时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | Yeah? You wanted to see me? | —什么事? —你找我? |
[00:02] | Yes, Oscar, come on in. Close the door if you would. | 对 奥斯卡 进来 麻烦关上门 |
[00:07] | Thank you. Thanks so much for talking to me. | 非常感谢你跟我谈话 |
[00:08] | Yeah, sure. | —不客气 |
[00:10] | I’m going in for a procedure today. | —我今天要去做检查 |
[00:12] | Is everything okay? Yeah. | —一切都好吗? —嗯 |
[00:14] | It’s routine. I’m just a little bit scared. | 是例行检查 我只是有点害怕 |
[00:16] | I’m sure everything will be fine. | 肯定一切都会好的 |
[00:19] | What’s the procedure, if you don’t mind my asking? | 你介意我问问是什么检查吗? |
[00:22] | It is a colonoscopy. | —是肠镜检查 |
[00:24] | Okay. | —好吧 |
[00:26] | In your experience, what should I be expecting | 根据你的经验 我感官和情感上 |
[00:29] | in terms of sensation or emotions? | 会有什么样的感觉? |
[00:41] | Is there anything I can do to make it more pleasurable for me, | 我能做点什么让我或者乔杜里医生 |
[00:46] | or for Dr. Chaudry? | 好受点吗? |
[00:49] | Oh, my God! | 不是吧! |
[00:51] | My main concern, should I have a safe word? | 我很关心该不该找个安全词 |
[00:53] | Yeah. | 好吧 斯克兰顿 欢迎您 敦德 米福林 接待员 《办公室》 |
[01:16] | So, Michael, you think you can give me a rundown | 你能在周一给我布法罗客户的详细报告吗? |
[01:17] | on the Buffalo clients by Monday? | |
[01:19] | Absolutely. You know what? I’ll do you one better. | 没问题 我能做得更好 |
[01:21] | Sunday. Sunday night. | —周日 周日晚上 |
[01:23] | Okay. I will get it Monday. | —好的 那我周一就能拿到 |
[01:24] | Hold on, big guy. | 慢着 老兄 |
[01:26] | I’m going to put it in the mail Sunday night, you’ll get it Wednesday. | 我周日晚会寄出去 你周三会收到 |
[01:29] | Okay. Jim, you want to hit the conference room? | 好吧 吉姆 来下会议室吧? |
[01:31] | Sure. | —好的 —祝你好运 |
[01:32] | Hey, good luck. | —好的 —祝你好运 |
[01:33] | Oh, right, this thing. I remember now. | 这事儿啊 我记起来了 |
[01:35] | What’s this about? | —这是什么事? |
[01:36] | This is just me and David, if that’s okay. | —你不介意的话 我跟大卫两人就好 |
[01:38] | It’s okay with me. He’s going to want me in there. | 我不介意 但他会想让我一起 |
[01:40] | No. It’s okay, Michael. We got it. | 没关系 迈克尔 我们能搞定 |
[01:42] | Really? Yeah. | —真的吗? —真的 |
[01:44] | All right. Do you mind if I sit this out? | 好吧 你介意我错过这个吗? |
[01:46] | I have so much work to do, I feel like I’m going to blow my brains out. | 我有好多工作 我感觉脑子都要炸了 |
[01:51] | Okay. You got it. | —好的 —好 |
[01:59] | Am I worried that Jim and David are having a meeting without me? | 我担心吉姆和大卫背着我开会吗? |
[02:02] | No. Because we are the three amigos. | 不担心 因为我们是三个好友 |
[02:07] | And once in a while, | 偶尔 |
[02:08] | one of the amigos will go off to the bathroom, | 两个好友秘密开会时 |
[02:12] | while the other two have a secret meeting. | 其余的朋友就会去厕所回避下 |
[02:21] | Hey, let me escort you to your desk. | 让我来护送你去你桌子去 |
[02:23] | Okay. It’s just three or four steps, but thank you. | 好吧 只有三四步 不过还是谢谢了 |
[02:26] | Thank you. You and Jim are close, huh? | —谢谢 —你跟杰姆很亲密吧? |
[02:28] | Yeah. I think the pregnancy really brought us together. | 对 怀孕让我俩走在一起了 |
[02:32] | Hey, what do you think he and David are talking about? | 你觉得他跟大卫在谈什么? |
[02:35] | What do you… | —你觉得… |
[02:36] | Um, I don’t know. | —我不知道 |
[02:37] | Well, you said good luck to Jim as he walked in. | 他进去时你祝他好运 |
[02:40] | Did I? Doesn’t sound like me. Not very superstitious. | 我有吗?听着不像我 我不怎么迷信 |
[02:48] | If you’re lying to me right now, Pam, | 帕姆 你要是骗我的话 |
[02:51] | your baby is gonna come out a liar. | 你宝宝生出来会是 撒谎精 |
[02:55] | That’s how it works. They inherit things through the breast milk. | 就是这样的 他们会通过母乳继承母亲的特点 |
[02:59] | Please don’t talk about my breast milk. | —请不要谈我的母乳 |
[03:01] | I just don’t want you to lie to me. | —我只是不想你对我撒谎 |
