时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | It’s 4:30 in the morning. | 现在是凌晨4点 |
[00:02] | Do you know where your kids are? | 知道你的孩子在哪里吗? |
[00:04] | If you are Ryan’s parents or Pam’s parents or my parents, | 如果你是Ryan |
[00:07] | you do. | Pam或我的父母 你就知道 |
[00:08] | They’re gonna be in this van. | 他们会坐进这辆车里 |
[00:10] | With me. | 和我在一起 |
[00:11] | Who am I? Nothing to fear. | 我是谁? 你别害怕 |
[00:13] | I am just a 44-year-old guy with a paper route. | 我只是一个44岁 卖纸老男人 |
[00:20] | Time to make the donuts! | 做甜甜圈的时候到了! |
[00:27] | Come on. | 来吧 哇 |
[00:30] | No, I promise I won’t do it again. | 我保证不耍你了 |
[00:32] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[00:37] | De-nied! | 被耍了! |
[00:42] | We’ve been making 5:00 a.m. deliveries for a couple weeks now. | 我们凌晨送货 有一星期了 |
[00:46] | Ever since I’ve gotten clean, there’s something about fresh morning air… | 自从我戒毒之后 就有一种叫做 清晨的新鲜空气的东西 |
[00:50] | that just really makes me sick. | 让我非常恶心 哈罗! 该做甜甜圈喽! |
[01:00] | Time to make the donuts! | 噢! Halpert! 哇! |
[01:04] | Boner patrol! | 扫黄扫黄!逮捕那个男人 |
[01:06] | Arrest that man! | |
[01:08] | Your donuts make me go nuts! | 你的甜甜圈让我疯狂 嘿 Pam |
[01:14] | We got the van at a used car lot. | 面包车是二手市场买的 |
[01:17] | We think it says “Alleluia Church of Scranton” | 车身写的应该是韩语的 |
[01:19] | in Korean. | “Scranton哈里路亚教堂” |
[01:21] | It was either this or an old school bus with an owl living in it. | 若不买这辆 就只能买住着猫头鹰的旧校巴 |
[01:26] | You didn’t happen to bring any coffee, did you, Michael? | 车上有咖啡吗 Michael |
[01:29] | – Milk and sugar. – Awesome. | 牛奶加糖 |
[01:31] | You’re a life saver. | 太好了 你真是救命恩人 |
[01:36] | – Wait, is this just milk and sugar? – That’s what I said. | 等等 这只是加糖的牛奶吗? 我就是这样说的呀 |
[01:39] | Do you drink this every day? | 你每天都喝这个? |
[01:41] | Every morning. | 每早都喝 |
[01:45] | We’re doing okay. | 我们公司还挺顺利 |
[01:47] | A couple weeks in and we’re having fun. | 几个星期了 我们很愉快 哦 是的 |
[01:52] | We have 20… | 我们有20箱 |
[01:55] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 噢 噢 |
[01:57] | Sorry, no. It’s… | 抱歉 对不起 |
[01:59] | It’s a paper company now. | 不 现在这是纸业公司的车了 |
[02:04] | It’s not for the church. Subtitles: – Feygnasse Team – | 不是教堂的车 |
[02:11] | Synch: Jarick & Collioure Proofreading: So. & Valpi Episode 5×22 “Broke” | 办公室 |
[02:30] | Who covers Bans Pet Grooming? | Banx宠物公司是谁的客户? |
[02:32] | – They’re my client. – No, they were your client. | 哦 是我的客户 不 以后不是了 |
[02:35] | They just called, they’re switching over to Michael Scott Paper Company. | 他们打电话说 要转到Michael Scott纸业公司 |
[02:39] | Shame, Jim. I expected more. | 丢人 Jim 不止这一家吧 |
[02:41] | In the last month, we have lost | 上个月 我们有10个重要客户 |
[02:43] | ten major clients to Michael Scott. | 都给Michael Scott抢走了 |
[02:45] | What can we do? They keep undercutting us on price. | 我们该怎么办? 他们一直压低价格 |
[02:47] | I don’t want excuses. I want improvements. | 我不想听借口 |
[02:49] | This is unacceptable. | 我要结果 这是无法接受的 |
[02:52] | Hey, boss. | 嘿 老大 |
[02:53] | I’d just like to point out that I have be here less time | 我只是想指出 我来的时间 |
[02:57] | – than these guys. – Why are you telling me this? | 比他们都短 说这个干吗? |
