时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | When you first came to the orphanage, | 你来孤儿院的第一天 |
[00:13] | I was watching. | 我在看着你 |
[00:15] | I remember your mother. | 我记得你母亲 |
[00:17] | Do you still have it on you? | 你还带着它吗 |
[00:20] | Always. | 一直带着 |
[00:24] | You are going to help us. | 你要帮我们 |
[00:26] | I tried. It’s hopeless. | 我试过了 没希望了 |
[00:31] | Holy Father, forgive me. | 圣父 原谅我 |
[00:33] | Now stop making a spectacle of yourself. | 别在这里丢人现眼了 |
[00:35] | Get off. | 滚开 |
[00:37] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[00:40] | What do you mean, “home?” | 你说的”家”是什么意思 |
[00:42] | I had such a simple dream. | 我只有一个简单的梦想 |
[00:45] | To serve God. | 侍奉上帝 |
[00:46] | You murdered my dream. | 你谋杀了我的梦想 |
[00:49] | You’re nothing more than a pathetic, | 你不过是一个可怜的 |
[00:51] | miserable, cowardly murderer. | 悲惨的 怯懦的凶手 |
[06:20] | I speak frequently with the Pope. | 我经常和教宗谈话 |
[06:25] | What I’m about to tell you, he said to me in conversation, | 我要跟你说的 是他在谈话中告诉我的 |
[06:28] | not in the confessional, | 不是在忏悔室 |
[06:31] | which means I’m not breaking the seal of confession. | 也就是说 我没有泄露告解内容 |
[06:35] | What are you about to tell me? | 你要告诉我什么 |
[06:36] | The Pope is going through a profound crisis of faith. | 教宗正在经历一场深刻的信仰危机 |
[06:42] | What are you insinuating, Don Tommaso? | 你在暗示什么 唐·托马索 |
[06:45] | That the Pope… | 教宗… |
[06:48] | doesn’t believe in God. | 不相信上帝 |
[07:33] | ♪ So many feelings ♪ | ♪ 无数思绪 ♪ |
[07:36] | ♪ Pent up in here ♪ | ♪ 压在心头 ♪ |
[07:40] | ♪ Left alone I’m with ♪ | ♪ 我独自一人 ♪ |
[07:43] | ♪ The one I most fear ♪ | ♪ 面对最深的恐惧 ♪ |
[07:46] | ♪ I’m sick and I’m tired ♪ | ♪ 我厌倦了 ♪ |
[07:50] | ♪ Of reasoning ♪ | ♪ 理性思考 ♪ |
[07:53] | ♪ Just want to break out ♪ | ♪ 只想爆发 ♪ |
[07:56] | ♪ Shake off this skin ♪ | ♪ 甩掉伪装 ♪ |
[07:59] | ♪ I ♪ | ♪ 我 ♪ |
[08:02] | ♪ Can’t ♪ | ♪ 无法 ♪ |
[08:04] | ♪ Escape myself ♪ | ♪ 解脱自己 ♪ |
[08:19] | ♪ I ♪ | ♪ 我 ♪ |
[08:21] | ♪ I can’t ♪ | ♪ 我无法 ♪ |
[08:24] | ♪ Escape myself ♪ | ♪ 解脱自己 ♪ |
[08:45] | They’ve manifested themselves. | 他们现身了 |
[08:49] | Who? | 谁 |
[08:53] | My mom and dad. | 我的父母 |
[08:56] | But how? | 怎么现身的 |
[09:00] | Came in a box. | 在一个盒子里 |
[09:01] | No postmark, no nothing. | 没有邮戳 什么都没有 |
[09:03] | No clue, no way to track them down. | 没有线索 没办法找到他们 |
[09:09] | Why don’t they want to be tracked down? | 他们为什么不想被找到 |
[09:12] | Because they’re afraid of you, Your Holiness. | 因为他们害怕您 教宗陛下 |
[09:16] | Everyone is afraid of you. | 所有人都害怕您 |
[09:18] | You’ve got to cut it out with the fear, Your Holiness. | 您必须消除恐惧 教宗陛下 |
[09:24] | The important thing is that they’re alive. | 重要的是 他们还活着 |
[09:27] | And they haven’t forgotten you. | 他们也没有忘记你 |
[11:46] | That’s the Madonna of the jungle. | 那是丛林圣母 |
[11:49] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[11:52] | Was there something you wanted to tell me, Sister Mary? | 你想告诉我什么吗 玛丽修女 |
[11:58] | The Pope is upset. | 教宗很烦恼 |
[12:02] | The Pope is experiencing a moment of weakness. | 教宗目前十分虚弱 |
