时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Could you please sign my expense report? | 请你签我的费用报表行不? |
[00:04] | No way, no how. Expense reports are a day-to-day item. | 没门,费用报表是日常项目 |
[00:07] | That is Jim’s now. I am exclusively big picture. Epic. | 现在由杰姆负责了 我只负责大事 棒吧 |
[00:20] | Sign this. Uh-uh-uh. | -签这个 |
[00:21] | Where’s the please? We’re not animals. | -你的‘请’呢?我们又不是禽兽 |
[00:23] | Sign it. | -签吧 |
[00:25] | No. Not without a please. | -不 得有‘请’字才行 |
[00:28] | Idiot. | 白痴 |
[00:33] | I have a complaint about Jim. | -我要投诉杰姆 |
[00:34] | That is not big picture. | -那不是大事 |
[00:37] | I would like to file a huge, enormous, massive complaint | 我要提出一个巨大、庞大的投诉 |
[00:42] | about the tallest guy in our office. | 有关我们办公室里最高的那个人 |
[00:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[00:52] | Jim won’t sign my expense report. | 杰姆不肯签我的费用报表 |
[00:54] | That is not… Okay. Day-to-day. | 那不是…日常事务 |
[00:56] | That is day-to-day. No. That is huge. | -那是日常事务 -不,那是大事 |
[00:58] | You’re trying to trick me. Get out, get out, get out, get out, get out. | 你想骗我 出去 出去 |
[01:05] | I’d like to lodge a complaint. | 我要作出投诉 |
[01:07] | I’m sorry to hear about that. Who is this about? | 真遗憾 投诉谁呢? |
[01:09] | You. Okay. | -你 -好的 |
[01:10] | Just want to let you know I take complaints very seriously, | 只想你知道我很认真对待所有投诉 |
[01:13] | so, when did this happen? | 那么这是什么时候发生的? |
[01:15] | One minute ago. | 一分钟之前 |
[01:16] | Okay. And how do you feel? | -好 |
[01:19] | Angry. | 你感觉怎样? -生气 |
[01:20] | All right. Did he hit you? No. | -好的 他可有打你? -没 |
[01:22] | Did you cry? No. | -你哭了吗? -没 |
[01:24] | Did you feel like crying? No. | -你有想哭吗? -没 |
[01:25] | I’m just going to write, “Held back tears.” | 我会写“强忍泪水” |
[01:28] | Wait, stop writing that. That is not true. | -等等 别那样写 |
[01:30] | If you stop crying, I’ll stop writing it. | 那不是真的 -如果你不再哭,我就停止写下来 |
[01:31] | I’m not… | 我没有… |
[01:34] | I deserved that promotion. Not Jim. | 升职的该是我才对 不是杰姆 |
[01:37] | Oh, man, makes me want to put him in a triangle choke hold | 天,这让我想用三角绞把他紧紧绞住 |
[01:41] | and force him down to the ground | 把他强压在地上然后继续挤压 |
[01:43] | and just keep pressing and pressing, | 再把他翻转过来,然后将 |
[01:45] | and then flip him over and then put him in a hammerlock and he’s gasping. | 他的手臂扭到背后让他喘气 |
[01:50] | He’s panting for every last breath. | 他气喘如牛犹如即将气绝身亡 |
[01:52] | And the crowd is going crazy and boom, I emerge victorious! | 观众会为此疯狂,然后 胜利终归属于我! |
[01:58] | Eighteen thousand dollars and a chance at the title! | 奖金一万八千元,还有机会获得名衔! |
[02:02] | Dwight, Jim wants you to keep it down. | 德怀特 杰姆让你小声点 (斯克兰顿 欢迎您) (敦德米弗林) (接线生) 办公室 |
[02:40] | Everyone, now would be a good time to freshen up | 各位,是时候清醒清醒了 |
[02:42] | because I’d like everyone to meet | 我希望大家在五分钟内 |
[02:43] | in the conference room in five minutes. | 到会议室开会 |
[02:45] | And I suggest that you bring a snack | 我建议大家带上零食 |
[02:46] | because we may be in there for a while. | 因为我们的会议可能会很长 |
[02:48] | Michael. Yes. | -迈克尔 -怎么? |
[02:49] | Can I talk to you in my office for a second? Mmm… | 到我办公室来我们谈谈好吗? |
[02:51] | Sure. But could I first talk to you in my office? | 当然可以 但是你先到我办公室来聊聊行不? |
[02:57] | Can I also be a boss? | 我也可以当当上司吗? |
[02:59] | Look, it doesn’t take a genius to know | 就算不是天才也会知道 |
[03:00] | that any organization thrives when it has two leaders. | 任何公司如果有两个领导,它一定会兴隆 |
[03:05] | Go ahead, name a country that doesn’t have two presidents. | 试试看吧 说出没有两个总统的国家名称 |
[03:07] | A boat that set sail without two captains. | 没有两名船长却出航的船只 |
[03:10] | Where would Catholicism be without the popes? | 天主教若没有教皇会怎样? |
[03:13] | I have noticed that we… | -我发现我们… |
[03:14] | Welcome. | -欢迎 |
[03:16] | Thank you. I have noticed we’ve been having | 谢谢 |
