时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Hey, dad, you gonna eat your last piece of bacon? | 嘿 老爸 那最后一片培根你还吃吗 |
[00:12] | Nice. | 有意思 |
[00:13] | Oh, dad, by the way I’m having career day at my school, | 噢 对了 老爸 学校正在开展职业日 |
[00:16] | And I was wondering if you could come. | 不知道你有兴趣参加吗 |
[00:18] | Really? You want me to come in and talk about my job? | 真的吗 你想让我去谈谈我的工作吗 |
[00:21] | – That’s fantastic. – Easy, big guy. | -太好了 -大块头 别激动 |
[00:23] | You’re a time filler. Nothing more, nothing less. | 你只是个打酱油的 仅此而已 |
[00:28] | That’s a little less fantastic. | 的确不那么好了 |
[00:31] | Hey, how come I never came in and spoke to one of your classes? | 嘿 我怎么没参加过你的职业日 |
[00:33] | We didn’t have career day back then. | 我们当年没有职业日 |
[00:37] | It’s a whole new idea. | 这是最近才兴起的 |
[00:41] | Really? They had career day when I was a kid. | 是吗 我当年就有职业日啊 |
[00:43] | Must have skipped a generation. | 肯定中间停办了一代的时间 |
[00:46] | Hey, Gabe. | 嘿 盖比 |
[00:48] | Why aren’t you asking me to career day this year? | 为什么你不邀请我去啊 |
[00:51] | Because of what happened last year. | 因为去年所发生的惨案 |
[00:53] | We see a lot of interesting things in the emergency room. | 我们来看一看在急诊室发生的趣事 |
[00:56] | This is what can happen when you don’t follow the directions. | 这就是你在电锯上不按指示行事后 |
[00:59] | On the chainsaw. | 的下场 |
[01:00] | Kids, kids, hold your reactions till the end. | 孩子们 孩子们 把你们的尖叫留到最后 |
[01:04] | We’ve got a lot of pictures here. | 我们还有很多图片要看呢 |
[01:08] | So now severed limbs are off-limits to 11-year-olds? | 难道现在连断肢都对十一岁的儿童不宜吗 |
[01:10] | What? | 搞什么啊 |
[01:16] | Today’s all burnt toast | 生活搞得一团糟 |
[01:18] | Running late, and dad jokes | 就要迟到 爸爸在叫 |
[01:19] | Has anybody seen my left shoe | 我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到 |
[01:22] | I close my eyes, take a bite | 我闭上眼 咬口早餐 |
[01:24] | Grab a ride, laugh out loud | 跳上车子 放声大笑 |
[01:26] | There it is up on the roof | 哎呀 老爸 鞋子就在房顶上 |
[01:29] | I’ve been there, I’ve survived | 我也曾这样生活 我已经顺利走过 |
[01:32] | So just take my advice | 所以听取我的建议 |
[01:35] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:37] | Things are crazy | 世界有很多疯狂无奈 |
[01:39] | But I know your future’s bright | 可是我知道你会有美好将来 |
[01:42] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:44] | There’s no maybe | 不要怀疑 |
[01:45] | Everything turns out all right | 一切终会如你所愿 |
[01:48] | Your life is up and down | 生活有悲有喜 |
[01:51] | But trust me it comes back around | 但是请相信我 坚持就有好结果 |
[01:54] | You’re gonna love who you turn out to be | 你会喜欢将来的你 |
[02:00] | Hang in there, baby. | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[02:10] | “‘And cheesy, ‘ the sad little pizza said,” | ”那个伤心的小匹萨 起司说道“ |
[02:13] | ‘I just feel so plain.’ | “我感觉自己太平庸了” |
[02:16] | And pepe, his friend the pepperoni pizza said, | 他的好朋友腊肠匹萨 胡椒说道 |
[02:19] | ‘but, cheesy, that’s why kids love you.’ | “不要这么想 起司 这正是孩子们喜欢你的地方” |
[02:22] | And cheesy felt all better. | 然后起司感觉好多了 |
[02:25] | “The end.” | “剧终” |
[02:29] | Mom. | 老妈 |
[02:32] | Candace, thank you so much for this story, we really enjoyed it.. | 坎蒂丝 你讲的故事太好了 我们很喜欢 |
[02:35] | I heard you snoring. | 我听见你打呼噜了 |
[02:38] | The important thing is Charlie liked, right Charlie? | 最重要的是查莉喜欢 对吧 查莉 |
[02:40] | No, mommy. | 不 妈咪 |
[02:42] | She’s right. It was not a good book. | 她没说错 的确不是一本好书 |
