时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | All right, I got my wrapkin on! | 好了 我穿上防污袍咯 |
[00:05] | Everybody gather round. | 大家围过来 |
[00:07] | I wish I had a wrapkin on. | 我也想要个防污袍 |
[00:09] | Standing here like a jerk, | 在每个人都穿防污袍的午餐会上 |
[00:10] | all wrapkin-less at a wrapkin launch party. | 没个防污袍地站在这真傻 |
[00:14] | All right, with the press of this button here, | 好的 当我一按这按钮 |
[00:16] | the wrapkin website will officially go live. | 防污袍网站就会正式启用 |
[00:20] | Now, I started the wrapkin with the simple belief | 我设计防污袍的初衷很简单 |
[00:22] | that children, above all else, | 我认为所有的小孩都是 |
[00:24] | are disgusting, filthy little creatures. | 又脏又恶心的小怪物 |
[00:28] | All right? So I said to myself– | 所以我跟自己说 |
[00:32] | That’s not what I said. | 这句不是我说的 |
[00:33] | – Shh, shh, shh. – Shh, shh, shh. | -嘘 嘘 嘘 -嘘 嘘 嘘 |
[00:35] | It’s one of Violet’s toys. | 那是Violet的一个玩具 |
[00:36] | It’s been going off for three days, | 已经失踪三天了 |
[00:37] | and we can’t find it. | 而且我们死活找不到 |
[00:40] | Hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿 |
[00:40] | Back to me. All right? | 看我这里 好吗 |
[00:43] | Because you are gonna wanna tell your friends | 因为一旦看到这个东西 |
[00:44] | that you were here when you saw this. | 你们会迫不及待的向朋友们炫耀 |
[00:46] | All my friends are playing paintball. | 我周围的所有朋友都玩漆弹游戏 |
[00:49] | Let it go. We said no. | 别废话 咱不耍 |
[00:54] | Voila! Look at that. | Voila 看这个 |
[00:56] | – See?. Yeah. – This looks amazing! | – 看见了吗 – 太棒了这个 |
[00:58] | Wow, honey. This could actually work! | 亲爱的 这真的能运行 |
[01:01] | – Mm-hmm. – Oh, my God. | – 嗯嗯 – 我的天 |
[01:03] | What? | 怎么了 |
[01:04] | What if this actually works? | 如果这网站真的运行了怎么办 |
[01:07] | H-how are you gonna do this and take care of the kids? | 那那你怎么可能既做生意又看好孩子 |
[01:10] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 哦 不行 不行 不 |
[01:11] | Hey! Ho! | 喂 |
[01:12] | Easy. That’s my computer. | 放轻松 那可是我的电脑 |
[01:13] | It’s not the necklace box from Pretty Woman. | 不是风月俏佳人的项链盒子 |
[01:16] | You’re gonna need to hire some help, okay? | 你会雇人来看孩子的 对吧 |
[01:18] | Because I am not staying home with them. | 因为我绝对不会在家跟他们呆着 |
[01:22] | No offense. | 没别的意思 |
[01:23] | I get it. | 我懂的 |
[01:26] | Hey, look, I’m not gonna hire someone | 我才不会雇人来 |
[01:27] | to raise my kids, all right, baby? | 照看我自己的小孩 |
[01:29] | I’m gonna do both. | 我能两者兼顾 |
[01:30] | There is no way you can raise the kids | 你不可能既照顾小孩 |
[01:32] | and launch a business. | 又打理生意的 |
[01:35] | You’re already slacking since you started working again. | 从你再工作的时候 你就懈怠了 |
[01:38] | Huh? | 没错吧 |
[01:38] | I pulled a raisin out of that fat fold under Robbie’s chin. | 我从Robbie的双下巴底下弄出来个葡萄干 |
[01:43] | It was hard. | 这可不简单 |
[01:45] | It had been there awhile. | 葡萄干在那有一段时间了 |
[01:47] | Yeah, but it’s always good to have some emergency snacks | 没错 藏点应急零食以备不时之需 |
[01:49] | tucked away. I could– | 总是好的 我能 |
[01:51] | I could probably comb an entire Graham cracker | 我现在兴许能从Freddie的头发里 |
[01:53] | out of Freddie’s hair right now. | 梳全麦饼干出来 |
[01:56] | How did you get in this conversation? | 你又是怎么插上话的 |
[01:59] | I’m a guest of Gary’s. | 我是Gary请来的 |
[02:01] | Baby, Nick gets me. | 宝贝 Nick懂我 |
[02:03] | And he knows that I can do it all. | 他知道我能兼顾 |
[02:05] | I’m not like all the others, baby. | 我跟其他人不一样 宝贝 |
[02:07] | I’m a rare breed. | 我可是稀有品种 |
[02:09] | Well, we’ll see, won’t we? | 是吗 那就走着瞧吧 |
[02:11] | Yes, you will. | 没错你会的 |
[02:12] | And when you do see, | 等你看见我成功的时候 |
[02:14] | I won’t even tell you “I told you so.” | 我甚至都不需要跟你说 我早告诉过你 的话 |
[02:16] | I’ll just give you a look like this. | 我只需要给你一个这样的表情 |
[02:23] | We will find you. | 我们会找到你的 |
[02:24] | This does not end well for you, toy! | 你也不会落得个好下场的 玩具宝贝 |
[02:58] | Hey, apartment. I’m home. | 嘿 老巢 我回来啦 |
[03:00] | – Hey, Chris. – Apartment? | – 嘿 Chris – 老巢 |