[03:17] | a lot of conference room meetings. Mmm-hmm. | 我发现我们有许多 在会议室进行的会议 |
[03:20] | And I’m wondering if perhaps those are a bit… | 而我在想那些是不是有点… |
[03:23] | Disruptive. Yes. | -具扰乱性 -是的 |
[03:24] | No. I don’t think they are. I think the meetings are very important. | 不 我不认为如此 我认为会议是非常重要的 |
[03:28] | Okay. Maybe we should talk specifics. | 好 或许我们该说说特定点 |
[03:31] | Let’s do. Okay. | -就这样吧 -好的 |
[03:32] | Yesterday we had a meeting about planets. | 昨天我们的会议讨论了星球 |
[03:35] | Well, to be fair, Jim, James… Jimothy. | 客观来讲,杰姆,詹姆斯…杰姆迪 |
[03:41] | To be fair, Jimothy… That sounds weird. | 客观来讲,杰姆迪…那听起来很奇怪 |
[03:44] | Are you okay with being called Jim? | 你不介意我称呼你为杰姆吧? |
[03:45] | I am. All right. | -不介意 -好的 |
[03:46] | Jim, to be fair, | 杰姆,客观来讲 |
[03:48] | the conversation wasn’t about planets. | -那对话并不是关于星球 |
[03:49] | Right. | -好的 |
[03:50] | At first, we were talking about | 首先,我们谈到推出一系列的卫生纸 |
[03:52] | introducing a line of toilet paper. | |
[03:54] | And what part of the human body | 而人体的哪个部位会使用卫生纸呢? |
[03:56] | does one use toilet paper upon? | |
[03:59] | So you draw a line from there to the other planets, | 所以你在那里画了一条线连接到其它星球 |
[04:02] | and I think by the end, we all learned | 我认为到后来,我们都学习到自己有多么渺小 |
[04:03] | a little bit about how small we are. | |
[04:05] | Yes, I agree. I just feel… | -是的,我同意 |
[04:06] | Because it’s a big universe. | 我只是认为… -因为那是个大宇宙 |
[04:08] | And we’re all just little tiny specks of dust. | 而我们都只是一小颗的尘埃 |
[04:11] | I just think that maybe they’re eating large amounts of the day. | 我只是认为它们占据了太多时间 |
[04:15] | You know what eats a large amount of the day are naps. | 你知道,占据太多时间的是睡觉 |
[04:17] | You go to sleep, it’s light out, you wake up, it’s dark. | 你去睡觉时外面是白天 醒来时已经天黑 |
[04:19] | That’s the whole day. Where did that day go? I have no idea. | 那就一整天了 那天去哪里了?我真不知道 |
[04:24] | You mean on a weekend? | 你是说周末吗? |
[04:27] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[04:29] | How about this? I think our goal should be | 不如这样吧 我认为我们的目标应该是 |
[04:31] | we don’t have meetings unless they’re absolutely essential. | 除非万不得已,否则我们就不开会 |
[04:34] | All right. No more meetings this week. | 好的,本周不再开会 |
[04:37] | Really? You just agree to that? | -真的?你就这样答应了? |
[04:39] | I can be very surprising. | -我可以出人意料的 |
[04:48] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事? |
[04:49] | I need to fit into my wedding dress. | 我必须穿得上我的婚纱 |
[04:52] | However, I’m also pregnant. | 可是,我也怀孕了 |
[04:58] | You know, it’s a myth that women have to gain | 你知道吗,认为女人必须在怀孕期间 |
[04:59] | more than nine pounds in a pregnancy. | 增加八斤体重的说法是虚构的 |
[05:02] | Look at these actresses. Some of them lose weight. | 看看那些女演员吧 她们有些还体重下降呢 |
[05:06] | Hey, did you guys register for wedding gifts? | 对了,你们有没有列出结婚礼物? |
[05:09] | We did, but mostly because people expect us to. | 有啊,但大部分是因为别人预期我们这么做 |
[05:12] | We’re also accepting other gifts not on the registry. | 我们也接受其它没有列出来的礼物 |
[05:18] | However much. | 无论多少 |
[05:20] | It’s awkward asking people for money. But we could really use it. | 向别人要钱感觉真糟糕 但我们真的需要钱 |
[05:25] | Why doesn’t Crate and Barrel let you register for a toaster full of cash? | 为什么CB家具店不让你 登记装满现钞的烤面包机? |
[05:29] | Perfect. I hate registries. | -太好了,我讨厌礼物列表 |
[05:31] | Oh, good. | -真好 |
[05:32] | My cousin makes the most amazing romantic birdhouse mailboxes. | 我表妹会做最浪漫的小鸟舍信箱 |
[05:36] | I know I shouldn’t tell you, but you’ll still be surprised when you see it. | 我知道我不该告诉你, 但是你看到的时候仍然会很惊艳的 |
[05:40] | You’re not registered for a birdhouse, are you? | 你没有登记小鸟舍吧? |
[05:42] | No, we’re not. | -没有 |
[05:44] | Good. Good. Mmm-hmm. | -太好了 |
[05:53] | Okay. I thought I saw people missing. | 好,我就以为我看见有人不见了 |
[05:54] | Yeah. Just focus grouping a product expansion idea to these folks. | 是的,只是在和这些人进行 产品扩展想法的集中讨论 |