[03:01] | I just think the bar should be lower for a newbie. | 我是新人 标准要对我放低 |
[03:04] | Is this something you really want to have said? | 你真想跟我说这些? |
[03:09] | I don’t want to have said that. | 我不想说这些的 |
[03:13] | But I think it’s important that you know it. | 但是你应该知道 |
[03:16] | I don’t know what to do to inspire these people. | 我真不知道 该怎么激励这些员工 |
[03:19] | – OK, maybe it’s my fault… – It’s not your fault. | 好吧 也许是我的错 不是你的错 |
[03:21] | Some people just don’t want to be inspired. | 有的人不愿意被激励 |
[03:23] | I wrote a memo | 我给所有部门都写了备忘录 |
[03:25] | to all departments asking them to find ways to save money. | 要他们想办法节省成本 |
[03:29] | But… | 但是 Charles |
[03:31] | I got your memo. Thank you. | 我收到备忘录了 谢谢你 |
[03:33] | I’m putting my foot down when it comes to expense reports. | 我想让你知道 在节省成本方面 我会全力以赴的 |
[03:36] | Waste not, want not. | 无浪费 无需求 |
[03:40] | Well said, Angela. | 说得妙 Angela |
[03:46] | Been there, done that. | 别信她的鬼话 |
[03:52] | You know what we need? We need some couches. | 知道我们需要什么吗? 这该放个沙发 |
[03:55] | We should really consider getting a delivery guy. | Michael 该雇个送货的了 |
[03:58] | You know what you would love? It’s if we built a loft. | 你知道你会喜欢什么吗? 建个阁楼 |
[04:02] | Why would I love that? | 我为什么喜欢阁楼? |
[04:04] | – Can we afford a delivery guy? – Like in a dorm room. | 我们有钱雇个送货的吗 做成宿舍的样子 |
[04:07] | You put your desk underneath, you have your loft up top. | 把你办公桌放下面 阁楼在头顶 |
[04:09] | You can sleep up top. | 你可以在上面睡觉 |
[04:11] | – I know what a loft is. – Most dorm rooms don’t even have that. | 我知道阁楼是什么 大部分宿舍没那玩意 |
[04:14] | – Most do in the magazines. – Let’s see what a delivery guy costs. | 杂志里都有喔 计算一下雇人送货 花多少钱 |
[04:20] | We should look into that. | 是该考虑一下了 |
[04:23] | Or we just go for the loft. | 或者建一个阁楼 |
[04:29] | Would you let Charles know that David is here, please? | – 嗨 – 嗨 告诉Charles David来了 – Jim 嘿 – 嘿 David 我们在等你 |
[04:35] | We’ve been expecting you, David Wallace. | |
[04:38] | – Charles and I were waiting for you. – There he is. | Charles和我在等你 你来了 |
[04:40] | There he is. How was the trip up? | 你来了 旅途辛苦了 |
[04:42] | A lot better than a month at the Scranton Radisson, I’m sure. | 肯定强过在Scraton度过一个月 |
[04:45] | It hasn’t been that bad. | 噢 没那么糟 |
[04:47] | These people are the salt of the earth. | 没那么糟 这里的人都是社会中坚 |
[04:49] | You couldn’t ask for a better way to learn a company. | 在这里 我充分的了解了公司 |
[04:53] | I feel like I should be thanking you. | 还有我要感谢你 (Kissing his ass拍马屁) |
[05:04] | The conference room is ready if we want to get started. | 会议室准备好了 如果你想立即开始的话 |
[05:06] | I just want to address everyone first. | 我想先和大家说说话 |
[05:08] | Take your time. Stanley, pay attention. | 好的 请吧 Stanley 专心点 |
[05:11] | Hi, everyone. | – 嗨 大家好 – 嗨 嗨 |
[05:15] | Look. It’s no secret… | 听着 这事已经不是秘密了 嗨 你好 |
[05:18] | It is no secret | 这事已经不是秘密了 |
[05:20] | that Michael Scott has siphoned off a largchunk of our core business. | Michael Scott纸业公司 抢走了我们的核心生意 |
[05:23] | I’m here… I just want to reassure everyone that we think | 我来这里呢 是向大家保证 这只是个暂时的状况 |
[05:27] | this is just a temporary setback. | – 是的 – 好吗? |
