时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | My papacy is a failure. | 我的教宗任期很失败 |
[00:13] | You’ve healed the sick. | 您治愈了病人 |
[00:14] | You are a saint. | 您是个圣徒 |
[00:18] | They’ve found something wrong with me. | 他们说我身体出了问题 |
[00:19] | I’m not sure what it is. | 但还不确定是什么 |
[00:22] | You truly are my spiritual father. | 你不愧是我精神上的父亲 |
[00:25] | You will go to New York to investigate the Kurtwell case. | 你去纽约调查科特威尔一案 |
[00:29] | I only know how to live inside these walls. | 我只知道如何在这些城墙内生活 |
[00:32] | My papacy won’t let the harm done | 我的教会绝不会漠视 |
[00:34] | to even a single child slip away into indifference. | 任何一个孩子受的伤害 |
[00:37] | Holy Father, reliable sources say that. | 圣父 可靠信源说 |
[00:40] | Kurtwell is blackmailing you. | 科特威尔在威胁您 |
[00:42] | Is that true? | 是真的吗 |
[01:07] | God isn’t for you, Lenny. | 上帝不适合您 莱尼 |
[01:10] | God is for men who have no use for freedom. | 上帝适合那些厌弃自由的人 |
[01:16] | You’re wrong about abortion. | 你对堕胎的态度是错的 |
[01:20] | You’re spreading a sorrow you don’t even understand. | 你在扩散你并不了解的悲伤 |
[01:24] | And that’s the worst thing a human being can do. | 这是人类最恶劣的行径 |
[01:28] | You’ve made the kind of mistake | 你犯下的错误 |
[01:29] | that should have been avoided at all costs: | 是应该不惜一切代价避免的 |
[01:32] | introducing concepts that, taken by themselves, are true | 你所说的概念 单独看来都是真理 |
[01:36] | but which, when lumped together, | 但是一旦合并起来 |
[01:37] | constitute a system that’s overly rigid. | 就太过死板 |
[01:44] | When it comes to abortion, rigidity is the only option. | 在堕胎这个问题上必须死板 |
[01:48] | There’s no getting around it. | 不可避免 |
[01:50] | It’s a crime, forbidden and punished | 这是犯罪 “出埃及记”21章 |
[01:54] | in the book of Exodus 21: 22-25. | 22至25节中明令禁止并规定了惩罚 |
[01:58] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[02:02] | “22, When men have a fight and injure a pregnant woman | “第22节 当男人们打架弄伤了孕妇 |
[02:05] | and she suffers a miscarriage but no further injury, | 孕妇除流产外没有受到别的伤害 |
[02:09] | the guilty one shall be fined | 有罪者应答应 |
[02:11] | as much as the woman’s husband demands, | 女子丈夫所有的要求 |
[02:14] | and he shall pay in the presence of the judges. | 而且要在法官的见证下付出代价 |
[02:18] | 23,But if injury ensues, you shall pay life for life. | 第23节 如造成其他伤害 该一命偿一命 |
[02:23] | 24, Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, | 第24节 以眼还眼 以牙还牙 |
[02:26] | hand for hand, foot for foot. | 以手还手 以足还足 |
[02:30] | 25, Burn for burn, wound for wound, | 第二十五节 以烙还烙 以伤还伤 |
[02:31] | stripe for stripe.” | 以打还打” |
[02:36] | The Church has always maintained this tradition, | 教会始终如一坚持着这个传统 |
[02:39] | and it is only modern laxity | 只有现代社会的散漫纵容 |
[02:43] | that wishes to turn sins into rights. | 渴望把罪过修饰成人权 |
[02:48] | Not to encourage them… | 不是为了鼓励他们… |
[02:51] | No one is actually in favor of abortion… | 没有人真正支持堕胎 |
[02:54] | But to undermine the principle of authority. | 只是为了动摇原则的权威性 |
[02:57] | Come on, Lenny. | 行了 莱尼 |
[02:59] | You know these verses | 你知道这些句子 |
[03:00] | are a little more complicated than that. | 没你说的那么简单 |
[03:03] | Yes, the litigant pays damages in the case of an abortion | 没错 犯堕胎罪的人要付出代价 |
[03:07] | or suffers death if the woman dies in the course of losing the baby, | 甚至可能会在这一过程中失去生命 |
[03:13] | but that’s not what this is about. | 可重点不是这个 |
[03:15] | This is about compassion, empathy. | 这是关于同情和慈悲 |
[03:19] | Bouvier? | 布维耶[法国女权主义者] |
[03:20] | Are you seriously gonna waste my time | 你真的要浪费我的时间 |
[03:22] | with the Bouvier nonsense? | 听布维耶的鬼话吗 |
[03:24] | Post-revolutionary France? | 后革命时期的法国 |
[03:26] | Or the bullshit of Saint Alphonsus? | 还是圣阿方萨斯的胡说八道 |
[03:28] | It isn’t bullshit, Lenny. | 这不是胡说 莱尼 |
[03:31] | That abortion is a grave moral disorder | 堕胎是严重的道德失调 |
[03:34] | is not open for debate. | 这没什么好争论的 |
[03:37] | That’s what Saint John Paul II said, | 圣约翰·保罗二世是这么说的 |
[03:39] | and those three words… | 那三个词… |
[03:40] | “grave,” “moral,” and “disorder”… | “严重的” “道德” “失调”… |
[03:43] | Are based on papal infallibility. | 是基于教宗的绝对真理性 |
[03:46] | And yet, in 1591, Pope Gregory XIV, | 然而 1591年 教宗格来葛里十四世 |
[03:53] | with the Sedes Apostolica bull, | 发表圣座通谕 |
[03:57] | restricted excommunication | 将驱逐范围缩小至 |
[03:59] | to the abortion of an ensouled fetus, | 堕掉有灵魂的胎儿的人 |
[04:02] | introducing a distinction that argues against | 这就区分了界限 |
[04:07] | lumping together disparate situations. | 不再将各种情况混为一谈 |
[04:13] | I’m sick and tired of distinctions. | 我厌倦了这些区分了 |
