时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | All right, class. | 好了 同学们 |
[00:08] | These progress reports will let you know | 这些成绩单会让你们知道 |
[00:10] | how you’re doing in English so far, | 自己在语文学习上的进步如何 |
[00:12] | and for many of you I use the word “progress” loosely. | 我对你们很多同学可都是很口下留德地用了“进步”这个词哟 |
[00:16] | Please let it be an “A”.Please let it be an “A”. | 让我得个A吧 让我得个A吧 |
[00:19] | Please let it be a “C”. Please let it be a “C”. | 让我得个C吧 让我得个C吧 |
[00:22] | Mr. Gerkin, the fast food industry is booming | 格尔金先生 对于你来说 快餐事业可谓蒸蒸日上 |
[00:25] | and offers a bright future. | 也有着远大前程可以期待呢 |
[00:30] | This is great. | 好极了 |
[00:31] | This is terrible. | 糟透了 |
[00:32] | I got a “B”. | 我拿了一个B耶 |
[00:33] | So did I. | 我也是啊 |
[00:38] | I can’t believe I got a real “B”. | 我都不敢相信自己得了一个真正的B |
[00:41] | As opposed to what? | 跟什么相比啊 |
[00:42] | A “D” that I have to write another “D” on top of | 本来以为是D啊 这样我只要在上面再加个D |
[00:45] | to make it look like a “B”. | 就可以让它看起来像B了 |
[00:51] | Mr. Dingwall, | 丁沃尔老师 |
[00:53] | can I ask you a quick question? | 我能问您一个小问题吗 |
[00:55] | You just did. Goodbye. | 你已经问了 再见 |
[00:58] | No, actually it’s about my grade. | 不是的 我想问的是关于我的成绩 |
[01:02] | I was kind of expecting an “A”. | 我本来期待能得到A的 |
[01:05] | “A” | 在说A啊 |
[01:06] | the same letter that begins the words “annoying” | 这正好就是“烦人”这个单词的首写字母 |
[01:09] | and “adios.” | 也是“再见”的首写字母 |
[01:13] | Can you just explain to me why I got a “B”? | 难道您就不能稍微解释下为什么我只得到B吗 |
[01:16] | English is my best subject. | 语文可是我的最强科目啊 |
[01:18] | Although my math and science teachers would argue with that. | 虽然我的数学和科学课老师可能要为此争一争 |
[01:22] | Here’s another one– aloha. | 再教你个夏威夷的再见 “阿喽哈”也是A打头哦 |
[01:28] | Today’s all burnt toast | 生活搞得一团糟 |
[01:30] | Running late, and dad jokes | 就要迟到 爸爸在叫 |
[01:32] | Has anybody seen my left shoe | 我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到 |
[01:35] | I close my eyes, take a bite | 我闭上双眼 咬口早餐 |
[01:36] | Grab a ride, laugh out loud | 跳上车子 放声大笑 |
[01:38] | There it is up on the roof | 哎呀 老爸 鞋子就在房顶上 |
[01:42] | I’ve been there, I’ve survived | 我也曾这样生活 我已经顺利走过 |
[01:44] | So just take my advice | 所以听取我的建议 |
[01:48] | Hang in there, baby, | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:50] | Things are crazy | 世界有很多疯狂无奈 |
[01:51] | But I know your future is bright | 可是我知道你会有美好未来 |
[01:54] | Hang in there, Baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:56] | There is no maybe | 不要怀疑 |
[01:58] | Eveything turns out all right | 一切终会如你所愿 |
[02:01] | Sure life is up and down | 生活有悲有喜 |
[02:03] | But trust me, it comes back all around | 可是请相信我 坚持就有好结果 |
[02:07] | You’re gonna love who you turn out to be | 你会喜欢将来的你 |
[02:12] | Hang in there, Baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[02:24] | Hey, ready for your basketball game? | 小伙子 准备好去参加篮球赛了吗 |
[02:26] | Do I have to go? | 我必须得去吗 |
[02:27] | All we ever do is lose. | 我们一直都是输 |
[02:29] | That is not true. | 那可不对啊 |
[02:31] | Sometimes you forfeit. | 有时候你们是丧失资格 |
[02:34] | Oh, honey, it’s important to think positive. | 哦宝贝 乐观自信是很重要的 |
