时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Why? | 为什么? |
[00:09] | Twenty minutes a day, Jim. That’s all it takes. | 每天20分钟 吉姆 仅此而已 |
[00:12] | Twenty minutes a day, all feet, no hands, | 每天20分钟 光用脚 |
[00:13] | and I’ll have the pedidexterity of a chimp, | 不用手 我就能有黑猩猩的脚掌了 |
[00:15] | and you’ll be sitting there like an idiot. | 而你则会像个傻瓜一样坐在那里 |
[00:18] | Okay, here we go. Yes. | 好吧 来了 对 |
[00:21] | Do you mind? I’m sorry, Pam. | -你介意吗? -抱歉 潘 |
[00:23] | Allow me to write you an apology letter. | 请允许我给你写一封道歉信 |
[00:26] | You don’t have to do that. | 你不必那么做 |
[00:27] | D… | 亲… |
[00:29] | E… | 爱… |
[00:31] | A… | 得… |
[00:33] | Oh… | |
[00:34] | Backspace, A… Dear… | 回车键 得…的… |
[00:42] | Thank you, hands. | 谢谢你们了 双手 |
[00:43] | Nothing else in the universe can do what you do. | 全宇宙没有什么比得上你们能做的了 |
[00:54] | Don’t worry about it. Dwight, it’s okay. You were wrong. | 别担心 德怀特 没事的 你错了 |
[00:57] | It’s so hot. | 这可真烫 |
[01:07] | Well, “A” for effort, right? | 嗯 “优”代表“努力” 对吧? 斯克兰顿 欢迎您 办公室 德怀特的咖啡因之角 |
[01:25] | Welcome. Start your morning right | 欢迎 |
[01:27] | with a burst of blueberry or try plain. | 用蓝莓或抱怨开始你的一天吧 |
[01:29] | What’s the occasion? | 这是为了什么? |
[01:30] | Dwight said this entry was a waste of space. | 德怀特说这个入口浪费了空间 |
[01:33] | I would like un muffin du blueberry, por favor. | 我想来个蓝莓松饼 请你 |
[01:37] | $8. | 八块 |
[01:38] | $8? | 八块? |
[01:40] | Owning a building is a war between the landlord and the tenant. | 拥有一幢楼其实是业主和租户的战争 |
[01:43] | Not a literal war, unfortunately, | 不是字面意义上的战争 |
[01:45] | but I am using the same tactics. | 不幸的是 但我在运用同样的策略 |
[01:47] | I’ve surrounded the enemy, and I’m slowly starving them. | 我已经包围了敌人 并正在慢慢让他们饿死 |
[01:51] | To save on electricity, I have installed a timer | 为了节约用电 |
[01:53] | and motion sensors on the lights. | 我在电灯上安装了定时器和传感器 |
[01:55] | It’s part of my green initiative. And by green, I mean money. | 这是我的环保计划的一部分 |
[02:01] | Mmm-hmm. | 说到环保 我是说钱 |
[02:02] | China. China. | 中国 中国 |
[02:04] | Michael, how was the dentist? | 迈克尔 牙医看得怎么样? |
[02:07] | It was great. | 这可太好了 |
[02:08] | China. | 中国 |
[02:10] | Are you okay? What’s wrong? | 你没事吧?有什么不对头? |
[02:11] | Everything here was made in China, Pam. | 所有都是中国制造 潘 |
[02:13] | Yeah, that’s where they make stuff. | 没错 东西就在那里造的 |
[02:14] | They used to make stuff in America, Andy, but we’re falling behind. | 以前是美国制造的 安迪 但我们落后了 |
[02:17] | Did you know that? | 你知道吗? |
[02:18] | China is a sleeping dragon that is just beginning to stir. | 中国是一条沉睡的巨龙 刚开始翻动身体 |
[02:22] | Oh, no. Yeah. | -哦 不 -是的 |
[02:24] | Right here. It is right there. | 就在那 在那 中国 |
[02:27] | Anybody read the news anymore? | 还有人看新闻吗? |
[02:30] | “China is on the move.” | “中国在崛起” |
[02:32] | I found that in the waiting room at the dentist’s office. | 我在牙医的等候室找到的 |
[02:34] | This kid had the magazine I wanted to read. | 有个小孩拿了我想看的杂志 |
[02:36] | That’s the only one I could reach, | 那本是我唯一能拿到的 |
[02:38] | and I read it and then I read it again. | 我看了一遍然后又看了一遍 |
[02:40] | My whole life I believed that America was number one. | 我的一生都相信美国是老大 |
[02:43] | That was the saying. | 话是这么说的 |
[02:44] | Not America’s number two. England is number two. | 美国不是老二 英国才是老二 |
[02:48] | China should be, like, eight. | 中国 应该 排第八 |
[02:52] | Hey, Andy. | 嗨 安迪 |
[02:54] | Hey, Darryl. | 嗨 达瑞尔 |
[02:55] | You gotta stop texting me so much. | 你不要老给我发短信 |
[02:59] | But I wanted you to know that Michael and I are wearing the same tie today. | 但我想让你知道迈克尔和我打了同款领带 |
[03:01] | It’s insane. | 要疯了 |
[03:03] | You need to change your standard for what’s worthy of a text. | 关于哪些事情值得发短信 你的标准要改变了 |
[03:06] | Ask yourself, “Is this something Darryl needs to know?” | 问问自己 “这是达瑞尔想知道的吗?” |
[03:09] | The answer’s almost always “no.” | 答案几乎总是“不” |
[03:11] | Got it. Then, I will call you. | -明白了 那么 |
