时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | A girl in pigtails once said, ”There’s no place like home. ” | 曾有个绑着马尾的女孩说 “没有比家更温暖的地方” |
[00:55] | But then her home didn’t have a toilet that flushed for no reason… | 但是她的家没有无故 故障的马桶 |
[01:02] | and a boyfriend who was moving out for one big reason. | 还有一个将要搬走的男朋友 |
[01:10] | That’s the last of it. | 最后一箱了 |
[01:17] | okay. | |
[01:20] | You want me to fix that? | -你要我帮你修吗? |
[01:22] | No, it’s okay. I can get someone to come and fix it. | -我可以找人来修 |
[01:28] | Just let me get in there for a second. | 我修一下就好 |
[01:36] | Hold the ball cock. This thing right here. | 握住浮球活拴,那个东西 |
[01:41] | Right there. | 这里 |
[01:47] | That should do it. | 可以了 |
[01:51] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[01:57] | You can’t leave. | 你不能走 |
[01:59] | our last words to each other can’t be ”ball cock.” | 我们的最后一句话 不应该是浮球活拴 |
[02:05] | You should definitely stay… | 你应该留下来 |
[02:08] | at least for another day. | 至少多留一天 |
[02:11] | -or forever. -We’ve been through this. | 或是永远不要离开 |
[02:17] | I can’t. | 我们谈过了,我办不到 |
[02:21] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[02:24] | I am. | 确定 |
[02:28] | Aidan… | |
[02:33] | this is difficult to say. | 这很难以启齿 |
[02:39] | I left the ring on the clown table. | -我把戒指放在桌上 |
[02:44] | That’s yours. | -那是你的 |
[02:45] | No, I should never have accepted it in the first place. I’m sorry. | 我一开始就不应该接受 |
[02:51] | -Please take the ring. -I want you to have it. | 我很抱歉,请你把戒指带走 -我希望你收下 |
[02:54] | Please take it. lf you do or say… | -请你带走 如果你再说一句好话… |
[03:00] | one more nice thing…. | 再对我温柔… |
[03:07] | I got to go. | -我得走了 |
[03:09] | I can’t watch you leave, so I think I am gonna…. | -我无法看着你离开 |
[03:11] | I’m better…. I’m gonna stand here. Could you just…. | 我要待在这里 |
[03:15] | Could you just shut the door? | 可以把门带上吗? |
[03:19] | I know. | 我知道,走吧 |
[03:22] | Go. | |
[03:41] | Three hours later, I peeled myself off the bathroom floor. | 三小时后 我才从浴室地板上爬起来 |
[03:56] | Apparently, there were things that were difficult for Aidan to say, as well. | 显然艾登也有难以启齿的事 |
[04:09] | I curled up to read Aidan’s last words to me… | 我蜷起来阅读艾登最后一封信 |
[04:12] | also known as the good-bye letter. | 也就是告别信 (佛格先生律师事务所) |
[04:26] | -Aidan’s evicting her? -He’s not evicting her. | -艾登要驱逐她? |
[04:29] | He’s giving her 30 days to decide what she wants to do. | -不是,他给她三十天做决定 |
[04:32] | -That’s just tacky. -Look, life gets complicated. | 他太没有风度了 |
[04:35] | Steve and I are drawing up papers to timeshare our kid. | 人生真复杂,史蒂夫和我 要分配与孩子相处的时间 |
[04:38] | Great love stories are supposed to end with tragedy and tears… | 伟大的爱情故事 |
[04:41] | not papers from the law firm of Gold and Vogel. | 都以眼泪做结尾 而不是律师事务所的信 |
[04:45] | This is more than fair. He’s asking you to buy your apartment… | 这很公平,他要你以原价买下 |
[04:48] | for the exact price he paid, or you can vacate and he’ll sell it. | -不然你要搬走好让他卖掉 |
[04:52] | Vacate? I’m homeless. | -搬走? |
[04:54] | I’ll be a bag lady, a Fendi bag lady. | 我无家可归了 提着芬迪包包的流浪妇女 |
[04:57] | You should think of buying your place. | -或许你该考虑买下来 |
[04:59] | I am not a buyer. New York is a town of renters. Everybody rents. | -在纽约,大家都租房子 |
[05:02] | -I don’t. | -我不是 |
[05:04] | -I don’t. -You got yours in the settlement. | -我也不是 |
[05:06] | You did not have to pay for it. | 你的是别人给你的 |
[05:08] | I paid for that apartment. | 那层公寓我也有付出 |
[05:13] | I’m pregnant. I can’t control it. | 我怀孕了,控制不住 |
