时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Let’s think this through. | 我们来仔细想想 |
[00:02] | If we ask corporate for that, then… | 如果我们向公司提出要求那么.. |
[00:06] | They are either gonna say yes or no. | 他们要么同意要么不同意 |
[00:11] | Could go either way. | 这两种情况都有可能 |
[00:12] | We don’t know what they are going to say. | 我们不能确定他们会怎么回复 |
[00:15] | Think it through! | |
[00:16] | We have to think it through! | 我们必须得认真想 |
[00:17] | T… Because, if they say no… | 如果他们不同意 |
[00:22] | Can we not? | 能别这样吗 |
[00:23] | No… Yes, we have to. | 不行… 必须要接着扔 |
[00:24] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[00:25] | ‘Cause I don’t like to be cooped up in that office. | 因为我不想闷在那间办公室里 |
[00:27] | In that box, all day long. Heisman! | 一天到晚呆在封闭的盒子里海斯曼奖 |
[00:30] | Because I need to think, okay, Jim? | 因为我得思考知道吗吉姆 |
[00:33] | Oh, Kevin! | 接着凯文 |
[00:39] | Nice catch. | 接得漂亮 |
[00:41] | Oscar! Intercepted. | 奥斯卡截球 |
[00:44] | — Right here. Give it to me. – Sorry about that. | -拿过来给我 -不好意思 |
[00:46] | Phyllis, give me the ball. | 菲莉斯把球给我 |
[00:47] | Okay, give me the ball. Give me… | 好吧把球给我给… |
[00:48] | You guys… | 你们… |
[00:49] | Oh, cool. | 酷 |
[00:49] | Creed, give me the ball, right now. Give it to me. | 克瑞德把球给我立刻把它给我 |
[00:51] | Ryan. | 莱恩给你 |
[00:54] | Fumble! | 丢球了 |
[00:56] | Listen… | 听我说 |
[00:59] | All right, hey, Dwight… | 行了嘿杜怀特 |
[01:04] | Hike. | |
[01:09] | You all right, Ryan? Ryan? | 你还好吗莱恩 |
[01:14] | Pam! | 佩姆接球 |
[01:31] | bot ball | |
[01:48] | Oh, they’re having a sale on Ti Vo. | 噢电视录像机在打折 |
[01:53] | STORAGE BOXES STORAGE BONES HE ANY DUTY · LETTER / LEGAL SEZE May be I should get a Ti Vo. | 或许我应该买个电视录像机 |
[01:56] | DVD burner. May be I should get one of those. | 光盘刻录机我觉得也该买一个 |
[02:00] | You are so lucky, Jim. | |
[02:02] | You’re so lucky you don’t have this-problem. | 不用操心这些问题真是太幸运了 |
[02:06] | What was the ninth-place prize again? A loaf of bread? | 第九名的奖品是什么 一条面包吗 |
[02:11] | A Cugino’s Pizza. | |
[02:13] | Oh, great. Tasty, terrific pizza. | 那可真不错美味可口的披萨 |
[02:17] | Question : Do their pizzas play DVDs? | 提问他们家的披萨能放光盘吗 |
[02:22] | Dwight was the top salesman of the year at our company. | 杜怀特今年是公司的年度最佳推销员 |
[02:26] | He wins a little prize money | 他赢了点奖金 |
[02:27] | and gets honored at some convention. | 在大会上被表扬了几次 |
[02:30] | It is literally the highest possible honor | 严格意义上说这可能是 |
[02:33] | that a Northeastern Pennsylvania-based | 就职于宾夕法尼亚州东北部 |
[02:35] | mid-sized paper company | |
[02:36] | regional salesman can attain. So.. | 能获得的最高奖项所以… |
[02:40] | What did I do to deserve this? | 我做错了什么要承受这个 |
[02:42] | Are you sad that Dwight beat you? | 你是在说杜怀特打败你的事吗 |
[02:44] | Are you gonna cry, Jim? Do you need a tissue | 你要哭了吗吉姆你需要纸巾吗 |
[02:47] | Hey. I heard you got a wedding dress. | 嘿听说你买婚纱了 |
[02:48] | Do you have pictures? | 有照片吗 |
[02:50] | Oh, I… Yeah. | |
[02:51] | I’ll show them to you later. | 我等会儿再给你看吧 |
[02:53] | Oh, I should get back. | 我得回去工作了 |
[02:56] | — Talk to you guys later. – Okay, cool. | 一等会儿聊 一行没问题 |
