时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:52] | The single New Yorker’s weekend is all about buying.: | 单身纽约客的周末 总是脱离不了购物 |
[00:55] | the latest Vogue, fresh flowers… | 新一期的“时尚”、花 |
[00:57] | and gifts for previously-single New Yorkers. | 送给前单身纽约客的礼物 |
[01:01] | Hi. I’m here for the Welker wedding registry. | 我来认购伟克家的结婚礼品 |
[01:04] | I’ll take the Newport soup ladle and three Bimini steak knives. | 我要认购汤勺和三把牛排刀 |
[01:08] | The baby Peck list? | 沛克家新生儿的礼品单… |
[01:10] | The burpy blanket. | 打嗝毛毯? |
[01:11] | okay, what is left? | 还剩下什么? |
[01:13] | Fine, I’ll take four espresso cups and a pepper grinder. | 好,我认购四个咖啡杯 和一个胡椒研磨罐 |
[01:17] | Yeah, okay, the Little Me activity chair. | 好,就充气活动椅 |
[01:22] | That night, Stanford and I were invited to celebrate the arrival of baby boy Bronson… | 史丹佛和我应邀参加 |
[01:27] | Iatest son of Kyra and Chuck. | 琪拉和恰克布朗森的 喜获麟儿派对 |
[01:29] | -Easy, baby girl. -Sorry. | -小心点 |
[01:31] | Hey, what you got in there, Stanny? | -对不起,你买的是什么 |
[01:33] | The Peter Rabbit dish set with matching bib. | 彼得兔餐具组 |
[01:36] | Dang, you snagged that! | 原来被你抢走了 |
[01:38] | Thanks to you, I was left with the Little Me chair. | 都是你,害我得买充气活动椅 |
[01:41] | And get this. I also got him a CD of Free to Be… You and Me | 还有一张 “随性做自己”的音乐专辑 |
[01:45] | I loved Marlo Thomas! I played that album all through the fifth grade. | 我喜欢马罗汤玛斯 我五年级的时候常听那张专辑 |
[01:49] | I wanted to run as fast as the wind. | 我希望能跑得像风一样快 |
[01:53] | I played William Wants A Doll so many times… | 我常听“威廉想要洋娃娃” |
[01:56] | I almost turned my little sister into a gay man. | 我妹妹差点变成一个男同志 |
[02:08] | Welcome to the party. I’m Margo, Kyra’s sister. | 你好,欢迎光临 我是琪拉的妹妹玛佳 |
[02:11] | The gifts go over on the table, and the shoes go there. | 礼物放在那张桌上 鞋子请脱在这里 |
[02:19] | Kyra and Chuck don’t like outside dirt coming in. | 他们不希望把屋子弄脏 |
[02:22] | The twins are always picking things up off the floor. | -那对双胞胎总从地上捡东西 |
[02:25] | But this is an outfit. | -但… |
[02:29] | They’d really appreciate it. | -但这是整一套的 -感谢你盛装出席 |
[02:38] | Good thing I wore my party socks. | 幸好我穿了我的派对袜 |
[02:40] | Jeez, if I’d known I was gonna be shoeless… | 如果早知道要脱鞋 |
[02:43] | I would have compensated with a big hat or something. | 我会戴顶大帽子来弥补 |
[02:47] | okay. | |
[02:49] | Well, now I’m so teeny I might bump my head on the coffee table. | 你看我变得这么矮 我的头可能会不小心撞到桌子 |
[02:54] | Watch out, Little Me. | 小心 |
[02:57] | our hostess, Kyra Bronson, had made a name for herself in the early ’90s… | 女主人琪拉布朗森在90年代 因拍摄卧病在床的 |
[03:02] | taking pictures of anorexic actresses on beds at the Chelsea Hotel. | 厌食症女演员而声名大噪 |
[03:06] | Hey, you two. | 你们来了 |
[03:08] | Now she took pictures of fat babies in buckets. | 现在她则拍摄肥胖婴儿 |
[03:11] | We come from the East 70s, bearing gifts. Where is the blessed child? | 我们从东区一路抱着礼物走来 |
[03:16] | The baby’s in his room. You can’t miss him. He looks just like Chuck… | 那个幸福的小婴儿在哪里 在他房里,他看起来就像恰克 |
[03:19] | except without that sad, closed-up hole in his ear when he pierced it in the ’80s. | 只少了恰克在80年代穿过 |
[03:24] | -Anyway, here. -Thank you. | 现在已经合起来的耳洞 |
[03:26] | I’ve gotta go. other people need drinks, and by ”others,” I mean me. | 来,我得去招呼别人 我自己也需要喝一杯 |
[03:29] | Hey, Milo, Allegra! | 麦罗、艾蕾卓 |
[03:33] | Waiter, there’s a baby in my drink. | 服务生,我的饮料中有个婴儿 |
[03:36] | Uptown, Miranda was putting her foot down in her co-op board meeting. | 城外,米兰达正在加速运作 |
[03:41] | Look, we all want to find the perfect tenant for $10,000. | 我们都想赶快找到理想房客 |
[03:44] | All I’m asking is that we not prolong the interview. | 但不想因此拖长面谈时间 |
