时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:52] | You must be Jean. | 你肯定是吉恩 |
[01:53] | I’m Louis. Please, come in. | 我是路易斯 请进 |
[02:00] | I was… expecting somewhere | 我以为会是 |
[02:03] | a bit more… grand. | 更大一点的地方 |
[02:06] | It’s our policy to engage with the client at their level. | 我们的政策是根据客户的层次而和他们协商 |
[02:11] | You thought I’d be more comfortable in a shitty motel | 你觉得我在一所破汽车旅馆里会比在城堡里 |
[02:14] | than a chateau? | 更舒服吗 |
[02:16] | Why don’t you have a seat? | 您请坐吧 |
[02:20] | Took a lot of work to track you down. | 要找你可真费工夫 |
[02:22] | Well, we’re happy to have a high bar of entry. | 我们很满意于这种高门槛 |
[02:25] | Any potential client | 我们都要确保 |
[02:27] | we want to make sure is completely committed. | 任何潜在的客户都非常坚定 |
[02:29] | Oh, I’m– I’m committed. | 我很坚定 |
[02:32] | When I hear the Black Sabbath album for the first time, | 我第一次听到黑色安息日专辑的时候 |
[02:34] | it changed my life. | 那改变了我的生活 |
[02:36] | Black Sabbath? | 黑色安息日 |
[02:37] | You’ve never heard of Black Sabbath? | 你没听说过黑色安息日吗 |
[02:39] | They’re this awesome rock band out of Britain. | 他们是英国最棒的摇滚乐队 |
[02:41] | I thought you’d be all over that shit. | 我以为你会很了解 |
[02:44] | Oh, well, I don’t really listen to much contemporary music. | 我不经常听现代音乐 |
[02:47] | Right, because you’ve got, like, | 没错 因为你 |
[02:50] | the whole back catalogue to choose from. | 有很多可供选择的 |
[02:54] | I bet a lot of the best musicians probably end up… | 我猜许多著名音乐家最后都会 |
[02:58] | i– in your place. | 来找你 |
[03:00] | I’m not at liberty to discuss other clients. | 我不能讨论其他客户 |
[03:02] | Sure. | 当然 |
[03:05] | But… | 但是… |
[03:07] | Robert Johnson? | 罗伯特·约翰逊 |
[03:09] | Keith Richards? Jimi Hendrix? | 基思·理查兹 吉米·亨德里克斯 |
[03:11] | They’re not gonna go up there, are they? | 他们不会上天堂吧 |
[03:13] | Jean, why don’t you have a seat | 吉恩 你先坐下吧 |
[03:14] | and tell me exactly what it is | 告诉我你到底想 |
[03:17] | you want from this arrangement. | 从这次协议中得到什么 |
[03:23] | Everyone else is partying all the time. | 其他人天天开派对 |
[03:27] | Sex, drugs and rock and roll. | 性 毒品 摇滚乐 |
[03:32] | All the dumb bitches | 那些蠢婊子 |
[03:34] | with their cars and their boyfriends | 开着车 谈着男朋友 |
[03:36] | and their apartments and their… hairdos. | 住在公寓里 留着奇怪的头发 |
[03:42] | If they’ve got all that, why shouldn’t I? | 如果他们能拥有这些 我为什么不能 |
[03:45] | Why shouldn’t I… | 我为什么不能 |
[03:47] | fuck all the hot guys | 操帅气的男孩子 |
[03:50] | and live in a huge house and drive a cool car | 住在大房子里 开着炫酷的车 |
[03:53] | and look great all the time? | 任何时候看起来都是完美的 |
[03:56] | I want to do that. | 我也想这样 |
[03:58] | And I want to tell all the dumb-asses who ever got in my way | 我想告诉那些妨碍过我的 |
[04:01] | or told me no or said I was ugly or fat or square | 拒绝我的 说我丑的 说我又胖又圆的蠢货 |
[04:05] | that they can rot in hell. | 你们烂在地狱里吧 |
[04:10] | I guess that last part is kind of your call, | 我想最后这句话应该由你来决定 |
[04:12] | but you know what I mean. | 但你知道我的意思 |
[04:14] | Yes, I think I do. | 我想我知道 |
[04:18] | You’re not exactly giving this the hard sell. | 你并没有强行推销 |
[04:23] | Not really trying to close the deal. | 好像不是很想和我交易 |
[04:25] | That’s not the way we do things. | 我们不是这样办事的 |
[04:27] | It’s very important to me | 对我来说最重要的是 |
[04:29] | that this be one hundred percent your decision. | 这百分百是你自己做出的决定 |
