时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | In the life of a New Yorker… | 纽约客的每一天 |
[00:50] | there are several unpleasant things one will inevitably have to face.: | 必须面对许多令人不快的事 |
[00:54] | having your purse stolen, random public urination… | 皮包被偷 不小心看到别人随地大小便 |
[01:00] | and seeing a gay friend’s boyfriend in a Broadway revue. | 在百老汇歌舞剧中 看到男同性恋友人的男朋友 |
[01:06] | I think I understand the three-drink minimum now. | -我知道最低消费额是三杯 |
[01:09] | You’re not enjoying the revue? | -你不喜欢这出戏吗? |
[01:13] | Frankly, I’m more concerned about my own review in the Times. | 我比较担心我的纽约时报书评 |
[01:16] | oh, my God, right, your book’s reviewed this week. | 你的书这星期要做书评 |
[01:18] | -You must be so excited. -More like terrified. | 你一定很兴奋 应该说害怕才对 |
[01:21] | Michiko Kakutani. | 蜜奇可卡库塔妮 |
[01:24] | She’s the Times’ book critic. | 她是纽约时报的书评 |
[01:26] | I thought you were suggesting an appetizer. | 我还以为那是开胃菜的名称 |
[01:28] | -She’s brilliant, and she’s really tough. -And impossible to pronounce. | -她既聪明又难缠 -连名字都很难念 |
[01:33] | I think they’re bringing us home. | 我想我们可以回家了 |
[01:37] | How could you not love this? Look at my boyfriend. | 你怎么会不喜欢这出戏? |
[01:40] | He’s gorgeous. | 我男朋友帅呆了 |
[01:43] | And he can kick. | 他踢腿的动作很漂亮 |
[01:49] | Bravo! | 太棒了 |
[01:53] | Thank you. My boys Marcus Adante…. | |
[01:57] | Isn’t he great? He’s great, don’t you think? | 他真的很棒吧? |
[02:00] | -I have to go to the ladies’ room. -Now? They’re gonna do an encore. | 我要上洗手间 他们要做安可表演了 |
[02:04] | I have to go to the ladies’ room. | 我非去不可 |
[02:05] | Broadway’s best.: Debbie Cass. | 百老汇最棒的演员是黛比凯丝 |
[02:10] | Who would have thought the phrase, ”Go see your cousin Debbie’s club act”… | 谁想得到这句广告词 “到俱乐部看黛比表妹表演” |
[02:14] | could contain such horror? | 那么地令人害怕呢? |
[02:16] | I thought there’d be at least one straight guy here. | 我还以为可以遇见异性恋男人 |
[02:19] | I mean, if not in the audience, then at least behind the bar. | 就算在观众席里找不到 |
[02:24] | Hold on, ’cause tomorrow… | 在酒吧里应该也有吧 等一下,明天我们 |
[02:26] | we’re gonna cruise the cute pretzel guys at the Village Square Market. | 要到广场村 |
[02:31] | Is that as sad as that just sounded? | 找那些卖咸味脆饼的大帅哥 听起来很可悲吧? |
[02:34] | If it makes you feel any better, I had a thing for the Amish guys… | 我以前很喜欢 |
[02:37] | who make hairbrushes. | 制做梳子的阿曼派人 没错 |
[02:42] | Hi, you’re Carrie Bradshaw. | -你是凯莉布雷萧 |
[02:46] | Yeah, have we met? | -没错,我们认识吗? |
[02:48] | I recognized you from your column. | -我看过你的专栏 -太棒了 |
[02:51] | And I went out with Aidan right after you. | 你跟艾登分手后 我跟他开始交往 |
[02:59] | There I was, worried about the New York Times… | 我担心“纽约时报”的书评 |
[03:01] | when apparently I’d already been reviewed. | 但事实上大家已经批评过我了 |
[03:04] | I’m telling you, it was a hit-and-run. No, it was a face-and-run. | 我承认那是打带跑 不,应该说见了面就跑 |
[03:09] | Make it again. | 再说一次 |
[03:12] | Yeah, that ain’t good. | -那真的是不太妙 |
[03:14] | I think you’re being oversensitive, and it was a facial spasm or something. | -你太敏感了 |
[03:18] | A lot of people have them, like Bell’s palsy. | 那是脸部抽筋,很多人都有过 就跟颜面神经痹一样 |
[03:20] | No, it was not Bell’s palsy. | 那不是颜面神经痹 |
[03:22] | It was a full-frontal attack of the face like: | 她用她的表情表达对我的不屑 |
[03:26] | ”Wow, was he messed up. You really screwed him up good.” | 就像是“他真的很惨 你把他害得惨兮兮的” |
[03:30] | What did you say to her? | 你跟她说了什么? |
[03:32] | I didn’t have time to say anything. She just ran out of the bathroom. | 我一句话都没说,她转身就走 |
[03:35] | Fuck that fucking face girl. | -该死的抽筋女郎 |
[03:37] | -Well, when you put it like that…. -I’m sorry. | -你什么时候会那样子… |
[03:40] | I haven’t slept for days. Brady’s been crying non-stop. | 我好几天没睡 布莱迪一直哭个不停 |
[03:44] | -You poor thing. Can I do anything? -Put me out of my misery. | -好可怜,我帮得上忙吗? -救我离开痛苦的深渊吧 |
[03:47] | What’s wrong with him? Is he sick? | 他病了吗? |
[03:50] | No, he’s not sick. | 他没病,也不饿 |
[03:52] | He’s not hungry, he’s not teething, he just wants to scream. | 他还没有长牙,只是想哭 |
[03:55] | I’m doing everything I can, but I can’t please him. | 我哄不了他,如果他是 |
[03:57] | If he was 35, this is when we would break up. | 35岁的男人,我们已经分手了 |