[02:45] | I could write a better story than that. | 我都可以写个更出色的故事 |
[02:47] | I wish you would. I working in children’s Publishing | 我希望你没有吹牛 我在儿童出版社工作 |
[02:50] | And I am always on the look out for new talent. | 而我一直致力于寻找才华横溢的人 |
[02:54] | Anyway, we’ll see you guys next week. | 先不说了 咱们下周见 |
[02:57] | – Bye, Candace. – See ya. | -再见 坎蒂丝 -再见 |
[02:59] | – That gives me an idea. – Me too. | -一语惊醒梦中人 -我也是 |
[03:02] | I should write a children’s book! | 我应该写本儿童读物 |
[03:04] | What do you know about writing? | 关于写作你了解多少 |
[03:05] | What do you know about children? | 关于孩子你又了解多少 |
[03:07] | Maybe we could write a book together. | 不如咱们双剑合璧 |
[03:10] | And then we could read it at next week’s story time. | 然后我们就可以在下周的故事时间读给大家听 |
[03:13] | And the kids will go crazy. Candace will publish it, | 孩子们将爱死我们的故事 而坎蒂丝将会出版成书 |
[03:16] | And I’ll be on “good morning Denver.” | 我就可以成为《早安 丹佛》里的新闻 |
[03:19] | Right now let’s just focus on writing a good story for the kids. | 现在就让我们把精力放在给孩子写故事上吧 |
[03:22] | You’re right. You’re right. It’s all about the kids. | 没错 没错 没错 孩子才是最重要的 |
[03:47] | Oh, great. I guess dinner’s here. | 噢 太好了 晚餐到了 |
[03:49] | And a happy kwikki chikki hello to you. | 这里是咕唧炸鸡向您的问候 |
[03:53] | – I heard that, Scott. – I’m sure that you heard, but when I ask. | -我听见了 斯科特 -我知道你听见了 但当我想让你 |
[03:56] | For a home-cooked meal, you suddenly go deaf. | 做顿家常菜时 你却突然失聪了 |
[03:59] | I’m not a housewife. I work too. | 我不是家庭主妇 我也有工作 |
[04:01] | Do you want me to come back later? | 用不用我一会儿再来 |
[04:02] | No, then the food will be cold. | 不用 不然晚餐会变凉的 |
[04:04] | Don’t worry. It’s already cold. | 不用担心 已经凉了 |
[04:06] | Let’s ask this guy. What do you think? | 让我们问问这哥们 你是怎么看的 |
[04:09] | Come on, we want your opinion. | 拜托了 我们需要你的观点 |
[04:11] | Who is responsible for dinner? | 谁应该负责晚饭 |
[04:13] | That is a tough question. I’ve seen my parents have the very same argument | 这个问题有点儿棘手 我父母也遇到过这个问题 |
[04:16] | ’cause they both have jobs too. | 因为他们也都有工作 |
[04:17] | – How do they work it out? – Very loudly. | -怎么解决的呢 -大吵 |
[04:20] | But at least they’re communicating, | 但是最后他们好好谈了谈 |
[04:23] | Which is maybe what you guys need to do. | 也许你们也需要好好谈谈 |
[04:25] | But we are communicating. | 我们不是正在谈吗 |
[04:27] | Are you? Are you really? | 真的吗 确定一定以及肯定吗 |
[04:33] | No, we’re not. | 没有 我们没有 |
[04:35] | Maybe it’s time to start. | 不如从现在开始吧 |
[04:37] | I just want things to go back to the way they were when we first got married. | 我只想回到我们刚结婚时的生活 |
[04:41] | I want that too. I’m sorry, honey. | 我也是 对不起 亲爱的 |
[04:44] | I’m sorry too. | 我也对不起 |
[04:46] | Well, I guess there’s only one thing left to say. | 好了 现在只剩下一句话了 |
[04:49] | That’ll be $14.95. | 一共十四块九毛五 |
[05:01] | Okay, tell me what you think of this. | 好了 你听听这个怎么样 |
[05:04] | “actress, singer, dancer, comedian, entertainer, nurse,” | “演员 歌手 舞蹈家 喜剧演员 艺人 护士” |
[05:08] | Wife, mother of four, Amy Duncan now adds author. | 妻子 四个崽儿的母亲 如今艾米·邓肯又将把作者 |
[05:11] | “To her long list of credits.” | “加入到她的人生角色清单中” |
[05:15] | What is that? | 搞什么 |
[05:16] | It’s my bio for the book jacket. | 书皮上的个人简历 |
[05:19] | Too long? | 太长了吗 |
[05:21] | ’cause I could lose “wife and mother of four.” | 我可以省去 “妻子和四个崽儿的母亲” |
[05:26] | Hey, I have an idea. | 嘿 不如这样吧 |
[05:28] | Instead of a book jacket, let’s write a book. | 别管书皮了 咱先写本书吧 |