[02:36] | True, you’ve lost 11 games in a row | 确实 你们已经连输了十一场 |
[02:40] | and you’re dead last in the league, but– | 基本上在联赛里算是垫底了 不过嘛 |
[02:42] | I don’t know where I’m going with this. | 我也不知道想出什么好话来安慰你了 |
[02:46] | Bad news, Gabe. | 坏消息 盖比 |
[02:47] | I can’t coach your game today. | 我今天不能给你们比赛当教练了 |
[02:49] | Just got an emergency extermination call. | 刚接到一个紧急除害电话 |
[02:51] | What’s the big emergency? | 是什么大紧急事件呀 |
[02:52] | Ladybug infestation. | 瓢虫出没 |
[02:54] | Aww. | 好可爱 |
[02:55] | Oh, sure, one’s cute. | 那是 一只小瓢虫很讨喜 |
[02:57] | Thousands– unspeakable horror. | 成千上万那可就是极端恐怖的大灾难了 |
[03:01] | So I guess without a coach | 那我看既然比赛没有教练 |
[03:04] | we won’t be able to play our game today. | 我们今天就不用比了吧 |
[03:06] | Hey, wait a minute. I can coach. | 喂 等一下 我可以当教练呀 |
[03:09] | That’s cute, honey, | 哦呵呵 真是可爱的想法 亲爱的 |
[03:12] | but coaching’s a little more complicated than you might think. | 不过做教练这回事比你想像中可能要复杂一点点 |
[03:14] | Oh, honey, I can lose just as good as you can. | 哎哟 亲爱的 我顶多也就跟你输的一样惨嘛 |
[03:19] | What am I saying? I can’t coach. | 我在说什么呀 我是不能去当教练 |
[03:21] | I have Mommy & Me with Charlie. | 我还得带查莉去上亲子联谊会呢 |
[03:23] | I could take Charlie to Mommy & Me. | 我可以带查莉去亲子会呀 |
[03:25] | Honey, that’s cute, but Mommy & Me | 亲爱的 真是可爱的想法 不过亲子班这回事 |
[03:28] | is a little more complicated than you might think. | 比你想象中可能要复杂一点点 |
[03:31] | Actually, it’s really not. You go ahead and take her. | 其实 根本不复杂 你带她去参加就好了 |
[03:35] | All right, honey, looks like you’re in. | 好了 亲爱的 看来你决心加入了 |
[03:37] | Here’s the playbook. | 这是教练手册 |
[03:39] | Now this might be a little over your head, | 现在要你记全有点太强人所难 |
[03:41] | so just do your best. | 所以你只要尽力而为就可以了 |
[03:43] | Xs are our team. Os are the other guys. | 攻组是我们队 守组是其他的那些人 |
[03:45] | Okay, the xs have lost 11 games in a row, right? | 得了吧 攻组不是连输11场了吗 |
[03:48] | Right. | 说的对 |
[03:49] | We’re gonna be the os this week. | 我们这礼拜就转型防守吧 |
[03:57] | Hi, Charlie, it’s your big sister Teddy here. | 嘿嘿 小查莉 你的泰迪大姐姐又在录视频了 |
[04:00] | Or should I say big failure Teddy? | 不然我是不是应该说自己是个大废材呢 |
[04:03] | I just wanted to show you how sad I look after I got my first “B”. | 我就是想让你看看我第一次拿到B分数后的有多么悲哀 |
[04:08] | And I just want to show you how happy I look when I got my first “B”. | 而我就是想让你看看我第一次拿到B分数后有多开心 |
[04:21] | Whoo! | 喔哈哈 |
[04:22] | Sorry you had to see that. | 真抱歉让你看到这个 |
[04:25] | I do not deserve a “b”. | 我不应该得到B的 |
[04:28] | I felt the same way. | 我也是一样的感受啊 |
[04:31] | You know, I know why Dingwall gave me a bad grade. | 知道吗 我知道丁沃尔老师为何会给我一个差分 |
[04:34] | He just doesn’t like me. | 他就是不喜欢我 |
[04:36] | You know, that could be. | 要说 也真有可能 |
[04:39] | Whenever he talks to you, he makes a face like somebody just cut one. | 每次他跟你说话时那张脸都好像有人刚放了臭屁一样 |
[04:42] | But it’s not fair. | 可这不公平啊 |
[04:45] | I never cut one. It’s always Gerkin. | 我从没放过屁 一直是格尔金在课堂上放屁的 |
[04:47] | So what if Dingwall doesn’t like you? Who cares? | 那就算丁沃尔不喜欢你又怎么样 谁在乎这个呢 |
[04:50] | I care. No one’s ever not liked me before. | 我在乎呀 我可没尝过被人不喜欢的滋味呢 |
[04:52] | I don’t mean to be conceited, but likable people like me are liked. | 不是我自夸 可是像我这种讨喜的人就是到哪都讨喜 |
