时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | So we need an act for the talent show. | 我们得给才艺表演想个节目 |
[00:08] | Or we could study for our s.A.T.S. | 其实应该为高考复习复习吧 |
[00:11] | And start checking out colleges. | 也该开始找找自己要报志愿的大学了 |
[00:13] | We do have our futures to think about. | 必须为未来做打算了 |
[00:15] | Something fresh. | 节目要新颖点 |
[00:19] | Hey, guys. We’re just passing through, so don’t mind us. | 小伙子们 我们只是从这儿路过 不用在意 |
[00:22] | Oh, I never mind seeing you, Teddy. | 我特别想间你的 泰迪 |
[00:24] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[00:25] | You I mind. | 你么 我一点不想见 |
[00:28] | If you could move it along… | 你们不介意让开地方吧 |
[00:29] | We’re trying to work on our act for the talent show. | 我们正在为才艺表演想节目呢 |
[00:31] | Oh, you know, I’m the m.C. This year. | 哎呀知道不 我是今年的主持人 |
[00:34] | Well, I hope you don’t mind second place, | 我希望你们错失冠军宝座可别哭哦 |
[00:36] | Because spencer and I are doing a dance act together. | 因为我和斯宾塞要组成双人舞搭档呢 |
[00:39] | Still wasting your time with spencer? | 你还和斯宾塞那小子瞎混啊 |
[00:40] | Take away his good looks, his height and his talent, and what have you got? | 他要不是空有其表 长的高点有有点脑子 谁知道会变成什么样的人呢 |
[00:44] | You. | 你这样的人 |
[00:48] | I think we’re done here. | 好吧 我们该走了 |
[00:51] | Man, I would love to beat that spencer. | 兄弟 我一定要打败那个斯宾塞 |
[00:53] | Yeah, we’ve got to come up with something good. | 对 我们得想出好点子来 |
[00:55] | For the talent show, man. | 要绝佳的才艺表演 |
[00:58] | I got it. | 我知道了 |
[01:00] | We go old school and do a ventriloquist act. | 我们可以表演传统把戏做腹语术 |
[01:02] | Oh, a ventriloquist is a guy with a talking puppet, right? | 腹语表演是不是要带着一个会说话的木偶呀 |
[01:04] | Right, a dummy. | 对 就是傀儡 |
[01:06] | Oh, one small problem…there’s two of us. | 嗯 不过有个小问题 我们有两个人 |
[01:10] | Although. | 但是呢 |
[01:12] | One of us could be the dummy. | 我们俩其中一个人可以扮木偶 |
[01:14] | – Like you.- Or you. | -那就是你了-还是你吧 |
[01:16] | – Or you.- Or you… | -你去扮-还是你去 |
[01:22] | Today’s all burnt toast | 生活搞得一团糟 |
[01:23] | Running late, and dad jokes | 就要迟到 爸爸在叫 |
[01:25] | Has anybody seen my left shoe | 我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到 |
[01:28] | I close my eyes, take a bite | 我闭上双眼 咬口早餐 |
[01:30] | Grab a ride, laugh out loud | 跳上车子 放声大笑 |
[01:31] | There it is up on the roof | 就在这里 我们的家 |
[01:34] | I’ve been there, I’ve survived | 我也曾这样生活 我已经顺利走过 |
[01:37] | So just take my advice | 所以听取我的建议 |
[01:41] | Hang in there, baby, | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:43] | Things are crazy | 世界有很多疯狂无奈 |
[01:44] | But I know your future is bright | 可是我知道你会有美好未来 |
[01:47] | Hang in there, Baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:49] | There is no maybe | 不要怀疑 |
[01:51] | Eveything turns out all right | 一切终会如你所愿 |
[01:54] | Sure life is up and down | 生活有悲有喜 |
[01:56] | But trust me, it comes back all around | 可是请相信我 坚持就有好结果 |
