时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | “Guys with Kids” is taped in front of a live studio audience. | “Guys with Kids”是在现场录音室观众的观看下录制完成的 |
[00:05] | – Mom’s home! – Mom’s home! | -妈妈回来了 -妈妈回来了 |
[00:07] | Ow, hey! | 噢 嘿 |
[00:09] | Welcome to my life. | 欢迎来到我的生活 |
[00:12] | These guys today. | 这些家伙今天呐 |
[00:13] | – Hi, sweetheart. – Take ’em. | -嗨 甜心 -接着他们 |
[00:15] | Look, and I’m not talking to this one for the rest of the night. | 听着 我今晚剩下来的时间都不会和这家伙说话 |
[00:18] | – Oh. – Mom, did you know there’s a– | -噢 -妈妈 你知道吗有个 |
[00:20] | Boys, boys. Back up, back up. | 孩子们 孩子们 退后 退后 |
[00:22] | Come on, give your mom some space. | 拜托 给你妈留点空间 |
[00:23] | – Oh, thank you, Gary. – Oh, you’re welcome, baby. | -噢 谢啦Gary -噢 别客气 亲爱的 |
[00:26] | So how was your day? | 那么你今天怎么样 |
[00:27] | What’d you do? Tell me about it. | 干了些啥 都告诉我 |
[00:28] | Come on, come on, come on. | 来嘛 来嘛 来嘛 |
[00:29] | What did you have for lunch? | 你午餐吃了些啥 |
[00:31] | Uh, turkey sandwich? | 呃 火鸡三文治吧 |
[00:33] | Oh, a turkey sandwich? All right. | 噢 一个火鸡三文治 好的 |
[00:35] | On what type of bread? | 那用的是哪种面包呢 |
[00:36] | Come on, don’t leave me hanging, woman! | 来嘛 好家伙 别让我胃口吊着 |
[00:39] | Gary, I just got home. | Gary 我才刚到家呢 |
[00:41] | I’m tired. | 我累死了 |
[00:42] | Baby, I’m tired too. | 宝贝儿 我也累呢 |
[00:43] | And I’ve been trapped in here all day. | 而且我被困在这足足一天了 |
[00:46] | I need to know what’s going on out in the real world. | 我得知道外面真实世界发生着什么事儿 |
[00:48] | Give me details. | 跟我说的详细点 |
[00:50] | – You want details? – Yes. | -你想知道些细节吗 -嗯 |
[00:51] | I spent five hours in a windowless conference room | 我花了5个小时在一个没有窗户的会议室里 |
[00:54] | debating whether to put the title | 讨论应该把一个幻灯片演示 |
[00:55] | of a PowerPoint presentation | 题目都用大写字母表示 |
[00:57] | in all caps or initial caps. | 还是就把首字母大写 |
[01:00] | Oh, so what did you decide? | 噢 那么你决定选哪个 |
[01:02] | Oh, baby, please, can I just get a minute? | 噢宝贝儿求求你了 你能让我歇一会儿吗 |
[01:06] | No, baby, I need adult conversation. | 不 宝贝 我要听点成人间的对话 |
[01:08] | The only thing I talked to today was this thing. | 今天跟我唯一说过话的就是这玩意儿 |
[01:11] | You’re special. | 你很与众不同 |
[01:13] | The positive reinforcement is great, | 这种正强化是很好 |
[01:14] | but the conversation doesn’t go anywhere. | 但是我们的对话就能聊这两句 |
[01:16] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[01:18] | Say it less and mean it more, Teddy bear. | 少说两句 认真点 泰迪熊 |
[01:50] | So what’s the big news, Chris? | Chris 什么头条新闻 |
[01:51] | Cagney’s is starting a trivia night. | Cagney酒吧准备开始冷知识之夜 |
[01:53] | Apparently all those cards we stuffed in the suggestion box paid off. | 显然 我们塞进建议箱里的那些卡片见效了 |
[01:57] | The system works. | 这计划起作用了 |
[02:00] | Let’s do it. Finally, some real competition. | 走起 终于有场真正的比赛了 |
[02:02] | I think we should pull Violet out of school | 我认为我们应该把Violet从学校里拉出来 |
[02:04] | so she can quiz us during the day. | 好让她能在白天的时候测试我们 |
[02:06] | There’s the overly competitive guy | 原来这个之前 |
[02:08] | who got into a butterfly drawing competition with my niece. | 和我侄女比赛画蝴蝶的好胜心切的家伙在这啊 |
[02:12] | She thinks she’s so good. | 她还以为自己真的很不错呢 |
[02:16] | – Hi. – What are you guys doing? | -嗨 -你们这群家伙在干嘛 |
[02:17] | Oh, nobody move. | 噢 大家都别动 |
[02:18] | If we hold perfectly still, she might not spray us. | 如果我们保持完全不动 她可能不会喷我们 |
[02:23] | Oh, my God. Your dog can talk. | 噢天呐 你的狗会说话啦 |
[02:28] | Sheila, we are forming a bar trivia team. | Sheila 我们正在组建一支酒吧冷知识队伍 |
[02:31] | Do you wanna join? | 你想加入吗 |
[02:32] | Does kamusta mean “yes” in tagalog? | kamusta在塔加拉语里面是 是 的意思吗 |
[02:35] | No, it means “hello.” That was a trick question. | 不 它代表 你好 这是个捉弄人的问题 |
