时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Ga… Gabe? | 盖 盖比 |
[00:10] | I asked you to take your clothes upstairs. | 我说过让你把衣服拿到楼上去的 |
[00:12] | Yeah, I said I would. I just didn’t say when. | 我说了我会拿 又没说什么时候拿 |
[00:16] | I don’t get you sometimes, you know? | 你知道吗 我有时候真的搞不懂你 |
[00:18] | I wash your clothes. I dry them. | 你的衣服我洗好了 甩干了 |
[00:20] | I fold them. I put them in the basket. | 叠好了 装进篮子里 |
[00:22] | All I ask is that you take them upstairs. | 你只需要把他们拿到楼上去 |
[00:25] | I see what’s going on here. | 我知道怎么回事了 |
[00:26] | Somebody needs a pat on the back. | 某人需要点儿鼓励 |
[00:28] | Hey, you’re doing great, mom. | 嘿 你做得真不错啊 老妈 |
[00:31] | Clothes upstairs now. | 赶紧把衣服拿上楼 |
[00:34] | Oh. Hold that thought. | 等会儿再说 |
[00:36] | Hello. Oh, hey, Lauren. | 你好 哦 是劳伦啊 |
[00:39] | Yeah, how’s it going? Oh, no, I’m not doing anything. | 对啊 你怎么样 没事 我很闲的 |
[00:41] | Don’t forget to take your… | 别忘记拿上楼 |
[00:43] | Yeah, so what’s up? | 嗯 所以呢 |
[00:47] | Yeah, sure you’re cute now. | 唉 你现在是很可爱 |
[00:49] | One day you’ll disappoint me too. | 迟早有一天你也会气死我的 |
[00:54] | Today’s all burnt toast | 生活搞得一团糟 |
[00:56] | Running late, and dad jokes | 就要迟到 爸爸在叫 |
[00:58] | Has anybody seen my left shoe | 我左脚的鞋子有没有人看到 |
[01:01] | I close my eyes, take a bite | 我闭上眼 咬口早餐 |
[01:02] | Grab a ride, laugh out loud | 跳上车子 放声大笑 |
[01:04] | There it is up on the roof | 哎呀 老爸 鞋子就在房顶上 |
[01:08] | I’ve been there, I’ve survived | 我也曾这样生活 我已经顺利走过 |
[01:11] | So just take my advice | 所以听取我的建议 |
[01:14] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:16] | Things are crazy | 世界有很多疯狂无奈 |
[01:17] | But I know your future’s bright | 可是我知道你会有美好将来 |
[01:20] | Hang in there, baby | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:22] | There’s no maybe | 不要怀疑 |
[01:24] | Everything turns out all right | 一切终会如你所愿 |
[01:27] | Sure life is up and down | 生活有悲有喜 |
[01:29] | But trust me it comes back around | 但是请相信我 坚持就有好结果 |
[01:33] | You’re gonna love who you turn out to be | 你会喜欢将来的你 |
[01:38] | Hang in there, baby. | 宝贝 不要放弃 |
[01:50] | Hey! Want to hear some exciting news? | 嘿 我这有条激动人心的消息 |
[01:53] | Emmett and I are apartment sitting for the guy upstairs. | 我和埃米特在帮楼上那家伙照看公寓 |
[01:55] | We’re taking care of his pet rats. | 还要照料他的宠物鼠 |
[01:57] | And the exciting part is…? | 哪里激动人心了 |
[02:00] | Somebody trusts me and Emmett. | 有人信赖我和埃米特耶 |
[02:02] | With rats. | 照顾老鼠 |
[02:04] | Live rats. | 活的老鼠 |
[02:07] | Wait, so you guys aren’t going to be in your apartment tonight? | 等等 所以你俩今晚不住在自己公寓了么 |
[02:10] | That’s right. Why? | 答对了 怎么了 |
[02:11] | Well, I was kind of thinking about having a slumber party. | 我有点想办个睡衣派对 |
[02:14] | See, tonight would be my anniversary with Spencer. | 你看 今晚是我和斯宾塞的周年纪念日 |
[02:17] | But rather than sit around and mope, | 但是比起呆呆地傻坐着郁闷 |
[02:19] | I was thinking I should have some fun with my girls. | 我想我更应该和朋友们一起玩 |
[02:23] | And you want me to bring | 那么你是想要我带着 |
[02:25] | the rats over to liven up the festivities? | 老鼠一起参加派对吗 |
[02:28] | Actually I was hoping I | 事实上我只是希望 |
[02:30] | could have the slumber party at your apartment. | 可以在你的公寓办睡衣派对 |
[02:33] | – Oh, sure. No problem. – Thanks. | -好啊 没问题 -谢啦 |
[02:35] | You know, we could do it here, | 你知道的 我们在这里开派对也可以 |
[02:37] | it’s just there’s so many people around. | 只是这里人多眼杂 |