[05:15] | Honey, you better learn, because that is unappetizing. | 你最好学着控制 这样会破坏胃口 |
[05:19] | I know. I am so swollen and gassy. | 我臃肿又涨气,就像救生圈 |
[05:23] | I am like a flotation device. | |
[05:24] | I’ll get this one, and I don’t want a fight out of you. | 让我来付,我不想跟你们争 |
[05:27] | Save it for your down payment. | 为你的头期款存点钱 |
[05:32] | Excuse me! You bought the Chanel wallet? | 你买了香奈儿的皮夹? |
[05:35] | No, Richard gave it to me as a gift. | -这是理查送我的礼物 |
[05:37] | -Nice. What was the occasion? -No occasion. | -为了庆祝什么? |
[05:39] | -He is in love with you. -He is not. | -不为什么 |
[05:41] | -You don’t know that. -I do. | -他爱上你了 -他才没有爱上我 |
[05:44] | Take a look at the card. | -你怎知道? 我知道,你们看这张卡片 |
[05:48] | ”Style for style. Best, Richard.” | “时髦送给时髦 最好的理查” |
[05:50] | -”Best.” Yikes. -”Best” is the worst. | -最好的? -用“最好的”最不好 |
[05:53] | Even Gold and Vogel give you ”sincerely.” | 连律师事务所都会用 “诚挚地” |
[05:55] | ”Best” is like signing ”Not love.” | -“最好的”就代表“不爱” |
[05:57] | It’s the thought that counts. He bought you something you’d love. | -他有这个心意最重要 |
[06:00] | He’s a pretty generous guy with money. | 他很大方,在金钱方面 |
[06:03] | -Aidan wanted me to keep the ring. -You did, didn’t you? | -艾登要我留着戒指 |
[06:09] | -Honey, you’re a fool. -No. | -你有留下吧? 你好傻 |
[06:11] | It was the right thing to do. | 这样做是对的 |
[06:14] | -Do you ever think about giving yours back? -No, I love that ring. | 你有想过把戒指归还吗? -不,我爱这个戒指 |
[06:18] | I couldn’t keep it. Every time I looked at it, it would break my heart. | -我无法将戒指留下 每次当我看到它,就会心碎 |
[06:27] | This ring is worth a lot. | -这只戒指很值钱 |
[06:28] | Tiffany. 2.1 7 carats, platinum setting. | -蒂芬妮,2.17克拉,白金 |
[06:31] | Beautiful cut, very few inclusions. So, what do you want to do with it? | 切工完美,十分清澈 你想要怎么做? |
[06:36] | I was thinking maybe I’d turn it into a necklace. | 我考虑将这个变成项练 |
[06:39] | A floating diamond necklace would be to die. Very now. | 漂浮的钻石项练一定会很棒 |
[06:43] | -So, a lot of people do this. -These were my baguettes. | -很多人这么做? -这原本是我的宝石 |
[06:47] | Because it turned out my husband was a faggot… | 我前夫原来是同性恋 |
[06:50] | now they’re earrings. But he had good taste. | 所以戒指就成了耳环 |
[06:53] | -So, a necklace? -I’m not sure. | 但是他品味不错,做成项练? 我不确定 |
[06:57] | Maybe a pendant. We can meIt down the platinum setting… | 做成垂饰,把白金部分融化 |
[07:00] | -and turn it into spectacular earrings. -MeIt it down? | -做成漂亮的耳环 -融化? |
[07:05] | There, in the wedding band boneyard, Charlotte started to meIt down. | 就在结婚戒指的坟场 夏绿蒂心软了 |
[07:09] | I don’t think I’m ready for this. | 我再考虑看看 |
[07:12] | Just don’t take it to the gypsies next door. | 不要拿去给隔壁的吉普赛人 |
[07:19] | okay. Let’s look at your assets here at the bank. | 让我们来看看你在银行的资产 |
[07:24] | You may be able to use them as collateral for the loan. | 或许可以作为贷款的担保 |
[07:27] | Linda, Line 1. | |
[07:29] | It says here that you have $700 in your checking account. | 你的支票户头有700块 |
[07:33] | I just paid my credit card bill. | -我刚付了信用卡费 |
[07:36] | And… $957 in savings. | -还有957块的存款 |
[07:42] | Look, Linda. | 是这样的,琳达 |
[07:45] | You’re single, right? I’m sure you can appreciate my problem. | 你也是单身 一定能体恤我的困难 我刚跟未婚夫分手 已经够难过了 |
[07:50] | I just broke which, trust me, is traumatic enough– | |
[07:55] | Linda, Line 2. | up with my fianc谷, |
[07:56] | And now I have… | 我只有25天去筹钱买房子 |
[07:58] | twenty-five days to either find the money to buy my place… | |
[08:02] | or I am out on the street. | 不然就得流落街头 |