[04:16] | Even for Saint Thomas Aquinas | 甚至圣托马斯·阿奎那也是 |
[04:18] | and right up until the middle of the 19th century, | 直到十九世纪中期 |
[04:21] | abortion was said to take place | 在胎儿有了灵魂 |
[04:23] | only after the ensoulment of the fetus, | 也就是孕期三个月以后 |
[04:26] | and that occurs in the third month of pregnancy. | 才能称之为是堕胎 |
[04:30] | Science is the gift of God, | 科学是上帝的礼物 |
[04:32] | and God taught us that ovulation is spontaneous. | 而上帝告诉我们排卵是自发的 |
[04:37] | Ask a woman about that. | 你随便去找女人问问 |
[04:39] | Back when it was still believed | 过去人们相信 |
[04:41] | that there were two kinds of insemination… | 受孕过程分两种… |
[04:44] | Male insemination involving sperm, | 男性需要提供精子 |
[04:46] | female insemination involving eggs… | 女性需要提供卵子… |
[04:48] | It was considered a sin not to give a woman pleasure. | 剥夺女性的快感是一种罪恶 |
[04:52] | But then, when it was discovered that ovulation was spontaneous, | 然后 人们发现排卵是自发的 |
[04:57] | the cost was several billion female orgasms. | 上亿女性失去了高潮 |
[05:02] | But it made psychoanalysts rich. | 但这让精神分析学家发财了 |
[05:06] | The one profession that involves no work | 这份唯一不需要工作还能 |
[05:09] | and a great deal of money | 赚一大笔钱的职业 |
[05:10] | that we let slip through our fingers. | 我们放任它从指尖溜走了 |
[05:16] | I implore you, Lenny, | 我请求你 莱尼 |
[05:18] | reconsider your position on abortion. | 重新考虑你在堕胎上的立场 |
[05:22] | Tough in principle, soft in practice. | 原则上强硬 实践上宽松 |
[05:37] | Abortion is saying no to life. | 堕胎是对生命的否定 |
[05:42] | Who gives a damn about life? | 谁他妈在乎生命 |
[05:47] | Life is not some stupid centerpiece | 生命不是满是虚无的桌上 |
[05:49] | on the side table of nothingness. | 一个愚蠢的饰品 |
[05:52] | Life is meant to be used and to be used well, to love and be loved. | 生命是要好好利用的 去爱和被爱 |
[06:00] | And let me remind you | 让我提醒你 |
[06:01] | what Saint Alphonsus said about abortion: | 圣阿方萨斯对堕胎的观点 |
[06:04] | in an abortion, everyone is guilty, | 和堕胎有关的人都是有罪的 |
[06:08] | except for the woman. | 除了那个女人 |
[06:14] | What if it wasn’t only true of abortion? | 如果这句话不止对堕胎成立呢 |
[06:18] | What if, in things of life, | 如果说在生活中 |
[06:20] | everyone is guilty, except for the woman? | 每个人都有罪 除了女人 |
[06:31] | Are you talking about your mother? | 你说的是你母亲吗 |
[06:35] | Who else could I be talking about? | 我还能说谁 |
[07:19] | 三名神父接受调查 涉嫌性侵丑闻 | |
[08:26] | And what is happening to me today? | 今天我有什么安排 |
[08:28] | At 10:00, Robert Lee, the new chairman of the Tea Party. | 今天10点 见茶党[保守党右翼人士]新领袖罗伯特·李 |
[08:30] | At 11:15, a brief meeting with the chancellor of Stanford University. | 11:15 和和斯坦福大学校长有短会 |
[08:34] | At 1:00, lunch with the governor | 下午1点 和州长共进午餐 |
[08:35] | to fine-tune plans for the evening’s events. | 来调整晚上活动的安排 |
[08:38] | How long has it been since you’ve seen your father? | 你多久没见你爸了 |
[08:42] | He’s no longer my father. He’s only my governor. | 他不再是我爸了 只是我的州长 |
[08:44] | Don’t you miss him? | 你不想他吗 |
[08:47] | He doesn’t miss me. I don’t miss him. | 他不想我 我不想他 |
[08:50] | I miss everyone. | 我想所有人 |
[08:53] | But more than anyone else, | 但在所有人中 |
[08:54] | the person I miss is Mr. Jack Walser. | 我最想杰克·瓦尔泽 |
[09:00] | He was the superintendent of the building where we lived, | 他是我们过去住处的房东 |
[09:02] | before the Lord called me to Him. | 那时我还不是神父 |
[09:05] | He’d divided the tenants into two categories: | 他把他的住客分为两类 |
[09:10] | the “natives” and the “nomads.” | “本地人”和”流浪者” |
[09:15] | One day, Jack rang our doorbell | 一天 杰克按响了我们的门铃 |
[09:20] | at 10:00 in the morning, | 在早上十点 |
[09:23] | confident that Lucy and I would be at school. | 他以为我和露西都在学校 |
[09:26] | But that day, we were in bed, sick with a fever, | 但那天 我们都发烧躺在床上 |
[09:32] | happy to be safe at home. | 很开心可以安全待在家里 |
[09:37] | Through the bedroom door, | 透过卧室门 |
[09:40] | I saw my mother offer him a cup of coffee, | 我看到我妈给他端了杯咖啡 |
[09:44] | which Jack drank it standing up | 杰克站着喝完了 |
[09:46] | because he didn’t want to get the chair wet | 因为他的衣服被雨淋湿了 |
[09:48] | with his rain-drenched clothes. | 不想弄湿椅子 |
[09:53] | No doubt, there was something bad he had come to say, | 他无疑有坏消息要宣布 |
[09:57] | something important. | 重要的事情 |
[10:00] | And then Mr. Walser announced to my mother | 然后瓦尔泽先生告诉我妈妈 |
[10:03] | that the landlords had decided to implement | 房东们决定 |
[10:07] | a substantial rent hike with… | 上涨房价… |
[10:15] | With a caress. | 他想抚摸我妈妈 |
[10:18] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[10:21] | With a caress. | 抚摸 |