[02:37] | You need me. | 你需要我 |
[02:40] | Sheila, I know that Emily just asked you to join our team, | Sheila 我知道刚才Emily问了你想不想加入我们的队伍里 |
[02:43] | but I am asking you to take the temperature of the room, | 不过我现在想让你看清楚这室内的状况 |
[02:47] | read between the lines, | 自己体会这里的谈话 |
[02:48] | and pick up on the general vibe that I am sending out right now. | 然后注意我现在正在发散的整体氛围 |
[02:53] | Got it…I’m in. | 懂了 我参加 |
[02:55] | And I’ve already figured out our team name. | 而且我已经想到我们的队名了 |
[02:58] | “Let’s Get Quizzical,” huh? | “大家一起冷知识”怎样 |
[03:01] | It’s a pun on the song by Oli– | 这是一首歌的双关语 那是Oli |
[03:03] | Olivia Newton-John, 1981, MCA Records. | Olivia Newton-John的歌 1981年 MCA唱片发行 |
[03:05] | Bang. Winner. I beat you. | 呼 我是赢家 我打败了你 |
[03:08] | Nick, you’re on the same team. | Nick 你们在同一支队伍里啊 |
[03:10] | Yeah, I know, but I won. | 嗯 我知道啊 不过我的确赢了 |
[03:15] | Hold the elevator! | 电梯等等 |
[03:17] | – Whoa. Oh. Oh. – Hey. | -哇 噢 噢 -嘿 |
[03:20] | – You two. – Hey. | -是你们俩啊 -嘿 |
[03:22] | Yes, we’ll ride the elevator with you. | 没错 我们会跟你一块乘电梯的 |
[03:24] | Jeez, Marny, you’re so needy. | 天呐 Marny 你可真是缺乏情感方面的支持啊 |
[03:27] | It’s nothing personal, guys. | 别往心里去 伙计们 |
[03:29] | This one-minute elevator ride | 在电梯的这一分钟 |
[03:31] | is the only alone time in my day. | 是我一天里唯一的一点独自的时间 |
[03:34] | I love my kids. I love my husband. | 我爱我的孩子们 我爱我的丈夫 |
[03:37] | But sometimes I see someone in a coma on a medical show, | 不过有时候我在电视剧里看到某个人昏迷了 |
[03:40] | and I say, “I could use some of that.” | 然后我觉得 “我也可以偶尔这么来一下” |
[03:42] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[03:44] | I totally get it. I totally get it. | 我完全明白 我完全明白 |
[03:46] | The stay-at-home spouses, | 在家看孩子的另一半 |
[03:47] | they do not understand. | 他们不会明白 |
[03:49] | We go straight from working at work | 我们从在工作上的工作 |
[03:50] | to working at home. | 直接回到了家里的工作 |
[03:52] | It’s like, hey, I need some alone time. | 这就像 嘿 我需要一点独自的时间 |
[03:54] | But if I ask Gary for alone time, | 但是如果我向Gary要求独自的时间的话 |
[03:56] | it’s gonna hurt his feelings. | 那就会伤害到他的感觉 |
[03:58] | Yeah, right, but that’s why | 嗯 没错 这就是为啥 |
[03:59] | you don’t ask for alone time. | 你不能要求有私人时间 |
[04:00] | You have to sneak it. | 你得偷偷地获取 |
[04:02] | Dirty little secret about divorce, guys: | 关于离婚的不好听小秘密 伙计们 |
[04:04] | Filled with wonderful alone time. | 充满了棒极了的私人时间 |
[04:06] | Like, lots of alone time, you know? | 很多的私人时间 |
[04:08] | Sometimes too much alone time. | 有时候私人时间太多了 |
[04:12] | Now I’m sad. | 现在我觉得忧伤了 |
[04:15] | Nick, I don’t think I could ever deceive Gary that way. | Nick 我觉得我永远不会那样欺骗Gary |
[04:18] | Sure you can. Do it. | 当然可以啦 去吧 |
[04:20] | Maybe I’m just over-tired | 可能我只是过度劳累 |
[04:22] | and blowing things out of proportion. | 把事情都夸大了 |
[04:24] | Hey, baby, the suspense is killing me. | 嘿 宝贝 这悬念太折磨我了 |
[04:28] | Did you go with all caps or initial caps, huh? | 你是打算全大写还是只是首字母大写 啊 |
[04:30] | How long have you been waiting here? | 你们在这等了多久了 |
[04:32] | We watched you get off the subway from the window. | 我们在窗户那里看着你从地铁站出来 |
[04:35] | We always watch you. | 我们总是看着你 |
[04:44] | Welcome to Cagney’s inaugural Trivia Night. | 欢迎来到Cagney酒吧冷知识之夜的开幕式 |
[04:50] | All right, first question. | 好了 第一个问题 |
[04:52] | Who is the current prime minister of Canada? | 谁是现任的加拿大总理 |
[04:56] | Stephen Harper Stephen Harper! | |
[04:57] | Correct. | 正确 |
[04:59] | I’m outside counsel for a pharmaceutical company based in Toronto. | 我是一家位于多伦多的药剂公司的国外诉讼律师 |
[05:03] | I watch hockey. | 我看冰上曲棍球 |
[05:06] | Oh!Sir Arthur Conan Doyle? | 噢 亚瑟柯南道尔 爵士 |
[05:08] | Incorrect. | 错误 |
