时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:48] | When you’re dating someone new, everything can seem foreign… | 跟新对象约会时 一切看起来都是那么地新奇 |
[00:52] | especially when you’re dating someone foreign. | 何况我的交往对象是个外国人 |
[00:55] | My Russian had been taking me around the world. | 我的俄国情人带我环游世界 |
[00:59] | Greece in Astoria, ltaly in the Bronx. | 阿斯托利亚的希腊餐厅 布朗克斯的意大利菜 |
[01:03] | Tonight it was Korea, on West 32nd Street. | 今晚是西32街的韩国餐厅 |
[01:13] | -Wow. You look– -Why, thank you. | -你看起来… -谢谢 |
[01:17] | So where to tonight? | 今晚我们要去哪里? |
[01:20] | Very, very exotic place. | 一个非常新奇的地方 |
[01:24] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[01:26] | Well, just so you know, I’m fully vaccinated. | 我已打了预防针 |
[01:29] | -Good. -So should we get a cab? | -很好 -我们要搭计程车吗? |
[01:32] | I have not been to this mysterious place before… | 我从来没去过这个神秘的地方 |
[01:35] | but I believe we can walk. | 但我想走路应该就能到 |
[01:37] | I’m intrigued. Continue. | 我很好奇,继续说 |
[01:42] | Turn around, we are going to your place. | 转身,我们要到你家 |
[01:54] | Art, shmart. The man can cook. | 一个艺术家,还会做菜 |
[01:57] | I have never made a risotto in a frying pan before. | 我从来没有用平底锅 做过意大利烩饭 |
[02:01] | I’m sorry. I don’t use my kitchen. | 抱歉,我从来没用过我的厨房 |
[02:04] | And I don’t usually make my guests sit on the floor… | 我不常请客人坐在地上 |
[02:07] | next to my stack of Vogues, which I ordinarily hide… | 旁边放着“时尚”杂志 |
[02:11] | in the tub, for company. | 通常我会把它们藏在浴缸里 |
[02:13] | And the walls are– | 而且我家的墙面… |
[02:17] | I love your house. It’s so you. | 我喜欢你家 它非常有你的风格 |
[02:20] | -Small and artless? -No, warm and lovely. | -既小又没有艺术品味? -不,既温暖又可爱 |
[02:27] | -Are you okay? -My foot sleeps. | -你没事吧? -我的脚都麻了 |
[02:31] | -Well, now we’ll have espresso. -Great, where? | -我们来喝意大利浓缩咖啡 -太棒了,去哪里? |
[02:37] | I don’t have an espresso machine. | 我没有意大利浓缩咖啡机 |
[02:40] | And you call yourself a writer, yeah? | 你说你是个作家? |
[02:43] | I may have an old Mr. Coffee one-cup… | 我之前买的即溶咖啡还有剩 |
[02:47] | but don’t hold your breath. | 但你一定不会喜欢 |
[02:51] | oh, my God! | 我的天啊 |
[02:58] | okay, we go out. | 好吧,我们出去喝咖啡 |
[03:01] | okay. | 好吧 |
[03:05] | That mouse is dead. Wow. | 那只老鼠死了 |
[03:09] | It was a rodent. You don’t want this in your house. | 它是老鼠 |
[03:13] | Maybe he was just crossing through… | 你不会希望家里有那种东西 |
[03:15] | to get to the much nicer apartment next door. | 或许它是刚好经过 想到隔壁的漂亮公寓去 |
[03:18] | They call this denial. | 你在否认事实 |
[03:21] | Where there is one, there will be more. | 看到一只老鼠代表还有更多 |
[03:28] | Yeah, we’re going out. | 我们出去吧 |
[03:33] | At least it didn’t happen in a room I actually use, like my closet. | 至少它不在我常用的房间里 譬如我的衣物间 |
[03:37] | Good Humor me. | 太好笑了 |
[03:38] | The next morning, we were determined to use our good humors… | 隔天早上我们决定 |
[03:41] | to make Samantha’s chemo lounge as close as possible to a cocktail lounge. | 将莎曼珊的化疗疗程 变得跟鸡尾酒会一样 |
[03:47] | Look at Miranda working Mr. Grape there. | 快看米兰达啜冰棒的样子 |
[03:50] | Steve is one lucky guy. | -史蒂夫真幸运 -莎曼珊 |
[03:54] | Well, you guys are having a good time. | -你们玩得很开心 |
[03:56] | You bet, cancer is hilarious. | -没错,得癌症是件趣事 |
[03:58] | -Are all of you as fun as Samantha? -We try. | -你们都跟莎曼珊一样风趣? -我们努力那么做 |
[04:01] | I’m her favorite patient. | 我是她最喜欢的病人 |
[04:03] | -Any mouth sores, sweetie? -No. | -你嘴巴会痛吗? |
[04:05] | Great, just keep up the Popsicles. | -不会 继续吃冰棒 |
[04:07] | -Samantha, I have to say, you are amazing. -I am. | -莎曼珊,你太棒了 -没错 |