[10:24] | That never really happened, | 最后没有碰到 |
[10:29] | but that still came close | 可还是差点 |
[10:30] | to brushing against my mother’s drab hair | 就碰到了妈妈褐色的头发 |
[10:35] | and my hair and Lucy’s | 我的头发 露西的头发 |
[10:39] | and the hair of our father | 以及我父亲的头发 |
[10:42] | lying in a hotel somewhere in the city | 他不知在城市某处旅馆 |
[10:44] | with his lover in his arms, | 怀里抱着情人 |
[10:46] | listening to the rain… | 听着雨声… |
[10:52] | The way we were. | 像我们曾经那样 |
[10:56] | We nomads moved out of the apartment at night | 我们这些流浪者当晚就搬出了公寓 |
[11:00] | so we wouldn’t be seen by the… | 所以我们就不会被… |
[11:03] | by the natives, | 本地人看到 |
[11:06] | but at the bottom of the stairs, Mr. Walser was waiting, | 但是在楼梯下面 瓦尔泽先生在等着我们 |
[11:10] | and he shook our hands, one by one, | 他跟我们一一握手 |
[11:15] | and he said something to me that I’ve never understood, | 他说了些我永远无法理解的话 |
[11:18] | which is why I still remember it. | 因此我到现在都还记得 |
[11:22] | He said to me, | 他跟我说 |
[11:24] | “Always get a seat | “永远要坐在 |
[11:26] | “at the back of the train, | 火车的最后面 |
[11:30] | because it’s safer.” | 因为那里更安全” |
[11:40] | Why does our Spanish prosecutor not go home to his Pope? | 我们的西班牙检察官为什么不回去找他的教宗 |
[11:44] | I couldn’t say. | 我不知道 |
[11:46] | What does he do here? | 他在这干什么 |
[11:48] | He walks. He drinks. He sleeps. | 他行走 喝酒 睡觉 |
[11:51] | He drinks. He walks. He drinks. | 再喝酒 行走 喝酒 |
[11:56] | He’s battling against death. | 他在与死亡斗争 |
[11:59] | Which is the least interesting of any of the battles | 这是我们被召唤的所有斗争中 |
[12:01] | we’re ever summoned to fight. | 最为无趣的一场较量 |
[12:16] | It’s too late. | 太晚了 |
[12:19] | It’s too late for what? | 什么太晚了 |
[12:22] | For everything, Your Eminence. | 一切都是 主教大人 |
[12:40] | Hello, Pete. | 你好 皮特 |
[12:43] | Have you five minutes for me? | 能给我五分钟吗 |
[12:46] | Sure, Father Gutierrez. | 当然 古铁雷斯神父 |
[12:48] | I was just wondering if you had a chance to think it over. | 我在想你是否好好考虑过了 |
[12:52] | Yeah. I thought it over. | 我考虑过了 |
[12:55] | And I decided I’m not gonna press charges | 我决定不起诉 |
[12:58] | against Archbishop Kurtwell. | 科特威尔大主教 |
[13:03] | Why… why not? | 为… 为什么 |
[13:05] | None of the others filed charges, | 其他人不提出指控 |
[13:07] | but at least they got plenty of cash. | 至少是因为拿到了钱 |
[13:09] | You didn’t even get that. | 你甚至都没拿钱 |
[13:10] | And have you ever asked yourself | 你有没有想过 |
[13:11] | why they took the money and I didn’t? | 为什么他们拿了钱 而我没拿 |
[13:15] | No, I haven’t. Why didn’t you? | 没有 你为什么没拿呢 |
[13:19] | Because I have my dignity. | 因为我有自尊 |
[13:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[13:25] | So… | 所以… |
[13:28] | If you have so much dignity, | 如果你这么有自尊 |
[13:31] | file charges against that man. | 就向他提出指控 |
[13:33] | That man is evil incarnate. | 那个男人是恶魔的化身 |
[13:38] | Why are you crying now? | 你为什么哭 |
[13:40] | Pete, you know I’m right. | 皮特 你知道我说得对 |
[13:42] | Bernardo… can I call you Bernardo? | 伯纳多… 我能叫你伯纳多吗 |
[13:46] | Yes. Of course you can. | 当然 |
[13:50] | Forget about me. | 忘了我吧 |
[14:14] | Hi, Freddy. | 你好 弗雷迪 |
[14:16] | Ciao, Bernardo. | 你好 伯纳多 |
[14:29] | How’s training coming along? | 最近训练怎么样 |
[14:31] | I’ve been gradually intensifying. | 我越来越强了 |
[14:35] | Nice. | 不错 |
[14:38] | Did you think over my proposal? | 你考虑过我的提议了吗 |
[14:40] | What proposal? | 什么提议 |
[14:44] | What do you mean, “What proposal?” | 你这话是什么意思 |
[14:47] | The idea of you giving me a hand in nailing Kurtwell. | 你帮我揭发科特威尔的事 |
[14:53] | That worm just drools when he sees you. | 那恶心虫一见你就垂涎三尺 |
[14:56] | Not me. | 不是我 |
[14:59] | I drool when I see you, Bernardo. | 我看到你时也是 伯纳多 |
[15:07] | All you’d have to do is go out with him one night. | 你只要和他出去一晚上 |
[15:11] | You could just stop before things went too far. | 你可以在事情失控前就叫停 |
[15:16] | And in the meantime, I’ll find a hiding place | 与此同时 我会找一个隐蔽的地方 |
[15:19] | and take pictures. | 偷拍下照片 |
[15:20] | Freddy. | 弗雷迪 |
[15:22] | Freddy, you are my last hope. | 弗雷迪 你是我最后的希望 |
[15:26] | Bernardo, you’re gonna leave here when you’re done. | 伯纳多 你完事之后就会离开这里 |
[15:28] | But I got to spend the rest of my life here, you understand? | 但我这辈子都得待在这里 你明白吗 |
[15:32] | I can’t afford to cross a man like Kurtwell. | 我惹不起科特威尔这样的人 |
[15:34] | He’s one of the most powerful men in Queens. | 他是皇后区权势最大的人之一 |
[15:36] | You can understand that, right? | 你能理解的 对吧 |
[15:44] | Don’t resent me for it, Bernardo. | 不要因此怨恨我 伯纳多 |