[03:13] | No. | 我会给你电话 -不 |
[03:14] | There was a time when the only people who texted you | 有时候唯一发短信给你的人 |
[03:17] | were people you wanted to text you. Girls. | 是你想要收到她的短信的那个人 女孩们 |
[03:20] | And they’d all say the same thing. “I’m coming over, baby.” | 她们都会说同一件事 “我来了 宝贝” |
[03:24] | And I would text back. B-T-B. “Bring that Booty.” | 而我会回复 B-T-B “记得带奶子” |
[03:30] | Dwight. Why is the toilet paper only half a ply? | 德怀特 为什么厕纸只有半层? |
[03:34] | I’m sorry. Is that not good enough for your anus? | 抱歉 那对你的肛门不够吗? |
[03:38] | Don’t get me started on how coddled the modern anus is. | 别让我开始说现代肛门有多难对付 |
[03:41] | Okay, Stanley, | 好吧 斯坦利 |
[03:42] | maybe you can just unspool a little more each time you need to… | 也许你每次如厕的时候只需要稍微… |
[03:45] | Don’t tell me how to do my business. | 别和我说该怎样上厕所 |
[03:47] | Stanley, as a fellow Dunder Mifflin employee, I feel for you, | 斯坦利 做为敦德米福林的同事 我同情你 |
[03:51] | but, like you, I am completely powerless | 但是和你一样我对新的大楼业主 |
[03:54] | to the whims of the new building owner. | 同样无能为力 |
[03:55] | Which is you. | 那就是你 |
[03:57] | “Which is you” is not a sentence. | “那就是你”不算个句子 |
[03:58] | I disagree with. | 我不同意 |
[04:00] | Are you gonna just sit there, office administrator, | 你打算就坐在那儿吗 办公室主任 |
[04:01] | or are you gonna do something? | 还是说你会做点什么? |
[04:05] | Dwight, can we talk about these cut backs? | 德怀特 我们能谈谈这些精简吗? |
[04:08] | Pam, when I’m sitting at this desk, I’m a salesman. | 潘 当我坐在这张桌子前 我是个销售员 |
[04:11] | If you wanna talk to the new building owner, | 如果你想和新的大楼业主谈的话 |
[04:13] | you should call Nate and schedule an appointment. | 你应该打电话给内特 安排一个预约 |
[04:15] | I’m not gonna do that. | 我不会那么做的 |
[04:16] | Well, then you’re not going to talk to the new building owner, | 那么你是不可能和新的大楼业主谈的 |
[04:19] | which is a shame, | 那可真不好意思了 |
[04:20] | because I hear he’s a very reasonable guy. | 因为我听说他可是个很讲道理的人 |
[04:24] | Y’ello? Hi, Nate. It’s Pam Halpert. | -喂? -嗨 内特 我是潘哈尔帕特 |
[04:26] | Oh, hey, Pam. | 嗨 潘 |
[04:27] | Hey, I would just love to schedule a meeting today with Dwight. | 嗨 我想今天和德怀特面谈 |
[04:30] | Let me put you on hold just for one eensy second. | 稍稍等一下子 |
[04:33] | Sure. | 好的 |
[04:37] | Dwight Schrute. | 德怀特舒特 |
[04:39] | Mmm-hmm. | 德怀特舒特 |
[04:40] | Tell her I’m busy. | 告诉她我忙着呢 |
[04:43] | I don’t know. Make something up. | 我不知道 找些理由 |
[04:45] | Hey, Pam, Dwight’s being questioned by the police | 嗨 潘 德怀特在被警察盘问 |
[04:48] | in connection with a string of dognappings that have been… | 因为他涉及到一系列案子… |
[04:53] | Dwight. | 德怀特 |
[04:55] | Dwight, can you please tell the new building owner | 德怀特 你能告诉新的大楼业主 |
[04:58] | that he is screwing over all the people he works with. | 他搞糟了和他所有同事的关系 |
[05:01] | People he’s worked with for years, his friends. | 曾和他多年共事的人 他的朋友 |
[05:05] | You know what, Pam? You’re right. | 你知道吗 潘?你说得对 |
[05:08] | This isn’t just a business, | 这不仅是生意 |
[05:11] | this is a home. | 这还是家 |
[05:13] | And I would much rather see a smile from Kevin | 比起节约管子和电费来说 |
[05:15] | than save hundreds on plumbing and electricity. | 我更情愿看到凯文脸上的微笑 维基百科 中国 |
[05:20] | Oh, my God. | -哦 天呐 -什么? |
[05:21] | What? | 根据互联网 世界上最高的人是中国人 |
[05:22] | According to the Internet, the tallest man in the world is Chinese. | 根据互联网 世界上最高的人是中国人 |
[05:25] | So much for keeping our secrets up high. | 我们的秘密有这么多 |
[05:27] | What’s America gonna do? | 美国要怎么办? |
[05:29] | I know what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna put our best minds on it. | 我知道我们要做什么 我们要聚集最强大脑 |
[05:33] | Everybody, stop working. | 大家 都停止工作 |
[05:36] | I want you all to imagine a world | 我要你们每个人想像一个世界 |
[05:38] | in which America is not the number one superpower, | 美国在其中不是第一超级大国 |
[05:42] | where forks are irrelevant, | 大家互不相关 |
[05:44] | and where every man, woman and child | 男人、女人和孩子 |
