时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:51] | 1×02 : Diversity Day by belkiss & unfold | 多样性日 |
[00:57] | – Hey ya, may I help you on here ? – I’m all set thank you. | 嘿 要我帮忙吗 谢谢 我都准备好了 |
[01:01] | Good, I *go with the rows*. That’s a good idea. | 很好 被骂出来了 感觉不错 |
[01:04] | Today is diversity day, | 今天是多样性日 |
[01:06] | and someone is going to come in and talk to us about diversity, | 今天是多样性日 有人要来跟我们聊聊多样性 |
[01:08] | something that I’ve been pushing, | 这件事我一直在推动 |
[01:11] | that I’ve been wanting to push for a long time, and corporate mandated it, | 也是长久以来我自愿做的 同时也是公司规定 |
[01:15] | I never actually talked to corporate about it, | 其实我并没跟公司谈过 |
[01:17] | they kind of beat me with the punch, | 他们很想揍我一顿 |
[01:20] | those bastards ! | 那些家伙 |
[01:22] | But I was going to, and I think it’s very important that we have this, | 那些家伙 但我会的 对我们来说这很重要 |
[01:28] | I’m very very excited. | 我非常的兴奋 |
[01:31] | That’s the thing, it’s a very sturdy paper, | 就是这个 一种结实耐用的纸 |
[01:33] | and on the back it says : 100% post customer contempt. | 背面印着 用户满意率100% |
[01:37] | What ? Hello, haha, wait what ? | 什么 喂 什么 |
[01:43] | I’m sorry mister Decker, I think I’m losing you. | 对不起 Decker先生 我没听清 |
[01:48] | Hello ? Hello ? Yeah, hold on one sec, hold on one second. | 喂 喂 请稍等一下 |
[01:54] | – Do you really have to do that right now ? – Yes I do. | 你一定要现在弄那东西吗 是的 |
[01:57] | I should have done this weeks ago actually. | 其实我几周前就应该做的 |
[01:59] | Mister Decker, I’m sorry about that, would you wait one second ? | 其实我几周前就应该做的 不好意思 Decker先生 等我一下好吗 |
[02:04] | Yeah, just one second. Thanks. | 就一秒钟 谢谢 |
[02:09] | Hello ? That’s it, perfect. So what I was saying was… hello ? | 喂 好了 非常清楚 我刚才说… 喂 |
[02:19] | – Thanks Dwight. – “Retaliation”. Tit for tit. | – 谢谢Dwight – 报复而已 以牙还牙 |
[02:23] | – That is not the expression. – Well that should be. | – 不是那么说的 – 应该是的 |
[02:33] | This is my bigger sale of the year. | 这是我一年中较大的一宗业务 |
[02:35] | They love me over there, for some reason, I’m not really sure why, | 不知为何 那儿的人都喜欢我 |
[02:39] | but you know I make one call over there, every year, just to renew their account. | 每年我给客户打一个电话 更新他们的帐户 |
[02:43] | And that one call ends up being 25% of my commission, for the whole year. | 打一个电话就完成了 我全年任务的25% |
[02:47] | So you know, I buy a mini bottle of champagne, and celebrate. | 所以我买了一小瓶香槟庆祝 |
[02:51] | And this year, I’m pushing recycle paper on them, for one percent more. | 今年我在推销可再生纸 超额1%完成 |
[02:57] | I know, getting cocky right. | 有点骄傲了 我知道 |
[03:07] | – Solitaire ? – Yeah, free cell. | – 纸牌吗 – 是 接龙 |
[03:11] | – A 6 on 7. – I know, I saw that. | – 6放7上 – 我看见了 |
[03:14] | – So then why didn’t you do it ? – I’m saving that, | – 那你怎么不放 – 我留着呢 |
[03:17] | – cause I like it when the cards go… – Who doesn’t love that ? | – 我喜欢听发牌的声音 – 谁不喜欢呢 |
[03:32] | – Hey ! Oscar, how you doing man ? – All right. | – 嘿 Oscar 你怎样 – 很好 |
[03:36] | A good week end going there ? | 周末玩儿得好吗 |
