时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:47] | When you live in New York City, it can take all your energy to stay in vogue. | |
[00:52] | So when Enid Frick, my old boss at Vogue, wanted to meet me for lunch… | 我在时尚杂志的前老板 伊妮德菲瑞克约我吃午餐 |
[00:57] | I was eager to hear what she had for me. | 我急着想知道 她约我到底有什么目的 |
[01:01] | Carrie, I need to ask you a favor. | 凯莉,我要你帮我一个忙 |
[01:03] | Apparently, this would be about what I had for her. | 很明显地她有求于我 |
[01:06] | I wanted to invite you to a party that I’m throwing a week from Saturday. | 我要邀请你参加 下星期六的派对 |
[01:09] | It’s for an amazing couple, Rama Patel and Andre DiBiachi. | 那是为拉玛佩泰 跟安德烈狄贝奇夫妻办的派对 |
[01:13] | They make documentary films. | -他们在拍纪录片 |
[01:15] | Well, unless I’m doing the catering, it sounds like a fun favor. | -听起来似乎很好玩 |
[01:18] | There’ll be a lot of couples from the art world… | 一些艺文界的情侣都会来 |
[01:21] | and maybe you could bring your Aleksandr Petrovsky. | 你可以带佩特洛夫斯基一起来 |
[01:23] | -Done. Is that it? -No. | -没问题,就这样吗? -不 |
[01:26] | I was hoping you might…. | 我希望你可以… |
[01:30] | I can’t believe I have to ask this. | 我不敢相信 我会提出这样的要求 |
[01:32] | Does he have a single friend that you could bring along for me? | 他有没有单身的朋友 你可以介绍给我认识? |
[01:37] | A date? | -当你的男伴? |
[01:39] | The thing is, it’s shaping up to be mostly couples… | -大部分情侣都是相亲认识的 |
[01:42] | and I’m not a couple, and there are no exciting prospects… | 我是单身,生活枯燥无味 |
[01:47] | so I thought that someone from his crowd might be right for me. | 我想或许他有适合我的朋友 |
[01:52] | Please never mention this conversation | 别跟康泰纳仕的人提起这件事 |
[01:57] | -Excuse me. Do you know what you want? -Yes, I’ll have the dorado. | -你们要点菜了吗? -我要点鳅 |
[02:02] | The dorado. This is a much larger fish, so this fish we recommend for two people. | 鳅蛮大的 我们建议由两个人一起食用 |
[02:07] | See? You have to be a couple just to order lunch in this town. | 在这个城市里 连点菜都得点双人份 |
[02:11] | -I’ll have the dorado as well. -Do you even like dorado? | -我也要点鳅 -你喜欢鳅? |
[02:14] | Because if this is a pity dorado, I can have crab cakes. | 如果你是为了配合我 我可以改点蟹肉煎饼 |
[02:17] | -We’ll have the dorado. -Very good. | -我们就点鳅 -非常好 |
[02:23] | The only thing is, I’m not sure if Aleksandr is… | 问题是我不确定亚力山大 |
[02:28] | a ”Let’s set people up” kind of guy. | 喜不喜欢撮合别人 |
[02:32] | Carrie, I got you a job, you get me a man. | 凯莉,我给你了一份工作 你得给我一个男人 |
[02:37] | Later that evening, the couple I was in had a couple of hours… | 那天晚上我跟另一半 |
[02:41] | to prepare a dinner party for a couple of couples. | 花了好几个小时为我的朋友 及她们的另一半准备晚餐 |
[02:45] | Your friends enjoy red wine? | 你的朋友喜欢喝红酒吗? |
[02:48] | My friends enjoy all wine. | 我的朋友什么酒都喜欢喝 |
[02:55] | Yes. We’ll have the Barolo. | 我们就喝巴鲁洛红酒 |
[03:02] | -Do you have any single male friends? -Are you tired of me already? | 你有单身的男性友人吗? |
[03:07] | It’s for this friend of mine. | 你已经厌倦我了? 这是为了我的朋友 |
[03:11] | I have a friend. | -我有个朋友是美食评论家 |
[03:14] | -He’s a food critic. -Perfect. | -太棒了 |
[03:16] | Is this really how one finds love? | 人真的得这样寻找爱吗? |
[03:18] | No, it’s just what we do to distract ourselves until the real thing comes along. | 不,我们藉此打发时间 等待真爱来临 |
[03:22] | -Now, I have a question for you. -Sorry, all my friends are taken. | -我要问你一件事 -抱歉,我朋友全都名花有主 |
[03:27] | Wow. I’ve never said that before. | 我从来没有那样说过 |
[03:31] | You know, I’ll be in Paris for some time with my exhibition. | 我会到巴黎待一阵子 准备展览的事 |
[03:34] | I’m going next week, and I am not sure when I’ll come back. | 我下星期要出发 不知道什么时候会回来 |
[03:38] | Unfortunately, having a man leave me for Paris was not foreign to me. | 不幸地男人抛下我去巴黎 对我来说不是第一次了 |
[03:43] | I am hoping you will come. | 我希望你也能来 |
[03:46] | Sure, I’ll come for the opening… | 当然,我会去参加开幕仪式 |
[03:50] | and maybe another weekend also. | 或许会待上一个星期 |
[03:52] | No, you misunderstand. I am hoping you’ll come and be with me. | 不,你误会了 我希望你能跟我去 |
