时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | I didn’t go to my high school reunion. | 我并没有参加高中同学会 |
[00:54] | So when my high-school sweetheart called me for a reunion… | 因此当我高中男友打电话来时 |
[00:57] | I was curious to see… | 我很好奇地想看他是否仍是 |
[00:58] | if he looked like the boy I used to make out with in front of my locker. | 当初和我陷入热恋的那个人 |
[01:02] | Can you tell me how to get to Chemistry class? | 请问化学教室怎么走 |
[01:04] | Actually, he looked better. | 事实上,他看起来更帅 |
[01:07] | My God, Jeremy! | 老天,杰瑞米 |
[01:11] | That’s my name. Don’t wear it out. | 没错,别叫得太滥 |
[01:13] | Wow! You look great! | 你气色很好 |
[01:16] | I knew you looked great ’cause I saw you on the cover of your book. | 你在书的封面上看起来很棒 |
[01:20] | But I have to say, even better in person. | 但你本人看起来更美 |
[01:22] | God, I’m so glad you called. | -真高兴你打电话找我 |
[01:23] | I’m going to be spending the month in Connecticut, so… | -我会在康乃狄格住一个月 |
[01:26] | I had to look you up. | -我一定要过来看看你 |
[01:28] | How are you? I heard you married somebody that you met in business school. | -最近好吗?听说你结婚了 |
[01:32] | Yeah. I got divorced, like, two years ago. | 我两年前离婚了 |
[01:34] | Really miscalculated that one. | 是我判断错误 |
[01:37] | So I’m on my own again. | 所以现在又回复单身 |
[01:41] | How about you? Are you seeing anybody or…. | 你呢?有没有固定的对象 |
[01:43] | -Nope. Wide open. -How is that possible? | -没有,正在等待机会 -怎么可能 |
[01:46] | My high school boyfriend spoiled me for life. | 因为我的高中男友把我宠坏了 |
[01:50] | Right. Me and my AMC Pacer. | -没错,我和我的“溜马” |
[01:52] | oh, the Pacer! oh, man! | -“溜马”,老天 |
[01:56] | -I put our names down for a table. -Great. | -我用我们的名字订了位 -很好 |
[01:59] | Look, earlier you said maybe you might have dinner plans. | 但你说你晚餐可能有事 |
[02:03] | Was that in case I turned out to be a…. | 那是不是为了预防万一我… |
[02:06] | Yeah, maybe. | 也许 |
[02:08] | But my fictional plans fell through… | 我的虚构计划取消了 |
[02:12] | so I’m available. | 所以我现在有空 |
[02:15] | Miranda had no plans that night… | 米兰达的新邻居来访 |
[02:17] | so she was thrilled when her cute, new neighbor stopped by. | 让她觉得很兴奋 你好 |
[02:23] | I didn’t expect you home on a Saturday night. | -你星期六晚上竟然在家 |
[02:25] | Motherhood. | -照顾小孩 |
[02:27] | So what’s my excuse? | -早该想到 |
[02:29] | I just got Brady to sleep. | -我才将布莱迪哄睡 |
[02:32] | -Now, do you sing to him? -only if he’s been bad. | -你唱歌给他听吗 -只有在他不乖的时候 |
[02:36] | Listen, I have these two courtside seats… | 我有两张下星期五 |
[02:39] | for the Knicks charity game at the Garden next Friday night. | 尼克队慈善比赛场边座位的票 |
[02:42] | -Would you want to go? -I would love to. | -你想去看吗 -当然 |
[02:45] | Great. | 好,我们到时候见 |
[02:47] | -Great. I’ll look for you there. -okay. | 好 |
[02:51] | -Thanks so much. -Good night. | -谢谢你 -晚安 |
[02:56] | You, too. | 晚安 |
[02:58] | Miranda wasn’t sure if it was a charity game or just charity. | 米兰达不确定那真是慈善活动 |
[03:03] | I didn’t even ask what you were doing in Connecticut. | 还是只是同情她 我还没问你在康州做什么 |
[03:06] | Nothing, for a change. | 没什么,只是想转换一下 |
[03:09] | I spent the last decade working my ass off in Denver… | 过去十年 我在丹佛工作得像狗一样 |
[03:13] | so I decided to take a month off. | 因此我决定休一个月假 |
[03:16] | Spend some time at sea level. | 到海边走走散心 |
[03:18] | So I’ve just been relaxing in the country, sorting through some things, you know. | 我想趁机休息一下 整理一下思绪 |
[03:23] | Sometimes you need to get away. | 有时是需要离开原有的环境 |
[03:26] | Sometimes you wonder why you stayed away so long. | 但有时你会怀疑 为什么会离开这么久 |
[03:35] | Well, this is my place. | 这是我住的地方 |
[03:40] | -It’s a nice place. -Yeah, I love it here. | -很棒的地方 -我很喜欢这里 |