[03:04] | I don’t want you to ever lie to me. Have I ever lied to you? | 我永远都不想你对我撒谎 我对你撒过谎吗? |
[03:07] | Yeah. | —撒过啊 |
[03:08] | I just don’t want you to. | —我只是不想让你撒谎 |
[03:10] | I was rushing to fill an order. | 我当时急着去供货 |
[03:12] | I put the ladder up to grab a box of three hole from the top shelf, | 我立起梯子 准备从架子顶层拿三眼打孔机 |
[03:15] | next thing I know, I’m on the ground, ladder’s on top of me. | 结果一晃眼间 我在地上躺着 梯子压在我身上 |
[03:18] | And that’s how you broke your ankle? | —你就这样造成的脚踝骨折? |
[03:19] | Yes. | —对 |
[03:20] | Hmm. Interesting. | 有意思 |
[03:23] | How did the ladder end up on top of you if you fell off of it? | 你要是从梯子上摔下来 那梯子怎么倒在你身上了? |
[03:27] | This doesn’t concern you, man. You need to walk away. | 这跟你没关系 伙计 走开 |
[03:29] | Oh, really? I’m sorry. I thought this was a free country. | 是吗?抱歉 我以为这是个自由的国家 |
[03:31] | I didn’t know we were in Communist Sweden. | 我没想到我们是在共产主义的瑞典 |
[03:34] | If we were living in Sweden, | 我们要是在瑞典的话 |
[03:35] | I wouldn’t have to worry about this | 我就不用担心这个 因为我们会有全民医保 |
[03:36] | because we’d have universal healthcare. | 我就不用担心这个 因为我们会有全民医保 |
[03:38] | That’s not… Okay. | 那不… 好吧 |
[03:39] | Be quiet. I’m talking about… | —安静 |
[03:41] | Hmm… | —我是在说… |
[03:42] | I will send this off to corporate. | 我会把这个发给公司 |
[03:44] | Make sure you hold on to your medical bills. | 你把医疗收据保留好 |
[03:46] | Feel better. | —祝你早日康复 —谢谢 |
[03:47] | Thanks, T-man. Later. | T哥 改天见 |
[03:51] | So long, Darryl. Feel better. | 再见 达里尔 早日康复 |
[03:54] | He’s lying. | —他在撒谎 |
[03:55] | He has a doctor’s note. | —他有医生的证明 |
[03:57] | From who? Dr. J? You really need to investigate this. | 谁写的?J医生?你需要调查这件事 |
[04:01] | People don’t just fall off of ladders. | 人们不会好好的从梯子上摔下来 |
[04:03] | Guy on my street fell off a ladder | 跟我同街的人刷房子时 |
[04:04] | painting his house. It was on the news. | 就从梯子上摔下来了 还上了新闻呢 |
[04:06] | Since when have you known Darryl to rush to do anything | 达里尔除了赶着过来吃生日蛋糕外 |
[04:09] | other than to come up here for birthday cake? | 你什么时候见过他急着做事情? |
[04:11] | “Y’all having birthday cake?” | “大家都吃蛋糕呢?” |
[04:14] | That’s not a very good Darryl. Please! | —学达里尔学得不像 —拜托! |
[04:15] | And how many foremen do you know that pull boxes? | 再说哪有工头自己去拉箱子的? |
[04:20] | It just doesn’t add up. | 根本不合理 |
[04:25] | Well, we did a little investigation, and Dwight had a good point. | 我们调查了一下 德怀特说得有理 |
[04:28] | The ladder didn’t reach the top shelf. I don’t know if I believe it, | 梯子够不着架子顶层 我不知道我该不该信 |
[04:32] | but I am a fan of the hardboiled detective novel. | 但是我是冷酷型侦探小说迷 |
[04:35] | “I’ll punch you into mush, see?” | “等着瞧 我把你打成泥” |
[04:38] | Uh-huh. Well, if he doesn’t like it, you can tell that s.o. B that he is fired. | 他要是不喜欢 你就给那个够娘养的说他被炒了 |
[04:42] | Sorry, I’m going into a meeting right now. I will. I love you, too. Bye. | 抱歉 我现在要开会 我会的 我也爱你 再见 |
[04:46] | Who was that? | —那是谁? |
[04:47] | Sorry about that. What’d I miss? | —抱歉 我错过了什么? |
[04:49] | Michael, we would like to continue the rest of this meeting in private, | 迈克尔 我们希望继续单独开会 |
[04:52] | please, if you don’t mind. | —希望你不会介意 |
[04:53] | I do not mind. | —我不介意 |
[04:54] | Yes, I do. No, I don’t. Yes, I do. No, I don’t mind. | 我介意 我不介意 我介意 我不介意 |
[04:57] | Catch you guys on the flippity-flop. Oh, this… | 一会儿出来见 |
[05:00] | Call waiting. Yeah? | 有人来电 喂? |
[05:01] | Uh-huh. Well, you tell the mayor he just lost six votes. | 你告诉市长他刚失去了六票 |
[05:06] | They’ve been in there a while. | 他们在里面有一会儿了 |
[05:08] | Yeah. Can’t be good. | —对 —不会是好事的 |
[05:10] | No. | —对 |
[05:11] | Think they’re talking about me? | —你觉得他们是在谈我吗? |
