时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | New York welcomes and shelters… | 纽约欢迎并提供庇护给… |
[00:48] | the tired, the poor, the persecuted… | 疲倦的、贫穷的、受迫害的人 |
[00:50] | who have been forced to leave their homes at the whim of a ruling class. | 他们为了逃避统治而远离家园 |
[00:55] | Therefore, it’s ironic that all Manhattanites… | 因此,曼哈顿人要是 |
[00:58] | face the same horrible uncertainty, knowing that any day… | 生活面临不安定实在讽刺 |
[01:02] | they may have to utter the tragic words.: | 或许有一天 他们会遇到这种悲剧 |
[01:04] | My building’s going co-op. | 我的公寓要变成合作式大厦了 |
[01:07] | Did you get the tomatoes? | 你有买番茄吗? |
[01:09] | My building’s going co-op. | 我的公寓要变成合作式大厦了 |
[01:13] | I have to move, this is a nightmare. | 我得搬家了,真是噩耗 |
[01:17] | Why don’t you just buy the place? | 你为什么不买下来? |
[01:19] | Yeah, okay, sure. That’s a great idea. | 好,没问题 |
[01:23] | Why not? | -真是个好主意 |
[01:24] | Aidan, I just charged tomatoes. | -有何不可呢? |
[01:26] | I really don’t think I’m in a position to buy an apartment. | 番茄我是赊帐的 我也没有打算买公寓 |
[01:29] | I am. | -我正有此意 |
[01:32] | -You are? -Yeah. | -是吗? |
[01:35] | I had no idea. | 我从不知道 |
[01:41] | You have a girlfriend, moneybags? | -阔佬,你有女友了吗? |
[01:43] | Afraid so, and she’s sexy and I like it. | -她很性感,我很喜欢 |
[01:47] | Figures. | 我也这么想 |
[01:48] | Seriously. | 说真的,你想认真谈谈吗? |
[01:51] | -You wanna talk about this? -You’re not buying my apartment for me. | 你不能为我买下公寓 |
[01:55] | Not for you, for us. | 不只为你,是为我们 |
[01:57] | I could sell my place and buy this place and that place next door. | 我可以卖掉现居,买下这里 还有隔壁那一间 |
[02:01] | We could tear down that wall. | 我们可以把那面墙打掉 |
[02:04] | We could live together. | 我们可以住在一起 |
[02:06] | So then… | 然后呢? |
[02:09] | are you…. | 你算是我的房东还是室友? |
[02:10] | Would that make you my landlord or my roommate? | |
[02:13] | Little of both. | -都可以 |
[02:14] | -What would the rent be like? -Like… | -房租怎么算? |
[02:19] | this? | 用这个付怎么样? |
[02:27] | Does that include utilities? | 有包括用具吗? |
[02:30] | No. Think about it. | 你考虑一下 |
[02:34] | I have to admit, I was tempted by his offer. | 他的提议让我心动 |
[02:37] | We were spending almost every night together already… | 我们几乎每晚一起过夜 |
[02:39] | and we were in love… | 而且正在热恋 |
[02:41] | and moving is such a pain in the ass. | 搬家又是一件麻烦事 |
[02:44] | And so were the hormone injections… | 夏绿蒂每晚要做的 |
[02:46] | Charlotte was facing nightly. | 荷尔蒙注射也一样麻烦 |
[02:48] | I don’t approve of this, Charlotte. | 我不赞成这么做 |
[02:51] | You’ve got more hormones in you than a teenage boy. | 你的荷尔蒙比一个青少年还多 |
[02:53] | This is what we have to do now. | 这是我们当前该做的 |
[02:56] | We ought to try to have a baby the old-fashioned way. | 我们应该回到传统的方式 |
[02:59] | Why don’t we sit around and wait for a stork? | -干脆等天上掉下婴儿来 |
[03:01] | -The doctor said there’s still a chance. -A very, very slim chance. | -还是有机会的 |
[03:04] | That’s good news. | -机会渺茫 -这算是好消息 |
[03:05] | If you had a patient who had a very slim chance of living, would that be good news? | 病人生存的机会渺茫 算是好消息吗? |
[03:09] | Would you tell the family, ”Buck up, he’s got a shot in hell”? | 你会告诉家属 他在地狱里还有机会吗? |
[03:13] | -Point taken. -That’s why we have to move on to in vitro. | -你说的对 -我们得做试管婴儿 |
[03:16] | It took Peggy Woodruff seven years to conceive. | 佩姬伍卓夫尝试了七年 |
[03:19] | -Who’s Peggy Woodruff? -A woman I met in the elevator. | -她是谁? -我在电梯间认识的人 |
[03:21] | A lot of couples have trouble conceiving, and they get through it. | 很多夫妻都有怀孕的问题 |
[03:25] | In our building, there are six couples who have been through in vitro. | 我们这栋就有六对 |
[03:28] | What did you do? Put up a flyer in the lobby: | 你还发问卷吗? |
[03:31] | -”We’re barren, how about you?” -We’re not barren. | “我们不孕,你们呢?” |
[03:34] | We’re reproductively challenged. | 我们不是不孕,只是较难受孕 |