[03:47] | I feel like I want to kiss you, but I…. | 我想亲吻你,但不知… |
[03:51] | -I don’t know what…. -I know. It’s very unclear. | -我知道,情况有点暧昧 -这不是第一次约会 |
[03:54] | I mean, this isn’t a first date. We’ve already dated. | -我们以前约过会 -也接过吻 |
[03:58] | -And we’ve kissed. -Many times. | -无数次 -好几小时 |
[04:00] | -Hours. -We were in a lip-Iock for most of 1982. | 1982年时我们的嘴唇 几乎是粘在一起 |
[04:04] | So… | 因此 |
[04:07] | what’s one more kiss? | 再多吻一次又何妨 |
[04:13] | You mean business. | 你是认真的? |
[04:34] | That’s a lot better without the gearshift sticking up my ass. | 没有被排档杆 顶住的感觉真好 |
[04:42] | It was a romantic, hot summer night… | 那是个浪漫的夏日夜晚 |
[04:46] | followed by a miserable, hot summer day… | 在一个酷热的炎夏之日 |
[04:49] | which was the fourteenth miserable, hot summer day in a row. | 那已经是连续第14天的 热浪袭人 |
[04:52] | -Samantha Jones. How are you? -Great, Phoebe. How are you? | -莎曼珊琼斯,你好吗 -很好,菲碧,你呢 |
[04:58] | Refreshed. We just dropped by the Soho House for a dip. | 清爽无比 |
[05:02] | I mean, what else can you possibly do in this heat… | 我们刚从索霍屋泡水出来 |
[05:05] | except sit by the pool and drink cocktails while they mist you with Evian. | 在这么热的天气 还有什么比坐在泳池边 |
[05:10] | -Isn’t it the best? -It’s fabulous. | 边喝鸡尾酒 边让人喷矿泉水更舒服的事 |
[05:13] | I’m running to a lunch, otherwise I’d be up there myself. | 没错,我要赶赴午餐 否则我也会去索霍屋 |
[05:17] | Toodles. | 再见 |
[05:18] | There’s a pool a block from my apartment and I can’t get in. | -竟然有我不能去的游泳池 |
[05:21] | -What pool? -At the Soho House. | -什么游泳池 |
[05:23] | You have to be a member and I’m on a bullshit wait list. | 索霍屋,他们是会员制 我到现在还在等候名单上 |
[05:26] | -Don’t they know who you are? -And, more importantly, who we are… | -他们知道你是谁吗 -更重要的是,我们是谁 |
[05:30] | who need to be at the pool with you. | 要和你一起去游泳的人 |
[05:32] | You know, in high school, all you had to do was jump a fence… | 高中的时候我们只要跳过围墙 |
[05:35] | and you could be in somebody’s pool. | 就可进入人家的泳池 |
[05:37] | Speaking of high school, I saw my high-school sweetheart… | 说到高中 我见到了我的高中男友 |
[05:41] | and I think I might like him. Again. | 我想我可能又再度喜欢上他 |
[05:45] | -Is that crazy? -No, I love this. | 这样会不会很奇怪 |
[05:48] | You could end up with your high-school boyfriend. | 不,这样很好 你可能重回高中男友的怀抱 |
[05:51] | okay, let’s not jump the gun. | 现在这么说还太早 |
[05:52] | It was the best date I’ve had in a long time and I wasn’t even thinking it was a date. | 但那是我最近最棒的一次约会 |
[05:58] | -When he kissed me good night– -He kissed you good night? | -当他跟我吻别时… |
[06:03] | It was wild. | -他跟你吻别? 对,我…觉得好极了 |
[06:04] | Because I actually remembered what it felt like to kiss him. | 让我回想起当年亲吻他的心情 |
[06:08] | Imagine if you slept with him. Talk about a homecoming. | 以前跟他上床 还要担心随时有人回家 |
[06:12] | No! | -不,我们从没做过 |
[06:13] | -We never went all the way. -Why not? | -为什么? |
[06:15] | Because we were kids. We wanted to wait. | 我们那时还小 我们想等长大一点 |
[06:18] | And now, I think we’ve waited long enough. | 现在 我想我们已经等得够久了 |
[06:22] | You’re marrying him. | -你要嫁给他 |
[06:23] | Will you stop? He doesn’t even live in New York. He lives in Denver. | -还没有 -他甚至不住在纽约 |
[06:26] | -People move. It would be so romantic. -or tragic. Seriously. | -搬家也没什么,这真浪漫 |
[06:30] | If I had the guy in high school… | 或是悲惨,老实说 如果我在高中就找到他了 |
[06:33] | what have I been doing for the past 20 years? | 那过去20年来我在干什么 |
[06:36] | Why did you two break up? | -你们为何分手 |
[06:38] | I broke up because I thought, ”There must be better guys out there.” | -是我提出的 |
[06:41] | Turns out, there aren’t. | 我还以为会遇到更好的男人 |
[06:44] | That night I started thinking about my retro relationship. | 结果并没有 我开始考虑这段回春的关系 |
