时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | When you live in the city that never sleeps… | 生活在不夜城 |
[00:48] | it comes as a bit of a shock when somehow… | 有时不小心睡过头 |
[00:51] | you manage to oversleep. | 就会陷入一阵混乱 |
[00:56] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[01:07] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[01:17] | Taxi! | 很抱歉 计程车 |
[01:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:28] | Shit! | 去你的,可恶 |
[01:40] | Sir, I have to be downtown in 30 minutes. | 先生 我要在30分钟内赶到市中心 |
[01:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢,不必找了 |
[01:53] | Keep the change. | |
[01:55] | I thought that you need a lift. | 要搭便车吗 (华尔街站) |
[02:18] | Excuse me. Hi. -Which way to the stock exchange? -There. | -证券交易所在哪里 |
[02:21] | Thank you. Excuse me. | -就在那里 |
[02:33] | -Step forward. -okay. | -前进 |
[02:35] | Stop. Give him the bag. | -停 |
[02:36] | Here, can you hold that? | 这给你 |
[02:39] | Let’s go. Stop. Arms. | 前进,停 |
[02:42] | I’m sorry. | -手举高 |
[02:48] | Sir, can you hurry? I’m here to ring the bell. | -对不起 |
[02:50] | -Go ahead. -okay, thank you. | 能不能快一点 我是来主持开盘的 |
[02:52] | Step forward. | -走吧 -谢谢 |
[03:02] | All right, you have to put this on. And we gotta hurry up. | 你要戴上这个,我们得快一点 哇 |
[03:20] | Today, one of New York’s favorite newspapers… | 本市最畅销的报纸之一 |
[03:23] | the New York Star is going public. | “纽约星报”即将挂牌上市 |
[03:26] | And here to open trading is one of its favorite columnists… | 在此主持开盘仪式的是 它的一名畅销专栏作家 |
[03:30] | Carrie Bradshaw. | 凯莉布雷萧 |
[03:35] | Now you can press it. | -你可以按了 -好 |
[03:42] | The day after the stock market… | 第二天,我和女士们约在 |
[03:44] | I met the ladies for lunch in the fashionable Meat Market. | 有名的“肉品市场”吃午餐 |
[03:47] | It was so exciting. It almost made me want to invest in something. | 真令人兴奋 我也打算投资点什么 |
[03:50] | I love the stock market. | 我热爱股市 |
[03:52] | A room full of screaming, sweating men all trying to get it up. | 一群男人在那里挥汗使之攀升 |
[03:56] | I don’t invest anymore. It’s too volatile. | 投资的风险太大 |
[03:58] | Exactly. I like my money right where I can see it. | 我喜欢看到我的钱 |
[04:01] | Hanging in my closet. | 挂在我的衣橱里 |
[04:02] | Actually, your stock is up. I bought shares of your newspaper yesterday. | 你们的股价正在涨 我买了你们报社的股票 |
[04:06] | Really? Thank you, sweetie. Was it expensive? | 真的?谢谢你,会很贵吗? |
[04:09] | -No, you’re cheap. -I never…. | -不会,你们很便宜 -我才不便宜 |
[04:12] | -Ladies. -Thank you. | -女士们 -谢谢你 |
[04:15] | $20 for a hamburger? That’s reasonable. | 一个汉堡20美元是很合理的 |
[04:18] | Pathetic. When I moved to this neighborhood… | 我搬来的时候 |
[04:20] | the only thing that cost $20 was a hand job from a tranny. | 20元只能找变性人替你手淫 |
[04:24] | I’m serious. It’s all gotten so sanitary. | 我是说真的 大家都注意起公共卫生来了 |
[04:28] | I mean no smoking in bars. What’s next? No fucking in bars? | 先是酒吧内禁烟 接下来是什么,酒吧内禁性? |
[04:31] | Well, first there would have to be a no-fucking section. | 那就需要设立“禁性区” |
[04:34] | I mean, just look at this street. Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen. | 看看史黛拉麦卡尼 和亚历山大麦昆 |
[04:37] | The only designer name that belongs in the Meatpacking District… | 适合出现在“肉品市场”的 |
[04:41] | -is oscar Mayer. -I never liked his clothes. | 设计师应该只有奥斯卡梅尔 |
[04:44] | -Too fatty. -But that’s what’s great about New York. | 我不喜欢他的衣服,太腻了 |
[04:46] | There’s always a new neighborhood or restaurant…. | 附近总会出现一些新邻居 餐馆… |
[04:49] | A new man. | 及新的男人 |
[04:51] | That’s right. Friday night, my first official date with Jack Berger. | 这个星期五晚上 我和杰克柏格将首度正式约会 |
[04:55] | That is so exciting. Isn’t that exciting? | 那不是太好了 |
[04:58] | Sure. It’s all fun and games till someone has a child. | 有趣又好玩 直到你有小孩为止 |