[03:37] | And Peggy invited us over on Friday night to hear all about their experiences. | 佩姬周五邀请我们到她家 |
[03:41] | Isn’t that nice? | 听取经验 |
[03:42] | As tempting as that sounds… | 听起来真有趣 |
[03:44] | we have the Scottish Society Highland Fling Friday night. | 我们星期五要参加 苏格兰高地抛舞 |
[03:47] | Do we have to fling? | -我们一定得去吗? |
[03:48] | Yes, it’s a family tradition. | -是的,那是家族传统 |
[03:51] | First comes spring, then comes fling. We go every year. | 通常是春天过后举行 |
[03:54] | okay, but when are we gonna talk to the Woodruffs? | 我们每年都去 那我们什么时候拜访伍卓夫? |
[03:59] | I don’t wanna talk to the Woodruffs. I’m a doctor. | 我不想跟他们谈 |
[04:01] | I’m familiar with in vitro. | 我是医生,我知晓试管婴儿 |
[04:03] | It’s a very invasive procedure… | 那很痛苦,成功率低 |
[04:05] | the success rate is extremely low, and it can take years. | 所需时间又长 |
[04:08] | I know, honey, so, just in case… | 我知道,以防万一 |
[04:10] | I put us on the list for a Mandarin baby. | 我登记领养中国小孩 |
[04:14] | As Charlotte’s plan for parenthood progressed with or without Trey… | 当夏绿蒂独自进行着养儿计划 |
[04:19] | I began to wonder if Aidan’s plan was progressing without me. | 我开始怀疑艾登是不是 也背着我进行他的计划 |
[04:26] | He never officially moved in… | 他没有正式搬进来 但是到处都是他的物品 |
[04:28] | but his stuff was everywhere. | |
[04:35] | It’s not unusual | |
[04:38] | to be loved by anyone | |
[04:43] | It’s not unusual | |
[04:45] | to be loved by anyone | |
[04:49] | When I see you hanging around | |
[04:53] | with anyone | |
[04:56] | It’s not unusual to see me cryin’ | |
[05:11] | You’re getting engaged! | -你要订婚了 |
[05:12] | I threw up. | -我吐了 |
[05:13] | I saw the ring and I threw up. That’s not normal. | 我看到戒指,然后呕吐 这不是正常 |
[05:16] | That’s my reaction to marriage. | 这就是我对婚姻的反应 |
[05:18] | What do you think you’ll do if he asks? | -要是他求婚怎么办? |
[05:20] | -I don’t know. -Just say yes! | -我不知道 |
[05:23] | It hasn’t been long enough. | -答应他 -还不够久吧? |
[05:25] | Has it? | -是吧? |
[05:26] | Trey and I got engaged after only a month. | -我一个月就订婚了 |
[05:28] | How long before you separated? | -过了多久分居? |
[05:30] | We’re together now, and that’s what matters. When it’s right, you just know. | -我们又在一起了 |
[05:34] | Carrie doesn’t know. | -当一切都对了,你会知道的 -凯莉不知道 |
[05:35] | -Carrie threw up. -So, it might not be right. | -凯莉吐了 -所以可能不对 |
[05:38] | Maybe this is all happening because my building is going co-op. | 或许是因为我的公寓 要被收回了 |
[05:41] | Is this a real estate merger? | 我是因为没房子住才嫁? |
[05:43] | Am I a real estate bride? | |
[05:45] | If there were unlimited apartments in Manhattan, we’d all be single forever. | 要是曼哈顿有无限的公寓 我们就会永远单身 |
[05:49] | What did the ring look like? | -戒指怎么样? |
[05:52] | That’s the other thing. | -这又是另一件事 |
[05:55] | The ring was not good. | -戒指不好看 |
[05:58] | What do you mean? | -什么意思? |
[06:01] | It was a pear-shaped diamond… | 那是梨型钻石带金边 |
[06:03] | with a gold band. | |
[06:06] | No wonder you threw up. | -难怪你会吐 |
[06:08] | It’s just not me. | -一点都不适合我 |
[06:09] | You wear gold jewelry. | -你穿戴金饰 |
[06:10] | Yeah, like ghetto gold, for fun. | -就好像假的宝石 |
[06:13] | But this is my engagement ring. | 但却是我的订婚戒指 |
[06:17] | I helped pick the ring. | 那是我帮忙挑的 |
[06:21] | -You knew about this? -Aidan wanted a female perspective. | -你事先知情? -艾登需要女性的意见 |
[06:24] | P.S., I was a pregnant woman shopping for a ring with a man… | 我怀着身孕,跟一个 |
[06:28] | who’s not the baby’s dad. It’s not exactly my dream scenario. | 不是孩子父亲的男人去挑戒指 -一点也不梦幻 |
[06:31] | -At least you’re pregnant! -Will you yell at me every time I mention it? | -至少你怀孕了 |
[06:34] | Because we’ve got another seven months to go. | 你要继续这样对我吗? 我还有七个月才生 |
[06:36] | I’ll just say… | 我就说 |
[06:38] | ”I’m not ready to get engaged yet… | “我还没有订婚的准备” |
[06:40] | ”but I love you… | 但是我爱你,我想要跟你同居 |
[06:42] | ”and I wanna live with you.” | 你们觉得怎么样? |