[05:13] | No, I think they’re talking about me. | 不是 我觉得他们是在谈我 |
[05:16] | Yeah. That makes way more sense. Okay. Thanks, boss. | 对 那更合理 好的 谢谢 老板 |
[05:20] | What is Jim telling him? That I can’t handle this job? | 杰姆在和他说什么?是说我应付不来这工作吗? |
[05:22] | That’s bull crap. That is bull crap. | 那是胡说 胡说八道 |
[05:25] | Although it has been chaotic lately. | 虽说最近有点混乱 |
[05:28] | Corporate shut down the Buffalo branch, | 公司把布法罗的分公司关掉了 |
[05:30] | which left us to absorb all of their clients. | 我们就要接手他们的顾客 |
[05:34] | I will tell you, there has been work every day. | 我给你讲 每天都有活 |
[05:38] | Had to come in on a Saturday | 周六都得过来 |
[05:41] | to retrieve… I left my cell phone here. | 去拿… 我把手机落在这了 |
[05:45] | Hey, Kelly. | —嘿 |
[05:47] | So jealous of your boobs. | 凯利 —好嫉妒你的胸啊 |
[05:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:52] | Um, listen, I just wanted to confirm | 听着 |
[05:54] | that you’re not coming to the wedding, | 我想确认下你是不来参加婚礼吧 |
[05:56] | which is totally understandable, and more than fine. | 我完全能理解 这没关系的 |
[06:00] | Is Ryan going? | —瑞安会去吗? |
[06:01] | I don’t know, he hasn’t RSVPed yet. | —我不知道 他还没有回复我们的邀请 |
[06:03] | We invited everyone in the office to our wedding, | 办公室里每一个人都被邀请来参加我们的婚礼 |
[06:05] | even though we realized most people | 虽然我们知道大多数人 |
[06:07] | wouldn’t be able to make the drive to Niagara Falls. | 没办法开车到尼亚加拉瀑布去 |
[06:11] | Which is why we’re having it in Niagara Falls. | 所以我们才选择在尼亚加拉瀑布结婚的 |
[06:14] | Then Michael told everyone | 结果迈克尔告诉大家 |
[06:16] | they could have Friday and Monday off if they came. | 如果他们去的话 周五和周一可以请假 |
[06:20] | So now, people have to decide if they want to come to our wedding | 所以现在大家要决定是来我们的婚礼 |
[06:24] | or have to work. | 还是工作 |
[06:26] | Here’s the deal. I really want to go. | 是这样的 我真的很想去 |
[06:28] | But I’m not gonna go if Ryan doesn’t go, | 但瑞安要是不去的话我就会去 |
[06:30] | because it’s kind of a waste of time. | 不然是浪费时间 |
[06:32] | That came out wrong. | 说错话了 |
[06:33] | It would be awesome if you could try to get him to go | 你要是能让他去的话就太好了 |
[06:35] | because I’d really like to be there to support Jim. | 因为我很想去那支持吉姆 |
[06:43] | What can I do for you, hoss? | 我能帮什么忙吗 伙计? |
[06:45] | How are your sales doing? | —你的销售额怎么样? |
[06:47] | How are my sales doing? | —我的销售额怎么样? |
[06:49] | Busted. | 被你逮住了 |
[06:52] | You know, my numbers are down a little bit. | 我的业绩有点下滑 |
[06:54] | And it’s ’cause of the economy. | 是因为经济不景气 |
[06:57] | You’re not buying it. You’re good. | 你不相信 你太强了 |
[07:00] | Okay, the truth is | 好吧 说实话 |
[07:02] | I have been having trouble focusing lately. I’m in this weird, | 我最近很难集中精力 我跟我表姐在打情骂俏 |
[07:05] | flirty, nebulous thing with this cousin of mine. | 搞得奇奇怪怪 含糊不清 |
[07:11] | And it’s a total mind f’er. | 这完全让我脑残了 |
[07:13] | Again with the cousin. | —又跟那个表姐 |
[07:15] | Oh, I’m sorry, Phyllis. | —抱歉 菲丽丝 |
[07:16] | You explain this email. Okay? | 你来解释下这封电邮 |
[07:18] | “Hey, Andy, let’s go visit Grandma and then get drunk together. Ha, ha.” | “安迪 我们去看祖母 然后一起喝醉吧 哈哈” |
[07:23] | Shh. I’m just trying to figure out what’s going on in that room, okay? | 我只是想搞清楚那屋子里的情况 好吗? |
[07:26] | Wallace had to show up | 四个月中 |
[07:28] | on the one four-month period that I’m completely overwhelmed. | 华莱士非挑我最忙的一月来 |
[07:34] | You know when they say, “It’s so crazy it just might work?” | 你知道人们说“太疯狂了 没准真能成功?” |
[07:38] | Well, I don’t believe that. I say go for the airtight plan. | 我不信那个 我喜欢无懈可击的计划 |
[07:41] | And that is why I am having Andy | 所以我决定藏在临时的奶酪车里 |
[07:43] | wheel me into the conference room | 让安迪把我推进会议室 |