[03:59] | -in Paris? -Yes. | -到巴黎? -对 |
[04:03] | For who knows when we’ll come back? | 不知道我们什么时候会回来? |
[04:07] | Yes. I need you there. | 我需要你到那里去 |
[04:10] | But this was foreign to me. | 但这对我来说是第一次 |
[04:14] | The caviar. | 鱼子酱 |
[04:18] | For most women, the goal of a dinner party… | 大多数的女人 |
[04:20] | is to have your friends feel comfortable around your boyfriend. | 希望朋友喜欢她的男朋友 |
[04:23] | I think my maid is using my vibrator. | 我想我的女仆 偷用我的按摩棒 |
[04:26] | other times, you wish your friends were not quite so comfortable. | 有时候你希望朋友别那么亲切 |
[04:30] | I don’t think you’re supposed to say ”maid” anymore. | -你不该再说“女仆”的 |
[04:32] | I don’t think we’re supposed to say ”vibrator” over dinner. | -也不该在吃饭时说按摩棒 |
[04:35] | I’m telling you, I went into the kitchen to get it– | 我走到厨房拿它… |
[04:38] | -Wait, why was it in the kitchen? -I like to mix it up. | -它为什么在厨房里? |
[04:42] | But yesterday, the batteries were dead. | -一物二用 但昨天电池没电了 |
[04:45] | They were new the last time I used it. | -史密斯回来后我没用过它 |
[04:47] | And I haven’t used it since Smith came back. Baby, that’s sweet. | -那真的是太棒了 |
[04:51] | Now, maybe in the Dominican Republic people like to share vibrators… | 或许在其他国家 |
[04:54] | but this is America, land of plenty! | 人们喜欢共用按摩棒 |
[04:57] | I think you could have a potential lawsuit on your hands. | 但这里是富庶的美国 你一定可以告赢她 |
[05:00] | What, breaking and vibrating? | -因为她偷用按摩棒? |
[05:02] | As long as it’s not entering. | -只要她不插进去就行了 |
[05:13] | -It’s a beautiful piano. You play? -Yeah, I do. | -好漂亮的钢琴,你会弹吗? -我会的 |
[05:17] | You know any Billy Joel? | 你会弹比利乔的歌吗? |
[05:20] | I am not familiar. | -我对他不熟 -“住宅区女孩” |
[05:21] | -Uptown Girl? Always a Woman? -Piano Man? | “女人味” “钢琴师” |
[05:28] | Tell us about your sculpture exhibition in Paris. | 跟我谈谈你的雕塑展 |
[05:31] | They are not technically sculpture. | 技术上来说它们不是雕塑 |
[05:34] | oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:36] | They are large-scale light installations, integrated with video imaging– | 它们是加上影像的 大型灯光装置 |
[05:40] | That’s fine. | 那很棒 |
[05:43] | I don’t like Paris. Too much attitude. And what’s with the toilet paper? | 我不喜欢巴黎,它太做作了 那里的卫生纸是怎么了? |
[05:48] | Paris is the best city in the world. | -巴黎是全世界最棒的城市 |
[05:50] | Easy, fella, you’re talking to New Yorkers here. | -别激动,你在跟纽约客说话 |
[05:53] | New York is wonderful, but there is nowhere like Paris. | 纽约很棒 但没有地方比得上巴黎 |
[05:58] | You’ll see, Carrie. | 你会了解的,凯莉 |
[06:00] | -Are you going for the opening? -Yes, she’s coming with me to live. | -你要去参加开幕仪式? -不,她要跟我住在巴黎 |
[06:08] | No, we hadn’t actually discussed the details… | 我们还没有讨论过细节 但是… |
[06:13] | but, yes, I have been invited to go to Paris. | 对,他要我搬到巴黎去 |
[06:23] | Later, my friends wanted a tour of the apartment… | 稍后我的朋友想参观房子 |
[06:26] | a.k.a..: time to ask me what the hell was going on. | 趁机问我到底发生了什么事 |
[06:30] | -You would go live with him? -I don’t know. | -你要跟他一起住? |
[06:33] | When were you planning to tell us? | -我不知道 |
[06:34] | No, he just sprang this on me two hours ago. | -你打算什么时候告诉我们? -他刚刚才问我 |
[06:36] | -How long would you go? -Where would you live? | -你要去多久? -你要住在哪里? |
[06:38] | -Is there a guest room? -You really thinking of going? | -有客房吗? -你真的要去? |
[06:41] | I’m not sure! I haven’t digested it yet. I’m still digesting dinner. | -我不确定,我还没有想过 |
[06:44] | This is so exciting! | -这真的太刺激了 |
[06:45] | I know! My boyfriend has just asked me to go to Paris with him. | 我的男朋友要我跟他搬到巴黎 |
[06:49] | This is the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me. | 这是我遇过最浪漫的事 |
[06:53] | What are they doing down there? | -你觉得他们在做什么? |
[06:55] | Not having a Billy Joel sing-along, that’s for sure. | -绝对不是合唱比利乔的歌 |
[07:00] | Ladies, time’s up. | 女士们,时间到 |
[07:02] | I can’t pretend to be one of the boys any longer. | 我无法假装我是男人 |
[07:09] | So, I spoke to my girlfriends… | 我跟我的女朋友们谈过 |