[05:30] | Okay, seems kind of backwards to me, but okay, sure. | 好吧 感觉有点儿拖我后腿 不过没事 来吧 |
[05:36] | Let’s just brainstorm and see what we come up with. | 咱俩一起集思广益 看看怎么样 |
[05:38] | Excellent idea. | 好主意 |
[05:41] | Brainstorming. | 头脑风暴 |
[05:46] | Stormy brain. | 风暴头脑 |
[05:50] | Thinking, thoughts, ideas, words… | 思考 思想 想法 话语 |
[05:54] | Mom, brainstorms are usually quiet. | 老妈 头脑风暴通常很安静 |
[05:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[06:00] | And remember, an idea can come from anywhere. | 记住 点子可以来自任何地方 |
[06:05] | – Got it! – What? | -有了 -什么 |
[06:08] | Trashy. | 拉拉 |
[06:12] | Trashy? | 拉拉 |
[06:13] | Trashy the trash can. | 垃圾桶拉拉 |
[06:17] | I was staring at the trash can and it just came to me. | 我刚才盯着垃圾桶 于是就想到了 |
[06:21] | Okay, trashy. | 好吧 拉拉 |
[06:24] | So what’s his story? | 有什么故事可讲 |
[06:26] | Teddy, I can’t do all the work. I came up with trashy. | 泰迪 我又不能做全部工作 是我想到了拉拉 |
[06:29] | Yeah, but what’s he trying to teach the kids? | 好吧 那么孩子们能从中学到什么呢 |
[06:32] | Oh, okay. | 噢 这个嘛 |
[06:34] | Um, well, when trashy. | 这个 当拉拉 |
[06:38] | Sees someone litter, | 看到了某人乱扔垃圾 |
[06:40] | He says, “enh-enh-enh-enh.” | 他说 “诶 诶 诶 诶” |
[06:45] | I do that really well. I should do hjs voice for the movie. | 我太有才了 我应该为其电影版配音 |
[06:50] | Hey, mom, let’s think of some other ideas. | 嘿 老妈 不如换个其他的想法吧 |
[06:52] | Really? | 你确定吗 |
[06:54] | ’cause I’m loving me some trashy. | 因为我觉着我的题材还不错 |
[06:57] | Okay okay, well, maybe we should work separately, | 成了 成了 不如我们分开工作 |
[07:00] | Then get together tomorrow with some new ideas. | 然后明天把各自想出的点子进行汇总 |
[07:04] | That aren’t based off of the first thing you looked at. | 千万不要看到什么就写什么 |
[07:09] | – Fine. – Good. | -好吧 -很好 |
[07:10] | – Whatever. – Great. | -我无所谓 -很好 |
[07:15] | Enh-enh-enh. | 诶 诶 诶 |
[07:19] | I can see it on a t-shirt. | 我可以把它印在T恤上 |
[07:26] | Okay, dad, career day is tomorrow. | 好了 老爸 明天就是职业日了 |
[07:28] | What’s your plan? | 你的计划如何了 |
[07:30] | – My plan? – Yeah. | -我的计划 -是啊 |
[07:32] | To wing it. | 即兴发挥 |
[07:34] | Dad, this isn’t a toast to mom on your anniversary. | 老爸啊 这不是你和我妈结婚纪念日上的祝酒词 |
[07:38] | This is important. | 这很重要 |
[07:42] | Now you can’t just get up there and talk aboutour job. | 你不能站起来就讲你的工作 |
[07:44] | You gotta put on a show. | 你必须表演个节目 |
[07:46] | This is all about the sizzle, not the steak. | 你要赢得的是欢呼声 而不是牛排 |
[07:49] | I get it. | 明白了 |
[07:52] | You want me to bring in a couple of critters that I caught, | 你想让我带去几只小动物过去 |
[07:55] | Like a rat or a possum. | 比如老鼠 负鼠 |
[07:56] | Is there any chance you could catch something exciting, | 你能抓到更牛的动物吗 |
[07:59] | Like an alligator or a lion. | 比如短吻鳄啊 狮子啊 |
[08:03] | Or a polar bear? Yeah. | 或者北极熊 这个好 |
[08:10] | Well, those might be tough since career day is tomorrow. | 这个嘛 鉴于明天就是职业日了 可能有些困难 |
[08:14] | And we live in Denver. | 况且我们住在丹佛 |
[08:17] | All right, dad, whatever you do, | 好了 老爸 不管你怎么做 |
[08:19] | Just don’t embarrass me. | 别给我丢脸就成 |
[08:21] | That means shirt tucked in and your most dependable belt. | 指的就是把衣服塞到裤子里 再换上一条最结实的皮带 |
[08:25] | Hey, that’s not gonna happen again. | 嘿 那种事情不会再发生了 |
[08:30] | Man, you ruin one little league game… | 天啊 我还真给孩子留下阴影了 |
[08:38] | Hi again. | 又是我 |
[08:40] | Ooh, something smells good. | 噢 什么东西这么好闻 |