[02:58] | I have a ton of stuff to do for the wedding. | |
[03:00] | And I have to do it in the office. | 我不得不在上班时准备 |
[03:02] | And that can be kind of awkward. | |
[03:04] | Just because people can get all weird | 提起结婚的事 |
[03:07] | about wedding stuff | 就会变得很奇怪 |
[03:09] | and I just… I don’t want to offend | 我就是… 不想冒犯到 |
[03:12] | Angela or someone. | 安吉拉或者其他人 |
[03:20] | That’s what she said | 她也是这么说的 |
[03:21] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[03:23] | Grapes, seductive. | 葡萄看起来太诱人了 |
[03:26] | So, you ready for | |
[03:27] | the big speech this afternoon? | |
[03:28] | Well, it’s not really a big speech. | 好吧那其实算不上重要 |
[03:30] | You’re still coming, right? | |
[03:31] | Oh, abso-fruit ly. | 当然”水”啦 |
[03:34] | Fruit, grapes. Nailed the joke. Matter of time. | 水果葡萄多好的笑话精确把握时机 |
[03:36] | And yes, it is a big speech. | 不过这确实是个重要的演讲 |
[03:38] | Biggest of your life. | 是你人生中最重要的了 |
[03:41] | Speaker at the sales convention. Been there, done that. | 在销售大会上发言我去过也讲过 |
[03:45] | Went there again, did it again. Two years in a row. | 第二年我又去了又讲了 连着两年 |
[03:49] | Consecutive. | 连续的哦 |
[03:51] | I just… I miss the feeling | 我就是… 我怀念那种 |
[03:53] | of knowing that you did a good job | 知道自己干得很漂亮的成就感 |
[03:56] | because somebody gives you proof of it. | 因为有人会给你证明 |
[03:57] | ” Sir, you’re awesome. Here’s a plaque. | “先生你做的很棒这是给您的纪念牌 |
[04:01] | What, a whole year has gone by | 什么一年过去了 |
[04:03] | and you need more proof? | 你需要新的证明 |
[04:04] | ” Here’s a certificate. | “这是给您的证书 |
[04:06] | They stopped making plaques that year. | 那年起他们就没做牌子了 |
[04:08] | What if I give a really long, extended thank you, | 我讲一段很长很长的谢辞怎么样 |
[04:11] | for instance, | |
[04:12] | ” Thank you, Mr. Blank. | 谢谢你布兰克先生 |
[04:14] | Thank you very, very, very | 非常非常非常感谢你 |
[04:17] | That would look terrible. These are mostly salesmen, | 太糟了听众主要是推销员 |
[04:20] | and salesmen expect to be entertained | 推销员们想要的是快乐 |
[04:22] | and you are the main act. | 你就是这场喜剧的主演 |
[04:23] | When I was in the sixth grade, | 我六年级的时候 |
[04:25] | I was a finalist in our school spelling bee. | 进过学校拼字比赛的决赛 |
[04:27] | It was me against Raj Patel. | 我对决拉吉·帕特尔 |
[04:31] | And I misspelled in front of the entire school | 当着整个学校的面 |
[04:35] | the word “failure. | 我拼错了”失败”这个词 |
[04:37] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[04:38] | That’s because you’re incapable of doing it, | 那是因为你没有能力做到 |
[04:40] | because you don’t know how, | 因为你不知道怎么去讲 |
[04:42] | because you have no skills. | 因为你没有掌握技巧 |
[04:45] | Dwight, there’s no way I can possibly teach you | 杜怀特在这么短的时间内我可教不了你 |
[04:47] | what you need to know about | 在公共场合演讲时 |
[04:48] | public speaking by speech time. | 需要的知识 |
[04:51] | But I can teach you enough | 但我能教到你不至于 |
[04:53] | so that you don’t embarrass me or the company. | 会丢我的脸也不会丢公司的脸 |
[04:55] | Okay, deal. | 好的就这样 |
[04:56] | I’ll do whatever you say, no questions asked. | 你说什么我做什么绝不问问题 |
[04:58] | Well, if you have a question, you should ask me. | 有问题的话还是问出来比较好 |
[05:00] | I’ll try and think of one. When… | 我会想出一个的当… |