[04:10] | And if you love me in chemo, wait till you see me at Smith’s movie premiere. | 如果你喜欢我做化疗的样子 等着看我出席史密斯的首映会 |
[04:14] | I’m getting a hot dress, fantastic shoes… | 我会换上性感礼服跟漂亮鞋子 |
[04:17] | I’m going to kick cancer, and that red carpet’s ass. | 打败癌症,在红毯上大放光芒 |
[04:20] | Hear, hear. | -敬大家 -敬大家 |
[04:25] | It’s not at all what I expected. | 完全出乎我意想之外,那里有 |
[04:27] | They have these Barcaloungers and videos and Popsicles. | 苏丹式躺椅、录影带跟冰棒 |
[04:31] | You throw in shuffleboard, it would be a vacation in Miami. | 加上推盘游戏 |
[04:34] | Here they are. | 这里跟迈阿密假期差不多 就是这里 |
[04:36] | Later, the Russian took me somewhere else I’d never been before… | 稍晚他带我到一个 我从来没去过的地方 |
[04:39] | the kitchen supplies department. | 厨房用具部 |
[04:41] | -She doesn’t even look sick. -But she is sick, yes? | -她看起来不像生病了 -但她真的有病吧? |
[04:44] | Well, she was, but she’s gonna be fine. | 没错,但她会好起来的 |
[04:48] | I had a friend who had breast cancer. | 我有个朋友得了乳癌 |
[04:51] | She died. | 她过世了 |
[04:55] | I think this one is you. | 我想这个很适合你 |
[05:02] | From kitchen supplies to a kitchen surprise. | 我们在逛厨房用具部 |
[05:14] | Hi, Dr. Steiner. | 有人在厨房听到意外消息 你好,史坦纳医生 |
[05:20] | None of them? | 都没有吗? |
[05:23] | Sure, I understand. | 我当然了解 |
[05:26] | Thanks for calling on a Saturday. Bye. | 谢谢你在星期六打电话来 再见 |
[05:35] | -None of my eggs were viable. -oh, baby. | -我的卵子都没有着床 -宝贝 |
[05:39] | Again. | 又失败了 |
[05:44] | What do you want to do? | 你打算怎么办? |
[05:47] | -Try lVF again. -You sure? | -再试一次试管婴儿胚胎植入 |
[05:50] | -We’ve already tried it twice. -Yeah, I’m sure. | -你确定?我们试过两次 |
[05:54] | It’ll work. I mean, it has to. | 我很确定,一定会成功的 我是说我们非成功不可 |
[06:01] | -You okay? -Yeah. I’m gonna go for a run. | -你没事吧? -没事 我要去慢跑 |
[06:12] | In high school, Charlotte was voted most popular… | 高中时 夏绿蒂是最受欢迎的学生 |
[06:15] | head of the track team, and class president. | 田径队队长跟班代表 |
[06:17] | She had won everything… | 她事事如意 |
[06:21] | except the baby race. | 就是生不出孩子 |
[06:33] | Meanwhile, across town, a couple who had won the baby race… | 在纽约的另一端 一对夫妻为了孩子伤脑筋 |
[06:36] | had lost their bedroom to their baby. | 他们把卧室让给宝宝 |
[06:39] | Wait, we saw this one. | 等一下,我们看过这一间 |
[06:41] | ”Charming midtown two-bedroom.” | “在中区的迷人两房公寓” |
[06:44] | Why don’t they say what it really is? Crack house on an air shaft. | 为什么他们不说实话呢? 那是在通风井上的破房子 |
[06:48] | Scout, off! | 史考特,下去 |
[06:53] | Listen to this one, in our price range, ”Three-bedroom.” | -这在我们的预算内,三房 |
[06:57] | -I’m putting my shoes on. -”outdoor space.” | -我要去穿鞋子了 -有户外空间 |
[06:59] | -I’m getting my bag. -”Finished basement.” | -我要去拿皮包了 |
[07:02] | -It’s a house? -in Brooklyn. | -还附地下室 -是独栋的房子? |
[07:04] | okay, shoes are off. | -在布鲁克林 |
[07:05] | What did I tell you about that side of the paper? | -好吧,我去脱鞋子 -我说过报纸广告都是骗人的 |
[07:07] | What? It’s a good place. | -那个地方很不错 |
[07:09] | Steve, we’re not moving to Brooklyn. | 我们不搬到布鲁克林区 |
[07:11] | I’m a Manhattan girl. I don’t like anything not Manhattan. | 我只喜欢住在曼哈顿 |
[07:14] | I’m Queens, and I’m pretty cute. Let’s just look at it. | 我住在皇后区 但我是个好男人,去看看吧 |
[07:17] | Sleeping in the dining room isn’t so bad. We’re near the kitchen. | 睡在餐厅里还不错 我们离厨房很近 |
[07:23] | Did you let Fatty out of the laundry room? | 你让胖胖在洗衣间乱跑? |
[07:26] | We don’t even need this, we can hear Brady through the wall! | 我们不必要这东西 隔墙就能听到布莱迪的声音 |
[07:29] | Miranda, we can’t keep living like this. | 米兰达,我们不能再这样下去 |
[07:33] | Scout, down! | 史考特,下去 |
[07:38] | Fine. I’ll look at it. | 好吧,我会去看看 |
[07:47] | Wow. | -哇 |
[07:49] | -What? -That is some strong coffee. | -什么? 咖啡味好浓 |
