平静海上 |
[06:23] | I was searching for hidden icebergs. | 我则在寻找隐藏的冰山 |
[06:26] | Why are you still single? | -为什么你还是单身? |
[06:28] | – why are you still single? – don’t do that. | -那你呢? |
[06:30] | I hate it when guys act all cute. | 不要这样,我讨厌男人装可爱 |
[06:37] | – what? – waiting for an apology. | -怎么了? -等你道歉 |
[06:40] | ok. i’m a bitch. i’m sorry. | 好,我是坏女人,对不起 |
[06:42] | You should know I get a tad bitchy from time to time. | 你应该知道 我三不五时会耍孩子脾气 |
[06:45] | I’m sure you have your bad traits. and they would be? | 我相信你一定也有缺点 是什么? |
[06:49] | – AlphabetiCally? – whatever you got. | -照字母顺序? -随便你 |
[06:52] | It’s all gonna come out eventually, so i’d like to know now | 反正最后都会显露出来 所以我想现在知道 |
[06:55] | and that way I can decide if i’d like to deal with it or not. | 如此一来我便可以决定 是否愿意接受 |
[06:58] | This is the strangest two blocks I ever walked. | 这是我所走过最奇怪的两条街 |
[07:01] | Again i’m sorry, but this relationship cannot just sail on like it is: perfect. | 再次说抱歉 但这段感情不可能这么完美 |
[07:06] | FranKly, I can’t take the pressure. | 坦白说,我承受不了压力 |
[07:09] | ok. i’m gonna kiss you now. | 好吧,现在我要吻你 |
[07:16] | Seriously. what the hell is wrong with you that you’re not married? | 认真一点,你还没结婚 到底是因为哪里有问题? |
[07:21] | – tell me. – can’t you relax and go with the flow. | -告诉我 -难道你不能顺其自然吗? |
[07:24] | Go with the flow?. no, I can’t do that. it’s so seventies. | 顺其自然?不行,我办不到 这太七十年代了 |
[07:28] | How long you think this phase is gonna last? | 你认为这个阶段会持续多久? |
[07:31] | My folks are coming this weekend and I want you to meet them. | 这个周末我父母要来城里 我希望你和他们见面 |
[07:37] | – that’s so… – fifties? | -这实在太… -五十年代? |
[07:43] | That is really nice. | 这真的很棒 |
[07:47] | So, these parents that are coming to town… | 那么这对要来城里的父母 |
[07:50] | do they know what’s wrong with you? | 知道你有什么毛病吗? |
[07:54] | Let’s get you a doughnut. | 我们去买甜甜圈吧 |
[07:59] | Nuts. | 傻瓜 |
[08:00] | The next evening, taking a page from ”marriage incorporated”, | 隔天晚上 根据“婚姻有限公司”的建议 |
[08:04] | Charlotte had dinner with her married friends, amy and dennis. | 夏绿蒂和一对夫妻共进晚餐 艾美和丹尼斯 |
[08:09] | Allow me to get right to the point. | 容我开门见山地说 |
[08:11] | After careful consideration, i’ve decided that i’m getting married. | 经过仔细考虑 我决定今年要结婚 |
[08:15] | – charlotte, that’s wonderful! – who’s the lucky guy? | -夏绿蒂,真是太好了 -那幸运的家伙是谁? |
[08:19] | I don’t know yet. that’s where you two come in. | 我还不知道 这就是需要你们帮忙的地方 |
[08:22] | Dennis, name one great single friend that you have to fix me up with. | 丹尼斯,列举一个你非介绍 给我认识不可的单身汉 |
[08:27] | I don’t know. no one you’d like offhand. | 我不晓得 没有让你一见钟情的男人 |
[08:33] | – what about phil? – phil, yeah. | -菲尔如何? -菲尔… |
[08:36] | If he can tear himself away from his internet company to go on a date. | 若他愿意放下网路公司的业务 去赴一个约会的话 |
[08:41] | Yes! phil. | 好极了,菲尔 |
[08:43] | Phil, phil, phil. | 菲尔… |
