时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Manhattan is a place | 曼哈顿是一个可以24小时 |
[00:51] | you can get anything anytime. | 满足你需求的地方 |
[00:54] | Cabs at 2:00 am. | 半夜两点的计程车 |
[00:59] | Chinese food at 3:00. | 三点的中国菜外卖 |
[01:05] | But you can’t get your dry-Cleaning. | 但不知怎的 你就是拿不到干洗衣物 (干洗店) |
[01:20] | Charlotte was spending her time with trey, | 夏绿蒂和崔正陷入热恋 |
[01:23] | a doctor from family money | 他是个出身豪门的医生 |
[01:25] | who had it all. | 几乎拥有一切 |
[01:28] | All, but all of charlotte. | 除了夏绿蒂以外 |
[01:32] | Apparently trey was one new YorKer | 显然崔是个无法 |
[01:34] | not getting everything anytime. | 随时被满足需求的纽约人 |
[01:41] | Trey is so thoughtful. | 崔实在很体贴 |
[01:43] | I wasn’t feeling well last night… | 昨晚我不太舒服 |
[01:45] | so he took me for some soup | 所以他带我去第七街喝汤 |
[01:47] | on 7th street and then we went to 2nd. | -然后我们迈向了第二 |
[01:49] | Avenue? | -第二街? |
[01:51] | Base. | 第二垒 |
[01:52] | Then did your physics homework with you? | 接着呢?他和你一起做体操? |
[01:56] | No, I wanna take it slow. | 不,我想慢慢来 |
[01:58] | He could be the one. | 他可能是我的真命天子 |
[02:00] | You’ve only known him for two weeks. | 亲爱的,你才认识他两个礼拜 |
[02:02] | You can know his e-mail address, | 你可能知道他的电子邮件地址 |
[02:04] | but not that he’s the one. | 但不会知道他是否为真命天子 |
[02:07] | I just know. and it’s really hard, because he’s very sexy. | 我就是知道 这真的很难,因为他非常性感 |
[02:11] | But I don’t want to ruin it by having sex too early. | 我不想太早和他发生关系 而坏了大事 |
[02:14] | oh, so you’re everything-but-girl. | 这么说你是坚守底线的女孩 |
[02:16] | I like to think of it as… kissing with extras. | 我倒认为是… 有额外赠品的亲吻 |
[02:20] | How very ninth grade of you. | 你真像个九年级生 |
[02:22] | I read that if you don’t have sex for a year you can be revirginized. | 书上说,若一年不从事 性行为,就能够恢复处女之身 |
[02:28] | And probably quite frisky. | 说不定会抓狂 |
[02:30] | But isn’t it great? you can erase your sexual past and start again. | 这不是很棒吗?过去的风流史 可以一笔勾销,重新开始 |
[02:35] | Who wants their virginity back? it was bad enough the first time. | 谁想要回贞操? 第一次的经验已经够糟了 |
[02:39] | How old were you? | 当时你多大? |
[02:42] | Eleventh grade. seth bateman. | 十一年级,他叫赛斯贝特曼 |
[02:45] | His smelly rec room. | 在他家臭气熏天的康乐室 |
[02:48] | Half a joint, three thrusts, finito. | 吸了半根大麻 三次冲刺,完毕 |
[02:52] | And ps, it was on the ping-pong table. | 附注:是在乒乓球桌上 |
[02:58] | Meanwhile, I was doing everything plus with aidan. | 同时,我和艾登百无禁忌 |
[03:01] | I couldn’t get out of bed with him. | 我们简直下不了床 |
[03:03] | My bed was our restaurant, our entertainment, our little new york. | 我的床成了餐馆、娱乐场所 |
[03:08] | open 24 hours. | 是我们的小纽约 二十四小时开放 |
[03:17] | When will they send a search party for us? | 他们什么时候 会派搜索队来找我们? |
[03:20] | – I guess spring thaw. – that’s an awful long time, my friend. | -我猜春天融雪的时候吧 |
[03:32] | Downtown another new YorKer was enjoying her full life. | -真是漫长 在下城,另一个纽约人 |
[03:35] | Samantha had a new apartment in the ultra chic meatpacking DistriCt | 正享受她充实的人生 莎曼珊在极时髦的肉品加工区 |
[03:38] | and a new admirer. | 买了一间新公寓 还多了一个仰慕者 |
[03:41] | Well, there goes the neighborhood. | 我来敦亲睦邻一下 |
[03:45] | Len schneider, 4A. | 我是连恩施奈德,住4A |
[03:48] | – I ColleCt art. – samantha jones, 2D. | -我收集艺术品 -莎曼珊琼斯,2D |
[03:51] | – I guess you ColleCt compliments. – oh, len. stop. | -我猜你收集的是赞美吧 -连恩,放手 |
[03:55] | Really, len. stop. lf you’ll excuse me. | 真的,连恩,快放手 我先走了 |
[04:00] | Listen, I would love to have you come up to my place tonight. | 今晚欢迎你上来我家 |
[04:04] | I make a mean wine spritzer. | 我调的史不立兹酒棒呆了 |
[04:07] | I don’t think so. sorry. | 不用了,抱歉 |
[04:09] | Samantha said sorry but what she really meant was… | 莎曼珊嘴里说抱歉 其实她真正的意思是… |