[04:56] | It’s just a fact. | 这就是事实啊 |
[04:57] | As long as you’re not conceited. | 只要你没那么自大就行 |
[05:01] | I know what I gotta do–get Dingwall to like me. | 我知道该怎么办了 我要让丁沃尔喜欢我 |
[05:04] | I know what I gotta do– more dancing. | 我知道我要做什么了 继续跳舞 |
[05:07] | I still got some happy left in me. | 我身上仍然充满了开心的能量呢 |
[05:10] | You’d better watch out if I ever get an “A”. | 要是我得了A 你可真要小心些了 |
[05:19] | Hey, dad. | 老爸 我回来了 |
[05:21] | Hey, how was Mommy & Me? | 回来啦 亲子会玩得怎么样啊 |
[05:23] | It was awesome. The moms loved me. | 真是了不起呀 那些师奶们可喜欢我了 |
[05:25] | I told them some jokes, made them laugh, | 我给她们讲笑话 逗她们开心 |
[05:27] | taught them how to change their ringtones. | 又教她们怎么设置手机彩铃 |
[05:30] | Did Charlie have a good time? | 查莉玩得开心吗 |
[05:31] | I don’t know. I wasn’t really watching her. | 我不知道 我都没顾得上看她 |
[05:37] | So? How bad was it? | 怎么样啊 情况有多糟 |
[05:39] | It was terrible. | 真是糟呀 |
[05:42] | It was terrible for the other team | 对其他队伍而言真是太糟了 |
[05:45] | because we won! We won. Ooh ooh! | 因为我们赢啦 赢喽 万岁 |
[05:48] | I don’t believe it. Where’s Gabe? | 我不相信 盖比呢 |
[05:50] | He went out for ice cream with the rest of the team, | 他和队友们去吃冰激凌了 |
[05:52] | right after they carried me to my car, | 在那之前他们把我一直举到车子上 |
[05:55] | chanting “Amy! Amy!” | 大声欢呼着“艾米 艾米” |
[05:57] | Really, such a fuss. | 真是的 小孩子就是大惊小怪的 |
[06:01] | Did the other team just not show up? | 对手是不是根本没来啊 |
[06:03] | Oh, they showed up, | 哎呀 他们当然来了 |
[06:05] | but they wish they hadn’t. Kapow! | 不过他们一定是后悔来了 被秒了 |
[06:08] | That’s amazing. | 真是不可思议啊 |
[06:11] | Actually, it wasn’t as hard as you thought. | 其实啊 根本没你想的那么难 |
[06:13] | I just told the boys to go out there and have fun. | 我只不过告诉那些小男生就跑上场好好地玩耍吧 |
[06:16] | Did you at least use the playbook? | 至少你用了那本教练手册吧 |
[06:18] | Absolutely. | 当然了 |
[06:19] | The bench was freezing, so I sat on it. | 那长凳太凉了 所以我把它用来当坐垫了 |
[06:25] | Hello. Hey, Angie. | 喂你好 哦 安吉啊 |
[06:27] | Look, I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to mommy & me– | 不好意思啊 我没办法参加亲子会 |
[06:31] | you want to talk to p.J.? | 你是想跟PJ说啊 |
[06:33] | I think he’s here. Hang on a sec. | 我想他在家 稍等一下 |
[06:36] | PJ P.J. | |
[06:37] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[06:39] | Hello. Oh, hey, Ange. | 喂 哦是你啊 安子 |
[06:41] | Yeah, it was fun hanging out with you too. | 对 和你们一起玩可有乐子了 |
[06:48] | That’s hilarious. | 太搞笑了 |
[06:52] | Oh no, you didn’t. | 哦不是吧 你们当真吗 |
[06:56] | You guys mind? This is kinda personal. | 你们能回避下么 这可是私人谈话 |
[07:00] | By the way, did you see Linda’s hair? | 对了 你有没注意到琳达的头发 |
[07:04] | Right? | 对吧 |
[07:11] | Hey, there’s my winner. | 哟 这不是我的小赢家嘛 |
[07:15] | Hey, dad. | 老爸好 |
[07:16] | Congratulations. | 祝贺啊 |
[07:18] | I mean, obviously a fluke, right, | 我是说 虽然是个狗屎运 对吧 |
[07:20] | happening when your mom was coaching? | 正好是你妈妈当教练的时候赢球了 |
[07:22] | But you know what? I think we can build on this. | 不过你懂吧 我们应该可以在此基础上再接再厉 |
[07:24] | Yeah yeah. Dad, we need to talk. | 是啊是啊 老爸 我们需要谈谈 |
[07:28] | What about? | 聊什么呢 |
[07:29] | Have a seat. | 先坐吧 |
[07:30] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[07:32] | What’s up? | 到底啥事 |