[08:42] | – I’m making pork chops. – Then why’d you order chicken? | -我在做排骨 -那你为什么还订炸鸡 |
[08:46] | Actually, we were hoping you could help us with another problem. | 其实 我们希望你可以帮我们解决另一个问题 |
[08:49] | Oh, well, come on out. | 噢 好吧 出来吧 |
[08:53] | Have a seat, make yourselves at home. | 请坐 不要拘束 |
[08:57] | Talk to me. | 和我说说吧 |
[08:59] | The thing is Christine’s mother wants to come and stay with us. | 情况就是 克里斯汀的母亲想搬来和我们一起住 |
[09:02] | For two weeks. | 住两个星期 |
[09:05] | I wanted to ask her to come for less time, | 我本来想让她少住几天 |
[09:07] | But… | 但是 |
[09:09] | But what? | 但是什么 |
[09:12] | Come on, tell the chicken guy. | 别害怕 告诉炸鸡兄 |
[09:14] | – But I’m afraid of her. There, I said it. – Yeah, but just because… | -我怕她 好了 我说了 -没错 但因为 |
[09:18] | Hold on. We’re working with Christine now. | 别急 我们先帮助克里斯汀 |
[09:21] | Now, Christine, how did that make you feel? | 现在 克里斯汀 给你感受如何 |
[09:24] | Well, it makes me feel sad, and I want Scott… | 我感觉 很难过 而且我希望斯科特 |
[09:27] | – Scott, feedback. – I feel that I’d like to help Christine, | -斯科特 你说吧 -我感觉我想帮克里斯汀 |
[09:30] | – So she wouldn’t be so sad.- How can you help? | 让她不再伤心 -你怎么帮 |
[09:33] | Well… but you asked me. | 那个 但你问我 |
[09:36] | Don’t question my process. | 别质疑我的方法 |
[09:39] | I’ll tell you how you can help. Date night. | 我来告诉你怎么帮 去约会 |
[09:42] | – Date night. – Yeah, make sure you guys schedule some alone time. | -约会 -没错 当你的母亲来这里住时 |
[09:45] | While your mother’s here. | 去享受下二人世界 |
[09:47] | Your needs are important too. | 你们的需求也很重要啊 |
[09:49] | – Date night. That’s a great idea. – Yeah. Thank you so much. | -去约会 真是个好主意 -是啊 太谢谢你了 |
[09:52] | Hey, it’s what I do. | 嘿 这是我应该的 |
[09:54] | Now let’s take a look at those pork chops. | 现在让我们去看看排骨怎么样了 |
[10:02] | Now before we share our book ideas, | 现在在我们分享点子之前 |
[10:06] | Let’s remember to be kind. | 请记住要友善 |
[10:09] | That’s right. There are no bad ideas. | 没错 点子全是好点子 |
[10:12] | I’ll go first. | 我先来 |
[10:15] | Ba-bam! | 请看 |
[10:19] | Hey, trashy’s back. | 嘿 拉拉卷土重来了 |
[10:24] | I know. | 可不是吗 |
[10:25] | Try as I might, I could not top him. | 我费尽脑汁 但就是无法超越这个金点子 |
[10:30] | Can I share one of my ideas now? | 现在能说说我的点子吗 |
[10:32] | Y-yeah, of course. Go ahead. | 好 当然可以 来吧 |
[10:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:37] | So my idea is a story. | 我的点子是一个故事 |
[10:39] | About a little tin can and his name is… | 关于一个罐头 名叫 |
[10:43] | “Tim can.” | “蒂姆罐” |
[10:47] | So the story begins with Tim on the shelf at the store. | 故事的开始是蒂姆在商店的货架上 |
[10:51] | Then he goes on some amazing adventures. | 然后他经历了一系列的冒险之旅 |
[10:53] | That teach kids all about recycling. What do you think? | 可以教给孩子们循环利用 你觉得怎么样 |
[10:56] | I think I was wrong. | 我觉得我之前说错了 |
[10:59] | There are bad ideas. | 这里不全是好点子 |
[11:02] | Honey, don’t get too down on yourself. | 闺女啊 请不要自责 |
[11:04] | I set the bar pretty high with trashy. | 我把拉拉这个标准设的有点高 |
[11:06] | Are you kidding? You just… you pointed at a trash can. | 你没开玩笑吧 你只是 你指着一个垃圾箱 |
[11:10] | And gave it a stupid name. I could do that. | 然后就起了个破名字 我也可以啊 |
[11:13] | Let’s write a story about tabley or blendery. | 不如写个故事是关于桌子桌桌或者搅拌器搅搅 |
[11:18] | Blendery? Okay, that’s just silly. | 搅拌器搅搅 成了 这个太没水平了 |
[11:20] | What would a blender say? “chop chop chop”? | 搅拌器能说啥呢 “搅 搅 搅” 吗 |