[03:39] | – It was fun. – Oh yeah bet it was fun | – 很好 – 一定不错 |
[03:43] | – Oh hey ! This is Oscar. – Martinez. | – 哦 这是Oscar |
[03:47] | – See, I didn’t even know, first thing basis. – We’re all set. | – 我甚至不知道要先打群众基础 – 我们可以开始了 |
[03:50] | Oh hey, diversity everybody let’s do it. | 来吧大家 一起聊聊多样性 |
[03:54] | Oscar works in here. | Oscar在这儿工作 |
[03:56] | – Jim can you rapid up please ? – Yeah. | Oscar在这儿工作 你能快点吗Jim |
[04:00] | It’s diversity day Jim, | 今天是多样性日 Jim |
[04:02] | wish everyday was diversity day. | 今天是多样性日 Jim 真希望每天都是多样性日 |
[04:04] | You know what, I’m actually gonna have to call you back. | 我得待会儿再给你打电话 |
[04:07] | Thank you, sorry about that. | 不好意思 |
[04:12] | – Thank you – Get in the cars ! Get in the car ! | – 谢谢 – 来吧 一起来吧 |
[04:16] | – Thank you. Thank you very much. | – 非常感谢 |
[04:18] | Ok thanks for filling these, I promise this will be quick. | 内容不多 麻烦填一下 |
[04:21] | At diversity today our philosophy is about honesty and positive expectations, | 在多样性日这一天我们的宗旨是 诚实正直和积极生活 |
[04:27] | we believe that 99% of the problems in the workplace arise simply out of ignorance. | 我们确信发生在办公室的矛盾 99%都是出于无知 |
[04:33] | You know what ? This is a color free zone here. | 在这儿没有肤色问题 |
[04:36] | Stanley, I don’t look at you as another race. | Stanley 我没把你当其他种族看待 |
[04:38] | See, this is what I’m talking about, we don’t have to pretend that we’re colorblind. | 这就是我要说的 我们不必假装是无肤色偏见的 |
[04:43] | – Exactly. We’re not colorblinds. – That’s fighting ignorance with – With intolerance. | – 不错 我们不是色盲 – 那是错上加… 加上狭隘 |
[04:47] | No, with more ignorance. Right exactly. Instead we need to celebrate our diversity. | 不 错上加错 正相反我们要赞美多样性 |
[04:53] | Let’s celebrate. | 一起赞美吧 |
[04:54] | “Celebrate good times. Come on !” Let’s celebrate diversity right ? | 一起赞美吧 来吧 一起赞美多样性吧 |
[04:59] | Yes, exactly. Now, here’s what we’re gonna do, I’ve noticed that uh… | 完全正确 我们要做的是… 我发现 |
[05:03] | You know what, here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们要做的是 |
[05:05] | What if we go around and everybody, everybody, | 我们要做的是 我们逐个的 |
[05:10] | say a race that you are attracted to sexually, I will go last. Go. | 说出一个吸引你的种族 我最后说 开始 |
[05:15] | I have two. White and Indian. | 我有两个 白人和印第安人 |
[05:18] | Actually I prefer not to start that way. | 我觉得不要这样 |
[05:20] | Michael I would love to have your permission to run this session, can I have your permission ? | Michael 请允许我主持这次活动 可以吗 |
[05:25] | – Yes. – Thank you very much. | – 好吧 – 非常感谢 |
[05:27] | And it would also help me if you were seated. | – 好吧 – 非常感谢 最好你能坐下来 |
[05:29] | Thank you. Ok. | – 好 – 谢谢 |
[05:32] | Now, at the start of the session I had you write down an incident | 首先请你写出一个 |
[05:36] | that you found offensive in the workplace. | 在工作场所让你感到不快的事 |
[05:38] | – Now what I’m gonna do is choose one and we’re gonna act like… – A few other ground rules ? | – 我从中挑出一个然后… – 还有别的要求吗 |