[06:44] | -How does that sound? -Like a ”no.” | -就像是拒绝 |
[06:46] | It’s a ”yes” to living together. That’s a big deal, a first for me. | -但我答应和他同居 |
[06:49] | -Don’t I get some credit for that? -Try to be nice… | 这是我的第一次 没有人给我一点肯定吗? |
[06:53] | because down the road you might wanna marry him. | 态度要好一点 毕竟你可能会想嫁给他 |
[06:55] | I’m gonna have to act surprised. | 我要假装很惊讶 |
[06:58] | I wonder when it’s gonna happen. | 不知道是什么时候? |
[07:01] | -You know when he’ll do it? -No. You’re on your own. | -你知道吗? |
[07:03] | I am no longer involved. | -这个跟我无关 |
[07:06] | Now you’re not involved. | 这下又跟你无关了? |
[07:08] | Now that I’m stuck with the bad ring. | 我居然要得到一只烂戒指? |
[07:11] | See, that’s a nice ring. He should have known that ring wasn’t me. | 你的戒指真好看 艾登应该知道不适合我 |
[07:16] | How can I marry a guy who doesn’t know which ring is me? | 我怎能嫁给买错戒指的人? |
[07:19] | Exactly, honey. Wrong ring, wrong guy. | 你说的没错 错误的戒指,错误的对象 |
[07:27] | Is it true what Charlotte said? Does anybody really know when it’s right? | 夏绿蒂说对了吗? 你真的知道什么时候是对的? |
[07:31] | And how do you know? Are there signs? | 你怎么能确定? |
[07:34] | Fireworks? Is it right when it feels comfortable… | 有征兆吗?还是会放烟火? |
[07:37] | or is comfortable a sign that there aren’t any fireworks? | 只要感觉对了就对了吗? 还是这是不好的征兆? |
[07:42] | Is hesitation a sign that it’s not right… | 犹豫代表时机不对 |
[07:45] | or is it just a sign that you’re not ready? | 还是我还没准备好? |
[07:48] | In matters of love… | 爱情这件事 |
[07:50] | how do you know when it’s right? | 你怎么知道什么是对的? |
[07:52] | Downtown, Samantha was meeting with Mr. Wright… | 在市中心,莎曼珊和理查会面 |
[07:55] | Mr. Richard Wright, that is. | |
[07:57] | The hotel magnate slash mega-client who was fast becoming… | 这个饭店大亨让莎曼珊 |
[08:00] | the pain in her ass. | 一个头两个大 |
[08:02] | You’re seven minutes late. | -你迟到了 |
[08:03] | It took me 15 minutes to get through your labyrinth of a lobby. | -我花了15分钟 才通过你的大厅 |
[08:07] | Where’s my London hotel? | 我的伦敦饭店呢? |
[08:09] | Bobby De Niro spends the weekend at Blakes and I get knocked off the page. | 劳勃狄尼洛选择布雷克饭店 却不到我这里来 |
[08:13] | That little fucker has stayed at my place! | 他曾经在我这里住宿 |
[08:15] | We gave him the fucking penthouse suite! | 我们让他住阁楼套房 |
[08:17] | Now, did you ask somebody what happened… | 你有去调查发生什么事 |
[08:19] | or did you just spend the morning accessorizing? | 还是整个早上都在打扮? |
[08:22] | I talked to the travel editor. | 我跟旅游编辑谈过了 |
[08:24] | I pulled two of our ads. It won’t happen again. | 不会再发生了 |
[08:26] | I also got a full-page feature on the Barcelona property out of it. | 我还拿到巴塞隆纳的资料 |
[08:32] | Not bad. | 不错 |
[08:34] | May I sit down now? | -我可以坐下了吗? |
[08:36] | What the hell? | -随便你 |
[08:43] | What’s with you, female trouble? | 你怎么了?女人的问题? |
[08:45] | Let’s just talk business, shall we? | 我们谈公事,好吗? |
[08:48] | Come on, you can tell me, I’m human. | -你可以告诉我,我是人 |
[08:51] | All evidence to the contrary. | -所有的证据显示你不是 |
[08:57] | I love that you’re not scared of me. | 我喜欢你不害怕我这一点 |
[09:02] | My best friend might be getting engaged. | 我最好的朋友可能要订婚了 |
[09:07] | She didn’t ask you to be a bridesmaid? | 她不请你当伴娘? |
[09:09] | It’s just, why does everyone have to get married and have kids? | 为什么大家都得结婚? 真是迂腐 我跟你意见一致 我喜欢到处拈花惹草 |
[09:12] | It’s | |
[09:14] | so You’re preaching to the converted. | |
[09:16] | I like to sleep around… | clich谷. |
[09:17] | whisk somebody off to Rio if the mood strikes me. | 我需要有人陪我到里约热内卢 |
[09:20] | It’s the perfect nine-hour flight. | 在飞机上度过美好的九小时 |
[09:24] | Dinner on the jet, wake up in Brazil… | 在飞机上用晚餐,在巴西起床 |
[09:28] | and spend the weekend in my little five-star hotel. | 在我的五星级饭店度周末 |
[09:33] | Who needs a wife when you have a life? | 有生活享受何必要老婆? |
[09:37] | That’s all I’m saying. | 我就是这个意思 |