[07:53] | -No wonder you work all night. -That’s the way I like it. | -难怪你会熬夜工作 -我喜欢喝这种咖啡 |
[07:56] | -I’m gonna need a little milk in this. -Then it’s not espresso. | -我得加点牛奶 -那就不是意大利浓缩咖啡了 |
[08:00] | Milk will ruin it. Keep sipping it. You’ll see. | 加牛奶会毁了它 继续喝,你会喜欢的 |
[08:15] | -I need to talk to you about something. -Yes? | -我得跟你谈一件事 |
[08:18] | You know, the other day, when I was talking about my friend? | -什么? |
[08:21] | -The one with cancer. -Her name is Samantha. | -当我谈到我的朋友… |
[08:25] | I just felt like… | -那个得癌症的女人 |
[08:27] | you weren’t being very sensitive about my feelings. | 她叫做莎曼珊 我觉得你太不体谅我的感觉 |
[08:30] | I mentioned her, and your first response… | 我提起她,你的第一个反应是 |
[08:34] | -was to tell me about your friend. -Who died, yeah. | 告诉我你朋友的事 |
[08:38] | Yes, see? Exactly. | -她死了 -你看吧 |
[08:43] | I’m sorry about your friend, but my friend is going to be fine. | 关于你朋友的事我很遗憾 但我朋友会好起来 |
[08:47] | And my friend died. | -我朋友死了 |
[08:49] | See? You’re doing it again. | -你又来了 |
[08:52] | -Not everyone dies. -Then they are lucky. | -不是每个人都会死 -那么他们很幸运 |
[08:57] | okay. | 好吧 |
[09:00] | Maybe I’m not being very clear. | 或许我说得不够清楚 |
[09:03] | No, you’re being clear. You don’t want your friend to die. | 不,你说得够清楚了 你不希望你朋友死掉 |
[09:07] | Please stop saying ”die.” | 请你不要再提“死”字 |
[09:10] | But to be realistic, you must acknowledge this possibility, yes? | 但你得现实一点 知道她的确有可能会死掉 |
[09:14] | No. | 不,她及早发现,她是第一期 |
[09:16] | They caught it early, it’s Stage one. She’s having the Cadillac of chemo. | 她正在做化学疗法 |
[09:20] | No, she is going to be fine. | 她会没事,你是吓不了我的 |
[09:22] | -And your scaring me isn’t helping. -All I am saying, when my friend died– | 我只是想说我朋友过世时… |
[09:27] | I don’t know why, but you are not listening to me. | -你为什么不听我说? |
[09:30] | You are not listening to me. | -你才没有听我说 |
[09:32] | Are you kidding? All I’ve said is, ”Please, don’t talk about your friend who died.” | 你在开玩笑吗?我是说 “请不要谈你过世的朋友” |
[09:36] | Her name was Sophie. | -她叫做苏菲 |
[09:38] | I’m leaving. | -我要走了 |
[09:40] | What are you talking about? We’re having espresso. | 但我们在喝意大利浓缩咖啡 |
[09:42] | No, we’re not having espresso. We are not listening. | 我们不必喝意大利浓缩咖啡了 我们根本沟通不良 |
[09:46] | Sit down, finish your coffee. It’s hot. | 坐下把咖啡喝完,很烫的 |
[09:54] | I’m leaving. | 我要走了 |
[09:57] | Excuse me. | 对不… |
[10:02] | You know, I asked you not to mention your friend… | 我要你别提你朋友的事 |
[10:04] | and now all I can think about is your friend. | 现在我满脑子只想到她 |
[10:07] | And my friend has nothing to do with your friend. | 我朋友跟你朋友无关 |
[10:10] | -I think you are acting like a child. -And I think you’re acting like an asshole. | -你太孩子气了 -你是个大混蛋 |
[10:15] | -Maybe you should go for now. -I’m already going! | -或许你该走了 -我已经要走了 |
[10:30] | It was my first fight with the Russian. | 那是我第一次跟俄国佬吵架 |
[10:32] | And I didn’t know if it was the strong espresso or the strong words… | 我不知道是意大利浓缩咖啡 或是吵架的关系 |
[10:37] | but either way, not even my feet slept that night. | 那晚我辗转难眠 |
[10:45] | My goodness, look at you and your little coat. | 天啊,看看你穿着外套的样子 |
[10:49] | -Did you go shopping? -Princess Dandyridge Brandywine, come! | 你去逛街了吗? |
[10:53] | I got her. | 丹蒂蕾吉白兰地公主,过来 我抱住它了 |
[10:55] | My goodness, so cute. | 天啊,好可爱 |
[11:01] | Thank you. | -谢谢 |
[11:03] | That’s a mighty big name for such a little dog. | -这只小狗的名字挺吓人的 |
[11:05] | -It’s her show name. -My gosh, I love dog shows. | -那是它表演时的名字 |
[11:09] | -Has she ever won? -This one? Two-time loser. | -我喜欢狗选美,它赢过吗? |