[03:47] | Whatever decision we make about Dr. Robert Leeds, let’s make it quick. | 让我们尽速处理 罗伯特里兹医生的申请 |
[03:51] | I’ve got a baby downstairs getting over the chicken pox. | 我家里还有个长水痘的婴儿 |
[03:54] | I have a cataract. | 我有白内障 |
[03:58] | -Hello. Come in, won’t you? -Hi. | 你好,请进 |
[04:00] | Yes, hi. | |
[04:01] | And suddenly, Miranda wasn’t so bored at her board meeting. | 突然间米兰达觉得 这个面谈出现转机 |
[04:05] | -Hi, I’m Miranda Hobbes. -Hi. | -你好,我是米兰达霍布斯 |
[04:09] | And this is everybody else. | -你好 这是其他的人 |
[04:11] | And I’m Robert Leeds, but you probably know that already… | 我是罗伯特里兹 但我想你们一定都知道了 |
[04:15] | along with my social security number and my jacket size. | 包括我的社会福利号码 |
[04:20] | So, Robert, you’re a doctor for the Knicks? | 及我的外套尺寸 罗伯特,你是尼克队的医生? |
[04:25] | Yeah, guilty as charged. | -我承认 |
[04:26] | -How long have you had– -Hey, you’ve had a great season. | -做多久了… |
[04:30] | I take it you’re not a basketball fan. | -你们这一季打得很好 -我想你不是篮球迷 |
[04:32] | Well, you’ve got me there. I’m a baseball person. | 被你说中了,我是棒球迷 |
[04:36] | -Yankees or Mets? -Please, Yankees. | -洋基还是大都会 -拜托,当然是洋基 |
[04:39] | -Should have known. -And what is that supposed to mean? | -看得出来 -你这是什么意思 |
[04:42] | -on Page 4 of your tax return– -Lynn, please. | -在你的报税单第四页… |
[04:46] | We’ll get to it. | -琳,拜托,我们会进入主题 |
[04:49] | While Miranda was playing a game of pick-up… | 当米兰达在表示好感时 |
[04:53] | You tell him I’ll do depositions Friday, but only if my client is ready. | 如果我的当事人没问题的话 将宣誓作证订在星期五 |
[04:59] | …Charlotte was picking up as well. | 夏绿蒂也在挑捡某样东西 |
[05:01] | Exactly. What, you gonna push me on this? Don’t push me! | 没错,你是在逼我吗?别逼我 |
[05:05] | Because if you push me, then I push back. I don’t have to produce my client for this…. | 如果你逼我,我就推回去 我不需要更多客户 |
[05:10] | Charlotte knew when Harry moved in, he would unpack his bags. | 夏绿蒂知道哈利一旦搬进来 免不了会有一些习惯上的不同 |
[05:14] | She wasn’t expecting the teabags. | 但她没想到 |
[05:17] | And everything else? | 他的茶包袋也会造成困扰 |
[05:19] | Why are you hocking me on this? Can you not hear what I’m saying to you? | 你听好,我说 |
[05:23] | I’ll repeat this slowly. open your ears, Reg, here it comes. I don’t think so! Clear? | 我不这么认为,清楚吗 |
[05:30] | one tax return and a half hour of eyelash-batting later…. | 经过半小时的眉来眼去之后 |
[05:33] | -It was really nice to meet you. -You, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[05:37] | And I won’t hold that Mets thing against you. | 我不会用 “大都会”的事来对付你 |
[05:42] | I appreciate that. | 感激不尽 |
[05:48] | Well, he’s perfect! | 他很适合 |
[05:50] | Frankly, I am concerned about his financials. | 我担心他的财务状况 |
[05:54] | His alimony payments are awfully high. | 他的生活费很高 |
[05:57] | And he’s never owned before. | -他从没置过产 |
[05:59] | You people are crazy. | -你们一定是疯了 |
[06:01] | It’s the single ones who always throw the wild parties with all the girls. | 单身汉常会 找一堆女孩子来开狂欢派对 |
[06:07] | okay, I think we all know what’s not being said here. | 好了,我想大家都已心知肚明 |
[06:12] | The unspoken thing was that Robert was cute and Miranda was horny. | 心知肚明的就是罗伯特很帅 而米兰达很饥渴 |
[06:20] | And then we saw the most amazing house– | 然后我们看到那间很棒的房子 |
[06:23] | I swear, I had no idea who we were bidding against. | 我不知道 和我们抢标的对手是谁 |
[06:26] | You liar. You two know everything. | 你胡说,你们俩早就知道了 |
[06:29] | That’s true. We got the house… | 没错,我们标到那房子 |
[06:32] | but we could not get a table at Nick & Tony’s for the rest of the summer. | 但接下来的那个夏天我们就 没法去“尼克和汤尼”用餐 |
[06:38] | Well, it’s getting late. | -时间不早了 |
[06:41] | oh, my! We have held you guys captive. | -对不起把你们留这么晚 |
[06:43] | No, we’ve had a swell time. It’s just…. | 我们觉得很愉快,只是… |
