时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | So, everyone, we have big news. | 各位 我们有大事宣布 |
[00:07] | – You’re– – I’m not pregnant. | – 你 – 我没怀孕 |
[00:08] | Don’t say I look pregnant. | 别说我看上去像怀孕了 |
[00:10] | Just maybe take a test. | 还是验一下的好 |
[00:13] | Nick is directing a Super Bowl insurance commercial | Nick正在制作一段在超级碗期间放的保险广告 |
[00:16] | with a wisecracking badger. | 主角是一只爱说俏皮话的獾 |
[00:18] | “Gloria, we crashed the car again.” | “Gloria 我们又撞车了” |
[00:23] | Well, Marny has some great news too. | 嗯 Marny也有些好消息 |
[00:25] | I got a promotion… | 我升职了 |
[00:27] | Ooh. | 噢 |
[00:28] | And not the kind that would’ve happened anyway, | 这可不是那种随便就有的升职 |
[00:30] | the kind you get for brown-nosing… | 是那种是靠拍马屁得到的 |
[00:35] | But you can’t just kiss around the edge. | 但你也不能心存侥幸心理 |
[00:37] | You really got to work your way in there. | 工作时确实得脚踏实地 努力向上 |
[00:40] | Play the game, people. | 得跟着游戏规则玩 同志们 |
[00:43] | All right, my turn. | 好吧 到我了 |
[00:44] | Last week I was at the dentist, | 上个月我去看牙医 |
[00:45] | and I had that paper bib on– | 我穿上了那种纸围兜 |
[00:46] | you know, the one with the metal chain. | 就是那种有金属链的 |
[00:48] | Food was everywhere. | 食物到处都是 |
[00:49] | I mean, there was blood. There was spit. | 有血啦,有口水啦 |
[00:51] | There was more blood. | 还有更多的血 |
[00:52] | You got to floss, man. | 你得用牙线了 亲 |
[00:53] | Keep your nose out of my mouth, all right? | 别多管闲事 行吗 |
[00:56] | And when they took the plastic bib off, | 可当他们脱下塑料围兜的时候 |
[00:58] | I was spotless. | 我完全没脏 |
[00:59] | And that’s when it hit me. | 我那时突然间开窍了 |
[01:01] | I need one of these for when I’m with my boys, | 我跟我的孩子们玩儿的时候也需要这个 |
[01:03] | when they’re throwing food and have filthy hands. | 来抵挡他们扔来的食物和他们的脏手 |
[01:06] | A protective napkin that I can wear | 这就相当于可以穿在衣服外面的纸巾 |
[01:08] | over my clothes, like a poncho. | 像斗篷雨衣那样 |
[01:11] | I’m gonna call it “The over-cho.” | 我要把它成为防护型雨衣 |
[01:13] | You should call it “The wrapkin.” | 你应该称之为防污袍 |
[01:15] | No, no, no, no, no. That’s what I said– | 噢 等等等等 我刚不就这么说的吗 |
[01:17] | “The wrapkin.” | 防污袍 |
[01:19] | Well, Gary, whatever it’s called, | 好吧 不管它叫什么 |
[01:21] | it’s a great idea, honey. | 这都是个很棒的想法 亲爱的 |
[01:23] | – All right. – | 好吧 |
[01:24] | So, Chris, let’s keep the ball rolling. | 那么 Chris 让游戏继续玩儿起来吧 |
[01:26] | – What have you been up to? – Oh, okay. | – 你最近在忙什么 – 噢 好的 |
[01:28] | Okay, big things– | 嗯 一些大事儿 |
[01:32] | Um, on the social front, | 嗯 就社会层面来说 |
[01:34] | I marathoned through some Golden Girls episodes. | 我煲了好多集<黄金女郎> |
[01:36] | It was pretty good. | 那可是相当的好看 |
[01:37] | Uh… Ooh! | 呃 噢 |
[01:39] | Finally pulled the trigger on an iced-tea maker. | 最终还是买了个做冰茶的机器 |
[01:42] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[01:43] | Had immediate buyer’s remorse, returned it. | 然后立马就后悔了 又把它给退还回去了 |
[01:47] | Boo! | 哇 |
[01:50] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:51] | Chris, if that’s the big stuff, | Chris 如果这都算是大事的话 |
[01:52] | you need to make a change, my friend. | 那你得改变下才行了 我的朋友 |
[01:54] | You are a single guy. | 你可是个单身汉啊 |
[01:54] | You should be out there tearing it up. | 你应该在外面放纵自己才对 |
[01:56] | Get a hobby, okay? Do something | 找个爱好 可以吗 做些事儿 |
[01:58] | so that your sucky life doesn’t suck the fun | 这样你那糟透了的生活才不会影响 |
[02:00] | out of dinner parties, ’cause it sucks. | 我们的晚宴 你的生活实在太糟了 |
[02:03] | My life doesn’t suck. | 我的生活才不糟 |
[02:05] | It’s not great. | 只是不那么好罢了 |
