时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Peek-a-boo. I see you. | 躲猫猫 找到你啦 |
[00:11] | Yeah yeah yeah. | 耶耶耶 |
[00:12] | Oh. Peek-a-boo. | 噢 躲猫猫 |
[00:13] | I see you. | 又找到你啦 |
[00:15] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[00:17] | Ready ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[00:18] | Peek-a-boo! I see you. | 躲猫猫 找到你啦 |
[00:23] | I just realized there’s no end to this game. | 这游戏永远没有结束的时候 |
[00:26] | Woo-hoo! | 哦吼 |
[00:30] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜发生什么了 |
[00:31] | You’re gonna be on TV again. | 你又要上电视了是么 |
[00:33] | Oh! I can’t believe it. | 哦 太难以置信了 |
[00:35] | “Good Morning, Denver” Called. | 是《早安丹佛》节目组 |
[00:36] | They want me to do another segment. | 他们想让我再录一期节目 |
[00:37] | Really? After what happened last time? | 真的 上次都那样子了 |
[00:39] | Yeah. Turns out, a house falling down is actually good TV. | 没错 事实证明 房屋倒塌收视率不错 |
[00:44] | Question is, how am I gonna top it? | 现在的问题是 我要如何占据收视榜首 |
[00:46] | Okay, mom. I have some good news too. | 好的 老妈 我也有个好消息 |
[00:48] | – Oh really? What’s going on? – This is so exciting. | -真的吗 什么事呀 -简直太激动了 |
[00:51] | So you know how Yale is my first choice of colleges? | 你知道耶鲁是我的大学首选嘛 |
[00:54] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[00:55] | They’ve scheduled an alumni | 耶鲁为我安排了一次校友面试 |
[00:57] | interview for me right here at the house. | 就在这里 在我们家 |
[01:01] | I mean, it doesn’t mean that I’m in for sure, | 那个 这不是说我肯定能被录取 |
[01:03] | but it definitely means that they’re interested. | 但是这的确说明他们对我很感兴趣 |
[01:05] | And if it goes well, it’s a really big plus. | 面试顺利的话 绝对大大加分啊 |
[01:07] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[01:10] | You having trouble focusing? | 你有在听吗 |
[01:11] | I’m gonna be on TV. | 我要上电视了 |
[01:17] | Today’s all burnt toast | 生活搞得一团糟 |
[01:18] | Running late and dad jokes. | 就要迟到 爸爸在叫 |
[01:20] | “Has anybody seen my left shoe?” | 我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到 |
[01:23] | I close my eyes, take a bite | 我闭上眼 咬口早餐 |
[01:25] | Grab a ride, laugh out loud. | 跳上车子 放声大笑 |
[01:26] | There it is up on the roof. | 哎呀 老爸 鞋子就在房顶上 |
[01:30] | I’ve been there, I survived. | 我也曾这样生活 我已经顺利走过 |
[01:33] | So just take my advice. | 所以听取我的建议 |
[01:36] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:39] | Things are crazy. | 世界有很多疯狂无奈 |
[01:40] | But I know your future’s bright. | 可是我知道你会有美好将来 |
[01:42] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:44] | There’s no maybe. | 不要怀疑 |
[01:46] | Everything turns out all right. | 一切终会如你所愿 |
[01:49] | Sure life is up and down. | 生活有悲有喜 |
[01:51] | But trust me, it comes back around. | 但是请相信我 坚持就有好结果 |
[01:55] | You’re gonna love who you turn out to be. | 你会喜欢将来的你 |
[02:00] | Hang in there, baby. | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[02:14] | You want to get that? | 你去开门不 |
[02:16] | And interact with people? No thanks. | 和人打交道不是我的菜 你去吧 |
[02:24] | – Hi. – Hey. | -嗨 -嘿 |
[02:25] | I’m Lauren. I’m new to the | 我是劳伦 新来的邻居 |
[02:26] | neighborhood and I’m looking for babysitting jobs. | 我正在找看孩子的工作 |
[02:28] | And I heard you guys have lots of babies. | 我听说你们家有很多小孩 |
[02:32] | Oh, that we do. | 哦 确实如此 |
[02:34] | But it also means that I have a lot of free babysitters. | 这也表明我们不缺免费看孩子的人手 |
