时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | I’d been dating the Russian for two months… | 我和俄国佬已交往两个月了 |
[00:49] | when we hit a relationship benchmark so rare… | 如此甜蜜美好… |
[00:52] | I didn’t even know it existed. | 以至于没发现到 |
[00:55] | He gave me his alarm code. | 我们的关系已迈入另一阶段了 |
[00:58] | And I had keys made. | 他告诉我家里的警报器密码 我帮你打了把钥匙 |
[01:05] | You made me a set of keys? | 你帮我打了串钥匙? |
[01:07] | I had my assistant go to a locksmith… | 我叫助理去找锁匠…打钥匙 |
[01:09] | but, yes, keys were made. | |
[01:12] | okay, what’s the code? | 好,密码几号? |
[01:16] | It’s four… | 四 |
[01:19] | seven… | 七 |
[01:22] | three… | 三 |
[01:27] | five? | 五 |
[01:30] | I will write it down for you. | 我帮你写下来 |
[01:32] | It was a kind of security I’d never experienced… | 在这段恋情中 |
[01:35] | in a relationship. | 我得到了从未体验过的安全感 |
[01:38] | His alarm code. Like it was nothing. | 警报器密码 他却好像不当一回事 |
[01:42] | -Do you really want to hear about this now? -Yes, I need the distraction. | -你现在想听吗? -我得分散注意力 |
[01:45] | Samantha was feeling less secure… | 在等乳房肿瘤切除报告出炉时 |
[01:47] | as we waited for the results of her lumpectomy. | 莎曼珊觉得很没安全感 |
[01:50] | It’s going to be fine, sweetie. They got it out, it’s going to be fine. | 会没事的 切除后,应该就没事了 |
[01:55] | I know. | 我知道…佩特洛夫斯基? |
[01:57] | So, Petrovsky…. | 好,好像没什么一样 |
[02:00] | It was just so easy. Big made me beg for a key in front of his doorman… | 我苦苦哀求大人物才给我钥匙 |
[02:04] | whereas the Russian… | 而俄国佬却敞开大门 |
[02:06] | has just welcomed me into his life and apartment. | 欢迎我进入他的生活 |
[02:09] | Did I mention the extra robe in the bathroom? | 我提过他在浴室 帮我放了件外袍吗? |
[02:13] | -Is it as nice as this one? -Even nicer, if you can believe it. | -和这件一样美吗? -美多了 |
[02:20] | -Hello, I’m Dr. Pinkner. -How do you do? | -两位好,我是平克纳医生 |
[02:23] | -Her friend, Carrie. -Hello, Doctor. | -你好,她朋友凯莉 |
[02:25] | Samantha, I have good news. | -医生你好 |
[02:27] | The lumpectomy went very well, all your scans look clean… | -好消息,手术很成功 |
[02:30] | and I’d classify you as stage one. | 扫描结果正常 我认为应该是第一期 |
[02:32] | -And one is– -The best, right? | -第一期… -最好的结果,对吧? |
[02:35] | one is pretty much the best. | -对,很好 |
[02:41] | You’re healing nicely. | -太好了 |
[02:42] | Because of the nature of your tumor… | -好冰 -你复元情况很好 |
[02:45] | I would still recommend a course of chemo. | 因为肿瘤的特性 我还是建议你接受化疗 |
[02:47] | -I still have to have– -Chemotherapy. As a precaution. | -我还是得接受… -化学疗法,以防万一 |
[02:51] | I don’t understand how this happened to me. | 我不懂,我怎么会长肿瘤? |
[02:55] | It could be genetics. Since there’s no breast cancer in your family… | 可能是基因遗传 但你家族亲人都没有癌症病史 |
[02:59] | it could be a variety of factors: diet, lifestyle choices…. | 所以可能是其他因素 饮食、生活方式的选择… |
[03:02] | Lifestyle choices? | 生活方式的选择? |
[03:04] | Some studies have shown women who haven’t had children… | 研究报告显示未生育的女性 |
[03:06] | have an increased chance of getting it. | 得到乳癌的机率相对升高 |
[03:09] | I see. | 我懂了,所以是我自找的? |
[03:10] | So I brought this on myself. | |
[03:12] | -I’m just giving you the basic– -I think we’re done here. | -不是,我只是… -检查完了 |
[03:16] | Maybe I wasn’t clear– | -也许我没解释清楚 |
[03:17] | Give me my chart. I’m going to find a woman doctor… | -病历表给我 |
[03:20] | some hot woman doctor who understands what this is all about. | 我要去找大牌女医生 她也许比较懂 |
[03:24] | -I meant statistically– -You’re lucky to have touched my breasts. | 我只是说根据统计… 你能摸我胸部,算你走运 |
[03:29] | Carrie, my purse. | 凯莉,皮包拿着 |
[03:33] | It was hard to be huffy in a cloth robe, but Samantha pulled it off. | 穿着外袍时不容生气 但莎曼珊已不管太多了 |
[03:37] | All right then, good to meet you. | 再见,很高兴见到你 |
[03:41] | Like it’s my fault. I shouldn’t be punished for not having kids. | 说得好像是我不对 |
[03:44] | I should be rewarded. | 没生小孩该受奖赏,不是处罚 |
[03:46] | Since when did kids become the get-out-of-cancer-free card? | 什么时候生小孩 成了免得癌症的方法? |
[03:49] | He’s basically saying I’m a whore who deserves chemo. | 他好像说我人尽可夫 所以该受化疗这种罪 |
[03:52] | I don’t think that’s what he was saying. | -我想他不是这么说 |