[05:29] | Maybe, and I don’t know, | 也许吧 但我不敢苟同 |
[05:31] | if you had just returned Michael’s call, none of us would’ve lost clients. | 如果你回Michael一个电话 我们就不会损失客户 |
[05:35] | I’ve been wondering that myself lately. Wee just gonna get started. | 最近我自己也在思考 我们开始吧 |
[05:38] | We’re gonna figure this out. Rest assured. | 来弄清楚 |
[05:40] | – Jim, can you come in with us please? – Jim. Hold on. | 其他请勿忧虑 Jim 和我们开会吧 Jim 你等一下 |
[05:43] | You know, David, Dwight’s been my guy. | 我让Dwight做二把手了 – 好吗? – 是的 Jim |
[05:48] | I find that extraordinarily surprising. | 真的?我太惊讶了 |
[05:50] | He shows promise. | Dwight表现出希望 |
[05:52] | And Jim, I don’t… He’s been disappointment. | 而Jim呢 我没看到– 他总是让我失望 |
[05:54] | – We’ll bring ’em both in. – Great. | – 让他俩都进来 – 好的 |
[05:56] | Dwight, come on in. Also Jim. | Dwight 来吧 还有Jim |
[06:00] | Come along, afterthought. | 来吧 事后诸葛亮 |
[06:05] | How much can we afford to pay a delivery guy? | 雇个送货人 我们出得起多少钱 |
[06:07] | – If these numbers are correct… – They are correct, sir. | 如果你给我的数据无误 完全无误 先生 |
[06:10] | Then you can’t afford to pay him anything. | 那你一分钱也付不起 |
[06:14] | A lame attempt at humor. | 好吧 |
[06:16] | Swing and a miss. | 空欢喜一场 |
[06:18] | Your prices are too low. | 你卖纸的价钱太低了 |
[06:19] | Lowest in town. | 全城最低价 |
[06:21] | Why do you think Staples and Dunder Mifflin can’t match? | Staples和Dunder Mifflin 无法和你竞争 你认为原因是什么? |
[06:24] | Corporate greed? | 总部太贪心? |
[06:26] | Our pricing model is fine. I reviewed the numbers myself. | 听着 我们的价格模型 没有错 我亲自核对过价钱 |
[06:29] | Over time with enough volume, we become profitable. | 过一段时间 等我们份额够大的时候 我们可以赢利 |
[06:31] | With a fixed cost pricing model, that’s correct. | 是的 如果成本固定的话 这个价格模型是正确的 |
[06:34] | But you need to use a variable cost pricing model. | 是的 但你需要使用 变化成本的价格模型 |
[06:36] | OK, sure. | 好的 当然 |
[06:37] | Right. So… | 是的 所以… |
[06:39] | Why don’t you explain what that is… So they can under… | 何不再解释一下呢 好让他们理解 |
[06:42] | – Explain what that is. – Explain what you think that is. | 你解释一下吧 解释你认为是什么原因 |
[06:44] | – Just explain. – As you sell more paper | – 好的 – 解释一下就好 当你出售更多纸张时 |
[06:46] | and your company grows, so will your costs. | 你的公司在扩张 成本也在增加 |
[06:48] | For example, delivery man, | 比如送货人的薪水 |
[06:51] | health care, | 医保 |
[06:52] | business expansion. | 公司扩张的花费 |
[06:54] | Whatever, yeah. So… | 就是这些吧 那么呢 |
[06:55] | At these prices, the more paper you sell the less money you’ll make. | 在这种价格下 你卖的越多 你的钱就挣得越少 |
[06:58] | Our prices are the only thing keeping us in business. | 价格低廉 是我们公司生存的唯一原因 |
[07:01] | They’re actually putting you out of business. | 其实低廉价格 让你无法生存 好的 好的 |
[07:05] | Hold on, hold on. | 等一下 |
[07:07] | Ty, I would like you to crunch those numbers again. | 你再输一遍那些数字 |
[07:11] | – It’s a program. There’s no such… – Just crunch ’em, please. | 这是个程序 不需要输入的 再输一遍 请再输一遍 |
[07:16] | Crunch. | 输过了 |
[07:19] | Did it help? | 有用吗? |
[07:44] | Hi, Jerry. Michael Scott. | 嗨 Jerry 我是Michael Scott |
[07:47] | This is slightly embarrassing. | 真是有点不好意思 |
[07:51] | I’m going to have to… | 我必须呢… |
[07:54] | ask you to pay me a little bit more money | 向您追加一些款额 |