[06:46] | It’s midnight, he’s gay. He has to start his night. | 已经半夜了,他是同志 他必须开始他的作息 |
[06:50] | -Anyway, congrats on the baby. -Thanks. | -总之,恭喜你们 |
[06:52] | Yeah, he’s just precious. | -他真的好可爱 |
[06:55] | -okay, bye. -Bye. | -好,再见 |
[06:56] | Nice to meet you. | -再见,谢谢你们过来 |
[06:57] | Then, of course, our landscaper takes off with half of our trees. | 再来,我们的景观设计师 偷走了我们一半的树 |
[07:01] | We might have been one foot out the door, but my shoes appeared to have already left. | 我走到门口 才发现我的鞋子 已经先行离去 |
[07:09] | Then they told us, ”That’s what you get for stealing Billy Joel’s firewood.” | 我告诉他 这就是你偷比利乔柴火的下场 |
[07:16] | -Was there another room for the shoes? -No. | 鞋子还会摆在其他房间吗 -不会 |
[07:20] | -Mine seem to have gone missing. -That’s crazy. | -我的鞋子好像不见了 怎么可能 |
[07:27] | God, Carrie, I’m sorry. I just can’t imagine where your shoes went. | 凯莉,很抱歉 我不知道你的鞋子到哪去了 |
[07:32] | You know, Jennifer was wearing sandals. Perhaps she took yours by mistake. | 珍妮佛也穿了凉鞋 也许她不小心穿错了 |
[07:36] | Actually, they weren’t sandals. They were Manolos. | 事实上我的鞋不是凉鞋 它们是曼诺罗的鞋 |
[07:40] | I’m sure they’ll turn up. I can loan you some shoes to go home in. | 我想它们一定会出现 我先借你一双鞋穿回家 |
[07:53] | They say you shouldn’t judge until you’ve walked a mile in someone else’s shoes. | 不可轻下断言 除非你曾穿他人的鞋 走了一哩路(设身处地) |
[07:58] | I made it six blocks. | 我走了六个街口 |
[08:03] | The next day, over dessert… | 第二天 |
[08:05] | I was still not over the fact that my shoes had deserted me. | 我还是无法自 我的鞋离去的打击中平复 |
[08:08] | These were new Manolos. I hadn’t even done a full lap around the party. | 那是双新鞋 我甚至没穿它在派对中跳舞 |
[08:12] | I don’t play favorites with my shoes… | 我并非爱鞋如命 |
[08:16] | but these were very special. | 但那双鞋很特别 |
[08:18] | Who would steal shoes from a party? | -有谁会在派对上偷鞋子 |
[08:20] | Someone size 7 with excellent taste. | -穿七号鞋且品味卓越的贼 |
[08:23] | Why in hell did you take your shoes off to begin with? | -你为什么要脱鞋 |
[08:25] | We had to for their kids. | -我们不得不脱 |
[08:28] | Apparently we drag things in on our heels that make children sick. | 都是为了他们的小孩 我们会带进细菌使小孩生病 |
[08:32] | Please, it’s children who drag the germs around. | 小孩子才是带菌者 |
[08:34] | Brady got the chicken pox courtesy of some kid who licked him at the playground. | 布莱迪会长水痘 |
[08:38] | oh, my God! | 就是被某个小孩舔到而感染的 |
[08:40] | Kyra must have been mortified. | -老天 -琪拉一定对你很愧疚 |
[08:42] | Actually, I kept waiting for the mortification that never came. | 我看不出她有愧疚的意思 |
[08:45] | She said they might turn up and sent me home. | 她只说它们可能会再出现 |
[08:47] | Those shoes are not turning up anywhere but a pawn shop in Brooklyn. | 它们会出现在当铺里 |
[08:51] | Stop. I’m gonna cry in my flan. | 别说了,我快哭出来了 |
[08:55] | So that’s it? They’re just gone? | 难道就这样?鞋子无故失踪? |
[08:58] | Boo-hoo? | 在法律上,这件事她也有责任 |
[08:59] | -Legally, she owes you for them. -I can’t ask her to pay for my shoes. | -我不能要求她赔偿 |
[09:03] | Why not? | -为什么不能 |
[09:05] | If you gave a party and told her to leave her baby outside in the hall… | 若是你办派对 而要她把小孩留在外面 |
[09:08] | and her baby was missing at the end of the night, believe me, there’d be payback. | 如果孩子走丢了 他们一定会追究到底 |
[09:12] | That is the craziest thing I’ve ever heard! Children are not shoes. | 这是我所听过最不恰当的比喻 |
[09:16] | I know. I’m not saying it. | 孩子和鞋子可不一样 |
[09:19] | You have every right to be upset about your shoes. | -我知道,我不会这么说 -你有权生气 |
[09:21] | I am so sick of these people with their children. | 真受不了那些有小孩的人 |
[09:24] | I’m telling you, they’re everywhere. | 放任孩子到处乱跑 |
[09:26] | Sitting next to me in first class, eating at the next table at John– | 坐在我隔壁的头等舱席 在我旁边一桌用餐 |
[09:31] | Look at that. | 你看看,这是喝咖啡的地方 |