[08:05] | Do you have any other income, besides the column? | 除了写专栏还有其他收入吗? |
[08:09] | No. | 没有,但是我被票选为 |
[08:10] | But I was chosen as New York magazine’s best pick for city columnist. | 纽约最佳杂志专栏作家 |
[08:15] | I was the pick over Pete Hamill. | -赢过皮特哈密尔 |
[08:17] | What about your assets outside the bank? | -银行以外的资产呢? |
[08:20] | -Property, stocks, bonds? -No. | -房地产、股票、债券? |
[08:24] | I’m sorry, Ms. Bradshaw… | -没有 抱歉,布雷萧小姐 |
[08:27] | but you are not a desirable candidate… | 你不是贷款的最佳候选人 |
[08:31] | for a loan. | |
[08:37] | After assessing what little assets I had… | 在知道我的资产有多么少后 |
[08:40] | I realized I would have to change my lifestyle. | 我明白我得改变生活习惯 |
[08:43] | Excuse me, could you tell me how much the bus is? | 请问搭公车多少钱? |
[08:46] | $1 .50. | -一块半 |
[08:48] | Really? Wow. | -真的吗? |
[08:50] | Last time I took the bus, it was like 75 cents. | 我上一次搭的时候 还是七十五分 |
[08:53] | You know, for $3 more, you could take a cab. | 再多三块钱就可以搭计程车了 |
[09:01] | For crying out loud. | 真是倒霉 |
[09:04] | Why do you have to take the bus if you’re on the bus? | 你可以登上公车广告 为什么还要搭公车? |
[09:08] | My thoughts exactly. | 我也是这么想 |
[09:10] | So here I was, a 35-year-old single woman with no financial security… | 我,一个35岁的单身女子 没有财产 |
[09:15] | but many life experiences behind me. | 但有许多人生经验 |
[09:18] | Did that mean nothing? | 这些都不算数吗? |
[09:20] | After all, heartbreak and breakups are the hardest kind of work. | 毕竟 心碎和分手是最困难的事 |
[09:24] | So shouldn’t there be some sort of credit for enduring them? | 忍受这些不该得到掌声吗? |
[09:27] | And if not, how do you retain a sense of value… | 当无从证明起时 |
[09:30] | when you have nothing concrete to show for it? | 要如何保持价值感? |
[09:33] | Because at the end of yet another failed relationship… | 因为在一段失败的感情之后 |
[09:37] | when all you have are war wounds and self doubt… | 你遍体鳞伤,对自我怀疑 |
[09:41] | you have to wonder, what’s it all worth? | 你不禁纳闷:这一切值得吗? |
[09:46] | Let me just say again, I love your gallery… | 让我再说一次 我很喜爱你的艺廊 |
[09:49] | so if there are ever any openings, | 要是有职缺 你有我的履历表吧? |
[09:53] | Meanwhile, a woman with far fewer financial worries… | 一个不用烦脑金钱的女人 |
[09:56] | was also contemplating her worth. | 也在思忖她的价值 |
[10:15] | Charlotte knew the ring didn’t mean as much, now that she wasn’t with Trey. | 和崔分开后 夏绿蒂明白戒指已经没有意义 |
[10:20] | But on that particularly low Thursday… | 但是在低潮的星期四 |
[10:24] | she put on her 2. 17-carat diamond… | 她戴上2.17克拉的钻石 |
[10:27] | and wandered around her 2. 17-carat Park Avenue apartment. | 在她偌大的公园大道公寓徘徊 |
[10:41] | That night, at Richard’s…. | 那一晚在理查家 |
[10:44] | -Another gift. Are you trying to spoil me? -That’s the plan. | -又送我礼物,你想宠坏我? -正有此意 |
[10:48] | -La Petite Coquette, my favorite. -I know. I pay attention. | -我最爱的牌子 -我知道,我有注意 |
[10:52] | Wait a minute. There’s a card. | -等一下,有卡片 |
[10:56] | The card. | -卡片 |
[10:59] | ”Sexy for sexy. Best, Richard.” | “性感致性感,最好的理查” |
[11:02] | Why don’t you slip into that, while I pour us some Cristal? | 何不趁我倒酒时穿上? |
[11:06] | I’ll do my very best. | 我尽量让你满意 |
[11:10] | Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink. | 只能看不能买 |
[11:15] | This is torture. Why are you doing this to me? I can’t buy shoes. | 真是折磨,为什么找我? 我不能买鞋 |
[11:19] | I have to buy shoes. None of my old ones fit. | 旧的鞋子都穿不下了 |
[11:22] | Even my feet are fat. | 连我的脚都肥了 |
[11:23] | -These are pretty. -I’m looking for comfortable. | -这双好漂亮 -我在找舒服的鞋 |
[11:26] | Then I’ll try these for you. | 我帮你试穿,抱歉? |