[05:09] | That’s a point lost for team “Let’s Get Quizzical.” | “大家一起冷知识”队减一分 |
[05:12] | Good guess, Chris. Good job! | 猜得好 Chris 干得好 |
[05:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:18] | No, the thing is, you don’t know. | 不 重点是 你不知道答案 |
[05:22] | You made a baby with that. | 你和那货生了个孩子 |
[05:26] | Colors of the German flag? | 德国国旗的颜色是 |
[05:28] | Oh, uh, uh, I’m not positive, but I think it’s– | 噢 呃 呃 我不肯定 不过我觉得是 |
[05:32] | – Black, red, and gold! – Correct. | – 黑 红 和金色 -正确 |
[05:41] | Final question of the night. | 今晚的最后一条答案 |
[05:44] | Name the 1990s pop duo who lip-synched their way | 说出1990年时 在登上歌曲榜冠军的路上 |
[05:47] | to the top of the charts. | 都是对嘴型的流行二重唱 |
[05:49] | Ding! Vanilla Ice! | 叮 Vanilla Ice |
[05:50] | – No! – How is that a duo? | – 不 – 那怎么会是二重唱 |
[05:54] | Milli Vanilli Milli Vanilli. | |
[05:55] | – Correct! – Oh! | -正确 -噢 |
[05:57] | Ugh, that’s what I was thinking. | 呃 我就是那么想的 |
[06:00] | And the winning team: | 胜利的队伍是 |
[06:02] | “No Quizness Like Show Quizness.” | “没猜谜者能像表演猜谜者一样” |
[06:05] | This was so fun. | 这实在是太好玩了 |
[06:07] | – We did so well. – I know. | – 我们干得太棒了 -我知道 |
[06:10] | Oh, hey, let’s go buy the winning team a drink. | 噢 嘿 我们去请胜利的队伍喝一杯 |
[06:12] | – Oh, good idea. – Right? Yeah. | – 噢 好主意 -是吧 来 |
[06:15] | Their enthusiasm is sickening. | 他们的热情真是让人恶心 |
[06:18] | I never should have married a camp counselor. | 我真不应该嫁给一个校园诉讼律师 |
[06:23] | Gary, are you sure you can’t join our team? | Gary 你确认你不能参加我们队吗 |
[06:25] | I can’t do it, man. | 我不能呢 哥们 |
[06:26] | Marny’s boss has been making her stay late recently. | Marny的老板最近留她到很晚 |
[06:29] | She’s working hard. | 她工作得好辛苦 |
[06:31] | – Yeah, I’m really proud of her. – Mom! | – 没错 我真的很以她为荣 -妈妈 |
[06:33] | Yes, son, that’s who we’re talking about, your mom. | 没错 儿子 那就是我们正在谈论的人 你们的妈妈 |
[06:36] | Now stay out of adult conversations. | 现在大人说话小孩儿别插嘴 |
[06:38] | No, Mom’s right there. | 不 妈妈在那儿 |
[06:42] | What is she doing here? | 她在这干嘛 |
[06:44] | She told me she was working. | 她告诉我她在工作啊 |
[06:46] | She is working. | 她是在工作啊 |
[06:48] | Working on those calves. | 辛勤地在减小腿肚 |
[06:52] | I’m just trying to lighten the mood. | 我只是想活跃一下气氛 |
[06:58] | I can’t believe Marny lied to me about working late, | 我不敢相信Marny居然对我撒谎说她要工作得很晚 |
[07:00] | then went to the gym. | 然后跑去健身房 |
[07:01] | Doesn’t sound like Marny. | 听起来这可不像Marny |
[07:03] | I wonder where she’d get an idea like that. | 我在想她是从哪儿弄来这么个主意 |
[07:08] | Women’s magazines, obviously. | 女性杂志喽 很明显 |
[07:13] | Hey, baby. How was, uh, work? | 嘿 宝贝 工作 怎么样 |
[07:16] | – Oh, brutal. – Oh? | – 噢 太残忍了 -哦 |
[07:20] | Oh, I can see that they’re working you hard. | 噢 我能看出来他们真是努力的让你工作啊 |
[07:23] | So hard that you have sweat on your brow. | 努力到你的前额都有汗了 |
[07:26] | Oh. | 噢 |
[07:28] | Well, you know, they were really cranking the heat at work. | 嗯 你知道 他们真的把工作那地方的温度调得很高 |
[07:31] | Hmm, I bet. | 嗯 肯定啦 |
[07:32] | And I wanted to get home, baby. | 而且我真的想回家啊 宝贝儿 |
[07:34] | But, you know, it’s 6:00 here, | 不过 这儿是下午6点 |
[07:37] | and they’re just waking up in Tokyo. | 东京的人才刚起床 |
[07:38] | – Mm-hmm. – Then Kashegawa calls | – 嗯哼 -然后Kashegawa打电话过来 |
[07:40] | and start asking for materials and, you know– | 然后开始问原料啊 |
[07:44] | He knows. | 他知道啦 |
[07:47] | And then I stopped by the gym to get a run in. | 然后我就顺便去了下健身房 在室内跑跑步 |
[07:52] | Okay, so we’re gonna go. | 好了 我们走了 |
[07:53] | Yeah, okay. | 嗯 好的 |
[07:55] | So… | 那么 |
[07:57] | Let me get this straight. | 我来搞清楚一下 |
[07:59] | Instead of coming home… | 你没有回家 |
[08:01] | You went to the gym. | 反倒跑去健身房了 |