[04:34] | So how does it work exactly? | 这到底会怎么生效的 |
[04:35] | Well, once you’ve made your choice and you’re comfortable with it, | 一旦你做出了选择 而且肯定不变了 |
[04:40] | I have you sign some papers, | 我会让你签一些文件 |
[04:42] | and once I have your signature, | 你签完字之后 |
[04:45] | the transaction is complete. | 交易就完成了 |
[04:48] | Do I have to sign in blood? | 我要用血签字吗 |
[04:50] | Ink will be fine. | 用墨水就行 |
[04:58] | You might want to read it through first. | 你最好先看一遍 |
[05:01] | OK, Dad. | 好吧 老爸 |
[05:03] | At-At least take a look at the– at the last section there. | 至少看一眼最后一部分 |
[05:06] | Item 6.1? | 第六章第一条 |
[05:12] | “Service provider shall retain ownership of the client’s soul | 服务提供者会在一段时间内拥有客户灵魂的所有权 |
[05:15] | for a duration which shall have a floor of eternity | 其时间段上限为永远 |
[05:18] | and a ceiling of… eternity.” | 下限为永远 |
[05:23] | And are you completely comfortable with that? | 你对此完全没有意见吗 |
[05:27] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[05:28] | Yeah, it’s cool. | 完全可以 |
[05:29] | Uh, just forgive my asking, but… | 原谅我冒昧地问一句 |
[05:32] | what are your reasons for believing it’s “Cool”? | 你为什么认为这”完全可以” |
[05:36] | Well, I don’t really believe in a soul. | 我并不相信灵魂 |
[05:38] | Or any of that shit. | 或者其他相关的东西 |
[05:40] | It’s Christian dogma, I’m not into that. | 这是基督教的教条 我不感兴趣 |
[05:43] | Well, I would say that, um, | 要我说 |
[05:47] | a substantial part of our whole setup… | 我们整个机构的很大一部分 |
[05:50] | – is Christian dogma. – Whatever. | -是基督教的教条 -无所谓 |
[05:53] | You believe what you believe, I’ll believe what I believe. | 你相信你所相信的 我相信我所相信的 |
[05:57] | Let’s just agree to disagree. | 我们求同存异吧 |
[06:00] | Ju– Ju– Just so we’re crystal clear on this, uh… | 我们要把这件事说清楚 |
[06:07] | ownership of the soul for eternity, | 灵魂的永远所有权 |
[06:10] | typically, that duration of ownership… | 通常来说 这段所有权内的时间 |
[06:15] | would take place in the underworld. | 将发生在地下世界 |
[06:19] | Specifically, hell. | 准确来说 是地狱 |
[06:27] | Souls? Hell? | 灵魂 地狱 |
[06:31] | You’re really crackin’ me up over here. | 你真是太会逗我开心了 |
[06:33] | Ok. | 好的 |
[06:37] | Bring it on. | 放马过来吧 |
[06:38] | Fill me up with the cash and the drugs and the big, hard dicks! | 用金钱 毒品和大屌来充满我的人生吧 |
[06:42] | Let’s do this! | 我们开搞吧 |
[07:23] | Jean. It’s been a long time. | 吉恩 好久不见 |
[07:28] | Same shitty motel room. | 还是这间破酒店 |
[07:31] | – So tell me, how have you been? – Great. | -告诉我 你过得如何 -很棒 |
[07:34] | Yeah, really great, as a matter of fact. | 说实话 非常棒 |
[07:37] | I’m pleased to hear it. | 我很高兴听到这个 |
[07:38] | People are so snobby about worldly pleasures. | 大家总是用势利眼看待世俗的享受 |
[07:42] | Sex, food, drink, drugs, | 性爱 美食 美酒 毒品 |
[07:45] | sports cars, mansions, yachts, | 跑车 豪宅 游艇 |
[07:48] | helicopters, jewelry, designer clothes, sex. | 直升机 珠宝 设计师服饰 性爱 |
[07:53] | – Did I mention sex? – Yes. | -我说性爱了吗 -说了 |
[07:57] | May I offer you a drink? I have an excellent single malt. | 我能给你来杯酒吗 我有绝佳的威士忌 |
[08:01] | Leonard, it’s great to see you again. | 伦纳德 我很开心再见到你 |
[08:04] | – It’s Louis. – But I was just wondering | -我叫路易斯 -但我只是在想 |
[08:06] | how long this was going to take. | 这要花费多长时间 |
[08:08] | See, I have a private jet | 你瞧 我有一架飞往圣巴茨的 |
[08:11] | to St. Barts on standby. | 私人飞机在待命 |