[05:47] | is expected to learn how to play the cello. | 都要学习如何演奏大提琴 |
[05:50] | Now, open your eyes. | 现在 张大你们的眼睛 你从没告诉我们要闭眼 |
[05:51] | You never told us to close them. | 你从没告诉我们要闭眼 |
[05:53] | Welcome to your future. | 欢迎来到你们的未来 |
[05:54] | What do we do? How do we stop this? | 我们做什么?如何阻止这一切? |
[05:56] | How do we stop it? With a big idea. | 如何阻止?用好的点子 |
[06:00] | That’s what America is built on. | 那就是美国的基石 |
[06:02] | Big ideas, blue jeans, the Grand Canyon. | 好点子、牛仔布、大峡谷 |
[06:05] | Who’s got one? Who’s got a big idea? | 谁有点子?谁有好点子? |
[06:08] | An idea bigger than the Grand Canyon? | -比大峡谷还大的点子? |
[06:09] | Yes, indeed. | -没错 |
[06:12] | Yes, Kevin. | 是的 凯文 |
[06:13] | An antacid that you only take once a week. | 一种抗酸剂 每周只服用一次 |
[06:18] | Once-a-week antacid is the idea to beat. Anyone else? | 每周服用一次的抗酸剂是个点子 有别的吗? |
[06:23] | Nobody? | 没有人吗? |
[06:24] | Okay, then, we are… | 好吧 那么 我们… -迈克尔 -是的 |
[06:25] | Michael. Yes. | -迈克尔 -是的 每六周服用一次的抗酸剂 |
[06:26] | An antacid pill that you take once every six weeks. | 每六周服用一次的抗酸剂 |
[06:31] | Why not just go one for the year? | 为什么不弄个一年的? |
[06:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 -那样药片会太大了 难以服用 -好吧 |
[06:34] | It’s too big a pill to swallow. All right. | -那样药片会太大了 难以服用 -好吧 |
[06:36] | What if we all get together and help each other, | 如果我们一起互相帮助 |
[06:39] | and hire a new guy and then we all kill him, | 雇一个新人 然后杀了他 |
[06:41] | but first we take out, like, a $100,000 life insurance policy? | 但首先我们得替他买份十万块的人寿保险? |
[06:44] | I bet you guys like that idea, don’t you? | 我打赌你们喜欢这个主意 对吧? |
[06:47] | I think that’s what they’re doing to me. | 我想那是他们想对付我的法子 |
[06:49] | I can’t prove it, but I wanted to see their faces when I said it. | 我无法证明 但我想看当我说出来他们是怎样的嘴脸 |
[06:52] | I learned nothing. | 什么也没看出来 |
[06:54] | I don’t know what the that was. | 我不知道那个…那是 |
[06:56] | I say we bomb ’em. | 要我说就炸了他们 |
[06:57] | By 2020, they’re gonna be the world’s largest economy, | 到2020年 中国会成为时间最大的经济体 |
[07:00] | and they’re getting a taste for protein. We’ll all starve. | 到时候他们吃蛋白质 我们就要饿死了 |
[07:03] | Yeah, Dwight’s right, we should drop the bomb. | 是的 德怀特说得对 我们应该放炸弹 |
[07:04] | No, he’s not right. We’re not… | 不 他说得不对 我们没有… |
[07:06] | Where would we even drop it, Phyllis? | 我们要把炸弹投哪里 菲莉丝? |
[07:08] | Did you know that in China there are 56 cities with over a million people? | 你们知道中国有56个城市人口超过百万? |
[07:12] | You know how many we have here? Nine. | 你们知道我们的百万人口城市有多少?九个 |
[07:14] | Actually, that’s not true. | 其实 那个不对 |
[07:15] | I know the figure you’re referring to, | 我知道你所指的数字 |
[07:17] | and it’s a projection of 15 years from now. | 这是15年后的预测 |
[07:19] | Thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[07:20] | No. No, that is right now. | 不 不 说的是现在 |
[07:22] | Michael, China’s agrarian. Urbanizing fast? You betcha. | 迈克尔 中国是个农业大国 城市化太快? 你说呢 |
[07:25] | But still agrarian. | 但仍然是农业国 |
[07:26] | Most in terms of land, not population. | 从土地的角度来说 而非人口 |
[07:29] | Come on, Michael, you couldn’t… | -拜托 迈克尔 |
[07:30] | No! No, you’re wrong about this. | 你不能… -不!不 这点你说错了 |
[07:32] | Where are you getting this information? | 你的信息哪里来的? |
[07:34] | I got it from newyorktimes.com. | 纽约时代周刊的网站 |
[07:35] | Uh-oh. | |
[07:37] | Getting nervous, Oscar? | 紧张了吧 奥斯卡? |
[07:39] | Okay, someone look it up. | -好吧 有人来查证一下 |
[07:40] | I’m on it, Jim. I’m on it. | -我在查呢 吉姆 |
[07:41] | Guys, it’s not worth it. Really. | 伙计们 真不值当的 |
[07:43] | Guys, this is not worth our time. | 伙计们 这真不值当浪费我们的时间 |
[07:45] | “Are you watching this?” Seriously? | “你在看这个吗?”真的? |
[07:47] | Well, are you? | 嗯 你呢? |
[07:49] | I’m sitting right here. | 我就坐在这 |
[07:50] | Got it. | 收到 |
[07:52] | China has 56 cities with a population of over one million. | 中国有56个城市人口过百万 |
[07:55] | The U.S. has nine. | 美国有九个 |
[07:59] | Suck it, Oscar. | 栽了吧 奥斯卡 |