[07:11] | and they have a few questions about Paris. | 关于巴黎的事她们有些问题 |
[07:15] | But you are the one who’s going. | 但是你要去巴黎 |
[07:18] | We don’t know about that yet. | 我们还不知道 |
[07:22] | I mean… | 我们要怎么做? |
[07:24] | how could this work? Would I get my own place? | 我该自己去找房子吗? |
[07:27] | Why would you get your own place? | 你为什么要去找房子? |
[07:29] | Well, I don’t know. I’ve never done this before. | 我不知道,我没有这么做过 |
[07:33] | You will live with me. | 你跟我一起住 |
[07:34] | I have a beautiful apartment on the Left Bank… | 我在左岸地区有间漂亮公寓 |
[07:37] | but it’s being remodeled, | 但它正在装修 我们先住在典雅妮饭店 |
[07:41] | okay, but are we talking a year? indefinitely? | 但我们要去一年或不确定? |
[07:45] | Don’t I need to learn French? Would I be able to work there? | 我不需要学法文吗? 我可以在那里工作吗? |
[07:49] | And what about my cell phone? Would it work there? | 我的手机到那里会通吗? |
[07:51] | So many questions. Which is yours? | 在那么多问题里 哪些问题是你想问的? |
[07:55] | I can’t remember. I think I drank too much Barolo at dinner. | 我记不得了 我想吃饭时我喝了太多红酒 |
[08:01] | okay. | 好吧 |
[08:04] | Here’s one of mine: | 我有一个问题 |
[08:06] | What about my apartment here, would I sublet it? | 我在这里的公寓怎么办? 我要把它转租出去吗? |
[08:10] | -I will pay for your apartment. -That’s crazy. I can’t let you do that. | -我会帮你付公寓租金 -我不能让你那么做 |
[08:14] | Why? I have plenty of money. | 为什么?我的钱多得是 |
[08:16] | What I don’t have: plenty of Carrie Bradshaws. | 但我只有一个凯莉布雷萧 |
[08:26] | And I’ve always wanted to learn French, and drink wine before noon. | 我一直想学法文 在中午前喝葡萄酒 |
[08:30] | So, basically, it’s my fantasy… | 基本上那是我的美梦 |
[08:32] | complete with Parisian parties and museum openings. | 参加巴黎的派对跟博物馆开幕 |
[08:36] | -But for how long? -As long as it’s fun. indefinitely. | -但你要去多久? -只要好玩就待着,我不知道 |
[08:40] | -So you’d be moving there. -No, ’cause I’d still have my apartment here. | -你要搬到那里去? -不,我会保留这里的公寓 |
[08:44] | -Which he’d be paying for. -He can certainly afford it. | -他会帮我出租金 |
[08:47] | Do you think you might get married? | -他绝对负担得起 |
[08:49] | No, that’s…. I don’t think that’s the point. | -你觉得你们会结婚吗? -不,我想那不是重点 |
[08:53] | -Then what is he promising you? -The world? | -他跟你承诺了什么? |
[08:56] | But what about your job? Your column is all about New York. | -全世界 你的工作呢?你的专栏 |
[08:59] | -You’re all about New York. How would– -I don’t know! | 在描写纽约,你怎么能… |
[09:03] | How can you people still have questions? | 我不知道 你们怎么还有问题? |
[09:05] | I got all your questions answered, and they were good answers, by the way. | 我回答了你们所有的问题 |
[09:09] | So this is the time… | 那些答案都很棒 |
[09:10] | when everybody should be really excited for me. | 这时候大家应该为我感到高兴 |
[09:14] | -We are excited, it’s fabulous. -No, forget it. | -我们很高兴,太棒了 -不,算了吧 |
[09:18] | -No, I think it’s really romantic. -Then stop killing it with questions. | -我觉得它很浪漫 -别用问题扫我的兴 |
[09:22] | We just want to make sure you think this through. | -我们只希望你考虑清楚 |
[09:24] | I am thinking it through. But it’s a nice offer. | -我考虑清楚了 |
[09:27] | And it would be nice if my friends could be happy for me… | 但这是件好事 我希望我的朋友为我高兴 |
[09:33] | especially when I’ve always been happy for them. | 何况我一直都为她们感到高兴 |
[09:37] | Carrie, we are happy for you. | 凯莉,我们为你感到高兴 |
[09:42] | Anyone want to talk about cancer? | 谁想谈癌症的事? |
[09:45] | Anybody? | |
[09:47] | They say the unexamined life is not worth living. | 俗语说未经思考省察的人生 是没有价值的人生 |
[09:50] | But what if the examining becomes your life? | 但如果你的人生 都得经过思考省察呢? |
[09:53] | Is that living, or just procrastinating? | 那是人生或是耽误? |
[09:57] | And what if all those helpful lunches… | 如果朋友间的午餐汇报 |
[10:00] | and late-night phone calls to friends… | 跟深夜电话谈心 |
[10:02] | have made us all girl-talk and no girl-action? | 让我们变得只会空谈 不敢行动呢? |
[10:06] | Is it time to stop questioning? | 我们该停止质疑了吗? |
[10:20] | Certain questions should never be asked by anyone, especially a husband. | 有些问题最好永远别问 特别是别人的老公 |