[01:59] | You’re gonna love who you turn out to be | 你会喜欢将来的你 |
[02:04] | Hang in there, Baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[02:24] | Jo, if you’re gonna make fun of my poster, I don’t want to hear it. | 阿乔 要是你打算取笑我的海报 我可不想听 |
[02:28] | I’m not gonna make fun of your poster. | 我并没有打算取笑你那海报 |
[02:30] | I’m just gonna tell you it looks stupid. | 我只想告诉你 你看上去蠢极了 |
[02:33] | To ahead and vote for dylan. | 你去投票给迪伦那小子好了 |
[02:35] | I can’t vote for dylan. He’s an ear-picker. | 我不想投给迪伦 他老挖耳屎 |
[02:38] | At least he’s given his nose a break. | 至少他没有继续挖鼻孔 |
[02:41] | You know, Gabe, you’re gonna need the girl vote to win, | 盖比你要知道 你必须拉拢女选民们投票 |
[02:45] | Which, lucky for you, I can deliver. | 而你就好在遇上我 我可以帮你达成目标 |
[02:48] | – How would you do that?- We shoot a campaign video, | -你又怎么可能做到-我们来制作一个竞选录像 |
[02:51] | Post it on the class website. | 上传到班级主页上去公开播放 |
[02:53] | And we’ll put your baby sister in it. | 对了 一定要拍到你家那个婴儿小妹妹 |
[02:55] | Girls go nuts over babies. | 那些姑娘都可为宝宝着迷了 |
[02:57] | I don’t get it, but they do. | 我不明白 不过女孩们就这样 |
[02:59] | Why do you want to help me? I thought we were enemies. | 你为何想来帮我 我以为咱俩是敌对关系 |
[03:02] | Gabe, let’s not put labels on our relationship. | 盖比 我们先不要给咱俩的关系下定义吧 |
[03:06] | We both know it’s complicated. | 咱俩心里都清楚那很复杂的 |
[03:08] | No kidding. | 说正经的 |
[03:10] | I had this dream last week where you… | 我上个礼拜真的做了梦哎 梦见你 |
[03:13] | Yeah, it’s complicated. | 哎呀 果然很复杂 |
[03:25] | Okay, probably something like this. | 看好 大概是这样的舞步 |
[03:33] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[03:34] | Cool.Now you do it. | 很好 那你现在做做 |
[03:36] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[03:45] | So? | 怎么样 |
[03:46] | Really good, | 跳的很不错 |
[03:48] | But you’re not doing what I showed you. | 不过你没有照着我教你的舞步跳呀 |
[03:49] | I know. I feel like it needs something more, right? | 我晓得 但我觉得应该加多些变化 对吧 |
[03:53] | Or less. | 但是少了一点好 |
[03:54] | Actually I’ve been working on some moves of my own, so… | 其实我自己也有一些舞步 给你看下 |
[04:04] | I call this one “the hacky sack.” | 我管这个动作叫做“打沙包” |
[04:06] | Hacky hacky. | 打呀 打呀 |
[04:08] | Hacky hacky hacky hacky hacky sack! | 打呀 打呀 打呀 打沙包 |
[04:16] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[04:19] | What else have you got? | 你还想出些别的什么动作了吗 |
[04:22] | Well… | 那个 |
[04:26] | Everybody knows jazz hands, right? | 大家不是都知道有个爵士振手势动作吗 |
[04:28] | Right. | 是呀 |
[04:29] | Check out these bad boys. | 让你见识下我的坏男孩舞 |
[04:31] | Pow pow pow pow pow pow pow pow! | 啪 啪 啪 啪 啪 啪 |
[04:36] | Pow! | 啵 |
[04:40] | Exploding jazz hands. | 爵士振动手的爆炸版 |
[04:42] | Fantastic. | 难以置信呀 |
[04:49] | All right, first we want to show you as a strong leader. | 现在我们先要拍摄展示你是一个强悍领袖的画面 |
[04:54] | So act strong. | 显示你的强悍吧 |
[04:59] | How does that look? | 这看上去怎么样 |
[05:03] | What am I looking at? | 要我看什么啊 |