[11:23] | Even I can’t make that work. | 连我都不能在上面做文章 |
[11:26] | You know what doesn’t work? This. | 知道还有什么做不了文章吗 这个 |
[11:29] | You know what you are… jealous. | 你知道你这是什么吗 羡慕嫉妒恨 |
[11:32] | Yes, I am, | 是啊 被你说中了 |
[11:34] | Of people that don’t have to work with you. | 羡慕嫉妒恨那些不用和你一起工作的人们 |
[11:36] | Then fine. Don’t work with me. | 那好吧 那就别和我一起工作 |
[11:38] | I’ll write “trashy” by myself. | 我自己写我的“拉拉” |
[11:39] | Okay, well, I’ll write “tim can” by myself, | 好啊 那我也自己写我的“蒂姆罐” |
[11:42] | Then next week at story time, we’ll let the kids decide which one’s best. | 到下周的故事时间 让孩子们来决定谁的故事最好 |
[11:45] | Oh yeah yeah. They’ll decide… To feed your book to trashy! | 没错 没错 他们会决定把你的书扔进垃圾桶 |
[11:59] | When mommy finishes reading her book at story time, | 当妈咪我的故事时间读完书后 |
[12:01] | I want you to jump up and yell, “yay, trashy!” | 你要跳起来大叫“耶 拉拉” |
[12:05] | – Can you do that for me? – Yay, trashy! | -你可以办到吗 -耶 拉拉 |
[12:07] | Yay! | 耶 |
[12:08] | – What are you doing? – Nothing. | -你搞什么呢 -没什么 |
[12:11] | You’re coaching Charlie. Mom, that’s cheating. | 你这是在买通查莉 你这是在作弊 |
[12:14] | I am her mother. | 我是她妈 |
[12:16] | It is my job to tell her what stuff to like. | 教会她应该喜欢什么东西是我的责任 |
[12:18] | Okay, so trashy’s the right stuff? | 是吗 那拉拉是好东西吗 |
[12:21] | Enh-enh-enh. | 诶 诶 诶 |
[12:23] | Even though you’re mocking me, | 即使你在嘲笑我 |
[12:26] | It still works. | 也掩盖不了光芒 |
[12:32] | Okay, Charlie, now repeat after me, | 好了 查莉 重复我说的 |
[12:35] | “Tim can, I love Tim can.” | “蒂姆罐 我爱蒂姆罐” |
[12:37] | Yay, trashy! | 耶 拉拉 |
[12:39] | Gahhh! | 可恶 |
[12:50] | Guys, what are you doing here? | 你们 你们怎么来了 |
[12:52] | – This is my mother Elaine. – We need you. | -这位是我妈妈伊莱恩 -我们需要你 |
[12:56] | We tried ordering chicken, | 我们曾订过炸鸡 |
[12:57] | But they said you weren’t working today. | 但他们说你今天休息 |
[13:00] | Well, I guess I could fit you in. | 那好吧 那我就帮帮你们 |
[13:04] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[13:06] | Okay, talk to me. | 好了 和我说说吧 |
[13:08] | I didn’t come halfway across this country. | 我大老远的穿越整个国家 |
[13:10] | So these two could go out on a date night. | 结果这两个人去约会了 |
[13:12] | Then feel free to go back. | 不爽你就走啊 |
[13:14] | Scott, that is my mother. | 斯科特 这是我妈 |
[13:16] | Okay okay, I see what’s going on here. | 好了 好了 我了解事情的来龙去脉了 |
[13:18] | You guys are talking at each other, not with each other. | 你们两个在说着对方 但不是和对方说 |
[13:20] | Now you talk to me, and I’ll talk to him. | 现在你和我说 我再和他说 |
[13:23] | And he’ll talk to me and I’ll talk to her. | 你再和我说 我再和她说 |
[13:25] | She’ll talk to me, and I’ll talk to you. | 她再和我说 我再和你说 |
[13:28] | That’s you to me, me to him, him to me, | 也就是你对我 我对他 他对我 |
[13:30] | Me to her, her to me, me to you. | 我对她 她对我 我对你 |
[13:32] | It’s just that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[13:34] | It’s kind of hard to take you seriously without the hat. | 看来你没戴那顶帽子 谈话效果骤减啊 |
[13:37] | Oh, sorry. | 噢 我的错 |
[13:39] | Let’s get to work. | 回归正题吧 |
[13:42] | I was just afraid of losing you. | 我好怕失去你啊 |
[13:47] | You’ll never lose me. | 你不会失去我的 |
[13:50] | And you can stay here as long as you like, mom. | 你愿意待多长时间就待多长时间 妈妈 |
[13:57] | What’s going on in here? | 这里是什么情况 |
[13:59] | Healing. What’s going on in here is healing. | 治愈心灵 你所看到的一切就是心灵的治愈 |
[14:08] | Thank you, Mr. Turtlebaum. Oh. | 谢谢 特透鲍姆先生 噢 |