[02:37] | Dad dad dad. | 老爸老爸老爸 |
[02:38] | Shouldn’t we keep our options open? | 我们的人选可以更多样一些嘛 |
[02:41] | – Hi. I’m Gabe. – Hi. I’m Lauren. | -你好 我是盖比 -嗨 劳伦 |
[02:44] | I probably should interview her | 我觉得该给她安排个面试 |
[02:46] | just to make sure she meets our high standards. | 确保她是满足我们高标准的人才 |
[02:48] | Can’t just let anybody babysit for, uh… | 不是谁都可以照顾我们的 呃 |
[02:52] | – Toby? – Toby, right. Yeah. | -托比 -托比 对 |
[02:55] | Thank you. | 多谢提醒 |
[02:56] | So, Lauren, how long have you been babysitting? | 好的 劳伦 你做看孩子的工作有多久了 |
[03:00] | About a year. | 差不多一年吧 |
[03:01] | Okay. All right. | 嗯 好的 |
[03:03] | Follow-up question. Do you have a boyfriend? | 下一个问题 你有男朋友了么 |
[03:09] | What does that have to do with babysitting? | 这和看孩子有什么关系吗 |
[03:11] | Oh, I’m interviewing for something else now. | 哦 我在看你能否胜任别的工作 |
[03:13] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:14] | In that case, I don’t have a boyfriend. | 这样的话 我还没有呢 |
[03:18] | Do you have a girlfriend? | 你呢 有女朋友了吗 |
[03:21] | I’m working on it. | 我正在努力 |
[03:23] | You’re cute. | 你真可爱 |
[03:25] | I am, aren’t I? | 确实 不是吗 |
[03:27] | So, you’re new to the neighborhood, huh? | 对了 你是刚来到这个社区的是吗 |
[03:29] | Yeah, I’m staying with my grandmother for a while. | 对 我要在这里和外婆住一段时间 |
[03:31] | I can’t wait to meet her. | 我真想去拜访她一下 |
[03:33] | You already have. | 你早就拜访过了 |
[03:37] | Oh no! | 哦 不是吧 |
[03:39] | Oh yes. | 哦 就是呢 |
[03:40] | Let’s go, Lauren. This is the one I warned you about. | 走吧 劳伦 这家伙就是我警告过你的那个 |
[03:43] | This is the Devil Child? | 他是那个恶魔男孩 |
[03:46] | But he seems so nice. | 但他看上去人畜无害 |
[03:47] | That’s what makes him the Devil Child. | 所以才说他是恶魔啊 |
[03:53] | Hey, people change. | 嘿 人总会变的 |
[04:02] | – Oh, hey, PJ. – Hey, sis. | -哦 嘿 PJ -嘿 老妹 |
[04:03] | So, I have a question for you. | 那个 我有个问题要问你 |
[04:06] | Where are you going to be tomorrow at 3:00 pm? | 明天下午三点你打算去哪里 |
[04:08] | Now I have an answer for you. | 我准备好了个答案给你 |
[04:10] | Anywhere but here. | 除了这里哪儿都行 |
[04:12] | Why can’t I be here? | 为什么不能待在家里 |
[04:13] | Because a guy is coming over to interview me for Yale, | 因为有个耶鲁的人要来面试我 |
[04:17] | and so I want the house to myself. | 我希望家里只有我 |
[04:19] | Because you’re ashamed of me? | 你觉得我会丢脸是么 |
[04:21] | Not just of you. Everybody. | 不只是你 家里所有人 |
[04:24] | Oh. Well, that makes me feel a little better. | 哦 好吧 这样还好受一点 |
[04:27] | All right. I guess I can not be here tomorrow. | 行 我想我明天不会呆在家里了 |
[04:30] | Great. Thanks. | 太好了 谢啦 |
[04:31] | Oh, although I was gonna watch my cartoons tomorrow at 3:00. | 噢 明天三点有我最喜欢的卡通呢好想看 |
[04:35] | Can’t you just skip a day? | 一天不看又不会怎样 |
[04:36] | Can’t you just skip your college interview? | 大学面试不参加又不会怎样 |
[04:38] | Why is your stuff more important than mine? | 你的事情就比我的重要了么 |
[04:42] | Because mine involves Yale, | 我那可是耶鲁 |
[04:44] | and yours involves a turtle with a suitcase. | 你的就是一个拎手提箱的乌龟 |
[04:48] | It’s a briefcase, and it’s a portal to another dimension. | 拎的是公文包 而且那是进入异世界的大门 |
[04:53] | I’m begging you. Please don’t be here tomorrow. | 求你了 明天千万别出现在家里 |
[04:57] | All right. I’ll make other arrangements. | 好吧 我做点别的事情 |
[04:59] | Thank you. | 太谢谢了 |
[05:03] | Got an interview for Yale. | 耶鲁大学的面试 |
[05:05] | Grow up. | 快点长大吧丫头 |