[10:25] | You think someone’s getting a little chunky? | 你觉不觉得有人变胖了? |
[10:29] | Harry! | 哈利 |
[10:31] | I’m talking about the dog. | 我是说狗 |
[10:40] | Elizabeth Taylor had gained four pounds… | 伊丽莎白泰勒胖了四磅 |
[10:43] | which, for a dog who used to weigh eight pounds, seemed excessive. | 对一只体重八磅的小狗来说 那太过分了一点 |
[10:53] | Hi. Can you tell me where the diet dog food is? | 请问减肥狗食在哪里 |
[10:56] | oh, a Cavalier! She’s beautiful. May l? | 是骑士查理王猎犬 它好漂亮,我能抱一下吗? |
[11:01] | Yes, she is beautiful, but she’s getting a little fat. | 对,它很漂亮 但它变得有点胖 |
[11:05] | She’s not fat. | 它不是变胖 |
[11:07] | You’re right, that is an ugly word. She’s full-figured. | 你说得对,那么说太过分了 它只是有点丰腴 |
[11:11] | No, she’s pregnant. | 不,它怀孕了 |
[11:15] | Honey. I got your message. So the dog’s knocked up? | 甜心,我收到你的留言 狗狗怀孕了? |
[11:20] | Yes, she’s pregnant. | 对,除了我之外 |
[11:21] | Because everyone around me gets pregnant, just not me. | 每个人都怀孕了 |
[11:25] | -It’s not like she planned it. She’s a dog. -Exactly! | -它不是故意的,它是狗 -没错 |
[11:28] | She’s not even thinking about it, and bam! on her first try. | 它连想都没想就怀孕了 毕其功于一役 |
[11:32] | It might have been her first time, but it was with at least eight dogs. | 那可能是它的第一次 但它至少跟八只狗交配 |
[11:36] | Eight mutts! | 八只坏狗 |
[11:38] | And now we are going to have to raise her whole trampy, un-pedigreed family! | 我们得抚养它的杂种小孩 |
[11:45] | Elizabeth, Mommy can’t look at you right now. | 伊丽莎白,妈妈甚至不敢看你 (法文) |
[11:59] | Miranda just doesn’t like him. This is all about Billy Joel. | 米兰达不喜欢他 一定是比利乔的关系 |
[12:03] | It’s not about Billy Joel, it’s about you. | 不,是你的关系 |
[12:06] | We’re not going to encourage you to cross an ocean. | 我们不要你搬到大西洋另一端 |
[12:08] | We’re selfish bitches who like you in New York. | 我们是自私的坏女人 希望你能待在纽约 |
[12:10] | I like me in New York, too. But I really like him. | 我也想待在纽约 |
[12:14] | -He’s great, isn’t he? -Yes. | 但我真的喜欢他,他很棒吧? |
[12:16] | A bit arrogant, but he’s got the goods to back it up. | 对,虽然有点傲慢 但他算是恃才傲物 |
[12:19] | -And he can be really sweet. -Then he’s got it all. | -他很温柔 -那么他是个完美男人 |
[12:22] | Then why does Miranda not like him? | -为什么米兰达不喜欢他? |
[12:24] | She doesn’t not like him. She doesn’t know him. | -她是不了解他 |
[12:26] | She didn’t try to get to know him. | 她根本不想了解他 |
[12:28] | She didn’t ask him one question all night. And she is all about the questions. | 她整晚都没有问他问题 |
[12:32] | Well, here’s a question: Why do you care? | 我有个问题,你干嘛在乎呢? |
[12:35] | Have you ever heard me once ask what anybody thinks about my boyfriend? | 你听过我问任何人 对我男朋友的感觉吗? |
[12:40] | I’ve never heard you use the term ”boyfriend.” | -你不认为他们是男朋友 |
[12:42] | My point is, it doesn’t matter. | -我的意思是那根本不重要 |
[12:44] | Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. | 没有人知道 |
[12:49] | You know the most annoying thing? | 门后面发生了什么事 -你知道什么事最讨厌吗? |
[12:52] | -What’s annoying? -Miranda has a point. | -什么? |
[12:54] | What about work, and everything? | 米兰达说得对 我的工作跟生活该怎么办? |
[12:58] | Maybe I can’t leave New York. I don’t know how I’d do someplace else. | 或许我没办法离开纽约 我不知道到别的地方该做什么 |
[13:02] | Believe me, your fabulousness will translate. | 相信我,你一定可以名扬四海 |
[13:05] | And nobody says he gets to dictate the terms. | 谁说他可以决定一切呢? |
[13:08] | Figure out how to do it so you’re comfortable. | 你可以跟他商量出一套作法 |
[13:11] | Maybe half the time you’re there, half the time I’m there. | 你可以一半的时间待在那里 一半的时间我到那里去 |
[13:14] | Now you’re being too supportive. | 你支持得太过火了 你要去迪斯可吗? 你要去机场吗? 你要去餐厅吗? |
[13:26] | Later, I still had questions filling my head, but at least they were in French. | 稍后我还是满脑子疑问 至少它们全都是法文 |
[13:35] | -Are you coming? -Yeah, I’m just putting my earrings on. | -你要来吗? -我戴上耳环就能出发 |
[13:39] | No, to Paris. | -不,我是说去巴黎 |
[13:45] | I haven’t decided yet. | -喔 我还没有决定 |
[13:48] | I’m inviting you to go to France, not to jail. | 我邀请你去法国,不是去监狱 |
[13:52] | -I just have…. -More questions? Is it possible? | -我只是有… |