[02:39] | – Mom? – That’s the people I’m talking about. | -你是指老妈 -我说的就是她 |
[02:48] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[02:49] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[02:52] | – Charlie, look at this. – I can’t read, daddy. | -查莉 你看这个 -我不识字 爸爸 |
[02:56] | I’m sorry. Look, this is an ad… | 不好意思 看 这是则广告 |
[02:59] | For a new extermination company. | 是一家新的除虫公司的 |
[03:02] | Vern Hardy, formerly of Bob’s Bugs-Be-Gone… | 弗恩·哈迪 鲍伯害虫一扫光除虫公司前任专家 |
[03:05] | Has opened Vern’s Vermin-Be-Vanquished. | 开张了弗恩害虫消灭净除虫公司 |
[03:10] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[03:18] | Hi, Vern. Hey, what’s new? | 嗨 弗恩 嘿 怎么样 |
[03:23] | Yeah. No no no no. I do accept your resignation. | 好的 不不不 我接受你的辞职 |
[03:27] | Hey, this is how you repay me | 这就是你回报给我的 |
[03:29] | for 12 years of work, by stabbing me in the back? | 我带了你12年 你却在背后捅我一刀 |
[03:32] | You… | 你 |
[03:33] | I know killing bugs is an ugly business. | 我知道除虫界充满了黑幕和丑闻 |
[03:36] | I taught you that! | 这句还是我教你的 |
[03:46] | Now what am I gonna do? | 现在我该做什么呢 |
[03:47] | Get someone else. | 找个新伙计 |
[03:49] | You know what? For someone who can’t read, you’re pretty smart. | 你知道吗 对于一个还不识字的人来说 你可真聪明 |
[03:59] | Thanks for this, P.J. You know, | 谢谢 PJ 你知道吗 |
[04:01] | tonight I just want to have fun… | 今晚我只想放松地玩 |
[04:04] | And not even think about | 完全不要想起 |
[04:05] | you-know-who and the fact that it’s our you-know-what. | 某个人以及我们之间的某些事 |
[04:08] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[04:09] | Hey, you know, I think the last time you were here, | 对了 我记得你上次来这里 |
[04:11] | was when I made that French dinner for you and Spencer. | 还是我给你和斯宾塞准备法式大餐的时候呢 |
[04:13] | Also known as you-know-who. | 可以称他为某个人么 |
[04:16] | That was for your anniversary, | 那次是为了庆祝你们的周年纪念日 |
[04:18] | -wasn’t it? – And there’s the you-know-what. | -不是么 -这个正是我说的某些事 |
[04:22] | – What were you going to show me? – Okay, first thing… | -有什么嘱咐的么 -哦 第一件事 |
[04:25] | Don’t touch the D.V.R. I’m | 不许碰录像机 我在 |
[04:26] | recording a Yacky the Duck Marathon. Very important. | 录“小鸭子雅克”的剧集连播呢 很重要的 |
[04:29] | Also, plumbing can be tricky. | 还有 下水道有点问题 |
[04:31] | Don’t use the kitchen sink and | 不要同时使用厨房水龙头 |
[04:33] | the toilet at the same time. Bad things will happen. | 和厕所 不然会发生糟糕的事情哦 |
[04:37] | – Okay. – Really bad things. | -好的 -真的会非常糟糕哦 |
[04:38] | – This one time Emmett was… – I don’t need to know. | -有一次埃米特 -我不想知道 |
[04:40] | Okay, uh… you’re welcome to anything in the fridge. | 好吧 嗯 冰箱你随便用 |
[04:44] | There’s not much in there. Just a banana. | 反正里面也没什么东西 就一根香蕉 |
[04:46] | Oh! Actually, don’t touch the banana. That’s Emmett’s. | 其实那根香蕉最好别碰 那是埃米特的 |
[04:49] | Got it. Anything else? | 知道了 还有什么吗 |
[04:51] | Uh, let’s see… Yacky, plumbing, banana… nope. We’re good. | 我想想 雅克 下水道 香蕉 没啦 搞定了 |
[04:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:03] | Hey, Lauren, come on in. | 劳伦 快请进 |
[05:05] | Hi, Mrs. Duncan. | 你好 邓肯太太 |
[05:06] | Hi. You must be Charlie. | 你好呀 你就是小查莉吧 |
[05:09] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[05:11] | I’m Lauren. I’m Mrs. Dabney’s granddaughter. | 我叫劳伦 是达布尼太太的外孙女 |
[05:13] | But you seem nice. | 但是你看起来像是个好人 |
[05:16] | We’re all baffled. | 我们都被人误解了 |
[05:20] | Whoa. Whoa. Laundry basket almost took me down. | 这个洗衣篮差点绊倒我 |