[05:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:13] | Hey. What do we have here? | 嘿 看看是谁来啦 |
[05:15] | Well, one of my kids finally wanted to see where daddy works. | 嗯 终于有一个孩子想要来看看她老爸工作的地方了 |
[05:21] | So, Charlie, what do you think? | 那么 小查莉 觉得怎么样呀 |
[05:24] | Can we go now? | 我们可以走了吗 |
[05:27] | Charlie, we just got here. | 查莉 我们才刚到啊 |
[05:29] | Oh. | 哦 |
[05:31] | You want to sit in daddy’s chair? | 要不要坐坐老爸的工作椅 |
[05:33] | It spins around. | 会转的哟 |
[05:34] | – Okay. – Okay. | -好吧 -好的 |
[05:42] | – Can I go next, boss? – We’ve been over this, Vern. | -下一个我能来玩么 老板 -我们已经玩够了 弗恩 |
[05:46] | So, what have we got lined up for today? | 好的 看看我们今天的工作行程是什么 |
[05:49] | Same as yesterday. Nothing. | 和昨天一样 无事 |
[05:51] | What? Man, what… | 什么 伙计 这 |
[05:54] | I don’t get it. | 我不懂了 |
[05:55] | Why is business down? I mean, we just put out new advertising. | 为什么生意这么萧条 我们都换上新广告了啊 |
[05:59] | Charlie, look. | 快看 查莉 |
[06:01] | Huh? | 嗯 |
[06:04] | – What do you think? – That’s scary, daddy. | -你觉得怎么样 -好吓人啊爸爸 |
[06:07] | It’s not scary. It’s clever. | 哪里吓人了 多有才啊 |
[06:10] | Oh, you just can’t read yet. | 哦 你还不识字呢 |
[06:12] | You don’t realize this is a pun, see? | 所以你不知道那是个双关语 你看哈 |
[06:14] | Daddy’s all dressed up like a boxer. | 爸爸穿得像一个拳击手 |
[06:16] | So I’m gonna knock out your bug problems. | 我将要击倒你全部的害虫问题 |
[06:18] | Boxers knock things out. | 击倒东西 拳击手总是这样做的 |
[06:21] | Oh, that is clever. | 啊 太有才了 |
[06:32] | – PJ, what you thinking about? – I’ve got a problem. | -PJ 在想什么呢 -我有个严峻的问题 |
[06:35] | I’m trying to figure out | 我必须找到一个地方 |
[06:36] | where to watch my cartoons tomorrow at 3:00. | 好在明天下午三点看我的卡通片 |
[06:39] | How about your place? | 你的公寓不行么 |
[06:40] | No, because Emmett’s gonna be watching his cartoons then. | 不 埃米特那时候要看他的卡通片 |
[06:43] | Boy, you think you have a | 呵呵 原来别人的问题 |
[06:45] | problem then you hear something like that. | 都是这样容易解决的啊 |
[06:48] | What’s your problem? | 你有什么问题么 |
[06:49] | Well, I like this girl, | 呃 我喜欢上了一个女孩 |
[06:51] | but it turns out her grandmother’s Mrs. Dabney. | 但是她的外婆是达布尼太太 |
[06:54] | – Ooh. Oh. That is bad. – Yeah. | -天啊 那真惨 -对啊 |
[06:56] | Normally, I’d have nothing | 通常来说 知道谁和她有关系的话 |
[06:58] | to do with anyone related to Dabney but, | 我都离得远远的 |
[07:00] | Lauren has that one quality | 但是那是劳伦 她身上 |
[07:01] | I’ve never really found in a girl before. | 有其他女孩身上不曾具有的特质 |
[07:03] | – What’s that? – She likes me. | -什么 -她喜欢我 |
[07:06] | Sounds like one of a kind, man. You should go for it. | 听起来确实不错啊伙计 加油吧少年 |
[07:09] | You know what? You’re right. Here goes nothing. | 你知道吗 你是对的 没什么大不了的 |
[07:14] | Oh hey, while you’re there, will you find out if Mrs. D will be | 嘿 你去那边顺便问下达布尼太太 |
[07:17] | watching “Yacky the Duck” Tomorrow at 3:00? | 她明天下午三点会看《小鸭子雅克》么 |
[07:32] | – Is Lauren here? – Yes. | -劳伦在么 -在 |
[07:36] | Can I see her? | 我能找她一下么 |
[07:39] | About what? | 有什么事 |
[07:40] | That’s between me and her. | 那是我和她之间的事情 |
[07:42] | Right now what’s between you and her is me. | 那么现在在你和她之间的正是我 |
[07:45] | So start talking. | 所以有话就快说 |
[07:48] | – Hi, Gabe. – Hey, Lauren. | -嗨 盖比 -嘿 劳伦 |
[07:51] | Do you want to go roller skating tomorrow? | 明天要不要一起去滑旱冰 |
[07:53] | Can I, grandma? | 可以吗 外婆 |
[07:54] | And now it’s back to me. | 现在是我的事情了吧 |