[07:56] | for that delivery we dropped off yesterday. | 是昨天送货的钱 |
[08:00] | We did. We got the check. | 是滴 我们收到支票了 |
[08:02] | But we’re just going to need a much, much bigger check. | 但我们需要一张更大的支票 |
[08:05] | When a child gets behind the wheel of a car | 如果一个小孩手握着方向盘 |
[08:08] | and runs into a tree, | 朝一棵树撞过去 |
[08:10] | you don’t blame the child. | 你不责备孩子 |
[08:12] | He didn’t know any better. | 他什么都不懂 |
[08:14] | You blame the 30-year-old woman | 你只能责备那个30岁的女人 |
[08:18] | who got in the passenger seat | 她坐在副驾驶位 |
[08:20] | and said, “Drive, kid. I trust you”. | 喊着:”大胆开车吧 孩子 我相信你” |
[08:24] | Now would corporate | 公司同意暂时降低价格 |
[08:25] | approve a temporary price reduction for returning customers? | 来赢回客户吗? |
[08:28] | – God, no. – Stupid. Makes us look weak. | – 天啊 不同意 – 太愚蠢了 是啊 显得我们公司 不堪一击 |
[08:31] | I agree. It just… | 我同意 |
[08:33] | I say we fill Michael’s office with bees. | 我说呢 给Michael的办公室里装满蜜蜂 |
[08:35] | My apiarist owes me a favor. | 我的养蜂人欠我个人情 |
[08:39] | Really? Does he do good work or… | 真的?他办事可靠吗? |
[08:43] | No, Jim. I use a bad apiarist. | 不 Jim 我的养蜂人 技术粗糙 |
[08:48] | Fellas, why don’t we take a five-minute break? | 同志们 我们休息五分钟 |
[08:50] | And then we will come back, start fresh, | 然后回来重新讨论 |
[08:53] | sort this out. | 理清思路 |
[08:54] | Five minutes exactly. | 五分钟 好的 好 |
[08:56] | – Dwight, can I talk to you? – Sure thing. | 嘿 Dwight 我和你谈谈 当然 嘿 |
[09:01] | I saw you called. | 看到你来电显示了 |
[09:03] | You’re just out of business? | 你们要破产了? |
[09:05] | We have maybe a month. | 我们也许只能坚持一个月了 |
[09:07] | – I don’t know what I’m gonna do. – Don’t worry about it. | 我不知道该怎么办 哦 别担心 |
[09:10] | – We’ll figure it out. We’ll be okay. – That’s what Michael said. | 会有办法的 我们不会有事的 Michael也这么说 |
[09:13] | Only this time we will be okay. | 是的 但这次 我们真的没事 |
[09:16] | Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. | 傻瓜 傻瓜 傻瓜 |
[09:17] | – My new “Dwight” ring. – I like it. | 最新Dwight个人铃声 |
[09:19] | Good, right? | – 我喜欢 – 好玩吧 |
[09:21] | Idiot, we’re starting back up. This is Dwight, by the way. | – 喂 – 傻瓜 开会了 另外 我是Dwight 哦 好的 |
[09:26] | Don’t worry. | 别担心了 |
[09:34] | Did I ever tell you about the day that Steve Martin died? | 我跟你们讲过 斯蒂夫・马丁死的那天吗 (美国著名影星) |
[09:37] | – Steve Martin’s not dead. – I know. | 斯蒂夫・马丁没有死 Michael 我知道 |
[09:40] | But I always thought | 我总是想 |
[09:41] | that the day that he died would be the worst day of my life. | 他死的那天 将会是我人生最灰暗的一天 |
[09:44] | And I was wrong. It’s this. | 但我错了 今天才是 |
[09:56] | You want to hear something sad? | 想听点难过的故事吗? |
[09:58] | I would love that. | 洗耳恭听 |
[10:00] | So Jim and I are getting married and the wedding’s really expensive, | 我和Jim要结婚了 婚礼花费不菲 |
[10:04] | so I tried to get a job on the weekends to earn extra money. | 我想找个周末兼职 挣点外块 |
[10:08] | I applied to Old Navy, Target and Wal-Mart. | 我申请了Old Navy TARGET 和沃尔玛 |
[10:13] | None of ’em called me back. | 他们都没回我电话 |
[10:16] | Not even for an interview. | 我连面试都搞不到 |
[10:22] | I never went to Thailand. | 我根本没去泰国 |
[10:25] | Really? | 真的? |
[10:26] | I went to Fort Lauderdale. | 我去的是罗德岱堡城 |
[10:29] | Was it nice? | 好玩吗 |
