时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | I cannot believe that you’re gonna eat two glazed donuts. | 我不敢相信你居然要吃两个釉面甜甜圈 |
[00:26] | What’s it gonna do? Shorten my life? | 我就吃了怎么样 能让我早死几年吗 |
[00:28] | Bon appétit. | [法语]祝你好胃口 |
[00:31] | You know there’s a hood on the back of your shirt? | 你知道你衣服后面有个帽兜吧 |
[00:34] | It’s the fashion now. | 现在流行这种 |
[00:36] | Yeah, if you’re the Unabomber. | 是啊 如果你是什么炸弹客的话 |
[00:38] | Hey, you remember that friend of Eileen’s | 你记不记得艾琳有个朋友 |
[00:40] | who came to the funeral, Dianne? | 叫黛安娜的 当时也去了葬礼 |
[00:42] | The redhead, yeah. | 那个红头发的 我记得 |
[00:44] | She’s been e-mailing me. | 她一直在给我发邮件 |
[00:46] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是嘛 -是啊 |
[00:48] | Sends me pictures. | 给我发一些照片 |
[00:50] | What kind of pictures? | 哪种照片 |
[00:52] | You should see them. She’s got a bird feeder in her backyard. | 你应该看看那些照片 她在自己家后院装了个鸟类喂食器 |
[00:54] | There’s been hummingbirds, a robin, | 引来了好多蜂鸟啊 知更鸟 |
[00:57] | and once, a goldfinch chasing away a crow. | 有一张照片里 一只金翅雀在追着一只乌鸦 |
[00:59] | That slut! | 真是个荡妇 |
[01:01] | So, what about her? | 她怎么了 |
[01:03] | She wants to have dinner with me. | 她想和我共进晚餐 |
[01:04] | That’s nice. Does she like to eat at five o’clock? | 听起来不错啊 她喜欢五点钟就吃晚餐吗 |
[01:07] | Doesn’t matter. I can’t have dinner with her. | 无所谓几点吃 我不能和她一起出去吃饭 |
[01:09] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[01:11] | My wife just passed away. What would that say about me? | 我的妻子刚刚过世 这样别人会把我成什么人了 |
[01:13] | Why do you care what it says about you? | 为什么要关心别人的意见呢 |
[01:15] | It’s disrespectful to the memory of Eileen. | 这是对我寄予艾琳哀思的不尊重 |
[01:18] | I could never do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[01:19] | I hate that I’m about to say this, but… | 我不敢相信我会和你说这个 但是 |
[01:22] | have you discussed this with Eileen? | 你有和艾琳说过这个吗 |
[01:24] | No, I’ve been putting it off, and I’m not crazy. | 没有 我一直没和她说 而且我并没有疯 |
[01:27] | It gives me comfort. | 那样能让我感觉好点 |
[01:28] | I’m not calling you crazy. | 我没有说你疯了 |
[01:34] | Have you considered doing something less formal with this Dianne, | 你有没有考虑过和这个黛安娜先不那么正式地交往 |
[01:38] | like, uh, maybe lunch? | 比如一起吃个午餐 |
[01:39] | Oh, that’s very good. | 这听起来不错 |
[01:41] | Lunch is safe. Nobody gets frisky after lunch. | 午餐很安全 没有人会吃完午餐就兴致盎然 |
[01:44] | At your age, nobody gets frisky. | 在你这个年纪 什么时候都不会兴致盎然 |
[01:46] | True dat! | 讲的对鸭 |
[01:48] | See? I keep up. | 你看 我也会流行用语 |
[02:02] | Nope. | 不行 |
[02:04] | I can’t do it. | 我不能这么做 |
[02:05] | Oh, sure you can. | 你当然可以 |
[02:06] | No. You’ve only been gone a month. It’s… it’s not right. | 不行 你才刚刚过世了一个月 这样做不对 |
[02:09] | Why? You’ve had lunch with ladies before. | 为什么不对 你之前也和别的女士们吃过午餐 |
[02:13] | Yeah, but there were no overtones. | 是啊 但是那些都没有弦外之音 |
[02:14] | This meal is riddled with overtones. | 这顿午餐充满了弦外之音 |
[02:16] | Oh, darling, she’s just lonely. | 亲爱的 她只不过是很孤单 |
[02:20] | Bill died, what, ten, 12 years ago? | 比尔去世也有大概十二年了吧 |
[02:22] | Really? Has it been that long? | 真的吗 有那么久了吗 |
[02:24] | Mm-hm. | 是啊 |
[02:25] | I wonder if she visits with him like we do. | 我想知道他们会不会也像我们这样能见面 |
[02:28] | Well, maybe that’s something you can discuss over lunch. | 你可以在午饭的时候和她聊聊这个 |
[02:32] | You are being very mature about this, Eileen. | 你应对这件事的态度很成熟啊 艾琳 |
[02:35] | I’m sure you’d feel the same if the roles were reversed, | 我知道如果你和我角色调换的话 你也会这么做的 |
[02:38] | if you were gone and I was alive. | 如果是你去世而我活着 |
[02:40] | No. That’s where you’re wrong. | 不 这你就错了 |