[11:12] | She doesn’t show anymore. | 这只狗吗?它输了两次 它已经不参加比赛了 |
[11:13] | She was bred from two champion Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. | 它是两只冠军 骑士查理王猎犬的后代 |
[11:18] | But when I tried to show her, it turns out she has a defect. | -结果它有缺陷 |
[11:21] | -No. -Yeah, one of her hind legs is too short. | -不 |
[11:24] | Such a shame, she had so much promise. | 它的一条腿太短了 真可惜,它非常有天分 |
[11:26] | She just isn’t a winner. | 但它不是冠军 |
[11:29] | Well, she’s awfully cute anyway. | 它真的好可爱 |
[11:32] | -I’m Charlotte York Goldenblatt. -Trudy Stork. | -我是夏绿蒂约克登布拉特 -楚蒂史托克 |
[11:35] | All right, Princess, come on, that’s enough. | 公主,够了 |
[11:38] | That’s enough, come on. There. | -好了 -好吧 |
[11:42] | -Well, nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you. Bye-bye. | -很高兴能认识你 -我也是,再见 再见 |
[11:47] | That was the day a King Charles met an Upper East Side princess. | 那一天骑士查理王猎犬 遇见上城东区的公主 |
[11:55] | Taxi! | 计程车 |
[11:56] | And an Upper West Sider went to see a house in Brooklyn. | 一个上城西区的职业妇女 要到布鲁克林区看房子 |
[12:07] | -Where to? -Brooklyn, please. | -你要去哪里? -麻烦到布鲁克林区 |
[12:10] | I don’t go to Brooklyn. | 我不去布鲁克林区 |
[12:13] | Yeah, neither do I. | 对,我也是 |
[12:21] | Miranda tried to see her future in Brooklyn, but she just couldn’t get there. | 米兰达想到布鲁克林区找未来 但她连去都去不了 |
[12:28] | Shit, yeah. | 对,该死,天啊,你真棒 |
[12:29] | God, you’re good. | |
[12:33] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[12:35] | What? Jesus! | 什么?天啊 |
[12:38] | -What do I…. -Just give it to me. | -我做了… -给我吧 |
[12:43] | -Man, that’s a lot of hair. Did that hurt? -No, I’m fine, really. | -那撮头发挺多的,会痛吗? -我真的没事 |
[12:47] | So where were we? | 我们刚刚做到哪里了? |
[12:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:57] | I’m gonna take a bath. | 我去冲个澡 |
[12:59] | Apparently, Samantha wasn’t the only one losing something that night. | 很明显地那晚不只莎曼珊 因为失去感到心痛 |
[13:06] | -Samantha’s not gonna die, right? -of course not, she’ll be fine. | -莎曼珊不会死吧? -当然不会,她会好起来的 |
[13:10] | Her hair started falling out at a really bad time. | 她开始掉头发 而且时机太不恰当了 |
[13:13] | God, was she at work? | -天啊,她开始工作了吗? |
[13:15] | No, but she was definitely doing a job. | -不,但那时她真的在忙 |
[13:19] | -No. -Yes, ma’am. | -不 -没错 |
[13:22] | -She’s a trouper, she’ll be fine. -Yeah, I know. | -她是个斗士,她会没事的 -我知道 |
[13:26] | But according to my Russian friend, we are all in denial. | 但我的俄国情人说 我们都在否认事实 |
[13:29] | -Why, what does he say? -It went like this: | -他说了什么? -事情是这样的 |
[13:31] | Him: ”Your friend might die, yes?” | 他说“你朋友可能会死” |
[13:34] | Me: ”No, you’re an asshole.” | 我说“不,你是混蛋” |
[13:38] | -We had our first fight. -Yeah, I picked up on that. | -那是我们第一次吵架 -我了解 |
[13:40] | I mean, this is a man who is so sensitive about so much. | 这个男人那么浪漫 |
[13:44] | But then this: ”Death, deal with it.” | 但他说“面对死亡的事实吧” |
[13:47] | I know he’s Russian, but Jesus, come on. | 我知道他是俄国人,天啊 |
[13:50] | -Maybe it’s the language barrier. -Well, it’s definitely a barrier for me. | -或许是语言障碍的关系 -对我来说那是个障碍 |
[13:55] | Is this who I’m seeing, a man who kills mice and optimism? | 我在跟一个会杀老鼠 又乐观的男人交往? |
[13:58] | It’s not denial. They got it early, she’s gonna be fine. | 那不是否认,她及早发现 她一定会没事的 |
[14:02] | You are aware that you’ve said she’ll be fine three times in half a block? | 我们才走了半条街 你就说了三次她会没事 |
[14:06] | Yeah, I just picked up on that, too. | 对,我也了解那一点 |
[14:09] | Anyway, how’s it helping her, if we freak out about it? | 惊慌害怕是没有用的 |
[14:12] | -It is our job to think positive. -Exactly. | -我们的任务是保持乐观 -没错 |