[10:31] | Yeah, it was amazing. | 是的 还不错 |
[10:34] | There was a great | 那里的泰式米粉不错 |
[10:35] | pad thai place, though. | |
[10:37] | I love pad thai. | 我喜欢泰式米粉 |
[10:40] | You never had pad thai. | 你根本没吃过 我没吃过 |
[10:45] | There’s a lot I haven’t done. | 我有很多东西 还没玩过 |
[10:48] | This is the projection of over three months. | 这是我们三个月的销售曲线 |
[10:51] | – We still have the inventory sitting. – That’s assuming he’s gonna… | 而我们的仓库的存货还– |
[10:53] | Let me float something out there. Can I just say something? | 我能插几句嘴吗? – 我可以说几句吗 – 好的 |
[10:57] | There is a hive of bees outside the front door. | 大门口有一个大蜂窝 |
[11:02] | We kidnap the queen, | 我们绑架蜂后 |
[11:04] | extract her alarm pheromones, | 解除她的警报信息素 |
[11:06] | place them on a flushable wipe, | 涂在闪光的布上 |
[11:09] | put that in his bathroom. | 然后放进他的洗手间里 |
[11:13] | I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but… | 我不知道该不该说 |
[11:16] | the cheapest option… | 其实最简单的办法 |
[11:19] | is to make Michael an offer. | 是买下Michael的公司 是的 |
[11:22] | Yes, I was gonna say the same thing. We should buy him out. | 是的 我也想这么说 我们应该买断他们公司 |
[11:26] | But you didn’t. | 噢 但你没说 |
[11:27] | Oh, man! | 噢 天! |
[11:29] | If only Michael had children. | 如果Michael有孩子的话 |
[11:31] | That’s how you really apply the pressure. | 就可以绑架他的孩子 |
[11:34] | – What is wrong with you? – Jim, you’re pretty close with him. | 你是怎么了? Jim 你和他挺亲近的 |
[11:36] | You think they’d be up for hearing an offer? | 你可以去和Michael谈吗 |
[11:39] | I don’t know. They’ve taken a good deal of clients. | 噢 我不知道 他们现在生意挺好的 |
[11:44] | I guess I could go down there and try to nudge them in the right direction. | 我是说 也许我可以到楼下去 给他们指明正确的方向 |
[11:47] | You know what? Why don’t I do it? | 知道吗 让我去说吧 |
[11:50] | Michael adores me. I’m the man for this job. | Michael宠爱我 我才是正确的人选 |
[11:52] | – Charles, you got my back? – Jim, I think you should go. | Charles 你要力挺我 不 Jim 你去吧 |
[11:55] | OK, so I’ll be back in… Back in a bit. | 好 那我很快回来 马上回来 |
[12:03] | – Can I talk to you? – We’re not hiring. | 嘿 可以和你们谈谈吗 我们不招人 Jim |
[12:05] | – Actually here for something else. – I can’t make you laugh right now. | 其实我有别的事 听着 我讲不出笑话来了 |
[12:08] | You know I love a good guessing game, but why don’t I tell what I’m here for? | 你知道我喜欢猜谜游戏的 但你先听听我的来意 |
[12:11] | Turns out you’ve made a pretty big dent in the Dunder Mifflin sales. | 如今呢 你们生意非常成功 Dunder Mifflin受不了了 |
[12:14] | – Nice. – David Wallace has asked me to come | 噢 太好了 David Wallace叫我来这里 |
[12:17] | and see if you would be interested in Dunder Mifflin buying you out. | 询问你是否有兴趣 让Dunder Mifflin买断你? |
[12:21] | Seriously? | 真的吗? |
[12:23] | – Are you being serious? – He’s bluffing. | 你是认真的吗 他在骗人 Pam |
[12:25] | What you don’t understand is that this company’s worthl… | Jim 你不知道 我们公司的价值 – 噢! – 不 |
[12:29] | We don’t have… | 我们没有那么多的– 噢! |
[12:31] | I’m here to learn as little information as possible. | 听着 我知道的越少越好 |
[12:33] | All I really need to hear | 我只想知道 |
[12:35] | is if your incredibly successful company | 你们大获成功的公司 |
[12:38] | would be receptive to a buyout. | 是否接受收购 – 接受 – 接受 |
[12:46] | – Maybe. – Three yes. | – 也许 – 三个接受 |