[02:41] | If some guy was sniffing around you, | 如果有什么家伙在你周围探头探脑 |
[02:43] | I would haunt the hell out of him. | 我做鬼都不会放过他 |
[02:44] | There would be cutlery flying around his kitchen. | 他们家厨房的餐具会被我弄得到处乱飞 |
[02:47] | Yes. One morning he’d be… | 早上他醒来的时候 |
[02:49] | he’d be shaving in the bathroom mirror | 站在浴室镜子前面刮胡子 |
[02:50] | and he’d look up and see me standing right behind him, | 然后他一抬头就会从镜子里看到我站在他身后 |
[02:52] | just staring at him like this… | 就像这样瞪着他… |
[02:56] | He would soil his pajamas, guaranteed. | 我跟你保证他绝对会吓得屁滚尿流 |
[03:03] | All right. This next exercise | 好了 下一个练习 |
[03:05] | is gonna feel a little flaky, maybe a little uncomfortable, | 会让你们感觉有些古怪 可能还会有些不舒服 |
[03:10] | but it may be the most important thing that I ever show you. | 但是这也会是我想教给你们的最重要的东西之一 |
[03:14] | So why don’t we start by everybody finding a partner? | 让我们从找个搭档开始吧 |
[03:17] | – Try Margaret. – Understood. | -你去找玛格丽特 -了解 |
[03:19] | Do you mind helping me? | 你介意帮我一起演示吗 |
[03:21] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[03:23] | The name of this exercise is “Mirror.” | 这个练习的名字叫做”镜像” |
[03:29] | You just move your body, and I’ll follow. | 你来随意做动作 我会跟着做 |
[03:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[03:36] | What we’re working on here | 我们在这里要做的事 |
[03:38] | is being totally present. | 就是完全专注于当下 |
[03:41] | This means paying attention, without judgment, | 这意味着你需要全神贯注 不带丝毫杂念 |
[03:45] | to the actor in front of you. | 去跟随你面前的演员的动作 |
[03:53] | Amp it up a little bit. | 可以把动作放大点 |
[03:54] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:00] | This does two things. | 这能够帮我们两件事 |
[04:02] | It gets you out of your own head… | 既可以帮你清空你的杂念… |
[04:05] | and forces you… | 也能够帮助你专注于… |
[04:07] | to be in the moment. | 眼下这个时刻 |
[04:10] | Fully engaged with the other person… | 全身心沉浸在你面前的人的动作里… |
[04:14] | by simply paying attention to them. | 完完全全的只关注到她们 |
[04:19] | Not only makes you a better actor, | 这个练习不仅能使你成为更好的演员 |
[04:22] | it makes you a better human being. | 也会让你成为更好的人 |
[04:25] | Okay? | 懂了吗 |
[04:27] | So, everybody, why don’t you give it a shot? | 那么同学们 都开始练习吧 |
[04:38] | Do you think they’re doin’ it? | 你觉得他们之间是不是有一腿 |
[04:42] | Maybe. My grandpa still gets boners. | 可能吧 我爷爷都能还硬的起来 |
[04:46] | Do you think people know we’re doin’ it? | 你觉得别人知道咱俩有一腿吗 |
[04:47] | Yes! | 是的 |
[04:57] | Welcome back, sir. | 欢迎再次光临 先生 |
[04:59] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢 你亚历克斯 |
[05:00] | No, thank you. | 我谢谢你才是 |
[05:04] | He seems very happy to see you. | 他看起来很开心你来 |
[05:07] | I may have set a bad precedent with my last tip. | 我上次给小费的时候可能过于大方了 |
[05:12] | So, uh… | 所以… |
[05:14] | Bill’s dead ten, 12 years now, right? | 比尔去世大概有12年了对吗 |
[05:18] | It’ll be 11 years in March. | 等到了三月就是整十一年了 |
[05:22] | Do you visit him much? | 你常去看他吗 |
[05:24] | Every year on his birthday, I put flowers on his grave. | 每年他生日的时候 我会带花去他坟前看他 |
[05:28] | That’s nice. I… I visit Eileen two or three times a week. | 这很好 我大概一周去见艾琳两三次吧 |
[05:31] | You go to the cemetery that often? | 你去墓地那么频繁吗 |
[05:34] | No, sometimes we’re in the kitchen. | 也不是 有些时候我们就在厨房见 |
[05:40] | Let me ask you a question. | 我想问你个问题 |
[05:44] | After Bill died, did you find yourself | 比尔去世之后 你有没有发现自己 |
[05:46] | being unusually short-tempered with people? | 变得经常对周围的人脾气暴躁 |
[05:50] | That’s happening to you? | 你变得易怒了吗 |
[05:52] | I have no patience with anyone. I… I’ve become very brittle. | 我对所有人都没有耐心 我变得…很容易发脾气 |
[05:56] | I think that’s just your way of processing grief. | 这可能是你处理悲伤的一种方式吧 |