[07:34] | These things are never easy. | 这种事从来都不好开口 |
[07:36] | What things? | 哪种事啊 |
[07:38] | Look, the team talked things over | 听着 全队开了个讨论会 |
[07:40] | and we think it’s in everyone’s best interest | 我们认为这样对所有人都最有利 |
[07:43] | if we make some changes involving the coaching staff. | 就是说我们若在教练人员上做一些调整 |
[07:47] | The coaching staff? I’m the coaching staff. | 教练人员 我不就是嘛 |
[07:52] | Yeah. | 现在是啊 |
[07:57] | Oh, wait a minute. | 喂 等一下 |
[08:00] | Are you firing me? | 你是来炒我鱿鱼的么 |
[08:04] | After everything I’ve done for this team? | 也不想想我为球队付出了多少心血 |
[08:06] | We wish you the best. | 我们衷心祝福你万事如意 |
[08:11] | Oh, come on. | 喂 得了吧 |
[08:13] | Oh, come on. | 喂 不可能吧 |
[08:15] | Hey, give me another chance. | 喂 再给我个机会吧 |
[08:17] | I can turn this thing around. | 我可以扭转局面的 |
[08:18] | I think we’re done here. | 我觉得已经没必要再谈了 |
[08:26] | Oh, dad, | 哦 老爸 |
[08:28] | would you send mom in? I have some good news for her. | 你能把妈妈叫进来吗 我有些好消息要告诉她 |
[08:39] | Hey, Mr. “D”. | 好啊 D老师 |
[08:40] | Got a little present for you– | 这点小意思请笑纳 |
[08:42] | some yummy homemade brownies, just ’cause. | 是很好吃的自制巧克力饼干 因为啊 |
[08:45] | School district policy prohibits me from receiving gifts | 学校有关行政条例禁止教师接受任何形式的礼物 |
[08:49] | which, judging by these, does not appear to be a tragedy. | 就是为了以防如此情形发生 |
[08:55] | Well, I thought you might have a sweet tooth like me– | 那个 我只是觉得可能你也跟我一样有口好牙 |
[08:59] | just one more thing we have in common, | 不就是我们又多了个共同点吗 |
[09:02] | I mean, besides our ethnic heritage. | 我是说 除了我们的种族来源之外 |
[09:05] | This should be good. | 这话题不错 |
[09:07] | Dingwall is a scottish name, like Duncan. | 丁沃尔是一个苏格兰姓氏 就像邓肯一样呀 |
[09:10] | I looked up your family crest. | 我查了你的家族纹章 |
[09:12] | Did you know that it’s two eagles in flight? | 你知道那是两只飞翔的鹰吗 |
[09:14] | Miss Duncan, let’s cut to the chase. | 邓肯小姐 还是言归正传吧 |
[09:16] | You’re here about your grade, right? | 你是为了分数来的 对吗 |
[09:19] | You are one sharp scottish cookie. | 你还真是位直白的苏格兰汉子啊 |
[09:24] | The issue is your oral book reports. | 问题出在你的口头读书报告上 |
[09:27] | I work very hard on those. | 我做得很努力呀 |
[09:28] | They’re lifeless and dry, | 你表达得很枯燥无味 |
[09:30] | and that’s coming from me. | 这就是我的意见 |
[09:33] | Okay, so I’ll jazz them up. | 那好 我可以让它更活泼一些的 |
[09:36] | Find a way to make the book come alive. | 你应该找个法子让你读的书更生动起来 |
[09:38] | Put your energy into that instead of kissing up to your teacher, | 专心去做 而不是来拍老师的马屁 |
[09:41] | which I find shallow, insulting and– | 这会让我觉得你很浅薄无礼 还有 |
[09:44] | adorable! | 可爱死了 |
[09:45] | What? | 啥 |
[09:47] | Honey, come on, let’s go. | 甜心 好了 我们要走了 |
[09:49] | Who– who– who is that? | 这 这 这是谁啊 |
[09:51] | Who is that? | 这是哪家的小可爱啊 |
[09:53] | That’s my mom and my sister Charlie. | 那是我妈妈和我妹妹查莉 |
[09:55] | Aren’t you the cutest baby ever? | 你是不是史上最漂亮的小宝贝啊 |
[09:58] | We like to think so. | 我们很愿意这样想 |
[10:00] | And you look just like your mommy. | 你长的真像你妈妈呀 |
[10:02] | If you’re saying I’m the cutest mommy ever, | 如果你是想恭维我是史上最漂亮的妈咪 |
[10:05] | I accept. | 那我也接受 |
[10:07] | Teddy dear, I had no idea you had a baby sister. | 泰迪亲爱的 我都不知道你还有个小妹妹呢 |