[05:59] | Got one of each. Really? | -每个组来了一个人 -真的吗? |
[06:00] | Hey, Stanley, what was the last thing Michael said | 我进来之前迈克尔最后说的是什么? |
[06:02] | before I came through the door? | |
[06:03] | Stanley, you don’t need to answer that. | -斯坦利,你无需回答 |
[06:04] | Stanley? | -斯坦利? |
[06:05] | “If you don’t smell this, you’re fired.” | -“如果你没发现这个,你会被解雇” |
[06:07] | Okay, Michael, I thought we agreed | -好,迈克尔,我还以为我们同意了 |
[06:09] | to not take up people’s time with meetings like these. | 不再用这些会议来占据这些人的时间 |
[06:11] | What do you mean by “these” people? | -你说的“这些人”是什么意思? |
[06:14] | Michael, this is a conference room meeting. | -这是个会议室的会议 |
[06:16] | Oh, hey, everybody, I think that Jim has gone insane | 嘿,各位,我认为杰姆已经疯了 |
[06:19] | because he thinks that my office is a conference room. | 因为他认为我的办公室是间会议室 |
[06:22] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是那个意思 |
[06:23] | Listen, Jim, no offense, but when push comes to shove, | 听着,杰姆,别介意 但是在没有任何回旋余地的时刻 |
[06:26] | what I want is more important than what you want. | 我所要的比你要的重要多了 |
[06:29] | I disagree. | -我不同意 |
[06:30] | What do you guys think? | -你们认为呢? |
[06:31] | Can I go back to my desk now? | 现在我可以返回我的办公桌吗? |
[06:33] | Great. Guys, can I just have a moment alone with Michael, please? | 很好 我可以私底下和迈克尔说话吗? |
[06:35] | No, no, no, no. You don’t need to go anywhere. | 不 你们无需离开 |
[06:36] | Anything that Jim has to say to me, | 无论杰姆要对我说什么,他都可以 |
[06:38] | he can say in front of these types of people. | 在这些类型的人面前说 |
[06:40] | That is not what I said. | 我不是那样说的 |
[06:42] | And also, I am co-manager, | 还有,我是联合经理 |
[06:44] | meaning you are not the only manager anymore. | 也就是说你不再是唯一的经理 |
[06:46] | I am also a co-manager. | 我也是联合经理 |
[06:47] | That is not what Wallace told us. | -华莱士不是那样告诉我们的 |
[06:48] | That’s exactly what Wallace told us. | -华莱士就是那样告诉我们的 |
[06:50] | That is not the way I heard it. | 我听起来不是那样的 |
[06:52] | I love rivalries. Michael or Jim, | 我喜欢竞争,迈克尔或是杰姆 |
[06:55] | Paris or Nicole, Heidi or L.C., it’s so much fun. | 帕里斯或妮可、海蒂或LC 多好玩 |
[06:58] | But I guess if I’m really thinking about it, | 但我猜如果我认真思考后老实回答你 |
[07:00] | and answering your question honestly, | |
[07:02] | I’d have to go with L.C. Heidi’s a bad friend and her skin is terrible. | 我会附和LC,海蒂不是个好朋友 而她的皮肤糟透了 |
[07:07] | It is one thing me giving you the co-manager title, | 我给你联合经理这职称是一回事 |
[07:10] | it is another thing you bossing me around. | 而你处处在管我又是另一回事 |
[07:12] | I’m not bossing you around. | 我没有处处在管你 |
[07:13] | I’m trying to do my job, which is sharing your job. | 我只是在做我的工作 也就是分担你的工作 |
[07:16] | So maybe we should just call David Wallace. | 所以或许我们应该给大卫华莱士打个电话 |
[07:18] | No, no, no. No! We will not call David Wallace. | 不!我们不打电话给大卫华莱士 |
[07:20] | I will call David Wallace. | -我会给大卫华莱士打电话 |
[07:21] | David Wallace is on line two for you guys. | -大卫华莱士在二线等候你们两位 |
[07:23] | Or David Wallace will call us on line two. Why don’t we just… | 或者大卫华莱士会打电话来二线给我们 我们何不… |
[07:26] | Hey, David. You got Jim here. Hey, David. | -嘿,大卫 这是杰姆 -嘿,大卫 |
[07:28] | This is Michael, senior co-manager. | 这是迈克尔,高级联合经理 |
[07:31] | Hey, guys. I’m calling because unfortunately | 嘿,两位,我打电话过来是因为 |
[07:36] | we will not be able to give out | 很不幸的,我们今年无法 |
[07:37] | cost of living raises this year | 根据生活费的上涨调整薪资 |
[07:39] | and I know people expect it. | 而我知道大家都在期待它 |
[07:41] | However, there just is only a small amount of money for each branch. | 但是每家分行只有少数的金钱而已 |
[07:44] | So, we’re leaving it up to the managers | 所以我们让经理们自行决定要如何分配 |
[07:46] | to decide how to distribute it. | |
[07:48] | Got it, Dave. Sounds like your classic big picture decision. | 明白了,大卫 听起来就像是 你那些经典的大事决策 |
[07:52] | Which will clearly affect the day-to-day wellbeing of our employees. | 这很明显的将会影响员工们的日常状态 |