[05:01] | So, what do you two have planned? | 你们有什么计划 |
[05:04] | He hasn’t said yet. So many outfits need to be scouted. | 他还没提出来 我也还没决定要穿什么 |
[05:08] | You kids today and your dating. | -你听起来像小女孩一样兴奋 |
[05:10] | I know. I feel like a girl of 35 again. | -没错 我觉得自己又像回到35岁 |
[05:17] | I really like him. | -我真的很喜欢他 |
[05:18] | Then you better find out his bottom line right up front. | -那就找出他的底限在那里 |
[05:21] | If Harry had told me he could only be serious about me if I were Jewish… | 若哈利说除非我信犹太教 他才会对我认真 |
[05:24] | I doubt I’d be in my situation. | 我就不知该如何因应 |
[05:26] | I don’t get it. What kind of man passes up pussy for Purim? | 为宗教 而舍弃美女的算什么男人 |
[05:31] | Soup and a tenderloin of pork. | 汤及嫩猪排 |
[05:35] | What’s with the face? | -你那是什么表情 |
[05:37] | -I didn’t make a face. -I said pork, you went…. | -我哪有什么表情 |
[05:41] | It’s just I’m confused. | 我说猪排,你就… 我只是有点困惑 |
[05:44] | You can order pork, but you can’t get serious about our future… | 你可以点猪排 |
[05:47] | because I’m not Jewish. | 却不能认真考虑我们的未来 |
[05:49] | And from the meat market to the marriage market. | 从肉品市场到婚姻市场 |
[05:51] | Charlotte, it doesn’t work that way. I’m not kosher. I’m conservative. | 夏绿蒂,我不是传统犹太教徒 |
[05:55] | I’m conservative, too. | -我是保守派 -我也是 |
[05:57] | My conservative doesn’t have anything to do with wearing pearls. | 我的保守派信念 跟戴不戴珍珠无关 |
[06:00] | Look, I know what you’re thinking, okay? | 你在想,我为什么让事情 |
[06:03] | ”Why did I let things get this far without talking about this? | 发展到这地步却什么也没说 |
[06:05] | ”Why did I sleep with you or even kiss you?” | -我为什么和你上床 |
[06:07] | -Why did you? -Because I couldn’t not kiss you. | -为什么? |
[06:10] | Not sleep with you, not see you. | 因为我忍不住想吻你 |
[06:12] | Believe me, I never thought a shiksa goddess like you… | 想跟你亲热,想看到你 |
[06:15] | would fall for a putz like me. | 我从没想过像你这样的女神 也会爱上我这种傻瓜 |
[06:19] | You’re not a putz. | -你才不是傻瓜 |
[06:21] | Do you even know what ”putz” means? | -你知道这个字的意思? |
[06:23] | Yes, schmuck. | 没错,是笨蛋的意思 |
[06:27] | Sure you’re not Jewish? | 你确定你真的不是犹太人? |
[06:34] | And from Jewish to pooish. | 话题从犹太教转到育儿经 |
[06:38] | You got a little doody on your forehead. | 米兰达,你额头上有“便便” |
[06:40] | What? Where? | -什么,在哪里 |
[06:42] | No. Now you got more. The other side. | -越擦越脏,在另一边 |
[06:44] | Which side? | 哪边 |
[06:47] | Help! It’s not funny. Baby-wipe me. | 拜托,这一点都不好玩 快用湿巾帮我擦掉 |
[06:50] | -Get it off! -”Baby-wipe me.” | 快点,我是说真的 |
[06:52] | I did not say it like that. Just get it off. | |
[06:55] | ”Baby-wipe me.” | -快用湿巾帮我擦掉 -看你喜不喜欢 |
[06:57] | -Let’s see how you like it. -No, Miranda! | 喜欢吗 喜欢便便在你脸上吗? |
[07:02] | No, knock it off! | 别闹了 |
[07:03] | Brady, tell Mommy to stop chasing Daddy. | 布莱迪,叫妈咪别再追爹地了 |
[07:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[07:11] | I don’t think it’s funny. You weren’t the one with shit on your face. | 我觉得一点也不好笑 |
[07:15] | You were chasing me. | -是你先追我的 |
[07:16] | I don’t have time for this. I have to get up early. | -我没时间跟你玩这个 |
[07:19] | I don’t know why you’re here. You dropped off the baby hours ago. | 我不知道你还赖在这里干嘛 |
[07:22] | I don’t have time to stand around while you read the paper… | 我没时间在你看报纸的时候 |
[07:25] | and order food in…. | 闲闲站在那里 |
[07:27] | Don’t you have a life? | -你没有自己的生活吗 |
[07:30] | I got a life. | -我当然有自己的生活 |
[07:33] | Bye, Brady. | 再见,布莱迪 |
[07:42] | I’m in love with Steve. | 我爱上史蒂夫了,给你抱 |
[07:44] | Hold this. oh, my God, I can’t believe it. | 天啊,我真不敢相信 |
[07:51] | Come on, are you seriously telling me you didn’t know? | 你是说你不知道? |
[07:53] | I knew. I just can’t believe you admitted it. | -我是不敢相信你会自己承认 |
[07:55] | I need a drink. What have you got? | -我需要喝一杯 |
[07:57] | It’s 1 1 :30 on a Saturday morning. | -现在是星期六早上11:30 |