[13:58] | Things to figure out. | -更多问题?是吗? 有些事情我得弄清楚 |
[14:02] | My whole life is here. | 我的生活都在这里 |
[14:08] | Could we stay in New York, and then… | 我们能不能待在纽约 |
[14:11] | just go to Paris for a few months for your show? | 到巴黎住几个月 准备你的个展? |
[14:14] | Then it wouldn’t feel like we’re moving. | 那样子就不会有搬家的感觉 |
[14:17] | I need to be in Paris now. | 我得待在巴黎 |
[14:19] | I have been here for three years. I’m finished with New York. | 我在这里待了三年 我受够了纽约 |
[14:24] | It’s time for Paris. | 我该到巴黎去了 |
[14:27] | But I’m not finished with New York. | 但我还依恋着纽约 |
[14:39] | Maybe we could do long-distance for a while. | 或许我们可以暂时谈远距恋爱 |
[14:45] | You mean, back and forth? It’s never worked for me. | 你是说有人得来来回回的? 我受不了那个样子 |
[14:49] | You know, someone meets someone, someone gets bored. | 总会有人认识了别人 |
[14:55] | I don’t know. | 有人觉得无聊 我不知道 |
[14:56] | Voulez-vous an ultimatum? | 你要最后通牒吗? |
[14:59] | Normally, a couple doesn’t go from an ultimatum to a party. | 通常下最后通牒的情侣 不会一起参加派对 |
[15:03] | But we were in charge of bringing something very important. | 但我们肩负非常重要的责任 |
[15:06] | Carrie, so glad you came. | 凯莉,我好高兴你来了 |
[15:10] | -Enid, this is– -Aleksandr Petrovsky. I’m thrilled. | -伊妮德,这位是… -亚力山大佩特洛夫斯基 |
[15:14] | Pleasure to meet you. | -能见到你我真是受宠若惊 -很高兴能认识你 |
[15:16] | And this is Martin Grable. | 这位是马丁葛拉伯 |
[15:19] | Hi. Looks like it’s going to start snowing out there. | 看起来快下雪了 |
[15:23] | They say it’s going to be reminiscent of the ‘7 4 nor’easter. | 据说它会让我们回想起 74年东北部的大雪 |
[15:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[15:30] | Martin is a food critic for Bon Appetit. | 马丁是好胃口杂志的 美食评论家 |
[15:34] | Fascinating. | 太棒了 |
[15:37] | The coat check is right around the corner. | 衣物间就在角落那边 |
[15:44] | He’s very sweet and smart. | 他既温柔又聪明 |
[15:47] | He’s a hobbit. | 他是个矮子 |
[15:53] | Carrie Bradshaw! | 凯莉布雷萧 |
[15:55] | Where the fuck have you been hiding? | 你躲到哪里去了? |
[15:57] | Lexi Featherston was one of New York’s legendary party girls… | 丽丝费瑟丝顿 是传奇性十足的纽约派对女郎 |
[16:01] | who always ended up on Page 6… | 她的暴露衣着跟风流韵事 |
[16:03] | because of her barhopping and her bedhopping. | 总是能登上封面人物特写 |
[16:06] | I’m going to go up to the roof and have a smoke. I’ll be back in five. | 我要去抽根烟,五分钟后回来 |
[16:14] | He’s just so pretentious. | -他太狂妄了 |
[16:17] | -Are we still talking about him? -It’s not him. | -我们还在谈他吗? |
[16:20] | I’ve been thinking about this, and it’s how she is around him. | 不是他,我一直在想这件事 还有她在他身边变成什么模样 |
[16:24] | She’s different, and not in a good way. | 她变得不一样,那不是好事 |
[16:26] | She didn’t laugh all night. Not once. | 整晚她根本没笑 |
[16:29] | Miranda, no offense, but you never think… | 米兰达,你觉得任何人 |
[16:31] | anyone is good enough for you and your friends. | 都配不上你跟你的朋友 |
[16:33] | -You didn’t think I was good enough. -That’s not true. | -你以前也觉得我很烂 -才没有 |
[16:37] | Yes, it is, and it’s fine. I knew you’d come around. | 真的是那样,没关系 我知道你会改观的 |
[16:43] | ”Large-scale light installations.” What the fuck is that? | 大型灯光装置 那是什么鬼东西? |
[16:46] | -All right, he is kind of full of himself– -Thank you! | -他太自大了 -谢谢 |
[16:50] | Let’s not wake the kid. | 别吵醒孩子了 米兰达,如果她搬走 |
[17:00] | If she moves, it’ll be okay. You’ll talk, you’ll visit. | 那也没有关系 你们还是可以说话,拜访彼此 |
[17:08] | I bet she won’t go. | 我赌她不会去 |
[17:12] | She can’t leave New York. She’s got too much here. | 她不能离开纽约 她的根就在这里 |
[17:18] | The best raw-milk white cheddar I ever had was from a farm in…. | 你猜最棒的生奶巧达干酪 |
[17:21] | -Guess where? -oh, I don’t– | 来自哪里的农场? |
[17:24] | New York! | -我不… -纽约 |
[17:26] | We now rival England for the best cheddar in the world. | 我们跟英国竞争 全球最佳生奶巧达干酪的头衔 |
[17:29] | An hour later, I had somehow ended up on Enid’s date. | 一小时后 |
[17:32] | Actually, raw milk couldn’t even be used in the States until recently… | 我跟伊妮德的男伴粘在一起 最近美国才开始使用生奶 |
[17:36] | because it isn’t pasteurized. I mean, it basically goes from the cow right to you. | 因为它没有经过低温杀菌 直接取用刚挤出来的牛奶 |