[11:28] | Excuse me, sir, could I try these, please, in a seven-and-a-half? | 请帮我拿这双七号半 |
[11:33] | And these. | 还有这双,还有这双 |
[11:36] | I guess, just all of these. | 这里全部 |
[11:38] | But, sir, no matter what happens in the next 20 minutes… | 不管接下来20分钟发生什么事 |
[11:42] | under no circumstances am I to buy these. | 在任何的情况下我都不买鞋 |
[11:45] | -I’m just trying them on for fun. -How fun for me. | -我只是穿着好玩的 -可累惨我了 |
[11:50] | Could I try these in a nine? | 我要试穿这双九号 |
[11:52] | -Sure. -Thanks. | |
[11:57] | -What is that smell? -Sorry. | -那是什么味道? -抱歉 |
[12:00] | I’ve learned to control the sound now, but not the activity. | 我已经会控制声音 但是还是得放 |
[12:03] | That’s just mean. | 真是恶劣 |
[12:06] | Damn! | 该死,怎么可以放屁不通知? |
[12:07] | How’ll people know to scatter without a warning? | |
[12:10] | Although, maybe it’s not that I control the noise… | 或许我不是真的会控制声音 |
[12:13] | as much as my ass is so big the sound is now muffled. | 或许是因为我屁股大到 挡住声音 |
[12:17] | Look at my fingers. They’re like sausages. I can’t even get my ring off. | 我的手指就像香肠 |
[12:21] | I’m telling you, the fat ass, the farting, it’s ridiculous. | 连戒指都拔不下来 肥屁股、放屁,真是荒谬 |
[12:25] | I am unfuckable… | 没人要跟我上床 |
[12:27] | and I have never been so horny in my entire life. | 而我却从未如此饥渴过 |
[12:30] | -Really? -Yeah. That’s why you should be married while pregnant… | 所以怀孕时一定要已婚 |
[12:34] | so somebody is obligated to have sex with you. | 有人得义务跟你做爱 |
[12:39] | -I’m an undesirable. -No. I am. | -我不受欢迎 -我才是 |
[12:43] | The lady at the bank said I was an unattractive candidate for a loan. | 银行的小姐说我是 最不受欢迎的贷款人 |
[12:48] | Where did all my money go? I know I’ve made some. | 我的钱都跑到哪里去了? 我知道我有赚一点 |
[12:52] | At $400 a pop, how many of these do you have? | 一双鞋400块,你有几双? |
[12:55] | -Fifty? -Come on. | -拜托 |
[12:58] | -A hundred? -Would that be wrong? | -有错吗? |
[13:01] | 100 times 400, there’s your down payment. | 100乘以400等于你的头期款 |
[13:04] | That’s only $4,000. | -只有四千 |
[13:06] | No, it’s $40,000. | -是四万 |
[13:10] | I spent… | 我花了四万块买鞋 |
[13:12] | $40,000 on shoes… and I have no place to live? | 却没有地方住 |
[13:18] | I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes. | 我就快变成住在 鞋堆的老女人了 |
[13:27] | I pulled my own finger. I’m a walking whoopie cushion. | 我拉自己的手指 就像会放屁的整人坐垫 |
[13:32] | When a girl gets backed up against a wall she can’t afford… | 当穷途末路之际 |
[13:35] | she has to consider renting others. | 我只好考虑租房子了 |
[13:39] | That’s the closet? | 这就是衣橱?鞋子要放哪里? |
[13:41] | Where do the shoes go? | |
[13:43] | You get one of those racks that hang on the door. | 你可以在门上装挂物架 |
[13:46] | I’ll hang myself on a door if I have to live here. | 要是我得住在这里 |
[13:53] | Do I smell curry? | 我要把自己吊死 怎么有咖哩的味道? |
[13:55] | There’s an indian restaurant downstairs. | 楼下有印度餐厅 |
[13:59] | Delia, I ask you… | 这样的公寓月租居然要 |
[14:01] | how can this apartment be $2,800 a month? | 2800块? |
[14:05] | I pay $750 for something that’s twice the size. | 我的公寓大两倍,没有味道 |
[14:08] | -It don’t smell like takeout. -You have a rent-controlled apartment. | 只要750块 |
[14:12] | I suggest you stay there. | 要是你有租金受管制公寓 就不要放弃 |
[14:14] | Unfortunately, that’s really not an option. | 不幸地,我没有选择 |
[14:18] | What other shit holes are you showing me today? | -你还要带我去什么烂地方? |
[14:21] | I have to be honest. With your attitude and price limitations… | -以你的态度和价钱限制 |
[14:25] | I think you should consider Weehawken. | 你可以考虑威霍肯(纽泽西) |
[14:30] | Get back to me when the numbers are in. | 统计好数字通知我 |