[07:59] | Did you not hear me just say I was in love with Steve? | -你没听到我说我爱上史蒂夫 |
[08:04] | I think I got an old bottle | 我可能还有一瓶 |
[08:07] | okay, hold on there, Brady. | 陈年香甜咖啡酒 |
[08:10] | Mama needs a cocktail. | 等一下,布莱迪 你妈咪需要喝一杯 |
[08:12] | Last night, we were in the dining room, and we were laughing. | 我们当时在饭厅里嘻闹 |
[08:15] | All of a sudden, I looked over at him and I realized… | 我看着他,突然了解到… |
[08:19] | we belong together. | 我们彼此相属 |
[08:25] | So I picked a fight and threw him out of my apartment. | -所以我把他赶出我的公寓 |
[08:28] | Good thinking. | -做得好 |
[08:31] | These Triscuits have been here since the mid-’80s. | 这些饼干已经在这里待很久了 |
[08:33] | I so cannot be in love with Steve. | 我不能爱上史蒂夫 |
[08:36] | Steve so is not the guy for me. | 他不是我要的男人 |
[08:40] | -Miranda…. -You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[08:43] | Steve so is the guy for me. | 史蒂夫就是我要的男人 |
[08:45] | No, I was just asking if Brady can eat crackers yet. | 我只是要问 |
[08:48] | No. | 布莱迪能不能吃饼干 |
[08:49] | How can I have been wrong all these years? | -我这些年是怎么搞的 |
[08:52] | You weren’t wrong. It just took you a while to get here. | -你没有错 |
[08:58] | What are you gonna do? | 只是需要时间来看清这一切 现在你打算怎么办 |
[09:00] | I don’t know. I have a lot invested in this relationship. | 我不知道,我已投入太多 |
[09:03] | -Plus we have the baby. -Plus you said you were in love with him. | 何况我们还有了小孩 何况你还说你爱上他了 |
[09:08] | So how are you gonna tell him? | 你要怎么告诉他 |
[09:11] | Maybe I should take him somewhere romantic… | 带他到浪漫一点的地方 |
[09:14] | where I can’t start a fight. | 好让我不会跟他吵起来 |
[09:15] | My God, Miranda. Do you know what this means? | 天啊,你知道这代表什么吗 |
[09:19] | You’re asking Steve out on a date. | 你在主动跟史蒂夫约会 |
[09:26] | -Hi, Samantha. -Hiya. | |
[09:28] | You’re looking good, Sam. | 俏妞 |
[09:32] | That night, as Samantha walked home… | 当莎曼珊在回家路上 |
[09:34] | past her friendly neighborhood bar, the Rampole… | 经过附近的酒吧时 |
[09:36] | she saw something truly upsetting. | 看到一件令她气愤的事 (陶瓷仓即将在此开幕) |
[09:48] | Just what we need: another Wall Street asshole with money. | 真是够了 又一个华尔街暴发户 |
[10:01] | Hold the door! | 等一下再关 |
[10:06] | Hi, thanks. I live here. | 谢谢,我是这里的住客 |
[10:08] | See, here are my keys. | 你看,这是我的钥匙 |
[10:11] | Chip Kilkenny. I’ve just moved in. | -奇普吉肯尼,我刚搬来 |
[10:13] | Samantha Jones. 3F. | -莎曼珊琼斯,三楼 |
[10:16] | I’m 4F. You’re right under me. | -我住四楼,你正好在我下面 |
[10:18] | That sounds promising. | -那还真有缘 |
[10:20] | That’s quite a car. | 真是一部好车 |
[10:23] | I love a nice Hummer. | 我喜欢好的悍马 |
[10:28] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[10:36] | And uptown, in a slightly less obvious maneuver…. | 在市区外 透过一个小小的策略运用… |
[10:39] | -I’m close. -Honey! | -我快不行了 -亲爱的… |
[10:43] | Is this whole Jewish thing really that big a deal? | 是不是犹太教徒 真有这么重要吗 |
[10:47] | No! God! | 天啊,不 |
[10:57] | The next morning, bright and early…. | 第二天一大早 |
[11:01] | Good morning. | 早安 |
[11:04] | There’s a happy face. | 你看起来心情很好 |
[11:06] | I am a happy face. | 我是心情很好 |
[11:08] | It’s a beautiful morning, and the sun is shining. | 这是个美丽的早晨,阳光灿烂 |
[11:13] | And you changed your mind about the Jewish thing. | 而你对犹太教的事 看法已有所改变 |
[11:16] | -What Jewish thing? When? -Last night. | -什么犹太教的事?何时? -就在昨晚 |
[11:19] | I asked you if it was that important to you… | 我问你那是不是很重要 |
[11:22] | -and you said no. -I did? | 而你回答说不 |
[11:24] | Yeah. | -我这么回答? -对 |
[11:25] | When we were making love, right before you came. | 就在你达到高潮之前 |
[11:28] | How could you not remember? | 你怎么这么快就忘了 |
[11:30] | Charlotte, honey, I can’t remember my own name right before I come. | 亲爱的,我在达到高潮之前 连自己叫什么都会忘了 |
[11:34] | That’s what you said. | 是你自己说的 |