[03:54] | What I don’t understand is, if they got it all… why do you need chemo? | -既然都切除了,干嘛化疗? |
[03:58] | Because he’s an asshole. | -因为他是大混蛋 |
[04:00] | -There can be something microscopic– -Like his dick? | -有可能是极小的肿瘤 |
[04:02] | Do you have cancer or Tourette’s? | -就像他的小弟弟? -你是得了癌症还是妥瑞氏症 |
[04:04] | -I’m getting a new doctor. A woman. -I think you should. | -我要换个医生,女医生 -应该的 |
[04:07] | -I’ve heard great things about a Dr. Mc– -Andrew. I’m on it. | -我听很多人说过… -麦安竹医生,我知道 |
[04:11] | Top-rated oncologist by New York magazine four years running. | 纽约杂志评为最佳肿瘤学专家 |
[04:14] | I’m trying to get in. | 我正在想办法预约 |
[04:16] | I’m sorry. I got to get back to the office. | 抱歉,我得回办公室了 |
[04:18] | I’m taking a long weekend, so I can’t take a long lunch. | 有长周末,午餐就不能太混 |
[04:21] | You never take long weekends. | 你何时有过长周末? |
[04:23] | Steve wanted to go on a little trip… | 史蒂芬想去旅行 |
[04:25] | so we’re driving up to some mountain lodge tomorrow. | 明天我们要开车去山上小木屋 |
[04:28] | It’s supposed to be nice. | -应该还不错吧 |
[04:30] | Slow down there, missus. | -等等,太太 |
[04:32] | Is this ”Iittle trip” your honeymoon? | 这是你们的蜜月旅行吗? |
[04:36] | No, it’s just a…. | 不是,只是…随便啦 |
[04:39] | -Whatever. -And yet you just got married last week. | 但你上星期刚结婚 |
[04:43] | That’s interesting. | 可有趣了 |
[04:44] | It’s your honeymoon. | -是蜜月旅行 |
[04:46] | Here we go. | -完了 |
[04:47] | -Who’s taking care of Brady? -We’re bringing him. | -谁来照顾布莱迪? -他一起去 |
[04:50] | It’s not a real honeymoon if Brady’s there. | -那就不算是蜜月旅行了 |
[04:52] | Then it’s a ”whatever.” | -不是就算了 |
[04:54] | What have you got against honeymoons? It’s basically sex with room service. | 那干嘛去度蜜月? 蜜月就是嘿咻外加客房服务 |
[04:57] | You have to have a real honeymoon. | 你得有个真正的蜜月旅行 |
[05:00] | -It’s very important. -To whom? | -这很重要 -对谁很重要? |
[05:02] | I’m with Star of David on this one. Leave Brady with Magda. | 这次我站在她这边 布莱迪交给梅格照顾 |
[05:06] | It’s four days, I’ve already given her the time off. | 我们要去四天 |
[05:09] | She’s made plans. She’s going to nannypalooza or something. | 我已经让她休假了 她计划好了 |
[05:13] | I’ll take him. I’d love to take him. He’s adorable. | 好像要去参加奶妈天堂乐园… |
[05:16] | It’s four days. Adorable stops after a day and a half. | -我可以带他,他好可爱 -总共四天 |
[05:19] | I could take care of him part of the time. | -没多久你就受不了了 |
[05:22] | I’m his godmother, it’s the least I can do. | -我可以和她轮 什么表情?我是他的教母 |
[05:24] | I can handle him for a couple of days. | 几天而已,我可以应付得来 |
[05:27] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[05:30] | You guys would really do that? | -你们真的愿意吗? |
[05:31] | -Absolutely. -With pleasure. | -非常乐意 |
[05:33] | I wouldn’t. | 我不行,因为史密斯要回来了 |
[05:35] | Because Smith is coming back into town… | |
[05:37] | and I’ve always chosen sex over babies. | 我一向觉得性爱比小孩重要 |
[05:39] | And that’s apparently why I got cancer. | 所以我才会得癌症 |
[05:43] | The next day, I tried on two labels.: | 隔天 我试穿新装也试演新角色 |
[05:46] | Classic Vuitton and New Mommy. | 路易威登新装和新妈咪 |
[05:58] | We’re going to go in the carriage and we’re going to see the– | 你看 要坐婴儿车了… |
[06:01] | My phone’s ringing. | 手机响了,坐好… |
[06:03] | Stay here, hold on. | -好,你好 |
[06:07] | -Yeah, hello? -How’s it going? | -情况如何? |
[06:10] | I was just mistaken for a mother by a mother. | 刚才有个妈妈 以为我就是真正的妈妈 |
[06:13] | So he’s okay? | -布莱迪好吗? |
[06:15] | Yes, Brady and I are having a lovely time. | -我们处得好极了 |
[06:18] | We are going to spend the afternoon at the Hotel Petrovsky. | 今天下午 我们要去佩特洛夫斯基的豪宅 |
[06:21] | Is he a baby person? | -他喜欢小孩吗? |
[06:23] | When I told him I had Brady for the day, he said to bring him over. | -他叫我带布莱迪过去 |
[06:26] | But is it safe? Are there stairs? What about sharp edges? | 这样安全吗? 那里有楼梯或尖角吗? |
[06:30] | It’s a deathtrap. We’re gonna strap a pillow around the kid… | 那里可是危险场所 |
[06:33] | and hope for the best. | 我会在他身上绑枕头以防万一 |
[06:35] | And further downtown, Samantha was in hot pursuit… | 随后在市中心,莎曼珊则对 |
[06:38] | of the hot woman doctor. | 这位大牌女医生紧追不舍 |
[06:40] | Hi. I’m Samantha Jones. | 你好,我是莎曼珊琼斯 |
