时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | W.B. Jones is renovating their offices, | W.b. Jones公司在装修他们的办公室 |
[00:07] | And their construction crews are taking up | 他们的施工人员占了 |
[00:09] | Some of the parking spaces we used to get. | 我们单位的一些停车位置 |
[00:11] | So we had to park at a satellite parking lot over there. | 所以我们就得把车停在那边的备用停车场 |
[00:14] | Which just means we get to see more Of our lovely street. | 这样也好 我们可以多看看我们可爱的街道 |
[00:17] | Tell them what we saw today, jim. | 告诉他们我们今天看到什么了Jim |
[00:19] | Oh, today we saw a junkyard dog | 哦 今天我们看到了一头流浪狗 |
[00:21] | Attacking the bones of a rotisserie chicken. | 在撕咬一块烤鸡骨头 |
[00:24] | Nature. | 这才是自然啊 |
[00:25] | I’ve been here nine years, | 我在这儿工作9年了 |
[00:26] | and now all of a sudden I’m supposed to park half a mile away. | 突然我就要去一英里外的停车场停车了 |
[00:29] | I lost a penny out of my loafers, oscar. | 我的平底鞋都走脱胶了 Oscar |
[00:33] | I will quit. | 我要辞职 |
[00:34] | As god is my witness, I will quit If this is not fixed. | 上帝作证 假如这玩意不弄好 我就辞职 |
[00:39] | Some of us like the walk more than others. | 有些人不怎么喜欢散步 疼死我了 椅子模特 |
[01:08] | Did you pick a new chair? | 你选好新椅子了没? |
[01:10] | It’s been a while. | 都好长时间了 Pam 起初我看这个目录的时候 |
[01:10] | Pam, when I first opened this catalog, | Pam 起初我看这个目录的时候 |
[01:14] | I thought I was just going to be picking out a chair. | 还以为自己只是要挑张椅子 |
[01:16] | But instead you found something to distract you | 然后就有样东西 |
[01:18] | from ever picking out a chair. | 吸引了你的注意力 让你无法专心挑椅子了 |
[01:20] | Michael started the process of selecting a new chair About three weeks ago. | Michael三个星期前就筹划要换把新椅子了 |
[01:23] | And normally I wouldn’t care, But he promised me his old one. | 本来没我啥事 但是他答应会把旧的送我 |
[01:26] | It’s way better. | 那椅子比我现在的舒服多了 |
[01:27] | It’s one of these: | 那椅子超舒服 |
[01:30] | I really want it. | 我真的很想要 |
[01:34] | Have you ever seen this woman? | 你见过这个女人么? |
[01:35] | Her? | 她? |
[01:36] | The one in the really great mesh, black, hi-back swivel chair? | 那个坐在超舒适的网状黑色高背转椅上的? |
[01:40] | Look at her smile. | 看她的微笑 |
[01:41] | It’s eyes. look at her eyes. | 她的眼睛 看她的眼睛 |
[01:43] | She’s got… I don’t know what it is exactly. | 她有着–我不知道该怎么形容 |
[01:46] | She dresses like a professional, | 她穿得像个职业女性 |
[01:48] | And yet you know there is a side of her that could just curl up on a couch. | 然而 你会觉得她身上又有一种 可以温柔的蜷缩在沙发里的小猫气质 |
[01:54] | Or in a great chair. | 或者是缩在一张超赞的椅子上 |
[01:56] | Uh, yeah, maybe, but… | 呃 是啊 也许吧 但是… |
[01:58] | Remember after my dinner party | 还记得我在晚宴之后 |
[02:00] | When I said that I was swearing off women? | 我说我对女人完全绝望了么? |
[02:03] | I definitely remember your dinner party. | 你的那个晚宴 我怎么可能忘 |
[02:05] | I think what I meant was that I am completely swearing off one woman: | 我觉得我的意思是 |
[02:09] | Jan. | 我对其中的一个女人完全绝望了 |
[02:13] | I think that fate put this catalog in my hands. | 我觉得是命运之神将这个目录交到了我手里 |
[02:15] | Actually, I put the catalog in your hand | 事实上 把它交到你手里的是我 |
[02:17] | ‘Cause you have to pick out a new chair. | 因为你说你要选一张新椅子 |
[02:18] | What is it like being single? | 恢复单身的感觉如何? |
[02:20] | I…like it. | 我…挺喜欢的 |
[02:22] | I like starting each day with a sense of possibility. | 我喜欢每一天都充满各种可能性 |
[02:28] | And I’m optimistic | 我非常乐观 |