[07:45] | inside a makeshift cheese cart. | |
[07:48] | It is just elegant. | 太高明了 |
[07:55] | Be my eyes. You got it. | —做我的双眼 —没问题 |
[07:56] | What have we here? Oh! | 这是干什么? |
[07:58] | Hello. | —你好 |
[07:59] | Just backing up and turning around. | —后退 然后转弯 |
[08:01] | Hey, we’re gonna do this… | —嘿 |
[08:02] | It’s not for you. | 我们要… —这不是给你的 |
[08:07] | I took the liberty of preparing for you a cheese platter, | 我自作主张给你们准备了奶酪拼盘 |
[08:11] | which I will place here on the eastern wall of the conference room. | 我把它放在会议室的东墙边 |
[08:15] | Cheese platter? | 奶酪拼盘? |
[08:17] | From the Wisconsin region, a nice, firm cheddar. | 威斯康辛州产的 美味的硬质切德干酪 |
[08:22] | Also from the great state of Wisconsin, an aged Parmesan. | 这也产自威斯康辛州 陈化的帕尔马奶酪 |
[08:26] | Here you will find a cheddar-style spread, | 这是切德风格的软奶酪 |
[08:29] | which has reacted nicely with the air to form a light rind, | 与空气的反应良好 形成了明亮的外皮 |
[08:33] | which I think you’ll find both challenging and delicious. | 你们恐怕会觉得这既是挑战 也很美味 |
[08:36] | At that point, I would recommend you take | 话说到此 我想推荐你们 |
[08:38] | a quick trip south of the border to the great state of Illinois, | 去南部美好的伊利诺斯州做个短暂的旅行 |
[08:41] | where you will find this fine blue cheese dressing. | 那里有用等的蓝纹奶酪做的调料 |
[08:44] | If I may be so bold, | 我冒昧说一下 |
[08:45] | it’s a lot of fun to let the goldfish | 让金鱼在蓝纹奶酪里游小泳还挺好玩的 |
[08:48] | take a little swim in the blue cheese. | |
[08:54] | All right, well, I should go. Thanks for this. | 好了 我该走了 谢谢这个 |
[08:58] | You’ve given me a lot to think about. | 你给我提供了很多值得思考的东西 |
[08:59] | Please promise me you won’t do anything until we speak. | 保证我们谈话前你不会采取任何行动 |
[09:01] | No, I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[09:04] | All right. Hey, thanks for taking the time. | —好的 —谢谢你抽空来 |
[09:06] | Yeah. Appreciate it. Thank you, Jim. | —谢谢 —谢谢 吉姆 |
[09:14] | Erin, is Michael around? | —艾琳 |
[09:16] | I think he’s around here. | 迈克尔在吗? —他应该在附近 |
[09:19] | Is that… | 那是… |
[09:21] | Hey, hey, hey. | |
[09:22] | You must have walked right past me. How you doing? | 你肯定路过我没看见 你怎么样? |
[09:24] | Yeah. Could we talk in your office for a sec? | —我们能在你办公室里谈一下吗? |
[09:25] | Yes, definitely. | —当然了 |
[09:27] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:36] | It sounds like a EMD P40. | 听着像是易安迪P40系列 |
[09:41] | Nah. That’s a GE. | 不是 是通用电气的 |
[09:44] | The P40 is much higher-pitched. | —P40系列的音调高很多 |
[09:46] | You’re into trains? | —你喜欢火车? |
[09:47] | Have been my whole life. Wow! | 喜欢了一辈子了 |
[09:49] | I’m rebuilding a turn-of-the-century steam engine | 我在屠宰场里重建本世纪初期的蒸汽发动机 |
[09:51] | in my slaughterhouse. | |
[09:53] | That’s so cool. Yeah. | —太酷了 —没错 |
[09:55] | Wow! I’d love to take a look at that. | 我很想看看 |
[09:57] | Yeah. It’s just a run-of-the-mill slaughterhouse, | 那只是个普通的屠宰场 |
[09:58] | but sure, anytime. | —不过随时欢迎 —是去看火车 |
[09:59] | Well, you know, because of the trains. | —不过随时欢迎 —是去看火车 |
[10:02] | Wait, someone’s coming. Oh, boy. Oh, boy. | —等等 有人来了 —天啊 |
[10:04] | It’s Darryl! Get down! He’s not using crutches! | 是达里尔!趴下! 他没在用拐杖 |
[10:06] | Get the camera. Start taping. | 把相机拿出来 开始录 |
[10:08] | Drive! | —开车! |
[10:09] | Worker’s comp, my ass! | —什么工伤赔偿啊! |
[10:11] | I can’t believe this. | 真难以置信 |
[10:13] | Hey, you ass! | —你混蛋… |
[10:14] | Toby! | —托比 |
[10:15] | You gonna eat all that dog food yourself? | 你要自己一人吃那么多狗食吗? |
[10:19] | No, no! | 糟糕! |
[10:22] | Oh, man! You okay? | —天啊 |
[10:23] | Just drive. | 你还好吗? —就开车吧 |
[10:29] | Hey, Ryan. Hey. | —嘿 瑞安 —嘿 |
[10:31] | So, I just wanted to confirm that you’re not coming to my wedding. | 我想确认下你是不来参加我的婚礼吧 |