[02:35] | – Okay, we’ll be home by 10:30. | – 我们会在十点半前回到家 |
[02:37] | There’s ice cream in the freezer. | 冰箱里有雪糕 |
[02:39] | Stacee, what are we doing tonight? | Stacee 我们今晚打算干嘛 |
[02:40] | I thought we would make friendship bracelets. | 我想我们可以制作友谊的手镯 |
[02:43] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天哪 |
[02:45] | You don’t ever have to come home. | 你们其实可以永远都不回来的了 |
[02:49] | – Hey, guys. – Hey. | – 嘿 伙计们 – 嘿 |
[02:51] | Hey, Chris. Hey, Ernie. | 嘿 Chris 嘿 Ernie |
[02:53] | Hey, Stacee. | 嘿 Stacee |
[02:55] | Uh, so, Nick, um, I took your advice to heart, okay? | 呃 Nick 嗯 我认真听取了你的建议 |
[02:59] | My life does kind of suck, and I’m changing things up, okay? | 我的生活确实有点糟 我正着手改变 |
[03:02] | I saw a flyer at Cagney’s, | 我在Cagney看到了一张传单 |
[03:03] | and I am gonna learn to do something | 所以我打算学着去做一些 |
[03:04] | that I’ve always wanted to do. | 我一直想做的事情 |
[03:06] | Perfect. Okay, whatever it is, | 太好了 不管它是什么 |
[03:08] | I support you 100%. | 我都百分百支持你 |
[03:09] | I am gonna learn to become a DJ. | 我打算去学做一个DJ |
[03:13] | That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in my life. | 这是我一生之中听过的最傻的事情 |
[03:15] | You said you were gonna support me 100%. | 你说你会百分百支持我的 |
[03:18] | Yes, okay, I’m sorry. You’re right. | 好吧 抱歉 你说得对 |
[03:20] | God. | 上帝啊 |
[03:21] | Hit me again. | 再说一次 |
[03:23] | I want to become a DJ. | 我想当个DJ |
[03:24] | That’s so stupid. Sorry. | 这也太蠢了吧 对不起 |
[03:28] | One more time. Here we go. | 再说一次 开始吧 |
[03:30] | I’ll do it right. | 我会做好的 |
[03:31] | I want to become a DJ. | 我当DJ |
[03:34] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[03:36] | Only problem is, uh, the first class is tonight. | 唯一的问题是 今晚要上第一节课 |
[03:39] | Oh, you can leave Ernie with me. | 噢 你可以把Ernie留给我带 |
[03:41] | I don’t mind. The more, the merrier. | 我不介意的 越多越开心 |
[03:43] | Great. It’s fine by me. | 太好了 我没意见 |
[03:44] | Have you thought of a name yet? | 你想好起什么名字没 |
[03:46] | DJ Christoph DJ Christoph. | |
[03:51] | Yes. | 真好 |
[03:52] | Oh… | 噢 |
[03:53] | That one really took it out of me. | 这真让我筋疲力尽了 |
[03:59] | Gary Gary? | |
[04:00] | Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? | 你准备好迎接一次平生罕见的机遇了吗 |
[04:05] | Babe, I’m tired. | 宝贝儿 我累啦 |
[04:07] | I don’t know if I’m up for it tonight… | 我不知道我今晚能不能那个 |
[04:10] | Maybe quickly in the shower. | 在洗澡的时候迅速来一个估计是可以的 |
[04:15] | For years, | 那么多年来 |
[04:16] | people have walked through that door for work | 人们日出而作 |
[04:19] | or a nice night out on the town, | 日落而息 |
[04:21] | but they wanted to give their kids | 可他们还是想在睡前 |
[04:23] | one last hug good-bye. | 给他们的孩子一个吻别 |
[04:27] | But they wanted to give their kids | 可他们还是想要 |
[04:29] | one last hug good-bye! | 给他们的孩子一个吻别 |
[04:32] | We were playing with peanut butter. | 我们正玩花生酱呢 |
[04:34] | But we want to hug you. | 但我们想给你一个拥抱 |
[04:35] | Oh, that’s okay. I’m wearing the wrapkin. | 噢 可以呀 我穿了防污袍 |
[04:38] | Uh-huh, look at it. | 嗯哼 看 |
[04:39] | I can receive the affection of my children | 即使这么亲切地接受了孩子们的爱父之情 |
[04:42] | without going to the cleaners. | 也不需要洗衣服 |
[04:46] | Thank you, wrapkin. | 感谢你 防污袍 |
[04:48] | Yay! | 好棒 |
[04:50] | But wait. There’s more. | 稍等 还有更好的 |
[04:52] | What if I told you you could get in | 如果我告诉你 你可以 |
[04:54] | on the ground floor of an amazing business opportunity? | 在这项事业发展之初就占尽先机呢 |
[04:57] | I’m in! | 我加入 |
[04:59] | All for an initial investment of $10,000. | 初期投资总共只要一万美金 |