[09:44] | Meanwhile, Miranda had been waiting… | 米兰达一直在等 |
[09:46] | for the right place and the right way… | 适当的时机地点 |
[09:48] | to tell Steve about the baby. | 告诉史蒂夫孩子的事 |
[09:50] | -You want sprinkles? -Steve, I’m pregnant. | -你要巧克力粉吗? -我怀孕了 |
[09:53] | Instead she settled for right now. | 她选择“当下” |
[09:55] | -You’re what? -I’m pregnant. | -什么? -我怀孕了 |
[09:59] | And it’s yours. | 是你的 |
[10:01] | That’ll be $6. | -总共是六块钱 |
[10:05] | You sure? | -你确定吗? |
[10:06] | I’ve only had one shot in the last few months and it was you. | 过去几个月我只做过一次 那就是你 |
[10:09] | I’m the only guy you’ve had sex with? | -你只跟我上床? |
[10:11] | It’s been a slow summer. | -这是个漫长的夏天 |
[10:14] | okay, we’re done here. | 好了,我讲完了 |
[10:21] | I guess it’s good to know that my one ball is still working. | 知道我的睾丸还有作用 |
[10:28] | So, what now? | 是个好消息 所以,现在怎么办? |
[10:31] | -I’m gonna have it. -No way! | -我要生下来 |
[10:33] | When we were together, I wanted to have a baby, you weren’t ready. | -我们交往的时候 你说过你不要小孩 |
[10:37] | I’m still not ready, but when am I ever gonna be ready? | 我还是没准备好 但是更待何时? |
[10:40] | Man, I just went into so much debt opening my bar. | 我开酒吧欠了一大笔债 |
[10:43] | -I’m thinking maybe I should sell it. -No. | 或许我应该卖了它 |
[10:46] | You don’t have to do anything. I’ll take care of the baby and support it… | 你不需要做任何事 我自己照顾小孩 |
[10:49] | And you can visit whenever you want, but it’s not gonna be your problem. | 你可以来探望 但是不必负责任 |
[10:53] | It’s my decision, and it’s just something I want to do for me. | 这是我为自己做的决定 |
[10:57] | Then why did you wanna talk to me about it? | 那你为什么要告诉我? |
[11:01] | I just thought you should know. | 我想你有权利知道 |
[11:06] | Later that week, I decided to head Aidan off at the pass… | 我决定自行制造机会 |
[11:09] | by taking him out to dinner… | 邀他出来吃晚餐 |
[11:11] | and accepting his proposal. | 并接受他的提议 |
[11:13] | So, yes. | 所以,答案是好 |
[11:16] | I say yes to living together. I think that we’re ready for that step. | 我们住在一起,该是时候了 |
[11:20] | We still have to work out the money ’cause I don’t want a free ride. | 金钱方面再协调 |
[11:24] | We’re still individuals. | 我们还是经济独立 |
[11:25] | But we’ll be sharing a life and an apartment. | 但是我们将共同生活 艾登,我很乐意与你同居 我真的很高兴,凯莉 -因为还有另一件事… -失陪一下 -你还好吗? -我要去洗手间 |
[11:32] | Yes, Aidan… | |
[11:34] | I would love to live with you. | |
[11:38] | That makes me really happy… | |
[11:41] | because there’s something else I wanna ask you. | |
[11:43] | -Would you excuse me for a minute? -Sure, are you okay? | |
[11:47] | I’m just gonna go to the bathroom. | |
[12:02] | God. | |
[12:11] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[12:13] | Are you talking to me? | -你在跟我说话吗? |
[12:17] | No. | -不是,抱歉 |
[12:18] | No, I wasn’t. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:32] | Did you want dessert? | -你要吃甜点吗? |
[12:34] | No. I would say no to desserts. | -我不要 |
[12:38] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[12:43] | Listen, Carrie. | 听着,凯莉 |
[12:57] | I know that you wanted to pay… | 我知道你… |
[13:02] | but let me get this… | 想要付钱,但是让我来 |
[13:05] | because your rent’s about to skyrocket. | 你的房租要大涨了 |
[13:09] | Give me a little something. Yeah. | 过来亲我一下 |
[13:22] | Good morning. | 早上好 晚上好 |
[13:31] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[13:35] | You’re learning Chinese? | -你在学中文? |
[13:37] | Just in case. I wanna be able to speak to the baby. Don’t mention it. | -我希望能跟小孩沟通 |
[13:44] | Wouldn’t we teach the baby to speak? | -教他说话的应该是我们 |
[13:47] | Sometimes you get a slightly older child. | -有时候孩子的年纪比较大 |
[13:49] | And anyhow, we ought to really try to understand her heritage. | 我们应该试着了解她的背景 |
[13:52] | So, it’s a Mandarin girl now, is it? | -是中国女孩? |
[13:54] | It’s mostly little unwanted girls. | -通常弃婴都是女孩 |