[02:29] | Because every day I get a little more desperate. | 因为每一天 我都变得更绝望 |
[02:33] | And desperate situations yield the quickest results. | 而绝望的状态能使你产生最快的结果 |
[02:36] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[02:37] | Would you please open your supply catalogs And kindly turn to page 85? | 请打开你们的供应目录 翻到85页 |
[02:45] | Yo, | 呦 |
[02:46] | Is this his new chair? | 这就是他的新椅子么? |
[02:47] | No, he hasn’t picked one yet. | 不 他还没选好 该死 |
[02:50] | When Pam gets Michael’s old chair, I get Pam’s old chair. | Pam要是能得到Michael的椅子 Pam的旧椅子就能归我了 |
[02:53] | Then I’ll have two chairs. | 这样我就能有两把椅子 |
[02:56] | Only one to go. | 就差那么一步了 |
[02:58] | I am ready to start dating again. | 我又打算开始约会了 |
[03:01] | Getting back on the market. | 我打算重回泡妞沙场 |
[03:03] | So FYI for those of you | 所以 假如你们 |
[03:05] | Who were thinking about fixing me up with any of your friends, | 有谁想把我跟你们的朋友凑合在一起 |
[03:09] | Use the woman on page 85 as a template. | 请参考85页上的美女造型 |
[03:14] | That will be all. | 我的要求就是这样的 |
[03:24] | I left my cellphone in my car. | 我把手机忘在车里了 |
[03:27] | Call us when you get there So we know you’re okay. | 到那儿就打电话给我 别让我们担心 |
[03:34] | Listen, man, | 听着 老兄 |
[03:36] | I am completely over Jan. | 我跟Jan彻底玩完了 |
[03:38] | So… would you set me up? | 那么…你帮我安排下吧? |
[03:41] | If I had somebody to set you up with, Michael, | 如果我手上有存货 Michael |
[03:43] | Then I’d take her for myself. | 我肯定自己上了 |
[03:46] | – I thought you were engaged. – Nope. | – 你不是订婚了么 – 没 |
[03:48] | Stacy broke up with me. | Stacy把我甩了 |
[03:51] | What? | 什么? 上帝啊 真不幸 老兄 |
[03:52] | God, that’s terrible, man. | 上帝啊 真不幸 老兄 |
[03:55] | Augh, she’s crazy. | 她简直疯了 |
[03:57] | Um, are you still on good terms with any of her friends? | 嗯 那你跟她的朋友们还有联系么? |
[04:00] | Not anymore. | 没有了 |
[04:01] | It’s a bigger situation. | 我们闹得挺僵的 |
[04:03] | Yeah… ugh! | |
[04:05] | She’s… | 她– |
[04:06] | you don’t deserve her. | 你配不上她 |
[04:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:11] | Oh, hello, Oscar Meyer weiner lover. | 哦 你好啊 我的Oscar Meyer香肠小爱人 (Oscar Meyer是著名的肉类公司) |
[04:14] | I bet that you have A bunch of very liberal girl-type friends | 我肯定你手上有很多单身的女性闺密 |
[04:21] | Who trust you implicitly | 她们完全信赖你 |
[04:22] | Because they know you’d never touch ’em | 因为她们晓得 你根本不会碰他们 |
[04:24] | Because of your condition. | 因为 你的状况摆在那儿呢 |
[04:26] | – Michael. – What? | – 什么? |
[04:28] | – I have a friend who’s single. – oh. | – 我有一个单身的朋友 |
[04:30] | Sandy. | – 哦 |
[04:31] | She’s gorgeous and she’s got a feisty personality too. | 她很漂亮 而且性格也很活泼 |
[04:35] | Hmm, feisty. | 嗯 活泼 |
[04:37] | So she’s not jolly or sassy? | 那就是说她既不风趣也不时髦咯? |
[04:39] | Not like a jolly, sassy opera singer? | 不会是个风趣时髦的歌剧名伶了? |
[04:42] | No, she’s a professional softball player. | 不 她是职业垒球选手 |
[04:46] | catcher or infield? | 接球手还是内野手? |
[04:47] | I don’t know, Michael. | 我不清楚 Michael |
[04:49] | Is she a dress-wearer Or a pants-wearer? | 她喜欢穿裙子 还是裤子? |
[04:53] | Could we share a rowboat? Could a rowboat support her? | 我们能一起去划船么? 一艘船能载得动她么? |
[04:56] | What are you asking? | 你到底想问什么呢? |
[04:58] | I think I’m being very clear what I’m asking. | 我想我问的非常清楚了 |
[05:00] | Would an average-sized rowboat support her Without capsizing? | 一个一般大小的船 会不会她一上去就完全散架呢? |