[12:06] | The Pope is distracted. | 心烦意乱 |
[12:08] | If you need to have him sign a document | 如果你需要让他签署文件 |
[12:10] | or something of the sort that gets our Church back on course, | 或其他能使我们的教会重回正轨的东西 |
[12:15] | this would be the right time to do it. | 这个时机正合适 |
[12:19] | I’ve done my part. Now you need to do yours. | 我的任务完成了 现在该你了 |
[12:25] | What exactly have you done? | 你到底做了什么 |
[12:27] | You’d better be ready, Voiello. | 你最好做好准备 弗耶罗 |
[12:39] | Someone might see us. | 我们可能会被人看见 |
[13:00] | There is a new preface by Joseph. | 约瑟夫写了篇新的序言 |
[13:05] | I’m depressed, Angelo. | 我很郁闷 安吉洛 |
[13:06] | I don’t give a shit that you are depressed, Michael. | 我不管你郁不郁闷 迈克尔 |
[13:10] | At night, I take care of a disabled boy. | 我每晚都照顾一个残疾男孩 |
[13:12] | Last night, I was looking at him. | 昨晚 我看着他 |
[13:15] | He was drooling and his eyes were blank. | 他流着口水 双眼茫然 |
[13:19] | And I thought to myself, | 我心想 |
[13:20] | “What is the Church doing for this boy?” | “教会在为这个男孩做什么吗” |
[13:23] | And the answer was simple. | 答案很简单 |
[13:25] | The Church is doing nothing. | 教会毫无作为 |
[13:28] | Why? | 为什么 |
[13:29] | What was it doing before Pius XIII? | 庇护十三世即位前 教会又做了什么 |
[13:32] | Are you depressed or suffering from amnesia, Michael? | 迈克尔 你是郁闷还是失忆了 |
[13:35] | Before Pius XIII, | 在庇护十三世即位前 |
[13:37] | the Church was taking care of the poor. | 教会照顾穷人 |
[13:39] | It was also taking care of the poor. | 现在也在照顾穷人 |
[13:42] | But there is a bigger question. | 但还有个更大的问题 |
[13:45] | What is the Church doing | 在更大的层面上 |
[13:46] | on a more general basis? | 教会在做什么 |
[13:48] | It’s not doing anything anymore. | 什么也没做 |
[13:51] | It’s killing time. | 只是消磨时间 |
[13:52] | We have a Church that’s just killing time | 我们的教会只是在消磨时间 |
[13:55] | and has become infinitely marginal. | 并且已经被边缘化 |
[13:58] | That’s exactly what the Pope wants: | 这正是教宗想要的 |
[14:00] | a marginal Church. | 边缘化的教会 |
[14:02] | Small and dead. | 微乎其微 毫无生机 |
[14:04] | He said it, and now he’s done it. | 他这样说 现在做到了 |
[14:08] | He wants to take the Church back to its beginnings. | 他想让教会退回起点 |
[14:10] | In the beginning, all this was nothing more than Peter’s tomb. | 最初 这里不过是圣彼得的坟墓 |
[14:14] | For what purpose? | 他的目的是什么 |
[14:16] | To close himself off, to deny himself, | 封闭自我 否认自我 |
[14:19] | to make himself inaccessible and mysterious. | 使自己触不可及 神秘莫测 |
[14:22] | Sacrifice and suffering to get closer to God. | 接近上帝需要牺牲和苦难 |
[14:27] | In his convoluted logic, | 按照他复杂的逻辑 |
[14:29] | this strategy is supposed to stimulate | 这个策略应该会引发 |
[14:31] | the world’s curiosity and dedication | 全世界的好奇心和奉献精神 |
[14:34] | so that everyone will want to come back | 大家就会想回来 |
[14:36] | to discover the mystery. | 探索奥秘 |
[14:38] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:40] | But none of this is happening. | 但这些都没发生 |
[14:43] | The churches are empty. | 教堂空空荡荡 |
[14:45] | The Mass with the Tridentine rite | 特伦托弥撒 |
[14:47] | would discourage anyone. | 会让所有人失望 |
[14:50] | It’s now harder to become a priest | 现在当神父 |