[06:48] | Since high school, most women I know… | 高中以后 |
[06:50] | have acquired much better taste in clothes, hairstyles, and food. | 女人的品味提升许多 |
[06:54] | But what about in men? | 无论是在衣服、发型或食物 但对男人的品味? |
[06:59] | Maybe we were better off when we thought less and kissed more. | 如果当时我们不要想太多 只要随心所欲反而更好 |
[07:04] | Have we graduated past our ability to find true love? | 我们毕业后 寻找真爱的能力真的提升了吗 |
[07:08] | When it comes to matters of the heart, did we have it right in high school? | 当说到内心的感觉 我们在高中时 就已经有正确选择了吗 |
[07:16] | Samantha was too cool to belong to any clubs in high school… | 莎曼珊在高中时 不屑加入任何社团 |
[07:19] | so she refused to believe that any club was too cool for her now. | 因此她不相信 |
[07:23] | Especially since New York in August is not cool at all. | 竟然有地方会不让她加入 |
[07:26] | -May I help you? -I hope so. | -能为你效劳吗 |
[07:28] | I’d like to know what’s holding up my membership. | -我为什么还不能入会 |
[07:31] | I’ve been on the wait list since June. | -我从六月份就开始排了 |
[07:33] | Yes, I’m sorry, but we are not currently admitting any new members. | -我们无法加收新会员 |
[07:36] | The pool is so fabulous, we’re at capacity every day. | 游泳池太棒了 现在每天都客满 |
[07:41] | -Do you know who I am? -No, I don’t. | -你知道我是谁吗 -对不起,我不知道 |
[07:46] | But we can’t accommodate you right now. | 但我们现在无法推荐你入会 |
[07:49] | Can I at least use the restroom before I go, or is there a wait list for that as well? | 我能借用一下化妆室 还是那也需要排队等候? |
[07:53] | Down the corridor on your left, the door marked ”WC.” | 穿过走廊在左手边 门上有洗手间标示 |
[08:07] | Miss, did you leave your card on the sink? | 小姐 你是否将卡掉在水槽里了 |
[08:11] | oh, yes. Yes, I did. Thank you so much. | 对,没错,谢谢你 |
[08:15] | Since they didn’t seem to know who she was at the Soho House… | 既然他们不知道她是谁 |
[08:18] | she figured she could be Annabelle Bronstein. | 她想她应该可以成为 安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 |
[08:29] | The next day, Samantha tested the waters with her fake lD. | 第二天莎曼珊以他人的名义 |
[08:33] | Excuse me, can I get you something to drink, Miss Bronstein? | 在游泳池好好地享受了一番 布朗斯汀小姐 |
[08:39] | Yes, but I’ll just pay cash. | 你想喝点什么吗 好,但我要付现金 |
[08:43] | And please, call me Annabelle. | 麻烦你…叫我安娜贝尔就好 |
[08:48] | Meanwhile, a fight was about to break out in the cafeteria. | 在此同时,一场战争即将引爆 |
[08:52] | But this time, Cafeteria was a trendy restaurant in Chelsea. | 在切尔西一家时尚的餐厅 |
[08:57] | -Thank you. -God, I hate him. | -谢谢你 -老天,我恨他 |
[09:01] | Come on, we’re going over there. | -我们过去那里 |
[09:03] | -Why? -Because you’re in a tank top. | -为什么 |
[09:06] | Really. | 因为你穿汗衫 |
[09:08] | -Hi. -oh, hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[09:10] | You’re here. What a small world. | -世界还真小 |
[09:12] | That’s Chelsea for you. Can’t swing a dick without running into someone you know. | -因为你只能在这里混 走到哪里都会遇到熟人 |
[09:19] | We’d love to stay and chat, but we have to go get our tuxes for the prom. | 我们很想聊聊 但我们要去挑舞会的礼服 |
[09:23] | Did you say ”the prom”? | 舞会? |
[09:25] | Yes, it’s a big fundraiser at the gay-Iesbian-bi-transgender center. | 在同志友好中心 举办的募款活动 |
[09:29] | -I’m on the decorations committee. -What’s the theme, ”Queer and Queerer”? | 我是布置组成员 主题是什么?伤风败俗吗? |
[09:35] | I have the best memories of my prom. I was the prom queen. | 我对舞会的印象很好 我曾是舞会女王 |
[09:39] | of course you were, darling. | 你当然是 |
[09:41] | -I missed my prom in high school because– -You were gay. | 我怀念高中时的舞会,因为… 你是同性恋 |
[09:45] | No. My girlfriend and I broke up the night before because– | 我和女朋友 在前一天晚上分手因为… |
[09:49] | You were gay. | -你是同性恋 |