[06:43] | We’ve spoken on the phone several times. | 我们讲过几次电话 |
[06:47] | -Please stay behind the partition. -Sorry. | -请别靠在柜台上 -抱歉 |
[06:49] | I know that you said Dr. McAndrew was booked… | 你说麦安竹医生约满了 |
[06:52] | but I was referred here by Dr. Ward and Dr. Popham… | 但这是瓦德医生 和波本医生推荐我来的 |
[06:56] | who both attended the Paint for the Cure benefit I threw. | 他们参加了我主办的 “为医疗而画”的慈善会 |
[06:59] | I’m sorry, the doctor is booked through March. | 对不起,三月前都约满了 |
[07:01] | My good friend Susan Schaffer, who threw the Dance for the Cure benefit… | “为医疗而舞”慈善会的主席 也是我朋友苏珊 |
[07:05] | said that sometimes Dr. McAndrew can squeeze you in… | 她说如果人到现场 |
[07:08] | -if you just show up. -March. | 也许医生能排出时间看诊 |
[07:10] | Who do you have to fuck to get chemo around here? | -要到三月(又指:滚开) -你会搞上得化疗的人… |
[07:12] | -Excuse me? -I’m sorry, I’m upset. | -你说什么? -抱歉,我心情不好 |
[07:15] | I’m dealing with cancer. | -我正在对抗癌症 |
[07:17] | All of New York is dealing with cancer… | -全纽约的人也都在对抗癌症 |
[07:19] | not to mention some very pushy people in Los Angeles and Miami. | 更别提洛杉矶和迈阿密 那些莽撞粗鲁的人 |
[07:23] | Fine, I’ll just take a seat and hope for an opening. | 好吧,我去坐着等 希望医生有空档 |
[07:27] | -The doctor has no openings till March. -You already said that. | -医生三月前都没有空档 -你刚说过了 |
[07:38] | I’ve been here since 9:00 a.m… | 我从早上九点就来排了 |
[07:40] | so if anyone’s going to get in without an appointment, it’s me. | 如果有空档,我是第一顺位 |
[07:44] | Loud and clear. Don’t you worry about me, I’ll get in. | 我听得一清二楚 别担心,我会看到诊 |
[07:47] | I’ve been waiting for two days, and so far no one has gotten in yet. | 我已经排两天了 |
[07:51] | I was once told I wouldn’t be able to get backstage to see Mick Jagger. | 现场还没有人看到诊 以前有人告诉我 |
[07:55] | Well, I did get backstage. And I blew him. | 我不能去后台见米克杰格 但我见到了,还帮他口交 |
[08:04] | Excuse me… | 对不起,我不知道 |
[08:06] | I don’t know if this is an appropriate question to ask. | 这个问题可不可以问… |
[08:08] | I think we passed appropriate a few second ago. | 经过刚才那番话 没什么不能问的 |
[08:12] | What kind of cancer do you have? | -你得了什么癌症? |
[08:14] | -Breast. -Me, too. | -乳癌 我也是,我有点好奇 |
[08:17] | -I’m curious. Do you have children? -I’m a nun. | 你有小孩吗? -我没… |
[08:20] | -You have none? -No, I am a nun. | -没有小孩 不是,我是修女 |
[08:24] | But that doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy your Mick Jagger story. | 但那不表示我不喜欢听 刚才那段米克杰格的轶事 |
[08:28] | -I thought that nuns had to wear– -I haven’t worn a habit in years. | -我以为修女都要穿… -我好久没穿修女服了 |
[08:31] | So then… | -所以…你没有性生活? |
[08:33] | you don’t have sex. | -没有 |
[08:36] | -No. -Never had sex. | -从来没有? |
[08:39] | No. | -没有 |
[08:44] | -Just one more. -Go right ahead. | -我想再问一下 -请说 |
[08:47] | Are you allowed to masturbate? | -你们可以手淫吗? |
[08:49] | I never asked. | -我没想过 |
[08:52] | But thanks for getting my mind off cancer for the first time in a week. | 不过还是谢谢你 一周来我头一次忘掉癌症的事 |
[08:56] | Happy to help. | 很高兴能帮上忙 |
[08:58] | Samantha felt a little better knowing that saints and sinners… | 莎曼珊心情好多了 |
[09:01] | despite their habits, get the same treatment when it comes to cancer. | 她知道不论圣人或罪人 |
[09:06] | And so far… | 都同样会罹患癌症 |
[09:07] | that was no treatment at all. | 而目前为止,还是看不到诊 |
[09:09] | We’re here. | 好,到了 |
[09:11] | Come on in, Brady, I’ll get you the candy. | 布莱迪,快进来 |
[09:15] | The alarm. | 警报器 |
[09:23] | oh, my gosh, okay. | 天啊,小心玻璃 我的老天,好 |
[09:26] | Four, seven, what? | 四、七… |
[09:29] | Welcome. | -欢迎 |
[09:30] | Hi. | -你好 |
[09:36] | -Brady knocked the vase over. -That’s pathetic, blaming the baby. | -布莱迪把花瓶打翻了 |
[09:41] | My other plan was just to leave… | -真差劲,居然把错推给小孩 |
[09:44] | and pretend you’d been burgled. | 我刚才还想拔腿就跑 假装你家被歹徒闯入 |
[09:46] | Do you want the keys back right now? | -你要我把钥匙还你吗? |
[09:50] | Noise? Yes, the alarm. | -行行好 很吵,对,那是警报器 |
[09:54] | She’s clumsy, isn’t she? | 对,她很笨,对吧? 好可爱 |
[09:57] | Aleksandr holding a baby was the most disarming thing of all. | 亚力山大抱着婴儿的模样 是完全卸除心防的时候 |
[10:03] | And upstate in Honeymoon Central…. | 而在纽约州北部的蜜月爱巢里 |