[14:16] | Can you believe we’re actually having this conversation? | 你能相信 我们真的在聊这件事吗? |
[14:19] | No, and here’s another thing I never thought I’d be saying: | 不,还有一件事 我从来没想过我会这么说 |
[14:23] | Steve wants us to move to Brooklyn. | -史蒂夫要我们搬到布鲁克林 |
[14:25] | okay, stop! | -好吧,别说了 |
[14:28] | -Now that is information I can’t handle. -I know. | 我无法接受那种事 |
[14:32] | I can’t move to Brooklyn. Even cabs won’t go there. | 我知道我不能搬到布鲁克林区 连计程车都拒绝去那里 |
[14:44] | My conversation with Miranda brought me back to reality. | 我跟米兰达的谈话 让我真的面对现实 |
[14:48] | or, more specifically, the people who want us to live in it. | 更精确地来说 我面对大家口中所说的生活 |
[14:52] | The world tells us to get real. | 这个世界要我们现实一点 |
[14:55] | But what happens when living in reality means living in pain, fear… | 如果现实就是活在痛苦恐惧中 或是住在布鲁克林区 |
[15:00] | or Brooklyn? | 那会发生什么事呢? |
[15:02] | If a defense mechanism can get us through the difficult times, how bad can it be? | 如果防御机能让我们渡过难关 生活会有多难呢? |
[15:07] | Maybe the reality is, we need denial. | 或许现实是我们需要否认 否认是朋友还是敌人? |
[15:18] | Denial had become Charlotte’s best friend, next to Harry. | 否认成了夏绿蒂的好朋友 它的地位仅次于哈利 |
[15:22] | Going for a run? | 你要去慢跑? |
[15:24] | -What are you looking at? -Just doing some research. | -你在看什么? -我在找资料 |
[15:27] | -on what? -Adoption. | -找什么资料? -领养手续 |
[15:33] | It could be just a backup, you know. lf we put ourselves on some lists… | 那是我们的备用计划 或许我们该去登记 |
[15:37] | by the time we know what’s what, we’ll have some choices. | 知道结果后我们可以做选择 |
[15:40] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[15:42] | That seems like the right thing to do. | 那似乎是个好方法 |
[15:54] | -Hi, Trudy. -Hi. | -你好,楚蒂 |
[15:56] | Hi, Dandyridge. | -你好 你好,丹蒂蕾吉 |
[16:00] | I brought you a present. | 我帮你带了礼物来 |
[16:03] | -It’s turkey bacon. Is that all right? -Sure, she’s not a show dog. | -是火鸡培根,没关系吧? |
[16:11] | Do you like that? | -没关系,它已经不比赛了 你喜欢吗? |
[16:15] | Well, she really loves you. | 它真的喜欢你 |
[16:18] | Who wouldn’t love her? Look at that face. | 谁不喜欢它呢?看看它的脸 |
[16:26] | You know… | 只因为它的表现不如你意 |
[16:27] | just because somebody doesn’t perform the way that you want them to… | |
[16:30] | doesn’t mean that you should just give up on them. | 那不表示你应该放弃它 |
[16:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:37] | I swore I wouldn’t cry. | 我发过誓我不会哭 |
[16:42] | It’s just that I’m trying to have a baby, and it’s just not going very well. | 我试着要怀孕 但一直无法成功 |
[16:47] | That day, thanks to a dog with one short leg… | 那天由于一只短腿狗的关系 |
[16:50] | Charlotte stopped denying her shortcomings. | 夏绿蒂不再否认她的缺点 |
[16:53] | I don’t care for babies… | 我不在乎孩子 |
[16:57] | or Labs. | 或是怀孕的事 |
[17:02] | -Thanks for coming. -Are you kidding me? This is gonna be fun. | -谢谢你赶过来 -你在开玩笑吗?这会很好玩 |
[17:06] | I used to do this when I was 16, at the mall. Without the cancer part. | 16岁时我常在购物中心这么做 那时我还没有得癌症 |
[17:15] | I have a movie premiere, and I need to look like myself at my most fabulous. | 我要参加电影首映会 我要表现出最美的一面 |
[17:19] | Would you like natural hair or acrylic? | 你要真发还是合成假发? |
[17:22] | Sweetheart, does it look like I do acrylic? | 甜心 你觉得我会喜欢合成假发吗? |
[17:26] | These are our best natural hair: Sassy and Pretty Me. | 这些是我们最棒的真发 纱希跟美人 |
[17:32] | -No, and no. -Fine. | -不 -好吧 |
[17:35] | Let’s try this. | 试试这顶 |
[17:38] | It’s from the Rene of Paris line. | 它是马格里特系列 |
[17:41] | This looks like you. | 看起来很适合你 |
[17:46] | Carrie, how do I look? | 凯莉,我看起来怎么样? |
[17:49] | You look like Florence Henderson. | -你看起来像佛萝伦丝韩德森 |