[08:15] | Well, I’m afraid to say | 恐怕我得告诉你 |
[08:18] | I don’t think you’re going to make that flight. | 我觉得今晚你赶不上飞机了 |
[08:20] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[08:22] | Well, Jean, today is– | 吉恩 今天是 |
[08:25] | how can I put this without sounding clichéd? | 我该怎么说才不显得俗气呢 |
[08:28] | The day of reckoning. | 审判日 |
[08:30] | – The what? – Item 6.1. | -什么玩意 -条款6.1 |
[08:34] | Per our agreement, the company owns your soul. | 根据我们的合同 公司将拥有你的灵魂 |
[08:38] | And today’s the day we… cash it in, so to speak. | 而今天是 这么说吧 我们兑现的日子 |
[08:41] | Let me put this as simply as possible. | 让我尽可能简单地跟你解释 |
[08:45] | You won’t be going to St. Barts tonight. | 你今晚没法去圣巴茨了 |
[08:47] | Instead, you’ll be going to hell… | 相反 你将会去地狱 |
[08:51] | for eternity. | 永生永世 |
[08:53] | You’re not serious. | 你不是认真的 |
[08:55] | I’m completely serious. | 我非常认真 |
[08:57] | Well, I’ll have my lawyer look through this. | 我得让我的律师好好看看 |
[09:00] | I don’t know why this is such a surprise. | 我不知道你为什么觉得如此惊讶 |
[09:02] | You’ll recall that before you signed | 你还记得在你签字之前 |
[09:03] | I did direct you to the appropriate clauses, | 我确实让你过目了重要的条款 |
[09:06] | the terms and conditions. | 服务条款和条件 |
[09:07] | Terms and conditions. | 条款和条件 |
[09:09] | Who reads the goddamn terms and conditions? | 谁会读条款和条件 |
[09:12] | I don’t know, people who are signing away their immortal souls? | 我说不好 把自己永生的灵魂签给他人的人 |
[09:14] | But when I signed this, I didn’t even have a lawyer. | 但我签这些的时候 我都没有律师 |
[09:18] | This is not worth the paper it’s printed on. | 这东西都不值印它的纸值钱 |
[09:22] | We kept our side of the bargain. | 我们信守了我方的诺言 |
[09:23] | You had 50 great years. You said so yourself. | 你拥有了五十年美好的生活 你自己也说了 |
[09:26] | Now it’s time to pay the check. | 但现在到了结账的时候 |
[09:28] | Nobody likes paying the check, | 没人喜欢结账 |
[09:30] | but unfortunately, the check must be paid. | 但很不幸 这账必须得结 |
[09:33] | And the payment is… eternity in hell. | 而款项就是 永生永世在地狱 |
[09:38] | I don’t think so. | 我不同意 |
[09:41] | I get this every time. | 我每次都遇到这种情况 |
[09:43] | Every damn time. | 每一次 |
[09:46] | Is it so much to ask | 在下笔签字前 |
[09:48] | for someone to actually read the words | 让人好好读一下合同中的条款 |
[09:50] | that are written in a contract before they sign it? | 这要求这么过分吗 |
[09:52] | Apparently, it’s the most difficult thing in the world | 显然 对你们这些人来说这是 |
[09:54] | for you people! | 世上最难的事 |
[09:58] | Look on the bright side. | 往好的方面想想 |
[10:00] | You’ll have lots and lots of happy memories | 你有许许多多幸福的回忆 |
[10:03] | to look back on forever! | 可以永远回忆 |
[10:05] | And when you talk about hell, | 当你说到地狱时 |
[10:07] | what do you mean, exactly? | 你指的具体是什么 |
[10:09] | Hell. The famous hell? | 地狱 著名的地狱 |
[10:12] | You’ve seen it in the paintings, the movies? | 你在画作 电影里看见的那个 |
[10:14] | Is this that ironic version of hell? | 这是个讽刺版的地狱吗 |
[10:17] | Like Homer Simpson and the donuts? | 像霍默·辛普森和他的甜甜圈一样吗 |
[10:19] | Homer Simpson– | 霍默·辛普森 |
[10:20] | No! There’s no donuts. It’s not ironic. | 不 那里没有甜甜圈 也不是讽刺 |
[10:24] | There’s no irony down there. | 下面根本没有讽刺 |
[10:26] | This is never-ending torment! | 只有无穷尽的折磨 |
[10:29] | With fire! Lots of fire! | 和烈焰 无止尽的烈焰 |
[10:32] | They love fire! They can’t get enough of it! | 他们喜欢烈焰 特别热衷 |