[09:32] | This place is for double cappuccinos, not double strollers. | 不是带小孩的地方 |
[09:38] | I’m sorry. | -对不起 |
[09:39] | Hey, no need to apologize. I wouldn’t bring Brady here. | -不需要道歉 |
[09:42] | Mommy needs two hands to eat her $8 cake. | 我不会带布莱迪来这里 妈咪要用两手吃八美元的蛋糕 |
[09:45] | -You’re not gonna defend children? -No, I don’t like any children but my own. | -你不护着孩子? -没错 |
[09:50] | Look at that dirty little rugrat. | 除了自己的小孩其余我都不爱 看看那个脏东西 |
[09:52] | That’s just chocolate. | 那只是巧克力,孩子都很可爱 |
[09:54] | All children are beautiful, but not as beautiful as Brady. | 但都比不上布莱迪 |
[09:58] | That’s true. | -那倒是 |
[10:00] | Hey, so how goes the big matrimonial move-in? | -你们的新婚生活如何? |
[10:02] | Good. Harry’s moved most of his stuff in. It’s going well. | 很好,哈利已把东西搬进来 一切都进行得很顺利 |
[10:07] | And I’m just trying to learn to compromise, because sometimes I can be a little rigid. | 我只是要学会如何调适 |
[10:13] | That’s not true. | 因为有时我太挑剔了 -谁说的,才不会 |
[10:15] | There’s just one thing and it’s small, but it really grosses me out. | -只有一件事 |
[10:19] | We have a teabag situation. | 一件小事,但令我很反感 就是关于茶包的问题 |
[10:21] | I understand. Just breathe through your nose. | 我了解,只要用鼻子呼吸就好 |
[10:29] | -When you’re sucking his balls. -What? No! | -就是在你吸他蛋蛋的时候 -什么?才不是 |
[10:31] | I was talking about…. Harry leaves his old teabags around the house. | 我说的是,哈利随手乱放茶包 |
[10:36] | I thought you meant ”tea bagging,” when you hold a guy’s balls in your mouth. | 我还以为你指的是吸茶包 就是把男人的蛋蛋放在口中 |
[10:41] | Why is it called…. oh, I get it! | 为什么这叫…?我懂了 |
[10:45] | Because they hang, and the dipping. | 因为它们是悬吊的…触碰嘴巴 |
[10:48] | oh, great. Now I’ve lost my shoes and my appetite. | 够了,我不仅丢了鞋 |
[10:52] | This is very good. | 连胃口也全没了 |
[10:55] | You now what I love about living with you, besides those nutty soaps in the bathroom? | 除了浴室肥皂外 知道我为何喜欢和你一起住吗 |
[10:59] | -What? -Living with you. | -什么? -和你住在一起 |
[11:06] | Honey… | -亲爱的,有件事我必须要说 |
[11:08] | -I need to talk to you. -What’s up, baby? | -什么事? |
[11:11] | I really don’t mean to be a nag, but it’s just, well…. | 我不是故意要找碴,只是… |
[11:16] | It’s this. | -关于这个 |
[11:18] | -Tea? -No, teabags. | -茶? |
[11:21] | You leave them all over the house, and they stain. | 是茶包,你放得到处都是 它们会留下茶迹 |
[11:24] | Maybe you could just try to be a little more careful. | -你可以再注意一点 |
[11:27] | -Damn! I though I was doing so well, too. -What do you mean? | -真是,我还以为我做得很好 |
[11:30] | I’ve been really trying to watch my ass, now that I’m living in your house. | -怎么了 |
[11:33] | It’s our house now. I want you to be yourself. | -我已经很小心翼翼了 -因为我是住在你家里 |
[11:35] | Yeah, well, myself is pretty much a bull in a china shop. | -这是我们家,我希望你自在 我这个人总是横冲直闯的 |
[11:39] | Then you’re a bull in our china shop. | 那就在我们家里横冲直闯吧 |
[11:46] | It’s a bull. | -准备要闯了 -知道了 |
[11:48] | -I get it. -Just making sure. | -不准反悔 -好 |
[11:57] | Hold it. | 等一下 |
[12:00] | Hey, Yankee. | 你好,洋基迷 |
[12:04] | Welcome to the building. | -欢迎搬进来 |
[12:06] | I have a feeling you had a little something to do with that. | -多谢你的关照 |
[12:09] | Let’s just say you owe me bigtime. | 你算是欠我一份情 |
[12:18] | You have a pock. | -你长痘子了 |
[12:20] | What? | -什么? |
[12:22] | -on your face, right there. -oh, my God! | -在你脸颊这里 |
[12:26] | I must have gotten it from my kid. | -老天,一定是被我儿子传染 |
[12:28] | -oh, I thought you were single. -I am. | -我还以为你单身 -我是 |
[12:31] | It was the perfect first conversation. | 这真是完美的邂逅 |
[12:35] | Minus the pock. | 没有痘子会更好 |
[12:39] | All right, give me the lotion and cotton balls. Stat. | 把乳液和棉花给我,快 |
[12:43] | -You don’t really say ”stat”? -No, but it sounds good, doesn’t it? | -你不是真的要说快吧 -不是,但听起来很顺 |