[10:10] | Teddy? Dear? | 叫我泰迪 还亲爱的 |
[10:12] | Who is that? Who is that? | 是谁啊 是谁啊 |
[10:16] | Who is that? | 这怪胎从哪里来的 |
[10:30] | What are you doing? | 你在干啥呢 |
[10:31] | I’m watching my book. | 观看我的书呀 |
[10:33] | For your book report? | 是读书报告的作业吗 |
[10:36] | That’s right. | 对呀 |
[10:37] | Aren’t you supposed to, oh, I don’t know, read your book? | 你应该说是读书而不是观看呀 |
[10:41] | Teddy, get with it. | 泰迪 学着点吧 |
[10:43] | Kids don’t read anymore. You’re so old school. | 现在哪个孩子还会去读书呀 你真老套的上学方式 |
[10:46] | And if you don’t read your book, you’re gonna be | 那你要是不好好读书 等你变老了 |
[10:48] | old and still going to school. | 你就还得继续上学 |
[10:51] | Hey. | 哪惹你啦 |
[10:53] | Sorry. I’m just a little upset | 对不起 我烦着呢 |
[10:55] | about my conversation with Mr. Dingwall. | 因为我和丁沃尔老师的谈话 |
[10:58] | He was telling me how boring I was, | 他正在训我说我有多无聊 |
[11:01] | and then Charlie came in and he lit up like a Christmas tree. | 然后查莉进来了 他就像圣诞树被点亮一样蹦跶了起来 |
[11:03] | Well, there’s your answer. | 你看 这不是有答案了嘛 |
[11:05] | To what? | 什么的答案啊 |
[11:06] | To getting an “a”. | 怎么拿到A呗 |
[11:08] | You should do your presentation dressed up like a baby. | 你应该穿得像个宝宝一样去做讲演报告 |
[11:13] | You know what? I might have a better idea. | 你这么一说 我倒是有个更好的主意了 |
[11:16] | And I’d love to hear it, | 我是很想听 |
[11:17] | but the last of the Mohicans just took off his shirt. | 不过最后一个莫希干人刚刚把衣服给脱了 |
[11:23] | Gabe. | 盖比啊 |
[11:26] | Hey, honey, you coming to Gabe’s basketball game? | 喂 亲爱的 你会来给盖比的篮球比赛助威吗 |
[11:28] | What for? | 为什么要去啊 |
[11:29] | Because you’re his father. | 因为你是他爹呗 |
[11:31] | Or has he fired me from that too? | 要不然他也可以把我这个头衔给炒了呀 |
[11:34] | You’re still upset about this coaching thing? | 你还在为教练这事不高兴啊 |
[11:38] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[11:39] | Although according to the by-laws of the Denver junior | 虽然根据丹佛市青少年篮球协会的正式行文条例 |
[11:42] | basketball association, article 17, section 9, | 第十七条第九款规定 |
[11:44] | the team is not allowed to take a vote and replace me, | 篮球队并不允许随意通过投票更换教练 |
[11:47] | but I’ve let it go. | 但我不计较这些 |
[11:52] | Good. | 那很好 |
[11:56] | Oh. | 哎呀 |
[11:58] | Hi, dad. | 你好 老爸 |
[11:59] | Gabe. | 盖比 |
[12:01] | This is awkward. | 真是尴尬 |
[12:04] | I didn’t expect to see you here. | 我没想到会在这里见到你 |
[12:06] | In my home? | 这是我家耶 |
[12:13] | Gabe, honey, | 盖比亲爱的 |
[12:14] | Is there something you would like to say to your father? | 你是不是有话要跟爸爸讲啊 |
[12:18] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[12:20] | Dad, I’m gonna need the whistle. | 爸 那哨子我们要用 |
[12:24] | Hey, ange. What are you doing here? | 哎呀 安吉 你怎么来了 |
[12:27] | It’s girls’ night out. | 今天是女友出游夜呀 |
[12:28] | Oh, you’re kidding. Tonight’s not good for me. | 哎呀 你开玩笑的吧 今晚我真的不方便去 |
[12:31] | Actually, I’m here to pick up p.J. | 其实我是来接PJ的 |
[12:33] | What’s up, girlfriend? | 哟 还好吗 女同胞 |
[12:35] | Ooh ooh! | 唔啦啦 唔啦啦 |
[12:38] | Are you going out with the moms? | 你跟那些师奶们出去玩吗 |
[12:40] | Yeah, gonna have some appetizers, | 对呀 去吃些小菜 |
[12:42] | maybe do a little karaoke, just let our hair down. | 也可能唱唱卡拉OK什么的 尽量放松一下 |
[12:45] | Actually, Jeannie rented a chick flick, | 其实 珍妮还借了言情片的碟子 |
