时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | For most New Yorkers, Manhattan is the center of the civilized world. | 对大多数纽约人来说 曼哈顿就是世界文明的中心 |
[00:52] | But for a privileged few… | 对少数享有特权的贵族来说 |
[00:54] | Manhattan is merely a place to kill time between weekends… | 曼哈顿仅是平日消磨时间之处 |
[00:57] | at their fashionably rustic, New York country homes. | 因为他们周末都待在 时髦的乡间别墅 |
[01:00] | Wow, yeah, the place looks great. | 看起来很棒 |
[01:04] | I was willing to forgo the privilege. | 我愿意放弃这个特权 |
[01:06] | -That’s the ”before” picture. -Sorry. | -那是整修之前的照片 -抱歉 |
[01:09] | That’s the after. | -这才是之后的模样 |
[01:12] | Could I see the before again? | -我可以再看一次之前的吗? |
[01:14] | You kinda have to be there to appreciate it. | 你必须亲临现场欣赏它 |
[01:17] | No, I can appreciate it from here. | -我可以在这里欣赏 |
[01:20] | Luckily you won’t have to, since you’re coming up there with me next week. | -幸好你不必 |
[01:23] | I am? | -下周你就要去了 -是吗? |
[01:25] | Man, I wish I could. | 真希望我能去 |
[01:27] | But I have a meeting with my editor in town next week. | 但我下周要在城里和编辑开会 |
[01:31] | That’s all right, it’s only 40 minutes away. | 车程只要40分钟 |
[01:34] | You take the train in for your meeting. Then right back out when you’re done. | 你坐火车去开会 |
[01:38] | You’ve just thought of everything, haven’t you? | 结束之后再回来 你一切都设想好了,不是吗? |
[01:41] | Pack your bags, little lady. | 打包行李,小姐 |
[01:43] | You’re comin’ to the country with me | 你要和我去乡下了 |
[01:47] | That’s Miranda, I gotta go. We’ll talk about this later. | 是米兰达,我们晚一点再谈 |
[01:50] | -Nothing left to talk about. -Yes, there is. | -没什么好谈的了 -有 |
[01:53] | -I’ll be right down. -I’m coming up. | -我马上下去 |
[01:58] | See… | -我上来了 好吧 |
[01:59] | I’m what you call a bona fide city girl. | 我是名副其实的城市女孩 |
[02:02] | I’m a girl-about-town. | 我是属于都会的女孩 |
[02:04] | I’m the kind of girl that goes to a late movie in the middle of the week. | 我是那种平日会去看 |
[02:09] | -I’m crazy. -I know it. | 晚场电影的女孩,我很疯狂 我知道 |
[02:12] | -Hi, there. -Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[02:13] | Could you tell your little pal, Steve, to call his insurance company? | 可以请你转告史蒂夫 打给他的保险公司吗 |
[02:17] | They can’t find him and they think that I’m his in-case-of-emergency person. | 他们仍然以为 我是他的“紧急连络人” |
[02:21] | So, he needs to update that whole file. | 他得更新档案才行 |
[02:23] | I know he wants to talk to you about some stuff, too. | 他也有事想跟你说 |
[02:28] | Like what? | -譬如? |
[02:30] | Some stuff. | -反正有事 |
[02:31] | No, what is he gonna tell me? | 他要跟我说什么? |
[02:33] | Now that Jessica’s gone, he wants to start seeing me again? | 现在洁西卡走了 他又想和我交往? |
[02:36] | That he can’t stop thinking about me? That he’s still in love with me? | -他还爱着我? |
[02:39] | Steve’s got testicular cancer. | -史蒂夫得了睾丸癌 |
[02:43] | That I’m a horrible, selfish bitch? | 我是个自私讨厌的坏女人? |
[02:47] | Several blocks south, Charlotte also found herself… | 往南几条街 |
[02:50] | in a compromising position. | 夏绿蒂也处于妥协的姿势 |
[02:52] | Whatever it is you’re doing, don’t stop. | 无论你正在做什么 不要停下来 |
[02:55] | It’s a fertility exercise. | -这是生殖能力强化运动 |
[02:58] | I know a better one. | -我知道一个更好的 |
[03:01] | No, not yet. | 还不行,我的基础体温表显示 |
[03:03] | My basal body temperature reading says I won’t be ovulating for another five days. | 我再过五天才要排卵 |
[03:07] | Perfect. That means we have five days of practice to get it right. | 那太好了 我们有五天可以练习 |
[03:10] | No, we can’t. | 不行,你得保存你的精液 |
[03:11] | You need to conserve your juices till then, so they’ll be at their most powerful. | 让精子的活动力到达巅峰 |
[03:15] | Darling, I’m juicy now. | -亲爱的,我现在就很兴奋了 |
[03:18] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | -对不起 |
[03:20] | we’ve been trying for three months, and I don’t wanna take any chances. | 我们已经努力三个月了 我不想冒险 |
[03:24] | Can’t it wait until Saturday? | -不能等到星期六吗? |
[03:26] | We’re gonna be in Connecticut on Saturday. We promised mother. | -我们要去康乃狄克州看妈妈 |