[17:52] | Florence Henderson in a bad wig. | -她的假发太假了 |
[17:54] | Listen, I can’t be on the red carpet in a bad rug, do you understand? | 听着,我不想戴着难看假发 走上红地毯,你明白吗? |
[18:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:04] | This is Candy. | 这是甜甜 |
[18:08] | She’s very popular. | 它非常受欢迎 |
[18:13] | I don’t think you’re listening. | 我想你没认真在听 |
[18:15] | I don’t want to look like Candy. I just want to look like myself. | 我不想看起来像甜甜 |
[18:19] | Ma’am, these are wigs. | -我只是看起来像自己 -小姐,这些是假发 |
[18:23] | They’re not ever gonna look exactly like you. | -它们不可能长得像你 |
[18:25] | That is not acceptable. | -我无法接受 |
[18:27] | -We could style the bangs– -Don’t touch my head. | -我们可以帮你做整理 -别碰我的头 |
[18:30] | I’ve worked with many women with cancer. | 我为许多得癌症的女人服务过 |
[18:34] | I don’t have cancer, I have a premiere. | 我没有得癌症 我要参加电影首映会 |
[18:37] | And I don’t want some second-rate wig named after a hooker. | 我不要用妓女名字 命名的二流假发 |
[18:40] | My hair is my thing. | 我喜欢我的头发,这… |
[18:42] | This is bullshit. | 简直是胡扯 |
[18:46] | Carrie, we’re going. | 凯莉,我们要走了 对不起 |
[18:55] | I’m just so angry. | 我好生气,我可以应付化疗 |
[18:56] | The chemo I can handle, but this hair thing, it’s too much. | 但掉头发的事情太沉重了 |
[19:00] | -We’ll find you a better wig. -I have left hair all over Manhattan. | -我们会帮你找到更棒的假发 -我到处掉头发 |
[19:04] | Every time the wind blows, I have to check to make sure I’m not baid. | 每次一起风 我得检查自己是不是秃了 |
[19:07] | It’s only temporary, it’ll grow back. | 头发会长回来的 |
[19:09] | And until then, I have to look like a sick person, and I don’t do sick person. | 在那之前我看起来像病人 我不会跟病人上床 |
[19:13] | Because you’re not. You’re someone who had a little blip of bad luck… | 因为你不是病人,你只是 |
[19:17] | -and now it’s over. -What if it’s not over? | 运气不好,现在都过去了 |
[19:20] | -It’s over, so over. -What if it comes back? | -如果它不会过去呢? |
[19:24] | I could die, Carrie, with really bad hair. | -一定会的 如果癌细胞又复发呢? |
[19:29] | You are not going anywhere. | 我会死的,而且头发掉光 你不会死 |
[19:34] | Carrie, please… | 凯莉,拜托 |
[19:36] | Iet me talk about what I’m afraid of, please. | 让我说出我的恐惧 |
[19:40] | The denial part of me wanted to say, ”You’ll be fine. ” | 抱持否认态度的我想说 |
[19:43] | Instead I said.: | “你会没事的”,但我说 |
[19:45] | okay, I’m here. | 好吧,我洗耳恭听 |
[19:50] | Maybe I should just shave it all off. | 或许我该把头发剃光 |
[19:52] | Yeah, you could be one of those fantastic baid women, who’s all about earrings. | 你会是 戴着漂亮耳环的秃头美女 |
[19:56] | I better not look like fucking Kojak. | 我不想看起来像外星人 |
[20:00] | Yeah, cancer. | 对,癌症 |
[20:03] | Turns out, not so hilarious. | 结果它一点都不好笑 |
[20:07] | After Samantha lost control, she did the only thing she knew to get it back. | 莎曼珊失控后 她做了唯一的反击 |
[20:29] | Babe. | 宝贝 |
[20:33] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里做什么? |
[20:35] | I got your message. What do you mean, you’re not coming to my premiere? | 我收到你的留言 你不参加我的首映会? |
[20:38] | I’m very busy. | 我非常忙 |
[20:49] | I’m shaving my head, all right? | 我正在理头发,它非常可怕 |
[20:51] | It’s scary and awful, and you can’t handle it. | 你一定不敢看的 |
[20:54] | -Who says I can’t handle it? -You freaked out after just a few little hairs. | -谁说的? -你被几根头发吓坏了 |
[20:58] | -You freaked out, too. -You lost your hard-on. | -你也是 -你还阳痿 |
[21:00] | Shit happens. | 那种事常发生的 |
[21:06] | Let me be here for you. | 我要留在这里陪你 |
[21:08] | Listen, this is very intense, and you’re being very sweet… | 听着,这件事很可怕 你一直都很体贴 |
[21:13] | but there is no way that you can relate to what I’m going though. | 但你没办法了解我的感觉 |