[11:36] | Asking me to renounce Judaism during sex is a clear manipulation. | 在做爱过程中引诱我放弃 |
[11:39] | Blah, blah, blah! | 犹太教义简直是恶意操纵 |
[11:41] | I just don’t understand. Why is it so important to you? | 我只是不明白 为什么这件事对你有这么重要 |
[11:45] | I promised my mother I would marry a Jew. | -我答应过我妈要娶犹太教徒 |
[11:48] | Your mother? | -你妈? |
[11:49] | Charlotte had had her fill of potential husbands… | 她对她的理想丈夫 |
[11:52] | and their demanding mothers. | 跟他们的妈妈有点过敏 |
[11:54] | Harry’s stock suddenly began to plummet. | 哈利的股价顿时一落千丈 |
[11:58] | Right before she died. | -就在她临终的时候 |
[11:59] | And just like that, it was up again. | -此时又突然升高 |
[12:03] | I’m very sorry your mother is no longer with us… | 很遗憾你母亲已经不在了 |
[12:05] | because if she met me– | 如果她看到我的话… |
[12:08] | She’d fall in love with you like I did and not care? | 她会爱上你 而不在乎你是不是犹太教徒? |
[12:11] | No. Jews don’t think like that. | 犹太教徒是不会这么想的 |
[12:14] | Keeping tradition alive was very important to her. | 对她而言传统很重要 |
[12:16] | She lost family in the Holocaust. | 她在大屠杀中失去了家人 |
[12:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[12:24] | Now I can’t say anything because you’ve brought up the Holocaust. | 既然你提起了大屠杀 我也无话可说了 |
[12:32] | Hi, it’s me. Leave a message. | 是我,请留言 |
[12:35] | Hi, it’s Jack. | 你好,我是杰克 |
[12:38] | Berger, not Kerouac. | 先声明我是杰克柏格 |
[12:40] | I wanted to clear that up. | 不是杰克凯鲁亚克 |
[12:41] | So, you’re probably standing there screening. | 你可能正在过滤电话 |
[12:44] | Way to play it. I’m a big fan of the screen. | 我也是用这种方式过滤电话 |
[12:47] | In fact, don’t pick up or I’ll just…. I’ll panic and hang up. | 别接起来 否则我会受到惊吓而挂断 |
[12:50] | Don’t pick up. | 我还没做好 |
[12:52] | I’m not ready for actual voice-on-voice action. | 直接沟通的心理准备 |
[12:55] | So I’m jumping right in… | 我想建议 |
[12:56] | and suggesting dinner and a movie for the big date. | 约会当天我们可去吃饭看电影 |
[13:00] | Everybody’s really been loving that movie, Craig’s Room. | 听说“神秘之屋”那部片很棒 |
[13:03] | Why don’t we go and hate it? | 我们不妨也去凑个热闹 |
[13:05] | Here come the movie times. | 接下来是电影的场次 |
[13:07] | We have 5.:15, we have 7.:00…. | 5:15有一场,7:00有一场 |
[13:10] | And he calculated which times and which theaters… | 他盘算着 |
[13:13] | would be least crowded, which says, ”take charge.” | 哪个时段比较不会拥挤 也就表明主控权在他 |
[13:16] | Yet left the restaurant choice to me, which says, ”flexible.” | 但他让我决定去哪里用餐 |
[13:20] | All in all, the perfect machine message. | 也就表示那是可商量的 |
[13:23] | I think Berger and I are going to be very happy together. | 非常完美的电话留言 |
[13:27] | I love this time before the first date when you can say things like that… | 我觉得 我们两人在一起一定会很快乐 |
[13:31] | and almost believe them. | 我喜欢这种 你几乎可预见完美结局的感觉 |
[13:32] | -Why all the drama? -Because I really like him. | 怎么突然像在演戏一样 |
[13:36] | And you can imagine what that does to a girl. | 我真的很喜欢他 想想看这对女人有多重要 |
[13:38] | Got it. Say no more. Really, say no more. | 好了,别再说了 真的,别再说了 |
[13:41] | Right after, I got a message from this other fellow… | 我收到另一个人的留言 |
[13:44] | who I’ve known for a year, suddenly asking me out… | 他突然要约我出去 |
[13:46] | which only proves my theory: | 这证明了我的理论 |
[13:48] | The only thing a girl needs to get a date is another date. | 招引约会的最佳妙方 |
[13:51] | Your stock is up. | -就是另一个约会 -你的股价攀升了 |
[13:52] | -And did you say yes? -No, I already have a date. | -你答应了? -没有,我已经有约了 |
[13:55] | Which is why you should say yes to the other one. | 答应另一个约会吧 |
[13:57] | You’re putting a lot of pressure on this Berger date. | 你太在意和柏格的约会了 |
[13:59] | Charlotte’s right. You need to do something to take the edge off. | 你需要做点别的事 来舒解一下压力 |
[14:02] | I am not going on a simu-date. | 我不喜欢脚踏两条船 |