[12:47] | I will see you titans of industry upstairs. | 那么楼上见吧 三个商业巨子 |
[12:52] | We’re not only tight-ends, we are also quarterbacks. | 我们不仅是边锋(型男) 而且是四分卫(指挥) |
[12:54] | – Missed the last part. – That’s a pun. | 后面的话没听见 |
[12:56] | Got it. | – 是双关语 – 知道了 好的 噢 哇 |
[13:04] | OK, so you’re not going to reveal in any way | 你可别露馅 |
[13:07] | – that we’re broke. – Of course not. | – 别说我们破产了 – 当然不说 |
[13:09] | That we’re having any problems at all. | – 别说我们有麻烦 – 绝对不会说的 |
[13:11] | Just to reiterate, | 重申一遍 |
[13:12] | none of us is going to say anything | 我们俩啥都别说 |
[13:15] | that might indicate we are going broke. | 否则他们会看出端倪 好的 好的 |
[13:17] | There is no way in hell that I’m going to say that we’re broke. | 反正我是绝对不会说 我们公司要破产了 |
[13:25] | I’m really worried I’m gonna say it. | 噢 我好担心我会说出来 千万别 Michael 噢 天啊 |
[13:29] | You’re fine. | 你没事的 |
[13:30] | We have to come from a position of strength. | – 必须显示出很自信的样子 – 我很好 我很好 |
[13:32] | – Put it out of your mind. – It is. | – 脑子里别去想 – 是的 |
[13:34] | I’m good. | 我没事了 – 你好 – 嗨 |
[13:41] | Michael Scott Paper Company to see Mr. David Wallace. | Michael Scott纸业公司 拜见David Wallace先生 |
[13:44] | I believe we’re expected. | 他在等我们 哇 哇 哇 |
[13:53] | How the turntables… | 命运的转盘… |
[14:01] | In order to expedite these negotiations, | Michael 为了让谈判顺利 |
[14:05] | we are prepared to make you a very generous offer. | 我们打算给你一个慷慨的报价 |
[14:08] | And we are prepared to reject that offer. | 我们打算拒绝这个报价 |
[14:11] | – You haven’t even heard… – Never accept their first offer. | Michael 你还没听他说… 永远不接受第一个报价 |
[14:14] | What is your second offer? | 你的第二个报价是多少 |
[14:16] | $12,000. | 12,000美元 |
[14:18] | Are you kidding me? That is insultingly low. | 开什么玩笑 这个也太廉价了 |
[14:21] | I don’t even want to hear what your first offer was. | 我都不想听 你的第一个报价了 |
[14:24] | What do you hear? | 你听到了什么? |
[14:29] | Here’s the situation. Your company is four weeks old. | 现在情况如此 你的公司才开了四星期 |
[14:32] | I know this business. I know what suppliers are charging. | 我了解这个行业 我知道供货商要价昂贵 |
[14:34] | I know you can’t be making very much money. | 我知道你的利润无法持久 |
[14:37] | I don’t know how your prices are so low | 我不懂 为何你的价格如此低廉 |
[14:38] | but I know it can’t keep up that way. | 但是我相信 你无法维持下去的 |
[14:41] | I’m sure you’re scared. | 我敢保证你在害怕 |
[14:43] | Probably in debt. | 也许你欠了债 |
[14:45] | This is the best offer you’re gonna get. | 这已经是最好的报价了 |
[14:47] | I’ll see your situation and I’ll raise you a situation. | 我了解你说的境况 我来提醒你的境况 |
[14:50] | Your company is losing clients left and right. | 你的公司不停的损失客户 |
[14:53] | You have a stockholder meeting coming up | 总公司就要开董事会了 |
[14:55] | and you’re going to have to explain why your most profitable branch | 而你必须向他们解释 |
[15:00] | is bleeding. | 为什么最挣钱的分部 遭到重创 |
[15:02] | So they may be looking for a little change in the CFO. | 也许他们还会换掉CFO |
[15:05] | I don’t need to wait out Dunder Mifflin. I think I just have to wait out you. | 所以我不需要 和Dunder MIfflin竞争 我只需要等着你垮台 |
[15:12] | I don’t know that I can get this. | 好吧 我不知道你是如何 获悉这些信息的 |
[15:14] | I do have to go to the board for approval. | 我的职位确实要经过 董事会的表决 |