[21:20] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[21:23] | No, you can’t, your hair’s your thing! | 你不能那么做 你就是靠头发吃饭的 |
[21:26] | Chill out, I’m busy. | 别说话,我正在忙 |
[21:34] | And when I’m done cue-balling here, I’m moving right over to you. | 我剃光头发之后就帮你剃 |
[21:39] | That night, Smith gave Samantha the very best head of her life. | 那晚史密斯帮莎曼珊 理了她一生中最满意的发型 |
[21:45] | The next day, Miranda endured her first out-of-borough experience. | 隔天米兰达忍受 第一次化为普通人的经验 |
[21:52] | Broken. | 坏了 |
[21:55] | Broken. | 坏了 |
[21:56] | You mean Brooklyn. | 你是说“布鲁克林” |
[22:01] | Here, let me show you what we could do. | 我来告诉你 |
[22:05] | We tear out these closets, we make this the dining room… | 我们该怎么整修房子 我们可以把柜子打掉做成餐厅 |
[22:08] | which we wouldn’t have to sleep in. | 我们不必睡在里面 |
[22:10] | open up this fireplace. imagine all of our friends over here… | 整理壁炉,朋友来拜访我们时 |
[22:14] | the fire’s going, having some beers…. | 可以坐在壁炉边喝啤酒 |
[22:16] | None of our friends are coming to Brooklyn, but continue. | 我们的朋友不会来布鲁克林 |
[22:24] | This isn’t just about you anymore. | 但继续说吧 米兰达 |
[22:27] | Brady is only gonna get bigger, God willing. | 这已经由不得你喜不喜欢了 布莱迪会越来越大,感谢上帝 |
[22:30] | And look at all this space. | 看看这间房子 |
[22:33] | You owe it to all of us, you, me, Brady, Scout, Fatty… | 为了我们,你、我 布莱迪、史考特、胖胖 |
[22:38] | to really look at this place. | 好好看看这个地方 |
[22:40] | We’re a family. | 我们是一家人 |
[22:44] | oh, my God. I’m married. | 天啊,我结婚了 |
[22:48] | And that was the reality. | 那是现实 |
[22:51] | I’m gonna take Brady and the dog outside. | 我要带布莱迪跟狗到外面去 |
[22:55] | You let me know what you think. | 你决定后再跟我谈 |
[23:00] | Come on, let’s go out back. Yeah! | 来吧,我们到后院去 |
[23:18] | Let’s chase the dog around. | 我们去追狗玩 |
[23:23] | You wanna go get him? | (欢迎光临布鲁克林 美国优质住宅区) |
[23:28] | That day, Miranda couldn’t deny what was best for her family. | 那天米兰达无法否认 什么事对她的家人最好 |
[23:37] | So what do you think? | 你觉得呢? |
[23:42] | We’re very interested, but I’ll want to bring in an engineer. | 我们有兴趣 但我想带设计师来看看 |
[23:45] | I’d require a long escrow, and if the furnace isn’t up to code, I’ll need it replaced. | 我要跟你订契约 如果壁炉不能用,你得换新的 |
[23:50] | And so, she negotiated her way into her future. | 她跟房东谈判她的未来 所有的纽约客 都来看葛斯范桑的电影 (葛斯范桑,加州尼都) |
[24:11] | And Samantha realized she couldn’t deny cancer. | 莎曼珊了解 她无法否认罹患癌症的事 |
[24:19] | She would never be exactly who she was again… | 她永远都无法恢复以前的模样 |
[24:22] | so for that night, she decided to be Lil’ Kim. | 所以那晚她决定扮成莉儿金 |
[24:41] | It was a very special delivery from Miss Stork. | 史托克小姐送来的快递 (你比我更能够 给它一个温暖的家) |
[24:48] | oh, my goodness, thank you! | 我的天啊,谢谢 |
[24:55] | It was a girl, eight pounds, two ounces. | 你好 它是只八磅两盎司的小母狗 |
[25:00] | My goodness! Hello, are you hungry, precious? | 天啊,你饿了吗?宝贝 |
[25:05] | -Who is that? -She’s a present, can we keep her? | -谁来了? -它是礼物,它能留下来吗? |
[25:09] | Anything that makes you smile like that, we’d be crazy not to. | 如果它能让你笑 我们当然要留下它 |
[25:12] | -What’s her name? -Princess Dandyridge Brandywine. | -它叫什么名字? -丹蒂蕾吉白兰地公主 |
[25:16] | That’s impossible, you got to change it. | 我根本念不出来 |
[25:19] | What should we name you, pretty girl? | 你得帮它改名字 我们该叫你什么呢?宝贝 |
[25:23] | Who’s the prettiest girl in the world? | 谁是全世界最漂亮的女孩? |
[25:28] | Elizabeth Taylor. | 伊丽莎白泰勒 |
[25:31] | Elizabeth Taylor Goldenblatt. | 伊丽莎白泰勒葛登布拉特 |
[25:35] | That was the day Elizabeth Taylor moved in with Harry and Charlotte. | 那天伊丽莎白泰勒 搬到哈利跟夏绿蒂的家 |
[25:41] | And something far less glamorous moved in with me. | 有个不速之客跑到我家 |