[12:47] | so we’re gonna hang at her place. | 所以我们决定去她家玩 |
[12:49] | A chick flick? | 言情片 |
[12:51] | I’m good to go. | 我一定要去看 |
[12:54] | Don’t wait up. | 晚上别等我了 |
[12:56] | Okay, that’s just weird. | 晕 这可真碜的慌 |
[12:58] | No, what’s weird is that I coach those kids for half a season and– | 才怪 真让人磕碜的是我都给那些孩子当了一季半教练了 |
[13:01] | Oh, let it go, Bob. | 得了 看开点吧 老公 |
[13:13] | Are you having fun out there, kiddo? | 你在场上玩的开心吗 孩子 |
[13:15] | Mom, can you not see the scoreboard? | 老妈 难道你看不到计分板吗 |
[13:18] | It’s 44-12. We’re getting creamed. | 比分是44比12耶 我们输惨了 |
[13:25] | Gabe, over here now. | 盖比 你过来一下 |
[13:28] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:30] | We never should have fired your dad. | 我们根本不该炒了你爸 |
[13:32] | It was your idea. | 那不是你出的主意吗 |
[13:34] | Dude, I was hopped up on ice cream. | 老兄 我当时只想吃冰淇凌而已 |
[13:37] | Well, it’s too late now. | 现在说不是太晚了么 |
[13:39] | Or is it? | 也许还不晚 |
[13:41] | You know what you gotta do. | 你知道自己该做什么了吧 |
[13:43] | What are you saying? | 你是什么意思 |
[13:45] | I’m saying it’s time to hike up your skirt and fire your mom. | 我是说该是时候卷起裙角去炒了你老妈了 |
[14:02] | Hey, mom, we need to talk. | 妈妈呀 我们得谈谈 |
[14:04] | Sure. What’s on your mind, honey? | 当然可以了 你想说什么呢 宝贝 |
[14:08] | These things are never easy. | 这种事一向很难开口 |
[14:10] | You’re firing me, aren’t you? | 你要炒了我 对吧 |
[14:12] | Yep. | 对 |
[14:15] | Well, at least one of us is undefeated. | 也行 至少我们其中有一个人不会尝到失败的滋味 |
[14:19] | Good luck, losers. | 祝你们好运了 输家们 |
[14:25] | Hey, dad, old pal, what’s goin’ on? | 嘿 爸爸 老伙计 还好吗 |
[14:29] | Let me guess– | 我来猜一下哈 |
[14:31] | coach “fun” didn’t work out, | 快乐教练不再管用了 |
[14:32] | so now you’re crawling back to dad. | 所以你爬回来找你爹 |
[14:34] | Well, you know what? Maybe I’ve moved on. | 那么你知道不 也许我已经看开不想管了 |
[14:37] | Fine. I’ll go ask Nick’s dad. | 行啊 我去问尼克的爸爸好了 |
[14:39] | No no no. I’ll do it. I’ll do it. | 别别别 我来做 我会做 |
[14:42] | Guys, men, come on, gather round. | 男人们 兄弟们 过来吧 围成圈 |
[14:45] | Listen up. All right. | 现在听好了 |
[14:47] | We’re gonna pull together. | 我们要团结起来拧成绳 |
[14:48] | We’re gonna play as a team. | 我们要真正像一个团队那样去打比赛 |
[14:50] | And we’re gonna give it our all. | 我们要付出所有努力 |
[14:52] | And then we’ll win? | 那样就能赢了吗 |
[14:53] | Not a chance. | 想得美 |
[14:54] | But here’s what we can do– | 不过至少我们可以 |
[14:57] | we can go out there and we can lose with dignity. | 上场好好打比赛 虽败犹荣 |
[15:02] | Lose with dignity! Lose with dignity! | 虽败犹荣 虽败犹荣 |
[15:05] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[15:09] | Hey, guys, | 喂 伙计们 |
[15:12] | come on back. It’s only halftime. | 都回来 现在才半场呀 |
[15:22] | “Animal farm” by George orwell. | 乔治·奥威尔所著的《动物农场》 |
[15:26] | “Animal farm” is a story about what happens | 《动物农场》这本书描绘了 |
[15:29] | when idealistic animals take control of their farm | 一些很理想化的动物们怎样从邪恶的人类主人手里 |
[15:31] | from the evil human owners. | 夺取农场控制权的故事 |
[15:33] | Oof. | 没劲 |
[15:35] | Now I’d like to introduce you to some of the animals. | 现在我要给大家介绍这些动物们 |
[15:41] | Meet snowball the pig. | 来见见小猪雪球吧 |
[15:45] | Charlie’s a pig. | 原来小查莉扮猪猪哦 |
[15:47] | I’ve died and gone to heaven. | 我要兴奋得上天堂了 |