[17:43] | And Enid had somehow ended up on mine. | 伊妮德跟我的男伴聊得很开心 |
[17:46] | That’s priceless. I never liked I.M. Pei either. | 那真的太可笑了 我也不喜欢贝聿铭 |
[17:50] | Martin, can you excuse me just for a minute? | 抱歉我得离开一下 |
[17:53] | -Sure. -Thank you. | |
[17:57] | Excuse me. | |
[17:58] | I have to tell you, I have been a fan of your work… | 我一直很喜欢你的作品 |
[18:01] | for longer than I’d like to admit. | 久到我都不好意思承认 |
[18:03] | I have been doing my work for longer than I’d like to admit. | 我一直都在创作 久到我都不想承认 -嗨 |
[18:10] | -Carrie, I love this man. -Yes, I see that. | -嗨 -我爱这个男人 -对,我看得出来 |
[18:13] | Would anybody like a drink? | -有人想要喝点饮料吗? |
[18:15] | Are you always this attentive? I’d love a vodka martini. | -你一向都这么体贴吗? |
[18:20] | -Carrie? -No, I’m fine, thanks. | 我想来杯伏特加马丁尼,凯莉 |
[18:23] | one vodka martini coming up. | -我不要,谢谢 -一杯伏特加马丁尼,马上来 |
[18:28] | Carrie, why aren’t I with him? | -为什么我跟他不是一对? |
[18:31] | Because I am? | -因为我跟他在一起 |
[18:36] | -What are you doing? -What? | -你在做什么? -什么? |
[18:43] | All right, I’m sorry. It’s not fair. | 好吧,抱歉,那一点都不公平 |
[18:48] | He’s my age, and you’ve got him. | 他跟我一样大,你跟他交往 |
[18:51] | And I am in no-man’s-Iand, literally. | 我却找不到适合我的男人 |
[18:55] | No man anywhere. | 我找不到另一半 |
[18:57] | Men can date anyone, any age, but let’s be frank… | 男人能跟任何年纪的女人交往 |
[19:00] | most of them prefer the bimbos. | 面对现实吧,他们喜欢波霸 |
[19:03] | So if you’re a successful 50-something woman… | 如果你是事业成功的50岁女人 |
[19:07] | there’s a very small pool. | 你的选择不多 |
[19:11] | It’s very small. It’s a wading pool, really. | 选择真的很少 事实上你的选择是越来越少 |
[19:16] | So why are you swimming in my wading pool? | 你为什么要挑上 跟我同年纪的男人? |
[19:19] | It was another question I wasn’t prepared to answer. | 那是另一个 我还没有准备好要回答的问题 |
[19:23] | -I need to go to the bathroom. -Yeah, it’s down the hall. | -我得去洗手间 -就在走廊底 |
[19:28] | outside, the snow was starting to come down. | 屋外开始下大雪 |
[19:31] | And inside, it was going up. | 屋内的气氛正热络 |
[19:33] | Want some? | -你要来一点吗? |
[19:35] | -No, thanks. -Close the door. | -不,谢谢 把门关上 |
[19:40] | -Wow, do people still do coke? -No, unfortunately. | -现在还有人吸古柯碱? -很不幸地已经没有了 |
[19:44] | God, Carrie, I’m 40 years old. Can you fucking believe it? | 天啊,我40岁了 |
[19:47] | Don’t answer that. | 你相信吗?别回答 |
[19:49] | Remember when we used to go to Tunnel? We were, like, 5. | 还记得我们以前常去酒吧吗? 那时我们就像五岁大的孩子 |
[19:52] | Do you need to use the john? | -你要上厕所吗? |
[19:54] | No, I was just trying to get away for a minute. | -不,我只是想清静一下 |
[19:56] | Euro-intellectuals. | 欧洲知识分子,我不知道 我干嘛来参加这个派对 |
[19:58] | I don’t know why I pulled strings to get an invite to this piece-of-shit party. | 我很高兴能见到你 |
[20:02] | I’m so glad to see you, though. We’re the only two single girls here. | 我们是这里唯一的单身女郎 |
[20:06] | -Well, actually, I’m with someone. -Fuck you! | 事实上我是跟男朋友来的 去你的 |
[20:21] | And speaking of little piece-of-shit parties…. | 说到该死的派对… |
[20:24] | -Babe? -No, Harry, I cannot come to bed right now… | 宝贝 |
[20:27] | because someone left me a little present. | 不,我睡不着 |
[20:29] | Because someone is too pregnant to hold it in. | 因为有人送给我一份礼物 |
[20:32] | Well, someone isn’t holding it in anymore. | 因为有人怀孕了 还故意跟我炫耀 |
[20:35] | In fact, someone is giving birth in the bathroom. | 有人撑不下去 就要在浴室里生孩子了 |
[20:38] | -Right now? -Honey, it’s time. | -现在吗? -老婆,它要生了 |
[20:42] | Elizabeth Taylor, Mommy’s coming! | 伊丽莎白泰勒,妈妈来了 |
[20:52] | That night, Charlotte embraced her maternal instinct… | 那晚夏绿蒂拥抱她的母性直觉 |
[20:55] | and three puppies. | 跟三只小狗 |
[20:57] | Little babies. | 我的宝贝们 |
[20:59] | And I embraced my boyfriend for as long as I still had him. | 我及时行乐拥抱着我的男朋友 |
[21:03] | So, now Rama and I split our time between Los Angeles and Calcutta. | 拉玛跟我分住在 洛杉矶跟加尔各答 |
[21:07] | -He splits his time. -Rama hates Los Angeles. | -他两地奔波 -拉玛讨厌洛杉矶 |