[05:06] | Just make a fist and say,”I will fight for you.” | 你只要捏紧拳头说“我为你们奋战” |
[05:11] | Okay. | 行 |
[05:12] | I will fight for you! | 我将为你们奋战 |
[05:13] | Perfect. Now let’s see the softer side of Gabe… | 完美 现在展示温柔一面的盖比吧 |
[05:16] | The loving brother.Chase the kid around. | 一个有爱心的哥哥 追着宝宝四处爬的画面 |
[05:21] | Ready? | 准备 |
[05:25] | I’m gonna get you. I’m gonna get you. | 我要抓住你 抓到你了哦 |
[05:31] | Aww, the baby’s absolutely adorable. | 哎呦 宝宝确实可爱极来了 |
[05:33] | People are gonna love her. | 人们一定会爱死她的 |
[05:35] | Now get her out of here. | 现在赶紧把她弄走吧 |
[05:42] | Now let’s meet Gabe the wise leader. | 那么现在让大家看看盖比的英明睿智 |
[05:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:49] | Should I do this? | 我需要这样做吗 |
[05:54] | No. | 不要 |
[05:58] | – Just answer these questions.- Okay. | -你只要回答以下的问题-好的 |
[06:00] | Gabe, how would you feel about a longer recess? | 盖比 你对学校放长假的提议怎么看 |
[06:02] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我认为此提议很好 |
[06:05] | Some of the teachers think we should have more homework. | 有一部分老师则认为应该给我们布置更多的功课 |
[06:07] | Thoughts? | 你的想法呢 |
[06:08] | That’s a terrible idea. | 我认为这种提议很糟 |
[06:10] | The amount of homework we do now is good. | 我们现有的功课量很合适 |
[06:12] | And finally, new playground rules… pro or con? | 那么最后对于新的操场规定 你是赞成还是反对 |
[06:15] | I don’t like them at all.There’s safety and there’s fun. | 不支持也不反对 又要安全又要有乐趣 |
[06:19] | You can’t have them both. | 是不可能两者兼顾的 |
[06:21] | Loving it.Now say, | 说的很好 现在这样说 |
[06:23] | “I’m Gabe Duncan and I approve this message.” | 我是盖比 邓肯 证实此传递信息有效 |
[06:25] | I’m Gabe Duncan and I approve this message. | 我是盖比 邓肯 证实此传递信息有效 |
[06:29] | Awesome.We’re done. | 好极了 拍完啦 |
[06:30] | You want to play a video game? | 你要不要玩玩电动 |
[06:32] | Until the election | 在选举之前 |
[06:34] | I think it’s best we keep this professional. | 我们最好保持纯专业的合作关系 |
[06:40] | Or you could be the dummy. | 你应该去当木偶人 |
[06:41] | Or you could be the dummy. | 是你应该去当木偶人 |
[06:42] | Or you could be the dummy. | 还是你才能胜任啊 |
[06:43] | We could do this all day. | 我们可以这样吵一整天啊 |
[06:45] | We have been doing this all day. | 我们已经吵了一整天了 |
[06:46] | Well, I can’t be the dummy | 得了 我可不能当那个傀儡 |
[06:49] | ’cause I’m not comfortable with you putting your hands up my shirt. | 因为我很怕你把手伸到我的衣服里面去那种感觉 |
[06:52] | You didn’t feel that way last week. | 你上星期怎么没感觉啊 |
[06:53] | When you had that itch you couldn’t reach. | 那时候自己够不到还尽叫我帮你挠痒痒 |
[06:55] | All right, then what if we’re both dummies? | 好吧 我们俩一起当傀儡好了 |
[06:58] | Fine, we’re both dummies. | 很好 就一起当傀儡吧 |
[07:01] | I don’t know what’s been going on in here, | 我是不知道你们在搞什么 |
[07:04] | But you two just made a breakthrough. | 不过你们俩终于有突破进展了 |
[07:12] | Hey, ivy, you got a minute? | 喂 艾薇 你有空说几句吗 |
[07:16] | You found out Teddy can’t dance, right? | 你发现泰迪根本不会跳舞了 对吧 |