[09:51] | -No, I wasn’t gay until– -You were born. | -不,我不是同性恋直到… -你出生那一刻? |
[09:57] | Never mind. Goodbye, Charlotte. | -算了 再见,夏绿蒂 |
[10:01] | -Bye. -Bye, Marcus. | -再见 -再见,马可斯 |
[10:06] | Those two should be going to the gay-Iesbian-and-prostitute prom. | 他们应去同志性交舞会 |
[10:10] | -Be nice. -What? | -别这样 -怎么了 |
[10:13] | I happen to know that Marcus used to be a gay escort. | 我知道 马可斯以前做过同志伴游 |
[10:16] | -He was not. -Honey, wake up and smell the K-Y. | -他没有 -亲爱的,别傻了 |
[10:20] | I was flipping through a vintage issue of Honcho. | 我看过他在过期的 |
[10:22] | I saw his ad in the Rauncho section. He called himself Paul. | “汉草”杂志上登的广告 |
[10:26] | Worst hustler name I ever heard. | 他自称为保罗 是我所听过最烂的骗子化名 |
[10:28] | He and Stanford are in love. | 他和史丹佛两人很相爱 |
[10:30] | Well, according to Honcho, he used to be in love all over town. | 从“汉草”上看来 他爱整个镇的男人 |
[10:35] | -You are mistaken. -There’s a picture. I’ll send you the ad. | -你一定看错人了 -有照片为证,我拿给你看 |
[10:38] | -I don’t want to see it. -I’m sending it, prom queen. | -我不想看 |
[10:41] | -What can I get you? -Cute waiter. | -我会拿给你看,侍者很正 |
[10:47] | I wish I didn’t know this. | 真希望我不知道这件事 |
[10:52] | Do you think Stanford knows? | -你想史丹佛知道吗 |
[10:54] | Probably not, so maybe we shouldn’t talk about it in Madison Square Garden. | -不,我们不该在这里讨论它 |
[11:01] | I don’t think that these people know those people. | 我不认为这个圈子的人 会认识那个圈子的人 |
[11:06] | -Look at how cute he is. -He is gorgeous. | -看他多帅 -他的确很不错 |
[11:14] | He looked at me. Did you see him look at me? | -你看到他正在看我吗 |
[11:16] | -He totally likes you. -You think? | -他非常喜欢你 |
[11:19] | Look at these seats. | -看我们的座位就知道 -没错 |
[11:20] | You’re right. These seats are too good to be casual. | 这些座位可不是随便拿得到的 时间到 |
[11:27] | Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Knicks City Dancers. | 各位女士、先生 欢迎尼克城市舞者进场 |
[11:31] | Did I ever tell you I was a cheerleader? | -我告诉过你我曾是啦啦队长 |
[11:33] | No, because you knew I would mock you endlessly. | -没有,你明知道我会取笑你 |
[12:02] | Did you used to do that? | 你们以前都这么做吗 |
[12:04] | No, we just did some herkies and some kicks. | 没有 我们只做一些踢腿的动作 |
[12:22] | -What is she doing? -The blonde one in front? | -她在做什么 -金发的那位吗? |
[12:33] | -She’s flirting with your boyfriend. -He’s not my boyfriend. | -她在挑逗你男朋友 -他不是我男朋友 |
[12:39] | What is she, like, 21? | 她多大?21岁? |
[12:43] | It was Friday night, it was the big game… | 现在是星期五晚上 |
[12:46] | and Miranda was jealous of a cheerleader. | 比赛正激烈地进行 米兰达正忌妒着一位啦啦队长 |
[12:52] | Two hours later, the game ended and Miranda felt like the loser. | 两个小时后比赛结束 米兰达自觉像个失败者 |
[12:57] | okay, let’s just go. | -我们走吧 |
[12:59] | No, you have to go over there and talk to him. | -你要过去跟他说个话 |
[13:01] | -He’s talking to her. -You are better than her. | -他正在和她说话 -你比她好 |
[13:04] | Go on. You can do it. | -去吧,你一定能办到 |
[13:07] | -Are you gonna do a herkie now? -Just you go over there and flirt a little bit. | -你会替我加油吗 你也过去和他调一下情 |
[13:12] | Go. Go. | 去,快去 |
[13:17] | The Knicks and Madison Square Garden thank you for coming. | |
[13:20] | Have a safe trip home. | |
[13:21] | That’s it. I’m out. | 算了,我认输 |
[13:24] | Meanwhile, I invited Jeremy to come over and watch a movie… | 在此同时 我邀请杰瑞米过来“看电影” |
[13:27] | which in high school was code for, ”Come over and make out. ” | 在高中时这是“缠绵”的代称 |
[13:32] | And happily, it still was. | 幸好这代称现在仍旧适用 |
[13:34] | I’ve gotta run. Last train leaves in half an hour. | 我要走了 最后一班车再半个小时要开 |
[13:38] | I think you should stay. | 你可以留下来 |
[13:41] | I think we should go all the way. | 我们应该可以更进一步 |