[21:10] | Frozen yogurt is not culture. | 冷冻优格毫无文化可言 |
[21:12] | So she stays in our home in Calcutta, while I edit our movies in Los Angeles. | 她待在加尔各答的家 我在洛杉矶剪接电影 |
[21:17] | But I get final Calcutta. | 但我在加尔各答做后制 |
[21:21] | -Nice to meet both of you. -You, too. | -很高兴能认识你们 -我也是 |
[21:25] | They aren’t together all the time. They seem happy. | 他们不是每天都在一起 但他们非常幸福 |
[21:27] | Carrie, I don’t want that. | 我不要那样,我要醒来时 |
[21:29] | I want: You wake up, you see me, I see you. | 我们可以看到彼此 |
[21:33] | We go for dinner, we sit in cafes. | 我们一起吃晚餐 |
[21:36] | Life. | 坐在咖啡厅里享受生活 |
[21:38] | I want you every day, too, but I have a life here. | 我也希望每天都能看到你 但我在这里有我的生活 |
[21:42] | Yes. But what do you want to come home to? | 对 |
[21:47] | What do you want your life to be? | 你希望回家后看到什么呢? 你希望过什么样的生活? |
[21:52] | -Carrie, do you have a lighter? -No, sorry, I don’t smoke anymore. | -你有打火机吗? |
[21:56] | Fuck you! | -我戒烟了 去你的 |
[21:59] | Anyway, I’m just a huge fan of the pomegranate. | -我超喜欢吃石榴的 |
[22:01] | Do either of you have a light? | -你们有打火机吗? |
[22:04] | There’s no smoking in here. Please go outside. | 这里不准抽烟,请到外面去 |
[22:07] | There is no outside. It’s fucking snowing. | 谁要去外面,外面正在下雪 |
[22:10] | Careful. | 有蜡烛 |
[22:11] | -She was rather rude. -I don’t even know how she got in here. | -她真的太没有礼貌了 -我甚至不知道她怎么进来的 |
[22:16] | How do you open this fucking thing? | 这玩意要怎么打开? |
[22:20] | Excuse me, miss, could you keep it down? | 对不起,小姐 你能不能小声一点? |
[22:24] | You keep it down. Fucking geriatrics. | 你才小声一点,老太婆 |
[22:28] | Now, our hostess has already said there’s no smoking. | -女主人说不准抽烟 |
[22:31] | When did everybody stop smoking? | -什么时候大家都戒烟了? |
[22:34] | When did everybody pair off? | 什么时候大家都成双成对了? |
[22:36] | This used to be the most exciting city in the world. | 以前这是全世界最刺激的城市 |
[22:39] | And now it’s nothing but smoking near a fucking open window. | 现在变成 我只能在打开的窗户旁边抽烟 |
[22:44] | New York is over. | 纽约完了 |
[22:46] | o-V-E-R. | 真的完了 |
[22:51] | over. No one’s fun anymore! | 没错,这里的人一点都不好玩 |
[22:54] | Whatever happened to fun? | 为什么会那样呢? |
[22:56] | God, I’m so bored I could die! | 天啊,我无聊到想死 |
[23:07] | It was the first time Lexi had ever left a party early. | 这是第一次丽丝提早离开派对 |
[23:12] | An hour later, the snow really started to fall… | 一小时后天空降下大雪 |
[23:17] | the first time that winter. | 这是冬天的第一场雪 |
[23:23] | And it didn’t stop. | 雪下个不停 |
[23:26] | The city was silent. | 城市陷入寂静 |
[23:31] | There were no more questions. | 不再有问题 |
[23:34] | only white noise. | 只有下雪的声音 (派对结束了) |
[23:43] | I want to go to Paris. | 我想去巴黎 |
[23:53] | It was a day made for first snows. | 那一天很适合下初雪 |
[23:55] | Look, Brady. Look, snow angels. | 布莱迪,你看,是雪天使 (啪的一声) |
[24:07] | And staying home with family. | 跟家人待在家里 |
[24:10] | See that? That’s called snow. | 看到了吗?那就是雪 |
[24:22] | Two days later, we said goodbye to our snow angel. | 两天后我们跟雪天使说再见 |
[24:27] | Wait, she tripped on her Manolo? | 等一下 她穿着曼诺罗的鞋子坠楼? |
[24:29] | Stanny, the girl died. It’s sad. The end. | 史丹尼,那个女孩死了 那是个悲剧,故事结束 |
[24:33] | I’ll say it’s sad. | 没错,纽约社交界的大丑闻 |
[24:35] | The scandal of the New York social scene, and I missed it. | 我竟然错过了 |
[24:39] | I need details. Last words. | 我要知道细节跟她的遗言 |
[24:44] | ”I’m so bored I could die.” | -“我无聊到想死” |
[24:46] | No! | -不 |
[24:50] | This funeral is better than Fashion Week. | 这场葬礼比时尚周还精彩 |
[24:53] | I know. Marcus is saving us seats next to Hugh Jackman. | 我知道,马可斯帮我们占了 |
[24:57] | I’ll see you in there. | 休杰克曼隔壁的位置,再见 |
[25:00] | I didn’t know Lexi had so many friends. | -我不知道丽丝有那么多朋友 |
[25:02] | She wasn’t always so tragic. Remember the ’80s? She was the ”it” girl. | -她不是一直都那么可悲 |
[25:06] | I thought I was the ”it” girl. | -80年代她是它杂志女郎 -我以为我是它杂志女郎 |
[25:08] | It’s your word against a dead girl’s, so you win. | 你的天敌已经死了 所以你赢了 |
[25:11] | You guys, we’re supposed to be in mourning. | 我们是来哀悼她的 |