[03:29] | I know. | 我知道,我在想我们可以 |
[03:30] | But I was thinking maybe we could stay here and concentrate on this. | 留下来全神贯注做这件事 |
[03:34] | She’s expecting us. | 她很期待我们去,如果我们 |
[03:36] | We miss the orchid show, she’ll be devastated. | 错过兰花展,她会非常失望 |
[03:39] | Then I guess we’ll just have to have sex at your mother’s. | 那我们得在你妈家做爱 |
[03:43] | People having sex in Connecticut? | 康乃狄克人会做爱吗? |
[03:46] | There’s a first time for everything. | 凡事都有第一次 |
[03:54] | It’s no big deal. | 这没什么大不了 |
[03:55] | The doctor said it’s very trendy now. | 医生说这种病现在很流行 |
[03:58] | Lance Armstrong had it, the Drew Barrymore guy. | -兰斯阿姆斯壮也得过… |
[04:00] | Everybody’s getting it. It’s the TiVo of cancers. | -人人都在得 |
[04:03] | That’s right, it’s no big deal. | -这是很热门的癌症 -这没什么大不了 |
[04:05] | He’s just gotta get in there and snip one of those guys out of there and I’m done. | 只要拿掉一个睾丸就行了 |
[04:09] | Good, so, then it’s stage one, right? I looked it up on the net. | 所以这算是第一期? |
[04:14] | Yeah, I guess so. | 我上网查过 |
[04:15] | You guess so? You don’t know? | -我猜是吧 -你猜是吧?你不知道吗? |
[04:19] | What? Sure, stage one, you have the operation. | 当然,这是第一期,要先开刀 |
[04:23] | No, stage one, the cancer hasn’t spread to the lymph nodes. Has it? | 不,所谓第一期是癌细胞 尚未扩散到淋巴结,对吧? |
[04:28] | Your doctor gave you an ultrasound, right? | 你的医生有帮你照超音波吗? |
[04:31] | -A CAT scan? -You know, I mean… | 电脑辅助断层扫描呢? |
[04:35] | I turned my head, I coughed. He poked around a little. | 你知道…我转头、咳嗽 |
[04:38] | Who is this doctor? Has he got a storefront outside Port Authority? | 这个医生到底是谁? |
[04:41] | No, he’s nice. | 他很好 |
[04:43] | I got him through my HMo. | 我经由保健组织找到他的 |
[04:45] | Then he must be good. | 那他肯定医术高超 |
[04:48] | Steve, look… | 我和事务所里一些 |
[04:49] | I talked to some guys in my office who have been through this. | 有过这经验的男同事谈过… |
[04:53] | -Miranda– -Don’t worry, I used a pseudonym. | 我用的是假名 |
[04:55] | They gave me the name of a specialist at Beth lsrael. | 他们介绍我去看一位专家… |
[04:58] | You don’t have to do that. You don’t have to do anything. | 你不必做任何事 |
[05:02] | I have a doctor, it’s no big deal. | 我有医生,这没什么大不了 |
[05:04] | Will you stop saying that? It is a big deal! | 拜托你不要再这么说了 这是很严重的事 |
[05:07] | This isn’t your crazy yellow toenail. This is cancer. | 这不是脚趾甲发黄的小毛病 这是癌症 |
[05:11] | The longer you wait to find out what’s going on… | 你拖得越久不去检查清楚 |
[05:14] | the longer we sit here having this conversation… | |
[05:16] | the more likely it is that the cancer will spread and that you will die. | 癌细胞就越可能扩散 然后你就死掉了 |
[05:20] | It is a big fucking deal! | 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[05:23] | All right. | |
[05:28] | I made him cry. No, first, I yelled at him. | 我把他弄哭了 |
[05:30] | I yelled at my friend, the cancer patient. Then I made him cry. | 我先对一位癌症病人大吼 然后再把他弄哭 |
[05:34] | It’s understandable. I mean, you just lost your mom. | 这是可以理解的,你刚经历 |
[05:37] | I’m sure you have a lot of pent up, residual anger. | 丧母之痛,满腔怒火无处宣泄 |
[05:40] | Maybe, but he was just pissing me off. | 也许吧 但最主要是因为他惹我生气 |
[05:42] | Sounds like he needed the kick in the ass, which you gave him. | 他的屁股需要狠狠踢一下 |
[05:45] | You know what you need? | 你知道你需要什么? |
[05:47] | A nice, relaxing weekend with me at Aidan’s country house. | 跟我去艾登的乡间小屋度周末 |
[05:51] | You’re not going, are you? | 你不是真的要去吧? |
[05:52] | If by ”going” you mean being taken against my will and kidnapped… | 如果你是指心不甘情不愿 |
[05:56] | then yes, I’m going. So, enjoy me now, ladies. | 被绑架去的话,没错 |
[05:59] | Because this weekend I’m a hick town hostage. | 这个周末我是个人质 |
[06:02] | I can’t go, Steve has cancer. | 我不能去,史蒂夫得了癌症 |
[06:05] | Somebody has to stay in town and make him feel bad about it. | 得有人让他正视问题的严重性 |
[06:08] | You’re at the Connecticut compound? | 你会在康乃狄克的别墅? |
[06:13] | Come on! It’s like we’re living in Paris… | 拜托,这就像住在巴黎 |
[06:16] | and running off to Provence for the weekend. | 然后周末去普罗旺斯一样 |