[06:00] | But did it happen to you? | 你当时也会这样吗 |
[06:01] | – No. No. – Hm. | -不会 -好吧 |
[06:03] | If anything, | 如果有什么变了 |
[06:05] | losing Bill made me softer… | 比尔的死让我变得更加温柔… |
[06:08] | and maybe a little more compassionate. | 可能也变得更富有同情心 |
[06:11] | Well, aren’t you a lucky duck? | 你可真是幸运啊 |
[06:14] | See? | 看到吗 |
[06:15] | Brittle. | 脾气暴躁 |
[06:17] | Norman, | 诺曼 |
[06:18] | sometimes our hearts have to be broken | 有时候我们的心必须要先经历破碎 |
[06:22] | so that love can come back in through the cracks. | 这样之后爱才能从那些裂缝中重新回到身边 |
[06:27] | Did you just think of that? | 这是你现想出来的吗 |
[06:29] | I guess so, yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:31] | You should write for Hallmark. | 你真应该去给贺卡公司写祝语 |
[06:32] | They go for that treacly kind of bullshit. | 他们比较喜欢这种没有营养的废话 |
[06:36] | Sorry. I can’t help myself. | 对不起 我控制不住我自己 |
[06:47] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:48] | Well, I did it. | 我做到了 |
[06:51] | I had lunch with another woman. | 我和另一个女人一起共进午餐 |
[06:53] | Oh, you dog! | 老家伙可以啊 |
[06:54] | What did you guys talk about? | 你们都聊什么了 |
[06:56] | Oh, you know, the usual. | 就那些常见话题 |
[06:58] | Dead wives, dead husbands, dead friends. | 过世的妻子啊 过世的丈夫啊 过世的朋友之类的 |
[07:02] | It was very pleasant. | 还挺开心的 |
[07:04] | Sounds like it. | 听起来是这样 |
[07:05] | I was a little disconcerted by the way she ate. | 她吃饭的方式让我有点糟心 |
[07:08] | The way she ate? | 她吃饭的方式 |
[07:10] | Yeah. It was too thought out, too methodical. | 是啊 都太经过深思熟虑了 有条不紊的 |
[07:13] | She started with her vegetables, | 她从蔬菜开始吃 |
[07:15] | she went on to the scalloped potatoes, | 然后她去吃烘焙过的土豆 |
[07:17] | and then when there was nothing else left on the plate, | 然后等她把这些都吃完了 |
[07:20] | she devoured her fish. | 她才开始对她的鱼大快朵颐 |
[07:22] | And this troubles you? | 这有什么问题吗 |
[07:24] | It speaks to a… calculating type of mind. | 这说明她…非常功于心计 |
[07:27] | You know, like the Germans’ strategic advance through Poland, | 你知道的 就像那些德国人老谋深算从波兰开始入侵 |
[07:30] | then Belgium, then France. | 然后是比利时 然后是法国 |
[07:32] | So the nice widow lady ate like a Nazi? | 所以这位可人的寡妇女士吃饭像个纳粹 |
[07:36] | I’m afraid so. | 我恐怕是的 |
[07:38] | Wait. I’m getting a text message. | 等一下 我收到一条短信 |
[07:39] | – I’ll call you back. – You don’t have to hang up to… | -我一会再打给你 -你不用挂掉电话去查… |
[07:53] | So, what did the axis of evil have for dessert? | 那么这位邪恶轴心选了什么甜点吃呢 |
[07:53] | 政治术语 意指赞助恐怖主义的政权 | |
[07:56] | What? | 什么轴心 |
[07:57] | Never mind. Who texted you? | 算了没事 谁给你发短信了 |
[07:59] | Oh, Dianne. I’ve got a big problem. | 是黛安娜 我有大麻烦了 |
[08:01] | She’s going to that Parkinson’s fundraiser next Thursday, | 她要去下周四的帕金森慈善筹款晚宴 |
[08:05] | and, I quote, “Hoped to see me there.” | 她说 “希望能在那里见到我” |
[08:08] | – So? – So it’s one of Eileen’s charities. | -所以呢 -那是艾琳支持的一个慈善机构 |
[08:10] | I… I was planning on attending. | 我本来打算去参加的 |
[08:13] | So? | 所以呢 |
[08:14] | Hang on. Another text. | 等等 另一条短信来了 |
[08:16] | Norman, you can… | 诺曼 你不用挂… |
[08:27] | – Yeah. – Oh, it’s getting worse. | -怎么 -事情更糟糕了 |
[08:29] | She wants to know if it’s okay if we sit together. | 她问我愿不愿意和她坐在一起 |
[08:31] | Boy, she moves fast. | 这位女士行动很快啊 |
[08:33] | You’d better bring a condom. | 你最好带个避孕套吧 |
[08:35] | You’re making a joke, | 我知道你在开玩笑 |
[08:36] | but I actually still have one the Army gave me when I was in Korea. | 不过我还留着一个我在韩国的时候军队给我的 |
[08:40] | You’re kidding me. | 你一定是在逗我 |
[08:41] | I’m sentimental. | 我也会怀旧的 |
[08:43] | Okay, here’s what we’ll do. | 现在 我们这么做 |