[05:03] | I’m out. | 我退出 |
[05:10] | What do you mean you’re out? | 你退出是什么意思 |
[05:11] | I thought you liked my wrapkin idea. | 我以为你喜欢我这个防污袍的想法 |
[05:13] | That was before it was $10,000. | 那是知道它要一万美金之前的事了 |
[05:18] | Boys, can you give me and mommy a second? | 娃儿们 给点时间我和你妈谈谈 |
[05:20] | One. There’s a second. | 一 一秒过去了 |
[05:23] | Son, you’re not reading the situation correctly. | 儿子啊 你没正确地意识到事态的严峻性 |
[05:27] | Go. | 快走 |
[05:31] | Honey, listen… | 亲爱的 听着 |
[05:34] | I love being a stay-at-home dad. | 我喜欢当家庭煮男型父亲 |
[05:36] | But lately I’m beginning | 但最近 我开始去想 |
[05:38] | to think that I need more in my life | 我的生活 真正需要的是什么 |
[05:39] | than cleaning poop out of a heating grate. | 而不只是把便便从加热炉里清理出来 |
[05:43] | Why would you need– | 为什么你要从 |
[05:44] | There are things that go on around here | 这里一直都发生着很多 |
[05:46] | that you don’t need to know about. | 你不需要知道的事情 |
[05:49] | But I know this wrapkin is a great idea. | 但我知道防污袍是个很棒的想法 |
[05:52] | But like any new venture, there’s start-up costs. | 但就像任何的新事业一样 这需要初始投资 |
[05:55] | I just think it’s too much money to gamble. | 我只是觉得这是一场豪赌 |
[05:58] | Baby, it’s not a gamble. | 亲爱的 这不是一场赌博 |
[06:00] | It’s an investment. | 这是一项投资 |
[06:02] | So then find some other investor | 那么 去找其他的投资者啊 |
[06:04] | so we don’t have to take all the risk. | 这样我们就不用承担所有风险了 |
[06:06] | Okay, we can do that too. | 好吧 我们也可以这么做 |
[06:07] | But you do realize that we won’t get all the money, | 但你意识到没有 这样我们就不能获取所有利润了啊 |
[06:11] | which goes against the first rule | 这就违反了我最喜欢的商业书籍 |
[06:12] | of my favorite business book: Get all the money! | 的第一条守则 获得所有利润 |
[06:19] | Stacee Stacee! | |
[06:21] | DJ Christoph DJ Christoph! | |
[06:25] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:27] | I thought you said 10:30. | 我记得你说的是十点半 |
[06:28] | No, no. We can go wait outside | 没事儿 没事儿 我们可以在外面等会儿 |
[06:30] | till you guys are done if you want. | 直到你俩完事为止 如果你们想的话 |
[06:31] | Uh, uh, how were the kids? | 呃 呃 孩子们怎样 |
[06:34] | – They were perfect. – Oh, good. | – 他们很好 – 哦 真好 |
[06:36] | And, um, uh, how were the kids? | 那孩子们怎样呢 |
[06:39] | Good. | 他们很好 |
[06:41] | You gave me your library card. | 你把你的图书馆证给我了 |
[06:44] | Keep it. | 那就拿着 |
[06:47] | Okay, well, I guess I should go. | 嗯 好吧 我想我该走了 |
[06:51] | So text me if you’re free or whatever. | 你有空的时候记得发短信给我什么的 |
[06:56] | Cool. | 很好 |
[06:59] | Very cool. | 非常好 |
[07:03] | Up high. | 击掌 |
[07:05] | No! No up high! | 不许 不许击掌 |
[07:06] | Ow. | 噢 |
[07:08] | Are you crazy? What were you thinking? | 你疯了吗 你脑子里究竟在想什么 |
[07:10] | I came to pick up Ernie, | 我来接Ernie |
[07:12] | and–and Stacee asked me how my DJ class went. | 然后Stacee问我DJ课上得怎样 |
[07:14] | And then, you know, we started talking beats, | 然后 我们就开始讨论节奏 |
[07:16] | you know? | 你知道吗 |
[07:17] | And she–actually, it was really cute. | 她真的 然后事情就变得有爱了 |
[07:19] | She confessed to having a crush on me. | 她坦白说对我有好感 |
[07:22] | Dude, you have not only taken my advice, | 亲 你不仅仅听取了我的建议 |
[07:24] | you have tricked it out with spoilers | 你还为自己的人生 |
[07:26] | and hydraulics and such. | 添砖加瓦呢 |
[07:29] | Stop it! | 停 |
[07:30] | She is in college. She’s on a meal plan. | 她还在读大学啊 她还是在学校饭堂吃饭的人 |
[07:33] | She calls Taylor Swift a woman. | 她甚至把Taylor Swift称为女人 |
[07:39] | Listen, Emily… | 听着 Emily |
[07:41] | Nick told me to change it up, | Nick让我去改变 |
[07:43] | and I am changing things up. | 而我正在改变 |
[07:45] | And I got to tell ya, I feel… | 而且我得告诉你 我感到 |