[06:18] | What is it about the weekends now? | 周末有什么好问的?阵亡将士 |
[06:20] | I swear to God, every guy I’ve fucked since Memorial Day wants to know… | 纪念日后跟我上床的每个家伙 |
[06:24] | what I’m doing this weekend. They just don’t get it. | 都想知道我周末要干嘛 |
[06:26] | My weekends are for meeting new guys… | 他们就是不明白 |
[06:29] | so I don’t have to fuck the old ones. | 我的周末是用来认识新的男人 |
[06:31] | That’s a no, I guess? | 所以这是拒绝? |
[06:34] | I guess I’ll have to brave the wilderness on my own. | 我得独自面对荒郊野外 |
[06:37] | No. | 不是独自,还有艾登 |
[06:38] | Not on your own, with Aidan. | |
[06:40] | And I love Aidan. | 我爱艾登 |
[06:42] | And Aidan loves the country. | 艾登喜欢乡下 |
[06:44] | Maybe I’ll love the country. | 所以或许我也会喜欢乡下 |
[06:45] | Just because Aidan loves the country, you have to love it, too? | -因为艾登喜欢乡下? |
[06:48] | Apparently that’s how it works. | -显然情况必须如此 |
[06:50] | You need to pretend to be someone else, to be in a relationship. | 你得在一段感情中伪装自己? |
[06:53] | No, I believe the word you’re looking for is ”compromise.” | 不,我相信这叫做妥协 |
[06:57] | It’s true. Trey loves golf, so, I’m taking golf lessons. | 崔爱打高尔夫球 所以我就去学 |
[07:01] | Trey loves Bunny, so, I’m ovulating at the orchid show. | 崔爱邦妮 所以我决定在兰花展中排卵 |
[07:04] | Which hick town is it exactly? | -乡间小屋位在哪里? |
[07:07] | It’s too terrible and too ironic. | -这真是讽刺到极点 |
[07:12] | It’s Suffern. | 在沙佛,纽约的沙佛 |
[07:15] | Suffern, New York. | (音似受苦) |
[07:18] | Sounds like you better take some Buffer’n to Suffern. | 看来你最好带一些 “百服宁”去沙佛了 |
[07:34] | Well? | 到家了 |
[07:41] | There’s a lake right over there. one mile. | 这附近有一个湖,一哩远 |
[08:01] | This floor’s all original. Dates back to 187 4. | 这是原来的地板 可以追溯到1874年 |
[08:05] | The plumbing’s 197 4, so, of course, it needs work. | 水电管线是1974年装设的 所以需要整修一下 |
[08:11] | But I put in a hot water heater all by myself. | 我加装了热水器 |
[08:13] | What do you think? Scary as you thought it’d be? | 你觉得怎么样? 跟你想的一样恐怖? |
[08:16] | No. God, no. | 不,天啊,不会 |
[08:19] | It was scarier. | 是更恐怖 |
[08:21] | Good. | 那好,我先把这东西放到后面 |
[08:23] | Let me stick this stuff in the back. And I’ll give you the grand tour. | -我再带你四处参观 |
[08:27] | I’ll be here. | -我在这里等你 |
[08:40] | So, there I was… | 我被困在即使以内战标准来看 |
[08:41] | trapped in a cabin that was outdated even by Civil War standards… | 都很老旧的小屋 |
[08:45] | when I could’ve been out cocktailing, and sample sale-ing. | 原本我大可喝着鸡尾酒 |
[08:52] | -oh, God! -What is it? | 在派对上招蜂引蝶的 |
[08:54] | What happened? Are you okay? | 怎么了?发生什么事? 你还好吧? |
[08:56] | No! | 不好,我的天 |
[08:57] | oh, my God! | |
[08:59] | There was a huge, giant squirrel in that window, right there. | 窗户边有一只巨大的松鼠 |
[09:06] | That’s my squirrel. | 那是我的松鼠 |
[09:07] | I’ve been sneaking little nuts out there. | 我一直偷偷喂它 |
[09:09] | Hoping he’d come make friends, and he did. | 希望能和它做朋友 |
[09:12] | You can’t be friends with a squirrel. | 你不可能和一只松鼠做朋友 |
[09:15] | A squirrel is just a rat with a cuter outfit. | 松鼠只是长得比较可爱的老鼠 |
[09:18] | -Is that right? -”That’s my squirrel”? | 是吗? |
[09:21] | Any more Wild Kingdom surprises I should know about? | 那是我对松鼠的定义 |
[09:24] | Let’s see, just…. | 还有什么我该知道的惊喜吗? 我想想… |
[09:32] | Hours later, we discovered one satisfying way… | 几个小时后 我们发现了一个令人满意 |
[09:35] | to pass the time in the country. | 在乡下消磨时间的方式 |
[09:38] | Just not enough time. | 只是时间还不够久 |
[09:40] | There I was, miles from home, hours from sleep… | 现在的我,离家数十哩 离睡觉还早得很 |
[09:43] | with no one to talk to, nowhere to go, and nothing to do except…. | 没有聊天的对象、无处可去 无事可做,除了… |
[09:49] | Three hours, two mosquitoes, and one too many Vodka Kool-Aids later… | 三个小时,打了两只蚊子 以及一杯伏特加调酒之后 |
[09:54] | I finally found an outlet for my computer, but not my frustration. | 我总算找到插座连接电脑 但我的挫折仍无法宣泄 |
[10:06] | Relationships, no matter how good… | 无论多美好的感情 |
[10:08] | are inevitably a series of compromises. | 都必然有一连串的妥协 |