[04:13] | SinCe when is it acceptable | 一个满头白发的糟老头 |
[04:15] | for over-the-hill losers to ask out hot women like her? | 怎么敢约她这种性感美女? |
[04:18] | I’m keeping you on neighborhood watch. | 我会守望相助 |
[04:23] | And just when samantha thought her day couldn’t get any worse… | 正当莎曼珊以为 |
[04:29] | This is a catalogue for pre-menopausal women. | 今天已衰到极点时… 这是一本给前更年期女性 |
[04:31] | ”new Transitions.” NiCe name. | 看的目录 “新转变”,不错的名字 |
[04:34] | Why don’t they call it what it is? J.Crew for women who are drying up. | 他们何不直截了当地称呼? 适用对象为逐渐干涸的女性 |
[04:38] | FYl, i’m not transitioning. i’m happening. | -我没有转变,我是进行式 |
[04:41] | You’re on the wrong mailing list. | -只是邮寄名单搞错了 |
[04:43] | I shouldn’t have signed up for that ”mirabella” trial subscription. | 我不该接受免费试阅三个月的 “米拉贝拉”杂志 |
[04:46] | I bought a back pillow on line and ended up with catalogues for trusses. | 我在网路上买了一个背枕 结果收到疝带的目录 |
[04:51] | – you got a back pillow?. – at i’m getting old.Com. | -你买背枕? -对,购自“我老了”网站 |
[04:55] | Maybe I could interest you in vaginal lubrication suppositories? | 也许你会对 阴道润滑栓剂感兴趣 |
[05:01] | Listen: ”ten years before menopause you may have symptoms inCluding: | 听好 “在进入更年期的前十年” |
[05:06] | ”all month long PMS, | “你可能会体验的症状包括 长达一个月的经前症候群” |
[05:09] | ”fluid retention, insomnia, depression, hot flushes or irregular periods.” | “水肿、失眠、情绪低落 热潮红或经期不规则” |
[05:15] | But people give up their seats for you on the bus. | 好处是坐公车时 人们开始让位给你了 |
[05:19] | oh, my god! vagina weights. | -我的天,阴道砝码 |
[05:22] | My vagina waits for no man. | -我的阴道可不等人 |
[05:24] | – look. the kegel master. – what’s a kegel muscle? | -你们看,凯格尔肌肉锻练器 -什么是凯格尔肌肉? |
[05:29] | – it helps you sit tight. – and I have one? | -它可以帮助你让阴道紧实 -我也有吗? |
[05:32] | – you don’t do your exercises. – what exercises? | -你这么问就表示你没做运动 -什么运动? |
[05:37] | You have to tighten and release it for ten minutes a day. | 想让阴道紧实 只要一天收缩和放松十分钟 |
[05:41] | Kegel exerCises… i’m doing mine right now. | 凯格尔运动…我现在就在做 |
[05:47] | Man, she’s good. | 她真行 |
[05:49] | Well, I can’t wait for menopause. | 我真希望赶快停经 |
[05:51] | It will be freeing not to have periods. | 没有月经一定很自由 |
[05:54] | I can’t wait till flow stops coming to town. | 我等不及红潮不再报到 |
[05:57] | – no one calls it flow. – my grandmother did. | -没人叫它红潮了 -我奶奶就这么称呼 |
[06:00] | No more mind-numbing cramps. | 不要再有脑人的腹痛了 |
[06:02] | No kidding. i’ve got mine right now. big time. | 说真的,我现在正在痛 痛得不得了 |
[06:06] | – I hear that, sister. – my god, I have my period too. | -我听到了,姐妹 |
[06:09] | We’re all synched up. i’ve heard about that happening. | -我的天,我也正在经期 我们都是同一时间 |
[06:15] | What? i’ll get mine in a few days. | 怎么这么巧 干嘛?我再过几天就来了 |
[06:19] | If samantha was running late, I was running even later. | 如果莎曼珊的经期迟了 那我的就更迟了 |
[06:23] | The ”gab magazine” party was in an hour | “饶舌”杂志的派对快开始了 |
[06:26] | and my dress was at the cleaners. | 我的衣服却还在干洗店 |
[06:31] | oh, please, sir! | 拜托,先生 |
[06:33] | Shit. | 该死 |
[06:35] | Apparently my fabulous party dress would be staying in for the evening. | 显然我漂亮的派对洋装 今晚将留在店里了 |
[06:45] | Miranda and steve decided instead of staying in, they’d go out. | 米兰达和史蒂夫决定不待在家 而要出门 |
[06:51] | SinCe when did it become appropriate to bring babies to restaurants? | 从几时起适合带小孩 |
[06:55] | oh, come on. he’s cute. | 来餐馆吃饭? 很可爱 |
[06:56] | Yeah. god invented baby-sitters for a reason. | 上帝发明保姆是有原因的 |
[07:01] | I don’t think it’s so bad. it’s nice to have babies around. | 我觉得没什么不好 附近有小孩很棒 |
[07:05] | Don’t get me wrong. I love babies, but not with my soup. | 别误会我的意思 我爱孩子,但喝汤时不喜欢 |
[07:09] | oh, my god. look at you. you’re a mess! | 我的天 你看你,吃得脏兮兮的 |