[13:45] | -All the way? -We never did. | -更进一步 |
[13:47] | And now we can, and your mother won’t walk in with her laundry and her TaB. | -我们以前没做,但现在可以 你妈也不会突然闯进来 |
[13:53] | That’s true. | 是没错 |
[13:55] | Carrie, I need to be honest with you about something. | 但有些事我必须向你坦白 |
[13:58] | That’s the worst thing you can hear from someone you really like. | 这是你最不想 从喜欢的人口中听到的话 |
[14:03] | I’m not really just taking time off. | 我并不是真的在休假 我是… |
[14:07] | I’m sort of in a… | 我现在住在一个… |
[14:13] | mental institution. | 精神治疗中心 |
[14:15] | No, actually, that’s the worst thing you can hear. | 事实上 这才是最不想听到的话 |
[14:19] | I wanted a man who would commit, not a man who was committed. | 我希望找能托付终身的男人 而不是被关进精神病院的男人 |
[14:23] | Apparently, we have to be more specific. | 我们还是谨慎一点比较好 |
[14:25] | -But how is he able to see you? -Did he escape? | -他怎么能出来见你 -他逃出来的吗 |
[14:29] | No, he’s voluntary. | 不是,他可以自由行动 |
[14:31] | He says it’s not really a mental institution… | 那不是真的精神病院 |
[14:33] | it’s a therapeutic community. | -那是个治疗团体 |
[14:36] | -Which one? -Juno-Spears. | -哪一个? -朱诺史毕尔 |
[14:38] | That’s supposed to be a good one. I’ve had clients go there. | -那间不错,我有客户在那 |
[14:41] | Really? Why haven’t we heard about that? | -我们怎么不知道 -我有保密的义务 |
[14:43] | Because I’m good at my job. No one wants to admit they’re in a loony bin. | -没人会想承认这种事 |
[14:46] | -on a first date. -It’s all humiliating. | -尤其在第一次约会 真丢人 |
[14:49] | Think about what we have to go through to date. | 试想我们历经了多少事 |
[14:52] | I am 38, and I am competing with a cheerleader. | 我现年38岁 |
[14:55] | And even when you get the guy, you never know what fun surprise might be revealed. | 还要跟一个啦啦队长争 不知道还会爆发什么惊人事件 |
[14:59] | Let me tell you something, ladies. | 让我告诉你们 |
[15:02] | In a good relationship, there are no surprises. | 一段好的关系 是不该有任何隐瞒的 |
[15:06] | I know everything about Marcus, and Marcus knows everything about me. | 我知道马可斯所有的事 他也知道我所有的事 |
[15:15] | I don’t think he knows everything. | -我不认为他知道所有的事 |
[15:18] | What? | -怎么了 |
[15:22] | What? | 怎么了? |
[15:23] | Charlotte, like all girls, learned at an early age… | 夏绿蒂很早就知道 |
[15:26] | that the only way to get rid of information you don’t want to have… | 唯一能去除垃圾资讯的方法 |
[15:30] | is to pass it on. | 就是把它传出去 |
[15:32] | oh, my God! Is this real? | 老天,这是真的吗 |
[15:35] | Anthony found it in an old issue of Honcho magazine. | 安东尼在过期的 “汉草”杂志上看到的 |
[15:39] | Let me see that. | 让我看看 |
[15:41] | oh, my! Is that Marcus? | 老天,那真是马可斯? |
[15:46] | -What is that? -Nothing. | -那是什么? -没什么 |
[15:49] | okay, hand it over. | 拿出来 |
[15:53] | okay, hand it over. | 拿出来 |
[16:01] | Where did this come from? | 这是从哪里来的 |
[16:04] | Someone better tell me where this came from right now. I’m not kidding. | 快告诉我,我可不是开玩笑 |
[16:08] | -I got it from Carrie. -I got it from Miranda. | -凯莉给我的 -米兰达 |
[16:11] | -I got it from Charlotte. -I got it from Anthony… | -夏绿蒂 -安东尼 |
[16:13] | but I told him you and Marcus were very much in love. | 但我告诉过他 你和马可斯很相爱 |
[16:16] | Charlotte was still a cheerleader for love. | 夏绿蒂仍是爱情啦啦队长 |
[16:19] | But like the Knicks, her team was having a bad season. | 但她的队伍 |
[16:22] | Well, you think you know somebody…. | 本季的表现并不好 你还以为你很了解某人… |
[16:28] | Excuse me, which one of you is Annabelle Bronstein? | 抱歉 请问哪位是安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 |
[16:32] | -I am. -Well, that’s impossible. | -我就是 |
[16:35] | Miss Bronstein is in London for the week. | -不可能 布朗斯汀小姐本周人在伦敦 |