[05:41] | Why don’t you run it by me and I run it by him ? | 你何不先问我 然后由我来问他 |
[05:44] | OK. Can we steer away from gay people ? | 我们能不提同性恋者吗 |
[05:47] | I’m sorry it’s an orientation, it’s not a race. | 那涉及到取向而不是种族问题 |
[05:50] | Plus a lot of other racists are also intolerant at gays so, | 可有的种族主义者 也不能容忍同性恋 |
[05:54] | paradox. | 有点说不通 |
[05:55] | Well we only have an hour. | 有点说不通 我们只有一小时 |
[05:58] | – Why don’t we just refer to Mr. uh ? – Mr. brown. | – 就听他的好了… 先生 – Brown先生 |
[06:02] | Oh all right ! ok ! | 哦 是嘛 |
[06:04] | First test, I will not call you that ! | 你在考验我 我不会那么称呼你的 (Brown也表示褐色肤色) |
[06:06] | Well it’s my name it’s not a test, ok ? | 我就是叫Brown 不是在考验你 |
[06:10] | So. Looking few cards I’ve noticed that many of you wrote down the same incident, | 我只看了几张 很有讽刺意味的是 |
[06:13] | which is ironic, | 很多人都写了同一件事 |
[06:14] | because it’s the exact incident I was brought in here to respond to. | 很多人都写了同一件事 因为这正是我来这儿的原因 |
[06:17] | Now how many of you are familiar with the Chris Rock routine ? | 你们谁熟悉Chris Rock的剧目 (黑人喜剧演员第77届奥斯卡主持) |
[06:23] | Very good, ok. | 很好 |
[06:25] | How come Chris rock can do a routine, | 为什么Chris Rock的剧目 |
[06:29] | and everybody finds it hilarious, and ground breaking, | 能让人笑得引发地震 |
[06:32] | and I go into the exact same routine, same comedy timing, | 而我做同样的事 |
[06:36] | and people file a complaint to corporate ? | 大家却向公司投诉 |
[06:39] | Is it because I’m white, and Chris is black ? | 因为我是白人而Chris是黑人 |
[06:44] | So we’re gonna reenact this with a more positive outcome. | 那么我们来以积极的 结局重演一下 |
[06:47] | I will play the Chris rock guy ! | 我来演Chris Rock |
[06:50] | I would like to see someone else pull this off. | 我想看看别人是怎么演的 |
[06:51] | Oh let’s have someone who wasn’t involve in the reenactment ? | 我想看看别人是怎么演的 请没参与过重演的人来 |
[06:54] | Ok, I will play guy listening. | 那么我演倾听者 |
[06:57] | Great, guy listening. | 很好 倾听者 |
[06:59] | – Ok anyone else remember ? – I remember. | 很好 倾听者 – 有人记得台词吗 – 我记得 |
[07:01] | Great you’re the Chris rock guy and you’re the guy listening. | 你是Chris rock 你是那个听者 |
[07:05] | Kevin is a great guy, | Kevin是个不错的人 |
[07:07] | he’s a great accountant, he is not much of an entertainer. | 他是个好会计 但不擅于表演 |
[07:10] | Basically, there are two types of black people. | 黑人基本上分两种 |
[07:14] | And black people are actually more racists, | 实际上黑人更是种族主义者 |
[07:17] | because they hate the other type of black people. | 因为他们讨厌另一类黑人 |
[07:20] | Every time the one type wants to have a good time, | 每次这一伙儿准备快乐一下 |
[07:24] | then the other type comes in and makes a real mess. | 那一伙儿总会跳出来 搞得一团糟 |
[07:27] | Ok I’m sorry, I’m sorry he’s ruining, he’s butchering it, could you just let me… | 对不起 他在糟蹋东西 能让我… |
[07:33] | Every time, every time black people want to have a good time, | 每次 每次黑人想要痛快一下 |
[07:37] | some biiiip ass biiiip, I take care of my kids ! | 一些白痴的家伙 我却在照顾孩子 |
[07:42] | … always want credit for something they’re supposed to do ! | 总想为份内的事得到称赞 |