[07:59] | Pretty please? | 拜托拜托 |
[08:03] | Oh, all right. | 噢 好吧 |
[08:04] | – Thanks. – Yes. | -谢谢外婆 -太棒了 |
[08:06] | What time will you be picking us up? | 你什么时候来接我们 |
[08:09] | Us? | 你们 |
[08:11] | Well, I’m not gonna let you two go unchaperoned. | 没有监护人陪伴我可不能让你俩出去 |
[08:13] | You date her, you date me. | 约我外孙女 等同约我 |
[08:18] | Fine. I’ll be by tomorrow around 1:00. | 好吧 我明天下午一点来 |
[08:22] | Will you be taking us out for cheeseburgers? | 你会顺便带我们去吃顿干酪汉堡么 |
[08:26] | Don’t push it. | 别逼我 |
[08:28] | Wear something cute. | 打扮得帅一点哦 |
[08:37] | – Good morning, Vern. – Look what I found. | -早上好啊 弗恩 -看我发现了什么 |
[08:42] | The old me. | 旧的那个我 |
[08:44] | Big boy Bob, as the guys in the break room used to say. | 大男孩鲍伯 休息室这帮人总这么称呼他 |
[08:48] | The only guys in the break room are you and me, Vern. | 休息室里就只有我们俩 弗恩 |
[08:53] | I guess I said it to myself. | 好吧那可能只是我这么觉得 |
[08:57] | Why is he here? | 干嘛把他拿出来 |
[08:59] | Well, I’ve been thinking. | 嗯 我一直在想 |
[09:02] | We used to get a lot of | 我们以前活儿很多的 |
[09:03] | jobs when this guy was the face of the company. | 那时候公司形象是他 |
[09:05] | But then… | 但是然后呢 |
[09:08] | This guy came along. | 这个家伙来了 |
[09:10] | And as your little girl said, he’s scary. | 正如你家小丫头说的 他很吓人 |
[09:14] | He’s also in shape. | 但他也很有型啊 |
[09:17] | I think the new Bob is frightening the customers. | 我觉得是新鲍伯把顾客吓跑的 |
[09:21] | This guy you want in your house. | 你会希望这个鲍伯在你家里 |
[09:24] | He’s warm, he’s cuddly, he’s gonna eat some cookies, | 和蔼可亲 惹人喜爱 他可能会吃点饼干 |
[09:26] | maybe take a nap on your couch. | 甚至在你家沙发上小睡一会 |
[09:28] | I only did that once. | 我就那样做过一次 |
[09:32] | But this guy, he’s tough, he’s menacing, | 而这个鲍伯呢 他很严肃 很有威慑力 |
[09:35] | he’s gonna kill the bugs, but then what? | 他看上去会灭掉害虫 但是之后呢 |
[09:38] | Now he’s got a taste for blood. | 他嗜血的欲望还没得到满足 |
[09:41] | Oh, that’s ridic… what are you saying, Vern? | 太荒唐 你这是说什么 维恩 |
[09:45] | You want me to put the weight back on? | 你想让我再胖回去吗 |
[09:47] | Oh no no. Of course not. | 哦不 当然不是 |
[09:49] | Nobody’s saying anything like that. | 没人这么说 |
[09:52] | No no. | 不是的 |
[09:53] | Oh, lookie here. | 哦 看这儿 |
[09:56] | An ad for an all-you-can-eat buffet. | 一个吃到饱为止的自助餐广告 |
[09:59] | And us with nothing to do. | 不过和我们一点关系都没有哎 |
[10:09] | Okay. | 没问题 |
[10:14] | Hello. I’m Lionel Van Ness. Yale ’85. | 你好 我是莱昂内尔·凡·奈斯 耶鲁85届校友 |
[10:17] | Hi. I’m Teddy Duncan. | 你好 我是泰迪·邓肯 |
[10:19] | Yale ’18. If all goes well. | 耶鲁18岁校友 如果一切顺利的话 |
[10:25] | Can we start over? | 能从头来过么 |
[10:28] | Hello. I’m Lionel Van Ness. Yale ’85. | 你好 我是莱昂内尔·凡·奈斯 耶鲁85届校友 |
[10:35] | Please, make yourself comfortable. | 请进 随意点就好 |
[10:37] | Listen, I know these interviews can be intimidating, | 好的 我知道这种面试可能会有些压迫感 |
[10:40] | but I just want you to relax, be yourself. | 但是我希望你放松下来展示最真实的自己 |
[10:43] | We’re just two people talking. | 我们只是随意的交谈 |
[10:45] | Sounds good to me. | 听起来不错 |
[10:47] | So, Teddy, what made you think about Yale? | 那么 泰迪 你为什么选择耶鲁呢 |
[10:51] | Oh well, there are so many reasons. | 那个 原因很多 |
[10:54] | But if I had to pick one, | 如果一定要我选择一个的话 |
[10:56] | I guess I’d say I have a thing for bulldogs. | 大概是因为我喜欢斗牛犬吧 |
[11:06] | It’s the mascot. | 那是吉祥物 |
[11:10] | Oh, hi. What’s going on here? | 嗨 这里在干嘛 |
[11:13] | I told you. My college interview. | 我告诉过你 我的大学面试 |