[08:45] | You’ll come to the dinner as my plus one and act as a buffer. | 你作为我的男伴我一起出席 这样可以起到一个缓冲作用 |
[08:48] | Oh, yeah. Uh, I don’t think so. | 是吗 我不想去 |
[08:51] | $307,000! | 三十万零七千美金 |
[08:54] | You fuck. | 你个混蛋 |
[08:56] | So, what do you say? | 现在你想去了吗 |
[08:58] | Well, does this mean we’re even? | 我去的话是不是意味着我们扯平了 |
[08:59] | Yeah, if you bring $307,000 with you. | 可以啊 如果你带着三十万零七千美金来的话 |
[09:03] | How about I bring a date? | 那我带个女伴行吗 |
[09:05] | I thought Lisa gave you the old heave-ho. | 我以为丽萨把你甩了呢 |
[09:08] | I thought so, too, but it turns out I’m back in her good graces. | 我也以为 不过看起来我又赢回了她的青睐 |
[09:12] | A-ha. The old ho-heave. | 甩不掉的你啊 |
[09:14] | Well, that’s good news. | 这是好消息 |
[09:15] | You should have at least one thing in your life that’s working out. | 你这一生至少有一件事算是有所成就 |
[09:19] | You know, you’ve gotten to be a very mean-spirited old man. | 你知道吗 你已经变成了一个尖酸刻薄的老家伙了 |
[09:23] | Well, thank you. I was just saying that to Dianne. | 谢谢你啊 我之前和黛安娜也是这么说的 |
[09:27] | Another text. | 又有一条短信来了 |
[09:38] | That’s enough. | 真是够了 |
[09:52] | Pretty swanky, huh? | 很华丽啊 |
[09:54] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[09:56] | You realize this is the first time you’ve brought me somewhere | 你知道吗 这是你第一次带我来这种 |
[09:58] | that didn’t have a dead body. | 没有死尸的场合 |
[10:00] | The night is still young. | 这一晚还长着呢 |
[10:04] | There he is. | 他在那里 |
[10:08] | He looks like a well-dressed thumb. | 他看起来像个穿的衣冠楚楚的大拇指 |
[10:11] | Doesn’t seem like he needs you to buffer anything. | 他好像不需要你帮他缓冲什么 |
[10:14] | He does seem happy. | 他是看上去挺开心的 |
[10:16] | Something’s wrong. | 有点不对劲 |
[10:18] | So this musician calls up Buddy Rich’s house | 一个音乐家给巴迪·瑞奇家打电话 |
[10:21] | and he says, “Can I speak to Buddy?” | 然后他说 “我能和巴迪讲话吗” |
[10:22] | And Buddy’s wife says, | 巴迪的妻子就说 |
[10:23] | “Oh, I’m so sorry. Buddy passed away.” | “我很抱歉 巴迪已经过世了” |
[10:27] | Musician says, “Oh, I didn’t realize. | 音乐家说 “哦我还不知道 |
[10:29] | My condolences.” | 节哀顺变” |
[10:31] | Next day, he calls again. He says, “Can I talk to Buddy?” | 第二天他又打来了电话 他说 “我能和巴迪讲话吗” |
[10:34] | His wife says, “I already told you, Buddy’s dead.” | 巴迪的妻子说 “我昨天告诉过你了 巴迪已经去世了” |
[10:37] | Musician says, “Oh, right. Sorry.” | 音乐家说 “哦 对 抱歉” |
[10:39] | The next day, he calls again. “Can I speak to Buddy?” | 然后第二天 他又打来了 “我能和巴迪讲话吗” |
[10:42] | Wife says, “I have told you over and over again, Buddy’s dead!” | 巴迪的妻子说 “你要我说多少次啊 巴迪已经死了” |
[10:46] | Musician says, “I know. I just… I love to hear it!” | 音乐家说 “我知道 我就是太喜欢听这句话了” |
[10:53] | It’s Buddy Rich. He was a famous jazz drummer. | 巴迪·瑞奇啊 那个出名的爵士鼓手 |
[10:55] | He wasn’t a very pleasant man. | 他不太讨人喜欢 |
[10:58] | Google it. You’ll see I’m not lying. | 谷歌一下你就知道我没胡说了 |
[11:01] | Norman, you remember Lisa? | 诺曼 你还记得丽萨吧 |
[11:03] | – Hello. This is Dianne. – Nice to see you again, Dianne. | -你好 这位是黛安娜 -很高兴再次见到你 黛安娜 |
[11:07] | Oh, have we met? | 我们之前见过吗 |
[11:08] | Yeah, we met at the, uh, funeral. | 我们之前在葬礼上见过 |
[11:10] | Uh, it’s not important. | 那都不重要 |
[11:12] | This is… Wow, what a lovely event. | 这个晚宴…办的很温馨 |
[11:14] | Yeah, we got a very nice turnout. | 是啊 出席的人很多 |
[11:16] | Well, this charity wouldn’t exist if it wasn’t for Eileen. | 如果不是艾琳的话 这个慈善项目也不会办成功 |
[11:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:22] | It’s true. She started raising money for Parkinson’s years ago. | 确实是 她在几年就开始为帕金森综合征筹款 |
[11:27] | Long before Michael J. Fox made it fashionable. | 比迈克尔·J·福克斯让这个病家喻户晓要早很久 |
[11:27] | 美国演员 91年被诊断患有帕金森症之后 推动治疗研究的社会慈善活动 | |
