时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:36] | Michael. | – 是你啊 |
[00:37] | D’oh! God! Dwight, come on! | Dwight 吓死我了 |
[00:39] | I wanted to talk to you about the downsizing– | 我想问一下裁员的事儿 |
[00:40] | There’s no downsizing.Ai’ight. | 没有消息说要裁员 |
[00:41] | But if there were, I’d be protected | 我说要是有的话 |
[00:43] | as Assistant Regional Manager? | 你能保住 我这个助理地区经理吗 |
[00:44] | Assistant to the Regional Manager, Dwight. | – 你是地区经理助理 |
[00:46] | Yeah, so I don’t have to worry, right? | – 对 那么我是不是不必担心呀 |
[00:47] | Look, look, look– | 听着 |
[00:48] | I talked to corporate | 我跟董事会谈过 想要保住销售职员 |
[00:50] | about protecting the sales staff, | 但他们说如果真要裁员的话 |
[00:51] | and they said they couldn’t guarantee it | |
[00:52] | if there’s downsizing, okay? | 他们也无法保证 |
[00:54] | But, there’s no downsizing, so just don’t– | 但是 这里不会有裁员 |
[00:56] | Bottom line– do I need to be worried? | 我的底线 我到底有没有危险 |
[00:58] | Mm mm mm…maybe. | 可能有 |
[01:01] | It looks like there’s gonna be downsizing. | 听说上面好像有要裁员的意思 |
[01:03] | And it’s part of my job, but…blech. | 当然这是我的份内活儿 但是 |
[01:07] | I hate it. | 我讨厌这么做 |
[01:08] | I think the main difference between me and Donald Trump | 我和Donald Trump最大的区别就是 (学徒的主持人 类似于绝对挑战) |
[01:11] | is that, uh, I get no pleasure out of saying the words, | 我从来都不乐意对别人说 |
[01:15] | “you’re fired.” | 你被解雇了 (Trump的口头禅) |
[01:16] | “You’re fired.” | 你被解雇了 |
[01:17] | “Uh, you’re fired.” | 你被解雇了 |
[01:20] | He just makes people sad, | 他这样做只会让令人伤心 管理办公室不能用他那一套 |
[01:21] | and an office can’t function that way. | 管理办公室不能用他那一套 |
[01:23] | No way. “You’re fired.” | 你不行 你被解雇了 |
[01:25] | I think if I had a catchphrase, | 我要有口头禅那肯定是 |
[01:27] | it would be, “You’re hired. | 你被录用了 |
[01:29] | And you can work here as long as you want.” | 想干多久都行 |
[01:31] | But, that’s unrealistic, so… | 不过这不现实 |
[01:37] | It’s a real shame. | 让人感到惭愧的是 研究显示工作人员大部分的时间 |
[01:38] | Because studies have shown that more information | 研究显示工作人员大部分的时间 |
[01:40] | gets passed through water cooler gossip | 都花在了喝水闲聊的工夫上 |
[01:42] | than through official memos. | |
[01:43] | Which puts me at a disadvantage because… | 这样一来我就很被动 |
[01:47] | I bring my own water to work. | 所以我只能自己从家带水 |
[01:49] | Why’d you do this? | – 你为什么要这么干 – 我没做什么呀 |
[01:51] | I didn’t do it. | 你想干什么啊 |
[01:52] | What do you mean? | 你想干什么啊 |
[01:54] | Oh, the water cooler was brought over here | 我把饮水机放在这里是为了… |
[01:56] | for…maintenance. | 保养它 |
[01:59] | So, what do you guys hear? | 你们又来干什么 |
[02:01] | What’s the scuttlebutt? | 不知道现在是上班时间么 |
[02:05] | Get set for Operation Morale Improvement– | 公司马上要开展提升 职业道德的活动 |
[02:09] | starring Michael Scott. | 我 Michael Scott得要做个表率 |
[02:11] | Now, I think I’ve had a little stroke of genius, | 于是我灵机一动 |
[02:13] | in that I have had my assistant Pam– | 请来了我的助手 Pam |
[02:15] | Smile, Pam. | 笑一个 |
[02:17] | I have had her go out and find out whose birthday | Pam 我让她去统计谁的生日快到了 |
[02:19] | is coming up, | 然后我们就可以 |
[02:21] | so we can have a little celebration for them. | 举办一个小型庆祝会 |
[02:23] | Not bad! Not bad at all! | 这个主意不错 非常棒 |
[02:24] | All right! | 那么这个幸运儿是谁呢 击鼓手准备… |
[02:25] | And the birthday person is… | 那么这个幸运儿是谁呢 |
[02:27] | drum roll please… | 击鼓手准备… |
[02:36] | Who is it? | 是谁 |
[02:37] | Whose birthday is it? | 快告诉我 |
[02:38] | Um, actually, | 其实近几天没有人要过生日 |
[02:39] | we don’t have any staff birthdays coming up. | |
[02:42] | Next person on the…calendar. | – 那就往后面找 – 好吧 |
[02:43] | Okay, um… that would be Meredith. | – 只有Meredith了 – 就她了 |
[02:47] | Yes! All right! | – Meredith 来我办公室一趟 – 但是她是生日是下个月 |
[02:48] | – Meredith Come on down, Meredith! | |
[02:49] | But it’s not until next month. | 来我办公室一趟 – |
[02:51] | Um…uh, okay. Well, great. | 但是她是生日是下个月 是吗 |
[02:55] | Well, you know, it’ll be a surprise. | 也罢 这对她来说或许是个惊喜 |
[02:57] | You still want to have a party? | – 那你还要开庆祝会 |