[05:25] | What is that doing there? I will be right back. | 它怎么会出现在这里 我去去就回 |
[05:28] | So sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[05:31] | – Did you see that? – Unbelievable. | -你看到了吗 -难以置信 |
[05:37] | Thank you, Lauren. | 谢谢你 劳伦 |
[05:39] | You know, with five kids, | 你知道的 家有五个孩子 |
[05:41] | I don’t always notice what needs to be put away. | 我都搞不清楚该把什么东西收起来了 |
[05:44] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 哦 不客气 |
[05:45] | It’s really funny. Yeah, there’s probably, | 太荒唐了 对了 你看下这里 |
[05:48] | stuff lying all over this house making a mess. | 屋子里的东西到处都是 是不是有点乱 |
[05:50] | Stuff right here in this room. | 比如客厅里这一堆 |
[05:54] | – See anything? – Um, I don’t know. | -你觉得怎么样 -呃 我不确定 |
[05:57] | The video games are kind of messy, I guess. | 我觉得这些游戏光碟有点乱 |
[05:59] | – Huh. – Okay, I’m back. | -嗯 -好的 我回来啦 |
[06:02] | Gabe, Lauren and I were just talking. | 盖比 我和劳伦在聊天 |
[06:03] | What was it you were saying about the video games? | 刚刚你说这堆光碟怎么了 |
[06:06] | That they were messy? | 它们有点乱 |
[06:07] | Messy, yes, that’s the word that you used. | 乱 对了 你就是这么形容的 |
[06:10] | Oh. That’s my bad. | 哦 是我不好 |
[06:13] | That’s his bad. | 是他不好 |
[06:15] | You’re welcome here any time, Lauren. Any time at all. | 随时欢迎你来玩 劳伦 想来就来 |
[06:23] | Come in. | 请进 |
[06:24] | Hi, I’m Beau Landry. I’m here about the job. | 您好 我是博·兰德里 来这里找工作 |
[06:27] | – Bob Duncan. – It’s a pleasure to meet you, Sir. | -我是鲍伯·邓肯 -很高兴见到您 先生 |
[06:30] | – Have a seat. – Here’s my resume. | -请坐 -这是我的简历 |
[06:36] | Well, looks like you just moved here. | 嗯 看来你是新搬来的 |
[06:38] | Yes Sir, from Hollow Rock, Tennessee. | 对的先生 从田纳西的中空岩 |
[06:40] | – So why’d you leave? – You ever been to Hollow Rock, Tennessee? | -你为什么要搬走呢 -先生您去过田纳西的中空岩吗 |
[06:44] | – So what brought you to Denver? – The bus. | -那你是怎么来丹佛的呢 -坐汽车来的 |
[06:49] | Naw, I’m just messing with you. | 哦不 我逗你玩儿呢 |
[06:52] | My Aunt lives in Denver, | 我阿姨住在丹佛 |
[06:53] | so I figure while I’m staying with her… | 我想我住在她家里的时候 |
[06:55] | I might as well check it out, look for a job, | 最好出来看看 找份工作 |
[06:58] | make some money, save for college. | 挣点钱准备交大学学费 |
[07:00] | Well, Beau, you seem like a great kid, but you just… | 好的 博 你看上去很不错 但是 |
[07:04] | You don’t have any experience in the field. | 你缺乏相关领域的专业经验 |
[07:07] | Well, I can’t argue that, but I really want this job, Sir. | 这个我承认 但先生 我真的很想要这份工作 |
[07:11] | Ever since I was little, | 当我还是个小孩子时 |
[07:12] | it’s been my dream to be an exterminator. | 我的梦想就是做一名除虫专家 |
[07:14] | – Really? – Naw, I’m just messing with you again. | -真的 -哦不 我逗你玩儿呢 |
[07:18] | I actually just want a job. | 我其实只是想找份工作 什么都行 |
[07:19] | Okay, well, that’s good enough for me. | 好吧 对我来说已经不错了 |
[07:22] | – You’re hired. – Really? | -你被录取了 -真的 |
[07:24] | No, just messing with you. | 不 我逗你玩儿呢 |
[07:32] | This is gonna be so much fun. | 今晚肯定超级好玩 |
[07:35] | Too bad Ivy’s too sick to be here. | 艾薇病了来不了真是太遗憾了 |
[07:37] | Yeah. She is sick, right? | 对啊 她是真的生病了吧 |
[07:39] | Because sometimes I get the feeling she doesn’t like me. | 因为我有时候会觉得她不喜欢我 |
[07:42] | – Why would you say that? – She told me she doesn’t like me. | -你怎么会这么想 -她亲口说她不喜欢我 |
[07:46] | She told me that too. | 她也和我说过 |
[07:48] | Oh, Ivy doesn’t like you either? | 哦 艾薇也不喜欢你 |
[07:50] | No, she told me she doesn’t like you. | 不是 她告诉我她不喜欢你 |