[08:45] | He is so nice and cute. | 他人很好,而且很帅 |
[08:47] | – you think phil’s cute? – he’s cute. | -你觉得菲尔很帅? -他很帅 |
[08:50] | I can see that. | 是…我同意 |
[08:52] | Great. then it’s all set up. i’ll call you tomorrow to follow up. | 太棒了,那就这么决定 我明天再打电话给你安排细节 |
[08:57] | Look! I have tickets to the opera on saturday night. | 我有星期六晚上歌剧的入场券 |
[09:01] | – I would like to take phil. – great. | 我想带菲尔一起去 太好了 |
[09:08] | The next morning before work, while sorting steve’s laundry, | 隔天早上出门以前 当她将史蒂夫的脏衣服分类时 |
[09:12] | Miranda came face to face with the true meaning of intimacy. | 米兰达这才见识到 何谓真实的亲密 |
[09:22] | I was wrong. | 我错了,情侣之间相处 |
[09:24] | There is a point where a couple can get too comfortable. | 会走到一个过于放松的阶段 |
[09:27] | I reached it this morning washing steve’s underwear. | 今天早上我在洗 史蒂夫的内裤时抵达了 |
[09:30] | Why, what happened? | 怎么回事? |
[09:32] | – i’m living with ”skid marks” guy. – oh, no! terrible. | -我跟有“屎渍”的家伙同居 -不会吧,真是悲惨 |
[09:38] | I don’t get it. why do men get skid marks? | 我搞不懂 为什么男人会有屎渍? |
[09:42] | Is it laziness? or are they just in a rush? | 是因为懒惰还是赶时间? |
[09:45] | I don’t know but it goes hand in hand with urinating on the seat. | 我不知道 但这和尿在椅子上密不可分 |
[09:49] | I tell you one thing. when your boyfriend is so comfortable | 当你的男友如此放松 |
[09:52] | he can’t be bothered to wipe his ass, that’s the end of romance. | 他连擦屁股都省了 那简直是浪漫的终结 |
[09:57] | It’s certainly the end of laundry night. | 这也必定是洗衣夜的终结 |
[09:59] | It got me thinking. maybe I mistake falling into a rut with intimacy. | 我在想,也许我不该 让亲密关系落入俗套 |
[10:05] | – how often are you having sex? – often enough. | -你们多久做爱一次? |
[10:08] | But it’s totally generic. we’ve got every move down pat. | -够频繁了,但都照例行程序 |
[10:10] | It’s more like a race to have an orgasm. | 我们每个步骤都很精准 好像在比赛谁先达到高潮 |
[10:14] | – it’s nice to be a contestant, isn’t it? – sure. I know what you mean. | -然而,能参赛还是一件好事 -我懂你的意思 |
[10:18] | We whine when we don’t have a boyfriend, we whine when we do. | 没有男友时我们会抱怨 等到有了却依然满腹牢骚 |
[10:22] | Do you remember how big kept me away from his mother? | 你记得大人物隔离我和他母亲 仿佛我是个疯病人 |
[10:27] | – I remember. – and how pissed it used to make me? | -让我当时多生气? -我记得 |
[10:30] | Now, aidan’s offering both his parents on a silver platter | 现在,艾登将他父母 放在银盘上对我双手奉上 |
[10:35] | and i’m not sure I want to meet them. | 我不确定是否想和他们见面 |
[10:37] | Maybe it’s too soon. | 也许太快了 |
[10:39] | I’ve never met steve’s mother and i’m in no rush. | 我从来没见过史蒂夫的母亲 我可是一点都不急 |
[10:43] | The irony is aidan’s acting exactly how I wish big would have behaved. | 讽刺的是,艾登的举动 恰好是我希望大人物做的事 |
[10:47] | And i’m behaving just like big. | 而我的反应就跟大人物一样 |
[10:50] | Maybe you don’t believe it’s for real unless somebody plays hard to get. | 也许你不相信这是来真的 除非某个人玩欲擒故纵的游戏 |
[10:54] | When things come too easy, we’re suspect. | 当事情变得太容易 我们就会产生怀疑 |