[14:34] | Look at you, all dressed up. Applying for a job here? | 看看你盛装打扮,来应征吗? |
[14:37] | So this is where you work. | 这就是你的办公室,好可爱 |
[14:40] | It’s cute. It’s smaller than I expected. | 比我预期中小,我总是想像 |
[14:44] | I always imagined rows and rows of blondes in tight sweaters, typing. | 有一排身穿紧身衣的 金发美女在打字 |
[14:49] | They’re at lunch. | 她们去吃午饭了 |
[14:51] | I am here in an official capacity. | 我是为了公事而来 |
[14:55] | -Aren’t you going to ask me to sit down? -By all means. Pick a chair. | 你不请我坐下吗? 挑张椅子坐吧 |
[14:59] | Faced with the prospect of Weehawken… | 面对可能搬到威霍肯 |
[15:02] | I decided it was time to call in the big guns. | 我决定寻求重量级的协助 |
[15:05] | Now, what can I do for you? | 我能为你做什么吗? |
[15:09] | I once read that you took something like $3 million and leveraged it… | 我曾经看过你拿三百万元 |
[15:13] | to build a $100 million building. How did you do that? | 去盖一亿元的房子 |
[15:17] | -What’s going on? -I want to buy my apartment… | 你是怎么办到的? 怎么了? |
[15:20] | but I have no money. | 我想要买下我的公寓 但是我没有钱 |
[15:26] | I’m worth nothing. | 我一文不值 |
[15:29] | You’re worth a million bucks, Bradshaw. | 你身价一百万,布雷萧 |
[15:32] | Maybe you should go work at a bank. | 或许你该去银行工作 |
[15:37] | Aidan and I broke up. | 艾登和我分手了 |
[15:42] | So it’s not just money troubles. | 不只是钱的问题? |
[15:47] | -Why didn’t you call me? -I got enough troubles. | -你为什么不打电话给我? -我的麻烦够多了 |
[15:52] | What happened? | -怎么了? |
[15:54] | Apparently, you were right, I am not the marrying kind. | -显然被你说对了 我不是结婚的料 |
[15:57] | or the timing wasn’t right. | 或是时机不对,你会没事的 |
[16:00] | You’re going to be okay, kid. | |
[16:04] | So I need money. You know money. | 所以我需要钱 |
[16:08] | I need to know what you know about money. | 你懂得理财,我需要你的协助 |
[16:11] | Simple. | 简单,我告诉你怎么弄到钱 |
[16:15] | I’ll tell you how to get the money. | |
[16:17] | Big offered me the money for my down payment. | 大人物要帮我付头期款 |
[16:20] | But I could never take it. | 但是我不能拿 |
[16:25] | -Could l? -You couldn’t. | -可以吗? -不行 |
[16:27] | He just gave you $30,000? | 他给你三万块? |
[16:30] | As a loan. I would pay him back. | -借我,我会还他的 |
[16:32] | Take the money. | -收下这笔钱 |
[16:33] | When a man gives you money, you give him control. | 当你收下男人的钱 就被他控制了 |
[16:36] | It’s just money. Man, woman, who cares? It’s fluid. | 只是钱罢了 |
[16:39] | Someone needs it, you give it. You need it, you take it. | 男人,女人,谁在乎呢? 大家互相帮忙,各取所需 |
[16:43] | I’m uncomfortable with this. We shouldn’t be talking about money. | -我们不应该谈钱 |
[16:46] | Why? We talk about everything else. | -我们什么都谈 |
[16:48] | People are funny about money. | 人对钱总是很奇怪,就像理查 |
[16:50] | Like Richard, he’s happy to buy me gifts, but– | -他很爱送我礼物,但是… |
[16:53] | Still no ”Iove”? | -还是没有爱? |
[16:54] | No, but he continues to send his best. | 他继续使用“最好的” |
[16:59] | Don’t cash Big’s check. I’ll loan you the money. | 不要动用支票,我借你钱 |
[17:02] | You’re about to have a baby. I can’t take your money. | 你就要生宝宝了,我不能拿 |
[17:05] | -And furthermore, do you have that much? -I have about half that. | -你有那么多吗? -大概一半 |
[17:09] | -What? Does no one else shoe shop? -I could loan you the rest. | -大家都不买鞋的吗? -剩下的我借你 |
[17:14] | Look… | 你们愿意借我钱实在太窝心了 |
[17:15] | that is really… | |
[17:18] | sweet of you two to offer. | |
[17:24] | It’s really sweet. | 真的很窝心,但是我要靠自己 |
[17:26] | But I’m gonna do this on my own. | |
[17:33] | So I can’t tape it back. | 所以我不能收 |
[17:36] | I have news. | 我有好消息 |
[17:38] | Looks like I have gotten a job as a docent at the Museum of Modern Art. | 我要到现代美术馆当讲解员 |