[07:55] | Moving past Ivy to the fun part… | 跳过艾薇 说点好玩的吧 |
[07:58] | Okay, have you guys seen Jackson? | 好的 你们知道杰克逊吗 |
[08:00] | The new boy at school? | 学校里新来的男生 |
[08:02] | He is c-u-t-e… Cute! | 他简直太 太可爱了 |
[08:05] | I talked to him at lunch, | 我午饭时和他说过话 |
[08:07] | but I couldn’t tell if he was interested. | 但是我不知道他对我有没有兴趣 |
[08:09] | How do you know if a boy likes you? | 你要怎么知道一个男生是不是喜欢你呢 |
[08:10] | I have so many questions about boys, like, | 关于男生我不懂的太多了 比如说 |
[08:13] | why are they so mean? Why are they so stupid? | 他们为什么这么卑鄙 为什么这么愚蠢 |
[08:16] | Why don’t I have one? | 为什么没人做我男朋友 |
[08:19] | Guys, can we please just not talk about boys tonight? | 姑娘们 我们今晚能不聊男生么 |
[08:22] | I’m sorry, it’s just kind of a sore subject. | 不好意思 这个话题让我心情很不好 |
[08:25] | You’re right, Teddy. I’m sorry. | 对的 泰迪 不好意思 |
[08:28] | – Hello, can I come in? – Ooh! That sounds like a boy! | -你们好 我能进来吗 -听起来是个男生 |
[08:32] | Come on in. | 快请进 |
[08:37] | It’s not a boy. It’s just my brother. | 不是男生啦 只是我哥 |
[08:40] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[08:41] | Oh, just double-checking you’re not using the D.V.R. | 就是再次确定一下你没在用录像机 |
[08:45] | Oh, and Emmett wants his banana. | 还有 埃米特想吃香蕉了 |
[08:47] | Hey, P.J., can I ask you a question? | 嘿 PJ 能问你个问题吗 |
[08:50] | Sorry, Teddy, this is gonna be about boys. | 抱歉啦泰迪 又是男生的话题 |
[08:52] | Go ahead. | 说吧 |
[08:54] | Okay, how does a girl know if a boy likes her? | 好的 女生要怎样才能知道一个男生是否喜欢她呢 |
[08:58] | Oh, that’s easy. It’s the | 很容易啊 就是 |
[08:59] | way he looks at you when you first meet. | 当你们第一次遇见彼此 |
[09:02] | It seems like time stops | 似乎时光为此驻足 |
[09:03] | and you’re the only two people in the world. | 世界上只余你们两人 |
[09:05] | – Oh! – I want that. | -哦 -我也好想有那种感觉 |
[09:09] | I had that. | 我曾有过 |
[09:11] | Oh, hey, that reminds me… happy anniversary, sis. | 嘿 这倒提醒了我 周年快乐呀小妹 |
[09:14] | Really? | 有没有搞错 |
[09:16] | What? I didn’t say Spencer’s name. | 怎么了 我这次可没提斯宾塞的名字 |
[09:18] | Oh, dang it! | 哦 该死 |
[09:28] | If you came over to borrow something, I’m out of it. | 你要是过来借什么东西的话 不巧我刚用完 |
[09:31] | Good afternoon to you too. | 你也下午快乐 |
[09:35] | Actually, I was wondering if Lauren could come over. | 事实上 我想请劳伦来我家玩 |
[09:37] | How come you’re asking and not Gabe? | 为什么是你来不是盖比呢 |
[09:39] | What’s going on, Amy? | 你有什么事 艾米 |
[09:41] | Does something have to be going on, | 一定要有什么事 |
[09:42] | for me to pay a visit to my friend and neighbor Mrs. Dabney? | 我才能来拜访我亲爱的朋友和邻居达布尼太太吗 |
[09:46] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:48] | Yeah, okay, I’m not buying it either. | 哦 好吧 我也不信这一套 |
[09:51] | Okay, here’s the deal… | 好吧 事情是这样的 |
[09:53] | I cannot get Gabe to do his chores. | 我使唤不动盖比做家务 |
[09:55] | But whenever Lauren asks him to do something, | 但是只要劳伦让他做什么 |
[09:57] | he does it, so can I borrow her for a while? | 他都会去做 所以我想借劳伦一用 |
[10:02] | Why would I let you take advantage of my precious granddaughter? | 我凭什么让你利用我宝贵的外孙女呢 |
[10:07] | Because… | 因为 |
[10:10] | Maybe there’s something in it for you. | 你也可以有利可图啊 |
[10:12] | Evil is a two-way street. | 恶魔从不独行 |
[10:14] | Evil? I’m listening. | 恶魔 这话有点意思 |
[10:18] | You could use Gabe to get Lauren to do her chores. | 你也可以利用盖比来让劳伦做家务 |
[10:23] | I thought you’d like it. | 我觉得你会喜欢的 |
[10:25] | So, for instance, | 那么 比如说 |
[10:27] | if Gabe were to tell Lauren | 如果盖比对劳伦说 |