[15:48] | I never resent anyone. | 我从不怨恨任何人 |
[15:51] | That’s my main problem. | 这是我最大的问题 |
[16:48] | Hello, Freddy. | 你好 弗雷迪 |
[16:56] | What do you want, Freddy? | 你想要什么 弗雷迪 |
[16:58] | Just tell me what you want, and you’ll have it. | 告诉我你要什么 我就给你 |
[17:01] | I want to become a great tennis player | 我想成为伟大的网球运动员 |
[17:03] | and win the Grand Slam. | 并且赢得大满贯 |
[17:05] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[17:07] | Then you’ll have it. | 你能如愿 |
[17:13] | Get out of here, asshole. | 滚出去 混蛋 |
[17:21] | But… | 但是… |
[17:42] | They told me the date. | 他们跟我说了日子 |
[17:44] | It’s for next week. | 就是下周 |
[17:46] | It’s just one day of the year, Rose? | 只是一年中的一天 罗斯 |
[17:50] | An ordinary date. | 一个平常的日子 |
[17:51] | They’re gonna empty me out, Bernardo. | 他们要把我清空 伯纳多 |
[17:56] | They’ve given me a 60% chance of dying. | 他们说死亡概率有60% |
[17:59] | 40% chance of living. | 只有40%可能性活下来 |
[18:05] | And if I refuse… | 如果我拒绝… |
[18:10] | They can’t even begin to guess at my life expectancy. | 他们甚至都不知道我还能活多久 |
[18:15] | But I’m not gonna refuse, | 但我不会拒绝 |
[18:17] | ’cause I need to start running this hotel again. | 因为我得重新开始运营这旅馆 |
[18:22] | And I can’t keep doing it from here. | 我在这不能重新开始 |
[18:26] | Through six silent security monitors. | 靠着六台无声的监视器 |
[18:31] | Isn’t it nice to live… | 像这样… |
[18:34] | silent and flat on your back? | 平静地躺着生活不好吗 |
[18:37] | No. It’s horrible. | 不好 太糟糕了 |
[18:39] | We all deserve the right to start over, Bernardo. | 我们都有重新开始的权利 伯纳多 |
[18:47] | But you know what the funny thing is? | 但你知道有趣的是什么吗 |
[18:50] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[18:52] | How I’ll leave this place. | 我要如何离开这地方 |
[18:56] | How will you leave? | 你要怎么离开 |
[19:00] | Through there. | 从那里 |
[19:08] | They’re gonna have to tear out the wall, | 他们要把墙拆了 |
[19:11] | turn it all into one gigantic window, | 把它变成一扇巨大的窗 |
[19:16] | and out I’ll go. | 我就从那出去 |
[19:18] | Dangling in midair. | 在空中晃荡着 |
[19:21] | Lifted by a crane. | 被起重机吊起来 |
[19:26] | It’ll be a spectacular sight. | 这肯定很壮观 |
[19:29] | I’ll be so ashamed. | 我肯定会很难为情的 |
[19:34] | I have to go now. | 我必须得走了 |
[19:38] | I’m going to write to the Pope. | 我要给教宗写信 |
[19:42] | It sounds so surreal when you put it that way. | 你说这话的时候感觉有点不真实 |
[20:06] | 庇护十三世 教宗陛下收 00120 梵蒂冈圣城 教宗宫殿 | |
[20:22] | 我能说的就是这些 您忠诚的伯纳多·阿隆索·古铁雷斯 | |
[20:29] | I’d like to put together a press release | 我想发布一篇新闻稿 |
[20:31] | categorically denying the rumors | 断然否认有关 |
[20:33] | about murky relations between you and Kurtwell. | 你和科特威尔之间模糊关系的谣言 |
[20:37] | A press release that states loud and clear | 新闻稿会强有力地表明 |
[20:40] | this Pope is blackmail-proof. | 这任教宗不可被威胁 |
[20:44] | If, as you say, this Pope is blackmail-proof, | 如果 像你所说的 教宗不可被威胁 |
[20:48] | there’s no need to say so. | 那就没必要申明 |
[20:50] | That’s the point, Holy Father. | 重点就在这 圣父 |
[20:53] | On a strictly confidential basis, | 在私下里 |
[20:55] | I need to know myself. | 我必须明确一下 |
[20:57] | Can Kurtwell blackmail you in any way? | 科特威尔有威胁您吗 |
[21:35] | Lenny… | 莱尼… |
[21:43] | You think you’re the hinge. | 你以为自己是铰链 |
[21:51] | But you’re the door. | 但你其实是门 |
[22:37] | Ventris tui, lesus. | 主与你同在 |
[22:39] | Sancta Maria, mater Dei. | 天主圣母玛利亚 |
[23:19] | I love you all. | 我爱你们 |
[23:28] | Where have Esther, Peter, and little Pius gone? | 以斯贴 彼得和小庇护去哪儿了 |
[23:33] | To Ostia. | 去奥斯蒂亚了 |
[23:35] | They live in a house by the beach. | 他们住在海边的小屋里 |
[23:39] | Peter is a private security guard now. | 彼得现在做私人保镖 |
[23:47] | Weren’t they happy here? | 他们在那快乐吗 |
[23:51] | Holy Father, | 圣父 |
[23:54] | life in the Vatican is not much fun for young people. | 梵蒂冈的生活对年轻人来说并不十分快乐 |
[24:05] | Holy Father? | 圣父 |
[24:07] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[24:09] | Everyone here says that you’re a saint. | 所有人都说您是位圣徒 |
[24:20] | Calumny. | 诽谤 |
[24:34] | Show me where you live. | 给我看看你住的地方 |
[25:38] | When you want to, | 你想的话 |
[25:40] | you can come home. | 可以回家 |
[25:47] | I haven’t accomplished anything with Kurtwell. | 关于科特威尔案 我没有任何进展 |
[25:51] | Doesn’t matter. Come home. | 没关系 回家吧 |
[25:54] | I’ll be waiting. | 我会等你 |
[26:05] | Archbishop, your diocese is currently undertaking | 大主教 您的教区目前正在进行 |
[26:08] | numerous projects aimed at revitalizing the neighborhood. | 众多项目 旨在振兴当地 |
[26:11] | Can you give us more details about that? | 能告诉我们更多细节吗 |
[26:13] | Well, we have put a lot of money and time | 这些年来 我们对这片地区投入了 |