[13:56] | But the good news is, since we’re both dark-haired… | 不过我们都是深色发 |
[13:59] | people won’t immediately know that she’s not ours. | 别人乍看之下 不会发现是领养的 |
[14:03] | I hope you remembered to pick up your kiIt at the drycleaner. | 你有记得去拿苏格兰裙吧? |
[14:06] | You know… | 我今晚不想去舞会 |
[14:09] | I really don’t feel like going to the fling tonight. We have to go, it’s a family tradition. | 我们一定得去,那是传统 |
[14:14] | We are not gonna behave like your typical barren couple! | 我们不要像 一般不孕的夫妻一样 |
[14:17] | We can’t let this get us down! We have to live! | 我们不能因此挫败 我们还是得生活 |
[14:21] | Plus, I had a plaid dress made. | 再说,我订做了一件格子礼服 |
[14:23] | Maybe we should look at cutting back on your fertility drugs. | 或许我们应该减少你的药量 |
[14:27] | Just a thought. | 只是个念头 |
[14:31] | It’s my first visit. | 我是第一次来这 |
[14:40] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[14:42] | What, come on, buddy, you’ve got nobody in there. -Jesus! -Taxi! | 那是空车呢 |
[14:55] | Lady! | 小姐,需要载你一程吗? |
[14:57] | Need a ride? | |
[15:04] | Is this the city’s solution to the cab shortage? | 这是计程车短缺的解决之道吗 |
[15:07] | Just a happy coincidence. | -只是愉快的巧遇 |
[15:09] | Admit it, you drive around looking for me, don’t you? | -承认吧 你开着车四处找我 |
[15:13] | Don’t flatter yourself, you’re on my turf. | 你在我的地盘上 |
[15:15] | You’ve got the good shops. | -你拥有很多好店 |
[15:17] | Get in, we’re holding up traffic. | -上车吧 |
[15:20] | -Going home? -Yeah. | -回家? |
[15:22] | Are you seriously giving me a ride? | -你真的要送我一程? |
[15:24] | -Is it on your way? -Nope. | -你顺路吗? -不顺路 |
[15:27] | -Raoul, East 73rd Street. -Right away. | 拉尔,东73街 |
[15:30] | Thank you. | -谢谢你 |
[15:31] | Raoul and I do this all day. | -拉尔和我成天就是这样 |
[15:34] | Picking the ladies up, dropping them off. | 四处接送女士 |
[15:38] | -How’ve you been? -Good, you? | -你近来好吗? -很好,你呢? |
[15:40] | Very good. | -非常好 |
[15:41] | -Then I’ve been very, very good. -It’s not a contest. | -那我就是非常非常好 |
[15:45] | All right, then I take back one ”very.” | -这又不是竞争 -那我收回一个“非常” |
[15:48] | How are things with Country Bob? | 那个乡村男孩最近好吗? |
[15:50] | You know his name now. | -你知道他的名字 |
[15:53] | -Aidan. -Things are very good there, too. | -艾登 他也一样非常好 |
[15:58] | -What was that? -What? | -那代表什么? |
[16:01] | That smile? | -什么? 那个微笑 |
[16:03] | I don’t think you want to know. | -你不会想知道的 |
[16:05] | I bet I can handle it. | -我一定承受得住 |
[16:06] | -Are you sure? -What the hell? | -你确定? -管那么多 |
[16:09] | I think he wants to marry me. | -他想娶我 |
[16:13] | -You think, or you know? -I know, actually. | -推测还是事实? |
[16:16] | And you’ve discussed it? | -我就是知道 -你们讨论过了? |
[16:17] | No, I…. | 没有,但是就是可以察觉 |
[16:20] | It’s just the kind of thing you know. | |
[16:23] | -Not gonna happen. -Let’s not talk about it. | -不可能 -我不要跟你谈这个 |
[16:26] | He’s not the guy for you. | -他不适合你 |
[16:28] | He might be the guy for me. | -他也许就是我的真命天子 |
[16:30] | I’m just not ready yet. | 只是我还没准备好 |
[16:33] | You’re never gonna be ready, baby. You’re not the marrying kind. | 你永远都不可能准备好 你不是结婚的那一型 |
[16:36] | And you, I guess, are? | 而你就是?这说明了什么? |
[16:39] | So, what does that tell us? | |
[16:41] | -Nobody knows shit? -Yeah. | 谁也说不准? |
[16:43] | In any case, I’m not taking relationship advice… | 不管如何 |
[16:47] | from you. | 我都不会听取你感情上的意见 |
[16:50] | I just offered you a ride. | 我载你一程呢 |
[17:22] | -Hello? -Spy girl. | 间谍,你有告诉艾登 |
[17:25] | Did you tell Aidan I didn’t like the ring? Did you tell him not to propose? | 我不喜欢那个戒指吗? |
[17:29] | I’m out of this now. | -你叫他不要求婚? -我已经不插手了 |
[17:30] | Did he change his mind? Why hasn’t he asked me yet? | 他为什么还没开口? |
[17:33] | You’re not saying yes. What’s your hurry? | 你又不打算答应他,急什么? |
[17:35] | I just think it’s weird, he has the ring. What if he realized I’m not the one? | 他买了戒指 或许他突然发现不想娶我? |