[08:01] | Well, on the plus side, all this worrying about China | 此外 这些对中国的焦虑 |
[08:03] | has made you smarter than Oscar, Michael. | 让你比奥斯卡更聪明 迈克尔 |
[08:05] | Great, I was wrong. | 好吧 我错了 |
[08:06] | I’m wrong. Is everyone happy? | 我错了 大家都高兴了吧? |
[08:09] | So, I happen to know more than the smartest guy in the office. | 那么 我碰巧比办公室最聪明的人知道得多一些 |
[08:12] | So what? I don’t care. | 那又如何?我才不关心 |
[08:15] | Okay, now, where were we before I bested Oscar? | 好吧 现在 在我赢了奥斯卡前 我们说到哪了? A&J终结者 我们是蟑螂杀手 这就是我们的活计 |
[08:21] | Wow, so this building can get uglier. | 哇 这栋楼还能更丑些 |
[08:23] | I will not work in a roach billboard. | 我不会在蟑螂广告牌底下工作 |
[08:27] | Oh, my God. I can’t look at roaches. | 哦 天 我受不了蟑螂 |
[08:29] | Michael, do something about this. | 迈克尔 想想办法 |
[08:30] | Absolutely. Pam, this is exactly why | 当然了 |
[08:33] | I hired you as office administrator. | 潘 这正是我雇你做办公室主任的原因 |
[08:35] | Handle it. | 去处理 |
[08:36] | Taking care of business. | 干点正事 |
[08:39] | Dwight, take it down. | 德怀特 把它拿下 |
[08:42] | I’m serious. Take it down or else. | 我来真格的 把它拿下不然的话 |
[08:44] | Or else. Or else what? There’s nothing you can do. | 不然的话 不然的话怎么着? 你什么也做不了 |
[08:48] | We can move out. | 我们能搬走 |
[08:56] | Ugh. | |
[08:57] | Really? | 又来? |
[09:05] | So, does anyone wanna know where I’ve been for the last two hours? | 那么 有人想知道过去两小时我去了哪里吗? |
[09:09] | Oh, my God, I’ve been playing Zombie Soccer for two hours? | 哦 天 我玩了僵尸足球两小时? |
[09:12] | I went out to look for a better office space. | 我出去找更好的办公地点 |
[09:15] | Waste of time. Not really, | -浪费时间 -不算啊 |
[09:17] | because I found one. | 因为我找到了一个 |
[09:20] | Oh, wow. | 哇 |
[09:21] | These are nice. Yep. | -真不错 -是啊 |
[09:22] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[09:24] | Look at the huge offices, Jim. Yeah, I know. | -看看那巨大的办公室 吉姆 -是啊 我知道 |
[09:26] | Check out that conference room. Totally. | -看看那个会议室 -真不赖 |
[09:28] | You can’t just move out. | -你们不能就这么搬走 |
[09:29] | Oh, in three months we can. | -三个月后我们能的 |
[09:31] | Check the lease. | 看看租约 |
[09:32] | And if you don’t undo all the changes you’ve made, we’re moving. | 如果你不撤销已做的改变 我们就搬走 |
[09:34] | Hey, guys, can I show you some pictures? | 嗨 伙计们 能给你们看看照片吗? |
[09:35] | Oh, my gosh, she’s so cute. She looks like both of you. | 哦 我的天 她真可爱 长得像你们俩 |
[09:37] | They’re not of Cece. Oh, cool. | -它们不是茜茜 -酷 |
[09:40] | This is possibly our new Dunder Mifflin office. | 这有可能是我们新的敦特米福林办公室 |
[09:42] | Well, I like being in the same building as Bob. | 我喜欢和鲍勃在同一栋大楼工作 |
[09:44] | It keeps me honest. | 这让我诚实 |
[09:45] | Well, this building isn’t far, and it’s much newer. | 这栋楼不远 而且更新 |
[09:48] | There’s a dry cleaner, a nail place and a gym. | 有干洗店、美甲店和健身房 |
[09:51] | Oh, and it’s next door to an Outback, | 而且就在一家牛扒屋旁边 |
[09:52] | so it always smells like steak. | 闻起来可好了 |
[09:54] | Are you trying to kill me? | 你想要害我吗? |
[09:56] | Is the nail place Koreans or whites? | 美甲店是韩国的还是白种人开的? |
[09:58] | Koreans. | 韩国人 |
[10:00] | Good. And the dry cleaners? | 好 那个干洗店呢? |
[10:02] | White? | 白种人吧? |
[10:03] | Good. | 好的 |
[10:09] | Whoa, there’s a lot of brain power in this room. | 哇 这个房间有许多大脑能量 |
[10:12] | We got Michael and Oscar, the two smartest guys in the office. | 我们有迈克尔和奥斯卡 办公室最聪明的两个人 |
[10:15] | Also, in that order. | -还有 按那个顺序 |
[10:17] | Funny. Jim, that is funny. | -有趣呢 吉姆 真有趣 |
[10:18] | Very comedically humorous, Jim. | 很有喜剧幽默 吉姆 |
[10:20] | I have a computer question. | 我有一个电脑问题 |
[10:21] | Hey, Oscar? What is it? | -嗨 奥斯卡 -是什么? |
[10:23] | Can you move aside so that I can ask Michael? | 你能挪一挪 我好问迈克尔吗? |
[10:24] | All right. All right, I get it. | 好吧 好吧 我懂了 |
[10:26] | Michael, how do I create a new tab? | 迈克尔 我怎样创建一个新标签? |
[10:28] | Try control “P.” | 试试ctrl加P |
[10:30] | That’s print. | 那是打印 |
[10:31] | Not if the printer isn’t hooked up. | 除非打印机连上了 |