[11:15] | Oh, right. I’m sorry. | 哦 对 不好意思 |
[11:17] | I’m Amy Duncan. Teddy’s mom. | 我是艾米·邓肯 泰迪的妈妈 |
[11:19] | Hello, Lionel Van Ness. | 你好啊 我是莱昂内尔·凡·奈斯 |
[11:21] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[11:25] | Uh, mom, what are you doing? | 妈妈 你在干嘛呢 |
[11:27] | I’m sitting in. | 我在旁听 |
[11:29] | You won’t even know that I’m here. | 你甚至发觉不了我在这里的 |
[11:33] | That’s all right with you, isn’t it, Lionel? | 你应该没什么问题吧 莱昂内尔 |
[11:34] | Well, it’s a bit unusual, but I guess it’s okay. | 好吧 这虽然有点不太寻常 但是还行吧 |
[11:37] | Great. Come on in, boys. | 太好了 过来吧 男孩子们 |
[11:41] | What is going on? | 这是在干什么 |
[11:42] | Okay, let’s go back to where | 现在让我们回到 |
[11:43] | you greet each other like you never met, okay? | 你们好像第一次见面的时候 好吗 |
[11:45] | And with good energy. | 调好状态 |
[11:57] | What is all this? | 这都是什么啊 |
[11:58] | Oh, I’m sorry, Lionel. Allow me to explain. | 哦 对不起 莱昂内尔 我来解释一下 |
[12:01] | I’m a local TV personality. | 我是个当地电视界的名人 |
[12:04] | And I’m filming a segment for my show “Good Morning, Denver”. | 我正在拍我的节目《早安丹佛》中的一段 |
[12:07] | And you two are gonna be on it. | 然后你们俩会参与其中哦 |
[12:10] | No, we’re not. | 不 我们不要 |
[12:12] | My sweet Teddy. She’s so beautiful, | 我亲爱的小泰迪 她这么美丽动人 |
[12:15] | it’s hard to believe she’s camera shy. | 真不敢相信她面对镜头会害羞 |
[12:18] | Mom, could I have a quick word with you in the kitchen? | 妈 我们俩能不能去厨房小谈一下 |
[12:21] | – Sure, Sweetie. – Yes. Be right back. | -没问题 宝贝 -好的 一会儿回来 |
[12:24] | Hey Ken, could you get him into a different shirt? | 肯 你能不能给他换一件上衣呀 |
[12:27] | One that goes with my eyes? | 要和我的眼睛很相配 |
[12:34] | – What are you doing?! – I’m killing two birds with one stone. | -你在干嘛啊 -我在一箭双雕一石二鸟啊 |
[12:38] | Teddy, I need a new segment for my show, | 泰迪 我需要给节目新录一段内容 |
[12:40] | and you need help getting into Yale. | 而且你需要我帮你进耶鲁大学 |
[12:42] | Mom, how is this helping? | 妈 这怎么会有帮助呢 |
[12:44] | Having your interview on TV is gonna make you stand out. | 在电视上面试会让你脱颖而出的 |
[12:46] | And if I happen to win a | 而且如果我也能获得 |
[12:49] | local emmy as well, well, it’s a win-win. | 一个本地艾美奖 这真是个双赢啊 |
[12:52] | Mom, this is really important to me, | 妈 这对我来说真的很重要 |
[12:55] | so just please don’t blow it. | 求您千万别给我弄砸了 |
[12:56] | I’m not gonna blow it, okay? I just need five minutes. | 我才不会弄砸了 好吗 我只需要五分钟 |
[12:59] | I’ll get a couple of quick shots and I’ll be on my way. | 快速拍一组镜头 我就撤 |
[13:03] | Five minutes, but that’s it. | 五分钟 就五分钟 |
[13:05] | Thank you, honey. Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. | 谢谢亲爱的 等一下等一下 |
[13:06] | One more thing, if you could | 还有一件事 |
[13:08] | find some time to mention the phrase um… | 如果你能找到一些机会 |
[13:11] | “Rick’s Diner, quality you can taste”… | 提到“瑞克的餐厅 尝得到的品质”的话 |
[13:14] | that would be… too much? Okay. | 那就 要求太多了 就这样吧 |
[13:21] | So. We having fun yet? | 我们现在还玩的挺好的对吧 |
[13:24] | – No. – Good. | -不好 -太好了 |
[13:28] | Oh, hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[13:29] | PJ! What the heck are you doing here? | PJ 你来这里干嘛啊 |
[13:33] | At the roller rink unexpectedly. | 来溜冰场 好意外啊 |
[13:36] | Oh, hello, Gabe. | 哦 嗨 盖比 |
[13:38] | I just came by to roller skate. | 我就是来溜冰的 |
[13:40] | As I often do this time of day. | 像每一天的这个时候一样 |
[13:42] | As long as you’re here, you can chaperone us, | 既然你来了 你就能当我们监护人了 |