[15:49] | Snowball, tell us about yourself. | 雪球 跟大家介绍一下自己吧 |
[15:52] | Oh, I’m good-hearted | 哦 我心肠特别好 |
[15:54] | and I believe that all animals should be treated fairly | 我相信动物社会应该各生物平等 |
[15:56] | and share their property equally. | 并且共同分享财产 |
[16:00] | Thanks, snowball. | 谢谢你 雪球 |
[16:01] | Time to get back to the farm. | 该让你回农场去啦 |
[16:03] | Bye, snowball. | 再见 雪球 |
[16:06] | Bye. | 再见 |
[16:09] | But all is not well on the farm, | 但是农场还有很多麻烦事呢 |
[16:12] | because here comes– | 因为现在要出现的是 |
[16:18] | Napoleon, the conqueror pig. | 他就是领袖猪 拿破仑 |
[16:24] | I am a troublemaker. | 我是麻烦制造者 |
[16:27] | I tell some of the animals they’re better than others. | 我告诉其中一些动物 他们比别的动物更优越 |
[16:30] | That’s right, I’m a bad pig. | 对 我就是坏猪一头 |
[16:39] | Oh oh oh. | 照了照了照了 |
[16:43] | That is my new screen saver. | 我要把这张做成新的手机屏保 |
[16:47] | But thankfully, Muriel the goat | 不过幸好 山羊茉莉 |
[16:49] | calms things down with some of her words of wisdom. | 可以用她智慧的言语平息事件 |
[16:56] | Come on, Muriel. | 出来吧 茉莉 |
[16:59] | I’m gonna see what’s keeping her. | 我去看看她被什么绊住了 |
[17:02] | What’s the hold up? | 在这儿拖什么拖哪 |
[17:03] | Charlie’s kinda gassy. | 查莉好像是胀气老放屁 |
[17:05] | Might be those fish sticks we fed her in the cafeteria. | 搞不好是我们刚才在小馆子喂她吃的炸鱼条有问题 |
[17:07] | They’re talking back to me too. | 现在我自己也觉得肚子不对劲儿了 |
[17:10] | Okay, I’d better wrap things up. | 好了 我最好赶快弄完这个报告 |
[17:13] | Come here. Come here. Yes yes yes. | 来吧 我抱抱 乖啊乖啊 |
[17:15] | All right. Okay. | 乖宝宝 不哭哈 |
[17:17] | And here is Muriel the fast-talking goat. | 现在出场的是讲话很快的山羊茉莉 |
[17:22] | Hey, kids. | 哟 孩子们 |
[17:24] | Want to know what I have to say? | 想知道我要说什么吗 |
[17:26] | Read the book. | 去看书吧 |
[17:29] | So in the end the animals become | 所以最后动物们都变得 |
[17:32] | just as evil as the humans they overthrew. | 和他们推翻的人类一样败坏了 |
[17:33] | And now you can’t tell the animals… from the humans. | 你甚至分不清他们是动物还是人了 |
[17:36] | Thank you, everyone. | 谢谢大家 |
[17:39] | Bravo, Miss Duncan. | 精彩啊 邓肯小姐 |
[17:42] | You made the book come alive, | 你的讲演使书本变得生动了 |
[17:44] | and in the most adorable way. | 真是史上最可爱的报告呀 |
[17:55] | I’m– I’m– I’m so sorry. | 我 我 我很抱歉 |
[17:58] | Ivy, help. | 艾薇 快来帮我 |
[18:03] | Oh, here come the sticks. | 天 她把鱼条吐出来了 |
[18:23] | Well, now it smells like an animal farm. | 呃 现在这里闻起来很像动物农场了 |
[18:34] | Hey, mom. Hey, dad. | 爸妈 我回来了 |
[18:36] | Hey, how was story time at the library? | 回来啦 图书馆的故事会好玩吗 |
[18:39] | It was okay. We read “Everybody Poops.” | 还好啦 我们读了《大家一起来便便》那本书 |
[18:41] | The title kind of gives away the ending. | 基本上书名就已经把故事结尾给剧透了 |
[18:45] | Did Charlie have fun? | 小查莉玩的高兴吗 |
[18:46] | I don’t know. We didn’t sit together. | 我不知道 我没和她坐在一起 |
[18:48] | Anyway, I’m gonna be taking off again soon. | 还有我马上又得出门 |
[18:51] | Going out with the moms again? | 又要和师奶们一起出去逛哦 |
[18:52] | No no, I’m done with that. | 不是的 我对那个已经腻了 |
[18:54] | I’m glad you’re over it. | 幸好你还有腻的一天 |
[18:55] | Me too. | 我也觉得 |
[18:56] | What was I thinking? | 也不知我当时怎么想的 |
[18:57] | What do I have in common with a bunch of women in their 30s? | 我和那堆三十多岁的女人能有什么好聊的啊 |
[19:04] | Mom, dad, this is Marge, | 老爸老妈 这位是玛姬 |