[25:50] | oh, my God! | |
[26:00] | He will stay at the fancy neighbors’ now. | 现在它会待在隔壁的漂亮公寓 |
[26:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[26:06] | I didn’t think I would hear from you. | 我以为你再也不会跟我联络 |
[26:10] | I was upset. | 我很难过 |
[26:12] | I need you to not talk, so that… | 我要你别说话 |
[26:16] | I can say this without you confusing me. | 听我把话说完 不要再打断我 |
[26:21] | Samantha is my friend. | 莎曼珊是我的朋友 |
[26:23] | She’s my family… | 她是我的家人,我爱的人 |
[26:27] | my insides. | 她会没事的 |
[26:29] | She will be fine, because she has to be fine. | 因为她一定要没事 |
[26:34] | That’s how important she is to me. | 她对我就是那么重要 |
[26:37] | So for you to say that she may not be… | 所以你说她可能无法康复 |
[26:41] | it feels very hurtful… | 我真的很痛心 |
[26:47] | and really unnecessary. | 我不希望是那样的 |
[26:50] | Let me explain. | -听我解释,我过世的朋友… |
[26:52] | -My friend, who died– -oh, my God! | -天啊 |
[26:55] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[26:57] | When she died… | 她过世的时候 |
[27:00] | I was surprised. | 我很讶异 |
[27:03] | The amount of pain…. | 那种心痛 |
[27:06] | I didn’t want you to be surprised, like I was. | 我不希望你跟我一样 |
[27:13] | -You could have just said that. -We are different. | 毫无准备地面对痛苦 你可以直接说 |
[27:16] | Yes, we are. | -我们是不一样的人 -没错 |
[27:20] | I need my relationship with a little bit of milk. | 我希望我的爱情世界 |
[27:24] | It is clear who is the writer here. | 不要因为现实变得苦涩 |
[27:29] | Your friend will be fine. | 谁是作家看起来非常明显 你的朋友会没事的 |
[27:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:35] | And I’m sorry about Sophie. | 关于苏菲的事我非常遗憾 |
[27:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:42] | That night, for the first time, we spoke the same language. | 那晚我们第一次有相同的感觉 |
[27:50] | So while Samantha’s life and my life with the Russian would continue… | 莎曼珊努力活下来 我跟俄国佬重拾旧好 |
[27:54] | it was clear that Miranda’s life, as we knew it, was over. | 很明显地我们所熟悉的 米兰达的生活方式结束了 |
[27:58] | Brooklyn. | 我不想提布鲁克林,更何况 |
[27:59] | I can’t even say it, let alone live in it. You’ll all come visit, right? | 住在那里,你们会来看我吧? |
[28:03] | Talk about denial. | 这才是否认 |
[28:05] | Stop. We’ll all come, won’t we? | -别说了,我们都会去吧? |
[28:07] | Well, I won’t, I have cancer. | -我不会,我得了癌症 |
[28:10] | How long are you gonna play that cancer card? | -你要拿癌症当挡箭牌多久? |
[28:12] | As long as it takes for you to move back. | -直到你搬回来为止 |
[28:15] | But it’s just a subway ride away. | -搭地铁就能到了 |
[28:17] | A subway that goes under water. That’s not normal. | -它得穿过河底,太不安全了 |
[28:19] | Another Manhattan? | -再来一杯曼哈顿? |
[28:21] | Please, for all of us. | -拜托给我们四杯 |
[28:24] | That night, Miranda was determined to drink in as much Manhattan as she could. | 米兰达决定多喝几杯曼哈顿 |
[28:29] | Do you remember that awful apartment that I had on 1 7th Street? | 你记得我在17街 住过的那间恐怖公寓吗? |
[28:33] | The one with the water bugs? | -那间有水虫的公寓? |
[28:35] | What about your horrifying studio sublet on Riverside Drive? | -你在河滨路的工作室呢? |
[28:38] | I blocked it. | -我把它封死了 |
[28:39] | Man, I have had some really shitty apartments here. | -我也租过一些烂公寓 |
[28:43] | Why do I think living in Manhattan is so fantastic? | 为什么我觉得 |
[28:46] | Because it is. | 住在曼哈顿很棒呢? 因为它真的很棒 |
[28:49] | Here we go. | -酒来了 -谢谢 |
[28:52] | It would be childish of us to deny that our lives weren’t changing… | 否认我们的生活没有改变 太孩子气了 |
[28:55] | but for this night, none of us were going anywhere. | 但今晚我们哪里都不去 |
[28:59] | That’s the thing about really good friends, and a really great Manhattan. | 好友齐聚一堂 喝杯好喝的曼哈顿 |