[12:48] | So this is the little germ-disseminator. | -他就是细菌传播者吗 |
[12:50] | Also known as Brady. Run while you’re still breathing. | -他名叫布莱迪 |
[12:54] | No, it’s okay. I had the chicken pox when I was four. Hey, where are you going? | -趁你还有力气的时候快离开 -没关系,我得过水痘了 |
[13:01] | He’s a winner. I really want one of these some day. | 他真可爱 希望哪天我也有这样的小孩 |
[13:07] | He looks just like you. | -他看起来很像你 |
[13:08] | -You think? -oh, yeah. | -是吗 |
[13:12] | okay, Mama. | 来吧,妈咪 |
[13:17] | -You know, I could do this myself. -Yeah, but I’m a professional. | -其实这个我可以自行处理 -没错,但我是专家 |
[13:24] | Magda, this is Dr. Robert Leeds. He’s moving in upstairs. | 梅格,这位是罗伯特里兹医生 他刚搬到楼上来 |
[13:28] | -Hi. -Nice to meet you. | -你好 -幸会 |
[13:31] | -I’ll take baby from there. -okay. | -我带孩子去午睡 |
[13:36] | You got another one. | -好 你这里也长了一个 |
[13:41] | okay, Miss Hobbes, I think you’ll live. But no scratching. Doctor’s orders. | 好,没什么大碍 |
[13:45] | okey-doke. | 不过不能抓,这是医生的命令 |
[13:46] | For Miranda, Robert was just what the doctor ordered. | 对米兰达而言 罗伯特就是最佳处方 |
[13:52] | Hey, Carrie, what a surprise. | -凯莉,什么风把你吹来了 |
[13:53] | I was in the neighborhood. I thought you might want these back. | -我想把这个还给你 |
[13:57] | You didn’t have to return these. I had forgotten all about them. | 你不必这么客气 我已经忘了这回事 |
[14:02] | -Any news on my shoes? -No. It’s weird. | -有我鞋子的下落吗 -没有,真奇怪 |
[14:08] | So, this Jennifer…. Did you ever find her sandals? | 你找到珍妮佛的凉鞋了吗 |
[14:12] | What? | -什么? |
[14:13] | Well, if she took my shoes, she would have left her sandals. | -如果她穿了我的鞋 |
[14:17] | Just being a bit of a shoe detective here. | 她的凉鞋应该会留下来 我想做个称职的鞋探 |
[14:21] | I haven’t heard from her. | 我没有她的消息 |
[14:26] | oh, my gosh, Carrie, I am such a shit! I should have offered to pay you for them. | 天,我真是的 我应该赔你鞋子的钱 |
[14:30] | No, you don’t have to do that. | 你不必这么做 |
[14:32] | You know, you have kids and you lose all sense of social decency. | 一有孩子就把基本礼仪都忘了 |
[14:36] | -Come in. -okay. | 请进 |
[14:49] | Milo, honey, put your trucks back for Mommy. | 麦罗 帮妈咪把你的玩具收起来 |
[14:54] | So how much were they? | -那双鞋要多少钱? |
[14:57] | $485. | -485美元 |
[14:59] | Come on, Carrie. That’s insane. | -拜托,凯莉,这简直是抢劫 |
[15:02] | Well, that’s what they cost. | -它们就是这个售价 |
[15:06] | I’ll give you $200. | 我会付你200美元 |
[15:09] | okay, this is an awkward conversation. | 这样说实在很尴尬 |
[15:12] | I’m sorry. I just think that’s crazy to spend that much on shoes. | 抱歉,但在鞋子上 花那么多钱上实在不值得 |
[15:15] | You know how much Manolos are. You used to wear Manolos. | 你以前也穿曼诺罗的鞋 |
[15:18] | Sure, before I had a real life. | 没错,在我有真实人生之前 |
[15:21] | But Chuck and I have responsibilities now: kids, houses…. | 但恰克和我有责任要负 |
[15:25] | $485, wow! | 孩子、房子…485美元? 亲爱的 |
[15:31] | I have a real life. | -我也有真实人生 |
[15:33] | No offense, but I don’t think we should have to pay for your extravagant lifestyle. | -我没有恶意 但我们不想为你的奢侈负责 |
[15:38] | I mean, it was your choice to buy shoes that expensive. | 谁叫你自己要买那么贵的鞋 |
[15:41] | Yes, but it wasn’t my choice to take them off. | 但也不是我自己 要脱下那双鞋的 |
[15:45] | They’re just shoes. | 只不过是一双鞋 |
[15:47] | Shoes. | 鞋子 |
[15:51] | She shoe-shamed me. I left there covered in shame. | 她羞辱我 我被羞辱得体无完肤 |
[15:55] | She’s a fucking bitch! | -她是个贱人 |
[15:56] | But she isn’t, that’s the thing. She’s become this whole other person. | -重点就在于她不是 |
[16:00] | It’s like she’s had two caesarians and a lobotomy. | 她变了一个人 生了孩子之后整个人都变了 |
[16:04] | She owes you for those shoes. | -她该赔偿你 |
[16:06] | No, it’s not about the money. I don’t care about that. | -不,我不在乎那笔钱 |
[16:09] | I’m talking about a woman’s right to shoes. | 我说的是女人关于鞋子的主权 |