[07:46] | Stop it ! | 别说了 |
[07:52] | What do you want ? Cookie ? | 你想来点什么 饼干 |
[07:59] | Now this is a simple acronym, H.E.R.O. | 这是一个简单的首字母缩略字 H.E.R.O(英雄) |
[08:02] | At diversity today we believe it’s very easy to be a hero. | 在充满多样性的今天 做一个英雄并不难 |
[08:06] | All you need are Honesty, Empathy, Respect and Open mindedness. | 你需要具备的是诚实正直 真心交流 相互尊重和开放思想 |
[08:10] | – Excuse me ? I’m sorry but that’s not all it takes to be a hero. – Oh great, what is a hero to you ? | – 打扰一下 那还不能被称为英雄 – 对你来说什么是英雄 |
[08:16] | A hero kills people. People that wish him harm. | 英雄是要杀人的 杀伤害到他的人 |
[08:19] | Ok. | 好 |
[08:19] | A hero is part human, part supernatural, | 好 英雄半人半神 |
[08:22] | a hero is born out of a child with trauma, or out of a disaster, | 英雄在创伤和灾难中长大 |
[08:27] | that must be avenged. | 有一颗复仇的心 |
[08:31] | – Ok, you’re thinking of a superhero. – We all have a hero in our heart. | – 你是在构思一个超级英雄 – 每个人内心都有一个英雄 |
[08:37] | Now I need you to take these forms, | 请拿好这些表格 |
[08:40] | this is the kind of expresses the joint experience we had today. | 上面表述了我们今天的共同体验 |
[08:44] | and I want you to look them over and sign them, as a kind of a group pledge. | 请你们仔细看一遍 作为集体宣言在上面签名 |
[08:52] | I don’t think I can sign this. | 我不能签名 |
[08:54] | I can’t leave until you do. | 你不签我不能走 |
[08:57] | It says here that I’ve learned something, | 上面说我学到了一些东西 |
[08:58] | and I knew all this stuff already so… | 上面说我学到了一些东西 可我早就知道这些 |
[09:02] | You know I could sign something that says that I taught something | 如果说是我教的我可以签名 |
[09:05] | or that I helped you teach something so, Pam, where’s she ? | 或是我帮你教 Pam在哪儿 |
[09:09] | – Pam could we change something on this ? – Michael can I talk to you candidly ? | – Pam 过来改点东西 – Michael 我能跟你直说了吗 |
[09:15] | – Sure. – We both know that I’m here because of the comments that you’ve made. | – 当然 – 我来这儿就是因为你的言论 |
[09:19] | Here’s the thing, this office, I think it’s very advanced, | 我认为这间办公室 |
[09:23] | in terms of racial awareness. | 在种族意识方面是非常开明的 |
[09:28] | And it’s probably more advanced than you’re used to. | 或许比你了解的要开明得多 |
[09:31] | – That’s probably throwing you off. – It’s not throwing me, I need your signature. | – 可能让你很难堪吧 – 没有 我需要你的签名 |
[09:35] | – Ok I know you told me that, several times. – Yes, but you’re not listening to me, | – 你跟我说过的 不只一次 – 但你并没听我的 |
[09:39] | – yours is the only signature I need. – Oh ok. | – 我只需要你的签名 – 好 |
[09:42] | Those are my instructions from the corporate offices | 公司给我的指示是 |
[09:44] | is to put your through this seminar, for the comments that you made, | 因你的那些言论而组织这次讨论 |
[09:48] | and the only reason why I made copies for everyone was that you wouldn’t be embarrassed. | 而我给了每个人一份材料是 不想让你太难堪 |
[09:58] | Well here I am thinking that you actually cared about diversity training, | 我在想你是否真的 对多样性培训很关心 |
[10:04] | and you don’t. | 然而你没有 |
[10:06] | – Don’t worry about dating. – I won’t. | 然而你没有 – 不用写日期了 – 不会写的 |