[08:03] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[08:05] | Yes, I did. | 没错我是这样 |
[08:07] | – Huh. – But I did it because… | – 哼 -不过我这么做是因为 |
[08:08] | You know, because, uh… | 你懂得 因为 呃 |
[08:11] | Because I want to look good for my husband. | 因为我想为了我的老公 看起来好看点 |
[08:20] | So why didn’t you, uh, | 那么 你为什么没有 呃 |
[08:23] | tell… | 告诉 |
[08:25] | your husband? | 你的老公 |
[08:29] | – Because… – Hmm. | – 因为 -呃 |
[08:30] | I knew that… | 我知道 |
[08:33] | You’d want to go with me. | 你会想和我一起去 |
[08:35] | And I know how much you hate the gym. | 而且我也知道你有多恨健身房 |
[08:37] | And I don’t want to put that kind of pressure on you. | 而且我不想对你施加那种压力 |
[08:40] | Because you… | 因为你 |
[08:42] | are a beautiful man. | 是个美男子 |
[08:46] | What are you talking about? | 你在说啥 |
[08:49] | I love the gym. | 我爱健身房 |
[08:50] | In fact, why don’t we get a sitter? | 事实上 为什么我们不请个保姆 |
[08:53] | And we can go together. | 这样我们就能一块儿去了 |
[08:55] | – Together? – Mm-hmm. | – 一块儿 -嗯哼 |
[08:56] | But–but you would do your thing, | 不过 到时你锻炼你的 |
[08:58] | and I would do my thing. | 而我锻炼我的 |
[08:59] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[09:00] | Well, great. | 那 好吧 |
[09:02] | Why wouldn’t that work? | 有什么不行的 |
[09:04] | Rising up | *雄起吧* |
[09:05] | back on my feet | *一步一个脚印* |
[09:08] | jogging here next to Marny | *和Marny一起前进* |
[09:14] | Did you tell Chris and Emily they’re off the trivia team? | 你跟Chris和Emily说他们从冷知识队中被踢出去了吗 |
[09:18] | No, but I did learn that Chris thinks true love | 没有 不过我才知道Chris一直以为真爱 |
[09:21] | is one of the seven wonders of the world. | 是世界七大奇迹之一 |
[09:25] | We’re never going to win with them on the team, | 如果他们在队里的话 我们永远都不会赢 |
[09:27] | so sack up and cut ’em loose. | 解雇然后摆脱掉他们啊 |
[09:30] | I guess I could tell them that I’m working late, | 我猜我可以告诉他们我得工作得很晚 |
[09:32] | and we can’t do trivia this week. | 所以这周不能去冷知识那里了 |
[09:33] | I don’t care how the sausage is made. | 我才不关心事情是怎么做出来的呢 |
[09:37] | Just get it done. | 把事情干好就成 |
[09:43] | And you said this would be awkward. | 你说这会很尴尬 |
[09:45] | See? We can hold hands. | 看到了吗 我们能手牵着手 |
[09:49] | Gary, I’m feeling a little dehydrated. | Gary 我觉得有点脱水 |
[09:51] | Can you get me some of that cucumber water? | 你能给我拿点黄瓜汁来吗 |
[09:53] | – Oh, sure thing, baby. – Thank you. | – 噢 肯定可以啦 宝贝 -谢了 |
[09:55] | Getting cucumber water | *去拿黄瓜汁* |
[09:57] | it’s the thrill of the fight, hey | *战胜这恐惧* |
[09:59] | there’s a climbing wall over here | *不管有艰难险阻* |
[10:03] | Nick Nick. | |
[10:04] | – Hey, Marny. – You got me into this. | -嘿 Marny -你让我陷进来了 |
[10:06] | Now how do I get out? | 现在我该怎么脱离困境 |
[10:07] | Gary’s with me at the gym, | Gary跟我在健身室里 |
[10:09] | talking through all my alone time. | 在我的私人时间里一直跟我聊 |
[10:11] | He got on the back of my treadmill | 他在我的跑步机的末端跑 |
[10:14] | and acted like he was trying to catch me. | 假装他想要试图追到我啊 |
[10:17] | Okay, you can go one of two ways with this. | 好的 你可以选用以下这两种方法解决这个问题 |
[10:19] | You can divorce Gary. | 你可以跟Gary离婚 |
[10:20] | Nah. It would take too long to train somebody new. | 不 再训练一个新的家伙会耗费很长时间 |
[10:24] | Or– ah! | 或者 啊 |
[10:26] | Fake an injury. | 假装你受伤了 |
[10:28] | Don’t you think that’s going a little far? | 你不觉得那样有点过吗 |
[10:30] | No. Do it. | 不 就这么干 |
[10:36] | Hey, Marny. Marny. Marny. | 嘿Marny Marny Marny |
[10:38] | Marny Marny Marny. Marny! | |
[10:39] | – Marny! Marny! – Yes? | – Marny Marny -啥 |
[10:42] | We should come here three times a week. | 我们应该一周来这儿三次 |
[10:44] | – Three? – Mm-hmm. | -三次? -嗯 |
[10:46] | Oh. | 这样啊 |
[10:49] | Oh! | 哦 |
[10:50] | Oh! Oh! | 哦! 哦 |
[10:52] | Baby, what’s going on? Baby, you all right? | 宝贝儿 怎么了 宝贝儿 你没事儿吧 |