[14:12] | Of “turtlebaum & turtlebaum accounting: | “双特透鲍姆会计师事务所 |
[14:15] | A professional corporation.” | 一个专业的公司” |
[14:18] | Right. Now let’s give a warm room six welcome. | 好了 现在用温暖六号房的掌声欢迎 |
[14:21] | To my dad, Bob Duncan. | 我的爸爸 鲍伯·邓肯 |
[14:23] | – Hey. – Dazzle me. | -嘿 -为我争光 |
[14:27] | Hey, everybody, I am Bob Duncan of Bob’s bugs be gone. | 嘿 大家好 我是鲍伯·邓肯 鲍伯到 害虫跑 |
[14:32] | And I am here today. | 我今天来到这里 |
[14:34] | To talk to you. | 是给你们说说 |
[14:36] | About the fine art of pest control. | 害虫防治的艺术 |
[14:40] | Yes. Now in my typical day, | 好了 在我的日常生活中 |
[14:44] | I come across all sorts of insects… | 我见过各种昆虫 |
[14:46] | Ants, roaches, mice. | 蚂蚁 蟑螂 老鼠 |
[14:53] | “wait, Mr. Duncan,” you say, | 你们应该说 “等一下 邓肯先生” |
[14:55] | “mice aren’t insects. They are…” | “老鼠不是昆虫 它们是” |
[15:00] | Anybody? | 有人知道吗 |
[15:02] | That’s right. They are rodents. | 说对了 它们是啮齿动物 |
[15:06] | Not here to learn. | 我们不是来学习的 |
[15:09] | Anyway, I’ve brought along some animals. | 总之 我带来了一些动物 |
[15:12] | That, although I’ve never seen them on the job, | 这些动物 虽然是我在工作中无法遇到的 |
[15:14] | I could quite possibly catch. | 我也许可以将它们抓住 |
[15:16] | If we were living in a different climate. | 如果我们生活在其他气候带中 |
[15:19] | On a different continent. | 在其他大洲上 |
[15:22] | For example… | 比如 |
[15:27] | Look at that guy | 看看这东西 |
[15:28] | That is an emperor scorpion. | 是一只帝王蝎 |
[15:31] | Now some people say that its sting is no worse than a bee’s, | 有的人说被它叮一下比被蜜蜂蛰一下要致命 |
[15:35] | And others, well, they’re not around to say anything. | 其他人呢 其实 他们都不敢在旁边吱声 |
[15:38] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[15:42] | I’m just kidding. I’m just kidding. | 我开玩笑的 我开玩笑的 |
[15:45] | Hey, you thought that was cool, huh? | 嘿 你们认为那就很牛了 是不是 |
[15:48] | Wait until you check out this guy. | 看了这东西后你们才知道什么才是牛 |
[15:54] | Whoa. | 哇 |
[15:57] | Look at him, huh? | 快看看 |
[15:58] | This is a corn snake. | 这是一条玉米蛇 |
[16:01] | Pretty cool, huh? That’s my dad. | 精彩吧 是不是 台上的是我老爸 |
[16:08] | Hello, everybody, welcome to story time. | 大家好 欢迎来到读书时间 |
[16:11] | My name is Teddy, and today we have a special treat. | 我叫泰迪 今天会和以往不同 |
[16:13] | You’re gonna hear two stories. | 因为你们将听到两个故事 |
[16:15] | The first one is written by me, and it’s called. | 第一个是我编写的 名字叫 |
[16:17] | “Tim can and his amazing journey.” | 《蒂姆罐和他的冒险之旅》 |
[16:20] | Tin can? | 是罐头吗 |
[16:21] | Tim. Tim can. | 蒂姆 蒂姆罐 |
[16:24] | All right, now before we begin, | 好了 在我们开始之前 |
[16:28] | Just a reminder, as of today, | 顺便说一下 截止今日 |
[16:29] | This story has not been published. | 这个故事还未被发表过 |
[16:34] | Okay. “Once upon a time, there was a little can of soup. | 开始了 “很久以前 有一个盛汤的小罐子” |
[16:38] | And his name was Tim. | 他就叫蒂姆 |
[16:40] | Tim lived at the grocery store hoping someday someone would buy him. | 蒂姆就在一家杂货店里 盼望着有朝一日能有人将它买走 |
[16:44] | One day a nice woman did. | 有一天 一位漂亮的女士买下了他 |
[16:46] | “Her name was Candace.” | “那位女士就叫坎蒂丝” |
[16:49] | Oh! Hey! That’s your name. | 噢 嘿 你也叫这个名字 |
[16:54] | -That’s funny. -Okay. | 太巧了 继续吧 |
[16:56] | “Candace took Tim home,” | “坎蒂丝把他带回了家” |
[16:58] | Poured his soup in a pot, | 把他的汤倒进了锅里 |
[17:00] | Then tossed him in the recycling bin. | 如何把他扔进了回收箱里 |
[17:02] | “Tim was sad. ‘Is that all there is? ‘ he wondered.” | “蒂姆很伤心 ‘难道就这样了吗’ 他疑惑着” |
[17:05] | That’s what I’m wondering. | 我也疑惑着呢 |