[05:01] | Don’t try to think of a question to humor me. | 别用”试着想一个”来搞笑 |
[05:02] | Just try not to be such an idiot. | 试着别这么傻气 |
[05:05] | Is that an insult, | 这是在骂我 |
[05:06] | or is that part of the public speaking advice? | 还是对于演讲的建议 |
[05:10] | Insult. | |
[05:13] | Mom, I’m sorry, I know you and Dad | 妈对不起我知道你和我爸 |
[05:15] | are chipping in for the wedding | 为我婚礼花了很多钱 |
[05:16] | but I do not want orange invitations. | 但我不想要橙色的请束 |
[05:20] | Yes. Well, | 嗯好吧 |
[05:21] | if you really want my opinion… | 你们要是真的想听我的意见的话 |
[05:24] | Hi, yeah, can I talk to one of your travel agents? | 嗨你好我想找个旅行经纪人 |
[05:26] | 我想去旅行 | |
[05:28] | I’m gonna get out of town for a while | 我想离开城里一段时间 |
[05:31] | and go someplace | 去其他地方看看 |
[05:33] | not here. | 不是这儿就行 |
[05:35] | 我想去哪儿 | |
[05:38] | That is an excellent question. | 这是个好问题 |
[05:41] | And one I probably should have thought about | 或许我在打给你之前 |
[05:43] | before I called you. | 应该想好的 |
[05:46] | I get here early every morning | 我每天很早到公司 |
[05:48] | so I can set the thermostat. | 就是为了调恒温器的温度 |
[05:49] | I like it a little cooler, around 66 degrees. | 我喜欢凉快一点儿大概66华氏度 |
[05:52] | I’m more productive. | 这样我的效率更高 |
[05:54] | Maybe some people don’t like it as cold as I do. | 但有些人不像我这么喜欢凉 |
[05:58] | But I don’t care. | 但我不在乎 |
[05:59] | But seriously, what’s the difference | 说实话男性推销员和女性推销员 |
[06:01] | between a salesman and a saleswoman? | 有什么区别 |
[06:03] | A sales woman has a vagina. | 女推销员有阴道 |
[06:05] | It’s a joke, Dwight, it’s not a sex ed class. | 这是笑话杜怀特不是性教育班 |
[06:06] | But I’m right. | 但我没说错 |
[06:08] | Yeah, you’re right | 对在男性和女性的区别上 |
[06:08] | about the difference between a man and a woman, | 你说的确实没错 |
[06:10] | but not about the punch line to the joke. All right? | 但是你说的不是个包好吗 |
[06:12] | The difference between a salesman and a saleswoman is | 男推销员和女推销员的区别是 |
[06:16] | boobs. | |
[06:17] | Hey, do you remember the speeches that you gave? | 嘿你记得你以前做过的演讲吗 |
[06:19] | I do, both of them. | 我记得两个都记得 |
[06:21] | Could I have a copy of one of them? | 你能把其中一份的稿子给我吗 |
[06:22] | No, no, they would remember. | 不不行他们会想起来的 |
[06:23] | Look, it doesn’t matter what you say, | 听着你说什么并不重要 |
[06:26] | it just matters | 重要的是 |
[06:26] | that you’re saying something that people care about. | 你要说大家关心的事 |
[06:29] | You know? All right, here we go. Watch this. | 明白吗好吧我们来试试看我的 |
[06:32] | Attention, everybody! Attention, please! | 大家请注意一下 |
[06:34] | I have some very great news from corporate | 我从公司高层那儿知道了个好消息 |
[06:37] | We had a wonderful quarter. | |
[06:38] | And as a result | |
[06:40] | all of you are getting bonuses for $1, 000. | 每个人将会获得1000 美金的奖励 |
[06:43] | — Yeah! – Congratulations. | 太好了-恭喜大家 |
[06:48] | Unbelievable. It’s great. | 简直不敢相信太棒了 |
[06:51] | You see that? You see how they responded to me? | 看到大家的反应了吗 |
[06:53] | That’s amazing. In that moment, I had them. | 在那一刻他们完全被我吸引了 |
[06:56] | That is so great about the bonus. | 这奖金也太丰厚了 |
[06:58] | No, no, it’s not true. | 不不那是假的 |