[03:04] | Oh! Wha–what are you doing here? | 哦 你 你在这干什么 |
[03:06] | Hey, I had to get away from the toy, | 我想离玩具远点 |
[03:08] | so I came down here to take a nap. | 所以才过来歇会 |
[03:11] | How are your parents doing? | 你爸妈还好吗 |
[03:12] | Oh, exhausting. | 哦 累死我了 |
[03:15] | They insist that I’m not happy in New York, | 他们坚持认为我在纽约呆的不开心 |
[03:16] | and they want me to move back home | 想让我搬回家住回 |
[03:17] | and live in my old bedroom, | 那个自从我上大学之后 |
[03:18] | which they haven’t touched since I left for college. | 他们一碰都没碰过的老房间 |
[03:22] | I love them, but they’re driving me crazy. | 我是爱他们 但是他们让我焦头烂额了 |
[03:23] | All their attention is focused on me. | 他们所有的焦点都集中在我身上 |
[03:25] | Lookit, lookit. I found another gray hair. | 看看 看看 又找着一根白头发 |
[03:27] | – Okay. – You see that? | – 行了 – 你看见了吗 |
[03:28] | How do you manage | 为嘛你总是盘算着 |
[03:29] | to work showing your chest off | 怎么在每一段对话中都 |
[03:31] | into every conversation? | 炫耀你的胸脯 |
[03:33] | I’m just saying it sucks being an only child. | 我就想说当独生子太倒霉了 |
[03:35] | – Yeah, tell me about it. – You’re not an only child. | – 是吗 跟我说说 – 你又不是独生子 |
[03:37] | No, I know, but if you had a sibling, | 是啊 我知道 但是如果你有兄弟姐妹 |
[03:38] | then you could complain to them about your parents, | 没准你该跟他们抱怨父母了 |
[03:40] | and I wouldn’t have to keep smelling salts on me | 那样 我和你说话的时候就不必靠 |
[03:42] | to stay awake during our conversation. | 闻嗅盐来打起精神了 |
[03:49] | Chris Chris… | |
[03:51] | Ernie can’t scribble. | Ernie不会画画啊 |
[03:52] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[03:53] | Well, he was on a playdate with | 他跟一个长的像 |
[03:54] | that kid who looks like Danny DeVito. | Danny DeVito的小孩约了一起玩 |
[03:56] | Oh! I love that kid. | 哦 我喜欢那小孩 |
[03:58] | Okay, well, he was scribbling, so I gave Ernie a crayon. | 然后他一直在乱画 所以我也给了Ernie一支蜡笔 |
[04:01] | Nothing, not one scribble. And I looked it up. | 但是他不画 一笔也没有 然后我查了一下 |
[04:04] | Children start scribbling at age one, | 孩子会在一岁开始乱涂乱画 |
[04:06] | and Ernie is– he’s older than one. | 可是Ernie已经 已经一岁多了 |
[04:08] | Yeah, well, I mean, you know, so he’s not scribbling. | 没事 他不就是不画而已吗 |
[04:10] | Not every kid his age scribbles. | 又不是每个这年龄的孩子都会画 |
[04:11] | Freddie scribbles. | Freddie也会画 |
[04:14] | Scribbles all the time. | 一直画 |
[04:15] | In fact, I’d say he’s on the verge of doodling. | 事实上 我会说他画的跟涂鸦差不多了 |
[04:19] | All right, guys, I am late to go help Gary | 好了 伙计们 我得去帮Gary卖防污袍而且 |
[04:21] | sell his wrapkin, so… | 快迟到了 所以 |
[04:22] | Just a little– there we go. | 倒一点就行 出发 |
[04:25] | Um, and I’m gonna be back here around 5:00 | 嗯 我五点左右回来 |
[04:27] | to take another nap. | 再小休一下 |
[04:28] | So if you guys could not be here, | 要是你们不在这的话 |
[04:29] | that would be great. | 那就最好不过了 |
[04:34] | Chris, we need to get Ernie some help, okay? | Chris 我们得给Ernie找一些帮助 |
[04:36] | He is not even in school yet, and he’s already falling behind. | 他还没上学就已经落后了 |
[04:39] | We have preschool interviews coming up, | 我们还要参加幼儿园考试 |
[04:41] | and if he doesn’t get into a good preschool | 要是他不能进好的幼儿园 |
[04:43] | he doesn’t get into a good high school, | 就进不了好高中 |
[04:45] | he doesn’t get into a good college. | 那他就进不了好大学 |
[04:46] | Imagine if Freddie goes to Yale | 再想一想如果Freddie进了耶鲁 |
[04:49] | and Ernie doesn’t even get in. | 但Ernie却进不去的景象吧 |
[04:52] | Oh, my God. Now I’m getting a nosebleed! | 我不行了 要出鼻血了 |
[04:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:58] | Ah. | 啊 |
[04:59] | Excuse me, ma’am, how much | 打扰下 女士 |
[05:00] | is this t-shirt with the guitar on it? | 这件印着吉他的T恤多少钱 |
[05:02] | $120. | 一百二十美元 |
[05:03] | Wonderful! | 太棒了 |
[05:10] | Good afternoon! | 下午好 |
[05:12] | Perhaps do you sell a disposable smock | 你们卖不卖那种一次性的罩衣 |
[05:15] | or a bib for adults to keep their children | 或者是给成人用的围嘴 |
[05:17] | from getting their clothes dirty | 以免被他们的小孩弄脏衣服 |