[11:32] | Uh, she… she was one of a kind. | 她是位…很杰出的人 |
[11:35] | A saint. | 圣人一样的人 |
[11:37] | God takes the good ones way too soon. | 真是天妒英才 |
[11:39] | Yeah, and he leaves the bad ones here just to piss us off. | 是啊 现在就留下了这个坏家伙在这里惹人烦 |
[11:43] | Skål! | [瑞典语]干杯 |
[11:44] | Uh, that’s your third drink. | 这已经是你的第三杯了 |
[11:46] | – Maybe you should slow down. – Yes, dear. | -你最好慢点喝 -好的 亲爱的 |
[11:51] | I mean… okay. | 我是说 好的 |
[11:58] | I’m gonna go check out the silent auction. | 我去看看那边的无声竞拍如何了 |
[12:00] | Ah, excuse us. | 不好意思 |
[12:03] | You know, that crazy bastard’s got a condom from 1951. | 那个老疯子带了个1951年的安全套 |
[12:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:09] | ‘Cause he doesn’t want to get anybody pregnant. | 因为他不想让任何人怀孕 |
[12:23] | You see KC and The Sunshine Band are performing after dinner? | 凯西与阳光合唱团会在晚宴后表演 |
[12:27] | That’s nice. | 听起来很好 |
[12:28] | Hope they don’t play “Shake Your Booty.” | 希望他们别唱那首《摇晃身体》 |
[12:31] | Might be in bad taste at a Parkinson’s dinner. | 这歌可能不太合适在帕金森筹款晚宴上唱 |
[12:40] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[12:42] | Watching Dianne eat. | 看黛安娜吃东西 |
[12:50] | You haven’t touched your food. Are you okay? | 你都没怎么吃饭 你没事吧 |
[12:53] | Yeah, I’m just not very hungry. | 没事 我就是不怎么饿 |
[12:58] | You should have something. | 你应该吃点东西的 |
[13:00] | You know, to… to coat your stomach from all that alcohol. | 这样你的肠胃不会因为酒精而不舒服 |
[13:05] | Are you gonna cut up my meat for me? | 你是不是还要帮我把肉切好 |
[13:06] | Or are you going to attack the Brussels sprouts and the potatoes first? | 还是你要先给我喂甘蓝菜和土豆 |
[13:11] | I’m just trying to be helpful. | 我只是为了你着想 |
[13:13] | Well, I’m a grown man. | 我是个成年人了 |
[13:14] | – I can eat my food without any assistance. – I know that. | -我能自己吃饭 不需要别人帮忙 -我知道 |
[13:18] | Do you? ‘Cause you’re treating me like a child, | 你真的知道吗 你一直像对待一个小孩子一样对待我 |
[13:21] | and there’s only one woman who’s allowed to treat me like a child. | 这世界上只有一个女人能像对小孩一样对待我 |
[13:24] | And you can’t replace her. She’s not a snow tire. | 你不能取代她 她又不是可以换的雪地轮胎 |
[13:27] | Norman, buddy. Take it easy. | 诺曼 伙计 放轻松 |
[13:30] | You stay out of this. It’s all your fault! | 你别管这事儿 这都是你的错 |
[13:32] | What did I do? | 我又做错了什么 |
[13:33] | When I told you that this one was hot to trot, | 我告诉过你这位女士饥渴难耐 |
[13:37] | you encouraged it! | 但你还鼓励我做这个 |
[13:39] | Hot to trot? | 饥渴难耐 |
[13:43] | I thought you were a nice man, and I felt sorry for you! | 我以为你是个好人 我只是很同情你 |
[13:52] | I’ll… I’ll go with her. | 我…我跟过去看看她 |
[13:58] | Don’t look at me, pal, all right? | 别这么看我好吗 伙计 |
[14:01] | I’m done with you. | 我也不奉陪了 |
[14:15] | Oh, Jesus! | 老天 |
[14:16] | You’re right, it’s fun. | 你是对的 这很好玩 |
[14:17] | I’m in no mood, Eileen. | 我现在没有心情 艾琳 |
[14:20] | First thing in the morning, | 明天起床第一件事 |
[14:21] | you have to call Dianne and apologize. | 你要给黛安娜打电话道歉 |
[14:23] | For what? I was defending your memory. | 为什么 我只是在保护我们之间的回忆 |
[14:25] | You never went to any trouble for my memory. | 你可从来没有这么保护过我们之间的回忆 |
[14:27] | Ma? | 妈妈 |
[14:28] | Oh, I don’t blame you, darling. I blame this one. | 我不是在怪你 亲爱的 我是在怪她 |
[14:31] | Shirley, do me a favor, stay out of it. | 雪莉 帮帮忙 别管这事儿 |
[14:33] | I stayed out of it, and look what happened. | 我之前就没管 现在变成什么样了 |
[14:35] | You turned him into your personal footstool. | 你把他变成了对你俯首帖耳的妻奴 |
[14:37] | He was emasculated long before I got him. | 他在认识我之前就没什么男子气概好吗 |
[14:40] | Take your hands out of your pants! | 把你的手从裤子上拿开 |
[14:45] | Grandma? | 外婆 |