[06:59] | I was just talking. | 我只是说说而已 |
[07:00] | So just go out there and say anything. | 你现在只要出去随意说点什么 |
[07:03] | They’ll eat it up, they’re a great audience. | 他们都会听进去的他们是很好的听众 |
[07:05] | Go ahead, get the wallpaper. | 去吧去买些墙纸 |
[07:07] | Wallpaper the ceiling if you want… | 你喜欢的话天花板上也可以贴. |
[07:09] | Excuse me! May I have your attention, please? | 大家请注意一下 |
[07:12] | There has been an accident on 84 West. | 西区84 号发生了一起事故 |
[07:16] | Cars have skidded off the road into the safety railing. | 汽车打滑撞到了栏杆 |
[07:19] | Several cars have flipped, | 已经好几辆车翻车了 |
[07:21] | there is broken glass everywhere, | 到处都是碎玻璃 |
[07:23] | several people are injured. | 好几个人受伤了 |
[07:25] | Do we know anyone who was in the accident? | 事故中有我们认识的人吗 |
[07:28] | Brad Pitt. | 布拉德·皮特 |
[07:32] | Also, there will be no bonuses. | 另外奖金也不会有了 |
[07:34] | Why would this affect our bonuses? | 这跟奖金有什么关系 |
[07:35] | They’re unrelated. | 他们没有关系 |
[07:36] | Is Brad okay? | 布拉德还好吗 |
[07:38] | He will never act again. | 他将不能再演戏了 |
[07:40] | Also, this branch is closing. | 另外我们这个分公司要倒闭了 |
[07:42] | — What the hell’s going on here? – Are we out of jobs? | 这到底是怎么回事一我们失业了吗 |
[07:44] | Yes. – This is karma | |
[07:46] | because of what he did to Jennifer Aniston. | 因为他对詹妮弗·安妮斯顿做的那些事 |
[07:48] | He was kidding! Dwight was kidding and I don’t know why | 他在开玩笑我不知道他为什么要这样 |
[07:50] | because it wasn’t funny and it was just horrible… | 因为这一点也不好笑而且很可怕 |
[07:55] | Michael? – Yeah? | |
[07:56] | You said we were getting bonuses | 你说我们会有奖金的 |
[07:57] | All right, everybody in the conference room now. | 好吧现在所有人都到会议室来 |
[08:00] | Let’s go. Let’s do it! | 快点动起来 |
[08:01] | Cancel the wallpaper. | 墙纸先不要买了 |
[08:03] | As your leader and your friend, I sort of demand | 作为你们的领导还有朋友我希望 |
[08:06] | that you can all speak in public as I can, | 你们都能像我一样善于公众演讲 |
[08:09] | and did, twice. You saw the plaque, right? | 我都讲了两次了都看到奖牌了吧 |
[08:14] | All right, we’re all gonna go around the room | 好的我们现在就在这个房间里 |
[08:16] | and we’re going to make toasts. | 来进行一次祝酒演讲 |
[08:17] | And that way, | |
[08:18] | we will overcome our fear of public speaking. | 我们就能克服对公众演讲的恐惧 |
[08:21] | — You mean toastmaster s? -Pam! | 一是要讲祝酒词吗-佩姆 |
[08:23] | I’m public speaking, stop public interrupting me! | 我正在进行公开演讲请不要打断我 |
[08:26] | Actually, this would be good practice | 实际上你可以趁此机会 |
[08:28] | for your wedding toast. | 练习你的婚礼祝酒演说 |
[08:30] | Yeah, the bride doesn’t really do… | 但是一般新娘都不需要祝酒… |
[08:33] | Have you ever been to a wedding? | 你参加过婚礼吗 |
[08:35] | Can I go? – Yes, good. Jim taking the initiative. | 我可以先开始吗-很好青姆很主动 |
[08:40] | So, I am going on a trip. | 我打算去旅行 |
[08:44] | But I’m not really sure where I’m going yet. | 但是我还没有想好要去哪里 |
[08:46] | It’s kind of open-ended. | 去哪里都可以 |
[08:47] | So, I was hoping maybe you guys | |
[08:48] | would have some suggestions. | 可以给我一些建议 |
[08:50] | You should go to Hedonism. | 你可以去享乐俱乐部 |
[08:52] | What is that? | |
[08:53] | It’s like Club Med, but everything is naked. | 有点像地中海俱乐部但里面的人都是裸体的 |