[10:54] | – My hamstring! Oh! – Oh! | -我的腿筋 哦 -哦 |
[10:56] | Ow, ow, I think I pulled it. | 嗷 嗷 我觉得我拉伤了 |
[10:58] | – Oh, my God. What–what can I do to help? | -哦 天啊 我要做点什么 |
[11:01] | Uh, I’m just gonna go to the women’s locker room | 啊 我去女更衣室 |
[11:03] | and ice it down. | 然后冰镇一下就可以了 |
[11:04] | – Oh, okay. – Quietly. | -哦 OK 安安静静地 |
[11:06] | – Mm-hmm. – For, like, half an hour. | -嗯 -半个小时左右就行 |
[11:07] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, baby, that’s a good idea. | 哦 没错 没错 亲爱的 好主意 |
[11:09] | Come here. I got you. I got you. Come on. | 来 我帮你 |
[11:11] | Oh! Gary, you’re not allowed in there. | 哦 Gary 你不能进那里面 |
[11:14] | The hell I’m not! Get out of my way! | 我才不管呢 赶快让道 |
[11:15] | My wife is hurt! | 我老婆受伤了 |
[11:17] | Oh, wow. | 哦 哇哦 |
[11:18] | This is way nicer than the guys’ locker room. | 这可比男更衣室好多了 |
[11:22] | Hey, come look at ours. | 嘿 让你看看我们的更衣室 |
[11:29] | All right baby, | 好的 亲爱的 |
[11:30] | time to change your ice pack. | 是时候换你的冰袋了 |
[11:32] | Oh, no, Gary, it’s okay. | 哦 不 Gary 没关系的 |
[11:34] | I think two hours of icing is good. | 我觉得两个小时的冰镇行了 |
[11:38] | And I really don’t need the walker. | 我真的不需要这个助走器 |
[11:40] | You know what? You’re right. | 嗯 你说的没错 |
[11:43] | I’m gonna get you one of those motorized old person scooters. | 我得给你找个帮老人行走的摩托车式的三轮轮椅 |
[11:47] | Honey, I feel really guilty | 亲爱的 让你在这上面花费这么长时间 |
[11:50] | taking all of your time like this. | 我真是愧疚万分 |
[11:52] | Baby, nothing is more important than your health. | 亲爱的 没有什么比你的健康更重要的了 |
[11:54] | All I need to do is go to physical therapy | 我需要的就是每周去两次物理治疗 |
[11:56] | twice a week at night. | 晚上的时候 |
[11:59] | By myself. | 自己去 |
[12:01] | – Okay. – I’ll be fine. | -没关系的 -我不会有事的 |
[12:03] | Don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[12:05] | All right? I got it under control. | 好吗 我都安排好了 |
[12:06] | You won’t even have to leave the house. | 你甚至都不需要离开家门 |
[12:08] | Ah. | 啊 |
[12:09] | Hey, come on in, Doc. | 嘿 快进来 大夫 |
[12:11] | Who is this? | 这是谁 |
[12:13] | This is Dr. Wallace Yee. | 这位是Wallace Yee大夫 |
[12:15] | I hired him to acupuncture you. | 我雇他过来给你弄针灸 |
[12:32] | This is all your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[12:43] | Oh, we are gonna crush trivia now that we no longer have | 好的 我们脖子上不再有那些信天翁了 |
[12:45] | those albatrosses around our neck. | 我们会完胜这次的冷知识游戏的 |
[12:47] | What poem is that from? | 这是来自哪首诗来着 |
[12:49] | Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. | 古舟子咏的韵 |
[12:50] | Oh, we are so ready. | 我们太进入状态了 |
[12:53] | Knowledge. | 知识 |
[12:56] | Hey, Quizzicals. | 嘿 Quizzicals |
[12:58] | You guys ready to lose again? | 你们准备好再输一次了吗 |
[12:59] | Ah. | 啊 |
[13:01] | We’re not gonna lose this time. | 这次我们可不会输 |
[13:02] | In fact, let’s make it more interesting. | 事实上 我们赌点更有意思的 |
[13:05] | How about the losing team can never show their face | 这样吧 输掉的一队永不 |
[13:07] | in this bar again? | 在这个酒吧中出现 |
[13:09] | bup bup bup bup bup–hey. | 叭叭叭叭叭叭叭叭 |
[13:12] | Um, maybe not that interesting. | 哼 也许没必要那么有趣 |
[13:14] | I come here all the time. | 我一直都来这里 |
[13:16] | If you think we’re gonna lose to these guys, | 如果你觉得我们会输给这两个家伙 |
[13:19] | why am I working with you? | 为什么我要和你合作 |
[13:22] | Okay. Yes. You’re right. Yes. | 好的 对 你说的没错 嗯 |
[13:24] | Okay, losing team can’t show their face in here anymore. | 好的 输掉的一队再也不能再这里出现 |
[13:27] | Deal. Prepare to go down like the Lusitania. | 成交 准备好像卢西塔尼亚号一样沉下去吧 |
[13:30] | That’s a– | 那是 |
[13:31] | – British ocean liner, yeah. | 大不列颠远洋班轮 没错 |
[13:33] | The sinking of which precipitated U.S. involvement in World War I. | 这次沉没促使了美国参与一战 |