[04:00] | -He has issues, clearly. -I’m telling you… | 他一定有什么话想说 |
[04:02] | this 13-pound meatloaf is pushing me over the edge. | 这个十三磅重的烤肉饼 快把我逼疯了,我觉得好恶心 |
[04:05] | I feel disgusting. All of my clothes smell like barf. | 我的衣服 闻起来跟呕吐物差不多 |
[04:09] | I don’t have time to shower, much less get a haircut. | 我没时间洗澡 更别提剪头发了 |
[04:12] | That reminds me, I have to confirm my appointment… | 那倒是提醒了我,我该确认 |
[04:15] | with John Mandy at the John Mandy Salon. | 约翰曼帝发廊的预约时间 |
[04:17] | You have no idea how hard it was to get this appointment. | 你们不知道 要跟他们约时间有多难 |
[04:22] | Hi, it’s Samantha Jones. | 我是莎曼珊琼斯 |
[04:24] | I’m calling to confirm my appointment Saturday… | 我想确认星期六的预约时间 |
[04:27] | for a cut-and-color with John. | 我要请约翰帮我剪发跟染发 |
[04:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[04:31] | Crisis averted. | 危机解除 |
[04:35] | Magda is waiting for me. Time to go back to prison. | 梅格在等我,我该回监狱去了 |
[04:38] | -Let me come with you. I can help. -You don’t have to do that. | -我跟你一起走,我可以帮你 -你不必那么做 |
[04:41] | No, it’s okay. Actually, I have a few questions… | 我有一些问题 |
[04:43] | because I’m meeting with the divorce lawyer on Monday. | 星期一我要见我的离婚律师 |
[04:46] | Ask him if I could get an injunction to stop a face. | 问他我可不可以申请禁制令 |
[04:50] | -Who did you get? -Matthew Bloom of Bloom & Goldenblatt. | 你找哪位律师? 布葛律师事务所的马修布鲁明 |
[04:54] | -What’s he like? -He’s smart, he’s tough. | -他是什么样的人? -他既聪明又难缠 |
[04:57] | But is he tough enough to beat Bunny to a pulp? | 他难缠到可以痛扁邦妮吗? |
[05:00] | -Yeah. -Good. | -没问题 -太棒了 |
[05:03] | okay, great. Bye, guys. Have a nice day. | 好了,大家再见 祝你们有愉快的一天 |
[05:06] | Miranda, call me if you need anything. | 米兰达,需要帮忙的话 打电话给我 |
[05:12] | Damn! Why is that girl still bothering me? | 该死,为什么那个女孩 还深深地困扰着我? |
[05:14] | Honey, you have to let it go. | 忘了她吧,如果我担心 |
[05:16] | If I worried what every bitch in New York said about me… | 每个臭女人对我的评语 |
[05:18] | I’d never leave the house. | 我永远都没办法出门 |
[05:21] | Early Monday morning, Charlotte met with her lawyer. | 星期一早上 夏绿蒂跟她的律师见面 |
[05:24] | He was smart, tough, and gorgeous. | 他既聪明又难缠,而且还很帅 |
[05:28] | You said you had some bad feelings about your mother-in-Iaw, Bunny MacDougal. | 你说你对你婆婆 邦妮麦克道格很感冒 |
[05:32] | Did l? | 我说过吗? |
[05:34] | I get a sense from her lawyer this is going to be a bit of a battle. | 跟她的律师接触过后 我觉得这会是一场硬仗 |
[05:38] | It was a battle, all right. The battle of the Charlottes. | 这的确是一场硬仗 夏绿蒂的内心在交战 |
[05:41] | The Charlotte who wanted to seem attractive to her adorable lawyer… | 想要吸引英俊律师的夏绿蒂 |
[05:45] | and the Charlotte who wanted to kick Bunny MacDougal’s ass. | 跟想要痛扁 邦妮麦克道格的夏绿蒂在交战 |
[05:49] | It looks to me that Mrs. MacDougal has been very busy hiding assets… | 麦克道格太太 一直在隐藏她的财产 |
[05:52] | to make sure you don’t get anything. | 以确保你什么东西都拿不到 |
[05:59] | I just really want what was promised. I want my apartment. | 我真的只想拿我该拿的东西 我只要我的公寓 |
[06:03] | Technically, it’s not your apartment. Trey’s family owns it. | 技术上来说,它不是你的 崔的家族拥有它 |
[06:06] | She was very careful to ensure your name was not on the deed. | 她很小心地确保 房契上没有你的名字 |
[06:09] | What? Trey gave me that apartment. | 崔给了我那间公寓 |
[06:12] | Sorry. Usually, I’m a very refined person. | 抱歉,通常我都是很优雅的 |
[06:15] | With your husband out of the country, I’m gonna need you to be more specific. | 因为你丈夫不在国内 你应该更详细地说出你的需求 |
[06:19] | Charlotte realized she could never be as ugly as she needed to be… | 夏绿蒂了解她永远 不可能摆出恶婆娘的样子 |
[06:22] | in front of a man she considered so handsome. | 特别是在大帅哥面前 |
[06:26] | Sorry to bust in. There’s a bagel here with my name on it. | 抱歉打扰你们了 这个贝果应该是我的 |
[06:29] | My partner, Harry Goldenblatt. | 哈利葛登布拉特,夏绿蒂约克 |
[06:31] | Harry, Charlotte York. I’m handling her divorce. | 我负责她的离婚案 |
[06:33] | How you doing? You’re in the right hands here. | 你好吗?你真的是找对人了 |
[06:37] | He’s a killer. | 他是个杀手 |
[06:41] | Who the hell ordered blueberry bagels? | 谁订了蓝莓口味的? |
[06:44] | I’m talking to Thelma about this. Good luck to you. | 我该跟希尔玛谈谈此事 祝你好运 |
[06:51] | Is he a killer, too? | 他也是个杀手吗? |