[10:33] | You are making some very dangerous assumptions, Oscar. | 你在做一些很危险的假设 奥斯卡 |
[10:35] | Oscar, it must be killing you now that Michael is smarter than you. | 奥斯卡 现在迈克尔比你聪明这一点 肯定让你别扭得不行 |
[10:38] | He’s not smarter than me. He was just right about one thing. | 他并不比我聪明 他只是对了一件事 |
[10:42] | Yeah, but it was a really smart thing to be right about, actually. | 没错 但其实能说对 那可是真是件聪明的事 |
[10:46] | Actually, it was. | 其实 是如此 |
[10:48] | Around here, Oscar is known as “Actually,” | 在这里 奥斯卡被称为“其实” |
[10:51] | because he will insert himself into just about any conversation | 因为他会加入任何对话 |
[10:54] | to add facts or correct grammar. | 来添加事实或更正语法 |
[10:57] | Actually, you’re speculating. | 其实 你是在投机 |
[10:58] | He really does fit that old stereotype of the smug, gay Mexican. | 他真的很适合那种老刻板印象 墨西哥同性恋 |
[11:04] | “Megan Fox. Question mark.” What’s that mean? | “梅根福克斯 问号” 那是什么意思? |
[11:08] | Megan Fox. Come on. | 梅根福克斯 拜托 |
[11:10] | You know what? | 你知道吗? |
[11:11] | You’re one bad text away from getting blocked. | 再来一条坏短信 你就要被屏蔽了 |
[11:14] | Yes, but one good text away from a high five. | 对 但还差一条好短信好获得高拍手 |
[11:17] | You accept these terms? | 你接受这些条款? |
[11:19] | Oh, it’s on. | 接受 |
[11:21] | In your perfect world, what would make this building awesome? | 在你的完美世界 什么会让这栋大楼棒极了? |
[11:24] | I’m putting together kind of a wish list. | 我在收集一个愿望清单 |
[11:27] | I wish for a million wishes. | -我希望有一百万个愿望 |
[11:29] | Yeah, | -是啊 |
[11:31] | no, I’m not a genie. I’m just talking about… | 不 我可不是天才 我只是说… |
[11:32] | Then see you later, building. | 那么回见吧 大楼 |
[11:34] | You can’t possibly be serious. | -你不可能是当真的 |
[11:35] | I said, “See you later, building.” | -我说了“回见 大楼” |
[11:36] | Hey, Michael. Hey. | -嗨 迈克尔 -嗨 |
[11:38] | I was thinking about some of the stuff you said earlier about China. | 我在想你早前关于中国的事 |
[11:41] | Mmm. | |
[11:42] | I’d love to talk more about it. Yeah. | -我想再多谈论些 -好呀 |
[11:44] | Maybe over some coffee later? | 也许稍迟一起喝杯咖啡? |
[11:45] | Sure. | 当然行 |
[11:50] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do you know what you just agreed to? | 你知道自己刚同意了什么? |
[11:52] | Just coffee, Jim. | -咖啡而已 吉姆 |
[11:54] | No, it is not just coffee. | -不 不仅仅是咖啡 |
[11:56] | He’s trying to set you up, Michael. | 他在设法让你入套 迈克尔 |
[11:58] | What’s gonna happen is | 将要发生的是 |
[11:59] | he’s gonna try to bring up whatever | 他将会用一种非常家常的方式挑起你说过的话头 |
[12:01] | you’re talking about in a very casual way. | |
[12:03] | But secretly he’ll be trying to trip you up. | 但会悄悄地让你入套 |
[12:05] | And when he does, boom, it’s awful. | 当他达到了目的 砰 就有你好看了 |
[12:08] | Haven’t you noticed that | 你难道没留意 |
[12:09] | I don’t bring up the Tour de France around him? | 我从不在他面前说环法自行车赛吗? |
[12:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:12] | And then, he will smugly pay the check and make you feel so small. | 然后 他会沾沾自喜地把账付了 让你觉得自己真没用 |
[12:17] | All right, well, I just need to learn everything about China. | 好吧 那么 我只要把关于中国的都学会 |
[12:21] | To be safe, I should learn everything about everything, | 安全起见 我应该什么都学会 |
[12:23] | but I don’t have time, okay? Okay. | 但我没时间 好吧? |
[12:24] | I’ll just learn about China | 我只要学中国 |
[12:26] | and science and geography and math and literary. | 科学、地理、数学和文学 |
[12:30] | No politics? | 没有政治? |
[12:31] | I’m pretty good on politics. | 我挺擅长谈政治的 |
[12:34] | California is bankrupt. | 加利福尼亚破产了 |
[12:36] | And California, California. | 还有加利福尼亚 加利福尼亚 |
[12:44] | What? | 怎么? |
[12:47] | Parlay. My office. Five minutes. | 豪赌 五分钟后到我的办公室 |
[12:50] | Parlay? | 豪赌? |
[12:52] | Pirate code. He wants to meet. | 海盗暗号 他想面谈 |
[12:55] | So, everyone here knows pirate code? | 那么 这儿大家都懂海盗暗号? |
[12:57] | I understand it. I can’t speak it. | 我懂 但我不能说 |
[13:00] | Pam, I am not an unreasonable man. | 潘 我不是个不讲道理的人 |