[14:05] | How many new outfits have you bought for this movie? Be honest. | 你为这次约会买了多少行头 |
[14:08] | None. Six. All returnable. | 一件都没有 六件,全都是可以退的 |
[14:12] | All right, maybe just a casual coffee to take the edge off Berger. | -来杯咖啡好缓和柏格的压力 |
[14:15] | Exactly. | -你看吧 |
[14:16] | Later that day, I got to thinking about the stock market and dating. | 当天稍晚 |
[14:20] | Are they really that different? | 我开始思考股市及约会的事 |
[14:22] | If you have a bad stock, you can lose your shirt. | 如果选错股票 你可能会倾家荡产 |
[14:25] | If you have a bad date, you can lose your will to live. | 如果选错约会对象 你可能生不如死 |
[14:29] | And if the date is good, the stakes get even higher. | 但若你的对象很好 风险反而更高 |
[14:33] | After weathering all the ups and downs… | 于是在一阵起起落落之后 |
[14:36] | you could one day find yourself with nothing. | 你会发现自己仍是一无所有 |
[14:40] | When it comes to finance and dating… | 因此对于财务和约会这两件事 |
[14:42] | I couldn’t help but wonder.: | 我忍不住提出质疑… |
[14:44] | ”Why do we keep investing?” | 为什么我们还要持续投入? |
[14:51] | And speaking of high-risk investments…. | 说到高风险的投资… |
[15:02] | Hey, it’s me. I’m not here. | 是我,我不在这里 |
[15:04] | Try me at Scout.: 957-7297. | 请试拨史考特酒吧957-7297 |
[15:07] | Don’t forget the 212. | 别忘了拨212 |
[15:12] | Hi, Steve. | 你好…史蒂夫 |
[15:16] | I need to talk to you about something. | 我有话想跟你说 |
[15:19] | How about we do it over dinner? | 我们是否能共进晚餐讨论一下 |
[15:21] | How’s tomorrow night? Magda can sit with Brady. | 明天晚上行吗 梅格可以过来照顾布莱迪 |
[15:24] | Let me know. Bye. | 请回我电话,再见 |
[15:28] | It’s Miranda and…. Bye. | 我是米兰达…再见 |
[15:32] | Miranda feared it was possibly the most imperfect machine message ever. | 米兰达担心那是 有史以来最糟糕的电话留言 |
[15:38] | And Samantha decided to say it with a basket. | 莎曼珊决定以礼篮展开攻势 |
[15:50] | Welcome Wagon. | 欢迎搬来,帅哥 |
[15:52] | Hi. | 对不起,我刚好在冲澡 |
[15:54] | Excuse the towel. I was just gonna shower. | |
[15:56] | I brought you a basket filled with goodies… | 我帮你带了个 |
[15:58] | to acquaint you with your new neighborhood. | 装满好东西的礼篮 |
[16:00] | Cheese, prosciutto, condoms, handcuffs. | 里面有乳酪、生火腿 保险套、手铐 |
[16:04] | -Handcuffs? -From the bar next door. | -手铐? -来自隔壁那家酒吧 |
[16:07] | Enjoy. | -好好享用 |
[16:09] | If I reach for that, my towel will fall. | -我伸手去接毛巾就会掉下来 |
[16:12] | I’m no fool. | 我又不是没见识过 |
[16:22] | A little while later, Samantha blew Chip the stockbroker. | 不久之后 |
[16:26] | Yes! | 莎曼珊享用了股市经纪人奇普 |
[16:31] | Now that’s what I call eating in. | 这就是我所谓的在家吃饭 |
[16:36] | I never do this, but here’s a tip. | 听着…我从没这么做过 但我可以给你个消息 |
[16:40] | Elan Pharmaceuticals is gonna go straight through the roof. | 亚隆制药,它会飙得很高 |
[16:44] | Elan Pharmaceuticals. | 亚隆制药 |
[16:49] | -Thanks. -No, thank you. | -谢谢你 -我才要谢谢你 |
[16:52] | That was the best F-ing head of my life. | 这是我此生最大的享受 |
[16:57] | Just like that, their mutual fun… | 他们的共同性趣 |
[16:59] | turned into mutual funds. | 于是转变成共同基金 |
[17:02] | Later that week, I met graphic designer Willy Applegate… | 同一个星期 |
[17:06] | for a late afternoon simu-date. | 我和威利艾波格有个黄昏之约 |
[17:09] | This is a cute place. | -这个地方不错 |
[17:10] | I hope it’s okay. I didn’t know. | -希望它还令你满意 |
[17:13] | But I figured, you can’t go wrong with a garden, right? | 我想选在花园 应该不会出什么问题 |
[17:16] | -Yeah, it’s great. -I hope it’s okay. | -这里很好 |
[17:18] | I didn’t know. I just said that. | -希望你喜欢,我不知道 这话我已经说过了 |
[17:22] | It suddenly became clear that a simu-date for me… | 显然我的双重约会 |
[17:25] | was a first date for him. | 对他而言是第一次约会 |
[17:28] | Are you looking at my sty? | -你正在看我的针眼吗? |
[17:32] | -Excuse me? -My sty. | -对不起? |
[17:34] | I have a sty. See, right here. | 我的针眼 我长了一个针眼,就在这里 |
[17:37] | I was gonna cancel, but then I thought: | 我本想取消约会 |
[17:39] | ”Maybe she won’t even notice it.” | 但又想“她可能不会注意到” |