[10:08] | That was really great. | 棒呆了 |
[10:13] | Now what? | 现在要干嘛? |
[10:15] | What do you mean? | 什么意思?放轻松 |
[10:16] | We relax. | |
[10:21] | Should we go for a walk or something? | 要出去走走吗? |
[10:23] | No, let’s just lay here, hang out. | 不要,赖在床上就好 |
[10:26] | -How often do we get to do that? -That’s true. | 这种机会可不常有 那倒是真的 |
[10:32] | Should we get dressed? | -起床穿衣服? |
[10:34] | I plan on being naked for the next four days. | -我打算这四天都要光溜溜的 |
[10:43] | I’m gonna unpack. | 我想解开行李 |
[10:46] | Knock yourself out. | 真有体力 |
[10:59] | There’s no TV or radio. | -没有电视、也没收音机 |
[11:01] | You okay with that, partner? | -别大惊小怪,老婆 |
[11:03] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[11:05] | But there is a CD player and a CD. | 但是有光碟播放机和光碟片 |
[11:18] | ”Sounds of Mohonk Mountain. ” | “摩和克山庄之音” |
[11:28] | Shit. | -该死 |
[11:29] | -What’s the matter? -I forgot my cell phone charger. | -怎么了? |
[11:32] | You won’t need your cell phone. It’s just you and me. | -我忘了拿手机充电器 -又用不着,只有你和我 |
[11:36] | As Miranda got a crash course in life as a twosome… | 当米兰达正参加如何适应 |
[11:40] | I got a glimpse of life as a threesome. | 双人行的短期训练班时 |
[11:44] | He’s good. This is your best work yet. | 我也在学着适应三人行的生活 他很厉害,这是你最棒的作品 |
[11:46] | The guy’s a genius. | 这小子是个天才 |
[11:48] | -Reminiscent of the early Basquiat. -You’re very good with him. | 让我想到涂鸦画家巴斯奎特 你对他很有办法 |
[11:52] | -You ever thought about having children? -I have one. | 你想过要有自己的小孩吗? 我有个小孩 |
[11:57] | Many years ago. | 多年前的事 |
[11:59] | No more children. | 事实上,我没办法再生小孩 |
[12:01] | Actually, I cannot, I’ve…. | 因为我… |
[12:06] | Yeah, closed the factory. | 我了解 |
[12:09] | How about you? You never wanted children? | 没办法生 你呢?你想要小孩吗? |
[12:14] | You know…. | 这个嘛… |
[12:17] | I’ve always thought that I might. | 我一直…觉得自己… |
[12:19] | I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. | 还没到那个阶段 |
[12:23] | When were you planning to do this? How old are you? | 那么你打算什么时候生? |
[12:27] | Thirty-eight? | 你多大?38岁? |
[12:29] | I felt like I was just shot with a .38. | 我顿时觉得自己好像被 “点三八”手枪射中了 |
[12:35] | The Russian doesn’t want to have kids. Had one a long time ago. He’s done. | 俄国佬不想要有小孩 他年轻时有小孩,也不能生了 |
[12:39] | Then do svidaniya, or however you say it. | 那就再见了 |
[12:42] | What? For you, maybe, but not for me. | 什么?也许你会选择分手 但我不会 |
[12:45] | -Don’t you want to have the option? -Yes. | -你不希望有选择的权利吗? -当然希望 |
[12:47] | But it is my experience that men like him don’t come along often. | 但根据我的经验 像他这样的男人不是随处可见 |
[12:51] | But we’re 38. These are the years. | 但我们都38岁了,岁月不饶人 |
[12:53] | Yes, I know, I’ve heard. I’m running out of time. | 我知道,能生育的时间不多了 |
[12:57] | -I don’t even have time to eat this cookie. -How is it? | 我连吃饼干的时间都没有 |
[13:00] | It’s so good I forgot to have children. | -好吃吗? -真好,能暂时忘了孩子的事 |
[13:05] | Maybe he’ll change his mind. | -也许他会改变心意 |
[13:07] | No, I don’t think so. | -不,他动了输精管切除手术 |
[13:09] | -He had a vasectomy. -Those are reversible. | 再动手术恢复就行了 |
[13:11] | Is he willing to have it reversed? | 他愿意吧? |
[13:14] | I can’t ask him that. | 这问题我怎么开口 |
[13:15] | -I don’t even know his birthday. -Too bad. | 我连他的生日都不知道 |
[13:18] | At our age you have to be able to talk about having children… | 我们这年纪,如果双方来真的 |
[13:21] | if you think it might get serious. | 小孩的事没什么不能谈的 |
[13:22] | That attitude… | 你是要我告诉他女人青春有限 |
[13:24] | that awareness on the part of a woman that time is ticking… | 我快没时间了… |
[13:27] | is very sexy to a man. | 那可真会让男人倒胃口 |
[13:29] | You can’t be scared to have those talks. | -但你不能避谈这些问题 |
[13:31] | Why not? | -为什么? |
[13:32] | It’s a perfectly scary conversation. I didn’t want to have it with myself. | 这种话题很吓人,我不想再谈 |
[13:36] | -What does that mean? -It means… | -什么意思? |
[13:38] | if I really wanted to have a baby, wouldn’t I have tried to have one by now? | -如果我要小孩,早就去试了 |
[13:42] | I wanted to be a writer, I made myself a writer. | 我想当作家,也成了作家 |
[13:45] | I want a ridiculously extravagant pair of shoes… | 我想要一双超怪的鞋子 |