[05:08] | It bothers me that you’re not answering the question. | 你快回答我的问题啊 怪难受的 |
[05:10] | No, all right? No, she can’t fit in a rowboat. | 不行 好了吧? 一艘船装不下她 |
[05:12] | Damn it! I knew it! I knew it, Phyllis. Okay. | 妈的! 我就知道! 我就知道 Phyllis 好了 |
[05:14] | What is wrong with these people? | 这些人什么毛病啊? |
[05:16] | I would do anything for them, and they’re just hanging me out to dry. | 我为他们两肋插刀 他们就想让我孤独终老 |
[05:19] | Dating shouldn’t be hard for somebody like me | 像我这样的条件的 本来把个妹子是轻而易举的 |
[05:21] | But it is, and you know why? | 但是现在却很难 知道为什么不? |
[05:23] | Because nobody here is willing to help me. | 因为这里没一个愿意帮我 |
[05:28] | Nothing would ever get done In this office | 在这个办公室里 没有正式的请求 |
[05:30] | without a formal request, would it? | 还真是啥事都办不了了 是吧? |
[05:32] | Well fine, here goes. | 好吧 我直说了吧 |
[05:34] | – I don’t think that this is… – Now okay, | – 我不觉得这… – |
[05:36] | I know that this is probably not appropriate. | 好了 我知道 这样做可能不太合适 |
[05:40] | But I need help. | 但是我需要帮助 |
[05:44] | Because I want to play ball with my kids before I get too old. | 因为我想在我年老体衰之前 可以跟我的孩子们玩玩球 |
[05:50] | and before that happens, I need to get laid. | 在那之前 我需要爽一把 |
[05:54] | And before that happens, I need to be in love. | 再在那之前 我需要坠入爱河 |
[05:58] | and I don’t want to hear “I don’t know, I can’t help, na na na.” | 我不想听到 “我不知道 我帮不了你”之类的废话 |
[06:01] | No, no, I am a catch, | 不 不 我人见人爱 炙手可热 |
[06:03] | And I am not going to be the one who got away. | 我也不会做爱情的逃兵 |
[06:06] | So this is what we’re going to do. | 所以 我们现在这么着吧 |
[06:09] | Dwight is going to hand out index cards, | Dwight负责做索引卡 |
[06:11] | And I want you all to write down the name Of an eligible woman | 而你们 在今天结束之前 必须写下 |
[06:15] | for me to date By the end of the day. | 一个可供我约会的合适条件的女人的名字 |
[06:19] | No, by the end of the hour, | 不 在这个小时结束前 |
[06:21] | Or you are fired. | 否则你们就被炒了 |
[06:25] | Write legibly, people. | 各位 字写清楚点 |
[06:28] | Because of the construction at W.B. Jones, | 因为W.B.Jones公司施工 |
[06:30] | Half of us have to park in the satellite lot. | 我们中有一半人得去附近的停车场停车 |
[06:33] | It’s, like, a 10 minute walk. | 需要走个10分钟 |
[06:34] | No, 30. | 需要走个10分钟 不 30分钟 |
[06:35] | Well, look, I have an assigned parking place in front, So… | 不 30分钟 呃 瞧啊 前面有我的专用停车位 所以… |
[06:40] | all right, all right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 |
[06:41] | Um, let me try to think about what it would be like To not have one. | 嗯 让我想想要是没有会怎么样 |
[06:53] | Okay, yes. that would be bad. | 好 没错 这是太糟糕了 |
[06:55] | Yes. yes. | – 是啊 是啊 – 没错 |
[06:56] | Okay, so… | 好啊 那么… |
[06:58] | – Help us out. – Wish I could, but I can’t. | – 帮我们想办法吧 – 我也希望我可以 但是不行 |
[07:00] | Well can, but won’t. | 我能办到 但是我不想做 |
[07:02] | Should, maybe, but shorn’t. | 应该去做 也许 但是我就不做 |
[07:04] | Michael, please… | Michael 拜托– |
[07:06] | What part of shorn’t don’t you understand, kevin? | 我都说了不做了 你听不懂么 Kevin? |
[07:08] | Look, I could probably handle it, yes. | 听着 我可能完全可以解决这个问题 没错 |
[07:11] | But I think it would be a good exercise for you guys to do it yourselves. | 但是我觉得让你们自己去解决 可以给你们一个很好锻炼的机会 |
[07:14] | – We won’t let you down. – Oh, you can’t because don’t care. | – 我们不会让你失望的 – 我才不会失望 我压根不在乎 |
[07:16] | Listen, don’t forget to fill out those cards. | 听着 别忘记填卡 |