[17:43] | What does that pay? I can docent. | -我也可以讲解 |
[17:45] | It’s a volunteer job, but they’re very coveted positions. | -那是义务性的 但是这是我梦寐以求的 |
[17:51] | You come back. | 再次光临 |
[18:00] | I have no fortune. | 我没有未来这一点 |
[18:02] | I didn’t need a cookie to tell me that. | 不需要饼干告诉我 |
[18:06] | These fans only cost $1 . | 这些扇子只要一块钱 |
[18:08] | I’m going to save a lot of money on air conditioning. | 我得存一大笔钱装空调 |
[18:15] | You okay? | 你还好吗? |
[18:18] | No apartment and no Aidan. | 没有公寓,没有艾登 |
[18:24] | It’s been a rough two weeks. | 这两周真难熬 |
[18:31] | Just give me a block. I’m going to be fine. | 我走一下就好 |
[18:43] | As I thought about leaving the apartment that I had lived in for the past decade… | 一想到要离开住了十年的公寓 |
[18:48] | I realized how much I would miss it. | 我才知道我会多么想它 |
[18:50] | Through everything, it had always been there for me. | 它一直陪伴着我 |
[18:52] | And suddenly, I was irrationally angry… | 突然间,我失去理智地愤怒 |
[18:56] | and I knew just where and who to take it irrationally out on. | 我知道该找谁出这股怨气 |
[19:01] | Hi. What are you doing here? | -你怎么会到这里? |
[19:04] | I was just in the neighborhood. | -我刚好在附近 |
[19:07] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[19:09] | You want some iced tea or something? | 你要喝冰红茶吗? |
[19:11] | Why didn’t you offer me the money? | -你为什么不借我钱? |
[19:15] | -I knew you were going to say that. -I wouldn’t take it. | -我就知道你会问 |
[19:17] | -Then what does it matter if I offer it or not? -Because… | -我也不会收 -那我问不问有什么差别? |
[19:21] | I would have offered it to you. | 因为我会借给你 |
[19:23] | -You’re my friend. -Money and friendship don’t mix. | 你是我的朋友 |
[19:27] | My father and his friend Paul were never the same– | 金钱和友谊不能混淆 |
[19:30] | We’re not talking about your father and his friend Paul. | 我父亲和他的朋友… 我们不是在谈你父亲和他朋友 |
[19:35] | We’re talking about you and your friend, me. | 我们在谈你和我 |
[19:38] | And for the record, I am aware… | 告诉你,我很自知 |
[19:41] | that I have some financial messiness that I have to clean up, and to that end… | 我有一堆财务上的麻烦要处理 |
[19:46] | I am looking into some freelance magazine work. | 所以我在寻找自由投稿的机会 |
[19:48] | I have been offered $4 a word at Vogue. That is a lot. | 时尚杂志要给我一个字四块钱 |
[19:52] | Most people get $2. | 一般人只有两块 |
[19:54] | So, yes, I have made some mistakes, and, Charlotte… | 我是犯了一些错误 |
[19:58] | you have made some mistakes. When you were making those mistakes… | 你也有犯过错,当你犯错时 |
[20:02] | I was sitting across from you at the coffee shop… | 我坐在咖啡厅里 |
[20:05] | nodding and listening and supporting you. | 点着头,倾听,支持你 |
[20:08] | I was not sitting at a Chinese restaurant… | 我可没有坐在中国餐馆里 |
[20:12] | turning away when you should have been looking at me. | 在应该看着我的时候 把头别过去 |
[20:16] | And what kills me is, you don’t even have to work. | 你根本不需要工作,还当义工 |
[20:19] | You’re volunteering. I love you. | 凯莉,我爱你 |
[20:28] | But it’s not my job to fix your finances. | 但我没有义务 帮你解决财务难题 |
[20:33] | You’re a 35-year-old woman. | 你已经35岁了,应该要靠自己 |
[20:36] | You need to learn to stand on your own. What is that on your finger? | 夏绿蒂,你手指上是什么? |
[20:45] | I just wear it when I’m alone in my house. | 我只有一个人在家时会戴上 |
[20:49] | And you’re telling me to be more independent? | -你还告诉我要独立? |
[20:51] | It’s my ring. I can wear it if I want to. | -那是我的戒指 |
[20:54] | And so what if it makes me feel better? | 我想戴就戴,有什么错吗? |
[20:56] | And for the record, the only reason I’m volunteering is, no one will hire me. | 还有 我当义工是因为没人雇用我 |