[10:11] | But how much of ourselves should we be willing to sacrifice… | 我们应该愿意为另一个人 |
[10:14] | for the other person before we stop being ourselves? | 牺牲多少自我? |
[10:17] | In a relationship… | 在一段感情中 |
[10:18] | when does the art of compromise become compromising? | 妥协的艺术何时派上用场? |
[10:24] | Meanwhile, back at the center of the civilized world…. | 同时,回到文明世界… |
[10:29] | So… | 你下礼拜周末要做什么? |
[10:31] | what are you doing next weekend? | |
[10:37] | What did I say? | 我说了什么? |
[10:38] | Tired of being the ”wake up and smell the coffee” girl… | 不想再当个 “起床便要煮咖啡”的女人 |
[10:41] | Miranda invited Steve over for tea and sympathy. | 米兰达邀请史蒂夫来喝茶 并接受同情 |
[10:44] | or, in Steve’s case, Chinese food and Chop Socky. | 或者以史蒂夫的角度而言 享用中国菜和动作片 |
[10:48] | I thought you hated these movies. | 我以为你讨厌这种电影 |
[10:50] | Yeah, but you don’t. | 可是你喜欢 |
[10:51] | And the guy at Video Village said this one rocks, so…. | 录影带店的人说这部超好看 |
[10:56] | You want the last spring roll? | -你要吃最后一条春卷吗? |
[10:58] | No, that’s yours. | -不,那是你的 |
[10:59] | No, I don’t want it. You have it. | 我不想吃,你吃吧 |
[11:02] | Shit! | 他们忘了送茶,你想喝茶吗? |
[11:04] | They forgot the tea. Did you want tea? I could make some. | -我来泡 |
[11:07] | That’s it, I’m outta here. | -我要走了 |
[11:08] | -Why, where are you going? -Home. | -你要上哪儿去? -回家 |
[11:11] | You think I wanna stay here, and be treated like some fuckin’ cancer patient? | 你以为我想被当成 癌症病人对待吗? |
[11:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[11:16] | Since when don’t you want the last spring roll? | 你为何不想吃最后一条春卷? |
[11:19] | You usually eat them all. I’m lucky if I see one. | 你每次都把春卷吃光 |
[11:21] | I’m sorry, I felt bad. | 对不起,我觉得很内疚 |
[11:24] | In the park, you needed a shoulder to cry on. | 当你在公园想要个肩膀哭诉时 |
[11:26] | -And I was a total bitch to you. -Yeah, you were. | 我却像个妇一样对你吼 |
[11:30] | Thank God, because I have a doctor who knows what he’s doing. | 没错,谢天谢地 现在我有个脑袋清楚的医生了 |
[11:33] | I scheduled my operation, and I have insurance that’s gonna pay for it. | 我准备动手术,保险会支付 |
[11:38] | So, thank you for being a huge bitch. | 谢谢你当个妇 |
[11:43] | Give me that spring roll. | 给我那条春卷 |
[11:48] | The next day at the MacDougal’s Connecticut compound… | 在麦克道格位于康乃狄克州的 花园别墅里 |
[11:51] | Bunny gave Charlotte a tour of her nursery. | 邦妮带夏绿蒂参观她的温室 |
[11:54] | Since my boys have all grown up… | 自从我的孩子们长大之后 |
[11:57] | my orchids have become my babies. | 这些兰花就变成我的宝贝 |
[12:00] | And this year, Waxie Hanahan’s Chocolate oncidium… | 今年薇丝汉纳罕的 巧克力文心兰 |
[12:03] | will be no match for my Rising Suns. | 绝不是我“旭日东升”的对手 |
[12:06] | -They’re exquisite. -I’m pleased you think so, Charlotte. | -它们好精美 -我很高兴你这么想 |
[12:09] | I’ve re-potted this one for you to take home. | 我已经移植了这盆给你 |
[12:12] | -No, I couldn’t. -But I insist. | -我不能收 -但我坚持 |
[12:15] | A gift in anticipation of the great gift you’re giving me. | 期盼你将送我的大礼 所以先送你一份礼物 |
[12:22] | What gift is that? | -什么大礼? |
[12:23] | Why, a grandchild, my dear. | -亲爱的,一个孙子 |
[12:26] | You mustn’t be cross with Trey for telling me. | 别因为崔告诉我而生他的气 |
[12:29] | He knows how anxious I am… | 他知道我很渴望有个 |
[12:31] | to have a wee MacDougal to carry on the family name. | 小麦克道格来传宗接代 |
[12:38] | I couldn’t get any sleep at all last night. The silence out here is deafening. | 我根本睡不着 |
[12:42] | You are in the country. | -这里的寂静会让人耳聋 |
[12:45] | Then I go to take a shower and there’s no water. | -你在乡下 接着我去淋浴却没水 |
[12:48] | So, now, he’s working on the pipes all day… | 所以他整天都在修水管 |
[12:51] | so, I finally had to leave the house before I dehydrated. Welcome to Frozen Cup. | 我得在脱水之前离开这房子 |
[12:56] | Yes, I’d like a cheeseburger, please, large fries, and a Cosmopolitan? | 我要一份起司汉堡 大薯条和一杯四海为家酒 |
[13:01] | What? | -什么? |
[13:02] | A strawberry shake, please. | -一杯草莓奶昔 |
[13:04] | Where are you? | -你在哪里? |
[13:05] | I’m at the Frozen Cup in Ho-Ho-Kus. | -荷荷克斯的“冷冻杯” |