[13:49] | I find a way to buy them. | 就会想办法去买 |
[13:50] | But this is totally different. | 那不一样,你只是一直在等待 |
[13:52] | You have been waiting for the right man and the right time. | 对的时机遇到对的人 |
[13:55] | That’s exactly the way it goes in my head, too. | 对,我心里也这么想 |
[14:01] | Maybe I’m just not a baby person. | 不对,也许我不适合生儿育女 |
[14:03] | Why should you give up having a baby for a man you hardly know? | 你干嘛为了个认识不深的男人 放弃生儿育女的机会? |
[14:06] | Why should I give up a man for a baby I hardly know I want? | 我连自己都不确定要不要小孩 |
[14:10] | I think you’re a baby person. | 就放弃那个男人? 我觉得你很适合生儿育女 |
[14:12] | -You’re a closeted baby person. -What? | 只是自己没发觉而已 |
[14:16] | You didn’t want to leave Brady with me for two days. | 什么?两天来你都不放心 把布莱迪交给我 |
[14:19] | Look at how well you did. | -看你带得多好 |
[14:21] | Hi. | -布莱迪 |
[14:23] | I think you should definitely have a baby. | 我觉得你真的该生个小孩 |
[14:26] | okay. | 好吧 |
[14:29] | So what did he have, a boy or a girl? | 他的孩子是男生还是女生? |
[14:33] | I forgot to ask. | 我忘了问,看吧? |
[14:35] | See, a baby person would’ve asked. | 这表示我并不是天生的父母 |
[14:39] | All right. I should get home and do some work. | 好了,我得回家做事了 |
[14:42] | Why don’t you keep Brady a little while longer? Till dinnertime at least. | 再多和布莱迪玩一下 |
[14:46] | You think I’ll decide if I’m a baby person in the next couple of hours? | 至少等到晚餐时间吧 到时再决定 |
[14:50] | You still have a couple years. | 我适不适合生儿育女? 你还有好几年的时间 |
[15:05] | I’m starting to prune. | 我快变梅干菜了 |
[15:07] | You know what would be romantic? | 你知道什么是浪漫? |
[15:11] | We have a fire, a bubble bath… champagne. | 烛光、泡沫浴、香槟 |
[15:17] | What would be romantic? | 还有呢? |
[15:20] | I want to wash your hair. | -我想帮你洗头 |
[15:23] | I washed it already. | -我已经洗了 |
[15:24] | I know, but I want to wash it for you. Like in… | 我知道,但我想帮你洗 |
[15:28] | out of Africa. | 就像“远离非洲”中的场景 |
[15:39] | Hold the soap. | 肥皂拿着 好 |
[15:52] | What could be better than that? | 超浪漫的吧 |
[15:56] | Hurt, soap in my eye! | -好刺,肥皂流进眼睛里 -好 |
[16:03] | Hello? | -你好 |
[16:04] | I’m having an anxiety attack. | -我得了焦虑症 |
[16:06] | Brady is fine. | -布莱迪很好 |
[16:08] | Good, but that’s not why I’m calling. | -很好,但我打来不是说这个 |
[16:10] | I’m in the woods in my negligee, and my cell phone only has two bars left. | 现在我穿着便服站在林里 |
[16:13] | -Help. -Are you lost? | 而手机电源只剩两格,救命 |
[16:15] | Completely. | -你迷路了? -分不清东西南北 |
[16:16] | This whole place, this trip, is screaming: | 这个鬼地方一直有个声音说… |
[16:18] | ”You should have sex with your husband again.” | “赶快再来炒饭” |
[16:20] | The fire, the tub. We’ve already done it twice today. | 炉光、泡沫浴… 今天我们已经炒两次饭了 |
[16:23] | It’s like sex is the only thing on the itinerary. | 我看旅行日记里 只有一件事可记录…嘿咻 |
[16:26] | So you two are getting along. | -看来你们很甜蜜 |
[16:29] | of course, it’s our honeymoon. | -那还用说,这是蜜月 |
[16:30] | -Where’s he? -in bed. | -他人呢? |
[16:32] | He thinks I’m getting ice. | -他在床上,我去拿冰块 |
[16:34] | Then don’t forget the ice. | 那就别忘了 |
[16:36] | Last night Steve and I held hands for an hour and a half, watching… | 昨晚我们一小时半 |
[16:40] | the fire. | 都手紧握着手看着…炉火 |
[16:42] | He was looking into my eyes. | 他凝视着我的双眼 |
[16:44] | I was looking for the remote. | 而我的双眼却到处找遥控器 |
[16:48] | It feels good to be sarcastic. | 能讽刺人真好 |
[16:50] | You can’t be sarcastic on your honeymoon. | 但在蜜月时不可以 |
[16:53] | You should talk to Steve. | -你该和史蒂夫谈谈 |
[16:55] | I can’t talk to Steve, he’s on his honeymoon. | -不行,他正沈浸在其中 |
[16:57] | How’s Brady? I miss him. | -布莱迪好吗?我好想他 |
[16:59] | He’s great. We’re great. | -他很好,我们都很好 |
[17:02] | So, this whole motherhood thing, all it’s cracked up to be? | 为人母是不是都这样 担心东担心西的? |
[17:08] | There’s something in the bushes. | 树丛里好像有东西 |
[17:10] | I hope it’s a wild animal… | 我希望是野生动物 |
[17:12] | and not Steve coming to have sex with me again. | 而不是史蒂夫跑来叫我嘿咻 |
[17:16] | I should be able to do this, Carrie. | 我应该做得到的 |
[17:19] | This should be the most romantic time of my life. | 这应该是我这辈子 最浪漫的回忆 |
[17:26] | Raccoon. | 浣熊 |
[17:27] | After Miranda used the ”S” word twice… | 米兰达连讲了两次“应该”后 (又指:性爱) |