[07:18] | – we should do it. have a baby. – yeah, right. | -我们应该生个孩子 -才怪 |
[07:22] | I’m serious. we’d have a cute baby, not one that looks like KhrushChev. | 我是认真的,孩子一定很可爱 不会长得像赫鲁雪夫 |
[07:28] | – we wouldn’t have to get married. – you’re serious? | -我们可以不必结婚 -你是说真的? |
[07:31] | Yes. the timing is perfect. | 没错,现在时机正好 |
[07:34] | The timing is not perfect. we’ve only been living together for two months. | 时机并不好 |
[07:39] | It’s way too quick. we cannot have a baby. you’re insane. | 我们才同居两个月 太快了,我们不能生小孩 |
[07:49] | Come on. I want a baby. lt’d be fun. | 你疯了 拜托,我想要个小孩 |
[07:53] | It’s not like owning a foosball table. do you know how much work it is? | 很好玩的 这和买一张足球台不一样 |
[07:58] | Yeah, I know. but I can hang out with him during the day. | 你知道养一个小孩多辛苦吗? 我知道,但我白天可以陪他 |
[08:01] | WatCh ”sesame street” while you’re at work, then I go to work at the bar. | 你上班时我们看“芝麻街” 然后我再去酒吧工作 |
[08:05] | And i’d be up all night with the baby, alone and getting no sleep, | 而我整晚都要一个人照顾孩子 不能睡觉 |
[08:10] | then have to get up the next day and work 14 hours to make partner | 隔天早上还得起床 工作14个小时以成为合伙人 |
[08:15] | so I can afford the apartment you’re watching ”sesame street” in. | 这样我才负担得起那间公寓 |
[08:20] | Let’s hope the baby inherits my positive attitude. | 而你却只要看“芝麻街”就好 希望孩子遗传我的积极态度 |
[08:25] | Can we please talk about something else? | 我们可以谈别的事吗? |
[08:28] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[08:35] | While miranda was left contemplating diapers… | 当米兰达正在思量尿布时… |
[08:38] | I was contemplating mcqueen versus GuCCi. | 我则在考虑要穿 麦昆还是古驰的衣服 |
[08:41] | It’s your last ChanCe to attend a fabulous party with a fabulous girl. | 这是你和美女一起参加 盛大派对的最后机会 |
[08:46] | – it’s a party on a boat? – CorreCtion: fancy boat. | -这派对在船上举行? -更正:是豪华的船 |
[08:50] | And ps, the fabulous girl is rumored to be easy. | 附注:谣传美女很容易出轨 |
[08:54] | – what’s the party for? – this new magazine, ”gab”. | -为什么要办派对? -庆祝新杂志“饶舌”创刊 |
[08:58] | – have you read it? – no, I want the celebrity sightings. | -你看过了吗? -还没,我是为了看名人才去 |
[09:01] | I’d be stuck on this boat with all these celebs. | 那么我会和那些名人 一起困在船上 |
[09:04] | And celebrity hangers-on. | 以及名人的跟班 |
[09:06] | It’s tempting, but is it ok if I stay on dry land? | 很吸引人 不过我可以待在陆地吗? |
[09:10] | – of course. – will you still be easy later? | -当然 -等一下你仍然容易出轨吗? |
[09:14] | – is that a proposition? – bon voyage. | -这是个建议吗? -一路顺风 |
[09:18] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[09:36] | The ”gab” party was everything they promised and more. | “饶舌”的派对 比主办单位承诺的还棒 |
[09:39] | Regis philbin, madonna and ”new YorKer” ex-editors were there. | 瑞吉斯菲尔宾、玛丹娜和每个 被开除的“纽约客”编辑都在 |
[09:43] | – hey, thanks. – so, where was l? | -谢谢 -我刚才讲到哪里? |
[09:47] | Unfortunately, trey was doing most of the gabbing. | 不幸的是 多数时候是崔在滔滔不绝 |
[09:51] | – the part about the birthday present. – that’s right. | -生日礼物的部分 -没错 |
[09:54] | My mother gives me this awful machine for sorting Change… | 我妈送我一个 可以分类零钱的机器… |
[09:58] | He has a lot of change. | -他有一大堆零钱 |
[10:00] | …for my birthday. I lied to her and said I loved it. | -我骗她说我爱死了 |
[10:03] | I jumped into a cab and drove that thing right back. | 我跳上一辆计程车 抱着那玩意儿冲回家 |
[10:08] | So there I was, on… 40th and broadway. | 当时我正在… 40街和百老汇大道 |
[10:11] | – I hear a woman yell like a hyena. – I did not! | -听见一个女人像土狼般大叫 -我才没有 |
[10:16] | The cab stops. I almost hit my head on that plastic partition. I got out… | 计程车突然停下来 我的头差点撞上塑胶隔板 |
[10:21] | He told him to stop the meter. | 他叫司机暂停计费 |
[10:23] | And there was charlotte, lying on the street. that’s how we met. | 而夏绿蒂躺在大街上 |
[10:28] | And that’s how we met. | 我们就是这样认识的 |