[17:40] | You’re not sure he’s the one. | -你也不确定要不要嫁给他 |
[17:41] | But he doesn’t know that, unless you told him. | -他又不知道 |
[17:45] | Hang on a second. | -除非你告诉他 -等一下 |
[17:54] | What happened, did someone propose to you? | 有人向你求婚吗? |
[17:56] | I don’t know why they call it morning sickness when it’s all fucking day long. | 为什么要叫晨间呕吐? 根本就是持续一整天 |
[18:01] | Unless it’s M-o-U-R-N, as in ”mourning” the loss of your single life. | 或许那是在哀悼 你单身生活的终止 |
[18:06] | Apparently, we’ve reached the stage… | 显然我们都到了 |
[18:09] | where our lives are making us sick. | 厌恶目前生活的阶段 |
[18:14] | Man. | 老天,实在有点… |
[18:22] | -I’m sore from the shots! -Sorry. | -打针让我酸痛 -抱歉 |
[18:29] | The New York Scottish Society’s Annual Highland Fling. | 纽约的苏格兰高地年度抛舞 |
[18:36] | Any Scot who was anyone was there… | 显赫的苏格兰人全在这里了 |
[18:38] | including, of course, Bunny MacDougal. | 当然也包括… 邦妮麦克道格 |
[18:43] | I was wondering when you’d be arriving. | 我才在想你们怎么还没到 |
[18:45] | You missed dinner and the dancers. | 你们错过了晚餐和舞蹈表演 |
[18:48] | Shoot! Sorry, Mother, my fault. Long day at work. How are you? | 该死,抱歉,今天很忙 |
[18:52] | -Hello, Bunny. -Hello, my dear, don’t you look festive! | -邦妮,你好 |
[18:55] | Trey, you must join your brothers. | -你看起来真有节庆味 |
[18:57] | They’re out there, making complete fools of themselves. | 崔,赶快加入你兄弟的行列 他们简直像小丑 |
[19:02] | Do you know that dance? | -你会跳那种舞吗? |
[19:03] | Unfortunately, I do. Excuse me. | -不幸地,我会,失陪 |
[19:06] | It’s the Highland fling, dear. It’s what this event was named after. | 这就是高地抛舞 从名称就可一窥究竟 |
[19:14] | For something called a fling, it looks like a lot of work. | 好像不是很容易 |
[19:17] | That’s what I used to tell Trey about you. | 我曾经跟崔这么形容你 |
[19:22] | Come. | |
[19:24] | They say this dance was originally danced on the shield of a clansman. | 这种舞蹈原先是在 宗族成员的盾上跳的 |
[19:29] | Do you know anything about clans? | 你了解宗族的意义吗? |
[19:32] | I know this is the MacDougal clan’s tartan. | 我知道这是 |
[19:34] | Yes. | 麦克道格家族的格子呢 |
[19:35] | MacDougal is one of the oldest Highland clans in existence. | 麦克道格是高地上 最久远的宗族之一 |
[19:39] | We have a very proud lineage… | 我们的后裔都很引以为傲 |
[19:41] | one I hope you and Trey will be able to perpetuate. | 我希望你和崔能传承下去 |
[19:47] | Now, I know some things can’t be helped, but I must tell you right now… | 有时候会力不从心 |
[19:51] | I don’t enjoy Mandarin food… | 但我得告诉你 我不喜欢中国料理 |
[19:53] | and I don’t enjoy a Mandarin child. | 也不喜欢中国小孩 |
[19:57] | -I don’t think that’s any of your business. -But it is my business. | -这不关你的事 -这就是我的事 |
[20:01] | The MacDougal name will be carried on by sons of your own… | 麦克道格这个姓将由你们 亲生的儿子传承下去 |
[20:05] | not daughters of the South Pacific. | 而不是来自南太平洋的女孩 |
[20:08] | Would you care for some shortbread? | 你要吃脆饼吗? |
[20:12] | No. | 不要 |
[20:26] | If we want a Mandarin baby, we can have one. | 领养中国小孩是我们的决定 |
[20:29] | Nobody else needs to be involved! | 别人不应该干涉 |
[20:31] | Then let’s not involve the entire Scottish population of New York City. | 那我们就不要干涉 纽约的苏格兰人口 |
[20:35] | I’m serious, I’m doing all the work! | 我是认真的,我吃尽所有的苦 |
[20:37] | I’m getting the hormone shots, and taking the pills… | 还注射荷尔蒙 |
[20:40] | I’m doing the research, I’m in the chat room… | 我和其他受孕困难的女人 |
[20:43] | with the other reproductively challenged women… | 交换心得 |
[20:45] | and I’m learning Mandarin. | 我甚至在学中文 |
[20:47] | All you have to do is jerk off into a plastic cup! | 而你只需要手淫就好 |
[20:49] | -Get a hold of yourself. -You get a hold of yourself! | -控制一下自己的情绪 -你才控制一下 |
[20:52] | And try to keep your mother out of it! | 不要把你母亲牵扯进来 |
[21:06] | Meanwhile, Samantha’s professional relationship… | 在此同时 |
[21:09] | really started to take off. | 莎曼珊与上司的关系正要起步 |
[21:14] | I would have taken it off. | -我愿意把它脱掉 |