[10:34] | Hell, though, really? Hell? | 但地狱 真的吗 地狱 |
[10:37] | I mean, with the flames and the naked bodies | 燃烧着烈火和赤裸的身体 |
[10:40] | and the little red guys with pointy tails? | 还有带着尖尾巴的红色小人 |
[10:42] | That’s pretty much the size of it, yes. | 差不多就是这样 没错 |
[10:44] | And heaven is full of clouds? | 那天堂就是充满云彩吗 |
[10:47] | And angels with halos playing harps? | 有带光环的天使弹着竖琴吗 |
[10:50] | I’ve never been myself, but from what I understand, | 我自己从没去过 但据我所知 |
[10:54] | that’s pretty much it. | 差不多就是这样 |
[10:55] | Well, I’m not buying it. | 我不信 |
[11:01] | Would you like to see a preview? | 你想看看预告吗 |
[11:02] | A preview? | 还有预告 |
[11:11] | Oh, Jesus! | 天哪 |
[11:14] | Jesus fucking Christ! | 我的天啊 |
[11:27] | So as I was saying– | 我刚说到… |
[11:29] | I didn’t realize! | 我当时不知道 |
[11:31] | I-I didn’t realize! | 我当时不知道 |
[11:33] | Yeah, I’d like to say that you get used to it eventually, | 我本来想说你以后会习惯的 |
[11:36] | but I don’t think you really ever do. | 但我觉得你可能不行 |
[11:38] | And that happens for eternity? | 他们会永远这样吗 |
[11:41] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[11:45] | Jean… | 吉恩 |
[11:46] | I know this may look harsh or unfair, | 我知道这看起来很残忍 或者很不公平 |
[11:50] | but remember, everyone’s down there for a reason. | 但是记住 关在这里的所有人都是有原因的 |
[11:54] | Either they sold their souls for earthly pleasures like you did, | 他们不是像你这样为了世俗的愉悦而出卖了灵魂 |
[11:58] | or they were just… major league assholes. | 就是只是单纯的…大混蛋 |
[12:02] | Well, this is not gonna happen. | 绝对不能这样 |
[12:04] | Jean, it’s what always happens. | 吉恩 都会变成这样的 |
[12:06] | Well, not with me. | 我不会 |
[12:10] | George, it’s Jean. | 乔治 我是吉恩 |
[12:12] | I have this contra– Hey! | 我签了合同… |
[12:16] | I’ve watched a thousand lawyers read a thousand contracts | 我见过上千名律师用上千种不同的语言 |
[12:19] | in a thousand different languages, | 读上千份合同 |
[12:21] | many of which have since died out. | 有很多种语言至今已经灭绝了 |
[12:23] | There’s no loophole. You sold your soul. | 根本没有漏洞 你出卖了你的灵魂 |
[12:27] | And you’re going to hell. Forever. | 你会下地狱 永远 |
[12:30] | The end. | 结束 |
[12:43] | Look, Jean, you had 50 great years. | 吉恩 你过了快乐的50年 |
[12:45] | Some people don’t get 50 great minutes! | 有的人连享受50分钟的机会都没有 |
[12:50] | What are you sighing about? | 你叹什么气 |
[12:51] | I’m the one that’s going to hell. | 要下地狱的可是我 |
[12:54] | Do you know how depressing it is | 你知道定期把人 |
[12:56] | to send people to ceaseless torment | 送往无尽的折磨中 |
[12:59] | on a regular basis? | 是多么压抑的事吗 |
[13:01] | It’s a real bummer. | 真的很难过 |
[13:03] | I’m so sorry. | 真是不好意思 |
[13:05] | Are you getting blisters on your hands | 你因为经常拿着干草叉 |
[13:07] | from all the pitchfork-wielding? | 手上都长茧了吗 |
[13:09] | – Poor you. – Yeah. You asked for it. | -小可怜 -是你自找的 |
[13:12] | You literally signed up for it. | 你自己签下的 |
[13:14] | But you’re all stupid, mostly. | 但你们大多都很愚蠢 |
[13:17] | You regret it at the end, | 最后你们都会后悔 |
[13:18] | and then you come back with cirrhosis of the liver | 拖着患有肝硬化的身体 |
[13:21] | and a trail of broken relationships. | 与支离破碎的家庭关系而来 |
[13:22] | I don’t have either. | 我都没有 |
[13:24] | And I’ve had a really, really good time. | 我过得非常非常好 |
[13:27] | I must say it took me a while to get used to it, | 不过我也是过了一段时间才习惯 |