[10:13] | – Ok thank you. – Yep. | – 谢谢 – 好 |
[10:20] | I regret my actions, I regret offending my co-workers. | 我为我的行为道歉 为冒犯同事道歉 |
[10:23] | I pledge to bring my best spirit of honesty, empathy, respect and open-mindedness, | 我保证把诚实正直 真心交流 相互尊重和开放思想… |
[10:29] | openmindedness is that a word ? | 有这个词吗 |
[10:31] | Into the workplace, in this way I can truly be a hero. | 带入工作场所 这样我才能真正成为一个英雄 |
[10:35] | Signed, daffy duck. | 签名 Daffy Duck (达菲鸭 华纳兄弟公司动画人物) |
[10:44] | He’s gonna lose it when he reads that. | 他看到这个会疯了的 |
[10:47] | Hi, is Mr. Decker around ? | Decker先生在吗 |
[10:49] | Oh well could you just have him call me after lunch ? Thank you. | 让他午饭后给我回电话好吗 谢谢 |
[10:55] | I pledge to always keep an open mind and an open heart. | 我宣誓保有开放的思想和心胸 |
[11:12] | I do believe in that part of the pledge that I just read, | 我相信刚才读的那段誓言 |
[11:16] | but a pledge, come on, who are we ? The girls scouts ? No. | 但是 去他的吧 我们是什么人 女童子军吗 我们之间有眼神的交流吗 |
[11:21] | Look, the, the guy Mister brown, he got us half way there, he got us talking. | 那个Brown先生 他半途而废 他让我们开口讨论 |
[11:27] | Well no, I got us talking. It got us nothing, | 哦不 是我让你们开口的 我们什么都没学到 |
[11:30] | he insulted us and he abandoned us. | 他始乱终弃 |
[11:33] | You call that diversity training ? I don’t. | 那叫多样化培训吗 我不这么想 |
[11:36] | Were there any connections between any of us ? | 我们之间有交流吗 |
[11:38] | Did anyone look each other in the eye, were there any emotion going on ? | 我们之间有眼神的交流吗 |
[11:43] | No ! Where was the heart, I didn’t see any heart, | 没有 感情在哪里 我没见到什么感情 |
[11:47] | where was my Oprah moment ? | 我的Oprah时刻在哪里 (全美最知名女性脱口秀主持人) |
[11:50] | Ok, get as much done as you can before lunch, because afterward, | 午饭之前尽量多做点事 因为随后 |
[11:56] | I’m gonna have you all in tears. | 我要让你们都哭出来 |
[12:11] | All right everybody pretty, come on, here we go, it’s time. Let’s do some good. | 好了来吧大家 都进来 我们来干点正事 |
[12:17] | Hey we are not all gonna seat in circle in it so are we ? | 我们不会是要坐成一圈吧 |
[12:21] | – Get out ! – I’m sorry. | – 出去 – 对不起 |
[12:24] | No this not a joke, ok ? | 我不是在开玩笑 |
[12:28] | It was offensive, and lame, so double offensive. | 你无理取闹且无知 是错上加错 |
[12:31] | This is an environment of welcoming and you should just get the hell out of here. | 这里不欢迎你 你最好给我出去 |
[12:39] | Ok let’s go, let’s do it come on let’s have some fun everybody. | 来吧我们开始吧 |
[12:43] | Here we go, take a seat, cop a squat, and thank you for coming in. | 感谢你们的参与 找位子坐下吧 |
[12:53] | Diversity… is the cornerstone of progress, as I’ve always said. | 正如我反复强调的 多样性是进步的基石 |
[13:01] | But don’t take my word for it. Let’s take a look at the tape. | 耳听为虚 眼见为实 |
[13:10] | Hi I’m Michael Scott, I’m in charge of Dundler Mifflin paper products | 我是Michael Scott 位于宾夕法尼亚州斯克兰顿市的 |
[13:13] | here in Scranton, Pennsylvania. | Dunder Mifflin纸业的主管 |
[13:15] | But I’m also the founder of diversity tomorrow, | 同时我也是多样性明日的创始人 |
[13:18] | because today is almost over. | 因为今天即将结束 |