[17:41] | I didn’t even…. | 我并没有…我没有在看它 |
[17:43] | -No, I wasn’t looking at it. -That’s good. | 很好 |
[17:50] | What was that? Have you ever seen anything like it? | 怎么搞的?你曾见过… |
[17:54] | No, I have never. | -我从没见过 |
[17:56] | This is a bad choice of place. I’m sorry. | -我没挑对地方,对不起 |
[17:58] | No, it’s fine. | 不会,这很有意思 |
[17:59] | It’s fun. It’s like a ”cappuccino wilderness safari.” | 就像荒野狩猎口味的卡布奇诺 |
[18:09] | Balsamic vinegar in my sty. | -黑醋跑进我的针眼里了 |
[18:12] | God, here. | -天啊,来 |
[18:17] | Thanks. Could this go any worse? | 谢谢,还有什么比这更糟的 |
[18:22] | What the fuck? | 这是…搞什么… |
[18:27] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[18:29] | It was a sudden crash no analyst had seen coming. | 这是个没有任何分析师 预测到的大崩盘 |
[18:34] | And in yet another type of market…. | 在超级市场中… |
[18:36] | I hope you’re happy now. I’m twice as nervous about my Berger date. | 现在我更加担心 与柏格的约会了 |
[18:40] | Caring too much is like a disaster magnet. | -过度在意简直是弄巧成拙 |
[18:42] | Poor guy. | -可怜的家伙 |
[18:44] | Can you catch a sty helping someone up from gravel? | 你能想像长个针眼 也能把整件事搞砸吗? |
[18:46] | Where’s the homeopathic section? | 也许该建议顺势疗法 |
[18:48] | Maybe they make something called ”Sty-B-Gone.” | 开个“针眼去除科” |
[18:51] | Did you know that Elizabeth Taylor converted to Judaism for Eddie Fisher? | 你知道 伊丽莎白泰勒改信犹太教了吗 |
[18:54] | I’m thrown by the change of topic, but I do appreciate the trivia. | 真高兴你转移话题 |
[18:57] | I’m reading her book My Love Affair with Jewelry. | 是在她的“恋恋珠宝” |
[19:00] | Not surprising. | 一书中提及 |
[19:01] | She changed her religion for the man she loved. | -她为了心爱的男人改变信仰 |
[19:04] | And a big old, honking piece of jewelry. | -以及一件昂贵的珠宝 |
[19:06] | -Don’t be so cynical. -Sorry, it’s my potential sty talking. | -别这这么尖酸 -抱歉,我受到针眼的刺激 |
[19:10] | Love. She did it for love. | 她是为了爱而改变 |
[19:12] | Are you thinking of pulling an Elizabeth Taylor? | 你打算效法伊丽莎白泰勒吗 |
[19:16] | I need more information. There’s more to being a Jew than jewelry. | 我还需要更多资讯 不光只是珠宝而已 |
[19:19] | Wise words. I’ll meet you at the checkout. | 明智之举,待会付帐柜台见 |
[19:34] | Charlotte wondered just how far she would go for her true love. | 夏绿蒂犹豫 她要为真爱付出到什么地步 |
[19:42] | Did you know that Elizabeth Taylor converted to Judaism for Eddie Fisher? | 你知道伊丽莎白泰勒 为了艾迪费雪而改变信仰 |
[19:47] | Now don’t get too excited. We’re just trading information here. | 别太兴奋 |
[19:51] | okay. | 我们只是在交换意见 |
[19:52] | From a not excited place I ask, is this something you might consider? | 我不太感兴趣地问 |
[19:57] | I’m just trying to understand what’s so special about being a Jew. | 你考虑这么做吗 |
[20:00] | -I feel like I’m on a game show. -I’m serious. | -犹太教有什么特别之处 -我觉得你好像在玩什么把戏 |
[20:02] | If this is really your bottom line, then you’re gonna have to try… | 我是认真的 如果这是你坚持的底限 |
[20:06] | and give me a reason, aside from your mother, that I can relate to. | 再给我一个合理的理由 你母亲的那部分除外 |
[20:16] | If we were to get married… | 如果我们要结婚的话 |
[20:18] | Now, we’re just trading information here. | 现在只是在交换意见 |
[20:22] | …I would want our children to be raised Jewish. | 我们的孩子 |
[20:25] | Charlotte realized it was time to reveal to Harry… | 将要以犹太人的方式养大 |
[20:28] | her bottom line. | 夏绿蒂了解 此刻该她掀出底牌了 |
[20:31] | If that’s really the reason, then I have to tell you something. | 如果这是重点的话 那么我有事要对你说 我… |
[20:43] | I may not be able to give you children. | 我可能无法为你生孩子 |
[20:47] | I’m challenged in the reproductive area. | 我有生育方面的问题 |
[20:51] | It’s not hopeless, but it’s difficult. | 虽不至于全然无望 但是希望并不大 |
[20:57] | I guess I should have brought it up sooner, but I never thought we’d even…. | 我应该早点告诉你 但我没想到我们会… |
[21:02] | I understand if you– | 我会谅解,如果你… |
[21:04] | Charlotte. | |