[10:56] | Do they have to get CompliCated before we believe they’re for real? | 难道一定要很复杂 我们才相信是真的吗? |
[11:00] | We’re raised to believe that true love never runs smoothly. | 我们从小就相信 真爱必定历经波折 |
[11:04] | There always have to be obstacles in act two | 第二幕一定会出现障碍 |
[11:06] | before you can live happily ever after in act three. | 然后才能在第三幕 从此过着幸福快乐的生活 |
[11:09] | But what happens when the obstacles aren’t there? | 但万一没有障碍怎么办? |
[11:12] | Does that mean there’s something missing? | 那是否意味着少了些什么? |
[11:15] | Do we need drama to make a relationship work? | 感情是否需要变得戏剧化 才会成功? |
[11:18] | A few days later, still hearing no word from dennis about her date | 几天后,仍然没收到丹尼斯 对于安排约会的只字片语 |
[11:22] | Charlotte made a call to his office. | 夏绿蒂打电话到他办公室 |
[11:25] | Charlotte YorKe. he can reach me at home or at work | 夏绿蒂约克 他可以打到家里或画廊 |
[11:28] | and it’s very important because I have tickets to the opera on saturday. | 这非常重要 因为我有星期六歌剧的票… |
[11:33] | Never mind, just have him call me. | 算了,叫他打给我就是了 |
[11:36] | Her call unanswered, charlotte followed up persistently. | 他没有回电 夏绿蒂坚持追踪到底 |
[11:41] | Can you tell dennis that charlotte YorKe called? | 可以请你转告丹尼斯 夏绿蒂约克来电吗? |
[11:44] | Yes, he’ll know what it’s regarding. | 对,他知道是什么事 |
[11:47] | It’s regarding my future husband, phil. | 这关系到我未来的丈夫菲尔 |
[11:50] | ok? thank you. | 好吗?谢谢你 |
[11:53] | Hi. you’ve reached the office of dennis FinCher. | 你好 这是丹尼斯芬奇的办公室 |
[11:55] | I’m either out of the office or away from my desk. | 我不是离开了办公室 就是不在座位上 |
[11:57] | Please leave a message at the sound of the tone. | 请在提示声后留话 |
[12:00] | Well. obviously, you have some good reason for keeping phil and I apart. | 显然你有某些充分的理由 企图阻止我和菲尔见面 |
[12:06] | I can’t imagine what it is but this is phil’s loss and not mine | 我想像不到是什么但我告诉你 这是菲尔的损失而不是我 |
[12:11] | and don’t bother returning this call either. | 还有这通电话也不必回了 |
[12:18] | While charlotte was a woman on the verge of a nervous breaKdown… | 当夏绿蒂处于精神崩溃的边缘 |
[12:24] | …my anxiety-free relationship was driving me crazy. | 我毫无忧虑的感情生活 快把我逼疯 |
[12:34] | ExCuse me. | -不好意思,抱歉 -失陪一下 |
[12:39] | – sorry it’s taking so long. – that’s all right. | -抱歉,让你等这么久 -没关系 |
[12:43] | I’m gonna have to pass on dinner. it’s getting so late. i’ve got a deadline. | 我不能陪你吃晚餐了 时间太晚了,我得回去赶稿 |
[12:47] | ok. no problem. | 好,没问题 |
[12:49] | My parents get in tomorrow night. they’ll want to crash. | 我父母明天晚上到 他们想在这里过夜 |
[12:52] | But I thought you’d meet us for breakfast the next day. | 后天你和我们一起吃早餐 |
[12:59] | I’ve been thinking about this meeting your parents. | 我一直在想和你父母见面的事 |
[13:04] | – I just wondered if it’s a good idea. – they gonna love you. | -我不知道这是不是个好主意 -他们会喜欢你的 |
[13:09] | No, i’m not worried about that. parents always think i’m adorable. | 不,我不担心这个 长辈一向认为我很可爱 |
[13:13] | – what’s the problem? – Well… | -问题是什么? -万一… |