[13:08] | I had to freaking drive to New Jersey to get cell service, and, apparently… | 我得开车到新泽西 手机才收得到讯号 |
[13:12] | the only way to get anything to eat in the country is to make it yourself. | 想吃东西的唯一办法 |
[13:16] | I’m in no mood for Bisquick. | 就是自己动手做 但我没心情烤面包 |
[13:18] | It could be worse. | 邦妮正为她的孙子挑选学校 |
[13:19] | Bunny’s already picking names and schools for her grandchild. I’m not even pregnant. | 而我甚至还没怀孕呢 |
[13:24] | She wouldn’t let the cook put shrimp in my omelet. | 她还吩咐厨子 别在我的煎蛋卷里放虾子 |
[13:26] | You have a cook? | 厨子?我这州离你那州多远? |
[13:28] | How far is my country from your country? | |
[13:30] | How is the house? | -房子怎么样? |
[13:32] | What house? | -房子?什么房子 |
[13:33] | He’s got squirrels running there. It’s Animal Farm. | 松鼠四处出没 简直是动物农场 |
[13:36] | Four legs good, two legs bad. | -四脚的好过,两脚的痛苦 |
[13:38] | -You didn’t say that to him, did you? -No. | -你没对他说这种话吧? |
[13:40] | He thinks I love it. I don’t even know what I’m doing out here. | 他以为我爱死那房子了 我不知道我干嘛要来 |
[13:44] | You’re keeping him company. | -你是去和他作伴 |
[13:45] | I’m trying, but he’s out there hoeing. | -我有努力,但他在外头干活 |
[13:48] | So, try harder, go hoe. | 那就再努力一点,去干活吧 |
[13:50] | All right. | |
[13:53] | So… | 我们要把这些铁路枕木 |
[13:56] | what are we gonna be doing? Are we gonna be schlepping… these railroad ties over to the mudhole? | 搬到那边的喷泥洞吗? |
[14:02] | -Yes. -All righty, then. | -是的,别把自己弄伤了 |
[14:03] | -Don’t hurt yourself. -I’m not gonna hurt myself. | -我不会弄伤自己的 |
[14:06] | All right, you ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[14:08] | Here you go. | |
[14:11] | -You okay? -I’m fine, it’s just mud. | -你还好吧? |
[14:15] | okay. | -没事,只有泥巴而已 |
[14:16] | oh, God. okay, go! | 加油… |
[14:27] | Shit! | 可恶 |
[14:33] | okay, I’m not being helpful anymore. | 我帮不上你的忙了 |
[14:36] | I think I should get back to the city. | 也许我该回城里去 |
[14:41] | I have that meeting to get ready for. | 我要为开会做准备 |
[14:48] | And several showers to take. | 还要洗好几次澡 |
[14:52] | Four hours later, I kissed Aidan good-bye… | 四个小时后,我向艾登吻别 |
[14:54] | kicked the mud off my boots, and had a New York steak with my New York ex. | 和我的前男友在纽约共进牛排 |
[14:58] | I tried, I really did, but nature and me… | 我试过了,但大自然 |
[15:00] | it’s unnatural. And I love being with Aidan. | 和我的组合…就是不自然 |
[15:03] | I mean, there’s no one in the world that I would rather be…. | 我喜欢和艾登在一块 全世界我只想跟他… |
[15:07] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:08] | -Is it okay to talk to you about this stuff? -Go ahead, I’m okay. | -跟你说这些没关系吗? |
[15:12] | Good. I’m glad that we can talk about this stuff. And listen… | -说吧,我没事 |
[15:15] | -if you meet someone, I want you to feel– -I met someone. | 我很高兴我们可以谈这种事 |
[15:28] | Who is she? | 如果你认识了什么人… 我认识了某个人 |
[15:30] | If I tell you, you can’t tell anyone. | -她是谁 -若我告诉你,你不能说出去 |
[15:33] | Is she… | 她是你想像中的女友吗? |
[15:35] | your imaginary girlfriend? | |
[15:37] | She’s an actress. | 她是个演员,薇洛桑莫斯 |
[15:40] | Willow Summers. | |
[15:42] | She’s not an actress, she’s a movie star. | 她不是演员,她是个电影明星 |
[15:44] | Did you see that Spy Girl movie? I thought she was pretty good. | 你有看那部女侦探的电影吗? 她演得很好 |
[15:47] | I don’t know about that. I do know she wears many wrong things on the red carpet. | 但她在星光大道上的穿着 |
[15:51] | I cannot believe you are dating… | 错误百出 我真不敢相信你居然跟一个… |
[15:55] | someone named after a tree. | 与树同名的女人约会 (薇洛为柳树之意) |
[15:58] | -She’s really something. -How did you meet her? | -她真的很有魅力 -你怎么认识她的? |
[16:00] | She came up to me at her premiere thing and asked for a light… | 她在首映会上走过来向我借火 |
[16:04] | and said, ”I have two vices, smoking and green-eyed men.” | 她说“我有两个坏习惯 抽烟和迷恋绿眼的男人” |
[16:08] | -She’s a smoothie. -We talked, had a few… | -她嘴巴蛮甜的 -我们聊天、喝了几杯酒… |
[16:13] | went up to her hotel… | 回到她住的饭店 |
[16:16] | dress comes off… red panties. | 脱了衣服…红色的内裤 |
[16:20] | Kept her high heels on. I lifted her up, I put her on the bed– | 她仍穿着高跟鞋 我抱起她、将她放到床上… |