[02:59] | Yeah. Why not? Sure. Go ahead. | – 为什么不呢 当然要开 |
[03:02] | Live a little. C’mon, Pam. | 去安排吧 积极一点嘛 快点 |
[03:04] | C’mon. Shake it up. Shake it up. | 赶快 手脚麻利些 |
[03:07] | Shake it up! | 快快快 |
[03:09] | Bdddrrrooop… | |
[03:11] | Uh, Spock, are there any signs of life down there? | Spok 下面有没有发现生命迹象 |
[03:14] | Well, let me check, Captain. | 等我检查一下 船长 |
[03:20] | No Captain, no signs of life down here. | 没有啊船长 没有发现任何生命迹象 |
[03:23] | Just a wet blanket named Pam. | 光找到一条名叫Pam的湿毯子 |
[03:28] | Bddddddrrrrooooop. | |
[03:30] | Star Trek… | 很像《星际旅行》的情节吧 (知名的科幻剧) |
[03:32] | Well, for decorations, maybe we could… | 说到装饰我们可以买一些… |
[03:36] | it’s stupid, forget it. | – 算了 |
[03:37] | What? | – 怎么了? |
[03:39] | Well, I was just gonna say | 我本来打算买一些彩带来的 |
[03:40] | maybe we could have streamers, | |
[03:41] | but that’s dumb, everybody has streamers. | 但又觉得太俗 几乎每次都用这种东西 |
[03:44] | Never mind. | – 还是算了 |
[03:45] | No, yeah, I think that’s a good idea. | – 不呀 我觉得挺好的 |
[03:47] | What color do you guys think? | 你们觉得买哪种颜色的好 |
[03:50] | Well, there’s green… | 有绿的 |
[03:52] | uh, blue… | 蓝的 |
[03:55] | yellow…red… | 黄的 – 还有红的 – 绿色怎么样 |
[03:57] | How about green? | 绿色让人看起来很淫荡 |
[03:59] | I think green is kind of whoreish. | |
[04:01] | This was tough. | 我真是有些受不了 |
[04:02] | I suggested we flip a coin, | 我建议抛硬币来解决 |
[04:05] | but Angela said she doesn’t like to gamble. | 可Angela说她不喜欢赌博 |
[04:08] | Of course, by saying that, | 即使她说喜欢我也不会揍她 |
[04:09] | she was gambling that I wouldn’t smack her. | |
[04:12] | These are my party-planning bee-otches. | 瞅瞅我们的晚会策划团成员们 |
[04:15] | Pulled off an amazing ’80s party last year. | 去年策划的八零晚会 是多么地棒啊 |
[04:17] | Off the hook! | 要我”放你们一马”吗 |
[04:19] | So I was thinking, | 要是你们还没有准备好蛋糕的话 |
[04:20] | if you haven’t already gotten | 就去买点Baskin |
[04:21] | Robbins a cake, um, maybe go in | |
[04:23] | for one of those ice cream cakes from Baskin Robbins. | 冰激凌蛋糕好了 |
[04:26] | They’re very good. Very delicious. | 味道相当不错 |
[04:27] | Meredith’s allergic to dairy, so… | 我听说Meredith对奶制品过敏 |
[04:30] | She’s not the only one | 又不是光她一个人吃 |
[04:31] | that’s going to be eating it, right? | |
[04:33] | And I think everybody likes ice cream cake. | 我想大家都冰激凌蛋糕 也没什么意见 |
[04:35] | It’s not, uh… not just about her, so… | 这不光是她一个人的事情 |
[04:38] | It is herbirthday– | – 但那是她的生日 – 再加些牛奶巧克力薯条… |
[04:40] | Mint chocolate chip! | 会更好 |
[04:41] | would be good. | 会更好 |
[04:42] | How about some… mint chocolate chip? | |
[04:46] | Hey. | 听好了 |
[04:47] | So, listen, I was thinking that it might be a good idea | 我有个好主意 |
[04:50] | if you and I formed an alliance. | 你我两人结成联盟 |
[04:55] | ‘Cause of the downsizing… | 裁员的事 听说了吧 |
[04:57] | I think an alliance might be a good idea. | 组结联盟是个不错的选择 |
[04:59] | You know, help each other out. | 这样可以互相帮助 |
[05:03] | Do you want to form an alliance…with me? | 你愿意和我结成同盟吗 愿不愿意 |
[05:10] | Absolutely I do. | – 当然 – 很好 |
[05:11] | Good, good, excellent. | 那好 |
[05:12] | Okay, now we need to figure out | 我们估摸下谁最可能被砍掉 |
[05:14] | who’s vulnerable and who is protected… | 谁最安全… |
[05:15] | There may be– | 当时我真是太高兴了 |
[05:16] | At that moment, | 当时我真是太高兴了 |
[05:17] | I was just so happy. | |
[05:19] | I mean, everything Dwight does annoys me. | 因为我讨厌 Dwight的所做所为 |
[05:21] | Did you get your tickets? | 拿到票了没 |
[05:24] | To what? | 什么票 |
[05:25] | The gun show. | 枪展的 |
[05:32] | And I spend…hours | 随后我… |
[05:35] | thinking of ways to get back at him, | 费了很大功夫去考虑 如何支持他 |
[05:37] | but only in ways that would get me arrested. | 但想到的办法都快 能把我送进监狱去 |
[05:39] | And then here he comes and he says, | 这时他过来对我说 |
[05:41] | “No, Jim, here’s a way.” | 别担心Jim我有办法 |
[05:44] | And there’s one other thing, and this is important: | 我很快就说完 这件事非常重要 |
[05:46] | let’s keep this alliance totally a secret. | 我们要保住我们俩是一伙的秘密 |