[16:38] | No, I am Annabelle Bronstein. | 不,我就是安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 |
[16:42] | And she’s British. | 她是英国人 |
[16:45] | As I was saying, dear sir… | 我刚说过,先生 |
[16:48] | I am Annabelle Bronstein. | 我是安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 |
[16:50] | I’m fairly certain you’re not Annabelle. I’ve spoken to her on the phone. | 我确定你不是 我已经和她通过电话 |
[16:55] | I am absolutely Annabelle Bronstein… | 我绝对是安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 |
[16:58] | and I do not pay $900 annually… | 我一年花了900美元 |
[17:03] | to be treated like this. | 却得到这种待遇 |
[17:04] | Now, ring round the waiter and have him tally up the drinks. | 快叫侍者过来帮我们补充饮料 |
[17:09] | -What’s with the accent? -She’s got a case of the Madonnas. | -那口音是怎么回事 -她是千面女郎 |
[17:12] | I’m sorry, but I know for a fact that Annabelle lost her card. | 很抱歉,但我知道 安娜贝尔遗失了会员卡 |
[17:17] | Yes, I thought I did… | 没错,我以为我掉了 |
[17:21] | but it was on top of the telly. | 结果发现它在电视机上 |
[17:23] | And Miss Bronstein is from Sussex, as am I… | 布朗斯汀小姐 跟我一样来自索塞克斯 |
[17:27] | and I’d venture to guess that you are not, in fact, from the UK. | 我大胆猜测 你应该不是来自英国 |
[17:33] | That’s true. | 没错,我是在印度长大 |
[17:35] | I was raised in inja. | |
[17:37] | on any given day, there are a lot of versions of ”crazy” right here in New York. | 在纽约,每天都可能 发生许多疯狂的事 |
[17:42] | Today, Annabelle Bronstein had multiple personalities… | 而今天,安娜贝尔布朗斯汀 就有了多重人格 |
[17:46] | and at least two accents. | 以及两种以上的口音 |
[17:51] | Hey, Hobbes. Where did you disappear to after the game? | 霍布斯 你怎么球赛后就消失了 |
[17:55] | I was gonna thank you, but you were talking to that girl. | 我本来要过去向你致谢 但你正和那个女孩在谈话 |
[17:59] | -What girl? -Some cheerleader. | -哪个女孩 -那个啦啦队长 |
[18:05] | -Do you like her? -No. | -你喜欢她吗 -不 |
[18:10] | I like someone else. | 我另有心上人 |
[18:14] | You. | 就是你 |
[18:15] | This cheered Miranda up immediately. | 这让米兰达喜出望外 |
[18:18] | Now, see, how would I know that? | 我怎么知道 |
[18:22] | Well…. | 那 |
[18:25] | Would it be any clearer… | 如果我这么做的话 |
[18:29] | if I did this? | 你会明白吗 |
[18:42] | -Hi, Mrs. McCaffrey. -Hello, Mrs. McCaffrey. | -你好,麦卡弗瑞太太 -你好,麦卡弗瑞太太 |
[18:48] | I wanted you to have these. Marbles. | 我想请你留着这弹珠(理智) |
[18:52] | In case I lose any more of mine, I want to know where I can find a stash. | 免得我又再弄丢 |
[18:55] | -How are you? Do you want to come in? -She asked with trepidation. | -至少我知道哪里可找到它们 -要进来吗 |
[18:59] | No, I think it’s great what you’re doing– | -你语带惊恐 |
[19:01] | I know I probably threw you for a loop the other day, but…. | -才没有,你这样做很好 |
[19:05] | I should probably just come right out and say something about this, but I…. | 我知道我那天吓着你了,但… |
[19:09] | Truth is, I haven’t worked out my rap on it yet. | 我当时应该把话说清楚 但我还没办法讨论它 |
[19:11] | -Well, it’s a tough thing to slip in. -Yeah, it is. | -这件事很难启齿 -我知道 |
[19:15] | ”Hi, I might be crazy. Would you like to share an appetizer?” | 你好,我可能是疯子 |
[19:20] | The thing is, I think I made it sound worse than it is. | 想不想跟我吃个饭? 我想我越描越黑了 |
[19:24] | If you saw Juno-Spears, you’d see it’s not a cuckoo’s nest. | 朱诺史毕尔并不是疯人院 |
[19:26] | It’s more like Canyon Ranch for the brain. | 比较像是为大脑所设的 峡谷农场健康度假中心 |
[19:30] | -Do they have pilates? -They do have pilates. | -他们也有彼拉特斯运动 -他们有彼拉特斯运动 |
[19:34] | I don’t want to lie to you. I am going through some pretty heavy stuff. | 我不想骗你 |
[19:38] | I mean, soul-searching, really. | 我正在接受一些吃重的治疗 亦即心灵探索 |
[19:42] | Trying to figure out why… | 试图了解为什么有些事 |
[19:44] | some things seem to be harder for me than they are for other people. | 我比别人更难克服 |