[10:31] | – that’s very sweet. – oh, and the cabbie got mad. | 我们就是这样认识的 -真浪漫 |
[10:35] | – it’s ok, cos I remember. – anyway, it was fate. | -你忘了司机气疯了那段 -没关系,我记得 |
[10:39] | If my mother didn’t give me bad gifts | -总之,这是命中注定 如果我妈没送我烂礼物 |
[10:42] | this wonderful gift would never have come into my life. | 就不会有这么棒的礼物 |
[10:46] | I’d heard the story at least three times. | 在我生命中降临 这故事我至少已听过三遍 |
[10:50] | Another minute of trey and we would be in a man overboard situation. | 再听崔说下去 |
[10:54] | – hey, i’m gonna go to hit the buffet. – ok. | 我便会忍不住推他下海 -我去拿东西吃 |
[10:58] | Not too hard. | -好 别吃太多 |
[11:02] | As I walked away, I realised I hadn’t seen charlotte that happy in years | 我走开时发现,我已经好几年 没见到夏绿蒂这么开心 |
[11:07] | and with a man she had known for five minutes. | 而且是和一个 她才认识不久的男人 |
[11:12] | And just when I thought I was safe… | 正当我以为自己很安全… |
[11:14] | – hello. – oh, hi. | -你好 -嗨 |
[11:18] | Cheese. | 我在吃起士,你好 |
[11:19] | Hello. | |
[11:21] | …I ran into the man i’d been happy with for five minutes. | 我遇见那个 曾给我短暂快乐的男人 |
[11:24] | – right. well, hi. – I thought I might see you here. | -你好 |
[11:30] | You did? | -我想可能会在这里看到你 |
[11:35] | – where’s natasha? – she missed the boat. | 是吗? -娜塔莎呢? |
[11:39] | I’m sorry. | -她没赶上船 |
[11:43] | Very crowded. | 对不起 |
[11:46] | Well, I gotta… | 好挤 |
[11:47] | Dominick dunne is holding my place in the bathroom line. | 我得… 多明尼克在厕所前面帮我排队 |
[11:53] | Big and I, trapped together on a boat without dates. | 大人物和我困在同一艘船上 |
[11:59] | We were two miles offshore. there was no way off. | 身边都没有伴 我们离岸两哩远,无路可逃 |
[12:02] | Children and women with emotional baggage first. | 小孩和有感情包袱的女人优先 |
[12:05] | Carrie. look what trey gave me. isn’t it beautiful? | 凯莉,你看崔送我的礼物 很美吧? |
[12:09] | Wow. cartier. | 卡地亚的 |
[12:13] | It was a surprise. he said the last few weeks have been special. | 这是个惊喜 他说过去几周很特别 |
[12:17] | And that he’s smitten. look, it’s inscribed. | 我让他神魂颠倒 你看,后面还刻了字 |
[12:21] | Let’s see. ”to charlotte. it’s about time I met you.” | “献给夏绿蒂 我俩相遇正是时候” |
[12:27] | Sweetie, that’s great. | 亲爱的,太棒了 |
[12:29] | – when does this boat dock? – around 10:00. | -这艘船何时靠岸? -大约十点 |
[12:32] | – what time is it? – it’s not set yet. | -现在几点? -还没调时间 |
[12:34] | – it’s pretty. – ThanKs. I better get back to trey. | -很漂亮 -谢谢,我最好回去找崔了 |
[12:39] | I think this is it, carrie. I can feel it. | 我想就是他了,凯莉 我感觉得到 |
[12:44] | one woman’s ”titanic” is another woman’s ”love boat”. | 显然一个女人的“铁达尼” 是另一个女人的“爱之船” |
[12:53] | – boo. – jesus. | -凯莉 -天啊 |
[12:57] | So what was that back there? | 刚才是怎么回事? |
[13:00] | I… I don’t know. | 我…我不知道 |
[13:03] | – can’t we have a conversation? – I don’t know. can we? | -我们不能正常地交谈吗? -我不知道,你说呢? |
[13:11] | Around brooklyn there’s gonna be a mutiny. pass it on. | 布鲁克林区附近将会有 一场叛乱,把这消息传出去 |
[13:17] | – what a spiffy opener. – I try. | -这开场白还不错 |
[13:21] | So what are you? are you… | -我尽力了 那么你呢?你有… |
[13:25] | – are you seeing anyone? – yeah, I am. | -你有交往的对象吗? |
[13:30] | He’s great. he’s perfect, actually. | -是的 他很棒,实际上近乎完美 |
[13:34] | Where is he, mr PerfeCt? | 那位完美先生呢? |
[13:36] | He’s home. I didn’t wanna subject him to the slimy media leeches. | 他在家,我不想让他受到 八卦媒体的污染 |
[13:41] | Good idea. | 好主意 |
[13:42] | Present company excluded. | 不包括目前的同伴 |
[13:45] | – that’s some ouftit, kid. – really? do you think so? | -衣服很漂亮 -真的吗?你这么认为? |
[13:49] | If you like this, you’ll love the one being held hostage on 7 4th and lex. | 若你喜欢这件,那你一定会 |
[14:00] | It’s good to see you. | 爱死被洗衣店扣押的那一件 很高兴见到你 |
[14:04] | The next morning I recovered from my see-Big sickness, | 隔天早上 我从再见大人物的不适中康复 |