[10:28] | that he was embarrassed about our dirty windows… | 我们家窗户玻璃脏得让他不舒服 |
[10:31] | She might do something about it. | 她可能会采取些措施 |
[10:33] | Gabe’s always had a thing about clean windows… | 盖比特别喜欢干净的窗户 |
[10:35] | Ever since he was a baby. | 从小就这样 |
[10:38] | You should come over more often. | 你该常来拜访的 |
[10:46] | Look at this place. | 看看这地方 |
[10:47] | It’s hard to believe an | 咱们这栋楼里竟然有这么好的公寓 |
[10:48] | apartment in our building can look this great. | 简直让人难以置信 |
[10:50] | Right? I mean, he has everything we don’t… | 咱们没有的这儿都一应俱全 |
[10:53] | Nice furniture, cool art, rats. | 时尚雅致的家具 别具一格的装饰画 还有老鼠 |
[10:57] | What are the rats’ names again? | 它们叫什么名字来着 |
[10:58] | Peanut Butter and Jelly. | 花生酱和果冻 |
[11:00] | Wow. | 哇 |
[11:01] | Look at Jelly run around the cage. Man, he’s fast. | 你看果冻正绕着笼子跑呢 喔 速度好快啊 |
[11:05] | I bet Peanut Butter’s faster. | 我敢打赌花生酱跑得更快 |
[11:07] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你是说出了我的心声吗 |
[11:09] | Rat race! | 老鼠赛跑 |
[11:18] | This may be our greatest race ever. | 这很可能成为我们有史以来最伟大的比赛 |
[11:20] | Certainly our weirdest. | 反正肯定是最怪异的 |
[11:22] | – Are you ready? – Ready. | -准备好了么 -准备好了 |
[11:24] | On your mark, get set… | 各就各位 预备 |
[11:28] | Go. | 跑 |
[11:33] | – What are they doing? – Guys, the path is clearly marked. | -它们这是在干嘛 -伙计们 路线都画好了呀 |
[11:35] | – Where they go? Oh no. – No no no no no. | -它们去哪了 -别介啊 |
[11:37] | – No no no no. No no no no. – No no. | -坏了坏了 -坏了 |
[11:42] | – Oh oh oh oh! – What? What? | -完了 -这下咋整 |
[11:45] | – Oh, I got Jelly. – Where’s Peanut Butter? | -我抓到果冻了 -花生酱哪去了 |
[11:48] | Well, he’s not at the finish line, so winner! | 它不在终点线 所以 冠军产生了 |
[12:07] | Wait! Why are we screaming? | 等等 我们为啥尖叫啊 |
[12:20] | How did a rat get in here anyway? | 老鼠怎么会进来的 |
[12:22] | Well, there it is! | 在那 |
[12:25] | Why are you screaming? Is there a problem with the D.V.R.? | 你们叫啥呀 录像带出什么问题了吗 |
[12:29] | There’s a rat in here! | 这里有老鼠 |
[12:31] | – Yes! – Woo! | -好耶 -喔 |
[12:34] | – Peanut Butter. – Come here, Peanut Butter. | -花生酱 -快出来 花生酱 |
[12:36] | – Okay, Peanut Butter. – Come here. | -花生酱 -快出来哦 |
[12:46] | – I’m Emmett. – I’m Vonnie. | -我叫埃米特 -我叫翁妮 |
[12:49] | – Emmett! – Sorry, sorry. | -埃米特 -不好意思 |
[12:53] | Did you see that? | 你们看见了么 |
[12:55] | He just gave me the look! | 他刚才用那种眼神看我的 |
[12:58] | You don’t want the look from Emmett. Believe me. | 你不会喜欢埃米特用那种眼神看你的 相信我 |
[13:02] | Okay, now where was the last place you saw the rat? | 好了 你们最后一次看到老鼠是在哪里 |
[13:04] | Right there. | 就这儿 |
[13:05] | Well, he’s not there now, so we know he moved. | 那么它现在不在这了 就是说它已经离开了 |
[13:08] | That’s the kind of thinking that comes with the look. | 这就是用那种眼神看你的人的智商 |
[13:12] | – We need a plan to catch this rat. – Okay, I think I got one. | -我们得想个办法来捉老鼠 -我想到了一个 |
[13:15] | You go upstairs, grab all the cheese you can find, | 你上楼去把能找到的奶酪都拿着 |
[13:17] | crackers too, and you bring ’em down here. | 包括饼干 然后一起带下来 |
[13:19] | After we’ve had our after-breakfast snack, | 等我们吃完餐后点心 |
[13:20] | we’ll think of ways to catch that rat. | 我们再想办法捉老鼠 |
[13:22] | Got it. | 明白 |
[13:30] | Good morning, Sir. Beau Landry ready for work. | 早上好 长官 博·兰德里准备就绪 |
[13:33] | I’m sorry. I guess I didn’t make myself clear. | 不好意思 可能是我没说明白 |
[13:36] | You didn’t get the job. | 我并没有聘用你 |