[05:49] | Yeah. | 嗯 不能告诉任何人 |
[05:50] | Don’t tell anyone. | 不能告诉任何人 |
[05:53] | An alliance Oh, yeah. | – 同盟吗 – 是的 |
[05:54] | What does that even mean? | 同盟到底是个啥意思啊 |
[05:56] | I think it has something to do with Survivor, | 好像是和生存者有关 |
[05:57] | but I’m not sure. | 我也不太确定 |
[05:58] | Um… | 要去监视别人 |
[06:01] | I know that it involves spying on people, and we may build a fort in accounting– | 还可能要建立个堡垒 |
[06:04] | Jim. | Jim 你好啊 Pam |
[06:05] | Hey. | Hey. Hi, Pam. |
[06:07] | Listen, could I talk to you for a second | 我现在能跟你讨论一下… |
[06:08] | about the… paper products? | 纸品吗 |
[06:11] | Did you tell Pam about the Alliance? | – 你把我们的秘密告诉Pam了 – 没有 |
[06:13] | What? No– Just now! | – 那刚才是在干什么 – 没有 绝对没有 |
[06:14] | Oh, no, no, no, no. Dwight, no. | Dwight 你冷静 我只是在利用她 |
[06:16] | I’m using her, for the alliance. | 你想想 |
[06:18] | Who knows the most information about this office? | 关于办公室的信息 谁了解的最多 |
[06:20] | Pam. | – 是Pam啊 – 对 对 你继续说 |
[06:21] | Right. That’s good. Good. Pursue this. | 我在努力尝试 你也看到了对吧 |
[06:22] | Well, I’m trying to.Mm-hmm. | 我在努力尝试 你也看到了对吧 |
[06:24] | Do you see what I’m doing? Mm-hmm. | 所以我会经常和她说话 |
[06:25] | But listen, I’m gonna have to talk to her a lot. | 所以我会经常和她说话 |
[06:27] | All right? | 我们可能会说说闲话 |
[06:28] | And there may be chatting and giggling. | 笑上一笑 |
[06:30] | And you gotta just pretend to ignore it. | 而你就假装听不见 知道什么叫充耳不闻懂吧 |
[06:32] | Wipe it away. Done. | – 知道 |
[06:33] | All right. | – 好 |
[06:40] | Can you get her? She’s right there. | 摄像机能拍到她吗 她就是Meredith |
[06:42] | That is Meredith. | 马上就要过生日的人 |
[06:44] | The birthday girl. | 还有这个… |
[06:46] | And this… is Meredith’s card. | Meredith 的生日贺卡 |
[06:49] | “Happy Bird-Day.” | happy birdday(生日快乐的谐音) |
[06:52] | Um, let’s see…Jim. | 我来看看… 是Jim的 |
[06:55] | Jim wrote: “Meredith, I heard you’re turning 46. | Jim写道 Meredith 你马上就要46岁了 |
[06:59] | “But, come on, | 你是个会计 伪造个数字就行 |
[07:00] | you’re an accountant, just fudge the numbers.” | (讽刺最近的假帐丑闻) 不错 很风趣 |
[07:03] | Not bad. Pretty funny. | 虽然我从来不会宽恕 |
[07:04] | I don’t appreciate condoning corporate fraud, though. | 员工的欺诈行为 |
[07:07] | Uh, here’s the thing. | 最重要的事情是 不管我在这儿写什么 |
[07:09] | Whatever I write here | 一定要是最最有趣的才行 |
[07:10] | has to be really, really funny. | 因为外边那些人都 |
[07:13] | Because people out there are expecting it. | 期望着我的杰作 |
[07:16] | I’ve already set the bar really high. | 我的起点已经很高了 |
[07:18] | And they’re all worried about their jobs, you know? | 而且他们都在担心自己的工作 办公室里的气氛不怎么好 |
[07:21] | It’s kinda dark out there. | 假如我这样写你会怎么想 |
[07:23] | Meredith Can you imagine if I wrote something like, uh, | |
[07:25] | “Oh, Meredith. Um, Happy Birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[07:29] | You’re great. Love, Michael.” | 你干得不错 爱你的Michael |
[07:38] | They seem awfully chummy, don’t you think? Yeah. | 他们好像关系很好 你觉得呢 |
[07:41] | What do you think that’s about? | 是啊 可不知道他们在说些什么 |
[07:43] | Only one way to find out. | 只有一个方法才能知道 来吧 |
[07:46] | I’m on it. | – 你决不会相信的 |
[07:50] | You are not going to believe this. | – 什么事 我相信 |
[07:51] | – What? I believe it. | |
[07:53] | Well, tensions were high in the kitchen. | 当时厨房里的气氛很紧张 |
[07:54] | I could tell from the body language. | – 我也懂肢体语言 |
[07:56] | Hey, that looks good. | – 吃什么呢 |
[07:57] | What is that, turkey? | 看起来不错火鸡吗 – 还意大利呢(火鸡和土耳奇同音) |
[07:58] | Italian. | 意大利? |
[08:00] | Oh, Italian. Nice. Wow. | 哦 不错 |
[08:02] | You got the works there. | 在那儿生活过 |
[08:03] | Red onion, provolone. Yeah. | 我看你吃红洋葱和意大利熏干酪 对啊 |
[08:06] | Toby and Kevin, | Toby和Kevin准备 把Angela给踢走 |
[08:08] | they’re trying to get Angela kicked off. | 太好了 就让他们踢吧 这可帮了大忙 |
[08:09] | Good. Let ’em. | 太好了 就让他们踢吧 这可帮了大忙 |
[08:10] | That’s fine. It helps our cause. | 我就是想不通 |
[08:11] | Well, I don’t know. | Kevin是财务科的 |
[08:12] | Because if Kevin’s in accounting, Yeah… | Toby是人事部的 |