[14:46] | What did I tell you about touching your penis? | 我是怎么告诉你不要动你的裤裆的 |
[14:51] | You wanna know why he’s a mess? | 你想知道他为什么一团糟吗 |
[14:52] | Right there. Weekends and holidays. | 就是因为她 周末和节假日 |
[14:55] | – God only knows what went on at her house. – Okay. | -谁知道去她家的时候她都教了他什么 -好吧 |
[14:56] | – Everybody needs to stop talking! – And why was he there? | -所有人都闭嘴 -为什么他会去那里呢 |
[14:59] | Because you were out all night having a grand old time! | 因为你那时候整夜不在家都去享乐了 |
[15:01] | – Enough! – I was a young widow. | -够了 -我那时是个年轻的寡妇 |
[15:03] | I deserved to have a life! | 我总得有自己的人生吧 |
[15:04] | Schtupping Italian boys? Some life! | 和意大利小男孩鬼混 多好的生活 |
[15:07] | Stop! | 停下吧 |
[15:09] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 现在我们这么做 |
[15:10] | You go back to Minsk, and you go back to Delancey Street. | 你回你的明斯克 而你回你的地兰西街 |
[15:14] | Be quiet! | 安静点 |
[15:17] | I deserve to have a life! | 我总得有自己的人生吧 |
[15:19] | You turned him into your personal footstool. | 你把他变成了对你俯首帖耳的妻奴 |
[15:21] | I blame this one! | 我责怪她 |
[15:22] | Schtupping Italian boys? | 和意大利小男孩鬼混 |
[15:25] | You want to know why he’s a mess? | 你想知道他为什么一团糟吗 |
[15:28] | Hey, Lisa, can we talk about something? | 丽萨 我们能聊聊吗 |
[15:32] | Sounds ominous. | 听起来不是好事 |
[15:33] | It’s just I’ve got this ethical dilemma I need your help with. | 我现在有个道德上的难题需要你来帮忙 |
[15:37] | Okay. Mm? | 好吧 什么难题 |
[15:41] | You know, I’ve always had this strict policy about dating students. | 你知道的 我对于和自己的学生约会有很严格的规定 |
[15:45] | And I really thought you asking me out | 我一直觉得因为是你主动约我出来 |
[15:47] | somehow made it okay to break that rule. | 某种程度来说给了我打破规定的借口 |
[15:51] | Now you’re having second thoughts? | 你是改主意了吗 |
[15:54] | Well… | 也不是… |
[15:55] | After you just had sex with me? | 就在你刚刚和我上完床这个点 |
[15:57] | I realize my timing is not ideal. | 确实这个时间点有点不合适 |
[16:00] | But it’s just that the other students are starting to talk… | 只是其他学生们开始闲言碎语… |
[16:03] | and it’s becoming a problem. | 这会是个问题 |
[16:06] | I can see that. | 我了解了 |
[16:08] | So, what do you think we should do? | 你觉得我们应该怎么做呢 |
[16:11] | I think we’ve gotta make a choice. | 我觉得我们需要做个选择 |
[16:14] | I can’t be both your teacher and your… | 我不能又当你的老师 还当你的… |
[16:20] | Oh, just say it. | 你直说吧 |
[16:21] | Your lover. | 还当你的爱人 |
[16:24] | So, is this your choice or mine? | 所以是你要做选择呢 还是要我来 |
[16:28] | Well, it’s both. I think it’s both our choice. Yeah. | 我认为我们俩都要做选择 |
[16:31] | Of course, I can’t stop teaching. | 当然了 我不能不再授课 |
[16:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:35] | Well, I don’t wanna make you uncomfortable, | 我不想让你觉得不舒服 |
[16:39] | so I am just going to choose to be your student. | 所以我会选择做你的学生 |
[16:45] | – Oh. – Yeah. | -这样啊 -是啊 |
[16:46] | – I mean, it’s a no-brainer, really. Yeah. – Okay. Yeah. | -这都不用想 真的 -好吧 |
[16:49] | Uh, you know, ’cause you are a really good acting coach. | 因为你是个很好的表演指导 |
[16:55] | – Thank you. – Yeah. | -谢谢你 -是啊 |
[16:57] | Best I ever had. | 我遇到过的最好的 |
[17:01] | But… What about, you know, all of this, um… | 但是…我们这里的这些事情… |
[17:05] | this here? | 这里的事情 |
[17:08] | Uh… Oh, it’s fine. | 没关系的 |
[17:10] | Just… you’re a really good acting teacher. | 你真是个很好的表演老师 |
[17:17] | Okay. All right. | 好吧 |
[17:19] | Well, I guess, uh… | 我猜… |
[17:21] | – we’re done talking about this? – I am! | -我们算是谈完了吗 -我反正谈完了 |
[17:37] | Hello? | 你好 |
[17:37] | You have a collect call from… | 你有一通付费电话 来自… |
[17:39] | – Norman. – To accept, say yes. | -诺曼 -接听请说”确认” |
[17:41] | Yes. | 确认 |
[17:43] | – Norman? – Sandy? | -诺曼 -桑迪 |