[26:17] | over the years into this neighborhood, | 很多金钱和时间 |
[26:20] | and I think that through sports, | 我认为通过体育 |
[26:22] | well, we’ll be able to make a contact with the youth in the area | 我们可以与当地年轻人交流 |
[26:27] | and… and to help instill in them | 并且… 有助于灌输他们 |
[26:30] | some of the values consistent with Christian life. | 一些符合基督教生活的价值观 |
[26:34] | Among the many sports projects | 在您的教区所支持的 |
[26:36] | that your diocese supports, many involve tennis. | 众多体育项目中 很多涉及网球 |
[26:39] | Why tennis specifically? | 为什么特别选择网球呢 |
[26:41] | Well, I… | 这个 我… |
[26:42] | I love tennis, | 我爱网球 |
[26:44] | and it’s been a lifelong passion of mine. | 这是我一生的爱好 |
[26:46] | And you probably didn’t know, | 而且你可能不知道 |
[26:48] | but this area is very famous for tennis for a long time, | 这片地区长久以来以网球而闻名 |
[26:51] | and I think that tennis just offers a chance | 我认为网球是很好的机会 |
[26:54] | for excellent instruction of a man’s soul. | 可以正确地指引一个人灵魂 |
[26:57] | The elements of tennis… concentration, self-worth… | 网球的要素… 专注 自我价值… |
[27:01] | there’s a lot of things that go into making | 成为一个优秀的网球运动员 |
[27:03] | a great tennis player. | 需要很多因素 |
[27:04] | And, you know, it’s a responsibility of the Church | 而且 教会的责任之一 |
[27:08] | to help these children grow up… | 就是帮助这些孩子成长… |
[27:10] | Hic est enim calix sanguinis mei, | 因为这是我 |
[27:16] | novi et aeterni testamenti, | 立约的血 |
[27:19] | mysterium fidei, | 信德的奥迹 |
[27:22] | qui pro vobis et pro multis effundetur | 为多人流出来 |
[27:26] | in remissionem peccatorum. | 使罪得赦 |
[27:29] | Haec quotiescumque feceritis, | 你们要这样做 |
[27:33] | in mei memoriam facietis. | 为的是纪念我 |
[27:52] | Yes, I’d be glad to. | 好 我很乐意 |
[27:56] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:55] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[28:57] | David. | 大卫 |
[29:00] | David what? | 姓什么 |
[29:02] | Just David. | 叫我大卫就行 |
[29:22] | Why are you following me? | 你为什么跟着我 |
[29:28] | I used to skate only on the weekends | 我以前只在周末溜冰 |
[29:34] | and only with my family. | 只和我的家人一起 |
[29:37] | Then one night, we were having dinner, | 然后一天晚上 我们在吃晚饭 |
[29:40] | and my daughter, Kate, | 我的女儿 凯特 |
[29:44] | who was 12 at the time, | 当时十二岁 |
[29:47] | says that that meal… | 她说那顿饭… |
[29:52] | Was like being in a shark tank. | 像在鲨鱼池里吃的 |
[29:56] | That’s what my wife and I had become. | 我和我妻子在她心里成了 |
[29:58] | A shark tank. | 鲨鱼池 |
[30:02] | Now I skate alone, | 现在我一个人滑冰 |
[30:07] | even during the week, but… | 工作日也滑 但… |
[30:11] | it’s not the same anymore. | 一切截然不同了 |
[30:18] | Tanistone is my last name. | 我姓丹尼斯通 |
[30:23] | And it was my mother’s last name too. | 跟我妈妈姓 |
[30:27] | Why are you following me? | 你为什么跟着我 |
[30:33] | Haven’t you discovered it yet? | 你还没发现吗 |
[30:37] | You’re the missing link between me | 你是我和我所有问题的根源 |
[30:40] | and the source of all of my problems. | 之间缺失的那一环 |
[31:25] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[32:10] | Why are you and the Holy Father | 你和教宗为什么 |
[32:12] | so determined to get me? | 这么对我不依不饶 |
[32:16] | Because for years, you were so determined | 因为多年来 你不依不饶地 |
[32:18] | to get all those innocent children. | 伤害那些无辜的孩子 |
[32:22] | That’s libelous slander. | 那是恶意诽谤 |
[32:25] | And I could bring you up on charges tomorrow morning. | 我可以在明天早上对你提出指控 |
[32:28] | You don’t have any solid evidence against me. | 你没有确凿证据来告我 |
[32:30] | What else do you want? | 你还想要什么 |
[32:32] | What does Pius XIII want from me? | 庇护十三世想要我干什么 |
[32:34] | The Holy Father wants from you a statement | 圣父要你发表 |
[32:36] | that resembles the truth. | 符合事实的声明 |
[32:37] | The truth is, I know Lenny Belardo very well. | 事实是 我非常了解莱尼·伯纳多 |
[32:42] | We shared power | 我们在纽约 |
[32:43] | in New York for years. | 共事好多年 |
[32:45] | And the truth is, he’s always envied me. | 事实是 他一直很嫉妒我 |
[32:48] | He envies me my charisma because he lacks that quality. | 他嫉妒我的个人魅力 因为他缺乏那种品质 |
[32:52] | That’s the one and only statement that resembles the truth. | 这是唯一符合事实的声明 |
[32:55] | Be reasonable, please. | 请理智一点 |
[33:02] | The Pope has no reason to envy a sick old priest | 教宗没理由要嫉妒一个病恹恹的 |
[33:05] | who’s devastated by very grave accusations. | 受到严重指控而崩溃的老神父 |
[33:10] | Your thesis doesn’t hold together. | 你的理论不堪一击 |
[33:15] | Let me reveal something to you, Father Gutierrez. | 我来告诉你点真相 古铁雷斯神父 |
[33:19] | You don’t matter. | 你不重要 |