[14:08] | while downtown, samantha realised maybe her ship had sailed. | 在下城,莎曼珊意识到 或许她的船已经启航了 |
[14:14] | She was five days late. | 她的月经晚了五天 |
[14:16] | Later we did brunch and bathroom | 稍后我们在“时代咖啡馆” 吃早午餐,并在化妆室聊天 |
[14:22] | – i’m in love with him. – you’re not in love with him. | -我爱上他了 -你没有爱上他 |
[14:25] | You’re in love with the expensive watch he gave you. | 你爱的是 他送你的那只昂贵手表 |
[14:28] | – do you have another? – i’m not tampax central. buy them. | -你还有吗? -我不是供应商,下次记得买 |
[14:33] | I have them at home. but they won’t fit in my kate spade purse. | 我放在家里,但我凯特史贝的 名牌皮包塞不下 |
[14:37] | Wow, kate must have a tiny vagina. | 凯特的阴道必定很小 |
[14:41] | The watch is a sign that he’s in love with me too. | 那只表意味着他也爱我 |
[14:44] | – he’s just in blue ball hell. – sometimes you just know. | -才怪,他是在禁欲的地狱中 -有时候你就是知道 |
[14:49] | We’re the right match. it’s fate. | 我们是天生一对 这是命运的安排 |
[14:51] | It’s not fate. his light is on. that’s all. | 这和命运无关 他的灯号亮了,如此而已 |
[14:55] | – what light? – men are like cabs. | -什么灯号? -男人就像计程车 |
[14:58] | When they’re available, their light goes on. | 当他们是自由身时 灯号就会亮 |
[15:01] | They wake up one day, decide to settle down, and turn their light on. | 等到某天他们决定要安顿下来 便把灯号打开 |
[15:06] | The next woman they pick up is the one they’ll marry. it’s not fate. | 然后娶下一个载到的女人 这不是命运 |
[15:11] | – it’s dumb luck. – I can’t believe that love is random. | -而是碰运气 -我拒绝相信爱情是随机的 |
[15:16] | You gotta get them when their light’s on. | 你必须趁他们灯号亮的时候 抓住他们 |
[15:19] | – men I meet are flashing yellows. – or off duty. | -我认识的男人都在闪黄灯 -或是下班了 |
[15:22] | They can drive around for years and not be available. | 他们可以开车到处乱逛好几年 却不载客 |
[15:26] | They shouldn’t be allowed to get behind the wheel! | 不该准许他们上路的 |
[15:28] | Most men don’t stay lit long before they take the plunge | 大部分男人的灯号很少亮着 |
[15:30] | versus most women who have been lit pretty much since birth. | 反而大部分女人自出生后 灯号便一直亮着 |
[15:34] | That was my last tampon. are you packing? | 那是我最后一个卫生棉条 你有带吗? |
[15:38] | No, I don’t have a tampon and probably will never need one again. | 我没有 而且可能再也不需要了 |
[15:42] | – A ”no” is good enough. – I haven’t had my period in 35 days. | -说“没有”就够了 -我已经35天没月经了 |
[15:47] | – are you…? – no, i’m not pregnant. I’m… | -你是不是… -不是,我没怀孕,我… |
[15:51] | – i’m drying up. – come on. you’re overreacting. | -我干涸了 -别这样,你反应过度了 |
[15:56] | – it was a stupid catalogue. – i’m day-old bread. my time is up. | -只是一本愚蠢的目录 |
[16:00] | Enjoy your flows. | -我是不新鲜面包,期限到了 |
[16:02] | For someone with no period you’ve got a mean case of PMS. | 好好享受你们的红潮吧 |
[16:06] | You have years of miserable cramps ahead of you. | 就一个没有月经的人来说 |
[16:10] | Ladies… | 你的经前症候群还真严重 |
[16:13] | What i’m about to tell you… | 你还得忍受好几年悲惨的经痛 |
[16:16] | may come as a shock. | 姐妹们,我即将说的话 |
[16:24] | I’m a little… | 你们可能会觉得很意外 |
[16:28] | older than you. | 我比你们… 年纪大一点 |
[16:37] | That night I couldn’t stop thinking about time. | 当晚我一直思考时机问题 |
[16:39] | Was every second of our lives controlled by fate? | 我们生命中的每一秒 都受命运左右吗? |
[16:42] | or is life a series of random occurrences? | 或者生命只是一连串的偶然? |
[16:46] | If I wasn’t always ten minutes late, would my life be totally different? | 如果我不是永远迟到十分钟 我的人生会完全改观吗? |
[16:50] | Would I never run into big? would there ever be a good time to see him? | 我是否不可能遇见大人物? |
[16:55] | Was miranda right? | 是否有见到他的好时机? 米兰达说对了吗? |
[16:57] | Is timing everything? | 时机是否决定一切? |
[17:14] | Could you turn that down? i’m working. | 电视关小声一点好吗? 我在工作 |
[17:24] | ok, not low enough. | 好,还不够小声 |
[17:26] | You’re gonna have to get used to the noise with a baby around. | 如果有孩子 你就必须习惯噪音 |