[13:23] | Abraham Lincoln once said that if you’re a racist | 亚伯拉罕·林肯曾经说过 如果你是种族主义者 |
[13:27] | I will attack you with the north. | 我将会同北方人民一道与你为敌 |
[13:31] | And those are the principles that I carry with me in the workplace. | 这也是我在工作场所的信条 |
[13:39] | Ok, questions ? Comments ? Anybody, Jim ? | 问题 意见 |
[13:43] | – Uhh, is that it ? – Yes I only had an hour to put it together, | – 放完了吗 – 是的 我只有一小时 |
[13:46] | – but I’m gonna add onto it later on. – It was kind of hard to hear. | – 不过日后我会补拍的 – 什么都听不清 |
[13:50] | Uh yes that probably has something to do with the camera work. Anybody else ? | 大概是摄像机的问题 还有人发言吗 |
[13:56] | – I have a customer meeting. – Yeah well if you leave we’ll only have to… | – 我要见客户 – 呃 如果你走了 那这儿只剩下 |
[14:00] | Yes, enjoy, absolutely. “Namaste”. | 好 当然 Namaste(印度合十礼) |
[14:06] | Ok, well, since I am leading this | 既然是由我来主持 |
[14:08] | let’s get down to business, and why don’t I, just kind of introduce myself, ok ? | 那么我们进入正题吧 为何不先来个自我介绍 |
[14:14] | I am Michael, and I am part English, Irish, German, and Scottish, | 我叫Michael 我有英格兰 爱尔兰 德国和苏格兰血统 |
[14:22] | sort of a virtual United Nations. | 实际上可以说我是个联合国人 |
[14:26] | But what some of you might not know, is that I am also part native American Indian. | 你们当中或许有人不知道 我也有部分美洲印第安血统 |
[14:31] | What part, native American ? | 有多少 |
[14:34] | – 2/15th – That fraction doesn’t make any sense. | – 这个比例不成立 |
[14:37] | Well, you know what it’s kinda hard for me to talk about it. It’s suffering | 这会让我想起伤心事 我不想谈这个 |
[14:41] | So who else ? Let’s get it popping, come on. Whose gone ? | 还有谁 大家活跃起来 下一个谁来 |
[14:45] | Let’s go here, Oscar, right here, you’re on ! | Oscar 来吧 就是你 |
[14:49] | Ok Michael, both my parents were born in Mexico | 好吧 Michael 我父母生在墨西哥 |
[14:55] | and they moved to the united-states a year before I was born, | 在我出生前一年 他们搬到美国 |
[14:59] | so I grew up in the united states and my parents were Mexicans. | 所以我在美国长大 而我父母是墨西哥人 |
[15:05] | That is a great story, that’s the American dream right there, right ? | 说得多好 一个美国梦对吗 |
[15:09] | Thank you, yeah | 是的 谢谢 |
[15:11] | Let me ask you is there a term besides Mexican, that you prefer ? | 除了称之为墨西哥人 你还可以用别的措辞吗 |
[15:17] | Something less offensive ? | 不那么无礼的 |
[15:19] | – Mexican isn’t offensive ! – Well it has certain connotations. | – 墨西哥人不无礼 – 是有特定含义的 |
[15:23] | – Like what ? – Like… I don’t know | – 什么含义 – 比如… 我太清楚 |
[15:27] | – What connotations Michael ? – No… | – 什么特定含义 – 别… 别这样… |
[15:29] | – It must have been something – No, remember | – 什么特定含义 – 别… 别这样… – 一定有的 – 不 你要记得 |
[15:31] | – I’m just curious – Honesty, Empathy, Respect, | – 我很想知道 – 诚实正直 心灵沟通相互尊重 |
[15:36] | Jim ? | |
[15:39] | Hello ? | 喂 |
[15:43] | I have something here, I want you to take a card | 我这儿有一些卡片 每人拿一张 |
[15:45] | put it on you fore… don’t look at the card ! | 放在你的… 不要看 |
[15:48] | I want you to take the card, I want you to put it on you forehead and | 拿到卡片后把它放在你额头上 |