[15:18] | How’s about | 给你60,000美元如何? |
[15:20] | $60,000? | 嗯? |
[15:26] | 60 though. | 6万 – |
[15:32] | – We’ll have to talk… – What? | 我们要谈谈 – 什么 |
[15:34] | – We’re gonna have to talk about this. – Just amongst ourselves. | 我们几个要谈谈 我们私下里谈 |
[15:37] | Please take the room. | 好的 请使用这个房间吧 |
[15:39] | Be right outside. | 就在外面等 |
[15:41] | Take your time. | 你们慢慢来 噢 我的天 |
[15:48] | – $60,000? – We are so… | – 60,000美元 – 我们发财了 |
[15:51] | rich. | 你开什么玩笑? 噢 |
[15:53] | Jerry, the one who got away. | Jerry 逃跑的客户 |
[15:57] | May I ask why you’re leaving the Michael Scott Paper Company? | 请问您为何放弃 Michael Scott纸业公司? |
[16:02] | Really? | 真的? |
[16:06] | Please hold. | 请稍等 |
[16:15] | May I have your attention? | 我有重要的事 |
[16:17] | The Michael Scott Paper Company is broke. | Michael Scott纸业公司要垮台了 |
[16:19] | What? How’d you hear that? | 什么?从哪听来的? |
[16:21] | They’ve been calling their clients and begging them to pay more money. | 他们致电所有客户 恳求他们多付点钱 |
[16:24] | They’re desperate. | 这只意味着一件事 |
[16:26] | Which can only mean one thing. They’re total failures. | 他们绝望了 这只意味着另一件事 他们完全失败了 |
[16:29] | Great work. I mean, great detective work. | – 干得漂亮 Dwight – 你丫闭嘴 我是说 你是个优秀的侦探 |
[16:32] | ‘Cause this must be the first case you’ve ever cracked. | 这一定是 你第一次破案吧 |
[16:34] | You don’t crack a case. | 我不破案 |
[16:36] | At has a pejorative connotation. Like calling a policeman a cop. | “破案”显得很没素质 就像把”警察”叫作”条子” |
[16:39] | You solve a case, and yes, I’ve solved plenty. | 我”解决”案件 而且我解决了很多 |
[16:41] | So how long can they stay viable? | 他们公司可以活多久? |
[16:44] | What are your top five cases? | 说出你解决的五个案子来 |
[16:45] | – I’m gonna answer Charles. – Because you’ve solved zero cases. | 我要先回答Charles的问题 因为你根本没解决过案件 |
[16:48] | One. Case of the beet bandit. | 好吧 第一件 甜菜抢劫案件 |
[16:51] | Missing beets from all over the farm. No footprints. Inside job. | 我农场里的甜菜都丢了 没有指纹 出了内奸 |
[16:54] | Mose in socks. | Mose偷吃的 |
[16:56] | Case closed. | 砰! 案件解决 |
[16:58] | Do not go anywhere near the conference room. | 够了 你不要靠近会议室 |
[17:00] | Done. | 没问题 |
[17:01] | Because you have embarrassed me for the last time today. | 因为你今天让我够尴尬了 |
[17:05] | – Got it? – I’m not following you. | – 懂了吗? – 我不懂你的话 |
[17:06] | You two are morons. | 你俩都是白痴 |
[17:08] | Got it. | 懂了 |
[17:10] | Get out. | – 什么 – 出去 |
[17:14] | So you’ve thought it over, yes, and you accept our offer. | 那么你们考虑清楚了 而且要接受我们的提议 |
[17:18] | We can finally put this whole thing behind us? | 我们终于可以把这事 置之脑后了吗 不 |
[17:27] | Can you give us another minute please? | 可以再给我们一分钟吗 是的 哦 好吧 |
[17:44] | How could you do this to me? You just cost me $60,000. | 你怎么能这样对我 Michael? 我的6万美元飞了! |
[17:48] | – Why would you get the whole thing? – It’s a lot of money. | 你凭什么认为钱都是你的? 这的确是一笔大钱 |
[17:51] | But we need money coming in every week. | 但是我们每天都需要钱 |
[17:53] | We need jobs. | 我们缺的是工作 |
[17:55] | Wouldn’t you rather have a fishing pole than a fish? | 授人以鱼 不如授人以渔 |
[17:58] | I would rather have $60,000, honestly. | 我宁愿要6万美元 真的 |
[18:01] | No, Michael’s right. | 不 Michael说得对 |
[18:03] | Jobs are safer. | 工作更有保障 |
[18:06] | Agreed? | 同意吗? |