[17:34] | Look. i’ve been thinking about this baby thing. | 听着,我一直在想 关于生孩子的事 |
[17:37] | We’re not in a great place right now. | 我们现在的情况不适合生孩子 |
[17:39] | Can we have this conversation without ”scooby doo”? | 我们讲话的时候 可以不要看“史酷比”吗? |
[17:43] | It’s the one where they find the ghost in the sait mine. | 这一集是演他们在盐矿找到鬼 |
[17:47] | – i’m serious. turn off the cartoons. – but what about the ghost? | -我是认真的,把卡通关掉 -可是鬼怎么办? |
[17:52] | – you know what? forget it. – miranda. | -你知道吗?算了 -米兰达 |
[17:57] | Then miranda realised she may have already had a baby in her house. | 米兰达意识到 她家已经有一个孩子了 |
[18:01] | I wanna shelve this baby thing for a while. | 生孩子的事我想暂时搁置 |
[18:05] | ok, you got it. | 好,没问题 |
[18:08] | Put a coaster under that glass | 在杯子下面放个杯垫 |
[18:09] | and turn off the lights before you come to bed. | 睡觉之前把灯关掉 |
[18:17] | We haven’t had sex in over a week and he wants a baby. | 我们一个礼拜没有性生活 而他想要小孩 |
[18:20] | What’s wrong with this picture? | 这个状况哪里不对劲? |
[18:23] | You can always go the lmmaculate ConCeption route. | 你可以效法圣母玛莉亚 纯洁受孕 |
[18:26] | Seriously, we’re in this shitty place. | 说真的,我们现在关系很恶劣 |
[18:29] | We fight and i’m working long hours for this partner thing. | 我们常常吵架,为了合伙的事 我的工作时间拉长了 |
[18:33] | And he’s using a baby as a Band-Aid for everything that’s wrong with us. | 他把孩子当成绷带 以为可以解决我们所有的问题 |
[18:39] | – what is wrong with you guys? – I don’t know. | -你们出了什么问题? -我不知道 |
[18:42] | It’s like he’s a kid and I end up nagging him all the time. | 就好像他是个小孩 |
[18:47] | I’m mean mommy and no one wants to fuck mean mommy. | 而我老是对他唠叨 我是暴躁的妈咪,相信我 |
[18:51] | oh, I believe you. | 没人想和暴躁的妈咪做爱 |
[18:52] | Maybe i’m sabotaging the relationship so I don’t have to actually be happy. | 我相信你 也许我在破坏这段关系 |
[18:58] | Maybe the problem is me. | 好逃避生小孩和快乐过日子 |
[19:00] | This baby is gonna need a lot of therapy. | -也许问题出在我身上 -这个小孩会需要很多治疗 |
[19:03] | – there is no baby! – ok, mean mommy. | -哪来的小孩? -好,暴躁的妈咪 |
[19:08] | But I do want one eventually and my clock is running out. | 但我终究会想要一个小孩 而我的时间不多了 |
[19:12] | I’ve only got a million viable eggs left. | 我只剩下一百万个有用的卵 |
[19:15] | 300 of which we just killed with those martinis at lunch. | 刚才吃饭时喝的马丁尼 |
[19:20] | That night, samantha got drunk. | 又杀了300个 当晚,莎曼珊喝醉了 |
[19:22] | She had lost her spirit and no pill in the catalogue could CorreCt that. | 她失去了往日的意气风发 |
[19:26] | And so she accepted a date with len. | 目录中没有药物可以治疗 因此她答应和连恩约会 |
[19:29] | After all, day-old bread needed to stick together. | 毕竟,不新鲜的面包 |
[19:32] | – ever been in a cadillac eldorado? – no. | 必须物以类聚 -你坐过凯迪拉克轿车吗? |
[19:36] | oh, those babies are smooth. they have buttons for everything. | -没有 那些宝贝坐起来真稳 |
[19:41] | There’s even a button to adjust your lumbar. great for my hip. | 车上什么按钮都有 甚至还有调整腰锥的按钮 |
[19:46] | Did I tell you I have an artificial hip? | 对我的臀部极有好处 我告诉过你我有个人造臀吗? |
[19:51] | – no. – hard to believe, baby? | -没有 -难以置信吧? |
[19:56] | Samantha couldn’t listen to one more minute of len. | 莎曼珊无法忍受连恩 多说一分钟的话 |
[20:00] | So she slept with him and his hip to shut him up. | 所以她跟他上床好让他闭嘴 |
[20:03] | Yeah, baby. | 好,宝贝 |
[20:05] | Give it to daddy. | 快给爹地吧 -老天 |
[20:15] | – oh, jesus. – what. | -怎么了? |
[20:19] | Baby, either you’re a virgin or flow just came to town. | 宝贝,你若不是处女 |
[20:25] | – my period? – there’s blood everywhere. | 就是月经来报到了 -我的月经? |
[20:29] | oh, my god. that is so… | -到处都是血 |
[20:33] | These sheets are two grand a set. | 我的天,真是太… |
[20:37] | I’m sorry, really very sorry. | 这些床单一套两千块 对不起,我真的很抱歉 |
[20:43] | Samantha said sorry. what she really meant was… | 莎曼珊嘴里说抱歉 其实她真正的意思是… |