[08:13] | and Toby’s in human resources, | 他们俩怎么会说到一块去了 |
[08:15] | and they’re talking? | 他们也结盟了 |
[08:16] | Oh…they’re forming an alliance. | 他们也结盟了 – 我很喜欢意大利三明治 – 我也很喜欢 |
[08:17] | I love their sandwiches. | – 我很喜欢意大利三明治 – 我也很喜欢 |
[08:19] | – I love their sandwiches too. | |
[08:20] | Yeah, their bread’s really good. | 他们的面包也不赖 – |
[08:21] | Their bread is very good. | 是啊 我也很喜欢 |
[08:23] | Damn it! God! Rrrrrrr! | 见鬼 他们竟然也… |
[08:30] | Okay, listen. | 为什么 行了 |
[08:32] | We need to assume that everyone in the office | 听好了 现在假设公司里 每个人都在结盟 |
[08:35] | is forming an alliance, | 都想着要把我们俩给赶出去 |
[08:36] | and is therefore trying to get us kicked off. | 见鬼 |
[08:37] | God damn it! Why us? | 为什么会是我们俩 |
[08:40] | Because we’re strong, Dwight. | 因为我们太强了 |
[08:42] | Because we’re strong. | Dwight太强了 |
[08:43] | Mary Meredith, Meredith. | |
[08:45] | Mary…Mary had a little lamb. | 有只小羊 |
[08:47] | Mary…Meredith had a little lamb. | Meredith有只小羊 |
[08:49] | Don’t bring that lamb to work, | 不要带它来上班 不然它会在 |
[08:51] | or it’ll poop on the floor– | 办公室地板上拉大便 是你Oscar |
[08:53] | Hey! Oscar. | 进来 什么事 |
[08:54] | C’mon in, what’s up? | – 我不该来打扰你的 |
[08:55] | Uh, I’m sorry to bother you. | – 没关系 进来吧 |
[08:56] | – Oh, not at all. Come on in. | |
[08:57] | What’s goin’ on? | 什么事 |
[08:58] | My nephew is involved | – 我侄子他现在… |
[09:00] | with, um, a charity for cerebral palsy. | 在救助脑瘫患慈善会工作 |
[09:04] | And I was wondering | 我想你能不能 – |
[09:05] | if maybe you’d like to… | 你肯定知道我说什么 如果 |
[09:08] | you know… | – 什么 |
[09:09] | What? Uh, donate to the charity. | 为慈善会贡献一份力量 |
[09:11] | Oh, God. Of course I would. | 哦 是啊 我当然乐意 |
[09:13] | Pshhh. Get it over here! | 把签名册拿来 拿来 |
[09:16] | Get that over here. | – 谢谢 – 不用了 我人品本来就好 |
[09:17] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 |
[09:18] | You know, I’m always good | – 不用了 |
[09:20] | for some serious buckage. | 我人品本来就好 请您捐些钱 |
[09:22] | Wow. Two dollars? Three dollars? | 两美元 三美元 |
[09:24] | People out here | 你看他们那些人就不关心 |
[09:25] | do not care about…diseases. | 病人 |
[09:29] | I’m going to give you $25. | 那么我捐出25美元 你… |
[09:34] | That’s…that’s… | – 你… |
[09:36] | That’s very generous. | 您真是太慷慨了 – 那当然 |
[09:37] | Oh, my gosh. | Oscar 我的慷慨 社会责任心 |
[09:38] | Oscar Well, listen, Oscar. | |
[09:40] | Generosity, and togetherness, | 我的慷慨 社会责任心 |
[09:42] | and community, | 以及对病人的祝愿全部在精神上 |
[09:44] | all convalescences into…morale. | 给予你支持 |
[09:49] | That’s what I say, so… | 这就是我想说的 |
[09:54] | Hey, Jim. | – Jim 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[09:55] | Can I talk to you for a second? | – 当然 什么事儿 |
[09:57] | Sure. What’s up? | 我最近都快要疯了 |
[09:58] | Um, I don’t know. | 我最近都快要疯了 |
[09:59] | I’m just, like, going a little crazy. | 总是听见关于一些 |
[10:01] | ‘Cause I keep overhearing all of these conversations | Michael和上面的头儿 |
[10:04] | between Michael and corporate | 讨论员工问题的事 – |
[10:06] | about, like… staff issues. | 不会吧 |
[10:08] | – Oh, no. Yeah. | |
[10:09] | He’s making me take notes on these meetings, | 真的 |
[10:12] | and I’m like, | 他还让我去做会议笔记 我给他说大家关系都不错 |
[10:13] | “These people are my friends,” Right. | – 对啊 – 但他好像总… |
[10:15] | but he’s all like, “This is confidential, | 这可是机密哦 |
[10:17] | you can’t tell anybody.” | 不要乱给别人说 |
[10:18] | But I don’t know, I just feel like I wanna– | 我不知道这样做对不对 我只是想… |
[10:21] | Just promise me | 你保证你不会对任何人 提起这件事 |
[10:22] | you’re not gonna say anything? | – 我保证 我绝不会对其他人说 – 好的 |
[10:23] | I will not… | – 我保证 我绝不会对其他人说 – 好的 |
[10:24] | I’m not gonna tell anybody. Okay. | – 这是你我俩个人之间的秘密 – 好 |
[10:25] | This is between you and me. Yeah. | – 这是你我俩个人之间的秘密 – 好 |
[10:31] | Jackpot. | 中头彩了 |
[10:33] | That was beautiful. | 真不错 |
[10:34] | All her idea, too. | 全是她的点子 |
[10:36] | Awesome. She’s so great. | 她太聪明了 太机灵了 |