[17:30] | I wondered if should was another disease plaguing women. | 我不禁在想“应该”这两个字 可能已成为女性间的传染病 |
[17:33] | Did we want babies and perfect honeymoons… | 是我们自己要生小孩 要有个完美蜜月吗? |
[17:36] | or did we think we should have babies and perfect honeymoons? | 还是我们觉得应该要生小孩 |
[17:40] | How do we separate what we could do from what we should do? | 应该要有个完美蜜月? 要如何区分我们要做的事 |
[17:45] | And here’s an alarming thought.: | 或是我们应该做的事? 有个惊人的发现… |
[17:46] | It’s not just peer pressure, it seems to be coming from within. | 这不只是来自同侪压力 |
[17:52] | Why are we should-ing all over ourselves? | 也来自自己本身 |
[17:57] | Then there are the shoulds of promoting a film… | 为何我们应该做这些事呢? 随后在影片宣传会上 |
[17:59] | which Samantha should have been in favor of, but she wasn’t in the mood. | 有件莎曼珊应该一向 很爱做的事,她却没兴致 |
[18:03] | You should stay at the party. Harvey Weinstein is here. | 你应该留下来 大制片家哈维韦恩斯坦也在 |
[18:06] | I did enough parties in L.A. I’d rather go home with my girl. | 洛杉矶的派对够多了 我宁可回家和你厮磨 |
[18:10] | Smith, right here! | -史密斯,看这里 -看这里 |
[18:14] | I don’t feel like having my photograph taken tonight. | 今晚我不太适合拍照 |
[18:17] | I’m gonna go out first and we’ll talk tomorrow. | 我先走,明天我们再谈 |
[18:22] | What’s going on? We haven’t spent a night together since I’ve been back. | 我回来后,我们都没在一起过 |
[18:25] | -Did I do something? -No. | 我哪里做错了吗? |
[18:27] | -It’s not you. -Something’s up. | 没有,不是你的关系 |
[18:30] | You were quiet all night. | 一定有事,你整晚话不多 |
[18:31] | You didn’t talk that much the last few times we had phone sex. | 连上次我们电话性爱时 你都没说几句话 |
[18:37] | When you were in L.A… | 你去洛杉矶时 |
[18:39] | they found a lump in my breast, and it’s cancer. Hey, Smith. | 我在胸部发现肿块,是癌症 |
[18:46] | The next day at the Hotel Vasectomy… | 隔天在他的豪宅里 |
[18:49] | I had some questions for the man next to me. | 我向他发问了 |
[18:52] | So this child you had…. | -你的小孩… |
[18:56] | -Yes. -How old is…. | -什么? -他几岁? |
[18:58] | -She. -She, yes. | -她 她,好吧 |
[19:01] | Her name is Chloe. | 她叫做克萝依,22岁 |
[19:03] | She is 22. | 她住在巴黎 |
[19:04] | She lives in Paris, and her mother lives there, too. | 她妈妈也住在那里 |
[19:11] | -You were married to her mother? -Yes. | 你们有结婚吗? |
[19:14] | It’s the only time I was married. | 有,我只结过那次婚 |
[19:16] | It lasted seven years, five of them good. | 持续了七年 前五年的婚姻生活很美好 |
[19:28] | This is my little thing at the age of four… | 这是我女儿四岁时的相片 |
[19:32] | in our little house in Santorini. | 就在圣托里尼的小房子里 |
[19:34] | -She’s beautiful. -Still is. | -她好美 -现在还是那么美 |
[19:37] | That’s her mother? | 旁边的是她妈妈?她很漂亮 |
[19:38] | She’s lovely. | |
[19:40] | And so young. | -又年轻 |
[19:42] | I was young then, too. | -那时的我也很年轻 |
[19:50] | Why only one child? | 为什么只生一个? |
[19:52] | I like my life the way I like it. | 我喜欢过自己喜欢的生活 |
[19:55] | I got really lucky with Chloe. Somehow it worked out. | 我很幸运,能拥有克萝依 有她这个女儿 |
[20:01] | Look, it’s her seventh birthday. | 看,这是她七岁生日时 |
[20:03] | Everything is purple. | 什么东西都是紫色的 |
[20:05] | Purple cake, purple dress, purple shoes. | 紫色蛋糕、衣服、鞋子 |
[20:08] | It was great. So funny. | 很棒,真有趣 |
[20:14] | There it was, wrapped up in a bow. | 就这样说完了 |
[20:17] | The whole life I am never gonna have with him… | 我不能和他共度生儿育女生活 |
[20:20] | because he had it already with somebody else. | 是因为他早和别人度过了 |
[20:22] | And I know I shouldn’t say this to someone with cancer… | 我知道这事不该对癌症患者说 |
[20:27] | but why me? | 但为什么是我? |
[20:28] | Let it rip. | 顺其自然 |
[20:30] | I guess it’s not going to happen. | 如果我和他在一起 |
[20:33] | That life, if I’m with him. | 也许就没办法生儿育女了 |
[20:35] | Then bye-bye, baby. What else is on the menu? | 那就算了 人生菜单里有这么多选择 |
[20:38] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[20:39] | There are a lot of fabulous things in life that don’t include a baby. | 没有小孩的生活 可以过得多姿多彩 |
[20:44] | What would that be like? | 比如说呢? |
[20:47] | Well. | 他 |
[20:48] | Him. | |
[20:50] | Sex and travel, comfort… | 性爱、旅行、安逸享受 |
[20:55] | Iove… | 爱…还有大胆冒险 |
[20:57] | and extraordinary adventures. | -还算不赖 |