[13:16] | What if they love me… and if we break up | 万一他们很喜欢我… 如果我们分手 |
[13:20] | you’ll always have to explain to them what happened to the adorable girl. | 你便得一直跟他们解释 那位可爱的女孩怎么了 |
[13:25] | – are you breaking up with me? – no. | -你要跟我分手吗? -不是 |
[13:31] | Where I come from, meeting the parents… oh, so big! | 在我的观念里 和父母见面…是一件大事 |
[13:37] | – you’ll meet them some other time. – ok. | -你改天再和他们见面吧 |
[13:40] | So, I guess we won’t be seeing each other this weekend. | -好 那么这个周末我们不会见面了 |
[13:46] | – i’ll miss you. – maybe that’s good. | -我会想你的 -也许这是好事 |
[13:50] | Maybe we should see each other less then we can miss each other more. | 也许我们应该少见面一点 这样就能多想念对方一些 |
[13:56] | You’re so available to me, and i’m so available to you. | 你总是随传随到 而我也总是随传随到 |
[14:01] | Maybe we’re both too… | 也许我们都太…随传随到了 |
[14:06] | …available. | |
[14:07] | Carrie, it’s no big deal. I have a life. | 这没大不了,我有自己的生活 |
[14:10] | I’m just making room for you. | 只是挪出空间给你 |
[14:12] | You always say the right things. | 你总是说中我心意 |
[14:18] | – goodbye. – bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[14:36] | This is nuts. i’m sabotaging the best relationship i’ve ever had. | 我疯了,我正在破坏 |
[14:40] | It’s better to have a man waiting for you than the other way around. | 自己所拥有过最完美的感情 让男人等你比你等男人好多了 |
[14:45] | – I guess. – and if you hadn’t been available, | -我想是吧 -再说,如果你没空 |
[14:48] | I’d be here alone, just some pathetic dateless freak. | 我就得一个人来 当个没有男伴的可悲怪胎 |
[14:52] | So glad it worked out for you. | 很高兴能陪你来 |
[14:54] | – who are you calling? – i’m not taking this lying down. | -你打电话给谁? -我不会就这么算了 |
[15:01] | Hi. you’ve reached amy and dennis. leave it at the beep. | 这是艾美和丹尼斯的家 请在哔一声后留话 |
[15:04] | Well, here I am at the opera which I planned on going to with phil, | 现在我人在歌剧院 本来我打算跟菲尔一起来的 |
[15:10] | who I guess you’ve decided i’m not good enough for. | 就是我猜你决定 我配不上他的那个人 |
[15:13] | Charlotte? it’s dennis. | 夏绿蒂?我是丹尼斯 |
[15:15] | I’m so sorry. I just got back from a business trip. | 真的很抱歉,我刚出差回来 |
[15:18] | My secretary gave me all your messages. | 我的秘书已经转告我 |
[15:21] | I had no idea you wanted to meet phil so badly. | 你所有的留话 我不知道你这么想见菲尔 |
[15:24] | Well, he sounded nice. it’s not a big deal. | 他听起来是不错的人 这没什么大不了 |
[15:28] | Why don’t I set something up tomorrow evening? 7:30? | 不如明天晚上见面?七点半? |
[15:32] | – you know rudy’s, midtown? – I love that place. | -你知道中区的路迪酒吧吗? -我好喜欢那地方 |
[15:35] | Phil will meet you there. I guarantee it. | 菲尔会在那里等你,我保证 |
[15:43] | I’m so silly. I created all that drama in my head for nothing. | 我好傻,全是我自己胡思乱想 |
[15:49] | – what are we seeing again? – ”Aida.” | -我们要看哪部戏? -“阿伊达” |
[16:01] | – I guess i’m in for another wild ride. – i’d say we both are. | -我准备开始另一趟狂野旅程 -我们两个都是 |
[16:08] | What would happen if I tried one of these? | 如果我吃一颗会怎么样? |