[07:55] | It’s probably a little of both. | -这可能两者都有那么一点 |
[07:56] | Which is it more of? | -哪个多些? |
[07:57] | Excuse me? Hey, David, | -什么? |
[07:58] | I know that I am very new at this, | -大卫,我知道我还没太多经验 |
[08:00] | but I have a very good perspective on how things work… | 但我对一切的运作有很好的概念… |
[08:02] | Wait, I’m sorry. Michael, are you texting me? | 等等,很抱歉 迈克尔,你在给我发短信吗? |
[08:07] | I thought maybe we could talk after this is over. | 我认为或许我们可以在这结束之后谈谈 |
[08:09] | Look, I need you both to take care of this. | 我需要你们两位处理这件事 |
[08:11] | This is not going to be a problem, is it? | 不会有问题吧? |
[08:13] | Nope, not at all. Not at all. Nope. | -不,完全没有 |
[08:14] | No, it will not be. | -不,不会有问题 |
[08:15] | I am on top of it. Very good. | -我会处理的 -很好 |
[08:16] | All right. Thanks a lot, David. Talk to you later… | -好的,谢谢你 |
[08:18] | Okay, you didn’t let me say goodbye. | -稍后再聊 好,你没让我道别 |
[08:22] | All right, I am looking forward to this. | -好,我很期待这个 |
[08:25] | You don’t have to lie. | -你无需说谎 |
[08:26] | I hate the fact that we have to do this together. | 我讨厌必须和你一起做这件事 |
[08:29] | I think we work much better separately. | 我认为我们分开工作会好得多 |
[08:30] | When I am irritated and I look at you, I don’t see you anymore. | 当我生气时我看向你 我看见的就不是你了 |
[08:35] | Right. All I can see | -对 -我所看见的是 |
[08:36] | is how big and gross the pores on your nose are. | 你鼻子上那些又大又恶心的毛孔 |
[08:38] | All right. Let’s get started. | 好的,我们开始吧 |
[08:47] | Hey, why haven’t we ever… | -嘿,我们怎么从没… |
[08:49] | We have. | -我们有 |
[08:55] | You know, there’s no easy way to do this. | 你知道,要做这个根本不简单 |
[08:56] | I say we add 1.5% to their paychecks | 我说我们给他们的薪资单加上 |
[09:00] | and don’t say anything about it. | 一点五个百分比,然后只字不提 |
[09:02] | Do you mean, like, break in, in the middle of the night | 你是说,半夜偷偷进来 |
[09:04] | and change the numbers on payroll? | 更改工资名单上的数字吗? |
[09:05] | No, we can do it during the day. | 不,我们可以白天做 |
[09:07] | It doesn’t have to be that dramatic, Jim. Okay. | 没必要那么戏剧性的,杰姆 |
[09:10] | You know what would help is a pros and cons list for our options. | 好,你知道,如果我们给选项 做一份利弊清单会有帮助的 |
[09:15] | Jim, don’t take this the wrong way. | 杰姆,别把事情搞砸了 |
[09:16] | Are you going to take this the wrong way? | 你会把事情弄糟吗? |
[09:18] | It’s hard to tell so far. | -至今还很难说呢 |
[09:20] | You use your brain too much. | -你动太多脑筋了 |
[09:21] | I’m sorry, are you advocating that I use it less? | 你在游说我少动脑筋吗? |
[09:23] | Sometimes the smartest people don’t think at all. | 有时候最聪明的人甚至不动脑筋 |
[09:26] | You just came up with that. As I was saying it. | -那是你刚刚随口说的 -说的时候刚想到的 |
[09:28] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[09:29] | Okay, so for the 1.5% increase, pro, everyone gets a little bit. | 好,那增加一点五个百分比 利:每个人得到一点点 |
[09:34] | Con, you look like a nerd. | 弊:你看起来像个傻瓜 |
[09:36] | Con, no one gets as much as they did last year. | 弊:没有人获得和去年一样多 |
[09:39] | Pro, you get to share your pros and cons list with the other nerds. | 利:你可以和其他傻瓜 分享你的利弊清单 |
[09:42] | Pro, no favoritism. | 利:没有偏好 |
[09:44] | Con, you unzip your pants and you’ll find | 弊:你把裤子拉链拉开 |
[09:47] | that there’s a calculator down there. | 然后你会发现那里有个计算器 |
[09:50] | I’ve been studying Michael for years | 我观察了迈克尔多年 |
[09:52] | and I’ve condensed what I’ve learned into this chart. | 把所观察的结果浓缩在这个图表里 |
[09:55] | How Michael spends his time. | 迈克尔怎么消磨他的时间 |
[09:57] | As you can see, we have procrastinating and distracting others. | 就如你看到的 有耽搁和打扰他人的部分 |
[10:00] | And this tiny sliver here is critical thinking. | 而这个微小的银色部分就是批判性思维 |
[10:04] | I made it bigger so that you could see it. | 我把它弄大了一点让你看得见 |
[10:08] | Hey, Pam. I heard that you were registered, but I didn’t hear where. | 嘿,潘,我听说你登记了 但我没听说在哪里登记 |
[10:13] | I don’t think we registered anywhere. We just want cash. | 我们没在任何地方登记 我们只想要现金 |