[06:54] | And just like that, Charlotte changed lawyers. | 于是夏绿蒂换了律师 |
[07:00] | After a grueling day, which included leg, eyebrow, and bikini waxes… | 在累了一天 除了脚毛、眉毛跟耻毛后 |
[07:05] | Samantha decided to reward herself with a night of R and R. | 莎曼珊决定好好睡一觉 奖赏自己一下 |
[07:17] | Unfortunately, her favorite vibrator needed a little CPR. | 不幸的是她最喜欢的按摩棒 需要急救一下 |
[07:35] | Brady, please. What? | 布莱迪,求求你,什么? |
[07:39] | I cannot read your mind. | 我不知道你在想什么 |
[07:51] | -Who is it? -4-D. | -谁? -我是四楼的住户 |
[07:56] | -It’s 2:30 in the morning. -I know. | 现在是凌晨两点半 |
[07:58] | -I’m sorry. -You gotta stop that baby from crying. | -我知道,对不起 -你该哄宝宝别哭了 |
[08:02] | I said I was sorry, but I have a baby… | 我说过对不起了,我家有宝宝 |
[08:05] | and sometimes babies make noise. That’s what they do. | 有时候宝宝会哭闹不停 |
[08:08] | I know that. I have a baby, too. | 我知道,我家也有宝宝 |
[08:10] | And if you ever bothered to say hello in the elevator, you’d know that. | 如果你愿意跟我打交道 你应该很清楚这一点 |
[08:14] | I’m Kendall, my baby is Alika. Have a nice night. | 我是卡妲儿,我女儿叫艾丽卡 祝你有愉快的一晚 |
[08:18] | Evidently, Miranda had been getting bad reviews from inside her own building. | 很明显地 米兰达的邻居对她很不爽 |
[08:23] | As for my review, I guess I was pretty nervous. | 至于我的书评,我觉得很紧张 |
[08:27] | -Times. -Thank you. | -纽约时报 -谢谢你 |
[08:28] | I hadn’t been up this early since Princess Diana’s wedding. | 自从黛安娜王妃的婚礼后 我没有这么早起床过 |
[08:36] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[08:40] | ”All in all, I enjoyed spending time… | “总而言之我喜欢布雷萧小姐 |
[08:42] | ”in Ms. Bradshaw’s sharp, funny, finely-drawn world… | 尖锐有趣的精致世界” |
[08:47] | ”where single women rule, and the men are disposable.” | “在这个世界里女人主宰一切 |
[08:52] | ouch! | 男人跟垃圾一样”,天啊 |
[08:54] | I believe what you have there is a rave review from the New York Times. | 我相信 纽约时报对你是佳评如潮 |
[08:58] | ”The men are disposable”? | “男人是垃圾”? |
[09:01] | -I don’t dispose of men, do l? -No. | 我没有把男人当垃圾吧? |
[09:04] | Michiko Kakutani thinks so, and I always agree with her. | -没有 -蜜奇可卡库塔妮是那么想的 |
[09:07] | Fuck Michiko Kakutani. | -我一直都赞同她的想法 -去她的 |
[09:09] | -No sleep again? -Actually, it was a good night. | -你又没睡了? -昨晚我睡得很好 |
[09:13] | I got a whole hour. | 我睡了整整一小时 |
[09:16] | I can’t believe I have to go and pretend to be a lawyer now. | 我不敢相信 现在我必须假装自己是个律师 |
[09:21] | -Can I wear a baseball cap to work? -With what shoes? | -我能戴棒球帽去上班吗? -你要配哪双鞋子? |
[09:25] | My God, listen to me going on and on about Michiko Kakutani… | 我会反驳蜜奇可卡库塔妮 |
[09:28] | when you have real problems. | 如果你真的想告她 |
[09:30] | So can I obsess for another minute? | 我能再跟你谈谈吗? |
[09:32] | Just don’t say her name again. | 别说出她的名字 |
[09:34] | It’ll push me over the edge. | 那会把我逼疯 |
[09:35] | So, yes, some of the men in the book are maybe a little disposable… | 书里有些男人或许是垃圾 |
[09:40] | but this makes it sound like I think men are disposable in life. | 但她的说法让大家以为 我把我生命里所有男人当垃圾 |
[09:45] | What? What’s with the pause? | -什么?你怎么不说话? |
[09:48] | I’m sorry. I fell asleep for a second. | -抱歉,我刚刚睡着了 |
[09:51] | That’s a terrible thing to think about me. | 这件事光想起来就觉得很可怕 |
[09:54] | oh, my God, that’s what the face meant. | 所以她才会摆出那种表情 |
[09:57] | Do you think that Aidan thinks that I think he was disposable? | 你认为艾登觉得 我把他当垃圾看待吗? |
[10:01] | Carrie, you did not throw Aidan away. | 你没有抛弃艾登 |
[10:03] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[10:05] | That girl thinks I did. He must have said something like that to her. | 那个女孩认为我抛弃了艾登 他一定跟她说了什么 |
[10:09] | Where else would she get it? | 不然她怎么会那么想呢? |
[10:11] | Steve and Aidan are close. Has Steve ever said anything to you? | 史蒂夫跟艾登走得很近 |
[10:14] | -Does Steve hate me now? -Carrie, you’re spinning. | 他说过什么吗?他恨我吗? |
[10:18] | -Steve doesn’t hate you. -Then how come I never see him anymore? | 你在乱想,他不恨你 为什么我从来没见过他? |
[10:21] | You never see him because I have to keep him away. | 因为我不想让他接近我 |
[10:24] | Because if I see him now, I’ll ask him to marry me… | 我一见到他就想请他娶我 |
[10:28] | just to give me some help. | 要他来帮我忙 |