[21:00] | Not too shabby. If that’s where this is going. | -如果我们打算过这种生活 |
[21:03] | At this point, I’ve only been invited in as far as… | 但目前我也只知道他家的密码 |
[21:06] | a security code and a robe. | 还有一件外袍而已 |
[21:08] | And the question that I need to ask… | 我很想问他一个问题 |
[21:10] | is just impossible to ask. | 却没办法问 |
[21:13] | What is that? | 什么问题? |
[21:16] | ”Will you love me enough… | 你对我的爱足够弥补 |
[21:18] | ”to make up for the fact that I didn’t have a baby?” | 我不生小孩的遗憾吗? |
[21:21] | -Honey, no. -Exactly, it’s only been two months. | -别问 -没错,只交往两个月 |
[21:26] | 38 years and two months. | -38岁又两个月了 |
[21:28] | No, no. | -千万别问… |
[21:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:32] | It’s too early in a relationship to have that conversation… | 我们现在的关系还不适合问 |
[21:36] | but it’s too late in my life not to. | 但现在不问 我的年龄可等不及了 |
[21:40] | It’s a catch-38. | 进退维谷的38岁 |
[21:44] | And after safely putting Brady to bed… | 安全将布莱迪 |
[21:46] | in his very sturdy crib… | 放进坚固的婴儿床后 |
[21:48] | Charlotte and Harry enjoyed some romance as well. | 夏绿蒂和哈利 也来点浪漫的性爱 天啊 |
[21:53] | oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[21:55] | oh, my God, stop! | -我的老天,快停 |
[21:57] | What happened? | -怎么了? |
[21:59] | Brady saw us having sex. I’ve scarred him for life. | 布莱迪看到我们做爱了 他会一辈子留下创伤 |
[22:02] | Him? You’ve scarred me for life. | 才不是他 |
[22:04] | Brady. | 是我会留下一辈子的创伤 布莱迪… |
[22:08] | Look away. | 转过去 |
[22:20] | Hello? | -你好 |
[22:21] | I have bad news. | -坏消息 |
[22:22] | Spit it out. Do I need to come home? | 快说,要我回去吗? |
[22:25] | Brady saw us having sex. | -布莱迪看到我们做爱了 |
[22:28] | -And…. -He was looking at me during…. | -然后呢? 他刚好看到… |
[22:31] | He doesn’t know what he’s looking at. | 他根本不知道那是什么 |
[22:33] | He doesn’t know where his nose is. | 也不知道那是什么叫声 |
[22:35] | Are you sure? | 真的? |
[22:37] | Harry, Brady can’t be anywhere near this conversation. | 哈利 别让布莱迪听到我讲电话 |
[22:40] | I think it may be too late. He just said, ”Sex is dirty.” | 来不及了 他刚说“羞羞脸,在嘿咻” |
[22:43] | That’s not funny. | 不好笑 |
[22:46] | Charlotte, he’s fine. | 夏绿蒂,他没事 |
[22:50] | But you sound tense. Maybe I should still come home. | 但是…你好像很紧张 我还是回去吧? |
[22:53] | No, I’m sorry to bother you. Go back to your honeymoon. | 不用,抱歉吵到你 快去度蜜月吧 |
[22:56] | I still have half a bar left– | 我的手机电源只剩半格…天啊 |
[22:58] | -No! -What? | 怎么了? |
[23:01] | Are you on the phone? | -该死 -你在讲电话? |
[23:04] | Charlotte panicked, but everything’s fine. | 夏绿蒂手忙脚乱 但一切没事了 |
[23:08] | Then come back to bed. | 回床上来 |
[23:10] | I don’t need to come to bed. I’m rested. | 我不想回床上,我休息够了 |
[23:13] | So am I, come on. | -我也是,来吧 |
[23:15] | Steve, I can’t have sex anymore. | -我不要再嘿咻了 |
[23:19] | -I have a brain. -I know you have a brain. | -我又不是禽兽 -我知道 |
[23:22] | I love you, but I can’t love you this often. | 我爱你,但我没办法整天爱你 |
[23:24] | I can’t love you twice a day every day. I’m going crazy here. | 一天爱两次,无时无刻 |
[23:28] | I miss ESPN and NPR and Dateline. | 我快被搞疯了,我好想ESPN 美国公共广播电台、日线节目 |
[23:31] | I am not the honeymoon type. | 我不是那种适合度蜜月的人 |
[23:34] | Do you hate me? | 你会恨我吗? |
[23:35] | No, I don’t hate you. | 哪会,我不会恨你 |
[23:39] | But it was my honeymoon, too. | 但这也是我的蜜月 |
[23:41] | I like being quiet sometimes. | 我喜欢偶而静一静,看个书 |
[23:43] | I like reading a book. | |
[23:44] | Four days is a long time. | 四天太长了 |
[23:47] | It isn’t actually, but it’s all I had off from work. | 老实说并不会 但这已是我最长的假期 |
[23:51] | Suddenly, Miranda understood the new should in her life. | 突然间米兰达领悟到 她的新生活中应该做的事 |
[23:55] | The things you should do for someone you love. | 就是你该为所爱的人做的事 |
[23:58] | I’m sorry, Steve, I’m an asshole. | 对不起,我是个混蛋 |
[24:01] | Yeah, you are, but you’re my asshole. | 没错,但你是我的小混蛋 |
[24:04] | That’s sweet and gross at the same time. | 甜蜜又粗野 |
[24:08] | Well, relax. | 放轻松,一大早我们就回家 |
[24:11] | We’re leaving in the morning. | |
[24:13] | The honeymoon’s over. | 蜜月结束了 |
[24:16] | Say that again. | 再说一次 |
[24:18] | The honeymoon’s over. | 蜜月结束了 |