[15:52] | take a card, any card | 随便拿一张 |
[15:55] | and I want you to treat other people like the race | 请你根据别人额头卡片上的 |
[16:00] | that is on their forehead. So everybody has a different race | 种族来与对方相处 现在大家都属于不同的种族 |
[16:04] | nobody knows what their race is, so | 没人知道自己的 |
[16:09] | I want you to really go for it, cause this is real | 要求你们认真对待 |
[16:12] | you know this isn’t just an exercise this is real life and | 这不是一次活动 这是真实的生活 |
[16:15] | I have a dream that you all really let this spark fly | 我有一个梦想你们能积极一点 热烈一点(模仿马丁路德金演讲) |
[16:22] | get it done ! | 加油干吧 |
[16:24] | Why ? Because Martin Luther King is a hero of mine | 为什么这样 因为马丁路德金是 我的英雄 (黑人民权运动先行者) |
[16:26] | There’s this great Chris Rock bit about how streets named after Martin Luther King, | 这跟Chris Rock也有点关系 他提到以马丁路德金命名的街道 |
[16:31] | tend to be more violent. | 日后如何变得愈加暴力 |
[16:34] | I’m not gonna do it but it’s | 我不会那么做的 但… |
[16:37] | oh this is a good one | 哦这两个不错 |
[16:39] | – Hum, hi how are you ? – Fine, how are you ? | – 你好吗 – 很好 你呢 |
[16:42] | – Push it – Great | – 快点 – 很好 |
[16:45] | I admire your culture success in America. | 我很钦佩你在文化方面的成就 |
[16:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:52] | Come on ! Olympics of sufferings right here Slavery versus Holocaust, come on ! | 来吧 苦难奥运会开始了 奴隶制对战大屠杀 加油 |
[16:57] | – Whom am I supposed to be ? – It’s called role play | – 我是谁啊 – 角色扮演游戏 |
[16:59] | well, that was an invert, we didn’t actually plan that | 都是倒扣着的 不是刻意安排的 |
[17:03] | Lot’s of cultures eat rice, That doesn’t help me | 很多国家都吃米饭 这帮不上我 |
[17:07] | – Shalom, I’d like to apply for a loan. – That’s nice, Dwight. | – 您好 我想申请贷款 – 很好 Dwight |
[17:12] | OK, do me. Something stereotypical so I can get it really quick. | 给我来点成见 快让我知道我是谁吧 |
[17:15] | OK, I like your food. | 我喜欢你们的食品 |
[17:17] | Uh, Outback Steakhouse, I’m Australian, mate ! | Outback Steakhouse(澳洲风味 牛排店) 我是澳大利亚人 对吗 |
[17:19] | – No… – Pam…”I like your food”? | – 不是 – Pam 我喜欢你们的食品 |
[17:22] | No come on, stir the pot. Stir the melting pot, Pam ! | 不 来吧 Pam 尽情想象 |
[17:26] | Let’s do it, let’s get ugly, let’s get real. | 来吧 给他点颜色瞧瞧 玩儿点真的 |
[17:28] | OK, if I have to do this, | 如果我一定得这样做的话 |
[17:32] | based on stereotypes that are totally untrue, that I do not agree with, | 基于我一贯不赞同的成见 |
[17:36] | you would maybe not be a very good driver. | 你可能不会是个好司机 |
[17:39] | Aw man, am I a woman ? | 哦天呐 我是个女人 |
[17:42] | You’ll notice, I didn’t have anybody being Arab. | 可能你注意到了 没有阿拉伯人 |
[17:44] | I thought that would be too explosive, uh, no pun intended. | 我觉得那会火药味太浓 呃 我没有影射什么 |
[17:49] | But I just thought, “too soon” for Arabs. | 我只是觉得对阿拉伯人来说太快了 |
[17:52] | Maybe next year. You know, the ball’s in their court. | 或许明年 主动权在他们一方 |
[17:58] | – What’s you’re watching ? – Supershow | – 看什么呢 – 超级秀 |
[17:59] | – really ? – Yeah, I downloaded it on her computer | – 看什么呢 – 超级秀 – 是吗? – 是 我下到了她电脑上 |