[10:19] | Like money? Like, you want my money? | 金钱吗?你是说,你要我的金钱? |
[10:23] | Mmm-hmm. | |
[10:25] | Will you take a check? | 你接受支票吗? |
[10:27] | Yeah. | -可以 |
[10:28] | Cool. | -很好 |
[10:32] | In the memo line, I’m going to write, “To love’s eternal glory.” | 在寄语栏里,我会写上 ‘致爱永垂不朽’ |
[10:38] | Okay. | -好的 |
[10:39] | Wait till Monday. | -等到星期一 |
[10:42] | Is this what I’ve become? Materialistic? Shallow? | 我就变成那样了吗? 唯物主义?肤浅? |
[10:48] | I feel horrible. Oh, look! “Mrs. Pam Halpert!” | 我感觉糟透了!你看! “潘哈尔佩特太太!” |
[10:54] | That’s the first time I’ve seen it in writing. | 这是我第一次看到它这么写 |
[10:58] | You know what, the more I think about it, | 你知道吗?我越想 |
[11:00] | the more I think we should give it to the salesmen. | 就越认为我们应该给销售人员 |
[11:03] | That will not go over well. | 那决策不会受欢迎的 |
[11:04] | Yeah, I know, I just think it seems smart | 是,我知道,我只是认为 |
[11:06] | to keep the salesmen happier right now. | 让营业员开心是个聪明的决策 |
[11:08] | Of course, I know this might come off as biased, | 当然,我知道这会让人觉得我有偏见 |
[11:10] | so you know what? Let us… | 所以你知道吗?我们就… |
[11:12] | Oh, my God, are you going to make | 天哪!你要弄出另一份利弊清单吗? |
[11:14] | another pro and con list? I’m going to kill myself. | 我会自杀的 |
[11:16] | Well, I’m not going to let you stop me from thinking. | 我是不会让你令我停止思考的 |
[11:17] | No, I could not do that, Jim. | 不,我没法那么做,杰姆 |
[11:19] | I can see it in your crusty little eyes | 透过你那执拗的小眼睛我看得出 |
[11:22] | that you are going to make everything perfect. | 你会把一切弄得完美 |
[11:24] | “If I could just think this through, | “如果我可以透彻思考 |
[11:27] | “if I could just think it exactly right, | 如果我可以把它想得完全正确 |
[11:29] | “I can make this perfect. | “我可以把它做得完美 |
[11:32] | “And then I can go down every avenue, | “然后我会思考每一条岔路 |
[11:34] | “and every avenue off of that avenue. | 然后每条岔路的岔路 |
[11:36] | “And then another avenue…” Michael. | -“然后又一条岔路…” -迈克尔 |
[11:38] | “And then another.” | -“然后又一条” |
[11:39] | Look, you have a lot of strengths. | -你看,你有很多强处 |
[11:40] | Oh, I do? Tell me what they are. | 我有吗?告诉我有什么 |
[11:42] | I think that you are able to take | 我认为你能够很好的接受建设性批评 |
[11:45] | constructive criticism very well. | -那个,我可不被认为有那个 |
[11:46] | Ha! That, I am not known for that. But there is a reason why I’m here. | -但我在这里是有原因的 |
[11:51] | Yes, you went over my head to Wallace. | 是,你越过我去找华莱士 |
[11:53] | No, it’s because you also have a lot of weaknesses, Michael. | 不,那是因为你也有很多弱点 |
[11:55] | Okay, well, why don’t you tell me what those are, Jim? | 好,你不如告诉我有哪些吧,杰姆? |
[11:59] | Why don’t you enliven me? | 你不如给我开开窍吧? |
[12:01] | I don’t think you’re good at making tough decisions. | 我不认为你有能力做出困难的决策 |
[12:03] | Ah! | |
[12:04] | At thinking out the options and then stating that decision very clearly, | 或者思考所有选项 然后清晰的说明你的决策 |
[12:07] | especially when it’s an unpopular decision. | 尤其是一个不受欢迎的决策时 |
[12:09] | Okay. Here’s a tough decision for you, you suck. You suck. | 好,这对你来说是个困难的决策 你真差劲 |
[12:13] | Michael, wait. Is that clear enough for you? | -迈克尔,等等 -这够清晰了没? |
[12:14] | Maybe I’m here for a reason, because I might have some good ideas, too. | 或许我在这里是有原因的 因为我可能也有一些很好的想法 |
[12:20] | I’ve been sitting out there and I’ve been learning a lot | 我一直在外面,我也学到了很多 |
[12:22] | and maybe I can just bring something different to the table. | 说不定我可以给决策 带来一些不同的思维 |
[12:25] | Okay, Skippy, here we go. | 好,小屁孩,来吧 |
[12:27] | Why don’t you run yourself out there and tell them? | 你不如自己出去外面告诉他们吧? |
[12:31] | You call it. | 你告诉他们 |
[12:38] | This had better be terrible. | 这最好很糟糕 |
[12:40] | Could I have everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家注意好吗? |
[12:42] | I have some tough news, so I’m just going to give it to you straight. | 我有一些不太好的消息 所以我只想直接告诉大家 |