[08:58] | I was thinking more like Europe or something like that, | 我更倾向于去欧洲或一些其他类似的地方 |
[09:01] | but good second choice. | 但我会把这当作第二选择 |
[09:03] | I’ve been to Amsterdam. | 我曾经去过阿姆斯特丹 |
[09:04] | Oh, okay, you know what? | 好了好了你知道吗 |
[09:06] | That’s not a toast, you’re not standing up. | 你这不是祝酒你都没有站起来 |
[09:11] | – To Amsterdam. – When did you go there? | 敬阿姆斯特丹-你什么时候去的 |
[09:15] | After my divorce. – Really? | 离婚之后-真的吗 |
[09:17] | — Yeah. – For, like, how long? | 一是的-去了多久 |
[09:18] | About a week, or may be a month. I can’t… | 去了一个星期或一个月我记不清了… |
[09:22] | Jimmy, listen to me, | 吉姆听我说 |
[09:23] | you do not wanna go to Amsterdam, trust me. | 相信我你不会想去阿姆斯特丹的 |
[09:26] | — Where do I wanna go? – I’d send you to Hong Kong. | -那我应该去哪里-我建议你去香港 |
[09:29] | I’d like to say hi to my friends in China. | 我想对我在中国的朋友打声招呼 |
[09:31] | 我的中华的朋友 | |
[09:34] | 你好 | |
[09:36] | Okay. Dwight, | 好的杜怀特 |
[09:40] | show us what you have learned today. | 给大家展示一下你今天学到了什么 |
[09:46] | Good morning, Vietnam! | 早安越南 |
[09:48] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[09:56] | Okay, you know what, this isn’t working, | 好吧你知道吗这根本没用 |
[09:59] | because I’m not nervous in front of them. | 因为我在他们面前一点也不紧张 |
[10:01] | They’re my subordinates. | 他们都是我的下属 |
[10:03] | No, we’re not. | 不我们不是 |
[10:05] | Yes, you are. I’m assistant regional manager. | 你们是的因为我是助理区域经理 |
[10:08] | Which means absolutely nothing. | 这称号什么都不是 |
[10:09] | Michael, can you explain? | 迈克你跟他们解释一下 |
[10:11] | Well, it’s mostly made up. So… | 确实是变出来的职位… |
[10:14] | Dwight is not going to do a good job. It’s sad. | 杜怀特八成是讲不好了真让人难过 |
[10:16] | And they’re expecting excellence, | 毕竟观众期望完美 |
[10:18] | because I did do such a good job | 而我之前又讲得太棒 |
[10:19] | Two years in a row, I killed. It was amazing. | 连续两年我嗨翻全场表现完美 |
[10:23] | Confidence, Dwight! | 自信点杜怀特 |
[10:30] | Dwight. | 杜怀特 |
[10:31] | If you could travel anywhere in the world, | 如果你能去任何地方旅行 |
[10:33] | where would you go? | 你会去哪 |
[10:34] | I can’t travel anywhere except Cuba, | 除了古巴我哪里也去不了 |
[10:36] | and I will travel to New Zealand | 但我想去新西兰 |
[10:38] | and walk The Lord of the Rings trail to Mordor, | 沿着《魔戒》白 的踪迹去到魔多 |
[10:40] | and then I will hike Mount Doom. | 然后我会穿越末日火山 |
[10:42] | So now, just leave me alone. | |
[10:44] | Okay. I was just trying to get some advice on my trip. | 好吧我只想为我的旅行找点建议 |
[10:46] | Oh, please. You’re not taking any trip. | 拜托你根本不会去旅行的 |
[10:55] | You know, I majored in Public Speaking in college. | 知道吗我读大学时专业是公共演讲 |
[10:57] | – You did? – M mm-hmm. | -是吗-没错 |
[10:59] | And the first thing that they teach you is that | 这门课教你的第一件事就是 |
[11:01] | you’ve gotta be true to yourself. | 你要对自己诚实 |
[11:03] | And you are all about authority. | 你就是权威 |
[11:06] | Yes. I am. | 是的我就是 |
[11:08] | The great speakers throughout history | 历史上那些伟大的演讲者 |
[11:11] | were not joke tellers, | 他们都不是讲笑话的 |
[11:12] | they were people of passion. | 他们都是充满激情的人 |
[11:14] | So, if you wanna do well today, | 所以如果你想做得好 |
[11:15] | you gotta do what they did. | 就得照他们的样子去做 |