[07:20] | My love cards. | 我最爱小卡片了 |
[07:22] | There’s nobody I hate enough To write her name on this card. | 我还没有恨一个人 恨到想把她往火坑里推呢 |
[07:26] | Well, I’m setting Mmichael up with my fat friend anyway. | 呃 那我还是给Michael 写上我那胖朋友的名字吧 |
[07:29] | He can just deal with it. | 爱去不去 |
[07:31] | – Who are you putting down? – Oh, you don’t know her. | – 你要写谁? – 哦 你不认识她 |
[07:34] | – Who is it? – Your mom. | – 是谁? – 你老妈 |
[07:36] | Yeah, whatever. | 耶 随便了 |
[07:39] | Give that to me! Give that to… | 给我看看!给我 好吧 |
[07:44] | “Hot and juicy redhead.” | “热辣 多汁 红发” |
[07:46] | Let’s give this a try. | 那咱们就试试吧 |
[07:55] | Wendy’s. | |
[07:56] | Hello, Wendy. | 你好啊 Wendy |
[07:58] | This is Kevin’s friend Michael. | 我是Kevin的朋友Michael |
[08:00] | This isn’t Wendy. | 我不是Wendy |
[08:02] | Oh, I’m sorry. could you put her on, please? | 哦 对不起 能让她接电话么? |
[08:04] | Dude, this is a Wendy’s restaurant. | 老兄 这里是Wendy餐厅 |
[08:08] | Damn it, Kevin. Okay, um… | 该死的Kevin 好吧 嗯… |
[08:12] | Could I just have a frosty and a baked potato, please? | 给我来份糖霜烤土豆吧? |
[08:14] | You have to come to the restaurant to order food. | 订餐得自己来餐厅 |
[08:17] | Well, I’ll send somebody to pick it up. Just have it ready. | 嗯 那我找人帮我带吧 你先做好就成 |
[08:19] | It’s ready now. | 都是现成的 |
[08:20] | Well, put it aside. | 呃 那你先放旁边吧 |
[08:24] | All right, um… | 好了 嗯… |
[08:25] | Okay, I collected the rest of the ladies. | 好了 嗯… 好的 |
[08:28] | Good, good, Because this batch was awful. | 我收齐了其他的女士的名单 好的 很好 因为刚才这一批太烂了 |
[08:31] | This one says “chair model.” | 这张写着”椅子模特” |
[08:32] | I wrote that. | 是我写的 |
[08:34] | Michael, you shouldn’t have to settle. | Michael 你没必要降低标准的 |
[08:37] | This is my pledge to you. | 只是我对你的请求 |
[08:39] | I will find her, | 我会找到她的 |
[08:40] | And I will bring her to you. | 我会把她带到你身边 |
[08:42] | And as God is my witness, | 上帝作证 |
[08:45] | She shall bear your fruit. | 她一定会结上你的果实 |
[08:49] | That sounds good. | 听起来很不错啊 |
[08:51] | Go get her. | 那去把她搞来吧 |
[08:52] | W… w… wait, wait. First go to Wendy’s, get my food, | 等 等等 等等 先去Wendy餐厅 把我吃的东西拿来 |
[08:55] | Come back, and then go. | 回来 再去 |
[08:59] | That is fantastic. thank you. Thank you very much. | 太棒了 谢谢你 非常感谢 |
[09:02] | This is just what I needed. | 我正需要这个 |
[09:04] | The furniture company gave me the name Of the advertising agency. | 家具公司给了我广告代理的名字 |
[09:07] | They gave me the name of the photographer. | 代理给了我摄影师的名字 |
[09:09] | The photographer, a spaniard, used a wilkes-barre modeling agency. | 那摄影师 一个西班牙佬 用的是一个威尔克斯巴里(宾州城市) 的模特经纪公司 |
[09:13] | The agency gave me the following information: | 那个公司给了我如下的信息: |
[09:16] | Deborah Shoshlefski, 142 south Windsor Lane. | Windsor南巷142号 |
[09:19] | Dead, car accident. Case closed. | 死亡 车祸 结案 |
[09:23] | She’s dead? | 她死了? |
[09:25] | – She’s so young. – She was so young | – 她那么年轻 – 她的确曾经年轻 |
[09:28] | And now she is dead. | 现在她死了 |
[09:29] | As dead as every dead animal who has ever died. | 就跟每个死去的动物一样 死了 |
[09:34] | God. | 上帝啊 |
[09:38] | why don’t you sit down, Michael? | 你为什么不坐下呢 Michael? |
[09:41] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[09:44] | There we go. | 坐下 |
[09:51] | Michael, you didn’t even know her. | Michael 你都不认识她啊 |