[12:45] | Truth is we only have so much money for raises this year. | 事实就是,今年我们只有 那么一些金钱给大家加薪 |
[12:48] | So the simple fact is, | 所以,简单来说 |
[12:49] | some people will get raises and some people won’t. | 一些人将获加薪而其他人就没有 |
[12:51] | Now what we’ve decided is | 现在我们已经决定 |
[12:53] | we are going to give those raises to the sales staff. | 把加薪配额给销售人员 |
[12:55] | Wait, seriously? | 等等,你是认真的吗? |
[12:57] | Look, you guys are smart, so I’m just leveling with you, | 你们都是聪明人,所以我直话直说 |
[13:00] | just trying to treat you like adults. | 我只是尝试把大家当成年人看待 |
[13:02] | Thank you, Jim, for thinking that we’re smart people. | 谢谢你,杰姆,认为我们是聪明人 |
[13:05] | But I do not understand. | 但我不明白 |
[13:07] | If we’re such smart adults, then why don’t we get raises? | 如果我们是那么聪明的成年人 我们怎么没获加薪呢? |
[13:10] | Excellent question, genius. | 很棒的问题,天才 |
[13:12] | It’s because Jim wants to give the raises | 那是因为杰姆要给 |
[13:14] | to his friends and the people he sleeps with. | 他的朋友们和他的性伴侣加薪 |
[13:16] | Ooh! Easy, that’s not it at all. | -别激动,完全不是这样的 |
[13:17] | Well? | -那是怎样? |
[13:18] | Really, what it is, is about the money | 真的原因是,销售人员 |
[13:19] | the sales staff brings in to the office… | 带进这办公室的金钱… |
[13:21] | What’s going on? | -发生什么事? -杰姆只给销售人员加薪 |
[13:22] | Jim is only giving raises to the salesmen. | -发生什么事? -杰姆只给销售人员加薪 |
[13:25] | What the hell? Why are you being such a jerk? | 怎么会这样? 你为什么要像个混蛋? |
[13:27] | Hold on, Kelly, would it help you to know that Jim thinks you’re smart? | 等等,凯莉,如果你知道 |
[13:30] | No. How is that going to repair Ryan’s car? | 杰姆认为你很聪明,会不会好一些? 不,那又怎么能修好莱恩的车子呢? |
[13:33] | This is ridiculous! How can he do this to us? | 这真不可思议! 他怎么可以这样对我们? |
[13:36] | Okay, Dwight, you know what? | 你知道不,你会获得加薪,所以… |
[13:37] | You’d be getting the raise, so… | |
[13:38] | What about all these people? How is it fair to them? | 那这些人怎么办? 对他们又怎么公平呢? |
[13:41] | – Exactly. – Totally. | -确实 -完全是 |
[13:42] | We work just as hard as the salespeople, we deserve raises. | 我们和销售人员一样努力工作 我们也应该获得加薪 |
[13:45] | Yes. | Yes. -是的 -是啊 |
[13:46] | They don’t get them if we don’t get them. | 如果我们没获加薪,他们也不能加薪 |
[13:48] | My kid needs shoes. You want to tell him he doesn’t get shoes? | 我的孩子需要鞋子 你要告诉他说他不会有鞋子吗? |
[13:51] | Yeah. | -是啊 |
[13:52] | Her kid needs shoes, Jim. | -她的孩子需要鞋子,杰姆 |
[13:54] | What the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[13:58] | Wow. I’m just going to rewind and back off a bit, so… | 好,我只想要倒回,退后一点,所以… |
[14:12] | That was good. | That was good. 那很好 |
[14:14] | Okay, all right. Well, we all know | 好,我们都知道当上司不简单,对吧? |
[14:17] | it’s hard to be a boss, right? | |
[14:18] | You know what? Look around you, these are your best friends. | 你知道不?看看你四周 这些都是你最好的朋友 |
[14:23] | These are the people who will open their hearts to you. | 这些是会对你付出真心的人 |
[14:28] | They all have heart-ons for you. | 他们都会为你挺身而出 |
[14:32] | And that is a gift. | 而这就是恩赐 |
[14:35] | So in terms of gifts, we should be giving each other gifts. | 所以提到恩赐,这应该是双向的 |
[14:38] | Angela, yes, lend Oscar a cup of sugar. | 安杰拉,借杯糖给奥斯卡 |
[14:42] | This is… What are you talking about? Michael! | -这是… -你在说什么?迈克尔! |
[14:43] | We just need to hear your plan for our raise. | 我们只想听听你怎么安排我们的加薪 |
[14:46] | My plan, a man, Panama. | 我的计划是计划个人巴拿马吧 |
[14:51] | That’s not how that goes. | 根本就不是这样 |
[14:53] | You’re not saying anything. At least Jim was being direct… | 你根本什么也没说 至少杰姆在说出他那 |
[14:56] | Thank you, Meredith. | -愚蠢的计划时很直接 |
[14:57] | …when he was telling us his dumbass plan. | -谢谢,梅瑞狄斯 |
[14:58] | We would just like to know what’s happening. | 我们只想知道会发生什么事 |
[15:00] | Are we getting a raise, yes or no? | 我们会不会获得加薪? |
[15:02] | All right, let me get this cleared. Does everybody want a raise? | 让我把这事弄清楚 每个人都要加薪吗? |
[15:04] | Yes! | -是! -是! |