[17:45] | Norman, why are you calling collect? | 诺曼 你怎么会用付费电话给我打电话 |
[17:47] | I’m at a Shell station. There’s a mini-mart, but it’s closed. | 我在加油站 这儿有一个小超市 但是已经关门了 |
[17:51] | What are you doing at a Shell station? | 你在加油站干嘛呢 |
[17:54] | There were too many people at my house. | 我家里有太多人了 |
[17:56] | – Now? Who? – It’s my own fault. | -现在吗 都有谁 -都是我自己的错 |
[17:58] | You talk to one ghost, and | 你和一个鬼魂说了话 然后 |
[17:59] | suddenly you’re in a Yiddish version of Macbeth. | 突然之间你就身处在了犹太人版的《麦克白》 |
[18:03] | You’re not making any sense, Norman. Are you still drinking? | 你讲的话我根本听不懂 你是不是还在喝酒 |
[18:05] | Go away, Ma! Go back to Tony! | 走远点 妈 你去找托尼好吗 |
[18:08] | Mom? To… What are you talkin’ about? | 妈 你在说谁呢 |
[18:12] | Norman? | 诺曼 |
[18:13] | Hello? | 你在听吗 |
[18:20] | Norman? | 诺曼 |
[18:23] | Norman? | 诺曼 |
[18:24] | Looking for your dog? | 你在找你的狗吗 |
[18:26] | No, my agent. | 不 是我的经纪人 |
[18:29] | Norman? | 诺曼 |
[18:31] | Norman? | 诺曼 |
[18:42] | Everything all right, sir? | 一切都还好吗 先生 |
[18:46] | No. | 不好 |
[18:48] | Everything is not all right. | 一切都不好 |
[18:51] | I outlived my wife. | 我比我妻子活得长 |
[18:54] | That was not part of the plan. | 计划不应该是这样的 |
[18:56] | I was supposed to go first! | 我应该要比她先死才对 |
[19:08] | Hey, did you seen an old man walkin’ around down here? | 你有没有看到一个老头在这附近闲逛 |
[19:11] | Was he wearing a bathrobe and pajamas? | 他是不是穿着浴袍和睡衣 |
[19:13] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道 可能吧 |
[19:14] | The cops picked him up over on Vine. | 警察把他从藤街那里带走了 |
[19:17] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢你了 |
[19:18] | Hey, you want a blow job? | 你想不想来一发 |
[19:20] | Just got one! | 刚刚来过了 |
[19:31] | Have you been kissing a co-worker? | 你是不是和哪个同事亲嘴了 |
[19:33] | What? | 什么 |
[19:34] | I only ask because you smell like Old Spice. | 我这么问是因为你闻起来有「老香料」的味道 |
[19:34] | 宝洁旗下男性美容产品 宣传语为”闻起来像个男人” | |
[19:37] | Go home. | 快回家吧 |
[19:43] | Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢你 警官 |
[19:44] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[19:45] | I’m okay. | 我还好 |
[19:48] | Oh, I’m so glad you found him! | 你找到他了真好 |
[19:55] | You wanna tell me what’s going on? | 你想聊聊发生了什么吗 |
[19:58] | Nothing’s going on. | 没发生什么 |
[19:59] | I had too much to drink, and I took a walk to clear my head. | 我喝太多了 所以我出去走走让脑子清醒点 |
[20:04] | Fine, don’t tell me. | 好吧 那你就别告诉我 |
[20:08] | I think maybe I’m losing my mind. | 我觉得我可能是要疯了 |
[20:11] | You’re not losing your mind. | 你没有疯 |
[20:13] | Oh, like you know. | 你知道个什么 |
[20:15] | You’ve just been through the fucking wringer. | 你只是正在经历一些磋磨罢了 |
[20:17] | Your wife died. | 你的妻子去世了 |
[20:19] | Your daughter’s back in rehab for the umpteenth time, and… | 你女儿无数次出入戒瘾所 而且… |
[20:23] | I don’t know if this needs to be said out loud, | 我不知道你是不是不清楚 |
[20:26] | but you’re also like a thousand years old. | 但是你也得有一千多岁了 |
[20:30] | I thought I was angry… | 我以为我是在生气… |
[20:32] | but the truth is… | 但事实是… |
[20:34] | I’m scared. | 我在害怕 |
[20:37] | I’m scared all the time. | 一直以来我都很害怕 |
[20:46] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[20:48] | We’re all scared, and you know why? | 我们都会害怕的 你知道为什么吗 |
[20:51] | Because it’s a scary fuckin’ world. | 因为这个世界本身就他妈的让人害怕 |
[20:54] | But we get through it because we’re not alone. You’re not alone. | 但我们会熬过这一切的 因为我们不是孤身一人 你不是一个人 |
[20:59] | Who do I have? | 我有谁呢 |
[21:00] | Me, you dumb shit! | 我啊 你这个老傻缺 |
[21:03] | Can you see me? | 你看不到我吗 |
[21:05] | I’m right here in front of you. | 我就在你面前啊 |