[16:24] | okay, that’s plenty. Thanks. | 够多了,谢谢 |
[16:27] | That was about 30 seconds. I think I did pretty good. | 差不多有30秒 我想我的风度还不错 |
[16:30] | How’s the stock market treating you these days? | -你在股市混得如何? |
[16:33] | The thing of it is, I can’t get her out of my head. | -我忘不了她 |
[16:37] | She’s crazy about me. | 她为我疯狂 |
[16:39] | Willow Summers is crazy about me. | 薇洛桑莫斯为我疯狂 |
[16:41] | Someone’s crazy. | -肯定有人疯了 |
[16:43] | I’m not kidding. When I walked home from her hotel– | -我不是开玩笑的 |
[16:46] | -You walked? -Yeah. | -当我从她的饭店走回家… -你用走的? |
[16:49] | I thought, this is something. | 我心想 |
[16:51] | There’s something here. | “我们之间真的有感觉” |
[16:54] | A connection. | 默契 |
[16:56] | Yeah, the red panty, green-eyed connection. | 红色内裤和绿眼的默契 |
[16:59] | Fuck. | 妈的,我想我恋爱了 |
[17:02] | I think I’m in love. | |
[17:07] | As I walked off my Big dinner, I realized I’d gone from pretending… | 我明白我已从假装不讨厌乡下 |
[17:10] | I didn’t hate being in the country… | |
[17:12] | to pretending I didn’t hate listening to Big’s Willow talk. | 转而假装我不讨厌 听大人物谈薇洛的事 |
[17:15] | I may have been back in the city, but now I was really suffer’n. | 或许我回到了城里 但现在我真的在受苦 |
[17:28] | one thing was clear. I had to get back to the country. | 有一件事很清楚 我必须回到乡下 |
[17:31] | But this time, I wouldn’t rely on the country to provide the entertainment. | 但我不打算靠它提供娱乐 |
[17:35] | I would take the entertainment with me. | 我决定自己带,也就是… |
[17:38] | otherwise known as Samantha. | 莎曼珊 |
[17:41] | -What’s next, Samantha? -You’ve got to be kidding me. | -下一步是什么,莎曼珊? |
[17:44] | Come on. | -你一定是在说笑吧 |
[17:45] | -We’re baking a pie here. -You’re baking a pie. I’m just baking. | -我们要烤一个派 -那是你,我只是在烤而已 |
[17:48] | It’s hotter here than it is outside. | 这里面比外头还热 |
[17:50] | Can’t we turn on the air conditioning? | 难道不能开冷气吗? |
[17:53] | one cup of milk. | 一杯牛奶 |
[17:54] | No, we can’t. There is no air conditioner. | 不能,这里没有冷气 |
[17:59] | or milk for that matter. | -也没有牛奶 |
[18:02] | What time’s the next train? | -下一班火车是几点钟? |
[18:04] | No, you can’t go. | 你不能走 |
[18:05] | You have to entertain me when Aidan goes to bed in an hour. | 艾登睡觉之后你得娱乐我 |
[18:08] | You lured me here under false pretenses. | 你用藉口把我骗到这里来 |
[18:11] | I told you that it was rustic. | -我告诉过你这里很朴实 |
[18:13] | Honey, don’t kid yourself. It’s a dump. | -少开玩笑了,这里真破烂 |
[18:16] | Aidan worked very hard on this place. | 艾登在这房子下了很多功夫 |
[18:19] | Did you know that he put that hot water heater in all by himself? | 他一个人装设热水器 |
[18:23] | With his own bare hands. | 凭他的赤手空拳 |
[18:25] | Actually, I was wearing gloves at the time… | 其实,当时我有戴手套 |
[18:27] | but thanks for the shout out. | 不过还是谢了 |
[18:30] | Is it hot in here or is it just me? | -是这屋里热还是只有我? |
[18:32] | It isn’t you. | -不只是你 |
[18:35] | I’m pre-heating the oven. | 我在预热烤箱 |
[18:37] | It couldn’t be any hotter in here. | 这里不可能更热了 |
[18:40] | or could it? | 还是有可能? |
[18:43] | Who’s the farmer with the delts? | 那个有三角肌的农夫是谁? |
[18:49] | Young McDonald? | 小麦唐诺? |
[18:51] | Ee-yi-ee-yi-oh! | |
[18:52] | That’s Luke Gilmore. Came out here from the city after the last big market crash. | 那是路克吉摩尔 股市崩盘后就来到这里 |
[18:56] | He doesn’t say much, kinda keeps to himself. | 他话不多,人很内向 |
[19:00] | So, what does he do out here? | -他在这里做什么? |
[19:02] | Pushups, by the look of him. | -从外表看来是伏地挺身 |
[19:08] | oh, no. | 你想干嘛,莎曼珊? |
[19:10] | What are you up to, Sammy-Jo? | |
[19:12] | Honey… | 如果我们要烤派 |
[19:13] | if we’re gonna bake us a pie… we’re gonna need us some milk. | 就需要一些牛奶才行 |
[19:27] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗? |
[19:37] | -You lost? -No. | -你迷路了? -不是 |
[19:40] | I’m staying next door, and I’m baking a pie from scratch. | 我住在隔壁 我正自己动手烤派 |
[19:43] | And I suddenly realized… | 却发现牛奶刚用完了 |
[19:46] | fresh out of milk. | |
[19:49] | Help yourself. | 请自便 |
[20:07] | You from New York City? | -你来自纽约? |