[14:51] | than it is to become an astronaut. | 比当宇航员还难 |
[14:55] | The Pope is refusing to refinance the missions. | 教宗拒绝重启海外布道 |
[14:58] | Our non-relations with other religions | 我们与其他宗教的关系 |
[15:00] | are tense and dangerous. | 紧张而危险 |
[15:02] | We’ve become few in number, | 我们的信众减少 |
[15:04] | alone, against the rest of the world. | 独自与世界为敌 |
[15:07] | St. Peter’s Square is empty, dreary, and abandoned. | 圣彼得广场无人问津 凄凉惨淡 |
[15:11] | Michael, we have the duty to take steps. | 迈克尔 我们有责任采取措施 |
[15:16] | How? | 怎么做 |
[15:29] | Michael, come see. | 迈克尔 过来看看 |
[15:54] | I know how to get him to resign, Michael. | 我知道如何让他辞职 迈克尔 |
[16:06] | And who… | 谁… |
[16:08] | would this new Pope be? | 会是新教宗 |
[17:09] | Forgive me, Lord, | 主啊 请原谅我 |
[17:11] | for I have deceived, | 因为我欺骗了 |
[17:13] | I am deceiving, | 正在欺骗 |
[17:14] | and I will continue to deceive the Holy Father. | 并将继续欺骗圣父 |
[17:19] | Forgive me, Lord, | 主啊 请原谅我 |
[17:22] | but I can no longer continue to look on | 但我无法再眼睁睁看着 |
[17:24] | at the destruction of the man I love more than I love myself. | 我爱之胜于我自己的人走向毁灭 |
[17:30] | Forgive me, Lord, | 主啊 请原谅我 |
[17:32] | for I cannot continue any longer to look on | 我无法再眼睁睁看着 |
[17:36] | at the destruction of the institution | 我爱之胜于我自己的 |
[17:38] | I love more than I love myself: | 神圣罗马教廷 |
[17:42] | the Holy Roman Church. | 走向毁灭 |
[18:43] | Don’t you agree it’s a crime | 你不觉得鸡尾酒文化的衰落 |
[18:45] | that the cocktail culture is in decline, Your Eminence? | 也是一种罪过吗 主教大人 |
[18:56] | Is it really such a bad thing? | 有这么夸张吗 |
[18:58] | I should say so. | 当然有 |
[18:59] | My father taught me the art of the cocktail when I was 25. | 我父亲在我25岁时就教我鸡尾酒艺术 |
[19:04] | My father was one of the first people in Italy | 我父亲是意大利第一批 |
[19:06] | to devote himself to the art of the cocktail, you know. | 献身于鸡尾酒艺术的人 |
[19:10] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[19:13] | Can you excuse me just a mo… a minute? | 请允许我… 离开一下 |
[19:38] | You’re a murderer. | 你是个杀人犯 |
[19:56] | Did you come for me? | 你是为我而来的吗 |
[20:08] | No, I… no. | 不 我… 不是 |
[20:09] | I came because… | 我来是因为… |
[20:11] | I’ve never felt so alone | 我这辈子从未感觉到 |
[20:14] | and in despair in all my life. | 如此孤单且绝望 |
[20:17] | Angelo Sanchez is dead. | 安吉洛·桑切斯死了 |
[20:19] | And I wanted to die when I first saw you. | 见你第一眼时我也想死 |
[20:22] | I was dying of desire. | 死于欲望 |
[23:05] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[23:06] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[23:10] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[23:11] | Ludovico Meraviglia. | 卢多维科·梅拉维利亚 |
[24:47] | When will they be here? | 他们什么时候到 |
[24:49] | Soon. | 马上 |
[24:51] | They’re clearing Immigration and Passport Control. | 他们在办理入境手续 |
[24:55] | Why don’t you help the time pass by doing a little work? | 不如去做点什么打发下时间吧 |
[25:53] | They are here. | 他们到了 |
[25:57] | Show them in. | 带他们进来 |
[26:41] | Did you send me a gift? | 你们给我送了礼物吗 |
[26:44] | Yes. | 对 |