[05:18] | like I have with this unfortunate juice stain? | 例如就像我这件不走运 沾有果汁污迹的衣服 |
[05:21] | Mm, I’m sorry. I don’t believe we do. | 嗯 抱歉 没有这种 |
[05:24] | You know, that is a shame because I, | 那可就真的是太可惜了 因为我 |
[05:26] | a local millionaire, | 一个本地的百万富翁 |
[05:28] | would buy thousands of such a product | 会买上数千件这种产品 |
[05:30] | if you had them. | 如果你们有的话 |
[05:33] | Forgive me for eavesdropping, | 不好意思我刚才听到你们的话了 |
[05:35] | but are you familiar with the wrapkin? | 但是你们听过防污袍吗 |
[05:37] | No. | 没有 |
[05:38] | What, pray tell, is a wrapkin? | 那是 麻烦你能介绍一下吗 |
[05:41] | This is nice. | 这件很漂亮 |
[05:43] | Reel it in! | 到我发挥了 |
[05:46] | The wrapkin does exactly what you need it to do. | 防污袍正是你现在需要的 |
[05:48] | It’s a disposable smock that keeps your clothes clean | 一次性的罩衫 可以在孩子两手脏脏的时候 |
[05:51] | while your children’s hands aren’t. | 保持你衣服洁净 |
[05:53] | Made in America. | 美国制造 |
[05:55] | Puerto Rico counts. | 波多黎各也算哦 |
[05:56] | That actually sounds like a really great idea. | 听起来确实是个挺好的主意哦 |
[05:59] | Uh, do you have a website? | 啊 你们有网站吗 |
[06:00] | I do, I do. It’s called thewrapkin.Com. | 当然有 就是thewrapkin.Com |
[06:03] | Well, it sounds like you two have some business to discuss. | 似乎你俩有点生意要磋商 |
[06:06] | – So long, Gary. – What? | – 再见 Gary – 啥 |
[06:08] | Stranger. | 陌生人 |
[06:15] | Hey, it was a great day at sales today. | 嘿 今天这票干得真不赖 |
[06:17] | Except for that last one where you pretended to be who? | 除了最后你想假装哪的人来着 |
[06:20] | Baron Von Lichtenstein, | 列支敦士登男爵 |
[06:23] | sole heir to the Romanian zinc fortune. | 罗马尼亚锌矿产的唯一继承人 |
[06:28] | Mom, this is boring. | 妈咪 太无聊了 |
[06:31] | I told you, whoever finds the toy that’s making the noise | 不是说过吗 谁第一个发现出声音的玩具 |
[06:33] | will become my favorite kid. | 谁就是我最喜欢的宝贝哟 |
[06:36] | Violet, I’m pulling for you. But really, anyone can win! | Violet我支持你哟 但是你们每个人都有可能赢哦 |
[06:40] | – Everybody having fun? – No. | – 大家玩的开心吗 – 不 |
[06:42] | No! | 不 |
[06:42] | I’m actually having an okay time. | 我其实还行吧 |
[06:46] | Emily, I’m sorry we’re late, but we got on a hot streak. | Emily 对不起我们迟到了 但是今天运气真好 |
[06:49] | I promise I’ll be on time tomorrow. | 我保证明天一定按时回家 |
[06:50] | Oh, I am not watching your kids again. | 哦 我再也不会帮你看孩子了 |
[06:52] | What? | 什么 |
[06:53] | You told Marny that you could do it all. | 你跟Marny说你能兼顾的 |
[06:55] | Me watching your children | 我帮你看孩子 |
[06:56] | is not doing it all, okay? | 可不是你说的兼顾 对吧 |
[06:58] | You’re just gonna have to hire somebody. | 你还是雇个人吧 |
[06:59] | Look, I refuse to get help. | 我从来不需要任何帮助 |
[07:02] | Then what am I? | 那我是什么 |
[07:03] | A friend that I’m taking advantage of. | 一个被我占便宜的朋友 |
[07:06] | All right, all right. No problem. | 行了 行了 没问题 |
[07:08] | I’ll figure it out. I have to. | 我会解决的 我一定得解决 |
[07:10] | I told Marny that I was a rare breed, | 我跟Marny说了自己是稀有品种 |
[07:12] | then I gave her this look. | 然后还给了她一个这表情 |
[07:18] | It’s coming from inside the pillow! | 声音是从枕头里传来的 |
[07:21] | Toy! | 玩具 |
[07:22] | How many pillows have to die | 你还想牺牲多少个枕头 |
[07:24] | before you show yourself? | 你才现身 |
[07:30] | So your primary concern is that he doesn’t scribble. | 那么就是说你们现在主要的关注是他不会画画 |
[07:33] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[07:34] | He is not currently, | 他现在不画 |
[07:35] | nor has he ever scribbled. | 以前也从没画过 |
[07:39] | Does his response time seem slow to you? | 你觉得他的反应时间是不是有点长 |
[07:41] | Sometimes, I feel like his response time is slow. | 有时候我感觉他反应有点慢 |
[07:45] | – Do you think that too? – Yeah. | – 你也这么觉得啊 – 是啊 |
[07:46] | Yes, okay. Over here. | 看这边 |
[07:47] | – Hey, hey! – Over here, over here. | – 嘿 嘿 – 这边 这边 |
[07:49] | Hey, buddy. Hey, buddy. | 嘿 你俩 嘿 你俩 |
[07:50] | Over here, over here, over here, over here. | 这边 这边 这边 这边 |
[07:52] | Okay, okay. Thank you! | 行了 行了 谢谢 |
[07:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:56] | There’s nothing wrong with his response time, | 他的反应时间没什么问题 |