[20:46] | there are more young studs in this pre-pre-menopausal woman’s future. | 未来还有很多年轻的性感猛男 |
[20:51] | This is embarrassing. I should go. | 等着她这个前更年期的女人 |
[20:55] | ThanKs for dinner. | 真丢脸,我应该走了 谢谢你的晚餐 |
[20:59] | The next day, miranda was putting in time and a half at her firm when… | 隔天 |
[21:05] | – miranda hobbes. – hey. | 米兰达在事务所加班时… -米兰达霍布斯 |
[21:07] | I’m busy and can’t talk. | -是我 我现在很忙,没时间聊天 |
[21:10] | Meet me in half an hour at 56th and 3rd, ok? | 半小时后在第五十六街 和第三街路口见 |
[21:13] | – I can’t, I got a meeting at 4:00. – come on, it will help. | -不行,我四点要开会 -来吧,会有帮助的 |
[21:16] | – please. – ok. | -拜托 |
[21:23] | – this is not gonna happen. – come on. look at them. | -好吧 -这是不可能的 |
[21:27] | How exactly would this help us? | -过来,你看它们 |
[21:29] | Maybe we’re not ready for a baby. | 这对我们究竟有什么帮助? 也许我们还没准备好生个小孩 |
[21:32] | – this could be a test run. – who would take care of the test run? | -这可以当作一个试验 |
[21:37] | Me. | -谁来照顾它? 我 |
[21:42] | Please, buyer lady. TaKe me home and love me. | 拜托,出钱的小姐 带我回家,好好爱我 |
[21:47] | – you’re insane. – not in front of the puppy! | -你疯了 -不要在狗狗面前说 |
[21:49] | Miranda had been backed into a corner. | 米兰达被逼进了死角 |
[21:52] | Even though she was surrounded by bitches, she didn’t wanna be one. | 虽然四周都是母狗(妇) 她可不想成为其中一员 |
[21:56] | ok. | 好吧 |
[21:57] | Charlotte and trey were performing their usual duet. | 夏绿蒂和崔又在重复 |
[22:01] | …and then I got out and found you. | 平常那套对话 然后我下车发现了你 |
[22:04] | oh, really? I found you. | 真的吗?是我发现你的 -我想我应该进去 |
[22:10] | – I think I should come in. – no, sweetie. | -不,亲爱的 我明天一早要开会 |
[22:14] | I have an early meeting. but thanks, I had a lovely time. really. | 不过谢谢你,我玩得很开心 我也是 |
[22:19] | Me too. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[22:24] | – good night. | – Good night. |
[22:41] | – you’re very persistent. – I wanna tell you something. | -你真是不屈不挠 -我想告诉你一件事 |
[22:45] | – I love you, charlotte. – you do? | -我爱你,夏绿蒂 -真的吗? |
[22:50] | – yeah. – I love you too. | -是的 |
[22:55] | That night, charlotte got everything she wanted. | -我也爱你 |
[22:59] | Trey got a hand job. | 当晚夏绿蒂得到她想要的一切 |
[23:02] | And at 3:00 am miranda was getting nothing but aggravated. | 崔则得到代打手枪的服务 半夜三点,米兰达除了火气外 |
[23:06] | Please, go to sleep. | 什么都没得到 拜托,睡觉吧 |
[23:09] | Please, I beg you. here. look. | 拜托,我求你,你看这个 |
[23:13] | This is supposed to be your mom’s heart beating or…something. | 这就当作你妈咪的心跳… |
[23:24] | – are you happy? – not really. | -你高兴了吧? -不见得 |
[23:27] | We get this puppy. i’m the only one taking care of it. | 我们说好一起养这只狗 |
[23:30] | I’ve been up all night. you’re asleep. this was a huge mistake. | 结果却只有我一个人在照顾它 我整晚都醒着,你睡得倒熟 |
[23:34] | Come on, relax. it will be fine. | 这真是大错特错 放轻松,以后就没事了 |
[23:36] | For you, because you’re not doing anything. | 对你来说是如此 |
[23:38] | He’s just getting used to us. | 因为你什么事都不做 |
[23:42] | PooChie, poochie, puppy boy. | 它只是在适应我们 |
[23:49] | Give mommy a kiss. | 小狗狗… 亲妈咪一个 |
[23:53] | This is it. i’m so sick of you being the kid here. | 就是这样 我真的很厌烦你像个小孩一样 |
[23:57] | I cannot be in charge all the time. we’re supposed to be equals. | 不能什么责任都要我来扛 我们应该是互相支持的搭档 |
[24:02] | You think we can have a baby? we can’t even have a puppy together. | 生孩子? 我们连一起养只狗都没办法 |
[24:05] | – we’re going through a rough patch. – this isn’t a patch. | -我们正经历过度期 -这不是过度期 |
[24:08] | This is it. all the time. and it’s not good. | 一向都是如此 这绝对不是好事 |
[24:14] | Great. so you’re just gonna give up on us, just like that? | 很好,所以你打算就这样 放弃这段感情? |
[24:18] | Not just like that. | 不是就这样 |