[17:13] | Poor plumber, having to follow me. | 可怜的水管工 不得不跟随着我 |
[17:16] | I guess somebody had to go on after Elvis, right? | 必须要有人接替猫王的旗帜 对吧 |
[17:20] | You did great, dad, and more importantly, | 干得不错 老爸 更值得一提的是 |
[17:23] | – So did your belt. – Yeah. | -皮带同样给力 -是啊 |
[17:25] | Gabe, your old man wasn’t gonna let you down. | 盖比啊 你老爹不会让你失望的 |
[17:33] | Have you seen the scorpion? | 你看见那只蝎子了吗 |
[17:35] | – What? You lost a scorp… – Wait wait wait wait. | -什么 你把蝎子弄 -等等 等等 |
[17:38] | Let’s just find it quietly by ourselves. | 让咱爷俩安静的将它找到 |
[17:41] | All right. Scorpions aren’t poisonous, right? | 好吧 蝎子没读 是吧 |
[17:44] | How should I know? I just rented it this morning. | 我怎么知道 我今天早上刚租过来的 |
[17:48] | I thought I saw something on tv that said a scorpion can paralyze you. | 我记得电视上说过蝎子可以让你瘫痪 |
[17:51] | That might have been a nice thing to mention. | 谢谢你的提醒 |
[17:53] | Before I let it walk on me. | 在它爬到我身上之前 |
[17:58] | I think they found it. | 他们好像找到了 |
[18:01] | “and after Tim had been recycled into Tim pie plate.” | “在蒂姆被回收利用成为蒂姆馅饼盘子” |
[18:03] | And Tim aluminum foil, | 和铝箔后 |
[18:05] | He went back to being Tim can. | 他又变成了蒂姆罐 |
[18:08] | “And lived happily ever after. The end.” | “从此过上了幸福快乐的生活 剧终” |
[18:11] | Yay! | 耶 |
[18:13] | Well, kids, wasn’t that better than “cheesy and pepe pizza”? | 好了 孩子们 是不是比《起司和胡椒匹萨》好上百倍啊 |
[18:16] | Yeah! | 是 |
[18:19] | Hey, kids, here comes trashy! | 嘿 孩子们 拉拉来也 |
[18:23] | Hey, everybody, | 嘿 大家好 |
[18:25] | I’m trashy the trash can. | 我是垃圾桶拉拉 |
[18:29] | But I’m not just any trash can. | 但我不是普通的垃圾桶 |
[18:31] | No, I’m a trash can that gives out candy. | 不是的 我是一个能够分发糖果的垃圾桶 |
[18:33] | Whoo! | 呜 |
[18:36] | And the best part about trashy. | 垃圾桶最精彩的部分 |
[18:39] | Is that he has magical powers. | 是他的魔法 |
[18:40] | So that he never runs out of candy. | 他有无穷无尽的糖果 |
[18:42] | Yeah, eat it up. Yeah, eat it up. | 来吧 使劲吃吧 来吧 吃吧 |
[18:44] | And that’s the story of trashy the trash can. The end. | 这就是垃圾桶拉拉的故事 剧终 |
[18:47] | That’s not a story. | 这不是个故事 |
[18:49] | You’re just throwing candy at the kids so they’ll like your book better. | 你这是利用糖果来买通孩子们对你书的好感 |
[18:52] | Well, let’s see if it works. Who likes trashy better than Tim can? | 好吧 看看效果 谁认为拉拉比蒂姆罐好 |
[18:56] | – Me! – Ooh ooh ooh! Yeah yeah! | -我 -噢 噢 噢 好的 很好 |
[18:57] | Mm-hmm. – Oh, yeah? | 噢 真的吗 |
[18:59] | Well, I forgot to tell you one thing about Tim can. | 听好了 我忘了告诉你们一个关于蒂姆罐的事情 |
[19:02] | He is gonna take all of you kids in the library. | 他会带你们大家去图书馆 |
[19:05] | Out for ice cream. | 去吃冰激凌 |
[19:09] | Okay, everybody repeat after me. | 好了 大家跟我喊 |
[19:11] | Trashy! Trashy! Trashy! | 拉拉 拉拉 拉拉 |
[19:13] | – Tim can! Tim can! Tim can! – Trashy! Trashy! Trashy! | -蒂姆罐 蒂姆罐 -拉拉 拉拉 |
[19:15] | Oh, Candace, do you wanna buy my story? | 噢 坎蒂丝 你想买我的故事吗 |
[19:17] | Or do you wanna buy story? | 还是想买我的故事 |
[19:19] | What I want is to find a new library for story time. | 我想的是找一个新的图书馆来继续故事时间 |
[19:25] | Great. What am I supposed to do with 500 of these? | 这下好了 五百件这东西要我怎么处理 |
[19:38] | And what seems to be the problem tonight? | 今晚又出现什么问题了 |
[19:40] | There’s no problem. Everything’s great. | 没问题 事情一切顺利 |
[19:42] | Aren’t we past this? Let’s dive in. | 别玩这套了 直入主题吧 |
[19:44] | No, seriously, we’re fine. | 没问题 真的 我很好得很 |