[26:47] | What did you send me? | 你们送了什么 |
[26:50] | The piece of the pipe you were missing. | 烟斗丢失的那一部分 |
[26:54] | The piece I gave you before I left you. | 我抛弃你前留给你的烟斗 |
[27:03] | How did you know I lost it? | 你怎么知道我丢了那部分 |
[27:08] | From time to time, I would call the orphanage | 我常常会打电话给 |
[27:10] | where you were growing up, | 你长大的孤儿院 |
[27:12] | and they told me you always kept a piece of the pipe with you | 他们告诉我你经常会带着烟斗的一部分 |
[27:15] | but you were missing the other piece. | 但是另一部分丢了 |
[27:21] | How did you find that piece? | 你怎么找到另一部分的 |
[27:22] | I already lost it after you left me at the orphanage. | 你把我留在孤儿院后我才弄丢的 |
[27:28] | Because one day, I was in a shop in Venice, | 因为有一天 我在威尼斯的一家店 |
[27:32] | and I happened to find the same pipe, | 恰好找到了同样的烟斗 |
[27:34] | so I bought it. | 我就把它买下了 |
[27:36] | And I sent you the piece that you had lost. | 把你缺失的那部分送给你了 |
[27:45] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:49] | Now, neither of you move. | 你们两个都别动 |
[28:37] | It’s not them. | 不是他们 |
[28:40] | Valente, expel these impostors from my home | 瓦伦特 马上把这两个骗子 |
[28:45] | immediately. | 赶出我家 |
[29:09] | Who are you, Lenny? | 你是谁 莱尼 |
[29:13] | I’m an orphan. | 我是孤儿 |
[29:16] | Just like you. | 和你一样 |
[29:18] | When are you gonna grow up? | 你什么时候才能长大 |
[29:24] | Never. | 永远都不会 |
[29:25] | A priest never grows up, | 神父永远不会长大 |
[29:26] | because he can never become a father. | 因为他无法成为父亲 |
[29:29] | He’ll always be a son. | 他永远是上帝之子 |
[29:31] | That is why we imposed a vow of celibacy on ourselves 13 centuries ago, | 所以我们从13个世纪前开始宣誓禁欲 |
[29:36] | because we must always be the sons of God, | 因为我们永远是上帝之子 |
[29:40] | never dare try to take His place. | 永远不敢取代祂的位置 |
[29:46] | Do you know why I wanted to meet you up here? | 你知道我为何要在这和你见面 |
[29:50] | No. Why? | 不知道 为什么 |
[29:53] | Because this is where that young Spaniard, | 因为那个年轻的西班牙人 |
[29:56] | Angelo Sanchez, jumped from. | 安吉洛·桑切斯 就是在这一跃而下 |
[30:01] | He wanted to be a priest | 他想成为一名神父 |
[30:05] | and we thwarted him. | 而我们拒绝了他 |
[30:08] | I thwarted him. | 我拒绝了他 |
[30:14] | And now he’s dead. | 现在他死了 |
[30:22] | Lucky him. | 他可真是幸运 |
[30:24] | He’s gonna speak with God. | 他可以和上帝对话了 |
[30:27] | Unlike us, he’s finally gonna find out the way things stand. | 不像我们 他可以找到万物之源了 |
[30:33] | What has become of your pity? | 你的怜悯之心去哪儿了 |
[30:36] | Have you never experienced pity? | 你有过怜悯之心吗 |
[30:45] | I can’t take it anymore, Lenny. | 我受不了了 莱尼 |
[30:50] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[30:52] | I want to go back to Honduras. | 我想回洪都拉斯 |
[30:53] | If you give up now, | 如果你现在放弃 |
[30:55] | now that you’re faced with the burden of responsibility | 那你将面对责任的重担 |
[30:59] | and your own guilty conscience, | 以及良心的谴责 |
[31:01] | when will you ever grow up? | 你何时才能长大 |
[31:06] | When? | 何时 |
[31:14] | Who is betraying me? | 是谁背叛了我 |
[31:17] | Who’s sending actors to my home, | 是谁把演员送到我家 |
[31:19] | palming them off as my long-lost parents? | 让他们扮演我失散多年的父母 |