[16:13] | Why did she have to shame me? | 她何苦要羞辱我 |
[16:15] | Because she’s trapped in a hell of her own making. | 因为她身陷 自作自受的地狱无法翻身 |
[16:18] | No, wait, that’s me. | 等一下,我在说我自己 |
[16:23] | I am dying to scratch these! But if I do, it’ll be worse. | 我真的痒到受不了 但若抓下去,情况会更糟 |
[16:27] | How are they today? | -你的水痘如何了 |
[16:29] | Biblical. There’s literally a pox on my house. | -好恐怖 简直就像有病毒在我屋子里 |
[16:33] | If there wasn’t a Jules & Mimi marathon on BBC America this weekend… | 要不是正在播“爱在他乡” |
[16:37] | I’d have jumped out the window. | 我真想跳到窗外去 |
[16:39] | Hey, speaking of handsome black men, have you spotted any more of Dr. Knicks? | 说到英俊黑人男性 你最近还常看到 “尼克医生”吗 |
[16:44] | Don’t say ”spot.” | 还说呢,我一脸痘花 |
[16:46] | No. As a leper, I’m laying low. | 哪里都不敢去 |
[16:48] | But according to my sources, he’s officially in the building. | 但他应该在这栋大楼里 |
[16:52] | Is it bad that my life is filled with shoes and not children? | 我的生活中充满鞋子而非孩子 是一件很糟糕的事吗 |
[16:55] | Stop it! | 别再说了 |
[16:56] | And she is a fucking bitch for making you feel this way. oh, God! | 她这个贱人竟让你有这种感觉 |
[17:02] | When we were young… | 我们小的时候 |
[17:03] | Marlo Thomas sang to us about accepting each other and our differences. | 马罗汤玛斯曾唱过 关于接纳他人不同之处的歌 |
[17:08] | But then we got older and started singing a different tune. | 但之后我们各唱各的调 |
[17:12] | We stopped celebrating each other’s life choices and started qualifying them. | 也不再尊重各自的生活选择 |
[17:16] | Is acceptance really such a childish concept? | 难道接纳只是一个幼稚的概念 |
[17:20] | or did we have it right all along? | 还是我们一向都是如此? |
[17:23] | When did we stop being free to be you and me? | 我们何时不再随性做自己了呢 |
[17:29] | The next morning, Charlotte learned just how free the real Harry could be. | 第二天早上 夏绿蒂发现哈利十分随性 |
[17:34] | oh the shark has pretty teeth, dear | (鲨鱼的牙齿很漂亮) |
[17:38] | And he shows them pearly white | (它毫不遮掩地 将它们展示出来) |
[17:44] | -Morning. -Hi. | -早 -早 |
[17:50] | -Are you gonna take a shower? -in a little while. | -你是不是要洗澡 -还没 |
[18:15] | Apparently, it took next to nothing to make Harry feel comfortable. | 显然哈利在这里 已经全然自在了 |
[18:24] | Charlotte felt completely trapped. | 夏绿蒂觉得很困扰 |
[18:27] | She wanted to see Harry be himself in her home. | 她希望哈利在她家里很自在 |
[18:31] | She just didn’t need to see that much of him. | 但却不希望看到他太过随性 |
[18:37] | Meanwhile, I decided to bare all to Kyra. | 在此同时 我打算跟琪拉把话说清楚 |
[18:44] | -Hello. -Hey, Kyra, it’s Carrie. | -你好 -你好琪拉,我是凯莉 |
[18:47] | Listen…. | 我对那天的事心里有点挂碍 |
[18:49] | I feel weird about what happened the other day. | |
[18:51] | We’ve been friends a really long time… | 我们是很久的朋友了 |
[18:54] | and I just want to clear the air. | 我想把话说清楚 |
[18:57] | oh, my God, Carrie, I’d forgotten about that days ago. | 我早就忘了那天的事了 |
[19:00] | Well, I didn’t. I’ve been thinking a lot about it, and– | 我没忘 这件事让我想了很多… |
[19:04] | Man, you must have a lot of time on your hands. Milo! | 你一定是时间太多 |
[19:07] | Pants stay on. I’m serious! Penises stay in the bathroom. | 麦罗,穿上裤子,真的 |
[19:11] | Carrie, can you hold on for one second? I’ll be right back. Thanks. | 不要光屁股跑来跑去 请等一下,我马上回来 |
[19:18] | Hello. | 喂? |
[19:20] | Hello, Santa. | 你好,圣诞老人 |
[19:26] | You know what, I am Santa. I did a little mental addition… | 知道吗?我真是圣诞老人 我约略算了一下 |
[19:31] | and over the years, I have bought Kyra an engagement gift, a wedding gift. | 我送给琪拉一份订婚礼物 一份结婚礼物 |
[19:35] | Then there was the trip to Maine for the wedding, three baby gifts. | 送她去缅因州度蜜月 |
[19:38] | In toto, I have spent over $2,300… | 以及三个小孩的礼物 |
[19:43] | celebrating her choices. | 总共我花了超过2300美元 庆祝她的选择 |