[07:18] | She’s awful.I don’t want to embarrass myself. | 她跳得太吓人了 我可不想在全校师生 |
[07:21] | In front of the whole school.What am I gonna do? | 面前丢脸 我该怎么办啊 |
[07:24] | You gotta tell it to her straight. | 你必须直接告诉她 |
[07:26] | Just rip the bandage off and say, | 干脆打开天窗说亮话就说 |
[07:28] | “girl, you stink.” | 姑娘 你太差劲了 |
[07:30] | You know, that kind of honesty. | 你知道 这种直言不讳的逆耳忠言 |
[07:32] | Might be better coming from the best friend. | 还是由闺蜜死党的嘴中说出比较好 |
[07:35] | You’re funny. | 你真会开玩笑 |
[07:38] | Fine. I’ll do it. | 好吧 去就去 |
[07:40] | I’ll just be honest with her. | 我会对她诚实以对的 |
[07:42] | I sprained my ankle. | 我扭伤了脚踝 |
[07:45] | Oh, no. What happened? | 哎呀天 怎么搞成这样 |
[07:47] | I was trying to practice some of your dance moves. | 我想练习一下你那种舞步来着 |
[07:49] | And then I slipped. | 然后就滑到了 |
[07:51] | Mm, too much hacking on the sacky? | 嗯 是不是做了太多打沙包的动作 |
[07:55] | Exactly. | 对呀 |
[07:56] | And right before the talent show. | 正好在才艺表演开始前呢 |
[08:00] | Talk about bad timing. | 真是太不巧的时间了 |
[08:02] | You poor thing, come in. | 你这可伶的家伙 快进来吧 |
[08:09] | Have a seat. | 快坐下 |
[08:11] | I’m gonna put your foot up. | 来把你的脚搁在这儿 |
[08:14] | Can I get you anything? Are you hungry? | 你想吃点什么吗 是不是饿了 |
[08:17] | A little. | 是有点饿 |
[08:18] | You know what you need? | 你知道自己应该吃什么吗 |
[08:19] | Some homemade chicken soup. | 要喝家里煲的鸡汤啊 |
[08:23] | Mm, chicken soup. | 哎哟 还要喝鸡汤咧 |
[08:27] | For the chicken. | 给胆小鬼和正合适 |
[08:36] | Jo just put the campaign video on the website. | 阿乔刚才上传了我的竞选录像到网上 |
[08:39] | You want to watch it? | 你们要不要看 |
[08:39] | Sure, honey. | 很乐意啊 宝贝 |
[08:45] | How well do you really know Gabe Duncan? | 大家对 盖比 邓肯了解多少呢 |
[08:49] | I will fight you! | 来跟我打啊 |
[08:50] | He hates babies. | 他讨厌宝宝 |
[08:55] | Gabe, how would you feel if there was no more recess? | 盖比 若是学校暂停放假你觉得如何 |
[08:58] | I think it’s a great idea. | 我认为那很好 |
[09:00] | Really? | 你说真的吗 |
[09:03] | And what’s your opinion about less homework? | 那你怎么看减少作业量的观点 |
[09:05] | That’s a terrible idea. | 那主意很糟 |
[09:07] | The amount of homework we do now is good. | 我们现有的功课量很合适 |
[09:14] | And finally, how do you feel about girls? | 最后请问 你怎么看女孩们呢 |
[09:17] | I don’t like them at all. | 我一点都不喜欢她们 |
[09:20] | Gabe Duncan… | 盖比 邓肯 |
[09:22] | No recess, more homework, hates girls, | 他不想要放假 想要给我们加功课量 还讨厌女孩子 |
[09:25] | Especially baby girls. | 特别讨厌女宝宝 |
[09:29] | m jo keener and I want to be your president. | 我是乔克依那 我希望做你们的班长 |
[09:34] | I’m Gabe Duncan and I approve this message. | 我是盖比 邓肯 证实此传递信息有效 |
[09:45] | Okay, I know it looks bad. | 好吧 我知道这看起来不妙 |
[09:48] | But… | 不过呢 |
[09:51] | But what? | 还不过啥呀 |
[10:10] | – Hi.- Hi. | -好啊-嘿 |
[10:12] | You’re probably wondering why I’m running on my sprained ankle. | 你一定是在想我怎么扭伤脚还能跑呢 |
[10:16] | Yeah, I kind of was. | 没错 我确实很怀疑 |
[10:19] | It healed. | 因为伤已经养好了 |