[16:12] | I don’t think they’ve established that it works for women. | 我想那对女人没有作用 |
[16:16] | There’s no harm in trying is there, doctor? | 试试也无妨,对吗,医生? |
[16:21] | Bottoms up! | 干杯 |
[16:28] | 20 minutes later, | 20分钟后 |
[16:30] | Samantha officially became the first woman to land on the moon. | 莎曼珊正式成为 第一个登上月球的女人 |
[16:49] | – isn’t the opera romantic? – even more so with a man. | -歌剧很浪漫吧? -跟男人来看会更浪漫 |
[16:54] | Well, I did expect to be taking phil. | 我确实很想带菲尔来 |
[16:56] | It’s quite a lovely evening you planned for a man you’ve never even met. | 你为一个素未谋面的男人 安排了这么一个美好的夜晚 |
[16:59] | He sounded really nice. | 他听起来真的不错 |
[17:02] | – here. – ThanKs. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[17:44] | You know what, honey, i’m not feeling well. i’m going home. | 亲爱的,我不太舒服 我要回家了 |
[17:47] | – do you want me to come with you? – no, i’m fine. stay, enjoy. | -要我跟你一起走吗? -不,你留下来欣赏 |
[17:51] | It’s all right. i’ll call you. | 没关系,我再打给你 |
[17:58] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[18:00] | I knew it was rude and over-dramatiC, | 我知道这无礼且过分戏剧化 |
[18:03] | but I felt like i’d just seen the phantom of the opera. | 但我觉得刚才好像目睹了 “歌剧魅影” |
[18:15] | Yes, ditching charlotte was slightly hysterical, | 没错,丢下夏绿蒂 是有点歇斯底里 |
[18:18] | but the idea of sitting across from big and natasha | 但坐在大人物和娜塔莎对面 |
[18:21] | through the second act of ”aida” was too emotional to bear. | 看完“阿伊达”第二幕 实在太令人伤感而无法承受 |
[18:30] | This time I knew what was wrong. | 这次我知道是什么事不对劲了 |
[18:32] | The shock of seeing big again not only made my stomach flip | 看见大人物的惊吓 不只让我的胃翻搅 |
[18:36] | it sent my spleen leaping right into my throat. | 还让我的脾脏直接跳进喉咙 |
[18:47] | – hello. – it’s me. i’m really sorry. | -喂? -是我,真的很抱歉 |
[18:51] | – what’s wrong? – I saw big tonight at the opera. | -怎么了? -今晚我在歌剧院看到大人物 |
[18:57] | – that’s why you ditched charlotte. – she told you. was she pissed? | -所以你才丢下夏绿蒂 -她告诉你了,她很生气吗? |
[19:00] | I think she’s swearing off women forever. | 我想她会一辈子远离女人 |
[19:04] | – are you ok? – yeah. i’m great actually. | -你没事吧? -我很好 |
[19:08] | I’m realizing that maybe there is something to this available man thing. | 我发现随传随到的男人 或许有他的好处 |
[19:14] | Yeah. it’s kind of nice. just separate your whites. | 是,蛮好的 只要记得将白色衣物分开洗 |
[19:19] | Now I know I wanna be with a man who wants to be with me. | 现在我知道我想跟一个 想和我厮守的男人在一起 |
[19:24] | I’ve had enough relationship drama for one lifetime. | 我这一生的感情 已经够戏剧性了 |
[19:26] | Shouldn’t you be telling this to aidan? | 这些话你应该告诉艾登吧? |
[19:29] | It’s 3:00 am. i’ll wait until a more civilized hour. | 现在半夜三点 我会等到比较文明的时间再说 |
[19:33] | The next morning I waited until a decent hour to call aidan | 隔天早上我等到一个适当时间 才打去艾登店里 |
[19:38] | and tell him how much I missed him. | 告诉他我有多想他 |
[19:41] | – furniture company. – hi, it’s carrie calling for aidan. | -家具公司 -我是凯莉,请找艾登 |