[07:47] | Gah-gah-gah-gah-g-g-g-gah-gah– | 超那个级 无那个比 格那个外 特那个别的 |
[07:51] | Great. | 棒 |
[07:57] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[07:59] | – Everyone, this is Stacee. – Hi. | – 各位 这是Stacee – 你好 |
[08:01] | Is that Stacee with a double “E” | 是有两个E的Stacee吗 |
[08:03] | or a hearted “I”? | 还是善良的‘I’ |
[08:06] | Double “E.” | 两个E |
[08:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[08:10] | Stacee, come play with me. | Stacee 过来和我玩儿 |
[08:12] | – Okay. – Excuse me. | – 好的 – 不好意思 |
[08:14] | I’m not saying this to be rude, | 我不想因为这么问而显得粗鄙 |
[08:15] | but, uh, you’re not gonna charge us for that, right? | 可是 你不会为此收我们钱的 对吧 |
[08:18] | – You’re funny. – Okay. | – 你真搞笑 – 好吧 |
[08:22] | Was that a no? | 不收钱的意思吗 |
[08:25] | Chris, you seem so happy. | Chris 你看起来真开心 |
[08:27] | You’re glowing. | 你熠熠生辉 |
[08:28] | I know, right? | 我就知道 |
[08:30] | It’s like I’m pregnant. | 就像我有喜了一样 |
[08:34] | Yeah, thanks to Nick, | 多亏了Nick |
[08:35] | I have a new perspective on my life. | 我对我的生活有了全新的视角 |
[08:37] | Nick Nick Nick Nick Nick. Nick. Nick. Nick. | |
[08:43] | It felt like a natural place for a “Nick” Chant. | 我以为这是要齐声高喊Nick的名字的节奏呢 |
[08:46] | Hey, Chris, uh, is it cool | 嘿 Chris 给Stacee来点这个 |
[08:47] | if Stacee gets some of this? | 可以不 |
[08:49] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 可以 可以 |
[08:50] | I-I think. | 可以吧 |
[08:53] | Yeah, just–yeah. | 耶 |
[08:56] | Uh, Gary, what’s going on with the wrapkin? | 呃 Gary 防污袍事业进展如何 |
[08:59] | Well, things couldn’t be going better. | 嗯 进展好得不能再好了 |
[09:01] | Like you, I’m doing some exciting new things. | 就像你一样,我也在着手一些刺激的新事物 |
[09:03] | – Yeah! – Yeah! | – 就得这样 – 就得这样 |
[09:06] | In fact, that’s why I invited | 事实上 这就是我今天 |
[09:08] | all of you down here today. | 把你们大家都请来的原因 |
[09:09] | This wrapkin thing is gonna take off, | 防污袍 是一定会大卖的 |
[09:11] | and I want each and every one of you there with me. | 我想你们每个人都支持我 |
[09:14] | So I’m looking for some savvy investors | 因此我在寻找一些有真知灼见 又肯 |
[09:17] | that are interested in getting in on the ground level. | 从这项事业发展之初就投入的投资者 |
[09:20] | Sheila Sheila? | |
[09:23] | Emily Emily? | |
[09:26] | Nick Nick? | |
[09:33] | You know what? I will invest. | 我会投资的 |
[09:35] | My man! | 这才是我的朋友 |
[09:36] | But not with money. | 但不是在金钱层面上 |
[09:38] | Something much more valuable– advice. | 而是提供更有价值的东西 建议 |
[09:41] | Uhhuh. | 嗯哼 |
[09:43] | Let passion guide you. | 让热情指引你 |
[09:46] | We are all the heroes of our journeys. | 我们都是自己人生旅途上的英雄 |
[09:48] | Aw, was that written on the dry erase board | 噢 这是写在Stacee宿舍门前的 |
[09:51] | on Stacee’s dorm-room door? | 黑板上的句子吗 |
[09:54] | Stacee lives off-campus with three girlfriends. | Stacee是跟她三个女朋友在校外合住的 好吗 |
[09:57] | And it was written on a dry erase board | 而且这句话是写在厨房里的黑板上的 |
[09:58] | in the kitchen, and Tanya wrote it, so… | 是Tanya写的 所以 |
[10:01] | And then Kimmy put a little heart next to it? | 然后Kimmy在旁边画了个小心形 对吗 |
[10:03] | Oh, my God. I’m right. | 噢 天呐 我居然说对了 |
[10:07] | Chris, come show the kids | Chris 来表演给孩子们看 |
[10:09] | how you can walk on your hands. | 你是怎么用手走路的 |
[10:10] | Oh, okay. | 噢 好啊 |
[10:19] | It’s so good to see Chris walking on his hands again. | 能看见Chris再次用手走路实在是太好了 |
[10:24] | You know, maybe these changes | 可能这些改变 |
[10:25] | for Chris are for the better. | 对Chris来说真的更好 |
[10:26] | No. No good can come of this. Chris needs structure. | 不 这么干不会带来任何好处 Chris需要规划 |