[10:30] | I worked very hard at taking care of Aidan’s feelings. | 我很在乎艾登的感觉 |
[10:33] | Will you mention that to Steve? | 你一定要告诉史蒂夫 |
[10:35] | -Because if Aidan told Steve– -Carrie, you know what? | -如果艾登跟史蒂夫说… -你知道吗? |
[10:38] | Maybe you should call your girlfriend Samantha. | 或许你该打电话给莎曼珊 |
[10:41] | She has all kinds of time to talk about this kind of stuff. | 她有的是时间跟你谈这种事 |
[10:44] | I know it’s me… | 我知道这是我的问题 |
[10:46] | and I’m jealous of her free time and all… | 我很嫉妒她有那么多闲工夫 |
[10:49] | but if she could maybe just once acknowledge the fact that I’ve had a baby…. | 真希望她能够了解我有孩子 |
[11:00] | It’s not enough I’ve alienated my neighbor. | 我跟邻居疏远还不够 |
[11:03] | Now I’m alienating my friends. | -现在我跟朋友也很疏远 |
[11:05] | You’re not alienating anyone. | -你没有跟任何人疏远 |
[11:07] | Tell that to 4-D. She’s pissed off I don’t know her name. | 去跟四楼说吧,她真的很生气 我不知道她叫什么名字 |
[11:10] | -Do you know your neighbors’ names? -Please. | -你认识你的邻居吗? -拜托 |
[11:13] | I’m a bad neighbor and a bad mother. | -我是个恶邻居跟坏妈妈 |
[11:15] | -That’s not true. You’re doing great. -Yeah, right. | -才不是,你做得很好 |
[11:19] | You’re just having a bad week. | -是 -你只是这星期过得不顺 |
[11:21] | Can I do anything to help? | -有什么需要我帮忙的吗? |
[11:23] | That helps, just asking. | -你的关心就帮了我很大的忙 |
[11:27] | I’m late. I gotta go. | 我要迟到了,我要挂电话了 |
[11:29] | Congratulations on the review. | 关于书评的事恭喜你了 谢谢 |
[11:41] | Why is it that we only seem to believe the negative things people say about us… | 为什么我们只相信 别人对我们说的那些坏话? |
[11:45] | no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary? | 不论有多少的证据 证明他们的话是错的 |
[11:48] | A neighbor, a face, an ex-boyfriend… | 不论是邻居、路人或是前男友 |
[11:51] | can cancel out everything we thought was once true. | 都能抹杀掉我们相信的一切 |
[11:55] | odd, but when it comes to life and love… | 说到生活跟爱,为什么 |
[11:58] | why do we believe our worst reviews? | 我们都相信最糟糕的那一面? |
[12:07] | After a long day in court, Miranda faced another jury. | 在法院度过漫长的一天后 米兰达还要面对另一个陪审团 |
[12:14] | Don’t cry. | 别哭 |
[12:38] | And at City Bakery, Samantha and I were reviewing the desserts. | 在城市面包坊 莎曼珊跟我在评论甜点 |
[12:42] | Delish. | 好好吃…如果你愿意帮我忙 |
[12:45] | I’ll buy you dessert if you do something for me. | 我请你吃甜点 |
[12:47] | -I’m not eating desserts this week. -Come on, best brownies in New York. | -我这星期不吃甜点 -全纽约最棒的布朗尼蛋糕 |
[12:52] | Bastard. | 混蛋 |
[12:54] | I’ll take a brownie. | 我要一块布朗尼蛋糕 |
[12:56] | -What do you need me to do? -It’s about Miranda and the baby. | -你要什么? -我想谈米兰达跟宝宝的事 |
[12:59] | -Forget the brownie. -No, she’ll take the brownie. | -我不要布朗尼蛋糕 -不,她会要的 |
[13:03] | Babies are not my scene. | 我对宝宝的事不拿手 |
[13:07] | And from what I’ve heard, this one sounds like an asshole. | 这个宝宝似乎是个混蛋 |
[13:10] | -You can’t call a baby an asshole. -Why not? She called it a meatloaf. | -你不能骂宝宝是混蛋 -她叫他烤肉饼 |
[13:13] | I don’t think it would kill all of us to be a little more supportive. | 我想支持一下米兰达 要不了我们的命 |
[13:17] | All right. | 好吧,他念大学时 |
[13:19] | When he’s in college, I’ll take him for a drink and flirt with his friends. How’s that? | 我会带他出去喝一杯 跟他的朋友们打情骂俏 |
[13:23] | Maybe you could just stop by tomorrow and say: | 你明天该过去跟她问候 |
[13:26] | ”I hear you had a baby. How’s that going?” | “听说你生孩子,还好吧?” |
[13:28] | I have no time. I’m booked all day. | 我没时间 我整天的行程排得满满的 |
[13:32] | I have my hair appointment, and I’m returning a vibrator before that. | 我跟发型设计师约好了 还要去退还按摩棒 |
[13:36] | Hair and a vibrator? | 弄头发跟按摩棒 |
[13:38] | Yes, that is my life, and I don’t have to justify it. | 对,那就是我的生活 我不必为此辩解 |
[13:42] | I hate it when people have babies… | 我讨厌人一旦有孩子 |
[13:44] | and they suddenly expect you turn into a Norman Rockwell painting. | 就期待你变得 跟诺曼罗克韦尔画中人物一样 |
[13:47] | We’re not talking about people, we’re talking about our friend. | 米兰达不是别人 |
[13:51] | And she’s sinking. | 她是我们的朋友,她快疯了 |
[13:55] | What, so, Miranda’s like Venice? | 米兰达喜欢威尼斯? |
[13:57] | That’ll be $1 4.20. | 一共是十四块两角 |
[14:01] | She’s paying for the brownie. | 布朗尼蛋糕算她的 |
[14:07] | Julia, hi. | 凯莉 |
[14:10] | This is my friend Samantha. This is Julia Afton. | 你也来了,茱丽雅 |