[19:45] | And she is shaming me… | 而她竟不耻我花 |
[19:47] | for spending a lousy $485 on myself? | 区区485美元在自己身上? |
[19:52] | Yes, I did the math. | -没错,我的确算过 |
[19:53] | But those were gifts. | -但那些是礼物 |
[19:55] | I mean, if you got married or had a child, she’d spend the same on you. | 如果你结婚生子的话 她也会送你礼物 |
[19:59] | And if I don’t ever get married or have a baby, what? | 倘若我没有 结婚生子的话又该如何 |
[20:03] | I get bupkis? | 我什么都得不到 |
[20:05] | Think about it. lf you are single, after graduation… | 毕业后如果还是单身的话 |
[20:08] | there isn’t one occasion where people celebrate you. | 没有人会替你庆祝任何事 |
[20:11] | -We have birthdays. -No, we all have birthdays. | -你有生日 |
[20:15] | That’s a wash. I am talking about the single gal. | -每个人都有生日,那不能算 我指的是单身女性 |
[20:19] | Hallmark doesn’t make… | “贺轩”也没设计出 |
[20:21] | a congratulations-you-didn’t-marry- the-wrong-guy card. | 像“恭喜你没有陷入 错误婚姻”的贺卡 |
[20:26] | And where’s the flatware for going on vacation alone? | 也没有单人度假用的餐具组 |
[20:30] | You’re right! | 没错,我不需要结婚礼物 |
[20:31] | Why should I get wedding gifts? Finding Harry was gift enough. | 哈利已经是最好的礼物 |
[20:34] | No, no. | 别这么说 |
[20:36] | I’m thrilled to give you gifts to celebrate your life. | 我想送你礼物来庆祝你的人生 |
[20:39] | I just think it stinks that single people are left out of it. | 但让我真正不爽的是 单身的人受到歧视 |
[20:42] | So the moral of the story appears to be: | 社会习俗演变成 |
[20:45] | Until I get married, I won’t be seeing nothing from Kyra. | 除非我结婚 否则琪拉永远不会送我礼物 |
[20:49] | -How’s the pistachio? -It’s so good. You want some? | -开心果好不好吃 -很棒,要不要尝尝 |
[20:52] | Meanwhile, Samantha was trying to have a working lunch. | 在此同时 |
[20:57] | Another bite? | 莎曼珊正打算吃一顿商业午餐 |
[20:59] | We got cut off. Look, I need to get him three VlP seats and– | 我们被打断了 |
[21:03] | Look at you! Look at you eating your pesto. | 听好,我要三个贵宾席及… 看看你,看你吃青酱面的样子 |
[21:11] | No, I don’t want any shitty house seats. Listen to me. | 我不要什么特别席 |
[21:15] | -No, I can’t have any– -Excuse me. We don’t allow cell phones. | -不,我不能… -这里不能讲手机 |
[21:19] | -Are you kidding me? -No. | -你在开玩笑吧 -不是 |
[21:21] | I’ll call you back. | 我再打给你 |
[21:24] | I understand that my cell phone may be annoying to some… | 我知道这样会吵到别人 |
[21:27] | but what are you doing about that noise? | 但你们对那种噪音 为何置之不理 |
[21:33] | There’s nothing we can do about that. That’s a child. | 我们没办法处理 那只是小孩子 |
[21:38] | And that was all Samantha had to hear. | 莎曼珊忍无可忍 |
[21:43] | You’re a big boy. | |
[21:44] | Hello. | 你好,我知道我必须 |
[21:46] | I understand that your child and I have to coexist in this city. | 和你的孩子在本市共存 |
[21:49] | But perhaps you could take him somewhere more appropriate for a Happy Meal… | 但能不能请带他 到别的地方吃快乐儿童餐 |
[21:53] | so I could have a happier one. | 让我也能在这里舒服地用餐 |
[21:56] | Seamus, that wasn’t very nice. | 希姆,这样做很不好 |
[22:03] | I’ve made my point and he’s made his. | 我表达了我的意见 他也表达了他的 |
[22:17] | Honey! | 亲爱的 亲爱的 |
[22:22] | -Hello, beautiful. -Hi. | -你好,小美人 -你好 |
[22:26] | Do you know what we need to bring back in this house? | 你知道 |
[22:29] | Cocktail hour. | 我们该在这里恢复什么吗 鸡尾酒时间 |
[22:33] | Charlotte realized there was something grosser than teabags all over her house. | 夏绿蒂发现有些事 比茶包更让人难以忍受 |
[22:39] | Her husband’s teabags all over her new white couch. | 那就是哈利的茶包 在她的白色沙发上 |
[22:42] | -Harry! -What? | -哈利 -怎么了 |
[22:45] | -No, I feel bad. -About what? | 我受不了 受不了什么 |
[22:50] | I’m trying to be less rigid, and I really do want you to be yourself in our house. | 我尽量不想嗦 而我也希望你能够自在 |
[22:55] | I know you do and I appreciate it. | 我知道,我很感激 |
[22:57] | And… | 对于你的裸露我也快能接受了 |
[23:00] | I’m almost used to the whole naked thing. | 我知道我这样太过分了 |