[13:04] | If you guys stay, I will stop watering down the soap. | 如果你们留下来 我会停止洗走肥皂 |
[13:07] | You’ve been watering down the soap? | 你一直在洗走肥皂? |
[13:09] | Why do you even need soap? Are you that bad at going to the bathroom? | 你们为什么需要肥皂? 去卫生间就那么糟糕吗? |
[13:11] | We want everything back the way it was. | 我们要一切回到从前没变动的时候 |
[13:13] | You don’t wanna move. | 你不会想搬走的 |
[13:15] | Moving is one of the most stressful things you can do in life. | 搬家是人一生最有压力的事 |
[13:17] | You’ll probably just take it out on your kid. | 你可能会放在孩子身上 |
[13:19] | Jim will turn to the drink. The family will fall apart. | 吉姆会变得酗酒 家庭会支离破碎 |
[13:22] | And 25 years from now, | 25年以后 |
[13:24] | Cece will become world famous for stripping. | 茜茜可能会成为世界知名的脱衣舞女郎 |
[13:30] | That’s a sad story. I have another one. | 那是个悲伤的故事 我有另一个 |
[13:33] | We move, the other tenants follow, | 我们搬走 其它的租客有样学样 |
[13:35] | the bank takes the building, | 银行收走了大楼 |
[13:37] | takes your farm, takes your car and beats the crap out of you. | 收走你的农场、你的车 什么都没剩下 |
[13:39] | Penniless, you die. | 没有了小鸡鸡 你死了 |
[13:41] | And my daughter, Cece, dances on your grave fully clothed. | 而我的女儿茜茜衣冠整齐地在你的坟头跳舞 |
[13:55] | Where is Tibet? | 西藏在哪里? |
[13:57] | Pass. | 过 |
[13:58] | When was China founded? | 中国何时立国? |
[14:00] | Pass. Two for two. Keep it up. | -过 -2比2 保持 |
[14:01] | Who is Mao? | 毛是谁? |
[14:04] | Life line. | -生命线 |
[14:06] | Damn it, Michael. | -该死的 迈克尔 |
[14:07] | You are moments away from the smack down of your life. | 你几乎就到了人生的大崩溃时刻 |
[14:10] | If you don’t know something, | 如果你不知道某些事情 |
[14:12] | steer the conversation back to something you do know. | 把话题引回你知道的事情上 |
[14:14] | I could talk about boobs. I bet he knows nothing about boobs. | 我可以谈论的胸部 我赌他准不知道这个 |
[14:17] | What do you know about boobs? | 你又知道胸部什么呢? |
[14:21] | Michael, I have to tell you something. | 迈克尔 我得告诉你 |
[14:22] | It’s from Rocky II. Thank you. | -来自《洛奇II》 -谢谢 |
[14:26] | “This guy doesn’t just wanna win, | “这家伙不仅想赢 |
[14:28] | “you know, he wants to bury you. | 要知道 他想干掉你 |
[14:30] | “He wants to humiliate you.” | “他想羞辱你” |
[14:32] | Wait, wait, wait. How long is this gonna take? | 等等 这得多长时间? |
[14:34] | I’m, like, a quarter of the way through. | 我 才完成了四分之一 |
[14:35] | Is it gonna be worth it? | 这值得吗? |
[14:37] | No. | 不 |
[14:38] | Just in case, Michael, I made you a cheat sheet. | 只是以防万一 迈克尔 我给你准备了小抄 |
[14:41] | I don’t need to cheat. | 我不用作弊 |
[14:42] | Show him how to use it. | 给他看怎么用 |
[14:43] | 10,706… | -到了 |
[14:45] | Here it is, right here. | 就在这儿 |
[14:46] | Pull over. Pull over. | 靠边停车 |
[14:48] | Oh, my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[14:50] | No way. | 不是吧 |
[14:52] | Man, look at that. | -天 |
[14:54] | Yeah. | 瞧瞧那个 -是呀 |
[14:55] | There’s no building. | 没有大楼 |
[14:58] | This can only mean one thing. | -这只意味着一件事 |
[14:59] | Building’s underground. | -大楼在地底 |
[15:00] | She was lying. | 她在撒谎 |
[15:02] | Oh. | |
[15:03] | Pam, Pam, Pam, Pam. | -潘 潘 好你个潘 |
[15:05] | Pam, Pam, Pam. | -潘 潘 好你个潘 |
[15:07] | Yeah? | 什么事? |
[15:08] | Pam? | 潘? |
[15:09] | What? I’m Pam. | -什么? -我是潘 |
[15:11] | Oh. No, you’re not. | 不 你不是 |
[15:12] | I’m sorry, we have a colleague with the same name. | 对不起 我们有个同事叫潘 |
[15:15] | Oh, that’s funny. | -真有意思 |
[15:16] | You’re not a liar too, are you? | -你不会也是个骗子吧? |
[15:19] | I’ve been known to bend the truth. | 我以纂改事实出名 |
[15:21] | Damn it, Pam. Get out. | 该死 潘 走开 |
[15:22] | Right now. Leave it. I mean it. Get the hell out of here. | 现在 离开 我当真的 滚开 |
[15:25] | Go! | 走! |
[15:27] | I can’t wait to do to Pam what I just did to Pam. | 我真等不及对我们的潘做我对刚才那个潘的事 |
[15:34] | Hey, Pam? | -嗨 潘? -是的 |
[15:35] | Yeah. | 要知道 我是这里唯一你没问过关于新办公室的人 |
[15:36] | You know, I’m the only one here | 要知道 |
[15:38] | that you haven’t asked about the new office. | 我是这里唯一你没问过关于新办公室的人 |