[14:12] | We work together at Vogue. | 这位是莎曼珊,茱丽雅亚佛顿 |
[14:14] | Hardly. She gets to run in and out once a month… | 我们是时尚杂志的同事 |
[14:17] | while I’m chained to the hem of Anna Wintour. | 她一个月只进办公室一次 我要跟安娜温托周旋到底 |
[14:21] | -There’s my friend. Nina. -I’m here. | -我的朋友妮娜来了 -我在这里 |
[14:25] | -It is about time. -Sorry I’m late. | -你也该到了 -抱歉我迟到了 |
[14:30] | Carrie, hi. | 凯莉,你好 |
[14:31] | There I was, face to face with the face girl. | 我又跟那个给我脸色看的女人 面对面 |
[14:35] | -How do you two know each other? -I’ll tell you over lunch. | -你们怎么会认识? -吃完午餐后我再告诉你 |
[14:38] | Nina Katz, hi. Samantha Jones. | -妮娜凯兹,莎曼珊琼斯 |
[14:41] | Hi, nice to see you again. | -很高兴能再见到你 我们可以吃饭了吗? |
[14:43] | -Can we eat? I’m starvation central. -okey-dokey. See you. | 我快饿死了 |
[14:47] | Bye, Carrie. | -再见 -再见,凯莉 |
[14:50] | How do you know Nina Katz? | -你怎么会认识妮娜凯兹? |
[14:52] | How do you know Nina Katz? | -你怎么认识他? |
[14:54] | Everybody knows Nina Katz. She’s the booker for Saturday Night Live. | 大家都认识她,她是 “周末夜现场”的节目制作 |
[14:58] | -She’s also the face girl. -No! | -就是她给我脸色看 |
[15:01] | Nina Katz is the…. | -不,妮娜凯兹是… |
[15:03] | Exactly. | 没错,太棒了 |
[15:05] | -Great. That face will be all over Vogue. -Not to mention SNL. | 她会告诉全时尚杂志的人 |
[15:09] | Nina Katz loves to talk. | 更别提“周末夜现场” 妮娜凯兹是个大嘴巴 |
[15:11] | $15.30. | -一共是十五块三角 |
[15:13] | I’m going to need a big brownie as well. | -我也要吃块布朗尼蛋糕 |
[15:18] | The next day, Samantha did some personal shopping. | 隔天莎曼珊自己一个人去血拼 |
[15:22] | Very personal. | 一件很私人的东西 |
[15:25] | -Can I help you? -Yes, I’d like to return this vibrator. | -有什么需要我效劳的吗? -是的,这个按摩棒要退货 |
[15:30] | We don’t sell vibrators. | -我们不卖按摩棒 |
[15:32] | Yes, you do. I bought it here six months ago. | -六个月前我在这里买了它 |
[15:34] | That’s not a vibrator. It’s a neck massager. | 那不是按摩棒 那是电动颈部按摩器 |
[15:37] | No, it’s a vibrator. | 不,它是按摩棒 |
[15:40] | Sharper image doesn’t sell vibrators. It’s a neck massager. | 锐影电器不卖按摩棒 那是电动颈部按摩器 |
[15:44] | You expect me to believe that women buy these to help their sore necks? | 女人买这玩意治疗颈部酸痛? |
[15:48] | -It’s a neck massager. -Fine. | 那是电动颈部按摩器 |
[15:51] | -I’d like to return this neck massager. -What’s wrong with it? | 好吧 我要退还这个电动颈部按摩器 |
[15:55] | It failed to get me off. | -它出了什么问题? -它没办法让我达到高潮 |
[15:59] | It has a warranty, and it just stopped. Made the saddest little sound. | 它有保证期限,却动都不动 只会发出可悲的哀叫声 |
[16:03] | -Perhaps you wore it out. -Honey, it wouldn’t be the first one. | -或许你把它累坏了 -它不是第一个 |
[16:07] | Fine. Just find another, and go to the cashier. | 好吧,你再拿一个 直接到柜台结帐就行了 |
[16:15] | I know a man who’s in desperate need of a neck massage. | 我知道有个男人 很需要帮脖子按摩一下 |
[16:20] | You don’t want that one. Too many bells and whistles. | 千万别买那个 它滴滴答答地吵死人了 |
[16:26] | That one actually works against you. | 那个按摩棒不合用 |
[16:29] | If we wanted to work that hard, we’d get us a man. Am I right? | 如果我们真的想达到高潮 还是要靠男人才行 |
[16:32] | Samantha instantly established herself… | 莎曼珊马上让自己成为 |
[16:35] | as the Michiko Kakutani of vibrators. | 按摩棒界的蜜奇可卡库塔妮 |
[16:38] | -I think that one actually is a back massager. -Not if you mount it. | 事实上那是电动背部按摩棒 你可以坐在它上面试试看 |
[16:45] | No, absolutely not. That will burn your clit off. | 当然不行,那会烫伤你的私处 |
[16:48] | -Even with underwear? -Even with ski pants. | -穿着内裤时也会吗? -穿滑雪裤也一样 |
[17:12] | I brought you something. | 我拿了样东西给你 |
[17:15] | It belongs to Alika. An oscillating chair. | 这是艾丽卡的摇椅 |
[17:20] | It helps. | -它真的很好用 |
[17:23] | Come on in. | -请进 |
[17:29] | Hey, there, Mr. Mouth. | 你好,爱哭鬼宝宝 |
[17:32] | What have you got to say that is so important? | 你为什么哭过不停? |
[17:35] | I’m sorry. It’s just been non-stop. | 抱歉,他没有停过 |
[17:39] | Now, this chair… | 有人不建议用这种摇椅 |
[17:41] | is a little controversial… | |
[17:44] | but I don’t give a shit. | 我才不在乎 |
[17:46] | ‘Cause it stopped my baby from crying… | 只要让宝宝不再哭就好了 |
[17:48] | when I was about ready to throw myself off the fire escape. | 我正打算跳防火梯自杀 |
[17:52] | Sounds good. | 听起来挺不错的 |
[18:00] | oh, my God! | 天啊,这张椅子是天才 |
[18:02] | The chair is genius. | |