[19:44] | – he’s not here right now. – he’s not? | -他现在不在店里 -是吗? |
[19:47] | – just tell him I called. – i’ll give him the message. | -转告他我有打来 -我会的 |
[19:51] | – ThanKs. – bye. | -谢谢 |
[19:58] | When I hadn’t heard from him by that evening | -再见 |
[20:01] | I began to get butterflies in my stomach. | 到了晚上我还是没接到他电话 我开始紧张了 |
[20:06] | Hey, i’m not in but pete is. | 我不在家,可是皮特在 |
[20:10] | Hey. it’s carrie. remember me? | 嗨,我是凯莉,还记得我吗? |
[20:13] | The girl you wanted to introduce to your parents. | 那个你想介绍给你父母 认识的女孩 |
[20:17] | I’m just calling to say hey. | 我只是打电话来说声嗨 |
[20:21] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[20:25] | I was getting a dreaded feeling that I had played this all wrong. | 我有一种犯下 天大错误的可怕感觉 |
[20:30] | Suddenly, the idea of losing aidan left me short of breath. | 突然间,失去艾登的想法 让我喘不过气来 |
[20:37] | Meanwhile, miranda was trying not to breathe near steve’s shorts. | 同时,米兰达努力在任何靠近 史蒂夫短裤的地方都不要呼吸 |
[20:46] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛? |
[20:49] | I thought you might need some help with the wash. | 我想你可能需要帮忙洗衣服 |
[20:53] | But there’s nothing like a twist in the third act | 但唯有第三幕的意外转折 |
[20:56] | to spice up even the most banal scenario. | 才能为最平淡的剧情增添趣味 |
[21:01] | And while miranda and steve found new life in the familiar, | 当米兰达和史蒂夫 在熟悉中发现新活力 |
[21:04] | Charlotte was blindly feeling her way through the unfamiliar. | 夏绿蒂正在陌生的环境中摸索 |
[21:11] | ExCuse me. are you phil? | 请问你是菲尔吗? |
[21:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:20] | – are you phil? – I could be. | -你是菲尔吗? -可能是 |
[21:24] | – hi. – well, hello. | -嗨 -你好 |
[21:27] | – are you here to chaperone? – yes, sort of. | -你是来作陪的吗? -算是吧 |
[21:32] | What’s wrong? you couldn’t trust me alone with phil? | 你不放心我跟菲尔独处? |
[21:36] | Charlotte, phil’s not Coming… I never called phil. | 夏绿蒂,菲尔不会来… 我没打给他 |
[21:39] | I didn’t want you to meet him. you’d like him and that could be a problem. | 我不希望你们见面 若是你喜欢他,我就头痛了 |
[21:44] | – what are you talking about? – i’m in love with you, charlotte. | -你在说什么? -我爱上你了,夏绿蒂 |
[21:49] | You can’t be in love with me – you’re married to my friend. | 你不能爱上我 你和我朋友结婚了 |
[21:52] | Things haven’t been great with us, and I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我们之间一直不是很顺利 自从那晚,我便无法停止想你 |
[21:58] | – this is nuts. – don’t leave. | -少胡说八道了 -不要走 |
[22:00] | You kept your single friends away from me so you could cheat? | 你不让你的单身友人和我见面 好让你可以对你太太不忠? |
[22:05] | – you should be ashamed of yourself. – you’re such a spark plug. I love that. | -你应该对自己感到羞愧 |
[22:09] | I’m not interested in starting some married man’s car. | -你就像个火星塞,我爱死了 我对发动有妇之夫的车没兴趣 |
[22:12] | Wait. don’t leave, please. I love you! | 等一下,别走,拜托 我爱你 |
[22:16] | Charlotte, please. I love you. wait. | 夏绿蒂,拜托,我爱你,等等 |