[10:34] | Yeah, I might stop by. | —我可能会顺道去一趟 |
[10:36] | It costs about $75 per person. | —要花75美元 |
[10:38] | Okay. I once had a glass of Cognac that cost $77, so… | 我喝过一杯价值77美元的干邑白兰地 所以… |
[10:42] | Can you just tell me now if you’re coming or not? | 你能现在告诉我是来还是不来吗? |
[10:46] | Yes. I’m coming to your wedding. | 我会去你的婚礼 |
[10:48] | Okay. Ryan Howard, yes. | —好吧 |
[10:50] | Probably yes. | 瑞恩·霍华德会去 —可能会去 |
[10:52] | Kelly Kapoor, yes. | 凯利·卡普尔会去 |
[10:54] | Are you sure you’re okay with these new responsibilities? | 你确定你能应付来新的责任? |
[10:57] | Look who you’re talking to. | 想想你在跟谁说话 |
[10:59] | Just trying to figure out the best way to utilize everyone’s talents. | 我想找到最好的方式来利用每个人的才能 |
[11:02] | Well, I would say that my greatest talent | 我最大的才能为经营家分公司的最佳人选 |
[11:05] | is being the best man, woman or child | |
[11:08] | to have ever run this branch. Ever. | —是有史以来的最佳人选 |
[11:10] | And what about Jim? | —那杰姆呢? |
[11:11] | You think Jim is someone who is ready | 你觉得杰姆能胜任管理层的职位吗? |
[11:12] | to move into a management position? | |
[11:20] | Permission to speak on the record. | —请恕我直言 |
[11:22] | Please do. | —请讲 |
[11:23] | Jim is like Big Bird. | 杰姆就像芝麻街里的大鸟 |
[11:26] | He is tall and yellow and very nice. | 他高大 黄黄的 人很好 |
[11:31] | But would I put him in charge? No. | 但我会让他管事吗?不会的 |
[11:34] | I don’t think so. He… Big Bird doesn’t make the tough decisions. | 我不会的 他… 大鸟优柔寡断 |
[11:39] | If I was going to put someone in charge, I would put Bert in charge. | 我要是找管事的人的话 我会找伯特 |
[11:43] | Or I would put one of the real grownups in charge, | 或者我会找个真正的成年人事 |
[11:45] | like Maria. | 比如玛丽亚 |
[11:46] | Or Gordon, maybe. | —或者戈登 |
[11:48] | I thought you liked Jim. | —我以为你喜欢杰姆 |
[11:49] | Very much. Jim is my best friend. | 很喜欢 |
[11:51] | But here’s his performance report. | 杰姆是我最好的朋友 但这是他的表现报告 |
[11:56] | Right here. | 就在这 |
[11:57] | Now, this was written by Toby, | 这是托比写的 |
[12:00] | who we all know is extremely reliable. | 我们都知道他很可靠 |
[12:04] | “Constant office distraction. Spends way too much time at reception. | “工作时间内常注意力不集中 在前台晃荡时间太长 |
[12:08] | “Antagonizes other salesmen. Not at all what he thinks he is.” | “让其他推销员反感 自以为是” |
[12:11] | It’s not very well written. But you get the gist. | 报告用词不太好 但是你明白大意 |
[12:15] | Is there anybody else you think could run the day-to-day of the branch? | 你认为还有其他人能管理分公司的日常事务吗? |
[12:18] | I could just continue to run it myself, that’s… | 我可以继续自己管理 |
[12:20] | Jim had an interesting idea to help you with this extra workload. | 杰姆的主意挺有意思 说他来帮你处理额外的工作 |
[12:24] | And it involved you being promoted | 提拔你来监管东北的销售 |
[12:26] | to oversee all northeast sales. | |
[12:29] | And then Jim would be promoted to your position. | 那样杰姆被提拔到你的职位 |
[12:34] | This was Jim’s idea? | 那是杰姆的主意? |
[12:36] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[12:38] | Wow! | |
[12:42] | Well, I’d have to talk to my mother and my guy at H&R Block. | 我得跟我母亲和人事处的人谈一下 |
[12:51] | Okay. But, well, see, here’s the thing, though. | 好吧 不过是这样的 |
[12:52] | The plan doesn’t work | 除非找到取代你的人 |
[12:54] | unless we have someone to replace you. I was hoping… | 这计划无法成功 我本来希望… |
[12:58] | Plus, we have to worry about Jim. He has another job offer. | 而且我们还得考虑吉姆 有别的公司想聘他 |
[13:01] | We may have to replace him. | 我们有可能要找人取代他 |
[13:04] | I didn’t tell Michael because I thought he’d try to help. | 我没告诉迈克尔是因为我觉得他会帮倒忙 |
[13:08] | Example, he handed out Jell-O shots at the 23rd mile of the Steamtown Marathon. | 比如在蒸汽镇马拉松赛上 跑到第37公里时他给选手发果冻酒 |