[13:38] | Sir, if I didn’t get the job, then why am I wearing this shirt? | 长官 如果你没有聘用我 我为什么会穿着这件衬衫呢 |
[13:44] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道为什么 |
[13:47] | Mr. Duncan, I’m a hard worker and I’m reliable. | 邓肯先生 我是个工作很努力的人 值得您信赖 |
[13:51] | If you give me a chance, you won’t be disappointed. | 如果您给我一个机会 我一定不让您失望 |
[13:53] | Beau, come on. Look, I… | 博 你听我说 |
[13:56] | I really need someone with experience. | 我需要的是有经验的人 |
[13:59] | Well, this is already my second day. | 今天已经是我的第二天了呀 |
[14:02] | Come on, there must’ve been | 拜托 您的第一次 |
[14:03] | someone that gave you your first big break. | 也是别人给机会的呀 |
[14:07] | Well… | 唔 |
[14:09] | There was old man Witherspoon. | 从前有个叫威瑟斯彭的老人 |
[14:11] | Yeah, there’s a story. | 这还有个故事 |
[14:13] | – I don’t suppose you’d want to hear it. – I’d love to. | -我猜你不会想听 -我想啊 |
[14:15] | Really? | 真的么 |
[14:17] | You want to hear one of my bug stories? | 你想听我的捉虫经历 |
[14:19] | That’s never happened before. | 这可是史上头一遭 |
[14:23] | You hang on. | 你先等会 |
[14:25] | – Hello. – Dad, there was a rat! | -你好 -老爸 这儿有只老鼠 |
[14:27] | – Oh, hi, Teddy. – A rat in PJ’s apartment! | -哦 泰迪啊 -PJ的屋里有只老鼠 |
[14:29] | Whoa whoa whoa whoa. What? All right, all right. | 慢点说慢点说 啥 好的 知道了 |
[14:31] | I’ll be right over. | 我马上过来 |
[14:34] | Well, I guess it’s your lucky day. | 今天还真是你的幸运日 |
[14:36] | I’m gonna give you a shot. We’ve got a rat situation. | 我就给你个机会 正好出鼠害状况了 |
[14:38] | – I’m hired? – We’ll just see how the first job goes. | -我被聘用了 -我先看看你的表现如何 |
[14:42] | Oh! Hey, you know what? On the way over, | 对了 去那儿的路上 |
[14:44] | I’ll tell you the old man Witherspoon story. | 我跟你说那个叫威瑟斯彭老人的故事 |
[14:46] | Now I kinda have the job, so… | 既然我已经开始工作了 就 |
[14:48] | Oh, no no no no no. You said you’d listen. There’s no take-backs. | 不不不 你说了你要听的 不能反悔 |
[14:57] | These are really dirty. | 窗户真脏啊 |
[14:58] | Seems like they haven’t been washed forever. | 好像从来没擦过似的 |
[15:00] | Actually, it was November 1st, two years ago. | 事实上 是十一月一号擦的 两年前 |
[15:03] | That’s pretty specific. | 记的真清楚 |
[15:05] | I used to egg her windows every Halloween. | 以前每年的万圣节 我都用鸡蛋砸她家窗户 |
[15:09] | Sweet memories. Sweet memories. | 美好的回忆 真是美好的回忆啊 |
[15:12] | – So is this clean enough for you? – I guess. Who cares? | -你觉得够干净了么 -差不多吧 谁在乎呀 |
[15:15] | You care. You have a thing about clean windows. | 你在乎呀 你对干净的窗户有特别的热情 |
[15:17] | I don’t have a thing about clean anything. | 我对任何干净的东西都没有热情 |
[15:20] | That’s not what your mom told my grandma. | 你妈妈可不是这么和我外婆说的 |
[15:24] | My mom and Mrs. Dabney were together? | 我妈和达布尼太太走到一起了 |
[15:29] | And now we’re washing windows? | 然后现在咱俩就在这擦玻璃了 |
[15:33] | – Yeah, so? – We’re being played! | -没错 咋了 -咱俩被玩了 |
[15:36] | Mrs. Dabney I can see, but my own mother? | 达布尼太太也就算了 可我自己亲妈也玩我 |
[15:40] | Actually, I can see that too. | 我倒觉得是意料之中啊 |
[15:47] | Amy, you are a genius. | 艾米 你真是个天才 |
[15:50] | I think next week Lauren’s | 我猜下周 |
[15:51] | gonna point out that my garden needs weeding. | 劳伦就会主动提出要给我的花园除草了 |
[15:53] | And I have a feeling Gabe is | 我的直觉告诉我 |
[15:56] | gonna think my laundry room needs repainting. | 盖比会帮我收拾洗衣间 |
[15:59] | He does have an eye for that. | 他的确有那个远见 |
[16:08] | Wow. Your evil laugh is a lot better than mine. | 哇 你邪恶的笑声比我的厉害多了 |
[16:11] | I’ve been doing it a lot longer. | 我已经练习很久了 |
[16:15] | They’re laughing now, but we’ll see who’s laughing later. | 让她们现在笑 不过看谁能笑到最后 |