[13:46] | and Mrs. Dabney can go home. | 达布尼夫人就可以回家了 |
[13:48] | Do you really think I’d leave my granddaughter with Devil Child | 你真以为我会把我孙女留给恶魔小孩 |
[13:52] | and Devil Child’s dimwitted brother? | 和恶魔小孩他笨蛋哥哥吗 |
[13:54] | Don’t worry, Mrs. Dabney. Gabe and I will be here too. | 不用担心 达布尼夫人 我和盖比也会在这里的 |
[14:03] | Okay, new plan. You keep Dabney | 好吧 新计划 你来拖住达布尼 |
[14:04] | occupied so I can get some alone time with Lauren. | 这样我就有时间单独和劳伦相处了 |
[14:06] | – Alright you got it little bro. – Thanks. | -没问题的弟弟 -谢谢了 |
[14:08] | I will not let Mrs. Dabney out of my sight. | 我不会让达布尼夫人离开我的视线的 |
[14:12] | I lost her. | 我把她看丢了 |
[14:17] | – This is nice, huh? – Yeah. | -太棒了 是吧 -嗯 |
[14:22] | Oh, I think it’s a couples’ skate. | 哦 我想这是个成对的组合 |
[14:25] | So I think we’re supposed to hold hands. | 所以 我们应该要牵起手来了 |
[14:27] | Well, if we have to. | 好吧 如果我们必须要的话 |
[14:31] | If we have to. | 如果我们必须要的话 |
[14:37] | Oh no you don’t. | 你不必了 |
[14:41] | And now it’s triple skate. | 现在是滑冰三人组了 |
[14:45] | Found her. | 找到她啦 |
[14:53] | Also, I’ve always been interested in writing, | 此外 我对写作非常有兴趣 |
[14:56] | and I know that Yale has a great English Department which, um… | 我知道耶鲁大学有个非常不错的英语系 |
[15:01] | Is actually what drew me there in the first place. | 那是首先吸引我的地方 |
[15:03] | You know, I’ve considered a career in… in journalism and possibly… | 你知道 我打算做一名记者 或者 |
[15:09] | Teaching. You’re breathing on my neck. | 教书 你的气都喘到我脖子上来了 |
[15:12] | Honey, it’s for the camera. It’s called a two-shot. | 亲爱的 这都是为了镜头 这叫双人特写镜头 |
[15:14] | Are you getting this, Ken? | 你拍到了吗 肯 |
[15:16] | What would you consider your greatest challenge? | 你对自己最大的挑战是怎么想的 |
[15:18] | Oh, you mean besides this? | 哦 你是说除了这个吗 |
[15:22] | I have to say choosing the right major. | 我想我要说的是 选择正确的专业 |
[15:26] | Because I have so many different interests. | 因为我有很多不同的兴趣爱好 |
[15:28] | – It’s gonna… – You know, if I may, Lionel. | -那将会 -如果是我的话 莱昂内尔 |
[15:30] | I think what Teddy’s trying to say is that, | 我觉得泰迪想说的是 |
[15:32] | she has been drawn to Yale because | 她之所以想去耶鲁大学是因为 |
[15:34] | she wants to follow in her mother’s footsteps. | 她想跟随她妈妈的步伐 |
[15:37] | Oh, did you go to Yale? | 哦 您也读过耶鲁大学吗 |
[15:39] | I thought about it. | 我想去来着 |
[15:41] | But then I chose Southwest Denver Community College. | 后来我选择了丹佛西南社区学院 |
[15:45] | The jewel of The Rockies. | 落基山脉的瑰宝 |
[15:48] | You know, Yale’s just been done to death, so. | 你懂的 耶鲁都快被人讲烂了 |
[15:50] | Getting back to Teddy uh, tell me about your extracurriculars. | 说回到泰迪 呃 给我讲讲你的课余活动吧 |
[15:55] | Uh, well, I’ve always had a passion for theater. | 嗯 我一直很热爱戏剧 |
[15:59] | – It’s… – I have a question. | -它很 -我有个问题 |
[16:00] | You’re gonna want to go tight on this, Ken. | 肯 你要跟紧了 |
[16:04] | As a concerned mother, I want to know about your meal plan. | 作为一个关心你的妈妈 我想了解一下你的午餐计划 |
[16:08] | I am not gonna send my daughter all the way across the country | 我才不要把我的宝贝女儿送到那么远的地方 |
[16:11] | if she doesn’t have balanced nutrition and… | 如果她没有均衡的营养做支柱的话 |
[16:14] | I’m sorry. I can do so much better. Let’s just do that again. | 不好意思 我能做得更好的 我们再来一遍吧 |
[16:19] | – As a concerned… – Stop it! | -作为一个关心她的 -打住 |
[16:21] | – What? – Your five minutes are up. | -怎么了 -你的五分钟时间到了 |
[16:23] | You’re done. | 你们完工了 |