[13:16] | Jim, can you walk me down to my car for a second? | 吉姆 你能跟我一起走到我车那儿吗? |
[13:18] | Sure. | 当然了 |
[13:41] | I can’t help but feel partially responsible. | 我感到对此有责任 |
[13:53] | Little pick-me-up. Those are the best. Sugar rush. | 吃点提提神吧 这是最好的 高糖效应 |
[13:57] | When you were in the office earlier talking to Wallace, | 你刚才在办公室里跟华莱士谈话时 |
[14:00] | did I come up at all? | 有谈到我吗? |
[14:03] | Well, we did talk about how handsome you are. | 我们只谈了我有多帅 |
[14:06] | Why don’t we head into your office and talk? | 不如我们去你的办公室谈一下吧 |
[14:08] | Okay. What did we… God! We said… | 好吧 我们有谈什么… 我们说… |
[14:12] | I know there were certain things we said. | 我知道我们谈了点事情 |
[14:15] | Michael, look. I’ll just be honest with you. | 迈克尔 我跟你实话实说 |
[14:17] | Earlier today, I spoke with Wallace about a promotion. | 今天早些时候 我跟华莱士谈到晋升的问题 |
[14:20] | And I actually think that talk went really well. | 我觉得话谈得很好 |
[14:22] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[14:23] | And then, after he spoke with you, | 然后他有跟你讲话 |
[14:24] | for some reason, it felt like things had changed. | 不知道为什么 感觉情况就变了 |
[14:27] | Hmm. That’s weird. That’s weird. | 那很奇怪 |
[14:30] | Kind of weirding me out. | 我觉得很奇怪 |
[14:32] | Did you know that Lincoln’s secretary was named Kennedy? | 你知道林肯的秘书名叫肯尼迪吗? |
[14:35] | Michael, did you say anything? | 迈克尔 你有跟他说什么吗? |
[14:38] | Tell you what, when you leave this office, | 听着 你走出办公室后 |
[14:40] | I’m going to call Wallace and I’m going to tell him | 我就给华莱士打电话 |
[14:43] | that you should get that promotion. | 告诉他要提升你 |
[14:44] | Really? Yes. | —真的? —对 |
[14:46] | You will? Yes. | —你真会打吗? —会的 |
[14:47] | Wanna do it right now? | —你想现在就打吗? |
[14:49] | Yes. | —好的 |
[14:51] | I tried to keep Michael in the dark. | 我本想瞒着迈克尔 |
[14:55] | I should have known that he can do just as much damage in the dark. | 但我早该想到就算瞒着他 他也能把事情搞砸 |
[14:59] | I need to see your pupils. | 我需要看看你的瞳孔 |
[15:01] | I have to see if they’re dilating… | —我需要看看你瞳孔有没有放大 |
[15:02] | Toby! Dwight! | —托比!德怀特! |
[15:05] | Is that them? | —是他们吗? |
[15:06] | Definitely. | —绝对是 |
[15:09] | You come to my house, bust up my trash cans, | 你们来我家 弄翻了我的垃圾箱 |
[15:12] | call my baby sister an ass and told her to eat dog food? | 管我的姐姐叫混蛋 还叫她吃狗食? |
[15:15] | We thought that she was you. | —我们以为她是你 |
[15:16] | Why would you think a lady is me? | —你为什么会以为一位女士是我? |
[15:22] | Are you serious? Because you look exactly alike. | 你当真吗?因为你们长得很像啊 |
[15:27] | Am I the only one? – That’s too far… | —只有我这么觉得吗? —那太过分了… |
[15:28] | Are you getting this? I mean… | 你看不像吗?我说… |
[15:30] | I don’t see it. | —我看不像 |
[15:31] | Here’s what I’m gonna do. | —我接下来要这么办 |
[15:33] | I’m calling corporate and I’m filing a complaint against both of you. | 我会给公司打电话投诉你们俩 |
[15:37] | Oh, Darryl. | —噢 达里尔 |
[15:38] | Come on, Gwyneth. | —走吧 格温尼斯 |
[15:40] | Sad. | 太悲哀了 |
[15:43] | This is David. | 这是大卫在讲话 |
[15:45] | Hey, David, this is Michael… | 嘿 大卫 我是迈克尔… |
[15:49] | Michael Scott here. Yeah. | —迈克尔·思科特 —好的 |
[15:50] | Just wanted to talk to you about Jim Halpert. | 我想跟你讲讲杰姆·哈尔珀特的事 |
[15:52] | I understand that he did not receive that promotion, | 我知道他没有被提升 |
[15:57] | and I wanted to see what I could do | 我想看看我能做什么让你改变注意 |
[15:59] | to nudge you in the right direction. | |
[16:02] | So, what, you’re changing your mind about Jim? | 怎么 你改变对吉姆的看法了? |
[16:04] | Absolutely not! Like I said before, | 完全没有!就像我之前所说的 |
[16:09] | Jim is fantastic and he deserves this job. | 吉姆很棒 应该得到这份工作 |
[16:14] | Michael, it seems like you’re cutting in and out. | 迈克尔 你出尔反尔啊 |
[16:16] | This is not what you said earlier. | 你之前不是这么说的 |