[19:46] | We worked out all our issues. | 我们解决了所有问题 |
[19:48] | Then why’d you order chicken? | 那你们为什么还订炸鸡 |
[19:49] | Because we’re hungry. | 因为我们饿了 |
[19:53] | But if you guys are fine, | 如果你们没有矛盾了 |
[19:54] | Then I’m just the chicken guy. | 那我只是一个普通送外卖的了 |
[19:58] | Pretty much. | 差不多吧 |
[20:01] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:03] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[20:09] | I’ll be back! | 我还会回来的 |
[20:12] | I forgot your sides. | 我忘了拿辅料了 |
[20:20] | Gabe. | 盖比 |
[20:23] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[20:25] | Kinda busy with my string cheese. | 我忙着吃奶酪条呢 |
[20:29] | Buddy, I’m really sorry about today. | 儿子 今天真是对不住了 |
[20:33] | All you asked me to do was not embarrass you. | 你只要求我别给你丢人 |
[20:36] | And that’s exactly what I did. | 但我还是丢了 |
[20:37] | Dad, you didn’t embarrass me. | 老爸 你没给我丢人 |
[20:39] | Thanks to you, everybody loves me. | 对亏了你 现在大家都追捧我 |
[20:42] | What? | 什么 |
[20:44] | Yeah, after the scorpion stung you, and then you passed out, | 真的 你被蝎子蛰后 就晕过去了 |
[20:47] | And then Mr. Turtlebaum tried to suck the poison out of you. | 然后特透鲍姆先生想从你的体内吸出毒素 |
[20:49] | And then he passed out. | 结果他又不省人事了 |
[20:53] | What? | 什么 |
[20:55] | In all the confusion, the snake got loose. | 趁混乱之中 蛇又爬了出去 |
[20:59] | Yeah, backup. Turtlebaum did what? | 好吧 先不谈这个 特透鲍姆做了什么 |
[21:03] | And then while you were at the hospital, | 当你在医院的时候 |
[21:04] | The fire department came and the whole school was evacuated for the day. | 消防队来了 整个学校的人都被疏散了 |
[21:08] | I am a hero because of you. | 我是站在你肩膀上的巨人 |
[21:13] | Thanks, dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[21:16] | Now I’m gonna need an answer on that turtlebaum question. | 请正面回答我那个特透鲍姆问题 |
[21:23] | Well, Charlie, needless to say, | 好了 查莉 无需此言 |
[21:25] | I’m still unpublished, | 我的故事没发表 |
[21:27] | But the good news is so is mom. | 但是好消息是 老妈也没得逞 |
[21:33] | I think we learned a very important lesson. | 我认为我们学到了一件很重要的事情 |
[21:36] | I look good even in a trash can. | 即便我穿着垃圾桶 魅力也不减 |
[21:41] | Well, that’s one of the lessons. | 好吧 算是一个教训吧 |
[21:44] | – So… – I just feel so empty, | -所以 -我感觉好空虚 |
[21:46] | So abandoned. | 感觉被抛弃了 |
[21:50] | I guess it’d be safe to say I feel used. | 更准确的来说 我感觉被利用了 |
[21:55] | You know what I’m saying? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[22:01] | PJ, the poor kid been here for 10 minutes. | PJ 这可怜的娃在这儿都十分钟了 |
[22:04] | Pay him already. | 快付给他钱吧 |
[22:08] | Hey, see you tomorrow? | 嘿 明天你还来吗 |
[22:14] | Sometimes there’s nothing left to say but good luck, Charlie. | 有时候 无需多言 除了祝你好运啊 查莉 |
[22:24] | Poor me. | 可怜的我啊 |
[22:27] | I don’t have any toppings, | 我没有任何的辅料 |
[22:29] | Just cheese. | 只有奶酪 |
[22:31] | You’re a loser, cheesy. | 你个废柴 起司 |
[22:33] | Look at me, all covered in pepperoni. | 瞅瞅我 满身的香肠啊 |
[22:36] | There must be something good about being so plain. | 我认为有时候普普通通也会有好处的 |
[22:40] | Oh yeah, when you think of it, let me know. | 噢 是吗 当你想到了 记得告诉我 |
[22:44] | Uh-oh. | 不妙 |
[22:45] | Plain old cheese or delicious pepperoni? | 烙饼还是香肠匹萨 |
[22:48] | No! | 不要啊 |
[22:52] | Huh, I guess there is something good. | 哈 也许这就是 |
[22:55] | About being plain. | 普普通通的好处 |
[23:01] | It’d be a shame to leave just one. | 剩最后一块不吃 可惜了 |
[23:03] | I was afraid of that. | 我害怕的就是这个 |