[19:08] | the story lady from the library. | 是图书馆的故事奶奶 |
[19:11] | We’re going to tea. | 我们要一起去喝茶 |
[19:19] | These are your grades on yesterday’s final presentations. | 你们昨天报告的成绩已经出来了 |
[19:23] | Mr. gerkin, fit yourself with a hairnet. | 格尔金先生 你戴发网一定很合适 |
[19:28] | Miss Wentz. | 温兹小姐的 |
[19:31] | Oh my gosh. | 哎呀我的天 |
[19:33] | Miss Duncan, your grade | 邓肯小姐 给你成绩单 |
[19:35] | and my dry-cleaning bill. | 还有我的衣服干洗账单 |
[19:37] | Oh my gosh. | 哎呀我的天 |
[19:44] | Two “B”s in a row? | 一连两次得了B |
[19:45] | What if my mom starts to expect this? | 要是我妈开始指望上了怎么办 |
[19:48] | I’d better turn this into a “d”. | 我最好想办法把这分数改成D |
[19:54] | Mr. Dingwall. | 丁沃尔老师 |
[19:54] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[19:56] | I just wanted to say thank you for my “A”. | 我只想谢谢你给了我A |
[19:58] | You earned it, for creativity, | 你应得的 因为你表现出了创造力 |
[20:00] | imagination and style. Nicely done. | 想象力和独特风格 做的不错 |
[20:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:04] | Now pretend that bell was a fire alarm | 现在你就当那铃声是火警 |
[20:06] | and the flames are upon us. | 已经火烧眉毛了 你就赶紧冲出去吧 |
[20:10] | Just one more thing. | 就一句话 |
[20:12] | You know, I had this crazy idea | 你知道吗 我有个傻不拉叽的想法 |
[20:14] | that the reason you were being so tough on me | 你对我这么严格是不是 |
[20:17] | was because you didn’t like me. | 因为你不喜欢我啊 |
[20:19] | It’s crazy, right? | 我想的挺傻的 对吧 |
[20:24] | Because obviously you like me, right? | 因为你肯定喜欢我的 对吧 |
[20:27] | Teddy, | 泰迪啊 |
[20:30] | not everyone in your life is going to like you, | 你的人生中不可能遇见谁都一定会喜欢你 |
[20:32] | and the reason may have nothing to do with you. | 而原因也不一定和你自己有关 |
[20:35] | Doesn’t mean you’ve failed. | 这并不意味着你做人失败 |
[20:36] | Just means you’re human. Okay? | 只是表明你是个人 懂吗 |
[20:39] | Okay. | 懂了 |
[20:41] | But, you know, you never actually said if you like me– | 可是你从来没真正说过喜欢我 |
[20:44] | okay. | 我走就是 |
[20:47] | Okay, if you like me, don’t say a word. | 好啦 要是您喜欢我 就什么也别说就行了 |
[20:50] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[20:51] | Ugh! | 天杀的 |
[20:57] | Well, Charlie, no more fish sticks for you. | 好啦 小查莉 再也不给你吃炸鱼条了 |
[21:00] | But thanks for all your help with Mr. Dingwall. | 不过还是要谢谢你帮我度过丁沃尔老师那关 |
[21:03] | Because of you I got an “a”. Whoo! | 我得了个A 都是你的功劳耶 唔啦啦 |
[21:06] | And I learned that not everyone is going to like me, | 我也学到了不是每个人都一定会喜欢我 |
[21:09] | and I’m okay with that. | 我会适应的 |
[21:13] | I’m working on being okay with that. | 我是在努力学着适应吧 |
[21:16] | But just in case… | 不过我还是没死心 |
[21:18] | Wish me good luck, Charlie. | 查莉 祝我好运吧 |
[21:31] | Go go go. Come on, come on. | 走走走 快点 快点 |
[21:38] | Have you seen the team? | 你看见我那篮球队了吗 |
[21:40] | They went that away. | 他们从那边走了 |
[21:47] | Come on, come on. | 快 快 |
[21:57] | Have you seen the–? | 你有看见 |
[22:04] | Duncans. | 这些邓肯家的 |
[22:10] | Still can’t find them? | 还没找到他们啊 |
[22:12] | No. | 没 |
[22:15] | And I’ve searched the entire city. | 我把全城都搜了一遍了 |
[22:18] | How was the so insanage done with Gabe | 盖比这孩子的叛逆期到底要到什么时候结束啊 |
[22:28] | You know, when I was coaching we didn’t have this problem. | 你晓得吧 我做教练时可从来没这问题 |