[16:19] | What… Here’s the thing. | 什么… 是这样的 |
[16:22] | Jim is the best man for this job. | 杰姆是这个职位的最佳人选 |
[16:23] | I think you should give it to him. | 我觉得你应该给他 |
[16:25] | Well, it doesn’t change what you showed me in Jim’s file. | 你给我看的杰姆的文件不是如此啊 |
[16:27] | What? Well… | —什么? —那个… |
[16:29] | That was an anomaly. | 那只是个异常 |
[16:32] | That file had been falsified. Toby Flenderson is doing drugs. | 那文件被篡改了 托比·弗兰德森在吸毒 |
[16:38] | Michael, I really don’t know what’s going on down there, but… | 迈克尔 我真不知道发生了什么 但是… |
[16:41] | Oh, damn it! | 妈的! |
[16:43] | I am getting pulled over for talking on my cell. Damn it! | 警察看到我打电话 让我停在路边 妈的! |
[16:50] | Hey, Darryl, look, we’re here to apologize. | 嘿 达里尔 我们来道歉 |
[16:55] | We’re cool. – Wait. | —我们没事 —等等 |
[16:56] | They’re using the lift as their own personal elevator. | 他们把电梯当作私人电梯 |
[16:58] | What? He broke his ankle | —什么? —他爬栏杆时 |
[17:00] | climbing over the railing, then he lied about it | 脚踝摔骨折了 然后他撒谎 |
[17:02] | because it was a misuse of company equipment. | 因为那是滥用公司器械 |
[17:05] | Case closed. | —结案 |
[17:07] | Stupidest thing I ever heard. | —这是我听过的最愚蠢的事了 |
[17:08] | Really? Then why is there new wood only on one railing? | 真的吗?那为什么只有一个栏杆上有新木头? |
[17:13] | Let’s just check the security tapes, Toby. | 托比 我们去看看监控录像 |
[17:17] | Well, you know, I don’t think there’s any reason to check them, | 我觉得没必要去看录像 |
[17:20] | but I suppose if we wanted to be really certain. | 但是我们要是想要完全确定 |
[17:23] | All right. Yeah. Fine, so whatever. | 好吧 随你怎样吧 |
[17:25] | Yes! | —太棒了! |
[17:26] | You really did it. | —你真的成功了 |
[17:28] | Now, I would like to file an official complaint to corporate | 我想要提交一份正式的投诉书 |
[17:32] | because Darryl lied on an official form. | 因为达里尔在他的表格上撒谎 |
[17:35] | And I’m telling them you guys sexually harassed my sister. | 那我就跟他们说你们对我姐姐性骚扰 |
[17:38] | No judge is gonna believe that. | 没有法官会相信的 |
[17:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:45] | Look, we could all file complaints against each other | 听着 我们可以都对彼此投诉 |
[17:48] | and just drown in a sea of paperwork, but, | 然后淹死在一大批文件中 |
[17:51] | you know, we’ll just move on with our lives. | 或者我们可以继续我们的生活 |
[17:55] | So, Dwight and Darryl came to an agreement that they would both file | 德怀特和达里尔达成共识 |
[18:00] | complaints with corporate, | 决定会向公司对彼此投诉 |
[18:02] | and now I get to do all this paperwork. | 结果轮到我处理这一系列文件 |
[18:06] | We worked it out. | 我们把这个解决了 |
[18:10] | Hey, hey, Jim. It would make me feel really good right now | 杰姆 你要是能打我脸的话 |
[18:13] | if you would just punch me in the face, all right? Just do it. | 会让我感觉好点 就打我吧 |
[18:17] | How many times have I asked you | 我问过你多少次推荐我做分公司的经理? |
[18:18] | to put me up for a branch manager job? | |
[18:20] | I never recommended you because I didn’t want to lose you. | 我从没推荐你是因为我不想失去你 |
[18:23] | And I didn’t want to lose Pam. | 我不想失去帕姆 |
[18:25] | Now I don’t want to lose the baby. | 我还不想失去宝宝 |
[18:26] | So, instead, you screwed me? | 所以你就骗我? |
[18:28] | That’s what she said. No. | —她是这么说的 —不要搞 |
[18:32] | David Wallace is calling. | 大卫·华莱士来电了 |
[18:33] | We’re kind of in the middle of something here. | 我们在忙呢 |
[18:34] | Should I tell him you’ll call back? | —我要告诉他你会打给他吗? |
[18:35] | Yeah. No. I’ll tell him myself. | —不要 我自己告诉他 |
[18:39] | Let’s both. | 我俩一起 |
[18:44] | Hello? | 喂? |
[18:45] | Hey, Michael. Yes. | —嘿 迈克尔 —对 |
[18:47] | You got Jim there with you? | —杰姆跟你在一起吗? |
[18:48] | No, it’s just us. | —没有 就我俩 |
[18:49] | Actually, can you call Jim in? I want him on this. Please. | 你能叫杰姆进来吗?我想跟他一起说 |