[33:21] | Not at all. | 一点也不 |
[33:22] | You can stay in Queens till the day I die, | 你可以在皇后区待到我死 |
[33:24] | and it won’t change a thing. | 什么都不会变 |
[33:26] | The Pope can’t get to the bottom of things with me, | 教宗无法把我的事追查清楚 |
[33:28] | and he knows that perfectly well. | 他心知肚明 |
[33:31] | Because it would lead to pure pandemonium. | 因为这会导致大骚动 |
[33:37] | I pity you, Gutierrez. | 我同情你 古铁雷斯 |
[33:40] | You’re just a bit player | 在教皇组织的 |
[33:42] | in a cheap piece of amateur theatricals | 这场廉价的业余戏剧中 |
[33:45] | organized by your Pope. | 你只是个小角色 |
[34:26] | Our friends out there tonight, | 今晚收音机前的朋友们 |
[34:28] | we’re glad to have you with us. | 我们很高兴能陪伴你们 |
[34:29] | I’m David Attouche, | 我是大卫·阿图什 |
[34:30] | keeping you up to date with today’s biggest hits. | 让您随时掌握当今最热门的歌曲 |
[34:34] | David. | 大卫 |
[34:36] | You’re listening to 104.9. | 您正在收听的是104.9 |
[34:38] | Is Kurtwell your father? | 科特威尔是你的父亲吗 |
[34:40] | Do you remember that girl that was skating this evening? | 你还记得今天傍晚滑冰的那个女孩吗 |
[34:46] | That was a moment. | 那是个奇妙的时刻 |
[34:48] | Because only you and I saw it, out of the whole world. | 因为在全世界 只有你和我看到了 |
[34:52] | I felt close to you. | 我觉得离你很近 |
[34:55] | I sensed that your despair was the same as mine. | 我感觉到你的绝望和我的一样 |
[35:00] | That was the moment I thought to myself… | 那一刻 我心想… |
[35:02] | Enjoy this next track. | 请欣赏下一首曲目 |
[35:04] | “I trust this man.” | “我相信这个人” |
[35:16] | Yes, I thought, | 是的 我想 |
[35:20] | “Here is a good man. | “他是个好人 |
[35:24] | And I’m a good man too. | 我也是个好人 |
[35:26] | So I’ll tell that good man | 所以我会告诉那个好人 |
[35:30] | the things he wants to know.” | 他想知道的事情” |
[35:35] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:38] | Kurtwell is… my father. | 科特威尔是… 我的父亲 |
[35:46] | But that’s not the point. | 但这不是重点 |
[35:51] | The point is the horror. | 重点是恐惧 |
[36:20] | I’m not afraid of dying, | 我不怕死 |
[36:24] | but because I suffer from vertigo, | 但我一到高处就会头晕 |
[36:27] | I am afraid of being swung out of this place | 我怕被吊出这里 |
[36:30] | through that hole in the wall | 穿过墙上的那个洞 |
[36:32] | and being dangled in midair. | 被悬挂在半空中 |
[36:35] | Don’t worry. | 不用担心 |
[36:38] | I’ll be there to comfort you. | 我会陪着你的 |
[36:43] | And then I’ll go back to Rome. | 然后我就要回罗马 |
[36:55] | You’re going back to Rome? | 你要回罗马了吗 |
[36:57] | Yes. I’m done with my work here. | 是的 我在这里的工作完成了 |
[37:04] | You come say good-bye to me now. | 你现在是来和我告别的 |
[37:07] | But I’m not leaving yet. | 可我现在还没走 |
[37:10] | No. No, you come say good-bye to me now. | 不 不 你现在是来和我告别的 |
[37:40] | Breathe, Bernardo. | 呼吸 伯纳多 |
[37:43] | I’m the one who’s gonna die. | 要死的人是我 |
[37:48] | Rose, please. | 罗丝 拜托 |
[37:49] | Bernardo, we’re breathing the same air. | 伯纳多 我们在呼吸同样的空气 |
[38:10] | All of you… leave now. | 你们现在… 都出去 |
[38:39] | No. Not you, Lenny. | 不 你留下 莱尼 |
[39:06] | Tell it to me. | 告诉我吧 |
[39:12] | Just this one time. | 就这一次 |
[39:18] | Let me die knowing | 走之前让我知道 |
[39:21] | I didn’t believe in God in vain. | 上帝是存在的 |
[39:28] | Tell it to me, Lenny. | 告诉我吧 莱尼 |
[39:36] | All right. | 好 |
[40:10] | Let’s go say hello to Billy. | 去和比利打个招呼 |
[40:12] | I’d rather not. I’m scared. | 我不想去 我害怕 |
[40:13] | But we must. | 我们必须去 |
[40:15] | Billy is a friend of yours. His mother is dying. | 比利是你们的朋友 他的妈妈行将就木 |
[40:18] | And he needs the comfort you can give him. | 他需要你给他安慰 |
[40:33] | Thanks for coming, Sister Mary. | 谢谢你能来 玛丽修女 |
[40:35] | Please. | 请进 |
[40:50] | Billy, your friends are here. | 比利 朋友们来了 |
[41:12] | Let me get you something. | 我去给你们拿点喝的 |
[41:36] | Sister Mary, can I go see Billy’s mother for a minute? | 玛丽修女 我能看望一下比利的妈妈吗 |
[41:39] | I’d like to pray beside her. | 我想在她身边 为她祈祷 |
[41:46] | Of course. | 可以 |
[42:29] | Lord, we must talk about Billy’s mother. | 主啊 我们必须来谈谈比利的妈妈 |
[42:31] | Now. We must talk. You and I. | 就现在 我们必须谈一谈 就你和我 |
[42:35] | And no one else can hear. | 没有第三者能听到我们 |
[45:07] | Billy’s mother… is still alive. | 比利的妈妈… 还活着 |
[45:15] | Your mother is still alive too. | 你的妈妈也还活着 |
[45:21] | And you’ll find her. | 你会找到她的 |
[45:38] | Now… | 现在… |
[45:43] | At last… | 终于… |
[45:49] | Time to die. | 我该走了 |
[48:50] | Bring me back! | 放我回去 |
[48:53] | Bring me back! | 当我回去 |
[49:20] | To what do I owe the honor of your presence? | 是什么风把您吹来了 |
[49:23] | I have orders to accompany you to the Vatican, | 我受命和你一同前往梵蒂冈 |
[49:26] | where you’ll be given a fair trial. | 你将在那里接受一场公正的审判 |