[18:04] | Something about the vibration…. I don’t know. | 我不知道,应该是震动的关系 |
[18:07] | They love it. Alika could sit in it for hours. | 宝宝喜欢那种感觉 |
[18:13] | How come you haven’t heard about this? Don’t your girlfriends have babies? | 艾丽卡一坐就是好几个小时 你怎么没听过这种椅子? |
[18:17] | -No, I’m the only one. -Then you’re screwed. | -你的女性朋友都没有宝宝? -没错,我是唯一的妈妈 |
[18:22] | Actually, they’ve been very helpful. | -那你死定了 -她们帮了我很多忙 |
[18:23] | If they don’t have kids, they don’t have a clue. | 如果她们没有孩子 就不知道该怎么帮你 |
[18:30] | Miranda, you’re not a bad mother. | 米兰达,你不是个坏妈妈 |
[18:33] | You just didn’t have the chair. | 你只是没有买摇椅 |
[18:37] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[18:41] | Kendall. | 卡妲儿 |
[18:48] | Three blissful baby hours later. | 宝宝安静了三小时后… |
[18:51] | -Samantha, what’re you doing here? -I’m not Samantha, you are. | -莎曼珊,你来这里做什么? -我不是莎曼珊,你才是 |
[18:54] | You have a 5:30 appointment with John Mandy at the John Mandy Salon. | 五点半你该到约翰曼帝发廊去 |
[18:58] | -Go. -What? | 快出发吧 |
[19:01] | I can’t take your– | 什么?我不能占走你的… |
[19:03] | I’m counting to five, then I’m changing my mind. | 我数到五,然后我会改变心意 |
[19:05] | Really? You want to baby-sit? | -你要帮我看宝宝? |
[19:08] | -Five, four– -okay. | -五,四… |
[19:12] | I don’t know what to say. I can’t believe it. | 我不知道该说什么 我不敢相信 |
[19:15] | Neither can I, but here I am, Mary fucking Poppins. | 我也不敢相信,但我来了 |
[19:20] | Thank you. | 我会是个好保姆 谢谢你 |
[19:23] | The numbers are on the fridge, and don’t take him out of that chair. | 电话号码在冰箱上 别抱他离开那张椅子 |
[19:27] | It’s the only thing that keeps him quiet. | 只有它能让他安静下来 |
[19:31] | And don’t call boys. | 别打电话约男人过来 |
[19:44] | You don’t look so bad. | 你看起来还不算太糟 |
[19:52] | Meanwhile, in a chair across town… | 同时在纽约的另外一边 |
[19:54] | I was enjoying an afternoon of absolutely nothing. | 我享受着什么都不必做的午后 (节目制作妮娜凯兹) |
[20:17] | Do you think Nina Katz is telling random celebrity hosts… | 你觉得妮娜会告诉 参加节目的来宾 |
[20:21] | -that I’m the bad-breakup girlfriend? -What? | 我是伤透 她男友心的前女友吗? |
[20:24] | You said she loved to talk. Do you think she’s trashing me to, say… | -什么? -你说过她是个大嘴巴 |
[20:27] | a Gwyneth Paltrow or an lan McKellen? | 你觉得她会跟葛妮斯派特洛 或伊恩麦克连说我的坏话吗? |
[20:30] | You can’t be serious. | 你不会是认真的吧? |
[20:32] | Don’t get me wrong. I don’t flatter myself… | 我不是吹嘘葛妮斯派特洛 |
[20:34] | that a Gwyneth Paltrow or an lan McKellen would be interested in my love life. | 或伊恩麦克连 |
[20:39] | Are you at a zoo? | 会对我的爱情生活有兴趣 但是…你在动物园里吗? |
[20:40] | No, thanks to you, I am at Miranda’s… | 不,但这都得谢谢你 我在米兰达家 |
[20:42] | and Brady won’t stop screaming, and I don’t know what to do. | 布莱迪一直哭个不停 我不知道该怎么办 |
[20:46] | -You’re at Miranda’s? -I sent her to get my haircut. | -你在米兰达家? -我让她代替我去剪头发 |
[20:50] | -That was nice. -Yes, and now I’m being punished. | -那真的是太棒了 -没错,现在我被惩罚了 |
[20:54] | -So he’s not hurt? -No. | -他受伤了吗? -不 |
[20:56] | -or wet? -No. | -尿布湿了? |
[20:57] | Then I don’t know what his problem is. | -不 |
[20:59] | His problem is he’s an asshole. | -我不知道他有什么问题 -他是个混蛋 |
[21:03] | -Maybe you should call Miranda. -I will not. | -或许你该打电话给米兰达 -我不会那么做 |
[21:06] | It took me months to get that appointment. Someone should benefit. | 我努力了几个月才约到设计师 一定要有人因此受惠 |
[21:09] | I’ll find some way to keep this kid quiet. Goodbye. | 我会想办法让这个小鬼安静 |
[21:13] | No, wait, what about Nina? | 再见了 |
[21:15] | Maybe Charlotte has the time to talk about this kind of stuff. | -妮娜呢? -或许夏绿蒂有时间跟你谈 |
[21:18] | I have a screaming baby on my hands. | 我必须对付一个爱哭的小鬼 |
[21:25] | What? What do you need? | 什么?你需要什么? |
[21:32] | Well, that’s better. | 那样好多了 |
[21:35] | -Is everything okay? -Absolutely. The chair thing broke. | -一切都没事吧? |
[21:38] | -But, you know, shit happens. -The chair broke? | -当然 -摇椅坏了,但发生了奇迹 |
[21:42] | But what did you…. I mean, did he…. | -摇椅坏了? |
[21:51] | That better be brand-new. | 但你怎么…我是说他… 那最好是全新的 |
[21:54] | Monday morning, Harry Goldenblatt did his best… | 星期一早上 哈利葛登布拉特使出全身解数 |
[21:57] | to make sure Bunny didn’t hop all over Charlotte. | 确定邦妮不会吃掉夏绿蒂 |
[22:00] | Mrs. MacDougal is willing to offer… | 麦克道格太太 |