[22:20] | – taxi! – what the hell? | 计程车 搞什么? |
[22:27] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧? |
[22:29] | – are you all right? – yeah, thanks. | -你还好吗? -是的,谢谢 |
[22:33] | – let me help you. – ThanKs. | -让我帮你 -谢谢 |
[22:41] | – i’m trey. – charlotte. | -我叫崔 -我是夏绿蒂 |
[22:46] | And that’s how, in the most dramatic fashion, | 就这样 以一种最戏剧性的方式 |
[22:49] | Charlotte met her new leading man. | 夏绿蒂和她新的男主角相遇了 |
[23:01] | Well, time to pop one of those baby blues. | 该吞一颗蓝色小药丸了 |
[23:04] | Let’s go au naturel this time. | 这次我们自然进行吧 |
[23:06] | No, I really want one. | -不,我真的很想吃一颗 |
[23:11] | – don’t you think it’s good without it? – no, I do not! | -你不认为不靠它也很好吗? |
[23:15] | Let’s save it for those special times. | -我不认为 -留到特别的日子再用吧 |
[23:17] | Give me my pills, goddammit! | 把药丸给我,该死的 |
[23:20] | mark realized he had brought too much intensity to their relationship. | 马克意识到他为这段关系 注入太多激情 |
[23:25] | He wrote samantha a prescription | 他替莎曼珊开了处方 |
[23:28] | and she promised never to call him again. | 她答应永远不再打电话给他 |
[23:33] | You have no messages. | 你没有留言 |
[23:36] | After two days of not hearing from aidan, | 两天没有艾登的消息后 |
[23:39] | I realized only a dramatic gesture could salvage things. | 我发现只有戏剧性的举动 才能挽救局势 |
[23:52] | – you gonna… – hi, how are you? | -你们一定… -你好吗? |
[23:54] | You’re gonna like this. | 你们一定会喜欢这里 |
[24:10] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事? |
[24:12] | You asked me to be here, and I wasn’t sure if I could. | 之前你叫我来 我不确定是否做得到 |
[24:16] | Honestly… I mean, meeting the parents is so… | 老实说…和父母见面真的很… |
[24:21] | Then I realized I wanna meet them but I didn’t know if you still wanted me to. | 后来我明白我想和他们见面 但我不知道你是否仍有此意 |
[24:25] | I’ve called and you haven’t called me, so then I thought i’m just gonna go, | 我一直打给你,而你都没回电 所以我就想干脆直接来 |
[24:30] | because being in a relationship means taking a risK…a leap of faith. | 因为谈感情意味着冒险… 来个180度大转变 |
[24:37] | No matter how many times one might have been disappointed before . | 无论一个人过去对感情 失望多少次 |
[24:42] | I said to myself i’m just gonna show up…beCause you’re a good man. | 所以我对自己说我要现身 因为你是个好男人 |
[24:49] | A really good man. | 一个非常好的男人 |
[24:54] | – why haven’t you called me back? – I was just trying to be less available. | -你为什么不回我电话? -我只是试着不要随传随到 |
[25:01] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[25:06] | You don’t have to do everything I say. | 你不必照我说的每句话去做 |
[25:08] | Well, you’re here now. can I introduce you to my parents? | 既然你来了,我可以介绍你 给我父母认识了吗? |
[25:14] | – won’t they think i’m nuts? – probably. | -他们不会认为我疯了吗? |
[25:17] | They’ll just have to get used to that. | -有可能 他们只好习惯这一点 |
[25:21] | Come on, nuts. | 走吧,傻瓜 |
[25:23] | I realized then, that I had made my stomach flip all on my own. | 我在那一刻发现 原来让胃翻搅的人是我自己 |
[25:29] | And it felt really nice. | 这感觉真的很棒 |