[13:30] | but once I got into the swing of it, | 但一旦我适应了 |
[13:33] | I must say I loved it. | 我就爱上了那种感觉 |
[13:35] | Being a hard-headed, hedonistic asshole | 做一个只顾享乐的固执混蛋 |
[13:38] | really worked for me. | 真的很适合我 |
[13:41] | Well, I’m certainly glad you made the most of it. | 我很高兴你进行了充分的利用 |
[13:43] | There was a turning point, | 不过在一个转折点时 |
[13:45] | a moment when things really became clear to me. | 我突然明白了很多事 |
[13:49] | I was fucking this guy, and fucking with his head, | 我当时在干一个小伙子 把他吃得死死的 |
[13:53] | he was crying and begging, | 他哭着求我 |
[13:55] | and I realized that I had a choice. | 我突然意识到我是有选择的 |
[13:58] | I could be sympathetic, or I could just not give a shit, | 我可以有同情心 我也可以根本不在乎 |
[14:02] | turn my compassion off like a light switch. | 像关灯一样关掉我的良心 |
[14:06] | And I chose option two. | 我选择了后者 |
[14:09] | So I went on fucking him and fucking with him | 于是我就继续干他 直到我无聊了 |
[14:12] | until I got bored, and then I tossed him away. | 就把他丢在了一边 |
[14:16] | I never turned that switch back on. | 我后来再也没有开过那个开关 |
[14:19] | And I did some terrible things. | 我做了一些很糟糕的事 |
[14:21] | That was just the beginning. | 那只是一个开头 |
[14:23] | I did awful things. Really bad. Terrible. | 我做了很可怕的事 非常可怕 |
[14:27] | Really evil. | 非常邪恶 |
[14:31] | Oh, boy. | 天 |
[14:35] | I thought you’d be interested in this, | 我以为你会感兴趣呢 |
[14:38] | being the devil and everything. | 毕竟你是恶魔呢 |
[14:39] | I’m not the devil, I just work for the devil. | 我不是恶魔 我只是为恶魔工作 |
[14:42] | Oh, so you’re a demon? | 那你是魔鬼吗 |
[14:43] | What? No! I’m not a demon! Fuck those assholes! | 什么 不 我不是魔鬼 去他们的 |
[14:48] | I’m more of an executive assistant to the devil. | 我更应该算是恶魔的执行助手 |
[14:52] | – Cool. – Yeah, it was cool… | -不错 -的确不错 |
[14:55] | at first. | 一开始还不错 |
[14:58] | But a few millennia on, | 但是过了几个世纪 |
[15:00] | and I’m really just so tired of the whole thing, | 我真的厌倦了这一切 |
[15:05] | if I’m honest. | 说实话 |
[15:07] | I thought I was cut out for this, | 我以为我习惯了 |
[15:09] | but I have bad dreams. | 但我会做噩梦 |
[15:12] | Horrible dreams. Every night. | 每晚都会做可怕的梦 |
[15:16] | All this damnation, it doesn’t… | 我不能安然地接受 |
[15:19] | sit well with me. | 这些地狱诅咒 |
[15:22] | My digestion is shot to fuck. | 我的消化系统快崩溃了 |
[15:27] | I just don’t know how much longer | 我只是不知道我还能 |
[15:28] | I can keep doing this. | 撑多久了 |
[15:31] | Well, if sending people to hell is making you feel so bad, | 如果送人下地狱让你这么难受 |
[15:35] | I have a suggestion. | 我有一个建议 |
[15:37] | – Stop. Just say no. – Take my word for it. | -停手 直接拒绝 -听好了 |
[15:39] | Eternal damnation would be a day at the beach | 要是我不干了 他会对我干的事 |
[15:43] | compared to what he would do to me if I walked out. | 会让永恒地狱折磨看上去就像是海边度假 |
[15:45] | Well… | 那么 |
[15:47] | you know, maybe there’s an answer– for both of us. | 也许 有个让我们双赢的答案 |
[15:51] | What? | 什么 |
[15:53] | Well, how about if I took over? | 不如我来接手 |
[15:56] | Took over? | 接手 |
[15:57] | I could take over your job as demon… | 我可以接手你作为魔鬼的工作 |
[16:00] | – I’m not a demon. – …and then you could retire | -我不是魔鬼 -然后你就能退休 |
[16:02] | and take up waterskiing or whatever. | 去冲浪什么的 |
[16:05] | Think about it. It’s a win-win. | 好好想想 这是双赢 |
[16:07] | I mean, you wouldn’t be crucified for leaving your post, | 你也不会因为渎职而受到惩罚 |