[13:40] | – Hi.- Oh, hey. | -嗨 -哦 嘿 |
[13:43] | Glad you guys are here. Thanks for coming | 你们来这真好 |
[13:44] | to look after Marny while I use the bathroom. | 非常感谢你们在我上洗手间的时候来照看Marny |
[13:46] | – Oh. | -哦 |
[13:49] | I’m not really hurt. | 我没有真的受伤 |
[13:51] | This whole sneaking alone time thing | 整件独自偷偷摸摸的时间的事儿 |
[13:52] | has just gotten out of control. | 已经无法控制了 |
[13:54] | That’s what you get for listening to Nick. | 这就是你听Nick指使的后果 |
[13:56] | “Oh, don’t worry, Chris. | “哦 别担心 Chris |
[13:57] | Bears are more afraid of us than we are of them.” | 相比于我们害怕熊 熊会更害怕我们 |
[13:59] | They are not. | 它们才不会呢 |
[14:01] | I’m worried Gary might be on to me. | 我担心 Gary可能伺候我上瘾了 |
[14:04] | He’s being so nice. | 他对我太好了 |
[14:06] | I think he’s trying to guilt me into confessing. | 我觉得他想让我愧疚不堪 让我坦白 |
[14:08] | – Hmm.- All right. Okay, Marny. | 哼 -好的 好的 Marny |
[14:10] | I’m running your bath, | 我已经在给你放洗澡水了 |
[14:12] | and it’s almost time for your ibuprofen | 快到吃布洛芬的时间了 |
[14:14] | and chocolate milk. | 还有巧克力牛奶 |
[14:19] | Uh–oh. Hi, Sheila. | 哦 嗨 Sheila |
[14:21] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:22] | – Yeah.- Hey, Nick. | -喂 -嘿 Nick |
[14:25] | Okay. I’ll see you when you get home. | 好的 回家见 |
[14:27] | Love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[14:29] | Nick’s stuck at work. | Nick要继续工作 会晚些回来 |
[14:30] | Said he’s gonna be another 35 minutes. | 他说他还需要35分钟 |
[14:33] | Huh. That was Sheila, just calling to say | 哈 刚才是sheila 打电话过来说 |
[14:35] | she was gonna be late to pick up Ernie 35 minutes late. | 她会晚35分钟过来接Ernie |
[14:40] | Was there music playing in the background? | 电话里有音乐播放吗 |
[14:42] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[14:44] | Did it sound like they were at a bar? | 他们是不是听上去好像在酒吧里 |
[14:46] | Oh, come on! | 哦 行不行啊 |
[14:50] | They’re playing trivia without us! | 他们要把我们两个撇下去玩冷知识游戏 |
[14:52] | The team was my idea,and they got rid of us? | 组队是我的主意 但他们却我们撇下来 |
[14:56] | We’re like that guy who was originally in the Beatles | 我们就好像是那个起初在甲壳虫乐队 |
[14:58] | but got kicked out. | 但被踢出来的家伙 |
[14:59] | – You know who I’m talking about.- Yeah, uh– | -你知道我在说谁的 -嗯 啊 |
[15:01] | – Uh– – Uh, what was his name? | -啊 -啊 他叫什么名字来着 |
[15:03] | Uh, um, something with the word “fish” in it. | 啊 嗯 名字里面有个”fish”的词来着 |
[15:05] | – Yeah, um– – Pete Best. | -对 –Pete Best |
[15:09] | God, we’re bad at trivia. | 天啊 我们太不在行冷知识这个游戏了 |
[15:10] | You know what, though? That’s no excuse. | 你知道吗 这并不是借口 |
[15:11] | Nick still lied to both of us. | Nick还是对我们都撒谎了 |
[15:13] | Hey, never lie to your spouse. | 嘿 绝不向你的爱人撒谎 |
[15:15] | You always get caught. | 总会被抓到的 |
[15:17] | Isn’t that right, Marny? | 我说的对吧 Marny |
[15:24] | So you figured it out. | 这么说你早就看出来了 |
[15:27] | That is why you’ve been doting on me. | 所以你一直都溺爱着我 |
[15:30] | What are you talking about? Figured what out? | 你在说什么 看出什么来了 |
[15:32] | And what happened to your limp? | 你不是瘸着走吗 |
[15:38] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:39] | It’s still here. | 还瘸着呢 |
[15:43] | Now you’re limping with the other leg! | 现在你又瘸着另一条腿 |
[15:45] | Ma–Marny, what’s going on? | Marny这是怎么回事 |
[15:47] | Uh, w- -I, uh– | 啊 |
[15:53] | Now I’m all mixed up. | 现在我都乱套了 |
[15:57] | You’ve been faking this whole time? | 你一直都在假装吗 |
[15:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:02] | Please don’t take this personally. | 千万别认为这是冲着你来的 |
[16:05] | I just wanted a little time to myself. | 我就是想要点属于自己的时间 |
[16:07] | What? | 什么 |
[16:09] | I put handicap bars in the shower! | 我还在洗澡的地方装了残疾人扶手 |