[10:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:23] | Then why do you still have your crutches? | 那你为啥还拄着拐杖呢 |
[10:25] | Lots of good questions here. | 你真是好问不倦呀 |
[10:30] | Spence, what’s going on? | 斯宾思 到底怎么回事 |
[10:32] | All right, look, I faked the injury. | 好吧 说实话 我假装受伤的 |
[10:35] | Because there is a problem. | 因为出了问题 |
[10:37] | With what? | 哪里出问题了 |
[10:38] | With our dancing. | 就是我们那个双人舞啊 |
[10:39] | Oh, spence, not everybody gets the exploding jazz hands. | 哎呀 斯宾思 不是每个人都能学会爆炸版的爵士手势的 |
[10:42] | The first time out.It’s a process. | 一回生二回熟 要慢慢来 |
[10:44] | The problem wasn’t me. | 不是我的问题 |
[10:47] | Oh. | 噢 |
[10:48] | It’s no big deal.Lots of people can’t dance. | 并不是什么大事 很多人都不擅长跳舞 |
[10:51] | And you’re one of them. | 你只是其中一个而已啦 |
[10:53] | For your information, I’m a great dancer. | 我要更正你 我是个很棒的舞者 |
[10:55] | Teddy, I’m just being honest. | 泰迪 我是想跟你说实话 |
[10:57] | Oh, like you were about your ankle? | 你扭伤脚算是实话吗 |
[10:58] | No, you know what? I’m gonna find myself a new partner… | 哼 告诉你 我要跟你拆伙走别的舞搭子去 |
[11:01] | – Someone who appreciates my talent. | 我会找一个真正欣赏我才艺的人 |
[11:02] | Teddy, come on. | 泰迪别闹了 |
[11:03] | I even knitted you special socks to keep your toes warm, | 我还特地给你织了可以保暖的脚趾袜呢 |
[11:06] | ’cause that’s another thing I’m good at… knitting. | 这也是我另一个才艺 那就是给你这种人织毛衣 |
[11:12] | My class is this way. | 我的班级在那边 |
[11:22] | I’m so glad we decided to forget the ventriloquist act. | 太好了 我们终于一致同意不玩腹语表演了 |
[11:26] | Yeah, what were we thinking? Juggling is so much easier. | 就是 我们俩之前太傻了 杂耍就简单很多 |
[11:29] | – Okay, throw first.- No, you throw first. | 好吧 那你先扔 -不 还是你先扔 |
[11:31] | – No, you throw first.- No, you throw first. | -不 你先扔-不 还是你先扔 |
[11:40] | Emmett, do you want to dance with me in the talent show? | 埃米特 你要不要和我一起在才艺表演赛上跳舞呢 |
[11:43] | – Yes.- Great. | -愿意-很好 |
[11:44] | Let’s go to the basement and rehearse. | 我们去地下室开始排练 |
[11:47] | Whoa whoa, wait, emmett.What just happened here? | 喂 喂 等等 埃米特 刚才发生了什么事 |
[11:50] | Teddy just asked me to dance with her. | 泰迪刚才叫我和她一起跳舞 |
[11:52] | Let’s not question it. | 铁板钉钉了 |
[11:54] | So you’re just leaving me hanng? | 那你就准备弃我而去啊 |
[11:56] | Don’t look at it that way. You and I are like best buds. | 别那样说嘛 你是我最好的哥们儿 |
[11:59] | We’ve been through thick and thin together. | 同甘共苦 风风雨雨都一起经历过来了 |
[12:01] | – You know I will always be there… | 你知道我会一直陪伴你左右的 |
[12:02] | Emmett! | 埃米特 |
[12:03] | See ya. | 回见啰 |
[12:09] | Pow pow pow pow pow! | 啪 啪 啪 啪 啪 |
[12:12] | Pow! | 啵 |
[12:16] | What do you think? And be honest. | 你觉得怎么样 要说实话 |
[12:19] | I love it.Duh. | 我很喜欢呀 |
[12:24] | Really? ‘Cause spencer said I was a bad dancer. | 真的吗 因为斯宾塞说我跳得很差劲 |
[12:27] | Let’s not talk about spencer. | 我们不要再说斯宾塞那小子了 |
[12:29] | He’s in the past.It’s emmett time. | 他是过去式 我埃米特才是现在时 |