[16:10] | and I would avoid an eternity of torment. | 我也不会受到永远的折磨 |
[16:14] | Maybe… it’s a possibility. | 也许…是可行 |
[16:20] | You would be directly involved | 你会直接接触 |
[16:22] | in a vast amount of suffering. | 巨大的痛苦 |
[16:24] | I’m not sure any human being could deal with that. | 我不知道人类能否承受 |
[16:26] | Well, I’m not your average human being. | 我可不是普通的人类 |
[16:29] | I’ve been in training for this my whole life. | 我这一辈子都在为这一刻做准备 |
[16:32] | And I feel so connected to your brand– the whole evil thing. | 我觉得我和你的这些邪恶的东西很有共鸣 |
[16:36] | I mean, it’s really me. | 这是真正的我 |
[16:37] | OK, I get that you’re a sociopathic narcissist. | 我知道你是一个反社会的自恋狂 |
[16:40] | But for something like this, | 但是面对这种事 |
[16:41] | you’d really need to crank it up to the next level. | 还是完全不是一个档次的 |
[16:43] | Bring it on. | 来吧 |
[16:45] | Because if you take the job | 因为如果你接下这份活 |
[16:47] | and then decide you can’t handle it, | 然后我觉得自己承受不住 |
[16:48] | that would rebound very badly on me. | 那你可要承担非常严重的后果 |
[16:51] | How about you let me prove myself? | 不如你让我来证明我自己 |
[16:54] | How do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:55] | Dustin! Dustin? | 达斯汀 达斯汀 |
[17:00] | I just got off the phone with the air strip | 我刚联系了气带部门 |
[17:02] | – and the pilots on standby– – No. Don’t worry about that. | -飞行员在待命… -不 别管那些了 |
[17:04] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[17:06] | This is Louis. Louis, Dustin. | 这是路易斯 路易斯 这是达斯汀 |
[17:09] | Hi there. | 你好 |
[17:11] | Would you like a drink? | 你要喝点什么吗 |
[17:13] | Oh, no, I’m– – | 不 我… |
[17:14] | Louis and I have been discussing | 我和路易斯在讨论 |
[17:16] | a very interesting career opportunity. | 一个很有趣的职业机会 |
[17:19] | – For me. – OK. | 是我的 -好的 |
[17:21] | I know how supportive you’ve been to me in my career, | 我知道你一直很支持我的职业 |
[17:25] | and I know that you would want me | 我知道你希望我 |
[17:26] | to pursue any opportunities that came my way. | 能够抓住出现在我面前的所有机会 |
[17:29] | Uh, yeah, I’d be happy to help in any way that I can. | 是的 只要能帮忙 我很乐意 |
[17:32] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[17:34] | Louis and I want to give you an opportunity | 我和路易斯想给你一个 |
[17:36] | to experience something | 几千年来 |
[17:38] | that millions have argued about for millennia. | 受到上百万人争议的一个体验机会 |
[17:42] | Think of it as a reward for your years of service. | 就当是奖励你这几年来尽心尽力的付出 |
[17:46] | Now finish your drink, | 赶紧喝完 |
[17:48] | and I’m going to start you on your fantastic voyage. | 我要为你准备完美的旅途了 |
[17:54] | In a moment I’m going to ask you to open the bathroom door. | 过一会 我会让你打开卫生间的门 |
[17:59] | And when you do, you will be amazed at what you see. | 到时候 你会非常惊讶 |
[18:02] | Amazed and astonished. | 可以说是大吃一惊 |
[18:05] | But first I just want to tell you how pleased I am | 但是首先 我想告诉你我很高兴 |
[18:08] | to have been working with you over the last two years. | 这两年与你共事的时间 |
[18:11] | – It’s been five, actually– – And I just want to thank you | -其实是五年 -我想谢谢你的 |
[18:13] | for your patience and your forbearance. | 耐心和容忍 |
[18:15] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[18:22] | What are you doing?! | 你在干什么 |
[18:29] | Do I get the job? | 我得到这份工作了吗 |
[18:32] | Well… | 那个 |
[18:33] | Take my Porsche. | 开走我的保时捷吧 |
[18:35] | Drive it to the airport, | 开到机场 |