[24:20] | I have been trying not to give up on us for a long time. | 我已经努力了很久 不要放弃这段感情 |
[24:25] | – that’s nice. – i’m just being honest. | -很好 |
[24:28] | Then miranda realised something. | -我只是说实话 米兰达领悟到一件事 |
[24:32] | All this time, she thought the problem was her. | 一直以来 她都以为问题在她身上 |
[24:35] | It wasn’t. it was them. | 其实不是 而是他们两个人的问题 |
[24:37] | And there was never a good time to say what she had to say. | 永远没有好时机 说出她必须说的话 |
[24:40] | – this isn’t gonna work, steve. – there’s good stuff, here. | -没有用的,史蒂夫 -我们有美好的回忆 |
[24:45] | Not enough. | 不够 |
[24:47] | A baby would’ve been a quick fix for something that can’t be fixed. | 孩子只是暂时的补救方法 治标不治本 |
[24:53] | – BeCause you don’t want it to work. – that’s so unfair. | -因为你不想继续下去 |
[25:00] | – I don’t wanna fight you anymore. – do you think I do? | -这么说真不公平 |
[25:04] | I don’t know. | -我不想再跟你吵架了 |
[25:08] | Steve… | -你以为我想? 我不知道 |
[25:11] | I really tried. | 史蒂夫… 我真的努力过了 |
[25:15] | That night, miranda lost her partner. | 那夜,米兰达失去了她的搭档 |
[25:19] | The next day, she got a new one. | 隔天,她有了新伙伴 |
[25:23] | Fifteen of them. | 总共有15个 |
[25:33] | Meanwhile, I was still enjoying my one. | 同时,我还是很喜欢我的搭档 |
[25:40] | Do you wanna have a sleepover? | 你想在这里过夜吗? |
[25:45] | Let me set the timer. | 我设定一下计时器 |
[25:47] | I didn’t know about aidan but my light was definitely on. | 我不知道艾登的情况 |
[25:53] | You have one new message. | 但我的灯号绝对是亮着的 |
[25:56] | Hey, carrie, I’m… | 你有一通新留言 凯莉,我… |
[25:58] | I knew who it was. I couldn’t stop big coming back into my life. | 我知道是谁,我无法阻止 大人物重返我的生活 |
[26:02] | But I could stop him from coming out of my machine. | 至少我可以阻止他的声音 从答录机冒出来 |
[26:05] | Hey, you’re out of filters. i’m gonna run down to the korean. | 你的滤纸用完了 我去楼下的商店买 |
[26:17] | – Hey… – yeah? | -凯莉… -什么事? |
[26:21] | You make me really happy. | 你真的让我好快乐 |
[26:26] | – see you in a bit. – ok. | -待会儿见 |
[26:35] | oh, that was very fast. | -好 速度还真快 |
[26:43] | – what are you doing here? – didn’t you get my message? | -你来干嘛? |
[26:46] | No, I paused it. | -你没听到我的留言吗? 我按了暂停 |
[26:48] | – what are you doing here? – that was him, wasn’t it? | 你在这里做什么? 那个人就是他吧? |
[26:52] | – the perfect guy. – yes and he’s coming back, so… | -完美的家伙 -对,他很快就回来,所以… |
[26:56] | Please. | 拜托 |
[26:59] | What do you want? | 你想怎么样? |
[27:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:10] | No, go home to your wife. | 不行,回家去找你太太 |
[27:16] | Go. | 快走 |
[27:20] | I’m so fucked up. | 我把一切都搞砸了 |
[27:29] | I had no idea what else big was gonna say. | 我不晓得大人物还要说什么 |
[27:34] | And i’m not sure what bugged me more. | 我也不确定哪件事让我比较烦 |
[27:36] | That I didn’t know or that I cared. | 是我不知道还是我仍在意 |
[27:40] | Hey, carrie. i’m here on your corner. | 凯莉,我在你公寓楼梯的转角 |
[27:44] | I know you’re home. pick up. | 我知道你在家,接电话吧 |
[27:51] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[27:53] | Well, I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[28:00] | I can’t fucking stop thinking about you. there you have it. | 我无法停止想你,你听见了 |
[28:06] | There it was. ExaCtly what I had needed to hear… | 这正是我从前想听的话 |
[28:09] | a year too late. | 却迟了一年 |
[28:11] | I should have been happy, but I wasn’t. | 我本来应该觉得高兴 |
[28:13] | It was the absolute worst timing of all. | 但是没有 现在绝对是最坏的时机 |
[28:18] | Ten minutes later, aidan still hadn’t come back. | 十分钟后,艾登还是没回来 |
[28:21] | Suddenly my life was all about timing. | 突然间,时机决定了我的人生 |
[28:24] | All the right things said at all the wrong times. | 在错误的时机说了对的话 |
[28:27] | My past coming back way too fast. | 我的过去太早回头 |
[28:30] | And my future taking way too long to come home. | 而我的未来却还回不了家 |