[09:54] | Try not to be so hurtful, Jim. | 说话别那么伤人 Jim |
[09:56] | – Jim, how dare you? – Not at time like this. | – Jim 你怎么胆敢这样? – 这个时候别说那样的话 |
[10:03] | Okay, Michael, you know what? | 好吧 Michael 这样吧 |
[10:05] | I might have someone for you. | 我有个合适的人介绍给你 |
[10:08] | Oh, really? what’s her name? | 哦 真的吗? 她叫什么名字? |
[10:09] | – Burger King? – No, I mean it. | – 汉堡王? – 不 我是说真的 |
[10:13] | She’s really nice and sweet and… | 她人真的很好 而且… |
[10:16] | You guys might actually get along. | 你们俩估计会挺投缘的 |
[10:20] | I don’t… i don’t think I’m ready. | 我还–我觉得我还没准备好 |
[10:21] | Is she hot? | 她性感不? |
[10:23] | I’m setting Michael up with my landlady. | 我打算把Michael介绍给我房东 |
[10:25] | She’s really sweet and… | 她人很好 而且… |
[10:28] | Whatever, I just can’t take michael like this. | 总之 我受不了Michael这样 |
[10:30] | No question about it. I am ready to get hurt again. | 毫无疑问 我准备好再次受伤了 |
[10:35] | We need to assemble the five families. | 我们得把五大家族召集起来 |
[10:36] | No, not the five families. | 不 不能找五大家族 |
[10:38] | We have to! | 我们必须那样! |
[10:39] | The five families are the five companies Of scranton business park. | 五大家族指的是在Scranton商用停车场 停车的五家公司 |
[10:44] | The bosses rarely meet. | 老板们很少碰面 |
[10:46] | There’s Michael Scott, Regional manager, Dunder Mifflin. | 有Michael Scott Dunder Mifflin的地区经理 |
[10:49] | Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration. | Bob Vance Vance冷藏公司 |
[10:52] | Paul Faust of Disasterkits Limited. | Paul Faust 灾难器材有限公司的 |
[10:55] | They call him cool guy Paul. | 他们都叫他酷毙小伙Paul |
[10:57] | W.B. Jones of W.B. Jones Heating and Air. | W.B. Jones供暖供气公司 |
[11:01] | Grade A badass. | 一等一的坏蛋 |
[11:02] | And Bill Cress of Cress Tool and Die. | 还有Bill Cress Cress 死亡工具公司 |
[11:05] | Bill Cress is super old and really mean. | Bill Cress老得没人样儿了 而且小气的要死 |
[11:08] | Kevin, I don’t have time for this right now. | Kevin 我现在没时间管那事 |
[11:11] | I’m trying to get a date with Pam’s hot friend. | 我正打算把Pam的性感朋友约出来呢 |
[11:14] | And she needs to meet me right now. | 她现在就要见我 |
[11:19] | I’m calling the meeting anyway. | 不管了 我还是要召集他们开会 |
[11:23] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[11:26] | Our suspect has straight brown hair. | 我的嫌疑人是棕色的直发 |
[11:29] | She is wearing blue jeans and a black top. | 穿蓝色牛仔裤 和黑色上衣 |
[11:32] | So… | 那么… |
[11:35] | behold our bachelorette. | 看看那个落单的妞啊 |
[11:37] | Give her a 10 for looks | 长相打十分 |
[11:39] | And a 3 for her ability to describe herself. | 打扮自己的能力 打三分 |
[11:42] | Hello, m’lady. | 你好啊 |
[11:49] | Michael? | 我的女士 |
[11:52] | Are you Michael Scott? | 你是Michael Scott么? |
[11:55] | Is who a Michael what? | 谁? Michael啥? |
[11:56] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真对不起 |
[11:58] | I’m supposed to be meeting someone named Michael. | 我是要来见某个叫Michael的人 |
[12:00] | Oh, that’s not… yeah, I’m not… | 那可不… |
[12:01] | Michael? | 嗯 |
[12:04] | Michael. | 我不是… |
[12:06] | large hot chocolate with caramel and a shot of peppermint. | 大杯的焦糖热巧克力以及一小杯薄荷酒 |
[12:15] | So you… | 那你… |
[12:16] | get the rent checks every month… | 每个月都能收到租金 |
[12:19] | And… | 那么… |
[12:22] | What happens next? What… | 接着会发生什么事呢? |
[12:25] | You’re asking me what i… | 你想问我 我是… |
[12:28] | Do with the checks that people write to me? | 怎么处理人们签给我的支票的? |