[21:17] | I’ll buy you a new one. | -我再买一件给你 |
[21:25] | Excuse me. | 抱歉,我们要起飞了 |
[21:27] | We’re about to take off, we need you to buckle your seat belts. | 请系上安全带 |
[21:30] | -Thanks, Dwight. -Sure, Dwight. | -谢谢你,杜徕 -好的,杜徕 |
[21:35] | Is this a good idea? You are my boss. | 这样好吗?你是我的上司 |
[21:37] | Yes, and I definitely need you to see my property in Brazil. | 你得看看我在巴西的产业 |
[21:41] | This is on the clock then? | 那么现在也算时薪? |
[21:43] | No, but, out of curiosity, what do you charge for this sort of thing? | 不算,你要怎么索价? |
[21:47] | You couldn’t afford it. | -你付不起的 |
[21:49] | -I’m a very rich man. -I’m a very talented woman. | -我很有钱 我是很聪明的女人 |
[22:13] | I need you to give me my shot. | 我需要你帮我打针 |
[22:16] | For the love of God, do we have to do that tonight? | 老天,我们每晚都得如此吗? |
[22:20] | We have to do it every night… | 如果想要传承 |
[22:23] | if we want to continue the MacDougal clan. | 麦克道格家的血统,就得如此 |
[22:26] | I said I was sorry. What else do you expect from me? | 我已经道过歉了 你还想要我怎么样? |
[22:29] | I don’t understand why you talked to Bunny. Why don’t you talk to me? | 你为什么去找邦妮? 为什么不直接跟我谈? |
[22:33] | Because I don’t know how to tell you I’m exhausted. | 我不知道该如何开口 我精疲力尽了 |
[22:36] | How much work is a marriage supposed to be? | 到底要为婚姻尽多少努力? |
[22:43] | This is just a tough phase. | 这个阶段很辛苦 |
[22:46] | -once we have a baby– -That could take years. | 一旦我们有了宝宝… |
[22:48] | I’m 43. When does it get easy? | 那可能要多年的努力 我已经43岁了,太困难了 |
[22:52] | -This is what a relationship is. -No. | -婚姻关系就是这回事 |
[22:55] | No, this is what our relationship is. | -只有我们的婚姻关系是这样 |
[22:58] | No one else got screamed at on the dance floor. | 没有人在舞池里尖叫 |
[23:01] | I’m sorry, it’s the hormones. | 我很抱歉,是荷尔蒙的关系 |
[23:04] | -Then stop taking the hormones. -I can’t. | -那就不要注射了 -不行 |
[23:06] | I can’t keep doing what we’re doing. | 我无法再这样下去 |
[23:10] | I love you, but I don’t know if I’m cut out for this. | 我爱你 但是我不适应这样的生活 |
[23:12] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么? |
[23:14] | I don’t think I wanna have a baby anymore. | 我甚至不想要宝宝了 |
[23:18] | I don’t have the energy. | 我没有精力了 |
[23:20] | I work hard, and I like to play golf. | 我工作很辛苦,只想打高尔夫 |
[23:24] | I just want to be for a while. | -我想维持现状 |
[23:26] | So, you don’t even want to try? | -你不愿意尝试了? |
[23:28] | I don’t. I don’t wanna try. | 不愿意 |
[23:32] | If it’s the right thing, then it’ll happen. lf it’s not, then it won’t. | 该发生的就会发生 |
[23:39] | But… | 强求不得的 |
[23:41] | we’ve been planning all along to have a family. | 我们计划组成家庭很久了 |
[23:45] | You and I will have to be enough. | 有你有我就够了 |
[23:48] | I mean, I think I could be happy with just the two of us. | 就算只有两人世界 我还是可以很快乐 |
[23:52] | I’m not sure you can, though. | 我不确定你行不行 |
[23:58] | I’m gonna get some juice. | 我要去喝点果汁 |
[24:03] | Charlotte… | |
[24:05] | are you all right? | -你还好吗? |
[24:09] | I don’t know. | -我不知道 |
[24:11] | Sometimes, the question is, how do you know when it’s not right? | 有时候问题在于 “你怎么知道这样对不对?” |
[24:22] | -See, isn’t this nice? -It was nice being in the bed. | -这样很好,不是吗? -躺在床上更好 |
[24:26] | When Pete has to go, Pete has to go. | 但是皮特总是得小便 |
[24:28] | -okay, but why do I have to go? -Keep your old man company. | 那我为什么要跟来? |
[24:32] | Make sure some hottie doesn’t come along with a little pooch and steal him away. | 跟着你的男人免得街上的辣妹 把你的男人拐走 |
[24:36] | Pete would never leave me. Pete loves me so. | 皮特才不会背弃我 皮特很爱我 |
[24:39] | He does, don’t you, Pete? Come here. | 确实,皮特,是吧?过来 |
[24:42] | Pete loves you. | 皮特爱你,你爱她对不对? |
[24:45] | Don’t you love her? I love her, too. | 我也爱她 |
[24:47] | Do you have a baggie? I didn’t bring a baggie. | -你有袋子吗? |
[24:50] | This just gets better and better. | -这下可好了 |
[24:52] | Here, hold this, would you? | 帮我拿一下好吗? |