[16:18] | So what are we gonna do? | 我们要怎么做 |
[16:20] | I don’t know yet, but whatever it is, | 我还没想到 不过不管怎样 |
[16:23] | it’s gonna end in evil laughing. | 一定会以邪恶的笑声结尾 |
[16:27] | I swear Emmett gave me the look. | 我发誓埃米特用那种眼神看我了 |
[16:29] | Oh! And we’re back to that. | 又说回去了 |
[16:31] | Oh, and I gave the look back to him. | 我也用那种眼神回看他的 |
[16:34] | Ha! We’re so getting married. | 我们一定会结婚的 |
[16:38] | He didn’t give you the look. | 他没用那种眼神看你 |
[16:40] | He looked at you. | 他只是看了你一眼 |
[16:42] | There’s a difference. | 这两者是有区别的 |
[16:44] | I guess somebody doesn’t want to be a bridesmaid. | 我猜某人不想当伴娘了 |
[16:48] | I don’t either. | 我也不想 |
[16:52] | Okay, cavalry is here. | 好了 正规军到了 |
[16:55] | Girls, maybe you should wait in the bathroom. | 姑娘们 你们还是去卫生间等着吧 |
[16:58] | Well, what if the rat’s in there? | 如果老鼠在那呢 |
[17:00] | Then they’ll scream and we’ll know where the rat is. | 那她们就会尖叫 我们也就知道老鼠在哪了 |
[17:02] | – What? – Uh, nothing. Nothing. | -啥 -没啥 |
[17:08] | – Ready to go. – Who’s this? | -准备好了么 -他是谁 |
[17:10] | This is Beau, giving him a little try-out. | 这位是博 给他一个尝试的机会 |
[17:13] | – Beau, this is my son, P.J. – Hey. | -博 这是我儿子PJ -你好 |
[17:16] | Oh whoa. No no no traps. Dad, you can’t kill this rat. | 等等 不能用夹子 老爸 不能把这只老鼠弄死 |
[17:18] | Well, then what did you call an exterminator for? | 那你叫除虫师来干吗的 |
[17:20] | Oh, I thought you were a pest control specialist. | 我以为你是害虫防治专家呢 |
[17:23] | I stopped saying that years ago. Who was I kidding? | 我几年前就不这么自称了 谁信呢 |
[17:28] | – Why can’t we use the traps? – Because he’s a pet. | -为什么不能用夹子 -因为它是宠物 |
[17:31] | His name’s Peanut Butter. | 它的名字叫花生酱 |
[17:33] | Someone trusted me with him and then I raced him… | 有人把它托付给我 然后我就拿他赛跑了 |
[17:36] | Like I always do. | 正如我的一贯作风 |
[17:39] | Do you happen to have any real peanut butter? | 你有没有真的花生酱 |
[17:41] | Well, yeah, why? | 有啊 怎么了 |
[17:43] | Well, I figure if his name’s Peanut Butter, | 我在想既然它叫花生酱 |
[17:46] | maybe he likes peanut butter. | 没准它真的喜欢花生酱呢 |
[17:51] | Dad is this gonna work? | 老爸 这真的能管用么 |
[17:53] | No, of course not. | 当然不能 |
[17:55] | But you know what? This is good, | 不过呢 这也是好事 |
[17:57] | because we all learn from trial and… | 因为我们都是从失败中学到教训的 |
[17:59] | There he is! | 它还真来了 |
[18:07] | – There you go. – Oh, thank you. | -给你 -谢谢了 |
[18:08] | Oh, Peanut Butter, you had me so worried. | 花生酱 你害我担心死了 |
[18:13] | Not bad, kid. Not bad. | 不赖啊 小伙 真不赖 |
[18:16] | You know what? Welcome aboard. | 知道么 欢迎入伙 |
[18:19] | All right. | 太好了 |
[18:21] | Hey, girls, you can come out now. | 姑娘们 你们可以出来了 |
[18:24] | Oh, hey, Beau, this is Vonnie and Kelsey… | 博 这是维尼和凯尔西 |
[18:29] | – Hi. – And that’s my daughter Teddy. | -你好 -那是我女儿泰迪 |
[18:41] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:43] | Hey. | 你好 |
[18:45] | Now that was the look. | 这才是那种眼神 |
[18:56] | Hey, what are you doing here? | 你在这干嘛呢 |
[18:57] | I thought you were getting together with Lauren. | 我还以为你和劳伦在一起呢 |
[18:59] | Oh, we broke up. | 哦 我们分手了 |
[19:01] | What?! Wha… what happened? | 啥 发生什么事了 |
[19:04] | She’s nice and all. It’s just she started getting all bossy. | 她挺好的 就是有点太专横了 |
[19:08] | Kept asking me to do chores and stuff. | 总是让我干零活办杂事 |
[19:12] | Gabe, this is all my fault. | 盖比 都是我的错 |
[19:15] | What? | 啥 |
[19:17] | Okay, look, Mrs. Dabney and I, | 是这样的 我和达布尼太太 |