[12:32] | Just making conversation? | 这不是在没话找话嘛 |
[12:33] | Why is it so hard to meet people? | 为什么跟人们相识如此艰难呢? |
[12:35] | I… you know, it’s, uh… | 为什么跟人们相识如此艰难呢? 我…你要知道… |
[12:37] | All I want is somebody nice, and sweet, | 我所期待的 是某个既可爱又贴心的人 |
[12:42] | And someone I can talk to and share an experience with, You know? | 而且是我能够与之倾心交谈 并分享生活经历的人 你明白吗? |
[12:49] | Why is it so hard for people like us? | 这事对我们这种人来说 咋就那么困难呢? |
[12:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:58] | You want to see what I walked out on? | 你想看看被我甩掉的那位么? |
[13:00] | This is going to blow your mind. Look at that. | 这会令你震惊的 看看 |
[13:04] | – She’s beautiful. – yeah. | – 她真美啊 – 没错 |
[13:06] | Yeah. And you can’t see her whole body. | 没错 你没法看到她的全身 |
[13:08] | Down here, she has a boob job. | 往下看 她隆过胸 |
[13:10] | Just… | 她… |
[13:12] | she was just crazy smart and really manipulative. | 她聪颖非常 而且 很是温顺 |
[13:16] | And I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[13:18] | Michael? Hello. Michael. | Michael? 喂 Michael |
[13:23] | Well, I’m gonna head out. | 我得走了 |
[13:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[13:27] | Well, um, I enjoyed this conversation. | 好的 我很享受这次交谈 |
[13:32] | It was very nice. | 真的很不错 |
[13:34] | It was like talking to the sweet, old lady On the bus. | 感觉就像在公车上 与贴心的老妇人的交谈 |
[13:42] | That’s incredibly rude. | 你实在是太无礼了 |
[13:44] | Now you ruined it. | 现在美好的感觉全被你给毁了 |
[13:48] | Where’s Scott? | Scott呢? |
[13:49] | Michael Scott could not make it today due to an unforeseen prior engagement. | Scott呢? Michael Scott因为之前未曾预见到的紧急事务 今天不能到场 |
[13:53] | Let’s just meet back in an hour. | 那我们一个小时后再开这个会吧 |
[13:54] | Gentlemen, please. | 那我们一个小时后再开这个会吧 先生们 拜托 |
[13:58] | We called this meeting. | 是我们召集的会议 |
[14:00] | Andrew Bernard is the name of me. | 是我的名字 |
[14:04] | And this is my associate, Mr. Kevin Malone. | 这是我的助理Kevin Malone先生 |
[14:07] | I have things. | 我有事情要说 |
[14:09] | All right, what do you want? | 好吧 你们想怎么样? |
[14:10] | Well, first of all, I’d just like to say | 首先 我要说的是 |
[14:12] | What an honor it is to be sitting here With you gentlemen. | 能和各位绅士会面 真是万分荣幸 |
[14:16] | – You have about ten seconds… – We want our parking spaces back. | – 你还有10秒钟– – 我们得要回我的停车位 |
[14:19] | Whose parking spaces? | 谁的停车位? |
[14:20] | W.B. Jones’s construction guys Park in our parking spaces every morning. | 谁的停车位? W.B. Jones的建筑队每天早上 都占着我们的停车位 |
[14:25] | And some people have to park really far away | 有人得停到大老远去 |
[14:28] | And walk all the way to the office. | 再一路走回办公室 |
[14:30] | And some people sweat too much for comfort. | 有的人流汗流的都快脱水了 |
[14:34] | By God. | 上帝啊 |
[14:35] | I don’t have time for this, guys. | 伙计们 我可没时间听这个 |
[14:37] | Just give them back their spaces. | 就把人家的车位还人家得了 |
[14:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:40] | We good? Okay. | 好吧 – 没意见了吧? – 好 |
[14:42] | Could’ve done this over email. | 电子邮件里说说不就好了 |
[14:48] | After Stacey left, things… | 自从Stacey走了之后 真有一阵子… |
[14:52] | did not go well for a while. | 诸事不利 |
[14:54] | And it was hard to see… | 也看不到希望… |
[14:59] | It’s just nice to win one. | 能赢一次感觉真好 |
[15:05] | Margaret the landlady? | 那个叫Margaret的包租婆? |
[15:07] | Really, Pam? Is that what you think of me? | 你当真 Pam? 你觉得我就配那样的? |