[12:31] | So which of my moves should we start with? | 那我们应该从我哪个舞步开始跳 |
[12:33] | Actually I’m thinking that we should save your moves till the end. | 其实我觉得我们应该把你的舞步保留到压轴 |
[12:36] | You don’t start a fine meal off with dessert, right? | 好吃的甜点要最后上桌 对吧 |
[12:38] | Right. | 说得对 |
[12:40] | So I’ll just start dancing,do whatever it is I do… | 所以让我先带头跳 你先跟着我就好 |
[12:43] | The meat and potatoes… | 你知道的 先吃点肉啊土豆什么的 |
[12:44] | And then you can bring it home with the Crimble leg. | 然后你就可以满载鲜花掌声 盛誉而归了 |
[12:47] | The Crimble leg. | 鲜花掌声的荣誉啊 |
[12:48] | A little less Crimble leg | 不过也要低调些 |
[12:49] | The Crimble leg. | 低调的荣誉啊 |
[12:50] | A little less. | 再低调些 |
[12:51] | Less? | 还要低调嘛 |
[12:51] | More. Right. | 对 再低点 |
[12:53] | – Crimble leg.- There you go. | -这样吗-对 就这样 |
[12:58] | Hey, how did it go today, honey? | 嘿 今天选举怎么样啊 亲爱的 |
[13:01] | Well, one kid said he’d vote for me. | 那个 有个小朋友说他投了我的票 |
[13:03] | Then he found his glasses and realized I wasn’t jo. | 后来他找到了眼镜才发现原来我不是阿乔 |
[13:06] | We have to do something about this jo person. | 我们得教训一下这个叫乔的小孩 |
[13:10] | You don’t have to do anything. | 你没必要这样做 |
[13:11] | No, I do, I do, | 不行 我一定要去 |
[13:13] | Because nobody attack my babies. | 我可不准别人欺负我的小孩 |
[13:15] | Now bob, I want you to go over to jo’s house. | 现在老公 我要你去那个阿乔的家 |
[13:17] | And punch her dad in the face. | 把她老爸揍一顿 |
[13:19] | If he’s anything like jo…no, thanks. | 要是他和那个阿乔是一个模子出来的 那我可不去 |
[13:23] | Once again I am the one who has to do the butt-kicking around here. | 得 这回又是要靠老娘出马去踢馆了 |
[13:27] | Honey, would you relax? Nobody needs to kick anything. | 亲爱的 你冷静点 没人需要去踢馆 |
[13:30] | That’s right. I’ve got a plan and I need your help. | 说得对 我有个计划需要你们帮忙 |
[13:33] | There, you see? He’s got a plan. | 看见没 咱儿子自己有计划了 |
[13:35] | Yes. | 对呀 |
[13:37] | Would you stop stretching? Let’s go. | 你就别在那压腿了 我们走吧 |
[13:40] | I’m not stretching. | 我不是在压腿 |
[13:42] | I’m stuck. | 我是卡住不能动了 |
[13:53] | Hey, I think we can really take this thing. | 我看我们真的能胜哎 |
[13:56] | Look who we’re up against… the magician, the roller skaters, | 看看这些对手都是啥垃圾啊 魔术师 滚轮溜冰的 |
[13:59] | The stilt walker, the kid with the tuba. | 踩高跷的 还有个吹大号的 |
[14:01] | It’s a sousaphone or as he pronounces through his braces, | 那个叫低音号 要不然就是像他戴着牙套发出的音节 |
[14:04] | Shooshaphone. | 嘘嘘号 |
[14:17] | That was erwin and his sousaphone, | 刚才就是欧文带来的低音号 |
[14:21] | Playing, believe it or not, | 他的表演曲目是 随便你们信不信吧 |
[14:24] | “party in the u.S.A.” | 歌曲 美国派对 |
[14:30] | And now please welcome the dance stylings of… | 现在让我们欢迎舞蹈双人团体 |
[14:33] | Locomotion! | “移动力”组合 |
[15:20] | Emmett! | 埃米特 |
[15:23] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[15:24] | Get away from me. | 你离我远点 |
[16:07] | Thank you, locomotion… | 谢谢 “移动力”组合 |
[16:11] | And friends. | 和他们的朋友们 |
[16:14] | And now for our next act. | 现在是我们下一个节目 |