[11:16] | Which is? | 你指的是 |
[11:17] | You’ve gotta wave your arms, | 你得挥动你的手臂 |
[11:19] | and you’ve gotta pound your fists many times. | 并且还要频繁地捶桌子 |
[11:23] | You’re supposed to emphasize your point. | 你要强调你的观点 |
[11:25] | Okay, I didn’t actually major in Public Speaking. | 好吧实际上我的专业并不是公共演讲 |
[11:28] | But I did download speeches | 但我有下载过一些 |
[11:29] | from some of history’s famous dictators. | 历史上著名的独裁者的演讲来观看 |
[11:31] | Like this one, originally given by Benito Mussolini | 像这个贝尼托·墨索里尼的演讲稿 |
[11:35] | Okay, look, I know you’re giving this speech on your own, | 听着我知道你想自己准备演讲稿 |
[11:39] | but I wrote up a few talking points FOOLS OF THE | 但我写了一些演讲的重点 |
[11:40] | for you to take a look at. I hope you don’t mind. DOLS OF THE ADE | 你可以看一下希望你别介意 |
[11:43] | I’ll glance at it. | 我会瞄一眼的 |
[11:45] | It’s time, Dwight, the Grim Reaper is here. | 时间到了杜怀特收割者来了 |
[11:51] | The very best of luck to you, Dwight | 祝你好运杜怀特 |
[11:53] | Thank you, Angela. | 谢谢你安吉拉 |
[12:02] | Why’d you pick the V. A. For the reception? | 你为什么选弗吉尼亚当婚礼接待点 |
[12:04] | Roy has a connection. It’s nicer than you think. | 罗伊在那有熟人有人帮忙会好很多 |
[12:10] | You’re inviting Jim? | |
[12:11] | Of course, he’s one of my closest friends. | 当然他是我最好的朋友之一 |
[12:15] | All right. | |
[12:18] | You ready? Here we go. | 准备好了吗走吧 |
[12:26] | Wow. It’s a little bit bigger than I remember. | 这地方比我印象中大多了 |
[12:29] | Come on. We’re down here in the front. | 来吧我们坐到前排去 |
[12:42] | You all ready for this? | 大家都准备好了吗 |
[12:55] | am just feeling under the weather, | 我好像有点感冒 |
[12:58] | and I think that I will go home and rest. | 我要回家休息了 |
[13:01] | I’ve never, ever seen you take a sick day. | 没想到你还有请病假的一天 |
[13:04] | Well, I’ve seen you take enough for the both of us. | 是你请得太多了我得帮你完成工作 |
[13:08] | Next, I’d like to introduce | 下面容我介绍 |
[13:10] | the D under Miff in salesman of the year, | 敦德·密弗林年度最佳销售员 |
[13:13] | Dwight Sch rute! | |
[13:21] | Dwight, they called your name. | 杜怀特他们请你上台了 |
[13:22] | Dwight, how we doing? | 杜怀特来吧 |
[13:24] | – No. I can’t. – Okay, you know what? | 我做不到 好吧你知道怎么着 |
[13:27] | — I can’t. – You know what? Okay no, no problem | -我做不到-怎么着好吧没事 |
[13:30] | You are lucky you have me here. | 你得庆幸还有我在 |
[13:31] | I’m going to cover for you. | 我先上去给你打掩护 |
[13:32] | All right! | 大家好 |
[13:40] | Good morning, Vietnam! | 早安越南 |
[13:47] | I am not Dwight Sch rute, not at all | 我不是杜怀特·舒鲁特才不是呢 |
[13:52] | I am Michael Scott, his mentor and boss. | 我是迈克·斯科特杜怀特的老板兼导师 |
[13:56] | And until Dwight comes up, if he ever does, | 在杜怀特上台之前如果他能鼓起勇气的话 |
[14:01] | I wanted to say a few words about excellence. | 我想说几句关于”卓越”的话 |
[14:07] | What makes a work environment excellent? | 是什么让一个工作环境变得”卓越 |
[14:10] | Well, there are many things, I believe, | 我想应该有很多因素 |
[14:14] | that do such a thing of that nature. | 在其中起到了不可获缺的作用 |
[14:18] | And one would be humor. | 其一便是幽默感 |
[14:22] | What is the difference between a salesman | 一个男销售员和一个女销售员 |
[14:26] | and a saleswoman? | 的区别是什么 |
[14:37] | I always set it at 69. | 我总是把空调设成69华氏度 |