[07:58] | and his small motor skills are on par for a child his age. | 而且他的发展水平符合这个年龄的孩子 |
[08:01] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[08:02] | Because Nick’s kid is scribbling, | 因为Nick的孩子会画画 |
[08:04] | and he’s an idiot. | 但他是个傻子 |
[08:05] | Nick, not the kid. Maybe the kid. | 我是说Nick 不是小孩 也许小孩也是 |
[08:08] | The best thing you can do for Ernie | 你能为Ernie做的最好的事 |
[08:10] | is to let him develop at his own pace. | 就是让他按照自己的速度发育 |
[08:13] | So what I’m hearing you say | 我听到你这么说 |
[08:14] | is that we should just let him fall behind. | 就是让我们让他就这么落后着 |
[08:16] | That is your expert advice. | 这就是所谓的专业建议吗 |
[08:18] | Listen, I’m sensing that you’re the type of parents | 听着 我发现到你俩是那种 |
[08:21] | who fault on the side of overreacting. | 对小问题反应过度的父母 |
[08:23] | – Oh, come | – 少来 |
[08:29] | But what you really need to do here, | 但是你们真正需要做的 |
[08:31] | for everybody’s benefit, | 对每个人都好的 |
[08:32] | is to relax and give Ernie some space. | 就是放松下来 给Ernie一点空间 |
[08:35] | Well, what do you know? | 你懂个什么 |
[08:36] | You don’t know anything. | 你什么都不懂 |
[08:39] | Well, I know that I have a PhD | 我知道自己是杜克大学 |
[08:40] | in child psychology from Duke, | 儿童心理学的博士 |
[08:42] | and I know that I don’t take your insurance. | 我还知道我没拿你们的保险 |
[08:47] | Come on, boys. Hurry up! | 快点 孩子们 赶快 |
[08:49] | It’s after 6:00, all right? | 已经过了六点了 好吗 |
[08:51] | We have a lot to do before your mom gets home. | 在你们妈妈回家之前还有好多事要做 |
[08:53] | Go, go, go, go! | 动起来 动起来 动起来 |
[08:55] | Got your text. Let’s do this. | 收到你的短信了 一起做吧 |
[08:57] | All right, good, man. Help me bathe the twins. | 太好了 帮我给双胞胎洗澡 |
[08:58] | I already stripped ’em down in the elevator. | 我在电梯里已经把他们衣服脱干净了 |
[09:02] | Got it? You got that one? Go. | 行吗 你抱那个 来 |
[09:05] | Hold him up, hold him up, hold him up. | 抱住他 抱住他 抱住他 |
[09:06] | All right! | 太棒了 |
[09:07] | Gotta get him, gotta get him, get it. | 给他洗 给他洗 给他洗 |
[09:09] | All right. | 很好 |
[09:10] | Yeah, there we go. Put him in there. | 放回去 来 把他放那 |
[09:13] | Okay, get this one. | 继续 这个 |
[09:16] | Get that one. Hurry up, yeah. | 抱这个 快点 |
[09:17] | Yeah, he’s a tough one, man. Yeah. | 他重一点 没错 |
[09:19] | – Crack open his fat roll for me. – All right. | – 帮我弄开他的腿 – 好的 |
[09:21] | ‘Cause Marny–she’s gonna check when she comes home. | 因为Marny 她回家会检查的 |
[09:24] | All right, gotta get it. I gotta get it. | 行了 搞定了 搞定了 |
[09:26] | Uh-oh, uh-oh. | 啊哦 |
[09:28] | Somebody’s calling. Oh. | 有人打电话 哦 |
[09:30] | All right, this is a text from the doorman. | 好吧 是门卫发来的短信 |
[09:32] | He says Marny’s on her way up. Okay, look. | 他说Marny已经过来了 |
[09:33] | Hey, boys. | 小伙子们 |
[09:35] | Mom doesn’t have to know anything about this, all right? | 妈妈没必要知道这些 懂吗 |
[09:37] | Or does she? | 或许有必要呢 |
[09:40] | Oh. He’s shaking you down. | 哦 他在勒索你 |
[09:42] | I love this kid. | 我喜欢这小孩 |
[09:44] | All right, here. | 好吧 |
[09:46] | Take this. And you, you take this. | 拿着 你 拿着 |
[09:48] | And there’s an extra five in it | 这是额外的五块 |
[09:50] | if you can find a way to tell your mom that I’m a rare breed. | 如果你们能跟妈妈说我是个绝世好爸再给 |
[09:54] | There she is, put it away. | 她来了 收起来 |
[09:55] | Hey, everyone. | 嗨 大伙 |
[09:57] | Hey, baby. | 嗨 宝贝 |
[09:58] | Hey, Gary. | 嗨 Gary |
[09:59] | How did it go today? | 今天过得怎么样啊 |
[10:02] | Did you do it all? | 你都兼顾到了吗 |
[10:05] | I did. | 当然了 |
[10:06] | Made some sales, took care of my boys. | 既做了买卖 又看了孩子 |
[10:09] | Isn’t that right, boys? | 没错吧 小伙们 |
[10:11] | Oh, yeah. Dad’s the best! | 噢 是啊 爸爸最好了 |
[10:13] | – He really is a rare– – Rare breed. | – 他可真的是绝世 – 绝世好爸 |
[10:25] | Four days in a row, Dad. | 连续四天了 爸爸 |
[10:27] | You’ve been late for four days in a row. | 你已经连续四天都迟到了 |
[10:29] | I know, but your mother still doesn’t need to know about this. | 我不知道 不过你的妈妈仍然不需要知道这些 |