[22:03] | her son’s collection of mint-condition silver Buffalo coins. | 愿意提供她儿子的收集品 包括他收集的钱币跟水牛银币 |
[22:06] | Could we get off the coin collection? She’s not going to settle for that. | 她不想接受那些钱币收集品 |
[22:11] | According to the pre-nup…. | 根据婚前… |
[22:13] | This is ridiculous. Trey gave me that apartment. | 这太可笑了 崔给了我那间公寓 |
[22:17] | She gave him her word. Till death do them part. | 她答应要嫁给他 |
[22:21] | Bunny, if you have something to say to me– | 至死才会跟他分离 -如果你有话要说… |
[22:23] | -Fine. I shall. -I strongly recommend– | -没错 |
[22:26] | Allan, hush. | -我强烈建议… -亚伦,闭嘴 |
[22:28] | You, my dear, took a vow. | 你发过誓,但一切不如你意时 |
[22:30] | And when things didn’t go your way, you simply broke that vow. | 你违背了自己的誓言 |
[22:34] | I come from a generation of women that valued marriage. | 我这一代的妇女非常重视婚姻 |
[22:37] | We believed in ”for better or for worse.” | 我们相信不论发生什么事 |
[22:40] | Not ”for better, or until the road gets rocky.” | 我们会跟丈夫白首偕老 至死不渝 |
[22:43] | When I think of the heartache and shame… | 当我想到你让我儿子 |
[22:48] | you caused my dear boy… | 感到心痛丢脸 |
[22:50] | I’m amazed that you could even come here and look me in the face. | 我很讶异你竟然敢看着我 |
[22:54] | Charlotte couldn’t fight any more. | 夏绿蒂无法再坚持下去 |
[22:56] | It seemed to her she’d been fighting for this marriage forever. | 看来她永远无法摆脱这段婚姻 |
[23:00] | Be advised, young lady, I’m more than prepared to go to court. | 我必须警告你,小姑娘 我打算告上法庭 |
[23:09] | It’s the coin collection. Take it or leave it. | 你只能拿到钱币 要不要随便你 |
[23:11] | Just hold on. | 我们办公室刚收到麦克道格 |
[23:13] | Apparently, our office received a telegram from Scotland from Dr. MacDougal. | 从苏格兰拍来的电报 |
[23:17] | -Shall I read it? -By all means. | -要我念给大家听吗? -当然 |
[23:21] | ”Charlotte York was a wonderful wife. Stop. | 夏绿蒂约克是个好太太,句点 |
[23:24] | ”She did nothing wrong. Stop. | 她没有做错事,句点 |
[23:27] | ”Give her everything she wants. Stop. | 她要什么都给她,句点 |
[23:30] | ”Seriously, Mother. Stop.” | 我是认真的,妈妈,句点 |
[23:34] | That’s the thing about reviews. | 那是最出人意表的事 |
[23:36] | Sometimes, when you least expect it, you get a rave. | 在你最意想不到的时候 |
[23:44] | Just the apartment. | 给你一个大惊喜 -她只能拿走公寓 |
[23:46] | I’ll have papers drawn up, so Mrs. MacDougal can transfer the deed. | -我会把文件准备好 让麦克道格太太办过户 |
[23:50] | Even though things had gotten ugly… | 即使情势恶劣 |
[23:53] | Charlotte didn’t want them to end that way. | 夏绿蒂仍奋战到最后一秒 |
[23:55] | I’m sorry things didn’t work out better for all of us. | 我很抱歉情况不如预期 亚伦 |
[24:03] | Charlotte realized there was no such thing as a fairy-tale divorce either. | 夏绿蒂知道 离婚不可能以喜剧收场 |
[24:07] | ”Ding dong, the witch is dead.” | 太棒了,那个老巫婆输了 |
[24:16] | And farther uptown, still unable to let it go… | 在上城区,我还是无法忘怀 |
[24:20] | Nina Katz and that face had driven me to face my worst fear. | 妮娜凯兹跟她的神情逼我面对 内心最深沉的恐惧 |
[24:24] | So, Steve, I know I was kind of vague on the phone– | 我知道在电话里我说的很暧昧 |
[24:27] | It’s Miranda, right? She doesn’t want me to call her so much. It’s fine. | 是米兰达吧?她不希望 我打电话给她,没关系 |
[24:30] | No, it’s not about Miranda. It’s about…. | 这件事跟米兰达无关 |
[24:36] | -How does Aidan feel about me? -Jeez, no. | 艾登对我有什么感觉? |
[24:39] | You’re not going to try to get back together with him again, are you? | 你该不会想跟他复合吧? |
[24:43] | No, but that pretty much answers any question I had about how you feel. | 不,但那回答了我的问题 |
[24:49] | So, what, does he hate me? | -他恨我吗? |
[24:52] | No, but come on, Carrie, it was pretty bad. | -不,但你的确伤他很深 |
[24:55] | How bad? | 有多深?史蒂夫 |
[24:58] | -Steve, the ball. -Sorry. | -史蒂夫,别玩球 -抱歉 |
[25:00] | How is he now? | -他现在好吗? |
[25:02] | -Great. He’s great. -Good. | -他很好 |
[25:07] | Now. | -很好 -他现在很好 |
[25:09] | But back then, he couldn’t get out of bed for like…. | 但那个时候他没办法起床 大概有… |
[25:15] | -What? Days, weeks? -Like, a month. | 几天或几星期吗? |
[25:18] | -I brought him chicken wings. -oh, Christ. | 一个月 |
[25:20] | I don’t mean to make you feel bad. | 我会买鸡翅送去给他吃 |
[25:24] | A month? | -天啊 -我无意让你难过 |
[25:25] | Yeah, he was devastated. | -一个月 -对,他真的是一团糟 |
[25:27] | He lost his ability to open up and trust women. | 他没办法打开心胸相信女人 |