[16:16] | Did anyone survive that? | 刚才还有人幸存吗 |
[16:18] | I’m still here. | 我还在呢 |
[16:19] | Please give it up for master ventriloquist. | 请为腹语表演大师来些掌声吧 |
[16:23] | P.J. Duncan! | P J 邓肯 |
[16:27] | Hi, everybody.I’m p.J. | 大家好 我是PJ |
[16:30] | This is Charlie. | 她是查莉 |
[16:32] | Say hello, Charlie. | 问候大家吧 查莉 |
[16:37] | I was hoping to get by on cuteness. | 我期待加可爱分的 |
[16:40] | How are we doing so far? | 我们做的怎么样啊 |
[16:52] | And as your president I promise to represent you. | 作为班长 我承诺代办你们的心声 |
[16:54] | I also promise to fight. | 以我最大的能力为大家服务 我也承诺为你们战斗到底 |
[16:57] | For more recess and less homework. | 为了更多的假日和更少的功课的将来 |
[16:59] | And of course, I don’t hate girls. | 最后一点 我当然不讨厌女孩子 |
[17:02] | Like some candidates. | 不像某些其他候选人 |
[17:04] | Named Gabe Duncan. | 比如那个盖比 邓肯 |
[17:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[17:14] | Before I begin, I would like to say something about this campaign. | 在我开始演说前 我想先谈谈这次竞选黑幕 |
[17:18] | Now a lot of things have been said about me. | 外界对我有很多流言 |
[17:21] | And even though they aren’t true, I’m okay with that. | 就算他们都是在中伤我 我也并不在乎 |
[17:24] | But when somebody starts attacking my family… | 但是有人开始恶意攻击我的家人 |
[17:31] | That’s where I draw the line. | 这就触到我的底线 |
[17:34] | Now I could stand here. | 现在我要堂堂正正站在这里 |
[17:37] | And tell you who I really am, | 告诉你们一个真实的自己 |
[17:40] | But I’d rather show you. | 不过我更愿意让你们亲眼看看 |
[17:46] | I love all my kids equally, | 我爱我的每个子女 |
[17:48] | But if I had to pick a favorite, | 但如果非要选一个最得心的 |
[17:50] | It would be Gabe. | 那就是盖比 |
[17:54] | I changed the oil in your truck, dad. | 爸爸 我帮你的卡车换了机油 |
[17:59] | Without being asked…classic Gabe. | 不用多说甚么了 这就是好儿子盖比 |
[18:02] | He’s just so loving and so caring, | 他就是这么充满爱心喜欢照顾别人 |
[18:05] | Especially with his baby sister Charlie. | 特别是对他的小妹妹查莉 |
[18:08] | In fact, Gabe was the most excited about Charlie’s arrival. | 事实上 盖比是对查莉的出生最热情的一个 |
[18:14] | And he made it himself. | 他设置自己动手做了这个 |
[18:18] | Gabe’s the kind of guy you want to have a root beer with. | 盖比是那种你想跟他喝一杯的兄弟 |
[18:24] | We’ll stay up all night if we have to, | 必要的话我们可以再这儿熬一晚上 |
[18:27] | But I’m gonna make sure you pass that test. | 不过我还是要确保你能通过明天的考试 |
[18:30] | Don’t you have to rescue stray animals. | 你难道不需要去拯救那些流浪动物吗、 |
[18:32] | And find them good homes? | 为他们找到新家 |
[18:33] | Did that before school. | 在上学前已经做好了 |
[18:35] | Classic Gabe. | 好兄弟盖比 |
[18:40] | Gabe’s not only sweet and kind, | 盖比不仅是又贴心又善良 |
[18:42] | He also has an amazing fashion sense. | 他还有特别棒的时尚触觉 |
[18:47] | This one…fun and playful. | 这一件 有趣能逗乐 |
[18:50] | This one is off the hook! | 这一件嘛 潮爆了 |
[18:58] | And they all lived happily ever after. | 最后他们永远幸福的生活在一起 |
[19:03] | Mwah. | 亲一个 |
[19:05] | Gabe Duncan… | 盖比 邓肯 |
[19:07] | Family first. | 家庭永远第一位 |
[19:22] | Gabe, Gabe, Gabe, Gabe! | 盖比 盖比 盖比 盖比 |