[18:37] | and take the jet to St. Barts. | 坐飞机去圣巴茨 |
[18:39] | Take a mansion. Take all my mansions! | 拿走我的一幢别墅 拿走我所有的别墅吧 |
[18:42] | Oh, seriously, I am so up for this. | 真的 我很期待这份工作 |
[18:45] | It’s empowering! It’s exhilarating. | 真是令人激动 令人窒息 |
[18:49] | I finally found the job for me! | 我终于找到我命中注定该做的工作了 |
[18:53] | Let me just ask my supervisor. | 我去问一下我的上级 |
[19:03] | – He’s OK with it. – Yes! | -他说可以 -太好了 |
[19:07] | Oh, boy, um– | 天啊 |
[19:09] | There’s a lot of politics, OK? | 有很多内斗的 好吗 |
[19:11] | Everyone’s always jockeying for position. | 所有人都虎视眈眈的 |
[19:13] | They want to be the boss’s best buddy, | 他们都想成为老大的宠儿 |
[19:15] | they’re trying to get in with the guys in the ninth circle. | 他们想要混进去 和第九圈的人一起 |
[19:17] | Just watch your back, that’s all I’m saying. | 我只能叮嘱你 小心点 |
[19:20] | – Good luck! – Thank you! You too! | -祝你好运 -谢谢 你也是 |
[19:23] | Oh, who’s that? | 谁啊 |
[19:25] | Shit! It’s my next appointment. | 该死 这是我的下一个预约 |
[19:26] | No, it’s my first appointment! | 不 这是我的第一个预约 |
[19:31] | – Hi! Come on in! – Hi. | -你好 请进 -你好 |
[19:33] | Oh. I thought there’d only be one of you here. | 我以为只有一个人 |
[19:35] | There is. Me! I’m Jean. | 就是我 我叫吉恩 |
[19:38] | Louis was just about to take off. | 路易斯刚要出发 |
[19:40] | Another customer about to be satisfied. | 又是一个马上要完成心愿的客人 |
[19:44] | So you’re a musician. | 你是音乐家 |
[19:46] | Yep, that’s why I’m doin’ this. | 是的 所以我才要这么做 |
[19:49] | I just wanna be the greatest rock star on the planet, ya know? | 我只想成为这世界上最伟大的摇滚明星 |
[19:52] | Well, good luck with that. | 那么 祝你好运了 |
[19:54] | She doesn’t need luck. She has us. | 她不需要好运 她有我们 |
[19:57] | – I don’t actually drink. – You don’t drink? | -我不喝酒 -你不喝酒 |
[20:00] | No, I’m straight edge. I’m just all about the music. | 不 我很规矩的 一切都是为了音乐 |
[20:03] | Well, what’s the point of being a musician | 要是不能用来上床 |
[20:05] | if you don’t use it to get fucked? | 你还当什么音乐家 |
[20:07] | In every sense of the word. | 从任何意义上来说都是 |
[20:10] | I just love playing, | 我就是喜欢表演 |
[20:12] | and I wanna be the best that I can be | 我希望能成为最棒的 |
[20:14] | and for everyone to hear it. | 让所有人都能听到 |
[20:17] | How incredibly noble. | 多么高尚啊 |
[20:20] | Beth, right? | 你叫贝丝吧 |
[20:22] | – Yeah, sit down for a sec. – OK. | -是的 先坐一会儿 -好的 |
[20:25] | I have to ask you. | 我想问你 |
[20:27] | If it’s all about the music for you, | 如果你都是只为了音乐 |
[20:30] | why do this? | 为什么要这么做 |
[20:31] | Why not just practice even harder? | 为什么不更加努力地练习呢 |
[20:34] | She wants to take the fast track, Louis. | 她想抄近道 路易斯 |
[20:36] | That’s what it is. I mean, | 就是这么简单 |
[20:38] | why take the stairs when you can take the elevator? | 如果你能坐电梯 那为什么还要走楼梯呢 |
[20:41] | Ah, but the elevator doesn’t just go up, | 但是电梯不仅会上行 |
[20:43] | it also goes down. | 还会下行 |
[20:45] | Beth has made a great effort to come here tonight | 贝丝做出了很多努力 今晚才来到了这里 |
[20:48] | and sign a deal. | 签署协议 |
[20:50] | Now, you and I have already made our deal. | 我和你已经完成了我们的协议 |
[20:53] | So I think it’s only right that you left | 我觉得你应该赶紧离开 |
[20:56] | so that Beth and I can do ours. | 让我和贝丝自己办事 |
[20:59] | I guess I’m just very ambitious. | 我觉得我只是太有野心了 |
[21:02] | And with streaming, | 单单直播的话 |