[14:41] | 或许我们应该请一个 DJ May be we’ll use a D J. | |
[14:43] | That’s the one thing Roy is in charge of for this wedding, | 这是婚礼上罗伊负责的事 |
[14:46] | but all he’s managed to do is set a date. | 但他只做到了定下日期 |
[14:48] | But he did a great job. June 1oth is perfect. | 但他选了个好日子六月十号很棒 |
[14:51] | I want a June wedding. I’ve always wanted one. | 我一直想办一场在六月的婚礼 |
[14:55] | Ryan, do you know when you would want to get married? | 莱恩 你打算在几月结婚呢 |
[14:58] | Actually, I don’t see ever getting married. | 事实上我没什么结婚的想法 |
[15:09] | Ryan, you should be more sensitive. | 莱恩你能不能情商高一点 |
[15:11] | It’s obvious she likes you | 明显她对你有意思 |
[15:12] | .. and comments like that, they just… | 像那样的话只会 |
[15:14] | I know what I said. | 我知道我说了什么 |
[15:17] | I’m very sorry, I did not know that | 对不起我不知道你们都 |
[15:18] | you were wearing a hearing aid, | |
[15:20] | and I just thought you were speaking abnormally. | 我本以为你们只是说话很奇怪 |
[15:25] | And now, the black guy from the Police Academy movies, | 现在是警察学院系列里面那个黑人 |
[15:30] | a robot. | 一个机器人 |
[15:37] | Michael Winslow. Anyone? | 迈克尔·温斯洛有人知道吗 |
[15:40] | Car starting. | |
[15:46] | All right, Dwight Sch rute, everyone. | 好吧现在有请杜怀特·舒鲁特 |
[15:50] | Good luck, that is a tough crowd. | 祝好运这群人真是太不给面子了 |
[16:09] | Blood alone moves the wheels of history! | 唯有热血能推动的历史的车轮 |
[16:15] | Have you ever asked yourselves in an hour of meditation, | 相信每个人都能抽出一点时间 |
[16:18] | which everyone finds during the day, | 去思索去问问自己 |
[16:21] | how long we have been striving for greatness? | 我们到底为伟大奋斗多久了 |
[16:26] | Not only the years we’ve been at war, the war of work | 不仅是在工作的战场上奋斗的日子 |
[16:31] | but from the moment, as a child, | 甚至在幼年从我们意识到 |
[16:35] | when we realized that the world could be conquered. | 这个世界能为我们所征服 |
[16:39] | It has been a lifetime struggle, a never-ending fight! | 我们就开始了这场终其一身无休止的抗争 |
[16:44] | I say to you, and you will understand, | 我可以这样说你也会明白 |
[16:47] | that it is a privilege to fight! | 抗争是一种荣耀 |
[16:57] | We are warriors! | 我们是战士 |
[17:04] | Salesmen of Northeastern Pennsylvania, I ask you, | 宾州东北部的销售员我邀请你们 |
[17:08] | once more rise and | 再一次做出无畏的抗争 |
[17:09] | be worthy of this historical hour! | 在历史的书页中留下自己的名字 |
[17:21] | I’ve got a timeshare in Key West that might be available. | 我在基韦斯特有个闲置的分时度假酒店 |
[17:25] | May be. Thanks. | 可以考虑谢谢 |
[17:28] | You really think you’re gonna go? | 你真的决定要去了 |
[17:29] | Yea h, I’m definitely going. | 是的我去定了 |
[17:30] | Nice. Send me a postcard. | 太棒了给我寄明信片 |
[17:33] | Jim has worked at the same place for five years. | 青姆在同样的岗位上呆了五年了 |
[17:35] | Jim eats the same ham and | 他每天的午饭都是相同的 |
[17:38] | cheese sandwich every day for lunch. | 火腿芝士三明治 |
[17:39] | I don’t know, if I were a betting man, I’d say | 我说不准但非要打赌的话 |
[17:41] | he will have a fun weekend in Philadelphia. | 我觉得他最多只会在费城过个周末 |
[17:50] | No revolution is worth anything unless it can defend itself! | 没有一个值得的革命不能为自己正言 |
[17:59] | Some people will tell you “salesman ” is a bad word. | 有人会说”销售员是一个坏字眼 |
[18:03] | They’ll conjure up images | |