[16:25] | – Teddy, I’m just trying to help. – Who? | -泰迪 我在试着帮你 -谁 |
[16:27] | Who are you helping? Because it’s not me. | 你在帮谁 这都不是我了 |
[16:34] | Guys, could you turn the camera off. Just take five. | 伙计们 能不能先关一下摄像机 就五分钟 |
[16:40] | I did it again, didn’t I? | 我又这样了 是不是 |
[16:43] | I’m sorry, Teddy. I’m so so sorry. | 对不起啊 泰迪 真对不起 |
[16:45] | I just… sometimes I | 我只是 有些时候 |
[16:47] | want to be on TV so bad that I lose my head. | 我太想上电视了 我都失去理智了 |
[16:50] | Yeah, well, it’s over. | 好吧 都结束了 |
[16:52] | So Mr. Van Ness, I’m… | 凡奈斯先生 我 |
[16:55] | Very sorry that we wasted your time. | 非常抱歉 浪费您的时间了 |
[16:57] | I know this thing has been a complete disaster. | 我知道 整个事情变成了一场灾难 |
[16:59] | And I’m never going to Yale. | 我也不可能去耶鲁了 |
[17:02] | Actually, I’m very impressed with you. | 事实上 你给我留下了非常深刻的印象 |
[17:05] | Your grades are excellent, you’re well-rounded, | 你很优秀 很多才多艺 |
[17:07] | and now that I know you’ve accomplished everything | 你不管遇到多么复杂的情形 |
[17:10] | under such difficult circumstances… | 也能镇静的面对 |
[17:13] | I’m gonna recommend you. | 我会推荐你的 |
[17:15] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:17] | Well, that’s amazing! | 天啊 太棒了 |
[17:22] | You’re welcome! | 不客气 |
[17:32] | – What’s going on, boss? – We’re doing a photo shoot, Vern. | -怎么了 老大 -我们在拍照片 弗恩 |
[17:34] | Oh, we’re finally gonna do that calendar? | 哦 我们终于要拍照片日历了 |
[17:36] | “The men of Bob’s Bugs Be Gone”. | 鲍伯杀虫一扫光的男人 |
[17:39] | Dibs on baby new year. | 新年宝宝我定了 |
[17:42] | Yeah, I’m gonna need a minute to get that image out of my head. | 得给我一分钟让我忘掉那个画面 |
[17:46] | No, I was thinking about what you said. | 不是啊 我考虑了你说的话 |
[17:48] | About how the customers think I’m scary. | 关于顾客说我很吓人的那些 |
[17:50] | – What about it? – Maybe you’re right. | -想了些什么 -可能你是对的 |
[17:53] | So you know what? We should do new shots. | 所以你知道吗 我们要拍些新照片了 |
[17:55] | Make me look friendly and lovable, | 让我看起来更友善可亲一些 |
[17:57] | so that people will want me in their house killing things. | 这样人们就愿意让我去他们家杀虫了 |
[17:59] | Brilliant. Let’s do it. | 太棒了 咱们开始吧 |
[18:01] | S-s-super star. | 超超超级巨星 |
[18:04] | Big star going far, there you are. | 大明星 你来啦 |
[18:06] | S-s-super star. | 超超超级巨星 |
[18:08] | S-s-super star. | 超超超级巨星 |
[18:11] | Look so bright. Livin’ right. Here all night. | 既然如此光鲜 就要活在当下 整晚洒脱狂欢 |
[18:14] | S-s-superstar. | 超超超级巨星 |
[18:15] | This isn’t working, is it? | 这没用的 对吗 |
[18:18] | Too bad you don’t have a puppy. | 真遗憾 你没有小狗 |
[18:19] | Nobody can resist those little guys. | 对小萌物 没人会有抵抗力 |
[18:21] | Oh, wait a minute. Wait a minute. I got something even better. | 等一下 等一下 我有更好的 |
[18:28] | Now we’re talking, boss. | 这才像话嘛 老大 |
[18:30] | Hey, I even have a new slogan. | 嘿 我甚至想了一句新口号 |
[18:32] | “I’ll protect your house just like it’s my own baby”. | 我对待你的房子 恰如对待我的孩子 |
[18:35] | Love it. | 我喜欢 |
[18:36] | So how do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[18:38] | – Getting my smile okay? – I’m getting everything I need. | -微笑如何 -一切都是我想要的 |
[18:50] | Oh wow. | 哇哦 |
[18:52] | I forgot how much fun dating can be. | 我都忘了约会有多好玩了 |
[18:55] | If you ask us out again, we’ll probably say yes. | 如果你再约我们出来的话 我们应该会答应的啦 |
[19:00] | All right, Mrs. Dabney, let’s see what you got. | 好啊 达布尼太太 让我看看你都有什么本事 |