[16:15] | Okay, I think we’re gonna–we’re gonna take off. | 好的 我觉得我们要走了 |
[16:17] | Yep. We gotta yell at our people too. | 没错 我们也得对着我们的人嚷了 |
[16:21] | Gary, I’m really sorry. | Gary 我真的非常抱歉 |
[16:25] | I know that I was wrong. | 我知道我错了 |
[16:28] | It’s just that I thought if I asked you for some alone time, | 只是我觉得如果向你要一些自己的时间的话 |
[16:31] | you would say no. | 你会不同意 |
[16:33] | You’re right. I would’ve said no. | 你说的对 我会不同意的 |
[16:35] | I work hard here, and I need you. | 我在这工作非常努力 而且我需要你 |
[16:39] | But mostly because the best part of my day | 但是主要的是 因为我一天最棒的部分 |
[16:42] | is when you come through that door. | 就是你走过那扇门的时候 |
[16:47] | Gary, it was never that I didn’t want to be with you, sweetheart. | Gary 绝对不是我不想和你在一起 亲爱的 |
[16:50] | I love being with you. | 我喜欢和你在一起 |
[16:53] | I just wanted a little alone time to clear my head. | 我只是想要一点单独的时间冷静一下 |
[16:56] | Baby, I want some alone time too. | 亲爱的 我也希望有点单独的时间 |
[16:59] | And we’ll both get it. | 而且当这两个家伙上大学的时候 |
[17:01] | When those two jokers are in college. | 我们就会有单独的时间了 |
[17:04] | September 3, 2029. | 2029年9月3日 |
[17:06] | I already have it circled on the calendar. | 我已经在日历上用红圈标出来了 |
[17:11] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[17:12] | Mm. | 哼 |
[17:14] | Oh, I don’t know why I let Nick | 哦 我不知道我为什么 |
[17:17] | get in my head like that. | 这么让Nick控制我的想法 |
[17:20] | Nick Nick? | |
[17:21] | Yeah. He’s the one that told me to lie. | 嗯 是他让我说谎的 |
[17:25] | Huh. He did, huh? | 是他做的 是吧 |
[17:29] | Yes, he did. | 嗯 是他 |
[17:30] | – Hmm. – It’s all his fault! | -哼 -都是他的错 |
[17:33] | – Mm-hmm. – Go get him. | -嗯 -去收拾他一下 |
[17:40] | What did I tell you? | 我是怎么跟你说的 |
[17:41] | There is no way the other team can catch us. | 绝对不可能有另一个团队能赶上我们的 |
[17:43] | One more correct answer and we win. | 再多一个正确的答案 我们就胜利了 |
[17:44] | This is the third largest mountain range | 这是欧洲第三大 |
[17:47] | in Europe. | 山脉 |
[17:48] | The Carpathians! | 喀尔巴阡山 |
[17:49] | – Incorrect. – Nick, I got this. | -不对 -Nick 我来说这个 |
[17:52] | For the victory, it is– | 为了庆祝胜利 是 |
[17:55] | – Spice Girls. – No! | -辣妹组合 -不 |
[17:56] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[17:57] | Incorrect. Next question. | 错误 下一题 |
[17:59] | What element– | 什么因素 |
[18:01] | – Spice Girls! – No! | -辣妹组合 -不 |
[18:03] | – Incorrect. Next question— I’m sorry–hey! | -错误 下一题 -不好意思 嘿 |
[18:05] | Can we just have a second here, please? | 请问能给我们一点时间吗 |
[18:07] | Guys, I’m s– | 伙计们 我非常 |
[18:14] | I see you guys are all here, | 你们都在这儿了 |
[18:15] | and I understand that you’re all mad at me. | 而且我明白你们都对我非常生气 |
[18:17] | Okay, fine, but you have to know, | 好的 没关系 但是你们必须知道 |
[18:19] | if we don’t get this next question right, | 如果我们不把下一个问题回答正确 |
[18:21] | we will lose, and I will not be able to come here ever again. | 我们就会输掉比赛 而且我再也不能来这里了 |
[18:23] | Okay? | 好的 |
[18:24] | Okay, which rebellion was defeated | 好的 哪次反叛是在塞奇高沼中 |
[18:28] | at the Battle of Sedgemoor in 1685? | 于1685年被打败的 |
[18:32] | I don’t know this one. | 我不知道这个 |
[18:34] | I don’t know this either. | 我也不知道这个 |
[18:36] | Neither does anyone else. | 其他人也不知道 |
[18:38] | – I think we’re still good.- Okay. | -我想我们没事儿 -好的 |
[18:39] | – I know the answer.- Oh! | -我知道答案 -哦 |
[18:40] | – History major.- Oh! | -历史专业 -哦 |
[18:42] | – Quick, what is it? – Okay! | -快点说 是哪个 -好的 |
[18:43] | – Quick, please, tell us!- Yeah. | -快点 求求你了 告诉我们-好的 |
[18:48] | Hey. Hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[18:50] | Hey, Gary! Hey, where are you going, man? | 嘿 Gary 你去哪 哥们儿 |
[18:52] | Oh, to these nice people and give them the answer. | 哦 来好人这边 告诉他们答案 |