[23:04] | I knew it was too much. It’s just me. But I can put on clothes. | 我会穿上衣服 |
[23:08] | No. I want you to be yourself. | 不是,我希望你能感到自在 |
[23:11] | It’s just…. Maybe you could put something between yourself and the white couch. | 我只是希望你在自己 和白沙发之间能再加点东西 |
[23:17] | I get it. We’ve got kind of an ass-white couch situation here. | 我知道了 问题出在屁股和白沙发 |
[23:21] | I will put on shorts. | -我会穿条短裤 |
[23:24] | -Could you? -of course. | -是吗 当然 |
[23:31] | Now? | 现在就穿? |
[23:37] | Love you. | 爱你 (爱在他乡) |
[23:57] | Miranda, are you in there? | 米兰达,你在家吗 |
[24:01] | I can see your feet under the door. | 我从门缝看到你的脚了 |
[24:04] | -Damn. -I just came by to check up on you. | -可恶 -我是过来看看你情况如何 |
[24:06] | -I’m fine. -I’ve seen it all. I’m a doctor, remember? | -我很好 -我是医生,见怪不怪了 |
[24:14] | I’m fine. Come on in. | 我真的很好,请进 |
[24:18] | It’s not that bad. | 情况还不错 |
[24:20] | I’ve seen a 7′ tall man’s shinbone poking through his calf, so…. | 我还曾看过 七英尺大汉的胫骨穿透他的小腿 |
[24:25] | -Where’s Brady? -He’s asleep. | -布莱迪呢 -他在睡觉 |
[24:28] | Too bad. I wanted to give him this. | 我想给他这个 |
[24:31] | I’m pretty sure his hand-eye coordination is still a little sub-par to make the team. | 我相信他的手眼协调功能 |
[24:35] | If he’s gonna go pro, we gotta start him young. | 还不到能参加球队的地步 |
[24:38] | What are you watching? | 这要从小开始培养起 你在看什么 |
[24:40] | -It’s just Jules & Mimi. It’s silly. -Yeah? What’s it about? | -“爱在他乡”,有点蠢 |
[24:46] | Well, that’s Mimi. She’s the landlord. | -剧情是什么 -那是咪咪,她是房东 |
[24:49] | Right next to her there is Jules, and they’ve slept together a couple of times… | -她身边的是朱尔斯 |
[24:54] | but Jules may be involved with the girl who works in the sausage shop. | 他们有亲密关系 但朱尔斯可能和另一女孩有染 |
[24:58] | -in a nutshell. -He seems to be pretty into her now. | -就这样 -他好像很喜欢她 |
[25:02] | I’m intrigued. | -我也想看 |
[25:05] | -Really? -That and my cable’s not hooked up yet. | -是吗 我的有线电视还没装好 |
[25:14] | Jules, you know, you didn’t have to bring the rent over in person. | 朱尔斯 |
[25:19] | What’s a few tube stops between friends? | 你不必亲自送房租过来 坐几站地铁有什么关系 |
[25:22] | I love a brother with an accent. | 我喜欢带口音的兄弟 |
[25:24] | Do you think we’ll stay friends after this? | 我们以后还能做朋友吗 |
[25:26] | I hope not. | 最好不要 |
[25:45] | You’re so soft! | 你好柔软 |
[25:50] | That night, I decided I couldn’t wait for a ring. | 当晚,我决定我不能再等电话 |
[25:54] | And so I gave someone else one. | 因此我决定先打过去 |
[26:00] | -This is Milo. -This is Allegra. | -我是麦罗 -我是艾雷卓 |
[26:03] | Mommy, and Daddy, and baby Henry, and us aren’t here. | 爸妈和小亨利 以及我们全都不在家 |
[26:07] | Leave a message. | 请留话 |
[26:12] | Hi, it’s Carrie Bradshaw. | 你好,我是凯莉布雷萧 |
[26:14] | I wanted to let you know that I’m getting married. | 我想告诉你们我要结婚了 |
[26:18] | To myself. | 和我自己结婚 |
[26:20] | And I’m registered at Manolo Blahnik. | 我在曼诺罗布雷尼克登记礼品 |
[26:23] | So thanks. Bye. | 就这样,谢谢,再见 |
[26:27] | one giant step for me, one small step for single womankind. | 我的一大步 是单身女性的一小步 |
[26:35] | Here they are. | -就是这个 |
[26:37] | -That’s all she registered for? -That’ll be– | -她只有订这个? |
[26:41] | $485. | -对,价钱是… -485美元 |
[26:43] | Plus tax. | 再加税 能不能请你看好你的孩子 |
[26:45] | And could you please watch your children? We don’t want them touching the shoes. | 我们不希望他们触碰那些鞋子 谢谢 |
[26:50] | Thanks. | (恭喜你 祝福你和你自己幸福) |
[27:17] | It was my very first wedding present. | (爱你的琪拉、恰克、麦罗 艾蕾卓和亨利) 这是我的第一份结婚贺礼 |
[27:23] | The fact is, sometimes it’s hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes. | 有时单身女子这条路并不好走 |
[27:27] | That’s why we need really special ones now and then. | 因此我们偶尔需要 一些特别的鞋子 |
[27:30] | To make the walk a little more fun. | 让这条路走起来 增添一点小小的乐趣 |