[25:13] | We are. It’s the end of an era. | -没错,这是个时代的结束 |
[25:16] | Yep, the party’s officially over. | -派对真的结束了 |
[25:27] | Ladies, if you are single in New York, after a certain point… | 如果你是纽约的单身贵族 到了一定的时候 |
[25:31] | there is nowhere to go but down. | 你只能降低自己的标准 |
[25:33] | Eighteen stories down, to be exact. | 事实上是从18层楼往下跳 |
[25:37] | I’m going to Paris. | 我要去巴黎 |
[25:40] | -That’s so exciting! -Good for you! | -那真的太棒了 -我为你感到高兴 |
[25:43] | Because you’re afraid of going out a window? | -你怕自己也会跳窗? |
[25:45] | No. Because I want to open a new one. | -不,我想开启一个新世界 |
[25:48] | -What about your job? -I quit. | -你的工作怎么办? -我辞职了 |
[25:52] | -What? When did you– -Stop. | -什么?你什么时候… -别说了 |
[25:55] | We are done with the question portion of the program. | 别再问问题了 |
[26:00] | I’m happy. | 我很快乐 |
[26:02] | I’m going. | 我要离开 |
[26:05] | Now, let’s go say goodbye to Lexi. | 我们去跟丽丝说再见吧 |
[26:08] | It really is the end of an era. | 这真的是一个时代的结束 |
[26:19] | After the funeral, a couple of friends walked a couple of blocks. | 葬礼过后两个朋友走过几条街 |
[26:25] | You want to go get something to eat? | -你要吃点东西吗? |
[26:27] | -I’m not hungry, but I’ll go sit with you. -okay. | -我不饿,但我可以陪你 |
[26:30] | -Isn’t Gordon’s around here? -It’s two blocks. | -好吧,葛登餐厅在附近吧? -只隔两条街远 |
[26:35] | I can’t believe you quit your job. | 我不敢相信你辞职了 |
[26:40] | Couldn’t you write the column there? | -你不能在那里写专栏吗? -不行 |
[26:42] | No. They weren’t really into my ”American girl in Paris” angle. | 他们不喜欢 住在巴黎的美国女孩观点 |
[26:46] | New York paper, New York girl. | 纽约报纸要纽约女孩 |
[26:48] | It got to be such a hassle, so…. | 那会有很多争议,所以… |
[26:53] | Are they going to have someone new write it or– | -会有别人来代替你吗? |
[26:55] | Don’t know. | -我不知道 |
[26:56] | Probably some 29-year-old single girl with all-new problems. | 或许会有个29岁的单身女孩 写一些全新的问题 |
[27:00] | -I think you’re making a mistake. -Miranda, please. | -我想你犯了一个天大的错误 -米兰达,拜托 |
[27:04] | Carrie, you can’t quit your column. It’s who you are. | 你不能放弃你的专栏 它就是你 |
[27:08] | No, it’s not who I am, it’s what I do. | 不,它不是我 它只是我的工作 |
[27:12] | That’s my column. | 它是我的专栏 |
[27:17] | -I think I should go home. -What? I’m not allowed to have an opinion? | -我应该回家了 -我不能有意见吗? |
[27:20] | You have an opinion. You’ve had it for quite some time. | 你一直都有意见 |
[27:23] | What are you going to do over there without your job? Eat croissants? | 没有工作你在那里做什么? 吃可颂面包吗? |
[27:28] | -Why can’t you be happy for me? -I’m sorry, but…. | -你为什么不能祝福我? -对不起,但是… |
[27:32] | I don’t understand why you have to move away and give up your life. | 我不了解你为什么要搬走 放弃你的生活 |
[27:36] | -You moved to Brooklyn. -It’s just Brooklyn. | -你搬到布鲁克林 -那只是布鲁克林 |
[27:39] | I cannot stay in New York and be single for you. | 我没办法待在纽约 为你们永远保持单身 |
[27:44] | -What? -This is about you. | -什么? -你只想到自己 |
[27:46] | As long as I’m here, in the same place, writing my column… | 只要我待在这里写专栏 |
[27:49] | then nothing has really changed. | 一切都不会改变 |
[27:51] | No, this is about you. | 你只想到自己 |
[27:52] | No, you moved on, Charlotte’s moved on, even Samantha’s moved on. | 你跟夏绿蒂都在往前走 连莎曼珊都找到了归宿 |
[27:57] | I can stay here and write about my life… | 我可以待在这里写我的生活 |
[28:00] | or I can go with him and live my life. | 或跟他远走高飞过我的生活 |
[28:03] | You mean, his life. | 应该是他的生活吧 |
[28:09] | Carrie, I love you, come on! | 凯莉,我爱你,别这样 |
[28:13] | Just say it! You don’t like him! | -坦白说吧,你不喜欢他 |
[28:15] | Fine, I don’t like him! | -好吧,我不喜欢他 |
[28:17] | Then don’t you go to Paris with him! | 你不必跟他去巴黎 |
[28:21] | You’re living in a fantasy! | 你活在幻想中 |
[28:33] | Maybe I was living in a fantasy… | 或许我的确活在幻想中 |
[28:35] | but I found a man who could make it a reality. | 但我找到一个 能让幻想成真的男人 |
[28:39] | And I wasn’t going to question any of it. | 我不再质疑 |
[28:41] | Not even how he found a horse-drawn sleigh… | 甚至不问他怎么在曼哈顿闹区 |
[28:44] | in the middle of Manhattan. | 找到用马拉动的雪橇 |