[18:54] | Hey, Gary, what–Oh, my God. | 嘿 Gary 天啊 |
[18:56] | If I lose,I can never come back here. | 如果我输了 我永远不能来这里了 |
[18:58] | You should’ve never encouraged my wife to lie to me. | 你绝不应该鼓动我们妻子对我撒谎 |
[19:00] | Gary, Gary,this is very serious. | Gary Gary 这个非常重要 |
[19:03] | All right? Chris, Emily, please? | 好的 Chris Emily 求求你们了 |
[19:05] | I’m sorry, honey. | 对不起 亲爱的 |
[19:06] | I warned you not to be so competitive. | 我警告过你别这么求胜心切 |
[19:08] | Yeah, and you kicked me out of my own group | 没错 而且你把我从我自己创建的队伍里踢了出来 |
[19:10] | like Pete fish. | 就像Pete Fish一样 |
[19:15] | Gary, I am begging you right now. | Gary 我现在恳求你 |
[19:18] | Okay? I love this place.Please. | 好的 我喜欢这个地方 求求你了 |
[19:20] | I don’t know why I do the things I do, okay? | 我不知道我为什么做了这些事儿 |
[19:22] | I’m a flawed person. I’m working on it. | 我是一个缺陷繁多的人 我会反省的 |
[19:25] | But I admit it, okay? | 但是我承认 好嘛 |
[19:26] | Today I lied to my best friend. | 今天 我对我最好的朋友撒谎 |
[19:28] | I lied to my wife. Guys, I’m so, so sorry. | 我对我的妻子撒谎 伙计们 我真的非常抱歉 |
[19:30] | I think there’s probably something wrong with me. | 我想我自己可能有哪些地方不对劲 |
[19:32] | And it’s worth looking into. | 而且值得深入思考一下 |
[19:33] | I will search for it on WebMD when I get home. | 我回家的时候会在网络医生上面搜索一下 |
[19:36] | But right now… | 但是此时此刻 |
[19:39] | Gary, please, can you find it in your heart | Gary 求求你了 你能在内心深处 |
[19:41] | to forgive me? | 原谅我吗 |
[19:43] | I’ll forgive you. | 我会原谅你的 |
[19:45] | After I get even with you. | 但是我要先跟你打成平手 |
[19:49] | The Monmouth Rebellion. | 蒙茅斯叛乱 |
[19:51] | We have a winner. | 大赢家出现了 |
[19:52] | Second place, | 第二名 |
[19:55] | “Let’s Get Quizzical,” you get a Cagney’s shot glass. | “大家一起冷知识”你们获得了一个Cagney的烈酒杯 |
[20:00] | And he’s banned for life. | 他以后都不能来这个酒吧 |
[20:01] | And you are banned from this bar for life. | 而且你们以后都不能来这个酒吧 |
[20:06] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:07] | Okay. All right, then. | 好吧 行 |
[20:08] | I guess–I guess I’m leaving. All right. | 我猜 我猜我要走了 好的 |
[20:11] | But you guys are gonna miss me. | 但是你们这群伙计会想我的 |
[20:14] | You’re gonna say, “hey,” | 你会说”嘿” |
[20:15] | “hey, what happened to that guy Nick Thayer, huh? | “嘿 那个叫Nick Thayer的人哪去了” |
[20:17] | “Where’s that guy that used to–that used to order one beer | “那个过去常常在酒吧里要一瓶啤酒 |
[20:20] | at the bar and then hang out with his kid for three hours?” | 然后和他的孩子在这待3个小时的人去哪了” |
[20:23] | Oh, right, honey,that is quite a legacy. | 哦 没错 亲爱的 真是一份遗言啊 |
[20:25] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[20:29] | Well, I don’t mind being banned. | 好的 我倒不是介意受到禁止 |
[20:32] | I’m tired of having to throw away all my clothes | 我离开这里之后 我会非常劳累的 |
[20:34] | after I leave this place anyway. | 我得扔掉所有的衣服 |
[20:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:41] | Oh, hey, baby. | 哦 嘿 亲爱的 |
[20:43] | Boys, your mom’s home! | 小伙子们 妈妈回来了 |
[20:45] | Mom, Mom! | 妈 妈 |
[20:46] | Clark didn’t change his underpants today! | Clark今天没有换他的内裤 |
[20:51] | I wanted to tell her that. | 我想告诉她那个的 |
[20:56] | Baby, how was your day? | 亲爱的 今天过得怎么样 |
[20:58] | – Yeah! – Oh, long. | -嗯 -真是漫长啊 |
[21:00] | Oh? What’d you have for lunch? | 哦 午饭吃的什么 |
[21:02] | Turkey sandwich. | 火鸡肉三明治 |
[21:05] | With a side of potato chips. | 旁边还有薯条 |
[21:08] | And a pickle spear. | 还有点酸黄瓜 |
[21:09] | Oh, see? | 哦 看吧 |
[21:11] | Baby, that’s all I want. | 亲爱的 我就是想知道这些 |
[21:13] | Oh, I took some pictures of it to show you. | 哦 我还找了点来给你看 |
[21:16] | Wow, marble rye. | 哇 大理石黑麦 |
[21:18] | You gone crazy. | 你真是疯了 |
[21:21] | You see…? Mama went crazy. | 你们看到了吗 妈妈疯了 |