[19:48] | I think my family has something to do with it. | 那和我的家庭有关 |
[19:51] | -It’s good to blame the parents, right? -Right. | 总是能怪罪父母,对不对 |
[19:54] | So I figured I could spend the next five years in therapy… | -没错 |
[19:57] | or spend the next month and deal with it intensively right now. | -我可以花五年时间接受治疗 |
[20:00] | It’s just more efficient. | 或是现在接受密集治疗 这样比较有效率 |
[20:01] | -You make a very good case. -That’s what my doctors say. | -你的进展很好 -我的医生也这么说 |
[20:06] | Well, that’s it. Ta-da! | 就是这样,我是来解释清楚的 |
[20:08] | I just wanted to explain myself so that… | 这样我就不会成为 |
[20:12] | I didn’t become known eternally as that nut case you dated back in high school. | “你在高中时交往过的疯子” |
[20:16] | How about ”my high-school boyfriend who was the best kisser ever”? | “我的高中男友 最棒的接吻高手”如何? |
[20:20] | I could live with that. | 可以接受,你也很不错 |
[20:22] | You’re not bad yourself, either, you know. | |
[20:25] | That night we went all the way. And we weren’t the only ones. | 当晚,我们的关系更进一步 而我们也不是唯一的一对 |
[20:40] | The next afternoon, my other crazy boyfriend stopped by. | 第二天下午 我的另一位疯狂男友造访 |
[20:44] | It’s true. Marcus was a gay escort. | 是真的,马可斯做过同志伴游 |
[20:48] | -But he’s been off the market since 1992. -So you talked about it? | 但他1992年以后就洗手不干了 -你们谈过了 |
[20:51] | Yes, and he says he did it just to put himself through dance classes. | -对 他说那是为了支付 舞蹈课的学费 |
[20:56] | -But if that’s true, then why keep it a secret? -Maybe he was embarrassed. | 既然如此为何不早说? -或许他羞于启齿 |
[21:01] | Yes, but it’s not the escort thing… | -对 问题不是出在伴游 |
[21:04] | but the secret thing that’s bothering me. I was the last to know. | 而是他的刻意隐瞒让我不舒服 我最后一个知情 |
[21:08] | I don’t want to hear the truth from some bitchy queen with back issues of Honcho. | 我不想从一个低俗皇后的 过期杂志中得知此事 |
[21:13] | So… | 因此,我们分手了 |
[21:16] | we broke up. | |
[21:17] | -Stanny, really? -Yes. | -史丹佛,真的吗 |
[21:21] | And right before the prom. | -对 就在舞会前夕 |
[21:24] | And I still have to go, because I’m on the decorations committee. | 但我还是要去 因为我是工作人员之一 |
[21:27] | And I have no date. Again. | 我这次又没有舞伴了 |
[21:30] | -When is it? -Tomorrow night. | -舞会是什么时候 -明天晚上 |
[21:33] | Will you please go with me? | 你能不能跟我一起去 |
[21:35] | I can’t. I have to visit my boyfriend at the asylum. | 我要去疗养院探视我的男友 |
[21:38] | of course you do. | -你当然要去 -他想让我看看那个地方 |
[21:40] | He wants me to see the place for myself. It’s supposed to be like Canyon Ranch. | 就像是个 峡谷农场健康度假中心 |
[21:44] | -Honey. -I know. | -亲爱的… |
[21:47] | -But I like him. -You’d have to. | -我知道,但我喜欢他 -你一定是 |
[21:49] | Who are we to say, he’s got issues, he’s getting help? | -还能说什么 |
[21:52] | Usually, that’s considered a good thing. It’s New York. Everybody’s insane. | 他正接受协助,那是件好事 何况在纽约,大家都是疯子 |
[21:57] | -You slept with him, didn’t you? -Yes. | -你还没和他上床吧 |
[22:00] | That’s where the problems begin. | -我有 那就是问题的开始 |
[22:03] | You sleep with someone, you start rationalizing away all the red flags. | 只要你一跟他上床 所有的警讯就被抛在一边 |
[22:07] | At least he was honest about it. | -至少他坦诚这件事 |
[22:09] | Yes, unlike Paul. | -没错,不像保罗 |
[22:26] | Apparently, the Juno-Spears Center was harder than the Soho House to get into. | 朱诺史毕尔中心 比索霍屋更难进去 |
[22:31] | or out of. | 或出来 (布雷萧) |
[22:40] | Even as a visitor, I could see how this was a very relaxing place to get away to. | 即使只是访客也可以看出 这里是个避静的好地方 |
[22:46] | It’s kind of nice, huh? | 这里很不错 |
[22:48] | There are great hiking trails all around here. | 到处都有健行步道 |
[22:51] | -Maybe later we can do a hike. -I don’t really hike. | -或许待会我们可以试试 -我不太健行 |