[10:42] | Meredith. Bad breath. | Meredith 口臭 |
[10:44] | Meredith has bad breath. | Meredith 有口臭 – |
[10:46] | Hey. Hey. | 我来了 – 嗯 |
[10:47] | – You wanted to see me? | |
[10:48] | Uh, yeah. | 找我有事儿吗 |
[10:49] | What do you know about Meredith? | – 关于Meredith你都知道些什么 |
[10:50] | I don’t think she’d be missed. | 她怎么可能不被辞退 |
[10:52] | There’s not going to be downsizing, Dwight, okay? | 我说过没有裁员这回事 Dwight |
[10:55] | I just–I need to know a little bit more about… | 我只是想多了解一下 我的朋友 |
[10:59] | my friend. | 姓名 |
[11:00] | Name: Meredith Palmer. | 姓名 |
[11:02] | Uh, personal information: divorced twice, two kids. | 个人资料 离婚两次 有两个孩子 |
[11:05] | Uh, Employer: Dunder Mifflin Paper, Inc. | 工作地点 Dundler Mifflin纸业有限公司 |
[11:06] | Awards: multiple Dundies– | – 奖励 很多次Dundies – 这我都知道 |
[11:09] | I know all that. I-I know all that. | 我想知道一些令人难堪的事 |
[11:10] | I just–I need something | |
[11:11] | – kind of embarrassing, you know? | |
[11:13] | Kinda fun, inside… | 但内在是很搞笑的 |
[11:14] | She had a hysterectomy. | – 她做过子宫切除手术 |
[11:18] | Which one is that again? | – 什么时候的事 – 当医生移走她的子宫的时候 |
[11:19] | Dwight It’s where they remove the uterus. | |
[11:20] | Oh, God, Dwight, no! | 你怎么这样 |
[11:23] | I’m trying to write something funny here, okay? | 我要写一些有趣的事 懂吗 |
[11:25] | What am I gonna do with a removed uterus? | 你提供给的我信息有用吗 |
[11:27] | It could be kind of funny. | – 它也是一种幽默 |
[11:28] | You know what? I am on a deadline here. | – 我时间有限 |
[11:30] | And, just–okay. | 行了 谢谢你的帮助你可以走了 |
[11:32] | Thanks, thanks for your help. | 我自己会解决的 |
[11:34] | I’ll work it out. Thank you, Dwight. | 谢谢 |
[11:37] | That wasn’t a waste of time. | 这个信息的确有用 |
[11:40] | Okay, here’s the deal.All right. | 好了 是这样的 |
[11:43] | Pam says that one of the alliances | Pam说有个联盟会在 Meredith生日宴会那天 |
[11:44] | is meeting in the warehouse | – 在仓库里碰头 |
[11:45] | during Meredith’s birthday party. | – 那我们到时得赶过去呀 |
[11:47] | Oh, my God, we have to be there. I know. | 我当然知道 但是很难办 |
[11:48] | But it’s gonna be a little tough, | – 因为你在那儿没法躲 – |
[11:49] | because there’s no good place to hide down there. | 不 不 有地儿 |
[11:50] | No, no, yes there is. | – 躲在架子后面就行 – 什么 得了吧你 |
[11:51] | Behind the shelves– oh, my God. | – 躲在架子后面就行 |
[11:52] | What, what, what? | – 什么 得了吧你 |
[11:53] | I know. I know. | – 想起来了 |
[11:55] | I know exactly what to do. | 我有个绝妙的主意 – 成 |
[11:56] | Great. | 我喜欢打鹿 打小就跟着我父亲去打猎 |
[11:57] | I’m a deer hunter. | 我喜欢打鹿 |
[11:58] | I go all the time with my dad. | 打小就跟着我父亲去打猎 |
[12:00] | One thing about deer, | 鹿的视力非常地好 |
[12:01] | they have very good vision. | 但是我呢… |
[12:04] | One thing about me, I’m better at hiding than they are…at vision. | 却可以很好地躲避它的目光 |
[12:12] | This is gonna be perfect, okay? | 我的点子不错吧 正好在仓库的中心 |
[12:13] | Centrally located. Perfect cover. | 绝妙的隐藏 |
[12:15] | I can hear and see everything. | 视听全部不受干扰 |
[12:16] | Good. | 不错 |
[12:18] | Michael. | – 等一下 |
[12:19] | Just a sec. | – 还没完吗 – 快了 |
[12:20] | Are you done yet? Almost there. | – 还没完吗 – |
[12:21] | Just a…second. | 快了 一秒钟也等不急吗 好了 |
[12:22] | It is perfect. | 谢谢 |
[12:23] | Thank you. Excellent. | 太好了 我们走 |
[12:25] | Here we go. It is time. Thank you. | 快到了 谢谢 |
[12:27] | Okay! C’mon, let’s go! | 大家过来 把蛋糕拿上 快 |
[12:29] | Get the cake! Here we go. C’mon, c’mon, c’mon! | 好了吗 快点 快点 |
[12:31] | Shh! Be quiet! | 安静 |
[12:33] | Wait, this isn’t gonna work. The lid’s open. | 这不行啊 箱子盖没法合上 |
[12:35] | So, tape it down. | – 用胶带粘上 – 那不行 |
[12:36] | – I can’t do that. | |
[12:38] | Then you won’t be able to breathe. | 粘上不把你给憋死了 |
[12:39] | Look, I can breathe just fine, okay, | – 我没事的 |
[12:41] | but if it makes you feel better, | 我在箱上戳几个洞就行了 |
[12:42] | I’ll poke holes in the box. | – 好吧 – 谢谢 |
[12:44] | Thank you. | Thank you. Okay. |
[12:48] | Surprise! | 大吃一惊吧 |
[12:51] | Oh! Surprise! | – 吃惊 |
[12:53] | No, it’s a– | – 哦 这是… |