[15:39] | I know, because you’re the reason we’re moving. | 我知道 因为你是我们搬走的原因 |
[15:42] | Yeah, but I’m still an employee here, | 对 但我仍是这里的雇员 |
[15:44] | and that part of me is really excited about the change of scenery. | 而那一部分的我对风景的改变很激动 |
[15:47] | What’s the square footage in the new place? | 新地方有多大? |
[15:49] | I think it’s something like… | 我想大概是… |
[15:50] | What’s the exact square footage? | 确切的平方米数有多少? |
[15:52] | Um… | |
[15:53] | Let me see. | -让我看看 -有多少间办公室? |
[15:54] | How many offices are there? | 我刚看了一页 |
[15:55] | I’ll just look at the one-sheet myself. | 我刚看了一页 |
[15:57] | Actually, I don’t know what I did with the one-sheet. | 其实 我不知道那一页我读了些啥 |
[15:59] | You know, that’s the problem. You only have one sheet. | 要知道 这就是问题所在 你只有一页 |
[16:05] | Oh, you’re a funny guy, Pam. | 你是个有趣的家伙 潘 |
[16:07] | What’s the first thing you guys are gonna do | 搬到新办公室后 |
[16:09] | when you move into the new office? | 你们要做的第一件事是什么? |
[16:11] | I’m gonna walk down the hall, and I’m gonna say, | 我会走到走廊尽头 然后说 |
[16:13] | “Wow, I can’t believe this is real, but it is.” | “哇 真不敢相信这是真的 不过确实是真的” |
[16:17] | I can’t wait. Mmm-hmm. | 我等不及了 |
[16:21] | I lied about some aspects of the building. | 我对大楼的某些方面撒了谎 |
[16:23] | It’s still on a bike path, though, right? | 它还是在自行车道旁 对吧? |
[16:25] | There’s no building. It doesn’t exist. | 没有大楼 它不存在 |
[16:26] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思? |
[16:28] | I needed leverage, so I pulled those pictures off the Internet. | 我需要个优势 所以从网上弄了这些照片 |
[16:30] | It’s just this… | 只是这个… |
[16:32] | This office administrator thing, I don’t want to… | 这个办公室主任的事 我不想… |
[16:36] | What? | 什么? |
[16:37] | Fail. I don’t want to fail. Again. | 失败 我不想再失败了 |
[16:40] | You didn’t fail. | 你没有失败 你对艺术学校的事这么说 也对做销售的事这么说 |
[16:41] | That’s what you said about art school, | 你对艺术学校的事这么说 |
[16:43] | and that’s what you said about sales. | 也对做销售的事这么说 |
[16:45] | And you didn’t fail those things either. | 而且你这些事并没有失败 |
[16:48] | Well, I’m not an artist, and I’m not a salesman. | 我不是艺术家 也不是销售员 |
[16:54] | So, what would you call it? | 那么 你怎么说吧? |
[16:56] | Hey. Hey, hey, hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[17:00] | Michael, the reason I asked you down here for this chat is | 迈克尔 我约你下来聊天的原因是 |
[17:03] | I’ve been thinking that your fears | 我一直在想你对中国的恐惧有些夸张 |
[17:04] | about China are a bit exaggerated. | |
[17:06] | Did you know that China has a new missile | 你知道中国有新的导弹 |
[17:10] | that can sink a U.S. naval carrier 900 miles off the coast? | 能把1500公里开外的美国 航空母舰炸沉? |
[17:13] | We have missiles, too. | 我们也有导弹 你知道中国在秘密扩充核军火库吗? |
[17:14] | Did you also know that China has secretly | 你知道中国在秘密扩充核军火库吗? |
[17:16] | been expanding its nuclear arsenal? | |
[17:18] | But what do I know? | 但是我知道什么? 我是说 这只是根据五角大楼的信息 |
[17:19] | I mean, that’s just according to the Pentagon. | 我是说 这只是根据五角大楼的信息 |
[17:21] | Our Pentagon. | 我们的五角大楼 |
[17:27] | I wasn’t here. | -我没来过 |
[17:28] | What? | -什么? |
[17:31] | I wasn’t here. It’s a pretty common saying. | 我没来过 这是个挺普通的说法 |
[17:33] | You may want to log it away for future use. | 你也许以后用得着 |
[17:36] | Well, thanks. Yeah. | -嗯 谢谢 -好的 |
[17:39] | China has been loaning us billions upon billions of dollars. | 中国借给了我们成千上万的债 |
[17:43] | We are going to be owing them for the rest of our lives, | 我们的余生都欠他们钱 |
[17:47] | and they will control us. | 他们会控制我们 |
[17:48] | Actually, we’re in a mild recession right now, I’ll give you that, | 其实 我们现在处于温和的经济衰退 我会这么说 |
[17:53] | but people use China as the boogeyman for all their problems. | 但是人们把中国妖魔化 作为一切问题的源头 |
[17:55] | In the 1980s, it was Japan. | 在上世纪80年代 我们用日本 |
[17:57] | How then do you explain that in the past year | 那你如何解释去年中国制造涨了17% |
[18:00] | manufacturing in China has risen by 17%, | |
[18:04] | and in the U.S. it has only risen by 8%? | 而美国才涨了8%? |