[18:08] | Agreed. But that’s all, OK? | 同意 而且到此为止 好吗 |
[18:11] | – Discuss these things… – Shut up. | 对 再讨论讨论吧 闭嘴 闭嘴 人呢? |
[18:14] | I want my old job back. | 我要以前的工作 |
[18:16] | I want my old parking space back. I want a Sebring. | 我以前的停车位 我要Sebring轿车 |
[18:19] | They don’t make them anymore. | 这车停产了 |
[18:21] | And I want Charles gone. | 而且要炒掉Charles |
[18:24] | I am not firing Charles. He’s very valuable. | 我不能裁掉Charles 他非常有价值 |
[18:26] | – That’s very kind of you to say. – I need him gone. | 非常感谢你这么说 David – 我要你炒掉他 – 不 |
[18:30] | – Then I want Pam back. – You already have a new receptionist. | 好吧 那我要Pam回来上班 你注意到 我们有新的前台了 |
[18:33] | Sales. | 她做销售员 谢谢你 |
[18:36] | – Pam’s not a salesperson. – Yes, she is. | Pam不是做销售的 她是的 |
[18:39] | At the Michael Scott Paper Company | 她在Michael Scott纸业公司是销售 – |
[18:41] | – in its heyday. – That’s right. | 说得对 – 好吧 |
[18:45] | – Please continue. – And Ryan. | 请继续 还有Ryan |
[18:47] | Ryan cost Dunder Mifflin hundreds of thousands of dollars. | Ryan害得公司 损失了好几万 Michael |
[18:50] | You know, David? I don’t care if Ryan murdered his entire family. | – Ryan他… – 知道吗 David 我不在乎Ryan是否杀了他全家 |
[18:54] | – He is like a son to me. – Do you realize what you’re asking for? | 他就像我儿子 你意识到 你在索求什么吗? |
[18:57] | You’re talking about salary plus health benefits. | 你索要的是 薪水外加医保 |
[19:00] | And dental this time. | 这次要加上牙齿护理 |
[19:02] | Insurance, taxes, social security for three people. | 三个人的保险 税务和社保 |
[19:04] | This is a lot more than 60 grand. It’s a multi-million dollar buyout. | 这钱加起来何止6万 这完全是几百万美元的买断费 |
[19:08] | These are our demands. | 这是我们的要求 |
[19:09] | Your company cannot be worth that much. | 你的公司不值那么多钱 |
[19:12] | Our company is worth nothing. | 我们公司一文不值 |
[19:14] | That’s the difference between you and I. | 这是你和我的区别 |
[19:16] | Business isn’t about money to me, David. | 生意不是为了挣钱 David |
[19:19] | If tomorrow my company goes under, I will just start another paper company. | 明天如果我的公司倒闭了 我可以再开一家公司 |
[19:23] | And then another and another and another. | 然后再开一家 然后再开一家 |
[19:26] | I have no shortage of company names. | 我公司名字多的是 |
[19:28] | That’s one of ’em! | – 这名字不赖! 是的 |
[19:31] | These are our demands. | 这是我们的要求 |
[19:33] | This is what we want. | 我们只要这些 |
[19:35] | Our balls are in your court. | 你们自己决定吧 好吧 |
[19:47] | Deal. | 成交 好吗? |
[19:52] | Can we have the room, please? | 可以把房间让给我们吗 |
[20:15] | Can you believe it? | 可以 天哪!难以置信! |
[20:17] | Great job! | 太好了! |
[20:20] | Right here! That’s what I’m talking about! | 要的就是这个感觉! |
[20:24] | There are certain defining moments in a person’s life. | 人的一生中有许多重要时刻 |
[20:28] | The day he is born. | 他出生的那天 |
[20:29] | The day he grows hair. The day he starts a business. | 他长头发的那天 他开公司的那天 |
[20:32] | And the day he sells that business back to Dunder Mifflin. | 以及他把公司卖给 Dunder Mifflin的那天 |
[20:38] | What have I learned from all of this? | 我从这当中学到了什么? |
[20:40] | It is far too early to tell. | 现在说来为时过早 |
[20:42] | I am flying high and I don’t even want to think about it. | 我终于展翅高飞了 而且我不想炫耀 |
[20:46] | I just want to enjoy it. | 我只愿享受 – 嘿 员工们 – 不不 |
[20:49] | You’re done. | 这儿没你的事了 办公室 |