[31:22] | Who? | 是谁 |
[31:24] | Voiello, Spencer? | 弗耶罗 斯宾塞 |
[31:27] | Tell me, Tommaso. | 告诉我 托马索 |
[31:29] | No. | 不 |
[31:32] | No? What? | 不 什么 |
[31:35] | No. | 不 |
[31:37] | I won’t tell you anything else. | 我什么都不会说 |
[31:41] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[31:43] | Because I’m stupid, it’s true, | 因为我确实不聪明 |
[31:46] | but not that stupid. | 但也没那么蠢 |
[31:49] | Do you resent me for not having made you a cardinal yet? | 你是怨恨我没让你当红衣主教吗 |
[31:52] | Yes, at first, I thought that was the reason | 是的 最开始我认为是这个原因 |
[31:57] | I wouldn’t confide in you again. | 我不会再向你吐露秘密了 |
[31:59] | You’ll assume the purple at the next consistory. | 下一届红衣教会议你就能当选了 |
[32:03] | It doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[32:05] | Because then I identified another reason | 因为之后我发现了另一个理由 |
[32:09] | I won’t ever tell you anything again. | 我不会再告诉你任何事了 |
[32:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:17] | You don’t believe in God, Holy Father. | 你不信仰上帝 圣父 |
[32:22] | You don’t believe in God. | 你不信仰上帝 |
[33:37] | ♪ It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth ♪ | ♪ 这旋律像是 第四和弦 第五和弦 ♪ |
[33:41] | ♪ The minor fall and major lift ♪ | ♪ 时而低沉 时而高亢 ♪ |
[33:45] | ♪ The baffled king ♪ | ♪ 困惑的国王 ♪ |
[33:48] | ♪ Composing Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 谱写了赞美上帝的颂歌 ♪ |
[33:54] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[33:59] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[34:10] | ♪ Your faith was strong, but you needed proof ♪ | ♪ 你的信仰坚定 你也需要证明 ♪ |
[34:18] | You can give him to me, Your Holiness. | 你可以把他给我 教宗陛下 |
[34:20] | – No. – I’m happy to change him. | -不 -我愿意给他换尿布 |
[34:21] | Peter, get some rest. | 彼得 你休息一会 |
[34:24] | I’ll take care of it. | 我会换的 |
[34:28] | ♪ She tied you to her kitchen chair ♪ | ♪ 她把你捆在 她的厨房椅子上 ♪ |
[34:33] | ♪ She broke your throne and she cut your hair ♪ | ♪ 她掀翻了你的王座 砍掉了你的头颅 ♪ |
[34:37] | ♪ And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 在你的唇齿之间 她嗅到了哈利路亚 ♪ |
[34:45] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[34:50] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[34:53] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[34:57] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:01] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:23] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:26] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:30] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:34] | ♪ Hallelujah ♪ | ♪ 哈利路亚 ♪ |
[35:44] | Holy Father, | 圣父 |
[35:46] | the other day, I was reflecting on the fact | 前几天 我在回想一件事 |
[35:49] | that the one thing on which we share a single view | 我们有一件事情观点一致 |
[35:53] | is the management of the Tonino Pettola case. | 那就是托尼诺·佩托拉一案的管控 |
[36:02] | You can never be too careful. | 再小心都不为过 |
[36:04] | Are you afraid of being poisoned, Your Holiness? | 您担心被人下毒吗 教宗陛下 |
[36:07] | Among other things. | 这只是其中之一 |
[36:09] | These are practices that have fallen out of use | 这些做法早就过时了 |