[10:31] | It’s getting harder and harder for me to keep my mouth shut. | 要让我的嘴闭上可是越来越难了啊 |
[10:35] | Cut me some slack, man. Have I missed a payment? | 饶了我吧伙计 我有欠过账吗 |
[10:39] | Come on, let’s go! Let’s go! | 来吧 进去 进去 |
[10:42] | Where are the twins? | 双胞胎在哪 |
[10:44] | GJ, hit that button, man! Hit that button! | 孩子 按那按钮啊喂 按那按钮 |
[10:48] | Ahh! Ahh! Okay. | 啊 啊 好了 |
[10:51] | All right, look. I gotta run downstairs. | 好吧听着 我跑下楼去 |
[10:52] | You guys stay here. Here’s my wallet. | 你们俩在着 这是我的钱包 |
[10:54] | Take as much as you need to keep quiet about this! | 只要能为此保密的 你们想拿多少就多少 |
[11:00] | Oh! GJ, Robbie. | 噢 GJ跟Robbie啊 |
[11:02] | Ahhh! | 啊 |
[11:05] | Looking for something? | 找东西吗 |
[11:07] | Ahhh! | 啊 |
[11:09] | Oh, God, this is worse! | 天呐这更糟 |
[11:11] | This is worse than losing them! | 这比丢了他俩还糟 |
[11:17] | So let me get this straight: | 那么直接点说吧 |
[11:20] | You were lying to me, | 你在对我说谎 |
[11:21] | and you were paying my children to lie to me. | 而且你给钱让我的孩子也对我说谎 |
[11:25] | Gary, look, if you refuse to get help with the kids, | Gary 听着 如果你拒绝找人帮带孩子的话 |
[11:28] | you’re just gonna have to give up the wrapkin. | 你就只得准备放弃你的防污袍事业了 |
[11:31] | I know, baby, you’re right. Too bad though. | 我知道 宝贝 你是对的 这次影响真的恶劣 |
[11:34] | You know, the wrapkin really started to make some money. | 你知道的嘛 防污袍真的开始赚钱了 |
[11:37] | You know, I was thinking, if all went well, | 我也在想 如果事情发展顺利 |
[11:39] | I can rent that house on Nantucket for the summer | 夏天我就能如你所愿的租下楠塔基特湾 |
[11:41] | like you always wanted. | 的一间别墅度假了 |
[11:45] | You mean the house with the dock? | 你是说那种带码头的 |
[11:47] | Where you can dangle your feet in the water | 能在日落的时候一边喝红酒 |
[11:49] | and drink the wine while the sun goes down? | 一边把脚垂在水里的别墅吗 |
[11:52] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[11:53] | Let me reflect | 让我对这个 |
[11:54] | on this new information for a moment. | 新信息先考虑一下 |
[11:58] | The wrapkin stays. | 防污袍事业继续 |
[12:01] | And you are getting help with the kids. | 而且你得在孩子这方面寻求点帮助 |
[12:03] | All right, baby. | 好吧 宝贝 |
[12:04] | But I don’t wanna miss out | 可是我不想像 |
[12:05] | on all the big moments with the twins | Clark和Yoda当年一样 |
[12:07] | like I did with Clark and Yoda. | 错失掉他们的重要瞬间 |
[12:08] | Oh, sweetheart, I’m just talking about | 噢 宝贝 我只是说 |
[12:10] | an extra set of hands in the afternoon. | 让你在午间多个人帮帮你而已 |
[12:13] | You’re not gonna miss anything. | 你不会错失掉任何东西的 |
[12:16] | I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[12:17] | You know, maybe I can still find a way | 或者我仍然能找个一个两全其美 |
[12:19] | to do it all myself. | 的方法呢 |
[12:20] | – Oh, really? – Mm-hmm. | – 噢 真的吗 – 嗯哼 |
[12:22] | Describe for me the last meal that you prepared | 描述一下上一顿你准备给你 |
[12:25] | for your beloved children. | 挚爱的孩子们的饭菜 |
[12:28] | Cheese. | 芝士 |
[12:32] | And where did you serve it? | 然后你是在哪儿让他们吃的 |
[12:35] | Bathtub. | 浴缸 |
[12:39] | I can’t take it. | 我忍不下去了 |
[12:40] | I don’t know what’s worse, | 我不知道哪样更糟 |
[12:41] | hearing the toy or waiting to hear the toy. | 是听着那玩具出声还是等着听那玩具出声 |
[12:46] | Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, shh. I think it’s listening to us. | 嘘 嘘 嘘 嘘 嘘 嘘 我认为他听着咱们说话 |
[12:52] | Hey, where’s Freddie? | 嘿 Freddie呢 |
[12:54] | Freddie! Hey! | Freddie 嘿 |
[12:54] | Shh! We just put him to bed. | 嘘 我们才刚刚让他去睡 |
[12:56] | Well, wake him up, okay? | 好吧 让他醒来 懂 |
[12:57] | I need him to show Ernie how to scribble. | 我要让他给Ernie展示一下怎么乱画 |
[12:58] | I’ve scribbled for him, Sheila’s scribbled for him. | 我给他乱画了 Sheila也给他乱画了 |
[13:00] | We think he just needs to see it from a peer, okay? | 我们觉得他只是需要让一个同辈给他展示 好吗 |
[13:02] | Freddie Freddie! | |
[13:03] | – Hey! – Hey, hey! | – 嘿 – 嘿 嘿 |
[13:04] | If you want Freddie to tutor you on scribbling, | 如果你想让Freddie给你展示一下怎么乱画 |
[13:06] | you’re gonna have to make an appointment | 你得像其他人一样 |