[25:02] | Go ahead, open it. | 打开它 |
[25:15] | My God, it’s not…. | 我的天,这不是… |
[25:21] | God. | -好漂亮的戒指 |
[25:23] | That’s such a beautiful ring. -Really? -Yeah. | -真的吗? |
[25:30] | I had a different one, then I changed my mind. | 我之前买了一个 但改变心意了 |
[25:33] | This one seemed more like you. | 这一个比较适合你 |
[25:37] | I love you, Carrie. | 凯莉,我爱你 |
[25:40] | There’s no one I could love more. | 你是我最爱的人 |
[25:43] | I wanna live my life with you. What do you think? | 我想要跟你一起生活 你觉得怎么样? |
[25:47] | Maybe there are no right moments, right guys, right answers. | 或许没有所谓的适当的时机 适合的人,正确的答案 |
[25:57] | Maybe you just have to say what’s in your heart. | 或许你只需把心里的话说出来 |
[26:01] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[26:19] | Gimme. | 给我 |
[26:23] | okay. | |
[26:32] | That night I surprised myself. | 那一晚,我吓了自己一跳 |
[26:35] | -Who is it? -It’s me! | -哪位? -是我 |
[26:36] | And Miranda was getting a surprise as well. | 米兰达也被吓了一跳 |
[26:42] | -What, are you fucking crazy? -That’s your answer? | -你疯了吗? -那就是你的答案? |
[26:44] | Why are you proposing? | -你为什么要求婚? |
[26:46] | I thought that’s what you wanted. | -我以为这是你想要的 |
[26:48] | -I don’t want to marry you, Steve. -I don’t want to marry you either. | -我不想嫁给你 -我也不想娶你 |
[26:51] | Then what are we doing? | -那我们在做什么? |
[26:53] | There’s gonna be a baby. And I just…. | -但是我们就要有宝宝了 |
[26:56] | I don’t wanna just be a guy who sees you at the playground. | 我不想只在游乐场跟你们见面 |
[26:59] | -I wanna help. -That doesn’t mean we have to get married. | 我想要尽一点力 这样并不表示我们得结婚 |
[27:02] | -You’re not in love with me, right? -No, especially not right now. | -你并不爱我 -尤其是现在 |
[27:06] | You need to say that every day, because when you see me with this baby… | 我要你每天都说这句话 |
[27:09] | you’ll think we belong together, that you’re in love with me. | 不然当你看到我和宝宝 你会以为你爱着我 |
[27:13] | I don’t know, I’ve seen you with my dog, and mostly, you just seem uncomfortable. | 我看过你跟我的狗相处 |
[27:17] | How are we gonna do this? | 你很不自在 |
[27:19] | Raise a kid together and not be together? | 那我们要怎么办? 抚养小孩却不在一起? |
[27:21] | We’ll figure it out. | -我们会想出办法的 |
[27:23] | We’ll figure it out. | -我们会想出办法? |
[27:27] | Miranda knew Steve wasn’t right for her… | 米兰达知道史蒂夫不适合她 |
[27:30] | but she wanted to do what was right for her baby. | 但是她需要替宝宝着想 |
[27:33] | By the way… | 还有,我知道这是现成的戒指 |
[27:35] | I know that’s a hand-me-down ring. | |
[27:37] | I would never say yes to a hand-me-down ring. | 我不会对着这样的戒指 说我愿意 |
[27:39] | -You picked out this ring! -For Carrie! | -这戒指是你选的 -为凯莉选的 |
[27:41] | Fine, frankly, I can’t afford a stupid ring and a baby. | 说实话,我负担不起这个戒指 也养不起小孩 |
[27:45] | See, this is working out already. | 这样就对了 |
[27:48] | There was one person I needed to tell that surprisingly… | 有一个人一定要知道 |
[27:52] | I was the marrying kind. | 我是会结婚的那一型 |
[27:56] | Thank God you’re here. | 还好你在这里 |
[27:57] | I have something to tell you. | -我有事情要告诉你 |
[27:59] | Aidan left you? | -艾登离开你了? |
[28:02] | -I’m engaged. -Fuck you. | -我订婚了 -去你的 |
[28:06] | Let’s have a drink and celebrate. Two Rubies, please. | 我们喝一杯来庆祝 两杯红葡萄酒 |
[28:11] | -He switched the ring on me. -The bastard. | -他换了戒指 -混蛋 |
[28:13] | And look, it’s a really good ring. | 看,好棒的戒指 |
[28:17] | I’ve seen it. | -我看过了 -什么? |
[28:20] | -What? -Somebody had to help the poor guy. | -总得有人帮帮他 -你希望我结婚? |
[28:23] | -So, now you want me to get married? -No, but if you’re gonna ruin our lives… | 不,但是如果你要 打乱姐妹们的生活 |
[28:27] | I’d at least like to look at a nice piece of jewelry. | 至少要戴一个好看的戒指 |
[28:30] | Thank you. | -你是不是晒黑了? |
[28:33] | -Two Rubies. -Are you tan, lady? | -我跟理查到里约热内卢 |
[28:35] | -I was in Rio with Richard. -Rio with the CEo? | 跟主管到里约热内卢? |
[28:40] | A mistake. Subtitles conformed by SoFTlTLER | 大错特错 |