[15:09] | She’s sweet and cute. I thought you would get along. | 她又迷人又可爱 我以为你会喜欢 |
[15:12] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:13] | Well, I’m looking for a passionate affair. | 好吧 其实 我期待的是激情艳遇 |
[15:16] | Not companionship. | 不是天长地久 |
[15:17] | I’m a man of intensity. | 我是个精力旺盛的男人 |
[15:21] | Of… of cool, and youth, | 是个–是个 个性张扬 |
[15:23] | And… and passionately. | 青春焕发 并且–并且激情万丈的男人 |
[15:26] | God, just… | 天哪 你就… |
[15:34] | – Margaret? – I know. | – 我知道 |
[15:36] | You just got yourself kicked out of your apartment. | 你才被赶出她的公寓 |
[15:39] | Oh, I don’t care. I don’t really like that place that much anyway. | 我不介意 反正我也不乐意在那儿 |
[15:42] | I’ll just move. | 干脆就搬走得了 |
[15:43] | oh, really? Who’s gonna take you in? | 哦 真的? 谁又乐意把房子租给你? |
[15:46] | You’re messy. | 你什么都弄得一团糟 |
[15:47] | you’re a klutz. You spill everything. | 你什么都弄得一团糟 笨手笨脚 左磕右绊 |
[15:49] | And you leave the volume on the tv Way too loud. | 电视开到震耳欲聋 |
[15:53] | Yeah. Maybe I’ll just move in with my boyfriend | 没错 或许我该跟我男朋友一起搬进去 |
[15:56] | ‘Cause he’s kind of a slob too. | 因为他跟我正好半斤八两 |
[15:58] | Okay. Sure. | 好啊 没错 |
[16:00] | Let’s do it. | 就这么定了 |
[16:03] | No, I, um, well, I’m not gonna… I’m… | 不 我 其实 我不想–我– |
[16:06] | I’m not gonna move in with anyone unless I’m engaged. | 除非订了婚 不然我才不会跟谁一起搬进去 |
[16:11] | Have I not proposed to you yet? | 我还没跟你求过婚吗? |
[16:13] | I don’t… no. | 我不…没有 |
[16:15] | No. | 没有 |
[16:16] | Well, that’s comin’. | 没有 好吧 现在开始 |
[16:19] | Oh, right now? | 就现在? |
[16:21] | No. I’m not gonna do it right here. | 不 我可不会在这儿这么做 |
[16:22] | That would be rather lame. | 这也太没诚意了 |
[16:25] | Okay. So then when? | 好吧 那要到什么时候? |
[16:27] | Pam, I’m not gonna tell you. | Pam 我才不会告诉你 |
[16:28] | I hate to break it to you, But that’s not how that works. | Pam 我才不会告诉你 我不会告诉你这个秘密的 真这样就没意思了 |
[16:30] | Oh, right. Yeah. | 哦 好吧 没错 |
[16:32] | Wait, I’m serious. | 等等 我是认真的 |
[16:34] | – It’s happening. – okay. | – 真的会的 – 好吧 |
[16:35] | And when it happens, It’s going to kick your ass, Beesly. | 到了那时 你肯定会兴奋的一塌糊涂的 Beesly小姐 |
[16:40] | So… | 那么… |
[16:42] | Stay sharp. | 眼睛放亮一点 |
[16:43] | I’ve been warned. | 眼睛放亮一点 我有思想准备 |
[16:48] | I am not kidding. | 我不是在开玩笑 |
[16:56] | Got it a week after we started dating. | 我们约会才刚一个星期的时候买的 |
[17:00] | I don’t know, man. | 我不知道 伙计 |
[17:02] | I was with Jan for so long. | 我跟Jan一起的时间太长了 |
[17:05] | I was excited about meeting somebody new. | 换个人约会让我兴奋 |
[17:09] | Put my heart out there. | 让我分分心 |
[17:15] | You know what you need? | 你知道自己需要什么吗? |
[17:17] | Closure. | 了断 |
[17:20] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[17:23] | What do you mean though? | 可你到底想说什么? |
[17:25] | There was a woman in your life Who affected you very deeply, | 曾经有一个女人 深深地影响了你 |
[17:28] | And she left before you could say good-bye. | 在你没准备好放手时 她就离开了 |
[17:32] | I think you need to say good-bye. | 我想 你该放手了 |
[17:37] | Come on. I’ll drive. | 来吧 我来开车 |
[17:41] | – We did it! – I did it. | – 我们成功了! – 是我成功了 |
[17:43] | We got our spaces back. | 我们把车位夺回来了 |
[17:46] | Nice job. | 干得漂亮 |
[17:48] | – Nice. – Yeah, there it is. | – 漂亮 – 是啊 没错 |
[17:50] | You’re welcome. | 不用客气 |
[17:52] | Did I do this for me? No. | 我是为了一己之利吗? 不 |