[10:30] | He is not free-spirit material. | 他不是放任自我的料 |
[10:32] | You’re going to break him. | 你这是要搞垮他 |
[10:34] | I think you’re just upset | 我想你沮丧 |
[10:35] | because he took my advice, and it’s working. | 是因为他听从我的劝告 而且效果拔群 |
[10:37] | And also, Stacee totally burned you | 而且 Stacee的名字有两个e |
[10:39] | with the double “E” Thing. | 让你的小算盘打不响了 |
[10:46] | What’s the first rule of the park? | 公园行为守则第一条是什么 |
[10:48] | Leave all our energy here. | 把能量都发泄在这 |
[10:51] | Leave it. | 去吧 |
[10:53] | Have fun. Look what arrived! | 玩开心点 看什么到了 |
[10:55] | Oh, my wrapkins came! | 噢 我的防污袍来喇 |
[10:58] | 12 boxes of them. | 整整12盒呢 |
[10:59] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[11:01] | I didn’t know you’d found an investor. | 我还不知道你找到投资者了呢 |
[11:03] | – Yep. – Who? | – 是啊 -谁 |
[11:05] | Us. | 咱 |
[11:07] | You used $10,000 of our money | 你没和我商量就花掉了 |
[11:11] | without asking me? | 我们十万块 |
[11:12] | Marny, Marny, Marny. Shh, shh! | Marny Marny Marny 嘘 嘘 |
[11:14] | Just keep it down a little bit, okay, baby? | 你就小声点好吗宝贝 |
[11:16] | There are five moms from school here | 这可有五个学校里我们认识的同学妈妈 |
[11:17] | just looking for gossip ever since Liz Clark got sober. | 她们自从Liz Clark戒酒之后就一直在找八卦呢 |
[11:20] | You I-I– | 你 我 我 |
[11:22] | Hey, Helen. | 嘿 Helen |
[11:24] | Loving all your emails about the threat of super lice. | 你那些介绍超级虱子的危害的电邮我都好喜欢啊 |
[11:29] | Look, I had no choice, all right? | 听着 我没办法了好吗 |
[11:32] | But don’t worry–I’ll have the money back in the account | 不过别担心 我肯定能把账户里的钱在你知道之前 |
[11:34] | before you know it. | 搞回来 |
[11:35] | I have meetings with 30 vendors alone this afternoon. | 单单在这个下午 我就要和30个买主见面磋商 |
[11:38] | Marny, I am the hero of my own journey. | Marny 我是我们人生旅程中的英雄 |
[11:41] | Do not quote Chris to me. | 别用Chris的话来应付我 |
[11:44] | In all fairness, it was Tanya. | 公平点来说 这话是Tanya说的 |
[11:48] | Hey, Claire. Cute hat. | 嘿 Claire 可爱的帽子喔 |
[11:50] | Does it come in my size? | 也够得着我的尺寸吗 |
[11:54] | Don’t forget | 别忘了 |
[11:55] | what a great salesman I was, all right? | 我以前是一个多么出色的推销者 对吧 |
[11:57] | I swept the 2002 Real Estate Awards. | 我横扫了2002年的地产销售奖项 |
[12:00] | Suck on that, Doug Weston. | 我可比你强啊Doug Weston |
[12:02] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 要是你没意见 |
[12:04] | I don’t want to be late for my first meeting. | 我可不想在跟客户的第一次会谈中就迟到 |
[12:06] | Well, good, | 好吧 行 |
[12:07] | because I don’t even want to be around you right now. | 因为我现在甚至都不想跟你在一块儿 |
[12:10] | All right. | 好囖 |
[12:11] | Oh, hi, Liz. | 噢 嗨 Liz |
[12:14] | See ya later, baby. | 待会见宝贝 |
[12:18] | We love each other. | 我们相亲相爱着呢 |
[12:24] | Hey, guys. What’s going on? | 嘿 伙计们 干嘛来呢这是 |
[12:27] | We stayed up all night talking, | 我们彻夜长谈 |
[12:29] | watched the sunrise, | 看日出 |
[12:30] | and then kayaked under the George Washington bridge. | 然后在乔治华盛顿大桥下面划船 |
[12:33] | This morning was so incredible, | 这个早上实在是太不可思议了 |
[12:34] | it just made me realize | 这让我察觉到 |
[12:36] | how much I’m missing out there. | 我错失了多少东西 |
[12:38] | ‘Cause of me. | 全因为我 |
[12:40] | II’m gonna just keep taking things up a notch. | 我得让我的人生从此一个 一个等级地向上 |
[12:43] | Yeah, also ’cause of me now. | 没错 也是因为我 |
[12:45] | So, on Monday, | 那么 到了星期一 |
[12:47] | I’m resigning from my law firm. | 我会从我的律师事务所里辞职 |
[12:49] | Okay, that’s all you. | 好了 这只是你自己决定的 |
[12:52] | I’m gonna figure out what I really want out of life | 我得搞明白人生里的什么才是我想要的 |