[12:54] | It’s surprise, Meredith! | Meredith 很高兴吧 一 二 开始 |
[12:56] | One, two, | 祝你生日快乐 |
[12:57] | ♪ Happy Birthday to you ♪ | 祝你生日快乐 |
[13:00] | Find the key… | – 别走调 |
[13:01] | ♪ Happy Birthday ♪ | – 祝你生日快乐 |
[13:03] | So, you want me to stay here | 要我一直站在旁边陪着你吗 |
[13:04] | and, you know, stand next to the box, or– | 不 |
[13:07] | No! You need to go upstairs to the party | 你得上楼去参加宴会 |
[13:10] | so people don’t notice that we’re both gone. | – 这样就没人注意我们失踪了 |
[13:12] | Right. That’s good. | – 你说的对 |
[13:13] | Can I trust Jim? I don’t know. | 我该相信他吗 不知道 我有选择的余地吗 没有 我坦白地说我没有 我能相信Jim吗 能 我应该相信他吗 你来告诉我 |
[13:17] | Do I have a choice? No. Frankly, I don’t. | |
[13:20] | Will I trust Jim? Yes. Should I trust Jim? | |
[13:24] | You tell me. | 祝你生日快乐 Meredith |
[13:26] | ♪ Happy Birthday, dear Meredith ♪ | 祝你生日快乐 |
[13:29] | Meredith ♪ Happy Birthday to you | |
[13:32] | ♪ And many more ♪ | 祝你生日快乐 一直快乐 |
[13:42] | You were surprised, weren’t you? | – 你很吃惊对吧 – 是啊 |
[13:43] | Yes. | 当我们喊吃惊时 |
[13:44] | You looked freaked, man. | 你看起来像被吓到了似的 |
[13:46] | We said, “Surprise,” and you were, like, “What? | 你当时像在说 |
[13:48] | What the hell’s goin’ on here?” | 什么 这到底是怎么回事 |
[13:50] | Good cake. Why don’t you have some? | – 你怎么不来一块冰激凌蛋糕 – 我不能吃 |
[13:53] | I…I can’t, um. | – 就一点儿 一点儿 – 不 我对奶制品过敏 |
[13:54] | C’mon. A little bit. A little bit. | – 就一点儿 一点儿 – 不 我对奶制品过敏 |
[13:55] | No, no, I can’t eat dairy. | 我都忘了 |
[13:56] | Oh, right. Oh, God. Too bad, it’s so good. | 你尝不到真是可惜了 |
[13:58] | Yeah, it makes me sick. | 那东西让我觉得恶心 |
[13:59] | You know what? | 要是我也对奶制品过敏 |
[14:01] | If I were allergic to dairy, I think I’d kill myself. | 我干脆找根绳吊死算了 |
[14:04] | ‘Cause this is way, way too good. | 这是最好的解决方法 – |
[14:11] | He’s in a box? | 他在纸箱里 – |
[14:12] | Pam, he’s in a box. | 不错 他就在纸箱里 |
[14:14] | He’s downstairs in a box | 楼下仓库的纸箱里 |
[14:16] | on the floor near the shelves. | 靠近架子附近 |
[14:19] | I’m serious. Go down there. | 下楼尽情施展你的魔法去吧 |
[14:20] | And work your magic… | 喂 |
[14:25] | Hey, where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[14:27] | Yeah, we were supposed to meet here. | 我们不是说好在仓库见吗 |
[14:30] | What? | 什么 |
[14:33] | Oh, my gosh! | 你再说一遍 |
[14:35] | That ties in perfectly | 它跟Micheal先前给我说的事 |
[14:37] | with something that Michael was telling me earlier. | 有很大联系吗 |
[14:40] | I just don’t know what some of the people in, like, accounting, are gonna do. | 我真不知道他们 |
[14:46] | It said specifically that… Oof… | 除了算钱还会什么 |
[14:49] | Oh… | 这事还不太清楚… |
[14:50] | Hey, Jim. | Jim 宴会不错吧 |
[14:52] | Good party, huh? | 大家都很高兴 |
[14:53] | Just a little something I…whipped up, you know, | 看来道德建设 |
[14:55] | a little morale boost.Yeah? | 有成效了虽然不是很大 |
[14:56] | No big deal. | 我想起来一件事 印象非常深 |
[14:57] | Speaking of which, I meant to tell you. | 我想起来一件事 印象非常深 |
[14:58] | Very impressive. | 听说你给Oscar的慈善会捐款了 – |
[14:59] | The, uh, donation you gave to Oscar’s charity. | 好像只有25美元 – |
[15:02] | Oh. What was that, 25 bucks? | 不 啊… |
[15:04] | Yeah, well, you know, money isn’t everything, Jim. | 是的 钱不是万能的Jim 幸福不能靠钱来维持 |
[15:07] | It’s not the key to happiness. | 你知道要靠什么吗 |
[15:09] | You know what is? | 欢乐 |
[15:11] | Joy. | 你好好记住 |
[15:12] | You should remember that. | 下次你可不能再只捐三美元了 |
[15:14] | Maybe you’d give more than $3.00 next time. | 一英里三美元 |
[15:17] | Yeah, well, $3.00 a mile | 算下来一共五十美元呢 |
[15:19] | is going to end up being, like, 50 bucks. | 至于你的数目 |
[15:21] | So… | 多的吓死人 |
[15:22] | God, I can’t even calculate what you’re gonna have to give. | Oscar在吗 |
[15:32] | Is Oscar around? | 我觉得您捐得好像有些少 |
[15:33] | I just thought it was a, | 我觉得您捐得好像有些少 |
[15:35] | kind of a flat, you know, $25 | 一次才25美元 |
[15:39] | one-time donation. | 难道你不知道它是 |
[15:40] | I didn’t think it was a per-mile kinda deal, you know, so… | 按英里数来算钱的吗 |