[49:29] | We have a flight for Rome tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午 我们将乘飞机前往罗马 |
[49:32] | It’ll only be a big waste of time. | 那只是在浪费时间 |
[49:35] | For me and for you. | 对你我来说 都是 |
[49:37] | You don’t have any solid evidence, you and your Pope. | 你和教宗都没有切实的证据 |
[49:41] | None. | 没有 |
[49:43] | Only the demented ravings of a lunatic | 只是听了一个橘色头发的疯子 |
[49:47] | who goes around with orange hair. | 几句风言风语 |
[49:49] | No one will believe you. No one. | 没人会信你们的 没有人 |
[49:53] | We don’t just have that testimony. | 我们不光有证词 |
[49:57] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[49:59] | Just what do you think you have? | 你觉得你能有什么 |
[50:44] | This is Kurtwell. Hello, Lenny. | 我是科特威尔 你好 莱尼 |
[50:48] | Even though you let it ring and ring, | 哪怕你一直不接 |
[50:50] | I know you were waiting for my call. | 我也知道你在等我的电话 |
[50:53] | Do you really want me to come to Rome | 你真的想让我来罗马 |
[50:54] | and be subjected to a trial and found guilty? | 受到审判并被判有罪吗 |
[50:57] | I’m afraid it’s absolutely necessary. | 恐怕非这样不可 |
[51:02] | Then one second after I land in Rome, | 那么我踏上罗马的时候 |
[51:05] | you’re gonna see all the things I have on you | 我手里握着的关于你的料 |
[51:07] | in all the newspapers of the world. | 就会出现在全世界的报纸上 |
[51:10] | Go right ahead. | 那就去吧 |
[51:13] | The world will probably like it. | 世人可能会喜欢的 |
[51:16] | The world’s always ready for love. | 世界总是呼吁爱的 |
[51:49] | This is Archbishop Kurtwell. | 我是大主教科特威尔 |
[51:50] | Is this a bad time? | 现在方便吗 |
[51:53] | That depends. | 那要看是什么事了 |
[51:55] | I have some confidential information about the Pope. | 我这里有教宗的机密消息 |
[51:59] | And I have proof. | 我还有证据 |
[52:00] | To be perfectly frank, it’s more than information. | 坦白地说 这不光是消息 |
[52:03] | These are ticking time bombs. | 而是定时炸弹 |
[52:07] | In that case, this is a very good time. | 那现在非常方便 |
[52:10] | Especially for a journalist. | 特别是对记者来说 |
[52:11] | What’s the subject? | 是什么东西 |
[52:14] | I’m not talking about it on the phone. | 我不会在电话里说 |
[52:35] | You see the kind of thing we’re talking about here? | 知道这是什么东西了吧 |
[52:38] | Letters that our Pope wrote | 都是教宗这些年来写给 |
[52:40] | to his California girlfriend over the years. | 他的加州女友的信件 |
[52:44] | We have a Pope with a very active emotional life. | 我们这位教宗的感情生活相当精彩 |
[52:50] | Where did you find them? | 你在哪儿找到的 |
[52:52] | I took over a position | 我接受了 |
[52:53] | that was previously held by Belardo. | 之前伯拉多的位置 |
[52:56] | I took over his desk. | 他的桌子就归我了 |
[52:58] | Belardo made the error of leaving these letters | 伯拉多犯了个错 他不该把这些信件 |
[53:01] | at the back of a drawer. | 落在一个抽屉的最里面 |
[53:04] | Did you read them all? | 你都看完了吗 |
[53:06] | Only the pertinent passages. | 只看了相关段落 |
[53:08] | The steamier ones are the ones that prove | 那些火辣的词句证明 |
[53:11] | that Belardo has had a woman for years. | 数年来 伯纳多都有一位爱人 |
[53:17] | You should have read them all… | 你真该把这些都… |
[53:19] | and with care. | 仔细看完 |
[53:22] | In this last one, he states | 在最后 他写道 |
[53:23] | that he’ll never send these letters to that woman | 他永远都不会把这些信寄给那位女人 |
[53:27] | because he’s married to God. | 因为他皈依了上帝 |
[53:30] | Do you have any evidence that they were ever mailed? | 你有这些曾被寄出的证据吗 |
[53:32] | Any envelopes with canceled stamps? | 有附有盖戳邮票的信封吗 |
[53:35] | No. | 没有 |
[53:38] | No, I don’t. | 我没有 |
[53:43] | Well, in that case, my good Archbishop Kurtwell, | 那这样的话 科特威尔大主教 |
[53:46] | you don’t have any news for me. | 你并没有为我带来任何新闻 |
[53:49] | No bomb, no scandal. | 所谓的炸弹和丑闻都不存在 |
[53:51] | A stack of love letters that were never mailed isn’t news. | 一叠从未寄出的情书并不是新闻 |
[53:55] | It’s strictly literature. | 严格意义上来说 这是文学 |
[54:17] | Pack the bags. | 打包行李 |
[54:19] | Call the chauffeur. | 叫司机 |
[54:22] | You no longer have a car. | 你没有车了 |
[54:25] | I put in a request to have it confiscated. | 我打了申请 将它充公 |
[54:29] | The Cardinal Secretary of State accepted my request. | 国务卿主教批准了我的申请 |
[54:34] | We are going to take the train to the airport. | 我们要乘火车去机场 |
[54:42] | On one condition. | 我有一个条件 |
[54:45] | What condition? | 什么条件 |
[54:48] | That we sit in the last car in the train. | 我们要坐最后一节车厢 |
[54:53] | It’s the safest. | 那是最安全的 |
[55:00] | ♪ What I would do to take away ♪ | ♪ 我要如何抹去 ♪ |
[55:04] | ♪ This fear of being loved ♪ | ♪ 对被爱的恐惧 ♪ |
[55:06] | ♪ Allegiance to the pain ♪ | ♪ 对痛苦的忠诚 ♪ |
[55:09] | ♪ Now I’m fucked up ♪ | ♪ 现在我一团糟 ♪ |