[21:03] | it’s really hard to get a major label to back you. | 很难让自己赢得什么很重要的标签 |
[21:07] | I’m on Bandcamp and SoundCloud and– | 我参加了班达姆比赛和云听比赛 |
[21:12] | I’m just looking for all the help I can get, you know? | 我只是想用尽一切办法 |
[21:14] | Well, what if you approached some of the mini-majors, you know? | 那你为什么不去参加那些小比赛呢 |
[21:16] | Because they can get your stuff– | 那些比赛能让你… |
[21:18] | She wants to take the elevator! | 她想用电梯 |
[21:20] | She’s been very clear about that. | 她已经表达得很清楚了 |
[21:22] | She’s always been a “Fuck the stairs” Kind of girl. | 她一直都是”去他的楼梯”这种类型的女孩 |
[21:26] | Now, I’m cool with that, and Beth is cool with that. | 我不介意 贝丝也不介意 |
[21:30] | The only one apparently not cool with that is you. | 显然唯一介意的人就是你 |
[21:33] | And I think it’s time now that you fuck off | 我觉得你该滚蛋了 |
[21:36] | and let Beth and I start the adventure of a lifetime. | 让我和贝丝开始人生的冒险 |
[21:54] | You don’t need to worry | 你不用担心 |
[21:55] | about reading the boring terms and conditions. | 要看那些无聊的条款和条件 |
[21:59] | Just sign, and know that we will just be amazed at your talent. | 直接签字吧 我们会为你的天赋而惊叹 |
[22:18] | Hey, um, Beth, before you sign that, | 贝丝 在你签字之前 |
[22:21] | I do have to get out of here, but I just have a– | 我要离开这里的 我只是有个 |
[22:23] | it’s kind of a weird favor. | 奇怪的不情之请 |
[22:27] | I would love to experience your musical talent firsthand. | 我想亲身体验一下你的音乐天赋 |
[22:30] | So… would you sing me a song? | 所以 你能给我唱一首歌吗 |
[22:34] | Which one did you have in mind? | 你想听什么 |
[22:36] | Oh, um, how about “O Christmas Tree”? | 《啊 圣诞树啊》怎么样 |
[22:39] | Sure. It’s… seasonal, I guess. | 好啊 这首歌很应季吧 |
[22:45] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[22:48] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[22:51] | *Thy leaves are so unchanging* | *你的树叶永远长青* |
[22:58] | *Not only green* | *就算是* |
[23:01] | *When summer’s here* | *在夏天* |
[23:04] | *But also when* | *就算是* |
[23:07] | *’Tis cold and drear* | *在寒冷的冬天* |
[23:11] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:13] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:17] | *Thy leaves are so unchanging* | *你的树叶永远长青* |
[23:21] | – I mean, she’s pretty good. – Don’t be a pussy. | -她真的很厉害 -别优柔寡断的 |
[23:25] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:27] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:30] | *Much pleasure thou canst give me* | *你带给我多少快乐* |
[23:37] | *How often has the Christmas tree* | *圣诞树能让我* |
[23:42] | *Afforded me the greatest glee* | *拥有多少欢乐* |
[23:48] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:50] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[23:53] | *Much pleasure thou canst give me* | *你带给我多少快乐* |
[23:59] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[24:01] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[24:05] | *How richly God has decked thee* | *上帝让你如此美丽* |
[24:11] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[24:13] | *O Christmas tree* | *啊 圣诞树啊* |
[24:16] | *How richly God has decked thee* | *上帝让你如此美丽* |
[24:29] | I think I found something. | 我觉得我找到了什么 |
[24:32] | Or it found me. | 或者是它找到了我 |
[24:38] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[24:39] | No, no, no. Hold on, hold on. No. | 不不不 等等 |
[24:42] | Do not disturb. | 别打扰我 |