[12:54] | and who I really am. | 和我到底是谁 |
[12:55] | It’s radical. | 这是挺激进的 |
[12:56] | Yeah, oh, yeah. I’m saying “radical” again. | 嗯 噢 没错 我又说 激进 这词了 |
[12:59] | No, no, listen, Chris, hey, don’t do this, all right? | 不 不 听着 Chris 嘿 别这么干 好吗 |
[13:03] | A mean old man once told me that you need structure, | 一个刻薄的老人曾经告诉我 你的人生需要有规划 |
[13:05] | and… | 然后 |
[13:09] | She may have been right. | 她可能是对的 |
[13:11] | Do you really think this is a good idea? | 你真的觉得这样做好吗 |
[13:13] | Remember how you felt about getting bangs? | 还记得你准备留刘海时是怎么觉得的吗 |
[13:16] | I’m that sure. | 我就像你当时那么肯定 |
[13:19] | I’m throwing a party for him | 我今晚准备为他在我家 |
[13:20] | at my place tonight to celebrate, | 开个派对来庆祝 |
[13:21] | so I won’t be able to babysit for you. | 所以我不能为你们做保姆了 |
[13:23] | We’d love for you guys to come. | 我们也欢迎你们到来 |
[13:25] | We can’t come because our babysitter’s | 我们来不了啊 因为我们的保姆 |
[13:27] | throwing a party for her unemployed boyfriend. | 要为她失业的男友开派对呢 |
[13:30] | – Chris, don’t do this. – No, hey, listen… | – Chris 别这么干 – 不 嘿 听着 |
[13:32] | You know what? I have a new life now | 你知道吗 我现在有个新的人生了 |
[13:33] | and a new passion and a new girlfriend. | 而且还有一股新的热情和一个新的女朋友 |
[13:36] | And you guys are just gonna have to get used to it, | 而你们需要做的就是接受这样的事实 |
[13:37] | or don’t. | 或者不 |
[13:38] | Come on, Stacee. | 来 Stacee |
[13:56] | Yeah! | 就是这样 |
[13:58] | Yeah! | 就是这样 |
[14:08] | Hi, um, what is so important? | 嗨 什么事情这么重要啊 |
[14:10] | – Nick? – Hi. It’s, um… | – Nick – 嗨 就是 |
[14:13] | It’s Chris. I have– hey. | 是关于Chris的 我之前呢 嘿 |
[14:16] | I was encouraging him to find himself, | 我鼓励过他去寻找自我 |
[14:19] | and now he’s quitting his job on Monday | 然后他现在就准备在星期一就辞职 |
[14:21] | to find himself. | 然后去寻找自我了 |
[14:23] | – I warned you. – Yes, I know you did. | – 我警告过你的 – 没错 我知道你有 |
[14:26] | And I tried to talk some sense into him | 而且我也试过灌输点理智思想给他 |
[14:27] | and he wouldn’t listen to me, so that’s why I called you, | 不过他不肯听我的 所以这也是为什么我叫你来 |
[14:30] | because no one can stifle his spirit | 因为在扼杀他的活力方面 |
[14:32] | the way that you can. | 没人能像你做得那么好 |
[14:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:36] | That’s nice of you to say. | 很高兴你这么说 |
[14:38] | Well, where is he? | 好吧 那他人呢 |
[14:40] | Let’s get this done. | 咱现在就去搞定这事 |
[14:41] | He’s DJing a college party. | 他正在一个大学派对里当DJ |
[14:44] | Oh, it’s worse than I thought. | 噢 这比我想象的要更糟 |
[14:46] | Okay, we need to go in and extract him now. | 好吧 我们现在得去那儿把他挽救回来 |
[14:49] | Whoohoo! | 喔 |
[14:50] | Looks like we’re going to a college party. | 听起来我们好像要去参加一个大学派对咯 |
[14:52] | Maybe we should, uh, hang out here | 或者我们应该 呃 在这歇会儿 |
[14:54] | and get a buzz going first. | 让我们自己醉了先 |
[14:56] | Why? Why would you drink before going to a party? | 为什么 为什么你会在去派对之前喝酒 |
[15:00] | Don’t you want to stay sharp | 难道你不想保持清醒 |
[15:01] | in case someone starts a Cole Porter sing-along? | 以防有人开始Cole Porter式独唱吗 |
[15:05] | You know, I think you and I | 你知道吗 我认为你跟我 |
[15:06] | had very different college experiences. | 有着相当不同的大学经历 |
[15:17] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天呐 |
[15:18] | Chris’s girlfriend lives in a halfway house. | Chris的女朋友住在一间过渡疗养所里 |
[15:21] | Do me a favor and keep me away from the coconut rum. | 帮我个忙 别让我靠近椰子朗姆酒那儿 |
[15:24] | I am not flashing my taters tonight. | 我今晚可不想招摇这对玉峰 |
[15:27] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | 哇 哇 哇 |
[15:28] | You got to take a shot to enter this party. | 你们得干了这杯才能进来 |