[15:44] | Well…that’s what a walk-a-thon is. I know– | – 对 要不怎么为步行马拉松筹款 |
[15:46] | It says it right on the sheet. | – 你刚开始怎么不说 单子上有说明的啊 |
[15:48] | Look, look at the sheet. | 看这儿 |
[15:49] | It says it’s however many dollars per mile. | 您可以在一英里内 捐赠任何数目 |
[15:51] | Right. Got it. Yes. So, it does. | 不错 的确是 |
[15:54] | Um… | 要是不捐的话会让人觉得你小气 |
[15:55] | I just think it’s kind of cheap | |
[15:56] | to “undonate” money to a charity. | 不会的 不会 我不在意 |
[15:57] | No. No, no, no, no, no. | 不会的 |
[15:59] | I-I wasn’t–that wasn’t what I was…no. | 不会 |
[16:01] | I-I-It’s not about the money. | 我不在意 |
[16:03] | It’s just… | 这不是钱的问题 |
[16:05] | it’s the ethics of the thing, Oscar. | 这只是… 这只是道德上的问题 |
[16:11] | How’s your nephew? | 你侄子怎么样 他身体还好吗 |
[16:12] | Is he in good shape? Yeah. | – 还行 – 他去年走了多少英里 |
[16:14] | How many miles did he do last year? | – 去年他走了18英里 |
[16:15] | Last year, he walked 18 miles. | – 小兔崽子 |
[16:17] | Son of a bitch. | 这真感人 |
[16:18] | That is impressive! Good for him. | 愿上帝保佑他 |
[16:42] | Happy birthday, Meredith. | – 鸟日快乐 Meredith – 大声读出来 |
[16:43] | Read it out loud. | 看是谁写的 比比谁写得最好 |
[16:44] | And say who wrote everything, | 看是谁写的 |
[16:46] | so we know whose is the best. | 比比谁写得最好 |
[16:48] | “Happy Bird-Day.” | 生人快乐 |
[16:53] | Meredith “Meredith, good news: | |
[16:55] | you’re not actually a year older, | 好消息 你并没有年长一岁 |
[16:57] | because you work here, where time stands still.” | 因为你和我们一起工作 时间就会停止 |
[17:02] | I don’t know about that– | – 不错 – Stanley写的 |
[17:03] | That was Stanley. | Meredith 生日快乐 |
[17:04] | Meredith “Meredith, Happy Birthday. | |
[17:08] | You’re the best, Love, Pam.” | 生日快乐 |
[17:10] | Aw. | 你是最棒的 |
[17:11] | Blech! | 爱你的Pam 还真这样写了 |
[17:14] | Thanks, downer. | Michael也给我写了 |
[17:15] | This is from Michael. | |
[17:17] | “Meredith: Let’s hope the only downsizing | Meredith我们希望关于裁员 |
[17:20] | that happens to you | 能够裁掉你的年龄 |
[17:21] | is that someone downsizes your age.” Because of the downsizing. | 最近不是流传要裁员吗 |
[17:29] | Rumors. | 而且你年龄也大了 哦 |
[17:30] | And because you’re gettin’ old. | 我… 我懂了 |
[17:34] | No, I get it– it’s funny. | – 很有趣 |
[17:37] | You didn’t get the joke. | – 你还没理解这个笑话 |
[17:38] | So…that’s cool. | 不过还好了 |
[17:39] | That’s | 其实我… |
[17:40] | Actually, I have a bunch of these… | 先前还准备了很多 |
[17:44] | good ones that I didn’t use. | 有很多好的我都没写上去 |
[17:45] | Um…oh, where’s that, uh– | 都有些什么呢 |
[17:48] | oh, okay, here’s a good one. | 来听听这个 |
[17:50] | Meredith Um, “Hey, Meredith, Liz Taylor called. | |
[17:52] | She wants her age back and her divorces back.” | Liz Taylor刚来电话 |
[17:55] | ‘Cause Meredith’s been divorced, | 她希望你年龄回退 再次离婚 |
[17:56] | like, twice? Is that right? | Meredith好像离过两次婚 对吧 |
[17:57] | Uh, you’re right. | – 是 – 我没说错吧 |
[17:58] | Did I get that right? | – 好 – 你没错 |
[17:59] | Okay. Right. Yes. | 离婚… |
[18:01] | Divorce… | |
[18:04] | um…oh, okay. | 还有这个Meredith太老了 – |
[18:06] | “Meredith is so old.” | 她多大 – |
[18:08] | How old is she? | 对了 大家一起来 |
[18:09] | Well, if everybody… could do it. | Meredith太老了 |
[18:12] | “Meredith is so old…” | – 她多大 |
[18:13] | How old is she? | – 她太老了… |
[18:14] | “She’s so old, | 以至于她一进古董店 |
[18:15] | “she went into an antique store and they kept her.” | 老板就把她收藏起来了 |
[18:23] | Well, that wasn’t even mine. | 这不是我的原创 |
[18:24] | I got that off the internet…website… | 我从网上找的 |
[18:27] | so, don’t get mad at me… | 有啥事儿不要怨我 |
[18:28] | Uh… | – Michael庆祝会真不错 – 这不是我的错 |
[18:29] | Nice party, Michael. | – Michael庆祝会真不错 |
[18:31] | This isn’t my fault. | – 这不是我的错 |
[18:34] | Um, ladies, | 策划团们 |
[18:35] | not your best effort. | 你们可没有好好干哦 瞧那彩带 |
[18:36] | The streamers? | 你们本可以做得更好 不是吗 |
[18:38] | I think we could have done better than that, | 你们本可以做得更好 不是吗 |
[18:39] | don’t you think? | – Phyllis她想要红的 我没同意 – 小坏蛋 |
[18:40] | Phyllis wanted red. I didn’t. | – Phyllis她想要红的 |