[21:07] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[21:09] | You are the most wonderful thing that could ever happen to a schmuck like me. | 你是像我这种笨蛋 一辈子求之不得的礼物 |
[21:14] | You’re not a schmuck. | 你不是笨蛋,你是傻瓜 |
[21:17] | You’re a putz. | |
[21:19] | Seriously, Harry… | 说真的,哈利 |
[21:22] | you want a family… | 你想要一个家庭… |
[21:27] | and what if I couldn’t give that to you? | 而万一我不能给你的话怎么办 |
[21:30] | We’d adopt or something. | 我们可以去领养 |
[21:33] | But they wouldn’t be your own. | -但那就不会是你自己的小孩 |
[21:37] | What are you gonna do? | -不然你想怎么办? |
[21:39] | Charlotte York was deeply touched… | 夏绿蒂约克深受 |
[21:41] | by Harry Goldenblatt’s humor, compassion, and acceptance. | 哈利葛登布拉特的体贴所感动 |
[21:46] | ”If this is Jewish, ” she thought, ”that’s worth looking into. ” | 她心想,如果这就是犹太教 那倒值得深入探索 |
[21:50] | Meanwhile, downtown, Samantha had moved her neighbor… | 市区中,莎曼珊在股票债券… |
[21:53] | from stocks and bonds to stockings and bondage. | 和床第之间杀进杀出 |
[21:59] | Go away. I’m busy. | 走开,我正在忙 |
[22:03] | -Miss Jones. -Juan. | -琼斯小姐 -璜 |
[22:08] | -Who the fuck are you? -FBl. | -你是什么人 -联邦调查局探员 |
[22:11] | Get dressed. You’re under arrest for insider trading. | 你因内线交易而被捕 |
[22:13] | Turns out, Chip Kilkenny was quite the ladies’ man. | 事实证明奇普是个调情高手 |
[22:16] | And every time a woman went down, the Dow went up. | 只要有一个女人躺下 道琼指数就会上升 |
[22:20] | Ma’am, can you undo your cuffs so we can use ours? | 女士,请解开你的手铐 |
[22:22] | Surely. | 好让他戴上我们的 |
[22:23] | All the good ones are getting arrested. | 好男人总是被逮走 |
[22:31] | And at a romantic restaurant, a 37-year-old single mother… | 在气氛浪漫的餐馆中 一位37岁的单亲妈妈 |
[22:35] | found herself on a first date. | 发现自己像初次约会般紧张 |
[22:38] | You look pretty. | 你看起来很美 |
[22:41] | You got a date later? | -你待会还有约吗? |
[22:43] | No, it’s just the dress. | -没有,正好穿了这件衣服 |
[22:46] | Jeez Louise, it’s dark in here. I can barely read my menu. | 好暗,我几乎看不见菜单 |
[22:50] | We need like another candle or something. | -我们还需要再点一枝蜡烛 |
[22:52] | I think it’s kind of nice. | -我觉得这样很好 |
[23:00] | I asked you here because… | 我约你到这里来是想解释 |
[23:02] | I wanted to explain why I picked a fight with you last week. | 我上周为什么会跟你吵架 |
[23:05] | Miranda, I know you. And I know why you picked a fight with me. | 米兰达 我知道你为什么会跟我吵 |
[23:10] | -You do? -Yeah. | -你知道? -没错 |
[23:12] | You’re upset ’cause I’m hanging around too much. | 因为我粘得太紧,惹你不高兴 |
[23:15] | You think I’m getting too close. But you don’t have to worry. | 别担心 |
[23:18] | I just started seeing someone else… | 我已经有别的约会对象 |
[23:20] | and it’s going really good. | 目前进展得很顺利 |
[23:23] | So please relax. | 所以你可以放心了 |
[23:27] | I’m not in love with you anymore. | 我已经不再爱你了 |
[23:38] | All that stuff I said to you about Steve never happened. | 我之前跟你提及 关于史蒂夫的事就当没发生 |
[23:42] | Don’t mention it to anyone. Don’t think about it. | 别再提了 |
[23:45] | Don’t even so much as give me a look like you might be thinking about it. | 也别让我看见 你想提起那件事的表情 |
[23:48] | Like that look. I can’t ever, never see that look again. | 就像这样 我无法忍受这种表情 |
[23:52] | Calm down. I think you’re overreacting to that thing that never happened. | 你对没有发生的事反应过度了 |
[23:56] | If you think I’m overreacting here, you should be inside my head. | 你应该知道我的感觉是什么 |
[23:59] | I have to say this next thing… | 米兰达 接下来的话我一定要说 |
[24:01] | but I will play along and not look at you while I say it. | 但我说的时候不会看着你 |
[24:06] | Maybe if you had told Steve anyway– | 也许如果你跟史蒂夫说… |
[24:09] | I swear to God, I love you but I will have to kill you. | 我发誓我爱你 但我还是必须杀了你 |
[24:12] | Brady, come on. Work with Mommy here. Please! | 布莱迪,别这样 配合妈咪一下好吗 |
[24:16] | I’m sorry, but I’m looking and I’m talking. | 对不起 但我一定要看着你并告诉你 |
[24:19] | This is your life. | 这是你的人生 |