[20:09] | Yes. | -是的 |
[20:10] | But only until I can afford a little farm all my own. | 但等我买得起一个小农场 就不再是了 |
[20:19] | Ever milk a cow before? | 以前挤过牛奶吗? |
[20:21] | No. | |
[20:24] | But something tells me I’d be very good at it. | 不过某个东西告诉我 我会做得很好 |
[20:32] | Squeeze off the milk with your thumb and forefinger. | 用拇指和食指挤出牛奶 |
[20:36] | Then roll down into a fist. | 然后往下转,握成拳状 |
[20:38] | Squeeze and roll. | 先挤再转 先挤再转 |
[20:43] | Squeeze and roll. | 先挤再转,我想我学会了 |
[20:45] | I think I can do that. | |
[20:48] | Squeeze and roll. | 先挤再转,先挤再… |
[20:50] | Squeeze…. | |
[20:55] | I usually get a little warning before that happens. | 通常这种事发生前 我会得到一点警告 |
[21:00] | I guess it just takes practice. | 我想只要多练习就行了 |
[21:04] | Anything else around here need milking? | 还有其他东西需要挤奶吗? |
[21:10] | While Samantha worked up an appetite… | 当莎曼珊开胃时 |
[21:12] | Trey, are you up here? | 崔,你在哪里? |
[21:13] | …Charlotte’s eggs were ready. | 夏绿蒂的卵也准备好了 |
[21:15] | -in the bath. -It’s time. | -我在洗澡 |
[21:17] | I’m ovulating. | -时间到了,我要排卵了 |
[21:18] | So, get out of the tub, get into this bed, and make love to me, right now! | 快从浴缸出来 立刻上床跟我做爱 |
[21:24] | Charlotte, I was just telling Trey… | 我正跟崔说你常常让我想起 |
[21:26] | how much you remind me of myself at your age. | 在你这年纪时的我 |
[21:36] | There you are. | 原来你在这里 |
[21:37] | -What are you doing in here? -What were you doing up there? | 你在这里做什么? |
[21:40] | Up where? What do you mean? | -你们刚才在浴室做什么? -什么意思? |
[21:42] | What do I mean? Your mother was watching you bathe. | 你妈在看你洗澡 |
[21:45] | She was not. We were having a conversation while I was in the bath. | 她不是在看我 我们在我洗澡时聊天 |
[21:49] | I don’t know how you were brought up. | 我不知道你是怎么被带大的 |
[21:51] | But that is not acceptable parent-child bath-time behavior past the age of 5! | 但过了五岁之后 |
[21:56] | Even 4 in some cases. | 陪同洗澡就是不可接受的行为 |
[21:58] | If you think that I’m bringing a child into that… | 要是你以为我会那样教养小孩 |
[22:01] | that I will be that kind of mother, then you better think again. | 或我是那种母亲,最好再想想 |
[22:04] | She may have raised you like that, but I am not your mother. | 她那样把你带大 但我可不是你的母亲 |
[22:09] | I was raised by a woman… | 我是被一个叫伊娃奈尔的 |
[22:12] | named Eva Neal. | 女人带大的,她是我的保姆 |
[22:14] | She was my nanny. | 我没什么和母亲相处的印象 |
[22:18] | I don’t remember ever seeing my mother… | 除了她上完网球课 |
[22:21] | ever, except after her tennis lesson and before the cocktail hour… | 以及鸡尾酒时间前 |
[22:25] | when she would draw me a bath and tell me how she’d spent her day. | 她会替我洗澡 然后告诉我她一天的生活 |
[22:29] | So, I know, I have always known… | 所以我知道,我一直知道 |
[22:31] | that you could never ever be that kind of mother. | 你绝对不会变成那种母亲 |
[22:36] | That’s my ovaries. I’m ovulating. | -是卵巢提示铃,我正在排卵 |
[22:39] | We’d better get to work. | -我们最好赶快开工 |
[22:41] | okay, but I have to get in the right position. | 我得采取正确的姿势 |
[22:44] | Wait, stop, not like that. I have to get my legs up. | 等等,我必须把腿抬高 |
[22:47] | While trying to make a baby… | 当夏绿蒂和崔努力制造宝宝时 |
[22:48] | Charlotte and Trey accidentally destroyed Bunny’s… | 他们也毁了邦妮的 |
[22:51] | and Waxie Hanahan’s Chocolate oncidium… | 而薇丝汉纳罕的巧克力文心兰 |
[22:54] | won first prize for the second year in a row. | 则再次夺冠 |
[22:58] | Back in New York… | 在纽约,迎接病人史蒂夫的是 |
[22:59] | the patient, Steve, was greeted by a patient Miranda. | 耐心的米兰达 |
[23:10] | You’re up. | 你醒了,你还好吗? |
[23:12] | How are you? | |
[23:15] | on drugs. | 麻药还没退 |
[23:18] | -How long you been here? -Not long. | -你来多久了 |
[23:22] | A while. | -没多久…一会儿了 |
[23:23] | Is that okay? | 手术顺利吗? |
[23:26] | I…. | -我跟医生谈过 |
[23:29] | I talked to the doctor. | -他怎么说? |
[23:30] | Yeah, how’s he? | 他说下面一切看来 |
[23:33] | He said everything looked pretty good down there. | 都蛮不错的 |
[23:36] | I told him, frankly, I’d seen better. | 我告诉他我看过更好的 |
[23:39] | Sorry. | -抱歉 |
[23:40] | Visiting hours are over. You’re going to have to leave now. | -会客时间结束 |