[21:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[21:14] | Hello there. | 看得到吗 |
[21:16] | I see you. | 我看到你了 |
[21:18] | You see me? | 你看到我了吗 |
[21:26] | Can you keep a secret? | 你能保守秘密吗 |
[21:28] | Sure. | 当然 |
[21:32] | That’s the Kominsky Method. | 这就是柯明斯基理论 |
[21:42] | I’ve decided, if I’m gonna continue with this whole living business, | 我决定了 如果我真的非要继续活下去的话 |
[21:46] | – I have to get some answers. – What do you mean, answers? | -我需要一些答案 -什么意思 答案 |
[21:48] | Answers to what? | 什么的答案 |
[21:50] | The big questions. Who am I? | 那些高深的问题 我是谁 |
[21:52] | Why am I here? | 我为何在这里 |
[21:54] | Hoo, boy. | 我的天 |
[21:55] | There has to be a deeper meaning. | 一定有什么更深层次的意义 |
[21:57] | Money doesn’t matter anymore. | 钱已经不再重要了 |
[21:59] | Sex doesn’t matter. | 性也不重要了 |
[22:01] | I think I gotta disagree with you on that last one. | 我不大同意你的说的最后一个观点 |
[22:05] | Oh, please. At this point, you’re probably shooting sawdust. | 拜托 现在你能射出来的最多是木屑 |
[22:08] | I’m taking Flomax. There’s no shooting. | 我在吃坦索罗新 根本射不出来 |
[22:12] | So, where are you thinking of finding these answers? | 那你打算怎么去寻找这些答案呢 |
[22:15] | Are you going to get religion? | 通过宗教吗 |
[22:18] | I’ve considered it. | 我考虑过了 |
[22:20] | I like traditions, | 我喜欢那些传说 |
[22:22] | ancient languages, ritual. | 古老的语言 仪式什么的 |
[22:25] | – But? – The whole God thing puts me off. | -但是 -关于上帝的那些事让我不喜欢 |
[22:29] | Okay. All right, well, what about helping other people? | 好吧 那帮助他人呢 |
[22:32] | Isn’t that a good reason to keep going? | 这是个继续活下去的好支柱啊 |
[22:35] | Maybe. | 可能吧 |
[22:37] | It’s just so hard to like other people. | 只是我一般不喜欢什么人 |
[22:40] | Family? | 家人呢 |
[22:42] | Ditto. | 同上 |
[22:44] | Okay. Well, we don’t have to figure it out tonight. | 好了 我们不需要今天晚上就找到答案 |
[22:47] | You’ve got some time. | 你有很多时间 |
[22:48] | Do I? | 我有吗 |
[22:50] | I’m just trying to be nice, Norman. | 我只是想友善点 诺曼 |
[22:52] | Nice. | 友善 |
[22:54] | Maybe life has no meaning, and the best we can hope for is… | 可能生活本来就没有什么意义 我们能做到最好的就是… |
[22:58] | just being nice. | 友善对待身边的一切 |
[23:00] | In which case, you’ve got your work cut out for you. | 这样的话 你任务艰巨 |
[23:04] | You going home? | 你要回家了吗 |
[23:06] | Why? You want me to stay? | 怎么 你希望我留下来吗 |
[23:09] | Unless you have to get back to isa. | 除非你需要回去找丽萨 |
[23:12] | No. No. | 不 我不需要 |
[23:13] | She’s okay. | 她一个人可以的 |
[23:14] | I’m glad you found her. | 我很高兴你遇到了她 |
[23:16] | A man your age shouldn’t be alone. It’s not natural. | 你这个年纪的男人不应该孤单一人 这不正常 |
[23:19] | We’ve been through this. I’m not alone. I’ve got you. | 我们之前已经说过了 我不是孤单一人 我有你 |
[23:22] | Babe. | 宝贝 |
[23:24] | Remember that song? | 记得那首歌吗 |
[23:25] | Sure, Sonny & Cher. | 当然 桑尼和雪儿 |
[23:25] | 美国女歌手 桑尼是她第一任丈夫 | |
[23:27] | Strange couple. | 奇怪的一对 |
[23:29] | I wonder what kind of hold he had over her. | 我想知道他怎么管得住她 |
[23:33] | Good night, Norman. | 晚安 诺曼 |
[23:35] | Good night, Gracie. | 晚安 格蕾丝 |
[23:45] | *I got you to hold my hand* | *我有你握住我的手* |
[23:48] | *I got you to understand* | *我有你理解我的全部* |
[23:51] | *I got you to walk with me* | *我有你陪我漫步春夏秋冬* |
[23:54] | *I got you to talk with me* | *我有你与我谈天说地* |
[23:58] | *I got you to kiss good night* | *我有你吻我送上晚安* |
[24:01] | *I got you to hold me tight* | *我有你紧紧抱我* |
[24:04] | *I got you* | *我有你在我的身边* |
[24:06] | *I won’t let go* | *我不会让你走* |
[24:07] | *I got you to love me so* | *我有如此爱我的你* |
[24:17] | *I got you, babe* | *我有你在我的身边 宝贝* |
[24:25] | *I got you, babe* | *我有你 宝贝* |
[24:28] | *I got you, babe* | *我有你 宝贝* |
[24:32] | *I got you, babe* | *我有你 宝贝* |