[18:05] | of used car dealers and door-to-door charlatans. | 二手车交易大叔或挨家挨户推销的骗子 |
[18:09] | This is our duty to change their perception. | 改变那些看法正是你我的责任 |
[18:13] | I say, salesmen | 让我们全世界的销售员 |
[18:17] | and women of the world, unite! | 以及女销售员们团结起来 |
[18:21] | We must never acquiesce, for it is together… | 我们绝不能面对不公而沉默因为只有团结 |
[18:26] | Together that we prevail! | 团结起来我们才能战胜一切 |
[18:30] | We must never cede control of the motherland! | 我们决不能割让”国土 |
[18:34] | For it is… | 因为… |
[18:36] | Together that we prevail! | 只有团结起来我们才能胜过一切 |
[18:51] | Australia? I have always wanted to go there. | |
[18:53] | I’m going. I’m a little nervous to run into Dwight | 我马上就要去了 但是有点担心会偶遇 |
[18:56] | on his connecting flight to Mordor, | 在魔多的转机的杜怀特 |
[18:57] | but, other than that… | 但是除了这一点 |
[18:59] | Yeah, I bought the ticket, non-refundable. | 我已经买票了不能退款 |
[19:02] | That’s awesome. Where are you staying? | 太棒了你打算住哪 |
[19:04] | I don’t know. | 还没想好 |
[19:05] | I feel like I have plenty of time | 我觉得还有很多时间 |
[19:07] | to figure out the details, but… | 去考虑这些细节但是 |
[19:08] | When are you leaving? | 你什么时候走 |
[19:10] | I’m leaving on June 8th. | 我六月八号出发 |
[19:16] | Yeah. | |
[19:17] | And I’m really sorry about that. I just… | 我很抱歉我只是… |
[19:20] | Yeah, that’s too bad. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[19:23] | Yeah. | |
[19:27] | Do you want me to take these on my way out? | 需要我帮你把这些顺便拿出去吗 |
[19:30] | It’s okay. I got it. | 没事的我自己来 |
[19:32] | All right. | |
[19:38] | Okay, thanks. There you are. What happened? | 谢谢终于找到你了发生了什么 |
[19:41] | I got thirsty. How’d it go? | 我渴了发言怎么样 |
[19:43] | It was amazing. I wish you would have been-there. | 太棒了真希望你在场 |
[19:46] | You would not believe what happened here. | 你绝对不会相信发生了什么 |
[19:47] | What? Something happened? | 怎么了出什么事了 |
[19:49] | This woman came in, sat down, | 有个女人进来坐在这里 |
[19:53] | ordered a drink. | 点了一杯酒 |
[19:54] | The bartender asked for her ID, | 吧台侍者让她出示证件 |
[19:56] | which I thought was odd, | 我觉得很奇怪 |
[19:57] | because I pegged her at, like, 35. | 我瞅了瞅她大概都三十五了 |
[19:59] | Weird. — Yeah, really weird. | 太诡异了-那可不是 |
[20:00] | So, she’s like, | 她表现出一副 |
[20:01] | ” I don’t have my ID, please give me one. | “我没带证件就给我来一杯吧” |
[20:03] | And he’s, like, ” I can’t do that. I can’t serve you. | 他的表情是在说”我不能这么做 |
[20:06] | — Con artist. – She might have been. | |
[20:08] | So she says, ” Fine. I will go to my room, I will get my purse, | 她说”行吧我会回到房间拿来钱包 |
[20:11] | I will come back, I’ll show you my ID.” | 再回来给你出示证件” |
[20:13] | She hasn’t come back yet. | 但是她直到现在还没回来 |
[20:15] | She’s probably in the room, | 或许她正在房间里的 |
[20:16] | drinking from the mini bar | 迷你酒吧里喝酒呢 |
[20:17] | Right? | 是吧 |
[20:20] | Dwight gave a great speech. | 杜怀特发表了出色的演讲 |
[20:22] | That’s the word on the street, anyway. | 这都传开了不管怎么样 |
[20:24] | And I entertained-Dwight to no end with my bar story. | 我的酒吧故事让杜怀特笑个不停 |
[20:28] | So I captivated the guy who captivated a thousand guys. | 这么说我蛊惑了这个蛊惑上千人心的人 |
[20:33] | Can you believe that? A thousand guys. | 你能相信吗那可是一千多人呢 |