[18:52] | Oh! Well, here he is right now. | 他现在来了 |
[18:56] | Come in. | 进来 |
[19:03] | Hi, David. | 嗨 大卫 |
[19:05] | Hey, guys. So, I spoke to Alan. | 大家好 我跟阿伦谈过了 |
[19:08] | We had kind of an unconventional idea, which I think is pretty cool. | 我们有个不同寻常的主意 我觉得还挺酷的 |
[19:11] | But it only works if everyone’s onboard. | 但只有每个人都同意才能成功 |
[19:14] | Well, just as long as it means Jim becomes a manager. | 只要杰姆能成为经理就好 |
[19:17] | We were thinking of having two branch managers in Scranton. | 我们想着在斯克兰顿分公司设立 两个经理 |
[19:20] | Both of you guys working as co-managers. | 你们俩作联席经理 |
[19:23] | Jim would handle the day-to-day, | 杰姆负责日常事物 |
[19:24] | and Michael, you would focus on clients and big picture stuff. | 迈克尔负责客户和大事 |
[19:28] | Wow! That sounds pretty cool. | —听着挺酷的 |
[19:29] | I like that! | —我很喜欢! |
[19:30] | So, manager and co-manager. | —那经理和联席经理 |
[19:32] | Co-manager and co-manager. | —是联席经理和联席经理 |
[19:34] | See, there are a lot of moving pieces | 有很多复杂的问题 |
[19:36] | and this is the only way I can sell it upstairs. | 只有如此 我才能让上级买账 |
[19:38] | Well, that might be a little confusing for people | 那可能会让人困惑 |
[19:40] | because they know me as manager. | 因为大家只认我是经理 |
[19:43] | All right, hey, Michael, can you pick up for one second? | 好了 迈克尔 你能拿起电话吗? |
[19:47] | Okay, look, I’m not going to force you into anything. | 听着 我不想逼你做任何事 |
[19:50] | If you’re willing to lose Jim, fine. | 你要是愿意失去杰姆 没问题 |
[19:52] | You just say so. We’ll find another solution. Okay? | 你就说 我们会想办法解决的 |
[19:56] | Is that what you want to do? | 你想那样吗? |
[20:05] | Okay, people, listen up! – Okay, everybody. | —大家听好了! —大家 |
[20:06] | I have an announcement to make. | 我有事宣布 |
[20:08] | Fraud was committed in… Whoa! | 有人犯了欺诈罪… |
[20:10] | Do you have an announcement? | —你有事宣布? |
[20:11] | I was making it. | —我在宣布… |
[20:12] | Everybody, David Wallace and I have talked, | 大家 大卫·华莱士给我谈过了 |
[20:15] | and we have decided to promote Jim to the position of co-manager. | 我们决定把杰姆提升为联席经理 |
[20:20] | Co-manager of what? | —什么联席经理? |
[20:21] | Of your butt! | —你的联席经理! |
[20:24] | And your butt, and your butt, and your butt. All of Scranton branch butts. | 也是你的 还是你的 是所有斯克兰顿分公司的 |
[20:28] | What’s happening to you, Michael? | —你出了什么事 |
[20:29] | What’s happening to me? | 迈克尔? —我出了什么事? |
[20:30] | I am also being promoted to co-manager. | 我也被提升为联席经理 |
[20:33] | We will be co-managers together. | 我们一起做联席经理 |
[20:37] | Jim Halpert, welcome. | —杰姆·哈尔珀特 |
[20:39] | Thank you. | 欢迎 —谢谢 |
[20:50] | Niagara Falls in October? Hells yeah! | 十月份去尼亚加拉瀑布?太棒啦! |
[20:52] | Do you think that you could send in your RSVP card? | 你能发给我你的应邀回复卡吗? |
[20:56] | No. I’ll just tell you now. Easier. | —不用 我现在就告诉你 |
[20:57] | Well, you have to choose a food option, | 更简单 —你需要选择食物 |
[21:00] | and there’s information in there about directions and lodging. | 上面还有关于地址和住宿的信息 |
[21:02] | I’ll just have whatever’s fanciest, unless there’s ribs, | 我就吃最贵的 除非有排骨 |
[21:05] | and I’ll just get all the other information the day of. I’ll text you. | 我当天看其他的信息 我会给你发短信 |
[21:08] | You are going to text me the morning of my wedding | 你要在我结婚当天大早上给我发短信 |
[21:11] | to ask for directions… Mmm-hmm. Right. | —来问路 —对 |
[21:13] | …and you will eat whatever is fanciest? | —你要吃最贵的? |
[21:15] | Unless there’s ribs. | —除非有排骨 |
[21:18] | Rude. | —没教养 |
[21:19] | So rude, right? Mmm-hmm. | —太没教养了吧? |
[21:21] | Oh, my gosh. I have been chasing people down all day. | 天啊 我一整天都在追大家 |
[21:24] | It’s incredible. | —太难以置信了 |
[21:25] | Pam, my bag was there. | —帕姆 我包之前在那放着的 |