[36:13] | even in the Vatican, Your Holiness. | 即便在梵蒂冈也是如此 教宗陛下 |
[36:16] | So… | 所以… |
[36:22] | Who organized that ridiculous masquerade | 是谁组织了那场荒谬的化装舞会 |
[36:25] | with the fake parents? | 派来了假父母 |
[36:26] | Not me, Your Holiness. | 不是我 教宗陛下 |
[36:28] | I’d find it offensive if you thought I was behind that. | 如果您认为是我在背后操纵 我会觉得被冒犯 |
[36:32] | My methods are far more sophisticated. | 我的方法要精致得多 |
[36:36] | I have to give you that. | 这一点我倒是认同 |
[36:39] | – Who, then? – I don’t know. | -那是谁 -我不知道 |
[36:41] | Believe me. | 相信我 |
[36:42] | I wouldn’t rule out the possibility | 我不会排除这样的可能性 |
[36:44] | that they were a couple of the kind of lunatics | 他们就是一对疯子夫妇 |
[36:48] | who crawl out of the woodwork | 就这样突然冒出来 |
[36:50] | and that our screeners allowed themselves to be taken in. | 连我们的审查人员也上当受骗了 |
[36:55] | Holy Father, I swear to God | 圣父 我向上帝发誓 |
[36:57] | there is no conspiracy against you. | 这里没有针对您的阴谋 |
[37:00] | Only a great deal of sincere concern. | 只有很多真诚的关心 |
[37:04] | What did you have me sign the other day? | 你前几天让我签署的是什么 |
[37:07] | A simplified procedure for ordaining new priests. | 任命新神父的简化程序 |
[37:10] | And why did you have me sign it | 那你为什么不先跟我谈谈 |
[37:12] | without talking to me about it first? | 就让我签署 |
[37:14] | I had the documents delivered to you the night before. | 我已经在之前一晚将文件交给您了 |
[37:18] | I assumed you had read them. | 我以为您已经读过了 |
[37:19] | No. That is not what happened. | 不 不是这样的 |
[37:22] | You knew my head would be in the clouds, | 你知道我心不在焉 |
[37:25] | and you had me hastily sign those documents | 你让我匆匆忙忙地签署了 |
[37:27] | that were completely opposed in their intent | 那些和我所倡导的方向 |
[37:30] | to the direction I’m advocating. | 完全背道而驰的文件 |
[37:32] | No, that’s not right. | 不 您说错了 |
[37:34] | I wanted you to sign the decree simplifying | 我希望您签署法令 |
[37:37] | the procedure for ordaining new priests | 简化任命新神父的程序 |
[37:39] | because the press is attacking us. | 是因为媒体在攻击我们 |
[37:42] | They are calling us murderers, | 他们称呼我们为凶手 |
[37:44] | that with our shortsightedness, | 说正是我们的短视 |
[37:47] | we killed young Angelo Sanchez. | 害死了年轻的安吉洛·桑切斯 |
[37:53] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[37:55] | Did we kill him? | 是我们害死他的吗 |
[37:57] | Do you want the truth? | 您想听实话吗 |
[37:59] | Yes, I want the truth. | 是的 我想听实话 |
[38:03] | No, Holy Father, we didn’t kill him. | 不 圣父 “我们”没有害死他 |
[38:08] | You killed him. | 是您害死了他 |
[39:07] | It’s time to speak the truth. | 是时候说实话了 |
[39:09] | Pius XIII is a total failure. | 庇护十三世彻底失败了 |
[39:16] | I’m gonna resign, Michael. | 我要辞职 迈克尔 |
[39:22] | It’s the only thing left to do. | 只剩这一件事可做了 |
[39:37] | He knows. | 他知道了 |
[40:11] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[40:16] | Yes, you’re Carlos Garcia. | 知道 你是卡洛斯·加西亚 |
[40:19] | And do you know what I do for a living? | 你知道我是做什么的吗 |
[40:25] | I’ve heard that you’re a narco. | 我听说你是毒枭 |
[40:28] | No, I’m not just any narco. | 不 我不是什么普通的毒枭 |
[40:33] | I’m the biggest narco around. | 我是这里最大的毒枭 |