[13:07] | like everybody else. | 先预约 |
[13:10] | What did the specialist say? | 那专家怎么说 |
[13:11] | The specialist said he’s perfect, | 那专家说他没事 |
[13:12] | but if he was perfect, he’d be scribbling. | 不过要是他没事 他该乱画啊 |
[13:15] | Okay, you know what, give me the kid. | 好了 你知道吗 把孩子给我 |
[13:16] | Give me the kid. You’re gonna ruin this child. | 把孩子给我 你该要毁了这孩子了 |
[13:18] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[13:19] | You took him to a specialist, | 你带他去见一个专家 |
[13:21] | and he said he was perfect, | 而且专家也说了他没事 |
[13:22] | and you and Sheila still won’t leave him alone? | 可是你和Sheila还不让他消停 |
[13:24] | You’re gonna make this kid crazy. | 你都快要搞疯这孩子了 |
[13:25] | He’s only 15 months old. | 他才15个月大 |
[13:26] | We are just trying to be good parents. | 我们只是试着做一对好父母 |
[13:28] | Well, with all of your attention focused on him, | 好吧 你们的注意力这么聚焦在他身上 |
[13:30] | Ernie doesn’t stand a chance, right? | 他可一点希望都没 好吗 |
[13:32] | Oh, my God, look! | 噢 天呐 看 |
[13:34] | Baby gray hair. | 婴儿白发 |
[13:36] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天呐 |
[13:38] | Is that– is that what I’m doing? | 这 这就是我所做的吗 |
[13:40] | Am I becoming my parents? Come here. | 我这是要变成我的父母吗 来这 |
[13:42] | No. No, I’m not saying that. | 不 不 我可没这么说 |
[13:45] | You’re a hundred times worse than your parents. | 你比你的父母要糟上100倍 |
[13:50] | I’m home! | 我到家咯 |
[13:52] | Oh, hi, Christine. | 噢 嗨 Christine |
[13:54] | All right! | 好了 |
[13:55] | This is good. | 这真好 |
[13:58] | You boys are doing your homework. | 你们这些小伙子在做功课 |
[14:00] | The twins aren’t greeting people in the lobby. | 这对小兄弟不在楼下大堂里欢迎人们 |
[14:03] | This is all working out | 问题像我跟爸爸 |
[14:06] | just like I told Daddy it would. | 说的那样解决啦 |
[14:08] | Oh, my God! Look! | 噢 天呐 看 |
[14:12] | Robbie Robbie! | |
[14:14] | You’re taking your first steps! | 你在迈出你的第一步 |
[14:17] | Oh, my God. | 噢 天呐 |
[14:19] | You’re taking your first steps, | 你在迈出你的第一步 |
[14:21] | and your daddy is missing it. | 而且你的爸爸错失了 |
[14:22] | No, no, no, no, no, sit down! | 不 不 不 不 不 坐下 |
[14:26] | Knock that off, knock that off. | 停下来 停下来 |
[14:28] | You’ll have plenty of time to walk | 你在楠塔基特湾的沙滩上 |
[14:29] | on the beach in Nantucket. | 有大把时间可走呢 |
[14:32] | Look, your father doesn’t need to know about any of this. | 听着 你们的爸爸没有必要知道这个 |
[14:36] | Or does he? | 或者有呢 |
[14:39] | Fine! | 好吧 |
[14:41] | What’s the going rate for a cover-up around here? | 这儿的封嘴费价码是多少来着 |
[14:46] | – There you go. – Hey. | – 就是这样 – 嘿 |
[14:48] | Hi. What are you doing here? | 嗨 你在这干嘛 |
[14:49] | Uh, I need to talk to you about something. | 呃 我得跟你谈谈 |
[14:50] | – What’s… this? – Oh, we’re hammering. | – 这是 – 噢 我们在锤东西 |
[14:53] | Puzzle time was not a success. | 我们的解谜玩得不是那么好 |
[14:56] | Now, we’re hammering. | 现在 我们在锤东西 |
[14:59] | – There you go. – Okay, uh, Sheila, | – 就是这样 – 好了 呃 Sheila |
[15:01] | I’ve been thinking a lot about what’s best for Ernie. | 我一直在想了很多怎样对Ernie才是最好的 |
[15:04] | The thing is, you know how | 事实是 你是知道 |
[15:05] | my parents are constantly driving me crazy… | 我的父母是怎么持续不断的让我焦头烂额的 |
[15:07] | And all I ever wanna be able to do | 而且我一直都希望能 |
[15:08] | is call up my brother or my sister | 打电话给我的兄弟姐妹 |
[15:10] | and say, “Hey, it’s your turn to deal with them,” | 说 嘿 轮到你来应付他们了 |
[15:11] | but I can’t because I’m an only child? | 不过由于我是个独生子所以我不行 |
[15:13] | Yeah, well there’s nothing you can do about that. | 嗯 你也没办法嘛 |
[15:14] | True, but I can help Ernie. | 没错 不过我能帮Ernie |
[15:17] | When we’re both old and driving him crazy, | 当我们都老了而且几乎搞疯他的时候 |
[15:20] | wouldn’t it be great if he | 能让他有个弟弟或者妹妹 |
[15:21] | had a sibling to help share the burden of us. | 帮忙分担我们的负担不是很好吗 |
[15:25] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[15:27] | I’m saying I think you and I should have another child together. | 我是在说 我觉得我跟你应该再生一个孩子 |