[15:30] | – Oh. – Whoa. | – 噢 – 哇 |
[15:31] | – Here you go. – Okay. | – 你的 – 好 |
[15:32] | Here you go. | 给 |
[15:34] | Ma’am? | 夫人 |
[15:39] | There he is– | 他在那 |
[15:40] | either that or a tall 12-year-old. | 要不就是一个高个儿的12岁孩子 |
[15:44] | Oh, I could get full custody of Ernie right now. | 噢 我现在能获得Ernie的完全监护权了 |
[15:50] | – Boom. – Oh! | – 中 -噢 |
[15:52] | Muscle memory. | 肌肉记忆 |
[15:53] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[15:55] | I’m glad you guys decided to show up after all. | 我很高兴你们最后还是决定来了 |
[15:57] | Not for the reasons that you think. | 不是你想的那个原因 |
[15:58] | – Hep! – Oh! | – 嘿 – 噢 |
[16:01] | I’m on fire. | 我手感正热 |
[16:02] | Stop that. | 停下来 |
[16:04] | Look, Nick and Emily told me | 听着 Nick和Emily告诉我 |
[16:07] | you’re going to quit your job. | 你准备辞职了 |
[16:09] | Now, I know you’re going through something, | 我知道你现在也不好过 |
[16:11] | so I’m gonna say this gently. | 所以我会温柔点对你说 |
[16:12] | DJing is stupid. | DJ蠢到家了 |
[16:14] | You look stupid. | 你看起来蠢到家了 |
[16:16] | You’re acting stupid. | 你的行为也蠢到家了 |
[16:18] | Now let’s go. | 现在我们走吧 来 |
[16:20] | No. No, I’m not going anywhere. | 不 不 我哪儿都不去 |
[16:22] | You told me how awful my life was the other night, | 那天晚上你跟我说我的人生有多糟糕 |
[16:25] | and now it rules. | 而现在这话起作用喇 |
[16:26] | – It rules so hard! – Ugh. | – 起好大作用呐 – 噢 |
[16:29] | Why can’t you just be happy for me? | 为什么你们就是不能为我高兴 |
[16:31] | Chris, look around. You don’t belong here. | Chris 看看周围 你不属于这儿 |
[16:34] | Hey, aren’t you in my poli-sci class? | 嘿 你是不是和我一块上政治科学这门课 |
[16:37] | Probably. | 好像是呢 |
[16:40] | You know, as fun as it is | 尽管你们在这 |
[16:41] | to, uh, stand here while you guys bash my life choices, | 很欢乐地打击我的人生抉择 |
[16:44] | I got to work this fader like an alligator, okay? | 我得耍得这音量控制器像短吻鳄一样溜了 好吗 |
[16:46] | Chomp, chomp. So… | 咬 咬 那么 |
[16:49] | All right, let’s boost the wattage in this cottage. | 好嘞 让我们在这小屋子里电力全开 |
[16:53] | ♪ Thank you for being a friend ♪ | 谢谢你作为一个朋友 |
[16:58] | ♪ travel down the road… | 一直到这 |
[16:59] | Golden Girls. | <黄金女孩> |
[17:01] | Okay, well, this problem is about to correct itself. | 好了 Chris这烦事能自我了结了 |
[17:03] | This is not gonna be pretty. | 接下来的可不见得能圆场 |
[17:05] | ♪ You’re a pal and a confidant ♪ | 你是我的伙伴和知己 |
[17:16] | Wait. What is happening? | 等等 干嘛了这是 |
[17:18] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[17:20] | I can’t help it. | 我没办法停下来啊 |
[17:21] | This is really good. | 这挺好的确实 |
[17:24] | But the whole reason that we’re here right now is to… | 不过我们现在之所以在这儿的原因是 |
[17:27] | Oh, yeah. Oh. | 噢 是啊 噢 |
[17:29] | Back it up, back it up. | 走起来 走起来 |
[17:47] | All right, everybody, we’re just gonna take a little pause for the cause. | 好了 伙计们 这音乐的源泉需要点休息暂停呢 |
[17:52] | You were amazing. | 你真是妙极了 |
[17:55] | How is that amazing? | 这怎么会妙啊 |
[17:56] | You made a room full of drunk people cheer. | 你只是让一屋子的醉鬼欢呼而已 |
[17:59] | Hey, I have nachos! | 嘿 我有那可呢 |
[18:06] | – Gary, what are you doing here? – Hey. | -Gary 你在这干嘛呢 -嘿 |
[18:08] | I called him because I wanted some support | 我叫他来是因为我想从一个 |
[18:10] | from somebody who knows how to follow their dreams. | 知道怎样跟着梦想走的家伙身上获得点支持 |
[18:12] | – Yeah! – No. | – 嗯 – 不 |
[18:14] | – No? – Nah. | – 不 – 不 |
[18:15] | – Today was horrible. – What happened? | – 今天糟透了 – 发生什么了 |
[18:18] | I went into those meetings in full pitch mode. | 我今天在会议上简直火力全开 |
[18:20] | I was on top of my game– not one bite. | 我简直表现出我的最高水平了 还是没人鸟我 |