[23:44] | No, I’m sorry, I don’t think so. | -现在你必须离开 -对不起,我不这么认为 |
[23:46] | -Are you a family member? -I’m his in-case-of-emergency person. | -你是他的家人吗? -我是他的“紧急连络人” |
[23:50] | It’s okay, Miranda, if you wanna go– | 如果你想走没关系 |
[23:52] | Shut up or I’ll give you a sponge bath. | 闭嘴,要不然我就帮你擦澡 |
[23:56] | Twenty minutes. | 只有二十分钟 |
[23:59] | Drink your juice. | 喝点果汁 |
[24:06] | Meanwhile, on his farm, Young McDonald had Samantha. | 同时,在他的农场里 小麦唐诺和莎曼珊一拍即合 |
[24:19] | That was good. | 感觉真好 |
[24:22] | You’re a man of few words, but they’re all the right ones. | 你话虽少,但却字字珠玑 |
[24:26] | What are you doing next weekend? | 你下礼拜周末要做什么? |
[24:32] | Look! | 你看,我做好派皮了 |
[24:34] | I made crust! | 现在我们只要放进苹果 |
[24:36] | Now all we have to do is put apples in and it’s pie. | 它就是派了 |
[24:39] | -Look at that. -No, you don’t understand. | -还真了不起 -你不明白 |
[24:42] | The only thing that I have ever successfully made in the kitchen is a mess. | 我在厨房唯一制造过的东西 |
[24:46] | And several little fires. Come on, you feel like peeling some apples? | 就是混乱和几场火灾 你想削几颗苹果吗? |
[24:50] | -I feel like taking a shower. -Now? | -我想去淋浴 -现在? |
[24:53] | No! | 你整天都在外面忙 |
[24:54] | You’ve been outside all day, and I’ve been cooped up in here. | 我一直被关在这屋里 |
[24:57] | Look, we’ll do it together. lt’ll be fun, all right? | 我们一起做吧,很好玩的 |
[25:04] | -It’s a squirrel! -God damn it! | -啊!天…妈的 |
[25:06] | -God! -Are you okay? | -松鼠来的 |
[25:08] | No, I am not okay! | -你还好吧? -不,我不好 |
[25:11] | I burned my legs! | 我烫到我的腿了 |
[25:14] | And I…. | |
[25:16] | God! | |
[25:17] | I hate that squirrel! I hate this oven! | 我讨厌那只松鼠 我讨厌这烤箱 |
[25:21] | I hate… | 我讨厌…这里 |
[25:23] | this! | |
[25:24] | -House, just say it, you hate the house. -I hate the house. | 房子,你讨厌这房子 |
[25:27] | Thank you. | -我讨厌这房子 -谢谢 |
[25:29] | I’m sorry, I just…. | 对不起,我只是… |
[25:33] | I don’t belong here. I don’t know where anything goes… | 我不属于这里 我不知道每个开关是什么 |
[25:36] | and I burned my legs. | 而且我还烫到腿,真的很痛 |
[25:38] | -It really hurts. -Come here. | |
[25:41] | Jump up here. Come on. | 坐上来 |
[25:48] | Where is it? oh, there it is. | 在这里 |
[25:57] | Is that better? | 这样好一点了吗? |
[26:02] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:06] | I don’t hate the house. | 我不讨厌这房子,我讨厌松鼠 |
[26:09] | I hate the squirrel. | |
[26:11] | The squirrel’s not so bad. | 松鼠没这么糟糕 |
[26:14] | The house, it’ll get better. | 这房子会越来越好,你等着看 |
[26:17] | You’ll see. | |
[26:19] | Maybe from now on I should come on the weekends. | 也许我应该只在周末的时候来 |
[26:21] | Yeah, or every other weekend. | -或是每隔一星期 |
[26:27] | -I don’t have to come at all. -okay. | -我根本不必来 |
[26:38] | Weekends are good. | 周末来还可以 |
[26:53] | one slow train ride and two fast-food apple pies later…. | 一趟缓慢的火车 以及两份速食苹果派后… |
[26:57] | -These are surprisingly delicious. -I know. | 这真是出乎意料地美味 |
[27:00] | Why would anybody go to the trouble of making one… | 可以买到这么完美 |
[27:02] | when you can buy one that’s so perfect, and individually sized? | 又大小一致的派何必自己做? |
[27:06] | -Wait a minute, hold still, sweetie. -What? | 等一下,别动 |
[27:11] | Souvenir? | -纪念品? |
[27:12] | -Please, I am never leaving this city again. -Taxi! | -我再也不会离开这个城市 |
[27:18] | Actually, the country’s looking pretty good to me right about now. | 其实,我现在觉得 乡下风景挺美的 |
[27:21] | Really, so, you’ll be back next weekend? | -这么说你下周末还会去? |
[27:25] | Not next weekend, no. | -不会是下周末 |
[27:26] | So, when are you going back? | -不然是什么时候? |
[27:30] | You gonna finish that pie? | -你还要吃那个派吗? |
[27:33] | In the end, of course, Aidan and I compromised. | 最后,艾登和我各退一步 |
[27:36] | He spent money on air conditioning. | 他花钱装冷气 |
[27:38] | And I spent enough time in Suffern to realize… | 我便在沙佛待久一点 |
[27:41] | that city girls are just country girls… | 发现城市女孩 其实跟乡村女孩一样… |
[27:45] | with cuter outfits. | 只不过外表比较亮丽 |
[27:46] | I got a cab! | |
[27:56] | Subtitles conformed by SoFTlTLER |