[18:43] | Oh, boy, you… | 我没同意 – 小坏蛋 |
[18:44] | Okay, wait– all right, people, | 大家先等一下 |
[18:46] | hold on, hold on, hold on just a second, okay? | 就一会儿 |
[18:48] | I think we’re losing sight | 我们不应忘了最重要的东西 |
[18:50] | of what is really important here. | 那就是… |
[18:52] | And, that is that we are a group of people who work together. | 我们都是一家人 |
[18:58] | I was–I really wasn’t gonna flaunt this. | 本来我不打算说的 |
[19:02] | I have made a very sizeable donation | 我已经为Oscar侄子 |
[19:05] | to Oscar’s nephew’s… | 的步行马拉松 |
[19:08] | Walk-A-Thon. | 捐了一笔数额有限的筹款 25美元 |
[19:11] | $25. | – 是每英里 – 对 每英里 |
[19:12] | Per mile. | – 是每英里 – 对 每英里 |
[19:13] | Per mile, yes. | 我退休以后 |
[19:15] | When I retire, I-I-I don’t want to just | 我退休以后 |
[19:18] | disappear to an island somewhere. | 不想变得与世隔绝 |
[19:21] | I want to be the guy who gives everything back. | 我要当一个乐于奉献的人 |
[19:23] | A check for the kids. | 为孩子们捐款 为少年们捐款 |
[19:26] | And for the team. | 我要达到这样一种效果 |
[19:27] | I want it to be like, | 我要达到这样一种效果 |
[19:28] | “Hey, who donated that hospital wing… | 听说有人给医院捐了一笔款 |
[19:32] | that is saving so many lives?” | |
[19:34] | “Uh, well, I don’t- I don’t know. | 知道 |
[19:37] | It was anonymous.” | 但不清楚那个人是谁 |
[19:39] | “Well, guess what? That was Michael Scott.” | 你猜猜 |
[19:43] | “But, ah… it was anonymous, | 是Michael |
[19:45] | how do you know?” | Scott 钱上又没写名字 |
[19:49] | “Because I’m him.” | 你怎么知道的 因为我看见了 |
[19:51] | Thank you, Michael. | 谢谢了 |
[19:56] | Come here. | Michael 大家一起来 |
[19:57] | Don’t cash that until Friday, okay? | 周五再给你钱 好吗 |
[20:00] | Really Yeah. | – 你也今天过生日 – 对啊 |
[20:02] | Oh. Happy Birthday. Thanks. | – 生日快乐 |
[20:04] | I could say something– | – 谢谢 – |
[20:05] | Don’t do that. Okay. | 我去告诉他们… – 算了 |
[20:10] | Okay, okay– I have something | 嗨 嗨 我给你说件比纸箱事件 |
[20:11] | that totally tops the box! | 还好笑的事 快点说 快点 |
[20:13] | Oh, tell me! Tell me! Okay. | 我刚才劝说成功让Dwight |
[20:14] | I have just convinced Dwight | 去趟斯坦福德 |
[20:16] | that he needs to go to Stamford, | 让他去视察一下分部的情况 |
[20:18] | and spy on our other branch. No, no, no. | 不过在此之前 |
[20:21] | But before he does so, | 我告诉他得把头发染一下 |
[20:22] | I told him that he should dye his hair | 不然会被别人认出来 |
[20:24] | to go undercover. | 要是我们能让他 |
[20:27] | If we can get him to drive to Connecticut | 开车去康涅狄格 |
[20:29] | and put peroxide in his hair– | 并且把他的头发弄得亮堂一些 |
[20:30] | What the hell is this? | 你小子在干什么 |
[20:31] | What, are you trying | 想搞性骚扰还是怎么着 |
[20:32] | to cop a feel or somethin’, Halpert? | – 不 兄弟 你误会了 – 喂 你冷静点儿 |
[20:34] | No, dude, no– Dude, no, I was just– | – 不 |
[20:35] | listen–whoa– | 兄弟 你误会了 |
[20:37] | God, I don’t even– | – 喂 |
[20:38] | I don’t even know how to explain this. | 你冷静点儿 我都不知道该怎么解释了 |
[20:40] | Um, uh… | Dwight说要和我结盟 |
[20:41] | Dwight asked me to be in an alliance. | 然后… |
[20:44] | And, then, um, um, we were– | 我们只是在商讨如何去整他 |
[20:47] | we’ve just been messing with him, | 都是结盟惹的祸 |
[20:49] | uh, because of the whole alliance thing. | |
[20:51] | Um… | – 我们在开玩笑 – 对 我们在开玩笑 |
[20:52] | It’s just office pranks. | – 我们在开玩笑 |
[20:53] | It’s stupid. It’s just office pranks. | – 对 我们在开玩笑 |
[20:54] | Dwight An alliance? | |
[20:55] | What the hell’s he talking about? | 他说的都是真的 |
[20:58] | I have absolutely no idea. | 我完全不懂他在说些什么 |
[21:03] | C’mon. | 我们走 |
[21:09] | Do I feel bad about betraying Jim? | 你问我觉得背叛Jim |
[21:11] | Not. At. All. | 良心上过得去吗 我一点都不后悔 |
[21:14] | That’s the game. | 这是一个游戏 说服他结盟 |
[21:15] | Convince him we’re in an alliance, | 好好利用他后 |
[21:17] | get some information, throw him to the wolves. | 再把他扔进狼窝 |
[21:19] | That’s politics, baby. | 规则就是如此 |
[21:21] | Get what you can out of someone, | 一个人变得没有价值后 他就可以被丢到垃圾堆里 |
[21:23] | then crush them. | Jim总算上了一堂教育课 |
[21:25] | I think Jim might have learned | Jim总算上了一堂教育课 |
[21:26] | a very valuable lesson. |