[25:33] | ”He lost his ability to open up and trust women”? | 他没办法打开心胸相信女人 |
[25:37] | Did he tell you that? | 他那样跟你说? |
[25:39] | No, guys don’t talk about shit like that. We just ate wings. | 男人不会谈那种事 |
[25:42] | But the girl, Nina, he was dating, she told me that. | 我们一起吃鸡翅 是跟他约会的妮娜告诉我的 |
[25:44] | okay, we’re looking for the cute pretzel guys. | 我们要找卖咸味脆饼的大帅哥 |
[25:47] | How come you never wanted to cruise guys when I was available? | 你不必在我单身时四处找男人 |
[25:50] | This isn’t about cruising, it’s about clarity. | 我必须把事情说清楚 |
[25:52] | That face chick is hitting a little too close to home. | 妮娜凯兹做得太过分了 |
[25:55] | I want to find her and tell her my side of the breakup story. | 我要告诉她我为什么要分手 |
[25:58] | -Why? You know what you and Aidan had. -I know it, but she doesn’t. | -你知道你跟艾登拥有过什么 -没错,但她不知道 |
[26:01] | And she’s yip-yapping her version all over town. | 她到处告诉别人她的说法 |
[26:04] | It only takes one bad review to cancel out all the good word-of-mouth. | 好事不出门,坏事传千里 |
[26:08] | -What do you think of Marcus? -Nice. | -你对马可斯有什么看法? -他不错 |
[26:11] | I mean, relationships are complicated. You can’t reduce them to a face. | 爱情关系很复杂 一个眼神无法说明一切 |
[26:15] | -I know that Aidan has feelings– -okay, stop. | -我知道艾登他有感觉… -好吧,别说了 |
[26:18] | I am done. | 我受够了 |
[26:21] | I’ve listened to you talk about Aidan, for what… | 我听你谈艾登谈了十条街 |
[26:24] | ten blocks, and two years? | 两年来你一直在提他 |
[26:27] | And I’ve been a wonderful audience. | 我一直是个好听众 |
[26:29] | And I ask you about my Marcus, and all I get is ”nice”? | 我问你对马可斯有什么感觉 你只说“他不错” |
[26:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[26:37] | How many relationships have I been in since you’ve known me? | 你认识我后 我交过几个男朋友? |
[26:40] | Real or imaginary? | 真的还是想像的? |
[26:43] | Come on, your opinion means a lot to me. | 我非常重视你的意见 |
[26:46] | You’re my Machiko Kakamatsa. | 你是我的良师益友 |
[26:49] | So, now what, you want me to review your relationship? | 你要我评论你的爱情世界? |
[26:52] | -Immediately, if not sooner. -okay, well… | -请说吧 -我喜欢他让你觉得快乐 |
[26:55] | I like that he makes you happy. | 我的天啊 凯莉 |
[27:02] | okay, one more time, and you are officially stalking me. | 你又在敷衍我 |
[27:08] | -Hi, I’m Heather. -Heather Graham. I know. I love you. | 你好,我是海瑟 |
[27:11] | I’m Stanford Blatch. | 海瑟洛葛拉汉,我知道 我爱你,我是史丹佛巴勒奇 |
[27:12] | -Sorry. Heather, this is Carrie Bradshaw. -Carrie Bradshaw, really? | -海瑟,这位是凯莉布雷萧 -她是凯莉布雷萧,真的吗? 好吧,妮娜 |
[27:23] | I need to talk to you for a second, alone, if I can. | 如果有空的话 我想跟你单独谈一谈 |
[27:27] | Miss Graham, may I buy you a pretzel? | 洛葛拉汉小姐 我请你吃咸味脆饼 |
[27:30] | -okay. -Get me one. | 没问题 |
[27:32] | -A man or a pretzel? -Whatever has less carbs. | -帮我买一个 -你要男人还是咸味脆饼? |
[27:35] | Right. | -碳水化合物少的那一个 -好吧 |
[27:40] | I get the sense that you have a sort of feeling… | 我了解你对艾登发生过的事 |
[27:43] | about what happened with Aidan, and I just want to clear something up. | 觉得很愤怒 我想澄清一下 |
[27:48] | Breakups are awful, and they are private. | 分手是件很难受的事 它们是一种隐私 |
[27:52] | And they are not necessarily symptomatic… | 它们不代表双方的性格 |
[27:55] | of what two people had together. | |
[27:59] | I loved Aidan very much. | 我曾经非常爱艾登 |
[28:02] | And I would never, ever have done anything to deliberately hurt him. | 我不会做出 任何故意伤害他的事 |
[28:07] | okay. | 好吧 |
[28:08] | Suddenly, I realized the critic I was most afraid of wasn’t Nina Katz. | 突然我了解到我最害怕的 并非妮娜凯兹的批评 |
[28:13] | It was me. | 而是我对自己的责难 那么… |
[28:18] | Bye. | 再见了 |
[28:20] | The truth is, at any given moment… | 真相是不论在什么时候 |
[28:23] | someone, somewhere could be making a face about you. | 在某个地方会有某个人 摆脸色给你看 |
[28:28] | But it’s the reviews you give yourself that matter. | 重要的是你对自己的看法 |
[28:32] | …with Heather Graham and I’m like, ”What do we have to talk about?” | 我跟海瑟在一起时心想 “我们该说什么?” |
[28:35] | -Being pretty. -I know. | 她很漂亮 |
[28:37] | But we had nothing to talk about but pretzels. | 但除了咸味脆饼外 |
[28:40] | So I said…. | 我们无话可谈,于是我说… |
[28:43] | Come on. | 抱歉,快来 |
[28:45] | I said, ”Have you ever been to Bavaria? They make the best pretzels there.” | 我说“你去过巴伐利亚吗? 那里的咸味脆饼最好吃了” |