[21:02] | I’ve called seven galleries. | 我跟七间艺廊联络过 |
[21:04] | Apparently, I have too much experience. | 显然我经验太丰富了 |
[21:10] | You’re right. It’s your ring, your business. I got all worked up on the walk over here. | 这是你的戒指,你的事 而我一路自己走过来 |
[21:15] | -You walked? -No, I took a $5 cab ride, seven blocks. | 你走路来的? 不,我花五块钱搭计程车 载我七个街区 |
[21:20] | These shoes pinch my feet, but I love them. | 这双鞋弄痛我的脚 但是我就是爱穿 |
[21:25] | I am in a financial cul-de-sac. | 我现在在财务的死胡同里 |
[21:28] | But I’m going to take the bus. | 我要搭公车回去 |
[21:31] | I just hope I’m not on it. | 希望上面没有我的照片 |
[21:37] | Meanwhile, in the lap of luxury…. | 在此同时,在优裕的环境中 |
[21:42] | It’s okay. I’m Richard’s assistant, and I’m gay. | 我是理查的助手,同性恋 |
[21:45] | okay. Turn around and give a girl a moment. | 转过身去,让我换衣服 |
[21:48] | I’m Roger, and you weren’t supposed to be here. | 我叫罗杰,你不应该在这里 |
[21:51] | Richard left, and I decided to take a nice relaxing bath… | 理查先走了,我想冲澡 |
[21:55] | but now that’s shot to shit. | 却遇到这种事 |
[21:58] | okay. Decent. | 好了,可以见人了 |
[22:00] | I am so sorry, but if it’s any consolation… | 我很抱歉,不知能不能弥补你 |
[22:04] | -wow! -Pilates. | 彼拉特斯运动 |
[22:06] | So, why haven’t I seen you around the office? | 为什么不曾在办公室见过你? |
[22:12] | He has three assistants. I run his errands. | 他有三个助手,我帮他跑腿 |
[22:16] | His errands! | 跑腿? |
[22:19] | Is that an errand gift-wrapped on the bed? | 帮他包装床上那个礼物? |
[22:26] | All right. I’m his personal shopper. | 我是他的私人采买 |
[22:29] | -He’s a very busy man. -I’ll bet. | -他很忙 -看得出来 |
[22:33] | Exactly how many women are you buying gifts for? | 你帮他买过多少女人的礼物? |
[22:37] | -What do you mean? -You’ve seen my bush. | 什么意思? |
[22:39] | We’re a little past acting coy. | 罗杰,我都被你看光了 我们不要扭扭捏捏 |
[22:41] | Since you came into the picture, a lot less. | 自从你出现后就少了很多 |
[22:44] | And he’s never sent me to Chanel before. | 他从没叫我买香奈儿 |
[22:47] | That was fun. Great wallet. | 这一点很有趣 很棒的皮夹,也有红的 |
[22:49] | -It also came in red, but I couldn’t decide– -Richard didn’t pick out any gifts? | 我不知道该选哪一个 理查不是亲自挑礼物? |
[22:54] | Technically, no. | 技术上来说,不是 |
[22:55] | -But he really likes you. I can tell. -Yeah, he thinks I’m the best. | 但是看得出来他很喜欢你 他认为我是最好的 |
[23:01] | Wait, the cards. | 等一下,卡片的内容? |
[23:03] | ”Style for style”? ”Sexy for sexy”? | |
[23:08] | ”Me for you.” | 那是我写给你的 |
[23:10] | Please, don’t have me fired. | 不要炒我鱿鱼 |
[23:12] | I’ll tell you what. I’ll pretend you don’t exist. | 我假装你不存在 |
[23:15] | -Thank you. -If you do one thing for me. | -谢谢你 -但是你要帮我一个忙 |
[23:26] | I thought you’d like it. | -我就知道你会喜欢 |
[23:28] | You did? | -真的? |
[23:32] | I forgot the card. | 我忘了看卡片 |
[23:37] | ”Gorgeous for gorgeous. | “英俊致美丽,爱你的理查” |
[23:39] | ”Love, Richard.” | |
[23:52] | I love you, Samantha. | 莎曼珊,我爱你 |
[23:55] | -I do. -You do? | -真的 -真的? |
[24:01] | And I love… | 而我爱… |
[24:04] | this. | 这个 |
[24:07] | Samantha could have said, ”I love you. ” | 她可以说“我爱你”的 |
[24:09] | But she was afraid it would cost her too much. | 但害怕代价太高 |
[24:12] | So she did what she did best. | 所以她尽量让他满意 |
[24:17] | So every other Saturday… | 隔周星期三、六 |
[24:19] | and Wednesday at 5:00 p.m., you take him. | 五点你带他? |
[24:22] | -I was thinking 4:57 p.m. would be better. -You think this is stupid. | -4.57会更好 -你认为这样很蠢? |
[24:26] | No, I just was thinking that things are going to get off-schedule. | 我在想… |
[24:31] | We’re talking about a kid, not a train. | 事情可能不照计划来 我们在讨论宝宝,不是火车 |
[24:34] | I’d offer to do that for you, but I don’t think it’s in the contract. | 我很乐意帮你 但是这不在契约上 |