[24:21] | You two have a baby together. It is not high school. | 你和孩子共同的人生 |
[24:25] | Isn’t that Berger? | -又不是还在念高中 -那不是柏格吗 |
[24:30] | -God, I look like shit! -You don’t look like shit. | -天啊,我看起来糟透了 -不,才不会 |
[24:33] | I look like shit. This is not my perfect outfit. | 这不是我最好的衣服 |
[24:37] | -Are you leaving? -Yeah, bye. | -你要走了吗 |
[24:39] | oh, God. Shit! | -对,再见 |
[24:54] | I was just entering the safety zone when…. | 当我终于到达安全区域时 却看到… |
[24:58] | There he was. | 他就在那里 |
[25:00] | My emotional equivalent to the big crash of ’29.: | 我的心情犹如股市大崩盘 |
[25:04] | Aidan. | 艾登 |
[25:24] | -Look at you. | -看看你 -看看你 |
[25:26] | -I had a baby. -I have a date. | -我有小孩 -我有约会 |
[25:31] | That’s wonderful. This is him? | 太好了,是男孩吗 |
[25:34] | No, this isn’t him. This is a stunt baby. | 不,不是男孩 是可爱的小婴儿 |
[25:38] | Yeah, it’s him. This is the man: Tate. | 是男孩没错,他叫泰特 |
[25:41] | I call him Tater ’cause he looks like one, you know. | 因为他看起来像个马铃薯 |
[25:44] | No hair, big eyes. | 眼睛大大又没有头发 |
[25:46] | He’s cool. Aren’t you, Tate? | 你好酷,对不对,泰特 |
[25:49] | -So where are you running to? -Home. | 你要去哪里 |
[25:53] | So things are good? They look good. | 回家,一切都还好吧 看起来很好 |
[25:55] | I’m just hanging out in front of this fabric store waiting for Tate’s mom. | 我在织品店外等泰特的妈妈 |
[25:59] | All right, don’t laugh. I married another furniture designer. | -我娶了另一位家具设计师 |
[26:02] | -Really? -Yeah. What are you gonna do? | -真的 |
[26:04] | Yep. You can’t fight city hall. | -还能怎么办 -又不能跟市政府争 |
[26:06] | Cathy. She’s great. | 她叫凯丝,人很好 |
[26:09] | -You wanna come and meet her? -Another time. | 想见见她吗 |
[26:12] | -I really have to run. -okay. | 下回吧,我真的得走了 |
[26:15] | Bye, Tate. | 再见,泰特 |
[26:21] | oh, God, Aidan. | 天啊,艾登… |
[26:26] | It’s good to see you. | -很高兴再见到你 |
[26:29] | You, too. | -我也是 |
[26:32] | We should get together and have coffee sometime and catch up. | 我们应该找时间 |
[26:36] | Great. okay, we’ll do that. | 喝喝咖啡聊聊近况 没错,好,找时间再聊 |
[26:40] | Bye. | 再见 |
[26:43] | There is the type of date you can’t wait to keep. | 有些对象让你迫不急待想拥有 |
[26:46] | And the type of date you both know you’ll never keep. | 但有些对象 你们彼此都知道永远无法拥有 |
[27:10] | A block later, I realized if Aidan and I could survive that huge a crash… | 过了一个街口之后 我终于明白 |
[27:15] | and both get out alive… | 如果我和艾登 都能走过大崩盘并存活下来 |
[27:16] | there was nothing I could do on a first date… | 我没有理由不能克服 |
[27:19] | I couldn’t bounce back from. | 第一次约会的心理障碍 |
[27:21] | Berger, it’s Carrie. | -柏格,我是凯莉 |
[27:23] | Hi, listen. | -你好 |
[27:25] | I’m standing outside the Sony Theater near Lincoin Center… | 我现正在 林肯中心附近的戏院外 |
[27:28] | and Craig’s Room starts in half an hour. | 电影即将开演,没有人在排队 |
[27:30] | And there are no lines. Can you go now? | 你现在能过来吗 |
[27:33] | That’s so weird. I’m right in that neighborhood. | 太巧了,我就在附近 |
[27:36] | Really? Must be fate. | 真的?这一定是天意 |
[27:39] | -I’ll be right there. -okay. Bye. | -我马上到 -好,待会见 |
[27:49] | This blows. | 这衣服很逊 |
[27:51] | I had my special outfit all picked out for tonight. | 我本来为今晚特别挑了衣服 |
[27:54] | I got the tickets. | -我买了票 |
[27:55] | Then I got the popcorn and the assorted chocolate goodies. | -我去买爆米花什么的 |
[27:58] | -Are you a candy gal? -I am the candy gal. | -你喜欢吃零食吗 -没错 |
[28:00] | -‘Cause I’m a candy man. -Yeah? | 太好了,我也喜欢 |
[28:02] | No, I am serious. Sammy Davis ripped me off. | -山姆戴维斯诳了我 |
[28:05] | Sammy Davis. You don’t feel the need to use the Junior? | -你常省略名字前面的“小” |
[28:08] | No. Not at all. | -对,经常这样 |
[28:09] | -Really? -Nope. | -真的 |
[28:14] | And by close of Wall Street that day… | 当天的股市收盘时 那斯达克指数下跌 |
[28:17] | the NASDAQ was down, but amazingly, our stock was still up. | 然而神奇的是 我们的股价仍旧上扬 |