[17:55] | I did this for the little guy. | 我是为了那个小家伙 |
[17:57] | For Joe six-pack. | 为了那个跟个手提箱般大的Joe |
[17:59] | The guy who wakes up every morning in his $400 a month apartment, | 那个睡在400美元一个月的公寓里 |
[18:02] | Wonders how he’s gonna pay his mortgage that month. | 从睁开眼就盘算着 怎么才还得清这个月贷款的 |
[18:05] | Wonders how he’s gonna fill his car up with oil. | 怎么才能给汽车加满油 |
[18:08] | Wonders how am I going to pay my kids’ orphanage bills? | 怎么才能付上孩子的孤儿院账单的家伙 |
[18:12] | That guy… | 那家伙… |
[18:15] | shouldn’t have to wonder where he’s gonna park. | 不应该受盘算在哪儿停车的煎熬 |
[18:35] | How did she die? | 她怎么死的? |
[18:39] | I guess you could say she died Of… | 你就当她是死于… |
[18:42] | blunt force trauma and blood loss. | 钝器打击致伤 失血过多 |
[18:45] | She got in a car accident | 她出了车祸 |
[18:46] | And ploughed into the side of an airplane hangar. | 她出了车祸 活活挤到了机棚墙上 |
[18:48] | – God. – yeah. | – 天那 – 是的 |
[18:50] | She was so innocent. | 她太冤了 |
[18:52] | She was stoned, apparently. | 显然 她是磕了药了 |
[18:56] | You know, I used to think That | 知道吗 我原来以为 |
[18:57] | I had this perfect person out there waiting for me. | 曾经有一位完美的人等着我 |
[19:01] | But now I know that that’s just silly. | 现在才发现只是自己一厢情愿而已 |
[19:04] | Because she’s dead. | 因为她已经不在人世了 |
[19:07] | What do you do? | 你会怎么办? |
[19:10] | You wait till next year’s chair catalogue comes out | 等到明年的椅子目录寄来 |
[19:12] | And find someone who’s still alive. | 找一个还活着的人去爱 |
[19:16] | – We move on. – yeah. | – 我们要向前看 – 是啊 |
[19:18] | Where do you want to go for dinner? | 你想去哪儿吃饭? |
[19:20] | I don’t know. I kinda hate all our regular places right now. | 我也不知道 想到咱们常去的地方就头疼 |
[19:26] | you know what, that one… | 你知道 有一家… |
[19:30] | Hey, Pam. | 嗨 Pam |
[19:33] | Will you wait for me one second While I tie my shoe? | 等我系一下鞋带好吗? |
[19:38] | – I hate you. – what? | – 我恨你 – 你说什么? |
[19:39] | My shoe is untied. What is your problem? | 我的鞋带开了 你又怎么了? |
[19:43] | Oh, my God. you thought I… | 哦 上帝 你以为我要– |
[19:46] | – No, no, no. – how could I have thought that? | – 不 不 不 – 我怎么会这么想? |
[19:47] | How could I have thought that? | 我怎么会这么想? |
[19:55] | ♪ Bye-bye ♪ | * 再见 * |
[19:58] | ♪ Ms. chair model lady ♪ | * 椅子模特小姐 * |
[20:02] | ♪ I dreamt that we were married ♪ | * 我梦想过我们喜结连理 * |
[20:04] | ♪ and you treated me nice ♪ | * 相敬如宾 * |
[20:08] | ♪ we had lots of kids ♪ | * 子女绕膝 * |
[20:12] | ♪ drinkin’ whiskey and rye ♪ | * 美酒享不尽 * |
[20:16] | ♪ But why’d you have to ♪ ♪ go off and die? ♪ | * 但是为何你撒手人寰 弃我而去? * |
[20:21] | ♪ Why’d you have to ♪ ♪ go off and die? ♪ | * 为何你撒手人寰 弃我而去? * |
[20:28] | ♪ Oh, you believe in rock and roll? ♪ | * 哦 你可相信摇滚乐? * |
[20:32] | ♪ Can music save your mortal soul? ♪ | * 音乐可否让你的灵魂不朽? * |
[20:36] | ♪ and can you have to dance ♪ | * 你会否翩翩起舞 * |
[20:39] | ♪ real slow? ♪ | * 轻摇身姿? * |
[20:42] | ♪ Well, I know that ♪ ♪ you’re in love with him ♪ | * 我知道你爱上了他 * |
[20:46] | ♪ ’cause I saw you ♪ ♪ dancin’ in the gym ♪ | * 因为我看见你在健身房跳舞 * |
[20:49] | ♪ kicked off both her shoes ♪ ♪ turned off her shoes ♪ | – * 踢掉她的鞋子 * – * 甩掉她的鞋子 * |
[20:53] | ♪ no more rhythm and blues! ♪ ♪ no verdict was returned! ♪ | – * 不要节奏布鲁斯! * – * 没有判决! * |
[20:57] | ♪ rhythm and blues ♪ | * 节奏布鲁斯 * |
[21:00] | ♪ this’ll be the day that I die ♪ | * 今日我将死去 * |