[40:38] | And do you know how I became | 你知道我是怎么成为 |
[40:40] | the biggest narco around? | 这里最大的毒枭的吗 |
[40:45] | By cunning? | 因为狡猾吗 |
[40:47] | No. | 不是 |
[40:49] | By violence. | 是因为暴力 |
[40:53] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[40:54] | No, you don’t understand. | 不 你并不明白 |
[40:59] | Violence, per se, ought not to exist. | 暴力本身不应该存在 |
[41:03] | It does exist when there is a lack of respect. | 当缺乏尊重时 暴力才会存在 |
[41:10] | But there are many different ways to disrespect, | 但是有很多不尊重他人的方式 |
[41:13] | and not all require the use of violence. | 并非都需要使用暴力 |
[41:20] | If you had preached in your Church | 如果你在教堂里传道 |
[41:22] | against the narcos and refused to give me Communion, | 反对毒枭 拒绝给我圣餐 |
[41:28] | I wouldn’t have felt disrespected. | 我不会感到不尊重 |
[41:31] | You would simply be doing your job, | 你只是在做你的本职工作 |
[41:34] | and I wouldn’t have felt obliged to use violence against you. | 我也不觉得有必要对你使用暴力 |
[41:42] | But that’s not what you did. | 但这不是你的做法 |
[41:46] | That’s what the current bishop is doing, | 这是现任主教的做法 |
[41:49] | and he’s right to do so. | 他这样做是对的 |
[41:52] | In fact, no one would dream | 实际上 谁也不会想去 |
[41:56] | to lay a finger on him. | 碰他一根手指头 |
[42:07] | You, however, | 但是 你 |
[42:10] | have chosen another path | 选择了另一种方式 |
[42:11] | for your protests against drug trafficking. | 来表达你对贩毒的抗议 |
[42:16] | You decided to take my wife to bed, | 你决定和我老婆睡觉 |
[42:19] | and that’s not right. | 这样做是不对的 |
[42:20] | That’s not right because now you are putting me | 这样做不对 因为你现在让我处于一个 |
[42:23] | in the odious position of having to decide | 纠结是否要原谅你的 |
[42:26] | whether to forgive you or not. | 极度为难的处境 |
[42:32] | My profound religiosity tells me I… | 我虔诚的宗教信仰告诉我… |
[42:36] | should forgive you. | 我应该原谅你 |
[42:42] | But my professional working ethics… | 但是 我的职业行事原则… |
[42:49] | Tell me the opposite. | 告诉我相反的决定 |
[43:01] | All right, Esteban, let’s go. | 好了 埃斯特班 开车吧 |
[44:30] | God has been evicted. | 上帝已经被驱逐了 |
[44:33] | I’m gonna hand in my resignation. | 我要递交逊位书 |
[44:35] | My papacy is a failure. | 我的教宗任期很失败 |
[44:36] | Never say that again, Lenny. | 再也不要这样说了 莱尼 |
[44:39] | You will be a great Pope, | 您会是一位伟大的教宗 |
[44:41] | the most beloved Pope of them all. | 最受人爱戴的教宗 |
[44:44] | You’ve healed the sick. | 您治愈了病人 |
[44:46] | You’ve made a hopelessly sterile woman pregnant. | 您让一名绝望的不育妇女怀孕了 |
[44:48] | You are a saint. | 您是个圣徒 |
[44:52] | A beautiful saint. | 英俊的圣徒 |
[44:55] | You are the sweet Christ come back to Earth. | 您就是亲爱的基督重回人间 |
[45:01] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[45:08] | Thank you for what you did for me the other day. | 谢谢你前几天为我所做的一切 |
[45:10] | – What did I do for you? – It was wonderful. | -我为您做了什么 -非常美妙 |
[45:12] | That was the loveliest moment of my life, | 那是我一生中最美好的时刻 |
[45:14] | to believe for a fleeting instant | 在那一瞬间我相信 |
[45:18] | that I’d found them again. | 自己又找到了他们 |
[45:20] | For just one moment, I felt like I’d come home. | 那一刻 我好像回到了家 |