[24:38] | Don’t give me a hard time. I could fart you into oblivion right now. | 不要故意整我 我可以放屁把你轰到外太空 |
[24:49] | That feels so great. | 这样好舒服,谢谢 |
[24:52] | Thanks. | |
[24:56] | -Steve, am I ugly? -What? | -史蒂夫,我很丑吗? -什么? |
[25:00] | No. You got that glow. | -才不会,你散发一种光芒 |
[25:03] | -But would you want to have sex with me? -What are you talking about? | -你愿意跟我上床吗? |
[25:08] | You’re pregnant. | 你在说什么?你怀孕了 |
[25:11] | And another charming side effect, aside from flatulence and bloating… | 除了浮肿胀气以外的副作用 |
[25:15] | is all I can think about is sex. | 就是我满脑子性 |
[25:18] | And who would want to have sex with me? | 谁愿意跟我上床? |
[25:22] | I’d like to have sex with you, but I’m pretty sure it’s not allowed. | 我愿意,但这是不可以的 |
[25:27] | I’ve read section B-1 4 in the contract… | 我读过契约里B14条 |
[25:32] | and it said nothing about sex. | -上面没提到性 |
[25:35] | Fuck the contract… | -去他的契约 |
[25:38] | and please fuck me. | 请跟我上床 |
[25:48] | -What? -You’re squishing me– | -什么?对不起 |
[25:50] | -I’m sorry. -No. | -你压到我了 |
[25:51] | That night, Steve gave Miranda multiple orgasms… | 那一晚 |
[25:56] | for what it’s worth. | 史蒂夫给米兰达多重的高潮 |
[25:57] | Just to be clear, this doesn’t mean we’re a couple. | 我们说清楚,这样并不是夫妻 |
[26:01] | This is a mercy fuck. | 只是同情的性 |
[26:12] | I’m sorry about the other day. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. | 前几天真是抱歉 我不是故意让你难过 |
[26:16] | You were right. I didn’t want to let go of being Mrs. Trey MacDougal. | 你说的对 我已经不是麦克道格太太了 |
[26:20] | I think you are coping amazingly well. | 你处理得非常好 |
[26:24] | I’m just scared. | -我只是害怕 |
[26:26] | I know. | -我了解,我也是 |
[26:29] | -Me, too. -Wow! -We’re alone again. -Yeah. | 我们又是一个人了 |
[26:47] | I want you to take the ring for your down payment. | 拿这个戒指付头期款 |
[26:50] | I can’t. You love this ring. | 不行,你很钟爱它 |
[26:53] | No, I love what the ring represented. | 我爱它代表的意义 |
[26:57] | No, you’re right. It would make things too complicated. | 这会让事情变得复杂 |
[27:00] | This is a straightforward business proposal. Clean and simple. | 这是公事上的提议 |
[27:04] | Why do I have all this money if I can’t help out a friend? | 简单明了 有钱不能帮朋友有什么意义? |
[27:07] | But it would be a loan. I’ll pay you back. | -借我的,我会还你 |
[27:09] | I know. | -我知道 |
[27:11] | I want you to think really carefully about this. | 我希望你仔细地考虑 |
[27:15] | I have. | 我考虑过了 |
[27:16] | Will you be comfortable knowing it will take me time to pay you back? | 你要知道我短时间还不出来 |
[27:20] | I will. | 我知道 |
[27:30] | I really appreciate this. | 我真的很感激 |
[27:32] | -I’ll pay you back. You know that, right? -I do. | 我会还你的,你知道吧? |
[27:37] | It’s okay. I trust you. Will you take the ring? | 我相信你,你接受吗? |
[27:44] | I will. Thank you. | 我接受,谢谢你 |
[27:48] | Charlotte had taken her painful past and turned it into my hopeful future… | 夏绿蒂将她痛苦的过去 转化成我希望的未来 |
[27:53] | and that made the ring priceless. | 让这只戒指变得无价 |
[27:57] | I start work at the museum next week. | 我下礼拜开始到美术馆上班 |
[28:00] | That’s great. Guess what. | 太棒了,我也让时尚杂志 |
[28:02] | I got Vogue up to $4.50 a word. | 加价到一个字四块半 |
[28:10] | I fixed the toilet, and should be done with this by the end of the afternoon. | 我把马桶修好了 其他的今天就可以完成 |
[28:13] | okay, great. Thank you. | 太好了,谢谢 |
[28:19] | It wasn’t quite as easy as clicking my Manolo Blahniks three times… | 这一切不像穿 曼诺罗布雷尼克一样简单 |
[28:23] | but it was worth it. I was home. | 但是绝对值得,我回家了 |
[28:34] | Subtitles provided by SoFTlTLER |