[19:19] | used you and Lauren to get | 利用你和劳伦在一起的机会 |
[19:20] | each other to do things around the house. | 让你们互相指使对方帮我们干活 |
[19:22] | How could you do that?! | 你怎么可以这么做 |
[19:24] | Well, it was more Mrs. Dabney than me. | 相比起来更是达布尼太太的主意 |
[19:27] | I can’t believe you ruined my first relationship. | 我简直无法相信是你毁了我的初恋 |
[19:30] | I feel terrible. I… I just… | 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:32] | Is there anything I can do, | 我能做点什么 |
[19:34] | anything at all to make you feel better? | 让你好过些么 |
[19:37] | I… I could eat. | 我 我想吃东西 |
[19:40] | Okay, I’ll make you a sandwich. | 没问题 我给你做个三明治吧 |
[19:42] | Eh. | 呃 |
[19:44] | You know what might help? | 您知道啥更有用不 |
[19:47] | Lasagna… | 千层面 |
[19:49] | From… from the nice Italian place. | 要那家美味意大利菜馆的 |
[19:51] | That’s all the way across town. | 那得穿过整个镇子呢 |
[19:53] | – My first relationship, mom. – I’m leaving now. | -我的初恋啊 老妈 -我这就去 |
[20:05] | – Hey. – Hey, how’s it working over there? | -嘿 -嘿 你那边咋样了 |
[20:07] | Hang on. | 稍等 |
[20:08] | Here you go, honey. Grandma’s so sorry for what she did. | 给你 亲爱的 外婆太内疚了 |
[20:14] | Working like a charm. | 效果如神 |
[20:21] | Hey Charlie, so… | 嘿 查莉 |
[20:23] | Today’s life lesson is about sleepovers. | 今天要教给你的是与朋友在外过夜的经验 |
[20:27] | As in don’t have them at PJ’s apartment. | 就是千万不要住PJ的屋子 |
[20:31] | Wait, what am I saying? | 等会 我说啥傻话呢 |
[20:33] | When you’re my age, PJ’s gonna be, like, 30. | 等你到我这个年龄 PJ都三十多了 |
[20:36] | He can’t still be living with Emmett, can he? | 他怎么可能还和埃米特住在一起呢 |
[20:40] | My advice stands. | 那我的建议依然有用 |
[20:44] | In other news, dad hired a new guy… | 还有其他的新闻 老爸雇了一个新人 |
[20:49] | Beau. And… | 叫博 |
[20:51] | I met him and… | 我见过他了 然后 |
[20:55] | That’s all I wanna say about that. | 我想说的就这些 |
[20:59] | Hey, honey, have you seen Gabe? | 亲爱的 你看见盖比没 |
[21:01] | I made him one of those fruit smoothies he loves so much. | 我做了他最喜欢的水果冰沙 |
[21:04] | Oh, I think he went somewhere with Lauren. | 哦 他和劳伦一起出去了 |
[21:07] | With Lauren? | 和劳伦 |
[21:09] | They’re still together? | 他们还在一起 |
[21:12] | I mean, they were holding hands. | 反正他们是手拉手走的 |
[21:15] | You know what goes well with a smoothie? | 你知道什么和冰沙搭在一起最合适么 |
[21:19] | Revenge. | 复仇 |
[21:24] | Well, Gabe’s gonna need some good luck, Charlie. | 看来盖比急需一点好运了 查莉 |
[21:35] | Hey! So what’s the big emergency? | 嘿 出了什么紧急状况 |
[21:37] | I was taking care of my neighbors bird and as usual I lost him. | 我帮邻居照看小鸟 结果照例给弄丢了 |
[21:42] | Well, so, what do you need me for? | 那你要我来做什么 |
[21:44] | Remember how we used peanut butter to catch Peanut Butter? | 你还记得我们怎么用花生酱把花生酱捉到的么 |
[21:47] | I think the same thing might work with the bird. | 我在想这招可能对小鸟也管用呢 |
[21:49] | – What’s the birds name? – Bob. | -小鸟叫什么名 -鲍勃 |
[21:52] | That’s ridiculous! | 这也太扯了 |
[21:53] | I think his given name is Robert. | 我想全名应该是罗伯特吧 |
[21:56] | – Makes sense to me. – That’s not what I meant. | -这就比较合理了 -我没说那个 |
[21:59] | Will you please just go stand by the window? | 拜托你站在窗户旁边呗 |
[22:02] | Fine. | 那好吧 |
[22:05] | But I’m telling you, this isn’t going to work. | 不过我告诉你 这是没用的 |
[22:09] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! | 喔喔喔 |
[22:14] | Thanks dad. | 谢了 老爸 |
[22:16] | It’s the wrong bird, but thanks. | 不是这只鸟 不过还是谢了 |
[22:21] | Oh, there you are. Hi Bob. | 哦 你在这儿呢 你好啊 鲍勃 |