[19:37] | – Hey.- Hey. | -嘿-嘿 |
[19:40] | I just wanted to say… | 我只是想跟你说 |
[19:41] | I know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你想说什么 |
[19:43] | You saw the talent show and now you want to say “I told you so,” | 你看了才艺表演现在想说“我早告诉过你”是吧 |
[19:45] | Because you were right.I can’t dance. | 因为你说的对 我确实不会跳舞 |
[19:49] | Actually I was going to apologize. | 其实我是想来道歉 |
[19:51] | For lying about my ankle. | 因为我骗你说扭伤了脚 |
[19:53] | Oh, okay.Go ahead then. | 这样啊 那你继续 |
[19:55] | I’m sorry for lying about my ankle. | 很抱歉骗你说扭伤脚 |
[19:57] | I’m sorry I lied about those socks. | 我也很抱歉骗你说织了袜子 |
[20:00] | What? | 什么 |
[20:01] | I didn’t actually knit them myself. | 其实不是我自己织的 |
[20:03] | I can’t knit.Or dance. | 我根本不会织毛线 也不会跳舞 |
[20:05] | Hey, if I wanted a dancing knitter, | 听着 要是我想找个会织毛线的舞蹈家 |
[20:07] | I’d date my aunt betty. | 不然去跟贝蒂阿姨约会 |
[20:09] | So we’re good? | 那我们和好啦 |
[20:11] | We’re great. | 特别好呢 |
[20:12] | Emmett… | 埃米特 |
[20:14] | Get away from me! | 离我远点 |
[20:23] | Hey, Charlie. So yesterday was the school talent show. | 嘿嘿 小查莉 昨天试学校的才艺表演日 |
[20:26] | And I hold in my hand the winning check for $25. | 我现在手里拿的是赢来的奖金25块钱的支票 |
[20:30] | Which is made out to PJ Duncan. | 是PJ 邓肯赢来的 |
[20:33] | Yeah, the one that’s based on your cuteness, Charlie. | 对 因为用你的可爱分赢来的哟 小查莉 |
[20:36] | And mine. | 还有我自己的可爱分 |
[20:38] | Anyway, I on the other hand owe the school. | 不管怎么说吧 我自己却在学校欠了一大笔钱 |
[20:40] | Some money for damages. | 损坏公物的债务 |
[20:42] | And erwin said he’ll “shee” me in court. | 还有欧文说他要“嘘”我上法庭 |
[20:45] | So my advice is, | 所以我建议你 |
[20:46] | If someone ever tells you you’re bad at something you love, | 以后要是有人跟你说你并不擅长某件你自己喜欢的事 |
[20:49] | Don’t give up.Just make sure. | 千万不要放弃 但要再三保证 |
[20:51] | You don’t do it in front of the whole school. | 绝对不要在全校面前去表演 |
[20:54] | And if I ever offer to teach you how to dance, | 还有要是我们什么时候打算教你跳舞的话 |
[20:57] | Well, good luck, Charlie. | 那就祝你好运了 查莉 |
[21:06] | Gabe, lunch. | 盖比 吃中饭 |
[21:10] | All clear. | 场地安全 |
[21:15] | Gabe, really, is all this necessary? | 盖比 你搞笑吧 这有没有必要啊 |
[21:17] | Yes, it is. I’m the president. | 绝对有必要 我现在是主席了 |
[21:21] | Of room 12. | 你只是十二班的主席啊 |
[21:22] | Today room 12, | 今天是十二班 |
[21:25] | Tomorrow room 14. | 明天就是十四班 |
[21:29] | They’re painting room 12, so we’re moving to room 14. | 十二班粉刷教室 所以我们搬堂到十四班去了 |
[21:32] | Just eat your sandwich. | 就吃你的三明治吧 |
[21:38] | Gabe, you got a little something on your… | 盖比 你这沾了点东西 |
[21:43] | Oh, whoa | 哎呀 喂 |
[21:44] | Gabe, would you tell the secret service man to get off your brother? | 盖比 能不能让你的特勤人员放开你的哥哥呢 |
[21:48] | Mom, what did I say about bossing me around? | 妈妈 我说过不要再对我颐指气使 |
[21:52] | Oh, you wouldn’t. | 哦 你不会吧 |
[21:53] | Take her down! | 给我拿下她 |
[21:57] | How are you doing, dad? | 你有何要说的 爸爸 |
[22:00] | I’m fine. | 陛下圣明 |