[15:05] | All right, everyone wants a raise, | -是! -是! 好,每个人都要加薪 |
[15:07] | so what we’re going to do is go into here | 那我们要做的是进去这里 |
[15:10] | and we will not come out until we do. | 然后我们想出来时再出来 |
[15:13] | Again, that gives us no information. | 那也同样啥信息也没有 |
[15:14] | This isn’t a game, you know, it’s our livelihood. | 这不是场游戏,而是我们的生计 |
[15:20] | What about a raise based on merit? | 根据表现的加薪如何? |
[15:23] | Rank each person individually. | -把每个人排列 |
[15:24] | Mmm-hmm. Piece of cake. | -简单 |
[15:27] | Ryan is obviously the best. | 莱恩很明显是最好的 |
[15:28] | Obviously. Too bad he’s a temp | 很明显,很可惜他只是临时工 |
[15:30] | and doesn’t count, so let’s get started. | 不能算在内,我们开始吧 |
[15:32] | Are you making a… | -你在做… |
[15:33] | Nope, I’m numbering the paper. | -不,我在纸上写编号 |
[15:35] | Just… Yeah. I don’t understand | -就… -是,我不明白 |
[15:37] | how they can even consider giving money | 他们怎么可以考虑把钱 |
[15:40] | to some people and not the rest of us. | 给某些人而不给其他人 |
[15:42] | It’s not like we’re not going to see the checks, we’re in Accounting. | 也不是说我们不会看见支票 我们在会计部 |
[15:44] | I am so pissed at this company. | 我对这家公司很生气 |
[15:46] | And Jim. | -还有杰姆 -是啊,那是谁说的? |
[15:47] | Yeah. Who said that? | -还有杰姆 -是啊,那是谁说的? |
[15:50] | I think it was Creed. | -我认为是克里德 |
[15:52] | Yep. | -是 |
[15:57] | It’s going really well, actually. Mmm-hmm. | 这很顺利,真的 |
[15:59] | Each Boston baked bean represents half-a-percent raise. | 每颗波斯顿豆豆代表 半个百分比的加薪 |
[16:02] | We each got 24 beans, | 我们每人有24颗豆豆 |
[16:03] | so the idea is, you place the bean | 所以,你把豆豆放在你认为 |
[16:06] | on the picture of who you think deserves… | 值得获得加薪的人的照片上… |
[16:08] | Who’s that? Toby. | -那是谁? -托比 |
[16:10] | Okay, he’s not a part of this, you know that. | -他不属于这里,你知道的 |
[16:12] | Just wanted to draw a picture of him. | -只想要画张他的图片 |
[16:14] | Okay, your move. | -好,轮到你了 |
[16:15] | All right. Who to pick? | -好,该选谁呢? |
[16:18] | Who to pick? | -选谁呢? |
[16:19] | Here we go. | -来吧 |
[16:20] | I will skip a turn. | 我等下一轮 |
[16:24] | Okay, you’re going to still have to play that bean, you know that. | 好,你还是得放那颗豆豆,你知道的 |
[16:26] | I need more time. | 我需要多一些时间 |
[16:34] | Wallace sent an email about a meeting next week, | 华莱士发了一封关于下周会议的邮件过来 |
[16:37] | he wants you both to respond. | 他要你们俩回复 |
[16:56] | People are starting to notice how terrible Jim is. | 大家开始发现杰姆有多糟糕了 |
[16:59] | It’s great. Eventually, they will rise up and revolt. | 很好啊 最终他们会发起反抗的 |
[17:03] | My only hope is that they do it sooner rather than later. | 我只是希望他们快一些这么做 |
[17:06] | If the people here were our Founding Fathers, | 如果这里的人是我们的开国元勋 |
[17:08] | the Revolutionary War would have been delayed 10 years | 美国的革命战争会推迟十年 |
[17:11] | because Stanley Washington was napping. | 因为斯坦利华盛顿在睡觉 |
[17:14] | And Phyllis Hancock was still signing the Declaration, | 而菲利斯汉考克还在签署成立宣言 |
[17:19] | and Kevin Jefferson was distracted by a butterfly. | 凯文杰佛逊则被蝴蝶引致分心 |
[17:23] | Come on in. That’s right. Come in, feast your eyes. | 进来吧,就这样,来吧,开开眼界 |
[17:28] | They determine our worth by putting beans on our faces. | 他们用豆豆放在我们脸上 来决策我们值得多少 |
[17:32] | What the hell? | 怎么回事? |
[17:33] | Things were not this bad when just Michael was manager. | 只有迈克尔当经理时 事情从未这么糟糕 |
[17:35] | Hey, what are you guys doing in here? | -你们在这里干什么? |
[17:37] | What does a bean mean? | -那豆豆是什么意思? |
[17:38] | Why aren’t there any beans on this very old, frizzy-haired picture of me? | 为什么我这张卷发的 陈年旧照上没有豆豆? |
[17:43] | Michael, what does a bean mean? | 迈克尔,豆豆代表什么? |
[17:45] | Jim? | -杰姆? |
[17:46] | I was just trying to be unbiased. | -我只是在尝试不偏倚 |
[17:48] | What does a bean mean? | -豆豆代表什么? |
[17:49] | Someone please explain it to Kevin. | -某人给凯文说明吧 |
[17:50] | Why can’t you? My time is just as valuable as yours. | 你怎么不说明? 我的时间和你的一样珍贵 |
[17:53] | Not according to the beans. | 豆豆不是这么说的 |