[15:32] | I assume your silence is you trying to figure out | 我猜你的安静是因为你在试着 |
[15:34] | where you are in your cycle. | 搞清楚你的生理周期到哪儿了 |
[15:42] | You and I are just gonna drive him more and more crazy, | 我和你都只是会越来越让他焦头烂额 |
[15:45] | and he needs a sibling he can turn to. | 他需要一个兄弟来指望 |
[15:48] | We’re preparing him for the future. | 我们是为了他的未来作准备 |
[15:50] | We’re not driving him crazy. | 我们不是让他焦头烂额 |
[15:52] | – Oh, really? – Yeah. | – 噢 是吗 – 当然 |
[15:53] | If this is how we react when he can’t scribble, | 如果这是我们当他不会乱画的时候的反应 |
[15:56] | what happens when he doesn’t win student body president? | 那当他赢不了学生会主席的时候我们该会怎样 |
[15:58] | Oh, he’ll win. I’ve already written his speech. | 噢 他会赢的 我已经写好他的演讲稿了 |
[16:01] | It’s fantastic. | 简直妙极 |
[16:04] | Okay, Sheila, we wouldn’t be doing this for us. | 好吧 Sheila 我们这么做不是为了自己 |
[16:07] | We’d be doing it for Ernie. | 我们是为了Ernie |
[16:08] | I know that it’s unexpected. | 我知道这有点意料之外 |
[16:10] | Oh, yeah, unexpected | 噢 对啊 意料之外 |
[16:12] | is when I find myself loving Steve Harvey’s new talk show. | 是我发现自己喜欢上Steve Harvey新脱口秀时用的词 |
[16:16] | This is ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 |
[16:19] | Just… | 你就 |
[16:20] | Think about it, okay? | 你就考虑下 好吗 |
[16:25] | Okay, Ernie. | 好吧 Ernie |
[16:26] | Let’s just shake off that cuckoo conversation. | 我们来别管那傻不拉叽的对话 |
[16:31] | And let’s get back to it. | 我们继续玩这 |
[16:34] | Now, here we go. Hammer the nail. | 现在 来吧 锤这钉子 |
[16:36] | Remember the rhyme. | 记住这韵脚咯 |
[16:37] | Hammer the nail, get into Yale! | 锤着钉 进耶鲁 |
[16:40] | Hammer the nail, get into Yale! | 锤着钉 进耶鲁 |
[16:42] | Hammer– ow! Ernie! | 锤着 啊 Ernie |
[16:46] | Oh, God. | 噢 天呐 |
[16:48] | Am I driving you crazy? | 我让你焦头烂额了吗 |
[16:50] | Am I? | 我有吗 |
[16:52] | Oh. | 噢 |
[16:53] | Oh, honey, oh. | 噢 宝贝 噢 |
[16:55] | I am so sorry. I am so sorry. | 对不住啊 对不住啊 |
[16:58] | Come here, come here. | 来来来 |
[17:00] | Oh, I will never make you crazy again, okay? | 噢 我再不会让你烦了 好吧 |
[17:04] | Ooh, I can’t promise that. | 呃 我可不能打包票 |
[17:08] | I’m home! | 我到家咯 |
[17:10] | What’s going on, everybody? | 发生了什么啊大伙 |
[17:12] | Nothing. | 没啊 |
[17:16] | And if you think something’s going on… | 如果你觉得有事情发生 |
[17:18] | Then you’re reading this situation wrong. | 那么你就对这里的情景理解错了 |
[17:21] | Great. | 好 |
[17:29] | Oh, my God! | 噢 天呐 |
[17:31] | Robbie’s walking! | Robbie走路喇 |
[17:34] | Robbie’s walking! Oh, my God, I didn’t miss it. | Robbie走路喇 噢 天呐 我没错过 |
[17:36] | I did it! I did it all! | 我兼顾到了 我兼顾到了 |
[17:38] | Yes! | 对 |
[17:40] | Awesome! | 帅呆了 |
[17:41] | He’s never taken any first steps before. | 他在之前一步都没走过 |
[17:44] | Yeah! These are totally his first steps. | 是啊 这绝对是他的第一次走路 |
[17:50] | Huh. | 呃 |
[17:54] | So these aren’t his first steps. | 那么就是说这不是他第一次走咯 |
[17:58] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[18:00] | I know these boys. | 我了解这些孩子 |
[18:01] | Before they lied for you, they lied for me. | 在他们为你说谎之前 他们是为我说谎的 |
[18:06] | I can’t believe I missed Robbie’s first steps. | 我简直不能相信我居然错过了Robbie的第一步 |
[18:08] | See, this is the thing that I was worried about. | 看到了吧 这就是我所担忧的 |
[18:11] | Look, Gary, don’t be upset. | 听着 Gary 别沮丧 |
[18:13] | Y-you can still see Gary Jr. Take his first steps. | 你还是能看到小Gary走他的第一步的嘛 |
[18:17] | We’ll keep him strapped in a stroller | 我们会一直让他呆在婴儿车里 |
[18:19] | until we’re in Nantucket. | 直到我们到了楠塔基特湾 |
[18:21] | You know, baby, no matter how much money | 你知道的宝贝 无论我们在防污袍事业上 |
[18:23] | we could possibly make with the wrapkin, | 有可能赚多少钱 |
[18:25] | it’s not worth it. | 都不值得 |
[18:27] | This is why I’m a stay-at-home dad, | 这就是为什么我是个住家爸爸 |
[18:28] | so I won’t miss moments like this. | 那么我就不会错过像这样的时刻 |
[18:31] | Well, hey, | 好吧 嘿 |
[18:32] | instead of hiring somebody to help you with the kids, | 与其你请个人回来帮你照看孩子 |