[55:11] | ♪ And I’m missing you ♪ | ♪ 想念着你 ♪ |
[55:13] | ♪ He’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 他无法像你一样 ♪ |
[55:17] | ♪ I would give anything to change ♪ | ♪ 我愿意放弃一切来改变 ♪ |
[55:21] | ♪ This fickle-minded heart ♪ | ♪ 反复无常的心 ♪ |
[55:23] | ♪ That loves fake shiny things ♪ | ♪ 追寻着虚无的光 ♪ |
[55:26] | ♪ Now I’m fucked up ♪ | ♪ 现在我一团糟 ♪ |
[55:28] | ♪ And I’m missing you ♪ | ♪ 想念着你 ♪ |
[55:30] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[55:34] | ♪ I’m only human, can’t you see ♪ | ♪ 我只是个普通人 你知道吗 ♪ |
[55:36] | ♪ I made, I made a mistake ♪ | ♪ 我犯了错 ♪ |
[55:39] | ♪ Please just look me in my face ♪ | ♪ 请你直视我 ♪ |
[55:41] | ♪ Tell me everything’s okay ♪ | ♪ 告诉我一切都好 ♪ |
[55:43] | ♪ ‘Cause I got it ♪ | ♪ 我知道 ♪ |
[55:46] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[55:50] | What is more beautiful, my love? | 亲爱的 此二者孰美 |
[55:52] | Love lost or love found? | 错失的爱 还是得到的爱 |
[55:55] | ♪ Please just look me in my face ♪ | ♪ 请你直视我 ♪ |
[55:58] | Don’t laugh at me, my love. | 别笑话我 亲爱的 |
[56:00] | I know it. | 我知道的 |
[56:01] | I’m awkward and naive | 当谈起爱情时 |
[56:04] | when it comes to love. | 我总是笨拙又天真 |
[56:07] | And I ask questions straight out of a pop song. | 我的问题出自一首流行歌曲 |
[56:09] | ♪ How do I make you want to stay ♪ | ♪ 我怎么才能留住你 ♪ |
[56:11] | ♪ Hate sleeping on my own ♪ | ♪ 厌倦了一个人睡 ♪ |
[56:13] | ♪ Missing the way you taste ♪ | ♪ 想念你的味道 ♪ |
[56:15] | This doubt overwhelms me | 这个问题始终困扰着我 |
[56:18] | and undermines me, my love. | 让我越发不坚定 亲爱的 |
[56:19] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[56:21] | – To find… – Hey, Daniel. | -我该去寻找… -丹尼尔 |
[56:24] | – Or to lose. – How do I look? | -还是就这样错过 -怎么样 |
[56:26] | All around me, people don’t stop yearning. | 我身边的人们总是在渴望爱 |
[56:28] | Did they lose, or did they find? | 他们错失了还是得到了 |
[56:32] | I can’t say. | 我说不准 |
[56:33] | ♪ Now I’m fucked up ♪ | ♪ 现在我一团糟 ♪ |
[56:35] | ♪ And I missing you ♪ | ♪ 想念着你 ♪ |
[56:36] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[56:37] | An orphan has no way of knowing. | 作为一个孤儿 我无从得知 |
[56:40] | An orphan lacks a first love. | 作为一个孤儿 我缺少最初的爱 |
[56:42] | A love for his mama and papa. | 爱自己的爸爸妈妈 |
[56:44] | That’s the source of his awkwardness, | 所以我才这么笨拙 |
[56:48] | his naivety. | 又天真 |
[56:51] | You said to me, | 你曾在 |
[56:53] | on that deserted beach in California, | 加州荒弃的沙滩上对我说 |
[56:56] | “You can touch my legs.” | “你可以摸摸我的腿” |
[57:00] | But I didn’t do it. | 但我没有 |
[57:03] | There, my love, is love lost. | 亲爱的 爱就这样错失了 |
[57:08] | That’s why I never stopped wondering since that day | 因此从那天起我一直好奇 |
[57:12] | where you’ve been | 你去哪儿了 |
[57:14] | and where you are now. | 如今又身在何方 |
[57:18] | And you, shining gleam of my misspent youth, | 而你 作为我虚度青春里的一抹华光 |
[57:23] | did you lose, | 你错失了爱 |
[57:25] | or did you find? | 还是得到了爱 |
[57:29] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[57:31] | And I’ll never know. | 我也永远不会知道 |
[57:35] | I can’t even remember your name, my love. | 亲爱的 我甚至记不住你的名字 |
[57:40] | And I don’t have the answer. | 也得不到答案 |
[57:44] | This is how I like to imagine it, the answer. | 我喜欢这样想象这个答案 |
[57:50] | In the end, my love, | 在最后 亲爱的 |
[57:52] | we have no choice. | 我们别无选择 |
[57:55] | We have to find. | 我们都要去寻找 |
[58:00] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[58:04] | ♪ I’m only human, can’t you see ♪ | ♪ 我只是个普通人 你知道吗 ♪ |
[58:07] | ♪ I made, I made a mistake ♪ | ♪ 我犯了错 ♪ |
[58:08] | All right, love bugs. | 好了 小乖乖们 |
[58:09] | ♪ Please just look me in my face ♪ | ♪ 请你直视我 ♪ |
[58:10] | Mommy is gonna show you something | 妈妈要来给你们秀上一秀 |
[58:11] | ♪ Tell me everything’s okay ♪ | ♪ 告诉我一切都好 ♪ |
[58:12] | that you didn’t know Mommy can do. | 你们不知道的绝活 |
[58:13] | ♪ ‘Cause I got it ♪ | ♪ 我知道 ♪ |
[58:17] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[58:21] | Okay, ready to catch? | 好了 准备好来抓了吗 |
[58:38] | ♪ I’m only human, can’t you see ♪ | ♪ 我只是个普通人 你知道吗 ♪ |
[58:40] | ♪ I made, I made a mistake ♪ | ♪ 我犯了错 ♪ |
[58:42] | ♪ Please just look me in my face ♪ | ♪ 请你直视我 ♪ |
[58:44] | ♪ Tell me everything’s okay ♪ | ♪ 告诉我一切都好 ♪ |
[58:46] | ♪ ‘Cause I got it ♪ | ♪ 我知道 ♪ |
[58:50] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |
[59:13] | ♪ Baby, baby, please believe me ♪ | ♪ 宝贝 宝贝 相信我 ♪ |
[59:15] | ♪ Come on, take it easy ♪ | ♪ 来吧 没关系 ♪ |
[59:19] | ♪ Please don’t ever leave me ♪ | ♪ 别再离开我 ♪ |
[59:23] | ♪ I’ll never be like you ♪ | ♪ 我无法像你一样 ♪ |