[18:06] | Do you really think that manufacturing is a relevant indicator | 你真的认为制造业是2011年 |
[18:09] | of where the world economy’s heading in 2011? | 世界经济走向的指标吗? |
[18:13] | Do you know the comparative expansion | 你知道比较扩张吗? |
[18:14] | of, say, the information sector? | 比如说 信息部门? |
[18:16] | I’d say that’s far more relevant, wouldn’t you? | 我得说那太不相关了 你说呢? |
[18:20] | Don’t… | 不要… |
[18:26] | I… | 我… |
[18:34] | Hello. Hello. | 你好 你好 |
[18:35] | You’re breaking the law. Impossible. I love the law. | -你违法了 -不可能 我热爱法律 |
[18:38] | Read article 19. | 读19条 |
[18:39] | There are certain standards that you have to maintain the building at, | 你得根据某些标准维护大楼 |
[18:42] | and that includes comfortable temperatures and adequate lighting. | 那包括舒适的温度和合适的照明 |
[18:45] | It also means no more cutting the tampons in two, | 这还意味着不再把卫生棉棒一分为二 |
[18:48] | and no more tampering with the toilet paper. | 不要再乱弄卫生纸了 |
[18:51] | I see I’ve underestimated you, and I didn’t think that was possible. | 我看我是小瞧你了 我当时还不以为然来着 |
[18:55] | Nate. | 内特 |
[18:58] | Re-ply the paper. | 把纸卷回去 |
[19:00] | I don’t think it goes that way. | 我不认为能倒着做 |
[19:01] | Re-ply it! | 卷回去 |
[19:05] | Don’t worry about the coffee. It’s on me. | 别担心咖啡 我来买单 |
[19:06] | Yeah, I figured that. | 是呀 我看到了 |
[19:08] | Michael, I am so happy that we were able to have this little chat. | 迈克尔 我真高兴咱们能有这个闲聊 |
[19:14] | Wait. | 等等 |
[19:17] | You forgetting something? | 你忘了东西 |
[19:18] | What? This chat. | -什么? -这个闲聊 |
[19:21] | Two men. One white. One Latino. | 两个人 一个白人 一个拉丁裔 |
[19:23] | A boss and a money cruncher. I could fire you. | 一个老板和一个钱道子 我能炒了你 |
[19:26] | Fire him. No. Show mercy. | 炒了他 不 行行好 |
[19:29] | But here we are. | 但我们在这 |
[19:30] | What’s your point? | -你要说什么? |
[19:32] | My point is | -我要说的是 |
[19:35] | that as long as people like you and me don’t stop talking, | 只要像你我一样的人不停止聊天 |
[19:41] | nobody can stop the U.S.A. | 没人能阻挡美国 |
[19:43] | Yeah, go, girl. Right. Yes. | -对呀 加油 女孩 -就是 没错 |
[19:45] | I am talking about freedom, about choice. | 我说的是自由、选择 |
[19:49] | America… | 美国… |
[19:51] | I don’t think you need to worry, | 我不认为你需要担心 |
[19:53] | because if you want to beat China, you will. | 如果要和中国比拼 我们可以 |
[19:56] | If you don’t, that’s fine. | 如果不想 那也好 |
[19:58] | That, my friend, is your victory. | 那个 我的朋友 是你的胜利 |
[20:02] | You know, a lot of people say that | 要知道 |
[20:05] | if you dig long enough and hard enough, | 许多人说 如果你努力长时间的挖 |
[20:07] | you will get to China, and that may be true, | 你会到达中国 那也许是真的 |
[20:10] | but what they don’t tell you is that | 但是他们没告诉你的事 |
[20:11] | if you dig long enough and hard enough in a conversation, | 如果你的对话够努力也够长的话 |
[20:16] | you get to a friend. | 你能交到朋友 |
[20:20] | So, here is to conversation. | 所以 为了我们的对话 |
[20:22] | That’s not… | -那不是… |
[20:23] | Raise your cups on high. | -高举你们的杯子 |
[20:26] | Case closed. Yeah! | -案子结束了 -耶! |
[20:30] | That wasn’t what we were… That wasn’t the whole… | 那不是我们… 那不是整个… |
[20:33] | They say the best vampires don’t bleed their victims dry, | 人们说最好的吸血鬼不会把受害者吸干 |
[20:37] | but give them the strength so that they can bounce back, | 而是给他们力量好让他们恢复 |
[20:39] | only to be fed on again. | 这样好再次吸血 |
[20:40] | I spared Pam, and I might feast | 我饶了潘 |
[20:43] | off of her profits for years to come. | 而接下来的几年 她对我来说还有利可图 |
[20:45] | I let Pam win. | 我让潘赢了 |
[20:50] | I was not motivated by compassion. | 我不是出于同情心 |
[20:53] | I have no compassion. | 我没有同情心 |
[20:56] | Make sure you got that. “Not motivated by compassion.” | 确保你知道那点 “没有同情心驱动” |
[21:09] | “Come to parking lot. Crazy pigeon action.” | “来停车场 疯狂的鸽子大片” |
[21:19] | Shh. | 你会把它们吓走 |
[21:20] | You’re gonna scare them away. | 你会把它们吓走 |
[21:28] | That’s a text. Yeah, right? | -那是条短信 -对啊? |
[21:31] | That’s your new standard. | 那是你的新标准 |