[18:01] | – I hope she doesn’t mind, she has a lot of extra space. – No way ! I think she really likes this stuff | – 希望她不会介意 她电脑上还有空间 – 不会的 她也喜欢看 |
[18:07] | – she’s cute hein ? – Yeah, she’s engaged but | – 她很可爱吧 – 是 她订婚了可是 |
[18:11] | – oh, no, the girl on the… sketch – oh, yeah, she’s hot | – 哦不 这上面的女孩儿 – 哦是的 她很靓 |
[18:18] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[18:21] | – You wanna go to the beach ? – Sure. | – 你想去海滩转转吗 – 当然 |
[18:25] | – You wanna get high ? – No. | – 想爽吗 – 不 |
[18:29] | – I think you do, mon. – Stop it | – 我想你要 – 住嘴 |
[18:32] | you need to push it, you know you could go a little bit further | 你需要提高 你可以的 |
[18:41] | – Kelly, how are you ? – I’ve had one of the longest meeting I’ve ever… | – 你好吗 Kelly – 我刚和一个客户长谈过 |
[18:45] | Welcome to my convenient store. Would you like some gookie cookie ? | 欢迎光临本便利店 要来点gookie cookie吗 |
[18:49] | I have some very delicious gookie cookie, only 99 cents plus taxes | 我这儿有非常美味gookie cookie 一共只要99美分 |
[18:53] | try my gookie cookie | 尝我的吧 (gookie cookie是侮辱性的词汇) |
[19:08] | all right, yes | 很好 |
[19:14] | that was great, she gets it | 非常好 她懂了 |
[19:16] | now she knows what it’s like to be a minority. | 她知道作为少数族群是什么感受了 |
[19:25] | Mr. Decker, we didn’t lose your sell day do we ? Excellent, ok | Decker先生 我们能接着谈吗 太好了 |
[19:29] | Let me just get your… what’s that ? | 我们继续 什么 |
[19:34] | No we didn’t close last time… | 不 我们上次没谈完 |
[19:37] | I just need your… | 我只需要你的… |
[19:40] | oh, what code were you given | 你记的是什么号 |
[19:45] | oh ok | 哦好 |
[19:47] | yeah, no that’s actually another sells-man here, yeah, I can re-do it if you want to do that | 那是另一个销售员 我可以重做 |
[19:51] | oh he gave you discount ? No, I don’t blame you | 他给你打折了 不 我没有怪你 |
[19:55] | I just hated it when that guy was in here, | 我只是讨厌那个家伙 |
[19:57] | Mr. brown ? If that was his real name !? | Brown先生 如果那是他的真名 |
[20:01] | I mean, he had never met any of us before, and here he was telling us how to do our things | 我是说 他从未和我们打过交道 却让我们按他说的去做 |
[20:06] | I just wanted to do it our way, you know ? | 我只是想以我们的方式来做 明白吗 |
[20:12] | On our own | 我们自己来 |
[20:16] | man I should have gotten some food | 我不应该说那些吃的东西 |
[20:17] | – maybe some spaghetti – ok, Kevin you can take off that thing, ok ? | 我不应该说那些吃的东西 – 是意大利面吧 – Kevin你不用贴着它了 |
[20:23] | That would have really showed him up, wouldn’t it ? | 那让他很露脸 不是吗 |
[20:28] | I’ve brought some burritos, some color greens, some pad thai, love pad thai | 我提到了玉米煎饼 青菜 泰式炒面 我喜欢泰式炒面 |
[20:36] | it’s colored greens | 是 染绿的 |
[20:41] | doesn’t really make sense, cause you don’t call it colored people | 那无关紧要 因为你不会说染色人种 |
[20:44] | that’s offensive | 那很不友好 |
[20:49] | ok, it’s after five, so thank you very much | 五点多了 谢谢大家 |
[20:55] | Buena vista Oscar thank you | (西班牙语) |
[20:59] | good job oh my man ! | 辛苦了各位 |
[21:03] | Thank you brazil nice | 谢谢你巴西人 |
[21:18] | hey, we can go | 可以走了 |
[21:33] | not a bad day ! | 今天过得还算不错 |