[18:23] | Nobody wants those things. | 没一个人想要那些玩意儿 |
[18:25] | Marny’s gonna kill me. | Marny会杀了我啊 |
[18:27] | Gary, you can’t give up on your dreams. | Gary 你不能放弃你的梦啊 |
[18:29] | You know what, man? | 你知道吗哥们 |
[18:30] | The-hero-of-my-own-journey advice sucks. | 自己人生旅途上的英雄 这忠告逊毙了 |
[18:33] | Hey! Is there anybody in here named Tanya? | 嘿 这儿有人的名字叫Tanya吗 |
[18:36] | Oh, I’m Tanya. | 噢 我叫Tanya |
[18:37] | You owe me $10,000! | 你欠我十万块 |
[18:40] | I just came here to get a drink before I went home. | 我只是想在回家之前来这喝杯酒而已 |
[18:43] | Oh, don’t bother. All they have left | 噢 别放心上 这里还能剩下的 |
[18:45] | is orange juice and peppermint Schnapps. | 就只有橘子汁和椒薄荷烈酒了 |
[18:48] | I’ll make it work. | 也成 |
[18:50] | See, it doesn’t matter how bad you want something. | 看到没 你有多渴望一样东西其实不打紧的 |
[18:53] | It doesn’t always mean it’s gonna work out. | 因为这并不代表那样东西能实现啊 |
[18:54] | Just because it didn’t work out for Gary | 仅仅因为Gary的寻梦之旅失败了 |
[18:56] | doesn’t mean it’s not gonna work out for me. | 并不代表我的也会啊 |
[18:57] | I’m happier than I’ve been in a long time. | 我比过去一段长时间里都要开心 |
[18:59] | Okay, then do both. | 好吧 那你可以兼顾啊 |
[19:01] | Okay, be Chris the lawyer during the week | 在工作日里当律师Chris |
[19:03] | and then DJ Christoph on the weekends. | 然后在周末的时候当DJ Christoph |
[19:05] | Yes, otherwise, if you quit, | 没错 否则你不干了 |
[19:07] | how are you going to earn money? | 你从哪儿挣钱啊 |
[19:09] | I’ll figure it out. I always do. | 我会想办法的了 我总是能行 |
[19:11] | Dude, you were amazing tonight. | 伙计 你今晚妙极了真是 |
[19:14] | We took up a collection. | 我们自发收了点钱 |
[19:15] | Oh! | 噢 |
[19:17] | There’s, like, 32 bucks in there. | 里面有 大概 32块在那吧 |
[19:21] | I can do both. | 我能兼顾哦 |
[19:24] | Yeah, I thought the exam was super hard too. | 是啊 我也觉得那考试真是超级难啊 |
[19:40] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:41] | Kids, hide your wallets. | 孩子们 收起来你们的钱包 |
[19:44] | Captain wrapkin’s here. | 防污袍队长来啦 |
[19:47] | Okay, I deserve that. | 好吧 我活该的 |
[19:50] | I should have never taken the money. | 我本不应拿那些钱 |
[19:52] | Gary, you know it’s not about the money, right? | Gary 你知道这不是钱的问题 对吗 |
[19:55] | We’ve got to be on the same page. | 我们得保持相同步伐啊 |
[19:57] | Well, right now it’s about the money. | 好吧 那现在是该谈钱的问题了 |
[20:00] | I didn’t sell one wrapkin. | 我一件防污袍都没卖出去 |
[20:02] | Not one? | 一件都没 |
[20:04] | – How is that possible? – I don’t know. | – 这怎么可能 – 我不知道啊 |
[20:06] | Everywhere I went, I gave ’em the hard sell. | 我在每一处我到的地方都卖得很卖力 |
[20:09] | It’s not like the old days. | 可是这不像以前的时候了 |
[20:10] | I don’t know what I did wrong. | 我都不知道我哪里做错了 |
[20:13] | I do. | 我知道 |
[20:14] | Wrapkins aren’t commercial real estate. | 防污袍不是商业地产啊 |
[20:17] | You came up with this idea | 你之所以有防污袍的概念 |
[20:19] | because you’re a stay-at-home dad. | 是因为你是一个家庭煮男 |
[20:21] | – Mm-hmm. – You’ve got to sell them | – 没错 – 你得站在一个家庭煮男的角度 |
[20:22] | like you’re a stay-at-home dad, not some slick salesman. | 去卖这些玩意儿 而不是信口开河的推销人员 |
[20:28] | So why didn’t you tell me this before? | 那么为什么你之前不告诉我 |
[20:30] | ‘Cause I was mad at you. | 因为当时我在气头嘛 |
[20:33] | And I kind of just came up with it right now. | 而且这是我是刚刚想到的 |
[20:38] | – Hey, what are you doing? – Painting. | – 嘿 你们在干嘛 – 画画呢 |
[20:42] | But we didn’t want to get it on our clothes, | 不过我们可不想让颜料染在我们的衣服上 |
[20:44] | so we put on dad’s wrapkins. | 所以我们穿上了爸爸的防污袍 |
[20:46] | What were you boys painting? | 那你们在画些什么啊 |
[20:47] | The twins! | 双胞胎弟弟 |