[17:55] | This is how you make this important decision? | 你们就是这样做这个重要的决策吗? |
[17:57] | There’s no way that Stanley gets more beans than me, that is ridiculous. | 斯坦利不可能得到比我还多的豆豆 这简直是荒谬 |
[18:02] | This is how it works. | 该是这样才对 |
[18:05] | It’s not so much that I might not get a raise, it’s just demeaning. | 并不是因为我可能不获加薪 而是我觉得被贬低了 |
[18:08] | Thank you. That is exactly… But, by the way, I would also like a raise. | 谢谢,就是这样… 但另一方面,我也希望获得加薪 |
[18:13] | Yeah, I would, too. | -是啊,我也是 |
[18:15] | Are we idiots? | -我们都是白痴吗? |
[18:19] | What right does Jim have to claim authority? | 杰姆有什么权利当主管? |
[18:23] | Is he as good a salesman as I? | 他会是比我优秀的销售员吗? |
[18:25] | Is he as matronly as Phyllis? | 比菲丽丝更像主管吗? |
[18:28] | There are moments where we can affect change. | 有时候我们可以发起改革的 |
[18:32] | For a few seconds, every decade, we exist. | 每十年间,我们都存在着 就那么几秒钟 |
[18:38] | And these are those seconds. Let us storm his castle. | 而正正就趁这几秒钟 让我们攻陷他的城堡吧 |
[18:41] | Come on, tick, let’s get him, tock. | 来吧,滴答,拿下他,滴答 |
[18:45] | Let’s get Jim. Tick, and drag Jim out of his office, tock, | 打败杰姆,滴答,把杰姆 从办公室拖出来,滴答 |
[18:50] | take his keys away from him, tick, that’s a clock. | 把钥匙从他手上抢走,滴答 这是个时钟 |
[18:54] | The time is getting very close. It’s now or never. | 时间紧迫,否则就再也没机会了 |
[18:57] | What say you? | 你们怎么说? |
[19:00] | I say no. | -我说不 |
[19:01] | No, I mean, what do you say to my plan? | -不,我是说,你们同意我的计划吗? |
[19:08] | Michael Scott… Security guard. | -迈克尔斯科特,保安员… |
[19:09] | Michael, will you help us? | -迈克尔… |
[19:13] | What does a bean mean? | 豆豆代表什么? |
[19:19] | How you doing? | 你怎么样? |
[19:21] | On a scale of one to 10, I’d say I’m about a four. | 以一到十来说,我认为大概有四吧 |
[19:24] | What are you usually? | -平时你有多少? |
[19:26] | Six. You? | -六,你呢? |
[19:28] | Usually a 10, but I’m feeling like a zero. | 平时是十,但我感觉像个零蛋 |
[19:31] | I mean, a performance-based raise | 我是说,根据表现的加薪 |
[19:32] | sounded like a good idea, right? | 听起来是个好主意,对吧? |
[19:34] | I know, I know. | 我知道 |
[19:35] | We tried to find the fairest way to do it. | 我们尝试找出最公平的做法 |
[19:37] | Yes, we did. | 是啊 |
[19:38] | I just… | 我只是… |
[19:43] | What? | 什么? |
[19:44] | Um… | |
[19:46] | Nothing. I just… | 没什么,我只是… |
[19:48] | I used to have to do this part alone. And it was the worst. | 我以前都必须独自一人做这部分 而那是最糟糕的 |
[19:55] | I have something I would like to give you. | 我有些东西想给你 |
[19:57] | Michael, come on! This isn’t fair! KEVIN: Michael! | -迈克尔,别这样!这不公平! -迈克尔! |
[20:00] | Michael’s my only friend left in the office. | 迈克尔是我在办公室里仅存的朋友了 |
[20:04] | Except Pam. I think. | 除了潘吧,我认为 |
[20:08] | She still upset? | 她还在生气吗? |
[20:11] | Michael, you cannot just keep avoiding us like this. | 迈克尔,你不能就这样不理睬我们 |
[20:17] | Thank you. | -谢谢你 |
[20:18] | You’re welcome. | -别客气 |
[20:21] | What’s in here? | -里面是什么? |
[20:23] | Gin. Ooh. | -琴酒 |
[20:43] | Just pretend we’re not here. | 假装我们不在这里 |
[20:49] | Heard you guys are looking for cash for the wedding? | 听说你们在为婚礼筹募现金? |
[20:50] | Yeah, I mean, if it’s all the same for you. | 是啊,我是说,如果对你来说都一样 |
[20:53] | Question for you, | 问你一个问题 |
[20:54] | would you guys rather have $100 now or $5,000 a year from now? | 你们宁可现在有一百元 还是一年后有五千元呢? |
[20:58] | $100 now, for sure. | 当然是现在有一百元 |
[20:59] | Because you just give me $50 to cover the broker fee, | 因为你只需要付50元中介费给我 |
[21:02] | I put in $100 of my own money, as the gift. | 我加入一百元自己的钱作为礼物… |
[21:05] | Yeah. No, no. The $100. I’ll just take the $100. | 是,不,一百元,我拿一百元就好 |
[21:09] | Instead of $5,000 a year from now? | 而不是一年后拿五千元吗? |
[21:13] | How sure is this? | 你有多少把握? |
[21:15] | The guy has an algorithm | 他有一套运算法则 |
[21:16] | to determine the winner of any given college basketball game. | 可以知道任何一场大学篮球赛的优胜者 |
[21:26] | Don’t tell Jim. | 别告诉杰姆 |