[19:03] | Oh no. I gotta keep my eye on these two. | 不 我只有看着这俩人的本事 |
[19:06] | Oh, I get it. You don’t got any moves. | 哦 我懂了 你什么绝技也没有啊 |
[19:08] | Oh, it’s gonna be like that, huh? All right. | 哦 拿这句等着我呢 是吧 |
[19:12] | You two, hands to yourself. | 你们俩 自己好好玩 |
[19:14] | I gotta take PJ to school. | 我得带PJ去学校 |
[19:19] | – Let’s go. – Okay. | -走吧 -好的 |
[19:31] | Wow, Mrs. Dabney, you move pretty well for an old… | 哇哦 达布尼太太 你的绝技还真不错 |
[19:35] | School skater. | 对一个老滑冰选手来说 |
[19:38] | Why did you pause? | 你为什么暂停呢 |
[19:39] | I… | 我 |
[19:41] | Sometimes do that. | 有时会这样 |
[19:56] | You know, I was once in an ice skating contest | 你知道吗 我曾经参加过一个滑冰比赛 |
[19:58] | where I picked Gabe up and twirled him over my head. | 我抱起盖比 让他在我头顶转了两圈 |
[20:01] | Not gonna happen. | 这不会发生在咱俩身上的 |
[20:02] | Oh, neither I nor the laws of gravity were suggesting it. | 哦 我和重力原理都不会允许的 |
[20:06] | Sometimes you’re smart, sometimes you’re dumb. | 有时候你很聪明 有时候你又很笨 |
[20:09] | It’s hard to keep up. | 很难保持的啦 |
[20:15] | I just want you to know | 我只是想让你知道 |
[20:16] | that no matter what your grandmother says, | 不管你奶奶说了些什么 |
[20:18] | I’m not a bad guy. | 我不是个坏男孩 |
[20:20] | Maybe I like bad guys. | 也许我喜欢坏男孩呢 |
[20:32] | – Ready to kick it up a notch? – Try and stop me! | -准备好更上一层楼了吗 -谁都别拦着我 |
[20:41] | No! | 不 |
[20:49] | Hey, Charlie. So piece of advice, | 嘿 查莉 一些小建议 |
[20:52] | when it’s time for your college interviews, just go to them. | 等你大学面试的时候 你就过去面试吧 |
[20:55] | Don’t let them come to you. | 别让他们来家找你 |
[20:58] | You know what? Actually, this applies to everything. | 你知道吗 其实呢 这个道理适用于很多情况 |
[21:01] | Playdates, sleepovers, first dates. | 玩乐的约会啊 过夜的狂欢啊 第一次约会啊 |
[21:06] | Basically any social interaction. | 基本上 所有的社交活动吧 |
[21:09] | Can you do that somewhere else? I’m hurting over here. | 你能去别的地方拍这个吗 我这儿正受伤 |
[21:12] | Gabe’s a little cranky. | 盖比很暴躁 |
[21:14] | He went on a date and had a little mishap. | 他去约会了 遭遇了一点小事故 |
[21:17] | A mishap? | 小事故吗 |
[21:19] | I went looking for love and got a face full of Dabney. | 我出去寻找真爱 达布尼太太却迎面而来 |
[21:25] | Wish him good luck, Charlie. | 祝他好运吧 小查莉 |
[21:33] | Peek-a-boo. I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[21:37] | Peek-a-boo! I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[21:39] | Man, I’m so sick of this game. | 天啊 这游戏我真玩腻了 |
[21:41] | And this guy seems to love it. | 这家伙还挺喜欢玩的 |
[21:44] | Peek-a-boo. I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[21:46] | Oh, there’s a new twist… | 哦 来玩个新的啊 |
[21:49] | Not. | 还是没有 |
[21:50] | Peek-a-boo! I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[21:52] | Anything but this. | 什么都行 除了这个 |
[21:54] | “Wheels on the bus”? “Itsy bitsy spider”? Something? | 公车的轮子 可爱的小蜘蛛 或者其他什么都行 |
[21:58] | Peek-a-boo. I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[22:00] | Check, please?! | 求您啦 |
[22:05] | 3 o’clock. | 三点啦 |
[22:06] | Time for “Yacky the Duck”. | 《小鸭子雅克》时间 |
[22:10] | Oh, thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 |
[22:13] | Oh, I’ve seen this one already. | 哦 这集我看过了 |
[22:15] | Huh? No no no no no. It’s worth another look. | 啊 别啊别啊 值得再看一遍的 |
[22:19] | There’s nuance, subtlety, there’s… | 还是有一些小小的 细微的差别的 |
[22:20] | Peek-a-boo. I see you. | 躲猫猫 我看见你啦 |
[22:22] | Oh, Aah! | 啊啊啊啊啊啊 |