[22:55] | Neither do I. But I will fill you in on something I discovered. | 我也一样 但我会告诉你我的发现 |
[22:59] | Hiking is walking. | -健行其实就是散步 |
[23:03] | -Really? -Yes, hiking is walking. | -真的? |
[23:04] | I started to think maybe the Juno-Spears Center… | 我开始在想 |
[23:08] | should be mandatory for New Yorkers. | 应该强制纽约客到这地方来 |
[23:10] | Like the Hamptons or Fire island. | 就像汉普顿或火烧岛 |
[23:12] | Feces! | 大便… -抓住他 |
[23:24] | I guess that doesn’t happen very often at Canyon Ranch. | -大便 我猜峡谷农场 应该不太会发生那种事 |
[23:28] | I’ve never been. It might. | 我没去过,说不定有 |
[23:31] | Who am I kidding? This is a full-on psychiatric facility. | 我还想骗谁 这里是住满精神病人的收容所 |
[23:34] | With pilates. | 但有彼拉特斯运动 |
[23:38] | -You’re definitely the sanest person here. -Thank you. | 你是这里最清醒的人 |
[23:41] | That’s like being the best house on a bad block. | 就像是贫民区里的高级住宅 |
[23:44] | People would advise you against buying it. | 但别人还是会劝你不要买 |
[23:47] | Maybe it wasn’t the wisest thing to start something while I was still in here. | 也许当我还在这里的时候 我们之间不该重新开始 |
[23:54] | Maybe when I get out… | 也许过个八到十个月 |
[23:56] | in eight to ten months…. | 等我出去以后… |
[23:59] | Eight to ten months? | 八到十个月? |
[24:02] | My doctor still thinks I have a lot of work to do. | 我的医生认为我还有待努力 |
[24:06] | To be honest with you, I’m comfortable here. I kind of like it. | 老实说,我喜欢这里 觉得很自在 |
[24:09] | I like that everybody’s craziness is out in the open. | 我喜欢大家都将疯狂表露在外 |
[24:20] | -I loved seeing you. -I loved seeing you again. | -我不介意和你约会 -我也喜欢再和你约会 |
[24:26] | But I understand. | 但我了解 |
[24:28] | We’re just in very different places right now. | 我们现在的处境不同 |
[24:32] | Ironically, it was the sanest breakup I ever had. | 讽刺的是 这是我最理智的一次分手 |
[24:39] | And now, the Queen and Queen of our prom… | 现在 让我们欢迎舞会中的两位女王 |
[24:44] | Carrie Bradshaw and Stanford Blatch. | 凯莉布雷萧和史丹佛巴勒奇 |
[24:53] | -oh, my God! I love this song. -Me, too. | -老天,我好爱这首歌 -我也是 |
[24:58] | Thank you very much. | -谢谢你 -谢谢 |
[25:12] | This is my best prom ever. Thank you for coming. | 这是我最好的一次舞会 谢谢你陪我来 |
[25:17] | Believe me, I’m glad to be back with the normal people. | 相信我 我很高兴能回来和正常人一起 |
[25:21] | You know the craziest thing of all? | 你知道最疯狂的是什么吗 |
[25:24] | I somehow thought that after everything I’ve been through… | 我甚至曾想过 在经历了这么多事之后 |
[25:28] | I might end up with my high-school boyfriend. | 我最后可能会 回头和我的高中男友在一起 |
[25:33] | I don’t think my story’s going to get tied up like that. | 我不认为 我的故事会有这种结局 |
[25:36] | -Your boyfriend might get tied up. -And taken away. | -他可能会被绑住 -并被带走 |
[25:40] | okay, no more jokes. I might be dating him in eight to ten months. | 别开玩笑了,说不定 八至十个月后我还会跟他约会 |
[25:47] | May I cut in? | 我能不能加入 |
[25:49] | No, thank you. I already have an escort. | 不行,我已经有伴了 |
[25:55] | Honey, I didn’t tell you because it’s part of my past. | 我没有告诉你是因为 那已经过去了 |
[25:58] | It’s not who I am anymore. | 和现在我的毫无关系 |
[26:01] | I was really messed up back then, but I’ve got it together now. | 当时的我真的很乱 但现在的我已经不同 |
[26:06] | And it’s prom night. We have to have a dance. | 今天是舞会之夜 我们一定要跳支舞 |
[26:13] | Why don’t I get some punch? | 我想去喝点东西 |
[26:23] | Just tell me one thing. | 我只想知道一件事 |
[26:25] | Did you ever, ever sleep with that little bitchy pine nut, Anthony? | 你是不是曾和 安东尼那个小贱人上过床 |
[26:31] | No. God, no. | 当然没有 |
[26:58] | So, maybe it won’t look the way you thought it would look in high school. | 也许这和 你在高中时的想法有些出入 |
[27:02] | But it’s good to remember love is possible. | 但爱情是有可能降临的 |
[27:07] | Anything is possible. This is New York. | 毕竟这里是纽约 什么事都有可能发生 |