[24:21] | For Miranda, once the honeymoon was over… | 对米兰达来说 |
[24:24] | it could finally begin. | 蜜月一结束,她的性致就来了 |
[24:25] | Hey, I got a brain, you know. | 拜托,我又不是禽兽 |
[24:35] | The next day, at Dr. McAndrew’s office… | 隔天在麦安竹医生的办公室里 |
[24:37] | impatient patients were getting desperate. | 没耐心的病患开始焦躁不安 |
[24:44] | God bless. | 愿主保佑你 |
[24:52] | Pulling out all the stops, huh? | 全副武装 |
[24:54] | What else was I gonna wear? | 不然怎么办?罩个大肿瘤? |
[24:56] | A big tumor? | 我已经第二天过来了 |
[25:06] | This is my second day at this… | 而我的好友 |
[25:09] | facacta office, and my good friend… | 也是浮华杂志的主编… |
[25:11] | the features editor at Vanity Fair– | 我说过几百遍了,我帮不上忙 |
[25:14] | Miss Jones, I’ve told you a thousand times, there’s nothing I can do. | (史密斯一脸震惊) |
[25:19] | oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[25:23] | You’re Smith Jerrod’s girlfriend? | 这…你是… |
[25:27] | Yes, I suppose I am. | 你是史密斯杰洛德的女友? 对,没错 |
[25:30] | It was the one name Samantha hadn’t dropped. | 这个名字 还在莎曼珊的花名册中 |
[25:33] | oh, my gosh, I love him. | 我的天,我好爱他 |
[25:37] | He’s my screen saver. | 他是我的荧幕保护程式 |
[25:42] | What’s he like? | -他的人如何? |
[25:43] | He’s a very loyal boyfriend. | -他不会搞劈腿 |
[25:47] | Always by my side. | 常会替我着想 |
[25:49] | He would probably come here with me if I had an appointment. | 他也许会陪我来 如果我能约到诊 |
[25:52] | Smith Jerrod, in this office? | 史密斯杰洛德会来这里? |
[25:55] | oh, my gosh. | 我的天,这样的话 |
[25:56] | Let’s see…. | 有时候我会约八点的诊 |
[25:59] | Sometimes I make an appointment at 8:00. She doesn’t like it, but she’ll do it. | -医生不喜欢这样,但会看诊 |
[26:03] | -I could come at 8:00. -And Smith? Does he get up that early? | -我八点可以来 |
[26:07] | For this, I think he would. | -这么早史密斯起得来吗? -为了我,他应该会 |
[26:09] | And… | 如果你也能帮她约时间 |
[26:11] | if you could get her an appointment… | 也许他会亲你一下 |
[26:14] | he might kiss you on the lips. | (又指:保密) |
[26:18] | You’re tomorrow at 8:00 am, she’s 7:45. | 你是明天早上8点 |
[26:22] | Thank you so much. | 她是7点45分 谢谢你 |
[26:24] | Smith turned out to be more than a screen saver. | 史密斯不只是荧幕保护程式 |
[26:26] | He was a lifesaver. | 而成了救世主 |
[26:28] | We’re in. | -我们预约到了 |
[26:30] | oh, my God. | -谢谢老天 |
[26:31] | No, oh, my boyfriend. | 不对,应该谢谢我男朋友 |
[26:33] | That is how Smith got Samantha in. | 史密斯不但让莎曼珊乐翻天 |
[26:36] | Plus nun. | 也造福了修女 |
[26:43] | -Are you cold? -I’m okay. | -会冷吗? -不会,还好 |
[26:47] | You’re very quiet today. | 你今天话不多 |
[26:51] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[26:55] | This vasectomy. | 输精管切除手术… |
[26:59] | It’s not reversible, is it? | -不能再复原,对吧? |
[27:02] | I guess, not for me. | -我不想 |
[27:06] | okay. | 好吧 |
[27:12] | And we are quiet again, eh? | 又不说话了? |
[27:18] | I know you may think… | 也许你会觉得我要说的话 |
[27:21] | it’s way too early to say what I’m about to say… | 现在说可能太早了 |
[27:26] | but it’s not. | 但并不早 |
[27:27] | To say what? | 什么话? |
[27:31] | I think that… | 我觉得… |
[27:35] | I could really be with you. | 我真的想和你在一起 |
[27:38] | And I just want to say that… | 我想说的是… |
[27:42] | if this is something… | 如果你心中有什么想法… |
[27:45] | you are thinking… I need to know, because… | 我得知道,因为… |
[27:52] | I’m 38, as you said…. | 你说过我都38岁了 所以… |
[28:01] | I’m 38. | 我38岁了 |
[28:03] | Thirty-eight is young. | -38岁还年轻 |
[28:05] | That depends who you’re talking to. | -那得看你说话的对象 |
[28:10] | So here we are, so soon. | 这么快… |
[28:14] | As you said… | 就像你刚说的,我… |
[28:18] | I could really be with you as well. | 我也愿意和你在一起 |
[28:21] | But believe me, I know who I am… | 但是相信我,我很了解自己 |
[28:24] | and I won’t change my mind. | 我不会改变心意 |
[28:27] | I’m simply too old for that. | 我这把年纪 不再适合生儿育女 |
[28:32] | Being a parent is an extraordinary thing. | 为人父母是件很棒的事 |
[28:35] | I wouldn’t want you to miss that, if it’s something you want. | 如果那是你想做的事 |
[28:39] | And you should have everything you want. | 我不希望你错过 你可以去做你想做的事 |
[28:49] | I am kind of cold. | -我有点冷 -过来 |
[29:02] | I didn’t know exactly what I wanted… | 我不知道自己到底要什么 |
[29:04] | but I felt like I was getting warmer. | 但我觉得温暖多了 |