[18:35] | why don’t you hire someone to help you with the wrapkin? | 为什么你不请个人回来帮你打理防污袍生意 |
[18:39] | Yeah. I think I– | 对哦 我觉得我 |
[18:42] | Yeah! | 对啊 |
[18:43] | Yeah, I like that. | 啊 我喜欢这样 |
[18:46] | Yeah, I can have an employee. | 没错 我能请个雇员 |
[18:49] | “Where’s my raise?” “I’m sick today.” | 我的加薪呢 我今天不舒服 |
[18:52] | “I need natural light.” Shut up! | 我要有自然光 闭嘴 |
[18:54] | You’re fired! Whoo! | 你被解雇啊 哈 |
[18:57] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[19:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[19:03] | So let’s say Ernie does need a sibling. | 那么假设Ernie真的需要个兄弟 |
[19:05] | Why couldn’t one of us get remarried | 为什么不能是我们其中一个再婚了 |
[19:06] | and have a baby with them? | 之后生的 |
[19:08] | I don’t know if I wanna get remarried. | 我不知道我想不想再婚 |
[19:09] | The last woman I had a baby with took all my money. | 上一个给我生了个孩子的女人拿了我全副身家 |
[19:14] | Well, what about me? I could get remarried. | 好吧 那我呢 我可能会再婚啊 |
[19:17] | By the time a guy makes it | 到了有个男人 |
[19:18] | through your vetting process, | 能入你法眼的时候 |
[19:19] | Ernie will be so old, he’ll be asking me | Ernie早就已经大了 然后他会问我 |
[19:22] | why weird hairs are growing out of his neck. | 为什么我的脖子上会长着一些奇怪的头发 |
[19:26] | And I’ll say, “That’s just how the men in our family roll.” | 然后我就只能说 我们家族的人都这样 |
[19:30] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[19:31] | But if we do this, we’re going to a lab. | 不过如果我们真得这么做 我们得去实验室 |
[19:34] | Our bodies are not touching. | 不能有身体接触 |
[19:36] | No! | 绝不 |
[19:38] | No, no, no. Of course not. | 不 不 不 当然不 |
[19:39] | I served my time in there. | 我的青春都撒在那儿了 |
[19:46] | So are we– are we really gonna do this? | 那么我们 我们就真的要这么干了哦 |
[19:50] | – For Ernie. – For Ernie. | – 为了Ernie – 为了Ernie |
[20:05] | Apartment, we’re having another baby! | 老巢啊 我们又要迎来另一个孩子咯 |
[20:09] | – These are all your toys. – Yes. | – 这都是你的玩具啊 – 嗯 |
[20:11] | Which one of them makes that noise? | 是哪个制造那种声音的啊 |
[20:13] | I told you, I don’t know. | 我告诉你们了我不知道啊 |
[20:15] | You have to know! | 你必须得知道 |
[20:17] | Well, you see, the problem here | 好吧 你看 问题在于 |
[20:19] | is that you have too many toys. | 你有太多玩具了 |
[20:21] | See, when I was your age, I had one Nintendo, | 知道吗 我还是你这么大 我只有一部任天堂游戏机 |
[20:22] | and I had, like, ten games. | 然后我有 大概 10只游戏吧 |
[20:23] | And I cherished them all… | 而且我是很珍惜它们的 |
[20:25] | Until I got a Sega Genesis. | 直到我有了部世嘉土星 |
[20:27] | And then I had, like, all the games for that, | 然后那时候我有 大概 那部游戏机上的所有游戏吧 |
[20:28] | which was, like, 12 games. | 大概是 12只吧 |
[20:29] | Oh, my God, how good was Altered Beast? | 噢天呐 兽王记是有多好玩啊 |
[20:32] | – Oh, my God. – Nick. | – 噢天呐 – Nick |
[20:34] | What? What point am I making? | 啊 我的重点是什么来着 |
[20:36] | – She has too many toys. – Stop having so many toys! | – 她有太多玩具了 – 别再来那么多了 |
[20:39] | Go to your room and think about all the toys you’ve got! | 给我进你的房间去想一下你有多少玩具 |
[20:43] | Seriously, how good was Altered Beast? | 说真的 兽王记是有多好玩啊 |
[20:45] | That game was amazing. Sometimes you were, like, a man. | 那游戏真是赞啊 有时候你像是个人 |
[20:48] | Sometimes you’re a super wolf. | 有时候你就变成一只超级狼了 |
[20:53] | Oh, crap! | 糟糕 |
[20:55] | It’s the talking bottle opener your mother gave us | 这是你妈在跟着牧马表演巡游的时候 |
[20:57] | when she was following the rodeo! | 给我们的说话开瓶器 |
[20:59] | The bottle opener! Oh! | 开瓶器 噢 |
[21:02] | And we blamed Violet. | 我们却怪在Violet身上 |
[21:04] | Now we have to apologize to her. | 现在我们得跟她道歉了 |
[21:06] | We can’t do that. We’ll lose all authority. | 这不成啊 我们会丢掉我们的权威 |
[21:10] | How about this? | 不如这样 |
[21:11] | First time we catch her drinking with her friends, | 我们在第一次抓到她跟她的朋友喝酒的时候 |
[21:12] | we’ll be super cool about it. | 我们会非常大量 |
[21:15] | Yeah, but what if she and her friends don’t drink? | 也对 不过如果她跟她的朋友不喝酒呢 |
[21:17] | Then we raised a nerd. | 那么我们就养了一个书呆子咯 |
[21:20] | You are some kind of mother. | 你可真是会当妈啊 |